2.68/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

298 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 14, 2019

Terribly disappointed in Adorama. I have purchased at least six cameras from Adorama for work and personal use. I recently purchased a Nikon D750. After a few months and very minimal use, the camera started to experience shutter issues. I contacted Adorama and customer service informed me there was absolutely nothing they could do because I was outside the 30 day return window. The staff at Adorama was rude and completely unhelpful. I’ve always favored shopping at small businesses, but after this experience, I will never provide business to Adorama again.

Hi Jessica,

I apologize, It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number and I will be reviewing this order as a top priority.

Nancy Miller

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

This company would automatically sign you up for annoying daily promo emails after every order that you place with them regardless of your communication preferences checkbox while placing the order. Clicking an Unsubscribe link in those promo emails is completely useless as those emails keep coming. You can unsubscribe manually in your account preferences, but this is only good for a week or two, then this whole situation repeats. This is a first time I am seeing a company that abuses email communication that much, and wastes time of their customers.

Hi Avi,

This is Nancy from Adorama Customer Service.

I am sorry to hear this. We don't want you to feel bombarded by email promotions. I will escalate this to our Web Team and rest assured, this will be my top priority.

I will investigate what happened to your unsubscribe request. Please provide me with the email address where you are receiving these emails.

Nancy M.

Adorama Camera

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought a lens on Friday and a paid $25 for next day shipping so I can use it on Saturday for a project. But UPS tracking website says I won’t get it as late as Monday. This means they just stole my $25. I wish I saw all this reviews before I bought the lens. I don’t recommend no one to buy from this site. It only look good from far, they are scammers.

Hi Israel,

I apologize for the delay in delivering your package.

Nancy Miller

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2019

I ordered a large order from Adorama Camera on 2/11/19, which included a refurbished Nikon D500 DSLR camera. When I got the camera I instantly noticed it wasn’t working as it should. I contacted Adorama about the issue, and they told me to contact Nikon as they are the ones who refurbished it. After troubleshooting with Nikon and trying the camera again the issues came back. So I immediately contacted Adorama and told them it would have to be replaced. I shipped the item back to them exactly as instructed on 3/18. It is now 4/2 and they have not replaced or refunded the camera. They have made me jump through hoops, have been terrible about staying in contact, have not updated me, and have caused an outrageous amount of stress.

The first issue began when they sent me an email on 3/25 (a week later, they claim to process returns and exchanges in 2-3 days) saying the returned was “declined” because the serial number on the camera I sent did not match the one on file. I responded promptly that this is not possible, at least on my end. I sent the exact camera they sent me, exactly as they asked, in the condition it was sent to me in. I told them either they had recorded the wrong serial number to begin with or something seriously wrong happened during shipment - both issues are beyond my power. They responded TWO days later saying they’re working on the issue.

On 3/27 they told me I had sent the camera in the wrong box. I sent the camera back in the Nikon refurbished box it came in. I responded promptly and said I sent it back in the box it came to me in, as their return form asked. No reply. Yesterday, 4/1, I called customer service. I exclaimed my issues and they returned with the same thing that I’ve heard through emails. “The serial number doesn’t match, the box isn’t right” and I again told them how this wasn’t possible on my end. I’ve done everything they asked exactly how they asked. The customer service agent was absolutely no help. She told me she would forward my message over to the agent who had been emailing me and have her call me. 24 hrs later and I haven’t heard anything.

I understand small companies have to watch their back for scammers, but if these issues are true they are completely beyond my power. I sent the camera I was sent initially, the exact way they asked. I have emailed them multiple times with no response. The customer service agent on the phone was useless. It’s been almost two months since the initial purchase and I have nothing to show for a $1,399.95 camera. I am a college student who is completely self sufficient. I don’t have $1,400 to throw around. I have dealt with lots of companies, and this is easily the worst I’ve been treated. I have been left in the dark after 7 attempts to get the issues straightened out.

Dear Victoria

Thank you for your recent purchase from Adorama Camera, although I was concerned to note the issues you described.

I'm not actually able to identify your order without your order number, but if you can please email me I can do my best to help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 31, 2019

I ordered camera lens from them. On their webpage said free 3 day shipping. When I was checking out it said 5-7 day shipping. Just out the get-go lies. The worst customer service I ever dealt with. I will never do business with them ever again.

