3.41/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

307 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I rarely write these types of reviews for companies but due to the service I received, I feel I need to tell a great experience with Adorama customer service. I had been tracking prices for the Canon M50 Video Creator kit which includes the camera, 32GB SD Card and a mic for the past year. In Dec 2018, Adorama had the best prices for the kit with free shipping and no taxes so I pulled the trigger. I saw that the kit itself was out of stock and I was ok for whenever it came back in stock. I had actually ordered this kit mid-2018 from B&H and it was out of stock but after 1 month, I canceled the order. I didn't know what to expect with Adorama but I was at least willing to wait 1 month.

In about 1.5 weeks, a rep named Jessie contacted me by phone and email. They said the kit was out of stock and asked if they could send me the individual pieces of the kit (camera, SD card and mic) instead. I was amazed that a company even cared that I got my product in time to offer an alternate solution. I was the one that ordered out of stock so Adorama did not owe me anything to separate the items out. I took their offer and just got the entire package today. I am amazed at their customer service. I've never had this type of treatment before. I know I was a bit concerned about ordering from Adorama initially due to online reviews but after this experience, I felt I owed a positive experience so people can see that it's not bad at all. It was actually beyond what I expected. I will for sure order directly from them for any future camera needs. They have a customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service on the website is fast and outstanding. They helped me even though my order was difficult. At first I forgot to put in an order through my student ID, then they helped me process a reversal where a package would be intercepted and refunded for me to re-order. Then, I realized there was no student discount on my order, so I asked to cancel the interception, which they have been nothing but helpful with in quickly contacting UPS. They put up with my idiotic behavior and assisted me with professionalism and haste and truly demonstrated exceptional customer service in all aspects of my support today. Cara ** and Albert ** are the real MVPs and deserve raises for putting up with me and my dumbness.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had ordered a new MacBook Pro through Adorama. It was backordered then drop shipped via Apple. But some time had gone by and I contacted Helen and she not only reassured me that the shipment was likely in process, she quickly got me the tracking number when even Apple couldn't provide it to me, and it will be here tomorrow. First-rate service and support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2019

Unbelievable! I ordered the SelFone print station for $436 apx plus ship. I received an Intel NUC with a separate paper instructions on how to set up the SelFone app with it. It didn’t work as I needed to so I sent it back. When I did they said I sent the wrong item bc I sent a NUC back. Which is 100 percent what they sent me! They claimed they don’t sell or stock that so they won’t take it, it is what they sent me! Now I’m out $450+ Shipping and return ship. For them to send the wrong item and then not accept it! So now I have no SelFone station, no NUC, and out over $450!

Dear Kristin,

I was concerned to note the issues you described.

I'm not actually able to identify your order without your order number, but if you can please email me, I will do my best to assist you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: June 10, 2019

I received a telephoto lens as a present from my husband and wanted to purchase an ND filter for it. It was the holidays and the advertised price for the filter I wanted was great so I immediately placed the order. That was approximately 1630, at 0430 I received an email stating that the filter was temporarily on back-order. I was willing to wait so I refrained from cancelling the order and pushed it to the back of my mind.

Months later I checked my order status and did not find the order number active. The filter was back in stock, the price had increased, but my order had disappeared. I had never received a cancellation so I called customer service. In a nutshell I was told that the price listed online was incorrect and my order had been cancelled in accordance with their pricing policy. There was no explanation given as to why I never received a cancellation, just a thank you for being understanding. I'm not understanding, I'm annoyed. I found no pricing policy on their website, only complaints from others that this is not unheard of conduct from Adorama. I WOULD be understanding had I not found many similar complaints online and received a cancellation with an explanation soon after placing the order. Mistakes happen but this is plain dishonesty.

Hi Michelle,

We are sorry for this. I was concerned to note the issues you described.

