1.76/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

253 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution response: Oct. 8, 2018

Customer service contacted me and we were able to resolve the issue. I appreciate them taking the time to work this out.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I sent in a request for a value on my Nikon D610. I received a callback a couple of days later saying that I could receive up to 70% of the resale value of my camera. Frank, the rep, proceeds to tell me that I could be paid up to $700 for my camera if the condition meets what I described because they would sell it in the $900 range. Well they have had my camera for 3 weeks and I just now get the email to tell me my quote is ready. I call and speak to Isaac who doesn't want to help at all and seems like I am an inconvenience to him and he proceeds to tell me that the market value is now $650 and that they will only offer me $450 for my camera. I asked how it was rated and he said "excellent".

This makes no sense at all as they are still selling excellent versions of my camera for $900+, even their fair version with sensor scratch and shutter issues goes for more than $700. There is no possible way my camera is only worth $450 even if paying 70% of the value. All I ask is for companies to be fair and Adorama is not. This process is the worst ever and I would not recommend anyone to do it unless you just want to spend a few weeks without your equipment. I should have read all the reviews beforehand but I thought they would be fair since they are a large nationwide supplier.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I just placed an order today. They sent me the email order was received and will ship soon. Not even an hour later I get another email saying item is in back order. They said item will ship as soon as available. The email also said that I won't be charge until item is shipped. I go check my bank right away and my bank got charge. It makes no sense right? I called customer service. They said the item is in back order and I said, "Then why am I getting charge when the email said I wouldn't be charge unless the item was shipped." I said, "Cancel my order please because I need the item ASAP." She said, "I can do that." So I asked her, "So what's gonna happen with my money?" She said I have to wait 3-7 business days to get it. I ask her why if the item is in back order I have to wait 3-7 business days. Not happy with this company... I DON'T RECOMMEND TO NOOO ONE!!! Won’t give it less stars because I can’t!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I purchased a Cyber Power computer for my son sold by Adorama Camera. It was purchased via Amazon on 9/16/18. I was given the “it’s on the way” email by Amazon delivery date of 9/21/18 well my first notion something was hinky was zero tracking info, so I contacted the seller. Given a delivery date of 8/21/18 no tracking info because they said it was being drop shipped. Oh oh we were hopeful so from 9/24-9/26 my alerts said product delivery by 8pm. Of course it never came. I called again and received a message that the place was closed for some Middle Eastern holiday and would not be open until Oct 3. I contacted Amazon for a third time... My order was never shipped, I called Cyber Power. Guess what? AC is not a verified seller and they are NOT SOLD TO AC at all!

Cyber Power Computers are only sold by their own website, Best Buy no one else. They have been bombarded with fake computers or badly refurbished computers. So they took my money, which Amazon says they will refund eventually and we have no birthday gift because AC stole our money. Shameful! Never buy anything from them!

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to read that this was your experience, Kristi, and messaged our Purchasing Department to try to seek clarification.

I haven't been able to ID your order as you didn't include your order number, but if you'd like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, I will be delighted to assist in any way I can.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I'll start off by saying this, I have no idea how Adorama is still in business. It's truly baffling. What I'm about to tell you, is a consumer horror story. On September 2nd, I ordered as a birthday present to myself... the (used) Canon EF 24-105mm and a lens hood to go along with it. My sister in law had a strong woman competition that coming weekend so I wanted to make sure I had the new lens by then to take it for a spin. The package comes in the mail by that Thursday. Which by the way, I chose something like 2 day shipping. Here's the first part of bs I encountered. The order was submitted the night of September 2nd, which is a Monday. It did not ship, till Tuesday afternoon or evening. I did not get the package till Thursday. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, that's not 2 day shipping. But I digress.

I open the package and see both the Lens and it's accompanying hood. All seems okay so far. Then there's a separate package, for some reason they sent me two lens hoods. I'm like... okay whatever. There was nothing on the site that mentioned the used lens came with a hood but that's okay. I can send it back. Well, I end up having to send the whole thing back. Why? 5-10 seconds into testing the lens out of the box with my 7D, I notice this excruciatingly awful grinding noise. I thought, "this can't be normal." So I pulled out my EF28-135mm lens that I've had for a few years. I tested and listened to its USM. It makes some noise but, nowhere near as bad as this new lens. So I put the 24-105mm back on and listen again. This... grinding noise is just incredibly alarming. So I thought... "okay, this can't be normal, but maybe it's just worn in, maybe that's what I'm hearing, maybe I'm hearing the sound of used."

