WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I moved just a mile away from my old address and when I called WOW to transfer service. Wow informed me that they could not provide service at my new address. They refused me service contracted and is now trying to charge me the early termination fee. They violate the contract and then charge me for it!!!

Cable has been out for over 2 days. Unable to reach customer service and on hold 35-50 minutes 5 times over the course of 2 days. There is no communication with customers what the issue is... Please file a complaint with the FCC and possible complaint with Attorney General. Unacceptable business practices. Will never recommend this company.

I accessed WOW online while looking to change from Spectrum (who DOUBLED my bill when they took over from Time Warner!). Two days later Mr. ** shows up at my door at 6:30 in the evening. He ran through his sales pitch and I told him I wanted to think about it. The price, the package, the superior customer service claim, the Christian values of the company all sounded good, so I made an appointment for Mr. ** to come back. I wanted to give Spectrum a chance to give me a deal I could live with. When I met again with Mr. **, he sold that package! I mean, HE SOLD THAT PACKAGE!!! And who doesn't believe a nice elderly gentleman espousing Christian values and choosing to work for WOW after retiring because they had the same core values as he did?

I explained that I wanted a month-to-month contract because I would be moving out of state later this year. He had already written up the sales contract before I agreed to the service, but Mr. ** wrote a new contract with the month-to-month pricing. He continued to tell me about all the great service I was getting, including a premium channel, a $100 gift card, and again, the superior customer service. We reviewed the contract THOROUGHLY and I verified every price written to make sure I understood what I was purchasing. I even told him about an experience I'd had with AT&T coming in and cutting ALL the Time Warner cables--EVEN AT THE CABLE/DVR BOXES, when they weren't even using those outlets, and their service never worked. Mr. ** assured me that WOW didn't touch my other provider's equipment or wiring.

90 minutes later (elderly Mr. ** was a little slow), we shook hands and Mr. ** assured me that I had made a good choice and I would be happy because WOW (who was #1 in the cable market), had the best customer service out there. WELLL...when my cable and Internet were installed, not only did they 1) disconnect all my boxes and left them in the floor; 2) disconnect my modem and router for the phone AND security system (I was keeping both through TWC); 3) disconnect all TWC wiring and re-wire to WOW's service; 4) give me NO training on how to set program recordings or use the ULTRA feature that comes with the service, they didn't install my premium channel!!!

I called customer service within 30 minutes of the tech leaving and they told me that the order was not entered for a premium channel and I would need to contact my phone service provider to find out why my phone wasn't working because I wasn't getting phone service through them. I would have to take my copy of the contract into the office with the salesman's signature on it to see IF they would honor it. Well, they didn't. They told me that a month-to-month contract didn't include a premium channel but I could add it on for $19 a month!

The counterperson even called Mr. ** to ask if he remembered my sale and "Christian" Mr. ** told her that I changed from a 2-year agreement to a month-to-month after he had written the contract and he may have marked something by mistake. (Remember, Mr. ** wrote a new contract because he came to my house with the contract already completed. I NEVER told him I wanted a 2-year agreement because I knew I would be moving later this year.)

Earlier that day, prior to this fiasco, they did send someone back out to check on the phone/security situation, but it was going to cost me $50 for them to run another line to re-hook up the phone/security line!!! OK, I am done with WOW and their lies, but since I can't even get my TWC/Spectrum Internet signal back, I've cancelled everything from everyone! I'm done with cable companies because they all suck, at least the ones I've dealt with in the last few years (check out my complaints on AT&T and Spectrum). People lived without cable, internet, and phone for years--some even do it now strangely enough! I've gotten a 3rd party security system and I'm going to invest in a Fire Stick!!!

I signed up for WOW because I was so sick of dealing with Comcast raising their rates and billing me extra charges. WOW advertised that they were a different kind of company and didn't require contracts. 6 months later I got an ill with my rate for internet only raised to $100. I spent three weeks in customer service hell getting jacked around with no results and finally went all the way to North Charleston to the home office where I was told they have an ongoing issue with their phone customer service.

