1.40/5
Based on 141 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now a member of the DexYP product lineup, YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

Call us today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

742 YP Marketing Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

I started advertising my business BClean with Yellow Pages in November 2017, and gained ZERO customers!!! Home Advisor has brought numerous customers and because of them my business is successful. I know now why YP makes you sign a contract. I would not recommend any company advertising with Yellow Pages. Can’t wait for my contract to expire!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 19, 2018

Last year, I noticed I was being overcharged by YP for their advertising services of my small business. This was not the first time, mind you. I notified YP, and they acknowledged their error. I stated I wanted no further dealings with YP; they gave me a phone number to call to cancel, but interestingly, no one ever answered that phone. Meanwhile, I continued to be billed, and recently my account was sent to a collection agency that is harassing me and threatening to seize my bank accounts. I wrote a detailed letter to the CEO of YP, which was ignored. I suspect their practices are systemically deceptive, since this happened to me more than once. My next step is to send a formal complaint to their state's AG office recounting my experience with YP. Avoid this company and save yourself all this aggravation!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2018

I signed up for the Platinum program YP offers. The marketer stated I would be on the first page of the search engine, my telephone number was not listed in the advertisement correctly. Everything offered was false totally. When I called to complain I was put on hold numerous times. Last year when I decided to cancel since I was wasting my income the representative obliged. Now I have received telephone calls from YP stating I was late on my payment after canceling. Now I receive calls from alleged collection agencies. A TOTAL WASTE OF INVESTMENT!

Hi Thomas -

I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding the performance of your program. Client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here at DexYP. We'll be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

I just received a new phonebook from YP (that I did not want). While looking through it I noticed several established local businesses that I frequent were not listed. The companies have a strong presence online and very high ratings but it seems YP has either did not listed them on purpose (maybe they didn't pay them) or YP is just so bad at their job that they have been overlooked for several years?!? They should stop killing trees and focus on retaining their dwindling market share as a "go-to" for looking up well-respected companies. Completely omitting great businesses from their listings is a shame as it does the end user a bad product.

Hi Jesse -

I apologize that you received an unwanted phone book. If you'd like, we can have you added to our "Do Not Deliver" list to prevent future deliveries. If there are businesses in your area that you don't see listed, they chose not to be included in paid advertising in the book for this year.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 10, 2018

Our business signed a contract with YP after speaking with a sales representative who really impressed me with what YP had to offer. Worst business decision EVER!!! I am owner operator of a small business and it has been a complete waste of my monthly marketing budget. They had COMPLETELY AWFUL advertising services from the start. The customer service is a complete joke. I own a small limo service/car service business - Since changing my advertising from Google ad words to YP, Phone has completely stopped ringing. YP has given me NOTHING that was promised to me in regards to visibility online. Minimal legit leads and lots of time spent trying to contact YP to ask for explanation as to why we weren't getting anything close to what we were promised.

Once you get locked into a contract, YP could care less if they are meeting your needs. I have made multiple calls to the sales rep that signed me up (Katie ** as well as emails to her and her Supervisor Peter **) with no return correspondence. We felt so scammed that we asked for a mailing address to send them an official letter regarding the terrible service (since our original representative was pretty much unresponsive and claimed she couldn't do anything else for us) and the "Customer Experience Group" refused to give me their business mailing address. The customer experience group also refused to cancel my contract. The customer experience group rep that I spoke with (Some guy named ROXIE) also refused to transfer or allow me to speak with a supervisor!

After over 10 minutes of arguing, he put me on hold to transfer to a supervisor and kept me on hold for over 30 minutes periodically taking the line off hold and then putting me back on hold without saying anything as to not negatively affect his call center metrics (Yes I used to be a call center rep so I know what he was doing!). And after 30 minutes or more Roxie the customer experience group rep transferred me to a dead number that gave me an automated message saying the number is invalid dropped the call.

I am completely DISGUSTED with YP Advertising and marketing solutions and I will be voicing my opinion on every business review board, social media page and blog that I can get access to to voice my displeasure! Small businesses can't afford nor survive by paying for services that are completely inept at helping our business. We feel we were taken advantage of by YP Katie **, Peter **, the "customer service" rep Roxie and anyone else who touched my account and did nothing to help and would NEVER recommend YP to anyone looking for legitimate advertising and customer service.

