3.38/5

Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

301 Adorama Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I recently purchased a Fender Mustang Bass through Adorama. I purchased the bass through Adorama for two reasons - 1) They had an amazing price on the bass and 2) They have a color option called surf pearl that is exclusive to Adorama. I purchased the bass using shop runner 2 day shipping on Thursday 12/20. The bass arrived on 12/27. I realize that during the holidays shipping times can vary so I was fine with it arriving on the 27th. I was also happy to take a small amount of time off work to receive the package until I opened the box and the bass was damaged. The finish on the bass was cracked where the neck met the body of the bass.

I called customer support and they stated that I could return the item for a refund or for a replacement. This was an easy process and I dropped the bass off at UPS for return the same day Thursday the 27th. I had inquired about receiving expedited shipping on the replacement item since the originally item was damaged. Customer support stated this was not an option. So overall ordering and returning was easy but the item was received damaged and the idea of expedited return shipping on the replacement item was not an option. Depending on when the replacement item arrives I will also need to take time off again to receive the item when delivered.

The returned item arrived at Adorama today Wednesday 1/2. Depending on the turn around time of the replacement item and its condition once received would allow me to provide a higher rated review for Adorama. All of this is written knowing there can be delays due to the holidays. I guess overall I'm just a bit disappointed that the item was received damaged and having to wait a couple of weeks to get to play this sweet new bass.

Hi Kellie

Thank you so much for your purchase, and for your feedback - although I was concerned to note that the guitar arrived damaged.

I'd welcome an opportunity to look into this further; are you able to email me with your order number?

Thank you, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ended up losing money taking off from work and damaged goods with this company! I want to be as unbiased as I can about my experience with Adorama. I actually am a first time customer, so I would hope for the best going forward. I decided to buy a bundle as a Christmas gift for someone. They had a deal going on: Canon T6 + Pixma Pro Printer + Glossy Printer paper ($649, but $299 after a $350 gift card). I placed my order in a snap, and 4 hours later I get a “item is on backorder” email. Ok that’s fine. I can wait a little bit. Several weeks pass, and every week I’m told it’s the next week or give two more weeks. So I wait. That’s fine.

On Christmas Eve I finally get my order and lo and behold, the printer and paper are damaged. I had a rude rep who was arguing about the weight of the printer claiming it’s only 10 lbs and why I couldn’t take it to UPS myself (which it weighs more 50 lbs+ and I have a small vehicle. It can’t fit). I call again and get Iris who I explain I that I understand it’s Christmas but can I either: 1.) Return this printer and have a replacement sent, it’s for a gift and my family are leaving for the end of year. 2.) Keep the printer and get a partial refund for the inconvenience.

Iris puts in a request to pick up the printer and to expedite a undamaged printer and paper the day after Christmas, and she promised a $50 in store gift card which I had no complaints and was a satisfied customer. I end up having to lose 2 days of work and staying home all day waiting for UPS because they never came nor did the gift card. Actually UPS put on the 2nd day they came and no one was home, which I have footage of them clearly bypassing my home without stopping. Sure enough I had to get on the phone again and finally UPS came that day and picked it up. All is well right? Nope Adorama ends up sending me a refund for only the printer so now I can’t even get the $350 rebate and no printer or paper (or gift card as promised).

So after waiting over a month, losing money for two days taking off from work to wait for UPS, and dealing with rude reps, I am currently sending the camera back and getting a refund, but I don’t EVER want to do business again with this company! At least they could come with a better solution when they inconvenience customers, but a simple robotic “we appreciate your interest and sorry” that’s the standard for most companies is all you get. I ended up just getting my girlfriend another gift. When companies inconvenience like this, it’s terrible, especially when it’s your first time ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have been very satisfied with Adorama until this point. Last night I placed 2 Novatron nt4520 grids in my cart for $10.19 each. After entering my credit card info, the price changed to over $52 each!. So I told my wife, no big deal... I'll call them in the morning. I just got off the phone with 2 people which both told me basically I'm bbnout of luck. Not even an attempt to make it right. I even reached out to them on Facebook to have a record of my attempts to correct the issue. To add to the matter... my order history is missing along with my VIP 360 status. I wont need it anymore. I do not plan on 2019's purchase order to be fulfilled by Adorama any longer. I am disappointed. I've always liked Adorama.