I took it anyway to my sister in law's competition. Immediately, I'm noticing some issues taking photos. I thought, "well, maybe I'm just used to my other lens." Nope, the more photos I attempt to take the more I realize, none of the images are sharp. I'm outdoors and the ISO is at 150 tops, super fast shutter speed. It couldn't take a clear shot for shot. I get back home and load the photos to analyze them and sure enough, not a single one of them are clear. So I pulled out my tripod, mounted my 7D to it and started with my 28-135mm. I set it on a timer so that it'll be perfectly still. I set up the photo, take a few shots, then I switch it over to the 24-105mm. Exact same settings, sitting perfectly still on the tripod... It. Can. Not. Take. A Clear photo!! WTF!!? Ghosting galore.

So I'm thinking, my gut instincts were right. There is something not right with this lens; and possibly even more disturbing to me is somehow this passed someone's functionality test at Adorama. 10 seconds into me testing it, and I was alarmed. TEN seconds. That's all it took. So my first point is, clearly their used equipment is not tested worth a damn. This is Saturday and I'm furious that I can't do anything about this until Monday. So I immediately contacted Adorama hoping they'd get the message by Sunday or Monday.

I tell them, there's clearly something wrong and for whatever reason, I have two lens hoods. I just need to send them back for simple exchange. They ask me to contact Canon to troubleshoot. Okay, this infuriated me. I broke down all the testing I did on this lens and you're telling me to contact Canon??! GFYS... So I pushed them to create a return label. I filled out the RMA form and 'explicitly' said "I want a replacement lens WITH a lens hood, and only one, if you do not have a replacement lens with a lens hood, I want a full refund." Magically, it gets there in a day... Funny how that works. It took a seven year itch to get to me, but gets to them in 24 hours. Interesting.

So, they have the package for what I believe was about 2-3 business days before I got any email about processing the exchange or refund. An additional business day or two before they actually send the replacement back out. So another 2.5-3 day wait, I get the package. At last, I have a working lens... But something's missing. The lens hood, is nowhere to be found. I begin thinking, does Adorama employee people with visual impairment? Does everyone who works there have ADD? I typed up my directions on the RMA sheet, so there's no excuse to misread handwriting. Or is everyone at Adorama just simply incompetent? Idk. But nonetheless, here I am nearly 3 weeks later and my order still isn't completely fulfilled.

So I contact them... again. This time, no more Mr. Nice guy. I let them have it. I'll be honest, I rarely cuss people out. I unloaded and I got them to not only send me a lens hood at no cost, but I made them Next Day air it. So why am I still mad? They send me two tracking numbers. I got one of the lens hoods in the mail today, the 25th, and another one is coming again tomorrow? Like... how does that even happen? Not to mention, it was definitely NOT next day air. So what am I doing with the extra lens hood? I'm selling it to a local camera store for $5 and buying myself a nice bottle of beer. I need it after the bs I went through with this worthless company.

Dear Cole

I was so sorry to read the description of your experience - both here & on 'Yelp'

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. We would welcome an opportunity to look into what went wrong here, but are unable to ID your order without additional details.

Can you please email: Helen@adorama.com.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought a telescope from them on eBay. It came damaged, not their fault for sure. They asked me if I wanted to get a refund or a replacement. I told them I wanted a refund. I wanted this because I wanted the telescope and because I had a zero interest promotion with PayPal Buyer Credit and I had to get a refund to keep the deal. If I re-purchased I wouldn't get the promotion. Their response to me telling them I wanted a replacement was, and I quote, "Thank you for confirming that you wish to have a replacement." When they got the telescope back they refunded me the amount for the telescope but not the shipping. I then told them that they needed to retract the refund, as PayPal Customer Service instructed me to do, and they would not do that.

They said they could offer me a discount which was all of twenty dollars off my original purchase price. They offered to ship it for free, but they had not refunded my shipping from the original purchase. So, was it really free shipping? I had to call them to get them to refund the shipping. I will never do business with this company again. Their e-mails were barely understandable. If they were longer than one sentence, I wasn't sure of what they were trying to tell me. I believe this company tried to intentionally rip me off of the $85 shipping charge and I don't feel they should be allowed to do commerce on sites like eBay or Amazon as they clearly can not understand the basic written English language.

