1.68/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

286 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have never had any issues with Adorama, quite the contrary, always very happy with them and my purchases with them, until recently. I did my first trade in with them with a Sigma Art 135 1.8 lens. They offered me 575.00 for it and took it off a Sony lens I wanted. I agreed. All was well, so I thought. While waiting for the trade in to go through, I was not sure what lens I wanted for the trade in. They suggested I purchase the lens I was thinking about - they had a 30 day return policy and if I didn't like it, I could return it before the bill came in and charge it to my Adorama account. I decided to purchase the same lens I traded in but the Sony mount (the one I traded was the Nikon mount). I quickly realized I couldn't make the Sony mount Sigma work, it's longer and heavier than the Nikon one and too big for my hand. I returned it on day 2 of having it. I kept the tracking they and saw they received it back almost the same day.

They received the return on 2/1/19. I was contacted on the following Monday by Adorama asking if I wanted store credit and the amount she gave me was not the 1399.00 I paid. I informed her that I wanted a full refund for the amount charged. She agreed. I noticed the same day a refund to my card for 600.00 less than the cost I was charged. Today is 2/14/2019, they still have not refunded it. They have the lens, charged me 1399, tax and shipping and refunded 824.00.

What really happened that I cannot get them to understand even though it's documented in my account and in the orders is, the trade in for MY NIKON lens was not applied to the order for the trade in. It's showing up as what they said a credit on the other order. How is it a credit if they refunded 824.00 of 1399 or more and they have the lens? My trade in, my own lens should have never been involved in another order. They have admitted on the phone that this was their mistake on the back end, I get a different story every time I call but they haven't refunded the full cost to a lens I returned, and I think our also trying to charge me for my trade in. Charged 1399 refunded 824.00, they still owe me the difference. As of typing this, a refund came to my e-mail in the amount of 192.00. That doesn't even make sense now I have to deal with that. I have called 6 times, latest person I spoke to is Amber.

Dear Karen

I was concerned to read your feedback and immediately copied it to the Used Department Manager.

Unfortunately we have not been able to identify you or your order, as you did not include either your order number, or your surname.

If you would like ro email me, I will be able to assist you.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The company has very poor customer service. I ran into a problem where FedEx held my package at a nearby location for pickup since it needed to be signed for. I went in twice to try and pick up the package and each time I was told that they could not locate it. I know this issue is not with Adorama but the following issue is. When I reported the issue, the Adorama customer service rep told me they would work with FedEx to find the package. At the same time he asked if I would like a refund or replacement. I said a refund. He said in another email that I should give 1-2 business days for an update. This happened on 1/29. On 1/31 I received an email stating that the rep submitted a request to refund me on 1/29. He told me to allow 'today or tomorrow' for a refund. So I waited.

On 2/3 I emailed again because there was no sign of a refund. I got an email response on 2/4 stating he submitted a follow-up on this and that I should allow 'today or tomorrow' for the refund. So I waited again. On 2/8, I still had no refund. I do understand that this can take time. The issue is the poor responses from the customer service rep telling me to wait for the refund "today or tomorrow." I was told this not once but twice. This shows either poor training on policies on Adorama's part or just poor customer service. I still don't have a refund as of 2/13 as now I am waiting for PayPal to take care of it. Buyer beware of situations like this. Customer service is not helpful. Being told 1-2 business days for a refund is false. I am now going on 2 weeks and PayPal is now involved.

Dear Sydney
I was concerned to read your feedback - here, on Yelp& on TrustPilot - & immediately copied it to the Customer Service Manager

Unfortunately we can't ID your order as you didn't include your order number or your full name in your complaints

If you email me with additional details, I will be able to look into this

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused & I look forward to hearing from you

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Me and my company had a real bad experience with Adorama and its products. We thought we are buying a new printers, but in fact it was refurbished and both printers stopped working after the first try. The issue with us is we open a new location for our business, and we did not start using those printers right away and only after 4 months. Adorama reps are acting like a "broken record" claiming that they cannot help us because of the 30 days policy had passed. I will not shop with them anymore! And this is my advice for friends and family.

Dear Ron

I was concerned to read your feedback & copied it to the Customer Services Manager

However, he has been unable to identify you from the information below, without a customer # or your family name

Can you please email me directly and this will have our early attention.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience & frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This is a situation that is still happening, and the story just keeps getting longer and longer. I had applied for an Adorama Credit Card (Comenity) and was approved. Made a purchase, which was canceled with NO email communication or phone calls notifying me that my order was canceled. So I reached out to Adorama a few days later, and they said it was canceled because it was marked as fraud by Comenity. I reached out to Comenity, got it all sorted out, and replaced my order.

