WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was a long time customer (10 years), complaining about their rates, I was convinced to sign up for another year with their Ulta pkg...at a certain rate. When the bill came it was much higher. Their response was many hours on the phone, promises of call backs that never happened, then finally you have a contract with us, so you're out of luck. I use to recommend WOW. Now STAY AWAY. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

This company is so bad. I play competitive Call of Duty and this is the worst internet to have. I lag constantly. It's not the game. I have 60 mb down and 5 up but I never get 60 mb. At the most I get 40 mb. This company is so bad that I constantly have to reset my router. I do not recommend that you get this ** internet company. At most 3/10. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Terrible cable, bad customer service, tv glitches, worse than satellite. Our tv and internet has been down for 3 days with no estimated time of the problem being fixed. Our bill has been going up since day one. Never had a problem when it was Broadstripe (Charlotte, MI location)... Very dissatisfied customer. Hello Dish Network.

It started off pretty good rate for the bundle package. Then the bill kept going up. Opened the bill this month. It's 195.19. Friggin ridiculous. Guess it is time to go to Spectrum. Their best package is far cheaper than 195 a month. WOW! seems to reward their longtime customers with rate hikes without warning.

I am a movie nut and have used every cable company in our area for over 30 years. The plain and simple truth is that all cable companies suck. Your best bet is to not get hooked into the scam and read a freaking book. I have WOW and I'm sick of paying as much as my mortgage payment between my WOW and Verizon bills. Yesterday, July 3, we ONLY reduced our ever-rising cable bill from 212.00 to 165.00 by eliminating HBO, etc. WOW. What a deal. I will have to grease up and bend over for the privilege of STILL over paying these crooks until we make the decision to cut all ties. But hey, this country always has and always will be based on greed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

I have been a loyal WOW! customer for 2 years. My bill keeps creeping up. I called to see why they couldn't offer me a comparable rate plan that they offer to new customers. I currently only get 60 megabits and was being charged 74.95 per month. They offer 500 megabits to new customers for 59.99. The best they could do was offer me 12 month contract of 110 megabits for 61.00 per month with a 12 month contract. LAME! I hate this company and I wouldn't advise using them. They would rather lose a good paying customer than provide comparable service to me. CROOKS all of them.

A pleasant experience. Our technician Antonio was intelligent. Fixed the problems with 2nd tv and also helped with questions I had regarding our remotes. He was very patient and thorough. I am glad he was part of our day! Saturday July 1, 2017.

I have never had a problem in the past with this company. Only problem was the price and I changed to DirecTV 1 years ago and still have Internet and Landline service. After a power outage last Thursday I had no issues with DirecTV when the power returned, but no Internet or phone service with WOW. A technician came the next day told me my Ethernet cable was bad and my Netgear Modem/Router was bad. He basically took over my laptop at various point throughout and even restarted my computer without me saying he could. I have no idea that my Netgear is bad because he did not go through any diagnostics. All he could say about my phone was it was BAD very BAD and the company is going to VOiP. I told him forget about the phone then and he had me talk to a representative. She said after talking with him she would get back with me and that did not happen, he hung up.

He then brought in a Cable/Modem with telephone capabilities and commenced to install phone cord from the outlet over the doors which now looks terrible. I have phone service, but my daughter says it sounds like I am talking under water. He then told me he would have to input my password on my laptop and not to worry because he will not remember it. I told him I want to be able to change it and he said that was not possible. I have a magicJack coming tomorrow and will be cancelling my phone service since I can't have landline anymore, since he cut the wire outside. I also ordered a new cable/modem that is coming tomorrow and am still waiting to have the "Supervisor" call me. That was supposed to happen yesterday and now I have to try and wade through their telephone menu to find out what happened to this "Supervisor."

This is the worse experience I have had and to top it off the technician had to go back up in my attic to retrieve the wrench he left up there. I was never so happy when I took my cable boxes back to WOW because their TV was miserable and now I am looking to go with Charter if they can't provide decent Internet with my equipment which I can control.

