1.57/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

204 WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have had Wow now for about a year. I got tired of calling them up to come out and get the same working right. It is a worse internet and cable service I have ever had and customer service is not that great. Either I am going to switch to another cable provider. I would never recommend them to anybody. I'm sitting here now because my cable internet is not working again. I am both to get 100 megabytes. Every time I check it I am only getting about 25 megabytes but I'm paying for 100. Very unhappy this company. They're lucky they even got one star.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Poor, terrible, nonexistent service, the worst I have ever encountered!!! We have been calling since March to have our cable installed underground. The cable is currently hung up in the trees, on the ground and 2-3 ft. above ground. A pretty sight and a safety issue! THEY DON'T CARE! I have called numerous times, on the phone for HOURS and NOTHING GETS DONE! I have been told the job has been completed, REALLY! I will send you photos. I have placed several new orders, been given reference numbers, I have been told a supervisor will call, NOTHING!!!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

WOW has become a four letter word around my office. This is by far the flakiest connection I have ever had to deal with, and I lived for a year on a satellite connection. It is so bad that I am moving my home service to another provider as well.

Original review: May 18, 2018

When WOW! first started in southern Indiana it was a good company at that time. $30.00 for tv, phone, and internet.hook up in every room. Customs service in Evansville Indiana or Colorado. Leaving WOW! for another internet company $0.0. Now $40.00 for internet and one hookup. Customer service in some other country. Leaving the company will cost you $40.0 for each month left in your contract. If you call to lower the cost and agree it is now a contract between you a WOW!. After 12 years with WOW! I feel up the ** with a wow. Good bye.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have had a terrible experience with WOW! When my wife and I made the switch to WOW, we did it mostly because of the price. I guess the saying is true... "you get what you pay for." Not only was the Wifi itself an issue, but the customer service was exceptionally bad. The response was slow and every one we dealt with seemed to be disinterested in our issues. I really was going to let it go and not write a review (since we are moving out of their service area and won't have to deal with them anymore), but then they told me I was going to have to pay a termination fee of $210. Also, Ingleberg or Inglewood or whatever the name of the representative was that we spoke with was rude and acted high and mighty. Needless to say, we will never work with or recommend this unprofessional joke of a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: May 13, 2018

We only have internet with Wow, but it has been excellent. We pay for 15 megs, we often get over 25 megs and have had no problem with the service [modem/Router went out but they replaced it the next day]. Great service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I obtained these services for one year at a very low cost and I've never had a break in service. Good prices and customer service too. I would recommend them to others.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Have to use WOW! for internet but I am dumping the cable TV part. Their equipment is old. Their "guide" no longer tells you the episode, just something general. i.e. "Star Trek" Kirk and Spock seek out new life. They charge way too much as well!! Rates go up regularly. And you have to buy premiums packages to get the channels you probably want.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Customer service is nice most of the time but the cost is way too much for the product. And often times, the price goes up, the cable tends to freeze up and the sound goes out.

Original review: May 5, 2018

As with all service providers for internet service most issues are pretty terrible. On a couple of occasions, when I have called, I have had great success due to the particular customer service rep I worked with. However, for general issues it is very difficult to get assistance.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Constantly get billing wrong, poor service, and outrageous pricing. Internet constantly down, phone service unreliable and dropping calls! They use outdated equipment and refuse to update!

Original review: April 24, 2018

So besides the shotty internet service we got from WOW, their billing team and agenda is what really sets me off. I had a ten minute conversation with a guy in the phone when we moved into our new apartment. I specifically asked if the prices he wasn’t offering me was valid for a year contract and he said “Yes.” My husband and I did not want anything longer than a year because our plan was to stay there a year and move. Only an idiot would sign up for a contract for 2 years knowing they’d be staying for one. So skip to a month before our “1 Year Contract” is supposed to be up, I call WOW and ask how much our last bill would be since we would only be using their services for half that month. That's when I’m informed, “Your contract still has a year, because your contracts states for 2 years.”

I repeatedly explained I have none of that in writing with my signature in it and the lady refuses to listen. Like everything I say to her she responds with “In this case there’s nothing we can do” and that I’ll have go to a local office to dispute, and even then there’s a small chance of anything being done. So I call back a little later to try and speak with someone new. Now this guy is telling me even going to the dispute office won’t work, and that I signed a contract so that’s just it. I explained for the millionth time that we did not agree to two years and so on. Eventually I ask for this contract that I “signed” for their proof, and he outright denies me and says it’s not possible. I explain legally he has to provide it for me because I was not even provided an initial copy.

