4.0/5 (1022 ratings)

About Adorama Camera

More Than a Camera Store Adorama Camera has been providing services and products in Imaging - and Beyond, since 1975.

We have on hand an incredible staff team of experts who are anxious to share with, and learn from, our customers. We’ve earned our reputation for exceptional service and integrity - one interaction, one sale, one gem of advice and one respected customer at a time.

Adorama Camera Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adorama Camera?

Original review: June 2, 2021

They gave me one price over the phone and told me if my products were mint they would give me more. I agreed to send them in.... Now they keep me waiting for over a month and then I have to call over and over before I get a response offering me about 20% less than the minimum amount quoted over the phone. Waste of my time and patience,... but now I’ll have to wait who knows how long to get my gear back and then try to sell it on my own. It’s clear that was their plan the whole time. Lie about price then back the seller into a corner.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Adorama sold me a gray market/recertified Dell display without any indication that the product was gray market. It shipped in a generic cardboard box with out any sort of manufacturer packaging. The display has a small line of dead pixels, and when I went to go register it with Dell for warranty service, Dell said the serial numbers were invalid and it has no warranty via Dell. I addressed this with Adorama, and they told me that the item in fact has a 1 year warranty, provided by a third party, despite Adorama’s website showing that the display is sold with a 3 year warranty from Dell. Adorama is allowing me to return the display for a refund, but imagine if I had kept it, and needed warranty service more than a year in, I’d be screwed. Both Dell and Adorama would’ve told me to take a hike. Shady business practice, maybe even fraudulent. I’ve spent close to $8000 here in the past 3 years building up my business. Not a penny more after this.

Original review: April 30, 2021

So, I have been a member of the Adorama VIP, on this site, for about two 8 months or so, I believe. We also have their credit card! So, they offer us the free two day shipping. My first order several months ago, was a lens. I was very excited! I ordered this on a Wed... I was told several times it would be delivered on Friday. Ya know two day delivery. I ordered after 6pm on Wed, but was still informed it would be here Friday. It was not delivered until Tuesday! Now, this order I decided to brush off, and put it as accidents happen, so I didn't complain much.

I recently placed another order! Again, Wednesday (yesterday)! No idea what it is with me and Wed! For overnight shipping it was 110 dollars, so I debated back and forth with myself. And my husband talked me into picking the two day shipping, that it would be here Friday bc I need this stuff Sunday! I was AGAIN, informed it would be here by Friday! The next day, Thursday, my husband got a email stating it had shipped, so I was excited, and happy it was actually going to arrive on time! He sent a screenshot of the email...BUT, I caught their wording VERY quickly, they worded it very sketchy. Your order has been packed and is being shipped! It had not been shipped! This was around 3pm (my time, Missouri). My order was sitting in their store ALL DAY, before being shipped.

Let me stress, this is the part I DON'T UNDERSTAND...Everything is already in boxes and packed up. They just need to box them up to ship them out. Adding the padding/bubble wrap and whatnot. THAT DOESN'T TAKE ALL DAY TO DO! If it does, then you guys need serious help. From talking to customer service prior, I was informed that if a order is placed by 11 am the next day it will be shipped that morning. So, with my order being placed the evening before, I was good to go. They would ship it out the next morning, and it would be here by Friday. My order was not actually shipped until Thursday evening.

Today, is Friday, it is currently, 5am. I have talked online and on the phone to customer service, several times yesterday. The first woman on the phone BARELY spoke English, I had to ask her to repeat herself several times! She ended up hanging up on me, bc I started reading the shipping information they had on THEIR SITE, stating two days. ETC... So, after that, I wait a few minutes and call back hoping to get someone else, I can understand better, and maybe actually knows what they are doing! I call back and I get another woman, again WORSE English than the lady before! I have NO IDEA why this company would hire their customer service, in ANOTHER country! Who can't really speak our language, let alone they have no idea what they are doing. And they just simply don't care.

With the second woman, I couldn't even get out my issue, before she just stopped me and told me, "Sorry, there's nothing I can do!" So, I asked to speak with someone higher up, then she claimed she didn’t understand what I was asking. Then the line went dead, yet again. I was shocked at this point. And decided to do some investigating. My husband, found the site, and he's normally REALLY good at finding fair and respectful businesses, so I didn't think to much of it. Until THIS CURRENT ORDER! I Started finding more reviews, which concerns me EVEN MORE! I am convinced I will not receive my order today. And I am not sure what I am going to do.

I simply don't understand why my order sat in that store all day, before it was shipped. I own my own photography business and I plan to make a lot more purchases, but probably not with this site. And it's sad, bc I do love the store. I just don't like the fact they screw over SOOOO many people, and not one post I have read, has stated their issue was resolved. I know some people do not update their reviews, but most do. After, I get this order, IF I get everything I ordered, or if I get it at all, I may just cancel the credit card, and find another business. Bc, this is NOT how a business should be ran. If I was the CEO/Owner/or upper manager of this one, I would be EXTREMELY embarrassed of the company and all the reviews. And there are A LOT of reviews, with very similar issues. It's either with shipping, or customer service. This could be an easy fix, IF they truly wanted to fix it and actually care about their customers.

