2.12/5
  • 1 star
Based on 30 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

207 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Ordered a camera lens on sale, First problem UPS says no unit number on shipping label, Adorama states this was on shipping label. I had to use UPS automated system to update my address. UPS delivers to some random address. Both UPS and Adorama notified. UPS picks up package and tries to deliver to yet another random address and person refuses delivery, or so I was told. Package is returned to Adorama. Second problem, I contact Adorama yet again and make it clear that I do not want refund, I want the camera lens I ordered. Received email from Adorama today... "Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, the refund was processed instead of replacement. Your refund was issued on 01/17/18 back to your original payment source. If you do not see it reflected in your account within 3 business days, please contact your payment source. Enclosed please find a copy of your refund invoice. We apologize for the inconvenience."

So camera lens no longer on sale, I can reorder but for hundreds of dollars more than the first order, and never mind the hours of my time trying to fix this. There are plenty of retailers who sell all the same things that Adorama does but with a functioning customer service department. I will repurchase this lens, just elsewhere. Time to cut my losses. I do place a value on my time especially when that time runs into many hours on the phone engaging in exercises of futility.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Bought a RAM kit for my laptop, for which, they charged my credit card, immediately. Was given shipping information, that never updated to show that the item had ever actually been shipped, or even given to the shipper. Waited almost 2 weeks, having still not received my order, and after their shipper had still not received my item from Adorama, and called their customer service department. I was told I had to wait another two days, in order to be outside their "Shipment Lost" parameters. Called back, two days later to cancel my order and receive a refund and was told I'd receive an email showing proof of said cancellation, later that day - not immediately, and no confirmation number given. Received said email that night, to say I was given an Adorama CREDIT, not REFUND.

Coincidentally, I also received a message at about this same time, saying that the item was now out of stock, and had been back ordered - and that I'd receive an email when and if it ever came back in - ALL WHILE THEY'VE STILL GOT MY MONEY. Now, I need to call back again, to see if their CSRs in India (which are ALL of them - they have no customer service in the US) will even grant this reversal for a refund. If not, we'll simply be disputing the charge with our credit card company. This falls into one of the top worst, most frustrating and borderline felonious purchasing experiences I've ever had, in my 50 years on this planet. Absolutely horrible. ONLY SHOP WITH ADORAMA IF YOU HATE YOURSELF.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Bought a 5k camera, said it was in stock and ready to ship same day, it never shipped so I cancelled and re-ordered to be sure it was in fact in stock. On the second order it was showing as still in stock, I ordered first thing in the am so everything could be verified and shipped same day, this was all done and customer service assured me it would ship, anyways it didnt as it wasnt in stock. Will never in my life shop with them again as they clearly dont know what they are doing.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I placed an order with Adorama with plenty of time for delivery but UPS lost the package. UPS Customer Service was pretty much worthless in resolving the issue. But fortunately Adorama was great. Helen Oster agreed to ship another order to me before UPS returned the lost one to her. She also agreed to ship it overnight to make sure I got it before Christmas. I felt like Adorama understood my issues and did everything they could to minimize the impact to me. I highly recommend Adorama.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

On November 27th, 2017 (Cyber Monday), we placed an order online with Adorama for two camera kits: a Sony A7II and a Sony A6000. The total order price came to $2193 and included 25 pieces in both kits including cameras, lenses, and accessories. As new customers, this was our first purchase from Adorama. Both kits were listed as "in stock" when we purchased them. It wasn't until after the purchase was finalized that I received an email notifying us that the order couldn't ship because it was on back order. The email simply said "one or more of the items in your order # ** is not in stock." It didn't specify which items or state an estimated shipping date.

We emailed customer service immediately for more information. An email response from a rep on November 29 stated that only one item, the filters, was on back order. The email stated: "If you would like to modify the order to a different in-stock item, email us back with the item you would like to replace it with..." I emailed back a request to have the filters replaced with an extra Sony battery. On Nov 30th, I received an email response stating: "We regret to inform you that since this is a bundle we can only check for a comparable filter kit and we are unable to replace the backordered item to a Sony battery.". On December 1, I emailed back the same rep and requested that she simply swap out the filters then for a comparable set of filters. That customer service rep never responded.

