4.0/5 (790 ratings)

About Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

Adorama Camera Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I preordered a 13" 2020 Macbook Pro with my bank card but the order was canceled because Adorama could not verify my payment information. All of the information I entered was correct, I have never had a problem with any other merchant verifying my bank card information before. I emailed Adorama for an explanation and their reply was "This order was escalated and rejected by our verification. This order will cancel automatically." My question was completely unanswered as to why they were unable to verify my payment. I will order a Macbook Pro elsewhere.

Hi Joni,

I was sorry to see this unpleasant experience that you had with the verification of your order, however, I was unable to locate it. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

Please email me at nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Whatever you do don't fall for their 12 month no interest fee bs!!!. It's all LIE!!! If you will not pay full amount back in this period, they will charge you gigantic amount of money for the whole year. Mafia doesn't charge that much. And there is no clear explanation about all that fees or how they charge. Customer service is USELESS. No notifications, only your bill is ready..Too bad, They lost me as a customer. Be careful if you decide to use their service, but better chose other company.

Hi,

It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 13, 2020

In the larger scheme of things, the item that I purchased is not a biggie. I do need it to fix my son's computer who is taking online classes at home. However, the manner that Adorama handled my situation has convinced me to find other options next time and to inform friends and family to be careful if they do purchase from this vendor.

I purchased two items on April 27. The first item, sent via UPS arrived on May 1 and the other, send via UPS Mail Innovations, was expected to arrive on May 2 based on tracking. It did not. I called customer service on May 4 and was instructed to call back because "these things take 7 days". I called again on May 5 (it hasn't arrived) and was told that a replacement product will be shipped and that I will be getting an updated tracking #. I did not.

I called CS on May 6 and was told to wait because tracking data showed movement. All this time, tracking showed it sat in a USPS facility in a city about 2 hours from my location. It then showed up in another USPS facility in Houston. It basically arrived in our state and then was routed to Houston, about the opposite of my location. I called CS again on May 7 and was told to wait until May 11 "because these things take up to 10 business days". On May 11, the item did not arrive and tracking showed it was routed to another USPS facility in Houston. I e-mailed and was told to wait another day because "there was movement in tracking". I called and was told a replacement was going to be sent.

Today, May 12, about 10 days after it was expected to arrive, and roughly 15 days after the item was ordered, I called to follow up and customer service attempted to give me a USPS phone number for me to check. And then I was informed that tracking showed it was either going to arrive today or tomorrow. I asked for an email to confirm this new arrival date and I never got one. I did receive an email that tracking showed it is on its way after sitting in two Houston USPS facilities for nearly 6 days. They even offered me a $15 coupon. I told them to keep their money. What is emerging is that Adorama was never serious in replacing the product if it did not arrive after 10 business days. They are going to let the "tracking" take care of itself, however long it will take. Beware. If something goes wrong with the shipping, you are on your own. Avoid for now.

Hi Arthur,

I was sorry to see your review regarding the delays to the delivery of your order. At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. I am currently reviewing this with our Customer Service manager to see where we failed and how we can improve to prevent this from happening again.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 7, 2020

Can someone please help us?! We purchased a drone from Adorama. The drone keeps having signal error, so we contacted the manufacturer who informed us the drone is defective. We then contacted Adorama for a replacement. We packed the drone carefully with lots of buffer materials and sent it back. The next thing we knew is that Adorama claims that we sent an empty box. We tried to contact them many times and ask them to look through the package carefully because the drone is in there. We've tried to call so many times, and every time the agent would say someone will call you within 24 hours. However, we've never received any phone calls. We tried to call again today, the agent told us someone will give us a call in 30-60 minutes. It's been more than 2 hours already. I don't understand why they keep avoiding us.

We asked them to please provide a photo of the box so that we can point to them where we placed the drone, but they declined to do so. We make purchases on Amazon regularly, and occasionally would also return items, but we've never experienced any incidents like this before. Now, we don't even know who to ask for help. They misplaced the item, and now they are asking their customer to pay for their own mistake. Not only is Adorama unreliable, but it keeps playing tricks on its customer. I truly don't understand. Can someone please help us? Our case number: **

Hi Yue,

I was sorry to see your review here as well as on Google. I do see that our Claims team is already working on this returned package with you. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I ordered the Nikon D7500 with 18-55 and 70-300 zoom. I specifically asked that before I place the order that everything was in stock and was brand new. After I was informed that yes it was available and yes it is brand new I placed the order. Upon receipt of the email that itemizes the order I found that one item that is listed in the kit was not listed.

I called to check on that and was told that I needed to speak with the salesman about the discrepancy and that an item on my order was on backorder. I told the customer service person, who was extremely rude and carrying on multiple conversations at the same time, that I wanted to cancel my order because of previous conversation about availability. She told me to hold on a minute as I sat there for over 15 minutes listening to her talking with other customers. I hung up and called back and informed the person that answered that I wanted my order which he did.

I was told that they did not charge my card until the items were put together and they were ready to print a shipping label. This is not true. As soon as you make the order they put a 10 day hold on the funds without even checking they can fulfill the order. I buy online from multiple companies and never have I had them hold my funds until the order was fulfilled and ready to ship in case of this exact issue. It is true that they don't actually charge your card until it's shift but they put a hold on the money and and you cannot gain access to it for 10 days after they've done that. I will never order from here again under any circumstance.

