Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.)

Renton, WA

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I closed out a PayPal account I used to have because of some confusion over a company from Poland purchased a necklace using my account somehow, and left me with a $5000+ debt to PayPal. I did not pay for this criminal act, and PayPal denied the claim I submitted concerning the transaction and told me that I was responsible for the debt. So I closed the account and opened a new one. Apparently, PayPal put me in collections for this money that I did NOT owe them, and turned it over to Convergent Outsourcing to collect. NOW THE FUN STARTS.

Convergent keeps calling me several times a week over this, and when they call it is ALWAYS a recorded message that offers a phone number to call for assistance. Unfortunately, this is not a real number, and when I call it nothing happens, it does not even ring. Instead, you call the number, and it immediately goes to a dial tone without even ringing once. So, I am being harassed over a debt that is not legally mine, by a company that is clandestine in its practices, and I cannot see an end. I just want to stop getting calls about this, and wish I knew how to besides paying over $5000 for a fictional debt that I never incurred!

These people are completely clueless. Had a conference call with Factual data today as I settled an old Verizon bill so I can purchase a house. This account is only on my Experian Credit Report. So I had to prove I paid them. First they denied I made a payment, put on hold for a long time, finally got another person, they lied too. Then finally they come on and say they made a mistake that in fact they had received a payment and I was paid in full. Rude, snotty people. Kept on hold about 15 or 20 minutes. They are quick to put something on your Credit report, but not quick to take it off. Another bottom feeder Company. Oh I am getting the house loan... whether it comes off or not because the whole call was recorded. These people are idiots!

I received a letter in the mail yesterday in my maiden name from 10 years ago. It said that they are a collection agency for TXU Electric here in Texas. It said that I owe $1247.63 and need to pay it immediately or it would be reported to my credit, but that they would "take" $748.00 to clear the debt. I got to thinking that I don't owe TXU anything and I haven't had an account with them since 2008.

When I called Convergent the first thing they wanted was my SS number. Luckily I refused to give it to them. I asked them to send me an itemized bill from TXU with dates and signature. They said it would come in a "few weeks." I told them I wanted it today and they could fax it to me. Mysteriously the screen on her end all of a sudden went blank and she could no longer see my "account" on her screen. I hung up and called TXU. They were very kind and told me that indeed I didn't owe anything.

I called Convergent back and told them what TXU said. The girl who answered called me a bitch and said that she didn't have to answer my questions about where they got my information etc. I told her to shove it up her a$$ and that I was reporting them to the BBB, the attorney general for Texas, and the attorney general for Washington (where the letter from them came from).

This is obviously a scam. Don't give them any information and under no circumstances, agree to pay anything to them. If you think you might have a debt, deal only with the company where the debt originated and ask to have a copy of the original contract with your signature. Remember too that if the debt is over seven years old, you are under no obligation to pay it - it has been discharged and is no longer collectible.

Over the last several weeks I have received dozens of calls seemingly from **, and yesterday the caller identified himself with Convergent Outsourcing to advise that they'd stop calling if I would provide them the last four digits of my social security number to confirm that I was not their collection target. I ended up providing the information, and they confirmed that I was not the wanted individual and further told such mistakes "happen." I felt as if I were extorted into providing my personal information in order to stop the bothersome calls.

It appears as if the business model of Convergent Outsourcing is to call all people with the same name, and then by process of elimination hope to eventually find their intended target regardless of how many innocent folks are annoyed with repeated calls in the meantime. It's like they're shooting fish in a barrel and just hoping they hit the right one. This is shameful and I filed complaints (as I encourage others to do with similar experiences) both with the attorney general for Washington State in which Convergent Outsourcing has an office and with the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Convergent collections harassed me by phone for about a year, demanding payment for a delinquent PayPal credit acct. I repeatedly told them I did not have a PayPal account, asked to check the info their client provided to ascertain if this was a case of mistaken identity or identity theft. They refused. I did not offer my personal info so they proceeded using publicly accessible info (home address & email). I received a written demand for payment of the same debt - mailed to my home. I sent written dispute (as instructed) again saying it was not my account. Not my debt. Either the account holder and I had the same name, it was a case of identity theft, or they were running a scam. Very concerned, I demanded to see the account and credit application information their client provided so I could report and investigate possible Identity theft.

