Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: July 31, 2020

My promo rate for the 1st year was locked in but last month, July, they increased it 7 dollars. What happened to my "locked in promo rate year 1?" Said it was "broadcast fees and sports fees." Really? What sports? Hello WOW, what sports? Hasn't been any sports on TV in 5 months, what a joke and ripoff. No sir, when my time is up with them, I'm done. You have lost what could have been a "lifetime customer."

Original review: July 25, 2020

WOW violated our two year contract (Account # **) by attempting to charge me $155/month starting the second year instead of the agreed to contract price of $133/month. After contacting WOW to resolve the issue, WOW refused to honor the 2nd year $133/month contract price and terminated their services. I sent back all equipment in a WOW supplied FedEx box.

My final bill sent June 24, 2020 showed a credit of $60. WOW subsequently attempted to charge me for equipment (that was returned) and cancelation charges even though they violated the contract. I contacted WOW again and provided them details on the returned equipment and their violation of the contract. WOW has not refunded my $60 credit and has sent another bill for $216 on July 17, 2020 for alleged unreturned equipment and contract cancelation chargers. All original telephone contract agreements were record by WOW as well as my call to try to get them to honor the original contract and correct their billing.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have had the displeasure of WOW cable internet since early November 2019 and it has not worked correctly since day 1. Be warned. They now have an early termination fee "AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE (ETF) OF UP TO $165 for a 12-month services term or $345 for a 24-month services term" (from their site). I have had 9 technicians out here and 0 of them have fixed the issues I have which include:

High ping
      High jitter
      No service at times
      Sub contract speeds at times (Keep in mind, per their contract, they only need to provide 80% of what they say you will get so if you have 500 mbps download speed 400mbps is good enough for you, and I have had speeds half that (documented))
      Random disconnects

Wifi service that doesn't work on apps on my phone but when I switch to 4G they "miraculously" work. (Some of the tech people are pretty sure the app is down even when shown evidence to the contrary)

I have been told "You have been getting consistent 400mbps for the last 30 days." by a tech at my house. I showed him 14 speed tests (ok he only looked at 1 but I have them all, he could have looked at all of them but he chose not to) that proved I have not been getting that and he said "it's working now... What do you want me to do? I can't work on something that isn't broken."

I have spent nearly 6 hours on the phone with their customer service reps (who all have the same script and will all say "It must be something on your end." Even if you have, as I have, called every company with anything to do with your computer twice and everything is fine. I finally filed a BBB complaint and got 2 months of "free" substandard service, but no fix to my problems. This took about 2 hours total in back and forth emails, include WOW saying I was lying about how much I called until I provided phone records and they they basically said, "So what – you caught us lying."

I have had techs show up on the wrong day, let alone the 3 hour window they give. I have had 2 tech show in the same day, when 1 was all I was told about, and neither of them showed in the time window I was told they would be in. I even had a tech call me and ask me if I still wanted them to come out? "Yes it still doesn't work." I have dealt with very loud rooster crowing, and loud "street noise" (even though the voice was always the same and the noise pretty much had to be coming from inside the same room) on the line while dealing with their customer service. I have spent about 16 hours waiting on techs to show.

I attest that all of the above true and documented. So if this sounds like the kind of service you want then WOW cable is for you! However my recommendation would be run away! Run far and run fast because this is the worst service I have ever experienced, from any company, anywhere, at any time, ever. I have spent this much time compiling this review in the hopes that no one ever have to go through what I went/am going through for internet service.

Original review: June 15, 2020

My contract came to end and Wow said I had to upgrade to 100 mbps and they would include an eero + beacon wifi system for additional $10 per month. I chose to not rent equipment which does not have a payout and cost of not renting will have positive payout to me if I go ahead and buy the equipment. They gave recommendation for new modem and I checked and their recommendation is not state of the art.

I went ahead and bought new Arris SB8200 Docsis 3.1 and eero Pro (tri band, 2nd generation) plus eero Beacon. Wow was going to provide old eero (1st generation dual band, not as good plus Beacon. I already pay for Wow service protection plan so I called and asked for an appointment... marked it on my calendar. Day came and nobody showed up, also never received email noting confirmation, date, time etc. I called after they didn't show and they told me they didn't have any appointment for me at this time or any other time. Unbelievable. All of the customer service is handled out of the Phillipines (I asked). I wish I had another option but for other reasons I refuse to use Spectrum (I used to) and ATT and other providers do not service my area. My bad luck. Avoid if at all possible.

