It's that easy Request Information
1.27/5
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now a member of the DexYP product lineup, YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

Call us today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

752 YP Marketing Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Doing business with YP Marketing Solutions/DexYP is a big mistake. I have been doing business with Yellow Pages for over 25 years. Most of the time the advertising packages goes without any issues. Several times throughout the years there have been minor to major errors. I would just let them go as the issues were partially resolved. My 2016/17 advertising package was the final straw. The advertising contract was never authorized. I assume that I did not have a contract that because the sales representative never called me back; he claimed that he tried to contact me repeatedly. This could not be verified by YP. As a result of him not being able to get hold of me; I was told that this representative had a manager sign off and force the contract through without my permission.

I personally did call the representative number and left messages that I would like to speak with him before the deadline. He never did so I assumed that the advertisement for 2016/17 would not be placed. My concerns originally were the cost effectiveness of the packages they offered. I also wanted to also inquire about a change my web address and other information on my listing. Since the sales representative never call me back I assumed I would not have advertising package with YP/. In May of 2017 I discover I was being billed the unapproved YP advertising in additional to significant higher amount than previous years. I looked on the internet and print ad. I call to inquire about this billing and that I did not approve the contract.

I ask the billing department to provide me with a statement of the breakdown cost. The billing department said that there was a huge mistake so they claimed and that I was billed the standard nondiscounted rates. I asked if I could get the name of the sales representative responsible for the contract. They were unable to provide me with the Sales representative's name. I was told that he was no longer with the company. The billing agent told me that for now they can credit me all of the errors in the billing but would not be able to cancel the contract. I would have discuss this with YP sales division. Since then I have been in discussion with YP trying to resolve my dispute. I was never given the itemized list billing statement per my request.

During this time I decided that I would stop making payments until I get someone to discuss my contract. My account by the way was put into collections with some company. As of recent I was put in contact with a representative by the name of Todd. At the beginning Todd made it sound like they were really concerned about my account. I became concerned as Todd kept delaying his promise to call me back. I kindly accepted his reason for delays in responding to my dispute. This dragged out for about a week and half. Todd tried to make it sound like they gave me huge credits and adjustments to my account already. I told Todd that the adjustment were only the error in my contract; even the billing department sent me a letter of apology for the error in the billing. I stated that the error in billing should not be part of the contract dispute. These credits and adjustment are mistakes admitted by the billing department and YP Advertising.

I then requested for an itemized document of the billing period and the contract and what was credited to my account. Keep in mind these numbers were discussed over the phone. Todd kept insisting that we offer me a huge amount of credits to my account. I kindly ask for a printed document of the credits and adjustment because it was difficult for me to understand what I was being credited for. The conversation immediately became confrontational and defensive. I was told that I am going in circles and I have no idea of what I was talking about and/or doing. He kept telling me I did not listened to a single thing he said and that he has spend 30 minutes of his time trying to explain to me.

The representative told me that he is done with this conversation and that he would send me an email within the next day or two and would like a decision from me. There was never any discussion on what I needed to make a decision on. It has been several days now and no email as promised. He wanted me to text him my email so that he could send me an email. I simply asked, "Will you email me the breakdown of all the cost and credits." Again he insisted that I am not listening and that a email will be sent discussing the conversation and facts. I was then again told that he was done with anymore conversation.

If this is how YP Advertising/DexYP treats its customers; I highly caution to do business with a company that has this attitude. Rambling off numbers and circumventing the original premises of the dispute seem to be problematic with YP. Base on most of the reviews on Consumer Affairs; It is apparent that there is a major problem with how they do business and treat their long term customers. Their contract agreement is designed lock you into a contract even though I never agreed or signed off on the Ad contract. There is a clear breach of contract by the sales executive. There is no proof that he called repeatedly. I even ask for a copy receipt of the certified letter of contract. To this day none of this has been provided.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2018

We've been advertising with the Yellow Pages since we opened our store in 1998. It used to be ATT Yellowpages and we never used to have any problems. Somewhere along the line it switched to YP Yellow pages and the past couple + years I've had nothing but trouble. Every year in the Spring I would get a call to set up advertising for the next year and give a verbal OK on the phone. In 2015 we discussed the advertising over the phone. I was told my pricing shouldn't change. When it came time to do the verbal confirmation I said I agreed to the advertising "As long as the cost did not go up". When I got the paper confirmation the price was higher so I called the number on the confirmation. I was assured that the price would not go up. When I started getting invoices, it did go up. I argued with them about that all year and sent a letter stating I would discontinue advertising with them if they couldn't do what they had promised.