One other thing I just remembered, I mentioned to them that they should have more shipping options, for customers who need their stuff faster. Bc they only have UPS online. I was informed while chatting online, if you call in to place a order, they offer Saturday shipping, Fedex shipping and other options! But WHY not online...Specially for the VIP members and regular customers! He also told me they don't have a contract with Fedex.. And that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays. But, UPS informed me they do, if asked... And that any company who uses them can have that option, and at times at no extra cost!

I don't know I am just REALLY upset, and frustrated. I am going to see if I can get ahold of UPS and maybe see if I can come pick it up somewhere earlier. So, I can have it. SO, yes just like ALL the other REVIEWS, the customer is the one who has to try to fix the problem. I know a lot of photographers, and I have told them about this site, but I plan to let them know to be cautious, bc you might get screwed over. I hope this review helps someone, and I have to ask, I know we can't reply to other reviews, which sucks, but has ANYONE had their issues resolved? FAIRLY and PROFESSIONALLY, with this company? My email is **.

Hi Grace,

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with Adorama. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order number so I can review what happened here. Please email me at nancym@adorama.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 29, 2021

SCAM ALERT! DO NOT MAKE LARGE PURCHASES WITH THIS COMPANY! FILING A LAWSUIT! I originally made a purchase of over $2000 on 04/02 and the package was supposed to be delivered on 04/07, but I never received it. I called to notify Adorama that I didn't receive my purchase and I have been sent on a wild goose chase. They originally told me that I needed to wait 48 hours before they could open a claim with UPS, which is false. Then, after waiting 48 hours they still didn't open a claim until I called two more times over a two-day period.

Once I finally reached the "claims department" I was told that I would need to wait 10 more business days for UPS to finish their investigation. I waited 12 business days, with no response. Then I decided to call and get in contact with a supervisor, which is nearly impossible. I was told that I would be called back by a supervisor on two different occasions, and I never received a call. At this point it has been 22 days (16 business days), since starting this journey and it has been the worst experience of my life.

Now that the "UPS Claim" is finished, they now say that they need their own security department to complete an investigation. However, they won't provide a time window or specific date that the investigation will be finished. While some of their customer service representatives are nice and helpful, the majority of them are not. One specific "claim representative" named Red R. is extremely rude and belligerent. On all three occasions that I attempted to contact a supervisor, I was only ever transferred to Red R, who is definitely not a supervisor. He then proceeded to raise his voice and argue with me because I nicely asked to speak with his supervisor.

Today, 04/29, I successfully waited nearly 1.5 hours on hold to finally speak with a supervisor named Lance. Lance reviewed my case and said that he "doesn't know how long this will take." Obviously, with no end in sight, I have had to take matters into my own hands. I am lucky enough to have a colleague that practices e-commerce law and he advised me to file a small claims lawsuit for the purchase and lost wages, which has totaled to around $4300 at this point. If you are unsure about this company, just go check out their BBB reviews, then make a decision about making a purchase with them. WARNING: You do not want to have to deal with their customer service department. They will give you the run-around to save their money.

Hi Chris,

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you recently had with your order. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order details so I can review what happened here and see how I can help? My email is nancym@adorama.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: April 9, 2021

I placed an order for a $2,500 laptop, but got back a letter about 'verification issues'. My bank said everything was fine with payment and problem is on the Adorama's side. Support is helpless: "Your order was escalated and was rejected by our Verification analyst. At this time, we cannot re-process your order". No any details, no requests for any documents or credit cases/ID/Passport photos, nothing. Besides they don't confirm an order, they also don't reject it. And now I have to wait about 2 weeks to get my money back from hold.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Beware! I am in the middle of the worst customer support experience of my life. I will never, ever, ever purchase another product from Adorama and will actively steer other customers away from them. I’ve never said that about any other company in my life. Companies like B&H Photo and Sweetwater can get you the same thing, at the same price, usually in the same time, and their team actually cares about you as a customer. Adorama does not. They just want your money and then they want you to go away.

Adorama may be a generally respected vendor, and everything may be fine when they get the order right, but their customer care is an absolute nightmare. Over the course of the last week, I have dealt with at least 8 different customer care associates through exactly 44 emails (so far), multiple chats, and my initial phone call. They simply do not care about me as a customer enough to fix THEIR ERROR in a timely manner.

It’s not a complicated issue. I purchased a Clearsonic drum lid kit that was supposed to come with 6 pieces. Two of those pieces did not arrive. All they have to do is either locate the missing box and send it or refund me for the value of the missing items ($190). That’s it. But for an entire week, I have been getting emails telling me that they are trying to get hold of their warehouse, but are getting no response. It’s constantly, “Please give us 1-2 business days”. Well, it’s been a week at this point. I keep getting passed off from one person to another. They can’t simply contact their warehouse and locate the box. Or, it’s not that they can’t, it’s that they don’t care to.

