1.57/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

245 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

On July 30 2018 I contacted Adorama to purchase a Sekonic L 758 DR light meter from the used dept. I talked with a salesman named Julio ** who sold me the meter. Paid for it immediately by PayPal. When I received no shipping order later in the week I contacted Adorama service dept. and told them I had received no shipping order and the order did not show on my account. They told me to contact MR ** which I tried by phone only getting his answering machine but no call back after leaving a message. His answering machine says, "E-mail me you will get a quick response." Tried that more than once. Still no answer. Over the years I have ordered from Adorama with good service and customer relations however that looks to be a thing of the past. Looks like another corporation that has decided that the customer is just a number to fleece and forget. Amazon is looking better and better to me.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Received a defective SS Gimbal from Adorama. Missing battery door, would not power on (with batteries taped in), stripped lower GoPro mount screw, and the included evo GoPro adapter would not hold tight in my genuine GoPro mount and chesty. Unfortunate that this is the highest rated wearable gimbal available. I purchased this Gimbal and a new GoPro days before a major cancer surgery to record my last mountain biking adventure that would be possible in the season. I was traveling up to Lake Tahoe for this special trip and I was unable to capture it due to the error made by Adorama. With my cancer there's no way of knowing if I will be alive next season and be able to mountain bike again.

Before surgery I was riding at my peak competitive level, which I may never achieve again due to the cancer, immunotherapy, and chemo. Adorama's response to my return was to ignore my request for over a week, and issue a return tag without explanation, an apology, or a solution to my problem. Without a doubt I would never buy anything ever again from Adorama. They are the classic example of a heartless corporate entity with menial nonexistent customer service and are not concerned in the least with keeping customers or fixing mistakes that they make.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2018

A month ago I contacted Adorama customer service regarding a problem with my Adorama credit card. Still have the same problem and seems nobody cares. If I can leave 0 stars instead of 1 I will. Horrible customer service. I exchanged emails with Apple **. support, Helen and Ron ** (cust service supervisor). They didn't do anything besides replaying well known facts. In fact, the last guy promised he gonna take care and he will contact the bank and 5 days later still nothing. Also didn't reply on my emails. Stay away from Adorama credit cards. They even didn't know the bank number is only automatic voice service and there is no way to speak with a representative or customer service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

Did not receive item in 5 days and no satisfactory answer. Only we're talking about refund. If I need refund why did I order. I need my product on time. I needed my mono light for Saturday shoot and I ordered it on Monday to get it on Wednesday. Friday I called and no one knows where is it. Very disappointing. B & H is best store to buy. All my photographer friends make sure you get your item on time. Try to avoid Adorama.

Dear Taj

Your package was lost by UPS; the supervisor you spoke to at 5pm on Friday advised we couldn't overnight a new a package for Saturday delivery (shipping ended 4 hours earlier & we don’t offer Saturday delivery because Adorama is privately owned by an observant Jewish family who don't permit acts of commerce to be conducted on the Jewish Sabbath)

A UPS lost package claim was requested & credit has been issued for reship/refund

Original review: July 18, 2018

I ordered a hood for my Canon lens and Adorama sent the wrong one. The packaging was marked with the right number but the product in the package was wrong. They said it would take two days to investigate it and they would get back with me... 17 days later after send multiple emails, they finally responded. They said that it was their fault and would refund me. I now don't trust them enough to reorder and have to go through it again. They have lost a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: July 18, 2018

I bought Dell SE2717HR 27" Full HD IPS LED Monitor with HDMI Cable - Qty. 2 from Adorama which included a rebate. After I submitted the rebated, I got a notice on April 15, 2018 that the rebate was approved in the amount of $60.00 and processed. On June 24, 2018, after failing to receive the rebate for two months, I emailed the Adorama Customer Service. On July 3, 2018, more than a week later, I receive a reply from Adorama stating that “I show your rebate has been approved. I'm unable to see a mail date yet. Sorry for any inconvenience.” Then on July 12, 2018, I sent another email requesting an update or my rebate. To date, I have not received the rebate nor a response to my last email. Adorama, it seems, likes to leave me in limbo and will not in good faith send me my rebate. Rather, it would seem that Adorama is hoping that their customers would forget about the rebate. I would like my $60 rebate.