Adorama Camera

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: June 8, 2019

Adorama misrepresented the financing terms of their credit card. I used their credit card to place an order over five figures. The website calculated the minimum monthly payment by dividing the total order by the term of 48 months. Their bank, however, determines your minimum monthly payment by calculating 3.5% of your total balance. In my case, this was significantly MORE than their website promised. I discovered this AFTER my order was completed when I called the bank. Adorama's response to misrepresenting terms to a customer and putting me in a position where my monthly payments were 50% more than the payment they promised was to offer me a $150 gift card.

All of this after they butchered my order, forced me to buy gift certificates to place the order because their website couldn't process it properly, didn't deliver it when they said they would, and put a $4700 authorization hold on my credit card for 7 days when they were only supposed to charge me $113. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because I do not believe they operate business in good faith. I gave them every opportunity to resolve my situation and their solution was a gift card. I will never buy from this company again.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your recent purchase from Adorama Camera, although I was concerned to note the issues you described. It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had.

We are already working with Comenity regarding your account. We should be able to confirm this within this week.

We will update you as soon as possible.

Nancy Miller

Original review: June 8, 2019

We returned a refurbished malfunctioning camera that we got online from Adorama. We barely had it for hours and sent it back using the exact same box we received it. After several phone calls and email exchanges, Adorama concluded that we returned a camera that is not the same one they sent us, as the serial numbers on the box didn’t match the item’s serial number. This means that we are dishonest people and tried to scam and rob Adorama. Unfortunately, we cannot prove that we never possessed a camera like that in the past. Our only available resource is that we are well known as honest and correct people. We do not care the money, instead, this episode is an ugly and undeserved smear on our personal record that may even harm us in the future. That’s why we will do everything legally possible to make this incident clear.

Hi Jesus,

It pains me to hear what happened to your order and I understand your frustration.

I already escalated this to our Returns Team. I will be updating you as soon as possible.

We look forward to resolving this issue.

Adorama Camera Ambassador

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

Hi. I'm only writing this here for there's nothing I can't or they can do about it since I live in Thailand and the purchased camera was brought to me by my friend from California. I received a used camera for sure. I purchased what I thought was a brand new camera and shipped it to my friend in Los Angeles. When I opened the box to my Lumix LX10 I was surprised to see the camera strap was attached to the camera. I have never seen this before and my friend who brought the camera is not a camera kinda guy. He didn't use the camera.

Moreover the gold sticker on the face of camera that comes with a brand new camera is missing. Gold sticker that says 1.4 f fast aperture lens is missing. Who do they think they are, selling me a used camera for a brand new camera price. I had ordered it a month before his arrival here in Thailand so there's nothing I can do about this OLD, USED camera. It's already been 2 months since I purchased it. Very Bad Adorama. Order: #**.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your response. I send you an email with the update.

Looking forward,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 22, 2019

I am a customer buying cameras and computers and other items from Adorama for a very long time. I always order half of my business equipment from Adorama and the other half from BhPhoto or Amazon. I have always just placed an order and received the item. I never needed to get support or help with anything. Last month, I ordered another Apple MacBook Pro for about $3500.00.

The laptop arrived and I started using it. Pretty soon the laptop started to freeze up and reboot. Many hours on the phone with Apple and Adorama trying to figure things out. Finally the customer service gave me an RMA and I sent the laptop back. I was suppose to get another one. So far I have not received the replacement laptop nor the credit for the purchase price. So I call Adorama and first person says I was outside the return period and hangs up. Second person tells me the computer received was "dirty".

Anyway, again many hours later, still they will not tell me what is going on and why they are dragging their foot on sending a replacement functional laptop. I had always thought I was dealing with a first class business but the first time I need some service, they have failed pretty miserably. They are not interested in solving the customer's issues. I am going to dispute the charges with AMEX AND order from BHPhoto. I and people like me have kept money flowing into their coffers was too long. It is time to show them that we have choices and they cannot do business like the MOB.