It has become clear to me that this is a greedy company that does not care at all about their customers after the sale. Their customer support department has been outsourced to another country, so the associates have no investment in the company or motivation to truly help. They have no interest in resolving my problem, but it seems they plan to just sit around and try to wait me out until I give up. That’s not going to happen.

Unfortunately, they have me at a disadvantage because I can neither make them contact the warehouse nor make them refund the value of the missing items. I just have to sit here and wait on them… Do not, do not, do not purchase from Adorama unless you really enjoy ending up in “Customer Care” sinkholes like the one I am in at the moment.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I had been a loyal Adorama customer for years and decided I would trade in my old gear and buy new from them. But this time, it all went downhill fast. First, they messed up my order online and overcharged me. After correcting the mistake, I went through the process three times and had to wait almost 2 weeks for delivery. This is after I became a VIP member with a promised 2 day delivery window. Since I had already shipped my old gear, I had nothing to film with and had to delay a client for 2 weeks to begin filming so I lost money on that. A few days later, I finally get a call on my old gear and they try to undersell me by over $1,000.00 off the quoted price. My camera was in great condition and I could have sold it for much more, but after an hour of wasting time on the phone we finally settled in the middle and I took a $500 loss.

Now once my new gear arrived I was happy, but I had a slight problem on set with the new Ronin gimbal as one of the motors seemed to have a hiccup at about 70% movement. Adorama told me to send it in and they would offer an expedited service to replace it. I figure I am going to be down a gimbal a day or two and I'd make it up. 2 days pass and I hear nothing, even though I was promised a replacement. I call back and they tell me they are sending it today. Another day passes and nothing. I call and get online again, and they tell me it is being sent. Again, nothing comes. Now it's a week later and I'm trying to explain to my client why there's no gimbal.

I call Adorama for a 5th time and the customer service rep tells me there is none in stock and they have no date to ship. They will offer me a $350 credit when a new gimbal costs $499. After all the lies and ** they spit at me, it's 8 days later and I have no replacement, no plan and no way to make this right. This is the last time I ever buy from Adorama. I urge everyone to save themselves the headache and avoid this company.

Original review: March 2, 2021

First off I must say that I had been a completely satisfied and loyal customer to Adorama for many years until dealing with the Used Department, specifically Jack **. As a professional photographer I relied on Adorama regularly and when it came time to upgrade some gear I felt that it would be best to trade it in where I bought it. Unfortunately my experience has been absolutely horrific, I was promised that if I decided to not accept their quote all my gear would be returned. I in fact did not accept their quote as I was low balled well beyond any acceptable offer.

When I asked for my gear to be returned it did not arrive complete and they even kept a Sony A6500 body I had sent. The excuses then began and the camera body I sent in (in original packaging and perfect condition) was sold to someone and they sent a replacement that was physically damaged and not in original packaging. After months of phone calls I had to simply accept a $500 offer to be done with the nightmare. I received an email with the $500 credit however Jack ** only credited my account with $250, so I have been unable to get the remaining $250 because anytime I place an order the account does not show the credit and I'm transferred to Jack ** who takes the order and then the orders are cancelled and I never receive the credit.

My guess is that this tactic is used repeatedly by Jack ** to get steal from great Adorama customers, and they get tired of dealing with the headache and go away. Quite simply Jack ** of the Adorama used department has stolen gear from me and there seems to be no supervisor or anyone at Adorama I can report this to as I always get transfer to Jack ** when I call to resolve the matter. Adorama as whole has treated me well over the years and this review isn't about the store but rather Jack **, everyone else at the used the department has been empathetic and polite. Beware when dealing with this individual as he comes across as a skilled career criminal. Much like the despised archetypical, sleazy used car salesman.

Resolution response: Feb. 19, 2021

After complaining again with the company, they review the case and proceed with a full refund since they realized that what is the right thing to do. I had purchased a lot of gear from Adorama in the last year and to be fair and honest this is the first time I have a problem with them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I ordered a CANON EF-M 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 IS STM LENS for Canon Mirrorless Cameras but I received a regular EF S 18-55MM Kit lens. I put a claim for Adorama, but they ask for I send back the lens they sent wrong to me at my own cost before any refund. The cost of shipping this thing back is greater than what I paid. Also, the EF S 18-55MM Kit lens sells for $29 see attached picture and the price I paid was $69.00 plus shipping. In the attached invoice ** the item was wrongly packaged and identified by item number **. I am an international customer that trust Adorama and now I am stuck with a product I did not ordered and even more expensive than its regular price. At least I would like to receive the refund of the difference for what I paid $72.75 minus $29.00 that is the price for what I received. Adorama offers me a refund after I send the lens back, something almost impossible due to the logistics involved.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I have ordered several items from Adorama that I could not obtain locally. The Glow line of soft boxes and beauty dishes are outstanding. The customer service is professional, polite and knows the photography business. They allow me to track the progress of my order online and the website states whether or not an item is in stock. I rarely trade in anything so not sure why that service seems to be an issue with them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I ordered two $100 VR headsets from them and requested to return them before they arrived. I sent both of them back in the same box they came in, using the UPS return label they gave me, and they only refunded HALF of my money--claiming that I only returned one headset. I go back and forth via email with a customer service rep/manager and they insist that they never received it. After multiple ridiculous go-arounds and non-sensical questions on their part, I take a photo of my UPS drop-off receipt clearly showing the tracking number of the label they sent me with a drop-off weight of 4 lbs, 15.1 oz. (or 79.1 oz), and then I sent them a screenshot of the original package sent me a few weeks prior, with a mailing label postage of 5 lbs (or 80 oz).

