Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: May 13, 2020

What an awful company. This is the worst experience I've ever had with an internet provider. They are throttling my speeds. I'm paying for 100mbps and speed tests show that it is on average at 12 mbps. After 10+ calls with customer service in a span of 4 months, they blame it on their router and offer to send a tech out to replace it. The tech lied and never came to the appt -TWICE. After he missed the first appointment I rescheduled and he missed that one too, never showed up. Then they charged me $50 for a missed appointment when I was home that entire afternoon waiting on the tech. Unbelievable! I honestly do not know how they have not been sued and shut down. It's sad that they are taking advantage of their customers this way.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We have had WOW's Home Phone Plus service as part of their bundled cable/internet and phone service for a little over 3 years with no big issues up until the time we moved to a new home about 15 miles from our old home in April. Over the next two and a half weeks I spent more than 10 hours on the phone with WOW customer service unable to resolve my problem. WOW's customer service is not based in the U.S. and some of their customer advocates have distinct accents that are not easy to understand. They seem trained to answer from written scripts and not answer questions directed to them. I talked to at least 10 of their advocates and they often contradicted each other.

We contacted WOW's customer service in January to see if they offered service at our new home to be and whether we could port our home telephone number of 42 years to the new home. The customer advocate told us no problem with porting our number. About a week prior to our move date, I called WOW to schedule the moving of our service. I informed the customer advocate that we wanted to port our telephone number. She replied it was not a problem. When the WOW technician came to the new house to move our service, I reminded him we were keeping the same phone number. He said sure, no problem.

The technician was not able to install all 5 of our TVs and promised to return the next day. We eventually had 3 different techs come to the house to complete the installation of our internet and TVs. Our house is a one story ranch style home with a full basement. Granted the basement is finished and parts of the ceiling are drywalled, but it should not have taken 3 days.

The day (Friday) after the first tech came to the house we learned that people calling our old phone number were getting a recording saying that our phone had been disconnected. Unbeknownst to us WOW had assigned us a new phone number without telling us. We called WOW and the customer advocate told us our old phone would be reconnected within 24 to 48 hours. After 48 hours had passed without a resolution, I called WOW back. I was told that the employees that would work on our problem were not working because it was a weekend. He said to call back Monday morning after 10 am.

I called WOW back at 11 am on Monday morning and I was told that the old number could not be restored until the account holder (my wife) approved it. She said an e-mail would be sent to my wife within 24 hours requesting her approval. After more than 24 hours had passed I called WOW back. The customer advocate I talked to said my wife's approval wasn't needed and he would call me back the next day to update me on the status. He did call me back the next day. He was the only customer service rep whoever called me back as promised and I talked to 10 of them over the two and a half week period. He told me the team was working on it and would hopefully be done later in the day.

After more than 24 hours had gone by with no resolution, I called WOW back and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said she would elevate my issue to management and would call me back the next day Friday at 3 pm. After not hearing from the supervisor by 5 pm, I called the WOW supervisor back. I was told she was not available, so I left a message for her.

At 9:30 pm that day I called WOW back again since the supervisor never returned my call. The customer advocate I talked to said the supervisor had sent an e-mail to phone operations on Thursday and that it would take them 5 business days to respond. I waited 5 business days and heard nothing. I called WOW back again and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me my old phone number could not be ported to my new home because we crossed a rate center boundary when we moved and there was nothing that could be done.

So I spent a good 10 hours of my time over a two week period only to find out that I had been given erroneous information prior to our move and our old telephone number had been returned to the wireline to be assigned to other customers so it was too late to port it to a cell phone. Had I been told upfront, I would have had time to port the number to my cellphone. My wife and I are seniors and this is causing so much inconvenience and stress for us as we had used the old number for 42 years and literally several hundred friends, relatives, banks, credit card companies, doctors, and other professional and business contacts had that number and now we have to try to notify them of our new number.

