3.6/5 (31 ratings)

About Aquafresh Toothpaste

Aquafresh Toothpaste Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aquafresh Toothpaste?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aquafresh Toothpaste?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Here it is. I’ve been using Aquafresh extreme clean for about 3 months. I also use luster one no alcohol. I was losing big pieces of skin after I brushed and mouthwashed. Well I didn’t think anything as maybe I just had dry skin on inside of my cheeks.?? Nope it didn’t stop and a week ago I tried switching toothpaste to Colgate. After daily pieces of skin shedding as I brush 2-3x a day I wasn’t having any issues with the switch. I wasn’t sure but after looking up what the ingredients are in the aqua fresh?? I would tell everyone as it foams up with way too strong whitening action it is literally eating my skin away and wearing down my gum line. Please do not use this!! I’m telling you this and I am very anal about my teeth and smile. Thanks for reading and please don’t buy.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I purchased a box of Aquafresh toothpaste today and noticed when using it that there is no blue stripe toothpaste in the tube. Also the red stripe was more mixed in with the white paste and not separated from it. Looking at their website it clearly states that the toothpaste has red and blue stripes along with the white paste. This is deceptive.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I used this product for years and was happy with the refreshing feeling after brushing. Eventually I began to develop sore and blisters on my lips tongue and inner cheeks. I didn't think it was toothpaste even though I experienced mild burning usually followed every brushing. I assumed it was the mint in the toothpaste. I cut out spicy and salty foods hoping this would help. Eventually I changed toothpaste and have not had an issue since.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I sometimes use different brands of toothpaste. This is the second time I have used Aquafresh. After a few days I started having issues with my mouth (severe pain) and it got worse as the days and weeks went by. My tongue, inner and outer lips, inside cheeks, and gums became severely sore, tingling, swollen and blistered. I had a hard time eating and even talking. Same as the first time when I sought medical attention then and they couldn’t find any answers. Put me on prescription rinse which didn’t help. At that time I must have changed to another brand of toothpaste not realizing problem went away.

This time I was determined that I would find some answers. I finally found this site and looked up Aquafresh reviews. I have found out that there are so many complaints about this product (same symptoms as mine). How can they keep this product on the shelves and sell it without some kind of warning to the public? Maybe there should be some sort of civil suit!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased the kids Aquafresh in a pump for my grandson. After unwrapping I realized the pump didn't work so I took it back to the store and got a new one. Now 2 weeks later and this pump no longer works! I have 2/3 or more toothpaste that I cannot use. I WILL NOT purchase this product again!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I read many of the posts on this site and was quite skeptical of the problems described. However, I too had mouth sores (fever blisters or whatever you call it) for years when using an Aquafresh pump toothpaste. I would get these mouth sores every month but then I decided to experiment to see if the claims about this product were true. I switched to Colgate toothpaste and lo and behold I have not had any mouth sores for the past 6 months. I told my dentist and dental hygienist about this and they said some people are allergic to a certain chemical used in Aquafresh. I can't remember the full name of the chemical but it was something like sodium ** sulfate. So this may be the answer as to why some people have problems and others do not. But for me I will no longer use Aquafresh toothpaste which I used for years. Just wanted to share this information with everybody.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have permanently switched to Colgate because of this problem. Whenever I use Aquafresh for an extended period of time, my gums at the back begin to swell and get quite painful. It's not even like toothache. It's just like my gums are having a reaction to it. Even my TONGUE starts to feel swollen and sore. It hurts to talk and eat when this happens. I see a lot of people having this issue; I can confirm Aquafresh is the ONLY brand I've had this with. I was using it recently 'cause I couldn't find any other brand, and within a week my mouth was hurting. I've since switched back to Colgate and the pain/swelling have gone.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have been using Aquafresh for over 10 years. Why is it that in the town that I live the stores don't carry it any longer. It is my brand and I have never had a problem with it. I miss being able to buy it here and that is my complaint. I now have it shipped out from the east. I am loyal to this brand and will not be subjected to the two brands that have filled the shelves in its place. No to Colgate and Crest!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I want to complain about two things. The first one is mouth pain. I have noticed that many people have already complained about this, I'm still going to complain about it because it is a serious issue that needs to be sorted out. The pain is so much at time that you cannot even eat anything. The second is that Aquafresh All-in-One protection Fresh and Minty does not whiten your teeth. The whitening is barely noticeable. It says on the toothpaste box that it is for healthy gums, strong teeth, and fresh breath but not white teeth. There is no point having or making a toothpaste that does not make your teeth white. It's just a waste of time and money!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I had for the first time tried Aquafresh in the push-up tube packaging (horrible for the environment, I know), and within a few days, my teeth were noticeably whiter, but I had also developed some suspicious and painful anal fissures and very swollen, tender nipples. Being a private sort of gentlemen, I will not go into any details regarding these side effects, but as you may well imagine, my experience with Aquafresh has been less than satisfactory. I could live with the anal fissures for a little while, provided that my teeth were white and shiny, but swollen nipples will not do. Our pet piggy Mr. Wiggly enjoys sucking from them, as he was separated from his mother at birth and our vet has told us that the suckling is good for his self-confidence and we have found that it also helps him sleep.

Aquafresh Toothpaste Company Information