A few days go by and the order is still marked as "processing" on the website. So I call Adorama to find out what's going on, only to find out my order was placed on hold AGAIN because they still think it's fraud, which I never received email communication about AGAIN. Spoke to somebody from Adorama customer service who was very very rude.

Adorama refuses to say it's an issue on their end, and Comenity also says everything is approved on their end, which I believe is the case. Nobody can seem to figure out what is going on with my Adorama order. The only thing they offered me to help is that they will update it to 2-day shipping for free once it's finally approved.

So in conclusion, don't be fooled by the nicely designed website of Adorama like I was. Their customer service seems to know nothing and will only offer to make things right if you keep complaining over and over. Been over a week of me trying to get my items sent and still nothing. Currently, I'm awaiting Adorama to call the person who placed my order on hold. I will update this as the situation evolves.

Dear Mark

I was concerned to read your feedback & copied it to the Sales Manager & the Verification Team.

However, they've been unable to identify you from the information below, without a customer # or your family name

Can you please email me directly and this will have our early attention.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Buyer beware on the Adorama Credit Card. This is a chinsy bank and I discovered their first scam. They will make you pay with a bank or debit card and give you every outward appearance that you a scheduling a reoccurring payment. You are not! You must pay manually every month! I was hit with a late fee and phone calls that let me know whats going on. Here's the stab in the back: They instantly forgive the late fee of $27 for the first offense but are ready and waiting for you to forget the next payment and collect. Strings attached financing!

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to read your review, however, please understand that Adorama is only a retailer not a bank.

If you have billing or customer service issues regarding the credit card you can complain to the card issuer Comenity Capital Bank issued your Credit Card.

Alternatively, if you would like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, referencing this complaint, I will be delighted to pass this on for you.

Adorama Camera

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

On the Christmas Day, I ordered the Google Home Hub $99 with two mini free as they advertised in the website but I end up only received Home Hub. I called and they said, “Only if you ordered on December 24.” After I send the screenshot, they send me two mini free. A reputable company should not do this trick. They should honor the advertising even a mistake.

Dear Warren

Thank you for your recent order, although I was pretty surprised to see that you awarded Adorama only a single star.

The deal you refer to was indeed only valid on orders placed December 24th, nevertheless as a one-time courtesy you were sent the 2 additional items as a gift.

My experience is that the majority of customers would leave a review giving a high star rating, not the bare minimum.

I hope you will reconsider, and review he rating.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I sent in a camera body and several lenses for trade or cash. After negotiating a trade with Mr. **. I gave my credit card number and asked him when it would be shipped. He said, that day which was January 31, 2019. I now have called for emailed all day 2/1/2019 asking for tracking info as I need this equipment for my job. No return calls, no email. Nothing. It seems they will say or do anything to make a deal with no regard for their actions.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Will update this review as things evolve. I recently bought an Polk LSiM system from Adorama which was not cheap. This is the first time I have used this company and will likely be the last. One of the main tower speakers arrived damaged but the box it arrived in looked ok. Within hours of receiving the item I filed a damaged item report and requested an exchange. I didn't hear anything for a day so I called their customer service. They asked me to send more pictures of the item, including the box it came in so within 30 minutes of speaking with them I did. I didn't hear anything. I called them back the next day and they told me they didn't have the new photos I sent attached to my account but verified they received the pictures.

They then told me they would need an additional 1 to 2 business days to submit a claim to a different department before they could "have a response for you". I expressed that this was unacceptable to wait this long and all I got was "we will add a note to your account that you want this expedited. We just received your photos"... No you received them 24 hours ago. I don't want it expedited, I want a non-broken speaker and this 80 lb giant box of junk out of my house. Instead I will now have to wait almost a week for a response and they haven't even told me they will take it back (I will not rest until they do, they can count on that). In the meantime I have an expensive stereo system with no left front speaker, a box of junk in my living room, and a charge on my credit card. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

[This review will be updated as the situation evolves.] I received a MacBook Pro today that was not surrounded by the sparse packing cushions and had clearly been moving freely in the box. Aside from the UN3481 label, there is no label to indicate that the box’s contents are fragile, so it’s reasonable to assume that the computer has been bouncing around in the box for who-knows-how-long.

