Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Really frustrated and disappointed with Wow and it's On Demand services. I am not sure why they even offer the service, since I find on a regular basis that the content is not timely updated. I usually find myself having to watch a missed show on my computer or phone via the channel's app as opposed to On Demand because the show is not available On Demand. If the service isn't going to be timely updated, they should simply not offer it, as it defeats the purpose.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I'm in Clearwater, FL. In my opinion, WOW service sucks. I don't recommend them. I went with them to save money from Spectrum. What a mistake. I got the 100M Internet and cable tv.

1) The cable tv was flaky. Stuttering and dropping.

2) Internet would drop all the time. I have my setup so that I can remote in and get things off of equipment (servers) in my home. I would attempt to remote back in and the system would be down. I would call and they would have no explanation. I would get the service restored and then it would go down again. Vicious cycle of hell.

I called support, they could not fix and I left and went back to Spectrum. Their service works and is reliable.... Slightly more money, but you get what you pay for. Now the fun part. They sent me a termination fee after all my hell. Nice. Screw you WOW! It's a nice racket where you can put out a product that doesn't work and expect to be paid on a contract when it doesn't. You decide if you want the hell I had.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

15 Mbps Download and 100+ ping on a daily basis. This is all while paying for 1 Gigabit internet, which is 1000 Mbps for anyone who doesn't know. They gave us good internet for 2 weeks and then it went downhill from there. This is all while being hooked up to and Ethernet directly from the router. If you or someone who is living with you likes to play online video games, forget it. Their "Super Fast Internet" deal that we paid for specifically said on it that it is great for families with gamers and heavy internet users, but in practice at random times in an online game or a call you will get a consistent 100ms+ ping (which is horrible, normal ping from alright internet providers is around 15ms-30ms. At this point it's almost false advertising. I'd recommend a mobile phone hotspot over this joke of an internet provider. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have been a WOW! customer for over two years. Many, many times my 100 mbps Internet service has dropped out completely or struggled to even reach 5 mbps. I called customer service once to negotiate a lower price for the same service following the expiration of promotional pricing in my initial two year contract. The representative overseas really struggled to even find my account. After 20 minutes of answering the same questions repeatedly, he finally found the correct account. Then, I got to enjoy his company for another 40 minutes while he struggled to understand how his own company handled price changes on my account. Needless to say, I will not be selecting WOW! again when I relocate my family soon.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I've had WOW for a year & half. It started out great. My internet went out once during the 1st year. I figured it was being worked on so I accepted it. Now after my first year, my internet has gone out 3 or 4 times. That's how many times I've noticed. The last 2 times have been on Sundays.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have been a customer of WOW! for over a month. The first 3 weeks I had repair at my home 3 times and called re outages almost every day. Since I experience short 1 to 5 minute outages 10 to 15 times a day! This is unacceptable! I am going to be breaking my contract and going back to my old provider. WOW! is expanding, but should be fixing what they have. Do not sign up for service with this company!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This is the most unpleasant call I make every year in an attempt keep cable costs within reason. This year was worse given that the first price I was quoted and agreed upon for the next year was lower than what showed up on next months billing. The next call (month) to correct the incorrect billing resulted in absurd wait times and ultimate agreement on my part to switch to auto-pay for a slightly reduced rate and waive that month's cable bill. The next month I received the charge for the two months prior at a completely different (higher) rate than I was given before. The third rep gave me another rate, higher than the previous two and said she could not adjust because I had agreed to a year contract.

Three months, three different rates and being lied to by people that could hardly speak the English language while being placed on lengthy holds. I am so done with this company at the end of this year. I've been with WOW nearly twenty years and never had so much as a late payment. Hard to believe cable companies actually punish loyalty and continued patronage.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

In Nov. 2018 I upgraded to WoW Ultra bundle with a “ GUARANTEED “ price for 2 yrs as long as I didn’t cancel or change my service plan. This month (1 yr later) my bill was raised. I called WOW and spoke to Mary, who hardly spoke English, who stated a discount for the first 12 months had expired. I explained the “guaranteed” 2 yr contract I agreed to, and nothing in the agreement stated after 1 yr my bill would increase slightly. She stated, “I see you were NOT told about the increase after 12 months, so what I can do is give you a credit for this month.” So basically WOW wants me to keep my service the same or they would charge me a $360. Penalty but they don’t hold up their end of the deal of a Guaranteed price! Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Quite simply - being charged twice the rate for 4 years for the same service. Introductory rate 24 months at $34.99 per month (with autopay). After which current Regular rate of $54.99 per month (with autopay). Additional $10 a month for Modem. I was told by the customer rep that my bill was increased to $107 per month May 2015. They raised it without notification, encourage you to go with autopay, encourage you to go paperless. Which is only relevant in so far as the customer representative ask if I had received flyers indicating lower pricing. Being paperless - no, I did not. In short, the same service, the same plan, at twice the cost. Imagine how many seniors may be overcharged.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This is my 3rd time with WOW, you would think I would have learned! They came out 3 hours late (bad sign). The installer was a contractor. I had to remind him to do certain things. Within 4 hours after install the TV was acting up. By morning have zero TV, Internet or phone. Stayed on phone with a tech that hardly spoke English. Husband crawled around doing everything a tech should be doing. Have to be up by 7:45 am tomorrow.

I sent an email to the sales rep and told him I will not tolerate this again. Constant outages several times a month or work. Told him I will terminate contract if this happens again. I also told him that I will not pay the install fee. I am on a walker and my husband had to crawl around doing their job for an hour this morning. This is their one and only chance. I will cancel and NOT pay cancellation fee. NOW I remember WHY I left them the first 2 times, yup, done with WOW and will spread the word on Social media too.

Not sure about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information