WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Awful! Called because my neighbor got our building condemned. WOW! actually told me I should have called to make sure the place I was moving allowed WOW! services or should have gone to a shelter until I could find something. Now they think I should claim my early termination fee on my renter's insurance... I'm not claiming my $1300 TV that was ruined because I do not want the higher rates, what makes them think I would claim my early termination fee... Worst customer service ever! Life she never happen to you if you have Wow!

This cable company has lousy service. Would not recommend them. Going back to Comcast. The tv freezes often. I leave my TV on when I'm gone for a reason. Automatically goes into a Wow screen if no activity. Constantly asking you to restart. Customer service representatives aren't knowledgeable. Paid bill at payment center. Now they say it takes 8 days for them to get payment. Have receipt. Paid it 3 days ago. Now you say you're going to cut my service. Fine. I will be disconnecting my service period.

I have literally have had the worst customer service with Wow. They raise your rates without notice. The Wi-Fi and cable are constantly dropping at home. They have been out several times and we still have issues. Whenever I call in for support the hold times are horrendous. To top it off at our business when I call, it again takes forever to finally get to the right person, then they say that will contact you in regards to issues, and they NEVER call back. Customer service is NOT difficult!

I was using WOW cable and internet services, the bill was always changing - going up and down - so I purchased a HD antennae. I returned the first box in September 2015 and the second in January 2016 and disconnected my cable but kept the internet access. In October I was relocated and disconnected my WOW internet. I received a bill in November showing I had a credit of $26 and change. In December I received a bill for $605 for equipment not returned. I had thankfully kept my return receipts. I called WOW, stated I had the return receipts, they had no way for me to send the receipts to them for verification. Instead they offered to conduct an investigation.

I called WOW back in a couple of days and asked if they had found the equipment. The rep said the investigation had closed and I owed the balance. I demanded to speak with a manager, of course no one was available. I requested a fax number and finally he provided a fax number. I faxed all of my documents, called back to verify they had received my fax, but the rep could not. The next day I received a call from a collection agency stating WOW had turned over my account to collections. I disputed the collection, uploaded my return receipts to the collection agency's website. The agency sent the receipts onto WOW, my dispute was again investigated and I received a letter stating the investigation was closed and I still owed the $600+ charge.

I called WOW again, they said I needed to go directly to the customer service office in Augusta, Georgia and show them my receipts for my account to be credited. Now living in Minnesota this was not a viable solution, I had to ask a friend to go to the office in Georgia and show my receipts to WOW. She did just that, my account was finally credited and I received a letter that the Collection Agency had decided to no longer pursue the collection of funds. Worst customer experience ever. NOTE: Keep all receipts for WOW cable. They lost my equipment, failed to credit my account and then wanted me to pay for their lack of accountability. I ONLY GAVE THEM A 1 STAR BECAUSE I HAD TO FOR THIS RATING. THEY ARE A ZERO!!!

Long ago I had America's top cable that was bought by Wide Open West. Immediately, the problems started. That Christmas, everyone in my city was disconnected for six hours. I switched. I've been playing this 2 years bundle game with them for years! You can be standing next to your "gateway" and have no service! Slower than a turtle no matter how much you pay! And just try to disconnect! They'very taken a page from the Comcast playbook. You'll get an argument and charged but not disconnected. It's a complete mess and I'd rather deal with Comcast than these jokers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

I called about a problem. The next thing I know is my TV is not working so the person said they would send someone out that day. Well that was the first lie then when I called later in the day to see if they were coming I got yelled at for calling. So later I said that I thought someone was coming out and he said lie number 2 yes someone was. Well that was Tuesday. I finally got someone to come out on Friday. If I have another problem I will go back to the other cable company that I left for WOW! What a mistake. I WOULD never recommend this piece of crap cable company.

If you are looking around at different options for your internet service and cable, DO NOT look towards WOW. Excuse my language, but this is the ** connection I've had in all my years. We switched to WOW because of the cheaper prices, we figured, "sure it won't be as fast but it'll still work!" WRONG THIS WIFI IS SERIOUSLY HORRENDOUS!! I'm not one to leave reviews at all but after much frustration I feel it is my need to warn ANYONE that no matter the price WOW IS THE WORST COMPANY YOU CAN COUNT ON. My sisters and I are all in college, we all take classes online, I can not explain how frustrated I am that while taking online tests the wifi will just shut off completely, this past semester the wifi shut on me 2 times and I was not able to finish my tests, I emailed my professor the first time and called WOW, my professor told me there was nothing she could do about it. WOW apologized and said it wouldn't happen again.

