3.9/5 (1128 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Zoosk

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: June 1, 2020

Beware. There are literally maybe 5-10% real women on the site, if that. They immediately will give you some kind of story about how their account is fixing to expire and ask for your email or phone #. They lay it on thick about how attracted to you they are and how whatever is in your perfect match details is them to a T. So far not one I have connected with even has a phone # in the same state and they immediately start sending you pics hoping that you will download them and get whatever trojan they are sending your way.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Using this app is much like window shopping. There's no clever algorithm to assist in matching like minded individuals. The few categories for self description, if actually answered by participants, are for the viewer to consider individually as left to the participants to basically describe themselves based on three categories: my story, my perfect match, and my ideal date. Many do not share anything or very little.

Participants can choose interest icons, can share their height, and religious identifications. I do recall answering questions regarding my specific interests to include if I were looking for man or woman, ethnicity of interest, and distance willing to limit candidates. However, it did not seem to apply in any way form of fashion. I found it HIGHLY frustrating to get messages from individuals of considerable distances away, from individuals both 20 years older and younger, and from ethnic groups not of my own.

Basically, it was WAY TOO MUCH digging through the weeds from individuals simply unsuitable to my stated interests. I did not at all find it flattering to open the app and have 70+ messages or likes. I spent 6 months and have not been satisfied. I have started talking to an individual over 800 miles away 2 weeks before my prepaid membership is over. Unless a miracle happens with this person, my experience was no less entertaining than the word app on my phone.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Glitchy and laden with fake profiles. Once you sign up, you are presented with a seemingly never-ending series of pictures of women who look 20 and their profile says their (enter your age group). Also appears to have robotic "looked at your profile" kind of functions that make it look like members are actually looking you over...however, very few of these profiles really communicate. The real members I have met on this website laugh about how abysmal it is, that most of the profiles are fake, and that they definitely will not renew. That tells you everything you need to know.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I was unable to find anyone for me but I did find a couple of friends in other cities that I still speak with weekly. The ladies in this area were more interested in texting rather than meeting someone in person. I can say that a few were really nice and offered to meet but I wasn't interested in them.

Original review: May 29, 2020

You constantly get emails of specific matches yet when you click the link you are taken to the rate match site. Constantly adding back people in the viewed tab that you manually remove, yet they are still showing as days old.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Zoosk is a great dating website that I feel for the cost filters out many of the people you would not want to meet on a free dating website. Seems to have more quality people than other sites I have been on.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Like all dating sites, Zoosk is limited on being able to protect women, and there's a fair share of fake profiles. That said, it had higher quality matches than other sites I've tried (Bumble, OKC) and was a fairly easy and intuitive interface to use.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I like(d) Zoosk a lot. I joined in April 2020 and was finding very acceptable profiles I was interested in. All the sudden my account stopped working after I received a message within the app from someone claiming their friend was interested in me to click to see their picture. (If you get one of these dont click on it). The message came from within the Zoosk app so I never thought it was a problem. After that I could not log in so I changed my password, and got in on my phone but it wouldnt let me on any other device.

The next day my new password would not work even on my phone. Finally I found how to contact tech support and they told me they blocked my account due to questionable activity- they never notified me they did this. They told me they could not reinstate my account but would move my story over from the blocked account to a new one (you must use a different email address). So I did. The next day the new email address no longer worked and it would not allow me to change my password- although presented as an option- your only option. I did get in though, by clicking on a link in an zoosk email that came saying someone was interested in me- very insecure. Then when I went to check out my profile zoosk did not move my story over from my blocked account but there was a story on my new account— it said “I'm fat and working on that problem”. I was beside myself. First I am not, and second that story was associated with my photos.

I tried to change this profile story but it wouldnt allow me to. Then I went and tried to disable my account and the disable button was grayed out. All I could do was pause my account. I have never had so many issues with a website. These are technical issues of security and privacy. I requested my money back as I will never expose my personal information on a site with these huge technical issues. You have to be able to trust a site with your personal information and this one is not trusted.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Zoosk is no doubt the worst dating website ever. As a man seeking a woman, I found many of the women to be bots that simply cannot put a sentence together. It is an absolute waste of time to communicate with no one. Do not use this site. It is a complete scam. I am fortunate enough to receive a full refund but others may not be so lucky. Buyer Beware.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Have been on this site for approximately 2 years. I am finding that 99% of the men stating they are widows are not. Statistically speaking women outlive men yet there are so many men (generally always good looking) that claim to be widowed and are between the ages of 58 to 63. The general story is have one or two kids not at home, one out of the country at a college, etc. or with another relative either overseas or in the U.S. (for Canadian sub-scribers).