Hi Reza,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you described. It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had. If you can please email me with your order details, I will personally look into this matter.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: May 18, 2019

I'm reporting to this site as a last result to get some type of resolution. I Made a order on 4/30/19 for the LG HU80KA 4K Ultra HD Laser Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector. Excited to get the free express shipping provided I thought nothing of this. The problem arose when I actually received the package, I opened the package noticing that it was packaged poorly and look as if it wasn't taped at all. While further investigating the package I opened the boxed all to find out that the item purchased was not in the manufacturer's box. I contact Adorama immediately once I discovered this. I dealt with many reps from Zach **, to Nell ** to some guy name Mike over the phone. All assured me that they were sorry for the inconvenience and they would correct the issue promptly.

The last email I received asked for photo evidence which I complied & sent immediately. I was told I would be contacted within 2 business days. This was this past Monday & I'm writing on a Friday with not one response. Instead they sent the UPS guy to inspect the package with a damage claim. The UPS guy & myself were both puzzled as to why they would do this seeing that the package never had the contents in the first place. I never asked for any of this within the process of spending 2600$ & at this point feel hopeless in all dealings with Adorama. I'm writing this as a testament for someone else when you think of purchasing large priced items from Adorama. Maybe it will save someone the headache that has haunted me ever since I click the button. Concerned shopper.

Hi Raymond,

I am very happy to help you with this. Please do not hesitate to reach out for any inquiries/questions in the future.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 6, 2019

I paid for a new tripod but received instead a used, open-box item. The Anti-Rotation Pin was missing. Two screws were found loose in the carrying bag. The instructions were crumpled, inside a plastic bag that was also crumpled. I contacted customer service who agreed to send me another tripod but not until after the damaged one was received and processed. What a disgrace.

Hi K.P.,

Good day.

I was just made aware by our Shipping Dept. that a full refund was issued to you instead of a new item.

Please let me know if you want me to place a new order for you.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 1, 2019

I cannot believe how crappy customer service is. I got a different story from all three agents. First I filled out the return as requested. Sent it back. They sent it to the wrong address even though I filled out the return request. Since I have talked to 3 different customer service agents and have no answers. If this flash didn't cost $460 I'd tell these clowns to pound sand. I want my flashback and I will never do business with Adorama again.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Terribly disappointed in Adorama. I have purchased at least six cameras from Adorama for work and personal use. I recently purchased a Nikon D750. After a few months and very minimal use, the camera started to experience shutter issues. I contacted Adorama and customer service informed me there was absolutely nothing they could do because I was outside the 30 day return window. The staff at Adorama was rude and completely unhelpful. I’ve always favored shopping at small businesses, but after this experience, I will never provide business to Adorama again.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your response.

Please return these items within this week. I sent you the return instructions on a separate email.

Thank you.

Nancy M.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This company would automatically sign you up for annoying daily promo emails after every order that you place with them regardless of your communication preferences checkbox while placing the order. Clicking an Unsubscribe link in those promo emails is completely useless as those emails keep coming. You can unsubscribe manually in your account preferences, but this is only good for a week or two, then this whole situation repeats. This is a first time I am seeing a company that abuses email communication that much, and wastes time of their customers.

Hi Avi,

Thank you so much for the time.

We reported this and we received confirmation that your email address was removed from our mailings.

Again, we are sorry for this.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in the future.

Adorama Camera Ambassador

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought a lens on Friday and a paid $25 for next day shipping so I can use it on Saturday for a project. But UPS tracking website says I won’t get it as late as Monday. This means they just stole my $25. I wish I saw all this reviews before I bought the lens. I don’t recommend no one to buy from this site. It only look good from far, they are scammers.

Hi Israel,

I apologize for the delay in delivering your package.

It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number and I will be reviewing this order as a top priority.

