1.28/5
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 19, 2018

191 WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm paying for 30 meg, they say only guarantee 80% of that. Most of the time I get less than 1. Anyone who asks for 1 yr. contract, knows their service is no good. If I could get 80% all the time, I would be happy. Not right but satisfied.

Original review: April 13, 2018

It really sucks when there are NO other options for internet services in your area. I am stuck with WOW and the crappy service that cuts out often. I wish there was another cable company around so there could at least be some competition for customers. WOW raised my rate once again, and didn't notify me about the increase so now I have to pay the extra charges plus a new higher monthly fee. Why can't these companies do something nice for loyal customers?!?

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I've used WOW for as long as I can remember, and for the last few years now there have constantly been random periods of time where I'll lose internet or speeds drop dramatically even with the higher speed options. I've noticed that while using a VPN, my internet speed seems to increase almost double which leads me to believe they're throttling speeds based, potentially based on the amount of bandwidth being used or the time of day. That said, I don't know if there is an ISP you can trust these days.

Original review: March 31, 2018

All I can say is wow! This stinks! Internet drops, slow as heck. TV is pixelated and picture quality is bad. So many complaints! Let's see where do I begin... Sales rep, Shaun **, lied about pricing, complained and he stated that he gave me a credit. I did not even have the service for 20 days. Called to cancel. Found out bill was higher than he promised. So one lie after another. Customer service is a joke! Without making this too long, bottom line stay away. We went back to old cable company and am now very happy. Not worth it! It's like cable from the 80's was better.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Internet constantly runs slow and drops out. I have the misfortune of having their Ultra service. I have just about worn out their reset button. TV service frequently locks up or pixelates. They send out a service person and he doesn't do anything. Recently upgraded to 60 mbps hoping it might be better. I could should have just thrown my money away. As much as I hate Comcast they are on the horizon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: March 24, 2018

WOW is a great way to describe the terrible customer service. I called WOW when I bought a house and let them talk me into a promo package with Internet 500. I called and asked to be changed to Internet 100. They messed that up. Instead, they moved me to a 30M package that isn't even on the website and further costs more than the Internet 100. Every month I have had to get on the phone with them about something on the bill that should not be there and was not there the previous month. If they'd look at my first bill from November 2017 they'd see the new two year agreement for the right package. But for some reason they felt the need to change my contract to a renewal rate. I will never have WOW as my provider again!

Original review: March 22, 2018

WOW says that my daughter signed up for autopay when she made an online payment. For argument's sake, let's say she did. Going forward they have continually deducted 2 months worth of bills at a time. She has asked to be taken off of autopay. After finally getting to a manager they agreed to refund the double deduction and take her off of autopay. They refunded the money to the bank. She then made a payment for what was due and the following day they again took out another double payment.

After calling and talking to a supervisor, he refused to credit back the money. He also refused to get her his manager to speak to her. She asked for the tapes of the last conversation. He first said he couldn't do it then changed it to saying it would take weeks. She again asked for the autopay to be stopped. He said no he wouldn't do that. This is just theft. She has filed fraud with her bank and has had to close her bank card. We have contacted an attorney who is looking into the case. Please be aware that this company has no scruples and are outright thieves. I really hope this can be taken to court. It has cost overdraft fees and monthly stress and they should be known for what they are. DO NOT USE WOW CABLE!!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

When we signed up for WOW, they were new to our area, we were excited about their reasonable rates and thrilled with their super helpful customer service. Both qualities are a thing of the past. We disconnected and went with another company because our new housemate was unwilling to put up with internet going in and out every day, not at all reliable or predictable. (I guess we'd gotten used to it.) When we called to let WOW know, we calculated that we had used about half of the last month we'd already paid for. We thought we'd get a refund for a portion of the prior month.

Instead, we were charged not only for the time we received intermittent service plus the week after we disconnected from WOW, started with Frontier, but before we informed WOW that we had moved on. But we were also informed that we would have to pay for an additional week. I took our WOW bill off autopay, and just this week a new bill arrived including $28.36 (for time not receiving their services) PLUS a $10 late fee and a new paper statement fee. Despite two phone calls explaining how customer service is so important to WOW's continued survival, asking for help on this and for the right thing to be done, I met a stone wall. I paid rather than have a late payment on my credit, but really feel badly that this company has gone so far south on their product, their ethics and their service.