Immediately he sends me to his supervisor who gives me the same runaround, and when I ask for the contract he tried to tell me, “It was a verbal contract that we’re holding you to.” So I said, “Ok, then you still have to provide me with a copy of this, because if I were to take this to court and pursue legal action, my lawyer would need to obtain a copy of that for this to hold up as well.” He then proceeds to tell me they couldn’t send me a copy of the recorded phone call that I apparently agreed to two years on, but he could “play it and put it on speaker so I could hear”. BULL. I told him that won’t legally hold up anywhere, and I’d need a copy. He then says they’d have to find the phone record and he could give me a call in two days (which is fine and understandable except he just offered to pull it right up and play it for me ten seconds prior).

So I’m currently waiting on a phone call that I’m sure will get brushed around. I was also told by the three different people I talked to that my term went through three different months, that 1/2 the options one of them told me to do, the others said were impossible and I was told three different amounts that I’d have to pay to buy out of my contract. So if your only option is to go with WOW, live like a caveman. You’ll be better off.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My husband and I couldn't be more unsatisfied with Wide Open West (WOW) internet. We pay quite a bit per month for a fast speed. Guess What? About 90 percent of the time, our speeds aren't even close to what they're supposed to be. WOW! let the lines hang too low on our street, so when a garbage truck drove past, it ripped the line down, including one attached to our house, and our shutters. When we contacted WOW!, the manager dismissed us and hung up on us. After trying to cancel WOW!, after switching to AT&T, they said they are charging me 90 dollars to cancel while under contract. I will never ever recommend WOW! to anyone ever. Peace out sucky internet.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm paying for 30 meg, they say only guarantee 80% of that. Most of the time I get less than 1. Anyone who asks for 1 yr. contract, knows their service is no good. If I could get 80% all the time, I would be happy. Not right but satisfied.

Original review: April 13, 2018

It really sucks when there are NO other options for internet services in your area. I am stuck with WOW and the crappy service that cuts out often. I wish there was another cable company around so there could at least be some competition for customers. WOW raised my rate once again, and didn't notify me about the increase so now I have to pay the extra charges plus a new higher monthly fee. Why can't these companies do something nice for loyal customers?!?

Original review: March 31, 2018

I've used WOW for as long as I can remember, and for the last few years now there have constantly been random periods of time where I'll lose internet or speeds drop dramatically even with the higher speed options. I've noticed that while using a VPN, my internet speed seems to increase almost double which leads me to believe they're throttling speeds based, potentially based on the amount of bandwidth being used or the time of day. That said, I don't know if there is an ISP you can trust these days.

Original review: March 31, 2018

All I can say is wow! This stinks! Internet drops, slow as heck. TV is pixelated and picture quality is bad. So many complaints! Let's see where do I begin... Sales rep, Shaun **, lied about pricing, complained and he stated that he gave me a credit. I did not even have the service for 20 days. Called to cancel. Found out bill was higher than he promised. So one lie after another. Customer service is a joke! Without making this too long, bottom line stay away. We went back to old cable company and am now very happy. Not worth it! It's like cable from the 80's was better.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Internet constantly runs slow and drops out. I have the misfortune of having their Ultra service. I have just about worn out their reset button. TV service frequently locks up or pixelates. They send out a service person and he doesn't do anything. Recently upgraded to 60 mbps hoping it might be better. I could should have just thrown my money away. As much as I hate Comcast they are on the horizon.

Original review: March 24, 2018

WOW is a great way to describe the terrible customer service. I called WOW when I bought a house and let them talk me into a promo package with Internet 500. I called and asked to be changed to Internet 100. They messed that up. Instead, they moved me to a 30M package that isn't even on the website and further costs more than the Internet 100. Every month I have had to get on the phone with them about something on the bill that should not be there and was not there the previous month. If they'd look at my first bill from November 2017 they'd see the new two year agreement for the right package. But for some reason they felt the need to change my contract to a renewal rate. I will never have WOW as my provider again!