Lo and behold in the Spring of 2017 no one called me to set up advertising. Later in the year I find out they renewed my advertising without talking to me. Have to wonder if they didn't call in the Spring because they already knew what I planned to do. Then I kept getting calls harassing us and telling us we owed money on something we didn't even order - always the same canned speech, no attempt to actually solve anything other than me paying them for something I didn't order. Now the newest thing is them having a collection agency harass me and If I don't pay I will also have to pay legal fees. I can't charge my customers for items they did not order or what. I want to know why big business can get away with this. I would not work with this company. They lie and deceive. One star is really too much!

H Charlene -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account experience. Client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Care Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2018

After using YP for 20 plus years, the last 2 years a rep has not been here or contacted our office in a timely matter. 2 years in a row has published inaccurate and missing doctor information and telephone numbers with no resolution. Representative and supervisors do not contact you back or try to resolve issues. Ignore phone messages and emails. We have contracts with other internet and print advertisers with great success and service. Not sure what happened to YP in the last couple years but we will be using their services anymore.

Hi Cindy -

I'm sorry to know of the issues surrounding your account experience and that customer service expectations haven't been met. This matter was escalated and we'll be reaching out to you soon.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2018

After 20 years of advertising with them, I did not receive a bill from December 2017. (I was going through cancer treatment and did not realize this). I finally got in touch with my latest representative (Mike **) who directed me to call Customer Service. After calling us liars for saying we hadn't received the bills my representative said they were changing the system and some clients had not received any bills and some had received double bills. He said he was surprised that his supervisor (Mike **) had not told us that.

After he spoke with the supervisor he called back and changed his story. He said to work out a payment agreement and out advertising would be up by that Friday. We called the "collections" department and worked out a payment plan with Valerie who stated she would not send us an email with the payment plan, She said she would send it by YP. The phone number given to another negative reviewer is not in service. I am sure they will respond to this review by telling us they will "reach out to us". I will revise this review with their response and resolution of how the situation was handled.

Good morning, Sally -

I hope you are feeling much better now. I'm sorry to know of the billing issues and obstacles encountered during your attempts to address this matter. This matter has indeed been escalated and we'll be reaching out in an effort to address all concerns and try to resolve.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

Stay away from YP yellow scam and sales people like local rep from New Jersey office, YP yellow scam artist stay away take your money. Don't get back and lie. Don't take care of what they say. Was wrong from first day. Never took care of it, they agreed to cancel they never did.

Updated on 06/12/2018: Lisa ** SENT ONE EMAIL. I will contact you and nothing HAS BEEN DONE. And for the sales rep Eduardo ** he has not answered one email or phone or text. WE NEED HELP HELP HELP.

Good morning, Nicholas -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account experience. We'll be reaching out to you regarding this matter.

Ed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2018

First I never saw an ad proof from the previous year. When the salesman called me to renew my ad I told him I wanted to see the ad from the previous year or I would not advertise. He never showed me a proof. I suspect in my ad was incorrect the first time. I told him I did not want to renew my ad and I thought that was the end of it. Then they publish the book with my incorrect ad and started to bill me. When I called them they said it's in our contract."You have to call in to cancel the ad." I told them I told the sales rep which no longer work there coincidentally and they said basically, " Too bad." What kind of company has a contract that you have to call in and cancel. That's for you to decide. Now they want to take me to court for ad that is not correct.

Hello Larry -

We're sorry to hear of the issues outlined related to your account. Our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution.

Ed

Original review: May 9, 2018

I had a similar experience as some other reviewers on here. I signed up for the leads campaign and realized that the call logs (leads) were not accurate and I never received the leads. It showed that I had answered calls late at night and on holidays. I certainly did not talk to potential clients at those times and my cell phone call log confirmed that. I canceled my account, but was sent to collection! YP should refund me for the months I paid into the fraudulent leads campaign! Unreal.