Two days later, on December 3, I received an email from a different rep stating: "the Sony A6000 is currently on back order but we were able to allocate the item on your order. This means we can fulfill this item in your order." At that point, we were pretty confused. We had thought only the filters were on back order. According to this new email, the A6000 had been on back order but was not any longer? Adorama had been able to "allocate the item"? Apparently not, because despite many more emails to a total of three reps over two weeks, the A6000 camera and filters were still on back order when we checked the status of our order online today, December 11. We canceled the entire order today.

At this point, we no longer have any confidence in Adorama, its business practices, or their customer service. Their response time via email was repeatedly prompt, but we received contradictory information from their reps, and none failed to answer our questions or resolve the issue and get our order shipped out in a timely manner. The company should absolutely NOT be selling kits or items and advertising them as "in stock" when they're not actually available. We regret that we ever placed our confidence in this company. Had we ordered from B&H or Amazon, we'd have our order before Christmas. This was the first and last time we'll ever purchase anything from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I recently ordered more than $700.00 worth of equipment from Adorama. The order was originally scheduled to be delivered via UPS on Friday, Dec. 1. Due to issues with UPS, the packages did not arrive until Monday, Dec. 4. When the packages were delivered, I was not in the office. The UPS delivery person scanned them and left them with my co-workers. When I returned, I immediately noticed that one of the packages was open and damaged. I called Adorama immediately. I was told by the gentleman with whom I spoke that Adorama requires a signature. He told me to send pictures of the damaged package and a brief e-mail to their service e-mail address. He said once I opened the package, I should call back if anything was missing or damaged.

When I got off the phone, my co-workers informed me that no signature was requested. I then called UPS. After being on hold for more than 15 minutes, I spoke with someone. Their records showed that the shipment was not requested to require signature. I called Adorama for a second time. The young lady I spoke with said they had not received the e-mail with the details and pictures, so I re-sent them to her direct e-mail address. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor about the issue and the contradicting information from UPS and Adorama. I asked to get UPS on the phone so all three parties could discuss and resolve. She said they would just send labels to have the packages returned. It took nearly 15 minutes of back and forth before she agreed to get UPS on the line. I was on hold nearly 25 minutes before she came back and said she was still on hold. I told her that was fine.

20 minutes later, she said they had referred her to damage claims, and she had been put back on hold. She said they would just generate the labels and have the packages returned. I asked if they would re-send my order once UPS had possession of these boxes, and she said no; she said they would not re-process the order until they received the original order back. She said it would be two weeks or more before I received the replacement order. I told her that was unacceptable. I said I had a direct number from speaking with UPS previously and would call them. It took three times mentioning that before she agreed. I got UPS on the phone in less than two minutes. They pulled up the tracking information, and I explained that I was getting conflicting information. She said their system clearly showed that the box for requiring a signature had not been marked.

We were more than 90 minutes into this phone call. I asked the Adorama representative how they were going to handle this since they had not requested signature to be required. She said she would "elevate" the issue to their shipping warehouse. I told her I was going to take a chance and open the box, and I would be back in touch if anything was missing or damaged. I asked for her supervisor's name and e-mail address so I could send a written complaint about the misinformation and the error.

Later Monday evening, I received an e-mail from someone else at Adorama. They said they had received my request to return items, and labels were being generated for UPS to pick the boxes up. I responded that I never requested any such return. I sent a separate e-mail to the customer service supervisor. Tuesday morning, I received a response from the customer service manager. In summary, it said that the package should not have been signed for if it was damaged (I had already explained in the original e-mail that UPS requested no signature). She also stated, "We do generally ship with signature required but we allow UPS to use their discretion to leave it with or without signature." That statement indicates that they do not require a signature - as all three individuals I spoke with Monday afternoon had indicated.

In the exchange back and forth, I soon received an edit of my picture where the supervisor had drawn a red arrow pointing to the "STOP" logo on their packing tape. The package tape says if the seal is damaged, the recipient should check contents before signing for the package. She again said that the person in the office should not have signed for the package (and, again, no signature was required by UPS). She offered a $50.00 gift card after apologizing multiple times for what UPS did. At no time was there ever an apology for what Adorama had done or their misinformation.

In my final e-mail, I said I had not requested any refunds, credits or other compensation. I simply wanted someone to confirm what their policy was and who (even though I knew) was at fault for not requiring a signature. In at least two separate e-mails, I requested the name and contact information for her supervisor. She never provided it. Early afternoon Tuesday, a UPS delivery person showed up with two return labels to pick up the packages. Despite my immediate response that I had not requested the packages to be returned, they had not canceled the return order.

