3.30/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Adorama Camera Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Concerning any bad reviews here, I have had to return 3 lenses totaling over 7K in the last month, and they quickly refunded everything back no questions asked. They also credited me 200 bucks, the difference, on a camera I purchased almost a month ago when it went on sale last week. Seriously, Adorama has quickly returned and credited my credit card on several items that I purchased in error as a somewhat newbie. I do everything on their website, but I have called them a few times. They are New Yorkers, and some of them might come across as a little rough around the edges in New York fashion, but they are professional and care about helping me with the best deal. They even worked on breaking apart a bundle deal for me because I had already purchased another item.

I have never had a single problem over the last six weeks making about 15 purchases totaling about 13K, many returns made by mistake, getting refunded, or shipping. I only regret not purchasing their awesome VIP360 membership which I will do tomorrow if they can cover my recent purchases (they have never said no to me). They also have great support, a learning center, Adorama TV, and so many more benefits. Seriously, as a big Amazon shopper, I buy all my camera gear and lighting from Adorama only. They are also a big company with many customers, but some people are just never happy no matter what you do for them. Some of the negative comments here are suspect for me because of my experience with Adorama, and they don’t deserve some of the comments made here.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Great Experience with the Adorama Repair department. A lens I purchased from Adorama broke, and they were quick to step in and help me get it fixed. I want to thank David ** in that department for exceptional customer service. I feel like he really was able to expedite the service and quickly resolve the issue.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a used Canon f 2.8 70=200mm non is in G condition. I got it for $899 in 2015. He was VERY honest, told me apon "the used dept" doing inspection it would be low demand they had like 20 in used stock already!!! I tried to sell this lens for 1 yr. No bites. It was banged up, scratched, but it was perfect glass, operational. I think he said $350 cash or trade. I dropped my drink...whattt???? I took $630 approx for the trade instead. I got TAMRON 16-300mm used prob dozen times. Clean. You cannot get ripped off, or angry if you say yes>? He said "We can ship it back if you prefer not to do a deal". So stop making noise..they were totally honest. Frankly I kicked myself for waiting.. I was stuck with a giant beast..and depreciation!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I rarely write these types of reviews for companies but due to the service I received, I feel I need to tell a great experience with Adorama customer service. I had been tracking prices for the Canon M50 Video Creator kit which includes the camera, 32GB SD Card and a mic for the past year. In Dec 2018, Adorama had the best prices for the kit with free shipping and no taxes so I pulled the trigger. I saw that the kit itself was out of stock and I was ok for whenever it came back in stock. I had actually ordered this kit mid-2018 from B&H and it was out of stock but after 1 month, I canceled the order. I didn't know what to expect with Adorama but I was at least willing to wait 1 month.

In about 1.5 weeks, a rep named Jessie contacted me by phone and email. They said the kit was out of stock and asked if they could send me the individual pieces of the kit (camera, SD card and mic) instead. I was amazed that a company even cared that I got my product in time to offer an alternate solution. I was the one that ordered out of stock so Adorama did not owe me anything to separate the items out. I took their offer and just got the entire package today. I am amazed at their customer service. I've never had this type of treatment before. I know I was a bit concerned about ordering from Adorama initially due to online reviews but after this experience, I felt I owed a positive experience so people can see that it's not bad at all. It was actually beyond what I expected. I will for sure order directly from them for any future camera needs. They have a customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service on the website is fast and outstanding. They helped me even though my order was difficult. At first I forgot to put in an order through my student ID, then they helped me process a reversal where a package would be intercepted and refunded for me to re-order. Then, I realized there was no student discount on my order, so I asked to cancel the interception, which they have been nothing but helpful with in quickly contacting UPS. They put up with my idiotic behavior and assisted me with professionalism and haste and truly demonstrated exceptional customer service in all aspects of my support today. Cara ** and Albert ** are the real MVPs and deserve raises for putting up with me and my dumbness.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have purchased thousands of dollars in equipment with Adorama. I have also done the same with B&H. I have traded high cost items with Adorama previously and had a fair trade experience. This time...Jack **, a manager in the used equipment department, thinks I'm a fool. His first cash offer for my photo equipment was less than 50% of the value, NOT the 70%, as advertised. I was told if I was trading for Adorama items, I would get more money for my trade. I felt like I was buying and selling a used car. They try to push the trade through. They NEVER provided an itemized value they determined for each item I shipped. I asked for it and it was not provided.

