4.27/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

11 ESET Antivirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2018

What a surprise to find that a corporation like ESET (always liked their products) sends out a package into USA with threats. Their legal department couldn't even find that the company using their logo wasn't my company. Just because part of the company name is identical, they should have been careful checking before sending that letter out. I contacted by phone and couldn't get a person that knew anything about the matter. Contacted by email and got no replies. This shows lack of quality on what they do and forced me to change my mind regarding their products. It is really a shame that not even an apology was issued! It is a huge risk to send out something like this randomly out to any company!

Be careful with a company that doesn't check even in a situation like this. I respect their effort to protect their intellectual property and company logo (as any other company would do) but at least do it carefully without going against just any company trying to look for a huge profit! Yes, the letter sounded like that! Now they lost an IT company referrals to their product and I hope this opens the eyes of others. The letter's Title: Infringement of ESET's trademark and copyright. After I checked for it I found another company with similar name (the owner has a Slovak name) and had posted an antivirus solution on the Google app store using a ESET logo as their background. Very wrong and unwise action but it is nothing related to us so we shouldn't have received this letter!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've used several other anti-viral software both at home and at work. None of them worked well or fulfilled their promised function. I heard from some super IT acquaintances about ESET and decided to make the plunge. I've been using it for about five years now and haven't been the least disappointed. It's relatively inexpensive for what you get and you have plenty of choices that are tailored for your specific platform. It's easy to download and the few times I've needed technical support, I had no problem on that score. I'd recommend it to anyone and have done so.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Very confident in what they do and in their product. I've had to contact customer service and they were very helpful with my move from PC to iMac. Frequent updates keep me protected.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

ESET is the best on the market! Easy to use, not hard on resources. Price is easy on wallet. Bought my mom a subscription and she can use it with ease.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

ESET came with my laptop and only when I didn't renew in time did I have a problem with the computer... was hit with a virus. So I've stuck with ESET.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ESET Antivirus?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

ESET was recommended to me by a relative, who's company he worked for used due to sensitive information was used on a daily basis on products they manufactured and for protection of gov't contracts for said products. I never experienced any problems with ESET and use it to monthly to run PC checks to detect any malicious malware I might accidentally get while online. It also creates a second protective wall while using any banking or credit websites I use daily.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

ESET has been my go to AV for years. It has the smallest footprint of all the AV companies. Won't hog your memory and will find nasties that others will miss.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have never had to call ESET in all the time I have this antivirus software because I have never had one problem with it in four years. You literally have to do nothing. It just does it. I am online very often and never had a virus.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Very small program. Easy to use. Unfortunately they don't have a Mac product but their Windows product is the best you can buy. I have used it for many years.

Original review: March 16, 2016

I've needed to contact them only once, when I got a rootkit infection. They upgraded my version of NOD-32 to the latest, then disinfected my system. No problems. The latest version not only blocks malware, it even blocks and removes boot-sector malware and scans any drives I plug in, and it's updated several times a day. Two years of first-rate protection at $50.99 is a better deal than pretty-good protection for free. It never gives me any trouble, and it always works. It does not slow down my computer, the way that some A-V software does.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

I had prepaid 2 years of this service for mac security and the program from it beginning had constant activation problem, therefore can't be used. Contacting the company by email produces, several days later, an automated email and after some weeks to months eventually a phone number is offered which no one can be reached despite hours of being on hold. The support pretty much to my experience does not exist. I have months of email communications with ESET for the same problem. Company does not refund prepaid service.

ESET Antivirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

ESET is an IT security company headquartered in Slovakia that  that was founded in 1992.  ESET produces a number of antivirus products for PC, Mac, Linux and Android, and iOS protection for businesses, all with a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Multiple computer plans: ESET offers tiered pricing plans that run from $39.99 for one Mac or PC to $84.99 to cover up to 10 devices, including Android phones and tablets. Antivirus for business is higher-priced with more features for protecting sensitive data, such as in a medical office. iOS protection requires a file server, which is not an option for most home networks.

• Parental control: ESET plans include parental control, which filters sites that one can visit by age group or content.

• Customer service: ESET specifically notes that they provide US-based customer service. This prevents language barriers if you need help using the software.

• Track lost devices: This feature lets you locate lost or stolen devices. You can also erase the devices remotely so no one can get at data on your phone, tablet or laptop.

• Identity theft protection: ESET opens a special secure browser window whenever you make a purchase online or access an online banking site. ESET also helps keep your social media profiles safe.

• Light footprint: ESET takes up 90 MB of space and keeps systems running without interruptions or slowing down computers.

• Best for: Individuals, businesses and families.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

ESET Antivirus Company Information