Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Adorama Camera Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Concerning any bad reviews here, I have had to return 3 lenses totaling over 7K in the last month, and they quickly refunded everything back no questions asked. They also credited me 200 bucks, the difference, on a camera I purchased almost a month ago when it went on sale last week. Seriously, Adorama has quickly returned and credited my credit card on several items that I purchased in error as a somewhat newbie. I do everything on their website, but I have called them a few times. They are New Yorkers, and some of them might come across as a little rough around the edges in New York fashion, but they are professional and care about helping me with the best deal. They even worked on breaking apart a bundle deal for me because I had already purchased another item.

I have never had a single problem over the last six weeks making about 15 purchases totaling about 13K, many returns made by mistake, getting refunded, or shipping. I only regret not purchasing their awesome VIP360 membership which I will do tomorrow if they can cover my recent purchases (they have never said no to me). They also have great support, a learning center, Adorama TV, and so many more benefits. Seriously, as a big Amazon shopper, I buy all my camera gear and lighting from Adorama only. They are also a big company with many customers, but some people are just never happy no matter what you do for them. Some of the negative comments here are suspect for me because of my experience with Adorama, and they don’t deserve some of the comments made here.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Great Experience with the Adorama Repair department. A lens I purchased from Adorama broke, and they were quick to step in and help me get it fixed. I want to thank David ** in that department for exceptional customer service. I feel like he really was able to expedite the service and quickly resolve the issue.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a used Canon f 2.8 70=200mm non is in G condition. I got it for $899 in 2015. He was VERY honest, told me apon "the used dept" doing inspection it would be low demand they had like 20 in used stock already!!! I tried to sell this lens for 1 yr. No bites. It was banged up, scratched, but it was perfect glass, operational. I think he said $350 cash or trade. I dropped my drink...whattt???? I took $630 approx for the trade instead. I got TAMRON 16-300mm used prob dozen times. Clean. You cannot get ripped off, or angry if you say yes>? He said "We can ship it back if you prefer not to do a deal". So stop making noise..they were totally honest. Frankly I kicked myself for waiting.. I was stuck with a giant beast..and depreciation!!!!

Original review: June 16, 2020

So I placed an order yesterday and I was emailed a confirmation, but later I received another email saying that my order was placed on hold and would be cancelled because they couldn’t verify my card with the bank. I then emailed back asking what I needed to do so that my order wasn’t cancelled, and I all I got was an email back saying my order had been reviewed and rejected. They told me my order would be cancelled and it would take 5 days to get my funds back into my account.

I then asked what the reason was as to why my card wasn’t able to be verified and all I got told was “Our automated credit card Verification system is private, confidential and secure. To prevent identity theft and fraud we can only give customers general reason for cancelations. We are unable to go into specific details about our process or specific reasons for denial of orders. Please allow up to 5 business days from the time your order was cancelled for your funds to return back to your method of payment. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.” I now have to wait for my money to be put back into my account before I can even purchase the camera I had planned to buy. Not sure if I want to even order from them at this point or if I should just buy it somewhere else. Has anyone else had this happen before? What would you guys suggest I do?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 11, 2020

I’ve waited over 2 weeks to end up receiving the incorrect version of the lens ordered. It was a used lens but it was the version 2, and even had the picture of the correct lens when ordered. I’ll never order from this site again. They canceled my order in the first place due to not being able to verify my info. Avoid at all cost, not worth the headache.

Hi Cody,

I was sorry to read about your experience here as well as on Trustpilot regarding the issue you had with this order. I escalated this to our Customer Service supervisor for review and they should have contacted you already regarding this issue.

Please let me know if there is something else I can do to assist you.

nancym@adorama.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 4, 2020

I purchased a $2000 lens and flash system from Adorama (worth $110 plus accessories worth an additional $75) when I was visiting New York. Upon purchasing, I was promised a lens filter set with my lens but the salesman offered me to go with a reward system instead. He told me I can accumulate points to save on gear I actually want and need. Since I had been making a fairly large purchase, it made sense to me to do this. I blindly agreed to this but haven't needed to make many purchases for myself since.

I'm now looking into buying a new camera system and my first thought was Adorama. I log onto my account to find I have not accumulated any points as promised in store so I called in customer service. I was dealt with a representative who clearly had no respect for my issue. She claimed my purchase was made before the point system was introduced (which I checked and I bought my gear a mere month before it was officially introduced) so I asked her about other customer reward systems that may have been in place beforehand when I made the purchase. I explained the story of how I was actually offered some product at the time. She legitimately said "it's too far back, I cannot check" and I was completely speechless. The point system hasn't even been introduced for two years and she made absolutely no effort to check the claim I have made and showed absolutely no compassion for what I was experiencing.

On top of that, I ended the call asking about my Flash system that I've had trouble with recently. I asked if there's a procedure to see if I can repair it and the representative just said "it's out of warranty" cutting me off before I actually offered to pay for the service. I clearly told her that I don't mind paying if there's anything that can be done, I just wanted to see if there was a way or procedure in which I don't have to buy a new one and given how it's only worth $110, I imagine repair for an item as such would not be very high. The vibe I got from her was that she was annoyed with the question and simply wanted me to buy a new one instead of fixing the one I already have.