Hi Justin-

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined regarding your account and customer service experience. We take these types of concerns very seriously. This matter has been escalated, and I assure you that we'll be in contact within 2 business days in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2018

Our business signed a contract with YP after a meeting with a sales representative who really impressed my husband with what YP had to offer. Worst business decision yet... By far. We are a small business and it was a complete waste of our annual marketing budget. Terrible advertising services from the start. And customer service is a straight up joke. (Hello... Anyone there???) We are a painting business - why on earth are people contacting us looking for a hospital? Minimal legit leads and lots of time spent trying to contact YP to ask for explanation as to why we weren't getting anything close to what we were promised.

Once you get locked into a contract, YP could care less if they are meeting your needs. We felt so scammed that we asked for a mailing address to send them an official letter regarding the terrible service (since our original representative was pretty much unresponsive and claimed she couldn't do anything else for us) and the "Customer Experience Group" refused to give me their business mailing address. (Red flag!) We feel we were taken advantage of by YP and would never recommend YP to anyone looking for legitimate advertising and customer service.

Good morning, Tiffany -

I'm sorry to know of the dissatisfaction outlined and apologize for any inconveniences as a result of this matter. We'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: March 20, 2018

I sincerely wish that the five stars had a zero rating I could rate DexYP. We called to cancel our business ad with DexYP. On November 27, 2017. The sales rep, Nolan, did not record our cancellation and the Managers John and Rachel said they had no record of our cancellation prior to the deadline of November 28, 2017. Then they said we owed them an amount that was twice as much as what we paid in 2017. It’s totally understandable why they have less than two star rating. I feel scammed. They told me if I couldn’t prove that I canceled it but I have to pay for it. But Nolan the sales rep did not follow through on our request and therefore we as a business are screwed by them. I have yet to receive a cancellation notice from Manager, Rachel of our business' cancellation for 2019.

Hi Sheryl -

We hate to know that you want to cancel your account with us, and apologize for the issues surrounding your request to do so. This matter has been escalated for follow up and call back to you in an effort to try and resolve.

Ed

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have not advertised with them in over a year. So I was very surprised to see an ad with my business name on it. I clicked on the ad and my business listing was nowhere to be found. So they are using my business name to draw traffic to their website. They do not have my permission to use my business name for their own little advertising services. As far as I am concerned they are doing this illegally!

Hi Gary -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We'll look into your concerns and reach out to you as soon as possible.

Ed

Original review: March 10, 2018

When the salesman came knocking at my door and said it’s going to cost 288.00 for an ad in the Yellow Pages I said, "Sounds great", showed me all the graphs and charts stating how much foot traffic I’ll be getting with Yellow Page ad, what he did not state is it cost 288.00 per month not a one time fee. Call the customer department and told them my situation, was told I signed a contract and I have to pay that amount and that’s all they can do. Not only am I paying every month, I have an ad that does not generate any customers. Worthless ad and out money.

Hi Martin -

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined regarding your account. This matter has been escalated. We'll look into your concerns and reach out to you in an effort to try and resolve.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I had an ok experience with the free listing when I first started my store. Though I had a hard time with updating information/accuracy, it was the first place people were finding me online. I was contacted by a salesperson to pay a small monthly amount saying that my listing was only showing to people very close by, but it could be expanded to a full region for a small monthly fee. From the beginning there was an issue with information accuracy and being unable to get information to change when I would update. DexMedia offered a program that I was interested in and they had bought out YP, so it was my understanding that I could have YP cancelled as I would be paying double and the information could finally be corrected.

For months the information was not corrected and I kept getting billed. I tried talking to several customer service people who were rude and/or no help. I went through months too busy trying to run my business to deal with it or check listings (that's why I paid for programs like DexMedia anyway, and just left my credit card maxed so they could not withdraw payments if it still did not cancel. So, a couple of days ago I googled dance stores (I am the only one in our region), just to see what comes up. My google plus listing comes up, Facebook, website - but the "YP best places to get dancewear in 'my community" and the next one over has 14 and 18 listings -dance studios (not stores - dance instruction) and dance stores 45 min to an hour from here and I am not even listed.

Spending $200/mo for DexMedia and billed another $50 for YP and I am not even coming up, when I was first on the list with a free listing. I had to google "YP listing for my dance store's name" to even find the listing with YP and then the information was from over a year ago with my hours totally wrong and showing me closed days I am open. I try to log in and fix the info - again, and can't access it. So, I called DexMedia and sounds like they are going to start getting things straightened out, hopefully.

