Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Adorama Camera Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Concerning any bad reviews here, I have had to return 3 lenses totaling over 7K in the last month, and they quickly refunded everything back no questions asked. They also credited me 200 bucks, the difference, on a camera I purchased almost a month ago when it went on sale last week. Seriously, Adorama has quickly returned and credited my credit card on several items that I purchased in error as a somewhat newbie. I do everything on their website, but I have called them a few times. They are New Yorkers, and some of them might come across as a little rough around the edges in New York fashion, but they are professional and care about helping me with the best deal. They even worked on breaking apart a bundle deal for me because I had already purchased another item.

I have never had a single problem over the last six weeks making about 15 purchases totaling about 13K, many returns made by mistake, getting refunded, or shipping. I only regret not purchasing their awesome VIP360 membership which I will do tomorrow if they can cover my recent purchases (they have never said no to me). They also have great support, a learning center, Adorama TV, and so many more benefits. Seriously, as a big Amazon shopper, I buy all my camera gear and lighting from Adorama only. They are also a big company with many customers, but some people are just never happy no matter what you do for them. Some of the negative comments here are suspect for me because of my experience with Adorama, and they don’t deserve some of the comments made here.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Great Experience with the Adorama Repair department. A lens I purchased from Adorama broke, and they were quick to step in and help me get it fixed. I want to thank David ** in that department for exceptional customer service. I feel like he really was able to expedite the service and quickly resolve the issue.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a used Canon f 2.8 70=200mm non is in G condition. I got it for $899 in 2015. He was VERY honest, told me apon "the used dept" doing inspection it would be low demand they had like 20 in used stock already!!! I tried to sell this lens for 1 yr. No bites. It was banged up, scratched, but it was perfect glass, operational. I think he said $350 cash or trade. I dropped my drink...whattt???? I took $630 approx for the trade instead. I got TAMRON 16-300mm used prob dozen times. Clean. You cannot get ripped off, or angry if you say yes>? He said "We can ship it back if you prefer not to do a deal". So stop making noise..they were totally honest. Frankly I kicked myself for waiting.. I was stuck with a giant beast..and depreciation!!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

After trying repeatedly to verify my billing and shipping address, Adorama canceled my order and when I reached out to figure out the situation customer service said there was nothing they could do. I've never had this happen before with any online shopping website. Very disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I simply can't stand how Adorama deals with customer complaints about the horrendous job the shipping department does at properly packaging boxes. My first ever order from them was $12,000 worth of Sony bodies and lenses. The big box that was stuffed with all the product boxes had no protection in any way, shape, or form. It was so smashed and mangled that UPS had to completely tape a side and a whole corner to keep the box from falling apart at the seams. I didn't even ask for a return or refund on any of it.

Then the ~11,000points I accumulated from that transaction did not credit to my account for MONTHS. I lost track of how many emails I sent trying to figure out where my points were. Then the next year when I tried to use those points it kept giving me an error at checkout. After some emailing, I learned that despite showing 11,000pts in my account, they had expired because it was a month past the date I placed my first large order. I had to make a huge fuss about how ridiculous that was given the amount I spent and the fact they were not even in my account for months. They told me "too bad, so sad...that's the policy" for the first 10 emails but eventually I was stern and sarcastic enough to get them to reluctantly allot me the points I earned by spending over $12,000, woohoo.

Only for the next item I order to arrive in the same condition, the shipping box was smashed in on 2 corners, and the lens box itself had of course, NO PROTECTION at all, once again. They really look at something worth $1,200 and decide it needs nothing in the way of padding, it is the only explanation for how appallingly lacking their packages are in protection. The inside of the lens box was completely cracked meaning the box had fallen well over 8-10ft and hit the ground hard. I refuse to pay for a brand new item and get something I know has been completely dropped with no protection, it's a joke as the paying customer, and it could have COMPLETELY been avoided if they ever properly packaged anything.

Now, despite the fact that this was well documented with pictures in a timely manner they made me email back and forth between 3 different people for 2 weeks just to be told "Ok we will let you return this but we don't have it in stock so you won't get an exchange" but their website literally lists it as in-stock this very moment as I am writing this even. It said in stock last week when I shipped the package back, I made sure of it because this lens is always going out of stock. I already know they will not honor the reduced Sale price I paid for the lens originally and will tell me I have to pay the extra $350 if I want to buy it again. Because that is how they operate. IF this happens (pretty much a guarantee; I can sense it) then I'll happily do everything in my power to divert as much business away from them to B&H because honestly it's just a joke at this point.

