1.59/5
Based on 46 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

231 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM ADORAMA UNLESS YOU HAVE WEEKS TO WAIT FOR YOUR PRODUCT. DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED QUICKLY! I purchased an Atomos Shogun Inferno with some other items in April. The Atomos was a dud and returned it. It took them a while to send it back and was told a representative would contact me once they received and processed the item for exchange. I wrote on the return form and told multiple agents that it was time sensitive to get it back and to please express ship. No call. No anything. They shipped it 10 day. I would have gladly paid for shipping myself had I been given the chance. They provided a $100 dollar gift card to compensate for receiving the item so far down the line of when I needed it.

Alas history repeats itself. I used the gift card and gave them another chance. I ordered some tripod legs from them along with some other items and paid for 1-3 day shipping. Their Website does not state they don't have them in stock. Mind you B&H will let you know if an item is coming from a manufacturer etc. It tells you there is a delay when you order. Adorama does not. When I saw the manufacturer was shipping I called to verify it would be on time. They promised it would.

Fast forward a day or two and my item will not be here on time. It will arrive by the time I am on a shoot in the middle of the desert 100's of miles away. A call to Adorama only led me to be told the first agent I talked to should have changed my shipping to 1 day in order to guarantee delivery and that they could not do anything for me but cancel my order or refund me 20 something dollars for shipping. Second time I'll be having to go out of my way and spend extra money because of very poor customer service.

Dear Alejandro

I was concerned to read your feedback, and upon checking your order details I found the following:

Order Date Thursday 6/14/2018 1:07:32 AM with 3 Business Day delivery

Your order shipped the same day, Thursday 6/14/18

Next day (1 day) = Fri

2nd day = Monday

3rd day = Tuesday 6/19/18

Both packages were delivered on Time, on 6/19/18

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Helen Oster

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: June 14, 2018

I ordered 5 Pocket Item Containers on May 31st for an event that we will be hosting at our office on June 19th and 20th. I was assured at the time that there would be no issue shipping the product on time and I provided all necessary information. Today is June 14th and I still have not received the ordered items. I contacted customer service today after I realized that (Salesman - Brenda) did not put the correct shipping address on the invoice after I spelled it out for them. Today I was informed that the item was backordered and that there was no timetable for shipment. I have canceled my order and I will not use Adorama Inc. again. If you are with a government organization, I would recommend that you pay close attention to the majority of reviews on this business and use a reliable vendor.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had received a notification for Adorama's trade-in program to trade in old gear towards new gear and get 70% of the trade-in value towards the new gear. My first mistake was not listening to all the reviews online about how horrible they are about trade ins. I sent in my Canon 5D Mark III, my Sigma 35mm 1.4 (brand new in box) and my Canon battery grip and they quoted me $1100. Anybody in the photography world knows that that is the worst you could get for those three items. My camera alone is worth more than that even being used. Being a photographer I rely on having my gear. I was told it wouldn’t take more than a week for them to appraise and get back to me which was not the case. And then once they already have your gear they give you a beyond lowball offer. Do not trust their ad as they do not stand by them.

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Noah, and immediately copied your complaint to our Sales Director.

I'd welcome an opportunity to assist you, if you could please email me directly with your order number.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution response: June 6, 2018

Adorama did process a refund for me in full today. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought two Klipsch speakers from Adorama at $2999 each. They were special editions Cornwall III speakers at 100 lbs each. I paid $800 for next day air shipping. The speakers arrived on time but Adorama forgot to double box them, and UPS had a crazy 24 hours with them. Both were DAMAGED in shipping. Corners smashed, sides dented, bad grille. I called Adorama IMMEDIATELY upon unpacking them to set up a return. They told me they would have to get back to me later that day. Well two days go by, and I end up having to cal them back. I was told I had to speak with a higher level customer service person. So I called again and connected with a level 2 person.

I was told I needed a UPS pickup to return these, and would need a full refund, INCLUDING the $800 shipping I paid, as they arrived DAMAGED. No fault of mine, but Adorama for not packing them correctly for shipping. So I was told, OK no problem. I finally get a UPS pickup notification a day later (now on day 4-5) and wait for UPS. Eventually UPS picks up and they are on their way to Adorama. They shipped them back GROUND so it took 6 days to get back, I could only imagine the further damage they took on. Anyway 3 days go by and no email, no refund, nothing. But I tracked the packages and they were received by Adorama.

