3.54/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Global Tel*Link

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

580 Global Tel*Link Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

After getting disconnected on a call from my brother I immediately looked up the phone provider for his facility. This company came up. I filled out the required info and paid the minimum $45. When he tried to call back the jail phone said my balance was $0. When I contacted the # for the phone provider at his facility they said that this happens all the time. Global Tel*link advertises as if they are Globel Tel Link or GTL. When I immediately called to get a refund they said they would only refund $31 dollars. Even though no services were used and no phone calls were made! And then had the nerve to ask if I wanted to give their services a chance! Who would want to use the services of a company that steals $15 from someone that didn’t see the * in the name! So shady! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

It takes up to a month for us to get each other’s messages. I sent a message three times with reply stamps each time because it kept saying the message didn’t send. Later they sent the same message 3 times with reply stamps. My loved one got the same message THREE times and GTL said they would refund me 4 credits, then I spoke to two other customer service people who said NO, they don’t refund credits. I’ve been told a supervisor would call me within 24-48 hours, I’m still waiting a month later....The calls are horrible: robotic sounding, scratchy....I usually tell him to call from the regular phone and not the GTL provided tablet. JPAY WAS MUCH BETTER!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I got a call from an inmate and when I tried to put in my credit card info it did not work (the card was good). I was directed to their website in which the lowest amount you can spend is $45. Upon completing my purchase I learned that I would email the inmate a postcard via their website to the inmate with a pin code/access number. The number provided never worked. Customer service was not able to resolve this. When I asked for a refund they charged a $15 fee. I feel this is unfair as the service I wanted never worked. They decline credit card via phone to upsell the more expensive service that does not work. The customer service reps were very rude. I feel as if the customer service does not have regards to their customers because we have little to no options on phone services for inmates.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

There's just no end to the frustration you'll have with GTL. They charge me 25 cents a minute plus a deposit fee and their taxes and surcharges. If you try to load money into an account to use to talk to the one in jail/prison there's a really good chance they'll decline your card every time. On the of chance you make it through, you'll see they charge you about 4 dollars in total fees for the first 10 dollars. And the more you add the more they take. With how much they charge, you would think they would have a great service. But that couldn't be further from the truth.

Going back to the card payments, I don't know why they have such a hard time with their system. My banks say the charges are being accepted and they are releasing the money each time I attempt to add to the balance. Yet when I called the GTL/advance pay customer service they refuse to acknowledge it's on their end where it's failing. And constantly push that they can't see why it's failing. I don't know the story with this company, but either they were the lowest bidder and got the contract that way and then proceed to rape their customers every way they can, or they were made by the government and that's no better. But again I haven't done research on the company. They're an unavoidable evil unless the incarcerated one is willing to risk another way of communication or you want to go through snail mail to talk.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I hate this company with a passion. They are such a ripoff it's sad. They charge you so much money for phone calls, their phone service is HORRIBLE and on top of that they charge you a fee every time you add money on!! I'll be so glad when my fiance comes home and I wont ever have to deal with this company again!! They are the devil!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: July 19, 2019

This company is absolutely horrible. They charge a ridiculous fee to add money to an account. I know that 2 facilities in PA only use GTL for inmate calls so if you want to have calls from an inmate you have no other option and a forced to use these scamming thieves! An example of their ridiculous fee... You add $11 to your account. $3.36 is their ridiculous fee. And this ridiculous fee changes according to how much you add. THEN they charge a varying fee labeled as 3rd party financial transaction fee. WHAT AND WHO IS THE 3RD PARTY AND WHY AM I BEING CHARGED A DIFFERENT FEE FROM THAT FOR EVERY PAYMENT I MAKE? This is something they can't or won't answer. It's a TOTAL con to get more money in their pockets! They are stealing MILLIONS from people yet nothing is being done to investigate their shady business practices OR having their fees regulated.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Their link and showing up in top of search results is deceptive. They prey on people in distress and do not offer service they say or for facilities. It is terrible and then they stick you with 14.95 loss to cancel.

Original review: July 8, 2019

They allow you to add more than one phone number to your account without any questions like who owns the number, what carrier it is linked to, when you last made a payment to the phone bill. If you want any balance refunded, they will ask you for all this personal info and refuse a refund if you don't have it. They end up stealing your money if you don't answer their questions correctly.

Original review: July 5, 2019

GTL IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF. They are liars and they steal money. I’ve made payments with my CC and the money has been taken out of my accounts but GTL denied the payments after the fact. I’ve called and waited on hold for an hour to just to speak with a rude agent and get no help! I had to scream at the agent just to get me over to a supervisor or manager, instead he transferred me to escalation department, who might I add couldn’t help me either. They just kept trying to throw it off on my bank, which my bank had already made me aware that it was on GTL’s side. I have been waiting on the hold they placed on my funds for well over a month now. It’s really horrible that the Indiana Department of Correction is using this business. It further proves that the system doesn’t give a care about those prisoners or their loved ones. I will never use this GTL crap again. Communication with my loved ones has now dwindled to just US mail.

Original review: June 28, 2019

REF: Virginia Department of Corrections (VADOC) Offender Telephone System and Global Tel Link, Corp, (GTL) DBA ConnectNetwork. Please help stop GTL from ripping off consumers with their dishonest and unjust business practices! Unknowing consumers are having their money stolen by GTL daily, they are not being notified that if an inmate does not place a call every 90 days; they will lose their money.

If a consumer wants to receive phone calls from an inmate, they are required by the VADOC and GTL to prepay, which I did and for what I thought to be about six (6) years worth of phone calls that I would expect to receive. I had not worried about overpaying, because GTL states that requests for refunds are processed within 30-60 days, and your account will not be closed. Nowhere or at any time are consumers informed that GTL will take all of their money if they do not receive a phone call every 90 days.

There are multiple reasons as to why an inmate would not be able to make a phone call every 90 days. In my case the VADOC and/or GTL changed the way inmate calls are charged, and without my knowledge, my GTL account was not being debited for calls for 90 days. My account was last debited on February 27, 2016, and on May 27, 2016, exactly 90 days later, GTL stole the remaining $121.48 for what they call “Expired Funds.”

I believe this seizure of money without notice to be unjust and in violation of the Virginia Unclaimed Property Act, §§55-210.1-55.210.30 of the Code of Virginia, and if not, there should be a law against this. For the sake of all consumers, I would like to know and hope that the dishonest business practices of GTL is being stopped, or at least that both the VADOC and GTL make it very clear that you will lose all of your money if you do not receive a phone call from an inmate through the GTL phone system at least once every 90 days.

Global Tel*Link Company Information