The following Monday we tried to use the voicemail feature of our home phone plus service and found out we couldn't call into it. I again had to call WOW customer service. The advocate told me voice mail for our new phone number had never been activated by WOW. She said it should have been done at the time the number was assigned to us and it would take 24 hours to do. So after more than two weeks since our phone number was first assigned to us we don't have all of the features we are paying for. We are totally disgusted with WOW's customer service or lack thereof and would not recommend their service to anyone. They may be a few dollars cheaper than some of the larger communications companies, but you get what you pay for.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I paid for 100 Mbps and my speed dropped to 1.7. I never received a statement in March of 2020 and when I thought about it and investigated it, they sent out a statement for April and charged me a $ 10. late fee. They charged me $ 121.42 In January, then $ 131.42 in February, then $ 138.26 in March and then $ 161.96 In April. April is when my Mbps dropped to 1.7 and I decided to go to Spectrum. I have been calling and e-mailing WOW since April 24,2020 when I had Spectrum installed and I can't talk to anybody and nobody is returning my e-mails. All I want is a corrected bill and I'll pay it. Don't get WOW.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I signed up for the 34.99 service. When my bill arrived it is for $73.76. I called billing and was told this amount is correct. I definitely feel scammed and was not told about doubling the amount they quoted with fees and equipment rental etc. WOW what a joke. I am going to try and cancel this scam out and go with a reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Crappy service with third world techs who haven't the foggiest notion as to what is going on. They are taught however to avoid having to send a tech to the house to fix the problem. It's like everything else these days. Sometimes it takes human interaction with a tech on site rather than a lot of endless telephone gibberish to resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Really frustrated and disappointed with Wow and it's On Demand services. I am not sure why they even offer the service, since I find on a regular basis that the content is not timely updated. I usually find myself having to watch a missed show on my computer or phone via the channel's app as opposed to On Demand because the show is not available On Demand. If the service isn't going to be timely updated, they should simply not offer it, as it defeats the purpose.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I'm in Clearwater, FL. In my opinion, WOW service sucks. I don't recommend them. I went with them to save money from Spectrum. What a mistake. I got the 100M Internet and cable tv.

1) The cable tv was flaky. Stuttering and dropping.

2) Internet would drop all the time. I have my setup so that I can remote in and get things off of equipment (servers) in my home. I would attempt to remote back in and the system would be down. I would call and they would have no explanation. I would get the service restored and then it would go down again. Vicious cycle of hell.

I called support, they could not fix and I left and went back to Spectrum. Their service works and is reliable.... Slightly more money, but you get what you pay for. Now the fun part. They sent me a termination fee after all my hell. Nice. Screw you WOW! It's a nice racket where you can put out a product that doesn't work and expect to be paid on a contract when it doesn't. You decide if you want the hell I had.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

15 Mbps Download and 100+ ping on a daily basis. This is all while paying for 1 Gigabit internet, which is 1000 Mbps for anyone who doesn't know. They gave us good internet for 2 weeks and then it went downhill from there. This is all while being hooked up to and Ethernet directly from the router. If you or someone who is living with you likes to play online video games, forget it. Their "Super Fast Internet" deal that we paid for specifically said on it that it is great for families with gamers and heavy internet users, but in practice at random times in an online game or a call you will get a consistent 100ms+ ping (which is horrible, normal ping from alright internet providers is around 15ms-30ms. At this point it's almost false advertising. I'd recommend a mobile phone hotspot over this joke of an internet provider. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have been a WOW! customer for over two years. Many, many times my 100 mbps Internet service has dropped out completely or struggled to even reach 5 mbps. I called customer service once to negotiate a lower price for the same service following the expiration of promotional pricing in my initial two year contract. The representative overseas really struggled to even find my account. After 20 minutes of answering the same questions repeatedly, he finally found the correct account. Then, I got to enjoy his company for another 40 minutes while he struggled to understand how his own company handled price changes on my account. Needless to say, I will not be selecting WOW! again when I relocate my family soon.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I've had WOW for a year & half. It started out great. My internet went out once during the 1st year. I figured it was being worked on so I accepted it. Now after my first year, my internet has gone out 3 or 4 times. That's how many times I've noticed. The last 2 times have been on Sundays.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information