The final straw came on the next e-mail from her which obviously was intended to be sent within her company rather than to me. It said, "This guy does not stop. He is being unreasonable. I don't believe we should further contact him." I called again. I explained what had occurred, gave the manager's name, and asked to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold and was on hold for more than 40 minutes before the third person I had talked to on Monday (the person whose supervisor I had e-mailed) got on the phone. I explained about the e-mail and how unprofessional it was. She laughed and said, "OK." After putting me on hold again, she came back and gave me a name for a supervisor who would call me by the end of business. She confirmed a phone number.

Five hours later, by the time they had closed, no one called. Among speaking with three of their representatives via phone and one via e-mail, I received four different statements about their shipping policies and signatures being required. I had co-workers blamed more than once for signing for the package (and once again, no signature was required) without checking it. And then I was sent an incredibly unprofessional e-mail.

So let me make this as clear as possible. The issue with Adorama has never been about UPS’ actions. They repeatedly “apologized” for UPS, but I’ve never once said the condition of the package upon arrival was Adorama’s fault. My issue with Adorama’s customer service is the misinformation that ultimately wasted entirely too much of time (as well as their staff). They have admitted that, in reality, they do not require a signature. Allowing UPS to use their own discretion/choice isn’t requiring a signature.

On my first call Monday, their representative said they require a signature. When I called a second time on Monday, a different representative said they require a signature. The supervisor I spoke with also said they require a signature. When this specific call ended after more than 90 minutes, UPS had confirmed the order was not marked for signature required. The supervisor said she was “escalating” a report with their shipping warehouse to find out why it was not marked for signature required. So, at that point, I had spent nearly two hours on the phone with Adorama representatives, and three different people had told me that they required a signature. The third, a supervisor, went so far as to say she was following up with their shipping warehouse and “escalating” a report.

Then there’s the product return. I never requested such or asked for such. I told all three people I spoke with on Monday that was not an option, even though they suggested it repeatedly. These were gifts, and I couldn’t wait for their required process of getting the items back in their possession (minimum of 2-3 days just for that, per the supervisor) and then 10-14 more days to re-process and deliver to me. It was December 4; I could not risk 17-21 days to get the items back as they were gifts. Yet, Monday evening, I received an e-mail from them saying I requested to return the boxes, and they were generating labels. Again, I never requested this. I immediately responded to that e-mail that I had never made such a request and, yet, UPS still showed up Tuesday afternoon with labels in hand.

Finally, we have the “customer service manager” who I exchanged e-mails with on Tuesday. She repeatedly suggested it was somehow my fault or the fault of my co-workers; she repeatedly misstated that someone had signed for the package. UPS has confirmed they got no signature upon delivery; the delivery driver merely entered a name of an occupant of the office (there is a sign on the door showing the occupants of the space). The UPS tracking information online does not say that is a signature; it simply says that is who received the package. I explained that more than once, on Monday and Tuesday, yet she continued to bring that up as some sort of “defense” for their actions.

If I had been told on the very first call on Monday that Adorama leaves the decision for signatures up to UPS, that would have been all I needed. That didn’t happen. If it’s on their website as they have claimed, how do their customer service representatives, and supervisors, not know that? I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. They responded with more claims about the package being signed for, presented a quote of mine out of context and submitted an anonymous semblance of an apology for the rude e-mail.

For the record, four days after my last phone call with one of their representatives, that phone call that I was told I would receive still had not arrived, either.

