2.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Netspend is a leading provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards in the U.S. Our mission is to empower the millions of folks who don’t want or don’t have a traditional bank account. Netspend offers more than a piece of plastic with numbers on it. With a Netspend card, our cardholders get a bank-issued, FDIC-insured account that’s complete with fraud protection and global acceptance. Cardholders can even use unique virtual accounts for safe online shopping. Netspend gives cardholders the convenience of loading cash at more than 130,000 locations in the U.S., and the peace of mind that comes with getting paid faster with direct deposit. If you already have a Netspend card, “Thank you!”

5309 Netspend Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 29, 2019

A friend said that NetSpend worked for her and recommended them. I tried them out and just kept them for a long time. I don’t carry cash and just put it into the card. Having it helps when I budget myself. I use it to pay bills and make online purchases, which is a convenient process, but when I get double-charged, it takes a while to get my money back. However, when I call customer service, they help me. Their team is very helpful. NetSpend gave me the satisfaction to answers that I needed. I like them and would recommend them to others.

Hello Rose,

Thank you for letting us know that you are happy with your Netspend services! We are glad to hear that you are using the features we offer to our cardholders.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 28, 2019

I have not received my direct deposit.. It has never arrived two days early.. My account is overdrawn at this very moment due to this. My check stub clearly indicates my money was deposited and yet at 3:15am my account is still negative and my car payment and cell phone bills are due come out.. I am very disappointed. I will be closing this account.

Hello Cessna,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your direct deposit. Please send an email to social@netspend.com if you have additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Twice Amazon has taken funds from my card for cancelled items, such as their Prime's add-on channels. Yesterday 6/26/19 Amazon started refunding my monies not 1 lump sum but 10. NS disabled card because of the refunds coming in in such a manner, which makes no sense. There is proof that Amazon took the money, but putting it back triggers a hold on my card!.

Even though I am a ten yr NS customer and have done business with Amazon for seven of those yrs. They for some reason thought the refunds were a scam of some sort. And to make such matters worse...their customer service agents are all from outside the U.S. Their accents make it extremely hard to understand what they are saying. And a lot of these customer service agents don't speak English fluently. There's many that speak with of broken English. I have to replay what they've said over & over in my mind to try to understand what was said. Meanwhile they're continuing to speak and I'm further behind in the conversation. This was not always the case, first couple of yrs there were American fluent English speakers as customer service agents. Even though I at times need a cs, I hate calling NS, it is just to much trouble.

Dear Susan,

Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has reached out to you. Please send an email to social@netspend.com if you have additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I would never use this card again. They want all your personal info. Social security number over phone. I got for my daughter to use. They ask for all personal info. Not happening over phone. Then every time use card they charge. What is that? I am so upset with this card, would never use it again. They are a fraud. Be aware before you use any card with these people!!!

Hello Michele,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your recently purchased Netspend prepaid debit card.

I understand your concerns about sending documents to Netspend. To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account.

When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification are required before you can use the Card Account.

We were not able to locate your account with the information you provided. We would be happy to speak with you to address you concerns and answer any additional questions.

Please email us at social@netspend.com with your contact information so that we can have someone from our Corporate Office reach out to you directly.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I have been using NetSpend for the past 15 years and now when I make schedule a DCH automatic payment NetSpend tells me that they will not pay it and I have to call them to let them know I need it paid!! Also the convenient 2 day early pay is NO LONGER. All of a sudden I get paid the day before my payday. Not good! $5 monthly fee and ATM fees are not helpful as well. So I am now moving my business elsewhere (Chime). Hopefully they will be much better. So long NETSPEND.

Hello Kellie,

Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has reached out to you. We are available at social@netspend.com if you have additional questions.

Netspend

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netspend?

Original review: June 26, 2019

BEWARE, getting your paycheck via direct deposit with Netspend a few hours early is just not worth it. At some point, they can and will block your account, cancel your debit cards and then close your account leaving you with absolutely no access to your money. They do this completely without your knowledge or consent and restrict you from your hard earned money. For example, I had a number of suspicious charges on my account recently. Netspend took the time to investigate and ultimately sided with me (I have all of this in writing from them). The suspicious charges were credited back to me within a few days.