Hi Michael,

I was sorry to read about your experience with our team. If you have a moment, can you please send me your order number so I can look it up and review what happened? My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Resolution response: May 12, 2020

All of the used listings I have seen indicate in the description that there is fungus/dust in the lens; That was not the case with this listing. I cannot send the lens back; As I had already informed Kurt E., I already paid to have the lens cleaned and brought into working order. I was not offered a refund on the price of the lens; I was told that a manager/supervisor would get back to me in a couple of days to let me know if I could receive a refund on shipping.

The total purchase amount was $563.02, including shipping, and I was refunded the shipping cost of $32.83 which resolved my issue with the next day air shipping, however the issue with the lens is still unresolved. A simple gesture of even offering a store credit for the issue with the lens would have made the overall experience more palatable and I likely would have made another purchase at that point. As it currently stands, I am still not satisfied with the overall interaction with this particular purchase and stand by my decision to shop elsewhere for at least the foreseeable future.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I purchased this lens on Thursday for $499 and paid over $30 for next day UPS air. I did not receive the lens until Monday. I contacted Adorama on Friday and they said someone would get back to me but they never did. When the lens arrived, it had significant fungus in the lens as well as substantial dust. They would not issue a partial refund because they said the lens was rated a condition of G and posted a link to their website detailing their rating system. The listing did NOT state anything about dust or fungus; I would NOT have spent $500+ on a lens that did. My previous interactions with Adorama were good, but this interaction cost them a customer for life.

Adorama Camera response

I'm sorry to read this. I saw that this was placed past our shipping cut-off on Thursday so it was processed the next day. This meant it was delivered the next business day, Monday. I also see that we refunded the shipping cost as a courtesy. About the lens, the listing had specified it was a G condition and based on our rating, this meant it will have fungus and excessive dust. We had offered a partial refund that you refused. If you wish to return the item, we can help with that.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I ordered a refurbished Nikon 200-500 F5.6 for $1049. With other accessories (filter, teleconverter, tripod plate), a warranty and shipping, my total was almost $1300. They tacked on $38 for shipping to Alaska, which felt fair because I thought I was getting the best price for the lens. Turns out, Nikon had the same refurbished lens on their website for $989 and free shipping. Had I bought from Nikon instead of Adorama, I would have saved $99. I reached out to customer support about matching this price and honoring the free shipping offer that orders over $200 were supposed to receive.

Instead of doing what is right (per their own policy) they have decided to keep my money, and not honor their guarantees. I hope that they are willing to make this right, and can understand that the $100 I would receive back will almost instantly be spent on more camera gear. I am currently shopping for another lens in the $700-$1000 range, but this time I don't think I will be looking at Adorama. So much for stimulating American stores!

Original review: May 1, 2020

If I could give Adorama -5 stars I would. I typically don't write any reviews, but this one is well deserved. I'm now convinced Adorama is a company run by crooks. I have sold them a Nikon 105mm f.1.4. The process started at the beginning of March. After two weeks I have received an offer by their Trade department and I have accepted it. They were supposed to mail me a check on March 16. After two weeks I didn't receive anything and I had to email their customer support. I was told to wait for the check that probably there was a delay with the mail delivery because of the pandemic. After two weeks still nothing.

Around mid April (after one month) I had to email them again and I was told that they made a mistake with my address and they were going to resend another check. I even offered them to send me the money as a credit on my credit card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Venmo, etc. but nothing. After an email exchange of 25 EMAILS as of May 1st I'm still waiting for my almost a thousand dollar check. Two months after I have mailed them the lens. Way to go Adorama!!! This is the last time I will deal with them. When you want to trade your gear do yourself a favor and look elsewhere at reputable companies like KEH or MPB, I should have done that since the beginning.

Hi Simone,

I'm really sorry that you've still not received the check.

We have sent a 3rd check on the 30th to the corrected address you provided us. Although, we'd have liked to credit your credit card to expedite this, it was explained that if it has not been used with us before, it may be rejected by the bank.

I can only apologize most sincerely for this delay. However, at this time all we can do is wait for it to arrive.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 30, 2020

REAL TALK! I really do believe that all these negative reviews about Adorama is absolutely true, not just people ranting. If I could give them a negative rating, I would in a heartbeat. Here's why... Long story short, ups admitted that they have delivered the return package to the wrong address. The tracking detail on the ups website, under details it shows claim issued, meaning they are ready to bite the bullet since they have admitted their own fault. Ups stated that they mailed paperworks for adorama to respond, but adorama absolutely ignoring the situation for such a long time, caused the claim to be voided.

I called the worst csr department on the planet (referring to Adorama's csr) over 60 times by now. On several occasions where I was lucky enough, to get through someone very rude named Rad; apparently he's the boss man there, and all other meaningless agents look up to him as if he's the big daddy. Going back to earlier period (less than 15 phone calls), one of the random agent claimed that Adorama has received an empty box, but that story later quickly changed to never received the returned package; because it was delivered to the wrong address. Contradicting the idea of mysteriously receiving an empty box, as previously stated by csr. At this point I'm thinking... how ignorant they must be? to state that they received an empty box (or any box from me that is) for this return, when UPS clearly states that we (UPS) delivered it to the WRONG ADDRESS and cannot retrieve the package.

