Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.66/5

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

We shop long and hard and thoughtfully to make your shopping experience a wide-angled panorama of the very best in photographic/visual gear. Smart buying on our part means savvy saving on your part. At Adorama, we pride ourselves on keeping the cost of remarkable photography remarkably low by constantly comparing and competing to keep our shelves stocked with the best equipment at the best prices.

Whether you’re looking to add the latest gear to your bag, enhance your visual experience or just share a camera-friendly word with people who care — welcome to Adorama.

We love photography. We love the art and science and passion of photography. We love the photographers, both well-known and well-intentioned, who create works both famously and anonymously great.

Our store brings it all together — a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling photographic overload (take your time, you could get a bit lightheaded!). Experience the very latest, the proven workhorses, the must-haves, the smart add-ons and the unexpected surprises.

View More View More

Adorama Camera Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 1, 2020

If I could give Adorama -5 stars I would. I typically don't write any reviews, but this one is well deserved. I'm now convinced Adorama is a company run by crooks. I have sold them a Nikon 105mm f.1.4. The process started at the beginning of March. After two weeks I have received an offer by their Trade department and I have accepted it. They were supposed to mail me a check on March 16. After two weeks I didn't receive anything and I had to email their customer support. I was told to wait for the check that probably there was a delay with the mail delivery because of the pandemic. After two weeks still nothing.

Around mid April (after one month) I had to email them again and I was told that they made a mistake with my address and they were going to resend another check. I even offered them to send me the money as a credit on my credit card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Venmo, etc. but nothing. After an email exchange of 25 EMAILS as of May 1st I'm still waiting for my almost a thousand dollar check. Two months after I have mailed them the lens. Way to go Adorama!!! This is the last time I will deal with them. When you want to trade your gear do yourself a favor and look elsewhere at reputable companies like KEH or MPB, I should have done that since the beginning.

Hi Simone,

I'm really sorry that you've still not received the check.

We have sent a 3rd check on the 30th to the corrected address you provided us. Although, we'd have liked to credit your credit card to expedite this, it was explained that if it has not been used with us before, it may be rejected by the bank.

I can only apologize most sincerely for this delay. However, at this time all we can do is wait for it to arrive.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 30, 2020

REAL TALK! I really do believe that all these negative reviews about Adorama is absolutely true, not just people ranting. If I could give them a negative rating, I would in a heartbeat. Here's why... Long story short, ups admitted that they have delivered the return package to the wrong address. The tracking detail on the ups website, under details it shows claim issued, meaning they are ready to bite the bullet since they have admitted their own fault. Ups stated that they mailed paperworks for adorama to respond, but adorama absolutely ignoring the situation for such a long time, caused the claim to be voided.

I called the worst csr department on the planet (referring to Adorama's csr) over 60 times by now. On several occasions where I was lucky enough, to get through someone very rude named Rad; apparently he's the boss man there, and all other meaningless agents look up to him as if he's the big daddy. Going back to earlier period (less than 15 phone calls), one of the random agent claimed that Adorama has received an empty box, but that story later quickly changed to never received the returned package; because it was delivered to the wrong address. Contradicting the idea of mysteriously receiving an empty box, as previously stated by csr. At this point I'm thinking... how ignorant they must be? to state that they received an empty box (or any box from me that is) for this return, when UPS clearly states that we (UPS) delivered it to the WRONG ADDRESS and cannot retrieve the package.

I cannot even wrap my head around how UPS delivering to the wrong address TWICE would even be my fault? Since the impression that they gave me is somehow it is my mistake. When clearly I would not be the one to deliver the package. Going back about Rad, I do not know what his problem is, but first off extremely rude. He said he could not get a hold of me. I remember telling so many adorama cs agents that when I am working I cannot pick up my phone, so email me or if you must call, please use the number I have provided additionally.

I was hoping this issue could get resolved within a reasonable time frame, but between lack of care from the Adorama's poorly trained cheap csr team, completely ignoring the documents sent out by UPS, and Adorama being an extremely disorganized company; I would highly recommend shopping on amazon, BH or somewhere else. Definitely not here!

Do not be fooled by their live chat or phone support systems existences. Absolutely ZERO support! Even if you call the actual store in NY they refuse to help and click you right over back to these useless csrs in the Philippines. After spending so much time trying to get through someone reasonable, I came to a realization that Adorama has intentionally structured such "servicing" department. In order to force customers to either give up or possibly just hoping that you, as a customer, would go away. VERY SHADY to say the least!