I did my research before calling to investigate switching from Spectrum to WOW. I had specific questions to ask Lydia. She didn't listen to my needs repeatedly, couldn't answer questions as she was quite unknowledgeable and LIED about costs. She was all hype just like a snaky car salesperson. I finally pinned her down about itemized costs one too many times and she hung up on me; couldn't handle the truth. Do you think I'm switching?

This company needs to be slapped with a class action suit. I recently called WOW to see how much it would cost me a month if I had my cable, phone and internet bundled with them. I was quoted a price of $121.99 which was a lot less than I was paying so I had them come out and set it up. I get my first bill and it's for $190.49!! I couldn't believe it. I looked over my bill carefully to see if I could figure out what the hell was going on but it was full of all kinds of mysterious fees and surcharges.

I called up WOW and demanded an explanation. They said they would look into it and call me back. The next day they called and admitted to overcharging me over $35. After they subtracted their little "error" my bill is now $156, still considerably more than the $122 they originally quoted. Turns out that the taxes amount to almost $35 dollars but they didn't tell me this when I first requested a quote. Damnit, when I ask a company how much I will be paying a month for their services and they know that taxes are going to add 28% to a $122 bill I expect them to tell me that.

If this were the first problem I had with these bums I might be able to write it off as an honest error but this sort of BS has been ongoing. About a year ago I caught them trying to charge me for a cable box that I had returned the month before. The reason I caught it - two different people that I know told me about getting billed for cable boxes that they had returned, so I started going over my bills every month with a fine tooth comb. It appears that this is a regular business practice with WOW. I wonder how many thousands, perhaps millions, this company has made from fraudulently charging customers. This company really needs to be investigated thoroughly.

WOW came on my property, drilled holes all over the walls and inserted cable lines. I was out for an appointment when I returned home, had 3 WOW employees needing entry to my residency! I had to call the Police, as they were trespassing, refusing to get off my property. After the Cops arrived, so much yadda, yadda, yadda...it turns out they were in the wrong residency and wrong street! >:-( Had been calling them for 2 years before they blocked my phone number. NEVER REPAIRED OR UNDID THEIR DAMAGES! Bright House Networks had to come back out here and undo, repair, and restore! WOW CLAIMED I had their services - but it never existed; the trespass warning was issued!

Their word isn't worth a glass... 3 years excellent customer, and last year WOW said they would not drop any more calls, and let me know of Internet maintenance if I would agree to a one-year commitment. They knew I had a medical alert system. I held my agreement Steven Cochran, CEO of Wow, but your company's word isn't worth a glass of water to a desert rat. I am leaving this month because I do not do business with liars Steven ~ Ever since takeover of Knology, and WoW. Learned my home state does not regulate cable and Internet. They have taken advantage of shifting members with their hoodwinked ads. I say if you're wise do not get involved with this unfair business practices company. If they don't have customers, they don't have WOW. Let's run them out of USA.

I have been a WOW customer for 6 years. I actually turned in one of my cable boxes to decrease my monthly payment. The first month after that my bill decreased and then the next month it increases to what I was paying prior to turning in the box. I called customer service and they couldn't explain the increase but said I would need to speak to someone in my local office. They told me someone from my local office would contact me within 2 days. After waiting 4 days I called them again. Same story! I'm fed up with this. Paying too much already for subpar service. I am looking into a satellite dish or something that I will at least get more channels and faster Internet.

As an attorney, it is my personal opinion this company engages in intentional conduct to charge customers erroneous fees hoping the customer will not pay attention to the bill and pay an amount WOW is not entitled to. I personally experienced this intentional conduct with WOW on more than one occasion. Buyer beware!

My neighbor power washed his fence last week and exposed the WOW cable. I called Friday, June 2, 2017 to ask for an appointment to have it reburied. It was scheduled for the next day (6-3-17) between 8am-12pm EST. The technician did not show during that time so I left for my appointment. I returned home to find no note from WOW on my door and the wire still exposed. I was on the phone with customer service for almost two hours to find out the tech says he was here at 12:55 (almost an hour late with no call) and didn't see any wires on the side of my house and said he'd called my cell but I didn't answer. I have no missed calls or voicemail and I specifically explained during my initial call that the wire was at the back of the property near the cable boxes half under a fence (but still reachable). At no point did I say it was on my house.