Original review: June 13, 2020

WOW has this long message that they are here for their customers who have been affected by COVID-19, however, when you call for the assistance they tell you to call back when your service has been disrupted and then they can give you extension, which then charge you a reconnections fee. This is the same practice WOW has always been doing. Before WOW gives anyone an payment arrangement you have to wait until your service has been disruptive first and then they will restore it the same day and charge you a restore fee and then give you 7 days to pay before they disrupt your service again.

Unlike other cable, phone, and utilities companies you call them and set up payment arrangements and they let you keep your services on. I feel WOW is taking advantage of consumers by getting extra fees by disrupting the services first before offering any assistance even during this unprecedented time of COVID-19 Pandemic, therefore, that should not be a part of their message when calling to try in keep your service from being disruptive.

Original review: June 6, 2020

If I could go negative stars I would. I signed up for the 1 gig service. Things were fine and then service would drop on a regular basis- when a competitor came in at a better price and my patience level was very low due to their ineptitude, I made the switch. Granted, during the time I was with them, I used my own Asus wifi router and Cable modem that was compatible with their service since their equipment and router/modem combo's were pretty poor and was told such by the technician. We used their phone service for a security system we had.

When we canceled in Spet 2019 we drove to Blaze Industrial Pkway in Berea, Ohio and dropped off the lone piece of equipment we had. We have now moved on to another provider - Wow then decides to charge us 4 months in a row for service we are not using as we have none of their equipment and have physically dropped off equipment at their Berea, Ohio location.

Since my Mom was in ICU and I was dealing with other family issues the latter part of 2019 I did not stop them charging my account until January. I reached out to them and was told I had a 240 dollar credit coming via check. Time would go on and no check shoed up and then WOW's story turned bizarre. I was now being told the equipment I turned in was never turned into the warehouse even though I dropped it off to an actual human being at their Blaze Industrial office.

I asked about this equipment and they were unable to tell me the model or make or what the equipment was but they could tell me a serial number. So I am waiting for my 240 plus check they told me was coming my way due to them charging me 4 months for service I did not have. I then receive a bill for $175 dollars for said equipment - and then I get a letter stating the 175 was written off for goodwill. A month goes by and then I get a letter that they are sending the 175 to a bill collector. Wow- you admit to overcharging me for 4 months and then create mystery equipment but cannot tell me the exact description. Then you push it through to a bill collector.

On top of that, the new service provider said my 1 gig service was set up with degraded equipment. Not only did Wow have 1 splitter, they had 2 splitters they used when setting up my 1 gig service. it was explained to me that a splitter will slow your speed and in this case- not once but twice. I have reached out to settle this but you have to log in to an account to start the process and I have no account. I have approached them on Twitter as I will again. I would give up using the internet before I ever used this company. Shady business practices and I am still waiting on the 240 plus dollars that they said they overcharged- use a cup and a string before using Wow.

Original review: May 14, 2020

WOW cable service horrible. They don’t work with people. Will rob you. Took 400$ then 2 weeks later turned cable off. Wouldn’t turn it back on. Had to pay 210 more dollars For them to turn it on. In this crisis they know it’s hard times right now. They are horrible people. A horrible company. Do not deal with them. Do not get their service. Horrible.

Original review: May 13, 2020

What an awful company. This is the worst experience I've ever had with an internet provider. They are throttling my speeds. I'm paying for 100mbps and speed tests show that it is on average at 12 mbps. After 10+ calls with customer service in a span of 4 months, they blame it on their router and offer to send a tech out to replace it. The tech lied and never came to the appt -TWICE. After he missed the first appointment I rescheduled and he missed that one too, never showed up. Then they charged me $50 for a missed appointment when I was home that entire afternoon waiting on the tech. Unbelievable! I honestly do not know how they have not been sued and shut down. It's sad that they are taking advantage of their customers this way.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We have had WOW's Home Phone Plus service as part of their bundled cable/internet and phone service for a little over 3 years with no big issues up until the time we moved to a new home about 15 miles from our old home in April. Over the next two and a half weeks I spent more than 10 hours on the phone with WOW customer service unable to resolve my problem. WOW's customer service is not based in the U.S. and some of their customer advocates have distinct accents that are not easy to understand. They seem trained to answer from written scripts and not answer questions directed to them. I talked to at least 10 of their advocates and they often contradicted each other.