My only request with the BBB complaint was to be contacted by whomever is in charge of their customer service to discuss the misinformation and the unprofessional responses from the manager referenced above; it’s clear that they refuse to do that as well. Hopefully, future customers don’t encounter this type of misinformation and runaround from Adorama going forward.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I've been doing business since 1985 with Adorama. I bought, sold and traded camera equipment (Nikon/Canon DSLR) with Adorama for years. Remember, they are a business, so if you trade with them, there's always room for negotiation, on used equipment. I've done it plenty of times myself. I've even returned equipment after the return date, and they understood, and still gave me a refund. Remember, before you jump the gun, "communicate", there's always a solution. Keep up the good work Adorama. By the way, the staff are very helpful!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I recently purchased a refurbished Nikon camera from Adorama to start of a part time business. I used to have a photography business twenty years ago. Having sold all my equipment, I needed to restock. This camera seemed like a good way to start. To make a long story short, I purchased a total of 3 cameras. Two of one model and one of a different model. The refurb that I purchased just is not doing the job. I called Adorama and asked them to work with me. I talked to the used department and he said I needed to return it and to call customer service and ask them to step up. I did and they refused. I grant that it took me a while to figure out that it wasn't going to work for me - but it is a part time business and I was only a couple weeks outside of their return period. They are disappointing to say the least. I guess it is back to Amazon and B&H for me.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I would not recommend trade ins with this company. It first started with speaking with someone in house and getting my camera equipment sent in. That was the best and easiest part of this whole ordeal. Due to Adorama observing the a Jewish holiday (Sukkot) my equipment sat in their warehouse for about 2 weeks. Once they got back to me they low balled my Fuji XT2 w/battery grip, Fuji 16-55 and 35 f2 for $1600. When I balked and asked for my equipment back I was told that they thought I wanted a cash buyout. I was told that $500 would be added to the price and I would have to come up with $350 to secure a "demo" camera. Before I go any further you must understand that you deal area of Adorama. The Used department is totally separate and any complaints you have against them get funneled right back to them for correction.

One other very important item to mention, this is all VERBAL negotiations. If you plan on going this route make them put it in writing their evaluation and what you have agreed to just as if you are buying a car! I was assigned a customer number and was given notification that my camera would be sent out. When I called in I was told that they were going to send me a D750 when, in the very beginning of our negotiations had told them I was interested in the D500 with the 16-80 mm lens. So, was told by the Used Dept that they would make it right and they sent me the D500 with the lens. I receive an invoice for $2200.00. When I called in to inquire I was told that my trade was $1600 and that I owed $600. I explained to the customer service rep that this is not what we had agreed to in our initial conversation.

I was really upset when I saw how they had packaged this camera. It was the worst packing job I have ever seen especially for $2200 worth of camera equipment. I added a pick of how they sent the camera to me. So, here we are I spoke with the Used Camera Dept. I told them that all the items that we had agreed to have not come to fruition. I asked for my original equipment back and I was told that it all had been sold. The best they could do for me is give me back the original eval. of $1600 in a check and $600 that they had charged to my CC. So, negotiating again with the used camera department we struck a compromise. I was told that they would send me a new D500 w/16-80mm lens plus the battery grip AND give me 300.00.

When I went to check my email tonight it said that I have a credit of $2200 to use at Adorama. That basically, breaks down to $1600 trade in and $600 from my CC. I am hoping that someone from Adorama sees this and makes this right. In closing, if you're trading in equipment any quotes or verbal promises need to be in writing so that there's no confusion. Like I said, I hope they get this review and make it right. If they do I will gladly change my experience. Helen you out there?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I would highly recommend ordering your equipment through another company, such as B&H or Amazon. I have dealt with Adorama on two occasions. The first was a few months ago when I ordered a drone. When the order arrived, and I unpacked the exterior box, I found that the box the manufacturer had packed the drone in had deep gashes in it, and the drone was missing the propellers. There was no damage to the shipping box, so obviously the drone had been packed this way. My second experience has been even more of a hassle. I sent some used camera equipment to Adorama and negotiated a trade for new equipment. After agreeing to the specific items, they then shipped out different items.

They shipped them to the wrong address, an old address of mine which is no longer valid - and then required that I pay UPS to correct the shipping address (when I had provided them with the updated address prior to the shipment). Then, because I now need to return an item to exchange for the correct item, I have been told I must pay the return shipping fee. B&H is another company with the same pricing/tax/shipping structure who I have never had an issue with- and obviously Amazon is now matching everyone as well. I would strongly recommend any other company for your photographic needs.

Resolution response: Oct. 29, 2017

I apologize to Adorama Camera for writing this review without first contacting them to inform them that I felt I was treated unfairly. Once I did contact them, they were very pleasant to deal with and went above and beyond what I expected from them to resolve this matter. This taught me a lesson that if I should have an issue in the future, to contact the source before writing negative reviews.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I sold a Canon Camera, 4 Lenses and a Canon Flash Unit to Adorama. When I was called and given a price of $850.00, I told the employee that sounded quite low to me. He said, "It is 70% of retail." He asked if there were any products I was interested in and I said, "Yes, I would like the DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo" and then told him which one I was interested in on their website which was on sale for just under $1,200.00 on that day. He put me on hold and when he came back he said he could give me that for an even trade. When I received my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, the invoice was for $950.00 and it stated that my Mavic Pro was a used item which is not what we agreed on while on the phone.

