2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Global Tel*Link Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I called within 24 hours to cancel. They said they would only give me 31.00 of my money when the jail doesn't support their company then it should not have been listed. This company customer service is horrible. Yhis explains why they don't answer the phone. Please stay away. Scammers.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This is the absolute worst phone service I have ever encountered. They take your money and give crap service. Most calls you cannot even communicate with your loved one in prison because it's not working half the time or one cannot hear the other, during which each minute that passes they are sucking up all your money. I wish there were other options for phone service with inmates. This company should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much for crap service. I would have more luck getting a message through by using a pigeon. Half the time the phones aren't even working. I have been doubled charged on my debit card and they refused to make it right. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I can’t see why I’m going to be penalized $15 when this account has never been used. I wrote immediately when I found out that this service wasn’t for where my family member is at. It said The State Prison, but there’s not way to use the account. I deserve a full refund! Your company advertising is a hassle. Now you say how to use it & it’s a big hassle. My family member has moved to a Federal prison. I want a full refund! Thank you!

Original review: April 1, 2020

A charge was made to my credit card for $45.99. I never agreed to any purchase from this company and explained I will never use their services. They will only refund part of money. Very unprofessional customer service. Would never recommend to anybody use this service as it is a scam.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This company is awful! I’m not sure how they are even in business. They rob you of your money and their products don’t work! The videos never work. It is so sad that my husband and I can’t even see each other the 3 days we are allowed to have videos. The videos freeze, no audio or go to black screens. They never answer their phones on support and refuse to refund my money for all the videos that never work. This company is crap!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: March 21, 2020

It is extremely frustrating that the family of incarcerated people have to pay a premium for lackluster services just to stay connected. Being charged for calls that haven’t gone through as in neither party can hear anything so seconds later we hang up to try again. Poor customer service. The inability to easily remove/add phone numbers that are new or no longer valid is ridiculous.

Original review: March 15, 2020

The worst inmate phone service EVER!! Connection is horrible, sometimes connected and neither one of us are able to hear each other and then they charge. Also they overcharged me several times and don't refund back to account. I've reported them to BBB.. They SUCK!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I cannot get GTL to stop calling me about a prisoner contact, leaving GTL voice mails and trying to set up an account by getting my credit card information. I have sent messages to get them to stop. I called their customer service, but they wanted to set up passwords and an account just to get me to stop them from trying to set up an account! Their customer service was an associate whose English was SO BAD I could not understand ANYTHING, except that he wanted more personal information to STOP them. They have the number I want blocked in their records, but they wanted even more. I threatened to report them for robocalls and contacting a number on the Federal "Do Not Call List" and suddenly they said "Oh, We'll take care of that" and hung up on me.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

This company is the absolute worst! They have a corner on the market, so there are no other choices. I work in a law firm and it is impossible to get the account set up properly so that our clients call us. I have spent the last 90 minutes trying to get our account updated so that we can get calls on more than one phone line from more than one facility. Apparently they cannot grasp that concept. After all that time, including speaking to someone in customer service, we are STILL only set up with one facility able to call one line, and 2 facilities able to call our second line. There is no way to get all the facilities set up on both lines. ALSO, be aware that if you don't happen to get any calls for three months, they eat away your deposit in "fees". You have to constantly check in to make sure you are in "active" status. I could go on and on about how awful they are, but I'm sure no one wants to keep reading my complaints.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I cannot believe this company is in business. I accidentally mixed up the website to purchase minutes to talk to an inmate (loved one). The website I was supposed to be on was ITI GTL. This is for the state and county in Pennsylvania. I looked up GTL (this website) and created my login info. I entered in all my info including my card info thinking it was taking me to a new page where I could select the amount of minutes I wanted as well as finding the inmate and jail I wanted. This was not the case.

Within minutes of creating this I was sent an email stating I was billed $45.99. When I sent an email to the company asking why I was charged without being told I was going to be charged this specific amount I was told that their website is very clear and it’s my fault for not knowing better. I asked what the $45.99 was for and was told it was for a “special phone number”. When I told them I didn’t need to pay for a special number that my cell number works just fine and that I want a refund they responded by telling me according to their terms and conditions I would only be refunded $31 and that they keep $14.99. They keep $14.99 for doing nothing. I never used their services and I contacted them within minutes of them drafting the $45.99 from my account. This company is deceiving. Their website is not clear. And I by the reviews there are others who have had similar issues with this company.

Their customer service reps are rude. I spent 5 days in constant contact via email trying to get my partial refund of $31 back. Every time I would get an email they would try to talk me into using the services and telling me to think about it before making a final decision of a refund. And each time I had to tell them I did not want their services and had no need for them and that a refund is my FINAL decision. I truly feel scammed by this company. I’ve set up many logins and added my card to many accounts online but never have I ever been charged without being told what I was being charged for. I order everything online. I recommend to anyone who is thinking of using this company that you do your research before you set any account info up because the second you hit save you will be billed $45.99 and will not be given a full refund. If I could give zero stars I would. Terrible company and even worse customer service.

Global Tel*Link Company Information