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2018

I would have withdrawn the review, since the company issued a refund nearly one month after my original complaint, but Helen **, is customer service is very clear that the previous review was false. However, on December 28th, the review was accurate and yes, the refund was subsequently issued -- but, I had to chase after this refund well over 15 times in both email and voice contact.

Be that as it may, this ugly experience is now at an end and unless the company has another retort, this matter is closed as far as I am concerned. Please also understand, as a past customer and an American, this is my opinion of the company and am free to express it. This is what reviews are for. I do thank Shae **, who was another representative in this company who saw that there was going to be no end to this, and I believe saw that it was unfair, that through the holidays, a customer had to be put under so much stress.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Order No. **. I would stay away from this merchant and go to either amazon or B&H --- the customer service is so bad and they constantly make misrepresentations. I placed an order for over 1000 dollars that was supposed to be delivered early December. Although it was said to be left at my doorstep, I did not receive it, have not been issued a refund or a replacement order processed.

Originally, they stated a refund would be issued by them on December 14, 2018, after UPS completed they investigation, which was part of their procedure. I have actually looked into this and this is very rare for merchants to do, but I trusted them. After no response from them, I again contacted them on a number of occasions and was told, the UPS investigation would be completed on December 24th, and that a refund would be processed. After Christmas, I was given yet a different story by Helen **, one of their rep. stating they would not issue the refund and, or a replacement. She was also not responsive to my other concerns.

They have essentially stolen my money, and will not take any responsibility. This company has no ethics. I week after this order that went missing, I had trusted them and bought over a 2k camera, with a defect and they will not even respond to my concern yet within 30 days. From speaking to many representative, (including a senior rep in NYC -Helen ** -- their call centers in Asia are of no help) both email and some voice calls, I have they lying. When you buy items, merchants should be more interested in building loyalty and repeat business. This company has no care or respect for its customers, and they have lost a very expensive account. Be very careful with you hard earned money, stay away from them. Check out their very many negatives online and via the Better Business Bureau.

Adorama Camera response

As this customer was REFUNDED IN FULL, yesterday, 27th December, his allegation is untrue.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

So excited to see a Fujifilm camera on Brad's list, great camera, GREAT PRICE... WRONG! Opened the box before gift wrapping it because we heard something bouncing around... Thought they forgot to secure the camera. Very disappointed to find an opened old bottle of lotion in the box!! Tried calling local and 800 numbers posted on Adorama's website during their business hours and get messages saying they are closed due to it being outside their business hours??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Ordered a camera from Adorama since they were giving free accessories if I bought from them, it would have been the perfect Christmas gift. That were the good side of Adorama ended, when I got it I put it aside where the person I was giving it to wouldn't see it or know about it. I went to wrap the camera and to my surprise camera was not there. Very frustrated and angry, should not have been tempted about the free accessories, and bought from B&H.

Dear Anjesh

I was concerned to read that on going to wrap the camera you found it was not in the box.

We check outgoing weights of all shipped items & we have cameras above each packing station. So it is easy to check whether the camera was in the box when it left us or if it was removed during shipping.

I'm unable to ID your order without additional details, but if you email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number, I will be delighted to assist you.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have been chasing the customer care for a week now and there's no response that the customer care has been able to provide. My $2878 towards Order ** are stuck and the email responses are just repetitive without even applying any brain. It seems that the company has cheated me for $2878!!!

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Rajnish, and I'd welcome an opportunity to understand what went wrong here. However, I'm unable to ID you from your name alone.