About a week later I got thinking about it and I went to the Adorama Site to do a comparison. Every item I sent to Adorama was in excellent condition except for the Canon Flash Unit so I didn't even add that into my calculations. I went in and priced the exact items I sold to Adorama and used the "lowest price" they had listed for a used one of each model that I sent to Adorama. I then took that total and deducted 30% since they claim to pay 70% of retail. After that deduction, I had a value of $1,550.00 that I should have received for my items. That is a big difference from what I actually received. I learned from this experience to go to the Adorama Website and see how much they are actually selling the items or item in used condition that I am selling to them "before" they call to quote me a price on my items.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am based in Toronto, Canada. Recently, I have bought a used Sony mirrorless camera + lenses that goes with it. My honest experienced in ordering from them was very good if not excellent... Just wondering why so many negative reviews about them. Like I said, ordered so many "used items" from them... Camera (a6300) + Sony lenses... it came as described... used E+. Definitely, I will order again from them... given the choice of other camera stores in US.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Adorama is not a serious business partner. I ordered stuff on 10/4/2017. I checked the status today, on 10/11/2017. They will ship it on 10/16/2017. I wanted to cancel it, but they refused to do so. Since I need the stuff for an installation on Saturday, I just ordered it on Amazon, with expected delivery on 10/13/2017. It is pathetic if you ask me. It takes 12 days to get a product from warehouse to UPS truck.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Before I start, it's worth noting that there's blame on all three companies involved and I'm not 100% sure who to be the angriest at. Rakuten and Adorama just keep pointing their fingers at each other but UPS is the one who delivered to the wrong person. I ordered a Wacom drawing tablet via Rakuten.com from Adorama on the 31st of August with promised delivery on the 1st (the next day). The 1st, 2nd and 3rd came and went and on the 4th I got an email saying it'd be here the 11th instead from UPS. Whatever, next day delivery seemed too good to be true anyways.

Some time around the 4th about $275 (the total) was added to my bank account, it was taken out again 3 days later on the 7th. Then it happened a second time between the 9th and the 11th. There were no warnings or any kind of notification when that was happening, I just had to watch my account balance fluctuate. I talked to my bank and I don't think it was an error on their end. I tried to reach out to Rakuten about it and they told me to contact the seller, Adorama, who told me to contact Rakuten. Frustrated I hung up and decided to wait for the tablet. When the 11th came around UPS said it was "Delivered to Customer Woman". I'm a guy and I know my girlfriend didn't sign for it so it was probably left with the wrong person. After 3 days of checking the leasing office, we're sure it's not on the complex, nor is it at my old apartment or billing address.

I filed a lost package claim with UPS on the 16th who said I should also contact the seller. They told me the investigation would take 10 business days as of the 16th. On the 18th I checked Rakuten to see my order information, they said "all orders before Sept 13 are hidden". I had to call Rakuten and navigate their automated menu until I got put on the line with an actual person who gave me the phone number and connected me to their line. He asked me to stay on the line for them to pick up but I hung up and called the number myself after 10 minutes of waiting.

Once I got past the buggy Adorama phone system (the buttons straight up stop working sometimes and you stay on the same menu) I got through to customer service in about 5 minutes (It's faster to call them directly if you need to) who told me that they had to submit their own UPS ticket and wait up to 10 days to do their own investigation. Today, the 25th, I called UPS who told me that they'd only be contacting the seller until everything has been worked out and that they still have 3 days to run their investigation. After going through the whole rigmarole of their phone system, they told me that the investigation could take anywhere from 10- 15 business days from the day they submit their ticket, which they said was the 19th (even though I called the 18th).

It's now been 25 days without any update that I didn't personally seek out myself. The only time I was contacted was for the original receipt and by Rakuten on Sept 20th asking me to review a product they knew I never received. The link to the review was broken. At this point I either want a refund or the tablet but I can't have either until the investigations are done. Until then I'm a college student who's just out almost $300 who is renting tablets to do his homework. I see a place for me to add images of the tablet for review but seeing as I never even got it, here's a picture of my desk where the tablet would have gone had I actually received it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I ordered a battery with 2 day delivery. After UPS told them that they lost it they still have yet to send me a replacement. This is one month and counting. They promised me updates every two weeks and I have yet to receive one. They claim they can't send a replacement until UPS finds the other package.

