3.37/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Adorama Camera Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a used Canon f 2.8 70=200mm non is in G condition. I got it for $899 in 2015. He was VERY honest, told me apon "the used dept" doing inspection it would be low demand they had like 20 in used stock already!!! I tried to sell this lens for 1 yr. No bites. It was banged up, scratched, but it was perfect glass, operational. I think he said $350 cash or trade. I dropped my drink...whattt???? I took $630 approx for the trade instead. I got TAMRON 16-300mm used prob dozen times. Clean. You cannot get ripped off, or angry if you say yes>? He said "We can ship it back if you prefer not to do a deal". So stop making noise..they were totally honest. Frankly I kicked myself for waiting.. I was stuck with a giant beast..and depreciation!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I rarely write these types of reviews for companies but due to the service I received, I feel I need to tell a great experience with Adorama customer service. I had been tracking prices for the Canon M50 Video Creator kit which includes the camera, 32GB SD Card and a mic for the past year. In Dec 2018, Adorama had the best prices for the kit with free shipping and no taxes so I pulled the trigger. I saw that the kit itself was out of stock and I was ok for whenever it came back in stock. I had actually ordered this kit mid-2018 from B&H and it was out of stock but after 1 month, I canceled the order. I didn't know what to expect with Adorama but I was at least willing to wait 1 month.

In about 1.5 weeks, a rep named Jessie contacted me by phone and email. They said the kit was out of stock and asked if they could send me the individual pieces of the kit (camera, SD card and mic) instead. I was amazed that a company even cared that I got my product in time to offer an alternate solution. I was the one that ordered out of stock so Adorama did not owe me anything to separate the items out. I took their offer and just got the entire package today. I am amazed at their customer service. I've never had this type of treatment before. I know I was a bit concerned about ordering from Adorama initially due to online reviews but after this experience, I felt I owed a positive experience so people can see that it's not bad at all. It was actually beyond what I expected. I will for sure order directly from them for any future camera needs. They have a customer for life.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service on the website is fast and outstanding. They helped me even though my order was difficult. At first I forgot to put in an order through my student ID, then they helped me process a reversal where a package would be intercepted and refunded for me to re-order. Then, I realized there was no student discount on my order, so I asked to cancel the interception, which they have been nothing but helpful with in quickly contacting UPS. They put up with my idiotic behavior and assisted me with professionalism and haste and truly demonstrated exceptional customer service in all aspects of my support today. Cara ** and Albert ** are the real MVPs and deserve raises for putting up with me and my dumbness.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I placed an international order on a Skywatcher Star-Adventurer Astro package last September 27. I used my debit card as mode of payment. As soon as I proceed to checkout, the payment was already taken from my account. However, after an hour or so, my order got cancelled by Adorama. Their reason was this: "It had become necessary for us to cancel your order due to information not verifying with the bank which issued the card." But the bank already sent me a notification confirming the transaction, and a total amount of $433.25 (Php 23,331.60 in Philippine Peso) was already taken from my account.

I emailed their customer service regarding this and they said that they only charge an account once the order ships out. But in their FAQ, it is clearly stated that: "If paying by Debit or Check Card, the funds are authorized as soon as the order is placed, which may affect the availability of funds in the account." I am disappointed since it's my first transaction with them. Hope I can get my refund as soon as possible.

Hi Bryan,

I was sorry to read about your experience on your first order with us. If you have a moment, can you please send me your order number so I can review it. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to your response,

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I purchased the Matrox Monarch encoder from Adorama a year ago. I paid $945.00 for the encoder. I decided to go with the Black Magic Web Design Presenter and contacted Adorama to see if they would be interested in buying back the Matrox Monarch encoder. The guy, Avi, told me that I would probably be offered in the neighborhood of $400-$450. My equipment is in great shape. I take pride on taking care of my equipment. Today I received an email from Adorama offering me $225 for my Matrox Monarch encoder. I told them that I was no longer interested and wanted them to send my equipment back to me immediately. Evidently they thought I was hard up being that I called a few times to check on the progress of the appraisal. They just lost a customer forever.

Hi Mark,

I was concerned to see the review you left here on Consumer Affairs and Google as well as the email you sent me regarding your experience with our Trade team. I immediately escalated this to the department manager for review and they should have already contacted you.

If there is anything else that I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Adorama CS Ambassador

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Amazon messed my payment up and cancelled original order to end up placing me with these guys. I was going to cancel the order instantly when I found out then they assured me that it would be coming most likely before ship date. After going back and forth slowly getting info I find out my order is being dropped shipped by them. I call the manufacturer for the item and they then tell me my order is not coming for some time. Something that should have original took two days ended up taking over a week to be cancelled.