They always speak with me like I'm trying to rip them off, it's incredibly disrespectful and even more annoying because all of this stems from poor package protection, followed by poor customer service when you want to return the item that was destroyed as a result of being poorly packaged. The cycle will not stop given these 2 factors within the Adorama business model. 2 years of the same problems, it is unacceptable. I've ordered an equal amount from B&H and even used stuff from KEH photo, not once have I ever had a single complaint or unpleasant return, so Adorama has no basis to justify this behavior on.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I ordered a item off of their Amazon store. The item was oversized so it was shipped through ground. The company that they shipped through lost the package, I called the shipping company and they had me call a different company. When I told Adorama this I was told that they no longer had anything to do with the shipment and that I needed to track it down. After I finally found the package only the partial Item was delivered two days late. Now when I call to get the package reshipped I’m told that it is Amazon's fault and they need the parts that did show up back. I have done 90% of the work on trying to figure out where my package is and why adorama only sent half of it. I will never do business with them again, Amazon is now escalating the issue up their chain while adorama either hangs up the phone and refuses to fix the issue. Do business with a different company.

Hi Joshua,

I apologize that you had this unpleasant experience with your order. If you have a moment, can you please send me your order details so I can look into what happened? You can email me directly at nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I'm highly upset because I have spent a few weeks trying to reach Lewis ** at Adorama and when I do reach him, he's not what everyone claims he is and that's an expert in the equipment they sell. I've spoken with several people in the Sales department and they refused to assist me, all of them told me that I need to talk to Lewis ** and I don't understand why they're refusing to do their Job. As a business owner with several businesses I'm not happy with my experience with this company especially, after I had one last conversation with Lewis ** and he got upset with me and hung up on me. I explained to Lewis ** that I've been trying to get ahold of him for 2 weeks and everyone I talked to, in the Sales department refused to give me a quote on the equipment I needed for my project and they all said I need to talk him about this. They put this guy on a pedestal as if he's the only person that can assist customers.

That's being lazy in your position, everyone in the Sales department should be fired starting with Louis ** and they need to hire new people that have the same knowledge. If you don't have any knowledge about the equipment that you are selling unfortunately you shouldn't be working at this company. It's not fair to always refer customers to have a conversation with one person Lewis ** doesn't check his voicemails. Right now his voicemail is full. You cannot leave him a message. Every time they transfer me to him I wasn't able to leave him a voicemail. They told me I should email him, guess what I sent him an email including Julio an email. Neither one of them responded to my email. When I had a conversation with Inigo a customer service supervisor he reached out to the supervisor in the Sales department but, unfortunately the supervisor in the Sales department had Julio call me and I had a few conversations with Julio already.

Julio already knew what I wanted. He was one of the Sales Representatives that told me that I needed to talk to Lewis **. The supervisor for the Sales department doesn't even have his name on his voicemail. You don't know who you're talking to. How can I trust someone to handle a situation regarding one of their employees when they are unprofessional themselves? My experience with this company has been horrible. I wasted time and normally I would move on instead of trying to work with a company, I tried to give this company the benefit of the doubt. The people that works in the sales department are making this company look really really bad. I encourage corporate to read this review and take action against everyone in the Sales department starting with Lewis ** and the supervisor. I have no choice but to take my business somewhere else.

I was looking forward to working with this company but unfortunately the sales department is lazy. The one thing that really upset me is the fact that Lewis told me he was going to send me a quote the same day that we had a conversation and he never sent me the quote. He started a quote and it was with three cameras and when the lady that I spoke with told me that I was really upset because I was waiting for the quote, and when I had a conversation with him yesterday for the last time I explained to him that he told me he was going to send me a quote the same day. I don't have anything to do with what took place in New York. That's out of my control and he could have emailed me informing me what was going on. It's not what you do. It's how you do it.

Lewis ** is not professional. He bragged and bragged about all projects he worked on, he talked about a project he did with John **. I didn't care about that. He told me that he worked with other studios but where is the profolio. If you are going to tell a customer about any projects you have worked on send your portfolio, no one is going to believe you if they don't see a portfolio of your work and when you are working for a company like this it's a team effort. There is no I in team. These guys they are not team players. I don't know if they have some kind of arrangement going on with Lewis **, because they keep referring people to him. It was annoying to be told each time I needed to have a conversation with him. I even explained that we are on two different time zones.

