1.9/5 (803 ratings)

About Global Tel*Link

Global Tel*Link Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I was trying to sign up for email, only. I signed up with this company in error. I've never had anyone in jail and I wasn't aware this was a different Company. I realized the error right away and attempted to get a refund. They emailed right back trying to get me to keep this. When I finally told them I don't want to receive phone calls, just email! They emailed again for me to keep it. They are charging me 14.99! What a SCAM. I never saw a price either, until I looked up my bank account to see if email Co. took out right amount, that's when I saw their charge. I am very upset about this. They are taking people's hard earned money!!! Totally not fair! *SCAMMERS*.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Googled Global Tel*Link. This consumer pops up. Not everyone is used to love ones going to jail. This company knows that no one is paying 45.99 for collect calls. They ask for all your info all the while I am thinking once I place my info in they will ask the amount I wish to put on my phone for collect calls. They never answer the phone once you submit. They take your money then will not answer when you call and when they do. It's a charge of $15 to cancel. Never used anything. This business needs to be shut down completely. They are taking advantage of people. Taking people money. I guarantee they only get $15 each person because everyone cancels once realized this was not the correct global tel link although it's what pops up on Google as well. I hope the BBB takes heed to all these reviews and shut this place down.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Just as others stated in previous reviews this is a big scam. I DO NOT recommend!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND & they don't answer the number they provide but will email you back to back.. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

They use Google Ads to place their scam of a company on the top front page of Google and make it seem like they are another company. Charge you almost $50 for something you can get for free with an app, and even if you don’t use it and you call right away they keep your money.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

GTL have been taking my money when I do the transactions then when it’s done pending they take it again but keep telling me to send in my statements now? When I’m using a prepaid card and on top of that the only way for them to be able to see what I’m talking about is to screenshot my balance. SMH. This is beyond sad. I’m looking for an attorney so that they can get into my banking account, see me set up the visits and see how they’ve been double charging me. I’m beyond sick of them. If y'all balances are getting low and you use GTL THIS IS WHY. They are charging you twice and your bank can’t even see it unless they are watching every transaction in your account and waiting until it’s done pending.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The service did not work in Lake Co, FL. I have been trying for over a month to get a refund. There is no way to talk to customer service or if they have such. In less than a few seconds they can take your money then want $15 to refund you if they get around to it. I am still waiting after a month. These companies should not be allowed to run scams in government facilities.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I signed up for this service, thinking this was the only way to contact a family member that was incarcerated. I did not use the service and canceled it within 24 hours. The service is $45.99. However they only refunded $31. From a service that was never used. I would advise anyone that is trying to set up a Phone account to talk to someone that is incarcerated, to use GTL connect. It is much simpler and you are much less likely to get ripped off.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Their website misleads you. When you think you are just registering you find out that they actually charged your card. I could not get anyone on the phone after several tries. Thru email they said they would refund part of my money but not all of it. TOTAL RIP OFF.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Once you sign up for this service you are charged a fee. That is simply bad business and I want everyone to be cautious before signing up. All reputable businesses give some time to change your mind without charging you a fee.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I made account, added money. I missed first initial call Jan. 2021. Since then I only get robo calls when daughter adds my number. It doesn't ring, no missed call. Goes straight to voicemail. After 48 hr she gets message that "the number she trying to reach has not been approved in given time frame." It hasn't been approved because I'M NOT GETTING THE CALLS! NOT EVEN A MISSED CALL SO I HAVE A NUMBER! I have called GTL every week since Jan, sometimes 2x a day. I have talked to so many ppl. They started changing their name. Talked to Kari and at end of call she said "this is MISTY thanks for calling gtl." REALLY! They say it's the facility, my phone, block. They have supposedly removed block18x since I started keeping notes. Haven't had any trouble with any other phone service in any jail till gtl. So thankful we have jpay to email.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I was setting up an account to have contact with my son. After I set the account up they immediately charged my account $45.99 instead of letting me decide if I wanted to fund the account. When I attempted to contact them on 5 different days all I could get was an automated system that takes a message and says someone will call you back. No calls were received. However, I did receive an email from the company from someone who called herself Princess saying if I wanted a refund there is a 14.99 processing fee. I have been trying to get a refund for over a week and still have not been able to speak to anyone in the company. This company is a scam. I would not recommend using this service. I have given up all hope of a refund and now have to cancel debit card. Have another card issued to guarantee they will not charge my account again.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Don't do it, it's a scam. It says phone calls then soon as they take ya money boom only post cards. Scammers....scammers....scammers. Don't do it. DON'T DO IT, they are scamming. THIS IS A SCAM... SCAM...SCAM.

