1.30/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right cable & satellite TV provider for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

175 WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

WOW does better than our previous provider ATT in reliability and customer service, but it is far from great! There has to be a better way to see entertainment than to provide me with 100 channels I never watch.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

When I signed for a two-year contract for internet I was told transferring services would not be an issue if ever I needed to move. When the day came that I needed to move for a new job and they didn't have services in that area, and the only options they could give me were to continue paying for services I no longer received, transferring my service to a relative in which my name would still be on the bill and credit still on the line, Or terminating my service... in which they would charge me an outrageous early termination fee.

I called customer service multiple times to complain about the issue and see if I can get a reduction on the early termination fee but I had multiple issues. I was hung up on, told I would be assisted at a later date in which they would call me and never did... After I finally called back after days of not hearing back, I was placed on hold multiple times and eventually was told there was nothing they could do. Each customer service representative had a different excuse as to why the early termination fee needed to be taken whether it be the fact that I had bought my own modem or that I had signed a contract or that they didn't have services in my new area and that was my fault, all came up with different excuses.

Approximate time on hold was about 30 minutes each call and their number of people I talked to each time averaged about 3. All in all I think I spent a full day's work on the phone with WOW! customer service representatives and talk to a dozen people in the end getting nowhere and still having to pay an outrageous fee. To charge a loyal customer who had paid on time, who had moved to a vastly populated metropolitan area where they didn't have services, is a scammer's way to make money off of good people. I will never request services again from WOW! nor do I recommend them to anybody. I would give them less than 1 star but that isn't an option.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Paid for HD TV package and never received HD reception. Every day I had to reboot the box, after a year of problems the company blamed the installer for not replacing coaxial cable in the house.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When I signed-up with WOW 12/18/2014 my bill for internet and cable T.V. was well below $100/mo. I agreed to the terms with the caveat that my mo. bill NOT be raised without my permission. WOW raised my bill. I agreed to their most basic service - again with them agreeing NOT to raise my bill without my permission. They raised it to ~$125/mo - I was very busy and did nothing - WOW raised it to over $125/mo. - I contacted WOW customer service - after nearly an hour on hold ALEX (Nicaragua) answered and was able to get my basic cable to $97/mo. + state sales tax. My first bill after this - over $130/mo. I contacted WOW customer service and after one hour on hold ROSE (Nicaragua) answered... No record of lower bill - just my (recorded) agreement to a one year commitment.

