WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company has the worst client service ever!!! I work in the client service industry and I would have been fired if I had given this awful service!!! Our cable and internet were out and they promised us service the next day. No show. We called and called and called and they said no appt was scheduled for today. Called again and they said "oh sure we will be there." It's now 9 pm and we are arguing with a supervisor about the appointment. Awful service, awful communication. We will disconnect service immediately.

Worst customer service ever! Service is fine unless you want to stream Directv. But representative signed me up with maiden name that I haven't used in 10.5 years. I assume he got it from background check? When I called about it I was told they don't have access to that information so I must have given it to the rep. But I didn't. The manager said he had no idea who signed me up. If I want my name changed I have to submit a form and my marriage certificate. They wouldn't look at my original papers and literally called me a liar for saying that I didn't sign up with my maiden name.

I have never been so disappointed in a company. The most unreliable, unsatisfying cable to exist. Countless times I have made appointments with WOW, which I confirmed numerous times and they still did not show when I have made inconvenient arrangements to be home from school and work so that I would be there for WOW cable to come. I would recommend to cancel cable immediately with WOW.

What has happened to Wide Open West (WOW) cable/internet/phone services? I have had WOW since I moved into my house. Over the last 5 years, their products and service has gone downhill. For the last 3 years my cable has had digital breakups. WOW fixed that problem at my expense. In order to get it fixed, I had to upgrade my cable box and service from Regular to Ultra. Next issue: now, I cannot seem to get my internet speeds up to what I am being charged for. I pay for a tier 2 package. I have had numerous service men out (at a charge of $50 each time, and it is WOW's own equipment), no one seems to be able to fix the problem.

However, today was the best. (And this is working with what they call a LEAD TECH, Corporate Customer Service Rep and a regular tech.) I was told two things would correct this WIFI speed problem: One, increase my speed package from tier 2 to tier 3. At my expense, then I would get the speed that I was paying for in tier 2, at the cost of tier 3. Two, they would need to connect an ethernet cable? In other words to hard wire the equipment. I will admit, maybe I should have upgraded my computer and TV sooner. However, with a new TV and computer, it seems that WOW still cannot correct this problems. I am beginning to think that Wide Open West (WOW) is an outdated provider.

When I signed up with Wow! for Internet service a year ago I was happy with the promotional offer. Two years for $25.00 a month. Now that I am in one year they suddenly decided to go back on what they offered and increased my bill by $10.00. I planned my strict budget around the rate quoted a year ago. When are companies going to honor what they promise? I can understand a rate increase a year from now, but not now only a year into the 24 months promotion I was offered at sign up. How can you trust a company that does that? Problem customer service at Comcast (Infinity) isn't any better in this area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

A long time satisfied WOW customer, other than their practice of increasing the month cable bill. But over the past few weeks, I have had intermittent cable TV service. The cable TV would go out for a few hours, then come back on. A nightmare of sorts when the WOW technician comes to fix the problem, and finds your service is fine. Just called again today, after a 2 week period of off and on TV... Luckily the On Demand feature still works, and I can catch up on recent missed programs. I have another tech, or should I say Supervisor Tech (whoopee) coming out on Friday. Anyway, it is looking like I maybe be able to solve my problem with a simple switching to another cable company like Xfinity or AT&T. But I see they also have a one star rating like WOW... Can we consumers ever win with these overpriced and under served companies?

We had WOW installed at our new house well over a month ago. I STILL don't have my old phone number yet. I was told originally it'd take about a week to transfer over. You've sent four different technicians out and I've spent countless hours on the phone, as well as a face to face trip to the local WOW office, all attempting to get my old phone number transferred over. Additionally, I have gotten an intermittently fragmented/frozen screen on my TV. Called in once to have it fixed remotely, and then again and service guys were out yesterday. Seemed to work okay until last night's baseball game. Still fragments/freezes up momentarily. I am completely NOT wowed by WOW. I'm ready to go to Bright House, as the reason I came to WOW was because of the bad service at Frontier. This is your last chance. What is WOW going to do for me today?