Then I open my emails today and I have a bill for the back payments I refused to pay that has been accumulating and they are going to bill my account. I called YP, was given to several different customer service people - one says you can only access info by going to the YP directory - um, came up when you googled dance store when it was a free listing... They say (though YP would have been included with DexMedia if I had not already had the contract with YP) that they are different and can't break the contract, but it is cancelled for non payment. I tell them the other issue is inaccurate information- they say I don't have access to fix the basic information (address, phone number hours, but have to give them the info) and what do I need fixed as the address was changed on a previous call.

I told them I had been able to change info when it was free and repeated calls over the whole last year. Still has not fixed the days and hours, and it took multiple calls for the address to get changed. When it was a free listing, my store came up in a YP directory when dance stores were googled, but as a paid listing it doesn't? I am a new business. I need customers to see accurate information and if it is not it affects google bringing my info up among other things, like losing people who think I am closed or who come thinking I am open and I am not. If the listing for best places to get dance shoes/dancewear gives them studios and I am not even listed - that's ridiculous. And it's not a lack of reviews. I have reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook, elsewhere that are 5 star reviews.

So, what am I getting first for the $50 and now $250/month? I don't have extra money to spend on something that gives me less than what I had for free. And I do not appreciate being told one thing up front, getting absolutely no benefit and then being stuck in a contract I can't get out of. Last I knew contracts go two ways -I agree to pay and the other party is agreeing to give whatever I am paying for. So, doesn't broken contract go two ways? As far as I am concerned I have not only paid for nothing in return, but I have less than what I started with in having a free listing. Ridiculous. And I am assuming at this point the non payment gets reported and dings my creditworthiness. I would not recommend YP Solutions to anyone.

Hi Carol -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for prompt follow up by our Executive Claims Team. Please expect a call to address all concerns!

Original review: March 2, 2018

YP perused my business for almost a year. Over several meetings, they told me what they could do to provide leads for my Real Estate, Property Management Company. Dec of 2017, I decided to give YP a try. now, 3 months in, I have received one lead, and it was not truly a PM Lead, but I was able to give a nice lady some PM advice.

Several weeks ago, after complaining numerous times to my sales rep, I filed a case number, explaining the issue of non-performance and breach. My sales rep informed me that he would submit for a refund of my first month's payment. Instead of resolving the issue, another payment posted today. I logged on to check the status of my case and it had been closed. I guess this means they want me to elevate to the next step (Suit for Breach and Non-Performance). I would not recommend EVER using YP for a Lead Generation source. In fact, I would exercise great caution with any YP product based on the way they decided to just discard my issue. Thanks YP, enjoy my hard earned money.

Hello Bobby -

My apologies for the dissatisfaction surrounding the performance of your account. Someone should have definitely reached back out to you regarding your claim.

This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of resolving.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Recently I was contacted by a collection agency about a payment of $3032 to YP. I would like to prevent to all people to avoid any business with this company. It looks like they are serious because their old reputation (Yellow Pages) but now they are doing everything wrong! PLEASE DO NOT SIGN ANY AGREEMENT WITH THEM!!! I got an agreement after many phone calls from the sales department and I finally started paying $650 a month (nobody told me that I there's a clause on the agreement that I cannot cancel the service). They promise me that I'll get at least 25 leads. I only got JUNK and SPAM phone calls, people looking for a job, calls from India and Philippines, and NONE serious lead. But they do not recognize that. During the service and after several phone calls with sales department they changed my publishing area because the first month was a disaster; after the second month in 60 days there's NO serious leads, only junk.

They have no idea what are they doing. After two months paying $650 I called to cancel the service because I realized I was putting my money in a garbage. They said is not possible and I've never received any letter, communication, or phone call from them in writing saying that is not possible, also no cancellation confirmation, no invoices, and nothing. This week (more than 1 year later) I received two letters with 2 days difference (which is against the law - we all have 30 days after the first notification to give them an answer if you agree or not) that I have to pay for court, attorney and 10% commission fees over the amount of debt + the $3032. Today I called the billing department to understand why a collection company is charging me $3032 for a service never provided. One person told me my debt is $2450 and the other person told me it is $3032 (2 different statements).

How you can create an invoice and never sent to the debtor and get received confirmation? The collection company sent me the agreement without my signature and a list of invoices after I cancelled the service. Katty, the lady from billing department testified that after my cancellation notice, they STOPPED the service (it is recorded), and they still charge me for the service month to month even if they recognize that they did nothing! According to the clause 4 of the agreement they cannot stop charging you - they said -.