I posted a nasty note on the WOWWAY Facebook page - Leslie e. mailed me and said she would 'look into it' - she sent me an updated e. mail with 'all the dates and changes to my account'... FULL of lies. My bill came today - WOWWAY has now raised my basic internet and cable T.V. to $178.38/mo. I am now speaking with an attorney to file fraud charges - I am certain they are based in Nicaragua for a reason - NO U.S. extradition. I will cancel my service and they will ultimately get away with fraud. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER do any business with WOW... TOTAL fraud.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Many issues with WOW: problems with phone service disconnecting calls, TV often shutting down, and extremely long waits for customer service. Living in a large community, you see repair trucks very often.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have to jump through hoops to get WOW not rob me with price increases. My bill jump 3 times in the last 4 months (Mike at 1-866-496-9669) confirmed that. And I have been dealing with WOW for 6 years and even though I am not the account holder my husband is, WOW reps have never had a problem making changes with me. Now after 50 minutes on the phone jumping through hoops to get a promotional deal, which is a scam, I'm being told they need to speak with my husband to do it. What a crock, they've never had a problem speaking with me before. And why do I have to go to 3 different departments to get a lower price, I feel like I'm on the "Let's Make A Deal" show.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I understand a hurricane came thru 11 days ago. But what I don't understand is that Duke had millions without power and managed to get it done in 6 days. Now WOW cable on the other hand, I've been on the phone everyday on hold for at least 30 min to 1 hr at a time only to get it will be fixed by Monday which was yesterday. And of course nothing now. They tell me someone will call in 48 hrs. This cable company lacks in all fields. Stay away from them. Customer service horrible, field rep's are all young and do not the best work. Good luck with business WOW. You guys have along way to go!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I've been waiting for 3 hrs. and 15 min. for the WOW representative to arrive and fix a number of problems that have been ongoing for over 3 years. The appointment was scheduled for a time frame of 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and it is now 1:15 p.m. Of course I've also been on hold for 15 min. to determine if the repair man if truly coming today or not. Hideous customer service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had WOW Cable for less than 3 weeks the and the box goes out. Now they can only seen a tech out in 3 days. The day before I get the call to confirm appointment, I did. My appointment was between 12 and 3, by 4 I haven't heard or seen a tech. I make a call, was put on hold for twenty minutes for them to tell me he is running late. No **. Why did I have to call you? I ask to speak to a supervisor. Of course no one is available, at 5:01 I get a call recorded that my tech is running late and will be here at 5:10. Still no call from a supervisor. I'm waiting to see what time the tech will come or will he come. They have no respect for their customers once they have your business. It's been less than 3 weeks, how can I get out of this contract? It's now 5:14. I look down the street and they just sitting there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Unfortunately it is a apartment complex group account where I live. (The Club at PCB) This is the WORST TV CABLE CO. I HAVE EVER HAD! DONT CONSIDER BUYING WOW TV OR INTERNET. They seldom work properly, the tv always freezes up, deletes channels while you are watching them! I am locked into a $50 per month charge for tv (only) and it is a terrible service. Calling never helps. I finally got Chromecast for all rooms so we at least can watch a movie without losing the channel! Just stay away from WOW. I'm moving next lease up and this is one of the reasons.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have been a customer of WOW for a number of years. My monthly fee is going up monthly. They told me they would charge me more for monthly statements so I went to online statements. Now I can't view my itemized bills although I have downloaded the free version of Adobe Reader. (If you download from the link they provide for Adobe Reader it is an additional $49.95 a month for Adobe Reader.) (What abuse!)

They can't or won't answer why my bill keeps going up. Today I cancelled my cable TV. It's mostly junk and repeats anyway. I have never initiated a class action suit before but WOW'S business practices and the monopoly on the cable industry needs to be addressed! I remember what happened when they dismantled ATT years ago, they have never been the same. PLEASE join me in writing letters to Congress, Attorney General etc... The cable company's in general are out of control!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Used WOW internet for half year and the internet was very slow, especially during the weekend and evening. Move out to another place without WOW service, so need to cancel it. I made my phone call to cancel the service and they didn't mention cancellation fee at all. Got my last bill which is -14 dollars, and I made the phone call to pay for it (which should be returning because it is negative), but they charged me 14 dollars instead. SO I called them again, the customer service told me they charged me 100$ cancellation fee, so I still own them 62$. Why not tell me for the first time? if I know that, I would transfer to my friends place rather than cancel it. I felt WOW is fooling me around.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Since it seemed the only people writing reviews were complaining thought I ought to tell my experience. I have been with them for years with almost no problems (even before they were WOW) and the few I had were always handled fast. Today I decided to change over to my own modem and upgrade my service. It was painless and found out I should have changed my "bundle" a long time ago. I went from the same service on cable/phone and 20 mb/s to same service I had for years but upgraded my internet to 100 mb/s and SAVED close to $50 thanks to a helpful customer serve rep. I have almost nothing but good things to say. I hate there is no longer anyone local to talk to without going to the local office. And on the tech side they only approve ONE modem for speeds over that 100 mb/s. But as part of the whole service those are minor things.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I recently moved so I had to cancel my WOW service. While on the phone canceling the service I was told that there would be a cancellation fee of $15, and that I would receive a prorated amount back since I canceled in the middle of the month and that the fee would just come off the top of that amount. Well I received a bill on August 9th for $48.

