3.9/5 (582 ratings)

About Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

Adorama Camera Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Sent 2500$ DAC 700$ Headphones for sale and after emails saying they have items....NOTHING... They won't answer Phone calls... Return messages or Emails.. The Call Center is on another Planet and is a Joke as they do not get what you are explaining to them and leave you Worse For Wear....

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I ordered a memory card for my Z9 with other items. The $179.99 card was missing. I was told I'd get a refund however dealing with their overseas call center was a nightmare. Still waiting 4 weeks later.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

At the beginning of October I sent in some equipment in consideration of a possible trade in. A week later I was told it would be a month before I would hear back. After realizing that I did not want to be without my equipment for that long I initiated communication by both phone and email. Phone calls went to voicemail and have not been returned as have emails which have not received an answer. My request is that I receive what is mine returned to me promptly. I am willing to pay shipping costs if need be. I consider the lack of any response by the company to be unacceptable and can no longer recommend them as a viable outlet for selling/trading equipment.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Scammers, be advised if you purchase anything from Adorama must record video/take photo of content opening the ordered product.(in case if you have to return the product ). They will claim they shipped you in original box. They will charge 15% restocking fees for the box they never shipped you in first place. I ordered sigma lens from them received without manufacturer's box. I returned the item and they charged me 15% restocking fees for the reason given box missing (which they never shipped to begin with). They scam people by charging restocking fees for the box they never shipped to begin with. Avoid them at any cost.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I bought a Lumix camera from them back on September 03, 2022. As of I write this review right now on October 3, no shipment. They said the order is being verified. WTH!! It takes 1 week and you have not verify it. I call the verification department, they hung up on me. I will never do business with you guys again. Terrible service.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Highly encourage everyone to take their business elsewhere. They are great at taking money but be very wary on the off chance you need to return something. I even paid for their VIP 360 and have had a return pending for almost 30 days which over 20 emails to their support team. Had to escalate to the BBB. Highly encourage you to look at their rating there!! Wish I did before purchasing.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I was so excited for my Adorama order placed in July 2022 (Over $5,000 USD). After I placed the order, it was immediately placed on hold. When I called the verification department, they stated that their system could not match me up with the shipping address. I stated this is my address as per the listing on my state-issued Driver's License, but this was not an acceptable verification method for Adorama. I stated I have a lease agreement indicating I am paying for and am residing at this address, but this was not an acceptable verification method for Adorama. Their only approved verification method provided would be proof of address associated with a landline.

In July 2022....I'm not sure if Adorama has picked up on this yet....but a lot of us, dare I say the majority, are not paying for a redundant landline as most of us are using cellphones. My order was cancelled as they were not able to accept any verifications from documents that any governmental agency would accept. What an ancient process. Now, there is still a pending charge of the $5K+ amount sitting on my credit card which Adorama will not remove so I can't even go to another company to purchase the equipment as the credit is no longer available. CSR states that they will not be assisting with cancellation of the pending charge even though the order has been cancelled. So they're basically holding my funds hostage (when I was specifically buying during a two-day sale-a-rama which, of course, will not be active once the pending charge is removed (I hope) in several days).

Original review: May 11, 2022

I am missing battery pack, USB charger, AC connecting are all missing in the box. I asked them to sending the missing items. I was asked to send pictures of what I got. I asked them that I will return the item because if the unprofessional response from one of the associate Ryan. He asked me to return the items unfortunately my son has lost the box for the camera. They are rip off so I am not even sure if the camera works as I cannot test it.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Currently my credit card is investigating disputes I filed with Adorama as they charged me twice for an USB cable and failed to cancel a laptop computer that was advertised in stock for immediate delivery. Once they processed the purchase they informed me it would take over two months to receive the laptop. Immediately I requested a cancellation and was informed that’s not their ‘policy.’ This company clearly lacks integrity. I would advise consumers to buy elsewhere. They are crooks!

Adorama Camera response

Hi Sheri,

I was sorry to read about your recent ordering experience with Adorama. I would welcome an opportunity to look into this. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order number at nancym@adorama.com. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Nancy Miller

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Very unsatisfactory and a nightmare of an experience. Would not recommend company or purchase anything from company again. Poor customer service and lack of truthful communication with customer on progress of claim. Purchased a camera and received a camera box with the camera missing. Reported immediately and took videos and pictures of package received. Customer service was called almost daily and the generic response of “we will contact you in 1-2 business days” was received but they did not call or attempt to contact customer back. The customer went to Adorama in New York to address concerns and had to wait over 6 hours in lobby with no resolution. Customer had to wait Over 2 months before a refund and resolution was received. Customer had to get their bank involved and after the bank mentioned possible legal proceedings, a refund was made promptly. Customer had to pay $120 in shipping for this ordeal.

Adorama Camera Company Information