Dear Noble

I was sorry to read your feedback & apologize for the error

In your feedback you state you wanted a refund, but told our CS Team you wanted a reship which is why no shipping refund request was entered

The shipping department processed a refund in error & we then refunded $85.09

We can’t offer free financing but we can process a replacement for $369.99 with free shipping, a saving of$105

Would this be of interest? If so, please email me Helen@adorama.com

Adorama Camera

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

After received a confirmation for a credit card, spend 4 months waiting for the account statement and card and NEVER receive a response, but they charge $35 for each month (LATE FEES), this was a Nightmare.

Dear Jose

I am sorry to see this but your complaint needs to be directed to Comenity Bank, not to Adorama Camera - as Comenity Bank is the supplier of the credit card.

Please remove this review and contact the credit card supplier: https://about.comenity.net/heretohelp

Adorama Camera

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I attempted to purchase a copier put on special within minutes of it being shown online. They refused to honor the price although they had the product in inventory. “All items that was (sic) on sale has already sold.” They offered nothing other than to sell it at their list price. They deserve no stars. I will not do business with them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had ordered a new MacBook Pro through Adorama. It was backordered then drop shipped via Apple. But some time had gone by and I contacted Helen and she not only reassured me that the shipment was likely in process, she quickly got me the tracking number when even Apple couldn't provide it to me, and it will be here tomorrow. First-rate service and support.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

On July 30 2018 I contacted Adorama to purchase a Sekonic L 758 DR light meter from the used dept. I talked with a salesman named Julio ** who sold me the meter. Paid for it immediately by PayPal. When I received no shipping order later in the week I contacted Adorama service dept. and told them I had received no shipping order and the order did not show on my account. They told me to contact MR ** which I tried by phone only getting his answering machine but no call back after leaving a message. His answering machine says, "E-mail me you will get a quick response." Tried that more than once. Still no answer. Over the years I have ordered from Adorama with good service and customer relations however that looks to be a thing of the past. Looks like another corporation that has decided that the customer is just a number to fleece and forget. Amazon is looking better and better to me.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Received a defective SS Gimbal from Adorama. Missing battery door, would not power on (with batteries taped in), stripped lower GoPro mount screw, and the included evo GoPro adapter would not hold tight in my genuine GoPro mount and chesty. Unfortunate that this is the highest rated wearable gimbal available. I purchased this Gimbal and a new GoPro days before a major cancer surgery to record my last mountain biking adventure that would be possible in the season. I was traveling up to Lake Tahoe for this special trip and I was unable to capture it due to the error made by Adorama. With my cancer there's no way of knowing if I will be alive next season and be able to mountain bike again.

Before surgery I was riding at my peak competitive level, which I may never achieve again due to the cancer, immunotherapy, and chemo. Adorama's response to my return was to ignore my request for over a week, and issue a return tag without explanation, an apology, or a solution to my problem. Without a doubt I would never buy anything ever again from Adorama. They are the classic example of a heartless corporate entity with menial nonexistent customer service and are not concerned in the least with keeping customers or fixing mistakes that they make.

Original review: July 25, 2018

A month ago I contacted Adorama customer service regarding a problem with my Adorama credit card. Still have the same problem and seems nobody cares. If I can leave 0 stars instead of 1 I will. Horrible customer service. I exchanged emails with Apple **. support, Helen and Ron ** (cust service supervisor). They didn't do anything besides replaying well known facts. In fact, the last guy promised he gonna take care and he will contact the bank and 5 days later still nothing. Also didn't reply on my emails. Stay away from Adorama credit cards. They even didn't know the bank number is only automatic voice service and there is no way to speak with a representative or customer service.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Did not receive item in 5 days and no satisfactory answer. Only we're talking about refund. If I need refund why did I order. I need my product on time. I needed my mono light for Saturday shoot and I ordered it on Monday to get it on Wednesday. Friday I called and no one knows where is it. Very disappointing. B & H is best store to buy. All my photographer friends make sure you get your item on time. Try to avoid Adorama.

Dear Taj

Your package was lost by UPS; the supervisor you spoke to at 5pm on Friday advised we couldn't overnight a new a package for Saturday delivery (shipping ended 4 hours earlier & we don’t offer Saturday delivery because Adorama is privately owned by an observant Jewish family who don't permit acts of commerce to be conducted on the Jewish Sabbath)

A UPS lost package claim was requested & credit has been issued for reship/refund

Original review: July 18, 2018

I ordered a hood for my Canon lens and Adorama sent the wrong one. The packaging was marked with the right number but the product in the package was wrong. They said it would take two days to investigate it and they would get back with me... 17 days later after send multiple emails, they finally responded. They said that it was their fault and would refund me. I now don't trust them enough to reorder and have to go through it again. They have lost a customer.