Can you please email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number, and this will have my early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I won't use Adorama again. Although the customer service is good, the overall experience was very poor. I ordered a Canon DSLR and was sent the camera with a Nikon battery and charger. I reached out and the correct battery was sent very quickly to me, but it was sent without a charger. So first, I have the camera with the wrong battery and charger, and then when I have the correct battery I can't even charge it. I'm then told it's going to be another 1-2 business days to hear back from the used department. As someone who works in one of the top companies for customer service, I wanted to be impressed. The facts are that, I'm not. Get it right the first time. But if you don't... PLEASE at least get it right the second time! No compensation offered other than "sorry" and just sending me what I originally should have gotten in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Ordered a DSLR camera for my wife's birthday, with a delivery date scheduled for Nov 27th. After waiting a few days AFTER that date, we checked the tracking and noticed that the camera was delivered to a random Amazon fulfillment center. It was literally signed for by an Amazon employee (don't ask me how it ended up there). I looked back at the order and verified I had entered the correct address, and even checked the receipt to ensure it was typed in correctly etc (it was).

I reached out to Adorama believing that they would send us the item we have already paid for, and figure out what went wrong with the shipment later. I couldn't have been more wrong. Apparently their process is to file a claim with the shipper, and make us wait until that is resolved before they will even CONSIDER doing anything. Nearly 2 weeks later, and we still have no resolution. Via chat, they offer their "sincere apologies" etc etc, but still no resolution, even though the tracking CLEARLY shows they delivered to the wrong address. These guys are frauds, plain and simple. Their overall score indicates this as well as my own experience. Avoid buying from them at all costs.

Adorama Camera response

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, Joel, and I'd welcome an opportunity to look into this.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I order two filters on their website, then I get an email saying one of them isn't in stock so the order will be delayed. Fine, I wasn't in a rush, so I reply their email asking for how long it would take. No reply. The day after, my order was considered as a "fraud" by their software, and was therefore canceled (While I had already been through the VISA secured verification process, and my bank account was about to be charged). I ask why that happened and why they haven't replied my first question about the item availability delay, and their reply is: "We weren't able to confirm your credit card (no explanation). Please contact that number (US phone number) to check on the availability of your product." I live in the Philippines (I told them in my previous email), so obviously I didn't call the US number. Total waste of time. I gave up and ordered through B&H...much better and actually cheaper.

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read the description of your recent experience with order verification, Yann, & would welcome an opportunity to look at the issues you raised

Could you email me with your order number, so I can ID your account?

We work very hard on delivering you the ULTIMATE in quality & customer service, so it pains us to learn that you've had a less than satisfying experience with ordering from Adorama.

I look forward to hearing from you

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Changed description of a $970 laptop I bought through their eBay store on Black Friday. The day after I bought it and removed 1 TB HDD from description and lowered price to $899, I call and say, "Hey there's no 1 TB HDD here. Can you credit me the price difference." They acknowledge they changed the description and tell me they are "escalating it up to management". 6 days pass and I contact again and they decline my request for the difference in price. Bait and switch whether on purpose or not and refuse to make it right, and Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are over with so not like I can go with different vendor. I would not have purchased this item if it had the correct description.

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, and I'd welcome an opportunity to understand more about what happened here in relation to the advertised description of the item.

Resolution response: Dec. 26, 2018

After the corresponding with Helen at Adorama, I have now recieved the equipment as shown when I ordered the camera. They have corrected this oversight to my satisfaction. Thanks Adorama.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered a Pentax KP on Thanksgiving day. Their website showed a free package consisting of 18-55mm lens, sling bag, and strap. I called to verify the free accessories, and was assured they would arrive with the order. When the camera came, no accessories. I called them and emailed them a screenshot of the webpage with said free accessories, and they have not contacted me at all. They have lost me as a customer for good.

Adorama Camera response

Thank you for your order from Adorama Camera, Randy, although I was deeply concerned to read that this was your experience and I'd welcome an opportunity to understand more about what happened here.