Looking forward,

Nancy Miller

Adorama Camera

Original review: April 3, 2019

I ordered a large order from Adorama Camera on 2/11/19, which included a refurbished Nikon D500 DSLR camera. When I got the camera I instantly noticed it wasn’t working as it should. I contacted Adorama about the issue, and they told me to contact Nikon as they are the ones who refurbished it. After troubleshooting with Nikon and trying the camera again the issues came back. So I immediately contacted Adorama and told them it would have to be replaced. I shipped the item back to them exactly as instructed on 3/18. It is now 4/2 and they have not replaced or refunded the camera. They have made me jump through hoops, have been terrible about staying in contact, have not updated me, and have caused an outrageous amount of stress.

The first issue began when they sent me an email on 3/25 (a week later, they claim to process returns and exchanges in 2-3 days) saying the returned was “declined” because the serial number on the camera I sent did not match the one on file. I responded promptly that this is not possible, at least on my end. I sent the exact camera they sent me, exactly as they asked, in the condition it was sent to me in. I told them either they had recorded the wrong serial number to begin with or something seriously wrong happened during shipment - both issues are beyond my power. They responded TWO days later saying they’re working on the issue.

On 3/27 they told me I had sent the camera in the wrong box. I sent the camera back in the Nikon refurbished box it came in. I responded promptly and said I sent it back in the box it came to me in, as their return form asked. No reply. Yesterday, 4/1, I called customer service. I exclaimed my issues and they returned with the same thing that I’ve heard through emails. “The serial number doesn’t match, the box isn’t right” and I again told them how this wasn’t possible on my end. I’ve done everything they asked exactly how they asked. The customer service agent was absolutely no help. She told me she would forward my message over to the agent who had been emailing me and have her call me. 24 hrs later and I haven’t heard anything.

I understand small companies have to watch their back for scammers, but if these issues are true they are completely beyond my power. I sent the camera I was sent initially, the exact way they asked. I have emailed them multiple times with no response. The customer service agent on the phone was useless. It’s been almost two months since the initial purchase and I have nothing to show for a $1,399.95 camera. I am a college student who is completely self sufficient. I don’t have $1,400 to throw around. I have dealt with lots of companies, and this is easily the worst I’ve been treated. I have been left in the dark after 7 attempts to get the issues straightened out.

Dear Victoria

I'm not actually able to identify your order without your order number, but if you can please email me I can do my best to help.

Adorama Camera

Original review: March 31, 2019

I ordered camera lens from them. On their webpage said free 3 day shipping. When I was checking out it said 5-7 day shipping. Just out the get-go lies. The worst customer service I ever dealt with. I will never do business with them ever again.

Dear Andres

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience and immediately copied your feedback to the Shipping Manager.

Unfortunately we are unable to identify your transaction without a little more detail; if you can please email me, this will have my early attention.

Adorama Camera

Original review: March 27, 2019

Ordered a guitar on a Friday. It came in 3 colors, I ordered white. It had not shipped by Monday mid-day when I learned they lowered the price on this guitar. Contacted them, they said no, they only reduced the price on 2 colors, not white. It was a $50 price drop so I changed the color to a less desired color. An hour later they reduced the price on the white version also $50 so I called to change back to white, order miraculously shipped. They said, "Wait until it gets to you, if you want to exchange for white we will do at no cost." Today it arrived with entirely lower end electronics so I called to take the exchange offer but was told the item was sold out. I plan to return the item but was untruthful and disreputable people and company, will never do business with them again. And, as a final insult they never even credited me the $50 for the guitar they shipped me.

Dear Lindsey

I was so very sorry to see this and immediately contacted the Customer Service Manager

Unfortunately he has not been able to ID your order, which is a pity as we'd welcome the opportunity to address the issues you raised

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and if you can spare a minute would you please email me with your order number.