It makes me laugh that their website says they offer the best in customer service. They did fix my bill and all seemed fine until recently when I realized that I now was paying a doubled bill once again!!! I called and spoke to someone who gave me a new rate and I had to get off the phone because the call used up my entire 30-minute lunch break. Nothing was ever mentioned about a contract and I assumed I wasn't dealing with contracts as they have that written on their vans. I called back when I had a lunch break the next day and was told I was ** out of luck because I had agreed to a one-year contract and that if I tried to leave the company I would be fined!!! WhT?! I never agreed to a contract! I've found myself dealing with Comcast all over again. And being told off by a woman in broken English btw. It was all a HUGE scam. Don't bother switching to WOW. It's just another Comcast that snuck in the back door on bold faces lies. Severe disappointment.

I switched from Spectrum because my bills were too high there. I called to get in on a promotion for a $60 a month for internet and cable. I just missed the sale I was told but there was a new offer for $80 a month cable and internet. Still far cheaper than I was paying at Spectrum so I went ahead with the deal. The whole installation was a disaster having to take time out from work twice to have it done properly. Each time for several hours. The cable guide has to be the first one ever made back from the eighties! It is so old and antiquated and just unpleasant to even look at it let alone navigate. The cable service is constantly going out with the standard apologize for the inconvenience message on the screen. My bills are twice what the deal was quoted at which was the $80 a month so I'm paying more than I was paying at Spectrum for far ** service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

I have had WOW since September 2014. I put up with their service as $42 a month was a deal. However now paying $65 and it has got worse as I am constantly resetting the cable box and when streaming soccer matches I have to reboot the page as screen freezes or the picture lags. WOW has been out several times and found no issue with the equipment.

I have been a WOW! customer for 3 years and hate it! However, this is the only Internet in my area. The internet is very slow. I have 30 Mbps. My speeds is as slow as 15Mbps. When using the internet the computer constantly stops and have to continue to load and reload. The WI-Fi is very slow. When other devices are connected to Wi-fi, it just show loading. It never stops! I called WOW! to complain. After being passed around several times, I finally spoke with someone who continued to repeat himself. He told me that there were no supervisors to speak with and that I had to hold again. I was on hold for 23 minutes.

When the guy came back on the phone, he apologized and said that I will have to wait for a callback. This could take up to 3 days! I asked what to do about the internet. He replied, "Reset it." I did this several times without any results. He said, it was my computer. I have 3 different computers to which the same occurs. He suggested that I pay more money for a higher speed. I already pay 60.00 for just internet! I don't want to pay more. My service should be working. He said, "Well consider paying more to fix the problem." I was appalled! Do not get WOW! Internet! The internet speed and Wi-fi is horrible! Getting through to a supervisor is next to impossible. The supervisor never called me back but they did send me a customer service survey! Really!

I have been a loyal customer for well over 10 years. I have my account set up on direct pay - so it's auto paid out of my bank account. The internet service is often poor. Each year, or sometimes sooner, they try to jack up the prices on you. You can negotiate it back down sometimes if you get tough with them. When you call the customer service line - you better be able to speak Spanish. More often than not, your call gets routed Central America. The phone service is not always great. They have messed up my business by taking my calls off auto forward... And I have lost customers because I did not respond to their calls... as I had no idea I was not getting them... Repairs vary - often they are late. The repair staff however is always decent. The only reason I do business with WOW is that the other cable companies in Ohio are even worse. Wow sucks. Really sucks, but the other providers suck even worse.

They refuse to do anything about the number of robocalls, spoofed numbers and other scammers using their system. Other providers are now blocking these calls using an FCC approved system, called Nomorobo but WOW does and will not. Management does not care. The result is numerous harassing calls using their phone system.