Can you please email me with your original order number, and this will have my early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased the Uzi Tactical Defender #8 (tactical pen) and was excited when it arrived promptly. However, the pen was defective and wrote poorly. It was difficult to remove the pen refill and I contacted customer service and was told Adorama has limited information about the items they sell. I was told to contact the manufacturer (who also couldn't help me and sent me back to Adorama). When I was finally able to remove the pen refill, it was apparent the ink inside the refill leaked all over the interior of the pen making a huge mess and causing issues with the opening and closing of the pen. Since I threw away the box and packaging it came in there is no chance in returning it now. I posted a negative review on the Adorama site and they would not post the review to the item page!

I was disappointed in the pen, but after noticing that Adorama didn't even publish my review I am even more disappointed. Perhaps other negative reviews were deleted from Adorama and had I read them, I would not have wasted my money with the purchase. I think that companies that edit and delete negative reviews are dishonest and I can't shop with a company I can't trust. I wish I had read about Adorama online before I made my purchase. It seems this is a common practice with the company.

Adorama Camera response
Mauro; we do NOT delete reviews. The posting of reviews is sub-contracted out to an external company. NOBODY employed directly by Adorama Camera has anything whatsoever to do with uploading or removing or customer reviews.

The review cannot have been "removed" because it was never uploaded.

Please send a copy of your review to me directly: Helen@adorama.com, I will make inquiries with the company which deals with the reviews to find out when they expect to upload it.

Adorama Camera

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

First let me tell you that Adorama has no US phone number. All the phone calls are directed to Philippines. So I placed an order of two lenses and I paid $49.99 for VIP360 to have it delivered in 2 days. They didn't even bother to send the lenses until the 2nd day when they were supposed to be delivered. I called, talked to Stacy ** and she sent me an email assuring me that I will get my package in 2 days. Of course they never did. So a few days later, I called, asked for a supervisor and she said it's gonna take 1 to 2 business days for them to get me the refund.

2 days later I called AGAIN and they didn't even start the process. When I asked to talk to that supervisor again, they said she is "engaged with another customer", and when I said that I will wait, the person I talked to told me that the supervisor just finished her shift and she left the office. I said: "3 minutes ago she was with another customer". "But she just left", the person answered me. So when I asked her what about my refund of $837, she told me that Department is closed but "BE ASSURED" that tomorrow morning you will have your refund. I am so tired of their lies.

Adorama Camera response
I was deeply concerned to read the description of your experience, Calin, and I'd welcome an opportunity to look into the issues you raised in your feedback.

Can you please email me with your order number, and I can assure you that this will have my early attention.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I would like to apprise you of the damaged laptop (MacBook Pro 15 TouchBar 2018) that I have received in my order. It was already a tough task for me to order a laptop from Adorama. My order was canceled thrice and my card was charged twice. After receiving the laptop finally, I set up my laptop and after that, I was locked out of my laptop multiple times. The screen started flickering as well in the laptop at the lower bottom. I contacted Apple Care and they told me it is most likely a component failure. Now, the laptop is not turning on at all and I am left with no words. I have never had such a terrible experience. I have spent 2100 on an online purchase but never expected the same. I have contacted the Apple support care with respect to this issue. They told me to contact you and probably for a replacement. Kindly initiate the refund/replace process for the same.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Before today I thought Adorama was a reputable photography site with good customer service. Now I'm not sure. I signed up for their VIP membership last year but decided I wasn't using the benefits and canceled auto renewal. Although auto renewal showed it was off, my membership set to expire, today I was charged and renewal turned itself back on in the process. This feels like a form of cramming. J. was the first representative I spoke with and immediately asked me to repeat myself, rather than reading the thorough information I'd already provided, my request for a refund, and to have auto renewal canceled for real this time.

J. said he could see my membership was scheduled to cancel. I pointed out that's strange for me to be charged when it shows cancel on their end as well. J. said he'd resolve the issue, I was surprised when he disconnected himself from the chat without notice or resolving the issues. C. was the next representative I spoke with and was more helpful. He was able to review the previous chat (per my request) and didn't require me to retype everything. C. said he scheduled a refund for me and turned auto renew off again.