However, about a week later, my card was declined. I tried to log into my account and they had already blocked me from doing so. I called them only to find out that not only had the restricted any access to my online accounts, they canceled both of my debit cards and closed my account. This happened on a Tuesday and our payroll had already been transmitted. My direct deposit (two weeks worth of payroll) is floating out there somewhere because of Netspend and I'm not sure if I'll ever have the money returned to me. All because Netspend's "Risk Management" Department decided that because my account was compromised, without my knowledge and by no fault of mine, I am now a risk to them and they have decided that I'm no longer eligible for any of their services and therefore, locked me out of my account, cancelled my cards, closed my account and I have absolutely no way to access my HARD EARNED MONEY.

They investigated the charges and found them to be fraudulent, just as I did, so how does that make ME a RISK to them? So, a word of advice, should you ever have unauthorized charges on your Netspend account, don't report them if you would like to keep your money and your account. Just pay for the fraudulent charges and move along. Otherwise, you will be in the same situation I'm in and there won't be one single thing you can do about it. Netspend will block you from YOUR MONEY and close YOUR ACCOUNT without your consent or your knowledge. If you don't believe me, google the lawsuits against Netspend for practices just as this. In 2017, the Federal Trade Commission took action against NetSpend.

In their November 10, 2016 complaint, the Federal Trade Commission stated that NetSpend committed deceptive acts and practices to consumers, one of which was blocking accounts and restricting customers from accessing their money. Specifically, the FTC claimed that NetSpend: 1) failed to provide consumers with promised access to prepaid card funds; 2) denied or delayed consumers’ use of prepaid cards and access to funds during the activation process; 3) denied or delayed access to prepaid card funds after cards had been activated by blocking accounts; 4) delayed access to direct deposits; 5) conditioned approval on consumers meeting unexpected requirements despite guaranteeing approval; and 6) failed to provide provisional credits for account errors as promised.

So now, Netspend will promptly issue provisional credits for suspicious transactions, then refund the money to you, block your account, cancel your debit cards and last but not least, close your account and hold YOUR MONEY hostage. And don't think that this won't happen to you. It will. And don't think you will EVER get a customer service representative that can actually help you. You won't. Just a word of advice, DON'T USE NETSPEND. EVER. In the end, it's just not worth it. Green Dot and Serve by American Express are both much better options. You will get paid a bit early and they both offer excellent and free bill pay services right from their apps. Their reviews are much better than any you will find on any Netspend service.

I can only hope that other people affected by Netspend's unethical and corrupt practices will file formal complaints against Netspend with the Federal Trade Commission and other consumer protection agencies, so that maybe, just maybe, they will be investigated and held accountable for continuing to use abusive and deceptive conduct towards consumers just like you and me.

Hello Darla,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us. We are glad that we were able to go over your concerns and get you access to your funds. Please email us at social@netspend.com if you have additional questions.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

I never had any issues with Netspend until March of 2018 when I had to submit a dispute for merchandise I never received. I submitted an email and documentation proving that I never received the merchandise from the merchant. After three weeks I received an email from Netspend stating that no error was found I would not receive an account credit. This was for only $74.

I submitted a dispute on 6/19 for $748.50 for a “talent company” that is supposed to provide coaching that I discovered is a fraud. This company has gone by multiple names to try and hide the fact they defraud families out of hundreds of dollars. I submitted the agreement I signed with the merchant that lists the training I was supposed to receive and never did. Now I’m worried that I’m going to lose this money because of the way Netspend handles disputes. I submitted proof before and nothing was done. I’ve submitted proof again but whenever I can customer service I’m given a generic answer. This company should protect its customers. I will update this review of the outcome.

Dear Julianna,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. Please email us at social@netspend.com if you have additional questions or concerns.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

I don't have a problem with my payroll check being there on time, but I do have a problem when someone transfers money from their personal bank account to my Netspend. They keep turning me in circles, back and forth. I think I'm about to close my account and go back to regular banking, at least I didn't have any problems with transfers when I was with a regular bank such as US Bank.

Hello Vieva,

Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has reached out to you. Please send an email to us at social@netspend.com if you have additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I wanted to give ZERO STARS. Terrible. Been a member for almost 10 yrs.. After the experience I've had in the last 72hrs I will be taking my business elsewhere, Customer service and Management are a joke.. I'm on vacation with no access to my money that I ** earn and I've talked to at least 6 different reps and one manager and NOTHING. Take your business elsewhere..