Resolution response: Aug. 22, 2018

Finally received the rebate. Resolved the issue. Thank you Consumer Affairs.

This was the replay from Adorama.

I finally found the answer - apologies for the delay.

The rebates company is a sub-contracted service, rather than being a service being processed directly by us.

The way it works, is that upon receipt of the correct documentation from a customer, the rebates company (which is supposed to be a specialist, experienced company set up to provide this service to numerous businesses), sends us an invoice to cover a batch of applications. We pay the invoice, and the rebates company sends the rebates out to our customers.

For reasons unknown, all recent invoices have been sent to an incorrect address; because we didn't receive them, we didn't pay them - and a considerable number of our customers are, like you (understandably) very upset with us.

Finally we've received the invoices, they are being processed today so there is no reason why the rebates company should not have this settled within the next 7 business days.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I bought Dell SE2717HR 27" Full HD IPS LED Monitor with HDMI Cable - Qty. 2 from Adorama which included a rebate. After I submitted the rebated, I got a notice on April 15, 2018 that the rebate was approved in the amount of $60.00 and processed. On June 24, 2018, after failing to receive the rebate for two months, I emailed the Adorama Customer Service. On July 3, 2018, more than a week later, I receive a reply from Adorama stating that “I show your rebate has been approved. I'm unable to see a mail date yet. Sorry for any inconvenience.” Then on July 12, 2018, I sent another email requesting an update or my rebate. To date, I have not received the rebate nor a response to my last email. Adorama, it seems, likes to leave me in limbo and will not in good faith send me my rebate. Rather, it would seem that Adorama is hoping that their customers would forget about the rebate. I would like my $60 rebate.

Dear Bob

Thank you for your Dell order - I was concerned to read your feedback regarding the delay in processing your rebate.

I've advised our customer services manager; if you can please email me with your full name &/or email address and/or phone # and/or Rebate tracking number we will look into this immediately.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: July 10, 2018

I preordered a Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for Smartphones, preordered it in April. Got it in May 2018. My frustration and Disappointment at this point is beyond words. After watching so many good reviews on Youtube, it appeared to be very simple to use, needed it for work as I am professional photographer and getting into film-making for YouTube slowly, so that would be a great addition to my Gear for Convenience to use your phone when you need a quick video. Got excited and preordered it, waited for it for a month an a half, well, used it 5 times max, it was overheating to the point you can burn your hand if you touch the connection between Gimbal and Handle. It started to make noises, now it's just USELESS as it's not operational.

After long weeks, over a month a half, going back and forth with Adorama Customer Service and Manufacture Customer Service, on top I bought the warranty replacement they suggested, another $42 wasted as warranty said can't replace it as it's under the manufacture's warranty, and they can replace it only after that expires which is in 1 year, which leads to WTH did I have to get that in the first place??? Anyway, now manufacture makes me send it to China with tracking nr. which is another $49. Moral of the story... never buying anything from here again.

Original review: July 9, 2018

This one camera store in NYC was the worst single camera store I have ever dealt with. Just the other day they denied service to anyone who is a political activist for conservatives. I will no longer buy anything from them.

Dear David

I appreciate your concerns however you are incorrect.

Per Brendan Straka, he was refused service by an individual sales associate. Other associates assisted him, gladly, with his purchases.

The Adorama Management Team deeply regrets the incident involving this employee. Please know this is not who we are & does not reflect the position of our owners or other staff members. This is being taken seriously and is being addressed with the highest priority.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Dell SE2717HR 27" Full HD IPS LED Monitor with HDMI Cable - Rebate was approved but not sent out over three months ago. It's stuck in limbo. I tried calling Customer Service (third party) and they gave me a number that hangs up on me. I called Customer Service back and they gave me an email address that no one responds to. 800-286-9146 adorama@help.4myrebate.com.

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to see this, Kirk.

Can you please email me with your order # so I can assist you.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: July 6, 2018

I was contacted by Adorama who informed me they would be interested in purchasing my used gear and to send a description of all items which I did. A camera body, a camera lens, an expensive lens hood, a filter, a custom strap and all the original boxes and manuals in near mint condition. I received a reply that they could offer me $1200. I sent in the gear and they then offered me $700 which I declined. They are selling used bodies only with major damage they note which will affect the picture quality for $700. The person I spoke to acknowledged the original $1200 quote and asked how we could work something out that would be better than the $700 new quote.