Since there is mark up with new equipment, I knew I would get a better deal by trading and purchasing. I took screenshots of Adorama's website with the matching photo equipment that I was selling in same condition. I took Adorama's list price as my basis for what I valued my equipment and then took the 70% mark, which they advertise. (Mint: Profoto D2 Duo 1000w/s, Excellent: Canon 400mm f2.8 IS USM II, Excellent Canon 5DMIV & more).

I sent an e-mail to Mr. ** outlining the items I wanted to trade in and what I was willing to accept for them. I also itemized a list of the new items I wanted to purchase with the trade. He calls me on the phone rushed and tells me I have a zero out of pocket trade for my desired purchases and it would be going to ship out. I thought great! Happy customer...

I then get a shipping notice and invoice and when I go to my Adorama Account to find a credit worth much less than agreed to and several items on my list had been excluded. In other words...Mr. ** gave me a $6,100 credit for equipment, with a minimum value at the discounted rate of at least $1,000 more! That was just for the three items I actually listed when I sent several other items I haven't included in this review. I sent an email trying to clear up any misunderstanding and Mr. ** respond for me to call him. I called and left him a message with NO return call. Until now this is still NOT resolved. At minimum, I now have to get my attorney involved to attempt to resolve this issue. I would say SELLER BEWARE!

Hi Kyle,

I was sorry to read the review you left here as well as on Yelp. I have raised this issue to our Trade department and they should be contacting you soon.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2019

After further interaction with the Trade department, I am even more convinced that this is not a company that I want to do business with. Shortly after posting my review, an Adorama representative contacted me to apologize for my experience. She said after communicating with the Trade department, it seemed there was a mistake on my trade and they would be crediting me the $200 that should have been added initially as well as $50 for the dissatisfaction it caused. This was a quick response and a fair resolution that left me feeling happy. However, that resolution is not what ended up happening.
      When I didn’t see a credit, I followed up with the Adorama representative to clarify, and she responded that she would follow-up with the Trade department. What resulted was being contacted by yet another person from the Trade department who would not email specifics but wanted to talk on the phone. When we were finally able to connect, it was again a similar experience to my initial interaction with the Trade department: fast talking, aggressive, and pushy. That is not my style and that is not who I want to interact with nor do business with. This man didn’t know what had been discussed before and provided me a $100 credit so I would “feel respected”. I am not a confrontational person and did not argue or push for the $250. If I was a different person, I probably could have negotiated to receive the difference. But that is not the point.
      The point is you want to do business with a company that has integrity and does the right thing because it is the right thing to do and stands behind what it says it will do. Not because you argue, are aggressive and bully to get a good deal. You want a fair deal that is good for both you and the company, not unequally weighted to whoever is the most aggressive and pushy. The Adorama Trade department just throws around numbers willy nilly. There doesn’t seem to be a concrete rational or a consistent policy. It depends on who you talk to. And that leaves you with a distrustful feeling that you are not getting a square deal. As I said to Adorama, I appreciate the credit, but I still stand by my review that because of my negative experience with the Trade department, this is not a company I would recommend nor continue to support.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

For years, I have bought both used and new lens from Adorama. I have been very happy with the buying process and always been happy with what I received. My whole opinion changed when I sent in a lens to trade in. The email I received about the trade-in value of my lens only asked me to call to talk to someone. I was quickly handed off to a second person who told me what they would pay me for my lens and wanted to know if I had been thinking about buying a new lens. I had and when I told them what I wanted, I was then transferred to a third man. This third gentleman talked so fast, he probably had my card on file charged before I could even get to my wallet to verify it. It was this interaction that has left me with such a sour, disgusted taste in my mouth, that I don't want to do business with Adorama again.

To summarize, for the new Nikon 85mm 1.4 I wanted, he told me Adorama doesn't have any new ones in-stock, but that it was to my advantage because he could get me a top-of-the-line used model for $1596. In addition to my lens credit of $650, he would add $200 and throw in free shipping and no tax, so my total was $596. And that didn't sound right. After getting off the phone, I looked it up on the website. A NEW 85mm 1.4 is $1446 (which is the amount those other numbers actually add up to). A E+ used version is listed for $1086. I called him back, he told me that was a print error on the website, but he would honor that price. However, now I lost the $200 credit (because of honoring the correct price?) but he could still give me an extra credit of $40 making my new total $399.

The problem is, it happened so fast, I didn't have time to think.