They replied with another demand for payment. Stating their investigation of my dispute was complete. That their findings proved the claim was valid. The debt would be reported and would remain on my credit report. They attached ONLY copies of 2 bills as supporting evidence of their findings. The account holder's billing address was in Atlanta Georgia. Surely they already checked to see if someone with the same name lived in Georgia. But I did a search on peoplefinders.com anyway as this was the only information they supplied. To my disbelief and great anger there WAS someone in Georgia with the same name. What a relief he had a different middle name and was over 13 years younger than me. At least I could rule out identity theft.

I sent an email to Synchrony Bank in complaint of Convergent incompetence and how badly it reflected on the bank that would hire these idiots. Then sent a traditional letter of complaint to Convergent along with what I discovered on peoplefinders.com. Every credit application requires the applicants social security number. They need only match it to this person in Georgia to know it was not mine. They did not reply for over 4 months and I figured they had realized their mistake and moved on to pursue the real debtor. Apparently they failed to locate him or completely disregarded the information I offered. I received one final call. The guy argued like a petulant retard then hung up me with parting words that he would report me and ** up my credit.

My credit monitoring service notified me a few days later. Convergent had indeed spitefully settled the score for my scathing complaint with the fraudulent report, without a doubt impossible NOT to know it was not my account. Scum, incompetent criminal scum. I am working hard to get this removed from my reports and find some way to make these degenerates accountable for their actions (grossly negligent, incompetent, and malicious). They should not be allowed license to operate a business involved with personal or sensitive information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.)?

I received letter from this company about my account in Paypal and it says may account is negative of $199.70 and demanded me to pay. I checked my account and called customer service to make sure that someone can answer my questions right away. My account is in good standing and never had late payment. I report to them about the letter I received and they told me that is not true, it maybe someone account. I tried to call the company Convergent and no one answer or return my call. It's scares me, cause they might reported my account to the credit bureau. I guess, this is scam and need to be stop. I will give you update once I got the response from this scam. Thanks.

I received a call last summer from Convergent stating I owed money for a credit card that the account was now in collection. I set up payment arrangements to get it cleared. Each month the money was debited from my account. I received a letter in Dec 2015 that the payment for January was $0. I assumed it was all clear. Today I get a call I still owe them. I even talked to a supervisor and asked him to explain how this was possible. He didn't explain just that I still owe the debt. What crooks. I will not be paying them another penny.

This son's got a hold of my debit card and took 134 for no reason. Does anyone know what I can do next? I want to report these MFs to the police. I want my money back. I don't even know who these jerks are and just taking my money without my consent. My account is in the negative because of these SOBs.

This company has been calling me for weeks. I have no association with them and my number is in the National Do Not Call List. Their calls to me are illegal. They are harassment. I do not owe anyone any money. They told me my number wasn't in their system when I called, then 5 seconds later told me that they were going to remove my number from their list. How do you remove a number that "isn't in your system"? So they are liars as well as criminals.

If anyone is interested in pursuing legal action against this company and/or their affiliates, please let me know. I have been so stressed out because of their harassment and now my girlfriend wants to break up with me and I am going to have to move out of my house because I flipped out on the representative that lied to me. This company has ruined my life. I would never do business with them or anyone associated with them. Anyone who works for them or does business with them is tainted by association.

Received a letter attempting to collect a debt. Didn't recognize debt. Don't believe I owed this. Nothing on my credit reports and my score is excellent. A week after getting the letter from Convergent, I sent them a certified letter requesting proof of original debt and demanded they never contact me again. I got a letter back saying they are not handling the above referenced debt. Bottom feeders. Request verification of debt from those folks and don't pay them.

Got a letter from Convergent collections at my home address claiming my husband owed a bad debt on his PayPal account. He has never had a PayPal account so I wrote a reply disputing their claim. I told them the account either belongs to another person with the same name or it was a case of identity theft. That possibility was a concern so I also requested any information they received from their client. Like a SS #, billing address, phone number, email, purchase history and shipping addresses. They promptly replied to my dispute, with a letter stating "We have completed our dispute investigation" and found that "this debt is valid, attached is verification of the debt." and that it would remain on our credit report.

The verification consisted of 2 billing statements with the billing address in Atlanta, GA. So I did my own investigation (a quick search on peoplefinders). It took less than 2 minutes to rule out identity theft and verify that there was indeed another person with same name living in GA. He was 15 yrs younger, different middle initial, unmistakably a different person and a far more likely candidate to pursue - since his residential address and the billing address were in the same state. I wrote back to them again with the findings of my "investigation" then sent a complaint/concern to their client Synchrony Bank, about the incompetence of the collection agency they hired. (It reflects poorly on them that they enlist the help of retards such as those at Convergent.) The account they are trying to collect on is entered in the order number field.

