1.64/5

252 WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

I switched to WOW about 45 days ago. The 2 days after it was installed the service went out. It took the three days to get another tech out to fix it and they only offered a $10.00 credit. I’m 45 days into the service and my cable has been out for another 3 days. Waiting on a tech to come fix it this time I get a $20.00 credit. Tech was suppose to be here between 8:00 am and 11:00 am. At 11:05 he called. Said he’s on the way. Equipment is bad, customer service is bad and technical assistance is bad. It’s cheaper than all the other cable services in my area and it shows.

Original review: April 24, 2019

They lie on the phone and say they will take care of the false bill and instead sent me to collections. I returned equipment, paid what was owed, drove three hours to return equipment as well as showed deed to house they could not service to and every month when I received a bill I called to correct. They would not give me management. They would have me go over details from person to person keeping me on the phone at least an hour each time. They play the game of passing you from person to person and keeping you on hold each time instead of sending you to correct dept from the start. I recommend not using this company.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

This would be a zero star review, but I am forced to give at least one. Customer service experience has been the worst I have EVER experienced. Not worth it just for this headache and ordeal I am now left with after discontinuing service. I was lied to and terribly inconvenienced involving plans my customer service representative made to have my equipment picked up. He told me it would be free of charge. They never showed up or even called that entire day, and are now charging me $250.00, AND I still have to drive an hour to drop the equipment off, which my customer service rep also claimed was impossible for me to do—he insisted they ONLY do technician pick-up.

On top of all this, they said they were reporting it poorly on my credit, because I didn't do all of this within 10 days of the letter...I literally received it just NOW, 13 DAYS later. Unbelievable. It is ridiculously difficult to talk to anyone there, and can't believe a word. All lies. Thanks a lot. Never going with this company again, and will be sure to tell everyone I know.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I been a WOW customer for years and I always ask myself why? They have the worst customer service in the whole world. I have called about their ON DEMAND service for years. They take days and sometimes weeks to update them and some programs disappear without ever being updated. Only once when I called did the technician contact the right department and added the programs I wanted that were missing. And they only added the ones I wanted and not all the missing programs.

Why do I have to call at all? Who is not doing their job? I called 3 times in the last 2 weeks and got nowhere. Today I was on the phone for an hour and when I asked for a supervisor, I was told they were busy. Twice I was put on hold for several minutes only to be transfer to another technician and I had to explain my problem all over again. All they want to do is send signals and have me plug and unplug etc. How can it be my box when it isn't just me? One time I went and exchanged my box at a main office.

While I was there I looked at their TV in their lobby and it didn't have the programs either!!! My son and brother have another cable company and their on demand is always updated on time and they also have over 230 HBO documentaries available. Want to know how many I have right now? Three! Yep only three. My premium channels have not been updated in over 2 weeks. Some of my local channels were updated yesterday after 2 weeks of waiting. Oh and I asked for a contact number for corporate and it was just another customer service number. I am so frustrated that this may be the last straw. I wish I could rate them minus stars!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Have been a WOW! customer for about 10 years. Prices have steadily gone up significantly every year without more channels or services. I recently tried to renegotiate my bill with good success, but it did include adding home phone service. This started the downhill disaster. The technician was at my home for over five hours---YES-FIVE HOURS-- and was only able to get one phone working. Not only that, but he moved all the DVR boxes around and I ended up losing all shows DVR'd.

I was told I had to upgrade my internet speed because he moved the media box from a central location to the second floor. Currently, my internet now works intermittently- with the upgrade. They were to send a phone specialist out the next day at 4 pm... who never showed--to address the phone problems. When I called customer service and 4:47 pm and 5:20 pm and spoke with a 'supervisor', he told me the technicians would 'call me directly.' They never called.

Day three--still have intermittent internet service and phone doesn't work. Day four--cable went out in one room--the one that has phone media box attached. Was on phone with customer service for 45 minutes who was unable to fix problem. Was told they could get technician out---but with no time frame. When you attempt to call customer service, beware---as they are located in Central American. The phone bleeps out every other word. Not to mention, they talk over you from reading their script instead of trying to listen to what the problem is. I have an appointment with AT&T U-verse to switch cable/internet/phone providers. The cable providers need to learn that customer service is key and frankly Wow! has decided that providing that is not one of their big priorities---nor is good cable/internet service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: March 25, 2019

WORST COMPANY EVER! This would be a ZERO STAR but it forced me to pick one. Had Internet installed on 1/19/2019 and cancelled it on 2/14/2019 after not receiving the Internet speed I was sold. It was less than 10MBS for upload and download speed. I specifically asked about the speed and stated to the service guy I worked from home and the internet needs to work as advertised and stated in my contract. I was also told you only pay for your service after the month not before - Crock of **.