In my understanding here in the US we have rights and there is a Consumer Protection Act we can count on, and this company is stealing your money charging you and not providing you the information and a service. This is a prepaid service, meaning that you pay in advance. If you don't pay, the service stop, this is the law, this is not a service like a credit card. This is a fraudulent activity from big corporations against small businesses, and the service is so bad, poor and wrong, that they added this bullet point on the agreement! If there's any person that can help me on this I'll really appreciate a help.

Good afternoon, Felipe -

I'm sorry to hear of the concerns outlined regarding your account. This matter has been escalated. Our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you with hopes of resolving.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH YP - they do not care about their customers, I been trying to fix a problem for months and every time I go online and create a case they close it even though the issue was never resolved. I was contacted by Caroline ** about advertising. She called me every day until we finally sign up. I told her I could only afford about $60 per month so we signed up for the local ads mobile for $64.00. Two months later, Caroline contacted me again and told me that she had review our Ad, and she didn't like the way it was performing, so she thought we should add the Local Ad Premier for another $99. A total of $163.00 per month. I told her that I could not afford that, so she said she was going to credit me the payments I had previously made for the Ads Mobile plan so I could try this new plan.

She mentioned that if after a few months I was not happy with this new plan that I could cancel it and come down to the $64.00 plan. So since she was going to give us credits I agreed. A few days after I didnt see the credits and I emailed Caroline about it and she emailed me back that she was working on them. Months go by and I cant get ahold of Caroline, I emailed her, left her voicemails, I created cases and nothing.

After 5 months I finally got a hold of her supervisor Peter **, we set up a call and he told me that I had nothing to worry about, that he was going to listen to my conversion with Caroline and he was going to let me cancel the premier and give me all the credits if that was what she told me. It has been 3 months since I spoke to him and I have sent him emails and I get nothing back. I called YP again today to request to be moved to another representative but I guess they cant do that, and they cant let me talk to anyone with a higher position before going through Caroline and Peter. I will not be renewing my contract with YP for any of our 3 business. The truth is they lied to me on a recorded line and they do not care. Dont sign a contract with them, I do not recommend it.

Hi Fatima -

I can't apologize enough for the issues relayed surrounding your account and that customer service expectations weren't met. Following up with a client when promised is of the utmost importance.

It appears that the ball was dropped in your case. I assure you that we'll look into your concerns and promptly reach out to you with hopes of resolving the matter.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

They are liars. Don't ever get tricked into this scam of a company, We are a small family business and a sales person named David ** that kept constantly calling me and I didn't answer the phone so he called my business partner and told her I was rude to him so she scheduled him a meeting with me to hear his pitch, since he was so insisting saying we would be #1 in google we decided to give this company the benefit of the doubt since David ** said that we could cancel after the first month.

He gave my business partner an iPad to pay for the first month payment and asked for her to sign, and turns out it was a contract saying we can't cancel, 15 days later we realized we were being scammed since we did not receive any business from this company and kept getting weird calls pertaining to other things that have nothing to do with our business.

I called David ** and he said we cannot cancel the contract and I said, "What contract? We never signed a contract with you," and he emailed me the contract that he illegally got my business partner to sign by tricking her into thinking she was just signing to give a payment. 4 months into this dispute the company never answers my emails or when I call they say I can't cancel. This is the biggest scam I have ever been tricked into. I hope they burn in hell for tricking small businesses and robbing them of their hard earned money.

Hello Yanelys -

My apologies for the experience outlined. The allegations made definitely concern us. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I was contacted by Jason ** to buy services. After hearing his pitches I was willing to sign up for 6 month program for 345 a month. However, I noticed that there were 4 listing using my name and different phone number. I never created these listings. He called back and I made him aware of the listings and said my partner and I weren't going to move forward unless our correct information was listed. After many emails and him stating that it was corrected, I showed him that he in fact didn't correct the listings. And I was only interested in one listing. I called him multiple times and he never called back. I called to ask for Management, and I was told I couldn't speak to anybody due to by the fact that I didn't have account. I was told by the person on the phone that if I wanted to correct the listings, he could sell me a service that did that. I will seek legal options, this place is disgusting. Absolute fraud.

Hi Mark -

We hate to know of the issue surrounding your account, and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach out regarding this matter. An escalation has been entered and we'll be reaching out to you.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My company got swindled into a 6 month contract. Contract is almost up and we have not received a single lead, or even anything resembling a lead. Customer service is nonexistent. Now we are out a ridiculous amount of money for their "services", and have not received anything at all in return. I have been trying to get my issues with them resolved for 4 months now and have not gotten anything accomplished. Your money would be better off burning in a trash can than doing business with YP Marketing Solutions. At least the fire would keep you warm.