Couple weeks later another zero! Aside from that on your day to day searches you probably won't get anywhere because nothing and when I say nothing, I mean ABSOLUTELY ZERO sites will load. On top it'll say loading and then you'll wait five minutes refresh then close the apps restart your computer and try again. This is an everyday thing. Mind you it's not my computer my sisters as well as my parents go through the same thing and we have a variety of products including Apple and Hp. IT'S WOW!! What really upset me today is that I've been trying to do use the Internet since 1:40 it's now 4:42 and nothing will load. Wow keeps going in and out.

I waited on hold for 17 minutes and when the woman answered I explained I was the daughter of the owner and my mother was not home. She told me well I can't do anything unless I have an account number, I told her okay can I give you the home phone and names connected to the account. Sure enough it worked, I further explained my frustration in a calm tone and all she had to say was "okay can I have your mom's last 4 digits of her social security number". Seriously!! I just told you I don't have that with me and that's all, no "I'm sorry that you're experiencing this" or anything. I told her, "I'm sorry I already told you I don't have the SS number, but I was hoping since you found our account you keep possibly send a signal to reset the wifi." No answer just, "is there anything else I can do for you." No absolutely not, you've done enough.

My family and I as well as my uncles and aunts and grandmother have decided to make the move from WOW to any other service, probably Xfinity and when I told the woman we were considering it, not a peep out of her. I work as a retail seller and when someone says they're not satisfied I do my best to make sure I can change their mind about us. I'm very disappointed and I want to spare everyone or anyone the complete scam and frustration of this company. THEY HAVE THE WORST CONNECTION AND SERVICE YOU WILL EVER DEAL WITH. Take my word I have no reason to lie. Look around at any other company and save yourself the constant headache! Wow the only wow thing about you is how ** your service is.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS INFERIOR COMPANY. Invited a young salesman into my home to explain the WOW program. Decided to switch even though it would cost me to do so. WHAT A DISASTER. My land line stopped working (internet-based) and the Wi-Fi quit functioning. I attempted to contact my salesman and only received an answering machine AND NO CALL BACK. He would not return my call. Several calls to the company proved to be a waste. Very unfriendly and unhelpful people. At the same time we received the billing. THE SALESMAN LIED!! Most everything he told us was untrue.

I switched back to AT&T and everything is fine. WOW does not provide shipping containers or anything else to return their equipment. THEY WANT YOU TO DRIVE ALMOST ONE HOUR to "drop it off." There is a cable and a bunch of flags going across our lawn. Repeated calls to have this stuff removed proved futile. NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU STAY AWAY.

After a citywide internet outage, I had to wait on the customer service phone line for more than 30 minutes as I tried to report it. I had to use WOW twitter to find out what was going on. The company was way behind in finding out what was causing the outage. Bad customer service. Even the whole city had experienced the near 2-day outage. One had to call into WOW's "hard to get a human" system and wait to ask for credit for the time without cable. Streaming for movies really is slow at times.

I'll start by saying, if you have a choice other than WOW cable, take it. WOW may be a great company elsewhere, but when they acquired Graceba, for some reason they kept the local systems; the bill pay for Dothan area is not integrated with the parent company, and it is the biggest POS ever. You cannot use it on a mobile device, if there is more than one bill on your statement you don't have the option to pay the one that's due immediately, you can only pay the statement amount.

I'm not IT by any stretch, but I could write a better website than this. Twice now I've tried to pay online on a desktop the day before it was due, payment did not "take" and my service was disconnected, and reconnect and late fees added, a 1 hour phone call to a rep out west somewhere that could not remove the fees but was glad to take my entire payment over the phone. Told I'd have to go to the local office to dispute fees. When you go to the local office you are greeted by people that appear they'd rather be anywhere but there, reluctant to admit they are wrong, etc etc... bad bad experience all around. THE ONLY reason I'm still with them is because I'm in a rural location and have no option but a dish, and it would have to go on the front of my house.

So for now I'm screwed. Our whole town shares the same sentiment, so much so our mayor is lobbying hard to get another provider out here. When we do, WOW will lose a good bit of business. What's worse is they are in the communications business and it's their worst attribute. Not sure why WOW hasn't divested of this wretched bunch down here.

Internet, per advertising, 39.99, my first bill was Wow!'s first lie. The rep. I spoke with assured me I wouldn't be billed until Jan, this was in Dec. Approximately 6 days later, I get a bill for 134.25! I don't have any small bundle package, no cable tv service!! It's a shame how a multi-million dollar company can't or won't deal honestly with their customers & potential ones. WOW! BY CHOICE choose to be deceitful, greed oriented & malicious, thugs!!