I thought about and decide I would be open to a Sigma 35 mm 1.4 Nikon mount lens and a UV filter. The person I spoke to said "we just want you to be happy so we'll agree." I never received any notification from Adorama that we had even agreed to a deal for my used gear they had. When the lens did arrive it came with the wrong Sigma Dock (they sent a Cannon mount dock) and the lens was a used lens. Not even with the highest rating. At no point during this was I told I would be getting a used lens. I would never have agreed to that. I purchased my first Nikon from them and always thought they were one of only 2 honest camera dealers in NYC. I am furious and feel like I was mislead at best and flat out lied to (by way of omission of a pertinent fact) in the worst case scenario.

Adorama Camera response

I was deeply concerned to read that this was your experience, Stephen.

I would welcome an opportunity to assist and make this right, but would need your order number.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: July 5, 2018

Submitted order (keyboard stand) via Google Express June 16. Thus far no delivery--all Google can tell me is that they have no notification that the item has shipped. They referred me to Adorama, whose customer service tells me they have no information, and refers me to Google Express!

Adorama Camera response

Thank you for your order from Adorama via Google express, Mike, though I was deeply concerned to read the description of your experience

I shared your feedback with the Store Director who would welcome an opportunity to reach out to you directly

We would be grateful if you could please email me with your order #

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused; I very much look forward to hearing from you

Resolution response: July 10, 2018

After weeks of frustration, and escalating via this site and my payment method, someone at Adorama finally sent me my sales invoice. I submitted that and my rebate was approved - to be paid 8 to 10 weeks from now via a gift card. Am I happy? I am happy to have this resolved. I will not willingly volunteer for this again.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a 27" Dell monitor partly because it had a $30 rebate. Part of the rebate documentation required is a sales receipt/invoice showing the date of purchase. I bought the monitor online and Adorama never sent me a sales receipt or an invoice or any shipping documentation. I supplied the completed rebate form, the original cut-from-the-box UPC code, and a copy of the order acknowledgment showing the date of purchase. When my rebate request was declined, I uploaded a copy of the PayPal receipt showing the date of purchase. Since Adorama did not send me something they require for the rebate, they make it impossible to obtain a rebate I expected, applied for in good faith, and contacted them multiple times via email to try to resolve. I have sent multiple emails to try to resolve this and have not had a clear response.

Dear David

I was sorry to read that this was your experience and would welcome an opportunity to assist.
can you please email me with your order number.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered some expensive photo printing paper from their used department that I did not need to use right away. When I finally needed to refill the photo printer, I discovered that Adorama had mislabeled the product and did not send me the correct product. When I contacted Adorama, I was told that I was out of luck because of their 30 day return policy - even though THEY sent the wrong product. They sent me a product that I will never have a need for! It took 3 phone calls and about 5 emails to get someone to (at the very least) give me a store credit. Had I not "fought," I would have been out of luck.

Adorama has lost my future business because they did not take responsibility for their mistake. Though they ultimately gave me a store credit, I lost a lot an unreasonable amount of time "fighting" for them to consider that they should simply apply their "policy" when they made the mistake. If I had not had some average experiences with them in the past, I would have given them a 1 star. It is a sad that the local camera shop has all but gone out of business.

Dear Carrie

I was concerned to read your reviews both here & on Yelp, and immediately alerted our used department manager.

From what I can see, you made this purchase in September 2017 ie 9 months ago - nevertheless my colleague Marquita contacted you earlier today & gave you a store credit.

If you ever have a future concern that you can't resolve, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: June 21, 2018

Let's just start by saying I have ordered a few times from them and experience has been Okay to say the least. They don't have free 2-day shipping, so I paid $50 for the VIP360 to qualify for the 2 day shipping program and their other useless features. I made a purchase of over $3,000 and on their website, the SKU said it was VIP360 qualified. I needed the equipment for bookings I made over the weekend. I ordered on Tuesday night, had issues with my card processing, bank resolves it, they send me an email telling me to update payment AGAIN, customer service had to re-authorize my card after the payment was already posted on my account.