They denied my refund claim on at least three occasions, saying I only returned one headset. So I call and said, "If the original package I received from you guys weighed 5 lbs. according to your original shipping label, and had two of the exact headsets inside... and my return package drop-off receipt shows the return package weighed 4 lbs, 15.1 oz... how can you say I only returned one headset? It makes no sense--even mathematically." I eventually got on the phone with this same person (a manager), and after they gave me the same idiotic response, I'm ashamed to say that I yelled at them not just for their stupidity, but for their blatant stubbornness to do what was right and refund my money. Totally not worth the money.

I would have rather just been stolen from, and not let my temper get to me. Who knows--the person I have been dealing with over the matter still probably doesn't understand their ignorance, except the fact that I angrily yelled at them. I will apologize to them personally/over the phone, but I still want my refund. This has been a ridiculously difficult experience and I would advise that NO ONE order any of their products or services... EVER.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I was looking to sell 5x set of camera equipment. I got an initial quote of $800 (equipment and condition info was provided) and being that they say that they give 70% of the resale value of the merchandise, I opted to go with them. After submitting everything to them, they came back and said the resale value was $500 for everything. I asked why there was such a big discrepancy in the initial value, and they got back to me saying that one of the item info that I submitted for quotation was a more recent version. This could not have explained the large discrepancy.

I had another quote from another reputable site (KEH) that valued the total items to being effectively $800 and the price of the item that Adorama says explains the large discrepancy is only worth $182. The rep who assisted me kept cutting me off and would not let me speak. The rep then increased the price by $50 and made it seem like he was doing me a "favor", which I do not appreciate this type of approach (i.e. overpromise, underdeliver, and say that they they are doing me a favor). I would highly discourage anyone from using Adorama as I do not find their practice to be honest.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Please consider not buying from Adorama. They stole over $300 from me. I purchased an item online that never came and Adorama refused to issue me a refund. After dealing with customer service for over 3 months the company has simply refused to make this situation right and re-ship me my order or issue me a refund. Having stolen $300 from me I can't recommend anyone to buy from this company. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

My husband ordered a drone for me for Christmas. We chose a specific bundle because it came with a suite of software. Adorama FAILS to mention that this software is not for Mac. NOWHERE does it say “this software is for Windows only.” We contacted the company asking to switch the bundle items because we were not given an informed decision. They verified the software is not for Mac but REFUSED to fix this unless I packed up the drone and sent it back! I shouldn’t have to send my drone back for them to send me a 128gb micro SD card and camera/drone backpack. Oh, and I should mention, the software serial numbers they sent don’t work on Windows either. THEY ARE EXPIRED.

Hi Abby,

I would like to apologize for the insufficient details on our listing and the subpar service you were provided.

I reached out to our product team and they said we have a different software bundle that may work with your Mac. I sent you an email with the link to the product. Please let me know if this will work for you and I can request to have this sent. Looking forward to hearing from you.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Purchased some items from them as well as their Adorama 360 membership. Tried to send something back and decided to refund me $0.02 on $255.00. So I guess they charge $250 for the shipping label. All the items they sent me while specifying new, did not appear to be new items. Guess this is how they handle customers now. Should have read the reviews before I shopped there.

Hi Shawn,

I was concerned after reading your feedback regarding your returned order. I would welcome an opportunity to look into what happened and see how I can help resolve this. If you have a minute, can you please email me your order number at nancym@adorama.com

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Stay away from Adorama if you would like to purchase an item and have them send it to the address you need to ship it to as a birthday present! I ordered a stereo system to be shipped to a relative for a birthday present early on Friday 1/15/2021 to be delivered to the relative's house. I get an email late the next day that stated they were putting the sale on hold to shortly cancel it because of some verification issue. I wrote back an email to let me know ASAP how to clear up the verification so this item could be shipped ASAP and arrive before the birthdate.

I got a follow-up email that stated they could only ship it personally. I just a knee replaced am not able to walk yet, let alone carry the box with home electronics to a UPS Store. So if you buy at Adorama, they will not ship where you need it delivered, but expect you to incur the charge personally to ship it to where you need it delivered. Nowhere on their website in the shipping session does it mention they refuse to ship it other than to your billing address. I guess that also covers if you are on a business trip, you can't order something and have it delivered to you. Adorama is the Donald Trump of camera stores.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I have twice received products that were sold as new but were obviously used. Mid-year 2020 I ordered a Manfrotto tripod that arrived in a damaged box. Not a huge issue as I understand shipping companies and how packages are sometimes treated. Upon opening the tripod box, I saw that the head was already assembled, when it shouldn't have been. I also noticed that one of the adjustment knob handles was a bit crooked, where it screws into the head. I unscrewed the handle and saw that it was pretty significantly bent. This could not have possibly happened during shipping in a way that would explain why the Manfrotto box was essentially undamaged.