They seem to be either self-employed, engineers or in the oil industry and often work out of the country. It is like they all use the same play book - information is almost identical. When you start asking questions about how long they have been widowed, what happened to their spouse and personal questions they either get annoyed - or change the subject or stop communicating. I have also seem the same picture - maybe with a different shirt, etc. on the site claiming to be from a different area but they all seem to be in jobs you can't trace.

I keep getting reviewed by the same people and have conversed with some that claim they have not either reviewed me more than once or twice or did not indicate they wanted to meet me. I have gotten communications telling me a man wants to meet me too yet I have no idea who this person is as I did not contact them in any way.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This is the most terrible thing or a group I have ever paid in other to achieve something. Couple of months ago I had a very terrible breakup so I was desperately looking for a way out with a new relationship so I registered at Zoosk and subscribed after restricted to send like or message to any lady so I subscribed for a month £30. The short of the story is please stay away from this Zoosk. They’re fraudster. They restrict you for liking or sending messages saying you’ve reach your limit of sending like or messages. AND how’s that possible after I have paid money.

Original review: May 14, 2020

To begin with even if you Pay to join they still attempt to stick you for more money by making you purchase what they call coins to view certain things.... Personally I found this terrible, they do not tell you this when you sign up and start paying them.... SECOND Beware. There are so many scammers on the site it is unbelievable, Their security has to be non existent. I was a paying member and my account was hacked, Their answer is for me to create another profile, using a different e-mail... Now seriously how stupid is that. Their customer service simply does not wish to Help you in any way. All your contacts past e-mails etc will be lost. Now this happens a LOT.... Do NOT waste your money on this site, go someplace else.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I purchased a subscription under the belief that this was a dating site. If you subscribe, you’re only allowed to message one person per day! SENSELESS.. Why would one pay for a dating site to message one person. Complete turn off. Also, “they” control what you say in your “story”. If they don’t like what you wrote they alter it to say what they want.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Stay away! They know EXACTLY how to take advantage of people who are lonely, upset and frustrated. If after a few tries of trying to find someone decent (that are over 1.000 miles away!!) and you finally come to the end of your rope and cancel, oops! Too bad, you’ve lost ALL your money. Once you decide to give it another try... Oops.. too ** bad! You have to pay for a brand new subscription!!! Oh, we don’t care that you still had time left on your old one... That’s your ** problem!!! STAY AWAY.

Original review: May 1, 2020

This will be a longer review, but will give you some guidance on navigating your way on Zoosk. First of all, if you've read other reviews, you will repeatedly see claims that Zoosk has lots of fake profiles, would be scammers and obsolete profiles. Unfortunately, all very true. However, there are quite a few legitimate users as well. Here are the suggestions that I would make to the guys, but I caution you, you probably won't like what you hear, but it's the cold hard truth.

First of all, just use common sense. Since the beginning of time, guys have wanted pretty, sexy and nice girls. The reality is, that pretty, sexy, nice girls don't typically need to meet men online. So, when you see a girls picture and she's a 8, 9 or the ultra rare 10, there is a 99% chance, that she's not legitimate. Also, in today's day and age, when women don't want to be judged by their looks, or objectified, when a user doesn't put anything in her bio section and thus she is solely using her looks to get attention, RED FLAG!

When she looks 20, but says she's 45, she really is 20 (RED FLAG!). When she only posts 1 picture and it looks like a model photography shot, RED FLAG! When her bio is in broken English, but she says she is from small town America, RED FLAG! Girls born in America don't say things like "Im nut two gud at sellin meself owt." RED FLAG!

So, what's my suggestion you ask. First of all, have realistic expectations, shoot for 5's, 6's and if you are feeling crazy, reach for an ever elusive 7. But, remember this, on Zoosk, I've found that 99% of the women over 40 are divorced and have kids. So, you are potentially signing up for a package deal (kids) and about to date someone that some other guy got sick of, or maybe she got sick of the guy, or in my case anyway, a mutual sick of scenario.

