Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.53/5

263 WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

First and foremost, I pay for 100mbps of internet speed. I have been received under 5mbps for the past few months. Make note, I have never received quite 100mbps due to using wireless connection; however, when I connected with a wired connection recently my connection never went up more than 2 mbps. Therefore, I would recommend getting a service provider that will provide what they say.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had WOW for a couple of years, and all was fine (although they brought up the price considerably high after a year). In early July, the TV cable and internet stopped working and I contacted​ them nine times​; spoke mostly with people who seemed poorly trained and were inefficient. Two technicians came to the house. One of them didn't know what he was​ there for (and left because WOW had him and me on the phone line for 45 minutes), and the other one brought the wrong equipment. On top of not having service for a month, they charged me. I ended​ up having to call to dispute the charges, and they only agreed to discount a minimum amount​ of the total I have canceled​ and gone with another company in spite of having to pay more.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I've been with WOW for about 6-7 years & pay my bill on time every month. For more than two months my cable picture started going out completely for a few seconds and then back on. As time has gone by the picture continues to pixelate & freeze intermittently. I have called for service, they send a tech out, he DOES see the problem happen for himself and has determine that the issue is NOT in my house. He said, because the problem is outside of my house a different service department (maintenance dept.??) will run down the problem and fix it.

Well, for over 2 months service techs have come to my house 4 or 5 times, each time it is the same thing. There is no problem inside of my house, the problem is outside and a different service department (or division) will have to fix it. Now I find out that I'm not dealing with WOW at all, I've been dealing with contractors. The call center is in the country of Nicaragua & the service techs that have been coming to my house are also contractors. The service tech contractors are only allowed to do so much to fix a problem then they turn the problem over to WOW themselves to supposedly fix the problem.

I think the worst part is I can't find a way to speak directly to an actual WOW employed person who would be able to make decisions and get this problem fix. Bottom line, this has been a never ending runaround. I do think that the contractors are doing what WOW has allowed them to do. The problem is that when the basics are not enough because there's a more significant problem going on WOW does not allow the contractors to do more and WOW themselves don't take on the respectability to follow up and get the problem fix. I STUCK IN THIS ENDLESS CIRCLE.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Spoke to a door to door salesman with a signed agreement for 29.99 a month. First bill comes in and it's a 39.99 a month, called corporate office. Stated they could not honor the 29.99 month agreement SIGNED by THEIR salesman. Called to cancel service because of their dishonesty, was billed $19 for an Agreement that states "30 day money back guarantee." Corporate could not understand that means I do not get charged at all. Sent an official collection notice in violation of their own agreement. Do not under any terms do business with this company!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Ok so, WOW salesmen are very aggressive. However, after I did my best to ignore the creepy used car salesman vibe, I decided to try WOW out over my current provider, because they seemed to offer better service at a lower price. Now the first problem. The "price" listed is not the price you're going to pay. Add at least $30-40 to the base price per month. My bundle was advertised at $105. When I put in my address it jumped to $135, with $25 discount, $26.25 worth of added fees, and this doesn't include taxes, etc. That discount disappears after a year, but you are still in a 2 year contract. Part of that fee is for an HD DVR. This DVR is not as nice as the TIVO I bought my parents for Christmas back in 2003. Yeah, I was having 16 year old dvr envy.

The "ULTRA" DVR, which was never advertised is an additional $15 a month over the "legacy" one I had, and I would have to rent a modem because regular modems don't work with the "Ultra" box. Why? I don't know and neither does the customer service lady I talked to. So that'd be an additional $10. I've lost track at this point what my final bill would have been, before taxes and fees, but it was at least what I was already paying.

The DVR: I'd guess it can only record one thing at a time and it probably has to be on that channel to do that much. I didn't test it. I was trying to set it up to record shows I watch, and it really has nothing beyond a TV guide function. You can browse show by channel (duh) and by first letter. I'm serious, not even a basic search function. I never had the patience to program enough stuff to actually test the recording abilities.

The internet. I ordered 1gig/sec internet. They guaranteed at least 80% of the bandwidth and during low traffic, I might see more. So 800-1k+ mps! I was excited. I tested frequently over a week and once, at midnight, I saw 530mps... Average was right around 300, and never above 400 during the day. That's 80% of 80% of 80% of 80% of 80% of 1K. So I guess they're not lying.

The installation was scheduled for Friday between 8am and 10am. I was up dressed and drinking coffee waiting by 7:45. Tech showed up at 2:30pm. No calls to say they were going to be late. No calls to check if they could come later or if I was even home. He told me I was lucky he got there at all. I asked him to run the wire to the garage and mount the box out of view. He told me no and mounted it right next to the other box. I mentioned the lackluster speed and the tech told me that he had noticed an issue with the signal and a tech would be out the next afternoon to fix something on the pole up the street and my internet should improve after that.