Cable kept cutting out, 5 to 25 times a day, worse late at night. 1st call was a very nice gentleman with great customer service skills. A tech arrived 2 days later and fixed the weak signal problem, or so we thought. Same problem persisted. I called three days later and became acquainted with a woman who desperately needs a job far from any public contact. I requested a service call that day, not an unreasonable request given the circumstances. I was told that probably wasn't happening and gave a cell # to let me know when someone could come out. 6 days - and no call later - I contacted Spectrum. Contacted Wow this morning to terminate this afternoon. They cut everything off immediately. Vindictive certainly wins over the customer. This is but my 1st stop on a Wow-bashing tour of social media. Consumer beware!

We have had nothing but ongoing intermittent loss of service through WOW's ineptitude. We routinely lose channels for hours at a time which mysteriously pop back up; yet, the stock answer from Customer Service is a technician needs to come out and even worse, "we are not experiencing any issues" when we find out through other sources that they indeed are. Final word: THE WORST. Stay away. We are researching alternative services that are more reliable and appreciative of their customers.

I only had Wowway for a little while. I then went back to Comcast, I put my order in on the 6th of March and they installed it on the 13th. But when Comcast came out there was a problem. The phone wasn't ported over, and of course it was customers services fault. So then here is don't have a phone, so the fun begins. And I contacted the porting department at Wowway today and talked to a Mary and she said that it was ported over to Comcast on the 17th and to contact customer service (wow), tell them to read the comments and disconnect and release the phone number. And everything should be good go. Well I still don't have a phone, so this phone number no longer belongs to Wowway and they need to give me my number.

I have had WOW for about 7 months. This is the 2nd time both services went down. I called them today, Thursday March 16 and they can't send anyone out till Sunday. Unbelievable! The internet is slow too. Plus you get charged for when you have no services. I'm over poor customer service. Moving on...

I signed up for internet and phone service. The internet speed was supposed to be 60 Mbps but never clocked higher than 28 Mbps and I could never use Safari. After complaining and the company never doing anything to correct the issue, I switched to Spectrum. I called on Feb. 1, 2017 the date of the end of the billing cycle, and canceled service. I then received a bill the next month for service that was terminated. I was charged because they said I was told I had to return their equipment the next day, which I never was told that! After speaking to an acting supervisor, to no avail I paid the amount. This company has such terrible ratings because of issues like these. Consumer BEWARE!!!

I've switched (cable/internet/) from Comcast to WOW. Well, I guess you get what you pay for. Our family has several laptops and smart phones. We noticed immediately the slow download time on the internet, which measured as slow and very slow. As WOW is landline, we could not install our WiFi printer, which had been very convenient previously with Comcast as we could print from any device anywhere in the house. This is very important point if you use WiFi devices, which "attach" to your computer, laptop, iPad. The TV remote is much more intuitive and can record an entire series, not just one episode. Gee, this sounds like a commercial for Comcast aka Xfinity.

Also VERY IMPORTANT if your home phone if/when you cancel WOW and you do not mention you are switching to another carrier, your phone is immediately cancelled. We LOST our phone number! Also the first bill was for $154.09 not the $94.99 the salesman who came to my door promised. Save your contracts and be willing to stand your ground on the phone.

Customer service is one of the things which customers considers when buying a product or service. The other thing is the quality of your product or service. So, I'm sure you understand how important it is. A great customer service will not only give you a satisfied customer but also a loyal one. However, I've felt we have been too loyal to Wow. For months even years we have seen money go out the window, we've seen issues with cable, phone and the internet.

On Friday I contacted Wow about our issues and got a really nasty representative who had me on hold because she could not deal with my anger. Saturday February 18, 2017 I dialed in again and finally spoke with a professional named Shanita who was awesome. She went above and beyond her duties to try to assist me even looking at our account to see where saving could be met. Shanita is what customer service used to be when people actually cared.