We were actually really good customers, had never had a late payment in our tenure of approximately 4 years with them. I had spoken highly of them in the first two years and several friends signed up with their service. Now we can only apologize for the recommendation, and advise anyone looking for internet service to look elsewhere. I feel VERY strongly about this, and am concerned that the customer service employee, who sounded like a decent young man, is going to find himself with a company going down the tubes. WOW is going to have a hard time staying in business with its policies, ethics and service being so against their customers. I really hope he disassociates from WOW before it is too late and finds an admirable company to work for, one like WOW started out to be.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Currently have 30 mbps service for $64/month. 3-21-18 I called and wanted to downgrade to 10 mbps for the advertised rate (on their website) of 29.99/month. Was told that was for new customers with their own modem. Without modem it would be 39.99/month. I agreed, but was told it was only available for new customers. So I will cancel WOW service. Misleading website. They would rather lose a customer of years I suppose. Sad.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I wish I could give WOW! no stars. They are the worst. Do not use their services. I have had multiple issues with service, customer service, constantly adding/changing fees, several employees have flat out lied to me..."I can’t give you a confirmation number, you’ll have to take my word, I canceled your services LOL", "there’s no supervisor on the floor today," "I’ll have a supervisor call you right back," "your price is locked in for a year, no fee increase for a year," etc. Too many issues to write. I am done with WOW, their nonsense and unethical ways of doing business. Stay far away from WOW.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have had nothing but problems with this company. In one month I have had my cable box replaced 3 times. I got my second bill and was overcharged. I called them to inquire about the charges and was told that I was being charged for the last technician's visit. The customer service rep got rude with me and then hung up on me. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their products and services are outdated and do not work well. Their programming is terrible. The DVR is a joke.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

First I apologize for the long post. We have to have internet for certain things in life. We were with Insight but the prices went up too much. We cancelled and returned the equipment. Sadly we were a victim of companies switching inventory and doing a poor job of it. About a year after returning the equipment we got a bill for $600 from Time Warner to replace a cable box they no longer had in inventory. I have no doubt it was misplaced by them or one of the fly by night installers they hire stole it. Of course we kept our return slip for a while but yes we eventually threw it away. So long story short after arguing with Insight/Time Warner/Spectrum for 2 years I paid $300 so they would not ding my credit. I would have spent more on legal fees to prove we don't have it. I will not do dial-up or satellite internet because it isn't worth it.

Our kiddos stream Netflix and Hulu so if it is constantly loading it's miserable. So we chose WOW! We have had nothing but one bad experience after another. The quality of the internet was horrible. It was constantly not working. I would call and report it. Of course like most service business they are trained to make you think the problem is on your end. Once they check and see you do NOT rent a modem from them (which I would never do because it will be crap) they will tell you the modem is bad. So you will have the pleasure of arguing with them about that and they will tell you it cost a service fee for them to come out. They will send a tech who isn't trained and will fumble around confused. You may get lucky though and get that one who is trained and is honest (please capture if you do so he/she can train the others). The tech eventually found out after making several calls that the issue was on WOW!'s end.

Their connection on their pole was not secure. Several were loose. The tech did fix the issue. He even came back after he left...to get his tools he forgot. After the problem was fixed on their end and not my modem as they always blame that brings me to their billing. I am aware of promotional prices and how they change. I started my service at $40 a month then it went to $50. I think a reminder would be a nice heads up for customers who use autopay. Nevertheless $10 didn't break us. What was upsetting was they slow down the internet which was not part of the deal. They said they had a price change when I called them. They proceeded to do their sales pitch and eventually said they would increase my speed back to what it was and the fee was $50 a month... Now here I am today and another increase has happened but up to $70 a month.

This company is sneaky and will do what they can to get one over on a consumer. I am sure that bonuses etc are being made by the upper managers by these practices. I could be wrong. It could just be greed that is this company's motto. When I called about the issue this time and asked why I never received a bill or information about it somehow we were checked for paperless billing...it's like a bad magic show that makes kids cry. Think about how many customers (elderly people, naive people) just handing over money...sad! I have cancelled them and now will have to research where I get my internet from in the future. WOW! is a dirty company and doesn't care about its customers. Sadly I feel it represent how our society has shifted. I am sure some people love WOW! but I wanted my experience to be out there so others can make a more informed decision.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My number one concern and dissatisfaction with WOW! Internet Cable and Phone lies in the cost. It's always an introductory price for a year. And I agree but I just don't like it. If the price was stable and not varying I believe they would have a stable and growing customer loyalty.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

They have mastered the nickel & dime game. Digital adapter $4.00. Enhanced receiver upgrade-HD/DVR $13. Paper statement fee $1.00. Sports surcharge fee $ 2.00. Internet upgrade $ 30.00 still very slow. Broadcast TV fee $12.90. Now some of these things you can call them about and they will sometimes offer to take $10.00 off of your bill but keep in mind that usually involves a 30 minutes of waiting on hold and sometimes talking to 3 different people. I think sometimes they do this just to get you to hang up.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I was told by the door to door salesman I would get free install but it was charged on my 1st bill. 1 year later I called 11/27 to cancel cable and continue with internet only. The rep on the phone told me it would cost $40 after I negotiated the price. My next bill was $25 higher than with cable & internet. I called at 1218 and after a 25 minute phone call the rep confirmed they made a mistake but said my wife had to re-confirm the account change.