Saturday morning at 8 am, I was awoken by a WOW tech pounding on my door telling me he needs to get into the backyard. This was not what we discussed and, again, no phone call. If only they made phones that were portable. The TL:DR: Their prices are deceptive (straight up bold faced lies), their salespeople are creepy, their equipment is 20 year old junk. Their service sucks, and their installation is the worst of the stereotypical cable guy cliches. I'd still choose them over Comcast... but just barely.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: July 8, 2019

If you're thinking about using WOW! don't! This has been the worst experience with a cable company I have ever had. When I originally sign up for Internet only my price was $55 and I had to sign a 2-year contract. I said okay $55 I can do that. My very first payment I did with my credit card over the automatic payment system. They claim they never got it and I went back and forth with them for about a month until they found it and credited to my account. 3 months later I get a bill for almost $100. They stated the $50 was a trial which the original customer service agent never stated the $55 was for 3 months and after that the cost will go up. I asked them since they record conversations can they find that recording and listen to it because the customer service agent never stated that. They claimed they could not find the original customer service agent that sign me up. I reminded them I only had internet. No cable. No phone. Just internet.

The customer service representative worked out a so-called deal and gave me internet for $66 a month. I asked the agent was this including taxes and fees and she responded, "Yes." The only reason I agreed is because they cancelled my two year agreement and said if I agree to the $66 I would only have to sign a one-year agreement. Which I did because I could not see being with them for two years. Well I got my next bill and of course that was a lie. It was actually $71.59.

I signed up with WOW! February 2019. I have received two cancellation bills for $330. I don't know why because I never called to cancel. I have gotten a bill for $118.79, $154.97, $123.81, $31.20, and my most recent Bill $149.18. Don't ask me why. I don't know and every time I called they gave me this big runaround and a bunch of numbers that never make sense. I regret choosing WOW! and hate that I'm stuck with them for another year. I will definitely never use them in the future.

Original review: July 7, 2019

If Satan owned an internet cable company...it would be WOW. Their service never worked. They charged me 75.00 bucks to cancel. I had to cancel because THEIR SERVICE NEVER WORKED!!! How can you charge me to cancel when your service never worked? They had no ownership in fixing the problem. Stay away.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I was ending my three years with WOW!, and wanted to return all the service products, boxes, cables etc... I found a drop location about 30 minutes from my house, and I included tapes to the cables my account information, name, address etc. It was like a post box and once the door shut you could no longer see the product. I even call the next day to make sure they received everything. They hadn't pulled it out of the box yet. One week later I called again, still no record of my return. Then I got a very harsh letter telling me that if I did not pay for my equipment $900, it would affect my credit for 7 years. I know how bad credit works, I have excellent credit and I received a threat that they could damage my credit!!! Nothing should have escalated to this level. What a bad marketing choice to let a letter go out to a past customer. I had already dropped everything off. The letter was dated three days after my service was completed. How dare you!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I've been a WOW! customer for almost two years now, with a two-year contract. I'm getting ready to move in a few months and let me just tell you I cannot wait until I can terminate this agreement. The internet service is HORRENDOUS! I can get faster speeds from a sloth running laps around my house. The customer service experience is a complete joke. Long hold times + no resolution = no more service for me. When you finally get to speak to a representative, they’re not helpful, nor do they care, about the problems you’re presenting to them.

I’ve called them several times to complain about my slow service and every time they tell me that I’ll have to pay for a technician to come out. The first time I fell for that, the technician came and the results were the same, and I was still charged. So, if the tech couldn’t fix my issue the first time why would I call them back out again and be charged again? I'd love to say "Wow, my internet is working today." I wish I had read the reviews for this company before I signed up. It amazes me how a fraudulent company like this still exists. There is nothing 'Wow' about this company other than the fact that they blatantly steal your money. Leaving one star is far too generous but like dealing with this company right now, I'm forced to. Do not use this company.

Original review: May 20, 2019

From customer service to the initial install it has all been wrong. No apologies was told to 'get a lawyer!' when I objected to an imaginary 2yr agreement, I have not signed nor saw a contract. The installer cut my antenna cable w/o permission. The BING or DL speed is atrocious. Outages are a way of life & don't bother w/ cs because they are unhelpful if you can understand them, they disenrolled me from paperless due to a misunderstanding. Still not enrolled but have no hard copies either! I just reconnected 3 times as I write this review to ironically watch "Fed Up" because my signal is weak my DL speed is poor, for this I pay 75 dollars a month? Regardless of the lack of proof I am quitting this scam service when my prepaid (we pay in advance) month is up! DO NOT USE this service, better to hold a wire hanger in the air!

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information