I cannot even wrap my head around how UPS delivering to the wrong address TWICE would even be my fault? Since the impression that they gave me is somehow it is my mistake. When clearly I would not be the one to deliver the package. Going back about Rad, I do not know what his problem is, but first off extremely rude. He said he could not get a hold of me. I remember telling so many adorama cs agents that when I am working I cannot pick up my phone, so email me or if you must call, please use the number I have provided additionally.

I was hoping this issue could get resolved within a reasonable time frame, but between lack of care from the Adorama's poorly trained cheap csr team, completely ignoring the documents sent out by UPS, and Adorama being an extremely disorganized company; I would highly recommend shopping on amazon, BH or somewhere else. Definitely not here!

Do not be fooled by their live chat or phone support systems existences. Absolutely ZERO support! Even if you call the actual store in NY they refuse to help and click you right over back to these useless csrs in the Philippines. After spending so much time trying to get through someone reasonable, I came to a realization that Adorama has intentionally structured such "servicing" department. In order to force customers to either give up or possibly just hoping that you, as a customer, would go away. VERY SHADY to say the least!

Hi Natari,

I responded to your email directly regarding this and confirmed that this was handled by our Claims team. As such, we have to follow whatever conclusion was reached by them and it cannot be overridden. I am also unable to discuss any details about this Claim but if you wish, I can have them reach out to you again to explain the findings.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 22, 2020

I bought a product from Adorama through Amazon on April 15th fully expecting it to take a while to get here with the current clog in shipping. Adorama listed the product as being drop shipped on the 17th and since then I've talked to 3 different customer service representatives attempting to just get a tracking number for the package.

The first CSR I managed to talk to initially gave me someone else's order info from nearly a month before and then after I brought this up he found mine but said I would need to wait 1-2 business days to get a tracking number. I'm on business day number 4 currently and I've talked to 2 others who have sent me canned responses about the end date of the shipping range being 4/28 and please give them until then and explaining what drop shipping is. My package is now in limbo since I have no idea where my order is or when it will actually arrive beyond the nearly week long shipping range they gave me. I work from home now, and I may have a $1300 package sitting on my porch for hours with no way of knowing. This is unacceptable.

Hi Cody,

I was sorry to see your feedback regarding your order. Can you please send me your order number so I can look into this? You can email me at nancym@adorama.com

Looking foward,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 10, 2020

I recently ordered the Apple AirPods Pro headphones, which according to Adorama's website, was back ordered and would be shipped as soon as they received stock. Upon my surprise, my order was shipped the next business day, and arrived 4 business days later. When I opened the package, I realized that they had shipped the wrong product--Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case--instead. Even more shocking is that the serial number that Adorama records on their invoice does not match the product that they shipped to me. This seems to be an intentional bait and switch, upon where they can claim to have shipped the correct product via recording the ordered product's serial number, but ship a different product altogether. I've contacted Adorama's customer service and expect that I will get the run around based on other reviewer's experiences. Not a good experience at all, and would not shop with them again.

Hi Hong,

I was sorry to read about your experience with your most recent order with us. I see that one of our customer service teammate had already requested for the full refund of your order. You should see the credit posted to your original payment source within the next 2-3 business days.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance, we'll be happy to help.

Resolution response: April 10, 2020

After my frustrating response to the way my order went, I am happy to say that Nancy from Adorama did an amazing job at resolving this issue. She continued to stay in communication with me throughout the whole process, even when UPS delivered my order to the incorrect address for the second time. I received my refund for Expedited Shipping immediately after connecting with Nancy, as well! I have now received my order and I’m excited to explore it. The item was perfectly packed and brand new! Although it did take me writing a negative review of my frustrations to get my issue resolved immediately, I will continue to do business with Adorama, all thanks to Nancy and her prompt response and resolution. Thank you Nancy!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Ordered a Glow 28x39” Reflector Panel with stand - SKU# 1249953 on 03/27/2020 and paid Expedited 2-Day shipping. Created my account when I ordered via Facebook so when I went to review my order, the Account was showing no orders on file but I received confirmation emails regarding my order. Finally received an email that my order shipped on 03/30/2020 and after selecting the tracking number provided in the email, there was no information yet, but it showed the address in the email was my old billing address.

Called to have this corrected on 03/30/2020 with Adorama. Representative advised she would request to have the order redelivered to the correct address or have it dropped off at the nearest UPS store, and I would receive an email with this information. Never received information via email, so I called back on 03/31/2020. Finally received an email on 03/31/2020 from Adorama stating the package was confirmed by UPS that it would shipped to the correct address (it showed my correct address).

