1.14/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

40 Capital Collections, LLC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

On August 8, 2018, I was contacted by Joseph ** of Administrative Closings and Collections, LLC by email; claiming that on January 1, 2015 I incurred a bill with Malware and Virus Protection Services. Saying that I had missed three quarterly payments of $149.99 each and with late fees of $66.66 (X3) total fees of $200.00, with total owed now was $649.99. He said to discontinue these services the full balance of $649.99 must be PAID IMMEDIATELY. I must reply by email or call 888-918-4678 to settle this debt. Payments must be made to Capital Administration Center LLC, P.O. Box 3610, Fort Pierce, FL 34948. We have checked with our credit card carrier also Paypal account. There are no records of any debts owed. This seems to be something out of the Wild West.

Original review: June 20, 2018

On June 18 I was contacted on the phone by a David ** from Capital Collections Marketing, LLC claiming that in 2015 I incurred a bill with US Tech Solutions for Malware & Spyware protection services. That I missed three quarterly payments of $149.99 each and that with fees, etc, the bill was now $649.99, and that I had 96 hours to pay (By sending a check to Capital Collections, LLC, P.O. Box 541420, Greenacres, FL 33454). He followed up with an email stating the same information. He told me that if payment was not received within 96 hrs, Capital Collections would file a claim with the three Credit Bureaus. I have just read a number of other ConsumerAffairs reviews about Capital Collection Marketing, LLC, which recount almost the exact same sequence of events with the same amounts. Such a scam. How can they be shut down?

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 11, 2018

I received a call today from this supposed collection agency. Spoke with a man named David. Like other reviewers he claimed on 8/17/2014 I received tech services from US Tech Solutions and ordered installation of an anti-viral software to the tune of $149.99 per quarter for 2 years. He said I never paid and that I now owed $699 but he could give me a discount if I paid $199 today. Otherwise he would send the account to collection and it would ruin my credit.

I never heard of US Tech Solutions. The only tech help I have ever used and/or purchased was HP and Netgear support. I never received any proof of purchase nor requests for payment subsequent to 8/2014. He could not tell me which kind of credit card I had used for purchase. I reviewed my credit card accounts and bank statements and found no record of any payment to US Tech Solutions. I asked for contact info for US Tech Solutions and was told he did not have any contact information since the account was transferred to his collection agency and I must deal with him. Based on the dates of contact to other reviewers, I too believe this is a scam and do not intend to pay. I will report back if I receive any further calls from this company.

Original review: May 17, 2018

On May 15th, 2018 I received a call from a Joseph ** who claimed to be a collection agent for a US tech solutions for unpaid fees for tech services in 2013 and 2016. I never gave them my business but kept him on the phone while I inquired into their business and saw the scam reports. I asked him why the bills for 2013 & 2016 were now being sent to me in 2018, his response was that he thought that was weird too but he doesn't work for the company. I told him not to call again and that I was paying him nothing. He tried to call again and I just hung up.

Here is a copy of the email he sent: Agent: Joseph **. Callback Number: (888) 918-4678. Consumer has failed to make a total of 3 quarterly payments as detailed below: Description - Initial Payment - $149.99 - 08/06/2014. Quarterly Installments for Anti-Malware Services - $149.99. Missed Payments - 3. Installments Owed - $449.99. Late Fees Assessed - $66.66 (x3). Total Fees - $200.00. Total Owed - $649.99. Malware & Virus Protection Services - Inactive (2 Year Plan). If Applicable: To discontinue services, the full balance of $649.99 must be paid immediately. Please call (888) 918-4678 or reply to this email to settle the debt obtained. PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE TO: Payable to: Capital Collection Marketing, LLC. Payable Address: PO Box **, Greenacres, FL 33454. PS I looked up his IP address and it is Kansas. Definitely a scam.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was contacted yesterday from this company regarding a debt owed from 2013. I never asked for a service from a company which they didn't list. Almost bought into their scam until I did this search and found that it truly was a scam!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital Collections?

Original review: May 12, 2018

OMG, I got a call yesterday, May 10 about the software and how I paid only the first month but nothing after that and from $149.99 it jumped to $650.00. They gave me a PO box to send my certified check to but when I tried calling them back, hmmm, mailbox was full and to respond to a Gmail address. Upon reading other stories about this company, I am so freaking convinced that it is a scam. They couldn't even get my email right (my mistake for telling them part of it) which made them send me an email regarding what I supposedly owed. They claimed I did a verbal over the phone for this service. You go back from 2014 with something and now in 2018 you claim I OWE you! ** no!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I saw the reviews today and I had to report my experience since it reflects what other people have gone through. On Tuesday morning, April 17th I received a call from "Max" from Capital Collections demanding that my husband immediately pay $669.99 over the telephone or the bill would be sent to collections. Max claimed the charge was for unpaid antiviral software. We have not purchased any software for this amount. Later that afternoon, Mike called again demanding immediate payment. He was polite but firm. I told him that we don't owe and won't pay, send the bill in the mail. He asked for my email address and I refused to give it to him. On Wednesday, Max called again and I told him not to call anymore. I called the number 1-888-918-4678 that was on my caller ID and a woman answered saying it was Capital Collections. I asked for Max and a male got on the phone and I told him not to call my home anymore and he hung up. This is a SCAM!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