We moved and personally returned their equipment back to them. I took it to the store, stood in line, went up to the counter, waited for the lady to log it back into their system and give me a receipt. She told me everything was good to go, and I left. A few months later, we get a collections notice saying we owe them $85 for the equipment that we never turned in. Of course, we didn't have the receipt anymore, because when you're moving with 4 small kids, things like that happen. (Will take a picture of these type of receipts in the future.)

But, this has to be an intentional tactic because how could this lady log the equipment back into the system, it spit out a receipt and now all of a sudden they don't have the equipment in their system. $85 isn't that big of a deal, but it's annoying when you took the time to return it. Was on hold and passed around with them for over an hour disputing it and trying to sort it out as well. Really horrible company at keeping track of their stuff, apparently.

Wow! dropped Encore/StarzEncore from our list of channels, which for the past 16 months was included in our total price. Not only did they raise their rates over $40 after 1 year, they reduced our lineup by 3 movie channels. Encore was included - Starz was not. Merger of new StarzEncore channel means that none are included. Subscribers pay higher rates and have 3 fewer channels. Yet another corporate decision resulting in profit over service.

I had a salesman (who was let go from the company) make false statements about their contract. I was upset but I contacted the CEO and all was made right within hours. Very satisfied with the prompt customer service that I received. The problem was frustrating but their resolution was more than satisfactory. I was completely satisfied with the internet speed while I had it.

Our cable, internet and phone went out shortly into the Sugar Bowl on a stormy night. It was a Monday. Bridgette said we might get service by Friday! What a load of bull! If service was important you'd get my service on quickly like it was important! WOW service lady basically said because she didn't know other outages were being reported she didn't know if we had a problem! So they "send a signal" to my box, "which can't receive a signal" and "nothing happened." Meanwhile, I've got to act like I'm glad I chose service from a company who doesn't know it's storming outside. If my cell battery goes dead, how do I call for a firetruck if my house catches on fire? I want all the potential customers to know about this godforsaken service. Shall I rely on this team for the championship game as well? Meanwhile I'm paying for service I do not have - cable, internet or phone.

Their business ethics are deplorable when it comes to overcharging and increasing their fees. I have been a loyal and on-time paying customer, but they keep increasing my rates. My latest statement was $67.01 up from $45.88 for their lowest level 10 mbps internet service only. I have tried on multiple calls to try and negotiate this overcharge/rate increase for a service I can accordingly get from their advertised price for my area. I suppose my only recourse is to drop my service and move on.

These clowns came to my neighborhood to lay fiber for the neighborhood. I don't even have their service. They dug up one location and made an error and dug in the wrong place. Then dug in another, did their job, said they would come back and fix it. 2 months later 7 calls and they still haven't come out. I am driving down to their office tomorrow to see if I can get something done. If not, time to go to small claims court to see what I can get out of them. I may even call the police and file a criminal mischief report. As for their service I will never know because I will never use them. If they can't do something as simple as come back out and replace sod, I have no confidence in them providing a service. They are a joke for an organization. If you can't do the simple things, how can anyone trust you to do the complex things like providing internet service.

Have been a cable, internet and phone customer for over 10, probably 15 years since Cox Cable left North Olmsted. For the past 5 years (since turning 65), I have had difficulty keeping up with the rate increases. I have called and the customer service people usually placate me by offering to eliminate $10-$15 per month for 12 months only. Last year, some nice person gave me the number of a WOW department that helps with these types of problems. I have lost the number and or department name and I guess the perks expired. In June my rates were raised and since then, a few more small rates have crept in. In November, my bill was around $141. This month, the bill has increased to $178. I am on a fixed income and this is TOO MUCH.

I called to see if there was anything the customer service person could explain or help me with. After about 15 minutes, he managed to lower my bill to $158 per month because they are no longer allowed to discount any equipment charges. He was not too willing to help at all. I mentioned to him that I was given a number of a department that can help more and he basically said he had never heard of anything like that. I constantly get mail from WOW telling me of their great packages for $89 (but that is for new customers only). Why can they spend so much money mailing me these incentives instead of checking their current customer list and not mailing that insulting offer. I believe that TWC has offered me the same $89 package with upgraded Internet and free DVR so I think WOW will be losing a loyal older person as a customer. I truly do not understand why they do not have a Senior rate anyway.

Oh! Wow has the most incompetent people in the USA... No communication with their company. 2 months and no bill, kept calling in that duration. Got billed, got late fee, still can't get through the unprofessional, incompetent, imbecile employees and managers... More stupid, you call up the same number, you get rep from every state or overseas.