I received a full bill plus a partial day on January 25th!!! I just had it installed. When I called to cancel I confirmed with billing I would receive an adjusted bill since this one was not accurate and they said yes. I never received an adjusted bill, instead I received a bill the following month with the adjustment plus a LATE FEE of $10. ($10 bucks is $10 bucks and its principle). I called several times over the course of 2 weeks to rectify the late fee and pay my balance of 3.5 weeks of internet use. Nope. Couldn't get through, was put on hold for lengthy times (>20 minutes). Billing even came on the line and said Hello, Hello, acting like they couldn't hear me yet their service department could hear me fine!!! WTF is that about.

Finally got a hold of them after a third bill I received today with another late fee charge. They said they would remove the one late fee but not both. Seriously, your billing department can't bill properly or respond to complaints so you want to squeeze whatever money you can out of me because you sell top of the line but use OLD OUTDATED, **!!! This company is the worst I ever dealt with!! Do not use them. I will be filing with the BBB.

Original review: March 20, 2019

WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!! My 20 year old son wanted faster internet, and so I let him take the initiative to switch. Installed WOW 2/16/19, and hated the dated equipment/interface so disconnected on 2/16/19. On 3/15 they took $129 out of my Chase account. I called, and was on hold for over 15 minutes only to be told that I would not receive a refund for 4-6 weeks. I filed fraud through Chase and got my money back. Then on 3/18/19 I received a bill for $233.00. Called again, on the phone for over an hour without resolution.

The rep told me that I am being billed through 3/15, and the best she could do was reduce my price to $145. I asked her "how could I have your services through 3/15 when your tech removed my equipment on 2/16?" She said "good question!" She promised to try to resolve the billing issue, and return my call the next day. They still have not called me back, or resolve the issue. Further the tech that removed my equipment said that he cannot help me, and that I need to go back to customer service. HORRIFIC COMPANY, HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: March 15, 2019

This company will lie to you and hike up your prices without notification. I pay $175/m internet package of 500 Mbps - which is overpriced. Not only do I not receive this level of service, I have over 80% packet loss at any given moment. If you are unfamiliar to what packet loss is, it's essentially the data that's transmitted is lost and so any video/game/loading process is jumbled and takes three times as long. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. NEVER. Don't get swindled into signing a 2 year contract because you will be DISAPPOINTED and ROBBED.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have never spent more time on the phone with a business as I do with WOW. Their customer service is horrible as their wait times are always excessive regardless of the day or time I call. Our internet speeds are rarely what we are paying for whether wired or wireless. In addition, we have to constantly reboot our modem and router to maintain any sort of speed. Let alone the amount of phone calls to have a 'signal' sent to our modem. I am done.

Original review: March 2, 2019

WOW is defrauding customers by consistently not providing advertised speeds, then blaming poor download speeds on the cable modem, when the customer happens to own said modem. They have a compatibility list, which keeps changing. But even when you have a modem on this list, they are not giving you the speed they claim to provide. Then they blame the modem.

I ended up buying 3 different new modems in an attempt to correct this, before I caught on to the fact that there is nothing wrong with my original modem. In fact it is on their list of compatible modems, Motorola SB6120, even though they lie and say it is not. I reported this and their other fraudulent practice of charging more than the designated contract amount, to the FCC. In their response to this complaint, they lied again, claiming my modem isn't compatible when their own list says it is. The other thing about that list is that it contains a lot of older models that are not widely available for purchase. I think it is a ploy to get you to use their equipment and pay for rental fees. If you have other options, I would avoid this company at all costs. They are dishonest cheats with terrible customer service to boot.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

In an effort to pressure me into leasing their modem/router at an additional mostly cost of $10.00, WOW purposely began dropping and degrading my internet signal on 2/10/19 at 12:30 am. Before calling WOW, I unplugged my 3 year old modem/router four times; the signal quality was intermittent at best so I called WOW, case # **. I talked to Jason a supervisor, we performed some troubleshooting steps and that seemed to repair the issue.

Two hours later I began having the same connectivity issue, with no internet connection and inability to stream anything on my Apple TV. When I called back it was decided that a technician would come out and try and determine what the problem was, this was scheduled for the next day. I woke up the next morning and discovered that the signal quality had become stable again; so I called and canceled the technician coming out.

