2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.97/5

Global Tel*Link Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: April 8, 2021

I was setting up an account to have contact with my son. After I set the account up they immediately charged my account $45.99 instead of letting me decide if I wanted to fund the account. When I attempted to contact them on 5 different days all I could get was an automated system that takes a message and says someone will call you back. No calls were received. However, I did receive an email from the company from someone who called herself Princess saying if I wanted a refund there is a 14.99 processing fee. I have been trying to get a refund for over a week and still have not been able to speak to anyone in the company. This company is a scam. I would not recommend using this service. I have given up all hope of a refund and now have to cancel debit card. Have another card issued to guarantee they will not charge my account again.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Don't do it, it's a scam. It says phone calls then soon as they take ya money boom only post cards. Scammers....scammers....scammers. Don't do it. DON'T DO IT, they are scamming. THIS IS A SCAM... SCAM...SCAM.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2021

This is a scam. You set up a account thinking it's to be able to accept phones calls..but you're not. They charge you 45.99 right when you set up your account. I never agreed to any payment at that time. Then they said they can only refund 31.99 because they charge 14.99 as a fee... fraud company!!! They got my friend's mom too. Same charge.. I told her what happened to me and I looked at her email and she got the same thing. She thought she was setting up for phone calls not some postcards deal. DON'T CREATE A ACCOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ROB YOU.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Needed to set up phone service to receive calls from a grandson in jail.. I tried their plan, 45.00 fee processed in seconds. Then I found how complex setting it up was and tried to cancel within 1 hr. I was charged 15 bucks for set up which was never done. CROOKS.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

As others have stated you are taken to the website by an offer of a 50 cent postcard and you have to make an account then boom your bank is charged a $49.99 fee for phone service that you didn’t agree to. After many calls and emails customer service arguing the facts and threatening a $250 dispute fee! This company is terrible based out of the rehab scamming capital of the world (West Palm Beach). I will never recommend this company or use their services! The charge will be disputed! Despite the threat, false claims and deceit of the vulnerable families!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Like many others on here, unfortunately I thought they were the legit GTL only to find out that they are "postcard" scammers! You will be quickly billed $45.99 and within 5 mins you will realize that it is not the correct system. So then you panic. Then you try to call them, they don't answer (because scammers are cowards), so you call them again, and again, and again until your only option is to leave a voicemail. Then 5 mins later you'll get an email begging you to keep their stupid postcards. They will then continue to hide behind their emails and bicker with you back and forth until they finally drop the "well we are scammers so we are entitled to keep $15.00 of your hard earned money" and you'll only get a $31 refund if that!! TRASH TRASH TRASH! Will be reporting to the BBB! HE should be shut down ASAP!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

This inmate phone services at times receive your payment, and do not provide or make difficult for service. I mailed a money order payment on Dec 22, 2020. The money order was Cashed on Jan 11, made out to GTL. I have spoken to Raq on 1/8, 1/14 Raul then an escalations supervisor Evelyn (she was the most considerate as well as explained the 1st person entered 1 digit incorrectly) which she fixed, on 1/20/21, I spoke to Richard, then a supervisor Max, could not track, but asked me to email any copies that I had. I sent an email with 4 pic attachments to customerservice@gtl.net, Attn. Backofficeteam!

Yes, today my little $30 that they cashed is still not on my account. Today, 1/22/21 spoke to Stephanie, then the supervisor JOANNE, both unhelpful, with Joanne even saying it's No one else to talk to, I have to hang up and call back to get a different supervisor. Well, I took the time to write this review first.. Do not know what was done incorrectly, but my money order made to gtl was cashed. Bad business, but they have been allowed to get away with this for so long. I may see if the news channel is interested in how these businesses are allowed to rip off consumers, who are family and friends of offenders. Because, the state allow as well for these select companies to have control, where we have no choice.. Anyone reading, report to BBB.... DOC VA,GTL, Global Tel*Link, inmate phone system, GTL Advanced Pay Service Dept, P.O. Box, 911722; Denver, CO 80291, 1-877-650-4249.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Requested a refund from this company, my funds disappeared quickly from my account making me think I was getting my money back. But no, haven't received any of my money back nor any communication in regards to my money.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

*** There is a MISTAKE for Global Tel Link. The bad reviews here should be for GlobalTel.com. Global Tel Link website is GTL.NET. They will be re-directed to ConnectNetwork.com to sign up. If you have doubts please contact them first. The contact information is on top right link of GTL.NET homepage. The customer service number is (877) 650-4249 (For people with a loved one in jail).

I google-searched for Global Tel Link and the first link was GlobalTel.com. I signed up for an account with GlobalTel.com believing it was Global Tel Link. Once I added my card information, I was charged $45.99 on my card without my consent. This appears to be a SCAM. It is not clearly stated anywhere on this website "you are being charged". I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE. I GOT SCAMMED TOO. I signed up with Global Tel Link - GTL.NET - and paid $10 worth of phone time for your loved one to call you (you know what is you are being charged for). The BAD REVIEWS here is for GlobalTel.com located in Boca Raton, Florida. Their contact information is as follow: GlobalTel Corporate Headquarters. 7999 N. Federal Highway, Suite 400 Boca Raton, FL - 33487. Phone: +1 (561) 220-2383. Website: **. Email: support@globaltel.com.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I never agreed to any purchase from this company and explained I will never use their services. The same day they said they got my request. I never received refund. I messaged them the day my ticket is under review. It’s a shame they scamming people. As soon as you think you adding your income to find out if they work with the jail. This company is the worst. Won’t answer calls.

Global Tel*Link Company Information