3.35/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

316 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I rarely write these types of reviews for companies but due to the service I received, I feel I need to tell a great experience with Adorama customer service. I had been tracking prices for the Canon M50 Video Creator kit which includes the camera, 32GB SD Card and a mic for the past year. In Dec 2018, Adorama had the best prices for the kit with free shipping and no taxes so I pulled the trigger. I saw that the kit itself was out of stock and I was ok for whenever it came back in stock. I had actually ordered this kit mid-2018 from B&H and it was out of stock but after 1 month, I canceled the order. I didn't know what to expect with Adorama but I was at least willing to wait 1 month.

In about 1.5 weeks, a rep named Jessie contacted me by phone and email. They said the kit was out of stock and asked if they could send me the individual pieces of the kit (camera, SD card and mic) instead. I was amazed that a company even cared that I got my product in time to offer an alternate solution. I was the one that ordered out of stock so Adorama did not owe me anything to separate the items out. I took their offer and just got the entire package today. I am amazed at their customer service. I've never had this type of treatment before. I know I was a bit concerned about ordering from Adorama initially due to online reviews but after this experience, I felt I owed a positive experience so people can see that it's not bad at all. It was actually beyond what I expected. I will for sure order directly from them for any future camera needs. They have a customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service on the website is fast and outstanding. They helped me even though my order was difficult. At first I forgot to put in an order through my student ID, then they helped me process a reversal where a package would be intercepted and refunded for me to re-order. Then, I realized there was no student discount on my order, so I asked to cancel the interception, which they have been nothing but helpful with in quickly contacting UPS. They put up with my idiotic behavior and assisted me with professionalism and haste and truly demonstrated exceptional customer service in all aspects of my support today. Cara ** and Albert ** are the real MVPs and deserve raises for putting up with me and my dumbness.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had ordered a new MacBook Pro through Adorama. It was backordered then drop shipped via Apple. But some time had gone by and I contacted Helen and she not only reassured me that the shipment was likely in process, she quickly got me the tracking number when even Apple couldn't provide it to me, and it will be here tomorrow. First-rate service and support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I ordered a lens by phone, spoke with Stanley **. He assured me the order would go out that day and it would be shipped two day delivery. It was not shipped that day. I did an online chat and expedited the order for next day delivery and was assured that it would go out today. It did not ship again. When I checked back I was told it was sitting in an inspection bin in the warehouse. This has been nothing but a run around. The answers provided by the various people I have dealt with are nothing more than excuses. This would be less troubling if I did not need the item for an impending trip and it now appears that it will most likely not arrive in time. It is the disappointment and poor follow through that is so disappointing with these people. If I was told it might not be here in time or that it was going to potentially experience a delay I could have made other arrangements. An altogether dissatisfying experience and one I will never repeat.

Hi Bruce,

I was concerned to note the shipping issue you described with regards to your order. However, I'm actually not able to identify your order without your order number. If you can please email me at nancym@adorama.com with the details, I will personally look into this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 30, 2019

Stay away from this this company. All entire group are scammers and very dishonest people. I am dealing with my refund almost two month. Every time I called they are saying it takes 2-3 business days and as of today the refund is still missing. I never seen in my life such a horrible and irresponsible people. P.S Nancy **, last time you replied to me wanted to know what happened why I left the bad feedback, so I already answered it 2 weeks ago and now where is your further action? Where is liar Roxana and entire fake customer service representatives? Disappeared? You guys are horrible. G. **

Hi George,

I understand waiting this long for your refund is very upsetting and I truly apologize that I have not been able to get this resolved for you quicker.

The refund has been issued as of July 5 but the bank stated that it'll take 1-2 billing statements for the refund to reflect on your account. I have asked for it to be escalated but they were adamant that it will take that long.

We hope for your understanding as we wait for that time frame to pass.

Sincerely,

Adorama

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2019

I was able to contact Ms Miller and they were able to solve this issue. Thankfully the price match department becomes more "lenient" in the future, and a follow-up on a price-match request occurs more often.

I am happy to know this was swiftly solved. Thanks Ms. Miller for your help!

Original review: July 25, 2019

I just had the WORST customer service with these bunch of jokers. Their "Price Match guaranteed" is just a blatant lie that they'll never respond back unless if the planets are perfectly aligned. It's THAT bad. Not only that but the last chatting agent basically hung up after we finished our chat, not allowing me to leave a rating for the horrid service. If they're going to have a price adjustment service, they should at /LEAST/ have a speedier and an actual price adjustment service. If you see a better buy elsewhere, don't bother and just cancel the order and return it. I lost 31 dollars because of these. Please note that this was also my first time buying from them. NEVER AGAIN.

Hi Guisseppe,

I'm sorry to see the experience you had when you requested for a price match.

If you have a moment, can you please send me your order number so I can review your interaction with our team and see about making this right for you. Please send it to nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to your response.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 22, 2019

Contacted via online form to look at selling my Tamron 70-200mm, f/2.8, Di VC USD G2 Nikon mount and a Tamron TC-X20N, both in excellent condition. I received a response from Josh who stated "currently your equipment would have a resale value in the ballpark of $600 + Teleconverter" and "On equipment like what you listed, you should expect no less than 70% of the resale value as a cash offer." I replied: "Hi Josh, Just to confirm. A Tamron 70-200mm, f/2.8, Di VC USD G2 Nikon mount and a Tamron TC-X20N combined - both in excellent condition - have a resale value of $600 combined?" I asked as I could not determine if the '+ Teleconverter' in his first email meant that the lens AND TC were valued at $600 or just the lens and the TC would be at a different price (if that was the case, not sure why prices for both were not provided).