Dear Bob

Thank you for your Dell order - I was concerned to read your feedback regarding the delay in processing your rebate.

I've advised our customer services manager; if you can please email me with your full name &/or email address and/or phone # and/or Rebate tracking number we will look into this immediately.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: July 10, 2018

I preordered a Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for Smartphones, preordered it in April. Got it in May 2018. My frustration and Disappointment at this point is beyond words. After watching so many good reviews on Youtube, it appeared to be very simple to use, needed it for work as I am professional photographer and getting into film-making for YouTube slowly, so that would be a great addition to my Gear for Convenience to use your phone when you need a quick video. Got excited and preordered it, waited for it for a month an a half, well, used it 5 times max, it was overheating to the point you can burn your hand if you touch the connection between Gimbal and Handle. It started to make noises, now it's just USELESS as it's not operational.

After long weeks, over a month a half, going back and forth with Adorama Customer Service and Manufacture Customer Service, on top I bought the warranty replacement they suggested, another $42 wasted as warranty said can't replace it as it's under the manufacture's warranty, and they can replace it only after that expires which is in 1 year, which leads to WTH did I have to get that in the first place??? Anyway, now manufacture makes me send it to China with tracking nr. which is another $49. Moral of the story... never buying anything from here again.

Original review: July 9, 2018

This one camera store in NYC was the worst single camera store I have ever dealt with. Just the other day they denied service to anyone who is a political activist for conservatives. I will no longer buy anything from them.

Dear David

I appreciate your concerns however you are incorrect.

Per Brendan Straka, he was refused service by an individual sales associate. Other associates assisted him, gladly, with his purchases.

The Adorama Management Team deeply regrets the incident involving this employee. Please know this is not who we are & does not reflect the position of our owners or other staff members. This is being taken seriously and is being addressed with the highest priority.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Dell SE2717HR 27" Full HD IPS LED Monitor with HDMI Cable - Rebate was approved but not sent out over three months ago. It's stuck in limbo. I tried calling Customer Service (third party) and they gave me a number that hangs up on me. I called Customer Service back and they gave me an email address that no one responds to. 800-286-9146 adorama@help.4myrebate.com.

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to see this, Kirk.

Can you please email me with your order # so I can assist you.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: July 6, 2018

I was contacted by Adorama who informed me they would be interested in purchasing my used gear and to send a description of all items which I did. A camera body, a camera lens, an expensive lens hood, a filter, a custom strap and all the original boxes and manuals in near mint condition. I received a reply that they could offer me $1200. I sent in the gear and they then offered me $700 which I declined. They are selling used bodies only with major damage they note which will affect the picture quality for $700. The person I spoke to acknowledged the original $1200 quote and asked how we could work something out that would be better than the $700 new quote.

I thought about and decide I would be open to a Sigma 35 mm 1.4 Nikon mount lens and a UV filter. The person I spoke to said "we just want you to be happy so we'll agree." I never received any notification from Adorama that we had even agreed to a deal for my used gear they had. When the lens did arrive it came with the wrong Sigma Dock (they sent a Cannon mount dock) and the lens was a used lens. Not even with the highest rating. At no point during this was I told I would be getting a used lens. I would never have agreed to that. I purchased my first Nikon from them and always thought they were one of only 2 honest camera dealers in NYC. I am furious and feel like I was mislead at best and flat out lied to (by way of omission of a pertinent fact) in the worst case scenario.

Adorama Camera response

I was deeply concerned to read that this was your experience, Stephen.

