Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

Adorama Camera Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Resolution response: Feb. 19, 2021

After complaining again with the company, they review the case and proceed with a full refund since they realized that what is the right thing to do. I had purchased a lot of gear from Adorama in the last year and to be fair and honest this is the first time I have a problem with them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I ordered a CANON EF-M 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 IS STM LENS for Canon Mirrorless Cameras but I received a regular EF S 18-55MM Kit lens. I put a claim for Adorama, but they ask for I send back the lens they sent wrong to me at my own cost before any refund. The cost of shipping this thing back is greater than what I paid. Also, the EF S 18-55MM Kit lens sells for $29 see attached picture and the price I paid was $69.00 plus shipping. In the attached invoice ** the item was wrongly packaged and identified by item number **. I am an international customer that trust Adorama and now I am stuck with a product I did not ordered and even more expensive than its regular price. At least I would like to receive the refund of the difference for what I paid $72.75 minus $29.00 that is the price for what I received. Adorama offers me a refund after I send the lens back, something almost impossible due to the logistics involved.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I have ordered several items from Adorama that I could not obtain locally. The Glow line of soft boxes and beauty dishes are outstanding. The customer service is professional, polite and knows the photography business. They allow me to track the progress of my order online and the website states whether or not an item is in stock. I rarely trade in anything so not sure why that service seems to be an issue with them.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I was looking to sell 5x set of camera equipment. I got an initial quote of $800 (equipment and condition info was provided) and being that they say that they give 70% of the resale value of the merchandise, I opted to go with them. After submitting everything to them, they came back and said the resale value was $500 for everything. I asked why there was such a big discrepancy in the initial value, and they got back to me saying that one of the item info that I submitted for quotation was a more recent version. This could not have explained the large discrepancy.

I had another quote from another reputable site (KEH) that valued the total items to being effectively $800 and the price of the item that Adorama says explains the large discrepancy is only worth $182. The rep who assisted me kept cutting me off and would not let me speak. The rep then increased the price by $50 and made it seem like he was doing me a "favor", which I do not appreciate this type of approach (i.e. overpromise, underdeliver, and say that they they are doing me a favor). I would highly discourage anyone from using Adorama as I do not find their practice to be honest.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Please consider not buying from Adorama. They stole over $300 from me. I purchased an item online that never came and Adorama refused to issue me a refund. After dealing with customer service for over 3 months the company has simply refused to make this situation right and re-ship me my order or issue me a refund. Having stolen $300 from me I can't recommend anyone to buy from this company. Buyer beware.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

My husband ordered a drone for me for Christmas. We chose a specific bundle because it came with a suite of software. Adorama FAILS to mention that this software is not for Mac. NOWHERE does it say “this software is for Windows only.” We contacted the company asking to switch the bundle items because we were not given an informed decision. They verified the software is not for Mac but REFUSED to fix this unless I packed up the drone and sent it back! I shouldn’t have to send my drone back for them to send me a 128gb micro SD card and camera/drone backpack. Oh, and I should mention, the software serial numbers they sent don’t work on Windows either. THEY ARE EXPIRED.

Hi Abby,

I would like to apologize for the insufficient details on our listing and the subpar service you were provided.

I reached out to our product team and they said we have a different software bundle that may work with your Mac. I sent you an email with the link to the product. Please let me know if this will work for you and I can request to have this sent. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

nancym@adorama.com

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Purchased some items from them as well as their Adorama 360 membership. Tried to send something back and decided to refund me $0.02 on $255.00. So I guess they charge $250 for the shipping label. All the items they sent me while specifying new, did not appear to be new items. Guess this is how they handle customers now. Should have read the reviews before I shopped there.

Hi Shawn,

I was concerned after reading your feedback regarding your returned order. I would welcome an opportunity to look into what happened and see how I can help resolve this. If you have a minute, can you please email me your order number at nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Stay away from Adorama if you would like to purchase an item and have them send it to the address you need to ship it to as a birthday present! I ordered a stereo system to be shipped to a relative for a birthday present early on Friday 1/15/2021 to be delivered to the relative's house. I get an email late the next day that stated they were putting the sale on hold to shortly cancel it because of some verification issue. I wrote back an email to let me know ASAP how to clear up the verification so this item could be shipped ASAP and arrive before the birthdate.