Original review: March 22, 2018

WOW says that my daughter signed up for autopay when she made an online payment. For argument's sake, let's say she did. Going forward they have continually deducted 2 months worth of bills at a time. She has asked to be taken off of autopay. After finally getting to a manager they agreed to refund the double deduction and take her off of autopay. They refunded the money to the bank. She then made a payment for what was due and the following day they again took out another double payment.

After calling and talking to a supervisor, he refused to credit back the money. He also refused to get her his manager to speak to her. She asked for the tapes of the last conversation. He first said he couldn't do it then changed it to saying it would take weeks. She again asked for the autopay to be stopped. He said no he wouldn't do that. This is just theft. She has filed fraud with her bank and has had to close her bank card. We have contacted an attorney who is looking into the case. Please be aware that this company has no scruples and are outright thieves. I really hope this can be taken to court. It has cost overdraft fees and monthly stress and they should be known for what they are. DO NOT USE WOW CABLE!!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

When we signed up for WOW, they were new to our area, we were excited about their reasonable rates and thrilled with their super helpful customer service. Both qualities are a thing of the past. We disconnected and went with another company because our new housemate was unwilling to put up with internet going in and out every day, not at all reliable or predictable. (I guess we'd gotten used to it.) When we called to let WOW know, we calculated that we had used about half of the last month we'd already paid for. We thought we'd get a refund for a portion of the prior month.

Instead, we were charged not only for the time we received intermittent service plus the week after we disconnected from WOW, started with Frontier, but before we informed WOW that we had moved on. But we were also informed that we would have to pay for an additional week. I took our WOW bill off autopay, and just this week a new bill arrived including $28.36 (for time not receiving their services) PLUS a $10 late fee and a new paper statement fee. Despite two phone calls explaining how customer service is so important to WOW's continued survival, asking for help on this and for the right thing to be done, I met a stone wall. I paid rather than have a late payment on my credit, but really feel badly that this company has gone so far south on their product, their ethics and their service.

We were actually really good customers, had never had a late payment in our tenure of approximately 4 years with them. I had spoken highly of them in the first two years and several friends signed up with their service. Now we can only apologize for the recommendation, and advise anyone looking for internet service to look elsewhere. I feel VERY strongly about this, and am concerned that the customer service employee, who sounded like a decent young man, is going to find himself with a company going down the tubes. WOW is going to have a hard time staying in business with its policies, ethics and service being so against their customers. I really hope he disassociates from WOW before it is too late and finds an admirable company to work for, one like WOW started out to be.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Currently have 30 mbps service for $64/month. 3-21-18 I called and wanted to downgrade to 10 mbps for the advertised rate (on their website) of 29.99/month. Was told that was for new customers with their own modem. Without modem it would be 39.99/month. I agreed, but was told it was only available for new customers. So I will cancel WOW service. Misleading website. They would rather lose a customer of years I suppose. Sad.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I wish I could give WOW! no stars. They are the worst. Do not use their services. I have had multiple issues with service, customer service, constantly adding/changing fees, several employees have flat out lied to me..."I can’t give you a confirmation number, you’ll have to take my word, I canceled your services LOL", "there’s no supervisor on the floor today," "I’ll have a supervisor call you right back," "your price is locked in for a year, no fee increase for a year," etc. Too many issues to write. I am done with WOW, their nonsense and unethical ways of doing business. Stay far away from WOW.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have had nothing but problems with this company. In one month I have had my cable box replaced 3 times. I got my second bill and was overcharged. I called them to inquire about the charges and was told that I was being charged for the last technician's visit. The customer service rep got rude with me and then hung up on me. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their products and services are outdated and do not work well. Their programming is terrible. The DVR is a joke.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

First I apologize for the long post. We have to have internet for certain things in life. We were with Insight but the prices went up too much. We cancelled and returned the equipment. Sadly we were a victim of companies switching inventory and doing a poor job of it. About a year after returning the equipment we got a bill for $600 from Time Warner to replace a cable box they no longer had in inventory. I have no doubt it was misplaced by them or one of the fly by night installers they hire stole it. Of course we kept our return slip for a while but yes we eventually threw it away. So long story short after arguing with Insight/Time Warner/Spectrum for 2 years I paid $300 so they would not ding my credit. I would have spent more on legal fees to prove we don't have it. I will not do dial-up or satellite internet because it isn't worth it.