Well the manufacturer they were purchasing from CyberPowerpc understand the need and rush for my laptop and immediately cancelled. I called them and asked if they could cancel the order and speed up the return as well and they just gave me some generic it will take 1 to 2 business days bs. And could not even manage to express an interest in the situation just "yeah ugh we emailed them so yeah.." type response. I'm sitting with no laptop for school listened to their associate who kept assuring me day after day that the item would come and when it didn't oh well and no sorry and definitely not a little urgency to try and proficiently get my damn money back $23** just you could purchase a another computer while you wait..like I've got another 23 hundred lying around for school.

I've never felt with anything like this I had to pry info on my order. I've sent so many emails trying to get things to move faster with them and not once have they done anything to go out of their way for consumer convenience. Useless for real I'm sorry to anyone else having to deal with these people. They literally said my order shipped on Amazon the next day after I ordered it lol. So I can't even click cancel I try and end it on the site it tried sending me a return label lol. All about that rating instead of letting real times show. Their associate tried lying about that as well and said the Amazon time means how long they have until it needs to ship... I'm sorry but it literally says expected delivery date haha oh man I just want my money back from the upgrade shipping and especially the 2300 sitting in limbo the last week thanks for holding my money and ruining my grade why did I trust you people.

Hi Ryan,

I was so sorry to read the description of your experience.

Please accept my apology for the way your order was handled. We would welcome an opportunity to look into what went wrong here, but are unable to ID your order without additional details. If you have a moment, can you please send me your order number? My email address is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to your response,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I still have not heard back from them after they agreed to ship back a Canon 5D Mark II. They offered me half of the estimated value they give me over the phone. It seemed like a bait a switch but now it's more like THEFT since they HAVE NOT SENT BACK MY CAMERA and additional items I sent them to be "inspected." YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Hi Ronaldo,

I was sorry to read your feedback about your experience with our Trade team. If you have a moment, can you please send me your quote number so I can check on the status of your item and also review your interaction.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I ordered a guitar from Adorama, but I received an incorrect item. Adorama customer service refused to admit I had received the wrong item. They refused to do anything until I contacted my credit company. I sent pictures and they still insisted that it was the correct item (obviously, you never showed the pictures to a guitar player). I told customer service when I originally called that it was Fender’s mistake since the serial numbers matched but it was the wrong guitar. I was honest with Adorama and they implied I was lying. I have all the e-mails to prove what I say and I will continue to say it every chance that I get.

Hi Bob,

I was concerned to read your feedback here on Consumer Affairs, Google, Trust Pilot and Yelp regarding your most recent order and had asked the Customer Service manager to review your interaction with our team.

I have sent you a direct email with additional information.

Sincerely,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Was quoted $900.00 on phone to sell my Nikon D810 plus $100.00 on Battery Pack prior to inspection. This camera was sent into Nikon not too long ago, cleaned up looking beautiful, low clicks. Adorama received camera and said they only pay 60-70% of the value. I was not told that from original conversation. What a waste of time. Then they say you can get more on trade-in. That's what I originally was going to do for the right number but the conversation got weird and I was done. They offer me $50.00 for my time. They can stick it up their **. My time is more valuable. They know what they are doing thinking people make the effort to box up a camera and will accept low ball pricing. Cancelled my Adorama credit card this morning and off to B&H.

Hi,

It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had with our Trade In department.

I have immediately notified them to look into this but we're unable to ID your transaction without additional information. If you have a minute, could you please email me at nancym@adorama.com?

Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused and looking forward to hearing from you.

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2019

The problem has finally been resolved. But I will not be doing business with them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

They agreed to purchase my Canon 50D for $150 and sent me a shipping label. I sent them the camera in early July 2019 and they acknowledged receipt of the camera on July 15, 2019. Instead of sending me a check, they asked me to contact a person named Isaac to discuss the transaction. I have tried to contact Isaac on several occasions but was only able to leave a voicemail. They have not returned my calls and when I call I cannot reach a real person to speak to. They now have my camera and haven't paid me for it. I consider these people thieves.

Hi David,

I am very sorry that it long quite a way for this issue to be resolved.

I already escalated this issue to our Trade-in Team to avoid this from happening in the future. I am hoping that you can also update your star-rating here with your recent experience.

If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me at nancym@adorama.com

Adorama Camera Company Information