So fast forward to Thursday 6/21/2018, Order has been shipped, it's a Canon 5D MkIV premium kit and is expected to be in my hands Monday 6/25/2018. So after the extremely upsetting news, I contacted their customer service through live chat to see if maybe they can help me out. Guess what, they said it does qualify for VIP360 but because of ONE ADD-ON that was included in kit that it didn't register as a VIP360 (even after the website clearly said it's VIP360 qualified). So now, I gotta wait 5 days to get my items after planning this purchase perfectly and now have to reschedule my bookings.

I asked them if there's any way to fix this, they said I would need to make ANOTHER purchase of $3,260 and they would refund me AFTER they get the item back from UPS, which would put a hold in my money for about a week. Can you believe that? They want me to give them $6400 for them to pleasantly hold on to, while THEIR PRODUCT, NOT MINE YET, is on the way back which then they process refund and takes 2-3 days.

So not only did they fail to provide excellent customer service, their VIP360 is a completely useless if not a fraudulent feature/add-on. I asked for a refund, still haven't seen it arrive in my account. I will be patiently waiting for it, and updating this review upon arrival and will let you know how long it took for them to realize this. Adorama, fix your **. Here's my order #**.

Buy from B&H or Amazon (has less options for camera gear but still good). More reliable and they are on top of their customer service game and to top it off, their shipping methods and practices are way better. Their prices are NOT better and their service is NOT better. Let's see how long they last in business, wouldn't be surprised if they shut their doors sooner than the other guys.

Dear Pedro

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - which I copied to our Customer Service Manager immediately

We would welcome an opportunity to get to assist you, but in spite of our best efforts we have been unable to identify your order.

Please could you spare a minute to email me: Helen@adorama.com?

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: June 18, 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM ADORAMA UNLESS YOU HAVE WEEKS TO WAIT FOR YOUR PRODUCT. DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED QUICKLY! I purchased an Atomos Shogun Inferno with some other items in April. The Atomos was a dud and returned it. It took them a while to send it back and was told a representative would contact me once they received and processed the item for exchange. I wrote on the return form and told multiple agents that it was time sensitive to get it back and to please express ship. No call. No anything. They shipped it 10 day. I would have gladly paid for shipping myself had I been given the chance. They provided a $100 dollar gift card to compensate for receiving the item so far down the line of when I needed it.

Alas history repeats itself. I used the gift card and gave them another chance. I ordered some tripod legs from them along with some other items and paid for 1-3 day shipping. Their Website does not state they don't have them in stock. Mind you B&H will let you know if an item is coming from a manufacturer etc. It tells you there is a delay when you order. Adorama does not. When I saw the manufacturer was shipping I called to verify it would be on time. They promised it would.

Fast forward a day or two and my item will not be here on time. It will arrive by the time I am on a shoot in the middle of the desert 100's of miles away. A call to Adorama only led me to be told the first agent I talked to should have changed my shipping to 1 day in order to guarantee delivery and that they could not do anything for me but cancel my order or refund me 20 something dollars for shipping. Second time I'll be having to go out of my way and spend extra money because of very poor customer service.

Dear Alejandro

I was concerned to read your feedback, and upon checking your order details I found the following:

Order Date Thursday 6/14/2018 1:07:32 AM with 3 Business Day delivery

Your order shipped the same day, Thursday 6/14/18

Next day (1 day) = Fri

2nd day = Monday

3rd day = Tuesday 6/19/18

Both packages were delivered on Time, on 6/19/18

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: June 14, 2018

I ordered 5 Pocket Item Containers on May 31st for an event that we will be hosting at our office on June 19th and 20th. I was assured at the time that there would be no issue shipping the product on time and I provided all necessary information. Today is June 14th and I still have not received the ordered items. I contacted customer service today after I realized that (Salesman - Brenda) did not put the correct shipping address on the invoice after I spelled it out for them. Today I was informed that the item was backordered and that there was no timetable for shipment. I have canceled my order and I will not use Adorama Inc. again. If you are with a government organization, I would recommend that you pay close attention to the majority of reviews on this business and use a reliable vendor.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had received a notification for Adorama's trade-in program to trade in old gear towards new gear and get 70% of the trade-in value towards the new gear. My first mistake was not listening to all the reviews online about how horrible they are about trade ins. I sent in my Canon 5D Mark III, my Sigma 35mm 1.4 (brand new in box) and my Canon battery grip and they quoted me $1100. Anybody in the photography world knows that that is the worst you could get for those three items. My camera alone is worth more than that even being used. Being a photographer I rely on having my gear. I was told it wouldn’t take more than a week for them to appraise and get back to me which was not the case. And then once they already have your gear they give you a beyond lowball offer. Do not trust their ad as they do not stand by them.