I set up payment arrangements to pay $40 a month on the end of the month when I get my social security check. They told me to go ahead and send the check in early and they would not cash it until the 31st. Guess what? They cashed it right away and I now have negative $38 dollars on my account and tonight my bank will be adding an overdraft fee. I'm on s.s. and don't have extra money. If you owe them money, DON'T pay them! They're dishonest and will tell you what you want to hear to get your money. Once again don't pay then, they'll rip you off and deny the deals you make with them!!!

My family members have been called EVERYDAY by these supposed people CONVERGENT OUTSOURCE stating that they better put me on the phone so they asked who are they and they said they don't have to say anything. Who the hell they think they are! Threatening my family and thinking that one has to give them any information about me yet they won't even say why they calling except "oh it's personal."

I checked on this and found that they are trying to scam me for a debt that I don't even have! I told my family to go to the police and file charges for harassment against these SOB's and assure that they get fined and charged for all their calls and threats to my family and for harassing both my family and me! This ** is going to stop!

I was contacted by Convergent through a bill that stated that I owed United Credit National Bank $958.20. They informed me that Galaxy Asset Purchasing, LLC had purchased the debt. Upon further conversation with the collections representative I realized that this was a fraudulent claim they had against me. The bank in question is in South Dakota and I have never lived in SD, and I have lived in the same community and banked locally for over 30 years. Then upon researching Galaxy Asset Purchasing I find out that they too are a fraudulent company! I saved all documentation from them and intend to contact an attorney. Just think of how many people, especially the elderly that they have extorted money out of. I would think that this is a federal matter of some type.

I moved into my current home six years ago. Almost immediately I began receiving telephone calls attempting to collect a debt from Jennifer ** . I explained to the caller that they had a wrong number. There was no Jennifer ** at this phone number or address. These calls have continued for the the entire six years I have lived at this address. Explaining to the caller that they have the wrong number succeeds only in discontinuing the calls for a few weeks. Collectors refuse to tell me for whom they are collecting the debt or what the debt is for -- since I am not myself Jennifer **. However, without this information I cannot write to the original debt collector and ask that the collection attempts cease. Since the calls never cease, callers clearly do not honor my request that they inform the original debt collector that they have the wrong phone number.

Convergent Resources is only one of the groups who have continued these harassing calls, both under their current name, and as ER Solutions. I finally purchased a phone with call blocking -- for one reason and one reason only -- to block calls from Convergent Resources. I periodically check the call logs, and find that Convergent Resources continues to call (and be blocked) usually several times a week. I have a certain satisfaction at least in knowing that Convergent Resources is wasting their time continuing to make these calls, and that I no longer have to waste my time telling these bloodsuckers that they have the wrong number.

Over a year ago I canceled a Comcast account that I never had more than 25 days. I owed nothing when I canceled. 3 months later I started to receive harassing calls from Convergent Resources and they stated I supposedly owed over $134 to Comcast for unpaid services and unreturned equipment. After going around in circles with both Comcast and Convergent Resources, Comcast finally admitted it was a clerical error on their part and corrected the supposed debt. I even had Comcast send proof to Convergent Resources to have them leave me alone and drop the harassing calls. I heard nothing for almost a year till recently I had my credit pulled for a mortgage and saw that recently Convergent Resources put a judgement on me for the $134 about six months ago.

I call them and spoke to an Armondo (what probably isn't a real name). He would not hear anything I had to say, he spoke over me every time I spoke. He told me they received the account August 1, 2015. When I spoke he would only say over me, "You owe the debt." He stated to me, and I quote, "You pay the debt or else." Or else what I ask. He said, "We will have you arrested. You are a deadbeat and you have avoided us long enough. We will get our money from you one way or another." I'm like, "What, Seriously." I laughed. "On what charge?" I proceeded to inform them I am an officer of state courts and they best stop now while they are ahead cause I now can file a lawsuit against them.

Armondo continued to talk over me and proceeded to inform me that their attorneys are very powerful and I have no chance against them. They have won every case filed against them. He then told me to pay my debt and then hung up. I called Comcast to speak to collections and a rep by the name of George was gracious enough to look into the issue and stated I have a $0 balance with them and they informed Convergent Resources that almost a year ago. They closed the debt. Convergent Resources replied to them that the collection attempt has been removed.