These same dirtbags have called me today, April 18th. I could tell immediately that it was a scam especially since the original caller said that I needed to settle by midnight tonight. I called back and told them that I needed their physical address so that I could send my boys there to take care of my debt. I had called a few times earlier to share some choice words with them. When I told them that I was going to send somebody to their office to take care of my debt, I was hung up on and when I called back the recording said that the number is no longer in service.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I got a phone call saying I owed for anti-malware from 2014. They said I paid my first installment of $149.99 and owed $449.00. Looks like they do this to people who no longer have the same email. I also have no records of paying them for this so called "protection". Why would they contact me 4 years later??? I’d say this is a scam!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Today, April 17th at around 4:00 p.m. I received a call from Capital Collections telling me that I owe money in amount of $600 + for technical service on my computer in 2014. I told him it wasn't me and he insisted it was. I pressed him for a name which he said was Michael **. I asked him to spell the last name for accuracy. I also asked him for a telephone number and told him not to call me again that I was giving the information to my attorney which I did. It turns out the number he gave 1-888-918-8477 does not exist and probably the name doesn't belong to him either. I will get a recording device and record him the next time he calls.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I just had the identical call and email notice from "Capital Collections LLC" claiming I must send them immediately $649.99 for failure to pay for 3 quarterly installments of $149.99 due for Anti-Malware Services. They claimed I had paid the first installment of $149.99 on 2/23/2014. Neither my Master Card statement nor my bank statement show any such transaction. The so-called plan was for 2 years, so would have ended in 2016. If I wish to discontinue services, I must pay the full balance of $649.99 immediately. Amazing that the 2 reviews I just read were identical to my experience - same dates, same amount owed!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Received a Phone Call claiming to be from Capital Collections and billing about some sort of past due billing ($649) that was a result of auto renewing a service I allegedly had back in 2014. Told me I should have read the fine print, since there was no contract signed there was no fine print to read. Told them where to go and hung up. Good luck collecting! I think they are associated with Quick Techies another questionable outfit!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I received a phone call stating I had purchased virus protection from US Tech Solutions in 2012 and that I had failed to make payments since. The quoted amount I was supposed to owe was $900. US Tech Solutions had sent me a pop-up saying my computer was loaded with viruses and to contact them immediately. Being inexperienced with these scams I clicked on the pop-up and here I am now, being harassed by these people. From what I have read here I'm not the first by far to run into difficulties with these people. After a heated discussion they decided to lower the amount for me to submit to $149.99. Something needs to be done about this kind of thing. There was no contract, nothing in writing at all. At least not that I have received.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Like others who have written reviews that I saw on this website, I received a call today telling me that I owed $649 from 2014 for two years of quarterly payments that were not made. I was told that I made a payment of $149.99 to U.S. Tech Solutions on 6/5/2014 and made no further (required) quarterly payments for the remainder of the two-year contract. They offered to settle the account for $349.99 or they would have to report it to the credit bureau. I requested an invoice with everything spelled out and the man ("Mike **") agreed to send it. I have no recollection of this transaction, but am searching my 2014 records. I believe that this is a scam - 2 years of a quarterly payment of $149.99 is far more than $649. I wanted to write this down in case others have the same call. I will see if I get the invoice that I requested. If I do, I will update this site. Thank you.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I also got a call stating that I owed $649 for computer clean up. I paid a one time fee back in 2014 and they now claim I owe late fees and 3 more installments for a service I don't believe I owe. Emailed them back requesting account number. Haven't heard back from them and it's been 7 days since I requested information. Not going to pay.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Received a phone call in regards to a debt from back in 2014 stating that I owed 649.00 for computer service. The number that this call came in from is the same number that I get almost everyday stating that they need to get into my computer because of a hack that they see on their end (never gave the access). I don't know what this is all about, however they threatened to submit to all three credit bureaus if this is not paid. I asked for information as to what company it is from and what did I sign... Have not received any information yet and this was all by email and telephone. As of now, I am not paying because I don't believe I owe anybody this money.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Someone called from a company with this name from Tamarack FL. Claimed I owed a fair amount of money for a PC clean up company. I have no correspondence from that country to indicate I had ever had account with them. I asked to be given evidence that I had agreed. He told me first that he couldn't give me anything other than Excel spreadsheet that claimed I agreed to service. I asked for any contact I supposedly had from them. He said I would have to wait till it went to court to get that information. Then he threatened to send to credit agencies to ruin my credit. So he probably broke at least two laws and denied my rights.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