After calling the support number I was basically told that the first person had lied and that there was nothing they could do to refund me the $48 because it was paying for my July service. Which I had already paid. Plus I'd still have to pay the $15 cancellation fee. I asked if I could take a survey on my experience with WOW and the person on the phone told me only active accounts can participate in surveys and then continued to try to tell me how I was wrong in this situation, even though I was well past that and just wanted to give them the rating they deserved for the support I received. If you're on the fence between providers save yourself the massive pain you'll go through with WOW and pick the other provider.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

The worst cable/internet service ever. Not only are their prices outrageous... But the service is very poor. Cable freezes or blacks out at least 4 times a day and the same with the internet. It takes the internet even longer to reconnect... Wow sucks!!! They need to be put out of business for ripping customers off!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Well I was a Knology customer before they became WOW! Had nothing but trouble with them. Cable goes out. Send a technician. Internet out. Send a technician. Technician come when everything's working fine. Never when there's a problem. Was told I had to get the $5.00/month service plan or I'd have to pay $50 for service call. Cable aways pixelated. Internet up down up down. Having to pay for digital boxes after 2 years. Extremely bad customer service. Rude technicians.

Finally called it quits with the cable and just kept internet and I use Netflix and Sling TV. Bill went from $160 to $80. Internet still sucks. But what I've learned over the years is all the cable companies share lines and TWC or Spectrum as its called now was just as bad. I dont have 100 channels I dont watch or need to go through since you cant remove channels with WOWs digital box. I'm happy and content and everyone should follow my lead and boycott WOW! or any cable company for that matter.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I decided in April to try out Wow. I had one of those letters on the door that says "30 days free to try" "no fees" etc... I was all about saving money since I paid with Verizon a lot of money but man they were on top of things. So I got a week later everything installed. The guy put up the cable boxes and the internet and I after he left started to check out the channels. Ok so first of all the channels suck, and after a few days I noticed my service to go in and out, not just cable but also the internet. I work from home and when I get knocked off the internet literally every 20 min. I’m losing money. That's unacceptable! So I canceled, as it says on my paper 30 days free trial. When I talked to the representative they tried to tell me I still have to pay. I argued back and forth and told her free trial means free trial. Anyways finally she agreed with me but then tells me I have to pay 100$ for Wow to pick up the devices!!!

I was furious and told her that should be included in a free trial. She told me I can drive to St. Pete FL to return it. Mind you it's an hour drive for me. After arguing with a supervisor I finally got them to pick it up for free!!! So here I am in August and they still send me bills. I call every month when I receive a bill and tell them to stop sending me those bills. They obviously don't get it taken care of. I also never received my requested cancellation notice. Nothing. They are the absolutely worse company ever and I don't recommend it at all!!! Save yourself time and energy!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The service did not work even 1 day out of the 3 days I had it. I called to have it turned off and got a bill for 50 dollars and less than 30 days later it was 60. I refuse to pay anything. These people treat everyone so poorly. I hope no one tries then they will be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This is the second day in a row for contacting WOW! cable. I had constant interruption of service throughout the day yesterday and had to schedule an appointment for another matter today. The appointment time was between 9-12 with no appointment kept nor a phone call. The technician finally showed at 1:21 with no apology. I spent 15 minutes on the phone waiting for a live person, and she said I would receive a call back from her. I waited another 45 minutes with no call, but there was a call placed after I had gone out! HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Original review: July 29, 2017

They don't even deserve 1 star! It is now costing us for believing this company. The salesperson lied. I have a piece of paper telling me $89.99 with the fees. It says 2 FREE installations. We had working functioning Comcast in here and we wanted to both try WOW and try for 2 accounts because I am living with someone else who has now been inconvenienced. The tech tried to say we would be charged installation. He said the only way he could do what we wanted was by moving Comcast which is just a cable switch. He did not make sure the Comcast was back on when he left. Now that he is gone, we have no Comcast but we are paying for it and can't go to Comcast for what happened - this is going to cost us to get fixed. He hands me the agreement that says I am paying $105 and some change that I can't read.

