2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.98/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Global Tel*Link Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This company charged me twice then declined the payment. Had my money all caught up in the system and had the nerve to ask me for another card number. The representatives are nasty.. agitating and don't resolve the issue and don't care bout taking people money or them taking to there family members. They're Spanish speaking and rude.. and sarcastic.. and smart alecs. I spoke to about 7 representatives... They're disgusting how they talk to people and taking advantage of people cause of people situation... Damn foreign people and the supervisors are worst... The jail systems should not be using this company. Disrespectful to people and taking advantage of people.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have been trying to get an international phone account through GTL for over 3 months. When I call, I get a different answer from each and every Customer Service Assistant. When I message, no one replies back. I've written a complaint letter to the Alabama address I was given. As yet, no reply from them either. As there's no other phone system at the facility of my buddy, I will have to continue to engage with GTL in the hope I get lucky one day. 1 star is too generous...

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: July 1, 2020

I’ve unfortunately had to deal with this company for the past three years. The billing is inconsistent and doesn’t match their posted rates. Every time I’ve had dropped calls or poor sound quality and tried to report using their online contact form, I haven’t received a response. I’ve tried this many times and have never had a response. Even when I have received automatically generated acknowledgement of my submission saying I will receive a response within a few days, I still haven’t heard back from them. You should be able to go online and see a transaction report of payments and how each call has been billed. There is no accountability. The company should not be allowed to operate.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Please, Be aware that Inmate GTL calling is robbing us! They will Not resolve their problems. They keep making my account collect calls and my Son does not use collect calls. We only use prePaid. GTL is Stealing from us! Contact your Banks!

Original review: June 18, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I still was not able to accept a call. At the end of the automated recording when the call came through again, I still had to place phone call purchase for minimum of $25.00. Then finally, the call went through. I logged into my bank account and found two charges. One from GTL Inmate Phones for $25.00 & the second charge from GLOBAL-TEL.NET. I emailed within minutes to cancel and requested refund. The support team emailed me twice to give them a chance to offer their services. I kept requesting the refund. Third email they said they would only give me $31.00 of my money and to click this link to agree to their terms. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I called my bank! Call your bank!! You can dispute it!

This started at 6am 06/17/20. It's 3:34am, and can you believe these people are still emailing me, arguing with me!?!? HORRIBLE!! BBB has so many complaints filed against them too. I hope they get sued and all of us gets a postcard in the mail about how we will get a portion of winnings! The jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. Please stay away. Scammers.

Original review: May 25, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I called within 24 hours to cancel. They said they would only give me 31.00 of my money. When the jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. This explains why they don't answer the phone. Please stay away. Scammers.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This is the absolute worst phone service I have ever encountered. They take your money and give crap service. Most calls you cannot even communicate with your loved one in prison because it's not working half the time or one cannot hear the other, during which each minute that passes they are sucking up all your money. I wish there were other options for phone service with inmates. This company should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much for crap service. I would have more luck getting a message through by using a pigeon. Half the time the phones aren't even working. I have been doubled charged on my debit card and they refused to make it right. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I can’t see why I’m going to be penalized $15 when this account has never been used. I wrote immediately when I found out that this service wasn’t for where my family member is at. It said The State Prison, but there’s not way to use the account. I deserve a full refund! Your company advertising is a hassle. Now you say how to use it & it’s a big hassle. My family member has moved to a Federal prison. I want a full refund! Thank you!

Original review: April 1, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I never agreed to any purchase from this company and explained I will never use their services. They will only refund part of money. Very unprofessional customer service. Would never recommend to anybody use this service as it is a scam.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This company is awful! I’m not sure how they are even in business. They rob you of your money and their products don’t work! The videos never work. It is so sad that my husband and I can’t even see each other the 3 days we are allowed to have videos. The videos freeze, no audio or go to black screens. They never answer their phones on support and refuse to refund my money for all the videos that never work. This company is crap!

Global Tel*Link Company Information