Dear Andres

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience and immediately copied your feedback to the Shipping Manager.

Unfortunately we are unable to identify your transaction without a little more detail; if you can please email me, this will have my early attention.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2019

Ordered a guitar on a Friday. It came in 3 colors, I ordered white. It had not shipped by Monday mid-day when I learned they lowered the price on this guitar. Contacted them, they said no, they only reduced the price on 2 colors, not white. It was a $50 price drop so I changed the color to a less desired color. An hour later they reduced the price on the white version also $50 so I called to change back to white, order miraculously shipped. They said, "Wait until it gets to you, if you want to exchange for white we will do at no cost." Today it arrived with entirely lower end electronics so I called to take the exchange offer but was told the item was sold out. I plan to return the item but was untruthful and disreputable people and company, will never do business with them again. And, as a final insult they never even credited me the $50 for the guitar they shipped me.

Dear Lindsey

I was so very sorry to see this and immediately contacted the Customer Service Manager

Unfortunately he has not been able to ID your order, which is a pity as we'd welcome the opportunity to address the issues you raised

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and if you can spare a minute would you please email me with your order number.

I very much look forward to hearing from you

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have contacted the seller back in December as I did not receive the order. They opened a claim tracking with USPS and they did not find anything, I emailed Adorama about this and they reopened it again after a month, I then called USPS and they had nothing and put it in the system that the item is missing. It has now been 3 months since this product was ordered. They’ve opened 3 claims and keep finding nothing and will not refund.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I contacted Adorama because I wanted to trade in my older camera. I shipped it to them and received an email saying I would have a quote in 3-5 days. Well the UPS tracking number said they received the camera early Monday morning and since I received the email they were already on their third day. The email said that if I did not hear from them within that time period to call.

I waited five more business days and called the man who had sent the email. He did not return my call and I was later told he had gone on vacation. I then called my original contact who said I would have a quote early the next morning, but he would follow up with an email and that I would probably already have my quote when he did. Well, he did follow up, but that next morning still no quote so he referred me to a supervisor. I told him about the broken promises, and he said, "You will have your quote by 5:00 this afternoon. If you don't, contact me." Well 5:00 came and went and still nothing.

I called him the next morning and he did finally have a quote which I agreed to. He referred me to someone to take my order. I asked when I would receive my new merchandise and he said, "I can have it to you by Tuesday." I guess he didn't really break a promise because he said can have not will have. Tuesday came and went. No camera. It finally arrived on Wednesday and while checking out everything in the box they did not send me the adapter so that I could use my older Canon lenses. I called and they are shipping it to me hopefully tomorrow. I thought finally I'm finished, but when reading the camera manual it referred me to the lens manual, which since the lens was not in the box I did not receive. So, here I go again...

Dear Michael

Thank you for your recent purchase and feedback - which I immediately shared with our Used Department Manager.
However, unfortunately I'm not able to ID your transaction without additional details

Could you please email me with your order number and it will have my early attention

Please accept my deepest apologies for this uncharacteristic failure to serve you well, and I very much look forward to hearing from you

Original review: March 21, 2019

This is a company whose employees think that the customer is a bother to deal with and is an interruption in their day. Hard nosed people who are like this: "You gonna buy something or what?" "If not, I gotta go, bye". They're all in a hurry to get back to doing nothing. All of the bad reviews on this company seem to be true considering my experience with them. You look on the Better Business Bureau page and there's 40 some odd bad reviews there. The people are not professional at all, don't do what they say they will do, and don't bother to call you back. Either lazy or stupid, which is it? If you read the reviews here and other places that there are reviews for them, it will confirm what I am saying here.

Talked to the guy there yesterday who is the one and only guy who can make decisions on offers for their used items, to make an offer on about $4000 worth of junk they got listed in their ads listed as "for parts or not working" and I told the guy my offer and he was OK with it and accepted my offer of $3800. HE, NOT ME, HE wanted me to check with the company that manufactured the items first before I bought them, to see about warranty coverage and gave me a serial number that wasn't even a serial number at all. Just a big waste of time for me and everyone else involved at the manufacturer.