Followed the package and on 4/1/2020, package was delivered to incorrect address. Called Adorama immediately and they informed me that UPS had an error and the request was never processed correctly. Mind you, I never received a notification that this issue occurred. Rep told me that they would reach out to their UPS liaison and I would receive a response via email for status update. I personally called UPS and advised my package was delivered to the incorrect address and gave them my correct address. Because I called immediately, UPS was able to retrieve the package. No email from Adorama on the status so I called again on 4/2/2020 and they then advised me that UPS could not deliver due to an incorrect address. Now I’m extremely frustrated.

I informed all representatives that I had not received any correspondence about any issues or delays and now my package is two days over the time frame that I requested it to be delivered. Adorama Representative tried for tell me that initially the request was put in for redelivery so that had to be approved, and I had to kindly inform her that I received an email from Adorama stating UPS confirmed the delivery would be to the correct address. Again, representative advised I would receive an email after the “unit” was corrected to “apartment”, which I never had an issue with before with any of my other packages from UPS. Never received an email. Called Adorama back on 4/3/2020 and was finally informed that my package was out for delivery using the same tracking number. Followed the status of the package and it showed “In Transit” on 4/3/2020. Just checked back and it showed the error with the incorrect address.

Had to contact UPS myself and update my address again. Per rep, it would be out for redelivery on the next business day which is Monday! This was terrible communication and a waste of time ordering through Adorama. There were no call reference numbers provided when I requested, no confirmation or update emails were ever sent, I had to do all of the leg work between Adorama and UPS, and my Expedited shipping fee was a waste, because I still haven’t received the package. I did request a refund and they stated they would be refunding me the difference for regular shipping and expedited shipping costs, and I would receive an email, but no email again! I will be following up tomorrow or Sunday, whenever they are open since now they’re closed.

This whole experience has made me not want to ever deal with Adorama being that the communication is terrible and this whole process took a whole week and more to have resolved...if I even receive the package on Monday. Because I don’t ever want to do the leg work (which Adorama should have been working twice as hard to resolve) I will never order any items from Adorama again. This left a very bad taste in my mouth as a first-time consumer of Adorama, and this isn’t even a product review. Let’s see how the actual product turns out!

Hi,

I was so sorry to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

Looking forward,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 1, 2020

Adorama promised lowest and bang for buck items online, However when received the shipment it looked like garbage and damaged in all sides. However inside the box it was decent. Soon found out that product had fault and asked for replacement which is not at all fast (compare to Amazon or other stores). So asked for Refund.

After series of emails and calls I got written email that refund will be issued. After weeks of no refund checked with Adorama, now they say you will get store credit and no information of this was passed on to me. Then I asked for reverting this store credit to my credit card used, now new information that I will be getting cheque instead of fund transfer to my credit card. Somewhere I read in this forum that issued cheque was not accepted by bank. This seems going nowhere to me. Any help please!

Adorama Camera response

I apologize that this has not been a smooth and efficient process. I escalated this to our Customer Service manager to review how this was handled and why no one had given you an update.

Checking on your order, it looks like we had every intention of refunding it back to your credit card. However, due to technical issues we couldn't process it and so we sent you a check instead. If you encounter any issues with the check, please let me know. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Original review: March 22, 2020

Made more than $1,500.00 in purchases in March 2020 to get an entire new line of camera equipment. I got most of my products and thought all was well. A week or so later and a macro lens kit (three lenses) arrived. The smallest of the lenses, the +1, was smeared and had a thumb print on it. That lens was not in a sealed packet like the other two lenses. I cleaned the lens, then noticed the threads on the lens were worn.

Being suspicious of other products from Adorama, I took the last photo from the camera and uploaded to a utility on the Pentax website (since this was a Pentax camera). That utility is meant to tell the shutter count on a camera. My new camera should have had zero or a very low number (maybe in testing it at the company), but instead I found the number to be way higher than what should be expected on a new camera. I believe, like that macro lens, I was sold a used product and charged for a new item.

I tried contacting Adorama and nobody responded to my inquiries. I posted a question on their Facebook page on 20200322, simply asking if others had noticed this with the gear they bought from Adorama (paid for new, got used). I then shared my experience of the sales this month. Nowhere did I slam the company or say anything bad - I simply asked a question of others and shared my experience. Within minutes, that post was removed by Adorama. I assume they didn't want anyone hearing of another's concerns over this type of matter. Interesting that their Facebook page does not allow for Reviews either. Maybe they are hiding bad business practices!

I again tried contacting Adorama to inquire about a return. Since I had already opened up the packages for extra batteries and charged them and since I had used the camera (about ten pictures) - would I get a 100% refund. Nothing! No response! I tried using their Facebook page, a form on their website and an email - NOTHING! I tried their chat, but it's down - probably for the weekend. I run a photography group in my town - probably 200 people or so. Like my post on Adorama's site - I did not blast this company or tell anyone not to shop with them. I simply told people of my experience of spending a lot of money for new products and then received used products. Many people have already expressed surprise and concern that a company with such a well-known name would conduct such business practices.

I have a lot of other equipment in this sale - two lenses for example. How do I know if these are new or used? They don't look scuffed or anything, but neither did the camera. Those lenses, like the camera were in bubble wrap, but not sealed in any way. To anyone reading this - just be careful and aware that you may get a used product for the cost of a new product from Adorama. Should you buy a camera - do an Internet search to learn how you can check the shutter count on your camera. Every major camera manufacturer has a utility for their line of cameras to do this. Don't settle for a used camera if you bought it at new prices.