I've been with WOW for 3 years, many, many issues with the service. Customer service sends out a tech to resolve this, charges the customer $50, then when the issue is not fixed, sends another tech for $50... etc. When you plead with them for a credit, they say the techs must be paid. How is it the customer's problem if the wiring they put in was done incorrectly, or their product breaks? Let me take out my ladder and fix the problem myself? How is it in a customer's control to know if their wiring is done right? They claim it is your home, wires belong to me, even when I did not install them on the outside of my home? Numerous times I've caught errors on my bill and had to get a credit. Well that must be my problem too, that is my bill going to my home? The company is not honorable and the BBB needs to investigate. Too much grief on the customer to deal with this shady corporation.

I moved to AL to be with my fiancee within the past year and a half. Since I have been here I have noticed multiple occasions where the internet's download speed would suffer after a rainstorm. We usually end up having to pester someone to come out. They will troubleshoot stuff inside the house, but when we suggest that it is something outdoors they seem to try to not have to do any actual physical work. The issue eventually resolves itself, but this happens quite frequently and we wind up without internet for a few days at a time.

Recently, instead of having the typical download issues now we're having upload issues instead. It is dropping to below.1 and it's virtually impossible for my fiancee and myself to enjoy our usual entertainment which happens to be a video game (mmorpg). I notice that it happens much more often around certain times of the day - usually in the evening and early morning. It will gradually right itself, usually after a few resets and a lot of patience... a lot a lot of patience. Which right now is running very thin because of these problems. We are planning to see if a tech will come out, but more than likely they will say we need to wait until Monday or something, and then never show up. But if they do show up, it will be the same rinse and repeat response without ever actually fixing the issue!

I would not recommend their services simply for the fact that customer service and their techs seem like they are not obligated at all to help you. They just want to lazily come to your home, fidget a few things, get back in their truck and fidget even more objects, and then go along their way because that's apparently all you get.

The whole experience changing cable companies has been both draining and has made my Mother and myself very upset with the way WOW Cable has treated us as a whole. My sister moved out. She had paid the cable bill. We had decided to change cable companies. Either way, her cable equipment had to be removed. We chose U-Verse as a replacement.

Well, DirecTV showed up the first time, and cut all our cable lines before we could do anything to resolve the mix-up! This led us down the road of no return!

U-Verse misunderstood my Mother and assumed she wanted DirecTV, she did not want DirecTV! Well, after several hours on the telephone my Mother resolved that matter!!! My Mother was able to get U-Verse out to our home pretty quickly, however; we were without telephone, cable and internet services for 24-hours, because of all our lines being cut by the rude man from DirecTV. The man from DirecTV left here in a huff because he "wouldn't be getting paid for the job!!!"

U-Verse came in and installed all their equipment and got us up and running. Before leaving, their representative asked me if I knew our telephone number had been changed to a new telephone number? I explained NO! No one had said anything about our telephone number having to be changed. We have had the same telephone number for 45-years. We have changed cable companies before and had never had any issues! Their rep. gave me a number to contact WOW at to tell them that I want my original phone number back immediately!!

I contacted the telephone number provided before U-Verse had even left our driveway!! After 30 some minutes on the telephone I was assured I could get our original telephone number back. I was told he would put the paperwork through and then he gave me a telephone number to contact on 9-21-2016 to get our original telephone number back. We received another telephone call confirming this information on 9-17-2016.

Then on 9-19-2016, we received a phone call back again from WOW informing us in order for us to get our original telephone number back, we need to plug in the old modem??? Our service must be active, which it still is, but the equipment must be plugged in! Something about FCC regulations??? Well, by this point, we both were blowing smoke out our ears!!!

My Mother is 80-years old and does not need this aggravation at all!! WE JUST WANT OUR ORIGINAL TELEPHONE NUMBER BACK!! But remember, our new cable service had installed their new cables?? So, I did what the man told me. I plugged the modem in!! I told him, "okay the modem is plugged in, do what you gotta do." Now, he says, "plug in the phone line!" At this time, I blew my top, yelled in the telephone... "Give me all the instructions on what we have to do! I want all the instructions!!" The representative, who was supposed to be a "supervisor", hung-up on us!