My wife was not available, we called back the same evening and that rep said we had to wait for the previous rep or a supervisor to call back, I told her the prior rep advised my wife and I both to call back - she then put me on hold for 20 minutes to come back and say she changed the account at $70/month. I advised the price was $40/month. The rep then said I have to wait on a supervisor to call my phone and to make sure my wife was available. I asked if we could add my name on the account and the rep said we could only do so in person at a local office but there is no office in my town.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

After many years with another provider, I decided to switch to WOW as they promised 500mbs download speed with their internet service. At first the internet speed never reached 150mbs. I had them come out a few times to try to get the service up to the promised 500mbs, but they were never able to get it there. They did get it up to 240mbs. The last time their agent came out, he was rude and told me that the problem was "me"… Really? At that time I decided to switch back to my previous provider. Then last week they sent me a bill for $390??? I called to discuss and have now been on hold about 30 minutes with no resolution. Buyer beware, I have found WOW to be a business with misleading advertising and when you try to hold them accountable to give you what you are paying for they deflect and avoid the customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

WOW does better than our previous provider ATT in reliability and customer service, but it is far from great! There has to be a better way to see entertainment than to provide me with 100 channels I never watch.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

When I signed for a two-year contract for internet I was told transferring services would not be an issue if ever I needed to move. When the day came that I needed to move for a new job and they didn't have services in that area, and the only options they could give me were to continue paying for services I no longer received, transferring my service to a relative in which my name would still be on the bill and credit still on the line, Or terminating my service... in which they would charge me an outrageous early termination fee.

I called customer service multiple times to complain about the issue and see if I can get a reduction on the early termination fee but I had multiple issues. I was hung up on, told I would be assisted at a later date in which they would call me and never did... After I finally called back after days of not hearing back, I was placed on hold multiple times and eventually was told there was nothing they could do. Each customer service representative had a different excuse as to why the early termination fee needed to be taken whether it be the fact that I had bought my own modem or that I had signed a contract or that they didn't have services in my new area and that was my fault, all came up with different excuses.

Approximate time on hold was about 30 minutes each call and their number of people I talked to each time averaged about 3. All in all I think I spent a full day's work on the phone with WOW! customer service representatives and talk to a dozen people in the end getting nowhere and still having to pay an outrageous fee. To charge a loyal customer who had paid on time, who had moved to a vastly populated metropolitan area where they didn't have services, is a scammer's way to make money off of good people. I will never request services again from WOW! nor do I recommend them to anybody. I would give them less than 1 star but that isn't an option.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Paid for HD TV package and never received HD reception. Every day I had to reboot the box, after a year of problems the company blamed the installer for not replacing coaxial cable in the house.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When I signed-up with WOW 12/18/2014 my bill for internet and cable T.V. was well below $100/mo. I agreed to the terms with the caveat that my mo. bill NOT be raised without my permission. WOW raised my bill. I agreed to their most basic service - again with them agreeing NOT to raise my bill without my permission. They raised it to ~$125/mo - I was very busy and did nothing - WOW raised it to over $125/mo. - I contacted WOW customer service - after nearly an hour on hold ALEX (Nicaragua) answered and was able to get my basic cable to $97/mo. + state sales tax. My first bill after this - over $130/mo. I contacted WOW customer service and after one hour on hold ROSE (Nicaragua) answered... No record of lower bill - just my (recorded) agreement to a one year commitment.