When I asked for a supervisor my cable/phone/internet was disconnected. There was no problem with my service and no reason to disconnect so I have to assume they were being jerks and disconnected on purpose. After calling back from a cellphone we were told we'd have an appointment the next day (Sunday 6-4-17) between 12-2 pm EST. I waited again and no one showed or called. After talking to at least four different people they said they'd come the next day (Monday 6-5-17) between 8am-9pm. After two missed appointments I should have been a first priority.

If damage is done to the cable, I have no home phone. There is a person with a life threatening Allergy in the house. A phone where you can have emergency services locate you when someone isn't able to speak is a necessity. I was also told someone from field management would call me later Sunday or at the latest Monday morning. No one has called. At this point, I've waited 14 hours in my home over 3 days and spent upwards of 5-6 hours on the phone with customer service. I still haven't seen a tech or had their department honor their appointments and times. I'm so disappointed that their company couldn't rectify their mistake in not showing up on time or at all. All they had to do was bury a small 5 inch portion of cable that wasn't buried deep enough in the first place if it was exposed so easily.

WOW advertises pricing, but when all is said and done, it's nothing close to what the say. I signed up for cable and internet and was told the medium package was 79.00. We started getting bills for 150.00 and I realized they were charging for the large pkg. and internet was separate. Not what was said at time of sign up. Thankfully, we didn't have a contract. I purchased an android TV box and my husband bought an antenna and booster, so all boxes were returned yet, they continued to try to charge for them. Their error and they want your money for overcharges and they'll credit it the next month... NOT!!

On May 5th, we received a Netgear modem and hooked it up. I returned the WOW modem the next day. Again, I received the bill today with charges for the modem and for charges that were paid on the past bill. Thirty two minutes it took to get these scammers to correct their ignorant, overcharged bill of 20.00! If nobody catches this, they're making a bundle off their sleazy bundles. Internet will be gone soon, too!!

My family was very appreciative of the top notch customer service provided by one employee in the Panama City, FL office. Her name was Danielle **, and she listened to our concerns. She validated our loyal customer status and resolved a frustrating billing situation, no other employee had been able to. She was polite and a refreshing.

I recently changed to WOW! from Brighthouse. I went to pay the bill and was told that I had to pay the whole bill not just the past due amount. The service is horrible. Customer service is horrible and lie to you.

I moved just a mile away from my old address and when I called WOW to transfer service. Wow informed me that they could not provide service at my new address. They refused me service contracted and is now trying to charge me the early termination fee. They violate the contract and then charge me for it!!!

Cable has been out for over 2 days. Unable to reach customer service and on hold 35-50 minutes 5 times over the course of 2 days. There is no communication with customers what the issue is... Please file a complaint with the FCC and possible complaint with Attorney General. Unacceptable business practices. Will never recommend this company.

I accessed WOW online while looking to change from Spectrum (who DOUBLED my bill when they took over from Time Warner!). Two days later Mr. ** shows up at my door at 6:30 in the evening. He ran through his sales pitch and I told him I wanted to think about it. The price, the package, the superior customer service claim, the Christian values of the company all sounded good, so I made an appointment for Mr. ** to come back. I wanted to give Spectrum a chance to give me a deal I could live with. When I met again with Mr. **, he sold that package! I mean, HE SOLD THAT PACKAGE!!! And who doesn't believe a nice elderly gentleman espousing Christian values and choosing to work for WOW after retiring because they had the same core values as he did?