Also, I see a lot of men on here that are dissatisfied, because they message a girl and they don't hear back from her. Don't be upset by that, just be realistic and honest with yourself. Many girls (8's, 9's and 10's) are in fact, fake profiles, that are auto generated. Many others are obsolete. I saw one the other day that said how busy she was going to be with graduate school through the summer of 2016. Yet another who said she was moving to New York in 2017. Now add to that the women that really aren't available at all, but set up a free account to see if they "still have it". They can't respond to you, because they're married with 3 kids. Then, add to that, the women that are just here to flirt online.

My point is that I think 1 out of 10 Zoosk members are probably legitimate and are legitimately looking to meet a guy face to face, Then, just remember this. As shallow as you and I might be as men, looking for a pretty face and a nice body, women are often looking for the same in a man. So, you send her a message, she clicks on your picture and says I can do better, or I already have better, then you're not going to hear from her.

Finally, remember that most Zoosk members are on Zoosk initially for free. So, if you send a woman a message and she's a "free member", for her to even respond to you, it's going to cost her $60 for a minimum 3 month membership. So, my conclusion is to have fun with this online potential dating thing, but have very low expectations, because you and every other guy is going to have very low results. That's just the reality of the thing.

Most dating sites have a 1 star rating. I signed up for a well known paid site that starts with an e and they sent me over 200 moderately local potential matches. I tried this because I figured there were no free users just messing around or fake profiles since it required a several hundred dollar commitment up front and you know what I got? 190 women with kids that were 3's 4's and 5's and about 10 never married women, that made it clear that they didn't need a man, but for the right handsome man, well educated, well traveled, physically fit, finically well off, could read their every thought, melt their hearts with his mere existence, they would grace a man with her company. Funny part is, they were also 3's 4's and 5's that I wouldn't give the time of day to.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I emailed them and asked that my profile be kept private after receiving emails from another site. I cancelled subscription once they did not action this. When I cancelled they said it was cancelled for six months, this is the time they can bill my credit card again. It is a rip off site. I will have to phone them now and express my displeasure and likely cancel credit card.

Original review: April 28, 2020

So after removing myself from 3 other sites because they seemed to be just hook up sites, I decided to give Zoosk a try.. From day one, I like all others started getting want to meet messages..You could have a different date every day if you wanted to..Just saying.. I stumbled on a couple of people that I was really interested in...However I clicked the like button and waited..The "one" that I was very interested in sent me a message the next day explaining that he worked third shift and was just now getting to write me. We exchanged a couple of messages on the site and then I gave him my number so I wouldn't have to keep on getting on the site to talk..That was 5 days ago and we have talked for hours daily since. We have a date this friday and neither of us can wait! I was concerned because he lives in Alabama and I am in Ga. But he has assured me that distance is no issue if we are right for each other..

I also met another man from the site this past week and he is who he says. He only lives a few miles away but I am so much more interested in Alabama..So we will see.. However I do have to agree to a lot on this site..Like you getting the same hits over and over and or having the same people "view" you daily which makes no sense..

It has shown that Alabama has viewed me every day and I keep forgetting to ask him if he is doing that. He only had like 2 photos which were head shots, and has the most beautiful smile..He asked me on day 2 if I wanted to view his facebook page and I thought, ok that will show me he is real..So I accepted..When I saw his FB page, there was a picture there that led me to believe he may be a little heavier than I like so I just nicely asked him to send me a selfie of his whole self..Hes gorgeous!! And it's not him in the heavy picture..Thank God!! I think this may really go somewhere unless the decision. Is made after we meet in person that we arent a fit..I don't see that happening but we will see friday ..

I have only tried to talk to maybe 5 guys on the site and have gotten responses from every one..And it's not the same message!! However if you look around on the site, you can choose to send out a predetermined message sent by the site to a lot of people..Like one was "Hi..I'm interested..If you are too, get back to me"..So that may be what you are getting..I dont know ..But so far so good as far as I see it. And if Alabama doesnt work out which I dont foresee, I will be back looking again..The one near me is a great guy..So you never know..Just relax, and if one dont work for ya. Move on..And If you arent happy, cancel..But before you do remove your pictures and credit card info and they cant keep using it..Also report it to your bank or "lose" that card and get it replaced. Yes that's an inconvenience..But it beats getting charged when you dont want to.. Good Luck..Happy Hunting...