Hi Natari,

I responded to your email directly regarding this and confirmed that this was handled by our Claims team. As such, we have to follow whatever conclusion was reached by them and it cannot be overridden. I am also unable to discuss any details about this Claim but if you wish, I can have them reach out to you again to explain the findings.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 22, 2020

I bought a product from Adorama through Amazon on April 15th fully expecting it to take a while to get here with the current clog in shipping. Adorama listed the product as being drop shipped on the 17th and since then I've talked to 3 different customer service representatives attempting to just get a tracking number for the package.

The first CSR I managed to talk to initially gave me someone else's order info from nearly a month before and then after I brought this up he found mine but said I would need to wait 1-2 business days to get a tracking number. I'm on business day number 4 currently and I've talked to 2 others who have sent me canned responses about the end date of the shipping range being 4/28 and please give them until then and explaining what drop shipping is. My package is now in limbo since I have no idea where my order is or when it will actually arrive beyond the nearly week long shipping range they gave me. I work from home now, and I may have a $1300 package sitting on my porch for hours with no way of knowing. This is unacceptable.

Hi Cody,

I was sorry to see your feedback regarding your order. Can you please send me your order number so I can look into this? You can email me at nancym@adorama.com

Looking foward,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 10, 2020

I recently ordered the Apple AirPods Pro headphones, which according to Adorama's website, was back ordered and would be shipped as soon as they received stock. Upon my surprise, my order was shipped the next business day, and arrived 4 business days later. When I opened the package, I realized that they had shipped the wrong product--Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case--instead. Even more shocking is that the serial number that Adorama records on their invoice does not match the product that they shipped to me. This seems to be an intentional bait and switch, upon where they can claim to have shipped the correct product via recording the ordered product's serial number, but ship a different product altogether. I've contacted Adorama's customer service and expect that I will get the run around based on other reviewer's experiences. Not a good experience at all, and would not shop with them again.

Hi Hong,

I was sorry to read about your experience with your most recent order with us. I see that one of our customer service teammate had already requested for the full refund of your order. You should see the credit posted to your original payment source within the next 2-3 business days.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance, we'll be happy to help.

Resolution response: April 10, 2020

After my frustrating response to the way my order went, I am happy to say that Nancy from Adorama did an amazing job at resolving this issue. She continued to stay in communication with me throughout the whole process, even when UPS delivered my order to the incorrect address for the second time. I received my refund for Expedited Shipping immediately after connecting with Nancy, as well! I have now received my order and I’m excited to explore it. The item was perfectly packed and brand new! Although it did take me writing a negative review of my frustrations to get my issue resolved immediately, I will continue to do business with Adorama, all thanks to Nancy and her prompt response and resolution. Thank you Nancy!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Ordered a Glow 28x39” Reflector Panel with stand - SKU# 1249953 on 03/27/2020 and paid Expedited 2-Day shipping. Created my account when I ordered via Facebook so when I went to review my order, the Account was showing no orders on file but I received confirmation emails regarding my order. Finally received an email that my order shipped on 03/30/2020 and after selecting the tracking number provided in the email, there was no information yet, but it showed the address in the email was my old billing address.

Called to have this corrected on 03/30/2020 with Adorama. Representative advised she would request to have the order redelivered to the correct address or have it dropped off at the nearest UPS store, and I would receive an email with this information. Never received information via email, so I called back on 03/31/2020. Finally received an email on 03/31/2020 from Adorama stating the package was confirmed by UPS that it would shipped to the correct address (it showed my correct address).

Followed the package and on 4/1/2020, package was delivered to incorrect address. Called Adorama immediately and they informed me that UPS had an error and the request was never processed correctly. Mind you, I never received a notification that this issue occurred. Rep told me that they would reach out to their UPS liaison and I would receive a response via email for status update. I personally called UPS and advised my package was delivered to the incorrect address and gave them my correct address. Because I called immediately, UPS was able to retrieve the package. No email from Adorama on the status so I called again on 4/2/2020 and they then advised me that UPS could not deliver due to an incorrect address. Now I’m extremely frustrated.

I informed all representatives that I had not received any correspondence about any issues or delays and now my package is two days over the time frame that I requested it to be delivered. Adorama Representative tried for tell me that initially the request was put in for redelivery so that had to be approved, and I had to kindly inform her that I received an email from Adorama stating UPS confirmed the delivery would be to the correct address. Again, representative advised I would receive an email after the “unit” was corrected to “apartment”, which I never had an issue with before with any of my other packages from UPS. Never received an email. Called Adorama back on 4/3/2020 and was finally informed that my package was out for delivery using the same tracking number. Followed the status of the package and it showed “In Transit” on 4/3/2020. Just checked back and it showed the error with the incorrect address.