I told George all what was told to me by the rep and that my credit is affected by it. Also informed him that being Convergent Resources is hired by Comcast, that if I choose to file a lawsuit against CR I will also have to include Comcast with it. So, three days went by and I get another harassing phone call from Convergent. I'm so glad its on my voicemail. They informed that my attempt to have the debt removed through Comcast had failed and they now have more proof that the debt is still valid and I need to resolve it. These people are idiots and feel they are GOD of debt collection. I have also filed a complaint with the FCC and waiting to hear back before I take legal action.

Received a convincing letter in the mail but for a debt to H&R - a company I used once for tax prep. the amount "owed" was equal to what was the cost of services and was paid. The letter was sent to an addressed I rented for 1 month for work. When I called I demanded to be removed or I would contact the Better Business Bureau along with going forward with legal action for extortion and or harassment. They removed all information. At the bottom of the letter it states "if we are calling you in error, please call 855-728-9701 or visit our website" - this protects them to a significant degree and places all consumers at risk. Do NOT send money. Always contact the original company prior to agreeing to pay any balance.

I received a letter today from this company saying this: "This notice is being sent to you by a collection agency regarding the past due balance on your Emerald Advance Line of Credit, (EA LOC), with H&R Block Bank in 2014. This letter represents our offer of a balance reduction of the total amount due on your outstanding EA LOC debt. If you accept this offer by the date and pay using one of the methods below, we will consider your 2014 EA LOC debt paid in full..."

It goes on to require my credit card number, signature, etc. with threatening language. COMPLAINT: They are using my maiden name, which I have not used for anything in 10 years. I have never used H&R Block and have no debt of any kind (we paid for our house and cars with cash.) This is obviously a SCAM. I will not be sending them any money or spending any more time on this. I will be throwing their letter away. Unfortunately, this letter seems pretty realistic and I'm sure some people will respond by wasting their time and money by paying these people amounts that they do not owe. They are saying my Principal is $401.50, Misc Costs: $82.50, with a total balance of $484.00 so this is no small amount they are after!

I received email from them informing me of a confidential eNotice they have for me but I need to "authenticate my info". They have my home address! I want to contact local authorities. I can unsubscribe but I'm afraid to contact them in any way.

The following is a compilation of 4 successive calls to the phone number 503 820 0978. I was trying to find out who the caller was and what they wanted. My fiance began receiving calls on his cell phone from. He does not answer blocked or unfamiliar numbers and they didn't leave a VM. So I googled, the number - it's Convergent. The google trail led to this website, thank goodness. Before I called, I read the 'reviews.' It's clear Convergent are scammers. From what I gathered, Convergent seeks out records of old debts and then try to fool people into thinking they still owe money to a variety of common telecommunication or medical collections, etc, or actual old debts, or a name and a company and then create fake debt. They then coerce the victim and offer the duped person a settlement amount, and they pay the false debt to Convergent by phone.

It also appears they are into more nefarious scams, having elders sign documents for who knows what. This in mind, I called the number again. They would not say who or what they were until I could prove I was the person they had called and asked for yet a different piece of info that I'd not given on the other call. Stalemate and so I called back a bit later and said I was "Pat." (My fiance's name is gender neutral, so I used it for my own.) They asked if I'd called earlier, and though I said I had, I maintained my r, that I WAS Pat. They do track all calls and how they are able to piece together personal identifiers by asking for individual different pieces i.e, middle name, the last four of a social, a FULL street address. (They may not have a complete street address, just a partial from the records they drum up and use and are looking to complete the address.)

They said they were Convergent, a diverse financial institution. I asked "what company has an issue with me?" They said "Verizon." Bingo. Neither ** nor I have been Verizon customers in any way for at least 12 years. This is what they use to prey on people. We tend to switch telecommunications providers often so it seems possible we left owing something,.... but not this time. Then I said "I'd contacted Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau and now would like to speak to your supervisor." She put on with a Sharon **. I told her that they must stop all live and robo calls to {my phone number} and other number they had on file for Pat last name. If they did not, we will sue Convergent for harassment. I then asked her if she had the authority to remove our information from their data base. She said yes and we would not be receiving any further calls and she apologized. I think these are the words they must hear to stop the predatory calls. We shall see.