Original review: April 27, 2020

It seems this company preys on the free users. As a free user, you get notifications that users like you or want to meet you. You are unable to reply to them unless you get a paid subscription. Once you pay, voila! those "users" are gone or do not reply to your message. I live in a large metropolitan area, so one would think there would be a lot of real users in my area. However, when doing a search, I find the majority of users have photos (often just one photo), but nothing filled out in their profiles. I would not be surprised if ALL of those are fake accounts or old accounts resurrected by Zoosk to create the illusion of having active members. Think about it... Why would anyone open an account and post their photo(s) for the purpose of finding a companion, yet they are unwilling to say ANYTHING about themselves or what they are looking for.

I also do not trust the views (of my profile) that we are notified of. I get views from some of the same "users" several times EACH DAY. Unsurprisingly, they have blank or useless info in their profiles. When I send them a message, no response. If they are real, why would they keep viewing me with no intention of any communication at all? They are just bots trolling us. Finally, just for fun, I managed to make a Connection with what I assume was a fake account. Now, whenever I sign on (any time of the morning, day, or night) in 5 - 10 minutes my "Connection" shows up online as well. Really?! This is only possible with a bot account.

Shame on Zoosk for manufacturing and selling false hope. I think the only chance you really have at meeting someone on the site is to check often for new accounts to show up in your area. Then, act fast on meeting them. PS - If you put anything on your profile mentioning fake accounts, the Zoosk moderators delete that section. Can't expose or even hint at that dirty little secret.

Original review: April 23, 2020

They do not keep up with the cancelled scammers. They keep getting back on for more scamming. For example a girl writes her phone number across her picture and by passes the site she didn't pay a dime to be on. Women can post pictures for free and browse. Men cannot. Plus you quit and your pics stays up for the next year. They have far far less people active than the pictures show. They are greedy people and have a stupid ** name. Think about it ZOOSK. Anybody can come up with a far better name than that pathetic Loser Name. Plus they are overpriced by far. Don't waste your time on this substandard junk site!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2020

The masterminds behind Zoosk are dishonest, unethical, the whole thing reeks of PURE FRAUD! I paid for the service, yet they dictate every detail of content of my profile. It actually doesn't function unless you comply with all their dictates, especially entering a photo. To start out I chose not put a photo in the profile. Immediately, there were multiple messages from men, "Hey, you don't have a picture", every one, without exception, said the same thing.

One man (a photo probably grabbed off internet!) who first appeared to be at Isle of Palms, South Carolina, made the usual statement, "Hey, you don't have a photo". At that time, I put a photo on my profile. Then he requested my phone number, not to talk, but to text, "So WE can learn more about you," verbatim! His sad story was that he is widowed four years and is a GAS AND OIL ENGINEER, has worked, traveled, for government and big companies, was returning from Canada in two weeks.

Well, we all know engineers are smart, well educated people. This man was NO engineer. His use of words, spelling, language generally all indicates to me he was either a third-grade dropout or was of a different native language, not English. At that point, there was no doubt in my mind that he was a fraud, I got back on Zoosk, and there was the EXACT SAME photo, same man in a suit, in the state of WEST VIRGINIA, not S. Car. I'm sure that the photo was randomly picked from the internet, not of a legitimate "man seeking woman" Zoosk website claims people to be. Another man who purported to be a reasonable distance from me, the same language, "Hey, you don't have a photo." Each and every one were the same words. He completely disappeared after my photo was visible.

I called Zoosk to complain, 16 people ahead, I chose to wait. A minute or so, there were 19 people ahead, another minute or so, announcing 23 people ahead. I was being pushed farther down the line, so I entered information for them to return my call. Whenever I answered my 6s-plus iPhone, the behavior of the phone was erratic, different from anything I've ever seen after using the phone for three years. Instead of the phone app information remaining visible after answering, it immediately FLIPPED TO THE TEXT MESSAGE I'D RECEIVED, that became visible, from "Zoosk photo of non-member man in suit."

All this tells me that this website is perpetrating fraud and deceit on the public, are misrepresenting their true intention of simply scamming the public for every dollar they can get. A state prosecutor somewhere should look into this, and/or a lawyer who sues lowlife scum for money! This is a scam, people!! Don't be ripped of by ZOOSK!!!!

Original review: April 12, 2020

Complete rip off! Had just about every negative experience shared by others on this page! Twice locked out of site, made the mistake of reactivating only to find out another payment charged to my Google account. Useless.