I also told him that I could tell him how to fix items like these very quickly and easily that weren't working so that they could list them for full price, saving them thousands of dollars over time. Guy wasn't even interested at all. Smart huh? And this is a department manager there, or so they tell me. Called today to talk to him and buy the almost $4000 worth of items we made the deal for yesterday and no answer at his extension at just after 9 am when they open. I talked to other people there who were claiming he was coming in late at 11 am, then he was in meetings until 1 pm, and since 1 pm, I have called numerous people there numerous times and got nowhere. Called his extension as well all day long. Left message in his voice mail and no return call as well. No return call at all by the end of the day. I called early to buy the items before someone else bought them up before I could.

This is how important a $4000 sale is to them at this company. So just imagine how important a $4 or a $40 or a $400 sale is to them if a $4000 sale doesn't matter. But how stupid is it to not even be curious, to just blatantly not care that there is a simple way to fix items they have and double their money on? If that's their business model, something's wrong at Adorama. I'm quite sure if upper management or the owner got wind of this kind of stupidity, somebody would be looking for a new job. They would be if they were my employee. And to ignore information that would have saved or made a company thousands of dollars, well, I think most companies would slightly frown upon this.

Even after I said this, Helen **, their Customer Service Ambassador, responded in true corporate fashion to my reviews out there. Make the customer look like them problem. But it seems there are a lot of problem customers leaving them bad reviews at multiple sites out there. That's strange isn't it? So many people who are just bad, problem customers.

Adorama Camera response

Below is the 1st email you sent - you spoke to 12 agents; been told we aren't in the repair business & are NOT interested in paying for your advice.

"Tried to spend almost $4000 there thru a guy named Jacod. Talked to him yesterday & called all fucking day today no answer no return phone call. Talked to numerous people there more complete bullshit
Will never buy from assholes like this again Wasted my whole goddam day dealing with this bullshit

Read the fucking review I put up for you assholes"

Original review: March 9, 2019

I ordered a MSI laptop off Amazon through Adorama camera as the reseller. I paid an extra $30 for shipping. I was supposed to receive the laptop no later than yesterday on the 8th. I tracked my laptop through Amazon and they said the order hasn’t even been shipped. I tried to contact Adorama and I’m awaiting a response. I am very disappointed, if a customer spends over $1000 you would think they would value the service. I don’t want a refund I only want what I bought.

Dear Javan

Thank you for your feedback, which I immediately shared with our Customer Services Manager.

In stock items are generally shipped the same day unless there has been a payment issues, but I'm not able to ID your transaction without additional information.

Please email me & it will have my early attention.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

On Tuesday I ordered a laptop from Adorama's Amazon store and paid $46+ extra for expedited shipping. I sent an email to confirm that they could get the laptop here this week because I'm leaving the country for a year at the start of next week. They said it'd be absolutely no problem. There were no updates on the tracking by after hours Wed. I contacted support. They apologized and promised to send the computer overnight so I'd have it on Friday. Still no updates to order status. I contacted again, and was offered the same promises. I was finally given a tracking number, but all it said was that a label had been printed. I called support on Friday after there were still no updates, and sent another email. Still no updates to order status.

Talked to FedEx several times, and was told that they never received the package. Customer service outright lied to me multiple times telling me that it was shipped on Thursday. 4-5 PM Friday, no delivery, customer service is still lying to me telling me that it was shipped overnight on Thursday and "Rest assured" it would be there on Friday. Tracking updated at 4:35 PM Friday indicating that it was only then picked up from their warehouse. Seriously? I paid almost $50 at the beginning of the week for express shipping, and you don't even give it to the shipper until Friday? Needless to say the package never arrived on Friday. FedEx told me that the shipper could call them and change it to Saturday delivery. I sent emails to this effect, but once again I was lied to when they insisted it was picked up on Thursday and there was no need.

Horrible customer service. They will tell you anything they think you want to hear to make a sale, even if they can't deliver and you will be hurt in the process. I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars now to change my plane ticket because of this mess, and they won't even refund the shipping fees. I still don't have my computer, but at this rate it'll probably be used, damaged, or the wrong item. Stay away. I would not recommend this company to anyone. The email attached in images was received on Friday evening just a few hours before the delivery cut off. The FedEx screenshot proves that he was lying. He made the claim about having it there on Friday, and shipping overnight on Thursday multiple times. This is just one of the most recent.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been a loyal Adorama customer for years but no more. They used to be attentive and worked hard to resolve any problem I was having. Now when I call they use patronizing language and resolve nothing. I placed an order on a Tuesday and requested 1-3 day shipping. The online order stated I could expect the shipment Friday but when I got my FedEx tracking info it stated I would not receive my package until Monday.