I haven’t even taken the computer out of its packaging, because I don’t want to assume responsibility for any damage it may have suffered. Even if it seems to be in perfect condition, there’s no telling how shock damage might affect its lifespan. Aside from simply being unacceptable, receiving a damaged computer affects my education and livelihood, as this is replacing a dead school and work computer. I can’t afford to be without a computer as I wait for a return process, so I’m not sure of how to proceed. As of the writing of this review, I’m waiting on Adorama’s response, and I will update as the situation unfolds.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

0% interest offer from Adorama is a SCAM. I signed up for this. After 3 months I still have no paperwork, no statements, no account number and no way to pay without this info. I try to go online to pay and I'm told I need an account number, I call in and they say the same. Each month when I call they confirm an address I've never heard of. So I update it, again. Still no paperwork or account number. As a result they are racking up the interest charges and have turned me over to collections. They say the ONLY way to get the account number is through the mail, yet they make sure the mail never goes to the correct address. A scam so that they can collect interest. I would never do business with them or Adorama again. Customer service is painfully rude and refuses to send thing in any way that can be tracked.

Dear Robert

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the Adorama credit card, however I believe there may have been a misunderstanding
The credit line is underwritten by Comenity Bank NOT by Adorama. Therefore you need to raise these issues with the credit provider directly. This online form should help:

Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion caused

Regards

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I rarely write these types of reviews for companies but due to the service I received, I feel I need to tell a great experience with Adorama customer service. I had been tracking prices for the Canon M50 Video Creator kit which includes the camera, 32GB SD Card and a mic for the past year. In Dec 2018, Adorama had the best prices for the kit with free shipping and no taxes so I pulled the trigger. I saw that the kit itself was out of stock and I was ok for whenever it came back in stock. I had actually ordered this kit mid-2018 from B&H and it was out of stock but after 1 month, I canceled the order. I didn't know what to expect with Adorama but I was at least willing to wait 1 month.

In about 1.5 weeks, a rep named Jessie contacted me by phone and email. They said the kit was out of stock and asked if they could send me the individual pieces of the kit (camera, SD card and mic) instead. I was amazed that a company even cared that I got my product in time to offer an alternate solution. I was the one that ordered out of stock so Adorama did not owe me anything to separate the items out. I took their offer and just got the entire package today. I am amazed at their customer service. I've never had this type of treatment before. I know I was a bit concerned about ordering from Adorama initially due to online reviews but after this experience, I felt I owed a positive experience so people can see that it's not bad at all. It was actually beyond what I expected. I will for sure order directly from them for any future camera needs. They have a customer for life.

Resolution response: Jan. 19, 2019

After providing my order number, they resolved this matter by exchange wrong colored speakers to matching ones.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I ordered Polk Audio LSiM 707 Series 5 Speaker Home Theater System in Midnight Mahogany. They sent me two speakers in Cherry color. When I contacted them to request to exchange them to right color, their reply was, "Midnight color are not in stock." But on their website they have been advertise Midnight mahogany color speakers. I’m very upset when they made mistakes sending wrong products and refuse to exchange for the right ones. Instead of fix their mistake they have giving me excuses not exchange them.

Hi Seong

Thank you for your recent purchase from Adorama 'though I was concerned to read the description of your experience

I shared your feedback with our Customer Services Manager, but unfortunately we are unable to identify your order without additional details

Please email me with your order # so I can assist

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I am quite upset with how Adorama has handle customer service. We bought a Mavic 2 Enterprise, Enterprise Fly More kit, and Enterprise Shield Protection. It wasn't until our items shipped that we were made aware that the Enterprise Shield protection is backordered. Mind you, I was told everything was in stock. We need the Enterprise Shield from the moment I register the drone. We would have never purchased any of this from Adorama of the shield wasn't in stock. Would you drive a new car without insurance being activated yet?

It is going on 2 weeks trying to resolve this with Adorama and DJI...and no resolve. How is an extended coverage plan backordered anyways? Why can't DJI issue it themselves. I was so excited on ordering my first Adorama items... Now I am sad and frankly upset. I am blown away on how this has not been resolved yet...it seems like a simple resolve. As of right now...over 35 emails in chain and multiple phone calls and ZERO RESOLVE... BUY ELSEWHERE.