I would welcome an opportunity to assist and make this right, but would need your order number.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: July 5, 2018

Submitted order (keyboard stand) via Google Express June 16. Thus far no delivery--all Google can tell me is that they have no notification that the item has shipped. They referred me to Adorama, whose customer service tells me they have no information, and refers me to Google Express!

Adorama Camera response

Thank you for your order from Adorama via Google express, Mike, though I was deeply concerned to read the description of your experience

I shared your feedback with the Store Director who would welcome an opportunity to reach out to you directly

We would be grateful if you could please email me with your order #

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused; I very much look forward to hearing from you

Resolution response: July 10, 2018

After weeks of frustration, and escalating via this site and my payment method, someone at Adorama finally sent me my sales invoice. I submitted that and my rebate was approved - to be paid 8 to 10 weeks from now via a gift card. Am I happy? I am happy to have this resolved. I will not willingly volunteer for this again.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a 27" Dell monitor partly because it had a $30 rebate. Part of the rebate documentation required is a sales receipt/invoice showing the date of purchase. I bought the monitor online and Adorama never sent me a sales receipt or an invoice or any shipping documentation. I supplied the completed rebate form, the original cut-from-the-box UPC code, and a copy of the order acknowledgment showing the date of purchase. When my rebate request was declined, I uploaded a copy of the PayPal receipt showing the date of purchase. Since Adorama did not send me something they require for the rebate, they make it impossible to obtain a rebate I expected, applied for in good faith, and contacted them multiple times via email to try to resolve. I have sent multiple emails to try to resolve this and have not had a clear response.

Dear David

I was sorry to read that this was your experience and would welcome an opportunity to assist.
can you please email me with your order number.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered some expensive photo printing paper from their used department that I did not need to use right away. When I finally needed to refill the photo printer, I discovered that Adorama had mislabeled the product and did not send me the correct product. When I contacted Adorama, I was told that I was out of luck because of their 30 day return policy - even though THEY sent the wrong product. They sent me a product that I will never have a need for! It took 3 phone calls and about 5 emails to get someone to (at the very least) give me a store credit. Had I not "fought," I would have been out of luck.

Adorama has lost my future business because they did not take responsibility for their mistake. Though they ultimately gave me a store credit, I lost a lot an unreasonable amount of time "fighting" for them to consider that they should simply apply their "policy" when they made the mistake. If I had not had some average experiences with them in the past, I would have given them a 1 star. It is a sad that the local camera shop has all but gone out of business.

Dear Carrie

I was concerned to read your reviews both here & on Yelp, and immediately alerted our used department manager.

From what I can see, you made this purchase in September 2017 ie 9 months ago - nevertheless my colleague Marquita contacted you earlier today & gave you a store credit.

If you ever have a future concern that you can't resolve, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: June 21, 2018

Let's just start by saying I have ordered a few times from them and experience has been Okay to say the least. They don't have free 2-day shipping, so I paid $50 for the VIP360 to qualify for the 2 day shipping program and their other useless features. I made a purchase of over $3,000 and on their website, the SKU said it was VIP360 qualified. I needed the equipment for bookings I made over the weekend. I ordered on Tuesday night, had issues with my card processing, bank resolves it, they send me an email telling me to update payment AGAIN, customer service had to re-authorize my card after the payment was already posted on my account.

So fast forward to Thursday 6/21/2018, Order has been shipped, it's a Canon 5D MkIV premium kit and is expected to be in my hands Monday 6/25/2018. So after the extremely upsetting news, I contacted their customer service through live chat to see if maybe they can help me out. Guess what, they said it does qualify for VIP360 but because of ONE ADD-ON that was included in kit that it didn't register as a VIP360 (even after the website clearly said it's VIP360 qualified). So now, I gotta wait 5 days to get my items after planning this purchase perfectly and now have to reschedule my bookings.