Hello Angela -

Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance. We'll look into this matter and reach out to you to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: May 3, 2018

Just look at the average satisfaction Consumer Affairs rating for this company. One of five stars. The lowest rating in the industry. Unfortunately you can't give them a zero. 2 of 3 listings for my business are inaccurate in their directory. They listed my business 3 times in their directory listing addresses and phone numbers we have not been at for over 10 years. For 10 years they have failed to correct it after we have contacted them multiple times. In order to correct their errors you have to pay a service. But when you pay the service the errors are not permanently corrected in the system. The corrections last until you quit paying a monthly fee. We used to have their services. We quit and never came back.

Hi Nick -

I'm sorry to hear of this matter and apologize for any inconvenience as a result. We'll be reaching out to you soon in an effort to address and try to resolve.

Ed

Original review: April 27, 2018

Late yesterday I signed my business up for a free YP listing. I had used YP in the past without any success, but since the listing was free, it could not hurt. This morning at 7:23 am I received a call from them stating they had an urgent deadline. The representative explained he was on a recorded line and then proceeded to confirm all of the information I had already typed in the day before. For 10 minutes he meticulously asked questions about my post before explaining that he was setting up a premium ad. When I stated I was not interested in a premium ad. He asked why not. That was the last reasonable thing he stated.

I stated I wanted to see if the free ad was of value and I was not interested in making a business decision at 7:30 in the morning. He began talking over me and explained that my free ad would immediately be pulled and concluded very flatly, "No one will be able to see your website. I will make sure no ever goes to your business again." Since my business is mostly obtained through insurance contracts not internet listings, I'm not certain how he is going to do that, but I did find that my free ad was pulled.

Hi Cyndy -

My apologies for the encounter outlined. This is definitely not the type of experience that we want a potential client to have. Our Executive Claims Team has attempted to reach you via phone, but had to leave a voicemail, and also emailed you as they are eager to discuss this matter.

Insufficient response received
Original review: April 26, 2018

I signed up with YP for a mobile and online marketing service after speaking with a salesperson over the phone. Since Dec 2017 I have had no leads and no contact. I called to cancel and was surprised to hear I am locked in for 1 year! The best the guy could offer me was a reduced rate starting June, only to be locked in for ANOTHER 12 months!! I explained to this guy why I needed to cancel. When I said Life Change he asked, "Like what?" — so I told him in the spirit of fairness and transparency. The $100/month I am paying is eating way into my profits. I entered a verbal contract while walking around a department store. I don’t suggest this. It was poor judgement on my part.

When I suggested that as part of their pushy and persuasive scripts during the sales job, they could ask the average income to see if the $1,200 package is a good solution. I also suggested that perhaps the salesperson not ask for a verbal contract if the person is multitasking - written would be better. I wasn’t blaming; only giving constructive feedback so that in the future they may not have an unhappy customer like me. His response: I was told it’s my responsibility to make the correct judgment call and decision for my business marketing budget. I found that response to be rude and condescending. In my mind I thought I could try it out for a few months and then cancel but clearly not. When I got frustrated it was put back on me that he tried to help by offering me a new extended contract and it’s my problem if I’m not satisfied.

I simply told him that business situations (and life in general) can change for the worse, that my business may have to close in the next 3-4 months due to uncontrollable circumstances, and that I was surprised that there wasn’t something more he could do — other than extend my subscription. Again, if I didn’t like his offer then too bad. I ended up just saying that I was dissatisfied, felt screwed and that I guess they win because they’re going to get all of my money. Pathetic. Think twice before committing to a YEAR long contract if you’re a startup. Plus I didn’t get any leads from their service yet or customers. Well at least now I am forced to see if I get any leads in the next *7* months! Only $700 to go!! Buyer beware. Work on a good SEO instead.

Hi Shonna -

I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined. Yellow Pages Canada is not affiliated with DexYP in any way. I would recommend that you reach out to them direct at 1-844-875-4290 and request to speak to a manager in their customer care department. We wish you the best with getting this matter address and resolved.

Ed

Original review: April 22, 2018

I started advertising my business BClean with Yellow Pages in November 2017, and gained ZERO customers!!! Home Advisor has brought numerous customers and because of them my business is successful. I know now why YP makes you sign a contract. I would not recommend any company advertising with Yellow Pages. Can’t wait for my contract to expire!