The sales and business side of things are different from the technician side. The dispatch and technician side is rude and uncooperative and do not give you what the offices says. The technicians run the show at WOW. So they set it up for a guy to come out the next day - today. Not only was he late as far as the time window - he was a rude jerk. When I told him what his objective was which SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON HIS WORK ORDER and apparently was not. He said he does not work for Comcast. He was rude - again the technicians control the whole WOW service and these people are not professionals or business people nor customer oriented.

So I am back to square one. He left with an attitude and was a smart ass saying "have a nice day" on his way out. TERRIBLE HORRIBLE! All day long the first day with WOW the internet kept going out and there is no signal down the hallway of an approximate 900 -1000 square home on a slab. Not one person in this house is happy especially my son who has lost his Comcast in this and is stressed about having to pay to fix it plus the money we have to pay for service we are no longer getting because WOW interrupted it. A rep hung up on me and a manager hung up on me trying to explain this. The manager was a complete fail. He kept saying "what is it they damaged?" "Oh so the Comcast is not hooked up? He left it not connected to a cable?"

After having to explain this to him repeatedly with him interrupting and then trying to pick an argument... After I have been inconvenienced beyond acceptable... I finally asked him to stop interrupting and let me tell him because he isn't getting it if he is interrupting. From that point he kept interrupting to piss me off. Then hung up. THIS IS THEIR MANAGER OF CUSTOMER SERVICE SO WHERE DO YOU GO FROM THERE? The hold times are HORRIBLE if you have problems. After over 30 minutes on hold the first day - getting service installed and nothing right... I finally called back and chose to cancel. Took only minutes to get a rep. So if you have problems, expect to be on the phone for a very long time to get support and then have customer service managers hang up on you after interrupting you and picking a fight.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! They are facing a lot of bad reviews and the equipment is junk but they call it their best. The remote, everything is archaic and way behind the times. At first the box wouldn't even respond to the remote. Then catch up. No voice command on it. Very limited. Then later the remote acted like a mouse on speed and took off so crazy you couldn't control it. One click went into multiple clicks and went far past what you wanted. Not one thing has been even ok with this company. Not one! Sadly still stuck with Comcast because I want this garbage and their terrible service and rude uncooperative technicians out of here. So... What WOW sells you and tells you is bs and all service is run by the technicians who are bitter and angry and do not want to work. They should not even be allowed to come selling. They only bring problems to the consumer.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I had a business account with WOW both internet and phone. I switched to Spectrum because with WOW I used to lose phone service at least twice a week and my business as a restaurant relies 80% on phone. So after months of trying to switch because WOW kept declining the transfer, I finally called and spoke to someone about it and it went through, I paid early termination fee and thought everything was fine until one day I notice WOW charged my account, so I called them and they said you never cancelled, by the way that was 2 months after I cancelled they decide to suddenly charge me.

After multiple tries of going back and forth they know they are wrong but won't admit, so they kept telling me we will review the request and call you back but never once did. So in three months trying to get my money back they kept charging my account until I put a block on the account. I finally was able to speak to someone who I thought knows a hell he is doing, until he told me "I apologize we will refund you $400 out of the $690 we took," but that money will go toward the early termination fee of $2200 that we owe. I end up disputing the charges, because no one in the right mind will sign up for $2200 ETF. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE, stay away from WOW, they are the worst and they are in the market to rip you off plus their service is so bad I can't emphasize enough on it. If I can rate them less than 1 star I would give them negative.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was a long time customer (10 years), complaining about their rates, I was convinced to sign up for another year with their Ulta pkg...at a certain rate. When the bill came it was much higher. Their response was many hours on the phone, promises of call backs that never happened, then finally you have a contract with us, so you're out of luck. I use to recommend WOW. Now STAY AWAY. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

This company is so bad. I play competitive Call of Duty and this is the worst internet to have. I lag constantly. It's not the game. I have 60 mb down and 5 up but I never get 60 mb. At the most I get 40 mb. This company is so bad that I constantly have to reset my router. I do not recommend that you get this ** internet company. At most 3/10. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Terrible cable, bad customer service, tv glitches, worse than satellite. Our tv and internet has been down for 3 days with no estimated time of the problem being fixed. Our bill has been going up since day one. Never had a problem when it was Broadstripe (Charlotte, MI location)... Very dissatisfied customer. Hello Dish Network.