I asked them if there's any way to fix this, they said I would need to make ANOTHER purchase of $3,260 and they would refund me AFTER they get the item back from UPS, which would put a hold in my money for about a week. Can you believe that? They want me to give them $6400 for them to pleasantly hold on to, while THEIR PRODUCT, NOT MINE YET, is on the way back which then they process refund and takes 2-3 days.

So not only did they fail to provide excellent customer service, their VIP360 is a completely useless if not a fraudulent feature/add-on. I asked for a refund, still haven't seen it arrive in my account. I will be patiently waiting for it, and updating this review upon arrival and will let you know how long it took for them to realize this. Adorama, fix your **. Here's my order #**.

Buy from B&H or Amazon (has less options for camera gear but still good). More reliable and they are on top of their customer service game and to top it off, their shipping methods and practices are way better. Their prices are NOT better and their service is NOT better. Let's see how long they last in business, wouldn't be surprised if they shut their doors sooner than the other guys.

Dear Pedro

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - which I copied to our Customer Service Manager immediately

We would welcome an opportunity to get to assist you, but in spite of our best efforts we have been unable to identify your order.

Please could you spare a minute to email me: Helen@adorama.com?

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: June 18, 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM ADORAMA UNLESS YOU HAVE WEEKS TO WAIT FOR YOUR PRODUCT. DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED QUICKLY! I purchased an Atomos Shogun Inferno with some other items in April. The Atomos was a dud and returned it. It took them a while to send it back and was told a representative would contact me once they received and processed the item for exchange. I wrote on the return form and told multiple agents that it was time sensitive to get it back and to please express ship. No call. No anything. They shipped it 10 day. I would have gladly paid for shipping myself had I been given the chance. They provided a $100 dollar gift card to compensate for receiving the item so far down the line of when I needed it.

Alas history repeats itself. I used the gift card and gave them another chance. I ordered some tripod legs from them along with some other items and paid for 1-3 day shipping. Their Website does not state they don't have them in stock. Mind you B&H will let you know if an item is coming from a manufacturer etc. It tells you there is a delay when you order. Adorama does not. When I saw the manufacturer was shipping I called to verify it would be on time. They promised it would.

Fast forward a day or two and my item will not be here on time. It will arrive by the time I am on a shoot in the middle of the desert 100's of miles away. A call to Adorama only led me to be told the first agent I talked to should have changed my shipping to 1 day in order to guarantee delivery and that they could not do anything for me but cancel my order or refund me 20 something dollars for shipping. Second time I'll be having to go out of my way and spend extra money because of very poor customer service.

Dear Alejandro

I was concerned to read your feedback, and upon checking your order details I found the following:

Order Date Thursday 6/14/2018 1:07:32 AM with 3 Business Day delivery

Your order shipped the same day, Thursday 6/14/18

Next day (1 day) = Fri

2nd day = Monday

3rd day = Tuesday 6/19/18

Both packages were delivered on Time, on 6/19/18

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: June 14, 2018

I ordered 5 Pocket Item Containers on May 31st for an event that we will be hosting at our office on June 19th and 20th. I was assured at the time that there would be no issue shipping the product on time and I provided all necessary information. Today is June 14th and I still have not received the ordered items. I contacted customer service today after I realized that (Salesman - Brenda) did not put the correct shipping address on the invoice after I spelled it out for them. Today I was informed that the item was backordered and that there was no timetable for shipment. I have canceled my order and I will not use Adorama Inc. again. If you are with a government organization, I would recommend that you pay close attention to the majority of reviews on this business and use a reliable vendor.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had received a notification for Adorama's trade-in program to trade in old gear towards new gear and get 70% of the trade-in value towards the new gear. My first mistake was not listening to all the reviews online about how horrible they are about trade ins. I sent in my Canon 5D Mark III, my Sigma 35mm 1.4 (brand new in box) and my Canon battery grip and they quoted me $1100. Anybody in the photography world knows that that is the worst you could get for those three items. My camera alone is worth more than that even being used. Being a photographer I rely on having my gear. I was told it wouldn’t take more than a week for them to appraise and get back to me which was not the case. And then once they already have your gear they give you a beyond lowball offer. Do not trust their ad as they do not stand by them.