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Noah, and immediately copied your complaint to our Sales Director.

I'd welcome an opportunity to assist you, if you could please email me directly with your order number.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution response: June 6, 2018

Adorama did process a refund for me in full today. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought two Klipsch speakers from Adorama at $2999 each. They were special editions Cornwall III speakers at 100 lbs each. I paid $800 for next day air shipping. The speakers arrived on time but Adorama forgot to double box them, and UPS had a crazy 24 hours with them. Both were DAMAGED in shipping. Corners smashed, sides dented, bad grille. I called Adorama IMMEDIATELY upon unpacking them to set up a return. They told me they would have to get back to me later that day. Well two days go by, and I end up having to cal them back. I was told I had to speak with a higher level customer service person. So I called again and connected with a level 2 person.

I was told I needed a UPS pickup to return these, and would need a full refund, INCLUDING the $800 shipping I paid, as they arrived DAMAGED. No fault of mine, but Adorama for not packing them correctly for shipping. So I was told, OK no problem. I finally get a UPS pickup notification a day later (now on day 4-5) and wait for UPS. Eventually UPS picks up and they are on their way to Adorama. They shipped them back GROUND so it took 6 days to get back, I could only imagine the further damage they took on. Anyway 3 days go by and no email, no refund, nothing. But I tracked the packages and they were received by Adorama.

So once again I email customer service who then told me to wait 3 days. So I explain that I need the refund in full as my credit card payment is just about due, and I am not paying it as these are being refunded. They are the only thing on my credit card as I never use it. So I will not pay a few hundred when these are being refunded. I do not want a late payment ding on my credit card because Adorama is taking so so long to put in a refund. So I email again, and again. Every time I email, I did get a reply but 20-24 hours later each time.

Finally! Day 4 after they receive the speakers back I get a refund notice. But it was the wrong amount. It was $2999 instead of the $6,800+ it was supposed to be. What?!?! So again, I email them and am waiting for a reply as I write this. This has been probably the worst buying experience of my life, anywhere online, and awful customer service. I have shopped at B&H Photo for 20 years and never ever had one issue. My first big purchase from Adorama and it's a disaster. They seem to want to take your money quick but when it comes to refunds, when it is their fault for not shipping an item correctly, they stall in all areas.

So what my next step will be if I do not get the full refund of $6800+ to my credit card by end of week is to file a chargeback with my card, and write a big review of Adorama on my 10 year running camera review website, showing the experience with emails, photos, and all. My voice is well known publicly. If anyone at Adorama reads this, my order # **. The two damaged speakers were delivered back to you so please submit my full refund ASAP. Not a partial half refund. A full refund, with shipping charges of over $800 that you charged me for damaged speakers. It should be easy...

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to see this, Steve & immediately copied your complaint to the CS & Shipping Managers

It looks as though your order number has been removed from the text by the ConsumerAffairs system & I can't ID your order. But if you can please email me it will have my immediate attention.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment caused & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: June 4, 2018

I read on Slickdeals about a deal Adorama Camera was having on Hifiman’s HE-560 planar headphones over the Memorial Day holiday for $319. I placed an order on 5/20 which was accepted and assigned to **. I had to call twice to get it shipped as they sat on it until 5/24 and was finally delivered on 6/1. The package was very light, less than 2 pounds which made me skeptical. How can a set of headphones that Hifiman says has a 4.5 pound shipping weight from the factory be only 2 pounds when it comes from Adorama? In addition, the package dimensions were not large enough to contain any original Hifiman he-560 headphones. Doesn’t Adorama do a screen of their inventory?

Once I got home I inspected the package carefully and noticed no break in the tape or packaging. I opened the box to find a Hifiman box within the shipping box. Instead of an he-560 the box was for re800 earphones but was lined out in felt marker and written in the same marker he-560. Opening up the inner box I found a he-560 headband only. No drivers, nothing else. It looks as if it were a replacement headband. I have a YouTube video available if needed for proof. Perusing the internet it appears as if I am not the only one Adorama has scammed with this same problem. Selling a headphone and sending just the strap with no drivers attached.

