Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Adorama Camera Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Concerning any bad reviews here, I have had to return 3 lenses totaling over 7K in the last month, and they quickly refunded everything back no questions asked. They also credited me 200 bucks, the difference, on a camera I purchased almost a month ago when it went on sale last week. Seriously, Adorama has quickly returned and credited my credit card on several items that I purchased in error as a somewhat newbie. I do everything on their website, but I have called them a few times. They are New Yorkers, and some of them might come across as a little rough around the edges in New York fashion, but they are professional and care about helping me with the best deal. They even worked on breaking apart a bundle deal for me because I had already purchased another item.

I have never had a single problem over the last six weeks making about 15 purchases totaling about 13K, many returns made by mistake, getting refunded, or shipping. I only regret not purchasing their awesome VIP360 membership which I will do tomorrow if they can cover my recent purchases (they have never said no to me). They also have great support, a learning center, Adorama TV, and so many more benefits. Seriously, as a big Amazon shopper, I buy all my camera gear and lighting from Adorama only. They are also a big company with many customers, but some people are just never happy no matter what you do for them. Some of the negative comments here are suspect for me because of my experience with Adorama, and they don’t deserve some of the comments made here.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Great Experience with the Adorama Repair department. A lens I purchased from Adorama broke, and they were quick to step in and help me get it fixed. I want to thank David ** in that department for exceptional customer service. I feel like he really was able to expedite the service and quickly resolve the issue.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a used Canon f 2.8 70=200mm non is in G condition. I got it for $899 in 2015. He was VERY honest, told me apon "the used dept" doing inspection it would be low demand they had like 20 in used stock already!!! I tried to sell this lens for 1 yr. No bites. It was banged up, scratched, but it was perfect glass, operational. I think he said $350 cash or trade. I dropped my drink...whattt???? I took $630 approx for the trade instead. I got TAMRON 16-300mm used prob dozen times. Clean. You cannot get ripped off, or angry if you say yes>? He said "We can ship it back if you prefer not to do a deal". So stop making noise..they were totally honest. Frankly I kicked myself for waiting.. I was stuck with a giant beast..and depreciation!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: April 1, 2020

Adorama promised lowest and bang for buck items online, However when received the shipment it looked like garbage and damaged in all sides. However inside the box it was decent. Soon found out that product had fault and asked for replacement which is not at all fast (compare to Amazon or other stores). So asked for Refund.

After series of emails and calls I got written email that refund will be issued. After weeks of no refund checked with Adorama, now they say you will get store credit and no information of this was passed on to me. Then I asked for reverting this store credit to my credit card used, now new information that I will be getting cheque instead of fund transfer to my credit card. Somewhere I read in this forum that issued cheque was not accepted by bank. This seems going nowhere to me. Any help please!

Adorama Camera response

I apologize that this has not been a smooth and efficient process. I escalated this to our Customer Service manager to review how this was handled and why no one had given you an update.

Checking on your order, it looks like we had every intention of refunding it back to your credit card. However, due to technical issues we couldn't process it and so we sent you a check instead. If you encounter any issues with the check, please let me know. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Original review: March 22, 2020

Made more than $1,500.00 in purchases in March 2020 to get an entire new line of camera equipment. I got most of my products and thought all was well. A week or so later and a macro lens kit (three lenses) arrived. The smallest of the lenses, the +1, was smeared and had a thumb print on it. That lens was not in a sealed packet like the other two lenses. I cleaned the lens, then noticed the threads on the lens were worn.

Being suspicious of other products from Adorama, I took the last photo from the camera and uploaded to a utility on the Pentax website (since this was a Pentax camera). That utility is meant to tell the shutter count on a camera. My new camera should have had zero or a very low number (maybe in testing it at the company), but instead I found the number to be way higher than what should be expected on a new camera. I believe, like that macro lens, I was sold a used product and charged for a new item.

I tried contacting Adorama and nobody responded to my inquiries. I posted a question on their Facebook page on 20200322, simply asking if others had noticed this with the gear they bought from Adorama (paid for new, got used). I then shared my experience of the sales this month. Nowhere did I slam the company or say anything bad - I simply asked a question of others and shared my experience. Within minutes, that post was removed by Adorama. I assume they didn't want anyone hearing of another's concerns over this type of matter. Interesting that their Facebook page does not allow for Reviews either. Maybe they are hiding bad business practices!

I again tried contacting Adorama to inquire about a return. Since I had already opened up the packages for extra batteries and charged them and since I had used the camera (about ten pictures) - would I get a 100% refund. Nothing! No response! I tried using their Facebook page, a form on their website and an email - NOTHING! I tried their chat, but it's down - probably for the weekend. I run a photography group in my town - probably 200 people or so. Like my post on Adorama's site - I did not blast this company or tell anyone not to shop with them. I simply told people of my experience of spending a lot of money for new products and then received used products. Many people have already expressed surprise and concern that a company with such a well-known name would conduct such business practices.

I have a lot of other equipment in this sale - two lenses for example. How do I know if these are new or used? They don't look scuffed or anything, but neither did the camera. Those lenses, like the camera were in bubble wrap, but not sealed in any way. To anyone reading this - just be careful and aware that you may get a used product for the cost of a new product from Adorama. Should you buy a camera - do an Internet search to learn how you can check the shutter count on your camera. Every major camera manufacturer has a utility for their line of cameras to do this. Don't settle for a used camera if you bought it at new prices.