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Noah, and immediately copied your complaint to our Sales Director.

I'd welcome an opportunity to assist you, if you could please email me directly with your order number.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution response: June 6, 2018

Adorama did process a refund for me in full today. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought two Klipsch speakers from Adorama at $2999 each. They were special editions Cornwall III speakers at 100 lbs each. I paid $800 for next day air shipping. The speakers arrived on time but Adorama forgot to double box them, and UPS had a crazy 24 hours with them. Both were DAMAGED in shipping. Corners smashed, sides dented, bad grille. I called Adorama IMMEDIATELY upon unpacking them to set up a return. They told me they would have to get back to me later that day. Well two days go by, and I end up having to cal them back. I was told I had to speak with a higher level customer service person. So I called again and connected with a level 2 person.

I was told I needed a UPS pickup to return these, and would need a full refund, INCLUDING the $800 shipping I paid, as they arrived DAMAGED. No fault of mine, but Adorama for not packing them correctly for shipping. So I was told, OK no problem. I finally get a UPS pickup notification a day later (now on day 4-5) and wait for UPS. Eventually UPS picks up and they are on their way to Adorama. They shipped them back GROUND so it took 6 days to get back, I could only imagine the further damage they took on. Anyway 3 days go by and no email, no refund, nothing. But I tracked the packages and they were received by Adorama.

So once again I email customer service who then told me to wait 3 days. So I explain that I need the refund in full as my credit card payment is just about due, and I am not paying it as these are being refunded. They are the only thing on my credit card as I never use it. So I will not pay a few hundred when these are being refunded. I do not want a late payment ding on my credit card because Adorama is taking so so long to put in a refund. So I email again, and again. Every time I email, I did get a reply but 20-24 hours later each time.

Finally! Day 4 after they receive the speakers back I get a refund notice. But it was the wrong amount. It was $2999 instead of the $6,800+ it was supposed to be. What?!?! So again, I email them and am waiting for a reply as I write this. This has been probably the worst buying experience of my life, anywhere online, and awful customer service. I have shopped at B&H Photo for 20 years and never ever had one issue. My first big purchase from Adorama and it's a disaster. They seem to want to take your money quick but when it comes to refunds, when it is their fault for not shipping an item correctly, they stall in all areas.

So what my next step will be if I do not get the full refund of $6800+ to my credit card by end of week is to file a chargeback with my card, and write a big review of Adorama on my 10 year running camera review website, showing the experience with emails, photos, and all. My voice is well known publicly. If anyone at Adorama reads this, my order # **. The two damaged speakers were delivered back to you so please submit my full refund ASAP. Not a partial half refund. A full refund, with shipping charges of over $800 that you charged me for damaged speakers. It should be easy...

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to see this, Steve & immediately copied your complaint to the CS & Shipping Managers

It looks as though your order number has been removed from the text by the ConsumerAffairs system & I can't ID your order. But if you can please email me it will have my immediate attention.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment caused & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: June 4, 2018

I read on Slickdeals about a deal Adorama Camera was having on Hifiman’s HE-560 planar headphones over the Memorial Day holiday for $319. I placed an order on 5/20 which was accepted and assigned to **. I had to call twice to get it shipped as they sat on it until 5/24 and was finally delivered on 6/1. The package was very light, less than 2 pounds which made me skeptical. How can a set of headphones that Hifiman says has a 4.5 pound shipping weight from the factory be only 2 pounds when it comes from Adorama? In addition, the package dimensions were not large enough to contain any original Hifiman he-560 headphones. Doesn’t Adorama do a screen of their inventory?