I very much look forward to hearing from you

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have contacted the seller back in December as I did not receive the order. They opened a claim tracking with USPS and they did not find anything, I emailed Adorama about this and they reopened it again after a month, I then called USPS and they had nothing and put it in the system that the item is missing. It has now been 3 months since this product was ordered. They’ve opened 3 claims and keep finding nothing and will not refund.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I contacted Adorama because I wanted to trade in my older camera. I shipped it to them and received an email saying I would have a quote in 3-5 days. Well the UPS tracking number said they received the camera early Monday morning and since I received the email they were already on their third day. The email said that if I did not hear from them within that time period to call.

I waited five more business days and called the man who had sent the email. He did not return my call and I was later told he had gone on vacation. I then called my original contact who said I would have a quote early the next morning, but he would follow up with an email and that I would probably already have my quote when he did. Well, he did follow up, but that next morning still no quote so he referred me to a supervisor. I told him about the broken promises, and he said, "You will have your quote by 5:00 this afternoon. If you don't, contact me." Well 5:00 came and went and still nothing.

I called him the next morning and he did finally have a quote which I agreed to. He referred me to someone to take my order. I asked when I would receive my new merchandise and he said, "I can have it to you by Tuesday." I guess he didn't really break a promise because he said can have not will have. Tuesday came and went. No camera. It finally arrived on Wednesday and while checking out everything in the box they did not send me the adapter so that I could use my older Canon lenses. I called and they are shipping it to me hopefully tomorrow. I thought finally I'm finished, but when reading the camera manual it referred me to the lens manual, which since the lens was not in the box I did not receive. So, here I go again...

Dear Michael

Thank you for your recent purchase and feedback - which I immediately shared with our Used Department Manager.
However, unfortunately I'm not able to ID your transaction without additional details

Could you please email me with your order number and it will have my early attention

Please accept my deepest apologies for this uncharacteristic failure to serve you well, and I very much look forward to hearing from you

Original review: March 21, 2019

This is a company whose employees think that the customer is a bother to deal with and is an interruption in their day. Hard nosed people who are like this: "You gonna buy something or what?" "If not, I gotta go, bye". They're all in a hurry to get back to doing nothing. All of the bad reviews on this company seem to be true considering my experience with them. You look on the Better Business Bureau page and there's 40 some odd bad reviews there. The people are not professional at all, don't do what they say they will do, and don't bother to call you back. Either lazy or stupid, which is it? If you read the reviews here and other places that there are reviews for them, it will confirm what I am saying here.

Talked to the guy there yesterday who is the one and only guy who can make decisions on offers for their used items, to make an offer on about $4000 worth of junk they got listed in their ads listed as "for parts or not working" and I told the guy my offer and he was OK with it and accepted my offer of $3800. HE, NOT ME, HE wanted me to check with the company that manufactured the items first before I bought them, to see about warranty coverage and gave me a serial number that wasn't even a serial number at all. Just a big waste of time for me and everyone else involved at the manufacturer.

I also told him that I could tell him how to fix items like these very quickly and easily that weren't working so that they could list them for full price, saving them thousands of dollars over time. Guy wasn't even interested at all. Smart huh? And this is a department manager there, or so they tell me. Called today to talk to him and buy the almost $4000 worth of items we made the deal for yesterday and no answer at his extension at just after 9 am when they open. I talked to other people there who were claiming he was coming in late at 11 am, then he was in meetings until 1 pm, and since 1 pm, I have called numerous people there numerous times and got nowhere. Called his extension as well all day long. Left message in his voice mail and no return call as well. No return call at all by the end of the day. I called early to buy the items before someone else bought them up before I could.

This is how important a $4000 sale is to them at this company. So just imagine how important a $4 or a $40 or a $400 sale is to them if a $4000 sale doesn't matter. But how stupid is it to not even be curious, to just blatantly not care that there is a simple way to fix items they have and double their money on? If that's their business model, something's wrong at Adorama. I'm quite sure if upper management or the owner got wind of this kind of stupidity, somebody would be looking for a new job. They would be if they were my employee. And to ignore information that would have saved or made a company thousands of dollars, well, I think most companies would slightly frown upon this.