Convergent Outsourcing called me this morning. They asked for me by an old married name from 13 years ago. They said I had an account with Wash. Mutual in 2002 and the account was overdrawn by 600.00+ and were trying to collect the debt. 1st - I have never had an account with Wash. Mutual. 2nd - my personal info on file was all mismatched wrong information. 3rd - a 13 yr. old debt is uncollectible and no longer valid at this point. DO NOT PAT THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS.

Convergent Outsourcing is listed on my credit report. I have no idea why I might have this collection agency after me. I have not ever had a past due medical bill. I have no bad credits with this company and I am unfamiliar with the collection agency's name and address mentioned below. I think that they are trolling. I am going to report them and the possible leaks of my information to the FCC. Address: 800 SW 39TH ST RENTON WA 98057 (425) 643-3111 Date of Request: 03/04/2015, 01/29/2014.

They just started calling me on a debt over 7 yrs old. The company they supposedly represent is Jefferson Systems. I hung up and then called back to see if the # was legit. I told them that I received a call from this number and to never call it again. She hung up and I expect her to take my call seriously. Predator companies need to be stopped.

I got two phone calls today looking for my husband. When asked what for, of course, they said it was a personal matter. When I asked what the company does, they said they could not give out that info which I found out is not true. They could have said they are trying to collect a debt. I told them to take me off their call list since I am not him and I have nothing to do with whatever debt he had 10+ years ago!

Convergent called on an alleged medical debt that was over 7 years old. My address and contact info had not changed in the 7 years and no attempt had been made about this debt. I found it very suspicious that after 7 years all of a sudden I now owe on a debt. I requested a detailed bill to which I was sent a very generic bill that just listed an amount. NO details regarding any payments that had been made by insurance or any other payments.

I had read several other posts that this had happened to others and that Convergent was not licensed (if that is the correct terminology), to which they laughed at me when I requested proof that Convergent was authorized to collect in the state of Texas (correct me if I am wrong but that is a violation). My intent was to ensure that they were operating within Texas collection laws. I also stated that I considered it harassment that they called and didn't leave a message. Their response was that it was a HIPA violation. It wouldn't be a HIPA violation to simply say they were collecting a debt.

These people have been calling my house repeatedly asking me for my personal information, home address and last four of my social before they will tell me what they are calling about. I find this highly alarming in this day of scams that they are asking for personal information. I refused to give it to them and they hung up on me. I called back to find out what their deal was and they hung up on me again when I refused to give them my personal information. From the little info I got, they were calling about something that was 20 years old way past the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I will now block their phone calls but do feel they need to be looked into about these practices.

A woman named judy called my mother's phone claiming to be "with a company contracted with buckeye health insurance" (my mother's senior medical care provider). They said they want to schedule a time to come to her home and ask her medical questions and have her fill out some forms. This sounded suspicious to me so I contacted buckeye health's member services number and told them what the caller said. The insurance company customer service told me they did not "contract" with anyone to collect member's information and that we should not give them any information or allow them in our house as it sounds to be a scam of some kind.

When judy called back I told her what buckeye customer service said and she claimed she knew what the problem was and could sort it out if we just meet and sign some papers. Obviously this con artist was not going to take "no" for an answer so I said if she set foot on my property she would be treated as a potentially dangerous trespasser and shot. Then she hung up. Since then she has called twice more, trying to meet with my mother (a senior citizen with nerve damage from a severe head injury). If this scam artist comes around my home I am calling the cops and pressing charges!

They were after me in 2014 for GE Capital Card and AT & T Telecom, which I'm currently having their accounts. They tried to make me pay settlement in full of 1,195.61 and $171.34, I called and talked to rep also wrote dispute letters, they stopped for a few months. Now I just received another letter from them for Bank of America Checking, which I have never banking with before, don't know what to do with these people. Please advise me what should I do, thank you. How can we stop these people from doing this???

For a period of eleven years, they have been calling my phone in regards to a person named Eddy **. I have repeatedly told them that I don't know this individual and this was my number now. I asked them to remove me from the calling list. They pretend to comply and the calls start back 2 months later. I pay for a phone line I no longer want to answer. They called my house for a whole 10 minutes back to back. Frustrated beyond my limit. Calling the better business Bureau for help.

After receiving more than a dozen calls from Convergent, I used my phone's call blocking feature to capture calls from those pests. Now, whenever they call me, all they get is a busy signal. If your phone has that capability, I suggest you use it to stop annoying calls.

Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.) Company Profile

Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.)