As of this writing - this matter is not resolved. I spent some time checking on reviews online about Adorama - which I should have done prior to this sale. I didn't because I've purchased other items at Adorama over the years. I wonder now how many of those items were actually used instead of new. I also didn't check prior to my purchase because so many major review sites rave about Adorama. However, the reviews I looked at today are from consumers. Not good! Many, and I mean many, give Adorama a rating of one. Many also have complained about getting used items at new prices. What a shame! That a company of this size, and one raved about by so many camera company websites, conducts business in this way. Other people, by the way, have expressed major concerns about the customer service at Adorama being very poor. I'm seeing that very thing right now. Yes, what a shame!

Hi Gilbert,

I apologize if you did not receive an immediate response. We were closed on Saturday and so when you sent your message we were only able to get to it on Sunday.

Per our conversation yesterday, I had advised that you can initiate the return of your items by logging into your Adorama account. If you have additional questions, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I am going to get camera lens about $3,000 but there is some issue about their verification s/w for my order. I want to solve verification. So I sent both sides of my credit card and statement. But their answer was just, "Your order is canceled." I just want to know about verification. I WILL NOT BUY HERE ANYMORE.

Hi Jongseok,

I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with our Verification. Can you please provide me with your order number so I can review what happened? My email is nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward,

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2020

The problem was resolved this morning, though my impression still remains the same. I do not enjoy giving harsh feedback being in business for myself as well. But the payment resolution needs to be fine tuned to make sure anyone anywhere is able to receive the funds that are offered. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make Paypal an option in these situations.

As for selling my equipment? I have updated my review by 2 stars because, although the problems occurred, I was paid top offer for my equipment and it is partially my own fault not owning a bank account with an FDIC franchised establishment. Not everyone has access to Citibank, and if you intend to sell to Adaroma you should locate a Citibank near you in advance to confirm it is a viable option. Otherwise be prepared to have a checking account and wait the 10-14 days for the check to clear. Again (Adorama) It wouldn't hurt to incorporate Paypal as a method to pay your customers selling you equipment. It's fast, easy. Records are kept on your account for years for tax purposes. It is a viable business option.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Sent my Sony FS5 Mark 2 worth $5,248.00 new. Offered $2,205.00 after waiting 2 weeks for inspection. They send my check and my mobile bank app did not accept the check. Paypal did not accept the check. Went to the Currency Exchange and they would not accept the check. Went to Walmart and then Kroger and they could not read the check. Drove the hour to my bank and my bank did not accept the check. Called them back and I have been waiting 2 more weeks and have not been paid.

Hi Casey,

I was so sorry to see that this has been unresolved. I have escalated this to the Trade manager for review and immediate action. I'll email you directly once I have their response.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Please DO NOT do business with this company...I cancelled an order on 2/1/20 and am still getting the run around to get this item removed from my account. I have spoken to numerous CS reps and not one of them knows what they are talking about, as I get different answers from each person. I have talked to 3 supervisors that assured me they would resolve the issue, yet still remains as an open order on my account. I was contacted via email from Nancy **, who apologized and assured me that she would look into getting this matter resolved...yeah right....

It has been 18 days now and it is STILL not resolved.. I once again called Adorama and asked to speak to a supervisor, I was placed on hold for 12 minutes and then the CS rep came back and said that the supervisor (Nancy **) refused to take my call stating she would look into it and get back to me..I then asked to speak to a Manager and was told they were all busy and was assured one would call me back before the end of of the day...Not surprising that I never heard back from the manager. I don't feel that Nancy should be in the position of Ambassador CS if she can't and won't address and resolve issues that arise. I have cancelled my credit account with Adorama and will NEVER do business with them again...Funny thing is...I went on B&H website, found the same item, 50.00 cheaper, ordered it and had it in 4 days...They have definitely earned by business from now on.

Hi Renee,

Per our conversation on a social media site, you didn't want to receive any response regarding the resolution of the issue and so out of respect, I didn't send you one. When you called on Monday, I really couldn't have taken your call as I worked remotely and was not at the office. I deeply regret that you weren't able to receive a call from one of our managers and understand your decision to stop considering Adorama for your future purchases after this unwelcome experience. -- Nancy

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchased a camera from Adorama in February 2019. The warranty program that I purchased was through New Leaf. The warranty program was to cover ANY damages in case it was dropped or broken. I dropped the camera in June 2019. It is almost February 2020, I have written, I have called Adorama and New Leaf more than 20 times. I have not gotten any callbacks, I have not had this issue resolved. They are nonresponsive. Every time I call they say they've escalated it. Which has been nothing more than a complete put off. I would never trust this company or its warranty program on a future purchase again.

Hi Daniel,

I apologize that you haven't gotten this warranty issue resolved. If you can please email me your order number, I'd like to review what happened ansd see how I can help. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to your response.

Nancy Miller,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Purchased used in "Very good" condition. Used discount was $90 cheaper than buying new, but it was missing $80 worth of parts. Adorama return policy on used equipment does not refund the original cost of shipping - even though they sold an incomplete item. Shame shame shame. BUYER BEWARE ON BUYING USED EQUIPMENT FROM ADORAMA.