Multiple problems: Was owed $9.06 and have paperwork to prove but have given up after 3 calls and 4 month wait. Not a lot of money but it's mine, not theirs. Be sure to check on statement under 'Additional Services' for what they're charging you. Was charged for an extra adaptor I didn't have but I had no way of proving it. Adaptor charge was $1.99/month. I was charged $2. Again, not a lot of money for me, but if they're overcharging all their customers by a penny, this is a tidy, illicit, profit for WOWWAY. Again, have the paperwork to verify.

Most incompetent place I have ever had the extreme misfortune of doing business with. The CSRs are beyond ignorant & clueless. The technicians are just as ignorant & clueless, plus very lazy. There should be a picture of this company as an example when you look up such words like deceitful, fraudulent, and liar for they fit it to a T. This week I have had about every free moment of my time monopolized by these incompetent idiots and still nothing resolved. I admonish ALL to heed the warnings and stay away from this company for they will suck the life out of you in their continuous lies. The hold time to get to a human is ridiculous and to get someone in charge... I do not think such a person exist there. I got 2 team leads, Norma & Garrett; both as useless as tits on a bull & according to Garrett, their bosses don't talk to the consumers. So once in, you play hell to get out AND get your money back.

They bought out Knology & supposedly replaced 75% of employees but it is no better, only worse, and Knology was pretty bad. Comcast also was an absolute nightmare. Going to buy new TV and utilize Netflix, Yahoo, and whatever else and get away from the horrible cable companies I have to chose from. I think FCC needs to do some work for what is happening should not even be legal.

My most recent statement shows a $1 charge for "Additional WOW! Cable TV Services". We do not have cable tv, so I called the billing department and asked that this charge be removed. Dashawn told me this charge was for paper billing and if I signed up for paperless billing he could remove this charge. So I signed up for paperless billing, but the charge was not removed. I called again. Ray informed me that the charge could not be removed even though it specifically states on my statement that it is a "Cable TV Services" charge and I have no cable tv.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 15 minutes and then told that I could not speak with a supervisor because there were none there. It is possible that WOW! intended to note this charge as a charge to send me a bill for their services, but the fact is that the charge is listed on the front of my bill as "Additional WOW! Cable TV Services." Because we do not have cable tv, WOW! should not be able to charge us for "additional" cable tv services. If they made a mistake on the statement, that is their problem and they should still remove the charge until they are able to print the statement correctly and list the fee correctly on the front of the statement. WOW! has been difficult to deal with in the past. I would not recommend the company at all.

After 3 months of service I finally received my 1st paper statement! I kept calling and asking why my "fees" were $33... no clear answer. First of all, the day they installed my cable they cut all the other cables on my house and left me without a landline from another company. THEN THE TECH WHO CAME TO MY HOUSE said it would be $50 to fix - I sent him away!!! Now I see they have been charging me $4 for a magazine I never got and did not order. They also have been charging me $5 for "Protection plan" I did not want and STILL TRIED TO CHARGE ME $50 to come to my house and repair what they had done. (They said they had to cut all other cables or I would have "interference" which I found out is a lie!!)

I KNOW I was recorded when I made the initial order so why can't they review it and reimburse me all the $$$ for "services" they "volunteered" me for??? I REPEATEDLY SAID I COULD NOT AFFORD MORE THAN $100 monthly bill!!! The service reps are trained to word things in a totally deceptive manner and it is obvious! NOW I am stuck with them for another 9 months!! Why didn't they tell me in the first 30 days I could cancel??? I called complaining many times!! My first complaint was 10 MINUTES after installation when I realized I had no phone! The fact they left a senior citizen who lives alone without a phone and did not even attempt to REPAIR shows us what kind of company they really are! At 75 years old, I can easily attest that WOW is the shadiest company I have ever dealt with and I cannot wait for the day I turn on the news and see a big class action suit against them for fraud!! THEY DESERVE IT!!!

Well after being a customer for 3 years, these people will not give me a 24 hour payment change or call at midnight and then I will get it after they interrupt the service!!! Yeah right like they're going to turn it back on! I know this is what they offered me before!! A 3 day hold call before service interruption!! Now they change it and tell me no they didn't!! On top of the fact I have to request a U.S. Customer service rep!!!

I have been a Wow!/Knology customer for years and I am nearing the end. While the service is decent the prices are insane. $189mo for cable and 30mb internet. I have 3 boxes but still ridiculous. I call to question the lower prices on their web page but are for new customers only, so screw the long time customer I guess. Thought about just canceling my service and reopening in GF's name for 2 year contract saving about $100 a month. They knocked $25 off for 12mos to keep me but I think that'll be the end of this bank draining Wow! experience.