Once I got home I inspected the package carefully and noticed no break in the tape or packaging. I opened the box to find a Hifiman box within the shipping box. Instead of an he-560 the box was for re800 earphones but was lined out in felt marker and written in the same marker he-560. Opening up the inner box I found a he-560 headband only. No drivers, nothing else. It looks as if it were a replacement headband. I have a YouTube video available if needed for proof. Perusing the internet it appears as if I am not the only one Adorama has scammed with this same problem. Selling a headphone and sending just the strap with no drivers attached.

Dear Charles

I was so sorry to read this was your experience & on checking with the Shipping manager found these items were shipped in error; they were intended as replacements for customers who'd already purchased the headphones

It really was a genuine mistake & it will be addressed today

Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration caused - do email me directly if there is anything I else can assist you with

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered a used laptop, a very specific gaming laptop, very expensive new. I noticed the website claimed there was a refurbished one available with the same specs for about 300.00 less, so I decided on buying that one. I would have to wait until the Shavuot holiday was over as they were closed. The shipping was very fast and costs around 20 bucks. Upon receiving the computer I opened the packaging to find a completely different product, it was a laptop but certainly not the one I was buying. I immediately called Adorama to ask why they sent what they sent and where was the one I had ordered? I was told that the one I had ordered was not available--- how? The store has been closed for the holiday, they could not have sold it? Which lead me to believe they never had it to start with.

I was told on three occasions that they would call me back after further investigation, only to no avail and I was never contacted or my phone calls returned. Even my invoice had all the correct information - I just did not have the correct laptop. Which again led me to ask "if you didn't have it, why didn't you call me to inform me and ask what I wanted to do?" Instead they took it upon themselves to send me a completely different machine at my expense for shipping. This is what I call a bait and switch and is illegal business practice in most states. I am still waiting for my refund 3 days later. This company professes to be customer service friendly. Take it from me, they are not. I recommend avoiding this place like the plague as my experience has proven to me they are all liars and don't give a damn about the customer at all.

Dear Edward

I was so sorry to read of your experience, and immediately shared your feedback with the used department manager.

As Monday is Memorial Day, Marquita from our used department will be in direct contact with you on Tuesday.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I didnt want to write here initially but Adorama is too much. Placed my order on Adorama.com, paid USD48 for expedite international delivery. It's stated on product page they ship to Malaysia but just to be sure, prior to ordering I contacted live chat. I was queue for almost half an hour on live chat (although they stated my waiting time is 5 minutes only, 1st cheat!). Confirmed with Cara on live chat they ship to Malaysia, doubly confirmed! Placed my order, charged, and hours later one generic cut & paste from a Jade ** cancel my order due to size/weight.

Fair enough, if they think USD48 is too little. Proceeded to order another time through Amazon. Also mentioned this item SHIP TO MALAYSIA. This time I paid USD 112 for shipping, almost triple! The same cut & paste generic response from Jade ** again, 6 hours later! After charging and order confirmation! Not even sure if this Jade ** exist! Adorama is discriminating and profiling me for being a Malaysian, twice cheated! If you don't ship, you shall not put it as you do ship, that's false advertising and cheating!

Dear Jerry

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience; we will look into the complaint about chat wait time and why you were given incorrect information about shipping.

We don’t in fact ship to Malaysia but we have no way of removing that from Amazon.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the disappointment and frustration caused.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: May 17, 2018

It is sad, so very very sad... I have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment throughout the years (Dozens of cameras) and have always been extremely happy with my purchases as well as the amazing customer service I have received from Josef. Now that he is no longer in the NEW camera department, it's just not the same. I call, get bounced around from one person to the next, put on hold, drop calls, someone that has not any product knowledge for what I am looking for, and it has been an ongoing situation that really needs to be addressed.