I am a business owner. I have important things that I need to do, none of them tried to reach out and have him call me until I asked to speak with him. Now then all of a sudden they transferred me to him. When I had a conversation with Lewis Arthur he was rude. He was arrogant. He was sarcastic. He was disrespectful. He did not understand, what I was looking for even though I explain to him in full detail what I am looking for in the equipment that I'm trying to purchase. He didn't understand. He kept putting me on hold for whatever reason and came back. I was placed on hold about five or six times during the first phone call we had, he lied to me telling me I need to be licensed by the FCC and I called the FCC and they told me that's not true because of the platform I'm using. He then told me that he couldn't give me a price on any equipment until he knew how many bandwidths, I was going to use.

I informed him that I found out I didn't need a license and that I'm using fiber. I provided Lewis ** with information in an email and I never received a quote so out of frustration, I explained that I'm done and I told him, "You are a joke and you wasted my time. I spent 2 weeks trying to get ahold of you for this." It seems like people don't understand or want to help me with the equipment that I need for my project because I'm doing things differently than how it's setup now. I've noticed that Companies in New York, California and Florida have employees that loves to waste customers' time and they're not very knowledgeable at all.

Hi Michael,

I was concerned after reading your review regarding your experience with our Sales department.

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. I would welcome an opportunity to look into this. If you have a moment, can you please email me directly at nancym@adorama.com

Sincerely,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The website clearly says orders placed after 6:00 PM EST would be shipped same day. I placed my order at 4:50 EST I was told that my order will not be shipped until tomorrow. I need it tomorrow and they are hard to find. Because it did not meet an 8:30 AM EST limit. The website clearly shows the above. Apparently, there is a tab along with many other tabs in light blue about Covid restrictions. All other companies have this in big yellow boxes. Cancelled my order! Do not do business with them. Dishonesty!

Hi Michelle,

We apologize that our website did not clearly indicate our updated shipping cut-off. I have raised this to our web team for review.

We are very sorry that you have had this bad experience as we value our customer satisfaction. If there is anything else that you would like to bring to our attention, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I had ordered a Camera plus two lens from the Adorama site, and it went through then shortly after it stated that my order was pending due to verification. Then spoke to an Adorama customer service rep and then the rep said that they verified and it went through and I should be getting my order. So I checked my card and saw it was charged. Then two days later I get an email from Adorama indicating they cancelled my order and my order was being returned since my card didn't go through. I checked my card and saw it had a posted number on it and it did go through but they cancelled it and they indicated that my money would be refunded in 3-5 days. (Logically it makes no sense to refund if they indicated it didn't go through) And to top it off - I also bought an item from Ebay from Adorama - and the EXACT same thing happened and I paid via Paypal - and the item got to Houston, and then they called it back.

Something is fishy about this company and I am really disappointed. I was recommended to check out this company and purchase from them but I have nothing but a bad taste and sour taste in my mouth with how they are dealing with this. Also to note I had also purchased 2 items from ebay (camera related) that same time I purchased the item from Adorama and had NO PROBLEM. It went through without a hassle. Just disappointed in this.

Hi Billy,

I was sorry to see your review regarding your most recent ordering experience. I would welcome an opportunity to look into what happened. If you have a minute, can you please send me your order details. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: July 30, 2020

I recently ordered from Adorama for the very first time. I have been looking for another reliable company to do give business to as I make 2-3 camera related orders a month. Long story short, I ordered a lens from them and a few other accessories. Everything went well except for the lens had some sort of damage on the rear element affecting image and video quality. They sent me a packing slip to exchange, however this is where it gets bad. I have to wait a few days for Adorama to receive the package, then I have to wait around 3 days for them to process the exchange and then I have to wait however many days the shipping takes. I needed this lens for a client in 2 DAYS from today, which is why I ordered much earlier in the week.

I am going along with the exchange because I can make great use of the lens I ordered, however I have to now go rent this exact lens so that I can use it for my client in 2 days. First and last order from me. I simply cannot take the risk of receiving another defective item and then waiting around a week for the entire return/exchange process. Any other times this has happened for me (twice in 6 years), the retailer simply sent out the item I ordered immediately as we both agreed that I would be charged again had they not received the defective item within a given time frame.

Adorama Camera Company Information