Original review: March 18, 2021

This is a scam. You set up a account thinking it's to be able to accept phones calls..but you're not. They charge you 45.99 right when you set up your account. I never agreed to any payment at that time. Then they said they can only refund 31.99 because they charge 14.99 as a fee... fraud company!!! They got my friend's mom too. Same charge.. I told her what happened to me and I looked at her email and she got the same thing. She thought she was setting up for phone calls not some postcards deal. DON'T CREATE A ACCOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ROB YOU.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Needed to set up phone service to receive calls from a grandson in jail.. I tried their plan, 45.00 fee processed in seconds. Then I found how complex setting it up was and tried to cancel within 1 hr. I was charged 15 bucks for set up which was never done. CROOKS.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

As others have stated you are taken to the website by an offer of a 50 cent postcard and you have to make an account then boom your bank is charged a $49.99 fee for phone service that you didn’t agree to. After many calls and emails customer service arguing the facts and threatening a $250 dispute fee! This company is terrible based out of the rehab scamming capital of the world (West Palm Beach). I will never recommend this company or use their services! The charge will be disputed! Despite the threat, false claims and deceit of the vulnerable families!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Like many others on here, unfortunately I thought they were the legit GTL only to find out that they are "postcard" scammers! You will be quickly billed $45.99 and within 5 mins you will realize that it is not the correct system. So then you panic. Then you try to call them, they don't answer (because scammers are cowards), so you call them again, and again, and again until your only option is to leave a voicemail. Then 5 mins later you'll get an email begging you to keep their stupid postcards. They will then continue to hide behind their emails and bicker with you back and forth until they finally drop the "well we are scammers so we are entitled to keep $15.00 of your hard earned money" and you'll only get a $31 refund if that!! TRASH TRASH TRASH! Will be reporting to the BBB! HE should be shut down ASAP!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

This inmate phone services at times receive your payment, and do not provide or make difficult for service. I mailed a money order payment on Dec 22, 2020. The money order was Cashed on Jan 11, made out to GTL. I have spoken to Raq on 1/8, 1/14 Raul then an escalations supervisor Evelyn (she was the most considerate as well as explained the 1st person entered 1 digit incorrectly) which she fixed, on 1/20/21, I spoke to Richard, then a supervisor Max, could not track, but asked me to email any copies that I had. I sent an email with 4 pic attachments to customerservice@gtl.net, Attn. Backofficeteam!

Yes, today my little $30 that they cashed is still not on my account. Today, 1/22/21 spoke to Stephanie, then the supervisor JOANNE, both unhelpful, with Joanne even saying it's No one else to talk to, I have to hang up and call back to get a different supervisor. Well, I took the time to write this review first.. Do not know what was done incorrectly, but my money order made to gtl was cashed. Bad business, but they have been allowed to get away with this for so long. I may see if the news channel is interested in how these businesses are allowed to rip off consumers, who are family and friends of offenders. Because, the state allow as well for these select companies to have control, where we have no choice.. Anyone reading, report to BBB.... DOC VA,GTL, Global Tel*Link, inmate phone system, GTL Advanced Pay Service Dept, P.O. Box, 911722; Denver, CO 80291, 1-877-650-4249.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Requested a refund from this company, my funds disappeared quickly from my account making me think I was getting my money back. But no, haven't received any of my money back nor any communication in regards to my money.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We recently changed from GTL AdvancePay phone service to another company specified by the institution. When asking for your money to be returned, they are short and unhelpful on the phone, trying to come up with a question you can’t answer and then telling you to call back. I ended up successful, after giving them the original info they asked for (date of last deposit, deposit amount, last four of the card funds were paid from, after validating the account), then they threw in extras to the info they had asked me to prepare. "So what’s the first six numbers on the card, do you own the phone, what’s the expiration date, etc." Luckily I had all that, but they tried to tell me to call back 3-4 times with the extra questions. As a reminder, it’s OUR money. We already paid their service charges.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

*** There is a MISTAKE for Global Tel Link. The bad reviews here should be for GlobalTel.com. Global Tel Link website is GTL.NET. They will be re-directed to ConnectNetwork.com to sign up. If you have doubts please contact them first. The contact information is on top right link of GTL.NET homepage. The customer service number is (877) 650-4249 (For people with a loved one in jail).