I called yesterday to complain about the order that was delayed and spoke to a supervisor named Lime. He explained to me that because of my financing choice, there was a delay in processing. I asked him why there was no warning that my finance option may delay my shipment... He had no response. I asked him if he thought it would be a good idea to include this kind of warning so consumers can decide if they want to continue with the purchase, again, no response. He asked me to give him an hour to try to come up with a remedy. Three hours went by with no word...

I finally got an email from him stating the best way to resolve my issue was for ME to repurchase the items and they would expedite shipping and once the original order was returned to them they would issue a refund, this process normally takes two to three days AFTER they receive the items back. This was unacceptable to me so I canceled the order. This may seem minor but it's one of many over my last couple of purchases that have left a bad taste. I will be going elsewhere from this point forward.

Dear Michael

I was so sorry to read of your experience & noted your complaints also posted on Yelp and TrustPilot. I immediately copied your feedback to the Customer Services Manager.

Unfortunately we are unable to identify your order without an order number; if you can please email me, this will have my early attention.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have never had any issues with Adorama, quite the contrary, always very happy with them and my purchases with them, until recently. I did my first trade in with them with a Sigma Art 135 1.8 lens. They offered me 575.00 for it and took it off a Sony lens I wanted. I agreed. All was well, so I thought. While waiting for the trade in to go through, I was not sure what lens I wanted for the trade in. They suggested I purchase the lens I was thinking about - they had a 30 day return policy and if I didn't like it, I could return it before the bill came in and charge it to my Adorama account. I decided to purchase the same lens I traded in but the Sony mount (the one I traded was the Nikon mount). I quickly realized I couldn't make the Sony mount Sigma work, it's longer and heavier than the Nikon one and too big for my hand. I returned it on day 2 of having it. I kept the tracking they and saw they received it back almost the same day.

They received the return on 2/1/19. I was contacted on the following Monday by Adorama asking if I wanted store credit and the amount she gave me was not the 1399.00 I paid. I informed her that I wanted a full refund for the amount charged. She agreed. I noticed the same day a refund to my card for 600.00 less than the cost I was charged. Today is 2/14/2019, they still have not refunded it. They have the lens, charged me 1399, tax and shipping and refunded 824.00.

What really happened that I cannot get them to understand even though it's documented in my account and in the orders is, the trade in for MY NIKON lens was not applied to the order for the trade in. It's showing up as what they said a credit on the other order. How is it a credit if they refunded 824.00 of 1399 or more and they have the lens? My trade in, my own lens should have never been involved in another order. They have admitted on the phone that this was their mistake on the back end, I get a different story every time I call but they haven't refunded the full cost to a lens I returned, and I think our also trying to charge me for my trade in. Charged 1399 refunded 824.00, they still owe me the difference. As of typing this, a refund came to my e-mail in the amount of 192.00. That doesn't even make sense now I have to deal with that. I have called 6 times, latest person I spoke to is Amber.

Dear Karen

I was concerned to read your feedback and immediately copied it to the Used Department Manager.

Unfortunately we have not been able to identify you or your order, as you did not include either your order number, or your surname.

If you would like ro email me, I will be able to assist you.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The company has very poor customer service. I ran into a problem where FedEx held my package at a nearby location for pickup since it needed to be signed for. I went in twice to try and pick up the package and each time I was told that they could not locate it. I know this issue is not with Adorama but the following issue is. When I reported the issue, the Adorama customer service rep told me they would work with FedEx to find the package. At the same time he asked if I would like a refund or replacement. I said a refund. He said in another email that I should give 1-2 business days for an update. This happened on 1/29. On 1/31 I received an email stating that the rep submitted a request to refund me on 1/29. He told me to allow 'today or tomorrow' for a refund. So I waited.

