3.8/5 (221 ratings)

About WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Been trying to cancel service for elderly parents since 10/2022. It is now 1/2023, they have not had Wow cable for over 3 months. Keep getting bills, over 20 calls and 20 people that say they are going to cancel service, nothing is done. We have brought back cable box in 10/2022 and they are still showing up as active customer. Terrible Terrible company, should be out of business.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Bad customer service. Slow speed. Not reliable. Got nothing but issues. Customer service totally disoriented- have no idea what they are doing. All day calling WOW and every rep create a different story. Do not get WOW-

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Atrocious service. Technicians and representatives are not knowledgeable at all! Bad business practices. Constant outages. If you work from home or have online classes do not waste your time especially if you live in Georgia or Michigan. They also delete and surprise bad reviews and some tweets.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I was looking to make a change from my current cable company and looked to lower my bill but continue the same service level of my current cable company. WOW sales person told me that my bill for the same services would be $131.00-$134.00 a month. These services included; Land Line, Cable (with ESPN and National Geographic and more. Mid grade channels), "Porting" of my current telephone number, Wi-Fi with 12 months of a modem free of charge. AWESOME! HA HA HA!!! The installer came out and drilled multiple holes in my house and through the outside wall into my living room. He was extremely nice and personable.

Once he turned on the cable and the TV, it was apparent that it was the BASIC Cable service. The installer told me that I had to contact the sales team to upgrade the service. I contacted WOW sales and they informed me that the upgrade would be an additional $50.00. NO! I explained what the initial sales person told me and this new person informed me that this was incorrect and the best she could do was to offer me $161.00 a month. I finally gave in and agreed because it was still better than the previous company's costs. I was sent a text from WOW requesting information regarding porting of my telephone number, a telephone number I have had since I was 6 years old, 55 years. I responded to the text and got a confirmation. One week later I get a call from WOW saying that they were having a problem porting my phone number. They never told me that I had to keep my old cable service until they ported the number.

No my number is lost and WOW is unable to get it back and won't even attempt to see if the number is still available. After many angry calls, WOW informed me there was nothing they could do. I asked how much removing a landline from service would save me each month and not to give me a new number? I was told I would save $19.00 a month. OKAY, now my bill will be $140.00 a month? WRONG! My bill will be $161.00 a month!!! WHY? Because my total amount with the Internet, cable, modem, landline and fees was $180.00. By taking the landline off I will save $19.00. I AM SO DONE WITH WOW AND WHAT THEY PROMISED AND I NEVER RECEIVED. Losing my telephone number of 55 years is absolutely unacceptable sales and service!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I have had Knology which turned to WOW for about 20 years now. Knology was great. WOW has turned to a total disaster in every way imaginable including quality of product as well as service. Several times every week I lose channels on cable and get the usual reboot the cable box which never works and my caller ID on the land line only works about half the time. For the last 8 days my internet has been down as well as occasionally cable and land line phone. In calling WOW service desk, all I got was a recorded message saying not so cryptically we know we have MAJOR problems so don't bother us, it will be back up when it happens. My bill has risen in the neighborhood of $60 to $70 for the same package I had with them when they were Knology not to mention questionable late fee charges despite my paying my bill by phone ON TIME every month.

This last week with no internet has cost me over $1K as I work at home as an independent contractor for Veteran's Affairs. My only other option in this area is Comcast for a bundle package as I do not want multiple bills for cable, internet and phone, but that speaks to the limited options available in this part of Georgia. In short, just say no to WOW and save yourself the aggravation and financial pain that comes with this joke of a company.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Signed up on 10 August, based on mailed promo rate of $29.99 for Internet 200. Agreed to everything including autopay. aid the extra fees for router and do-it-yourself installation plan. Company never put me on autopay. Was billed the next month for $49.99. I promptly called in and waited ad-infinitum for customer service, who said he couldn't do a thing, so I got on wowway.com and AGAIN signed up for autopay. Found out on October 17 that neither autopay nor the associated discount had gone through. Website purports to have a chat feature, but it cut me off 6 times. Website purports to have an office mailing address, but has stated thereon continuously for more than a month that offices are closed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

As a former employee, please save yourself the trouble and find service elsewhere. I spoke to customers every day and 100% validated their complaints. I planned to keep my internet one I left as it was already connected but they refused to give me any better pricing than $96/month for 1g internet ONLY. I called 3 times after my last day to remove the cable because they did NOT do it properly the first time and was told I can't make changes because I'm still an employee. Second time, I couldn't make any changes because I was yet again.. still an employee.

Then 3 weeks later after NO success with anything, I called to cancel because I switch service altogether and could not even cancel my service because I was still classified as an employee! Employee or not, I should still be able to change my services if I want! Then after I contacted my former supervisor to cancel my service because that was the only way.. they deactivate your account after you cancel and now I can't see my final bill to verify the charges! All they can do is email my the final bill within 24-48 hours and now I have to call to pay a bill rather than paying it online. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Had WOW business internet and cable for years. Then one day get a bill from Breezeline internet saying my account has been sent to them. Nothing but trouble. First no internet for a day (I'm a contractor and wife an RN both working from home). Now call forwarding not working. Have messages out in limbo somewhere. Breezeline has a two hour wait for customer service and tech support. Call WOW and my phone number linked to my closed account automatically says to call Breezeline.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I've had problems with my internet for a few weeks. I've called 2 times and chatted with a live agent 3 timed with tech support telling me to unplug modem or something else that didn't help. Was told I would be charged for someone to come out so I threatened to cancel, finally getting an appointment for tech to come to my house between 8am-11am. At 11 I called and they said he'd be here by noon. At 1:45 they said within 30 minutes. Finally at 2:25 I canceled the appointment. Spent over 6 hours of my Sunday off waiting for nothing. Was told no credit or compensation for my internet problems or my time wasted waiting all day. Rescheduled someone to come Wed. I won't hold my breathe on them showing up that day either... What a joke!

Original review: April 1, 2022

When WOW offered Gigabit service in my area I jumped on the chance to get it. I purchased a new Motorola modem and Netgear router capable of handling the speed. While the speeds were greater than my previous 300 Mb service it did not feel like Gigabit service. I checked the speed with WOW custom speedtest and it came way short. After many calls and several hours of time to customer service, they sent a tech out and he found an ancient filter on the line and he removed it and then tried to charge me for the service call. Though the speed did increase to the 700-900 Mb range during the late night (2am-7am), the remaining time it fluctuated between 400-700 Mb. Again, many calls later, they scheduled a tech to come out.

The tech contacted me to discuss the problem before he arrived and he let me know that there was not going to be a solution to the problem as the Gigabit service was rolled out way too early and the system infrastructure could not handle it. He told me that in 6 months to a year it may be able to handle it but not before. I was also told that the standard for Gigabit service was 80% of stated service. The stated service is 1 Gb download and 50 Mb upload so the actual for the low end standard is 800 Mb download and 40 Mb upload. My actual on a good day is 700 Mb download and and 30 Mb upload. While the pricing is good for the stated speed it's pricey for what you actually get.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information