I contacted customer service and provided a picture of the bent handle. All I wanted was a replacement handle, as it was a pretty good deal, even if for a used product. I had already thrown away the outer carton by the time I contacted customer service about this and they requested pictures of that. Since I knew I would be unable to provide that picture, and that it would likely be a bigger issue than it was worth to me to haggle about this, I dropped the issue and ordered a replacement handle, on my own, from another retailer.

This used/open box sold as new issue popped up again, however, with an order I received last week. I had ordered a set of Jamo S 809 speakers (along with some other things) that arrived in seemingly good condition, as looking at the outer shipping box. When I opened this box, there were three styrofoam packing pieces. The styrofoam that the speakers sit in, one that was around them at about mid-point, and the styrofoam that was on top. The top and bottom pieces were fine but the piece around the middle was a different story. I could see, as I tried to pull it up off of the speakers, that it had been broken in several places, all the way around, and then taped back together with packing tape. I thought that it was odd but was willing to deal with it.

I got both speakers out and screwed the metal feet on each of them. When I went to put the grills on (frame made of a type of pressed wood), one was fine but the other was broken all across the midsection. I took pictures of everything because I wanted to be able to provide the proof in order to have the problem taken care of. Of course, I contacted live customer service, via chat, and one of the first things I was told, after I explained my issue was, "I have confirmed that this was a new product". I am sure that it was not as the grill was cracked and the styrofoam packing had been broken and taped back together. Then I was told that it could have been damaged during shipping. Again, I explained that I did not believe that to be the case because of the condition of the styrofoam packing. I was then offered a partial refund of $50.

I needed to contact the manufacturer to ensure I could order a new part (and that $50 would cover the cost, including shipping), as the rep said that he could not get me one from their warehouse because they could not break stock, before accepting the partial refund. Before I could get back to the Adorama rep, he had disconnected the chat. I reached out again, got someone different, who would not do anything, as far as a partial refund, but did offer to arrange the order of a replacement part. I said that I would be willing to accept this as long as it could be handled in a timely manner. He said that a "follow-up coordinator" would contact me within two business days.

The timeliness of a two day or less contact didn't happen, so I had to reach back out to get an update. I was told then, that a replacement part was being shipped to me from their warehouse (when I was told before that it wasn't possible) that day and that I would receive a tracking number when it shipped. A couple of days went by so, again, I contacted them and was provided with the tracking number. Now I will wait and see if I get another used product from a company that I have only ever purchased new products from. Not only do I have issues with receiving used products when I have ordered new, but I also have issues with customer service that seems to try to pacify but not rectify, unless pushed to do so.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I bought a Flashpoint Light XPro 300. Battery dies after 30 days. Adorama refused to replace it until I buy a new battery ($169). It's unacceptable. I have changed my opinion about Adorama. I will never buy on this company.

Hi Jose,

I was concerned after reading your review regarding your most recent experience with Adorama. If you have a minute, can you please email me your order details so I can look into what happened here? My email is nancym@adorama.com

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Absolutely dreadful experience. Ordered a lens on the Friday, on Sunday tracking said it was boxed and ready to ship on the next business day (Monday). Monday is when it all went wrong... It didn't ship on the Monday, so I contacted on Tuesday asking why... Was given all sorts of excuses from then on from: 'we're trying to locate the parcel', 'we're still trying to locate the parcel' to 'it didn't ship on Monday but it shipped on Wednesday, we promise'. Meanwhile all the time the Fedex tracking told the true story - it hadn't shipped!! I checked in with their so-called customer service daily asking where is my parcel only to be repeatedly told 'it's shipped on the Wednesday'. Fedex tracking told a different tale all the time, it hadn't shipped.! I rang Fedex also, who confirmed it hadn't shipped.

It STILL hasn't shipped to this day (the following Tuesday). It's well over a week since ordering and since getting definite notification that it was actually boxed and ready to ship... and it still hasn't shipped !! And they have no clue where the parcel is... I know something has shipped when a 3rd party courier actually confirms this, I'm going to take a statement "It shipped the other day" with a pinch of salt until I get confirmation by the courier.

BY the way this isn't some low cost item, we're talking $700 of product. I've had to get Paypal involved to get my money back from this bunch of complete amateurs, their so-called customer service is a joke, they don't know where the stock is at any one point in time... Any decent retailer can tell precisely where a bought item is: at the picking stage, at the packing stage, ready to ship, shipped, on its actual way, delivered. They don't contact you back, you have to do all the chasing... and it gets you absolutely nowhere anyway!

