4.0/5 (932 ratings)

About Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

Adorama Camera Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: July 28, 2022

Highly encourage everyone to take their business elsewhere. They are great at taking money but be very wary on the off chance you need to return something. I even paid for their VIP 360 and have had a return pending for almost 30 days which over 20 emails to their support team. Had to escalate to the BBB. Highly encourage you to look at their rating there!! Wish I did before purchasing.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I was so excited for my Adorama order placed in July 2022 (Over $5,000 USD). After I placed the order, it was immediately placed on hold. When I called the verification department, they stated that their system could not match me up with the shipping address. I stated this is my address as per the listing on my state-issued Driver's License, but this was not an acceptable verification method for Adorama. I stated I have a lease agreement indicating I am paying for and am residing at this address, but this was not an acceptable verification method for Adorama. Their only approved verification method provided would be proof of address associated with a landline.

In July 2022....I'm not sure if Adorama has picked up on this yet....but a lot of us, dare I say the majority, are not paying for a redundant landline as most of us are using cellphones. My order was cancelled as they were not able to accept any verifications from documents that any governmental agency would accept. What an ancient process. Now, there is still a pending charge of the $5K+ amount sitting on my credit card which Adorama will not remove so I can't even go to another company to purchase the equipment as the credit is no longer available. CSR states that they will not be assisting with cancellation of the pending charge even though the order has been cancelled. So they're basically holding my funds hostage (when I was specifically buying during a two-day sale-a-rama which, of course, will not be active once the pending charge is removed (I hope) in several days).

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I am missing battery pack, USB charger, AC connecting are all missing in the box. I asked them to sending the missing items. I was asked to send pictures of what I got. I asked them that I will return the item because if the unprofessional response from one of the associate Ryan. He asked me to return the items unfortunately my son has lost the box for the camera. They are rip off so I am not even sure if the camera works as I cannot test it.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Currently my credit card is investigating disputes I filed with Adorama as they charged me twice for an USB cable and failed to cancel a laptop computer that was advertised in stock for immediate delivery. Once they processed the purchase they informed me it would take over two months to receive the laptop. Immediately I requested a cancellation and was informed that’s not their ‘policy.’ This company clearly lacks integrity. I would advise consumers to buy elsewhere. They are crooks!

Adorama Camera response

Hi Sheri,

I was sorry to read about your recent ordering experience with Adorama. I would welcome an opportunity to look into this. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order number at nancym@adorama.com. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Nancy Miller

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Very unsatisfactory and a nightmare of an experience. Would not recommend company or purchase anything from company again. Poor customer service and lack of truthful communication with customer on progress of claim. Purchased a camera and received a camera box with the camera missing. Reported immediately and took videos and pictures of package received. Customer service was called almost daily and the generic response of “we will contact you in 1-2 business days” was received but they did not call or attempt to contact customer back. The customer went to Adorama in New York to address concerns and had to wait over 6 hours in lobby with no resolution. Customer had to wait Over 2 months before a refund and resolution was received. Customer had to get their bank involved and after the bank mentioned possible legal proceedings, a refund was made promptly. Customer had to pay $120 in shipping for this ordeal.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I bought the Asus ZenBook duo from Adorama a few months ago. The laptop crashed several times in the first few months so I tried to exchange it for a different device. Different brand, different model. I had no option to return or exchange the laptop on adorama's website so I called and specifically asked for an exchange to be processed. We had back and forth where I was told I was past the laptop's returnable date even though their website clearly states that purchases can be returned by February. I was told I couldn't return the laptop because the manufacturer disconnected it. They acted as if I couldn't exchange it for a different device. I practically had to state several times that I wanted a different device before they finally said they could process it. I had to literally instruct them to add a note on what laptop I specifically wanted. I was sent a shipping label and returned the laptop.

I didn't get tracking info so I called adorama and they told me the saw the laptop was on the way and my refund would be processed once they got it. This is the 3rd call I've had with adorama about this exchange and they're still ignoring the notes on the order and trying to refund me. I had to once again refer the technican to the notes on the account. She confirmed the laptop I wanted and assured me my exchange would be processed. This was Monday. The laptop arrived to them Tuesday. Thursday I get an alert saying my refund has been processed....

After 4 phone calls with direct instructions, they still did the exact opposite thing I wanted. I needed this laptop to start a new job and they've messed that up. Then the best they can do is offer $50! For the inconvenience on my next purchase AFTER I REPURCHASE THE LAPTOP I WANTED EXCHANGED. I can't even use their measly credit on this next purchase. The incompetence is mind blowing and I do not recommend adorama

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I was duped into sending Adorama thousands of dollars of like-new-in-box professional photography equipment. They quoted me decently over the phone but once they had the items in their possession they fabricated damage to my equipment to devalue it and they also lost some of my very expensive accessories. They handed my deal over to some person named Jack ** and he straight up tried scamming me and after his slime tactics the "final offer" was almost half of the originally quoted offer. I resisted the pressure and demanded my equipment be sent back.

