1.4/5 (349 ratings)

About WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

As a former employee, please save yourself the trouble and find service elsewhere. I spoke to customers every day and 100% validated their complaints. I planned to keep my internet one I left as it was already connected but they refused to give me any better pricing than $96/month for 1g internet ONLY. I called 3 times after my last day to remove the cable because they did NOT do it properly the first time and was told I can't make changes because I'm still an employee. Second time, I couldn't make any changes because I was yet again.. still an employee.

Then 3 weeks later after NO success with anything, I called to cancel because I switch service altogether and could not even cancel my service because I was still classified as an employee! Employee or not, I should still be able to change my services if I want! Then after I contacted my former supervisor to cancel my service because that was the only way.. they deactivate your account after you cancel and now I can't see my final bill to verify the charges! All they can do is email my the final bill within 24-48 hours and now I have to call to pay a bill rather than paying it online. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Had WOW business internet and cable for years. Then one day get a bill from Breezeline internet saying my account has been sent to them. Nothing but trouble. First no internet for a day (I'm a contractor and wife an RN both working from home). Now call forwarding not working. Have messages out in limbo somewhere. Breezeline has a two hour wait for customer service and tech support. Call WOW and my phone number linked to my closed account automatically says to call Breezeline.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I've had problems with my internet for a few weeks. I've called 2 times and chatted with a live agent 3 timed with tech support telling me to unplug modem or something else that didn't help. Was told I would be charged for someone to come out so I threatened to cancel, finally getting an appointment for tech to come to my house between 8am-11am. At 11 I called and they said he'd be here by noon. At 1:45 they said within 30 minutes. Finally at 2:25 I canceled the appointment. Spent over 6 hours of my Sunday off waiting for nothing. Was told no credit or compensation for my internet problems or my time wasted waiting all day. Rescheduled someone to come Wed. I won't hold my breathe on them showing up that day either... What a joke!

Original review: April 1, 2022

When WOW offered Gigabit service in my area I jumped on the chance to get it. I purchased a new Motorola modem and Netgear router capable of handling the speed. While the speeds were greater than my previous 300 Mb service it did not feel like Gigabit service. I checked the speed with WOW custom speedtest and it came way short. After many calls and several hours of time to customer service, they sent a tech out and he found an ancient filter on the line and he removed it and then tried to charge me for the service call. Though the speed did increase to the 700-900 Mb range during the late night (2am-7am), the remaining time it fluctuated between 400-700 Mb. Again, many calls later, they scheduled a tech to come out.

The tech contacted me to discuss the problem before he arrived and he let me know that there was not going to be a solution to the problem as the Gigabit service was rolled out way too early and the system infrastructure could not handle it. He told me that in 6 months to a year it may be able to handle it but not before. I was also told that the standard for Gigabit service was 80% of stated service. The stated service is 1 Gb download and 50 Mb upload so the actual for the low end standard is 800 Mb download and 40 Mb upload. My actual on a good day is 700 Mb download and and 30 Mb upload. While the pricing is good for the stated speed it's pricey for what you actually get.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

This has been happening for a long time and I am tired and stressed out by Wideopenwest and their customer service. Every month I never know what my bill is because for some reason the bill fluctuates (always goes up). This mandates that I call monthly and then the circus begins. I am told one thing and it does not happen. I am told I will get this discount (I do not) or I will be told I will be called back (and they do not call back). They want you to go to paperless billing but how in the world could you do this and they up your bill every single month. I am at the point where I am probably just going to tell them to cancel all of myself services as I can no longer mentally deal with them!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I am on autopay. 2 years ago my charge card exp date changed. I called Wow to change it. That took 3 calls and 2 days to do. A few months later Wow shuts off my service because I have not paid my bill. I told them I'm on autopay. I was told that because I changed the exp date that automatically kicked out of autopay. Last week my credit card was hacked so they shut it down. So I called Wow with a new card # with no problem. Again Wow shut me off. Now they said the last person I called put in a request to shut off my service. I have been so mad at Wow. Their service is so bad it's crazy.

I sent letters to the CEO, of course, no reply. She is too busy spending her money. I tell everyone about Wow. It is now my running joke and I know a lot of money people that run big businesses. They all laugh very hard about my Wow stories and they pass it on. Their phone help are all morons that can't complete simple tasks. I am looking to get rid of this dumb run company out of my life. You will be sorry if you get Wow.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I had to cancel my service after 24 years because I sold my house and moved to different town. They billed me twice and they said I had to pay both bills and I did. 2 months later they send me refund in credit card form that full of different fees to use. I contacted them but to no avail. They told me that they issue a refund via a 3rd party and there is nothing they can do. I hope they get hit with a class action lawsuit because these practices are illegal. I will make sure I don't get them for my new house.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

My parents had WOW for their phone and internet. There were multiple errors made, and fully admitted to, by the company resulting in interrupted phone service and interrupted internet service -- sometimes for days. The company sent bills during the time where internet service was absent which led to billing problems and late fees. They somehow created a 2nd account for my parents and billed that account, as well. It is VERY difficult to speak with a representative that is able to be productive in any way. Reps pass customers on to other reps who then promised call backs when issues were resolved, but no call backs were received. When I called to help my parents figure out what is happening, I asked to speak with a manager, but was told the manager is not able to come to the phone. If I could give lower than one star, I would.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

If wow cared my system should work as required. Slow to respond. No callback have to wait 1/2 hour to talk with a CS rep. Signal weak. Has been like this far too long. Basic package over $ 150 per month. Cable was pushed to be ad free. What a joke. Fight back and let the market decide if they last as a real business.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Requested boxes to return equipment/never received. Called and was charged 25.00 for additional boxes. Customer service is a 0. Turned over to collections. Dropped my credit over 100 points. Never received letter of collection. Called 50 times. Must speak Indian to understand customer service. This entire Company is a joke and should be shut down by FCC as a fraud. I’m considering paying these crooks just to clear my credit. The Federal Government needs to investigate these Crooks.

CMSgt Rudy D. **