Hi Parker -

I'm sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding the results of your account and the lack of resolution. This definitely concerns us. Be assured that we'll look into your account and reach out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Avoid signing on with this group if at all possible!!! Once they have access to your credit card information, they will NOT stop the monthly charges until you are dead (and maybe not even then; I haven't been there yet). Their Customer Service number provides service in the way that a breeding bull "services" cows - they have a million tricks including pretending to be unable to hear you anymore after you've waded through 25-30 minutes of phone trees and holds, 'accidentally' dropping your call on transfer, or hanging up while trying to place you on hold to access a fictional supervisor.

We have been stuck with this group for over three years now, but have been actively attempting to disengage for about a year. They threaten to destroy your credit if you withhold payment, though our one year contract was up with them two years ago. Having read others' horror stories once they removed these leeches from their bank accounts, I am unclear how to proceed from here, though it seems it may need to be litigation. NOT JOKING! STAY AWAY!!!

Hi Gregory -

I'm sorry for the frustration outlined regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for review and follow up. Our Escalations Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to resolve.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I wonder does this company conduct background checks on the people they hire for delivery of phone books. I had a package delivered to my home. Usually every year YP leaves them on the front porch. But this time it was left conveniently where my stolen package was placed. My neighbor witnessed them taking it. Now my question is how do I proceed with pressing charges.

Hi Felicia -

We'll be happy to look into this matter and reach out to you. Please expect a call from our Executive Claims team.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

It's just plain and simple, they lied to me. I was told no commitment but should give it 6 months to notice a difference. Only difference is the money going out of pocket and nothing in return. When I called they told me that I had built a billboard in the desert and no one would ever see it unless I spent a lot more money! Thanks for the billboard in the desert. I'm done. Then they try to tell me that I signed a contract, I asked to see, they sent me a phony signature, not even close to mine.

Now they send me a bill and I laugh as I throw it away. I have a voice recorder on my phone and can't wait to play it in court. Don't bother responding to me, YP we're done! I will tell anyone that wants to listen about my personal, horrible experience with YP. You might as well just donate your money to a cause because you won't get anything in return from YP. THAT'S MY OPINION ON YP. Thanks and have a great day. By the way I am also a level 6 Local Guide for Google Maps thanks for the opportunity to express my dealing with YP.

Hello Greg -

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. We'd like the opportunity to look into this matter and reach out to you to address all concerns. Expect a call from our Executive Claims Team.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

After doing business with YP for 17 years + our yellow page ads, all 5 of them had the incorrect phone number. After calling YP and talking to 14 different people in a month's time I had the worst experience with their customer service. They say that they did a rollover number for our ads. We NEVER asked for a rollover number, and upon trying the rollover numbers sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. This is the worst experience we have ever had with this company and the excuses are endless. Going to re-evaluate our advertising next year.

Hello Terri -

We value you as a long-time client and hate to know of the issues outlined regarding your account. Customer service is something we stand very high on and my apologies that we missed the mark. Please expect a call from our Client Care Team as they will reach out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

After being a loyal and consistent customer for ~15+ years. We are disgusted with the customer service representatives, the sales reps and in general all of the personnel we have dealt with over the last month as we try to understand our contract, and the services we are paying for. As a small business, the owners did not know what they were signing up for and feel INCREDIBLY taken advantage of and manipulated. When we asked to cancel our service because we are unhappy with the results, YP could not be more disrespectful, and unprofessional. We are appalled and ashamed that we would give our business and hard earned money to YP for over a decade only to be treated so poorly. The worse part is how we are treated by the employees of this dysfunctional company.

Hi Lindsey -

We're sorry to hear of the disappointment regarding your account and that customer service expectations weren't met. We'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Rigid standards with their 12 month contract. I was told I was going to have clients call me for my cleaning service. All I got were telemarketers harassing me. I was only active with the contract for 2 wks. I exceeded the 10 days so they refuse to cancel contract. They do not care about people.

Hi Dawn -

You requested to cancel a few days after purchasing our Thryv product and your cancellation was finalized on 1/16/2018 with your $59.00 payment refunded as well.

