Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Adorama Camera Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Concerning any bad reviews here, I have had to return 3 lenses totaling over 7K in the last month, and they quickly refunded everything back no questions asked. They also credited me 200 bucks, the difference, on a camera I purchased almost a month ago when it went on sale last week. Seriously, Adorama has quickly returned and credited my credit card on several items that I purchased in error as a somewhat newbie. I do everything on their website, but I have called them a few times. They are New Yorkers, and some of them might come across as a little rough around the edges in New York fashion, but they are professional and care about helping me with the best deal. They even worked on breaking apart a bundle deal for me because I had already purchased another item.

I have never had a single problem over the last six weeks making about 15 purchases totaling about 13K, many returns made by mistake, getting refunded, or shipping. I only regret not purchasing their awesome VIP360 membership which I will do tomorrow if they can cover my recent purchases (they have never said no to me). They also have great support, a learning center, Adorama TV, and so many more benefits. Seriously, as a big Amazon shopper, I buy all my camera gear and lighting from Adorama only. They are also a big company with many customers, but some people are just never happy no matter what you do for them. Some of the negative comments here are suspect for me because of my experience with Adorama, and they don’t deserve some of the comments made here.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Great Experience with the Adorama Repair department. A lens I purchased from Adorama broke, and they were quick to step in and help me get it fixed. I want to thank David ** in that department for exceptional customer service. I feel like he really was able to expedite the service and quickly resolve the issue.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a used Canon f 2.8 70=200mm non is in G condition. I got it for $899 in 2015. He was VERY honest, told me apon "the used dept" doing inspection it would be low demand they had like 20 in used stock already!!! I tried to sell this lens for 1 yr. No bites. It was banged up, scratched, but it was perfect glass, operational. I think he said $350 cash or trade. I dropped my drink...whattt???? I took $630 approx for the trade instead. I got TAMRON 16-300mm used prob dozen times. Clean. You cannot get ripped off, or angry if you say yes>? He said "We can ship it back if you prefer not to do a deal". So stop making noise..they were totally honest. Frankly I kicked myself for waiting.. I was stuck with a giant beast..and depreciation!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchased a camera from Adorama in February 2019. The warranty program that I purchased was through New Leaf. The warranty program was to cover ANY damages in case it was dropped or broken. I dropped the camera in June 2019. It is almost February 2020, I have written, I have called Adorama and New Leaf more than 20 times. I have not gotten any callbacks, I have not had this issue resolved. They are nonresponsive. Every time I call they say they've escalated it. Which has been nothing more than a complete put off. I would never trust this company or its warranty program on a future purchase again.

Hi Daniel,

I apologize that you haven't gotten this warranty issue resolved. If you can please email me your order number, I'd like to review what happened ansd see how I can help. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to your response.

Nancy Miller,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
          Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Purchased used in "Very good" condition. Used discount was $90 cheaper than buying new, but it was missing $80 worth of parts. Adorama return policy on used equipment does not refund the original cost of shipping - even though they sold an incomplete item. Shame shame shame. BUYER BEWARE ON BUYING USED EQUIPMENT FROM ADORAMA.

Hi Jeff,

I was sorry to see this review regarding your most recent purchase. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order number so I can review what happened? My email is nancym@adoram.com

Looking forward to your response,

Adorama CS Ambassador

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I ordered this lens when it was on sale for $399.95, just to find out that Adorama is charging me the full price. I am still disputing this with them, but I am tired of the wasted time on phone calls and e-mails so even though I bought from them before and didn't have a problem, this time was a bad experience and I will never again do business with them.

Hi Gabriel,

I was sorry to read your feedback about your most recent order. If you have a minute, can you please send me your order number so I can review what happened here?

Looking forward to your response.

nancym@adorama.com

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased the brand New printer at Adorama.com. At the end of last December, I had some networking issues with the printer so I contacted the Ricoh customer support. However, they couldn’t troubleshoot the issue because they said the printer was already registered by someone in New Jersey. I wondered how the warranty for the new printer was registered by someone else even though it's a brand new one. So I contacted Adorama and explained what had happened. They said they will investigate the case.