We contacted WOW's customer service in January to see if they offered service at our new home to be and whether we could port our home telephone number of 42 years to the new home. The customer advocate told us no problem with porting our number. About a week prior to our move date, I called WOW to schedule the moving of our service. I informed the customer advocate that we wanted to port our telephone number. She replied it was not a problem. When the WOW technician came to the new house to move our service, I reminded him we were keeping the same phone number. He said sure, no problem.

The technician was not able to install all 5 of our TVs and promised to return the next day. We eventually had 3 different techs come to the house to complete the installation of our internet and TVs. Our house is a one story ranch style home with a full basement. Granted the basement is finished and parts of the ceiling are drywalled, but it should not have taken 3 days.

The day (Friday) after the first tech came to the house we learned that people calling our old phone number were getting a recording saying that our phone had been disconnected. Unbeknownst to us WOW had assigned us a new phone number without telling us. We called WOW and the customer advocate told us our old phone would be reconnected within 24 to 48 hours. After 48 hours had passed without a resolution, I called WOW back. I was told that the employees that would work on our problem were not working because it was a weekend. He said to call back Monday morning after 10 am.

I called WOW back at 11 am on Monday morning and I was told that the old number could not be restored until the account holder (my wife) approved it. She said an e-mail would be sent to my wife within 24 hours requesting her approval. After more than 24 hours had passed I called WOW back. The customer advocate I talked to said my wife's approval wasn't needed and he would call me back the next day to update me on the status. He did call me back the next day. He was the only customer service rep whoever called me back as promised and I talked to 10 of them over the two and a half week period. He told me the team was working on it and would hopefully be done later in the day.

After more than 24 hours had gone by with no resolution, I called WOW back and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said she would elevate my issue to management and would call me back the next day Friday at 3 pm. After not hearing from the supervisor by 5 pm, I called the WOW supervisor back. I was told she was not available, so I left a message for her.

At 9:30 pm that day I called WOW back again since the supervisor never returned my call. The customer advocate I talked to said the supervisor had sent an e-mail to phone operations on Thursday and that it would take them 5 business days to respond. I waited 5 business days and heard nothing. I called WOW back again and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me my old phone number could not be ported to my new home because we crossed a rate center boundary when we moved and there was nothing that could be done.

So I spent a good 10 hours of my time over a two week period only to find out that I had been given erroneous information prior to our move and our old telephone number had been returned to the wireline to be assigned to other customers so it was too late to port it to a cell phone. Had I been told upfront, I would have had time to port the number to my cellphone. My wife and I are seniors and this is causing so much inconvenience and stress for us as we had used the old number for 42 years and literally several hundred friends, relatives, banks, credit card companies, doctors, and other professional and business contacts had that number and now we have to try to notify them of our new number.

The following Monday we tried to use the voicemail feature of our home phone plus service and found out we couldn't call into it. I again had to call WOW customer service. The advocate told me voice mail for our new phone number had never been activated by WOW. She said it should have been done at the time the number was assigned to us and it would take 24 hours to do. So after more than two weeks since our phone number was first assigned to us we don't have all of the features we are paying for. We are totally disgusted with WOW's customer service or lack thereof and would not recommend their service to anyone. They may be a few dollars cheaper than some of the larger communications companies, but you get what you pay for.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I paid for 100 Mbps and my speed dropped to 1.7. I never received a statement in March of 2020 and when I thought about it and investigated it, they sent out a statement for April and charged me a $ 10. late fee. They charged me $ 121.42 In January, then $ 131.42 in February, then $ 138.26 in March and then $ 161.96 In April. April is when my Mbps dropped to 1.7 and I decided to go to Spectrum. I have been calling and e-mailing WOW since April 24,2020 when I had Spectrum installed and I can't talk to anybody and nobody is returning my e-mails. All I want is a corrected bill and I'll pay it. Don't get WOW.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information