Dear Charles

I was so sorry to read this was your experience & on checking with the Shipping manager found these items were shipped in error; they were intended as replacements for customers who'd already purchased the headphones

It really was a genuine mistake & it will be addressed today

Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration caused - do email me directly if there is anything I else can assist you with

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered a used laptop, a very specific gaming laptop, very expensive new. I noticed the website claimed there was a refurbished one available with the same specs for about 300.00 less, so I decided on buying that one. I would have to wait until the Shavuot holiday was over as they were closed. The shipping was very fast and costs around 20 bucks. Upon receiving the computer I opened the packaging to find a completely different product, it was a laptop but certainly not the one I was buying. I immediately called Adorama to ask why they sent what they sent and where was the one I had ordered? I was told that the one I had ordered was not available--- how? The store has been closed for the holiday, they could not have sold it? Which lead me to believe they never had it to start with.

I was told on three occasions that they would call me back after further investigation, only to no avail and I was never contacted or my phone calls returned. Even my invoice had all the correct information - I just did not have the correct laptop. Which again led me to ask "if you didn't have it, why didn't you call me to inform me and ask what I wanted to do?" Instead they took it upon themselves to send me a completely different machine at my expense for shipping. This is what I call a bait and switch and is illegal business practice in most states. I am still waiting for my refund 3 days later. This company professes to be customer service friendly. Take it from me, they are not. I recommend avoiding this place like the plague as my experience has proven to me they are all liars and don't give a damn about the customer at all.

Dear Edward

I was so sorry to read of your experience, and immediately shared your feedback with the used department manager.

As Monday is Memorial Day, Marquita from our used department will be in direct contact with you on Tuesday.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I didnt want to write here initially but Adorama is too much. Placed my order on Adorama.com, paid USD48 for expedite international delivery. It's stated on product page they ship to Malaysia but just to be sure, prior to ordering I contacted live chat. I was queue for almost half an hour on live chat (although they stated my waiting time is 5 minutes only, 1st cheat!). Confirmed with Cara on live chat they ship to Malaysia, doubly confirmed! Placed my order, charged, and hours later one generic cut & paste from a Jade ** cancel my order due to size/weight.

Fair enough, if they think USD48 is too little. Proceeded to order another time through Amazon. Also mentioned this item SHIP TO MALAYSIA. This time I paid USD 112 for shipping, almost triple! The same cut & paste generic response from Jade ** again, 6 hours later! After charging and order confirmation! Not even sure if this Jade ** exist! Adorama is discriminating and profiling me for being a Malaysian, twice cheated! If you don't ship, you shall not put it as you do ship, that's false advertising and cheating!

Dear Jerry

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience; we will look into the complaint about chat wait time and why you were given incorrect information about shipping.

We don’t in fact ship to Malaysia but we have no way of removing that from Amazon.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the disappointment and frustration caused.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: May 17, 2018

It is sad, so very very sad... I have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment throughout the years (Dozens of cameras) and have always been extremely happy with my purchases as well as the amazing customer service I have received from Josef. Now that he is no longer in the NEW camera department, it's just not the same. I call, get bounced around from one person to the next, put on hold, drop calls, someone that has not any product knowledge for what I am looking for, and it has been an ongoing situation that really needs to be addressed.

I moved to Philadelphia, so I have to call before coming into the store to try and get the information I need before I make any new purchases. Once again today I called a few times and put on hold twice, while the salesperson vanished and eventually (after 20 minutes) called again. I requested to speak to the manager to assure proper service in trying to locate and purchase two more cameras for my studios. The gentlemen would not transfer me to a manager because I did not know what my (FC or FK) number was. All the years going there (I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED AN FC OR FK NUMBER).

I ask if my phone number was good enough or the same thing and he said no. This is the third/fourth time this year I have tried calling with once again no results. I will no longer be doing business with Adorama - When someone is spending thousands of dollars, you kind of what to speak to someone that can give you the answers you need. I wanted to purchase 4K cameras with touch screen and touch focus assist and they could not even answer that. A company is only as good as its weakest link. So when the video salesperson you are transferred to is your weakest link and can't even answer a simple question, or you're put on hold for 20 minutes - it's time to look at other video stores. Switching over to B & H.

Adorama Camera response
Thanks for your feedback concerning your call to Adorama; I'd welcome an opportunity to reach out to you but need your contact details. The SKU# you were asked for identifies the item you are seeking information about - it's not a number which identifies a customer.

The Sony A6500 might be a suitable option, but if you email me, I can have an expert contact you directly.

Please accept my apologies & I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Company Information