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent order from Adorama. although I was concerned to read the description of your experience.

I shared your feedback with our Customer Services Manager, however we are unable to ID your order without additional information.

Can you please email me with your order number?
Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused, & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service on the website is fast and outstanding. They helped me even though my order was difficult. At first I forgot to put in an order through my student ID, then they helped me process a reversal where a package would be intercepted and refunded for me to re-order. Then, I realized there was no student discount on my order, so I asked to cancel the interception, which they have been nothing but helpful with in quickly contacting UPS. They put up with my idiotic behavior and assisted me with professionalism and haste and truly demonstrated exceptional customer service in all aspects of my support today. Cara ** and Albert ** are the real MVPs and deserve raises for putting up with me and my dumbness.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I recently purchased a Fender Mustang Bass through Adorama. I purchased the bass through Adorama for two reasons - 1) They had an amazing price on the bass and 2) They have a color option called surf pearl that is exclusive to Adorama. I purchased the bass using shop runner 2 day shipping on Thursday 12/20. The bass arrived on 12/27. I realize that during the holidays shipping times can vary so I was fine with it arriving on the 27th. I was also happy to take a small amount of time off work to receive the package until I opened the box and the bass was damaged. The finish on the bass was cracked where the neck met the body of the bass.

I called customer support and they stated that I could return the item for a refund or for a replacement. This was an easy process and I dropped the bass off at UPS for return the same day Thursday the 27th. I had inquired about receiving expedited shipping on the replacement item since the originally item was damaged. Customer support stated this was not an option. So overall ordering and returning was easy but the item was received damaged and the idea of expedited return shipping on the replacement item was not an option. Depending on when the replacement item arrives I will also need to take time off again to receive the item when delivered.

The returned item arrived at Adorama today Wednesday 1/2. Depending on the turn around time of the replacement item and its condition once received would allow me to provide a higher rated review for Adorama. All of this is written knowing there can be delays due to the holidays. I guess overall I'm just a bit disappointed that the item was received damaged and having to wait a couple of weeks to get to play this sweet new bass.

Hi Kellie

Thank you so much for your purchase, and for your feedback - although I was concerned to note that the guitar arrived damaged.

I'd welcome an opportunity to look into this further; are you able to email me with your order number?

Thank you, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ended up losing money taking off from work and damaged goods with this company! I want to be as unbiased as I can about my experience with Adorama. I actually am a first time customer, so I would hope for the best going forward. I decided to buy a bundle as a Christmas gift for someone. They had a deal going on: Canon T6 + Pixma Pro Printer + Glossy Printer paper ($649, but $299 after a $350 gift card). I placed my order in a snap, and 4 hours later I get a “item is on backorder” email. Ok that’s fine. I can wait a little bit. Several weeks pass, and every week I’m told it’s the next week or give two more weeks. So I wait. That’s fine.

On Christmas Eve I finally get my order and lo and behold, the printer and paper are damaged. I had a rude rep who was arguing about the weight of the printer claiming it’s only 10 lbs and why I couldn’t take it to UPS myself (which it weighs more 50 lbs+ and I have a small vehicle. It can’t fit). I call again and get Iris who I explain I that I understand it’s Christmas but can I either: 1.) Return this printer and have a replacement sent, it’s for a gift and my family are leaving for the end of year. 2.) Keep the printer and get a partial refund for the inconvenience.

Iris puts in a request to pick up the printer and to expedite a undamaged printer and paper the day after Christmas, and she promised a $50 in store gift card which I had no complaints and was a satisfied customer. I end up having to lose 2 days of work and staying home all day waiting for UPS because they never came nor did the gift card. Actually UPS put on the 2nd day they came and no one was home, which I have footage of them clearly bypassing my home without stopping. Sure enough I had to get on the phone again and finally UPS came that day and picked it up. All is well right? Nope Adorama ends up sending me a refund for only the printer so now I can’t even get the $350 rebate and no printer or paper (or gift card as promised).