So once again I email customer service who then told me to wait 3 days. So I explain that I need the refund in full as my credit card payment is just about due, and I am not paying it as these are being refunded. They are the only thing on my credit card as I never use it. So I will not pay a few hundred when these are being refunded. I do not want a late payment ding on my credit card because Adorama is taking so so long to put in a refund. So I email again, and again. Every time I email, I did get a reply but 20-24 hours later each time.

Finally! Day 4 after they receive the speakers back I get a refund notice. But it was the wrong amount. It was $2999 instead of the $6,800+ it was supposed to be. What?!?! So again, I email them and am waiting for a reply as I write this. This has been probably the worst buying experience of my life, anywhere online, and awful customer service. I have shopped at B&H Photo for 20 years and never ever had one issue. My first big purchase from Adorama and it's a disaster. They seem to want to take your money quick but when it comes to refunds, when it is their fault for not shipping an item correctly, they stall in all areas.

So what my next step will be if I do not get the full refund of $6800+ to my credit card by end of week is to file a chargeback with my card, and write a big review of Adorama on my 10 year running camera review website, showing the experience with emails, photos, and all. My voice is well known publicly. If anyone at Adorama reads this, my order # **. The two damaged speakers were delivered back to you so please submit my full refund ASAP. Not a partial half refund. A full refund, with shipping charges of over $800 that you charged me for damaged speakers. It should be easy...

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to see this, Steve & immediately copied your complaint to the CS & Shipping Managers

It looks as though your order number has been removed from the text by the ConsumerAffairs system & I can't ID your order. But if you can please email me it will have my immediate attention.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment caused & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2018

I read on Slickdeals about a deal Adorama Camera was having on Hifiman’s HE-560 planar headphones over the Memorial Day holiday for $319. I placed an order on 5/20 which was accepted and assigned to **. I had to call twice to get it shipped as they sat on it until 5/24 and was finally delivered on 6/1. The package was very light, less than 2 pounds which made me skeptical. How can a set of headphones that Hifiman says has a 4.5 pound shipping weight from the factory be only 2 pounds when it comes from Adorama? In addition, the package dimensions were not large enough to contain any original Hifiman he-560 headphones. Doesn’t Adorama do a screen of their inventory?

Once I got home I inspected the package carefully and noticed no break in the tape or packaging. I opened the box to find a Hifiman box within the shipping box. Instead of an he-560 the box was for re800 earphones but was lined out in felt marker and written in the same marker he-560. Opening up the inner box I found a he-560 headband only. No drivers, nothing else. It looks as if it were a replacement headband. I have a YouTube video available if needed for proof. Perusing the internet it appears as if I am not the only one Adorama has scammed with this same problem. Selling a headphone and sending just the strap with no drivers attached.

Dear Charles

I was so sorry to read this was your experience & on checking with the Shipping manager found these items were shipped in error; they were intended as replacements for customers who'd already purchased the headphones

It really was a genuine mistake & it will be addressed today

Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration caused - do email me directly if there is anything I else can assist you with

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered a used laptop, a very specific gaming laptop, very expensive new. I noticed the website claimed there was a refurbished one available with the same specs for about 300.00 less, so I decided on buying that one. I would have to wait until the Shavuot holiday was over as they were closed. The shipping was very fast and costs around 20 bucks. Upon receiving the computer I opened the packaging to find a completely different product, it was a laptop but certainly not the one I was buying. I immediately called Adorama to ask why they sent what they sent and where was the one I had ordered? I was told that the one I had ordered was not available--- how? The store has been closed for the holiday, they could not have sold it? Which lead me to believe they never had it to start with.

I was told on three occasions that they would call me back after further investigation, only to no avail and I was never contacted or my phone calls returned. Even my invoice had all the correct information - I just did not have the correct laptop. Which again led me to ask "if you didn't have it, why didn't you call me to inform me and ask what I wanted to do?" Instead they took it upon themselves to send me a completely different machine at my expense for shipping. This is what I call a bait and switch and is illegal business practice in most states. I am still waiting for my refund 3 days later. This company professes to be customer service friendly. Take it from me, they are not. I recommend avoiding this place like the plague as my experience has proven to me they are all liars and don't give a damn about the customer at all.

Dear Edward

I was so sorry to read of your experience, and immediately shared your feedback with the used department manager.