I filed a BBB complaint and got nowhere. The BBB did nothing. What a waste of time. I filed an FCC complaint and got nowhere. The FCC did nothing. Also a waste of time. WOW appears to be untouchable. They do not honor the contacts they agree to over the phone. Their customer service (I use the term loosely) is not reliable. they say one thing and do another. I have spoken with extremely rude people from their so called executive response team.

I spoke with Ashley (employee ID# **) and I have to say she is the most unprofessional representative I have come across in a very long time. She refused to answer my questions and stated the only thing that is relevant what WOW says is relevant. They have called me after 12am when they know what time zone I live in. They have called me at off times after we have agreed on times to return calls. They say they will address issues, but then later say "no" they've decided to not address the issue. Run away for WOW! If you're considering switching to WOW, I strongly suggest you get every detail in writing before you agree to anything. They do not honor what they state on the phone and they will not work with you to make things right. WOW is the WORST!

I'm disappointed in WOW here in the Detroit area. I signed up with them about 5 years ago after moving into my new house for a 24-month price. The price remained the same for 24 months. Awesome. 12 months ago, I signed up for a 24-month internet offer. Was told this would be the price for 24 months. Well, last month my statement changed. Instead of just saying Internet Discount for 24 months they added some text below it. 1 to 12 month discount at one price, then a 13-24 discount. If this was the deal all along, why wasn’t their statement stating that for the last year. You point out what you were told a year ago. They just say, nope, that's not the deal. Not sure what I can do about it. Guess I have to look at switch providers. Glad I have a couple options. I feel bad for the people that only get 1 provider option. Good luck with your dealing with them.

Was a customer with Wow for 4 year living in Madison AL, got a divorce from my wife in March of 2016 and I moved out of the house in Feb 2016. I cancelled my service with WOW in June over the phone and the representative tells me that I have no remaining balance. So I assume I am free and clear. However I was not. I received a bill the next month so I call in to explain and they said they will look into it, gave me a reference # and told me to call back within 5 days or so. I call back and have to repeat the entire story and again they said they would investigate the call I originally made. They said they would contact me. I wait another month only to receive another bill. I call again and explain the entire story again and they said they would look into it and get back to me. I never hear from them. In the meantime, late fees are accruing, and new monthly charges are building up.

The Supervisor says if the representative on the call I originally made said there was no remaining balance then I assume I shouldn't pay anything until the investigation is complete. Again no call from them. This pattern repeats itself all the way to December when I receive a notice from collections with a balance of $275 and change. I call just today and explain the entire story yet again and he proceeds to tell me the results from the investigation is that I indeed was told there was a past due amount but wasn't told about current charges. He says there's nothing they can do. So in the meantime late fees accrue and new charges mount over the months and I am sent to collections and there's nothing they can do.

I call literally every month to check on the status and it's not until literally 6 months later that a rep says there's nothing they can do to change the bill and collections because I owed the original amount. I ask them how could that be it's been in an investigation phase and I am not going to pay anything until the investigation is complete and beyond that no one contacted me, not once, not one single time even though they said they would several times and now I have to pay this amount as well as being sent to collections. I literally am furious. This is poor customer service.

Awful. Bill goes up $10 this month with no warning. Commensurate with that increase was a drop in throughput from 30M to around <10M. Upload does not seem to be affected but WOW has really gone downhill. You would think a provider company would have a website with real-time status information for the various areas they serve. NOT WOW! No status, so I can only assume they have a problem which only a phone call to their less than stellar tech support will explain. Save the explanation - get with the times by putting real-time info on a web page. I reset my modem and router, which WOW's tech support would have had me do anyway. No change in status. This is a problem with WOW that has shown up in the last two days of operation. VERY DISAPPOINTED. SEEKING ANOTHER PROVIDER. Fortunately my city has four different providers (and growing).

This company is robbing hard working people with their unreliable and overcharged services. I was a former customer of Knology, which offered great services and I never had any problems until this company took over. They offer you a promotional rate for the first year and after that it is downhill, your bill will start to increase on top of all the other miscellaneous charges for service that barely works most of the time. And the reason they are able to get away with this is because depending on where you live, you are only allowed to use a certain cable provider for your area unless you opt for satellite cable or move out their service area altogether. It's a disgrace and bad business and greed eventually has a end. Everyone needs to contact the Better Business Bureau and make complaints on this company.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Profile