On 2/3 I emailed again because there was no sign of a refund. I got an email response on 2/4 stating he submitted a follow-up on this and that I should allow 'today or tomorrow' for the refund. So I waited again. On 2/8, I still had no refund. I do understand that this can take time. The issue is the poor responses from the customer service rep telling me to wait for the refund "today or tomorrow." I was told this not once but twice. This shows either poor training on policies on Adorama's part or just poor customer service. I still don't have a refund as of 2/13 as now I am waiting for PayPal to take care of it. Buyer beware of situations like this. Customer service is not helpful. Being told 1-2 business days for a refund is false. I am now going on 2 weeks and PayPal is now involved.

Dear Sydney
I was concerned to read your feedback - here, on Yelp& on TrustPilot - & immediately copied it to the Customer Service Manager

Unfortunately we can't ID your order as you didn't include your order number or your full name in your complaints

If you email me with additional details, I will be able to look into this

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused & I look forward to hearing from you

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Me and my company had a real bad experience with Adorama and its products. We thought we are buying a new printers, but in fact it was refurbished and both printers stopped working after the first try. The issue with us is we open a new location for our business, and we did not start using those printers right away and only after 4 months. Adorama reps are acting like a "broken record" claiming that they cannot help us because of the 30 days policy had passed. I will not shop with them anymore! And this is my advice for friends and family.

Dear Ron

I was concerned to read your feedback & copied it to the Customer Services Manager

However, he has been unable to identify you from the information below, without a customer # or your family name

Can you please email me directly and this will have our early attention.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience & frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This is a situation that is still happening, and the story just keeps getting longer and longer. I had applied for an Adorama Credit Card (Comenity) and was approved. Made a purchase, which was canceled with NO email communication or phone calls notifying me that my order was canceled. So I reached out to Adorama a few days later, and they said it was canceled because it was marked as fraud by Comenity. I reached out to Comenity, got it all sorted out, and replaced my order.

A few days go by and the order is still marked as "processing" on the website. So I call Adorama to find out what's going on, only to find out my order was placed on hold AGAIN because they still think it's fraud, which I never received email communication about AGAIN. Spoke to somebody from Adorama customer service who was very very rude.

Adorama refuses to say it's an issue on their end, and Comenity also says everything is approved on their end, which I believe is the case. Nobody can seem to figure out what is going on with my Adorama order. The only thing they offered me to help is that they will update it to 2-day shipping for free once it's finally approved.

So in conclusion, don't be fooled by the nicely designed website of Adorama like I was. Their customer service seems to know nothing and will only offer to make things right if you keep complaining over and over. Been over a week of me trying to get my items sent and still nothing. Currently, I'm awaiting Adorama to call the person who placed my order on hold. I will update this as the situation evolves.

Dear Mark

I was concerned to read your feedback & copied it to the Sales Manager & the Verification Team.

However, they've been unable to identify you from the information below, without a customer # or your family name

Can you please email me directly and this will have our early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Buyer beware on the Adorama Credit Card. This is a chinsy bank and I discovered their first scam. They will make you pay with a bank or debit card and give you every outward appearance that you a scheduling a reoccurring payment. You are not! You must pay manually every month! I was hit with a late fee and phone calls that let me know whats going on. Here's the stab in the back: They instantly forgive the late fee of $27 for the first offense but are ready and waiting for you to forget the next payment and collect. Strings attached financing!

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to read your review, however, please understand that Adorama is only a retailer not a bank.

If you have billing or customer service issues regarding the credit card you can complain to the card issuer Comenity Capital Bank issued your Credit Card.

Alternatively, if you would like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, referencing this complaint, I will be delighted to pass this on for you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

On the Christmas Day, I ordered the Google Home Hub $99 with two mini free as they advertised in the website but I end up only received Home Hub. I called and they said, “Only if you ordered on December 24.” After I send the screenshot, they send me two mini free. A reputable company should not do this trick. They should honor the advertising even a mistake.

Dear Warren

Thank you for your recent order, although I was pretty surprised to see that you awarded Adorama only a single star.

The deal you refer to was indeed only valid on orders placed December 24th, nevertheless as a one-time courtesy you were sent the 2 additional items as a gift.

My experience is that the majority of customers would leave a review giving a high star rating, not the bare minimum.