Adorama Camera response

Hi Jake

UPS have finally agreed that the package is lost and have advised us we can refund or replace your battery.

Please email me if you need assistance with this.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I purchased lamp. Didn't use that much. When I wanted to use it, it didn't work. I called the Adorama and they said it was past its warranty. To call the manufacturer. After a week of leaving messages the manufacturer called me back. I said maybe it needs a lamp. They gave me the part number and I purchased a bulb. The bulb was not the problem. Manufacturer did say they would replace it if it wasn't the bulb. Well I've called for over a week left messages and no one returns my call. I called back Adorama and told them of my frustrations and they said they would contact manufacturer and call me back. That's been over 48 hours and I still haven't heard back. I want to use the lamp but now I don't want it at all. If you purchase from Adorama and have a problem with the product you purchase you will not be compensated. So Now what do I do with a product that doesn't work and is covered by the manufacturer?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I placed an order for a $30.00 pair of binoculars which said on the page ordered from shipping was free, but when the order went through it included a $5.00 shipping charge. I contacted their customer service and told them of this but they said that the item I bought didn't qualify for free shipping and they wouldn't refund the shipping charge. It was on the page for that item that it expressly said shipping was free so they are effectively stealing my $5.00 under false pretenses.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I bought a Canon camera from Adorama Camera store. Adorama advertised the camera as not being a used camera. I spent about $1000.00 for the DSLR camera. Thank goodness I have good vision up close. When I opened the package I immediately could see that the camera was used and abused. There were nicks and scratches on the camera on the glass part of the view finder and elsewhere all over the camera. It even had dirt on it. I was horrified. I took the camera to a reputable store that actually carried new cameras (Best Buy) & Best Buy was very helpful and reputable. Not only was the Adorama camera very withered but the new camera lens from Best Buy would not go on the abused Canon camera that Adorama sold me!

Do not buy from Adorama camera. I wonder how many used cameras they have sold as new? I have good vision up close and many people do not. My other used camera that I have had for over 15 years was in much better condition than what Adorama sold me. Thank goodness that Paypal is a very reputable company and helped me get my money back.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a Pen-F camera that I was having an issue with. Adorama's customer service rep. Helen ** was so very kind in her assistance, following up with me, asking me how things are with the camera, answering all my questions. I felt she just went more than that extra mile to assist me. A customer service representative is the only link you have regarding the product and the company you purchased it from, and knowing that there is someone there that mediates for you, especially in a kind and caring fashion is very reassuring. Helen ** is that customer service representative. She even went to the trouble of searching information that might help me with the issue I was having. I have never had that kind of help before with a service rep in any company.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I ordered a lens and I promised it would be shipped out as soon they get them in. I called their so called customer support... Bad would be an UNDERSTATEMENT. THEY HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME... THIS COMPANY SUCKS... BAD SERVICE... I ask that my account to be deleted. I do not want to do business with them anymore. Good bye forever.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Almost impossible to speak with someone in their office. Bought a new laptop that they shipped in a box 4x too big with no padding. The box is destroyed when UPS left off. They said not their problem, call UPS. Need new laptop to take on vacation. Don't have time for UPS and them to sort it all out. People in Philippines (call center) know of my problems but not NY.

Original review: June 29, 2017

First off, I definitely cannot understand so many negative reviews, as my experience with Adorama has been nothing but positive. First purchase was an iFi iCAN Pro amp that was on sale for $1299. It arrived extremely fast with tracking, brand new with no issues. One week later, I was notified via head-fi.com that Adorama was offering a combo of the iCAN amp with the Audeze LCD-4 headphones for the same price ($3995) as the LCD-4's alone. I called up Adorama, and they immediately discounted $1299 off the price of a new pair of LCD-4's for a total of $2696. I was amazed at their customer service. My third purchase was for a 7.1 setup of Polk LSiM speakers at an extreme discount during a 1-day sale. The speakers arrived fast & in perfect condition, and I saved $4900 off the retail price from an authorized vendor. I'll definitely buy from them again.