Hi Brian -

I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding the performance of your account. This is a matter we'd certainly like to discuss with you. Expect a call from our Executive Claims Team as they'll be reaching out to you regarding this matter.

Ed

Original review: April 19, 2018

Last year, I noticed I was being overcharged by YP for their advertising services of my small business. This was not the first time, mind you. I notified YP, and they acknowledged their error. I stated I wanted no further dealings with YP; they gave me a phone number to call to cancel, but interestingly, no one ever answered that phone. Meanwhile, I continued to be billed, and recently my account was sent to a collection agency that is harassing me and threatening to seize my bank accounts. I wrote a detailed letter to the CEO of YP, which was ignored. I suspect their practices are systemically deceptive, since this happened to me more than once. My next step is to send a formal complaint to their state's AG office recounting my experience with YP. Avoid this company and save yourself all this aggravation!

Hello Richard -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My apologies for the issues outlined and the lack of resolve to this point. We'll be reaching out to you in an effort to address and try and resolve this matter.

No response received
Original review: April 17, 2018

I signed up for the Platinum program YP offers. The marketer stated I would be on the first page of the search engine, my telephone number was not listed in the advertisement correctly. Everything offered was false totally. When I called to complain I was put on hold numerous times. Last year when I decided to cancel since I was wasting my income the representative obliged. Now I have received telephone calls from YP stating I was late on my payment after canceling. Now I receive calls from alleged collection agencies. A TOTAL WASTE OF INVESTMENT!

Hi Thomas -

I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding the performance of your program. Client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here at DexYP. We'll be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: April 11, 2018

I just received a new phonebook from YP (that I did not want). While looking through it I noticed several established local businesses that I frequent were not listed. The companies have a strong presence online and very high ratings but it seems YP has either did not listed them on purpose (maybe they didn't pay them) or YP is just so bad at their job that they have been overlooked for several years?!? They should stop killing trees and focus on retaining their dwindling market share as a "go-to" for looking up well-respected companies. Completely omitting great businesses from their listings is a shame as it does the end user a bad product.

Hi Jesse -

I apologize that you received an unwanted phone book. If you'd like, we can have you added to our "Do Not Deliver" list to prevent future deliveries. If there are businesses in your area that you don't see listed, they chose not to be included in paid advertising in the book for this year.

Ed

Original review: April 10, 2018

Our business signed a contract with YP after speaking with a sales representative who really impressed me with what YP had to offer. Worst business decision EVER!!! I am owner operator of a small business and it has been a complete waste of my monthly marketing budget. They had COMPLETELY AWFUL advertising services from the start. The customer service is a complete joke. I own a small limo service/car service business - Since changing my advertising from Google ad words to YP, Phone has completely stopped ringing. YP has given me NOTHING that was promised to me in regards to visibility online. Minimal legit leads and lots of time spent trying to contact YP to ask for explanation as to why we weren't getting anything close to what we were promised.

Once you get locked into a contract, YP could care less if they are meeting your needs. I have made multiple calls to the sales rep that signed me up (Katie ** as well as emails to her and her Supervisor Peter **) with no return correspondence. We felt so scammed that we asked for a mailing address to send them an official letter regarding the terrible service (since our original representative was pretty much unresponsive and claimed she couldn't do anything else for us) and the "Customer Experience Group" refused to give me their business mailing address. The customer experience group also refused to cancel my contract. The customer experience group rep that I spoke with (Some guy named ROXIE) also refused to transfer or allow me to speak with a supervisor!

After over 10 minutes of arguing, he put me on hold to transfer to a supervisor and kept me on hold for over 30 minutes periodically taking the line off hold and then putting me back on hold without saying anything as to not negatively affect his call center metrics (Yes I used to be a call center rep so I know what he was doing!). And after 30 minutes or more Roxie the customer experience group rep transferred me to a dead number that gave me an automated message saying the number is invalid dropped the call.

I am completely DISGUSTED with YP Advertising and marketing solutions and I will be voicing my opinion on every business review board, social media page and blog that I can get access to to voice my displeasure! Small businesses can't afford nor survive by paying for services that are completely inept at helping our business. We feel we were taken advantage of by YP Katie **, Peter **, the "customer service" rep Roxie and anyone else who touched my account and did nothing to help and would NEVER recommend YP to anyone looking for legitimate advertising and customer service.