I hope you will reconsider, and review he rating.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I sent in a camera body and several lenses for trade or cash. After negotiating a trade with Mr. **. I gave my credit card number and asked him when it would be shipped. He said, that day which was January 31, 2019. I now have called for emailed all day 2/1/2019 asking for tracking info as I need this equipment for my job. No return calls, no email. Nothing. It seems they will say or do anything to make a deal with no regard for their actions.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Will update this review as things evolve. I recently bought an Polk LSiM system from Adorama which was not cheap. This is the first time I have used this company and will likely be the last. One of the main tower speakers arrived damaged but the box it arrived in looked ok. Within hours of receiving the item I filed a damaged item report and requested an exchange. I didn't hear anything for a day so I called their customer service. They asked me to send more pictures of the item, including the box it came in so within 30 minutes of speaking with them I did. I didn't hear anything. I called them back the next day and they told me they didn't have the new photos I sent attached to my account but verified they received the pictures.

They then told me they would need an additional 1 to 2 business days to submit a claim to a different department before they could "have a response for you". I expressed that this was unacceptable to wait this long and all I got was "we will add a note to your account that you want this expedited. We just received your photos"... No you received them 24 hours ago. I don't want it expedited, I want a non-broken speaker and this 80 lb giant box of junk out of my house. Instead I will now have to wait almost a week for a response and they haven't even told me they will take it back (I will not rest until they do, they can count on that). In the meantime I have an expensive stereo system with no left front speaker, a box of junk in my living room, and a charge on my credit card. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

[This review will be updated as the situation evolves.] I received a MacBook Pro today that was not surrounded by the sparse packing cushions and had clearly been moving freely in the box. Aside from the UN3481 label, there is no label to indicate that the box’s contents are fragile, so it’s reasonable to assume that the computer has been bouncing around in the box for who-knows-how-long.

I haven’t even taken the computer out of its packaging, because I don’t want to assume responsibility for any damage it may have suffered. Even if it seems to be in perfect condition, there’s no telling how shock damage might affect its lifespan. Aside from simply being unacceptable, receiving a damaged computer affects my education and livelihood, as this is replacing a dead school and work computer. I can’t afford to be without a computer as I wait for a return process, so I’m not sure of how to proceed. As of the writing of this review, I’m waiting on Adorama’s response, and I will update as the situation unfolds.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

0% interest offer from Adorama is a SCAM. I signed up for this. After 3 months I still have no paperwork, no statements, no account number and no way to pay without this info. I try to go online to pay and I'm told I need an account number, I call in and they say the same. Each month when I call they confirm an address I've never heard of. So I update it, again. Still no paperwork or account number. As a result they are racking up the interest charges and have turned me over to collections. They say the ONLY way to get the account number is through the mail, yet they make sure the mail never goes to the correct address. A scam so that they can collect interest. I would never do business with them or Adorama again. Customer service is painfully rude and refuses to send thing in any way that can be tracked.

Dear Robert

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the Adorama credit card, however I believe there may have been a misunderstanding
The credit line is underwritten by Comenity Bank NOT by Adorama. Therefore you need to raise these issues with the credit provider directly. This online form should help:

Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion caused

Regards

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I rarely write these types of reviews for companies but due to the service I received, I feel I need to tell a great experience with Adorama customer service. I had been tracking prices for the Canon M50 Video Creator kit which includes the camera, 32GB SD Card and a mic for the past year. In Dec 2018, Adorama had the best prices for the kit with free shipping and no taxes so I pulled the trigger. I saw that the kit itself was out of stock and I was ok for whenever it came back in stock. I had actually ordered this kit mid-2018 from B&H and it was out of stock but after 1 month, I canceled the order. I didn't know what to expect with Adorama but I was at least willing to wait 1 month.

In about 1.5 weeks, a rep named Jessie contacted me by phone and email. They said the kit was out of stock and asked if they could send me the individual pieces of the kit (camera, SD card and mic) instead. I was amazed that a company even cared that I got my product in time to offer an alternate solution. I was the one that ordered out of stock so Adorama did not owe me anything to separate the items out. I took their offer and just got the entire package today. I am amazed at their customer service. I've never had this type of treatment before. I know I was a bit concerned about ordering from Adorama initially due to online reviews but after this experience, I felt I owed a positive experience so people can see that it's not bad at all. It was actually beyond what I expected. I will for sure order directly from them for any future camera needs. They have a customer for life.