I am now awaiting return of my expensive equipment but apparently stuff is missing and damaged. Theft, fraud, lies. Seller beware. There are a lot of complaints of Jack ** at Adorama pulling similar or identical scams to other victims and a lot of the testimonies have a public response by an "ambassador" either going by the name of Helen ** or Nancy **, but I emailed these supposed ambassadors multiple times with zero response. 100% scam.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I recently traded in my camera equipment in exchange for a like-new used Fujifilm camera with multiple lenses, extra battery, Variable ND filter, and charger. I received a series of boxes each containing 1 lens, and one large box which was supposed to contain the Fujifilm X-T4, XF 16-55 f2.8, a spare battery, B+W 10 stop ND filter, and a charger. The box arrived in near perfect condition on the outside. Inside, there was a single small piece of bubble wrap (not even big enough to cover the bottom of the box), and a battery charger as well as the 16-55 lens. The camera, battery, and filter were on the packing slip but not inside the box.

I tried calling multiple times to reach the salesperson but never heard back from him as soon as the sale was done. I've then spent weeks going back and forth thru emails with people. They kept telling me to wait until the warehouse search was over and they would get back to me. They never did and I had to call and email. Finally, they said that it was the shipper's fault and that they filed a report with the shipper and that would take another couple of weeks. That time went by and I emailed them again, and just got the "we're still looking." Finally, I received an email from someone in their security department saying that they weren't going to send it to the shipper, I then received another email half an hour after that saying that I had to wait for the shipping report. So they obviously aren't talking to each other.

They aren't willing to do anything to make this right and either refund me for the missing items, replace them, or send the missing items to me. Their responses feel like they are just blowing me off entirely. This has been the rudest, worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have almost $2000 of missing equipment that I never received and they literally could care less. I will never recommend them or use them again. My only advice at this point as they have no concern for their customers is to shop at your own risk. I would love to find out what actually happened to the gear that I purchased, and truly wish they would help to resolve this. I doubt that they care, but to lose out on almost $2000 is a serious blow to me that I can't afford to lose.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

This store is practicing the old scheme of bait and switch, period. Regardless of the blah blah blah you can read here and on other sites, a scam is a scam. When you advertise online (I have multiple screenshots as proof with timestamp) that a certain item, or bundle of items, is "in stock and ready to ship" and lure customers in buying this very same item, only to find out a component of the bundle is conveniently "in back order" ... And the worse is that they will not even bother sending a courtesy email to let you know that something is missing with your order, oh no! Instead, they modify the order without your permission, adjust the final price accordingly, without again checking with you if it's something you desire to go with, and then that's how you receive half of a bundle, with key items missing, making your order useless, especially when you get a drone without the remote or even the batteries!

IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP actually means what it means! IT SHOULD BE IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP! Freaking common sense right? Therefore, if as soon as you pay top dollars, the order is modified and items are missing, because supposedly in BACK ORDER, it was indeed a lie, a bait and switch technique to force a sale, because OBVIOUSLY that bundle of items was never IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP... How lame!!!

Original review: June 3, 2021

In mid-June of last year, I purchased an MSI Laptop from Adorama. Since then, the laptop has repeatedly overheated, the keyboard is broken, and the frame has chipped and cracked. The first time I started experiencing issues with the unit, I sent it to MSI, where they replaced the broken parts. Since then, I've been experiencing the same issues, but now it has gotten to the point where it is unusable. I contacted MSI again, and they told me my laptop was out of warranty because the warranty for my laptop actually started when Adorama had purchased it. So, I contacted Adorama.

They said since I had purchased VIP360, I was eligible for 60% of what the original price of the laptop was. That sounded great, so I tried to go ahead with that. Since then I have made claims over the phone and online to get the process started, where I will get a few different responses. 1. I get transferred multiple times then hung up on. 2. They make a "claim" which they never actually have. 3. They tell me to wait for a call back from them, which they haven't for 3 days. And 4. They tell me to contact the manufacturer for an RMA (WHICH I CAN'T DO BECAUSE ITS WARRANTY STARTED WHEN ADORAMA PURCHASED THE LAPTOP).

This process has been beyond frustrating, and I firmly believe that they will continue to do this until my VIP360 subscription ends, so they can either get another 50 dollars from me or so they aren't obligated to do anything. At this point, I will never purchase from Adorama ever again, as B&H has a great customer support team, that has never let me down.

Adorama Camera response

Hi Jack,

I was concerned after reading the description of your experience with your order.

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. I would welcome an opportunity to look into what went wrong here, but I'm unable to ID your order without additional details. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

Please email me at nancym@adorama.com.

Adorama Camera Company Information