Overall, I'm disgusted by the customer service and the lack of care from the staff of Adorama for their customers. I clearly stated I was interested in upgrading my camera gear through them and even offered to pay to fix gear that may or may not be defective. The representative did not take my issues seriously, and put little thought and care into my concerns. I honestly feel cheated and lied to but more so outraged that the representative knew I liked my flash and would likely buy it again from them regardless of the outcome. For a store that claims to be "a family-owned business, our goal [is] to provide you with the same level of service that we would give to our own family," I did not feel this whatsoever. In fact, I felt simply like a number to you guys who had such little care for a system that should REWARD customers for shopping there regardless of how BIG or SMALL the purchase or CONCERN is.

Hi Jesse,

I was sorry to read your review here as well as on Trustpilot regarding your experience with our customer service team. I have escalated this to our Customer Service manager for review and appropriate action.

At this point I can only apologize for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. If you need help with anything else, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 15, 2020

I preordered a 13" 2020 Macbook Pro with my bank card but the order was canceled because Adorama could not verify my payment information. All of the information I entered was correct, I have never had a problem with any other merchant verifying my bank card information before. I emailed Adorama for an explanation and their reply was "This order was escalated and rejected by our verification. This order will cancel automatically." My question was completely unanswered as to why they were unable to verify my payment. I will order a Macbook Pro elsewhere.

Hi Joni,

I was sorry to see this unpleasant experience that you had with the verification of your order, however, I was unable to locate it. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

Please email me at nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Whatever you do don't fall for their 12 month no interest fee bs!!!. It's all LIE!!! If you will not pay full amount back in this period, they will charge you gigantic amount of money for the whole year. Mafia doesn't charge that much. And there is no clear explanation about all that fees or how they charge. Customer service is USELESS. No notifications, only your bill is ready..Too bad, They lost me as a customer. Be careful if you decide to use their service, but better chose other company.

Hi,

It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

Please email me at nancym@adorama.com.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 13, 2020

In the larger scheme of things, the item that I purchased is not a biggie. I do need it to fix my son's computer who is taking online classes at home. However, the manner that Adorama handled my situation has convinced me to find other options next time and to inform friends and family to be careful if they do purchase from this vendor.

I purchased two items on April 27. The first item, sent via UPS arrived on May 1 and the other, send via UPS Mail Innovations, was expected to arrive on May 2 based on tracking. It did not. I called customer service on May 4 and was instructed to call back because "these things take 7 days". I called again on May 5 (it hasn't arrived) and was told that a replacement product will be shipped and that I will be getting an updated tracking #. I did not.

I called CS on May 6 and was told to wait because tracking data showed movement. All this time, tracking showed it sat in a USPS facility in a city about 2 hours from my location. It then showed up in another USPS facility in Houston. It basically arrived in our state and then was routed to Houston, about the opposite of my location. I called CS again on May 7 and was told to wait until May 11 "because these things take up to 10 business days". On May 11, the item did not arrive and tracking showed it was routed to another USPS facility in Houston. I e-mailed and was told to wait another day because "there was movement in tracking". I called and was told a replacement was going to be sent.

Today, May 12, about 10 days after it was expected to arrive, and roughly 15 days after the item was ordered, I called to follow up and customer service attempted to give me a USPS phone number for me to check. And then I was informed that tracking showed it was either going to arrive today or tomorrow. I asked for an email to confirm this new arrival date and I never got one. I did receive an email that tracking showed it is on its way after sitting in two Houston USPS facilities for nearly 6 days. They even offered me a $15 coupon. I told them to keep their money. What is emerging is that Adorama was never serious in replacing the product if it did not arrive after 10 business days. They are going to let the "tracking" take care of itself, however long it will take. Beware. If something goes wrong with the shipping, you are on your own. Avoid for now.

Hi Arthur,

I was sorry to see your review regarding the delays to the delivery of your order. At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. I am currently reviewing this with our Customer Service manager to see where we failed and how we can improve to prevent this from happening again.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 7, 2020

Can someone please help us?! We purchased a drone from Adorama. The drone keeps having signal error, so we contacted the manufacturer who informed us the drone is defective. We then contacted Adorama for a replacement. We packed the drone carefully with lots of buffer materials and sent it back. The next thing we knew is that Adorama claims that we sent an empty box. We tried to contact them many times and ask them to look through the package carefully because the drone is in there. We've tried to call so many times, and every time the agent would say someone will call you within 24 hours. However, we've never received any phone calls. We tried to call again today, the agent told us someone will give us a call in 30-60 minutes. It's been more than 2 hours already. I don't understand why they keep avoiding us.

We asked them to please provide a photo of the box so that we can point to them where we placed the drone, but they declined to do so. We make purchases on Amazon regularly, and occasionally would also return items, but we've never experienced any incidents like this before. Now, we don't even know who to ask for help. They misplaced the item, and now they are asking their customer to pay for their own mistake. Not only is Adorama unreliable, but it keeps playing tricks on its customer. I truly don't understand. Can someone please help us? Our case number: **

Hi Yue,

I was sorry to see your review here as well as on Google. I do see that our Claims team is already working on this returned package with you. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Adorama Camera Company Information