Hi Justin-

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined regarding your account and customer service experience. We take these types of concerns very seriously. This matter has been escalated, and I assure you that we'll be in contact within 2 business days in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: April 5, 2018

Our business signed a contract with YP after a meeting with a sales representative who really impressed my husband with what YP had to offer. Worst business decision yet... By far. We are a small business and it was a complete waste of our annual marketing budget. Terrible advertising services from the start. And customer service is a straight up joke. (Hello... Anyone there???) We are a painting business - why on earth are people contacting us looking for a hospital? Minimal legit leads and lots of time spent trying to contact YP to ask for explanation as to why we weren't getting anything close to what we were promised.

Once you get locked into a contract, YP could care less if they are meeting your needs. We felt so scammed that we asked for a mailing address to send them an official letter regarding the terrible service (since our original representative was pretty much unresponsive and claimed she couldn't do anything else for us) and the "Customer Experience Group" refused to give me their business mailing address. (Red flag!) We feel we were taken advantage of by YP and would never recommend YP to anyone looking for legitimate advertising and customer service.

Good morning, Tiffany -

I'm sorry to know of the dissatisfaction outlined and apologize for any inconveniences as a result of this matter. We'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: March 20, 2018

I sincerely wish that the five stars had a zero rating I could rate DexYP. We called to cancel our business ad with DexYP. On November 27, 2017. The sales rep, Nolan, did not record our cancellation and the Managers John and Rachel said they had no record of our cancellation prior to the deadline of November 28, 2017. Then they said we owed them an amount that was twice as much as what we paid in 2017. It’s totally understandable why they have less than two star rating. I feel scammed. They told me if I couldn’t prove that I canceled it but I have to pay for it. But Nolan the sales rep did not follow through on our request and therefore we as a business are screwed by them. I have yet to receive a cancellation notice from Manager, Rachel of our business' cancellation for 2019.

Hi Sheryl -

We hate to know that you want to cancel your account with us, and apologize for the issues surrounding your request to do so. This matter has been escalated for follow up and call back to you in an effort to try and resolve.

Ed

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have not advertised with them in over a year. So I was very surprised to see an ad with my business name on it. I clicked on the ad and my business listing was nowhere to be found. So they are using my business name to draw traffic to their website. They do not have my permission to use my business name for their own little advertising services. As far as I am concerned they are doing this illegally!

Hi Gary -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We'll look into your concerns and reach out to you as soon as possible.

Ed

Original review: March 10, 2018

When the salesman came knocking at my door and said it’s going to cost 288.00 for an ad in the Yellow Pages I said, "Sounds great", showed me all the graphs and charts stating how much foot traffic I’ll be getting with Yellow Page ad, what he did not state is it cost 288.00 per month not a one time fee. Call the customer department and told them my situation, was told I signed a contract and I have to pay that amount and that’s all they can do. Not only am I paying every month, I have an ad that does not generate any customers. Worthless ad and out money.

Hi Martin -

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined regarding your account. This matter has been escalated. We'll look into your concerns and reach out to you in an effort to try and resolve.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I had an ok experience with the free listing when I first started my store. Though I had a hard time with updating information/accuracy, it was the first place people were finding me online. I was contacted by a salesperson to pay a small monthly amount saying that my listing was only showing to people very close by, but it could be expanded to a full region for a small monthly fee. From the beginning there was an issue with information accuracy and being unable to get information to change when I would update. DexMedia offered a program that I was interested in and they had bought out YP, so it was my understanding that I could have YP cancelled as I would be paying double and the information could finally be corrected.

For months the information was not corrected and I kept getting billed. I tried talking to several customer service people who were rude and/or no help. I went through months too busy trying to run my business to deal with it or check listings (that's why I paid for programs like DexMedia anyway, and just left my credit card maxed so they could not withdraw payments if it still did not cancel. So, a couple of days ago I googled dance stores (I am the only one in our region), just to see what comes up. My google plus listing comes up, Facebook, website - but the "YP best places to get dancewear in 'my community" and the next one over has 14 and 18 listings -dance studios (not stores - dance instruction) and dance stores 45 min to an hour from here and I am not even listed.