Hello Cassie,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has reached out to you. Please email us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2019

I started using the Brinks Prepaid Mastercard which is also Netspend. I started with a regular Brinks card and then in April of 2019 I switched to what is called an All Money Access. No issues initially with the card. I would receive my pay two days early as promoted. However, once I switched to All Money Access I noticed my deposit would be at 8 pm instead of 100 pm. But still two days early. There is a catch in which you do not find out until of course you are in the center of it. If your two day early falls on a Friday..you will not receive. This is coming from a person who has received two days early..maybe not at same time...but two days early consistently. Please note, I am always paid Mon-Thurs. Mostly my two day early would fall on Wed/Thurs.

My complaint is that I called CS more than once only to be told I am being transferred to a supervisor and then was hung up on. Once I had someone on the phone I was advised that it is the employer's fault. We are at the mercy of technology and human error, but what happened to just giving an explanation that a REPRESENTATIVE should be privy to. I discovered w/out working for Netspend, since their bank is not opened on Saturday..If my 2 day early falls on Friday I won't be paid until Monday. I found this through searching through reviews and my own research and of course I found out through non receipt of my pay. One Netspend rep..the last rep explained that my DD will not post until Monday. The others said otherwise or used the same rebuttal "employers fault." When I asked, "How do I complain on a rep when I am hung up on?" I was left on hold while he looked for an email...never to return.

Where is the accountability Netspend? You have been around long enough to better train your reps. And using the 2 day early as bait but not transparent on exceptions is foolish. This society is built around companies benefiting from people and their hardships..shortcomings etc. Netspend seems to say, "Oh these people don't have bank accounts so we will just navigate this as sloppy with just enough to pass quality standards and just enough vagueness. And uh what can "these people" do?" Because I am sure you are aware of your dominant customer. Train your customer reps! Have some accountability so we as customers have a voice. Attempt to explain simple processes like direct deposit scheduling so people are not confused..PEOPLE WILL STILL USE THE CARD EVEN WITH HONESTY.

Dear Nita,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. Please email us at social@netspend.com with any additional questions or concerns.

Netspend

Original review: June 20, 2019

I've had Netspend for a while and everything is good every time they're calling me at the customer service. Every time I need something or if something is swiped, they take my business good. I like their anytime alerts and nobody else got that. I tell a lot of people that this card is good. But Netspend's card is not up-to-date. I have a PayPal debit card that's prepaid and it got the chip. If that can’t be fixed then I’m gone. I also do direct deposit with Netspend, and my paycheck comes directly on to the card, but I pay $9.99 every month. Why am I paying $9.99 when other people’s debit card is free? My PayPal card is free to use in all of that, and it has a couple of ATMs that’s free. So right now, I’m looking into different options because of that. But everything else is great.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've had NetSpend for over five years and will just put all my money into my credit union. This bank used to be excellent at making direct deposits around the same time every pay period. Now NetSpend is a complete joke. I've had the same issue before with them making my deposit on Thursday instead of Wednesday, but when my kids are hungry and my check doesn't show up, there's a problem.

I would tell anyone to stay clear from NetSpend due to the fact that they attend honest when you ask questions, they're inconsistent, and if you need your money go to a place that won't play with it. They have the worse excuse with saying your employer might not have sent it, but come on. My payroll is done and sent every Monday on time. Problem is, NetSpend does not take accountability and need to use a better bank than what they currently use. You'll lose time of customers not being consistent with deposits and blaming the employer doesn't work. Guess what, or employees let us know if our payroll is facing any delay if that ever happens. This company sucks.

Dear Racine,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Netspend services.

Unfortunately, as the recipient of your deposit we do not have any control as to when it is sent to us. Therefore, we aren't able to predict when it will arrive to us. We can't guarantee that it will arrive at the same time of day each pay cycle.

In reviewing the last 90 days of your transaction history it appears that your deposits have been posted two days before your settlement date.

Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has attempted to reach you. Please email us at social@netspend.com if you have additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 19, 2019

If I could give a negative rating I would. Took my mother over a week and 18 different faxes of documents for 3 separate accounts and about 40 phone calls (not a exaggeration) just to activate a few prepaid cards she was using so she wouldn't have to carry cash after cashing a check (important because she's elderly and more of a risk to be robbed). She was told over and over the issue would be solved within 6 business hours and it took over a week. She was told even though they had the correct documents for one card they couldn't activate the cards without the same documents 3 separate times for something that was already in their computer system. She spoke to 2 different supervisors Elvis and Gei and still got nothing resolved until I called with her the second time and insisted not very nicely it be done. Completely ridiculous way to do business and treat an elderly woman.