Now, I have been a telephone bill collector for 30-years and the first thing I was ever taught, you never, ever hang-up on your customer!!! No matter how much they scream, swear, or whatever they do, YOU DON'T HANG UP!!! LET THEM HANG UP FIRST, ALWAYS!! So, about 30-minutes later, their guy showed up to pick up the cable boxes. My Mother quickly told him what was going on. He laughed and said all we have to do is call the sales department at this number and they will help us. My Mother called the sales department number and we have been promised we will have our original old number back on 9-27-2016, no problem!!

I swear the guys on the road know more than the employees in the office!!! And they are nicer too!!! All in all, between my Mother and I, we have spent over 9 hours dealing with this cable service change, just to fix an error on their part. If that isn't ridiculous, I don't know what is!!!??? We didn't receive any order number from U-Verse or WOW? I didn't have to sign an order release or anything once U-Verse had installed everything and had us up and running. We unplugged all the boxes from WOW, so they had no involvement in that aspect.

I'm going to make this short. I planned on keeping Wow for a long time and within 2 months, I had to switch back. They have a 60 day money back guarantee and there are 10 stipulations that they do not even inform you about before you can get that money-back guarantee and you'll be lucky to even get it. (I didn't.) Also, their service is terrible and I had to have someone come out within the first month, which is why I cancelled in the first place. I am looking to start a class action lawsuit against Wow. If anyone else who has been wronged financially by Wow would like to join, please contact me at **.

Nothing is easy with this company and their cable service is the worst ever! Unfortunately, they are the only provider in my area. I discontinued their cable service a year ago & just kept their internet service so I can stream TV on Sling/Hulu. Their cable quality is horrible and way overpriced. PLUS whenever I try to pay my bill online it never works so I have to call their sorry excuse for a phone payment system which sounds like static. You have to listen to long messages that don't even apply to you after each prompt before you can even select your option. If I had another provider option, I would drop them completely!

I have had WOW cable for 2 years due to an exclusive contract my apartment community has with them. Since the beginning, I've had nothing but problems, i.e. poor channel quality, poor internet quality, etc. Their technology is also sub-par, i.e. old DVRs and Phone Service. I hated their DVR and On Demand services so much I bought a TiVo. I have to call frequently due to individual channels disappearing from my line up, and cable/internet outages. I've had to have a technician come out several times, and usually they tinker around and say something about signal strength or it was something temporary.

What finally drove me to write this review was my most recent experience. My cable TV was out except for 1 channel on a Friday and when I called their technician did some "resetting of the cable card" and it didn't resolve the issue. They sent someone on Sunday, who had it fixed before he arrived, saying they went "one step further" than the phone tech did and it restored the service. He indicated that the phone rep could have done the same thing. However, 1 channel that I watch frequently was still not working. He checked the signal strength and swapped out the connection in the service panel and said it was due to low signal. Everything seemed fine after his work.

Then I got my next bill and was charged $50 + taxes/fees, for the visit. I was not told about this ahead of time. So when I called, they removed the $50, but not the Taxes/Fees because they couldn't credit that. When I said I should get a credit for the time my service was out since I had paid for it, I was told that they were only authorized to make a $50 credit. Some other trending issues: my bill when I signed up for service was supposed to be $149 with taxes/fees included in the total. It was only that amount for few months, then jumped to $182/month with no explanation, and recently went up to $194/month again with no explanation.

Channels are consistently "pixelated", picture will go out but retain audio until the picture comes back. The DVR they issued was 10+ years out of date technology. Phone service works, but lacks online management like many other cable companies. The modem that also provides the wifi needs frequent rebooting, or the wifi signal goes out. Internet/phone/cable will frequently go out for a few minutes on a regular basis. I can't recommend this company to anyone. Luckily, the exclusive agreement with my apartment complex is up and we're going to have the option to choose WOW or another cable company. I'll not name the other company, but they are about to get a lot of business from my apartment complex.

I’ve had service with WOW for years and I’ve always stuck with them because I never had an issue with their service and customer service was always friendly and helpful. But at some point during the last few years, that completely changed. Their service started becoming unreliable and their customer service reps were rude, would constantly interrupt you when trying to explain the situation and then act like you’re the one being rude. I won’t go into my exact situation as it’s a year’s worth of issues working with the customer service reps and would be way too long to explain. I have a tech coming to my home tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens then. But my advice, and I hate to say this, is to stay away from WOW. I know that no cable company is perfect but knowing that WOW used to be good and have now gone downhill so much, I just can’t recommend them anymore. I will most likely be switching providers myself.