Since I was charged, even with it off and no credit card info showing stored in my account, I wanted something in writing this time. With persistence, C. eventually sent me a manually typed confirmation email that I'll receive a refund and auto renew is really off this time. In the end they said this issue "might" be on their end, even though they confirmed that on their end it also showed I was set to cancel -- before their system renewed me anyways without permission. Also concerning, they said they'll fix this "if" the problem is on their end. (The problem is on their end, a customer can only cancel auto renew and remove the card on file, there is nothing else the customer can do.) I don't plan to shop with Adorama anymore after my experiences today.

Dear Craig

I was concerned to see this; checking the system I see the following:
VIP from: 2017-11-14
VIP Expiration: 2018-11-14

VIP Renew: No

Although you opted out, a glitch our system caused your card to be charged for renewal.
You contacted us 11/12/18 & your VIP360 was canceled & refunded immediately.
Please accept my deepest apologies for the dissatisfaction caused.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

First and foremost Adorama's customer service is absolutely horrendous. They offer 3-day expedited shipping and it has taken my order 1 week to be delivered. I understand it means business days but when trying to resolve the issues with customer service which was initially a call center did not offer any help. I ended up speaking with someone who works directly with Adorama and have never been treated so rudely. I was made to feel that I was in the wrong! Who treats people like this?!?! What kind of company treats people like this!?!?! What kind of company tells the customer that has spent their hard earned money they are wrong. Completely rude, inappropriate and unacceptable.

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with Adorama, Adam, & would welcome an opportunity to look at the issues you raised

Could you email me with your order #, so I can ID your account?

We take great pride in delivering the ULTIMATE in customer service, so it pains me to learn that you've had a less than satisfying experience.

Please do contact me:Helen@adorama.com. I'm here to help!

Adorama Camera

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Adorama cancelled an online order I made, but failed to communicate that the money is kept on hold. I found out the hard way and requested the release of the funds, which they supposedly processed. But my bank tells me they received no such request from Adorama. If you won't sell me the camera, don't block my money!

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with Adorama, Shaza, & would welcome an opportunity to look at the issues you raised

Could you email me with your order #, so we can ID your account?

We take great pride in delivering the ULTIMATE in customer service, so it pains us to learn that you've had a less than satisfying experience.

Please do contact me:Helen@adorama.com. I'm here to help!

Adorama Camera

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I placed an order for a flash package. The description informed of the items in the package and the prize. I placed the order, and I received a confirmation email. Later that day a representative called me notifying me that the items were too many, therefore the package was divided into two orders and needed to charge me separately for the packages. 1st order was charged, second order was charged to me twice and then a third time. Supposedly, they weren’t getting a confirmation from my bank, but I could see the transactions. The next day I was $400 ($795+ total charged for a 345 package) shorter than the original price I had paid. I called them and they said, they didn’t get a confirmation. I cancelled all the purchases I made and demanded a full refund. Also called my bank to make a claim and dispute. I don’t think I will ever do business with Adorama, I guess is better to deal with B&H or Amazon.

Adorama Camera response
I was so sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with Adorama, Daniel, & would welcome an opportunity to look at the issues you raised

Please email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order # so we can ID your account

We take great pride & work hard to deliver the ULTIMATE in quality & customer service, so it pains us to learn that you've had a less than satisfying experience

Resolution response: Oct. 8, 2018

Customer service contacted me and we were able to resolve the issue. I appreciate them taking the time to work this out.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I sent in a request for a value on my Nikon D610. I received a callback a couple of days later saying that I could receive up to 70% of the resale value of my camera. Frank, the rep, proceeds to tell me that I could be paid up to $700 for my camera if the condition meets what I described because they would sell it in the $900 range. Well they have had my camera for 3 weeks and I just now get the email to tell me my quote is ready. I call and speak to Isaac who doesn't want to help at all and seems like I am an inconvenience to him and he proceeds to tell me that the market value is now $650 and that they will only offer me $450 for my camera. I asked how it was rated and he said "excellent".