A day later I began having the same signal stability issues again, so I’m thinking maybe the problem is my 3-year-old mode/router so on 02/14/19 I went to Best Buy and purchased a new Netgear Nighthawk C7000 AC1900 at $210:00; an upgrade of my 3-year-old Netgear Nighthawk. That evening I called WOW to give them the MAC address and to bring the new modem/router online.

After I completed setup of the new modem/router, my signal quality seem fine again, so I’m thinking buying a new modem/router fixed the problem. This morning 02/15/19, I woke up and I could not get on the internet or stream anything on my APPLE TV. I called WOW again and scheduled the technician to come out again, case #**; they made it clear that the technician cannot or will not troubleshoot my new modem/router therefore I have to buy their modem/router if I want reliable service. Since buying a NEW modem/router for no reason, I know that the problem is with WOW’s intermittent signal issues. I do not want to buy WOW’s modem/router and shouldn’t have to in order to get reliable service.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been a customer of my only rural landline phone/internet provider available to my area since mid 1990's beginning with Graceba.net then WOW!. With WOW! I cannot call their service to find out info I need in a timely manner. Instead, they will have someone to call me at their conveniences, sometime in the future for me to receive needed information to make a decision based on financial factors. To be fair, more so than they are, reporting outage, problems via my phone regarding phone/internet service can be accomplished, but nothing else. Their product is not a TOP SECRET issue, etc. so why, such a policy is part of their??? Such policies can and do cause problems between customers and companies... So I ask, "WOW!, why do you?" P.S. due to my elderly age, there is a good chance that I will not be around to take their call when they decide to call me. Duh!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

This provider which is capable of running 1 GBPS (1000 Mbps) speed lines, and "supposedly" did so for 95% of their customers, bought out the old provider where I live and refuses to upgrade any of the 15 yr/old+ DSL lines that are the sole internet connection we have in this area other than satellite internet, which is useless for most purposes. WOW is also charging us $65-$85 a month (plus random charges, like fixing their own equipment at our houses that is old and breaks randomly) for this terribly laggy, connection-dropping ~300 KBPS service because they know that they are our only option.

They also know how terrible they are as well, because if you call their helplines they have set it up to throw you from robot to Indian call center to robot to Indian center until you give up trying to voice any form of complaint. Avoid WOW internet services at all costs. I'm almost positive that any positive review of this provider that you may find online are probably listed by the company itself to desperately prop itself up.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

WOW! is now charging $2 for paper billing - up from $1 per month previously. My rented box went out/stopped recording and all of my stored recordings were dead and no new items were being added. We called WOW!'s service number to arrange a time for someone to come by to repair it - the service person stopped by to swap it out. He came an hour earlier than the 2 hour time block that we were given, but I didn't mind so much since I had arrived home early from work. After he was done, I didn't have to sign anything and wasn't informed of a $50 "Truck Roll Charge" plus an access recovery charge that was added to my bill.

We no longer have a local office to conduct business. My bill was suddenly over $50 more than the previous month. (This was also after a small increase from the month before.) This isn't the 1st time that the box has malfunctioned over the past 4+ years of using Knology/WOW! for our cable, internet and phone. There was no fee charged in the past as we were renting the box. The phone and internet go out on occasion - I assume for upgrades, etc. Guess it's time to find a new provider.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

BEWARE- BEWARE- first off I wanna say I wish I could Leave 10 Negative Stars, this company is the worst internet company I have ever dealt with since wifi has been out. Customer service never provides what they say on phone. They lie, when they come out to fix the problems none of their specialist are even smart enough to fix the ongoing problems since I started never got over 32MBPS when I was paying for 100+ MBPS. The On Demand Never works, They are worst company I've ever dealt with in my entire Life! I feel super bad for anyone that locks themselves in contract with them, I had to cancel them because since day one for 7 months straight they still haven't fixed my Wifi!

