Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

ESET Antivirus Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

ESET provides complete protection, even when you have no idea you need it. I cannot count the times when they ferreted out a threat to my system without me even realizing some one was trying to access me. I have no idea what might have happened had they been successful but do know that it would not have been good. We live in a rather close knit community and we walk everyday so we talk with our neighborhood friends quite often. It is not unusual to hear about one of them being a victim of identity theft thru their online programs. Since we switched to ESET several years ago and also have suggested ESET to some of our neighbors, none of us have had any unwanted access problems.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The worst experience ever with an antivirus product. The support is abominable. I bought the product for three devices for two years. Do not even a year yet and the product will not update. Email the support team, call the support team and the only replies that I get are trivial excuses. I paid a good money for the product I will never ever get this product again. Abominable, repugnant despicable service.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Like insects and dust mites, the viruses creep into your computer home and spins a web or bite into your hard drive sucking info like mosquitoes at a blood bar. After a loss of data and speed, not the law-breaking kind, I started to Google for an online virus and malware scanners. ESET was on the list but unknown to me and subsequently not my first choice. But being open-minded to safeguard my data and ease my PC's mood swings I tried Eset.

What I have found have surprised me, to say the least. I don't have the luxury of a paying option and normally settles for the free versions. But Eset offered a 30-day trial without having to enter credit card details which I don't possess anyway. That was just the icing on the cake that on its own is already a winner. I had the option to full or quick scan before the download, and unlike many online virus malware scanners, Eset does remove the threat immediately without you having to pay to see those suckers die. The results speak for itself. This review is the least I can do to thank Eset for this free scan and no obligation trial.

The really great thing about Eset is that it is easy to navigate. It has a user-friendly platform that welcomes you with ease. They will quickly and effectively remove those nasty bugs who misbehave like French yellow jackets violating the rule of law to override whatever good thing you may think you still have left. Eset is fast and furious. It is effective and concise. You will know exactly what and where that demon is hiding on your PC and your data will be covered safe and secure. They do offer more products for mobile etc, but for now, this is sufficient to keep my joy. Thanks Eset team for a great product and services.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We have never requested ESET but suddenly it appeared on our home computer. No idea where it came from, never received any information about it, no options given about whether to accept it or not... Overall these actions are more like virus/malware than a program which is supposed to protect. Begone!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

This application violates my security privacy on Android. I had downloaded it from APKPURE and it asks me to install Google Chrome? GET OUT OF HERE ESET! I Don't want Google to leak my security on Android! Now, I feel completely miserable about having my Android device! No paradise garden, no blessing from my God, Jehovah! Everything else that was mobile had been corrupting my spiritual health! I should have not bought Android from Verizon Wireless!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ESET Antivirus?

Original review: March 20, 2018

What a surprise to find that a corporation like ESET (always liked their products) sends out a package into USA with threats. Their legal department couldn't even find that the company using their logo wasn't my company. Just because part of the company name is identical, they should have been careful checking before sending that letter out. I contacted by phone and couldn't get a person that knew anything about the matter. Contacted by email and got no replies. This shows lack of quality on what they do and forced me to change my mind regarding their products. It is really a shame that not even an apology was issued! It is a huge risk to send out something like this randomly out to any company!

Be careful with a company that doesn't check even in a situation like this. I respect their effort to protect their intellectual property and company logo (as any other company would do) but at least do it carefully without going against just any company trying to look for a huge profit! Yes, the letter sounded like that! Now they lost an IT company referrals to their product and I hope this opens the eyes of others. The letter's Title: Infringement of ESET's trademark and copyright. After I checked for it I found another company with similar name (the owner has a Slovak name) and had posted an antivirus solution on the Google app store using a ESET logo as their background. Very wrong and unwise action but it is nothing related to us so we shouldn't have received this letter!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've used several other anti-viral software both at home and at work. None of them worked well or fulfilled their promised function. I heard from some super IT acquaintances about ESET and decided to make the plunge. I've been using it for about five years now and haven't been the least disappointed. It's relatively inexpensive for what you get and you have plenty of choices that are tailored for your specific platform. It's easy to download and the few times I've needed technical support, I had no problem on that score. I'd recommend it to anyone and have done so.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Very confident in what they do and in their product. I've had to contact customer service and they were very helpful with my move from PC to iMac. Frequent updates keep me protected.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

ESET is the best on the market! Easy to use, not hard on resources. Price is easy on wallet. Bought my mom a subscription and she can use it with ease.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

ESET came with my laptop and only when I didn't renew in time did I have a problem with the computer... was hit with a virus. So I've stuck with ESET.

Not sure about ESET Antivirus?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Antivirus Software for you.

ESET Antivirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

ESET is an IT security company headquartered in Slovakia that  that was founded in 1992.  ESET produces a number of antivirus products for PC, Mac, Linux and Android, and iOS protection for businesses, all with a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Multiple computer plans: ESET offers tiered pricing plans that run from $39.99 for one Mac or PC to $84.99 to cover up to 10 devices, including Android phones and tablets. Antivirus for business is higher-priced with more features for protecting sensitive data, such as in a medical office. iOS protection requires a file server, which is not an option for most home networks.

• Parental control: ESET plans include parental control, which filters sites that one can visit by age group or content.

• Customer service: ESET specifically notes that they provide US-based customer service. This prevents language barriers if you need help using the software.

• Track lost devices: This feature lets you locate lost or stolen devices. You can also erase the devices remotely so no one can get at data on your phone, tablet or laptop.

• Identity theft protection: ESET opens a special secure browser window whenever you make a purchase online or access an online banking site. ESET also helps keep your social media profiles safe.

• Light footprint: ESET takes up 90 MB of space and keeps systems running without interruptions or slowing down computers.

• Best for: Individuals, businesses and families.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

ESET Antivirus Company Information