So after waiting over a month, losing money for two days taking off from work to wait for UPS, and dealing with rude reps, I am currently sending the camera back and getting a refund, but I don’t EVER want to do business again with this company! At least they could come with a better solution when they inconvenience customers, but a simple robotic “we appreciate your interest and sorry” that’s the standard for most companies is all you get. I ended up just getting my girlfriend another gift. When companies inconvenience like this, it’s terrible, especially when it’s your first time ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have been very satisfied with Adorama until this point. Last night I placed 2 Novatron nt4520 grids in my cart for $10.19 each. After entering my credit card info, the price changed to over $52 each!. So I told my wife, no big deal... I'll call them in the morning. I just got off the phone with 2 people which both told me basically I'm bbnout of luck. Not even an attempt to make it right. I even reached out to them on Facebook to have a record of my attempts to correct the issue. To add to the matter... my order history is missing along with my VIP 360 status. I wont need it anymore. I do not plan on 2019's purchase order to be fulfilled by Adorama any longer. I am disappointed. I've always liked Adorama.

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2018

I would have withdrawn the review, since the company issued a refund nearly one month after my original complaint, but Helen **, is customer service is very clear that the previous review was false. However, on December 28th, the review was accurate and yes, the refund was subsequently issued -- but, I had to chase after this refund well over 15 times in both email and voice contact.

Be that as it may, this ugly experience is now at an end and unless the company has another retort, this matter is closed as far as I am concerned. Please also understand, as a past customer and an American, this is my opinion of the company and am free to express it. This is what reviews are for. I do thank Shae **, who was another representative in this company who saw that there was going to be no end to this, and I believe saw that it was unfair, that through the holidays, a customer had to be put under so much stress.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Order No. **. I would stay away from this merchant and go to either amazon or B&H --- the customer service is so bad and they constantly make misrepresentations. I placed an order for over 1000 dollars that was supposed to be delivered early December. Although it was said to be left at my doorstep, I did not receive it, have not been issued a refund or a replacement order processed.

Originally, they stated a refund would be issued by them on December 14, 2018, after UPS completed they investigation, which was part of their procedure. I have actually looked into this and this is very rare for merchants to do, but I trusted them. After no response from them, I again contacted them on a number of occasions and was told, the UPS investigation would be completed on December 24th, and that a refund would be processed. After Christmas, I was given yet a different story by Helen **, one of their rep. stating they would not issue the refund and, or a replacement. She was also not responsive to my other concerns.

They have essentially stolen my money, and will not take any responsibility. This company has no ethics. I week after this order that went missing, I had trusted them and bought over a 2k camera, with a defect and they will not even respond to my concern yet within 30 days. From speaking to many representative, (including a senior rep in NYC -Helen ** -- their call centers in Asia are of no help) both email and some voice calls, I have they lying. When you buy items, merchants should be more interested in building loyalty and repeat business. This company has no care or respect for its customers, and they have lost a very expensive account. Be very careful with you hard earned money, stay away from them. Check out their very many negatives online and via the Better Business Bureau.

Adorama Camera response

As this customer was REFUNDED IN FULL, yesterday, 27th December, his allegation is untrue.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

So excited to see a Fujifilm camera on Brad's list, great camera, GREAT PRICE... WRONG! Opened the box before gift wrapping it because we heard something bouncing around... Thought they forgot to secure the camera. Very disappointed to find an opened old bottle of lotion in the box!! Tried calling local and 800 numbers posted on Adorama's website during their business hours and get messages saying they are closed due to it being outside their business hours??

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Ordered a camera from Adorama since they were giving free accessories if I bought from them, it would have been the perfect Christmas gift. That were the good side of Adorama ended, when I got it I put it aside where the person I was giving it to wouldn't see it or know about it. I went to wrap the camera and to my surprise camera was not there. Very frustrated and angry, should not have been tempted about the free accessories, and bought from B&H.

Dear Anjesh

I was concerned to read that on going to wrap the camera you found it was not in the box.

We check outgoing weights of all shipped items & we have cameras above each packing station. So it is easy to check whether the camera was in the box when it left us or if it was removed during shipping.

I'm unable to ID your order without additional details, but if you email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number, I will be delighted to assist you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have been chasing the customer care for a week now and there's no response that the customer care has been able to provide. My $2878 towards Order ** are stuck and the email responses are just repetitive without even applying any brain. It seems that the company has cheated me for $2878!!!

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Rajnish, and I'd welcome an opportunity to understand what went wrong here. However, I'm unable to ID you from your name alone.