Misty attempted to reach out to you via phone and email on 1/26. If you have any questions, please reply to Misty via phone as she left her contact info or via email and she'll be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

AWFUL!!! My experience with Yellow Pages (YP Solutions) was awful!! The salesperson essentially told me I would be completing approximately 10-12 jobs a month if I signed-up with Yellow Pages, so I did in June of 2017. I never received a single job in the 5 months I was with them!!! Not only that but they charged me $680.00 for a landing page. I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THIS FEE AND I WILL NEVER ADVERTISE WITH YELLOW PAGES AGAIN!!

Hi Vicente -

I'm sorry to know of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account experience. This matter was escalated to Chris in our Executive Claims Dept. Chris advises that he's made several attempts to reach out to you, to no avail. Chris is eager to speak with you. When you have an opportunity, please reply to Chris via phone or email.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

In July of 2016 I was referred to a rep in the NJ area. This rep called me and stated that he had to check if he could manage my account since I was a NY company. The rep called me back and said that he had permission, but everything had to be done quickly. A week or so later the account was pulled from him and the service was cancelled due to it not being sold properly. The rep never came to my office and it seemed as though he was trying to sneak me in under his territory and got caught.

A NY rep and regional manager reached out to me to ask what had happened and offered to come to my office. Upon meeting with them they explained that they would both be hands on with my account and informed me that if I spent approximately $1,000.00 per month I would receive 10 to 12 leads per month. In my business. 10-12 leads should get me at least 50% closing rate and would have made me spend even more with YP if it actually worked. I was excited to move forward and make money, but still had a bad taste from the initial issues. The regional manager, Kim sent me an email stating that she was approving a 6 month opt out based on performance of YP which made me more content to sign.

They set me up with a user dashboard where I could listen to any calls that came in as they were all recorded. My phones were ringing for sure... with robocalls, telemarketers and other non-customer related garbage. I reached out to my reps and they said that they would look into it and fine tune it. The service was so bad that they offered not to bill me in September. They set me up with a case manager who promised to fine tune the campaign and get results. By December I was beyond frustrated. I had received over 70 calls and less than 4 were legitimate leads.

I decided to use my opt out notice and cut ties with YP. I tried reaching out to my rep and manager who basically gave me the run around so I went to YP corporate who told me that I had a year contract. I explained that they also had obligations to fulfill their end of the agreement and since I was not getting leads I should not have to be forced to stay on and that I also had an opt out from a manager. I supplied the copies of that email to YP and on January 5th had a formal email from YP that said "sorry to see you go" in the subject box. It confirmed that my YP video, search and ads were cancelled effective immediately. It seemed as though this should have been the end.

I continued to get robo calls, telemarketers and garbage calls on my cell phone from the YP site continued to bill my credit card and I disputed the charges. I called and asked why I was still getting these calls if my campaign was cancelled and I confirmed by re listening to every call on the dashboard that they indeed were coming in from YP and 99.9 % were not legitimate customer calls. By February I had over 100 garbage calls and around 6-8 that were actually leads. & months for less than 10 leads when I was told 10 to 12 per month was not a good ratio!

Now YP was invoicing me for dates that were after the date of their cancellation confirmation email. When I called them to speak about it, it was like I had to start all over again. I supplied my 6 month opt out and confirmation of cancellation and was told "I had to wait 6 months to opt out". The opt out notice did not say that. My lawyer and I understood it to mean that I could opt out within 6 months due the poor performance of YP product. We went back and forth and I blocked YP from charging on my credit card.

Now the collection notices start coming from a law firm. I forward my confirmation of cancellation and the opt out email to the first lawyer and informed them to contact my lawyer moving forward and did not hear anything back. Months later a new law firm reaches out to me and I send them the proof of cancellation and they again try to state that I had a year contract until I proved them with the 6 month opt out. This lawyer seemed to be taken completely off guard that I had proof of cancellation and opt out and said she was putting this back on YP.

I have not yet heard back and I assume that YP will keep trying to collect money for a service that they failed to provide. Why would any company who knows they have an unhappy customer that they have failed miserably try to force them to stay on or pay for a service that they clearly can't provide? Why would a small business owner not stay with YP if the service was actually getting them jobs? Our smallest jobs are around $1,500.00 with many being between $7-12,000.00. I would have stayed with YP had I received and closed just 3-5 jobs a month for the $1,000.00 charge. In fact, I would have likely doubled or tripled my spending with them by now had the calls been coming in!