This makes no sense at all as they are still selling excellent versions of my camera for $900+, even their fair version with sensor scratch and shutter issues goes for more than $700. There is no possible way my camera is only worth $450 even if paying 70% of the value. All I ask is for companies to be fair and Adorama is not. This process is the worst ever and I would not recommend anyone to do it unless you just want to spend a few weeks without your equipment. I should have read all the reviews beforehand but I thought they would be fair since they are a large nationwide supplier.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I just placed an order today. They sent me the email order was received and will ship soon. Not even an hour later I get another email saying item is in back order. They said item will ship as soon as available. The email also said that I won't be charge until item is shipped. I go check my bank right away and my bank got charge. It makes no sense right? I called customer service. They said the item is in back order and I said, "Then why am I getting charge when the email said I wouldn't be charge unless the item was shipped." I said, "Cancel my order please because I need the item ASAP." She said, "I can do that." So I asked her, "So what's gonna happen with my money?" She said I have to wait 3-7 business days to get it. I ask her why if the item is in back order I have to wait 3-7 business days. Not happy with this company... I DON'T RECOMMEND TO NOOO ONE!!! Won’t give it less stars because I can’t!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I purchased a Cyber Power computer for my son sold by Adorama Camera. It was purchased via Amazon on 9/16/18. I was given the “it’s on the way” email by Amazon delivery date of 9/21/18 well my first notion something was hinky was zero tracking info, so I contacted the seller. Given a delivery date of 8/21/18 no tracking info because they said it was being drop shipped. Oh oh we were hopeful so from 9/24-9/26 my alerts said product delivery by 8pm. Of course it never came. I called again and received a message that the place was closed for some Middle Eastern holiday and would not be open until Oct 3. I contacted Amazon for a third time... My order was never shipped, I called Cyber Power. Guess what? AC is not a verified seller and they are NOT SOLD TO AC at all!

Cyber Power Computers are only sold by their own website, Best Buy no one else. They have been bombarded with fake computers or badly refurbished computers. So they took my money, which Amazon says they will refund eventually and we have no birthday gift because AC stole our money. Shameful! Never buy anything from them!

Adorama Camera response

I was concerned to read that this was your experience, Kristi, and messaged our Purchasing Department to try to seek clarification.

I haven't been able to ID your order as you didn't include your order number, but if you'd like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, I will be delighted to assist in any way I can.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Helen@adorama.com

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I'll start off by saying this, I have no idea how Adorama is still in business. It's truly baffling. What I'm about to tell you, is a consumer horror story. On September 2nd, I ordered as a birthday present to myself... the (used) Canon EF 24-105mm and a lens hood to go along with it. My sister in law had a strong woman competition that coming weekend so I wanted to make sure I had the new lens by then to take it for a spin. The package comes in the mail by that Thursday. Which by the way, I chose something like 2 day shipping. Here's the first part of bs I encountered. The order was submitted the night of September 2nd, which is a Monday. It did not ship, till Tuesday afternoon or evening. I did not get the package till Thursday. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, that's not 2 day shipping. But I digress.

I open the package and see both the Lens and it's accompanying hood. All seems okay so far. Then there's a separate package, for some reason they sent me two lens hoods. I'm like... okay whatever. There was nothing on the site that mentioned the used lens came with a hood but that's okay. I can send it back. Well, I end up having to send the whole thing back. Why? 5-10 seconds into testing the lens out of the box with my 7D, I notice this excruciatingly awful grinding noise. I thought, "this can't be normal." So I pulled out my EF28-135mm lens that I've had for a few years. I tested and listened to its USM. It makes some noise but, nowhere near as bad as this new lens. So I put the 24-105mm back on and listen again. This... grinding noise is just incredibly alarming. So I thought... "okay, this can't be normal, but maybe it's just worn in, maybe that's what I'm hearing, maybe I'm hearing the sound of used."