I got a follow-up email that stated they could only ship it personally. I just a knee replaced am not able to walk yet, let alone carry the box with home electronics to a UPS Store. So if you buy at Adorama, they will not ship where you need it delivered, but expect you to incur the charge personally to ship it to where you need it delivered. Nowhere on their website in the shipping session does it mention they refuse to ship it other than to your billing address. I guess that also covers if you are on a business trip, you can't order something and have it delivered to you. Adorama is the Donald Trump of camera stores.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I bought a Flashpoint Light XPro 300. Battery dies after 30 days. Adorama refused to replace it until I buy a new battery ($169). It's unacceptable. I have changed my opinion about Adorama. I will never buy on this company.

Hi Jose,

I was concerned after reading your review regarding your most recent experience with Adorama. If you have a minute, can you please email me your order details so I can look into what happened here? My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Absolutely dreadful experience. Ordered a lens on the Friday, on Sunday tracking said it was boxed and ready to ship on the next business day (Monday). Monday is when it all went wrong... It didn't ship on the Monday, so I contacted on Tuesday asking why... Was given all sorts of excuses from then on from: 'we're trying to locate the parcel', 'we're still trying to locate the parcel' to 'it didn't ship on Monday but it shipped on Wednesday, we promise'. Meanwhile all the time the Fedex tracking told the true story - it hadn't shipped!! I checked in with their so-called customer service daily asking where is my parcel only to be repeatedly told 'it's shipped on the Wednesday'. Fedex tracking told a different tale all the time, it hadn't shipped.! I rang Fedex also, who confirmed it hadn't shipped.

It STILL hasn't shipped to this day (the following Tuesday). It's well over a week since ordering and since getting definite notification that it was actually boxed and ready to ship... and it still hasn't shipped !! And they have no clue where the parcel is... I know something has shipped when a 3rd party courier actually confirms this, I'm going to take a statement "It shipped the other day" with a pinch of salt until I get confirmation by the courier.

BY the way this isn't some low cost item, we're talking $700 of product. I've had to get Paypal involved to get my money back from this bunch of complete amateurs, their so-called customer service is a joke, they don't know where the stock is at any one point in time... Any decent retailer can tell precisely where a bought item is: at the picking stage, at the packing stage, ready to ship, shipped, on its actual way, delivered. They don't contact you back, you have to do all the chasing... and it gets you absolutely nowhere anyway!

MY ADVICE IS TO AVOID THIS RETAILER LIKE THE PLAGUE, they don't deliver, they can't deliver and their customer service sucks in the worst way possible, they don't know what to do when something goes wrong... They do NOTHING to make it right, and the customer has to do ALL the chasing, every single step of the way. To cap it off the refund now has to be authorised and checked ???, when they know full well the parcel never shipped??!! (100% Provable by a 3rd party (FEDEX.) I won't buy from this place ever again, that's for sure. Just so you know this is a genuine purchase My order number is **.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2020

I was too harsh with Adorama. I received all my products in good condition, and that's what really matters.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

FedEx made me pay $64.50 for the shipping then some exorbitant customs fees 170 euros that was like a bad surprise! I was never told I would pay 170 euros after the $64.50 for the shipping. This is insane! (I'm from France). I'll never buy on Adorama again. Amazon is way better than you. 224 euros to ship a $912 product, seriously Adorama?!

Very unhappy with you,

Steven

Hi Steven,

I was sorry to read about your review regarding your most recent order.

We do state on our site that international shipments are subject to import fees, duties, and taxes (which are levied once a shipment reaches the destination country) in addition to the brokerage fees/custom clearance charges that may be imposed by the carrier. These charges must be borne by the recipient. Adorama has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they might be.

Sincerely,