Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Help me decide
Convergent

Convergent

Renton, WA | formerly ER Solutions, Inc.

1.1/5 (81 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Convergent Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Convergent?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.)?

Original review: April 5, 2021

Received notice of debt collection. After multiple calls, transfers, and explanations and explaining to each agent:‼️ THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CLAIM; AGENTS ALWAYS HANG UP ON ME WITHOUT RESOLUTION. This company doesn't seem reputable. Phone 2 hrs, transferred numerous times and then they hang up! Rude!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

A lady called me from Convergent outsourcing about a Dish Network account. I made arrangement to pay for some equipment for renting it, I did not owe them any money. I was a month to month plan. So I paid them 2 payment Dec. And Jan they took out of my banking acc. They sent my acc. to the credit bur. After I paid, I they say I don't have acc. And I owe them money. I paid them in full. They are a scam. BUT UNJUST DONT PROSPER.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Received several calls from this Company. Caller I.D. says who it is but nobody is ever on the other end of the line. Then a letter came from the saying I owe over $1200 to Dish Network and they are collecting. If I pay within 14 days of receiving the letter I only have to pay a third of the $1200.I never used Dish Network. I called Dish to confirm this and they said they have no record of a debt. These people need to be stopped. I called the Federal Bureau of Consumer Protection and filed a report. It was easy and if you've been harassed by them you need to do this. It's the only way to shut them down. Your credit score will be affected by this Company.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This company is horrible. I owed a bill to Sprint which I paid to Sprint. In full! Somehow before I did they bought the debt and are reporting it. Since I paid what I owed to Sprint how can they possibly own this debt? I have sent numerous validation letters and no response! This company does not follow FCRA laws and should be sued into bankruptcy for all the hard they do. Look at all the reviews. They need to be investigated for fraud!!! They won’t respond to anything but complaints saying they have validated it which is a complete lie. Show proof if you have. Stop breaking the law.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I contacted this Convergent outsourcing thinking they were a business that fights for the rights of consumers. They actually are a debt collections agency. Work with Lemberg Law out of Wilton, CT. Calls coming from Atlanta, Georgia. I have been receiving calls periodically, have not answered these calls. The phone number (mine) is unlisted, private. I pay for that service through Frontier Communications who by the way ** me up from the onset. I did however pick up the phone today and spoke with a Tom **, supervisor, would not say where the call center was.

He said he was looking for Teresa **. I told him I have had this number for 18 months, do not know anyone by that name and I was going to report him, which I did. He said this Teresa ** could have had this phone number before it was given to me. Seemed reasonable, but what a scam. This one so contrived, premeditated, using a fake name and explanation. Can see right through this one. Investigate this business and this Tom ** who could be a fake also. This scenario has been reported to federal bureaus, Trustpilot, Resolver and now you.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I received a letter in my mailbox that was addressed to the past management office in this building, but with my apartment number on it. I’ve called them three times and while I’m letting them know they have the wrong address on file they HANG UP ON ME. Three different representatives have done this! Finally, the last caller I spoke with says, “Okay, we have removed this address on file” and before I could even say “thanks” or anything they HANG UP ON ME! This is not the behavior anyone should be receiving from any company. I feel sorry for anyone who actually has their name on a letter and needs to deal with these people.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My experience with Convergent is one that is now leading me to litigate them and hopefully put their shady and illegal practices out of business. I hope others will join in. I had a T-Mobile account opened fraudulently, by means of identity theft, in my name. I originally took this up with T-Mobile in which they removed my collection status and apologized. Well somehow junk debt buyer Convergent ended up purchasing this bad debt.

I successfully had the debt removed from my credit reports showing that it was a bad debt. About a year later it showed up on my credit report again with the collection company as Convergent. Being nice, even though I recognized the illegal practice of a new date of the debt, I gave a chance and had this debt removed again in September 2017. Now I apply for a loan with my husband and I find Convergent with this same T-Mobile account and a new date added as the debt date December 2018.

Convergent partakes in violation of FCRA and FDCPA. These violations of law allow a victim to sue for all legal fees and damages. Please, if you are having any issues with Convergent, contact a lawyer and not Convergent. Together we can litigate them into doing the law abiding practice they are supposed to do, or litigate them into bankruptcy and spare others the hardships in the future. A google search for consumer protection lawyers will bring up lawyers who deal with this stuff and most do free consultation and even offer to represent without cost until it is over knowing they will collect from companies like Convergent.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I canceled my Dish service because they could not uphold service during bad weather and I got tired of paying for numerous channels I never looked at in the bundle package. Even though I canceled, I knew I was responsible for paying the due balance, WHICH I DID. Regardless of me paying on my bill until I paid it off, the no-good, nasty people who work for Convergent outsourcing sent a collections to the credit company showing a due balance of $30. Mind you, I was paying on my Dish bill EVERY WEEK! I am extremely angry with this company.

The only thing they want to do is ruin your credit. I never saw such nasty hearted people send your info to collections regardless of seeing you pay your bill. I'm sure karma will come right back to the person who works there that sent my information to collections, which I already disputed the charge because my balance is already paid off IN FULL! They wait until you are almost done paying then send your info to collections to hurt your credit.

I hope whoever sent my info to collections is very happy with what they done because believe me, it's NOT going to stop me from getting it removed and my credit score returning to where it should be. You're all a bunch of shady crooks who don't care about customers but about money. With so much happening in the world, wait for the Lord to come through your place of business and destroy everything there for being so damn nasty!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recently received a piece of mail, I almost threw out because it looked like junk mail, it wasn't. It was from Convergent. It stated that I owe Samsung $300??? Yes I bought a Samsung phone from the company, but I do not owe them anything. I have never heard one thing from them. Plus, Samsung had my charge information, if I owe them why don't they just charge me??? (Samsung that is.) I am the store manager at a wireless phone store as well. The back of the notice said "If we do not receive a written dispute of this charge within 30 days, we will assume that this charge is valid." ASSUME? ASSUME??? How about some proof first.

Also, I have records of Convergent calling me on Feb 14th, Feb 15th, & Feb 19th. I had no idea why they were calling me, but I picked up the phone each time and was hung up on immediately. Each of the calls lasted 4 seconds. Why would they hang up on me? I did not hang up on them? I think it is because they know that this is not a valid debt. REALLY???

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I received a call from Convergent that they are trying to collect a bill for T-mobile on an account I closed and was told was paid in full 3 years earlier. Never received a bill or a letter of collection in those 3 years. Convergent can't show me a bill where the balance is stated. T-mobile acknowledges the balance but also can't show any balance info either. I am concerned this is a scam and if I pay they will try it again later.

Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.) Company Information

Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.)
    www.convergentusa.com