2-7-2018 I just received a collection call from this company & said I owed a $900.00 balance to a online cleanup company that I purchased a one time deal for $115.00. Told him that I cancelled it in 2014. He agreed & I told him that I'm not paying what I don't owe! He said, "Fine then I'm going to turn you in to all 3 credit bureaus." I said, "Go head on. But you don't have my social security number?" He said, "I have all I need." This is illegal because I didn't owe this!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Spoke to the same Indian accent guy every time... Calls come in daily. Don't know who they are and why they are calling. He said and asked the same thing... ”So sorry, let me check your number. Your number is not in our system. Do you have another number? May be a miss-dial.” Miss-dial every single day??? This scammer obviously is not too smart. So don't give them any other information. He is probably building up a profile, collecting information and that's how the scam can start. Every time, he said he will take my number off... Not sure how he is going to do that if he can't even find the number in their SYSTEM!!! I don't understand the point of this ConsumerAffairs either. 99% are bad reviews except one from TN. Wonder how ConsumerAffairs really check the genuineness of the posting...!!!

BTW... What the purpose of ConsumerAffairs if they don't report to Business Bureau and do anything. Is the ConsumerAffairs just a Social Media? I am giving this ConsumerAffairs an "F" also besides Capital Collections, LLC. “I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this business, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this organization. I understand that we, the Consumers have zero-tolerance policy in companies who do not take care of customers and resolve issues in a timely manner." Everyone makes sure keep on giving bad reviews and comments but don't give any of your information out to Capital Collections, LLC. Be safe and be well.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I received a bill from my medical provider for 2 visits for which my insurance covered 100%. It was obviously a mistake on the part of the office, but they sent it to collections. I called the office and they told me not to worry about it, I don't owe the money and they will take me out of collections. Of course I received the usual threatening collection letter from Capital Collections, LLC asking for the money with all the details. I tried their phone system and online system and would not let me access using my account number Capital Collections just gave me. Therefore, there was no way to get through online to e-mail the situation and the exact same thing happened on the phone.

If the account was taken out of collections, was my account deleted? I did not receive further contact from Capital Collections so I don't know if they closed the collection process. I can't sit on it because by law I only have 40 days to respond, but I can't. Why would I receive a threatening bill, and then no followup, if closed? It is very frustrating being unable to contact them since I am a doctor and have no time during the week to deal with this non-sense. The online or telephone system did not tell me that account is no longer active. It gives me a phone number to call which makes me put in my account number which it doesn't accept. What is going on here? If the account was taken out of collections as the provider said it would, I want written confirmation and that seems so far to be impossible. It should not be this hard. It should be a simple e-mail or phone message to straighten this out. Poor business practice.

I would encourage anyone who has had problems with this company to contact the original biller to tell of your experience. There are many collection companies out there with integrity that they are able to use. If they don't know of unscrupulous business practices then they, as a medical practice or business will continue to use Capital Collections, LLC. If we, as the patients speak up to the providers and explain to them the situation and how you are being treated, then maybe they will switch agencies.

Remember, this is the United States and money is power. If you, as a collective, pressure enough businesses to change the agency, Capital Collections, LLC will need to change their rude, ruthless tactics and work with us hard working people who want to pay the bills but just ran into a streak of bad luck and were forced into a collection situation. We do not deserve to be treated this way.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I called to discuss my incorrect balance, I have printout of receipts and bank statements of my payments. Shawn with an Indian accent would not talk to me about my account unless I gave him my credit card number to process a handling fee for the free Walmart gift card. Stated "No thank you, I don't want a Walmart gift card so let's proceed." He said he could not unless I gave him credit card number. I asked for his supervisor, he said "Call back in 2 or 3 months" and I said no, he said "No! You call back in 2 or 3 months". Horrible.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My daughter went to the Dr in Auburn AL over 6 years ago- this was a routine pap smear and yearly physical. Her insurance should have paid this bill, long story short it was turned over to this collections company. I paid the bill and ask them to send me a receipt. I have called literally for weeks asking for them to email me the receipt- of which they still have not done. They always make an excuse their computers aren't working- didn't take them 15 seconds to look up my daughter's debt. Terrible service- these people should be out of business. The doctor's office stated that the insurance had paid.