Resolution response: Jan. 19, 2019

After providing my order number, they resolved this matter by exchange wrong colored speakers to matching ones.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I ordered Polk Audio LSiM 707 Series 5 Speaker Home Theater System in Midnight Mahogany. They sent me two speakers in Cherry color. When I contacted them to request to exchange them to right color, their reply was, "Midnight color are not in stock." But on their website they have been advertise Midnight mahogany color speakers. I’m very upset when they made mistakes sending wrong products and refuse to exchange for the right ones. Instead of fix their mistake they have giving me excuses not exchange them.

Hi Seong

Thank you for your recent purchase from Adorama 'though I was concerned to read the description of your experience

I shared your feedback with our Customer Services Manager, but unfortunately we are unable to identify your order without additional details

Please email me with your order # so I can assist

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I am quite upset with how Adorama has handle customer service. We bought a Mavic 2 Enterprise, Enterprise Fly More kit, and Enterprise Shield Protection. It wasn't until our items shipped that we were made aware that the Enterprise Shield protection is backordered. Mind you, I was told everything was in stock. We need the Enterprise Shield from the moment I register the drone. We would have never purchased any of this from Adorama of the shield wasn't in stock. Would you drive a new car without insurance being activated yet?

It is going on 2 weeks trying to resolve this with Adorama and DJI...and no resolve. How is an extended coverage plan backordered anyways? Why can't DJI issue it themselves. I was so excited on ordering my first Adorama items... Now I am sad and frankly upset. I am blown away on how this has not been resolved yet...it seems like a simple resolve. As of right now...over 35 emails in chain and multiple phone calls and ZERO RESOLVE... BUY ELSEWHERE.

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent order from Adorama. although I was concerned to read the description of your experience.

I shared your feedback with our Customer Services Manager, however we are unable to ID your order without additional information.

Can you please email me with your order number?
Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused, & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service on the website is fast and outstanding. They helped me even though my order was difficult. At first I forgot to put in an order through my student ID, then they helped me process a reversal where a package would be intercepted and refunded for me to re-order. Then, I realized there was no student discount on my order, so I asked to cancel the interception, which they have been nothing but helpful with in quickly contacting UPS. They put up with my idiotic behavior and assisted me with professionalism and haste and truly demonstrated exceptional customer service in all aspects of my support today. Cara ** and Albert ** are the real MVPs and deserve raises for putting up with me and my dumbness.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I recently purchased a Fender Mustang Bass through Adorama. I purchased the bass through Adorama for two reasons - 1) They had an amazing price on the bass and 2) They have a color option called surf pearl that is exclusive to Adorama. I purchased the bass using shop runner 2 day shipping on Thursday 12/20. The bass arrived on 12/27. I realize that during the holidays shipping times can vary so I was fine with it arriving on the 27th. I was also happy to take a small amount of time off work to receive the package until I opened the box and the bass was damaged. The finish on the bass was cracked where the neck met the body of the bass.

I called customer support and they stated that I could return the item for a refund or for a replacement. This was an easy process and I dropped the bass off at UPS for return the same day Thursday the 27th. I had inquired about receiving expedited shipping on the replacement item since the originally item was damaged. Customer support stated this was not an option. So overall ordering and returning was easy but the item was received damaged and the idea of expedited return shipping on the replacement item was not an option. Depending on when the replacement item arrives I will also need to take time off again to receive the item when delivered.

The returned item arrived at Adorama today Wednesday 1/2. Depending on the turn around time of the replacement item and its condition once received would allow me to provide a higher rated review for Adorama. All of this is written knowing there can be delays due to the holidays. I guess overall I'm just a bit disappointed that the item was received damaged and having to wait a couple of weeks to get to play this sweet new bass.

Hi Kellie

Thank you so much for your purchase, and for your feedback - although I was concerned to note that the guitar arrived damaged.

I'd welcome an opportunity to look into this further; are you able to email me with your order number?

Thank you, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ended up losing money taking off from work and damaged goods with this company! I want to be as unbiased as I can about my experience with Adorama. I actually am a first time customer, so I would hope for the best going forward. I decided to buy a bundle as a Christmas gift for someone. They had a deal going on: Canon T6 + Pixma Pro Printer + Glossy Printer paper ($649, but $299 after a $350 gift card). I placed my order in a snap, and 4 hours later I get a “item is on backorder” email. Ok that’s fine. I can wait a little bit. Several weeks pass, and every week I’m told it’s the next week or give two more weeks. So I wait. That’s fine.