As Monday is Memorial Day, Marquita from our used department will be in direct contact with you on Tuesday.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Helen Oster

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: May 25, 2018

I didnt want to write here initially but Adorama is too much. Placed my order on Adorama.com, paid USD48 for expedite international delivery. It's stated on product page they ship to Malaysia but just to be sure, prior to ordering I contacted live chat. I was queue for almost half an hour on live chat (although they stated my waiting time is 5 minutes only, 1st cheat!). Confirmed with Cara on live chat they ship to Malaysia, doubly confirmed! Placed my order, charged, and hours later one generic cut & paste from a Jade ** cancel my order due to size/weight.

Fair enough, if they think USD48 is too little. Proceeded to order another time through Amazon. Also mentioned this item SHIP TO MALAYSIA. This time I paid USD 112 for shipping, almost triple! The same cut & paste generic response from Jade ** again, 6 hours later! After charging and order confirmation! Not even sure if this Jade ** exist! Adorama is discriminating and profiling me for being a Malaysian, twice cheated! If you don't ship, you shall not put it as you do ship, that's false advertising and cheating!

Dear Jerry

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience; we will look into the complaint about chat wait time and why you were given incorrect information about shipping.

We don’t in fact ship to Malaysia but we have no way of removing that from Amazon.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the disappointment and frustration caused.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2018

It is sad, so very very sad... I have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment throughout the years (Dozens of cameras) and have always been extremely happy with my purchases as well as the amazing customer service I have received from Josef. Now that he is no longer in the NEW camera department, it's just not the same. I call, get bounced around from one person to the next, put on hold, drop calls, someone that has not any product knowledge for what I am looking for, and it has been an ongoing situation that really needs to be addressed.

I moved to Philadelphia, so I have to call before coming into the store to try and get the information I need before I make any new purchases. Once again today I called a few times and put on hold twice, while the salesperson vanished and eventually (after 20 minutes) called again. I requested to speak to the manager to assure proper service in trying to locate and purchase two more cameras for my studios. The gentlemen would not transfer me to a manager because I did not know what my (FC or FK) number was. All the years going there (I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED AN FC OR FK NUMBER).

I ask if my phone number was good enough or the same thing and he said no. This is the third/fourth time this year I have tried calling with once again no results. I will no longer be doing business with Adorama - When someone is spending thousands of dollars, you kind of what to speak to someone that can give you the answers you need. I wanted to purchase 4K cameras with touch screen and touch focus assist and they could not even answer that. A company is only as good as its weakest link. So when the video salesperson you are transferred to is your weakest link and can't even answer a simple question, or you're put on hold for 20 minutes - it's time to look at other video stores. Switching over to B & H.

Adorama Camera response
Thanks for your feedback concerning your call to Adorama; I'd welcome an opportunity to reach out to you but need your contact details. The SKU# you were asked for identifies the item you are seeking information about - it's not a number which identifies a customer.

The Sony A6500 might be a suitable option, but if you email me, I can have an expert contact you directly.

Please accept my apologies & I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: May 14, 2018

I needed a gimbal for an upcoming concert so I decided to trade my gear in with Adorama and put the credit toward a gimbal from Adorama. When I first called I was told they’d review and have an offer for me in about 4 days so I agreed to ship it in. I was emailed a shipping label and I sent the package the next day. Unfortunately I missed a second email that came later stating Adorama would be closed for Passover. Next I finally hear back after about 2 weeks and they tell me my gear is only worth $600 on their used market. Having already wasted so much time I reluctantly agree to the $420 payout and decide not to purchase the gimbal from Adorama.

Today I went online and looked to see what it was going for on Adorama. They’re asking $899 for it! And I know it’s the same one because they've only had 1 in the past 3 months. Not only was my time wasted but I was flat out lied to about the resale value of my item when all I wanted to do was trade it in for a $700 DSLR gimbal that I ended up not getting anyways.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Ordered a lens from this store on Tuesday. A Sigma 24mm f/1.4 which would have given me great low light shots with my Canon Rebel T5i. I was promised Delivery on Friday. So I set up a photo shoot with some friends for Saturday. But they use UPS, whom I've had numerous problems with in the past. With UPS it's a 12 Hour Window, which is terrible. But here's the worst part: After waiting around all day I never got my delivery. Instead of delivering to me, they left it at the management office in my building and didn't bother to notify me. As soon as I found out I called Adorama in hope something could be set up for overnight. But they were closed. At 5 pm Eastern Time? What kind of hours are these? Suffice to say I'll never use Adorama or any company who uses UPS ever again!

Dear Ron

I apologize that your disappointment with the failure of your Management Office to notify you of the UPS delivery led you to leave a one-star rating of Adorama Camera.