Hello Janeae,

We are sorry to hear that your mother did not have quality experiences with our Customer Service agents. We would be happy to speak with her so that we can address her concerns. Please have her email us with her contact information so that we can reach out to her directly.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I went Netspend because I initially needed it for a transaction. That company made me get one. Plus with Netspend, you get paid a little earlier. I had direct deposit with them and I would also reload sometimes. But that was not often because I didn’t like how I had to pay $3 worth of fees to reload. The locations, on the other hand, are convenient. However, when I got laid off, I didn’t know they were trying to put my severance on my Netspend card and Netspend placed a hold on it and sent my funds back to the bank. That made me end the 10-year relationship. Their team couldn’t help either. But everybody had always been nice.

Hello Chavonne,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your experience. Please email us at social@netspend.com if you have additional questions or concerns in the future.

Netspend

Original review: June 18, 2019

I've had NetSpend for over five years now. They give me the money days ahead. Also, they text to tell you where you waste your money and how much is left. When I lost my card, the rep helped me and they told me that it would take 7 to 10 days for the card to arrive. But I got my new card right before the seven days. I was having trouble the other day with the $10 overdraft, but it finally went through, but it only gave me $6.

Hello Leticia,

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to hear that you are happy with our services and the features that we offer.

You can always email us if you have questions or concerns.

Netspend

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was supposed to get my money deposited Friday through Netspend. My employer banks through them. I have not received my money. My truck payment is due and they have turned my truck off. I need answers. This is ridiculous. I have not been able to get to work or nothing unfair, non justifiable that has put my bill behind. No paycheck this week. I need answers!!!!

Hello John,

Original review: June 15, 2019

About 10 years ago, I received a letter from the IRS saying that they were going to start depositing into checking accounts. They suggested NetSpend and I’ve continued. With Netspend, I don’t overdraft except for the $100 that I miss now. Sometimes, we make mistakes and overdraw our account. The banks charge $35 and with NetSpend, if it’s not there, they don’t do it. I also get a very low fee for the monthly and I get my social security a week early. It’s been good with Netspend. They are courteous and quick. I love Netspend and I always recommend it.

Dear Virgina,

Thank you for sharing. We appreciate your kind words. We're glad to hear that you are happy with your Netspend services.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I went to Check 'n Go to cash an IRS refund check that I could not deposit because it was made out to both my husband and me and he is out of town and will not be back for quite a while. I went around and around with my bank and gave up. Check 'n Go cashed my check for a nice little fee. They gave me some in cash and the rest of the money on a card that is run by NetSpend. I could see that there was a enough money to have gone on and given me the cash and I could have deposited it into my account. The amount on the card is an odd amount of money and ATMs won't let you take it out. They only will work in multiples of 20s.

Anyway today I tested it at my bank's ATM and I was charged 0.50 for a balance inquiry! Then at the store I took out what I could and now there's such a low amount of money that I can't remove it. It is useless to me! So, I tried NetSpend's 866 # and it goes from one message to another but you can not reach a human no matter what number you push! Most frustrating! I do not recommend NetSpend or even Check 'n Go for that matter. But at least they did cash my check.

Dear Christie,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today about your account. Please email us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 15, 2019

They were completely unprofessional. I was on the phone for a continuous 6 months. That's how long they've held my money hostage. Then after sending them all the required documents an evil associate ordered a replacement card without my consent. Didn't even say he was going to do that. That's just evil. NEVER USE THIS CARD. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Dear Natalia,

Original review: June 14, 2019

I received a Netspend Prepaid Mastercard even though I did not apply for it. When I tried calling their customer service number I was not able to get through the automation. Has someone faced the same issue? What should be done?

Hello Kavya,

Thank you for speaking with us. We are glad we were able to assist you with removing your information from our marketing list.

Please email us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I’ve been with Netspend for over two years. I get my direct deposit early with it, but their fees are a little higher. I get a charge fee for deposits. If I had to do a deposit, I get a fee to make withdrawals. I also get a fee sometimes when I use it online. I had a bad experience with Netspend’s customer service. I couldn’t understand them and there was no help. I had $37 taken out of my account and I haven’t seen nothing on that. So I tend not to interact with them. I'd recommend Netspend, but try not to use it.