I explained that I wanted a month-to-month contract because I would be moving out of state later this year. He had already written up the sales contract before I agreed to the service, but Mr. ** wrote a new contract with the month-to-month pricing. He continued to tell me about all the great service I was getting, including a premium channel, a $100 gift card, and again, the superior customer service. We reviewed the contract THOROUGHLY and I verified every price written to make sure I understood what I was purchasing. I even told him about an experience I'd had with AT&T coming in and cutting ALL the Time Warner cables--EVEN AT THE CABLE/DVR BOXES, when they weren't even using those outlets, and their service never worked. Mr. ** assured me that WOW didn't touch my other provider's equipment or wiring.

90 minutes later (elderly Mr. ** was a little slow), we shook hands and Mr. ** assured me that I had made a good choice and I would be happy because WOW (who was #1 in the cable market), had the best customer service out there. WELLL...when my cable and Internet were installed, not only did they 1) disconnect all my boxes and left them in the floor; 2) disconnect my modem and router for the phone AND security system (I was keeping both through TWC); 3) disconnect all TWC wiring and re-wire to WOW's service; 4) give me NO training on how to set program recordings or use the ULTRA feature that comes with the service, they didn't install my premium channel!!!

I called customer service within 30 minutes of the tech leaving and they told me that the order was not entered for a premium channel and I would need to contact my phone service provider to find out why my phone wasn't working because I wasn't getting phone service through them. I would have to take my copy of the contract into the office with the salesman's signature on it to see IF they would honor it. Well, they didn't. They told me that a month-to-month contract didn't include a premium channel but I could add it on for $19 a month!

The counterperson even called Mr. ** to ask if he remembered my sale and "Christian" Mr. ** told her that I changed from a 2-year agreement to a month-to-month after he had written the contract and he may have marked something by mistake. (Remember, Mr. ** wrote a new contract because he came to my house with the contract already completed. I NEVER told him I wanted a 2-year agreement because I knew I would be moving later this year.)

Earlier that day, prior to this fiasco, they did send someone back out to check on the phone/security situation, but it was going to cost me $50 for them to run another line to re-hook up the phone/security line!!! OK, I am done with WOW and their lies, but since I can't even get my TWC/Spectrum Internet signal back, I've cancelled everything from everyone! I'm done with cable companies because they all suck, at least the ones I've dealt with in the last few years (check out my complaints on AT&T and Spectrum). People lived without cable, internet, and phone for years--some even do it now strangely enough! I've gotten a 3rd party security system and I'm going to invest in a Fire Stick!!!

I signed up for WOW because I was so sick of dealing with Comcast raising their rates and billing me extra charges. WOW advertised that they were a different kind of company and didn't require contracts. 6 months later I got an ill with my rate for internet only raised to $100. I spent three weeks in customer service hell getting jacked around with no results and finally went all the way to North Charleston to the home office where I was told they have an ongoing issue with their phone customer service.

It makes me laugh that their website says they offer the best in customer service. They did fix my bill and all seemed fine until recently when I realized that I now was paying a doubled bill once again!!! I called and spoke to someone who gave me a new rate and I had to get off the phone because the call used up my entire 30-minute lunch break. Nothing was ever mentioned about a contract and I assumed I wasn't dealing with contracts as they have that written on their vans. I called back when I had a lunch break the next day and was told I was ** out of luck because I had agreed to a one-year contract and that if I tried to leave the company I would be fined!!! WhT?! I never agreed to a contract! I've found myself dealing with Comcast all over again. And being told off by a woman in broken English btw. It was all a HUGE scam. Don't bother switching to WOW. It's just another Comcast that snuck in the back door on bold faces lies. Severe disappointment.

I switched from Spectrum because my bills were too high there. I called to get in on a promotion for a $60 a month for internet and cable. I just missed the sale I was told but there was a new offer for $80 a month cable and internet. Still far cheaper than I was paying at Spectrum so I went ahead with the deal. The whole installation was a disaster having to take time out from work twice to have it done properly. Each time for several hours. The cable guide has to be the first one ever made back from the eighties! It is so old and antiquated and just unpleasant to even look at it let alone navigate. The cable service is constantly going out with the standard apologize for the inconvenience message on the screen. My bills are twice what the deal was quoted at which was the $80 a month so I'm paying more than I was paying at Spectrum for far ** service.

