Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.47/5

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Granted Comcast Cable is expensive and after a price increase I succumbed to an aggressive "used car type" salesman that came to my door. I signed up for WOW cable assuming that cable was cable and the main difference was price. VERY VERY WRONG!!! I could go into the details, but suffice it to say that this company with their customer service center in the Philippines can't even provide premium channels in HD!

While they sent out a technician to fiddle with the remote control settings for 15 minutes before giving up in confusion, the official response I received the next day stated: "The signal we receive from the broadcaster is just the standard definition 4:3 480p format for all the premium channels. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has may cause you. Regards, Ivan - N2140 Email Support Specialist" Then to add insult to injury charged me $50 plus tax for the service call. DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS SHYSTER COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Couldn't get out of contract. Reason: Information given by service tech not salesperson. No salesperson ever contacted us. Charges for long distance phone service from Mi. to Al.. 5$ service fee didn't know about. Contacted lawyer, told signed contract so are stuck for 2 yrs. Contract lettering so small no one could read it, especially senior citizens. Feel they took advantage of our age. Have already had 3 service calls. Had to replace 2 modems already. Really BAD customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Cancelled Wow after 16 months prior to billing due to horrible service and slow speeds. The Cable was out constantly and no internet due to constant line repairs and service outages. Cancelled the day of my account being debited for the next month and was told my refund would be less $135.00 cancellation fee. Was expecting a refund out of my $225.00 bill but received a new bill for $62.85 and was told that they billed mid cycle and I had service for 19 days that was due plus $135.00. Not what their rep said at time of cancellation. Do yourself a favor and and go with a no contract service like spectrum. This company will stick it to you anyway they can. Their sales people are deceptive, service is terrible, and customer service reps lie.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have been with WOW! for almost 2 years now. I work from home, so the internet is vital in my home. I am a single parent (widow) of four children, so working is mainly how I take care of them. I have had several call-outs, verbal warnings for attendance, etc., all because my internet is constantly intermittent. Now this company is messing with my children's livelihood.... Calling the local number doesn't help because that representative says that it's the 1-800 line and they cant help you. That they have to put a ticket in to the Local office in Dothan, AL., and just wait 30-45 minutes for a call back. Well, 9 times out of 10 the local WoW! office never call you back the same day. Even if you call the number 50 times, same reply.

I refuse to go inside of the office, because they are soooo super rude. I had to ask to speak with another person, because that employee has no business working in customer service. Another complaint that I have is that on my September 1st bill, I have a transferred amount from some mysterious account. I have never had but one account with this company.... but Im expected to pay this extra bill because you say so, or be disconnected!!!! That's so wrong because I pay for 100mbps of internet, I ran a speed test and the highest speed that WoW! has is 5mbps. I feel as if I should get refunded for internet services that Im paying for but not receiving. At this point, I am really considering leaving this company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I had this horrible company at one time. The only thing good about them was price. I guess you get what you pay for. I cancelled my service with them and went with another company. I was current on my billing and returned my equipment. Then, for money was low and decided to call them back in hopes of signing back up. I was told that they see that I have a balance back from before I even owned the home. I told them this and they told me that I must have either known or lived with the previous owners. I did neither.

It is obvious the balance did not belong to me. It is possible for them to figure this out by looking at the deed which is public record. It will show when I purchased and when the balance was due. Also, it should not, and I am sure, it is not in my name. Two questions. If it is my balance then why did they let me have an account with them for soo long and not even mention anything. Also, why has nobody attempted to collect on the "debt". I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business bureau. I will be awaiting a resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This company is quite deceptive in their sales and installation. I would NOT recommend them to anyone!! Their customer service is horrible and they lie telling you issues are resolved and when you call back, the next person don't have any record of why you called before. They are extremely stressful to deal with. They took my phone number that I had with another provider for 17 years and was deceptive in their intent to try to switch my service. I wouldn't use their service if they were the only company around!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I have been a WOW customer for a year. This has been too long and I am stuck for another year. Since the hook up September 2018 there have been problems. The first week I had no internet connection which I need for work. The wi-fi showed up, but no internet. I do not even know how that is possible. They did things over the phone and it would work for a couple hours and go out again. Finally they sent someone out who didn’t even touch my equipment, but made a call. Tah dah — fixed. He said my account was originally set up wrong.

Several times over the year wi-fi has gone out. At least a couple times a month. Usually they tell me it is an outage in my area. Early September 2019, out again. Always we go through the same things, resetting modem, resetting this Eeros device. Still nothing. Then woman tells me I can connect to their internet. I had been connected to my named WiFi all year and didn’t even know there was another connection option. So this works and they send out someone to replace the Eeros device saying it is not working properly. Tech comes out a couple days later and changes a coax cable and splitter. He said all fixed. Eeros working fine. Friday, September 20, out again. At least now I know I can connect under another WiFi name.

I call on Saturday, the 21st. An hour on the phone with someone I can barely understand. She resets the modem four times and has me unplugging and plugging in things. Still nothing. (I learned after the first time I called their protocol so I started resetting things before I call.) Sets up a tech appointment which she says is tomorrow between 8-11. I confirm tomorrow, Sunday, 8-11. She confirms. So here I am Sunday the 22nd at 1:06 PM. No tech. Call customer service. They tell me my appointment is tomorrow, Monday, between 8-11. I say no, I was told today as I will be at work tomorrow and would not make that appointment.

Of course, no one can come now until Tuesday. And to make matters worse, after my first year of service, I knew my bill was going to go up a few dollars. So what happened when my bill came this month—it was doubled—over $300. “Somehow they made a mistake”. Gave me the actual amount over the phone it should be and said to pay that amount only. We will see what happens next bill. I only have two options for cable company and in a year, I will be changing. However, my second option I do not think is much better.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I switch back to WOW Cable after being a Spectrum customer for 2 years. With Spectrum I never had a problem. Spectrum Cable at nice loud sound. Not only loud but quality loud sound. WOW has lackluster sound. Even turned up it’s soft and lacking that oomph. Plus in one week my Cable box went out. Now I have to wait 3 days for a Tech to come out and replace a bad box. The process will take 20 minutes. Disappointed to say the least.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My stuff hasn't worked right in weeks. I called, got an appointment. It was for between 1 pm and 4 pm. No one showed or called so I called. They said dispatch would call me back and they never did. Then waiting still at 7 pm still no tech. Still no one called. I asked if I could be rescheduled they said yes for the 18th. Mind you this is on the 10th. They were to show at this point. They are 3 hours late still dispatch hasn't called back. Either my services have not worked right in about 3 4 weeks. Now they want me to wait until the 18th or wait for tech to arrive way over scheduled hour he was to be here. These people are a very poor provider. I would run the other way If I was you. This branch is in Michigan.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

First and foremost, I pay for 100mbps of internet speed. I have been received under 5mbps for the past few months. Make note, I have never received quite 100mbps due to using wireless connection; however, when I connected with a wired connection recently my connection never went up more than 2 mbps. Therefore, I would recommend getting a service provider that will provide what they say.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information