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. Please email us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Netspend

Original review: June 13, 2019

NetSpend was recommended for my SSI deposit and I've been with them since eons ago. Though it takes 20 years to get a hold of them, I've had a good experience with their reps. Once I get to them, customer service is really good. Since getting my NetSpend, I've been liking how I have a listing of what I have, what I've done and what I can't do. The fact that it's linked up with PayPal makes it even better. While I wish they would come out with a chip card, I like the security that the card provides. Using it to pay bills online has been very convenient too. I also use their reload locations consistently and since I live in a city, it has been easier to do that.

Hello Michael,

We are glad to hear that you are happy with your Netspend services. Thank you for sharing your suggestion about adding chip cards to our list of product features. We are aware of this technology and are looking into it.

Netspend

Original review: June 12, 2019

Netspend sends my direct deposits earlier than a traditional banking institution would and I utilize it for that service. They have virtual credit cards that you can use on certain websites that you possibly don't trust, and then you can delete the card so you don't have any fraudulent transactions after the fact. They have the full picture card that you can do. So, me and my husband's pictures are on the front of the card but it was delayed up until the beginning of this year. A contractor got a deposit from me for $2,080 for a patio that was gonna be built in my backyard, and the contractor never showed back up after the deposit was made. I spoke with Netspend and let them know that there was a breach of contract, and they were doing an investigation. I got the investigation paperwork back and they said that the charge was validated. So unfortunately, I have to work with small claims court to get the money back.

I've been with Netspend for nine years and I've had no issues with them although when I call Netspend's customer service, there’s sometimes a little bit of a language barrier situation. The nuances of the English language can sometimes be lost on some of those folks and it's not bad, because I very rarely call in but when you do, you wanna handle business.

Dear Michael,

We are happy to hear that you are able to utilize some of the features that we offer, like virtual cards and custom designed cards.

For questions or concerns about your account, please email us so that we can assist you.

Netspend

Original review: June 11, 2019

For a while, I couldn't get a bank account because I've had a negative balance that closed on another bank account. Netspend helped get my fund through direct deposit and was able to spend it with lower fees than I would have with the others. Even if that was just to get a paper check and cash it, it was cheaper going through the Netspend way. There have been a couple of times that I've had to contact Netspend because they blocked my card due to fraudulent activity. Also, I've had problems with renting a car using Netspend because rental companies don't accept prepaid cards. But other than that, there have not been any issues as far as getting things done. They're quick and efficient.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for providing feedback about your Netspend services. We are glad that we have been able to address your concerns in the past and that you are satisfied with your card services.

You are able to email us if you have questions or concerns in the future.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I don’t like the fact if every month I have a negative balance due to the monthly fee but when I need to pay my bill I can’t be behind anything more than 3 dollars in the negative. Why charge my card for a fee that’s not there and still leave the charge. Also the system was behind to even show me the real negative balance. I was aware of a 17 cent balance I made myself but then the company comes in every month charging me 5.95 and leaving it to become negative so when money do hit the card it will automatically deduct the fee.

I don’t mind paying the fee but if the company can make me 6 dollars negative why can’t the customer get the same service. After all I receive direct deposits from all my jobs so it’s not like they won’t get their money back. This made me not want to do business with them anymore. Now I have to pay an extra 6 dollars on my phone bill that I don’t have. I put my last few dollars on my card to pay my bill. Smh talking about customer satisfaction. Please y’all bet not get a card from them. They ain’t right y’all???? ‍♀️

Hello Trelicia,

Our records show that someone from our Corporate Office has been in contact with you. Please email us at social@netspend.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 10, 2019

On 4/23 I loaded $300. When I went to spend it online, all my charges were declined. I called and Harry said it went to fraud dept but they wouldn't tell me what was going on or what the charges were. I told him to just close the account if I cannot spend my own money. Harry closed the account and told me it would take 7-15 business before I received my refund check. On 5/17 I called back and spoke to Angela. She said the check was processed on 4/29 to give it 48 more hours.