Original review: June 21, 2017

AWFUL. I purchased something for my boyfriend, an iPhone 4 in 1 fisheye lens set. After looking over what this company offered, I dropped 80 dollars, with 3 day UPS shipping. I awaited my email, and decided to check on the order. When I looked at the details, it said my item was on backorder. I then got in contact with their online customer service and asked about how long it takes for an item to be shipped out when on backorder. She informed me it should ship out in 1-2 business days. Well time passed and still no update on what I ordered, I looked again and it still said on backorder. I used the online customer service again and spoke with someone new. He then informed me that they didn't have the item in stock at their store, but would get the manufacturer to directly send it to me, so then I wouldn't have to wait for them to receive it, then send it out to me.

Happy with this I said "okay I would appreciate if we did that." He said he would get back to me in 1-2 business days. That felt a little shady to me so I decided to go back and look at my product I had purchased just to see all I was getting. The product then said ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE. It did not even have it as an option to buy anymore. I called customer service, and someone named George, a woman, informed me that yes they no longer are selling that item, and the manufacturer is no longer making it either. I was FURIOUS. At the time I purchased it, the product said in stock. As soon as I gave my information, the product went on backorder and I kept being told wait 1-2 business days. I was never going to receive an email stating what I had ordered wasn't available at all. I am very disappointed.

This was supposed to be a surprise after he broke his, and it is hard to find this exact one, because the ones they make now are for the newer iPhones, and they have changed. The woman didn't even seem to care, and I am just curious, if I hadn't have pushed the subject, would I never have received anything? Don't waste your time. After doing more research you see they have more complaints than compliments. But because people don't look before purchasing, they end up being screwed over. Awful company, needs to be put out of business.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Bought a 2T hard drive and it arrived in an envelope without any padding. The box has an open face so you can see the hard drive - which means something could strike it. Person at the post office recognized it as coming from a camera store and said: "Boy, there's not much padding." Indeed, there was no padding. Tried to "chat" with somebody at Adorama and gave up after being stuff at "two minutes and 44 seconds" for about 10 minutes. So, now I could send it back - which means my work project is delayed - or I can just hope it won't fail.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Ordered an SSD with 4-6 business days for shipping. On day two, tracking said it was going to arrive on day four, which was fantastic - and then it stopped updating and wasn't delivered. Contacted on Friday asking about the lack of tracking, mentioning there might be an error, just got a canned, "We're in the shipping window, please wait." Contacted Monday (day six) after mail had been delivered with no package, got the same canned response, even though mail had ALREADY ARRIVED, and they also tried lying to my face and said that I had selected 7-10 days, until I called them on it and showed I had in writing from them 4-6.

End of day arrives, surprise surprise, no package. I call again, and only THEN does the person actually check anything and say, "Oh, there was an error with your tracking number, it was impossible for you to receive." Offered either a reshipment or a refund, I went with refund. We'll see if it actually comes through. I am never, EVER shopping at Adorama again, and I highly recommend nobody else does, either. They've refused to even glance at an issue, do not provide customer satisfaction, and have attempted openly lying to my face.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Adorama Camera is very bad with customer service. Shipped incomplete order and took 10 phone calls and then they said they don't have it. Then offered a credit. Rejected that offer. They are disorganized. False advertising. No excuses.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I submitted a request for a used lens buying guide (what to look for) when I discovered a link in an old Nikonians post. Helen **, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador, was very quick to reply and generous in digging this document up for me. A true photography community member... sharing and caring!

Original review: April 25, 2017

Helen is the best! Helen helped me a lot, was very kind and answered very quickly. Without their help, I probably would not have been able to complete my purchase on time. No doubt I would deal with her again in the future. Thank you very much Helen!

Original review: April 4, 2017

After having some issues with misunderstandings and "dropping the ball" a few times, I contacted Helen **, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador. Helen handled my problem without hesitation and took care of me right away. I need to give credit where credit is due, Helen, you're the greatest. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

This was my first time buying from Adorama and it will be the last one. I ordered some screws for my camera on December 27, the screws are marked as "In Stock". After a month and multiple complaints I finally receive the package on the mail, just to learn that they sent the wrong item. I asked for a shipping label to send the stuff back and a refund of my money. I was told they were going to open an "investigation" as if it was my fault. It's February the 3rd today and I haven't received my money back. I don't even know if I'm going to get my money back or if they are going to try another dirty trick to keep my money. Shame on you Adorama. This guys are thieves and they should not be in business.

Adorama Camera Company Information

www.adorama.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use