Even after I said this, Helen **, their Customer Service Ambassador, responded in true corporate fashion to my reviews out there. Make the customer look like them problem. But it seems there are a lot of problem customers leaving them bad reviews at multiple sites out there. That's strange isn't it? So many people who are just bad, problem customers.

Adorama Camera response

Below is the 1st email you sent - you spoke to 12 agents; been told we aren't in the repair business & are NOT interested in paying for your advice.

"Tried to spend almost $4000 there thru a guy named Jacod. Talked to him yesterday & called all fucking day today no answer no return phone call. Talked to numerous people there more complete bullshit
Will never buy from assholes like this again Wasted my whole goddam day dealing with this bullshit

Read the fucking review I put up for you assholes"

Original review: March 9, 2019

I ordered a MSI laptop off Amazon through Adorama camera as the reseller. I paid an extra $30 for shipping. I was supposed to receive the laptop no later than yesterday on the 8th. I tracked my laptop through Amazon and they said the order hasn’t even been shipped. I tried to contact Adorama and I’m awaiting a response. I am very disappointed, if a customer spends over $1000 you would think they would value the service. I don’t want a refund I only want what I bought.

Dear Javan

Thank you for your feedback, which I immediately shared with our Customer Services Manager.

In stock items are generally shipped the same day unless there has been a payment issues, but I'm not able to ID your transaction without additional information.

Please email me & it will have my early attention.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused & I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

On Tuesday I ordered a laptop from Adorama's Amazon store and paid $46+ extra for expedited shipping. I sent an email to confirm that they could get the laptop here this week because I'm leaving the country for a year at the start of next week. They said it'd be absolutely no problem. There were no updates on the tracking by after hours Wed. I contacted support. They apologized and promised to send the computer overnight so I'd have it on Friday. Still no updates to order status. I contacted again, and was offered the same promises. I was finally given a tracking number, but all it said was that a label had been printed. I called support on Friday after there were still no updates, and sent another email. Still no updates to order status.

Talked to FedEx several times, and was told that they never received the package. Customer service outright lied to me multiple times telling me that it was shipped on Thursday. 4-5 PM Friday, no delivery, customer service is still lying to me telling me that it was shipped overnight on Thursday and "Rest assured" it would be there on Friday. Tracking updated at 4:35 PM Friday indicating that it was only then picked up from their warehouse. Seriously? I paid almost $50 at the beginning of the week for express shipping, and you don't even give it to the shipper until Friday? Needless to say the package never arrived on Friday. FedEx told me that the shipper could call them and change it to Saturday delivery. I sent emails to this effect, but once again I was lied to when they insisted it was picked up on Thursday and there was no need.

Horrible customer service. They will tell you anything they think you want to hear to make a sale, even if they can't deliver and you will be hurt in the process. I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars now to change my plane ticket because of this mess, and they won't even refund the shipping fees. I still don't have my computer, but at this rate it'll probably be used, damaged, or the wrong item. Stay away. I would not recommend this company to anyone. The email attached in images was received on Friday evening just a few hours before the delivery cut off. The FedEx screenshot proves that he was lying. He made the claim about having it there on Friday, and shipping overnight on Thursday multiple times. This is just one of the most recent.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been a loyal Adorama customer for years but no more. They used to be attentive and worked hard to resolve any problem I was having. Now when I call they use patronizing language and resolve nothing. I placed an order on a Tuesday and requested 1-3 day shipping. The online order stated I could expect the shipment Friday but when I got my FedEx tracking info it stated I would not receive my package until Monday.

I called yesterday to complain about the order that was delayed and spoke to a supervisor named Lime. He explained to me that because of my financing choice, there was a delay in processing. I asked him why there was no warning that my finance option may delay my shipment... He had no response. I asked him if he thought it would be a good idea to include this kind of warning so consumers can decide if they want to continue with the purchase, again, no response. He asked me to give him an hour to try to come up with a remedy. Three hours went by with no word...