Had to contact UPS myself and update my address again. Per rep, it would be out for redelivery on the next business day which is Monday! This was terrible communication and a waste of time ordering through Adorama. There were no call reference numbers provided when I requested, no confirmation or update emails were ever sent, I had to do all of the leg work between Adorama and UPS, and my Expedited shipping fee was a waste, because I still haven’t received the package. I did request a refund and they stated they would be refunding me the difference for regular shipping and expedited shipping costs, and I would receive an email, but no email again! I will be following up tomorrow or Sunday, whenever they are open since now they’re closed.

This whole experience has made me not want to ever deal with Adorama being that the communication is terrible and this whole process took a whole week and more to have resolved...if I even receive the package on Monday. Because I don’t ever want to do the leg work (which Adorama should have been working twice as hard to resolve) I will never order any items from Adorama again. This left a very bad taste in my mouth as a first-time consumer of Adorama, and this isn’t even a product review. Let’s see how the actual product turns out!

Hi,

I was so sorry to see this unpleasant experience that you had, however, I was unable to locate your order. If you have a minute to email me your order number, I will be reviewing this as a top priority.

Please email me at nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward,

Adorama CS Ambassador

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: April 1, 2020

Adorama promised lowest and bang for buck items online, However when received the shipment it looked like garbage and damaged in all sides. However inside the box it was decent. Soon found out that product had fault and asked for replacement which is not at all fast (compare to Amazon or other stores). So asked for Refund.

After series of emails and calls I got written email that refund will be issued. After weeks of no refund checked with Adorama, now they say you will get store credit and no information of this was passed on to me. Then I asked for reverting this store credit to my credit card used, now new information that I will be getting cheque instead of fund transfer to my credit card. Somewhere I read in this forum that issued cheque was not accepted by bank. This seems going nowhere to me. Any help please!

Adorama Camera response

I apologize that this has not been a smooth and efficient process. I escalated this to our Customer Service manager to review how this was handled and why no one had given you an update.

Checking on your order, it looks like we had every intention of refunding it back to your credit card. However, due to technical issues we couldn't process it and so we sent you a check instead. If you encounter any issues with the check, please let me know. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Original review: March 22, 2020

Made more than $1,500.00 in purchases in March 2020 to get an entire new line of camera equipment. I got most of my products and thought all was well. A week or so later and a macro lens kit (three lenses) arrived. The smallest of the lenses, the +1, was smeared and had a thumb print on it. That lens was not in a sealed packet like the other two lenses. I cleaned the lens, then noticed the threads on the lens were worn.

Being suspicious of other products from Adorama, I took the last photo from the camera and uploaded to a utility on the Pentax website (since this was a Pentax camera). That utility is meant to tell the shutter count on a camera. My new camera should have had zero or a very low number (maybe in testing it at the company), but instead I found the number to be way higher than what should be expected on a new camera. I believe, like that macro lens, I was sold a used product and charged for a new item.

I tried contacting Adorama and nobody responded to my inquiries. I posted a question on their Facebook page on 20200322, simply asking if others had noticed this with the gear they bought from Adorama (paid for new, got used). I then shared my experience of the sales this month. Nowhere did I slam the company or say anything bad - I simply asked a question of others and shared my experience. Within minutes, that post was removed by Adorama. I assume they didn't want anyone hearing of another's concerns over this type of matter. Interesting that their Facebook page does not allow for Reviews either. Maybe they are hiding bad business practices!

I again tried contacting Adorama to inquire about a return. Since I had already opened up the packages for extra batteries and charged them and since I had used the camera (about ten pictures) - would I get a 100% refund. Nothing! No response! I tried using their Facebook page, a form on their website and an email - NOTHING! I tried their chat, but it's down - probably for the weekend. I run a photography group in my town - probably 200 people or so. Like my post on Adorama's site - I did not blast this company or tell anyone not to shop with them. I simply told people of my experience of spending a lot of money for new products and then received used products. Many people have already expressed surprise and concern that a company with such a well-known name would conduct such business practices.