Our hours of operation are noted on our website:
Order Hours:

Sun: 9:30-5:00, Mon-Thur: 9:00-7:30, Fri: 9:00-4:00

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: May 3, 2018

As a professional photographer, and conduct workshops for photographers. I purchased a used Rotolight AEOS from Adorama and was told it came with an Adorama warranty. It was suppose to be complete. Open the shipping box and no AC cord. Called and was told that I have to purchase it. I received a call telling me that they will be shipping out a cord. 4 days later received the cord. August 30, 2018 the Rotolight AEOS failed and would not turn on. Called Adorama and was told that it was covered under Adorama warranty (Replace or Repair), paid $20.65 postage to send the light back to Adorama. Email came in today, May 3, telling me that they cannot repair it or replace it and issued a store credit because they didn't have any in stock. I asked if they had any new in stock I was told NO. Got online and they had some in stock.

Was on the phone and spoke to 5 different people at Adorama for at least an hour. Two of the 5 people disconnected, one person sent me a recorded message saying that they are now closed. I called again and asked to speak to a Supervisor, I was put on hold then disconnected. Called again and ordered a new Rotolight AEOS. I can't believe how Adorama Customer Service operates. Nothing but aggravation and a runaround from this company. I will not be purchasing anything more from this company again. So Buyer beware...

Dear Frank

My colleague Marquita - from the used department - has sent you several emails and telephone voice messages. She has yet to receive a response.

I'm not sure how you would like to proceed.

BTW, if you ever have any concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: April 26, 2018

Ordered the Sony lens 50mm, 1.8 and it came in a day earlier! At first I thought it wasn't going to make it on time and tried to cancel it. I was very happy with service! Will order from this store again if I ever get a chance! Thank you!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Received a defective (lemon) GOPRO Hero Session 5. Product never worked. It won't stay on unless plugged into a charger. It's completely useless. Prices are too cheap, I should have known better. Do Not Buy from them.

Resolution response: April 23, 2018

Since I wrote a review Adorama has contacted me almost 10 times apologizing and offering to fix problem. I have dealt with adorama before and assume this is an isolated incident.....I will use them in the future.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I ordered a Crucial Technology MX500 500GB 2.5" Internal SSD drive on April 12. I was told I should receive it by April 19. It was NEVER shipped and there is not one scan from supposed shipping partner (UPS INNOVATIONS)... Customer support was useless and they still will not cancel order or reship item. I order this for a custom laptop build for a waiting customer. Stay Away if you need your order in a timely fashion.

Dear Jim
I was concerned to see your feedback here, on Pissed Consumer & Yelp. I checked with the Shipping Dept. - your order was on a trailer which was collected by the shipper, but they appear to have lost it in transit
Even though we did ship this item, we are processing a full refund & making a claim against the shippers

Once the refund has been processed, I hope you may find time to amend your feedback

I apologize for the inconvenience caused

Resolution response: April 15, 2018

Customer service was willing to refund my over charge and send 1 missing item.

I refused and will no longer deal with Adorama.

Ron...

Original review: April 13, 2018

My latest order: which included the following: Fujifilm X100F 24.3MP Digital Camera, NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery, BC-W126 Battery Charger, Shoulder Strap, Lens Cap, Metal Strap Clip, Protective Cover, Clip Attaching Tool, USB Cable, Owner's Manual, Fujifilm 1 Year Limited Warranty, 32GB SDHC Card, Camera Case, Spare Battery, Tripod, Dual Charger, Video Light, Cleaning Kit, Memory Card Case, Card Reader, Table Top Tripod, Software Package. 1- Only received 1 battery holder for the dual charger sent. What good is the dual charger? 2- Received the Video Light with battery holder but NO Battery. Useless... 3- Was charged (03/27 ADORAMA INC 212-74104017 NY $4.68) after purchase was paid due to a back order. That's not right at all.

After spending almost an hour with your Philippine service people who could not be understood except for the ("I'm so sorry Ron" ) my total frustration caused me to finally hang up. I have spent thousands of US dollars over the past 20 years with Adorama and never had a problem. Now with your total lack of US Customer Service, long holidays and short US hours, I'm sad to say I'm done with Adorama. I'm giving up on the overcharge to my account, the lack of properly equipped accessories and poor customer service, My money will now be spent with businesses that respect their customers and are US reachable for service.