Can you please email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number, and this will have my early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I won't use Adorama again. Although the customer service is good, the overall experience was very poor. I ordered a Canon DSLR and was sent the camera with a Nikon battery and charger. I reached out and the correct battery was sent very quickly to me, but it was sent without a charger. So first, I have the camera with the wrong battery and charger, and then when I have the correct battery I can't even charge it. I'm then told it's going to be another 1-2 business days to hear back from the used department. As someone who works in one of the top companies for customer service, I wanted to be impressed. The facts are that, I'm not. Get it right the first time. But if you don't... PLEASE at least get it right the second time! No compensation offered other than "sorry" and just sending me what I originally should have gotten in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Ordered a DSLR camera for my wife's birthday, with a delivery date scheduled for Nov 27th. After waiting a few days AFTER that date, we checked the tracking and noticed that the camera was delivered to a random Amazon fulfillment center. It was literally signed for by an Amazon employee (don't ask me how it ended up there). I looked back at the order and verified I had entered the correct address, and even checked the receipt to ensure it was typed in correctly etc (it was).

I reached out to Adorama believing that they would send us the item we have already paid for, and figure out what went wrong with the shipment later. I couldn't have been more wrong. Apparently their process is to file a claim with the shipper, and make us wait until that is resolved before they will even CONSIDER doing anything. Nearly 2 weeks later, and we still have no resolution. Via chat, they offer their "sincere apologies" etc etc, but still no resolution, even though the tracking CLEARLY shows they delivered to the wrong address. These guys are frauds, plain and simple. Their overall score indicates this as well as my own experience. Avoid buying from them at all costs.

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Joel, and I'd welcome an opportunity to look into this.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I order two filters on their website, then I get an email saying one of them isn't in stock so the order will be delayed. Fine, I wasn't in a rush, so I reply their email asking for how long it would take. No reply. The day after, my order was considered as a "fraud" by their software, and was therefore canceled (While I had already been through the VISA secured verification process, and my bank account was about to be charged). I ask why that happened and why they haven't replied my first question about the item availability delay, and their reply is: "We weren't able to confirm your credit card (no explanation). Please contact that number (US phone number) to check on the availability of your product." I live in the Philippines (I told them in my previous email), so obviously I didn't call the US number. Total waste of time. I gave up and ordered through B&H...much better and actually cheaper.

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read the description of your recent experience with order verification, Yann, & would welcome an opportunity to look at the issues you raised

Could you email me with your order number, so I can ID your account?

We work very hard on delivering you the ULTIMATE in quality & customer service, so it pains us to learn that you've had a less than satisfying experience with ordering from Adorama.

I look forward to hearing from you

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Changed description of a $970 laptop I bought through their eBay store on Black Friday. The day after I bought it and removed 1 TB HDD from description and lowered price to $899, I call and say, "Hey there's no 1 TB HDD here. Can you credit me the price difference." They acknowledge they changed the description and tell me they are "escalating it up to management". 6 days pass and I contact again and they decline my request for the difference in price. Bait and switch whether on purpose or not and refuse to make it right, and Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are over with so not like I can go with different vendor. I would not have purchased this item if it had the correct description.

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, and I'd welcome an opportunity to understand more about what happened here in relation to the advertised description of the item.

Resolution response: Dec. 26, 2018

After the corresponding with Helen at Adorama, I have now recieved the equipment as shown when I ordered the camera. They have corrected this oversight to my satisfaction. Thanks Adorama.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered a Pentax KP on Thanksgiving day. Their website showed a free package consisting of 18-55mm lens, sling bag, and strap. I called to verify the free accessories, and was assured they would arrive with the order. When the camera came, no accessories. I called them and emailed them a screenshot of the webpage with said free accessories, and they have not contacted me at all. They have lost me as a customer for good.

Adorama Camera response

Thank you for your order from Adorama Camera, Randy, although I was deeply concerned to read that this was your experience and I'd welcome an opportunity to understand more about what happened here.

Can you please email me with your original order number, and this will have my early attention.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased the Uzi Tactical Defender #8 (tactical pen) and was excited when it arrived promptly. However, the pen was defective and wrote poorly. It was difficult to remove the pen refill and I contacted customer service and was told Adorama has limited information about the items they sell. I was told to contact the manufacturer (who also couldn't help me and sent me back to Adorama). When I was finally able to remove the pen refill, it was apparent the ink inside the refill leaked all over the interior of the pen making a huge mess and causing issues with the opening and closing of the pen. Since I threw away the box and packaging it came in there is no chance in returning it now. I posted a negative review on the Adorama site and they would not post the review to the item page!