The purpose of this review is to recognize Customer Service Representative Michael **. I switched to WOW in May for one day and cancelled the service due to lack of availability of specific programs in my area. On the day of installation, I paid one month in advance. I continually called and spoke to several WOW representatives who stated there was no record of my calls and then promised the check was in the mail. I did not receive my refund (a portion was deducted for some odd reason) until the month of September. This was due to the professional, courteous, and 100% customer service oriented by the name of Michael **. He delivered what he promised. I can't thank Michael, **, enough because I never thought I would get my money. Thank you Michael! You are an asset to WOW!

I've been read all the reviews for Broadstripe and I am sure I have everyone beat!! We went with WOW service as a bundle which included cable, Internet and phone service. We ended up cancelling our cable and went with DIRECTV as we had nothing but issues with our boxes. Cable services were terrible!!! We complained and complained and customer service was rude and did nothing to help, except they would throw a credit our way occasionally. So we cancelled the cable, sent the boxes back and received a credit. Months later Broadstripe was sold to WOW. Apparently when the info was transferred over, they transferred our service over as a bundle, phone, Internet and yes... cable!! Because we pay online my husband just paid the bills.

4 years went by and I happened to look at a bill and called asking why it showed cable on my bill?? Of course they said "We show you have cable." I found my paperwork showing when we returned and gave them that info. They confirmed the date they received the cable boxes and didn't know why they were charging me for cable when I haven't had it in 4 years. So I asked to be refunded and was told someone else would contact me. Within 24 hours I received a call, as I overpaid $52.00 extra every month for 4 years.

I was informed I would receive a $50.00 credit and that was it!!! They said it was an error that occurred but it was my responsibility to review my bill. I explained I had reviewed my bill to make sure I wasn't being charged for cable 4 yrs ago. They refused to reimburse me even though they confirmed it was an error on their part!! What a crock of **. I no longer have their service.

I had services installed on 9/2/16. When I called to inquire about the services I was told I would have all my channels from TWC and more. I specifically asked about the kids' channels and was told I would receive them. I purchased the medium bundle. The day of installation they were supposed to be at my house between 1-3. I had to call them. They apologized and said they would have someone at my house within the hour. Nobody showed up. I had to call again. Of course they apologized again and said they would get someone to my house. At 5:23 they showed up, and left at about 7. I had plans and had to cancel them. I noticed that I did not have the kids channels I was promised.

I called in today, 9/8/16, and they said I would have to upgrade to the large package, which is more money of course. I am a disabled veteran and a single mother. I was of course upset, but they were not very friendly. I told them I was going to blast them all over social media and was basically threatened if I did they would not help me. So I went ahead and got the large package and then told them I was blasting them and hung up. The way they treat customers is ridiculous.

If you need help with this company's products beware. You will speak to someone in south America or India who knows nothing and will be told to have a tech person come by. This will cost you $50 each time even if it's the company's fault. Because there are often problems this becomes quite expensive!

Cable companies can make you crazy! I had Knology for more than 10 years and then WOW bought them, so my cable experience has gone down the toilet! And I get to pay them more money to make me unhappy!!! It took a tech some 20 minutes to return my TV's to cable stations. I hate WOW!

The On Demand section of this Cable service Sucks!!! No new movies ever, the shows I do want to watch are never updated! I need a new cable provider. This ** is garbage! Funny thing is all this garbage that is on there no one watches but Heaven forbid I work late and have to miss a show cause if that happens I will never see it, it somehow becomes lost in tv and never to be seen again! Not to mention the slow internet, terrible customer service, screw these guys! You would think that with all the competition out there they would take pride in their service and well that is just not the case! As soon as I have time I will be getting another cable provider! Sincerely Very Disappointed Consumer!!!

If WOW arrives in your area, run in the opposite direction! A few months ago, after talking with friends and comparing bills, I discovered that I was paying far more than they were for less service. I visited our local office, showed the rep copies of the other bills and asked what we could do about the charges. He reviewed the bills, flipped through some pages in a notebook and said the best he could do was give me all three services (phone, internet, cable) for $100 per month plus misc charges, taxes and fees that would bring my monthly total to around $135 which was down from over $200. Mind you, this was the lowest level of services offered and no HD. It was still more than what my friends were paying, but I agreed to it anyway.