Hi Jeff,

I was sorry to see this review regarding your most recent purchase. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order number so I can review what happened? My email is nancym@adoram.com

Looking forward to your response,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I ordered this lens when it was on sale for $399.95, just to find out that Adorama is charging me the full price. I am still disputing this with them, but I am tired of the wasted time on phone calls and e-mails so even though I bought from them before and didn't have a problem, this time was a bad experience and I will never again do business with them.

Hi Gabriel,

I was sorry to read your feedback about your most recent order. If you have a minute, can you please send me your order number so I can review what happened here?

Looking forward to your response.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased the brand New printer at Adorama.com. At the end of last December, I had some networking issues with the printer so I contacted the Ricoh customer support. However, they couldn’t troubleshoot the issue because they said the printer was already registered by someone in New Jersey. I wondered how the warranty for the new printer was registered by someone else even though it's a brand new one. So I contacted Adorama and explained what had happened. They said they will investigate the case.

On the following day, they emailed me that they just updated the warranty information instead of giving me the investigation result about why the new printer was already registered by someone in NJ. I didn't ask for warranty update or give permission to release my information for warranty updates. I called them and they said that some models come with some warranty time preloaded, which I have never heard of.

I called Ricoh customer service and asked if it’s the case. They said they had never heard of such things and the warranty should be registered by a buyer/end-user. They added that it is illegal for vendors to update warranty information using customers' personal information without permission. They said the printer would have been returned/refurbished and sold it as a new one. Also, they said Ricoh never registers any products in the warranty before selling them. Adorama still insists it’s a new printer. Even though it’s obvious that they sold the used printer as a new one, they said I can’t return the printer and refused to issue because the 30-day return period had already passed. And now I am stuck with the printer that does not work at all.

Hi Eddie,

I was concerned after reading your review here on Consumer Affairs as well as on Trust Pilot, Reseller Ratings and Yelp.

I've notified our product team of your feedback and will be reviewing this case with them.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I ordered an Instax square camera on 12/20/2019 and paid for 3-5 day shipping. It is 1/2/2020 and the package has still not arrived. I was not giving an estimated delivery, as I was only allowed to view updates. On 12/30 my package was in Nashville, less than an hour from my home. Today, they updated that my package is now in Alabama. I called customer service and they were no help. Very displeased with the company, next time I'll save myself time and trouble and shop somewhere else.

Hi J,

I'm sorry that you still have not received your package and our customer service team was unable to help. Please allow me to check what happened to your order, if you can please send me your order number. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Resolution response: Dec. 27, 2019

Happily Adorama offered the next upgrade speaker to replace those I waited for. They are on the way and I could not be more pleased. It was worth the wait and I believe it was not any fault of Adorama. The speaker is not available any longer on their site.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Adorama offered a good price on Heos 5 Speakers. I ordered 2 units with PayPal. CS Responded “on back order. No charge until shipped”. This was May 2019. Every month I received an email “Sorry, still back order”. In July I had to transfer charges to my Visa card when CS said Pay Pal only holds orders 2 months. I did that because I did want the speakers for my new Denon Amp. Finally, a week ago an email tells me “sorry, Heos 5 Are discontinued”. I was offered a maybe discount on some other item TBD. I told CS I had suspicions after a month that this was a bogus ad. A bait and switch perhaps, at any rate nothing occurred to change my opinion. I did note to CS that those speakers appear to be available on Amazon and other sites, so “discontinued “ was an excuse, not a reason.

Maybe Denon dropped Adorama. But I never did get an explanation. CS did say they would like to make this right, but offered no serious solutions. The 7 months period of waiting I ordered several audio items but not from Adorama because I was unhappy about how my order was going. My card was not charged. I did not lose money. But I am not happy either.

Hi Richard,

I was so sorry to read this unpleasant experience you had. I saw that when you placed your order back in May, we had an open order with the manufacturer however we were not given an estimate of when to expect them to arrive. We checked with them regularly but recently found that the item is now discontinued. As soon as we found out, we informed you immediately. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused and I hope you understand it was not our intent to deceive you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I bought a used camera on 12/11/2019 with two day shipping. When I got the email about it and checked the UPS shipping address it showed the arrival date as 12/16/2019. I chatted with customer service and was given this: Used items: Most orders get shipped the same day if received, processed and verified by 1:00 P.M. ET (Eastern Time) Monday - Thursday, and before 8:30 A.M. ET (Eastern Time) on Friday. Orders received after these times or those which require verification (see below) will be processed the next business day. There's no mention of this when you checkout. My order went out on the 12th and should be here on the 14th, that's two days. Be careful buying used equipment from them. The person that I chatted with didn't really seem to care about it and just left the chatroom after saying "I'm sorry."

Hi Ron,

I was concerned after reading about your experience with Adorama.