Fast forward to 2pm same day our system (CABLE still wasn't working), and with two kids and me trying finishing my master's online I was in a place of sheer disgust. May I make a suggestion? WOW needs to implementing live chat software, a great version of live chat software is www.heybubble.com, it cuts down wait times and allows operators to answer multiple customer needs at one time while providing genuine answers not cookie cutter answers that a lot of companies have been using especially YOURS. Wow doesn't make your customer want to come back. Your company is not friendly from some of the representative I've spoken to. As a customer I do not feel at home with WOW. I feel taken advantage of. Please GET MY system up and Running or stop taking our money.

We have had so many issues with this service. I wanted to write you to make you aware that the Pinellas location is absolutely horrible! It all started when the guy come out to install our service. He did a good job we thought until we looked out back and saw a dangling wire going across our backyard and the side of our house. Turns out he cut wires to a company that no longer exists. When we called customer service to have someone come out and take care of it. We were told that cutting another company's wire is illegal and would not send anyone out.

Not only that but they sent out a nonDVR box and the store is only open M-F 8-5 which are the hours we work. So we had to wait a whole week for another guy to come out and deliver the correct box. I just called now to cancel the service because I am switching to Bright House and was told that I can take the boxes to the store that is only open when I am at work. Overall this was the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

Switched to WOW for the price. It was a complete disaster from the start. I got the speed I was paying for, for less than one day. I figured it was growing pains, so I gave it a couple of days. I was made to feel it was my house network problem. But I disconnected all but one computer. It was on them. $50 if you are a no show for a appointment, nothing if they are late. When you disconnect service after 53 minutes on the phone, you are directed to return the equipment immediately or be charged. The drop-off is more than a hour from my house. They are crooks and will try scare tactics to keep you as a hostage customer. They are all about themselves, not the customer. There should be a class action lawsuit to punish them for the way they behave.

I started having intermittent service outage issues with my cable service in November 2016. Between November and January 2017 I received 4 service tech visits including service supervisor. In short, my service was connected (4 years ago) to COMCAST equipment at the pole. When I received my bill in January, they charged me for ALL the service visits and did not even offer a credit for the service outage. After speaking with a CSR on January 24th, a $170 credit was offered (3 tech visits and $20 for outage). I requested the revised January balance and paid it. On February 13, I received a $331.00 bill with a $120 past due amount. After 5 phone calls to WOW attempting to resolve the issue, I decided to cancel my service effective February 16, 2017. To top it off I CONTINUED to have service outages. If you are researching Cable and Internet services, I would definitely NOT recommend WOW.

Awful! Called because my neighbor got our building condemned. WOW! actually told me I should have called to make sure the place I was moving allowed WOW! services or should have gone to a shelter until I could find something. Now they think I should claim my early termination fee on my renter's insurance... I'm not claiming my $1300 TV that was ruined because I do not want the higher rates, what makes them think I would claim my early termination fee... Worst customer service ever! Life she never happen to you if you have Wow!

This cable company has lousy service. Would not recommend them. Going back to Comcast. The tv freezes often. I leave my TV on when I'm gone for a reason. Automatically goes into a Wow screen if no activity. Constantly asking you to restart. Customer service representatives aren't knowledgeable. Paid bill at payment center. Now they say it takes 8 days for them to get payment. Have receipt. Paid it 3 days ago. Now you say you're going to cut my service. Fine. I will be disconnecting my service period.

I have literally have had the worst customer service with Wow. They raise your rates without notice. The Wi-Fi and cable are constantly dropping at home. They have been out several times and we still have issues. Whenever I call in for support the hold times are horrendous. To top it off at our business when I call, it again takes forever to finally get to the right person, then they say that will contact you in regards to issues, and they NEVER call back. Customer service is NOT difficult!