I asked for something in writing and he said he couldn't provide me with anything, nor could he make any changes to my bill that was due in 2 weeks (and automatically deducted from my checking account). I asked for his name and said he was Casey. A month later, I received my next bill. Instead of $135, it was $175. I then called our local office, asked to speak to the customer service manager, was told he was helping another customer and I said I'd wait. After 15 or 20 minutes, a guy comes on the line (who sounded very much like the first guy I spoke with), I asked if he was the customer service manager and was told yes. I explained my prior visit and was told they didn't have anyone working there named Casey, nor had they had anyone by that name a month ago.

This guy agreed to honor what I was previously told, but could only do so for a year and I said fine. Two weeks later, my checking account was charged $136. Get my next bill and it's $157. Called the local office again and asked to speak to the manager. After having been left on hold for 30 minutes, I gave up and called the 1-800 number. This took me to a guy in Central America. Told him my story and he said he'd need to place me on hold while he checked into my account. After holding for 9 minutes, I was disconnected.

Called back again and got a woman this time. Again, explained the situation and was told that the manager I spoke to a month earlier did not agree to $100 per month, but rather $122 plus misc charges, taxes and fees. I pointed out to her that I was charged correctly two weeks ago and was told that he gave me an extra credit for that month only. She refused to honor what I'd been told 2 months ago and I told her I'd be leaving WOW, but she didn't seem to care (probably because she's in Central America). I'm now headed to my bank to cancel my direct debit authorization. If I could, I'd give it zero stars, but the lowest is one. Thank you.

So WOW keeps increasing our bill. Two months ago, they increased it 25.00 for no reason and said to save money I should discontinue our land line. So I did. This month's bill went up another 25.00! The representative on the phone tried to say there was no error and basically 125.00 minus landline equals 150.00!! She was very patient and tried hard to find the problem. In the end, the rep said, "When you make a change on your account such as dropping landline service, your account goes back to default settings."

They charged me an extra 50.00 in random default settings including 20.00 service repairman (did not have repairs), 10.00 wifi modem (we have our own modem), upgraded internet (we use the "slowest") and left off our 10.00 discount they promised for a year! I can't believe they care so little about their customers!! Did they think I wouldn't notice that 125.00 minus landline service equals 150.00? Geeezz what idiots! I hope I don't have to go through this every month!

We have had WOW for 2 years in which the bill has went from $65 to $130. Our service and internet is always out. If you call that's $50 for service. I am looking for new service at this time. I also seen a commercial that you treat your customers and employees with great service - WRONG! There have been so many bad reviews I know now why people go to Bright House. I will not recommend you to anyone.

My service was turned off for nonpayment for almost a month. I had just moved here and was unable to find a job. So yes, I understand that part is my responsibility. However, they still billed me for the time I didn't have service. $140.44. Billed me just like I had service. I called and it was supposed to be resolved and that amount deducted from my bill. I played to have it turned back on and everything was fine. Then, I get the next bill and it shows a past due amount for $140.44.

I called again to get it resolved and the representative was rude and unprofessional. Told me I never had my service interrupted and kept talking over me. I hung up on him in an attempt to speak to a supervisor. I am told because my service was "soft" disconnected and not "hard" disconnected I still get billed the regular amount. WHAT?? I don't care what kind d of disconnect it was. I DIDN'T HAVE SERVICE AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT LIKE I DID HAVE SERVICE!! That is just criminal. I now have a call into corporate. If this matter is not resolved I WILL see an attorney over these poor business practices!.