Ron

I am giving you the opportunity to email me so that I can sort this out. (I am not in the Philippines). But as I don't have your email address or your order number, I'm sorry but there isn't anything I can do.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: April 12, 2018

Do not buy from this horrible company. In a period of 3 months, I bought 11 MacBooks for my company. One of the MacBooks, after one week, stopped booting up. I contacted them asking for a replacement. They refused to accept the return because I no longer had the box that it came in. We were planning to buy 50 more. Did they expect a company to keep 50 empty boxes? You're better off buying from B&H.

Original review: March 31, 2018

You may notice you don't see reviews for Adorama when typed in Google. That's because they do everything they can to hide reviews of their terrible company. And any good reviews must be scams. They sent me a used and scratched set of ND filters when I purchased from Amazon sold by Adorama. When I left a 5 star good review for the product but mentioned at the very bottom not to purchase from Adorama they had Amazon delete my review. I then left Adorama a bad review on Amazon and was plagued with phone calls from either them directly or a company they hire to try and improve their reputation. Instead they should spend their money on providing good customer service and not repackage damaged or returned items and sell them at full price hoping no one will care.

Original review: March 23, 2018

So an interesting morning!! I received an email from Adorama stating that I had won a contest that I had entered at a Photography conference. This is awesome!! I called and spoke with 2 different people and both individuals confirmed I had won! My address and phone number were confirmed and I was told that it would be shipped and I would be contacted when it shipped. Several hours later I receive an email stating that they had made a mistake and I actually wasn’t the winner. Really? Wait... You confirmed it 2 different times!! Horrible customer service! I’ll be taking my business to B&H Photo Video Pro Audio.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Not returning an item sent - I am not able to correspond with this company - they completely ignore me. I sent binoculars in for repair and they say they don't have them. They were insured and tracking shows that they WERE delivered.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I contacted Adorama through Amazon about matching a B&H price for a monitor. They agreed to match the price then after I placed the order tried to weasel out of it. After making the situation public on Twitter one of their representatives contacted me claiming to want to help. But the service I received was painful. I had to send twenty e-mails to resolve this issue, when it should have only taken one. And I'm still not sure if it's resolved. I left negative feedback on Amazon, but even though it was honest, truthful and free of obscenity somehow they were able to have it removed. Which unfortunately means that the Amazon seller ratings are a complete fraud.

Adorama ultimately did nothing to make any of this up to me. They offered me a coupon code for a future purchase but without giving me a reason to make a future purchase. They had an opportunity to impress me and earn a loyal customer but they failed miserably. Also they shouldn't be allowed to have "prime" on their items because they're unable to deliver anything in the promised two days. My shipment will take five days...

Dear Angus

This order was placed on Amazon on Friday 3/16 after our shipping cutoff; it shipped out on Monday 3/12 and is scheduled for delivery today, per Amazon requirements.

We matched the B&H price and in addition gave you $35 in coupon codes.

As I have asked you several times without a response, what else did you require?

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: March 19, 2018

ADORAMA sold me a filthy, moldy disgusting keyboard (Korg Microkeys 61) sold as new. The box and product was moldy as if it had been in a flood. The keyboard reeked of body odor and cologne. Item listed as NEW. Product software was previously used and registered and is unusable.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have used Manfrotto products for years and have never had an issue with them. I bought another ball head from Adorama on the other hand, for $80, and the thing stopped turning after less than a month! Then they refused to return it because I didn't have the box anymore. I would have understood a partial refund, but they just refused to return a product that was absolutely non-functional; $80 out of my pocket, for nothing- for a box.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018 Received a factory defective item. Sent back laptop few days later. Support claims "computer is in terrible condition and has water damage". Remember, this computer is factory new and only a few days old, never used due to the broken keys it came with. Adorama refused replacement due to these (false) claims.

I have image proof of the perfect physical condition of the product shortly before sending it to Adorama. Extremely disappointed with the terrible service received by Adorama. Will definitely not shop with this disgraceful company anymore.

Adorama Camera response

I've sent you an email; attached to that email are the images which were captured when your laptop was first unpacked in our receiving department.

The receipt, unpacking and photographing of ALL returned items is recorded on camera, so we have a permanent record of this.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

When I ordered my D850, selected Adorama for interest-free financing. When I called, however, despite their not having any cameras, the rep told me he could specify the shipper. FedEx accepts the goods, then claims that I refused delivery. Ordered a used $2,000 lens on a Friday, called when firm reopened Sunday to find no record of the transaction when I asked about shipping. No confirmation so no order number and nothing in the system, but the purchase price did post on my Adorama credit. Requested cancellation. Order apparently found later, but the charge lingered in Adorama system even though it has cleared with the credit issuer. Had to request through Adorama chat that the funds be released.