I was using WOW cable and internet services, the bill was always changing - going up and down - so I purchased a HD antennae. I returned the first box in September 2015 and the second in January 2016 and disconnected my cable but kept the internet access. In October I was relocated and disconnected my WOW internet. I received a bill in November showing I had a credit of $26 and change. In December I received a bill for $605 for equipment not returned. I had thankfully kept my return receipts. I called WOW, stated I had the return receipts, they had no way for me to send the receipts to them for verification. Instead they offered to conduct an investigation.

I called WOW back in a couple of days and asked if they had found the equipment. The rep said the investigation had closed and I owed the balance. I demanded to speak with a manager, of course no one was available. I requested a fax number and finally he provided a fax number. I faxed all of my documents, called back to verify they had received my fax, but the rep could not. The next day I received a call from a collection agency stating WOW had turned over my account to collections. I disputed the collection, uploaded my return receipts to the collection agency's website. The agency sent the receipts onto WOW, my dispute was again investigated and I received a letter stating the investigation was closed and I still owed the $600+ charge.

I called WOW again, they said I needed to go directly to the customer service office in Augusta, Georgia and show them my receipts for my account to be credited. Now living in Minnesota this was not a viable solution, I had to ask a friend to go to the office in Georgia and show my receipts to WOW. She did just that, my account was finally credited and I received a letter that the Collection Agency had decided to no longer pursue the collection of funds. Worst customer experience ever. NOTE: Keep all receipts for WOW cable. They lost my equipment, failed to credit my account and then wanted me to pay for their lack of accountability. I ONLY GAVE THEM A 1 STAR BECAUSE I HAD TO FOR THIS RATING. THEY ARE A ZERO!!!

Long ago I had America's top cable that was bought by Wide Open West. Immediately, the problems started. That Christmas, everyone in my city was disconnected for six hours. I switched. I've been playing this 2 years bundle game with them for years! You can be standing next to your "gateway" and have no service! Slower than a turtle no matter how much you pay! And just try to disconnect! They'very taken a page from the Comcast playbook. You'll get an argument and charged but not disconnected. It's a complete mess and I'd rather deal with Comcast than these jokers.

I called about a problem. The next thing I know is my TV is not working so the person said they would send someone out that day. Well that was the first lie then when I called later in the day to see if they were coming I got yelled at for calling. So later I said that I thought someone was coming out and he said lie number 2 yes someone was. Well that was Tuesday. I finally got someone to come out on Friday. If I have another problem I will go back to the other cable company that I left for WOW! What a mistake. I WOULD never recommend this piece of crap cable company.

If you are looking around at different options for your internet service and cable, DO NOT look towards WOW. Excuse my language, but this is the ** connection I've had in all my years. We switched to WOW because of the cheaper prices, we figured, "sure it won't be as fast but it'll still work!" WRONG THIS WIFI IS SERIOUSLY HORRENDOUS!! I'm not one to leave reviews at all but after much frustration I feel it is my need to warn ANYONE that no matter the price WOW IS THE WORST COMPANY YOU CAN COUNT ON. My sisters and I are all in college, we all take classes online, I can not explain how frustrated I am that while taking online tests the wifi will just shut off completely, this past semester the wifi shut on me 2 times and I was not able to finish my tests, I emailed my professor the first time and called WOW, my professor told me there was nothing she could do about it. WOW apologized and said it wouldn't happen again.

Couple weeks later another zero! Aside from that on your day to day searches you probably won't get anywhere because nothing and when I say nothing, I mean ABSOLUTELY ZERO sites will load. On top it'll say loading and then you'll wait five minutes refresh then close the apps restart your computer and try again. This is an everyday thing. Mind you it's not my computer my sisters as well as my parents go through the same thing and we have a variety of products including Apple and Hp. IT'S WOW!! What really upset me today is that I've been trying to do use the Internet since 1:40 it's now 4:42 and nothing will load. Wow keeps going in and out.

