3.37/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Global Tel*Link

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Global Tel*Link Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Gtl is a horrible company. First of all they have people that barely speak English then they took my money and didn't deposit it on my account for me to talk to my husband and I keep calling and getting different answers from different people regarding my account. Now they're saying 3-10 business days I have to wait before depositing money and maybe it go thru. They can't guarantee anything. I have not spoken to my husband in 3 days and lost 35 dollars. I have to wait 3 weeks before my bank gives it back. They truly are bad but have no choice. This is the phone company my husband prison uses.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This is a truly horrible company. If there is a period of 90 days without use, they simply take - or steal - your prepaid balance and set it to zero. They do not notify me (the payer) or the inmate - they just STEAL the money. It happens that inmates lose privileges for 90 days and can't call; this company is well aware of that fact, takes advantage of it and STEALS the money. I have had to make multiple phone calls to have the money put back on my account and it is not there yet. This is the second time I've been through this with them. Horrible. Sadly, most of us don't have an option to use them.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Before my fiance can reach me, he has to call 3x. The first 2 calls appears as missed call and does not go through. I have called GTL numerous times but no answer. I have emailed GTL but no reply. While on ConnectNetwork website I clicked on Transaction History. Each call be being taxes anywhere from .28, .39, .63 and 98 cents. It is bad enough you pay a service fee. Half the he time you either cannot get through or gets cut off.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Like a few others in here I set up the $45.99 for 3 months family plan. Well that's a joke. You pay for a "SPECIAL" # only to find out that you still have to put fund in the inmate acct. Next joke, you call only connect with them via EMAIL because their systems are always down and no agent available. Wait, What? You're a TELEPHONE service provider but YOUR system doesn't work? After 1 day I emailed them and cancelled. I was told about the $14.99 PROVISION FEE. What is that supposed to be. Do not use them!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I never write negative reviews, but these people are so bad that I feel like I have to. I normally have zero interaction with the jail system, but an inmate in the Pinellas County, Florida Jail today tried to call me collect in regards to a business dealing with his family. After the automated system stated that there would be an $8+ collect call charge if I accepted the call, I declined. The system did provide the alternative of setting up a prepaid account with a credit card. I listened to the entire recording and every prompt and then loaded $10 onto a prepaid account. At no time did the automated system warn me or disclose to me that there was a $3.33 service fee that would be subtracted from my account balance; yet that is exactly what happened.

When I called the company, a customer service representative named Anna told me that there was nothing she could do based on the company's policy. I then escalated the call and spoke with a supervisor named Candace (spelling?). After a long conversation, she stated that there was nothing that could be done. She even went so far to state that even if the service charge was for $10 (i.e., wiped out my $10 balance), there was nothing wrong with this practice. At no time did they disclose this up front, and so this is a fraudulent practice. I will be continuing to fight. This is a matter of principle. I already have contacted the Sheriff and will be filing a small claims action if necessary. They need to disclose these fees up front. Beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I did get my refund back in full. Start off by keeping copies of all correspondence with the company when trying to get a refund. Then if you paid for services from this company by credit card or bank card. Take all the information that you have to the bank. Ask for a dispute on your card. With all the information I had it took less then 24 hours for the company to email me and say I would receive a full $45.99 refund. This $250.00 fine is just a attempt to make you go no further in your quest to get your money back. I am more than willing to help anyone that needs help in getting the money back.

Dee **

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I emailed with 4 CS agents to get a refund of $45.99 – since we were unable to connect with our family member who was in jail for 12 hours. After numerous emails, ALL CS agents were rude and kept saying we could not get a full refund - only $31, since there was a $14.99 non refundable portion. The rest of my review will not stay viewable. What a fraud this company is. I told them I had lost my job one month prior but they still would not refund all of my money. I told them I hoped the $14.99 they let from me would be used for employee training in compassion, kindness & empathy. What a fraud.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I got to their site because they put them selh IC solutions website. I setup account and was charged 29.99. Once they emailed he I saw it's not phone service. It post card service. So I cancel right away. Now they are refusing to give me my money back. Stay away. This company needs to be put out of business.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

So I normally set up an advance paid account for $15-$20 to talk to my family member. This time (today) I decided to only pay for just one call and was charged $39.54 to talk for one time. I was told by the automated system that "the rate for this call would be $3.xx", they ended up charging me $39.54 and then told me that there was nothing that they could do about it. When I asked the rep if that made sense to her she says she doesn’t know because she wouldn’t pay to speak with an inmate. Mind you this is the Supervisor’s assistant. So now I’m waiting for a person in charge to follow up on telling me why I was charged $40 for a $4 call.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

After getting disconnected on a call from my brother I immediately looked up the phone provider for his facility. This company came up. I filled out the required info and paid the minimum $45. When he tried to call back the jail phone said my balance was $0. When I contacted the # for the phone provider at his facility they said that this happens all the time. Global Tel*link advertises as if they are Globel Tel Link or GTL. When I immediately called to get a refund they said they would only refund $31 dollars. Even though no services were used and no phone calls were made! And then had the nerve to ask if I wanted to give their services a chance! Who would want to use the services of a company that steals $15 from someone that didn’t see the * in the name! So shady! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Global Tel*Link Company Information