On 5/23 I spoke with Layna, she said check was mailed 4/29. A specialist would call me by May 28th. No call and still no check. On 6/3 Toni said they cancelled the first check and were issuing another **. I told her I wanted to speak to a manager. She left me on hold & eventually the system kicked me out. I called back and DEMANDED to speak to a manager. I got Melanie who said she was a supervisor. She told me somebody would call by 3PM to issue a check TODAY. No call AGAIN.

I called back again on 6/4. Luis, another supervisor, said he was waiting on a computer update about my mystery check they allegedly sent. A specialist would call within one or two hours. I am writing this on 6/10, six weeks after the initial fiasco began and still no check. I will follow up this complaint with as many complaints and agencies I can find today. This has been a nightmare experience met with foreigners and incompetence answering the phones and repeating the script like good little slaves. The desired resolution is the return of MY MONEY into MY ACCOUNT. NOW!

Hello Staci,

We are sorry to hear that you haven't been able to have access to your funds. Our records show that someone from our Corporate Office has been in contact with you. Please email us with any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I've had Netspend ever since I started filing my taxes. I like the fact that I only have a $5 monthly fee through the Visa program that they have. It's also free direct deposit, and I get paid two days in advance. And it lets me go $10 in the hole if I need to. The card has helped quite a bit because I try to pay all my bills online if possible, and that's how I'm able to do it with Netspend. The only time I've ever had to contact customer service is when the system would not let me transfer money from savings back into checking. There was something wrong with the internet side of it, and they were able to do it for me.

Hello Jennifer,

We strive to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction so are glad to hear that you are happy with your Netspend services. Thank you for the feedback.

Netspend

Original review: June 8, 2019

I filed several taxes and when you file the income tax, they offer the Netspend card to you. I’ve had some good experiences with them and you get notifications whenever you make a purchase, so I like that. You can keep track of your spending. I have two accounts with them and I reported a lost card but I never received it. I had to order it several times and then, they cut that card off. They reopened the card but that was the worst experience I had with them. I like that you get your checks earlier and normally, your direct deposit hits early. Sometimes though, the cashier does not know how to reload the card and it can take up time. The team at Netspend are nice people. There was only one caller who hung up on me but that was some years back. Also, I wish they offered the chip and the cash-out but other than that, I’m happy with my service with Netspend.

Dear Ericka,

Thank you for sharing about your experiences with Netspend. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your services and that you are taking advantage of the features we offer, like Anytime Alerts.

We are aware of chip technology and appreciate your suggestion.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Updated on 06/07/2019: Right. I’ve been on hold trying to get information regarding my claim and this lady is being disrespectful saying I have to wait on forms are some paperwork which I receive messages in my emails from them. I’m on the phone with them right now and the young lady don’t know what’s she’s talking about. Now she have me on hold which I ask to speak to a supervisor and told her not to place me on hold. Now she just hung up on me.

Original Review: My case is not being handle the right way. My card got stolen and unauthorized charges have been made on my card. I reported it in a timely manner and also reported it to local police department. Netspend denied my claim saying charges were made to close to my house and closed my case. I have been contacting Netspend through the secure inbox and email to reopen my case. You can’t determine or justify it’s not fraudulent due to being use close by my house. My town has one Walmart, one Publix and one high school. I don’t live in a big city. I’m requesting to speak with the corporate office and the dispute department. Someone that speaks clear English and can talk to me about my money.

Dear Laquittia,

Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has reached out to you. Please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been receiving my direct deposit through Netspend for several months and the majority of my paychecks are deposited on-time, however, every few weeks Netspend will not post my direct deposit until the day after it usually post to my account- meaning I have to wait a day longer than usual to have access to MY money. This is obviously a problem when you schedule bill payments & other things under the assumption that your money will be available when you need it. I have checked with my employer & ensured that everything is standardized on their end so the only reason my paycheck wouldn’t post at the correct time is because of something Netspend is doing to delay it, however no one from their customer service department can explain why this happens nor do they try to fix it.

The entire customer service department at Netspend is a joke. Every single time I have run into an issue with my account, the problem has to be escalated to a corporate level to even be dealt with because their customer service is absolutely worthless. Not a single time as anyone been able to actually do their jobs & help me when I call them. What’s the point of even having customer service if they’re completely worthless??

Dear Emily,

Our records indicate that someone from our Corporate Office has reached out to you. Please email us with any additional questions or concerns.

Netspend Company Information