Josh replied with just this sentence: "Incorrect. I’m not calculating an upfront figure on the TC. I was only quoting a figure on the G2 lens." Why would you not calculate an upfront figure for the TC when I clearly stated that I was looking at selling both the lens and the TC. I emailed Josh back and asked for a value on the TC unless they are not interested in purchasing. Looking at the lens - with a resale value of $600 (although this same used lens is selling for much more than that on their site) - and being offered 70% of that would end up being $450 cash....for a $1,300 lens, two years old, in excellent condition. Based on this experience, I would NEVER sell any gear to Adorama and really question why anyone would. ebay, Craigslist, NextDoor - all better options.

Hi,

It pains me to see this unpleasant experience you had. If you have a minute, can you please email me some more details of your contact with us so I can look into it. Please email me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2019

Went to their site to purchase a $1300 camera. It clearly said “IN STOCK” with an orange border to highlight the fact that it was in fact in stock. So I make my purchase. And pay for 1-3 day shipping. About 4 hours after my card was charged I get an email from Adorama saying that my item is on back order and won't ship out until 2-5 days after it is in stock... WTF??? Then about an hour later I get a separate saying that my payment was declined!!! Haha. They for whatever reason charged my card $1 less than the price of the camera.

They took the money out of my account. They said my payment was declined.... Two days later it now says processing and nothing else. And it's the weekend, so there's no customer service to speak to. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS AGAIN. And I was warned against shopping at Adorama on some photography FB groups I frequent. I should have listened. I'm gonna lose out on a really big gig and a lot of money because of this. STAY AWAY! Please trust me.

Hi,

I was sorry to see the experience you had when ordering with us. If you have some time, can you please send me your order details so I can look into what happened? Please email it to me

Looking forward to your response.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: July 13, 2019

On 1 July 2019, I reached out to Adorama to sell 3 brand new Canon lenses. Mr Charles ** responded by promising to get me the best price possible or in his exact words, 70% of what I paid. I’m sad to say that it’s now July 13th and Adorama still hasn’t given me a solid answer after countless calls and multiple promises from Mr ** and his boss, Jack **. I purchased my 3 lenses brand new for approx $16,000. At one point, Mr ** offered me $5000. The lenses were used once. They are still in their original boxes with USA warranties. Do NOT trust Adorama used camera department. They promise a lot and deliver little. I asked them to return my lenses and pray the process won’t take another week.

Hi,

I was so very sorry to see this and it pains me to see this unpleasant experience. I'll be raising this to our Trade In department, but to better investigate on this issue, can you please provide me with your quote number? Please send it to my email

Looking forward,

Nancy

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: July 9, 2019

I ordered $2,000 (minus a few pennies) worth of nothing, literally, as you took my money, sent nothing, and lied! At noon I placed the order, they sent my order thru. Nope, they sat on my order, pulled 2 grand out of my account, then at nearly 3pm I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. I felt a rush of relief fall over me, but, a nagging gut response said, "something isn't right! You called before buying it (this is my first time being able to use my brand new debit-card) check your bank account! Legitimate companies don't hold your money for nearly 3 hours only to say we decided to cancel your order. Run to the phone dammit! Now!" Guess what folks, your instincts were instilled for a reason.

My first transaction on my brand new card...the lady read back my balance minus $2g's!! What? I call their department of liars, whom try and claim, get this, my bank is in Denmark?? I'm calling from a landline?? A landline from Arizona; I honestly couldn't point on an unlabeled globe where Denmark is! And my bank I can assure you is many plane ✈️ rides away. Googling it. It's above Europe & Africa! Many, many thousands of miles away!

Anyway, so then they send my bank the wrong phone number to call, me the "right" one to call, but refuse to talk to my bank, and give me nothing but lies when confronted with evidence I'm in America! Couldn't have some bank that doesn't exist outside of the U.S. It doesn't matter when talking to con-artists anyway, not like they're going to say "Well, to be honest I ripped you off, but-t-t you caught me on a really good day. My boss gave me a bonus for tanking this elderly woman's account. Ahhh, you can have your money back, but just this once."

All they did was take money out of an account, mind you without processing my order! Highly illegal to just take money out without anything being ok'D, nor shipped. Then their department gives me a pack of lies about my bank being in...Denmark? I googled all banks in Denmark, now tell me does Ringkøbing Landbobank sound anything like my an American bank name!? I suppose their excuse would be what? I hop in my jet with my passport, open a Denmark? Bank account, hop back in my jet come back to Arizona and call them on a landline? I will not stop until my money is back where it belongs, believe that! And believe I won't stop using every social media avenue, and every connection I have until I get my blood, sweat and tears money back!

Hi Danielle,

I was so very sorry to see this and it pains me that you had such an unpleasant experience with us.

If you have a minute, can you please send me your order number so I can review what happened.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nancy