MY ADVICE IS TO AVOID THIS RETAILER LIKE THE PLAGUE, they don't deliver, they can't deliver and their customer service sucks in the worst way possible, they don't know what to do when something goes wrong... They do NOTHING to make it right, and the customer has to do ALL the chasing, every single step of the way. To cap it off the refund now has to be authorised and checked ???, when they know full well the parcel never shipped??!! (100% Provable by a 3rd party (FEDEX.) I won't buy from this place ever again, that's for sure. Just so you know this is a genuine purchase My order number is **.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2020

I was too harsh with Adorama. I received all my products in good condition, and that's what really matters.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

FedEx made me pay $64.50 for the shipping then some exorbitant customs fees 170 euros that was like a bad surprise! I was never told I would pay 170 euros after the $64.50 for the shipping. This is insane! (I'm from France). I'll never buy on Adorama again. Amazon is way better than you. 224 euros to ship a $912 product, seriously Adorama?!

Very unhappy with you,

Steven

Hi Steven,

I was sorry to read about your review regarding your most recent order.

We do state on our site that international shipments are subject to import fees, duties, and taxes (which are levied once a shipment reaches the destination country) in addition to the brokerage fees/custom clearance charges that may be imposed by the carrier. These charges must be borne by the recipient. Adorama has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they might be.

Nancy Miller

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Adorama sells defective equipment and will not replace or refund you for the defective equipment. I purchased a monitor from Adorama that would shut off by itself within 11 days of opening the box. I reached out to Adorama regarding the defective monitor and they told me I would need to go to LG directly. Adorama can scam you as they did me, Buyer Beware on "new" item claims. I hope others avoid or at the very least, caution against purchasing from Adorama, based on my experience of them scamming me out of $496. I plan to write an article dealing the whole experience and how the warranty department handled the situation.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I decided to order through Adorama because they had the MacBook Pro 16 with the specs I specifically wanted in stock. So instead of ordering through Apple and waiting 2-3 weeks I decided to try Adorama as I've heard mixed reviews on them. I ordered my MacBook Pro 16 and went through the checkout process without a hitch, everything went through, my order was received and my CC was charged. The next day I get an email stating my order is on hold due to verification, verification for what? My credit card had already been charged, what else are you looking to verify?

I contacted their Verification team and they were absolutely no help at all, they couldn't even give me details as to why it was on hold and why my payment was declined? I had more than enough funds in my credit card and I even called Capital One who were baffled as to why they would have declined me! I was even provided an approval code to provide to Adorama and they simply said it's no good and that my payment will not be accepted!

I had zero issues using that same exact credit card a week before to purchase another laptop at my local Micro Center. I have never gone through such a horrible online shopping experience before, the only answer they gave me was "your payment wasn't accepted" even though Capital One said there's absolutely no issues with my card, my information and my account on their end!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

After trying repeatedly to verify my billing and shipping address, Adorama canceled my order and when I reached out to figure out the situation customer service said there was nothing they could do. I've never had this happen before with any online shopping website. Very disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I simply can't stand how Adorama deals with customer complaints about the horrendous job the shipping department does at properly packaging boxes. My first ever order from them was $12,000 worth of Sony bodies and lenses. The big box that was stuffed with all the product boxes had no protection in any way, shape, or form. It was so smashed and mangled that UPS had to completely tape a side and a whole corner to keep the box from falling apart at the seams. I didn't even ask for a return or refund on any of it.

Then the ~11,000points I accumulated from that transaction did not credit to my account for MONTHS. I lost track of how many emails I sent trying to figure out where my points were. Then the next year when I tried to use those points it kept giving me an error at checkout. After some emailing, I learned that despite showing 11,000pts in my account, they had expired because it was a month past the date I placed my first large order. I had to make a huge fuss about how ridiculous that was given the amount I spent and the fact they were not even in my account for months. They told me "too bad, so sad...that's the policy" for the first 10 emails but eventually I was stern and sarcastic enough to get them to reluctantly allot me the points I earned by spending over $12,000, woohoo.

Only for the next item I order to arrive in the same condition, the shipping box was smashed in on 2 corners, and the lens box itself had of course, NO PROTECTION at all, once again. They really look at something worth $1,200 and decide it needs nothing in the way of padding, it is the only explanation for how appallingly lacking their packages are in protection. The inside of the lens box was completely cracked meaning the box had fallen well over 8-10ft and hit the ground hard. I refuse to pay for a brand new item and get something I know has been completely dropped with no protection, it's a joke as the paying customer, and it could have COMPLETELY been avoided if they ever properly packaged anything.

Now, despite the fact that this was well documented with pictures in a timely manner they made me email back and forth between 3 different people for 2 weeks just to be told "Ok we will let you return this but we don't have it in stock so you won't get an exchange" but their website literally lists it as in-stock this very moment as I am writing this even. It said in stock last week when I shipped the package back, I made sure of it because this lens is always going out of stock. I already know they will not honor the reduced Sale price I paid for the lens originally and will tell me I have to pay the extra $350 if I want to buy it again. Because that is how they operate. IF this happens (pretty much a guarantee; I can sense it) then I'll happily do everything in my power to divert as much business away from them to B&H because honestly it's just a joke at this point.