I took it anyway to my sister in law's competition. Immediately, I'm noticing some issues taking photos. I thought, "well, maybe I'm just used to my other lens." Nope, the more photos I attempt to take the more I realize, none of the images are sharp. I'm outdoors and the ISO is at 150 tops, super fast shutter speed. It couldn't take a clear shot for shot. I get back home and load the photos to analyze them and sure enough, not a single one of them are clear. So I pulled out my tripod, mounted my 7D to it and started with my 28-135mm. I set it on a timer so that it'll be perfectly still. I set up the photo, take a few shots, then I switch it over to the 24-105mm. Exact same settings, sitting perfectly still on the tripod... It. Can. Not. Take. A Clear photo!! WTF!!? Ghosting galore.

So I'm thinking, my gut instincts were right. There is something not right with this lens; and possibly even more disturbing to me is somehow this passed someone's functionality test at Adorama. 10 seconds into me testing it, and I was alarmed. TEN seconds. That's all it took. So my first point is, clearly their used equipment is not tested worth a damn. This is Saturday and I'm furious that I can't do anything about this until Monday. So I immediately contacted Adorama hoping they'd get the message by Sunday or Monday.

I tell them, there's clearly something wrong and for whatever reason, I have two lens hoods. I just need to send them back for simple exchange. They ask me to contact Canon to troubleshoot. Okay, this infuriated me. I broke down all the testing I did on this lens and you're telling me to contact Canon??! GFYS... So I pushed them to create a return label. I filled out the RMA form and 'explicitly' said "I want a replacement lens WITH a lens hood, and only one, if you do not have a replacement lens with a lens hood, I want a full refund." Magically, it gets there in a day... Funny how that works. It took a seven year itch to get to me, but gets to them in 24 hours. Interesting.

So, they have the package for what I believe was about 2-3 business days before I got any email about processing the exchange or refund. An additional business day or two before they actually send the replacement back out. So another 2.5-3 day wait, I get the package. At last, I have a working lens... But something's missing. The lens hood, is nowhere to be found. I begin thinking, does Adorama employee people with visual impairment? Does everyone who works there have ADD? I typed up my directions on the RMA sheet, so there's no excuse to misread handwriting. Or is everyone at Adorama just simply incompetent? Idk. But nonetheless, here I am nearly 3 weeks later and my order still isn't completely fulfilled.

So I contact them... again. This time, no more Mr. Nice guy. I let them have it. I'll be honest, I rarely cuss people out. I unloaded and I got them to not only send me a lens hood at no cost, but I made them Next Day air it. So why am I still mad? They send me two tracking numbers. I got one of the lens hoods in the mail today, the 25th, and another one is coming again tomorrow? Like... how does that even happen? Not to mention, it was definitely NOT next day air. So what am I doing with the extra lens hood? I'm selling it to a local camera store for $5 and buying myself a nice bottle of beer. I need it after the bs I went through with this worthless company.

Dear Cole

I was so sorry to read the description of your experience - both here & on 'Yelp'

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. We would welcome an opportunity to look into what went wrong here, but are unable to ID your order without additional details.

Can you please email: Helen@adorama.com.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought a telescope from them on eBay. It came damaged, not their fault for sure. They asked me if I wanted to get a refund or a replacement. I told them I wanted a refund. I wanted this because I wanted the telescope and because I had a zero interest promotion with PayPal Buyer Credit and I had to get a refund to keep the deal. If I re-purchased I wouldn't get the promotion. Their response to me telling them I wanted a replacement was, and I quote, "Thank you for confirming that you wish to have a replacement." When they got the telescope back they refunded me the amount for the telescope but not the shipping. I then told them that they needed to retract the refund, as PayPal Customer Service instructed me to do, and they would not do that.

They said they could offer me a discount which was all of twenty dollars off my original purchase price. They offered to ship it for free, but they had not refunded my shipping from the original purchase. So, was it really free shipping? I had to call them to get them to refund the shipping. I will never do business with this company again. Their e-mails were barely understandable. If they were longer than one sentence, I wasn't sure of what they were trying to tell me. I believe this company tried to intentionally rip me off of the $85 shipping charge and I don't feel they should be allowed to do commerce on sites like eBay or Amazon as they clearly can not understand the basic written English language.