If you live in Brunswick DO NOT USE WOW!.THEY ARE A SCAMMING COMPANY THAT WILL NOT PROVIDE WHAT YOU NEED LET ALONE YOU WILL never get the wifi speeds you're paying for which means their contract is invalid since day 1! Phones calls never returned to fix the ongoing problems. I'm super happy with new cable and wifi company. Never using WOW! ever again and making sure I start anti-WOW! cable website to warn the people!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Constant resetting of boxes, pixelated screens, loss of internet almost weekly if not daily. They charge for everything, such as, a video magazine and service calls. Original price quoted was less than what I’m billed for... Customer service said they’ll listen to recording of phone quote but never charged the agreed upon price. Technicians cut wires and made spaghetti— a complete mess in attic and on side of house... Be warned, grass is not greener.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I called WOW to have new services. The price was pretty go so I moved forward. My install date was for Saturday January 11th between 9-11am. WOW's automated system called me every day that week to remind me of my appointment. The day of, I got up early. I waited & waited. It was now after 12pm. I called & they stated the technician came & no one was home. The dispatcher I spoke with could tell that I was sitting in a completely empty quiet home so there is no one the tech rang my bell & I didn't hear it. They would not agree to do a roll back around. They wanted me to reschedule & they offered me a $30 credit. I refused! The technician never rang my bell & I refuse to do business with such a company!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had DirecTV, and my only complaint the bill. So switch to WOW and I've had it now two days and I have to keep resetting box because it keeps losing media gateway. I called and the earliest appointment was two days away. I guess the saying is true. Grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Can't wait till the contract is over. Going back to DirecTV.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I recently purchased a new home on December 7th. I started calling Wow on Dec 5th to get service, started a ticket because it is a new property. Was originally told to wait 5 to 7 days for a callback and have my address added to the system and do a service check. After the 7 days no call back so I called them to be told my address cant be found on the postal service website, I assured them that I was registered and receiving mail at my home. After a few minutes they agreed to do another service ticket and to wait another 5 to 7 days.

Again after the time no one bothered to call me back. I called again to be told yet the same thing and to wait another week or so because of Christmas coming. Here we are December 28 and calling again to be told to wait. Well the wait is over, I will be going with someone else. My concern is if we get the problem resolved and I get service with them and have an issue will I have to wait for them to help me. Funny if I had service and owed them money they would expect a quick response from me. I will tell everyone that I know about my experience and to run far away from Wow. Now I get the name Wow, thats the reaction people get when they get a call back from this terrible company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I work at a mortgage company in downtown Clearwater Florida. We depend on our internet service. We've been having trouble for weeks and haven't been able to get anyone to come out. Finally, I got an appointment for today (December 18th) which was confirmed twice and then cancelled with no call and no show. I had a previous appointment for tomorrow from 9am to 11am which has been cancelled. Now they tell me they will arrive some time tomorrow from 8am and 9pm. What am I supposed to do? Sleep at the office and hope a tech will arrive. I've never experienced such bad customer service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

After finally getting too frustrated to watch glitchy cable and deal with internet service that is not working for hours every month I canceled my service when the contract was over. Then they charged me $75 saying I never returned a piece of equipment that I never had. We had their service for 3 or 4 years and only ever had one TV in both houses that we lived in. They say I had a 2nd cable box for basic cable which was not true. In looking at their convoluted bill I now see that I have also been charged for that 2nd cable service for the entire time. Thinking of signing up? Don't do it. We switched from Comcast because their customer service was (and still is) a nightmare. At least with Comcast you get great internet and cable.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Apparently I signed up for a two year contract when I called to talk to them about lowering my bill. Then the internet service took a nosedive. ** Just a tip I learned - if you want real service from someone qualified - you have to have a technician out 5 times before they send out the lead technician. And they won't credit your bill unless they have a record of your calls. So call every day. **

I wanted to leave, but they can't tell you if they will let you out of your contract until after you leave. (So you know WOW will charge you an early termination fee no matter what!) Downgraded to internet only and even though I specifically asked 3 times if it extended my contract obligation (and was told no) - I called today to hear that I signed a one year contract! Both the rep and the manager tried to "handle" me. And neither could do a thing about it. The manager offered me a $10 credit on my bill - smdh! Only 8 more months to go...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

On June 25th, 2015 at 0902 hrs, I returned a modem that we were renting from WOW!. WOW! has continued to charge me the rental fee until present day. They scanned it into their system as returned however did not remove it from my bill, which for some unknown reason they must do manually. The overcharge totals $294 + taxes, and they are telling me it's in me for not catching that someone didn't do their job. While at the same time, the modem had been reissued to other customer(s) whom were also charged the rental fee on the same modem. They are only offering to credit $7-$42 of the funds fraudulent collected from me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

When the technician installed my WOW! internet and phone cable he was unable to get my phone to work. We could call out, but when calling my number, it was forwarded to another person's voicemail. He was unable to correct the problem and told me my phone was "probably too old" and told me to get a new phone, and if that didn't work the "operations' would have to solve the problem. I hooked up a new phone and had the same problem. Then I called WOW! Customer service, the rep was very professional and worked with me for almost 1/2 hour and still couldn't correct the problem. She made an appointment for another tech to come out and told me if he can't fix it "operations" would have to take care of it.

