1.0/5 (66 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Commonwealth Financial Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Commonwealth Financial Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Commonwealth Financial Systems?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Trying to collect on old 5 year old medical that was paid in full. They are trying to collect a discounted fee that my surgeon approved to be paid by my insurance company because he was an in-network doctor. Called hospital, received a copy of the bill in question. Guess what we owe. Nothing. I have sent a cease and desist letter to take those off credit report.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I have been pursuing purchasing a home. When in the middle of this process my score drops 100 points due to a new account. It was opened fraudulently. I reported it to 3 bureaus. One has already dropped it. Seems this company deals in scams and add my to any suit filed.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Real company, illegal practices. They tried to report a paid, old debt, on the very eve of its expiration, in an attempt to strong arm me into paying this 3rd party zombie debt scuzz my hard earned money. Uh uh, nope, ain't happening! Reported it to the bureaus, and was deleted within 3 hrs! Apparently, Commonwealth Financial has a really bad reputation with the 3 big credit agencies. Just report the losers, with a request for validation of the debt.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I wish the Federal Bureau of Investigations would investigate on this company because of false and reporting claims. If I have Medicaid why would they still try to Bill me or even take up a claim. Accounts constantly pop up that I have no knowledge of this company is attempting to ruin my credit. They are falsifying claims and continue to reporting on my credit report. I have an total of 9 items from out of nowhere. I have absolutely no knowledge of any of these items. Please include me in any class action lawsuit.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I check my credit regularly and to my surprise I log on and now have 2 accounts that are past due to 2 places I've never heard of let alone ever been to. I now have a dispute going on with my creditors and am hoping I can get these items removed. I really don't understand how they can make stuff up and just put it on people's credit like they do.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I really do believe that this is an unethical and not right company, I wish the Federal Bureau of Investigations would investigate on this company because of false and unethical claims. If I have Medicare and Medicaid why would they still try to Bill me or even take up a claim. It is unethical.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I just got approved for a Capital One card. Now I just get a notice from Credit Karma that there is a new account in collections on my record. My scores dropped 22 points! (I have been working so hard on these). This is an account that fell off my report years ago.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Reported 3 times on my credit. Was alerted by Credit Sesame about something reported today by Commonwealth Finance. Don't know who they are. Very rude people. Will be more than happy to see firms like this stopped. Scam artist. I didn't give them any of my information. They didn't like that. I will be talking to my lawyer about these horrible people.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I just found out that this company added 4 collections to my credit report for Texas Health in Allen, TX- a city I have never lived in and a hospital I have never even been to! My score has dropped 22 points thanks to these debts that this company literally MADE UP and put in my name. I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that's fraud! I've disputed all of them and one was removed from my report within a few hours, I'm still waiting on the others. I have also filed a very detailed complaint with the BBB. If they keep hitting my credit with fraudulent debts I will not hesitate to sue, and if there is a class-action against them please add me to it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Same situation as others here. Denied for a Capital One card despite 780 FICO. Now Commonwealth says they have a new collection on my record from almost 5 years ago. Never heard of the merchant or seen the bill despite having the same address for 10 years. Very strange: the strong connection between Commonwealth and Capital One. Seems like the imaginary debts are usually small, to entice payment just to get it removed from your record.

Commonwealth Financial Systems Company Information