With restored credit, reordered another used lens listed online Tuesday afternoon. By Thursday, with neither shipping information nor confirmation, found that the lens was listed as back ordered. Huh? A used lens... When I called, the rep claimed that the lens really was available, simply that the SKU has changed. (It was more expensive than others similarly graded, for unspecified reasons.)

Naively agreed to proceed with assurance that this was the SAME lens as before. Hours later, under the order number, found the old SKU lens marked cancelled, and the new lens (that I was assured was the old lens) marked back ordered. Two unneeded 82mm filters ordered with the lens were in the warehouse for shipping, and the order could not be cancelled. I would be responsible for any return postage, or a penalty if I refused delivery. The lens was not prepared to ship, since it was back ordered. This is after 48 hours for the online order of a lens listed as in stock. That was it. Cancelled the lens again. Will keep the B+W filters. And never again any NYC seller. Even any with the interest-free financing.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Ordered a camera lens on sale, First problem UPS says no unit number on shipping label, Adorama states this was on shipping label. I had to use UPS automated system to update my address. UPS delivers to some random address. Both UPS and Adorama notified. UPS picks up package and tries to deliver to yet another random address and person refuses delivery, or so I was told. Package is returned to Adorama. Second problem, I contact Adorama yet again and make it clear that I do not want refund, I want the camera lens I ordered. Received email from Adorama today... "Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, the refund was processed instead of replacement. Your refund was issued on 01/17/18 back to your original payment source. If you do not see it reflected in your account within 3 business days, please contact your payment source. Enclosed please find a copy of your refund invoice. We apologize for the inconvenience."

So camera lens no longer on sale, I can reorder but for hundreds of dollars more than the first order, and never mind the hours of my time trying to fix this. There are plenty of retailers who sell all the same things that Adorama does but with a functioning customer service department. I will repurchase this lens, just elsewhere. Time to cut my losses. I do place a value on my time especially when that time runs into many hours on the phone engaging in exercises of futility.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Bought a RAM kit for my laptop, for which, they charged my credit card, immediately. Was given shipping information, that never updated to show that the item had ever actually been shipped, or even given to the shipper. Waited almost 2 weeks, having still not received my order, and after their shipper had still not received my item from Adorama, and called their customer service department. I was told I had to wait another two days, in order to be outside their "Shipment Lost" parameters. Called back, two days later to cancel my order and receive a refund and was told I'd receive an email showing proof of said cancellation, later that day - not immediately, and no confirmation number given. Received said email that night, to say I was given an Adorama CREDIT, not REFUND.

Coincidentally, I also received a message at about this same time, saying that the item was now out of stock, and had been back ordered - and that I'd receive an email when and if it ever came back in - ALL WHILE THEY'VE STILL GOT MY MONEY. Now, I need to call back again, to see if their CSRs in India (which are ALL of them - they have no customer service in the US) will even grant this reversal for a refund. If not, we'll simply be disputing the charge with our credit card company. This falls into one of the top worst, most frustrating and borderline felonious purchasing experiences I've ever had, in my 50 years on this planet. Absolutely horrible. ONLY SHOP WITH ADORAMA IF YOU HATE YOURSELF.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Bought a 5k camera, said it was in stock and ready to ship same day, it never shipped so I cancelled and re-ordered to be sure it was in fact in stock. On the second order it was showing as still in stock, I ordered first thing in the am so everything could be verified and shipped same day, this was all done and customer service assured me it would ship, anyways it didnt as it wasnt in stock. Will never in my life shop with them again as they clearly dont know what they are doing.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I placed an order with Adorama with plenty of time for delivery but UPS lost the package. UPS Customer Service was pretty much worthless in resolving the issue. But fortunately Adorama was great. Helen Oster agreed to ship another order to me before UPS returned the lost one to her. She also agreed to ship it overnight to make sure I got it before Christmas. I felt like Adorama understood my issues and did everything they could to minimize the impact to me. I highly recommend Adorama.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

On November 27th, 2017 (Cyber Monday), we placed an order online with Adorama for two camera kits: a Sony A7II and a Sony A6000. The total order price came to $2193 and included 25 pieces in both kits including cameras, lenses, and accessories. As new customers, this was our first purchase from Adorama. Both kits were listed as "in stock" when we purchased them. It wasn't until after the purchase was finalized that I received an email notifying us that the order couldn't ship because it was on back order. The email simply said "one or more of the items in your order # ** is not in stock." It didn't specify which items or state an estimated shipping date.

