1.9/5 (803 ratings)

About Global Tel*Link

Global Tel*Link Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Tel*Link?

Original review: June 3, 2022

I used GTL's Getting Out app to send a message to an inmate in jail. I used the inmate's first name and a nickname in the contents of the message. I had to register with my phone number to use the service. About 2 weeks later I received a call from a company "Jefferson **" asking to speak with (First Name)(Nickname) I used in my message. I have never used those names before. How interesting! BEWARE USING GTL GETTING OUT!

Original review: May 24, 2022

Somehow I got from "PayTel" (an inmate telecommunications service) onto the "InmatesTalk" website. I guess I clicked an "advertisement button" by mistake. I filled out my personal information and even gave my credit card. Immediately, my card was debited $44.99 without my consent. This account cannot not be connected to the detention center my son is at. The company refuses to refund my money.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I was trying to put money on a loved one's acct and in order to do so I put all my info in and they charged me $45, Without so much as a review of charges. I had NO IDEA I was being charged. VERY MISLEADING! I tried to get a refund immediately. They said I would hear from them in 2 days, after 4 I emailed them. They said they could give me $31, that they keep 14.99. I said, "No. I want all my money" and they were nothing more than scam artists and thieves. I needed my money so 2 weeks of back and forth and and I said, "Screw it" and took the $31. Because of this my insurance payment was returned by my bank and I was charged a return fee and a late charge. Ended up costing me almost $50 PLUS the 14.99 that Global tel stole from me!! BEWARE: SCAM ARTISTS, All around crappy dishonest people! Do not use this site.

Original review: May 18, 2022

In the last 11 months of using Global Tel*Link's services, I have repeatedly encountered problems. Their staff are trained to feign incompetence, pretend to forward the concern to the appropriate department or ignore it altogether. In the latest incident, some system-wide issue resulted in GTL resetting inmate's tablets - used for communication and entertainment - and balances dropping to $0.00. As yet, there has been no acknowledgement of the problem, demonstration of effort to fix it, or offer to restore the balance. From what other industry do we tolerate such atrocious service? Global Tel*Link is the exoskeleton on the cockroach of the "criminal justice" system.

Original review: April 7, 2022

This company is definitely scamming people. I signed up for their service in error and immediately emailed them to cancel, it was actually 5 minutes Later. First of all, they don’t display how much you are being charged till after you put your Credit card info in, they charge you a flat rate of 49.99 without your consent to that price.

After I asked for the cancellation and refund, they said they could only refund me 31.00 And that there was a 14.99 refund charge... this is unacceptable. How many people do this in error and they make 14.99 per person per mistake. There is no grace period to cancel and the only way to get any money back is to

Agree To pay the 14.99. Stay away from this company, there are other companies that have the same service as them. Just look on the internet.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I thought that I was just creating an account for this company. I entered all my info and was automatically charged $45.99 for something that I didn't and don't want. When I call this company, no one ever answers the phone. I was able to cancel the service immediately but they still took my money. I've been trying to get a refund for almost a week. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. They do not handle business the right way. Never again with them!!

Original review: March 31, 2022

GTL or Global Tel*Link is THE ONLY company where you may get a phone call from your loved one in jail. This goes to explain all the other comments about "NOT RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY;" well, there is NO OTHER company to choose from if you want your son, wife, or simply, your loved one to call you, or, to get in touch with. Therefore, these people are CROOKS with a badge to cheat and rob individuals in need to get in touch with any inmate.

Moreover, due to this situation; the calls are cranked, mess with, phone calls have most of the time interference, meaning: out of 5 calls, one is lucky to get ONE clear call from the inmate, if there is a free call (like in the case of the MCJ-Men Central Jail, Los Angeles County, every Monday inmates have one free call) GTL makes sure the phone call gets hang up, over, and over, until the inmate uses the paid system and get a call with interference where one may not understand a thing the inmate is speaking to.

Thereafter, when you call to complain, there is NO ONE available for more than 40' of wasted time and, then, they are rude, don't fix the problem, they don't give any credit, and in addition: they hang up on you! Why? Because they can, because there is NO ELSE one may use to hear the voice of your love one. MONOPOLY!!! To the max! Disgusting! They play with people's feelings and emotions with no regard for human kindness. I wish this gets to the TV NETWORKS to unveil the madness and all the people making money off the need of others.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Trying to reach inmate packages this screen pops up. I thought I was enrolling into care packages for inmates, instead it was for phone service for them. It automatically charged my card 45.99. I tried to cancel immediately and here 6 days later, still trying. I have never used the services, have no need for them. I have a house phone, why would I pay for a service? Beware, huge rip off company. (I had to rate it a 1, because there is nothing lower.)

Original review: March 8, 2022

I was looking for connect network but unfortunately clicked on the first related company (Global TEL) because it's a paid ad. I went thru sign up process and immediately was charged $49 and have caught heck getting a refund. They continue to try and get me to remain with them saying they have a nonrefundable fee per terms and cond. But let's be honest, who reads the fine print. Irregardless, that's a sincerely crappy way to conduct business by defrauding people upon sign up to review products and charging immediately for plans you never saw info on. So even if I could use this company... NO WAY IN HELL!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

They pull up when you are trying to pull up another site. You create an account thinking that it's something different and then as soon as you put your information in before you can look at plans or anything they take your money. Then when you call they only want to give you some back.. They're very rude. They hang. When you ask for transfer they stop speaking. You are waiting to see if you can be transferred thinking that has happened then after a min or two you speak they just on the line saying nothing then they say, "We don't do that." Then if you ask for the billing department they online do email.. It is a scam. I will be posting on all sites I know to be aware.

Global Tel*Link Company Information