2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5

Global Tel*Link Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I screwed every time I use this company but I keep doing because I have to I think I talk to the same guy that don't listen or speak English well. He hangs up on me every time so I have to wait the long hold time again. He never helps with my questions. Right now I can't log in. It says my password is wrong so I go to trouble signing in and it says I'm logged in. I change my password. Still won't work but I can go to help and on that press sign in and get on my account. The man on the other end says I'm wrong but I still can't do my retail money order. He won't help with that either. I give this company lots of money. I have a problem every time. It won't take my my debit card anymore either so I have to do retail walk in. My card should not be rejected. It has worked in the beginning.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

If I could give them anything lower than a 1 I would. Every time we had a video visit the screen would be black or maybe 5 mins we could see each other. No response after numerous emailing them!! Save your money. They are crooks. They take your money and don't supply the service you're paying for!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Do not do business with this company. Ever since the penal system has been privatized companies like this rape the families that have loved ones that are incarcerated by charging extremely exorbitant prices making their website confusing and very difficult to use therefore causing many people to purchase without realizing they have purchased! Which is exactly what happened to me and when I immediately and I am talking seconds contacted them by email and phone and contacted my bank to express that I had made a mistake they charged me $45 And claims they can only refund 31 of it because of a service fee.

This company is bogus. It’s a rip off. It is designed to take the most advantage of families just because they have loved ones that have been incarcerated. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You are disgusting! if we had any other choice we would not be forced to do business with people like this and companies like this who are only there to profit off of families that are suffering!! Someone needs to do something about this. This has been going on way too long. And privatization once and for all because all they do is take advantage of inmates families in every possible way.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I guess I made a mistake and made 2 payments to my phone instead of 1 to mine and 1 to my wife's. Call customer NO service and they told me that it would take 72 hours to correct and all I Could do is move the entire account balance in 72 hours. That does not help when your family is try to call today. Don't make a mistake or put too much money on your account or you may not be able to use it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Gtl is a horrible company. First of all they have people that barely speak English then they took my money and didn't deposit it on my account for me to talk to my husband and I keep calling and getting different answers from different people regarding my account. Now they're saying 3-10 business days I have to wait before depositing money and maybe it go thru. They can't guarantee anything. I have not spoken to my husband in 3 days and lost 35 dollars. I have to wait 3 weeks before my bank gives it back. They truly are bad but have no choice. This is the phone company my husband prison uses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This is a truly horrible company. If there is a period of 90 days without use, they simply take - or steal - your prepaid balance and set it to zero. They do not notify me (the payer) or the inmate - they just STEAL the money. It happens that inmates lose privileges for 90 days and can't call; this company is well aware of that fact, takes advantage of it and STEALS the money. I have had to make multiple phone calls to have the money put back on my account and it is not there yet. This is the second time I've been through this with them. Horrible. Sadly, most of us don't have an option to use them.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Before my fiance can reach me, he has to call 3x. The first 2 calls appears as missed call and does not go through. I have called GTL numerous times but no answer. I have emailed GTL but no reply. While on ConnectNetwork website I clicked on Transaction History. Each call be being taxes anywhere from .28, .39, .63 and 98 cents. It is bad enough you pay a service fee. Half the he time you either cannot get through or gets cut off.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Like a few others in here I set up the $45.99 for 3 months family plan. Well that's a joke. You pay for a "SPECIAL" # only to find out that you still have to put fund in the inmate acct. Next joke, you call only connect with them via EMAIL because their systems are always down and no agent available. Wait, What? You're a TELEPHONE service provider but YOUR system doesn't work? After 1 day I emailed them and cancelled. I was told about the $14.99 PROVISION FEE. What is that supposed to be. Do not use them!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I never write negative reviews, but these people are so bad that I feel like I have to. I normally have zero interaction with the jail system, but an inmate in the Pinellas County, Florida Jail today tried to call me collect in regards to a business dealing with his family. After the automated system stated that there would be an $8+ collect call charge if I accepted the call, I declined. The system did provide the alternative of setting up a prepaid account with a credit card. I listened to the entire recording and every prompt and then loaded $10 onto a prepaid account. At no time did the automated system warn me or disclose to me that there was a $3.33 service fee that would be subtracted from my account balance; yet that is exactly what happened.

When I called the company, a customer service representative named Anna told me that there was nothing she could do based on the company's policy. I then escalated the call and spoke with a supervisor named Candace (spelling?). After a long conversation, she stated that there was nothing that could be done. She even went so far to state that even if the service charge was for $10 (i.e., wiped out my $10 balance), there was nothing wrong with this practice. At no time did they disclose this up front, and so this is a fraudulent practice. I will be continuing to fight. This is a matter of principle. I already have contacted the Sheriff and will be filing a small claims action if necessary. They need to disclose these fees up front. Beware!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I did get my refund back in full. Start off by keeping copies of all correspondence with the company when trying to get a refund. Then if you paid for services from this company by credit card or bank card. Take all the information that you have to the bank. Ask for a dispute on your card. With all the information I had it took less then 24 hours for the company to email me and say I would receive a full $45.99 refund. This $250.00 fine is just a attempt to make you go no further in your quest to get your money back. I am more than willing to help anyone that needs help in getting the money back.

Dee **

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Global Tel*Link Company Information