We emailed customer service immediately for more information. An email response from a rep on November 29 stated that only one item, the filters, was on back order. The email stated: "If you would like to modify the order to a different in-stock item, email us back with the item you would like to replace it with..." I emailed back a request to have the filters replaced with an extra Sony battery. On Nov 30th, I received an email response stating: "We regret to inform you that since this is a bundle we can only check for a comparable filter kit and we are unable to replace the backordered item to a Sony battery.". On December 1, I emailed back the same rep and requested that she simply swap out the filters then for a comparable set of filters. That customer service rep never responded.

Two days later, on December 3, I received an email from a different rep stating: "the Sony A6000 is currently on back order but we were able to allocate the item on your order. This means we can fulfill this item in your order." At that point, we were pretty confused. We had thought only the filters were on back order. According to this new email, the A6000 had been on back order but was not any longer? Adorama had been able to "allocate the item"? Apparently not, because despite many more emails to a total of three reps over two weeks, the A6000 camera and filters were still on back order when we checked the status of our order online today, December 11. We canceled the entire order today.

At this point, we no longer have any confidence in Adorama, its business practices, or their customer service. Their response time via email was repeatedly prompt, but we received contradictory information from their reps, and none failed to answer our questions or resolve the issue and get our order shipped out in a timely manner. The company should absolutely NOT be selling kits or items and advertising them as "in stock" when they're not actually available. We regret that we ever placed our confidence in this company. Had we ordered from B&H or Amazon, we'd have our order before Christmas. This was the first and last time we'll ever purchase anything from them.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I recently ordered more than $700.00 worth of equipment from Adorama. The order was originally scheduled to be delivered via UPS on Friday, Dec. 1. Due to issues with UPS, the packages did not arrive until Monday, Dec. 4. When the packages were delivered, I was not in the office. The UPS delivery person scanned them and left them with my co-workers. When I returned, I immediately noticed that one of the packages was open and damaged. I called Adorama immediately. I was told by the gentleman with whom I spoke that Adorama requires a signature. He told me to send pictures of the damaged package and a brief e-mail to their service e-mail address. He said once I opened the package, I should call back if anything was missing or damaged.

When I got off the phone, my co-workers informed me that no signature was requested. I then called UPS. After being on hold for more than 15 minutes, I spoke with someone. Their records showed that the shipment was not requested to require signature. I called Adorama for a second time. The young lady I spoke with said they had not received the e-mail with the details and pictures, so I re-sent them to her direct e-mail address. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor about the issue and the contradicting information from UPS and Adorama. I asked to get UPS on the phone so all three parties could discuss and resolve. She said they would just send labels to have the packages returned. It took nearly 15 minutes of back and forth before she agreed to get UPS on the line. I was on hold nearly 25 minutes before she came back and said she was still on hold. I told her that was fine.

20 minutes later, she said they had referred her to damage claims, and she had been put back on hold. She said they would just generate the labels and have the packages returned. I asked if they would re-send my order once UPS had possession of these boxes, and she said no; she said they would not re-process the order until they received the original order back. She said it would be two weeks or more before I received the replacement order. I told her that was unacceptable. I said I had a direct number from speaking with UPS previously and would call them. It took three times mentioning that before she agreed. I got UPS on the phone in less than two minutes. They pulled up the tracking information, and I explained that I was getting conflicting information. She said their system clearly showed that the box for requiring a signature had not been marked.

We were more than 90 minutes into this phone call. I asked the Adorama representative how they were going to handle this since they had not requested signature to be required. She said she would "elevate" the issue to their shipping warehouse. I told her I was going to take a chance and open the box, and I would be back in touch if anything was missing or damaged. I asked for her supervisor's name and e-mail address so I could send a written complaint about the misinformation and the error.

Later Monday evening, I received an e-mail from someone else at Adorama. They said they had received my request to return items, and labels were being generated for UPS to pick the boxes up. I responded that I never requested any such return. I sent a separate e-mail to the customer service supervisor. Tuesday morning, I received a response from the customer service manager. In summary, it said that the package should not have been signed for if it was damaged (I had already explained in the original e-mail that UPS requested no signature). She also stated, "We do generally ship with signature required but we allow UPS to use their discretion to leave it with or without signature." That statement indicates that they do not require a signature - as all three individuals I spoke with Monday afternoon had indicated.