Spending $200/mo for DexMedia and billed another $50 for YP and I am not even coming up, when I was first on the list with a free listing. I had to google "YP listing for my dance store's name" to even find the listing with YP and then the information was from over a year ago with my hours totally wrong and showing me closed days I am open. I try to log in and fix the info - again, and can't access it. So, I called DexMedia and sounds like they are going to start getting things straightened out, hopefully.

Then I open my emails today and I have a bill for the back payments I refused to pay that has been accumulating and they are going to bill my account. I called YP, was given to several different customer service people - one says you can only access info by going to the YP directory - um, came up when you googled dance store when it was a free listing... They say (though YP would have been included with DexMedia if I had not already had the contract with YP) that they are different and can't break the contract, but it is cancelled for non payment. I tell them the other issue is inaccurate information- they say I don't have access to fix the basic information (address, phone number hours, but have to give them the info) and what do I need fixed as the address was changed on a previous call.

I told them I had been able to change info when it was free and repeated calls over the whole last year. Still has not fixed the days and hours, and it took multiple calls for the address to get changed. When it was a free listing, my store came up in a YP directory when dance stores were googled, but as a paid listing it doesn't? I am a new business. I need customers to see accurate information and if it is not it affects google bringing my info up among other things, like losing people who think I am closed or who come thinking I am open and I am not. If the listing for best places to get dance shoes/dancewear gives them studios and I am not even listed - that's ridiculous. And it's not a lack of reviews. I have reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook, elsewhere that are 5 star reviews.

So, what am I getting first for the $50 and now $250/month? I don't have extra money to spend on something that gives me less than what I had for free. And I do not appreciate being told one thing up front, getting absolutely no benefit and then being stuck in a contract I can't get out of. Last I knew contracts go two ways -I agree to pay and the other party is agreeing to give whatever I am paying for. So, doesn't broken contract go two ways? As far as I am concerned I have not only paid for nothing in return, but I have less than what I started with in having a free listing. Ridiculous. And I am assuming at this point the non payment gets reported and dings my creditworthiness. I would not recommend YP Solutions to anyone.

Hi Carol -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for prompt follow up by our Executive Claims Team. Please expect a call to address all concerns!

Original review: March 2, 2018

YP perused my business for almost a year. Over several meetings, they told me what they could do to provide leads for my Real Estate, Property Management Company. Dec of 2017, I decided to give YP a try. now, 3 months in, I have received one lead, and it was not truly a PM Lead, but I was able to give a nice lady some PM advice.

Several weeks ago, after complaining numerous times to my sales rep, I filed a case number, explaining the issue of non-performance and breach. My sales rep informed me that he would submit for a refund of my first month's payment. Instead of resolving the issue, another payment posted today. I logged on to check the status of my case and it had been closed. I guess this means they want me to elevate to the next step (Suit for Breach and Non-Performance). I would not recommend EVER using YP for a Lead Generation source. In fact, I would exercise great caution with any YP product based on the way they decided to just discard my issue. Thanks YP, enjoy my hard earned money.

Hello Bobby -

My apologies for the dissatisfaction surrounding the performance of your account. Someone should have definitely reached back out to you regarding your claim.

This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of resolving.

Thanks,

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Recently I was contacted by a collection agency about a payment of $3032 to YP. I would like to prevent to all people to avoid any business with this company. It looks like they are serious because their old reputation (Yellow Pages) but now they are doing everything wrong! PLEASE DO NOT SIGN ANY AGREEMENT WITH THEM!!! I got an agreement after many phone calls from the sales department and I finally started paying $650 a month (nobody told me that I there's a clause on the agreement that I cannot cancel the service). They promise me that I'll get at least 25 leads. I only got JUNK and SPAM phone calls, people looking for a job, calls from India and Philippines, and NONE serious lead. But they do not recognize that. During the service and after several phone calls with sales department they changed my publishing area because the first month was a disaster; after the second month in 60 days there's NO serious leads, only junk.