I finally got an email from him stating the best way to resolve my issue was for ME to repurchase the items and they would expedite shipping and once the original order was returned to them they would issue a refund, this process normally takes two to three days AFTER they receive the items back. This was unacceptable to me so I canceled the order. This may seem minor but it's one of many over my last couple of purchases that have left a bad taste. I will be going elsewhere from this point forward.

Dear Michael

I was so sorry to read of your experience & noted your complaints also posted on Yelp and TrustPilot. I immediately copied your feedback to the Customer Services Manager.

Unfortunately we are unable to identify your order without an order number; if you can please email me, this will have my early attention.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have never had any issues with Adorama, quite the contrary, always very happy with them and my purchases with them, until recently. I did my first trade in with them with a Sigma Art 135 1.8 lens. They offered me 575.00 for it and took it off a Sony lens I wanted. I agreed. All was well, so I thought. While waiting for the trade in to go through, I was not sure what lens I wanted for the trade in. They suggested I purchase the lens I was thinking about - they had a 30 day return policy and if I didn't like it, I could return it before the bill came in and charge it to my Adorama account. I decided to purchase the same lens I traded in but the Sony mount (the one I traded was the Nikon mount). I quickly realized I couldn't make the Sony mount Sigma work, it's longer and heavier than the Nikon one and too big for my hand. I returned it on day 2 of having it. I kept the tracking they and saw they received it back almost the same day.

They received the return on 2/1/19. I was contacted on the following Monday by Adorama asking if I wanted store credit and the amount she gave me was not the 1399.00 I paid. I informed her that I wanted a full refund for the amount charged. She agreed. I noticed the same day a refund to my card for 600.00 less than the cost I was charged. Today is 2/14/2019, they still have not refunded it. They have the lens, charged me 1399, tax and shipping and refunded 824.00.

What really happened that I cannot get them to understand even though it's documented in my account and in the orders is, the trade in for MY NIKON lens was not applied to the order for the trade in. It's showing up as what they said a credit on the other order. How is it a credit if they refunded 824.00 of 1399 or more and they have the lens? My trade in, my own lens should have never been involved in another order. They have admitted on the phone that this was their mistake on the back end, I get a different story every time I call but they haven't refunded the full cost to a lens I returned, and I think our also trying to charge me for my trade in. Charged 1399 refunded 824.00, they still owe me the difference. As of typing this, a refund came to my e-mail in the amount of 192.00. That doesn't even make sense now I have to deal with that. I have called 6 times, latest person I spoke to is Amber.

Dear Karen

I was concerned to read your feedback and immediately copied it to the Used Department Manager.

Unfortunately we have not been able to identify you or your order, as you did not include either your order number, or your surname.

If you would like ro email me, I will be able to assist you.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The company has very poor customer service. I ran into a problem where FedEx held my package at a nearby location for pickup since it needed to be signed for. I went in twice to try and pick up the package and each time I was told that they could not locate it. I know this issue is not with Adorama but the following issue is. When I reported the issue, the Adorama customer service rep told me they would work with FedEx to find the package. At the same time he asked if I would like a refund or replacement. I said a refund. He said in another email that I should give 1-2 business days for an update. This happened on 1/29. On 1/31 I received an email stating that the rep submitted a request to refund me on 1/29. He told me to allow 'today or tomorrow' for a refund. So I waited.

On 2/3 I emailed again because there was no sign of a refund. I got an email response on 2/4 stating he submitted a follow-up on this and that I should allow 'today or tomorrow' for the refund. So I waited again. On 2/8, I still had no refund. I do understand that this can take time. The issue is the poor responses from the customer service rep telling me to wait for the refund "today or tomorrow." I was told this not once but twice. This shows either poor training on policies on Adorama's part or just poor customer service. I still don't have a refund as of 2/13 as now I am waiting for PayPal to take care of it. Buyer beware of situations like this. Customer service is not helpful. Being told 1-2 business days for a refund is false. I am now going on 2 weeks and PayPal is now involved.

