2.0/5 (792 ratings)

About Global Tel*Link

Global Tel*Link Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Googled Global Tel*Link. This consumer pops up. Not everyone is used to love ones going to jail. This company knows that no one is paying 45.99 for collect calls. They ask for all your info all the while I am thinking once I place my info in they will ask the amount I wish to put on my phone for collect calls. They never answer the phone once you submit. They take your money then will not answer when you call and when they do. It's a charge of $15 to cancel. Never used anything. This business needs to be shut down completely. They are taking advantage of people. Taking people money. I guarantee they only get $15 each person because everyone cancels once realized this was not the correct global tel link although it's what pops up on Google as well. I hope the BBB takes heed to all these reviews and shut this place down.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Just as others stated in previous reviews this is a big scam. I DO NOT recommend!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND & they don't answer the number they provide but will email you back to back.. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

They use Google Ads to place their scam of a company on the top front page of Google and make it seem like they are another company. Charge you almost $50 for something you can get for free with an app, and even if you don’t use it and you call right away they keep your money.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

GTL have been taking my money when I do the transactions then when it’s done pending they take it again but keep telling me to send in my statements now? When I’m using a prepaid card and on top of that the only way for them to be able to see what I’m talking about is to screenshot my balance. SMH. This is beyond sad. I’m looking for an attorney so that they can get into my banking account, see me set up the visits and see how they’ve been double charging me. I’m beyond sick of them. If y'all balances are getting low and you use GTL THIS IS WHY. They are charging you twice and your bank can’t even see it unless they are watching every transaction in your account and waiting until it’s done pending.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The service did not work in Lake Co, FL. I have been trying for over a month to get a refund. There is no way to talk to customer service or if they have such. In less than a few seconds they can take your money then want $15 to refund you if they get around to it. I am still waiting after a month. These companies should not be allowed to run scams in government facilities.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I signed up for this service, thinking this was the only way to contact a family member that was incarcerated. I did not use the service and canceled it within 24 hours. The service is $45.99. However they only refunded $31. From a service that was never used. I would advise anyone that is trying to set up a Phone account to talk to someone that is incarcerated, to use GTL connect. It is much simpler and you are much less likely to get ripped off.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Their website misleads you. When you think you are just registering you find out that they actually charged your card. I could not get anyone on the phone after several tries. Thru email they said they would refund part of my money but not all of it. TOTAL RIP OFF.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Once you sign up for this service you are charged a fee. That is simply bad business and I want everyone to be cautious before signing up. All reputable businesses give some time to change your mind without charging you a fee.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I made account, added money. I missed first initial call Jan. 2021. Since then I only get robo calls when daughter adds my number. It doesn't ring, no missed call. Goes straight to voicemail. After 48 hr she gets message that "the number she trying to reach has not been approved in given time frame." It hasn't been approved because I'M NOT GETTING THE CALLS! NOT EVEN A MISSED CALL SO I HAVE A NUMBER! I have called GTL every week since Jan, sometimes 2x a day. I have talked to so many ppl. They started changing their name. Talked to Kari and at end of call she said "this is MISTY thanks for calling gtl." REALLY! They say it's the facility, my phone, block. They have supposedly removed block18x since I started keeping notes. Haven't had any trouble with any other phone service in any jail till gtl. So thankful we have jpay to email.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I was setting up an account to have contact with my son. After I set the account up they immediately charged my account $45.99 instead of letting me decide if I wanted to fund the account. When I attempted to contact them on 5 different days all I could get was an automated system that takes a message and says someone will call you back. No calls were received. However, I did receive an email from the company from someone who called herself Princess saying if I wanted a refund there is a 14.99 processing fee. I have been trying to get a refund for over a week and still have not been able to speak to anyone in the company. This company is a scam. I would not recommend using this service. I have given up all hope of a refund and now have to cancel debit card. Have another card issued to guarantee they will not charge my account again.

Global Tel*Link Company Information