On Christmas Eve I finally get my order and lo and behold, the printer and paper are damaged. I had a rude rep who was arguing about the weight of the printer claiming it’s only 10 lbs and why I couldn’t take it to UPS myself (which it weighs more 50 lbs+ and I have a small vehicle. It can’t fit). I call again and get Iris who I explain I that I understand it’s Christmas but can I either: 1.) Return this printer and have a replacement sent, it’s for a gift and my family are leaving for the end of year. 2.) Keep the printer and get a partial refund for the inconvenience.

Iris puts in a request to pick up the printer and to expedite a undamaged printer and paper the day after Christmas, and she promised a $50 in store gift card which I had no complaints and was a satisfied customer. I end up having to lose 2 days of work and staying home all day waiting for UPS because they never came nor did the gift card. Actually UPS put on the 2nd day they came and no one was home, which I have footage of them clearly bypassing my home without stopping. Sure enough I had to get on the phone again and finally UPS came that day and picked it up. All is well right? Nope Adorama ends up sending me a refund for only the printer so now I can’t even get the $350 rebate and no printer or paper (or gift card as promised).

So after waiting over a month, losing money for two days taking off from work to wait for UPS, and dealing with rude reps, I am currently sending the camera back and getting a refund, but I don’t EVER want to do business again with this company! At least they could come with a better solution when they inconvenience customers, but a simple robotic “we appreciate your interest and sorry” that’s the standard for most companies is all you get. I ended up just getting my girlfriend another gift. When companies inconvenience like this, it’s terrible, especially when it’s your first time ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have been very satisfied with Adorama until this point. Last night I placed 2 Novatron nt4520 grids in my cart for $10.19 each. After entering my credit card info, the price changed to over $52 each!. So I told my wife, no big deal... I'll call them in the morning. I just got off the phone with 2 people which both told me basically I'm bbnout of luck. Not even an attempt to make it right. I even reached out to them on Facebook to have a record of my attempts to correct the issue. To add to the matter... my order history is missing along with my VIP 360 status. I wont need it anymore. I do not plan on 2019's purchase order to be fulfilled by Adorama any longer. I am disappointed. I've always liked Adorama.

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2018

I would have withdrawn the review, since the company issued a refund nearly one month after my original complaint, but Helen **, is customer service is very clear that the previous review was false. However, on December 28th, the review was accurate and yes, the refund was subsequently issued -- but, I had to chase after this refund well over 15 times in both email and voice contact.

Be that as it may, this ugly experience is now at an end and unless the company has another retort, this matter is closed as far as I am concerned. Please also understand, as a past customer and an American, this is my opinion of the company and am free to express it. This is what reviews are for. I do thank Shae **, who was another representative in this company who saw that there was going to be no end to this, and I believe saw that it was unfair, that through the holidays, a customer had to be put under so much stress.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Order No. **. I would stay away from this merchant and go to either amazon or B&H --- the customer service is so bad and they constantly make misrepresentations. I placed an order for over 1000 dollars that was supposed to be delivered early December. Although it was said to be left at my doorstep, I did not receive it, have not been issued a refund or a replacement order processed.

Originally, they stated a refund would be issued by them on December 14, 2018, after UPS completed they investigation, which was part of their procedure. I have actually looked into this and this is very rare for merchants to do, but I trusted them. After no response from them, I again contacted them on a number of occasions and was told, the UPS investigation would be completed on December 24th, and that a refund would be processed. After Christmas, I was given yet a different story by Helen **, one of their rep. stating they would not issue the refund and, or a replacement. She was also not responsive to my other concerns.

They have essentially stolen my money, and will not take any responsibility. This company has no ethics. I week after this order that went missing, I had trusted them and bought over a 2k camera, with a defect and they will not even respond to my concern yet within 30 days. From speaking to many representative, (including a senior rep in NYC -Helen ** -- their call centers in Asia are of no help) both email and some voice calls, I have they lying. When you buy items, merchants should be more interested in building loyalty and repeat business. This company has no care or respect for its customers, and they have lost a very expensive account. Be very careful with you hard earned money, stay away from them. Check out their very many negatives online and via the Better Business Bureau.

Adorama Camera response

As this customer was REFUNDED IN FULL, yesterday, 27th December, his allegation is untrue.

Adorama Camera Company Information