I google-searched for Global Tel Link and the first link was GlobalTel.com. I signed up for an account with GlobalTel.com believing it was Global Tel Link. Once I added my card information, I was charged $45.99 on my card without my consent. This appears to be a SCAM. It is not clearly stated anywhere on this website "you are being charged". I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE. I GOT SCAMMED TOO. I signed up with Global Tel Link - GTL.NET - and paid $10 worth of phone time for your loved one to call you (you know what is you are being charged for). The BAD REVIEWS here is for GlobalTel.com located in Boca Raton, Florida. Their contact information is as follow: GlobalTel Corporate Headquarters. 7999 N. Federal Highway, Suite 400 Boca Raton, FL - 33487. Phone: +1 (561) 220-2383. Website: **. Email: support@globaltel.com.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I never agreed to any purchase from this company and explained I will never use their services. The same day they said they got my request. I never received refund. I messaged them the day my ticket is under review. It’s a shame they scamming people. As soon as you think you adding your income to find out if they work with the jail. This company is the worst. Won’t answer calls.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I added money on a inmate account, 6 days later, money never posted. When I called GTL I was told I will not be getting a refund or the monies will not be given to inmate. They stole my money and kept it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I wish I could give this service a zero rating! I wanted to put funds on a trust fund account. I made the mistake of selecting a calling account. Literally, within minutes I contacted the company to request a refund due to the error. They kept trying to convince me how beneficial the calling plan would be. I explained that I wouldn't use the service and wanted a full refund. I was told that I could only be refunded $31 of $50. There was no legitimate reason why the plan could not be refunded, because I notified them of the issue minutes after selecting the purchase. The customer service is horrible! They threatened to take legal action if I disputed the charge through my bank. This company is a scam. Do not use them. Tell your friends and family not to use them! But either way, save your money or find another way to send funds.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This company charged me twice then declined the payment. Had my money all caught up in the system and had the nerve to ask me for another card number. The representatives are nasty.. agitating and don't resolve the issue and don't care bout taking people money or them taking to there family members. They're Spanish speaking and rude.. and sarcastic.. and smart alecs. I spoke to about 7 representatives... They're disgusting how they talk to people and taking advantage of people cause of people situation... Damn foreign people and the supervisors are worst... The jail systems should not be using this company. Disrespectful to people and taking advantage of people.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have been trying to get an international phone account through GTL for over 3 months. When I call, I get a different answer from each and every Customer Service Assistant. When I message, no one replies back. I've written a complaint letter to the Alabama address I was given. As yet, no reply from them either. As there's no other phone system at the facility of my buddy, I will have to continue to engage with GTL in the hope I get lucky one day. 1 star is too generous...

Original review: July 1, 2020

I’ve unfortunately had to deal with this company for the past three years. The billing is inconsistent and doesn’t match their posted rates. Every time I’ve had dropped calls or poor sound quality and tried to report using their online contact form, I haven’t received a response. I’ve tried this many times and have never had a response. Even when I have received automatically generated acknowledgement of my submission saying I will receive a response within a few days, I still haven’t heard back from them. You should be able to go online and see a transaction report of payments and how each call has been billed. There is no accountability. The company should not be allowed to operate.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Please, Be aware that Inmate GTL calling is robbing us! They will Not resolve their problems. They keep making my account collect calls and my Son does not use collect calls. We only use prePaid. GTL is Stealing from us! Contact your Banks!

Original review: June 18, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I still was not able to accept a call. At the end of the automated recording when the call came through again, I still had to place phone call purchase for minimum of $25.00. Then finally, the call went through. I logged into my bank account and found two charges. One from GTL Inmate Phones for $25.00 & the second charge from GLOBAL-TEL.NET. I emailed within minutes to cancel and requested refund. The support team emailed me twice to give them a chance to offer their services. I kept requesting the refund. Third email they said they would only give me $31.00 of my money and to click this link to agree to their terms. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I called my bank! Call your bank!! You can dispute it!

This started at 6am 06/17/20. It's 3:34am, and can you believe these people are still emailing me, arguing with me!?!? HORRIBLE!! BBB has so many complaints filed against them too. I hope they get sued and all of us gets a postcard in the mail about how we will get a portion of winnings! The jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. Please stay away. Scammers.

Original review: May 25, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I called within 24 hours to cancel. They said they would only give me 31.00 of my money. When the jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. This explains why they don't answer the phone. Please stay away. Scammers.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This is the absolute worst phone service I have ever encountered. They take your money and give crap service. Most calls you cannot even communicate with your loved one in prison because it's not working half the time or one cannot hear the other, during which each minute that passes they are sucking up all your money. I wish there were other options for phone service with inmates. This company should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much for crap service. I would have more luck getting a message through by using a pigeon. Half the time the phones aren't even working. I have been doubled charged on my debit card and they refused to make it right. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Global Tel*Link Company Information