I was disappointed in the pen, but after noticing that Adorama didn't even publish my review I am even more disappointed. Perhaps other negative reviews were deleted from Adorama and had I read them, I would not have wasted my money with the purchase. I think that companies that edit and delete negative reviews are dishonest and I can't shop with a company I can't trust. I wish I had read about Adorama online before I made my purchase. It seems this is a common practice with the company.

Adorama Camera response
Mauro; we do NOT delete reviews. The posting of reviews is sub-contracted out to an external company. NOBODY employed directly by Adorama Camera has anything whatsoever to do with uploading or removing or customer reviews.

The review cannot have been "removed" because it was never uploaded.

Please send a copy of your review to me directly: Helen@adorama.com, I will make inquiries with the company which deals with the reviews to find out when they expect to upload it.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

First let me tell you that Adorama has no US phone number. All the phone calls are directed to Philippines. So I placed an order of two lenses and I paid $49.99 for VIP360 to have it delivered in 2 days. They didn't even bother to send the lenses until the 2nd day when they were supposed to be delivered. I called, talked to Stacy ** and she sent me an email assuring me that I will get my package in 2 days. Of course they never did. So a few days later, I called, asked for a supervisor and she said it's gonna take 1 to 2 business days for them to get me the refund.

2 days later I called AGAIN and they didn't even start the process. When I asked to talk to that supervisor again, they said she is "engaged with another customer", and when I said that I will wait, the person I talked to told me that the supervisor just finished her shift and she left the office. I said: "3 minutes ago she was with another customer". "But she just left", the person answered me. So when I asked her what about my refund of $837, she told me that Department is closed but "BE ASSURED" that tomorrow morning you will have your refund. I am so tired of their lies.

Adorama Camera response
I was deeply concerned to read the description of your experience, Calin, and I'd welcome an opportunity to look into the issues you raised in your feedback.

Can you please email me with your order number, and I can assure you that this will have my early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I would like to apprise you of the damaged laptop (MacBook Pro 15 TouchBar 2018) that I have received in my order. It was already a tough task for me to order a laptop from Adorama. My order was canceled thrice and my card was charged twice. After receiving the laptop finally, I set up my laptop and after that, I was locked out of my laptop multiple times. The screen started flickering as well in the laptop at the lower bottom. I contacted Apple Care and they told me it is most likely a component failure. Now, the laptop is not turning on at all and I am left with no words. I have never had such a terrible experience. I have spent 2100 on an online purchase but never expected the same. I have contacted the Apple support care with respect to this issue. They told me to contact you and probably for a replacement. Kindly initiate the refund/replace process for the same.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Before today I thought Adorama was a reputable photography site with good customer service. Now I'm not sure. I signed up for their VIP membership last year but decided I wasn't using the benefits and canceled auto renewal. Although auto renewal showed it was off, my membership set to expire, today I was charged and renewal turned itself back on in the process. This feels like a form of cramming. J. was the first representative I spoke with and immediately asked me to repeat myself, rather than reading the thorough information I'd already provided, my request for a refund, and to have auto renewal canceled for real this time.

J. said he could see my membership was scheduled to cancel. I pointed out that's strange for me to be charged when it shows cancel on their end as well. J. said he'd resolve the issue, I was surprised when he disconnected himself from the chat without notice or resolving the issues. C. was the next representative I spoke with and was more helpful. He was able to review the previous chat (per my request) and didn't require me to retype everything. C. said he scheduled a refund for me and turned auto renew off again.

Since I was charged, even with it off and no credit card info showing stored in my account, I wanted something in writing this time. With persistence, C. eventually sent me a manually typed confirmation email that I'll receive a refund and auto renew is really off this time. In the end they said this issue "might" be on their end, even though they confirmed that on their end it also showed I was set to cancel -- before their system renewed me anyways without permission. Also concerning, they said they'll fix this "if" the problem is on their end. (The problem is on their end, a customer can only cancel auto renew and remove the card on file, there is nothing else the customer can do.) I don't plan to shop with Adorama anymore after my experiences today.

Dear Craig

I was concerned to see this; checking the system I see the following:
VIP from: 2017-11-14
VIP Expiration: 2018-11-14

VIP Renew: No

Although you opted out, a glitch our system caused your card to be charged for renewal.
You contacted us 11/12/18 & your VIP360 was canceled & refunded immediately.
Please accept my deepest apologies for the dissatisfaction caused.

Adorama Camera Company Information