I have a lot of other equipment in this sale - two lenses for example. How do I know if these are new or used? They don't look scuffed or anything, but neither did the camera. Those lenses, like the camera were in bubble wrap, but not sealed in any way. To anyone reading this - just be careful and aware that you may get a used product for the cost of a new product from Adorama. Should you buy a camera - do an Internet search to learn how you can check the shutter count on your camera. Every major camera manufacturer has a utility for their line of cameras to do this. Don't settle for a used camera if you bought it at new prices.

As of this writing - this matter is not resolved. I spent some time checking on reviews online about Adorama - which I should have done prior to this sale. I didn't because I've purchased other items at Adorama over the years. I wonder now how many of those items were actually used instead of new. I also didn't check prior to my purchase because so many major review sites rave about Adorama. However, the reviews I looked at today are from consumers. Not good! Many, and I mean many, give Adorama a rating of one. Many also have complained about getting used items at new prices. What a shame! That a company of this size, and one raved about by so many camera company websites, conducts business in this way. Other people, by the way, have expressed major concerns about the customer service at Adorama being very poor. I'm seeing that very thing right now. Yes, what a shame!

Hi Gilbert,

I apologize if you did not receive an immediate response. We were closed on Saturday and so when you sent your message we were only able to get to it on Sunday.

Per our conversation yesterday, I had advised that you can initiate the return of your items by logging into your Adorama account. If you have additional questions, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I am going to get camera lens about $3,000 but there is some issue about their verification s/w for my order. I want to solve verification. So I sent both sides of my credit card and statement. But their answer was just, "Your order is canceled." I just want to know about verification. I WILL NOT BUY HERE ANYMORE.

Hi Jongseok,

I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with our Verification. Can you please provide me with your order number so I can review what happened? My email is nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward,

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2020

The problem was resolved this morning, though my impression still remains the same. I do not enjoy giving harsh feedback being in business for myself as well. But the payment resolution needs to be fine tuned to make sure anyone anywhere is able to receive the funds that are offered. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make Paypal an option in these situations.

As for selling my equipment? I have updated my review by 2 stars because, although the problems occurred, I was paid top offer for my equipment and it is partially my own fault not owning a bank account with an FDIC franchised establishment. Not everyone has access to Citibank, and if you intend to sell to Adaroma you should locate a Citibank near you in advance to confirm it is a viable option. Otherwise be prepared to have a checking account and wait the 10-14 days for the check to clear. Again (Adorama) It wouldn't hurt to incorporate Paypal as a method to pay your customers selling you equipment. It's fast, easy. Records are kept on your account for years for tax purposes. It is a viable business option.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Sent my Sony FS5 Mark 2 worth $5,248.00 new. Offered $2,205.00 after waiting 2 weeks for inspection. They send my check and my mobile bank app did not accept the check. Paypal did not accept the check. Went to the Currency Exchange and they would not accept the check. Went to Walmart and then Kroger and they could not read the check. Drove the hour to my bank and my bank did not accept the check. Called them back and I have been waiting 2 more weeks and have not been paid.

Hi Casey,

I was so sorry to see that this has been unresolved. I have escalated this to the Trade manager for review and immediate action. I'll email you directly once I have their response.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Please DO NOT do business with this company...I cancelled an order on 2/1/20 and am still getting the run around to get this item removed from my account. I have spoken to numerous CS reps and not one of them knows what they are talking about, as I get different answers from each person. I have talked to 3 supervisors that assured me they would resolve the issue, yet still remains as an open order on my account. I was contacted via email from Nancy **, who apologized and assured me that she would look into getting this matter resolved...yeah right....

It has been 18 days now and it is STILL not resolved.. I once again called Adorama and asked to speak to a supervisor, I was placed on hold for 12 minutes and then the CS rep came back and said that the supervisor (Nancy **) refused to take my call stating she would look into it and get back to me..I then asked to speak to a Manager and was told they were all busy and was assured one would call me back before the end of of the day...Not surprising that I never heard back from the manager. I don't feel that Nancy should be in the position of Ambassador CS if she can't and won't address and resolve issues that arise. I have cancelled my credit account with Adorama and will NEVER do business with them again...Funny thing is...I went on B&H website, found the same item, 50.00 cheaper, ordered it and had it in 4 days...They have definitely earned by business from now on.

Hi Renee,

Per our conversation on a social media site, you didn't want to receive any response regarding the resolution of the issue and so out of respect, I didn't send you one. When you called on Monday, I really couldn't have taken your call as I worked remotely and was not at the office. I deeply regret that you weren't able to receive a call from one of our managers and understand your decision to stop considering Adorama for your future purchases after this unwelcome experience. -- Nancy

Adorama Camera Company Information