If you have a moment, can you please email me at nancym@adorama.com with the details of your order, I will personally look into this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution response: Nov. 26, 2019

I worked with Mr. ** and Nancy is customer service and I am now completely satisfied. They followed through and did what they said they would do.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have purchased thousands of dollars in equipment with Adorama. I have also done the same with B&H. I have traded high cost items with Adorama previously and had a fair trade experience. This time...Jack **, a manager in the used equipment department, thinks I'm a fool. His first cash offer for my photo equipment was less than 50% of the value, NOT the 70%, as advertised. I was told if I was trading for Adorama items, I would get more money for my trade. I felt like I was buying and selling a used car. They try to push the trade through. They NEVER provided an itemized value they determined for each item I shipped. I asked for it and it was not provided.

Since there is mark up with new equipment, I knew I would get a better deal by trading and purchasing. I took screenshots of Adorama's website with the matching photo equipment that I was selling in same condition. I took Adorama's list price as my basis for what I valued my equipment and then took the 70% mark, which they advertise. (Mint: Profoto D2 Duo 1000w/s, Excellent: Canon 400mm f2.8 IS USM II, Excellent Canon 5DMIV & more).

I sent an e-mail to Mr. ** outlining the items I wanted to trade in and what I was willing to accept for them. I also itemized a list of the new items I wanted to purchase with the trade. He calls me on the phone rushed and tells me I have a zero out of pocket trade for my desired purchases and it would be going to ship out. I thought great! Happy customer...

I then get a shipping notice and invoice and when I go to my Adorama Account to find a credit worth much less than agreed to and several items on my list had been excluded. In other words...Mr. ** gave me a $6,100 credit for equipment, with a minimum value at the discounted rate of at least $1,000 more! That was just for the three items I actually listed when I sent several other items I haven't included in this review. I sent an email trying to clear up any misunderstanding and Mr. ** respond for me to call him. I called and left him a message with NO return call. Until now this is still NOT resolved. At minimum, I now have to get my attorney involved to attempt to resolve this issue. I would say SELLER BEWARE!

Hi Kyle,

I was sorry to read the review you left here as well as on Yelp. I have raised this issue to our Trade department and they should be contacting you soon.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Concerning any bad reviews here, I have had to return 3 lenses totaling over 7K in the last month, and they quickly refunded everything back no questions asked. They also credited me 200 bucks, the difference, on a camera I purchased almost a month ago when it went on sale last week. Seriously, Adorama has quickly returned and credited my credit card on several items that I purchased in error as a somewhat newbie. I do everything on their website, but I have called them a few times. They are New Yorkers, and some of them might come across as a little rough around the edges in New York fashion, but they are professional and care about helping me with the best deal. They even worked on breaking apart a bundle deal for me because I had already purchased another item.

I have never had a single problem over the last six weeks making about 15 purchases totaling about 13K, many returns made by mistake, getting refunded, or shipping. I only regret not purchasing their awesome VIP360 membership which I will do tomorrow if they can cover my recent purchases (they have never said no to me). They also have great support, a learning center, Adorama TV, and so many more benefits. Seriously, as a big Amazon shopper, I buy all my camera gear and lighting from Adorama only. They are also a big company with many customers, but some people are just never happy no matter what you do for them. Some of the negative comments here are suspect for me because of my experience with Adorama, and they don’t deserve some of the comments made here.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2019

After further interaction with the Trade department, I am even more convinced that this is not a company that I want to do business with. Shortly after posting my review, an Adorama representative contacted me to apologize for my experience. She said after communicating with the Trade department, it seemed there was a mistake on my trade and they would be crediting me the $200 that should have been added initially as well as $50 for the dissatisfaction it caused. This was a quick response and a fair resolution that left me feeling happy. However, that resolution is not what ended up happening.
When I didn’t see a credit, I followed up with the Adorama representative to clarify, and she responded that she would follow-up with the Trade department. What resulted was being contacted by yet another person from the Trade department who would not email specifics but wanted to talk on the phone. When we were finally able to connect, it was again a similar experience to my initial interaction with the Trade department: fast talking, aggressive, and pushy. That is not my style and that is not who I want to interact with nor do business with. This man didn’t know what had been discussed before and provided me a $100 credit so I would “feel respected”. I am not a confrontational person and did not argue or push for the $250. If I was a different person, I probably could have negotiated to receive the difference. But that is not the point.
The point is you want to do business with a company that has integrity and does the right thing because it is the right thing to do and stands behind what it says it will do. Not because you argue, are aggressive and bully to get a good deal. You want a fair deal that is good for both you and the company, not unequally weighted to whoever is the most aggressive and pushy. The Adorama Trade department just throws around numbers willy nilly. There doesn’t seem to be a concrete rational or a consistent policy. It depends on who you talk to. And that leaves you with a distrustful feeling that you are not getting a square deal. As I said to Adorama, I appreciate the credit, but I still stand by my review that because of my negative experience with the Trade department, this is not a company I would recommend nor continue to support.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

For years, I have bought both used and new lens from Adorama. I have been very happy with the buying process and always been happy with what I received. My whole opinion changed when I sent in a lens to trade in. The email I received about the trade-in value of my lens only asked me to call to talk to someone. I was quickly handed off to a second person who told me what they would pay me for my lens and wanted to know if I had been thinking about buying a new lens. I had and when I told them what I wanted, I was then transferred to a third man. This third gentleman talked so fast, he probably had my card on file charged before I could even get to my wallet to verify it. It was this interaction that has left me with such a sour, disgusted taste in my mouth, that I don't want to do business with Adorama again.

