3.42/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

311 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2019

We returned a refurbished malfunctioning camera that we got online from Adorama. We barely had it for hours and sent it back using the exact same box we received it. After several phone calls and email exchanges, Adorama concluded that we returned a camera that is not the same one they sent us, as the serial numbers on the box didn’t match the item’s serial number. This means that we are dishonest people and tried to scam and rob Adorama. Unfortunately, we cannot prove that we never possessed a camera like that in the past. Our only available resource is that we are well known as honest and correct people. We do not care the money, instead, this episode is an ugly and undeserved smear on our personal record that may even harm us in the future. That’s why we will do everything legally possible to make this incident clear.

Hi Jesus,

It pains me to hear what happened to your order and I understand your frustration.

I already escalated this to our Returns Team. I will be updating you as soon as possible.

We look forward to resolving this issue.

Adorama Camera Ambassador

Original review: May 30, 2019

Hi. I'm only writing this here for there's nothing I can't or they can do about it since I live in Thailand and the purchased camera was brought to me by my friend from California. I received a used camera for sure. I purchased what I thought was a brand new camera and shipped it to my friend in Los Angeles. When I opened the box to my Lumix LX10 I was surprised to see the camera strap was attached to the camera. I have never seen this before and my friend who brought the camera is not a camera kinda guy. He didn't use the camera.

Moreover the gold sticker on the face of camera that comes with a brand new camera is missing. Gold sticker that says 1.4 f fast aperture lens is missing. Who do they think they are, selling me a used camera for a brand new camera price. I had ordered it a month before his arrival here in Thailand so there's nothing I can do about this OLD, USED camera. It's already been 2 months since I purchased it. Very Bad Adorama. Order: #**.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your response. I send you an email with the update.

Looking forward,

Nancy

Adorama Camera

Original review: May 22, 2019

I am a customer buying cameras and computers and other items from Adorama for a very long time. I always order half of my business equipment from Adorama and the other half from BhPhoto or Amazon. I have always just placed an order and received the item. I never needed to get support or help with anything. Last month, I ordered another Apple MacBook Pro for about $3500.00.

The laptop arrived and I started using it. Pretty soon the laptop started to freeze up and reboot. Many hours on the phone with Apple and Adorama trying to figure things out. Finally the customer service gave me an RMA and I sent the laptop back. I was suppose to get another one. So far I have not received the replacement laptop nor the credit for the purchase price. So I call Adorama and first person says I was outside the return period and hangs up. Second person tells me the computer received was "dirty".

Anyway, again many hours later, still they will not tell me what is going on and why they are dragging their foot on sending a replacement functional laptop. I had always thought I was dealing with a first class business but the first time I need some service, they have failed pretty miserably. They are not interested in solving the customer's issues. I am going to dispute the charges with AMEX AND order from BHPhoto. I and people like me have kept money flowing into their coffers was too long. It is time to show them that we have choices and they cannot do business like the MOB.

Hi Reza,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you described. It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had. If you can please email me with your order details, I will personally look into this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nancy

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: May 18, 2019

I'm reporting to this site as a last result to get some type of resolution. I Made a order on 4/30/19 for the LG HU80KA 4K Ultra HD Laser Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector. Excited to get the free express shipping provided I thought nothing of this. The problem arose when I actually received the package, I opened the package noticing that it was packaged poorly and look as if it wasn't taped at all. While further investigating the package I opened the boxed all to find out that the item purchased was not in the manufacturer's box. I contact Adorama immediately once I discovered this. I dealt with many reps from Zach **, to Nell ** to some guy name Mike over the phone. All assured me that they were sorry for the inconvenience and they would correct the issue promptly.

The last email I received asked for photo evidence which I complied & sent immediately. I was told I would be contacted within 2 business days. This was this past Monday & I'm writing on a Friday with not one response. Instead they sent the UPS guy to inspect the package with a damage claim. The UPS guy & myself were both puzzled as to why they would do this seeing that the package never had the contents in the first place. I never asked for any of this within the process of spending 2600$ & at this point feel hopeless in all dealings with Adorama. I'm writing this as a testament for someone else when you think of purchasing large priced items from Adorama. Maybe it will save someone the headache that has haunted me ever since I click the button. Concerned shopper.

Hi Raymond,

I am very happy to help you with this. Please do not hesitate to reach out for any inquiries/questions in the future.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: May 6, 2019

I paid for a new tripod but received instead a used, open-box item. The Anti-Rotation Pin was missing. Two screws were found loose in the carrying bag. The instructions were crumpled, inside a plastic bag that was also crumpled. I contacted customer service who agreed to send me another tripod but not until after the damaged one was received and processed. What a disgrace.