I waited on hold for 17 minutes and when the woman answered I explained I was the daughter of the owner and my mother was not home. She told me well I can't do anything unless I have an account number, I told her okay can I give you the home phone and names connected to the account. Sure enough it worked, I further explained my frustration in a calm tone and all she had to say was "okay can I have your mom's last 4 digits of her social security number". Seriously!! I just told you I don't have that with me and that's all, no "I'm sorry that you're experiencing this" or anything. I told her, "I'm sorry I already told you I don't have the SS number, but I was hoping since you found our account you keep possibly send a signal to reset the wifi." No answer just, "is there anything else I can do for you." No absolutely not, you've done enough.

My family and I as well as my uncles and aunts and grandmother have decided to make the move from WOW to any other service, probably Xfinity and when I told the woman we were considering it, not a peep out of her. I work as a retail seller and when someone says they're not satisfied I do my best to make sure I can change their mind about us. I'm very disappointed and I want to spare everyone or anyone the complete scam and frustration of this company. THEY HAVE THE WORST CONNECTION AND SERVICE YOU WILL EVER DEAL WITH. Take my word I have no reason to lie. Look around at any other company and save yourself the constant headache! Wow the only wow thing about you is how ** your service is.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS INFERIOR COMPANY. Invited a young salesman into my home to explain the WOW program. Decided to switch even though it would cost me to do so. WHAT A DISASTER. My land line stopped working (internet-based) and the Wi-Fi quit functioning. I attempted to contact my salesman and only received an answering machine AND NO CALL BACK. He would not return my call. Several calls to the company proved to be a waste. Very unfriendly and unhelpful people. At the same time we received the billing. THE SALESMAN LIED!! Most everything he told us was untrue.

I switched back to AT&T and everything is fine. WOW does not provide shipping containers or anything else to return their equipment. THEY WANT YOU TO DRIVE ALMOST ONE HOUR to "drop it off." There is a cable and a bunch of flags going across our lawn. Repeated calls to have this stuff removed proved futile. NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU STAY AWAY.

After a citywide internet outage, I had to wait on the customer service phone line for more than 30 minutes as I tried to report it. I had to use WOW twitter to find out what was going on. The company was way behind in finding out what was causing the outage. Bad customer service. Even the whole city had experienced the near 2-day outage. One had to call into WOW's "hard to get a human" system and wait to ask for credit for the time without cable. Streaming for movies really is slow at times.

I'll start by saying, if you have a choice other than WOW cable, take it. WOW may be a great company elsewhere, but when they acquired Graceba, for some reason they kept the local systems; the bill pay for Dothan area is not integrated with the parent company, and it is the biggest POS ever. You cannot use it on a mobile device, if there is more than one bill on your statement you don't have the option to pay the one that's due immediately, you can only pay the statement amount.

I'm not IT by any stretch, but I could write a better website than this. Twice now I've tried to pay online on a desktop the day before it was due, payment did not "take" and my service was disconnected, and reconnect and late fees added, a 1 hour phone call to a rep out west somewhere that could not remove the fees but was glad to take my entire payment over the phone. Told I'd have to go to the local office to dispute fees. When you go to the local office you are greeted by people that appear they'd rather be anywhere but there, reluctant to admit they are wrong, etc etc... bad bad experience all around. THE ONLY reason I'm still with them is because I'm in a rural location and have no option but a dish, and it would have to go on the front of my house.

So for now I'm screwed. Our whole town shares the same sentiment, so much so our mayor is lobbying hard to get another provider out here. When we do, WOW will lose a good bit of business. What's worse is they are in the communications business and it's their worst attribute. Not sure why WOW hasn't divested of this wretched bunch down here.

Internet, per advertising, 39.99, my first bill was Wow!'s first lie. The rep. I spoke with assured me I wouldn't be billed until Jan, this was in Dec. Approximately 6 days later, I get a bill for 134.25! I don't have any small bundle package, no cable tv service!! It's a shame how a multi-million dollar company can't or won't deal honestly with their customers & potential ones. WOW! BY CHOICE choose to be deceitful, greed oriented & malicious, thugs!!

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Profile