I invite any high up employee at YP to go over each call on my dashboard with me one by one and try to tell me that your company provided me with a service that should be paid for. Maybe YP works for some, but more and more people I speak to have had the same poor experience with YP. As long as YP keeps hounding me the more people I will tell about my bad experience.

Hi Eric -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account dissatisfaction and other related issues. I''ve been advised that our Client Care Team reached out to you and was able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was contacted from YP and they convinced me to open account with them. I paid $300.00 during 3 months ($900.00 total). So far, I've only received junk leads, and one call asking for an estimate. I called the YP (**), and he basically blamed me because I choose a cheap package, instead of pick a $1500.00 contract for 6 months. Unbelievable. I told him that basically he recognized that the $900.00 contract is garbage (or scam), but all I hear was excuses. I tried to contact a second YP rep (**) unsuccessfully (I was able to contact him in the past, when YP was trying to take my money). Be aware of YP, they are a bunch of scammers.

Hi Julio -

We hate to know of your dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance and that customer service expectations weren't met when you reached out. We'll be reaching out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Michelle **. Where do I even start? Our Hibu Rep. Every issue that arises I email her and am told the same thing every time. I'm walking into a meeting now, I'm on Vacation, Excuse after excuse. They routed all our phone calls to the wrong company in another state. Issue never got resolved, I had to call in and spent 2 hrs on the phone with customer service when she should have got this issue resolved. If you don't sign up for whatever service she is asking you to sign up for she gets rude and will not help with any future issues. Got sick of her telling me she's busy and on vacation. I emailed her and told her we are closing our doors and pls. cancel ad since issues never got resolved anyways. Was told, "Call yourself." BYE FELICIA. Pls. don't ever come into our shop offering your services. NOT INTERESTED!!! SCAMMERS!

Hi Ariana -

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're having. You mentioned Hibu. We were not able to locate an account for you with YP. Were you intending to contact YP?

Ed

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I signed a contract with YP Online in Nov 2016. I knew it would take a few months, but in spring of 2017, I wasn't getting results. I placed a few phone calls but never heard anything. In July I called and asked to cancel my contract. At that point, I was put in touch with "my" sales rep who came out, confirmed there was an issue - between the two of us we were able to verify 5 leads in an 8-month time frame - there were tons of telemarketing calls and hang-ups, but when we tried calling the numbers back most were bad. His solution was for me to sign another contract. When I declined he could no longer help me. I asked to speak to the next level up but was never put in touch with anybody.

Fast forward six months and over a dozen collection calls - each one where I asked to speak to somebody that could help me fix my issues (and they claim to record the calls) I finally speak to somebody who now can't help me because my account expired in November (it is January). I was told that if I had only contacted him that it could have been resolved. I think the most disappointing aspect of this is how the blame keeps getting put back on me. When the issue first started I was told I wasn't getting leads because I wasn't answering my phone. When I responded that I got hung up on all the time (and we tried calling the numbers back and proved that they were bad) I get ghosted. Except for the collections department. Today I'm told it was my fault for not reaching out directly to a person I didn't know existed despite repeatedly asking to be put in touch with this person. YP doesn't care about their customers. They only want your money.

Hi Krystal -

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointment surrounding your account experience. I've escalated your concerns and we'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I owned a small business for over 25 years and advertised with YP the entire time. Last year I made the decision to begin to close my business. I contacted YP to discuss my options for closing my account. I knew I was still under my annual contract. I talked to one of their representatives about it. She informed me that I could end my contract and be released from the remainder of the time on the contract if I also cancelled the telephone number linked to the advertising. I asked multiple times if every aspect of the contract would be nullified and I would not have to pay for the remaining months of advertising. She assured me every time that I would owe nothing more if the phone number was cancelled as well. I agreed to do so and she started the process. I then called AT&T to cancel the business phone lines.

Once that was done I called back the YP rep and told her that it was cancelled. She informed me she would have to call the number and verify that it was indeed shut off. It took several days for AT&T to get the line shut down. After that I called the YP rep back to get everything finalized. She would not respond to my voicemails at that point.

Some weeks later I received some paperwork in the mail from her seeming to indicate the account was closed. The bills from YP continued to come in though. I called the same YP representative multiple times and left voicemails. She would not respond to them. I began calling directly to YP and after 20 minutes or more of explaining my situation and being transferred to multiple departments who wondered why I had been transferred to them, no one could help me. Multiple representatives told me they would look into the situation and get back with me. No one ever did. I continued to call the original rep who I had a direct number for, I continued to leave voicemails which she would not respond to.