They have no idea what are they doing. After two months paying $650 I called to cancel the service because I realized I was putting my money in a garbage. They said is not possible and I've never received any letter, communication, or phone call from them in writing saying that is not possible, also no cancellation confirmation, no invoices, and nothing. This week (more than 1 year later) I received two letters with 2 days difference (which is against the law - we all have 30 days after the first notification to give them an answer if you agree or not) that I have to pay for court, attorney and 10% commission fees over the amount of debt + the $3032. Today I called the billing department to understand why a collection company is charging me $3032 for a service never provided. One person told me my debt is $2450 and the other person told me it is $3032 (2 different statements).

How you can create an invoice and never sent to the debtor and get received confirmation? The collection company sent me the agreement without my signature and a list of invoices after I cancelled the service. Katty, the lady from billing department testified that after my cancellation notice, they STOPPED the service (it is recorded), and they still charge me for the service month to month even if they recognize that they did nothing! According to the clause 4 of the agreement they cannot stop charging you - they said -.

In my understanding here in the US we have rights and there is a Consumer Protection Act we can count on, and this company is stealing your money charging you and not providing you the information and a service. This is a prepaid service, meaning that you pay in advance. If you don't pay, the service stop, this is the law, this is not a service like a credit card. This is a fraudulent activity from big corporations against small businesses, and the service is so bad, poor and wrong, that they added this bullet point on the agreement! If there's any person that can help me on this I'll really appreciate a help.

Good afternoon, Felipe -

I'm sorry to hear of the concerns outlined regarding your account. This matter has been escalated. Our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you with hopes of resolving.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH YP - they do not care about their customers, I been trying to fix a problem for months and every time I go online and create a case they close it even though the issue was never resolved. I was contacted by Caroline ** about advertising. She called me every day until we finally sign up. I told her I could only afford about $60 per month so we signed up for the local ads mobile for $64.00. Two months later, Caroline contacted me again and told me that she had review our Ad, and she didn't like the way it was performing, so she thought we should add the Local Ad Premier for another $99. A total of $163.00 per month. I told her that I could not afford that, so she said she was going to credit me the payments I had previously made for the Ads Mobile plan so I could try this new plan.

She mentioned that if after a few months I was not happy with this new plan that I could cancel it and come down to the $64.00 plan. So since she was going to give us credits I agreed. A few days after I didnt see the credits and I emailed Caroline about it and she emailed me back that she was working on them. Months go by and I cant get ahold of Caroline, I emailed her, left her voicemails, I created cases and nothing.

After 5 months I finally got a hold of her supervisor Peter **, we set up a call and he told me that I had nothing to worry about, that he was going to listen to my conversion with Caroline and he was going to let me cancel the premier and give me all the credits if that was what she told me. It has been 3 months since I spoke to him and I have sent him emails and I get nothing back. I called YP again today to request to be moved to another representative but I guess they cant do that, and they cant let me talk to anyone with a higher position before going through Caroline and Peter. I will not be renewing my contract with YP for any of our 3 business. The truth is they lied to me on a recorded line and they do not care. Dont sign a contract with them, I do not recommend it.

Hi Fatima -

I can't apologize enough for the issues relayed surrounding your account and that customer service expectations weren't met. Following up with a client when promised is of the utmost importance.

It appears that the ball was dropped in your case. I assure you that we'll look into your concerns and promptly reach out to you with hopes of resolving the matter.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

They are liars. Don't ever get tricked into this scam of a company, We are a small family business and a sales person named David ** that kept constantly calling me and I didn't answer the phone so he called my business partner and told her I was rude to him so she scheduled him a meeting with me to hear his pitch, since he was so insisting saying we would be #1 in google we decided to give this company the benefit of the doubt since David ** said that we could cancel after the first month.

He gave my business partner an iPad to pay for the first month payment and asked for her to sign, and turns out it was a contract saying we can't cancel, 15 days later we realized we were being scammed since we did not receive any business from this company and kept getting weird calls pertaining to other things that have nothing to do with our business.

I called David ** and he said we cannot cancel the contract and I said, "What contract? We never signed a contract with you," and he emailed me the contract that he illegally got my business partner to sign by tricking her into thinking she was just signing to give a payment. 4 months into this dispute the company never answers my emails or when I call they say I can't cancel. This is the biggest scam I have ever been tricked into. I hope they burn in hell for tricking small businesses and robbing them of their hard earned money.