Original review: May 27, 2016

Jeanine understood of my situation. I didn't even know I owed anything. I set up payment plan so I could deal with my past due medical bills. I wish medical bills weren't so confusing.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I called to pay off the last of my son's medical bill $77 and some change. I was making payment arrangements prior. (I was told by my company manager that I could use my VISA HSA account on this payment.) I've been making copay payments every doctor's appointment for my daughter using my HSA visa account with No PROBLEMS... so I knew I could.

Well this gentleman answered (a Luis **), at first seemed friendly. But the minute I stated I was paying my son's bill with my card. This guy became very rude. Telling me I couldn't use it. Saying for the best interest of his company not to accept my payment. At that time I tried to explain to this person, that I have used it a lot of times on my children and to take my payment. Anything medical, it is my money I put away. After his rudeness I asked to speak to a manager or his supervisor and he stated he was the floor manager, so I asked for his supervisor, he then told me his supervisor doesn't handle complaints. Friggin rude as can be. This company should be ashamed they have someone like him answering the phones for them. If someone calls to make a payment, just friggin accept it. If it is declined that is the person making the payments problem, not yours as an employee.

Original review: June 26, 2015

I have been trying to get an illegal collection off my credit report. I cannot find any info on the bill or the provider. Capital Collections also cannot find my account or name as having an unpaid collection. This guy was very rude. He was trying to find my account in various ways and finally told me if I am not calling to pay the amount then he cannot help me. HA!! He will take my money but won't correct anything. HOW RUDE!! How can this agency be able to affect my credit score like this? IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!

Original review: May 18, 2015

I called in reference to a letter I received. I told them my insurance company was supposed to pay this bill and that I was in the appeals process with the insurance company about the balance. I was told by ** that "everyone in the US has to have insurance" and "insurance companies do not pay all bills" and I was told I need to pay it. I explained that I had paid the copays at the time of the appointments, which was all I was supposed to pay. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, ** hung up on me. The doctor's office is resubmitting the claim and I will not pay until I hear from the insurance company. They believe this error was due to a wrong member number being entered with the insurance company. I called the doctor's office after my call and they were so upset to hear about my experience that they called this collections company and told them to not contact me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I am a teacher. When I first started I picked the insurance with a high deductible. My husband, our two children (4 and 5), and myself are generally healthy people. We never met the deductible for any of us! The only time we can change insurance options is during the open period. We were paying as much as we could on all of our medical bills. After about 9 months a doctors office (not my children's primary doctor but one we used when their doctor was working there - it's his wife's practice) they turned us to collections. A few weeks later we got our tax refund. I paid the doctor office what we owed according to the last bill.

Since then this so called "company" have called and harassed us. I explained that we paid the doctor in full and according to them we are caught up. I told the guy on the phone that it must be a scam because we were caught up. He got very rude and said they had been in business for however many years. These people continue to call DAILY! I am not paying them!!! I paid the doctor what I owed! I am not paying them for the continued harassment. Like I said I am a teacher. I have two children. I leave my phone on for emergencies and they call throughout the day! This place is ridiculous!!!!!! !

Original review: Nov. 28, 2014

Its not me, but my Sister. Capital Collections has been calling her repeatedly and has "Threatened" her over a Debt that was Discharged in Federal Bankruptcy Court in 2011. The agent called claiming he can call her whenever he wanted. However many times he wants. Despite her Attorney telling him otherwise. And that he was "Violating" Federal Bankruptcy Law. The Calls continue.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

They called relatives from my ex wife's family. Now I am going to court over harassment because they googled my name and started calling people it showed - could be my relatives. I'm mad, this needs to stop. A global lawsuit needs to be done to shut this stuff down. I have called google, they wont block this information. I looked at it, mostly is wrong - my father died in 1993, it shows he is alive and has a phone. I hope not because he is not calling me - all fun aside, lawyers if you are reading this, please call us.

We the people who are being hurt with this stuff want to sue, we want these companies shut down, THEY'RE GOING TO FAR. My uncle want to go to their office and beat these people...shut them down. A global lawsuit can stop this stuff, please, others are getting hurt. My girlfriend said her mom got a call for her aunt who was named after her - wrong number, wrong person, even wrong date of birth. And the guy cussed her and said she is lying and he cant even speak our language. Good we have an attorney.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2010

This gentleman contacted my mother on 7/30 and was extremely rude to her over and kept insisting that she owed them money for a bill that was paid directly to her doctors billing service. She was so upset when she called me at work. I told her I would look into it on Monday. I then called this man on 8/2 and he was also rude to me and he gave me the account numbers and amount due even though he did not get a verbal approval from my mother to give out any information.

Capital Collections, LLC Company Information