Our kiddos stream Netflix and Hulu so if it is constantly loading it's miserable. So we chose WOW! We have had nothing but one bad experience after another. The quality of the internet was horrible. It was constantly not working. I would call and report it. Of course like most service business they are trained to make you think the problem is on your end. Once they check and see you do NOT rent a modem from them (which I would never do because it will be crap) they will tell you the modem is bad. So you will have the pleasure of arguing with them about that and they will tell you it cost a service fee for them to come out. They will send a tech who isn't trained and will fumble around confused. You may get lucky though and get that one who is trained and is honest (please capture if you do so he/she can train the others). The tech eventually found out after making several calls that the issue was on WOW!'s end.

Their connection on their pole was not secure. Several were loose. The tech did fix the issue. He even came back after he left...to get his tools he forgot. After the problem was fixed on their end and not my modem as they always blame that brings me to their billing. I am aware of promotional prices and how they change. I started my service at $40 a month then it went to $50. I think a reminder would be a nice heads up for customers who use autopay. Nevertheless $10 didn't break us. What was upsetting was they slow down the internet which was not part of the deal. They said they had a price change when I called them. They proceeded to do their sales pitch and eventually said they would increase my speed back to what it was and the fee was $50 a month... Now here I am today and another increase has happened but up to $70 a month.

This company is sneaky and will do what they can to get one over on a consumer. I am sure that bonuses etc are being made by the upper managers by these practices. I could be wrong. It could just be greed that is this company's motto. When I called about the issue this time and asked why I never received a bill or information about it somehow we were checked for paperless billing...it's like a bad magic show that makes kids cry. Think about how many customers (elderly people, naive people) just handing over money...sad! I have cancelled them and now will have to research where I get my internet from in the future. WOW! is a dirty company and doesn't care about its customers. Sadly I feel it represent how our society has shifted. I am sure some people love WOW! but I wanted my experience to be out there so others can make a more informed decision.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My number one concern and dissatisfaction with WOW! Internet Cable and Phone lies in the cost. It's always an introductory price for a year. And I agree but I just don't like it. If the price was stable and not varying I believe they would have a stable and growing customer loyalty.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

They have mastered the nickel & dime game. Digital adapter $4.00. Enhanced receiver upgrade-HD/DVR $13. Paper statement fee $1.00. Sports surcharge fee $ 2.00. Internet upgrade $ 30.00 still very slow. Broadcast TV fee $12.90. Now some of these things you can call them about and they will sometimes offer to take $10.00 off of your bill but keep in mind that usually involves a 30 minutes of waiting on hold and sometimes talking to 3 different people. I think sometimes they do this just to get you to hang up.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I was told by the door to door salesman I would get free install but it was charged on my 1st bill. 1 year later I called 11/27 to cancel cable and continue with internet only. The rep on the phone told me it would cost $40 after I negotiated the price. My next bill was $25 higher than with cable & internet. I called at 1218 and after a 25 minute phone call the rep confirmed they made a mistake but said my wife had to re-confirm the account change.

My wife was not available, we called back the same evening and that rep said we had to wait for the previous rep or a supervisor to call back, I told her the prior rep advised my wife and I both to call back - she then put me on hold for 20 minutes to come back and say she changed the account at $70/month. I advised the price was $40/month. The rep then said I have to wait on a supervisor to call my phone and to make sure my wife was available. I asked if we could add my name on the account and the rep said we could only do so in person at a local office but there is no office in my town.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

After many years with another provider, I decided to switch to WOW as they promised 500mbs download speed with their internet service. At first the internet speed never reached 150mbs. I had them come out a few times to try to get the service up to the promised 500mbs, but they were never able to get it there. They did get it up to 240mbs. The last time their agent came out, he was rude and told me that the problem was "me"… Really? At that time I decided to switch back to my previous provider. Then last week they sent me a bill for $390??? I called to discuss and have now been on hold about 30 minutes with no resolution. Buyer beware, I have found WOW to be a business with misleading advertising and when you try to hold them accountable to give you what you are paying for they deflect and avoid the customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

WOW does better than our previous provider ATT in reliability and customer service, but it is far from great! There has to be a better way to see entertainment than to provide me with 100 channels I never watch.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information