Dear Sydney
I was concerned to read your feedback - here, on Yelp& on TrustPilot - & immediately copied it to the Customer Service Manager

Unfortunately we can't ID your order as you didn't include your order number or your full name in your complaints

If you email me with additional details, I will be able to look into this

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused & I look forward to hearing from you

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Me and my company had a real bad experience with Adorama and its products. We thought we are buying a new printers, but in fact it was refurbished and both printers stopped working after the first try. The issue with us is we open a new location for our business, and we did not start using those printers right away and only after 4 months. Adorama reps are acting like a "broken record" claiming that they cannot help us because of the 30 days policy had passed. I will not shop with them anymore! And this is my advice for friends and family.

Dear Ron

I was concerned to read your feedback & copied it to the Customer Services Manager

However, he has been unable to identify you from the information below, without a customer # or your family name

Can you please email me directly and this will have our early attention.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience & frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This is a situation that is still happening, and the story just keeps getting longer and longer. I had applied for an Adorama Credit Card (Comenity) and was approved. Made a purchase, which was canceled with NO email communication or phone calls notifying me that my order was canceled. So I reached out to Adorama a few days later, and they said it was canceled because it was marked as fraud by Comenity. I reached out to Comenity, got it all sorted out, and replaced my order.

A few days go by and the order is still marked as "processing" on the website. So I call Adorama to find out what's going on, only to find out my order was placed on hold AGAIN because they still think it's fraud, which I never received email communication about AGAIN. Spoke to somebody from Adorama customer service who was very very rude.

Adorama refuses to say it's an issue on their end, and Comenity also says everything is approved on their end, which I believe is the case. Nobody can seem to figure out what is going on with my Adorama order. The only thing they offered me to help is that they will update it to 2-day shipping for free once it's finally approved.

So in conclusion, don't be fooled by the nicely designed website of Adorama like I was. Their customer service seems to know nothing and will only offer to make things right if you keep complaining over and over. Been over a week of me trying to get my items sent and still nothing. Currently, I'm awaiting Adorama to call the person who placed my order on hold. I will update this as the situation evolves.

Dear Mark

I was concerned to read your feedback & copied it to the Sales Manager & the Verification Team.

However, they've been unable to identify you from the information below, without a customer # or your family name

Can you please email me directly and this will have our early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Buyer beware on the Adorama Credit Card. This is a chinsy bank and I discovered their first scam. They will make you pay with a bank or debit card and give you every outward appearance that you a scheduling a reoccurring payment. You are not! You must pay manually every month! I was hit with a late fee and phone calls that let me know whats going on. Here's the stab in the back: They instantly forgive the late fee of $27 for the first offense but are ready and waiting for you to forget the next payment and collect. Strings attached financing!

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to read your review, however, please understand that Adorama is only a retailer not a bank.

If you have billing or customer service issues regarding the credit card you can complain to the card issuer Comenity Capital Bank issued your Credit Card.

Alternatively, if you would like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, referencing this complaint, I will be delighted to pass this on for you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

On the Christmas Day, I ordered the Google Home Hub $99 with two mini free as they advertised in the website but I end up only received Home Hub. I called and they said, “Only if you ordered on December 24.” After I send the screenshot, they send me two mini free. A reputable company should not do this trick. They should honor the advertising even a mistake.

Dear Warren

Thank you for your recent order, although I was pretty surprised to see that you awarded Adorama only a single star.

The deal you refer to was indeed only valid on orders placed December 24th, nevertheless as a one-time courtesy you were sent the 2 additional items as a gift.

My experience is that the majority of customers would leave a review giving a high star rating, not the bare minimum.

I hope you will reconsider, and review he rating.

Adorama Camera Company Information