Original review: July 6, 2017

It started off pretty good rate for the bundle package. Then the bill kept going up. Opened the bill this month. It's 195.19. Friggin ridiculous. Guess it is time to go to Spectrum. Their best package is far cheaper than 195 a month. WOW! seems to reward their longtime customers with rate hikes without warning.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I am a movie nut and have used every cable company in our area for over 30 years. The plain and simple truth is that all cable companies suck. Your best bet is to not get hooked into the scam and read a freaking book. I have WOW and I'm sick of paying as much as my mortgage payment between my WOW and Verizon bills. Yesterday, July 3, we ONLY reduced our ever-rising cable bill from 212.00 to 165.00 by eliminating HBO, etc. WOW. What a deal. I will have to grease up and bend over for the privilege of STILL over paying these crooks until we make the decision to cut all ties. But hey, this country always has and always will be based on greed.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have been a loyal WOW! customer for 2 years. My bill keeps creeping up. I called to see why they couldn't offer me a comparable rate plan that they offer to new customers. I currently only get 60 megabits and was being charged 74.95 per month. They offer 500 megabits to new customers for 59.99. The best they could do was offer me 12 month contract of 110 megabits for 61.00 per month with a 12 month contract. LAME! I hate this company and I wouldn't advise using them. They would rather lose a good paying customer than provide comparable service to me. CROOKS all of them.

Original review: July 2, 2017

A pleasant experience. Our technician Antonio was intelligent. Fixed the problems with 2nd tv and also helped with questions I had regarding our remotes. He was very patient and thorough. I am glad he was part of our day! Saturday July 1, 2017.

Original review: June 25, 2017

I have never had a problem in the past with this company. Only problem was the price and I changed to DirecTV 1 years ago and still have Internet and Landline service. After a power outage last Thursday I had no issues with DirecTV when the power returned, but no Internet or phone service with WOW. A technician came the next day told me my Ethernet cable was bad and my Netgear Modem/Router was bad. He basically took over my laptop at various point throughout and even restarted my computer without me saying he could. I have no idea that my Netgear is bad because he did not go through any diagnostics. All he could say about my phone was it was BAD very BAD and the company is going to VOiP. I told him forget about the phone then and he had me talk to a representative. She said after talking with him she would get back with me and that did not happen, he hung up.

He then brought in a Cable/Modem with telephone capabilities and commenced to install phone cord from the outlet over the doors which now looks terrible. I have phone service, but my daughter says it sounds like I am talking under water. He then told me he would have to input my password on my laptop and not to worry because he will not remember it. I told him I want to be able to change it and he said that was not possible. I have a magicJack coming tomorrow and will be cancelling my phone service since I can't have landline anymore, since he cut the wire outside. I also ordered a new cable/modem that is coming tomorrow and am still waiting to have the "Supervisor" call me. That was supposed to happen yesterday and now I have to try and wade through their telephone menu to find out what happened to this "Supervisor."

This is the worse experience I have had and to top it off the technician had to go back up in my attic to retrieve the wrench he left up there. I was never so happy when I took my cable boxes back to WOW because their TV was miserable and now I am looking to go with Charter if they can't provide decent Internet with my equipment which I can control.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I did my research before calling to investigate switching from Spectrum to WOW. I had specific questions to ask Lydia. She didn't listen to my needs repeatedly, couldn't answer questions as she was quite unknowledgeable and LIED about costs. She was all hype just like a snaky car salesperson. I finally pinned her down about itemized costs one too many times and she hung up on me; couldn't handle the truth. Do you think I'm switching?

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information