Recently I had no internet service for hours at a time then it would come back on for a short while only to go off at various times. I called customer service only to be put on hold for longer than 20 minutes then told the soonest they could come out would be in 5 days. When I told them I worked from home and that this would not work for me they told me a service tech would call me before the end of the day. They said that twice on 2 separate days and both days came and went with no call back. Finally when they did call me it was Saturday night and close to 9pm. I told each person I talked to what horrible customer service they had and I would recommend them to NO ONE. I asked for a credit and the best they could do was $5 off my monthly bill. Lately I've found that I can't connect on a wireless mode so that will be the next call to them. Their service may be cheaper but in this case, you get what you pay for.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I have both internet and cable TV with this company and have had TERRIBLE service with BOTH services. INTERNET: Called for service and was told a tech would be out that afternoon. Got a call from the tech saying he had "already left the area" and would come tomorrow. Upon explaining that I would be at work he said he would "make a special trip back" to see what he could do (this was at 3:30pm). He ran in for a few minutes and said he needed parts and would be back the next day at 3:30. I said fine, and left work early to be home to let him in... NEVER SHOWED, NEVER CALLED. Went back and forth with customer service getting nowhere. Finally asked to speak to a "supervisor" who did get someone back... 2 DAYS LATER... To fix the issue!!

CABLE: No cable TV since 5:30 this morning. Called customer service... "Sure, we'll schedule a tech to come out..." First available appointment? 4 DAYS from now!! Explained this was unacceptable and wanted to speak with a "supervisor". Waited on hold 45 minutes, only to be told the first available appt 4 DAYS from now is a full day time slot, which means I would have to take the day off work to wait around to see if someone would show up this time. Again, I explained this was unacceptable. Her only solution was to make an appt 5 DAYS from now with the latest 3 hour window being 1-4pm... Still requiring me to leave work early to wait for their tech! I expressed my total dissatisfaction and asked for some type of credit/compensation. A $10 credit was the "most she could do". RUN FROM THIS COMPANY. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!

Their sales tactics can only be described as 'bait and switch'. If you are looking for a 'deal' you definitely won't find one here!! Whatever price you're quoted, you can expect to be billed approximately double.

First of all, I do not ever review companies or products online, but my family was really scammed out of a lot of money by this company, and I think others should know what they are signing up for. My experience with Wow started out very positive. We originally chose Wow because they offered T.V. and internet for only $50 a month, but the internet service has had constant problems since almost the beginning of the service. We have had many service calls out to the house for it. Finally they figured out the problem and it has been working well enough for the last couple of months.

Because of these service problems, my husband asked that Wow give us some sort of compensation for all of the trouble. The customer service rep told him that they would give him an "upgraded channels" without the additional charge. My husband did not follow up to see what we were being charged until this month. Unfortunately that means he did not catch the $400+ that Wow had deducted from our account in the last three months. We called to find out why we had been overcharged and was told that the free "upgrade" wasn't free and they had been charging us $150 a month for the additional channels. Had we known that this was going to happen we definitely would not have authorized it.

HGTV is good but not worth $100 per month! Regardless, when we explained the situation to the Wow manager she said that the most she could give us was a $156 refund because the "bundle" package was $98.00. (So I'm not really sure where the $150 was coming from.) I asked that she go back to the recorded conversation where the rep told my husband he would not be charged the additional upgrade fee, but the manager said she would not be able to locate it without us providing the name of the Wow representative that my husband talked to back in April. By the way, this whole conversation took over two hours and we got nowhere. In conclusion, don't be suckered by the promotional deals this company offers, and if you do decide to go with them watch your account very carefully or you may end up in the red.

Thank you WOW. Thank you for the long waits on the phone for service. Thank you for the chronic low speeds and outages. Thank you for today's internet disconnects that prompted me to call your "Award Winning Customer Service" in the first place. Thank you to the associate from the internet department who advised me that the previous customer's password was still on my WOW provided modem. (Is that what will happen to my password?) Thank you to that same associate for rendering my modem inoperable during the course of trying to diagnose the problem--and for the disconnected phone call about the same time. Thank you WOW for a customer service phone system that required me to call back, remain on hold again, and try to explain what happened every step of the way--thru the snarky guy in customer service and finally back to the internet department to a new guy who had no idea of what had transpired, or how to help me.

Thank you for not being able to get a service person out to assist me until later the next day. After all, I called with slow service and during the course of WOW's technical attempts, lost my service altogether. Thank you for not taking any responsibility for that. If WOW had, I would still be a customer and as of today, after 4 years, I no longer am. I decided to try Xfinity wireless and so far, it is performing better for me than WOW ever did. Thank You WOW.

When my bill reached $160.00 a month, I got rid of all services except for internet. The first month was $25.00. The second month was $65.00 because they had "upgraded" my internet. What a load of crap.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Profile