2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.98/5

Global Tel*Link Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

*** There is a MISTAKE for Global Tel Link. The bad reviews here should be for GlobalTel.com. Global Tel Link website is GTL.NET. They will be re-directed to ConnectNetwork.com to sign up. If you have doubts please contact them first. The contact information is on top right link of GTL.NET homepage. The customer service number is (877) 650-4249 (For people with a loved one in jail).

I google-searched for Global Tel Link and the first link was GlobalTel.com. I signed up for an account with GlobalTel.com believing it was Global Tel Link. Once I added my card information, I was charged $45.99 on my card without my consent. This appears to be a SCAM. It is not clearly stated anywhere on this website "you are being charged". I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE. I GOT SCAMMED TOO. I signed up with Global Tel Link - GTL.NET - and paid $10 worth of phone time for your loved one to call you (you know what is you are being charged for). The BAD REVIEWS here is for GlobalTel.com located in Boca Raton, Florida. Their contact information is as follow: GlobalTel Corporate Headquarters. 7999 N. Federal Highway, Suite 400 Boca Raton, FL - 33487. Phone: +1 (561) 220-2383. Website: **. Email: support@globaltel.com.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I never agreed to any purchase from this company and explained I will never use their services. The same day they said they got my request. I never received refund. I messaged them the day my ticket is under review. It’s a shame they scamming people. As soon as you think you adding your income to find out if they work with the jail. This company is the worst. Won’t answer calls.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I added money on a inmate account, 6 days later, money never posted. When I called GTL I was told I will not be getting a refund or the monies will not be given to inmate. They stole my money and kept it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I wish I could give this service a zero rating! I wanted to put funds on a trust fund account. I made the mistake of selecting a calling account. Literally, within minutes I contacted the company to request a refund due to the error. They kept trying to convince me how beneficial the calling plan would be. I explained that I wouldn't use the service and wanted a full refund. I was told that I could only be refunded $31 of $50. There was no legitimate reason why the plan could not be refunded, because I notified them of the issue minutes after selecting the purchase. The customer service is horrible! They threatened to take legal action if I disputed the charge through my bank. This company is a scam. Do not use them. Tell your friends and family not to use them! But either way, save your money or find another way to send funds.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This company charged me twice then declined the payment. Had my money all caught up in the system and had the nerve to ask me for another card number. The representatives are nasty.. agitating and don't resolve the issue and don't care bout taking people money or them taking to there family members. They're Spanish speaking and rude.. and sarcastic.. and smart alecs. I spoke to about 7 representatives... They're disgusting how they talk to people and taking advantage of people cause of people situation... Damn foreign people and the supervisors are worst... The jail systems should not be using this company. Disrespectful to people and taking advantage of people.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have been trying to get an international phone account through GTL for over 3 months. When I call, I get a different answer from each and every Customer Service Assistant. When I message, no one replies back. I've written a complaint letter to the Alabama address I was given. As yet, no reply from them either. As there's no other phone system at the facility of my buddy, I will have to continue to engage with GTL in the hope I get lucky one day. 1 star is too generous...

Original review: July 1, 2020

I’ve unfortunately had to deal with this company for the past three years. The billing is inconsistent and doesn’t match their posted rates. Every time I’ve had dropped calls or poor sound quality and tried to report using their online contact form, I haven’t received a response. I’ve tried this many times and have never had a response. Even when I have received automatically generated acknowledgement of my submission saying I will receive a response within a few days, I still haven’t heard back from them. You should be able to go online and see a transaction report of payments and how each call has been billed. There is no accountability. The company should not be allowed to operate.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Please, Be aware that Inmate GTL calling is robbing us! They will Not resolve their problems. They keep making my account collect calls and my Son does not use collect calls. We only use prePaid. GTL is Stealing from us! Contact your Banks!

Original review: June 18, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I still was not able to accept a call. At the end of the automated recording when the call came through again, I still had to place phone call purchase for minimum of $25.00. Then finally, the call went through. I logged into my bank account and found two charges. One from GTL Inmate Phones for $25.00 & the second charge from GLOBAL-TEL.NET. I emailed within minutes to cancel and requested refund. The support team emailed me twice to give them a chance to offer their services. I kept requesting the refund. Third email they said they would only give me $31.00 of my money and to click this link to agree to their terms. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I called my bank! Call your bank!! You can dispute it!

This started at 6am 06/17/20. It's 3:34am, and can you believe these people are still emailing me, arguing with me!?!? HORRIBLE!! BBB has so many complaints filed against them too. I hope they get sued and all of us gets a postcard in the mail about how we will get a portion of winnings! The jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. Please stay away. Scammers.

Original review: May 25, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I called within 24 hours to cancel. They said they would only give me 31.00 of my money. When the jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. This explains why they don't answer the phone. Please stay away. Scammers.

Global Tel*Link Company Information