I moved to Philadelphia, so I have to call before coming into the store to try and get the information I need before I make any new purchases. Once again today I called a few times and put on hold twice, while the salesperson vanished and eventually (after 20 minutes) called again. I requested to speak to the manager to assure proper service in trying to locate and purchase two more cameras for my studios. The gentlemen would not transfer me to a manager because I did not know what my (FC or FK) number was. All the years going there (I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED AN FC OR FK NUMBER).

I ask if my phone number was good enough or the same thing and he said no. This is the third/fourth time this year I have tried calling with once again no results. I will no longer be doing business with Adorama - When someone is spending thousands of dollars, you kind of what to speak to someone that can give you the answers you need. I wanted to purchase 4K cameras with touch screen and touch focus assist and they could not even answer that. A company is only as good as its weakest link. So when the video salesperson you are transferred to is your weakest link and can't even answer a simple question, or you're put on hold for 20 minutes - it's time to look at other video stores. Switching over to B & H.

Adorama Camera response
Thanks for your feedback concerning your call to Adorama; I'd welcome an opportunity to reach out to you but need your contact details. The SKU# you were asked for identifies the item you are seeking information about - it's not a number which identifies a customer.

The Sony A6500 might be a suitable option, but if you email me, I can have an expert contact you directly.

Please accept my apologies & I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: May 14, 2018

I needed a gimbal for an upcoming concert so I decided to trade my gear in with Adorama and put the credit toward a gimbal from Adorama. When I first called I was told they’d review and have an offer for me in about 4 days so I agreed to ship it in. I was emailed a shipping label and I sent the package the next day. Unfortunately I missed a second email that came later stating Adorama would be closed for Passover. Next I finally hear back after about 2 weeks and they tell me my gear is only worth $600 on their used market. Having already wasted so much time I reluctantly agree to the $420 payout and decide not to purchase the gimbal from Adorama.

Today I went online and looked to see what it was going for on Adorama. They’re asking $899 for it! And I know it’s the same one because they've only had 1 in the past 3 months. Not only was my time wasted but I was flat out lied to about the resale value of my item when all I wanted to do was trade it in for a $700 DSLR gimbal that I ended up not getting anyways.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Ordered a lens from this store on Tuesday. A Sigma 24mm f/1.4 which would have given me great low light shots with my Canon Rebel T5i. I was promised Delivery on Friday. So I set up a photo shoot with some friends for Saturday. But they use UPS, whom I've had numerous problems with in the past. With UPS it's a 12 Hour Window, which is terrible. But here's the worst part: After waiting around all day I never got my delivery. Instead of delivering to me, they left it at the management office in my building and didn't bother to notify me. As soon as I found out I called Adorama in hope something could be set up for overnight. But they were closed. At 5 pm Eastern Time? What kind of hours are these? Suffice to say I'll never use Adorama or any company who uses UPS ever again!

Dear Ron

I apologize that your disappointment with the failure of your Management Office to notify you of the UPS delivery led you to leave a one-star rating of Adorama Camera.

Our hours of operation are noted on our website:
Order Hours:

Sun: 9:30-5:00, Mon-Thur: 9:00-7:30, Fri: 9:00-4:00

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: May 3, 2018

As a professional photographer, and conduct workshops for photographers. I purchased a used Rotolight AEOS from Adorama and was told it came with an Adorama warranty. It was suppose to be complete. Open the shipping box and no AC cord. Called and was told that I have to purchase it. I received a call telling me that they will be shipping out a cord. 4 days later received the cord. August 30, 2018 the Rotolight AEOS failed and would not turn on. Called Adorama and was told that it was covered under Adorama warranty (Replace or Repair), paid $20.65 postage to send the light back to Adorama. Email came in today, May 3, telling me that they cannot repair it or replace it and issued a store credit because they didn't have any in stock. I asked if they had any new in stock I was told NO. Got online and they had some in stock.

Was on the phone and spoke to 5 different people at Adorama for at least an hour. Two of the 5 people disconnected, one person sent me a recorded message saying that they are now closed. I called again and asked to speak to a Supervisor, I was put on hold then disconnected. Called again and ordered a new Rotolight AEOS. I can't believe how Adorama Customer Service operates. Nothing but aggravation and a runaround from this company. I will not be purchasing anything more from this company again. So Buyer beware...