On the following day, they emailed me that they just updated the warranty information instead of giving me the investigation result about why the new printer was already registered by someone in NJ. I didn't ask for warranty update or give permission to release my information for warranty updates. I called them and they said that some models come with some warranty time preloaded, which I have never heard of.

I called Ricoh customer service and asked if it’s the case. They said they had never heard of such things and the warranty should be registered by a buyer/end-user. They added that it is illegal for vendors to update warranty information using customers' personal information without permission. They said the printer would have been returned/refurbished and sold it as a new one. Also, they said Ricoh never registers any products in the warranty before selling them. Adorama still insists it’s a new printer. Even though it’s obvious that they sold the used printer as a new one, they said I can’t return the printer and refused to issue because the 30-day return period had already passed. And now I am stuck with the printer that does not work at all.

Hi Eddie,

I was concerned after reading your review here on Consumer Affairs as well as on Trust Pilot, Reseller Ratings and Yelp.

I've notified our product team of your feedback and will be reviewing this case with them.

Sincerely,

nancym@adorama.com

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I ordered an Instax square camera on 12/20/2019 and paid for 3-5 day shipping. It is 1/2/2020 and the package has still not arrived. I was not giving an estimated delivery, as I was only allowed to view updates. On 12/30 my package was in Nashville, less than an hour from my home. Today, they updated that my package is now in Alabama. I called customer service and they were no help. Very displeased with the company, next time I'll save myself time and trouble and shop somewhere else.

Hi J,

I'm sorry that you still have not received your package and our customer service team was unable to help. Please allow me to check what happened to your order, if you can please send me your order number. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Sincerely,

Resolution response: Dec. 27, 2019

Happily Adorama offered the next upgrade speaker to replace those I waited for. They are on the way and I could not be more pleased. It was worth the wait and I believe it was not any fault of Adorama. The speaker is not available any longer on their site.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Adorama offered a good price on Heos 5 Speakers. I ordered 2 units with PayPal. CS Responded “on back order. No charge until shipped”. This was May 2019. Every month I received an email “Sorry, still back order”. In July I had to transfer charges to my Visa card when CS said Pay Pal only holds orders 2 months. I did that because I did want the speakers for my new Denon Amp. Finally, a week ago an email tells me “sorry, Heos 5 Are discontinued”. I was offered a maybe discount on some other item TBD. I told CS I had suspicions after a month that this was a bogus ad. A bait and switch perhaps, at any rate nothing occurred to change my opinion. I did note to CS that those speakers appear to be available on Amazon and other sites, so “discontinued “ was an excuse, not a reason.

Maybe Denon dropped Adorama. But I never did get an explanation. CS did say they would like to make this right, but offered no serious solutions. The 7 months period of waiting I ordered several audio items but not from Adorama because I was unhappy about how my order was going. My card was not charged. I did not lose money. But I am not happy either.

Hi Richard,

I was so sorry to read this unpleasant experience you had. I saw that when you placed your order back in May, we had an open order with the manufacturer however we were not given an estimate of when to expect them to arrive. We checked with them regularly but recently found that the item is now discontinued. As soon as we found out, we informed you immediately. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused and I hope you understand it was not our intent to deceive you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I bought a used camera on 12/11/2019 with two day shipping. When I got the email about it and checked the UPS shipping address it showed the arrival date as 12/16/2019. I chatted with customer service and was given this: Used items: Most orders get shipped the same day if received, processed and verified by 1:00 P.M. ET (Eastern Time) Monday - Thursday, and before 8:30 A.M. ET (Eastern Time) on Friday. Orders received after these times or those which require verification (see below) will be processed the next business day. There's no mention of this when you checkout. My order went out on the 12th and should be here on the 14th, that's two days. Be careful buying used equipment from them. The person that I chatted with didn't really seem to care about it and just left the chatroom after saying "I'm sorry."

Hi Ron,

I was concerned after reading about your experience with Adorama.

If you have a moment, can you please email me at nancym@adorama.com with the details of your order, I will personally look into this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Adorama Camera Company Information