I posted a nasty note on the WOWWAY Facebook page - Leslie e. mailed me and said she would 'look into it' - she sent me an updated e. mail with 'all the dates and changes to my account'... FULL of lies. My bill came today - WOWWAY has now raised my basic internet and cable T.V. to $178.38/mo. I am now speaking with an attorney to file fraud charges - I am certain they are based in Nicaragua for a reason - NO U.S. extradition. I will cancel my service and they will ultimately get away with fraud. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER do any business with WOW... TOTAL fraud.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Many issues with WOW: problems with phone service disconnecting calls, TV often shutting down, and extremely long waits for customer service. Living in a large community, you see repair trucks very often.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have to jump through hoops to get WOW not rob me with price increases. My bill jump 3 times in the last 4 months (Mike at 1-866-496-9669) confirmed that. And I have been dealing with WOW for 6 years and even though I am not the account holder my husband is, WOW reps have never had a problem making changes with me. Now after 50 minutes on the phone jumping through hoops to get a promotional deal, which is a scam, I'm being told they need to speak with my husband to do it. What a crock, they've never had a problem speaking with me before. And why do I have to go to 3 different departments to get a lower price, I feel like I'm on the "Let's Make A Deal" show.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I understand a hurricane came thru 11 days ago. But what I don't understand is that Duke had millions without power and managed to get it done in 6 days. Now WOW cable on the other hand, I've been on the phone everyday on hold for at least 30 min to 1 hr at a time only to get it will be fixed by Monday which was yesterday. And of course nothing now. They tell me someone will call in 48 hrs. This cable company lacks in all fields. Stay away from them. Customer service horrible, field rep's are all young and do not the best work. Good luck with business WOW. You guys have along way to go!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I've been waiting for 3 hrs. and 15 min. for the WOW representative to arrive and fix a number of problems that have been ongoing for over 3 years. The appointment was scheduled for a time frame of 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and it is now 1:15 p.m. Of course I've also been on hold for 15 min. to determine if the repair man if truly coming today or not. Hideous customer service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had WOW Cable for less than 3 weeks the and the box goes out. Now they can only seen a tech out in 3 days. The day before I get the call to confirm appointment, I did. My appointment was between 12 and 3, by 4 I haven't heard or seen a tech. I make a call, was put on hold for twenty minutes for them to tell me he is running late. No **. Why did I have to call you? I ask to speak to a supervisor. Of course no one is available, at 5:01 I get a call recorded that my tech is running late and will be here at 5:10. Still no call from a supervisor. I'm waiting to see what time the tech will come or will he come. They have no respect for their customers once they have your business. It's been less than 3 weeks, how can I get out of this contract? It's now 5:14. I look down the street and they just sitting there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Unfortunately it is a apartment complex group account where I live. (The Club at PCB) This is the WORST TV CABLE CO. I HAVE EVER HAD! DONT CONSIDER BUYING WOW TV OR INTERNET. They seldom work properly, the tv always freezes up, deletes channels while you are watching them! I am locked into a $50 per month charge for tv (only) and it is a terrible service. Calling never helps. I finally got Chromecast for all rooms so we at least can watch a movie without losing the channel! Just stay away from WOW. I'm moving next lease up and this is one of the reasons.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have been a customer of WOW for a number of years. My monthly fee is going up monthly. They told me they would charge me more for monthly statements so I went to online statements. Now I can't view my itemized bills although I have downloaded the free version of Adobe Reader. (If you download from the link they provide for Adobe Reader it is an additional $49.95 a month for Adobe Reader.) (What abuse!)

They can't or won't answer why my bill keeps going up. Today I cancelled my cable TV. It's mostly junk and repeats anyway. I have never initiated a class action suit before but WOW'S business practices and the monopoly on the cable industry needs to be addressed! I remember what happened when they dismantled ATT years ago, they have never been the same. PLEASE join me in writing letters to Congress, Attorney General etc... The cable company's in general are out of control!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Used WOW internet for half year and the internet was very slow, especially during the weekend and evening. Move out to another place without WOW service, so need to cancel it. I made my phone call to cancel the service and they didn't mention cancellation fee at all. Got my last bill which is -14 dollars, and I made the phone call to pay for it (which should be returning because it is negative), but they charged me 14 dollars instead. SO I called them again, the customer service told me they charged me 100$ cancellation fee, so I still own them 62$. Why not tell me for the first time? if I know that, I would transfer to my friends place rather than cancel it. I felt WOW is fooling me around.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Since it seemed the only people writing reviews were complaining thought I ought to tell my experience. I have been with them for years with almost no problems (even before they were WOW) and the few I had were always handled fast. Today I decided to change over to my own modem and upgrade my service. It was painless and found out I should have changed my "bundle" a long time ago. I went from the same service on cable/phone and 20 mb/s to same service I had for years but upgraded my internet to 100 mb/s and SAVED close to $50 thanks to a helpful customer serve rep. I have almost nothing but good things to say. I hate there is no longer anyone local to talk to without going to the local office. And on the tech side they only approve ONE modem for speeds over that 100 mb/s. But as part of the whole service those are minor things.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I recently moved so I had to cancel my WOW service. While on the phone canceling the service I was told that there would be a cancellation fee of $15, and that I would receive a prorated amount back since I canceled in the middle of the month and that the fee would just come off the top of that amount. Well I received a bill on August 9th for $48.

After calling the support number I was basically told that the first person had lied and that there was nothing they could do to refund me the $48 because it was paying for my July service. Which I had already paid. Plus I'd still have to pay the $15 cancellation fee. I asked if I could take a survey on my experience with WOW and the person on the phone told me only active accounts can participate in surveys and then continued to try to tell me how I was wrong in this situation, even though I was well past that and just wanted to give them the rating they deserved for the support I received. If you're on the fence between providers save yourself the massive pain you'll go through with WOW and pick the other provider.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information