Dear Noble

I was sorry to read your feedback & apologize for the error

In your feedback you state you wanted a refund, but told our CS Team you wanted a reship which is why no shipping refund request was entered

The shipping department processed a refund in error & we then refunded $85.09

We can’t offer free financing but we can process a replacement for $369.99 with free shipping, a saving of$105

Would this be of interest? If so, please email me Helen@adorama.com

Adorama Camera

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

After received a confirmation for a credit card, spend 4 months waiting for the account statement and card and NEVER receive a response, but they charge $35 for each month (LATE FEES), this was a Nightmare.

Dear Jose

I am sorry to see this but your complaint needs to be directed to Comenity Bank, not to Adorama Camera - as Comenity Bank is the supplier of the credit card.

Please remove this review and contact the credit card supplier: https://about.comenity.net/heretohelp

Adorama Camera

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I attempted to purchase a copier put on special within minutes of it being shown online. They refused to honor the price although they had the product in inventory. “All items that was (sic) on sale has already sold.” They offered nothing other than to sell it at their list price. They deserve no stars. I will not do business with them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

On July 30 2018 I contacted Adorama to purchase a Sekonic L 758 DR light meter from the used dept. I talked with a salesman named Julio ** who sold me the meter. Paid for it immediately by PayPal. When I received no shipping order later in the week I contacted Adorama service dept. and told them I had received no shipping order and the order did not show on my account. They told me to contact MR ** which I tried by phone only getting his answering machine but no call back after leaving a message. His answering machine says, "E-mail me you will get a quick response." Tried that more than once. Still no answer. Over the years I have ordered from Adorama with good service and customer relations however that looks to be a thing of the past. Looks like another corporation that has decided that the customer is just a number to fleece and forget. Amazon is looking better and better to me.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Received a defective SS Gimbal from Adorama. Missing battery door, would not power on (with batteries taped in), stripped lower GoPro mount screw, and the included evo GoPro adapter would not hold tight in my genuine GoPro mount and chesty. Unfortunate that this is the highest rated wearable gimbal available. I purchased this Gimbal and a new GoPro days before a major cancer surgery to record my last mountain biking adventure that would be possible in the season. I was traveling up to Lake Tahoe for this special trip and I was unable to capture it due to the error made by Adorama. With my cancer there's no way of knowing if I will be alive next season and be able to mountain bike again.

Before surgery I was riding at my peak competitive level, which I may never achieve again due to the cancer, immunotherapy, and chemo. Adorama's response to my return was to ignore my request for over a week, and issue a return tag without explanation, an apology, or a solution to my problem. Without a doubt I would never buy anything ever again from Adorama. They are the classic example of a heartless corporate entity with menial nonexistent customer service and are not concerned in the least with keeping customers or fixing mistakes that they make.

Original review: July 25, 2018

A month ago I contacted Adorama customer service regarding a problem with my Adorama credit card. Still have the same problem and seems nobody cares. If I can leave 0 stars instead of 1 I will. Horrible customer service. I exchanged emails with Apple **. support, Helen and Ron ** (cust service supervisor). They didn't do anything besides replaying well known facts. In fact, the last guy promised he gonna take care and he will contact the bank and 5 days later still nothing. Also didn't reply on my emails. Stay away from Adorama credit cards. They even didn't know the bank number is only automatic voice service and there is no way to speak with a representative or customer service.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Did not receive item in 5 days and no satisfactory answer. Only we're talking about refund. If I need refund why did I order. I need my product on time. I needed my mono light for Saturday shoot and I ordered it on Monday to get it on Wednesday. Friday I called and no one knows where is it. Very disappointing. B & H is best store to buy. All my photographer friends make sure you get your item on time. Try to avoid Adorama.

Dear Taj

Your package was lost by UPS; the supervisor you spoke to at 5pm on Friday advised we couldn't overnight a new a package for Saturday delivery (shipping ended 4 hours earlier & we don’t offer Saturday delivery because Adorama is privately owned by an observant Jewish family who don't permit acts of commerce to be conducted on the Jewish Sabbath)

A UPS lost package claim was requested & credit has been issued for reship/refund

Adorama Camera Company Information