Hello Yanelys -

My apologies for the experience outlined. The allegations made definitely concern us. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I was contacted by Jason ** to buy services. After hearing his pitches I was willing to sign up for 6 month program for 345 a month. However, I noticed that there were 4 listing using my name and different phone number. I never created these listings. He called back and I made him aware of the listings and said my partner and I weren't going to move forward unless our correct information was listed. After many emails and him stating that it was corrected, I showed him that he in fact didn't correct the listings. And I was only interested in one listing. I called him multiple times and he never called back. I called to ask for Management, and I was told I couldn't speak to anybody due to by the fact that I didn't have account. I was told by the person on the phone that if I wanted to correct the listings, he could sell me a service that did that. I will seek legal options, this place is disgusting. Absolute fraud.

Hi Mark -

We hate to know of the issue surrounding your account, and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach out regarding this matter. An escalation has been entered and we'll be reaching out to you.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My company got swindled into a 6 month contract. Contract is almost up and we have not received a single lead, or even anything resembling a lead. Customer service is nonexistent. Now we are out a ridiculous amount of money for their "services", and have not received anything at all in return. I have been trying to get my issues with them resolved for 4 months now and have not gotten anything accomplished. Your money would be better off burning in a trash can than doing business with YP Marketing Solutions. At least the fire would keep you warm.

Hi Parker -

I'm sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding the results of your account and the lack of resolution. This definitely concerns us. Be assured that we'll look into your account and reach out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Avoid signing on with this group if at all possible!!! Once they have access to your credit card information, they will NOT stop the monthly charges until you are dead (and maybe not even then; I haven't been there yet). Their Customer Service number provides service in the way that a breeding bull "services" cows - they have a million tricks including pretending to be unable to hear you anymore after you've waded through 25-30 minutes of phone trees and holds, 'accidentally' dropping your call on transfer, or hanging up while trying to place you on hold to access a fictional supervisor.

We have been stuck with this group for over three years now, but have been actively attempting to disengage for about a year. They threaten to destroy your credit if you withhold payment, though our one year contract was up with them two years ago. Having read others' horror stories once they removed these leeches from their bank accounts, I am unclear how to proceed from here, though it seems it may need to be litigation. NOT JOKING! STAY AWAY!!!

Hi Gregory -

I'm sorry for the frustration outlined regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for review and follow up. Our Escalations Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to resolve.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I wonder does this company conduct background checks on the people they hire for delivery of phone books. I had a package delivered to my home. Usually every year YP leaves them on the front porch. But this time it was left conveniently where my stolen package was placed. My neighbor witnessed them taking it. Now my question is how do I proceed with pressing charges.

Hi Felicia -

We'll be happy to look into this matter and reach out to you. Please expect a call from our Executive Claims team.

Ed

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

It's just plain and simple, they lied to me. I was told no commitment but should give it 6 months to notice a difference. Only difference is the money going out of pocket and nothing in return. When I called they told me that I had built a billboard in the desert and no one would ever see it unless I spent a lot more money! Thanks for the billboard in the desert. I'm done. Then they try to tell me that I signed a contract, I asked to see, they sent me a phony signature, not even close to mine.

Now they send me a bill and I laugh as I throw it away. I have a voice recorder on my phone and can't wait to play it in court. Don't bother responding to me, YP we're done! I will tell anyone that wants to listen about my personal, horrible experience with YP. You might as well just donate your money to a cause because you won't get anything in return from YP. THAT'S MY OPINION ON YP. Thanks and have a great day. By the way I am also a level 6 Local Guide for Google Maps thanks for the opportunity to express my dealing with YP.

Hello Greg -

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. We'd like the opportunity to look into this matter and reach out to you to address all concerns. Expect a call from our Executive Claims Team.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

After doing business with YP for 17 years + our yellow page ads, all 5 of them had the incorrect phone number. After calling YP and talking to 14 different people in a month's time I had the worst experience with their customer service. They say that they did a rollover number for our ads. We NEVER asked for a rollover number, and upon trying the rollover numbers sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. This is the worst experience we have ever had with this company and the excuses are endless. Going to re-evaluate our advertising next year.

Hello Terri -

We value you as a long-time client and hate to know of the issues outlined regarding your account. Customer service is something we stand very high on and my apologies that we missed the mark. Please expect a call from our Client Care Team as they will reach out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter.

Thanks,