Hi K.P.,

Good day.

I was just made aware by our Shipping Dept. that a full refund was issued to you instead of a new item.

Please let me know if you want me to place a new order for you.

nancym@adorama.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: May 1, 2019

I cannot believe how crappy customer service is. I got a different story from all three agents. First I filled out the return as requested. Sent it back. They sent it to the wrong address even though I filled out the return request. Since I have talked to 3 different customer service agents and have no answers. If this flash didn't cost $460 I'd tell these clowns to pound sand. I want my flashback and I will never do business with Adorama again.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Terribly disappointed in Adorama. I have purchased at least six cameras from Adorama for work and personal use. I recently purchased a Nikon D750. After a few months and very minimal use, the camera started to experience shutter issues. I contacted Adorama and customer service informed me there was absolutely nothing they could do because I was outside the 30 day return window. The staff at Adorama was rude and completely unhelpful. I’ve always favored shopping at small businesses, but after this experience, I will never provide business to Adorama again.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your response.

Please return these items within this week. I sent you the return instructions on a separate email.

Thank you.

Nancy M.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This company would automatically sign you up for annoying daily promo emails after every order that you place with them regardless of your communication preferences checkbox while placing the order. Clicking an Unsubscribe link in those promo emails is completely useless as those emails keep coming. You can unsubscribe manually in your account preferences, but this is only good for a week or two, then this whole situation repeats. This is a first time I am seeing a company that abuses email communication that much, and wastes time of their customers.

Hi Avi,

Thank you so much for the time.

We reported this and we received confirmation that your email address was removed from our mailings.

Again, we are sorry for this.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in the future.

Adorama Camera Ambassador

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought a lens on Friday and a paid $25 for next day shipping so I can use it on Saturday for a project. But UPS tracking website says I won’t get it as late as Monday. This means they just stole my $25. I wish I saw all this reviews before I bought the lens. I don’t recommend no one to buy from this site. It only look good from far, they are scammers.

Hi Israel,

I apologize for the delay in delivering your package.

It pains me to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number and I will be reviewing this order as a top priority.

Looking forward,

Nancy Miller

Adorama Camera

Original review: April 3, 2019

I ordered a large order from Adorama Camera on 2/11/19, which included a refurbished Nikon D500 DSLR camera. When I got the camera I instantly noticed it wasn’t working as it should. I contacted Adorama about the issue, and they told me to contact Nikon as they are the ones who refurbished it. After troubleshooting with Nikon and trying the camera again the issues came back. So I immediately contacted Adorama and told them it would have to be replaced. I shipped the item back to them exactly as instructed on 3/18. It is now 4/2 and they have not replaced or refunded the camera. They have made me jump through hoops, have been terrible about staying in contact, have not updated me, and have caused an outrageous amount of stress.

The first issue began when they sent me an email on 3/25 (a week later, they claim to process returns and exchanges in 2-3 days) saying the returned was “declined” because the serial number on the camera I sent did not match the one on file. I responded promptly that this is not possible, at least on my end. I sent the exact camera they sent me, exactly as they asked, in the condition it was sent to me in. I told them either they had recorded the wrong serial number to begin with or something seriously wrong happened during shipment - both issues are beyond my power. They responded TWO days later saying they’re working on the issue.

On 3/27 they told me I had sent the camera in the wrong box. I sent the camera back in the Nikon refurbished box it came in. I responded promptly and said I sent it back in the box it came to me in, as their return form asked. No reply. Yesterday, 4/1, I called customer service. I exclaimed my issues and they returned with the same thing that I’ve heard through emails. “The serial number doesn’t match, the box isn’t right” and I again told them how this wasn’t possible on my end. I’ve done everything they asked exactly how they asked. The customer service agent was absolutely no help. She told me she would forward my message over to the agent who had been emailing me and have her call me. 24 hrs later and I haven’t heard anything.

I understand small companies have to watch their back for scammers, but if these issues are true they are completely beyond my power. I sent the camera I was sent initially, the exact way they asked. I have emailed them multiple times with no response. The customer service agent on the phone was useless. It’s been almost two months since the initial purchase and I have nothing to show for a $1,399.95 camera. I am a college student who is completely self sufficient. I don’t have $1,400 to throw around. I have dealt with lots of companies, and this is easily the worst I’ve been treated. I have been left in the dark after 7 attempts to get the issues straightened out.

Dear Victoria

Thank you for your recent purchase from Adorama Camera, although I was concerned to note the issues you described.

I'm not actually able to identify your order without your order number, but if you can please email me I can do my best to help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Helen Oster