My expectations of how Adorama does business is by clearly presenting all the relevant data and then allowing their customers to make thoughtful, informed decisions. I was caught off guard by the used car salesman fast talking techniques of the over-the-phone-Adorama. I waited the rest of the day for verification of my transaction, but all I got in the evening (after hours) was a shipping notification. I did not receive any verification of the trade-in of my lens, the details as discussed over the phone of the purchase of the used lens, or verification of the used quality of the lens being sent to me. The Adorama employee lied to me about not having new models in stock, tried to cheat me on the price of a used one, and didn't honor the additional $200 trade-in credit when correcting the price. Save yourself the stress and headache and sell your used equipment elsewhere.

Hi,

I was so sorry to read the description of your experience with our Trade team.

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for this and have immediately notified the Trade Department manager to have this reviewed. Please if you need anything else do not hesitate to reach out.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased a used flash from Adorama and the listing mentioned all the features on the flash. I paid for shipping and when It arrived I realized it had an E1 error so it was bricked and unusable. On the listing, it mentioned that if it does not work I could return the item within 30 days. When I talked to customer support they said that they already knew about this error and this item was only for parts.

I read the whole listing and this was not mentioned whatsoever for parts or any E1 error. I double-checked my receipt and emails about the purchase...nothing was mentioned. The rep told me it was unreturnable due to the disclaimer. I requested the listing information and they said it was taken down and they will need to retrieve it. I knew they were lying at this moment so I said, "No. I need a refund or I will call my bank," and only then did they grant me my refund but without the shipping cost refund. They then told me I had to pay UPS to ship this item back and I would be out of over 80 dollars due to their mistake. They finally granted me a free shipping label to return but I am not sure they will issue me a refund after seeing reviews on here. I may have to contact my bank for this fraud transaction. I needed a second flash and 2 aperture 120 D's and I ended up purchasing from Amazon instead. Never purchasing from Adorama again. You lost a customer.

Hi Jeremy,

I was sorry to read about your experience with your most recent purchase from Adorama. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused. I have sent you a separate email with details of what happened.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

NEVER EVER TRADE IN YOUR EQUIPMENT with Adorama!!!! I warn you- they are big scammers out here! I send my almost new Nikon Gear in for evaluation: Nikon D750, Nikkor 35mm 1.4 and Sigma 85mm 1.4. Speed light sb700 and few other items. Everything barely 1 year old. Some still on a warranty. I waited almost 3 weeks to get back with me because of the holiday they observe in October.

Well, they offered me very small money. Laughable. But that’s not the worst. They trade in department is rude and uncaring. Arthur is talking to you like you are beggar and not a customer. I talked to them about just exchange for Sony gear. Zeiss Batis 85 mm, Tamron 28-75 and a Flashpoint Speedlight V1. They said I will need to pay extra $200 which I did not agree to and asked to send me my gear back. So they offered just even exchange with no extra charge for open box equipment. I was particularly worry about Zeiss, and asked multiple times if that’s the lens I am getting and was confirmed that that’s the one.

I am getting email now that they send me Sony 85 mm not Zeiss 85mm which is $350 cheaper!!! Where is the deal guys?! They just give me open box equipment for the same money they offered me on a beginning (if I would take cash). ADORAMA TRADE IN DEPARTMENT WORKS LIKE FIRST CLASS SCAMMERS!!! They want to give you cheaper stuff. I want my equipment back ADORAMA! I will have my business elsewhere and never buy from you again! I want to warn everybody- never trade in your gear there. Go to B&H - they are serious people who treat you like gold, and don’t act like scammers in Adorama! I hope I can get my gear in same condition I send there, with all the warranty and original packaging! You would think they value they reputation and customers, but all they want is to cheat you and make profit. Unbelievable!

Hi Maria,

I was sorry to read the feedback you left here as well as on Yelp.

Please accept my apologies for the experience you had with our Trade team. I did see that you have been in contact with them and they worked out on getting you the correct item this time. Please, if you need anything else do not hesitate to reach out.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I was looking at an item on Amazon earlier today. Not too long after that I received an email from Adorama stating “We took a selfie of the item you had your eye on! Grab it before it's gone!” I don’t know how they managed to snoop into what I was searching for, but that’s a major invasion of privacy!

Hi Robin,

I was concerned after reading your review and would like to investigate why you would receive that email. If you have a moment, can you please forward to me the email you received? My email is nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Company Information