The next day a tech came out, could not fix the problem even after being in contact with his technical support. He was here almost an hour and by the time he left I had no phone service at all, I could not call out and all calls to my phone were still being forwarded to some else's voicemail. Again I was told, "operations" would have to fix the problem. After a few days and still no phone service and never being contacted by anyone from WOW!, I called Customer service again and went through the same routine with the same results, no phone service.

Again, I was told "operations" would have to address the issue. During this time I received my bill for phone/internet service, which I paid. Finally, after 3 weeks of never having any phone service, that was already paid for, I called WOW! and canceled my service. I don't think they have an "operations" department, and this is just a way to blow off their customer. Now I have to find another provider that will provide phone service that is paid for.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Signed a contract for internet, phone and TV. Constant problems from day one and finally had to change to a different company. Charged early term fee for a contract that WOW could not fulfill. Absolutely terrible service/customer service. Nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

WOW has a wonderful way of increasing revenue. 1. Lose your check. 2. When you call in and pay by credit card and have bank call to tell them you did send the check, and a stop payment is issued, they drop the late charge. 3. Mysteriously the check arrives the next day, they submit it and wonder of wonders it has a stop payment on it. 4. Wow now charges you $40 for a bounced check. 5. They try again the following month because they will no longer take your check because it bounced!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We moved and did not have Wow coverage at our new location. I received a call shortly after we sold our house asking us to disconnect our service so that the couple who purchased the home from us could begin their contract with Wow. The representative on the phone said nothing about a disconnect fee and because I was on an autopayment schedule, I guess I assumed they wouldn't close the account until after the final payment came out. I received a bill in the mail a few weeks later stating that I owed what was left for the days since the last payment (understandable) but that I owed a $100 disconnect fee.

This is outrageous. The Wow representative called me and asked me to cancel yet they are charging me $100!!! I refused to pay it and was sent to a credit management company for claims. They then insisted the only way to get out of it is to pay it and then try to fight the company. I'm flabbergasted. Why would I be charged when I had no option to continue my service at the new house location and the representative asked me to disconnect service.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I Disputed WOW Cable and Internet pro-rating methods on service I paid in full via credit card and canceled 1 week after services began. I used one (1) week of internet and their pro-rating said I used two (2). I tried to dispute it with WOW way representative to no avail, so I disputed it with Capital One Bank. Capital One Bank credited the amount of my payment to my credit card statement. WOW took the full amount and added returned check fee and sent me another bill... Three (3) what they claim I originally owed them.

I am a disable senior citizen and cannot afford an internet, cable and phone company that continually raises the rates charged for services. Then when you cancel and dispute the prorating methods and fees, charges and fines to the bill. I tried to resolves this matter with the Better Business Bureau. And WOW insists that I owe them Three (3) times what they originally claim I owe them... Pay to dispute charges or pay more than what you owe... WOW Cable and Internet suck... Shame on WOW!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I see I am having the same issues as everyone else, this company lies to its customers. I had Wow! Way service and before I signed up I asked the rep if I move out of Wow! Way service area is there an ETF because I had just went through the same issue with Comcast. He told me No. Within that year my job shut down and transferred me to a different state that Wow! Way does not cover and I have been charged an ETF. Not only that but I called to cancel service and was told to turn in the equipment, on my credit report there are 2 charges from you and I was continually billed after canceling service. I need this issue resolved and removed from my credit report ASAP!

Updated on 10/16/2018: So WOW! sent me an email urging me to call in. The rep I spoke with kept telling me my pin and ssn was wrong then asked for last transaction which I gave to her. She said she was putting me on hold to review the account and she hung up on me, so you think she called back? No!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I work from home and my internet service on my hardwired computer was constantly intermittent. My signal would drop repeatedly. Wi-fi and phone was the same. Every time I called in, notes were not maintained. Every technician that arrived here would find completely different issues, each would express amazement that the last rep that came here to service this account missed certain issues. I have spent endless hours on the phone with technical service reps telling me there is nothing wrong with my signal, and then do a speed test showing 1 mbps upload and 1 mbps download. They would issue me credits which did not cover my loss in wages. They wanted to charge me an early termination fee for disconnecting their service which they could never get to work properly. Now I have disconnected their service screwed that up too. They owe me money and it's taken another hour and a half rectify the situation.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information