Dear Frank

My colleague Marquita - from the used department - has sent you several emails and telephone voice messages. She has yet to receive a response.

I'm not sure how you would like to proceed.

BTW, if you ever have any concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: April 26, 2018

Ordered the Sony lens 50mm, 1.8 and it came in a day earlier! At first I thought it wasn't going to make it on time and tried to cancel it. I was very happy with service! Will order from this store again if I ever get a chance! Thank you!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Received a defective (lemon) GOPRO Hero Session 5. Product never worked. It won't stay on unless plugged into a charger. It's completely useless. Prices are too cheap, I should have known better. Do Not Buy from them.

Resolution response: April 23, 2018

Since I wrote a review Adorama has contacted me almost 10 times apologizing and offering to fix problem. I have dealt with adorama before and assume this is an isolated incident.....I will use them in the future.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I ordered a Crucial Technology MX500 500GB 2.5" Internal SSD drive on April 12. I was told I should receive it by April 19. It was NEVER shipped and there is not one scan from supposed shipping partner (UPS INNOVATIONS)... Customer support was useless and they still will not cancel order or reship item. I order this for a custom laptop build for a waiting customer. Stay Away if you need your order in a timely fashion.

Dear Jim
I was concerned to see your feedback here, on Pissed Consumer & Yelp. I checked with the Shipping Dept. - your order was on a trailer which was collected by the shipper, but they appear to have lost it in transit
Even though we did ship this item, we are processing a full refund & making a claim against the shippers

Once the refund has been processed, I hope you may find time to amend your feedback

I apologize for the inconvenience caused

Resolution response: April 15, 2018

Customer service was willing to refund my over charge and send 1 missing item.

I refused and will no longer deal with Adorama.

Ron...

Original review: April 13, 2018

My latest order: which included the following: Fujifilm X100F 24.3MP Digital Camera, NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery, BC-W126 Battery Charger, Shoulder Strap, Lens Cap, Metal Strap Clip, Protective Cover, Clip Attaching Tool, USB Cable, Owner's Manual, Fujifilm 1 Year Limited Warranty, 32GB SDHC Card, Camera Case, Spare Battery, Tripod, Dual Charger, Video Light, Cleaning Kit, Memory Card Case, Card Reader, Table Top Tripod, Software Package. 1- Only received 1 battery holder for the dual charger sent. What good is the dual charger? 2- Received the Video Light with battery holder but NO Battery. Useless... 3- Was charged (03/27 ADORAMA INC 212-74104017 NY $4.68) after purchase was paid due to a back order. That's not right at all.

After spending almost an hour with your Philippine service people who could not be understood except for the ("I'm so sorry Ron" ) my total frustration caused me to finally hang up. I have spent thousands of US dollars over the past 20 years with Adorama and never had a problem. Now with your total lack of US Customer Service, long holidays and short US hours, I'm sad to say I'm done with Adorama. I'm giving up on the overcharge to my account, the lack of properly equipped accessories and poor customer service, My money will now be spent with businesses that respect their customers and are US reachable for service.

Ron

I am giving you the opportunity to email me so that I can sort this out. (I am not in the Philippines). But as I don't have your email address or your order number, I'm sorry but there isn't anything I can do.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: April 12, 2018

Do not buy from this horrible company. In a period of 3 months, I bought 11 MacBooks for my company. One of the MacBooks, after one week, stopped booting up. I contacted them asking for a replacement. They refused to accept the return because I no longer had the box that it came in. We were planning to buy 50 more. Did they expect a company to keep 50 empty boxes? You're better off buying from B&H.

Adorama Camera Company Information

1975
42 West 18th Street
New York
NY
Fax:
www.adorama.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business