As of this writing - this matter is not resolved. I spent some time checking on reviews online about Adorama - which I should have done prior to this sale. I didn't because I've purchased other items at Adorama over the years. I wonder now how many of those items were actually used instead of new. I also didn't check prior to my purchase because so many major review sites rave about Adorama. However, the reviews I looked at today are from consumers. Not good! Many, and I mean many, give Adorama a rating of one. Many also have complained about getting used items at new prices. What a shame! That a company of this size, and one raved about by so many camera company websites, conducts business in this way. Other people, by the way, have expressed major concerns about the customer service at Adorama being very poor. I'm seeing that very thing right now. Yes, what a shame!

Hi Gilbert,

I apologize if you did not receive an immediate response. We were closed on Saturday and so when you sent your message we were only able to get to it on Sunday.

Per our conversation yesterday, I had advised that you can initiate the return of your items by logging into your Adorama account. If you have additional questions, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Sincerely,

Adorama CS Ambassador

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I am going to get camera lens about $3,000 but there is some issue about their verification s/w for my order. I want to solve verification. So I sent both sides of my credit card and statement. But their answer was just, "Your order is canceled." I just want to know about verification. I WILL NOT BUY HERE ANYMORE.

Hi Jongseok,

I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with our Verification. Can you please provide me with your order number so I can review what happened? My email is nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward,

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2020

The problem was resolved this morning, though my impression still remains the same. I do not enjoy giving harsh feedback being in business for myself as well. But the payment resolution needs to be fine tuned to make sure anyone anywhere is able to receive the funds that are offered. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make Paypal an option in these situations.

As for selling my equipment? I have updated my review by 2 stars because, although the problems occurred, I was paid top offer for my equipment and it is partially my own fault not owning a bank account with an FDIC franchised establishment. Not everyone has access to Citibank, and if you intend to sell to Adaroma you should locate a Citibank near you in advance to confirm it is a viable option. Otherwise be prepared to have a checking account and wait the 10-14 days for the check to clear. Again (Adorama) It wouldn't hurt to incorporate Paypal as a method to pay your customers selling you equipment. It's fast, easy. Records are kept on your account for years for tax purposes. It is a viable business option.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Sent my Sony FS5 Mark 2 worth $5,248.00 new. Offered $2,205.00 after waiting 2 weeks for inspection. They send my check and my mobile bank app did not accept the check. Paypal did not accept the check. Went to the Currency Exchange and they would not accept the check. Went to Walmart and then Kroger and they could not read the check. Drove the hour to my bank and my bank did not accept the check. Called them back and I have been waiting 2 more weeks and have not been paid.

Hi Casey,

I was so sorry to see that this has been unresolved. I have escalated this to the Trade manager for review and immediate action. I'll email you directly once I have their response.

Sincerely,

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Please DO NOT do business with this company...I cancelled an order on 2/1/20 and am still getting the run around to get this item removed from my account. I have spoken to numerous CS reps and not one of them knows what they are talking about, as I get different answers from each person. I have talked to 3 supervisors that assured me they would resolve the issue, yet still remains as an open order on my account. I was contacted via email from Nancy **, who apologized and assured me that she would look into getting this matter resolved...yeah right....

It has been 18 days now and it is STILL not resolved.. I once again called Adorama and asked to speak to a supervisor, I was placed on hold for 12 minutes and then the CS rep came back and said that the supervisor (Nancy **) refused to take my call stating she would look into it and get back to me..I then asked to speak to a Manager and was told they were all busy and was assured one would call me back before the end of of the day...Not surprising that I never heard back from the manager. I don't feel that Nancy should be in the position of Ambassador CS if she can't and won't address and resolve issues that arise. I have cancelled my credit account with Adorama and will NEVER do business with them again...Funny thing is...I went on B&H website, found the same item, 50.00 cheaper, ordered it and had it in 4 days...They have definitely earned by business from now on.

Hi Renee,

Per our conversation on a social media site, you didn't want to receive any response regarding the resolution of the issue and so out of respect, I didn't send you one. When you called on Monday, I really couldn't have taken your call as I worked remotely and was not at the office. I deeply regret that you weren't able to receive a call from one of our managers and understand your decision to stop considering Adorama for your future purchases after this unwelcome experience. -- Nancy

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchased a camera from Adorama in February 2019. The warranty program that I purchased was through New Leaf. The warranty program was to cover ANY damages in case it was dropped or broken. I dropped the camera in June 2019. It is almost February 2020, I have written, I have called Adorama and New Leaf more than 20 times. I have not gotten any callbacks, I have not had this issue resolved. They are nonresponsive. Every time I call they say they've escalated it. Which has been nothing more than a complete put off. I would never trust this company or its warranty program on a future purchase again.

Hi Daniel,

I apologize that you haven't gotten this warranty issue resolved. If you can please email me your order number, I'd like to review what happened ansd see how I can help. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to your response.

Nancy Miller,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Purchased used in "Very good" condition. Used discount was $90 cheaper than buying new, but it was missing $80 worth of parts. Adorama return policy on used equipment does not refund the original cost of shipping - even though they sold an incomplete item. Shame shame shame. BUYER BEWARE ON BUYING USED EQUIPMENT FROM ADORAMA.

Hi Jeff,

I was sorry to see this review regarding your most recent purchase. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order number so I can review what happened? My email is nancym@adoram.com

Looking forward to your response,

Adorama Camera Company Information