Original review: April 10, 2020

This site looks to be best for cross town dating. I live in a sparsely populated rural area where distance goes with the territory and most people don't want anything except cross town dating. Also the fact that is like to meet someone away from my immediate area. I also will not furnish any financial info to their offshore credit processor. I suspect some kind of scam when someone likes me and there is a phone number written on their profile picture - I get a lot of that which sets off my alarm bells.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Site doesn't seem to care at all about members security. If you choose to post a picture and they don't seem it revealing enough they delete it. If you add comments to have others reach out to see a picture rather than post one for safety concerns they delete that post as well. I guess ** run this company.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Do not pay for any dating sites without reading the online reviews from a trustworthy site. This site is a total garbage. They will show you some fake profiles just so you can pay for it. Once you do all you see is people that are 300 miles away, fake profiles, scammers, and of course leftovers and then they will notify you when someone looks at you, what's special about that I see people on the streets everyday lol. Run. Save your money and time. They will never get me again or any of my friends. Disgusting. I hope someone will find this helpful.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Fake people, fake profiles and fake information provided on Zoosk. This site cannot be relied for any long term relationship. If you are looking for just one night stand then you will find many wolves there (that too if the wolf is real). It can be named as sex sites than dating site. I believe there are many ways to verify the real identity of the person signing on the dating sites. I am surprised people who designed these websites never thought about it. Your engineers just thought about getting more and more subscriptions (this is dumb thought and short term income) rather than getting a good image in market and become leader (this is smart thought and long term income).

Please come up with smart ideas to add checks in your software to rule out fake people. Trust me your site will be leader if you could at least get real profiles on your site. More than 70% of the men there mentioned incorrect age. For example they are 54 and mentioned as 39. Even the name and marital status is incorrect. Even the location can be tweaked on the app. It should be auto selected. When someone reports a fake profile (like I did) it should be manually reviewed by your engineers and that person should be contacted for more verification.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I'm glad I found this site to gain info on their procedures. I made a profile with pics of myself just to look around and see the profiles before paying the money. I have 10+ messages and numerous want to meet mes. I started feeling guilty since I had not paid and could not read nor respond to anyone. I edited my profile and stated I was not a paying customer and could not respond to their messages, but my edit saying this was deleted by Zoosk so the ladies who wrote me will never know the truth and think I am just ignoring them and that bothers me. I am very disappointed with their doing this and realize all the negative reviews are with a doubt legit. This site is bogus.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I tried the site 6 months ago for a month then cancelled my subscription, now I received an email where tells me the account has been reactivated and got a $10 charge. I went to the website and tried to deactivate the account and it always reply with "Opps there has been a problem." I went to the phone app and when tried to deactivate the account the button to deactivate spins forever and won't do anything. Then I tried to remove the Credit Card info and THERE IS NO WAY TO REMOVE THE CC. Totally SCAM site, stay away... I'll be reporting the fraudulent transaction to my credit card company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have been a Zoosk client for many years and recently paid to update my 3-month subscription. Someone hacked into my account, even though I never disclosed my password. This hacker sent a strange long message to many women on Zoosk in South Africa, a similar message to one I received last week. Zoosk sent me a prompt to change my password, which I did, but was informed my account was blocked. I have sent many emails to Zoosk to reactivate my account....to communicate with me. Their customer service is useless/hopeless/non-existent. They have not communicated in any way with me. It is impossible to get a human being on email or any other way. I have sent many emails to support@zoosk.com, to no avail.

They take your money and then block your account, despite my years of being a customer...and fail to respond or communicate in any way. I strongly advise other consumers to boycott them and not to pay a cent to them. They are shockingly poor. It was their system that allowed my account to be hacked. Why should I, a long-time customer, be penalized????

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

They let you review their members for free...which I and others have done, but you cannot communicate with them until you subscribe...which is fair....I kept track of five members that were perfect matches. The instant I subscribed, every one of those members disappeared. Along with those five, most of the attractive, classy, and educated members also disappeared...I and others get left with folks that my grandmother may have known...and she passed 20 years ago. You may still find someone, but you're not likely to get what you saw when you had your free look. The time span between my being able to see the members I was interested in and the time it took me to subscribe and try to find them again was less than 12 minutes. Don't waste your money, or more importantly your time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I’ve been on the site for a while despite the problems and it is not getting better. Zoosk does not monitor profiles. There are many fake profiles by scammers. I’ve met about (10) real people and had over (100) scam attempts. Zoosk leaves the profiles of women up long after they cancel service creating g the impression of active accounts. They will even “match” you with someone who then never respond to messages. This is all designed to keep men onsite paying fees as opposed to providing a real service to its customers.

Zoosk Company Information