In the exchange back and forth, I soon received an edit of my picture where the supervisor had drawn a red arrow pointing to the "STOP" logo on their packing tape. The package tape says if the seal is damaged, the recipient should check contents before signing for the package. She again said that the person in the office should not have signed for the package (and, again, no signature was required by UPS). She offered a $50.00 gift card after apologizing multiple times for what UPS did. At no time was there ever an apology for what Adorama had done or their misinformation.

In my final e-mail, I said I had not requested any refunds, credits or other compensation. I simply wanted someone to confirm what their policy was and who (even though I knew) was at fault for not requiring a signature. In at least two separate e-mails, I requested the name and contact information for her supervisor. She never provided it. Early afternoon Tuesday, a UPS delivery person showed up with two return labels to pick up the packages. Despite my immediate response that I had not requested the packages to be returned, they had not canceled the return order.

The final straw came on the next e-mail from her which obviously was intended to be sent within her company rather than to me. It said, "This guy does not stop. He is being unreasonable. I don't believe we should further contact him." I called again. I explained what had occurred, gave the manager's name, and asked to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold and was on hold for more than 40 minutes before the third person I had talked to on Monday (the person whose supervisor I had e-mailed) got on the phone. I explained about the e-mail and how unprofessional it was. She laughed and said, "OK." After putting me on hold again, she came back and gave me a name for a supervisor who would call me by the end of business. She confirmed a phone number.

Five hours later, by the time they had closed, no one called. Among speaking with three of their representatives via phone and one via e-mail, I received four different statements about their shipping policies and signatures being required. I had co-workers blamed more than once for signing for the package (and once again, no signature was required) without checking it. And then I was sent an incredibly unprofessional e-mail.

So let me make this as clear as possible. The issue with Adorama has never been about UPS’ actions. They repeatedly “apologized” for UPS, but I’ve never once said the condition of the package upon arrival was Adorama’s fault. My issue with Adorama’s customer service is the misinformation that ultimately wasted entirely too much of time (as well as their staff). They have admitted that, in reality, they do not require a signature. Allowing UPS to use their own discretion/choice isn’t requiring a signature.

On my first call Monday, their representative said they require a signature. When I called a second time on Monday, a different representative said they require a signature. The supervisor I spoke with also said they require a signature. When this specific call ended after more than 90 minutes, UPS had confirmed the order was not marked for signature required. The supervisor said she was “escalating” a report with their shipping warehouse to find out why it was not marked for signature required. So, at that point, I had spent nearly two hours on the phone with Adorama representatives, and three different people had told me that they required a signature. The third, a supervisor, went so far as to say she was following up with their shipping warehouse and “escalating” a report.

Then there’s the product return. I never requested such or asked for such. I told all three people I spoke with on Monday that was not an option, even though they suggested it repeatedly. These were gifts, and I couldn’t wait for their required process of getting the items back in their possession (minimum of 2-3 days just for that, per the supervisor) and then 10-14 more days to re-process and deliver to me. It was December 4; I could not risk 17-21 days to get the items back as they were gifts. Yet, Monday evening, I received an e-mail from them saying I requested to return the boxes, and they were generating labels. Again, I never requested this. I immediately responded to that e-mail that I had never made such a request and, yet, UPS still showed up Tuesday afternoon with labels in hand.

Finally, we have the “customer service manager” who I exchanged e-mails with on Tuesday. She repeatedly suggested it was somehow my fault or the fault of my co-workers; she repeatedly misstated that someone had signed for the package. UPS has confirmed they got no signature upon delivery; the delivery driver merely entered a name of an occupant of the office (there is a sign on the door showing the occupants of the space). The UPS tracking information online does not say that is a signature; it simply says that is who received the package. I explained that more than once, on Monday and Tuesday, yet she continued to bring that up as some sort of “defense” for their actions.

If I had been told on the very first call on Monday that Adorama leaves the decision for signatures up to UPS, that would have been all I needed. That didn’t happen. If it’s on their website as they have claimed, how do their customer service representatives, and supervisors, not know that? I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. They responded with more claims about the package being signed for, presented a quote of mine out of context and submitted an anonymous semblance of an apology for the rude e-mail.

For the record, four days after my last phone call with one of their representatives, that phone call that I was told I would receive still had not arrived, either.

My only request with the BBB complaint was to be contacted by whomever is in charge of their customer service to discuss the misinformation and the unprofessional responses from the manager referenced above; it’s clear that they refuse to do that as well. Hopefully, future customers don’t encounter this type of misinformation and runaround from Adorama going forward.

Adorama Camera Company Information