They always speak with me like I'm trying to rip them off, it's incredibly disrespectful and even more annoying because all of this stems from poor package protection, followed by poor customer service when you want to return the item that was destroyed as a result of being poorly packaged. The cycle will not stop given these 2 factors within the Adorama business model. 2 years of the same problems, it is unacceptable. I've ordered an equal amount from B&H and even used stuff from KEH photo, not once have I ever had a single complaint or unpleasant return, so Adorama has no basis to justify this behavior on.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I ordered a item off of their Amazon store. The item was oversized so it was shipped through ground. The company that they shipped through lost the package, I called the shipping company and they had me call a different company. When I told Adorama this I was told that they no longer had anything to do with the shipment and that I needed to track it down. After I finally found the package only the partial Item was delivered two days late. Now when I call to get the package reshipped I’m told that it is Amazon's fault and they need the parts that did show up back. I have done 90% of the work on trying to figure out where my package is and why adorama only sent half of it. I will never do business with them again, Amazon is now escalating the issue up their chain while adorama either hangs up the phone and refuses to fix the issue. Do business with a different company.

Hi Joshua,

I apologize that you had this unpleasant experience with your order. If you have a moment, can you please send me your order details so I can look into what happened? You can email me directly at nancym@adorama.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I'm highly upset because I have spent a few weeks trying to reach Lewis ** at Adorama and when I do reach him, he's not what everyone claims he is and that's an expert in the equipment they sell. I've spoken with several people in the Sales department and they refused to assist me, all of them told me that I need to talk to Lewis ** and I don't understand why they're refusing to do their Job. As a business owner with several businesses I'm not happy with my experience with this company especially, after I had one last conversation with Lewis ** and he got upset with me and hung up on me. I explained to Lewis ** that I've been trying to get ahold of him for 2 weeks and everyone I talked to, in the Sales department refused to give me a quote on the equipment I needed for my project and they all said I need to talk him about this. They put this guy on a pedestal as if he's the only person that can assist customers.

That's being lazy in your position, everyone in the Sales department should be fired starting with Louis ** and they need to hire new people that have the same knowledge. If you don't have any knowledge about the equipment that you are selling unfortunately you shouldn't be working at this company. It's not fair to always refer customers to have a conversation with one person Lewis ** doesn't check his voicemails. Right now his voicemail is full. You cannot leave him a message. Every time they transfer me to him I wasn't able to leave him a voicemail. They told me I should email him, guess what I sent him an email including Julio an email. Neither one of them responded to my email. When I had a conversation with Inigo a customer service supervisor he reached out to the supervisor in the Sales department but, unfortunately the supervisor in the Sales department had Julio call me and I had a few conversations with Julio already.

Julio already knew what I wanted. He was one of the Sales Representatives that told me that I needed to talk to Lewis **. The supervisor for the Sales department doesn't even have his name on his voicemail. You don't know who you're talking to. How can I trust someone to handle a situation regarding one of their employees when they are unprofessional themselves? My experience with this company has been horrible. I wasted time and normally I would move on instead of trying to work with a company, I tried to give this company the benefit of the doubt. The people that works in the sales department are making this company look really really bad. I encourage corporate to read this review and take action against everyone in the Sales department starting with Lewis ** and the supervisor. I have no choice but to take my business somewhere else.

I was looking forward to working with this company but unfortunately the sales department is lazy. The one thing that really upset me is the fact that Lewis told me he was going to send me a quote the same day that we had a conversation and he never sent me the quote. He started a quote and it was with three cameras and when the lady that I spoke with told me that I was really upset because I was waiting for the quote, and when I had a conversation with him yesterday for the last time I explained to him that he told me he was going to send me a quote the same day. I don't have anything to do with what took place in New York. That's out of my control and he could have emailed me informing me what was going on. It's not what you do. It's how you do it.

Lewis ** is not professional. He bragged and bragged about all projects he worked on, he talked about a project he did with John **. I didn't care about that. He told me that he worked with other studios but where is the profolio. If you are going to tell a customer about any projects you have worked on send your portfolio, no one is going to believe you if they don't see a portfolio of your work and when you are working for a company like this it's a team effort. There is no I in team. These guys they are not team players. I don't know if they have some kind of arrangement going on with Lewis **, because they keep referring people to him. It was annoying to be told each time I needed to have a conversation with him. I even explained that we are on two different time zones.

I am a business owner. I have important things that I need to do, none of them tried to reach out and have him call me until I asked to speak with him. Now then all of a sudden they transferred me to him. When I had a conversation with Lewis Arthur he was rude. He was arrogant. He was sarcastic. He was disrespectful. He did not understand, what I was looking for even though I explain to him in full detail what I am looking for in the equipment that I'm trying to purchase. He didn't understand. He kept putting me on hold for whatever reason and came back. I was placed on hold about five or six times during the first phone call we had, he lied to me telling me I need to be licensed by the FCC and I called the FCC and they told me that's not true because of the platform I'm using. He then told me that he couldn't give me a price on any equipment until he knew how many bandwidths, I was going to use.