Every month I would get a bill and begin the painful process of calling in again. No one could help me. Most told me that they do not void the remainder of contracts. I would explain my conversation with the original rep, they would put me on hold and transfer me to different departments who once again would wonder why I had been transferred to them, as they could not help me. One rep spent about an hour talking to me and talking to her supervisors. I thought I was finally getting somewhere. She seemed interested in trying to actually help me get some answers. She said she was getting information from her supervisor and would call me back as soon as she got the info. I never heard from her again. But the bills and letters stopped coming, so I thought something may have finally been taken care of.

That was until yesterday when the letters from the collection agency began coming in. YP has the worst communication imaginable. Everyone who told me they would get back with me did not. Every call to them was a painful frustrating 30 minute process to get to a person who understood what was happening with my account. Then they would never get back with me with any information that they assured me they would provide.

I made decisions about closing my business when I did, based on the information provided by the original YP rep. Had I not been told that I could end my contract I would not have shut down my business phone line at that time, and subsequently made other decisions based on canceling phone line. In the end I am expected to pay for advertising that I cannot benefit from because the telephone number associated with it was shut off. Be aware of the lack of communication and misinformation from YP and it's representatives.

Hello David -

My apologies for the issues outlined and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to address the matter. I've escalated your concerns and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

New business that chose to use yp.com. For several months I experienced my primary category being changed. I contacted them, it went back to a/c repair service. Over and over again, once or twice a week it would get returned to appliance repair. This went on for about 4 months while paying them around $300 a month. Their presence service or disservice to be more precise had my website listed as a city search listing and once again appliance repair service. They also claimed my business on others, locked it as appliance repair and marked it as claimed by YP. I has since retained an attorney who gave them ten days to return my 1200 dollars and accept their breach of contract.

It has been 20 and no response. A ridiculous display in service. How do they get away with this criminal like behavior. Their contract covers inaccurate info but not obvious changes over and over with intent to provide no service at all. Give me my money and find your unprofessional representatives who did this to 601799COOL. yp.com is a BULLY, knowing they're needed for their phone book advertising. I expected better from yp.com considering their position. That's 601799COOL. You have my number, that's 601799COOL (2665). Maybe I won't need you, you already have my number. Smart.

Hello Steven -

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Hi. My name is Vasiliy ** owner of the small commercial cleaning company. Back in July of 2017 I was contacted by YP representative Brandon **. He called said he is local YP representative, he wants to see if he can help me advertise my business on YP. I really didn't want to but I guess that's why he is sales rep. He convinced me to met with him, no obligations just will give me some info. So we met. Presentation was nice, great customers would be just blasting my phone. So I agreed. Said we can try to see how will it go. On our first day we agreed on $99-199 per month advertisements on YP, Google, Bing, Yahoo and something else I think. We on our second meeting thing changes. I was promised new top of the line website. First place everywhere. Even more calls. But price is 499 and 3 months trial period. After talking I fell for it again.

Advertisements were suppose to start August 1, 2017. Something wasn't working. It started August 15, 2017. Well long story short from August - November 31 I got 3 jobs. All legit calls were probably (from my memory) 6-8. 5 commercial jobs I got 3. And 2-3 house cleanings which we don't do. Tons of some kinda fake numbers and other marketings. Tons of calls just nothing good. So end of November. I texted my sales rep (Brandon **). To stop all my advertisements as of 12/1/2017. Which he replied ok. Call you tomorrow. It was end of November December 12 he sent me text, "Oh there is issue with billing." So we met Dec 14, 2017. He said, I requested to cancel everything but it takes 2-3 weeks to process it. So I said ok well not knowing any better. Same day December 14, 2017 I called YP customer service. And they told, "Ohhh. No no. Nobody requested anything."

Your listing still up and running. So I requested again with customer service rep to stop all my advertisements. And then called customer service 5-7 more times to stop it. Sent emails to my rep Brandon **. Called his boss Aaron **, and still nothing. And now they are telling me that they can not cancel my advertisements cause I am under contract until July 2018. Remember Brandon ** told me there was only 3 months trial period. No contracts. Nothing after 3 months. Can cancel it anytime. So today is January 3, 2018 called at least 10 times to customer service wrote emails to Brandon. And still nothing. I just want to cancel everything as I requested 12/1/2017. Thank you.

Hello Vasiliy -

We hate to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance. The satisfaction of our products by our valued clients is of the utmost importance to us here at DexYP. We'll look into this matter and reach out to you regarding all concerns.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Information