I have had WOW since September 2014. I put up with their service as $42 a month was a deal. However now paying $65 and it has got worse as I am constantly resetting the cable box and when streaming soccer matches I have to reboot the page as screen freezes or the picture lags. WOW has been out several times and found no issue with the equipment.

I have been a WOW! customer for 3 years and hate it! However, this is the only Internet in my area. The internet is very slow. I have 30 Mbps. My speeds is as slow as 15Mbps. When using the internet the computer constantly stops and have to continue to load and reload. The WI-Fi is very slow. When other devices are connected to Wi-fi, it just show loading. It never stops! I called WOW! to complain. After being passed around several times, I finally spoke with someone who continued to repeat himself. He told me that there were no supervisors to speak with and that I had to hold again. I was on hold for 23 minutes.

When the guy came back on the phone, he apologized and said that I will have to wait for a callback. This could take up to 3 days! I asked what to do about the internet. He replied, "Reset it." I did this several times without any results. He said, it was my computer. I have 3 different computers to which the same occurs. He suggested that I pay more money for a higher speed. I already pay 60.00 for just internet! I don't want to pay more. My service should be working. He said, "Well consider paying more to fix the problem." I was appalled! Do not get WOW! Internet! The internet speed and Wi-fi is horrible! Getting through to a supervisor is next to impossible. The supervisor never called me back but they did send me a customer service survey! Really!

I have been a loyal customer for well over 10 years. I have my account set up on direct pay - so it's auto paid out of my bank account. The internet service is often poor. Each year, or sometimes sooner, they try to jack up the prices on you. You can negotiate it back down sometimes if you get tough with them. When you call the customer service line - you better be able to speak Spanish. More often than not, your call gets routed Central America. The phone service is not always great. They have messed up my business by taking my calls off auto forward... And I have lost customers because I did not respond to their calls... as I had no idea I was not getting them... Repairs vary - often they are late. The repair staff however is always decent. The only reason I do business with WOW is that the other cable companies in Ohio are even worse. Wow sucks. Really sucks, but the other providers suck even worse.

They refuse to do anything about the number of robocalls, spoofed numbers and other scammers using their system. Other providers are now blocking these calls using an FCC approved system, called Nomorobo but WOW does and will not. Management does not care. The result is numerous harassing calls using their phone system.

Cable kept cutting out, 5 to 25 times a day, worse late at night. 1st call was a very nice gentleman with great customer service skills. A tech arrived 2 days later and fixed the weak signal problem, or so we thought. Same problem persisted. I called three days later and became acquainted with a woman who desperately needs a job far from any public contact. I requested a service call that day, not an unreasonable request given the circumstances. I was told that probably wasn't happening and gave a cell # to let me know when someone could come out. 6 days - and no call later - I contacted Spectrum. Contacted Wow this morning to terminate this afternoon. They cut everything off immediately. Vindictive certainly wins over the customer. This is but my 1st stop on a Wow-bashing tour of social media. Consumer beware!

We have had nothing but ongoing intermittent loss of service through WOW's ineptitude. We routinely lose channels for hours at a time which mysteriously pop back up; yet, the stock answer from Customer Service is a technician needs to come out and even worse, "we are not experiencing any issues" when we find out through other sources that they indeed are. Final word: THE WORST. Stay away. We are researching alternative services that are more reliable and appreciative of their customers.

I only had Wowway for a little while. I then went back to Comcast, I put my order in on the 6th of March and they installed it on the 13th. But when Comcast came out there was a problem. The phone wasn't ported over, and of course it was customers services fault. So then here is don't have a phone, so the fun begins. And I contacted the porting department at Wowway today and talked to a Mary and she said that it was ported over to Comcast on the 17th and to contact customer service (wow), tell them to read the comments and disconnect and release the phone number. And everything should be good go. Well I still don't have a phone, so this phone number no longer belongs to Wowway and they need to give me my number.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Profile