I informed him that I found out I didn't need a license and that I'm using fiber. I provided Lewis ** with information in an email and I never received a quote so out of frustration, I explained that I'm done and I told him, "You are a joke and you wasted my time. I spent 2 weeks trying to get ahold of you for this." It seems like people don't understand or want to help me with the equipment that I need for my project because I'm doing things differently than how it's setup now. I've noticed that Companies in New York, California and Florida have employees that loves to waste customers' time and they're not very knowledgeable at all.

Hi Michael,

I was concerned after reading your review regarding your experience with our Sales department.

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect. I would welcome an opportunity to look into this. If you have a moment, can you please email me directly at nancym@adorama.com

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The website clearly says orders placed after 6:00 PM EST would be shipped same day. I placed my order at 4:50 EST I was told that my order will not be shipped until tomorrow. I need it tomorrow and they are hard to find. Because it did not meet an 8:30 AM EST limit. The website clearly shows the above. Apparently, there is a tab along with many other tabs in light blue about Covid restrictions. All other companies have this in big yellow boxes. Cancelled my order! Do not do business with them. Dishonesty!

Hi Michelle,

We apologize that our website did not clearly indicate our updated shipping cut-off. I have raised this to our web team for review.

We are very sorry that you have had this bad experience as we value our customer satisfaction. If there is anything else that you would like to bring to our attention, please do not hesitate to reach out.

nancym@adorama.com

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I had ordered a Camera plus two lens from the Adorama site, and it went through then shortly after it stated that my order was pending due to verification. Then spoke to an Adorama customer service rep and then the rep said that they verified and it went through and I should be getting my order. So I checked my card and saw it was charged. Then two days later I get an email from Adorama indicating they cancelled my order and my order was being returned since my card didn't go through. I checked my card and saw it had a posted number on it and it did go through but they cancelled it and they indicated that my money would be refunded in 3-5 days. (Logically it makes no sense to refund if they indicated it didn't go through) And to top it off - I also bought an item from Ebay from Adorama - and the EXACT same thing happened and I paid via Paypal - and the item got to Houston, and then they called it back.

Something is fishy about this company and I am really disappointed. I was recommended to check out this company and purchase from them but I have nothing but a bad taste and sour taste in my mouth with how they are dealing with this. Also to note I had also purchased 2 items from ebay (camera related) that same time I purchased the item from Adorama and had NO PROBLEM. It went through without a hassle. Just disappointed in this.

Hi Billy,

I was sorry to see your review regarding your most recent ordering experience. I would welcome an opportunity to look into what happened. If you have a minute, can you please send me your order details. My email is nancym@adorama.com

Adorama CS Ambassador

Original review: July 30, 2020

I recently ordered from Adorama for the very first time. I have been looking for another reliable company to do give business to as I make 2-3 camera related orders a month. Long story short, I ordered a lens from them and a few other accessories. Everything went well except for the lens had some sort of damage on the rear element affecting image and video quality. They sent me a packing slip to exchange, however this is where it gets bad. I have to wait a few days for Adorama to receive the package, then I have to wait around 3 days for them to process the exchange and then I have to wait however many days the shipping takes. I needed this lens for a client in 2 DAYS from today, which is why I ordered much earlier in the week.

I am going along with the exchange because I can make great use of the lens I ordered, however I have to now go rent this exact lens so that I can use it for my client in 2 days. First and last order from me. I simply cannot take the risk of receiving another defective item and then waiting around a week for the entire return/exchange process. Any other times this has happened for me (twice in 6 years), the retailer simply sent out the item I ordered immediately as we both agreed that I would be charged again had they not received the defective item within a given time frame.

Original review: June 16, 2020

So I placed an order yesterday and I was emailed a confirmation, but later I received another email saying that my order was placed on hold and would be cancelled because they couldn’t verify my card with the bank. I then emailed back asking what I needed to do so that my order wasn’t cancelled, and I all I got was an email back saying my order had been reviewed and rejected. They told me my order would be cancelled and it would take 5 days to get my funds back into my account.

I then asked what the reason was as to why my card wasn’t able to be verified and all I got told was “Our automated credit card Verification system is private, confidential and secure. To prevent identity theft and fraud we can only give customers general reason for cancelations. We are unable to go into specific details about our process or specific reasons for denial of orders. Please allow up to 5 business days from the time your order was cancelled for your funds to return back to your method of payment. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.” I now have to wait for my money to be put back into my account before I can even purchase the camera I had planned to buy. Not sure if I want to even order from them at this point or if I should just buy it somewhere else. Has anyone else had this happen before? What would you guys suggest I do?

Hi Jacqueline,

I was sorry to read about your experience when placing an order with us. I would welcome an opportunity to look into what happened here. Can you please email me your order details at nancym@adorama.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,