To summarize, for the new Nikon 85mm 1.4 I wanted, he told me Adorama doesn't have any new ones in-stock, but that it was to my advantage because he could get me a top-of-the-line used model for $1596. In addition to my lens credit of $650, he would add $200 and throw in free shipping and no tax, so my total was $596. And that didn't sound right. After getting off the phone, I looked it up on the website. A NEW 85mm 1.4 is $1446 (which is the amount those other numbers actually add up to). A E+ used version is listed for $1086. I called him back, he told me that was a print error on the website, but he would honor that price. However, now I lost the $200 credit (because of honoring the correct price?) but he could still give me an extra credit of $40 making my new total $399.

The problem is, it happened so fast, I didn't have time to think.

My expectations of how Adorama does business is by clearly presenting all the relevant data and then allowing their customers to make thoughtful, informed decisions. I was caught off guard by the used car salesman fast talking techniques of the over-the-phone-Adorama. I waited the rest of the day for verification of my transaction, but all I got in the evening (after hours) was a shipping notification. I did not receive any verification of the trade-in of my lens, the details as discussed over the phone of the purchase of the used lens, or verification of the used quality of the lens being sent to me. The Adorama employee lied to me about not having new models in stock, tried to cheat me on the price of a used one, and didn't honor the additional $200 trade-in credit when correcting the price. Save yourself the stress and headache and sell your used equipment elsewhere.

Hi,

I was so sorry to read the description of your experience with our Trade team.

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for this and have immediately notified the Trade Department manager to have this reviewed. Please if you need anything else do not hesitate to reach out.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased a used flash from Adorama and the listing mentioned all the features on the flash. I paid for shipping and when It arrived I realized it had an E1 error so it was bricked and unusable. On the listing, it mentioned that if it does not work I could return the item within 30 days. When I talked to customer support they said that they already knew about this error and this item was only for parts.

I read the whole listing and this was not mentioned whatsoever for parts or any E1 error. I double-checked my receipt and emails about the purchase...nothing was mentioned. The rep told me it was unreturnable due to the disclaimer. I requested the listing information and they said it was taken down and they will need to retrieve it. I knew they were lying at this moment so I said, "No. I need a refund or I will call my bank," and only then did they grant me my refund but without the shipping cost refund. They then told me I had to pay UPS to ship this item back and I would be out of over 80 dollars due to their mistake. They finally granted me a free shipping label to return but I am not sure they will issue me a refund after seeing reviews on here. I may have to contact my bank for this fraud transaction. I needed a second flash and 2 aperture 120 D's and I ended up purchasing from Amazon instead. Never purchasing from Adorama again. You lost a customer.

Hi Jeremy,

I was sorry to read about your experience with your most recent purchase from Adorama. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused. I have sent you a separate email with details of what happened.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

NEVER EVER TRADE IN YOUR EQUIPMENT with Adorama!!!! I warn you- they are big scammers out here! I send my almost new Nikon Gear in for evaluation: Nikon D750, Nikkor 35mm 1.4 and Sigma 85mm 1.4. Speed light sb700 and few other items. Everything barely 1 year old. Some still on a warranty. I waited almost 3 weeks to get back with me because of the holiday they observe in October.

Well, they offered me very small money. Laughable. But that’s not the worst. They trade in department is rude and uncaring. Arthur is talking to you like you are beggar and not a customer. I talked to them about just exchange for Sony gear. Zeiss Batis 85 mm, Tamron 28-75 and a Flashpoint Speedlight V1. They said I will need to pay extra $200 which I did not agree to and asked to send me my gear back. So they offered just even exchange with no extra charge for open box equipment. I was particularly worry about Zeiss, and asked multiple times if that’s the lens I am getting and was confirmed that that’s the one.

I am getting email now that they send me Sony 85 mm not Zeiss 85mm which is $350 cheaper!!! Where is the deal guys?! They just give me open box equipment for the same money they offered me on a beginning (if I would take cash). ADORAMA TRADE IN DEPARTMENT WORKS LIKE FIRST CLASS SCAMMERS!!! They want to give you cheaper stuff. I want my equipment back ADORAMA! I will have my business elsewhere and never buy from you again! I want to warn everybody- never trade in your gear there. Go to B&H - they are serious people who treat you like gold, and don’t act like scammers in Adorama! I hope I can get my gear in same condition I send there, with all the warranty and original packaging! You would think they value they reputation and customers, but all they want is to cheat you and make profit. Unbelievable!

Hi Maria,

I was sorry to read the feedback you left here as well as on Yelp.

Please accept my apologies for the experience you had with our Trade team. I did see that you have been in contact with them and they worked out on getting you the correct item this time. Please, if you need anything else do not hesitate to reach out.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Great Experience with the Adorama Repair department. A lens I purchased from Adorama broke, and they were quick to step in and help me get it fixed. I want to thank David ** in that department for exceptional customer service. I feel like he really was able to expedite the service and quickly resolve the issue.

Adorama Camera Company Information