1.55/5
Based on 162 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now a member of the DexYP product lineup, YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

Call us today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

728 YP Marketing Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

They are liars. Don't ever get tricked into this scam of a company, We are a small family business and a sales person named David ** that kept constantly calling me and I didn't answer the phone so he called my business partner and told her I was rude to him so she scheduled him a meeting with me to hear his pitch, since he was so insisting saying we would be #1 in google we decided to give this company the benefit of the doubt since David ** said that we could cancel after the first month.

He gave my business partner an iPad to pay for the first month payment and asked for her to sign, and turns out it was a contract saying we can't cancel, 15 days later we realized we were being scammed since we did not receive any business from this company and kept getting weird calls pertaining to other things that have nothing to do with our business.

I called David ** and he said we cannot cancel the contract and I said, "What contract? We never signed a contract with you," and he emailed me the contract that he illegally got my business partner to sign by tricking her into thinking she was just signing to give a payment. 4 months into this dispute the company never answers my emails or when I call they say I can't cancel. This is the biggest scam I have ever been tricked into. I hope they burn in hell for tricking small businesses and robbing them of their hard earned money.

Hello Yanelys -

My apologies for the experience outlined. The allegations made definitely concern us. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you to address all concerns.

Ed

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I was contacted by Jason ** to buy services. After hearing his pitches I was willing to sign up for 6 month program for 345 a month. However, I noticed that there were 4 listing using my name and different phone number. I never created these listings. He called back and I made him aware of the listings and said my partner and I weren't going to move forward unless our correct information was listed. After many emails and him stating that it was corrected, I showed him that he in fact didn't correct the listings. And I was only interested in one listing. I called him multiple times and he never called back. I called to ask for Management, and I was told I couldn't speak to anybody due to by the fact that I didn't have account. I was told by the person on the phone that if I wanted to correct the listings, he could sell me a service that did that. I will seek legal options, this place is disgusting. Absolute fraud.

Hi Mark -

We hate to know of the issue surrounding your account, and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach out regarding this matter. An escalation has been entered and we'll be reaching out to you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My company got swindled into a 6 month contract. Contract is almost up and we have not received a single lead, or even anything resembling a lead. Customer service is nonexistent. Now we are out a ridiculous amount of money for their "services", and have not received anything at all in return. I have been trying to get my issues with them resolved for 4 months now and have not gotten anything accomplished. Your money would be better off burning in a trash can than doing business with YP Marketing Solutions. At least the fire would keep you warm.

Hi Parker -

I'm sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding the results of your account and the lack of resolution. This definitely concerns us. Be assured that we'll look into your account and reach out to you regarding all concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Avoid signing on with this group if at all possible!!! Once they have access to your credit card information, they will NOT stop the monthly charges until you are dead (and maybe not even then; I haven't been there yet). Their Customer Service number provides service in the way that a breeding bull "services" cows - they have a million tricks including pretending to be unable to hear you anymore after you've waded through 25-30 minutes of phone trees and holds, 'accidentally' dropping your call on transfer, or hanging up while trying to place you on hold to access a fictional supervisor.

We have been stuck with this group for over three years now, but have been actively attempting to disengage for about a year. They threaten to destroy your credit if you withhold payment, though our one year contract was up with them two years ago. Having read others' horror stories once they removed these leeches from their bank accounts, I am unclear how to proceed from here, though it seems it may need to be litigation. NOT JOKING! STAY AWAY!!!

Hi Gregory -

I'm sorry for the frustration outlined regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for review and follow up. Our Escalations Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to resolve.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I wonder does this company conduct background checks on the people they hire for delivery of phone books. I had a package delivered to my home. Usually every year YP leaves them on the front porch. But this time it was left conveniently where my stolen package was placed. My neighbor witnessed them taking it. Now my question is how do I proceed with pressing charges.

Hi Felicia -

We'll be happy to look into this matter and reach out to you. Please expect a call from our Executive Claims team.

Ed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

It's just plain and simple, they lied to me. I was told no commitment but should give it 6 months to notice a difference. Only difference is the money going out of pocket and nothing in return. When I called they told me that I had built a billboard in the desert and no one would ever see it unless I spent a lot more money! Thanks for the billboard in the desert. I'm done. Then they try to tell me that I signed a contract, I asked to see, they sent me a phony signature, not even close to mine.

Now they send me a bill and I laugh as I throw it away. I have a voice recorder on my phone and can't wait to play it in court. Don't bother responding to me, YP we're done! I will tell anyone that wants to listen about my personal, horrible experience with YP. You might as well just donate your money to a cause because you won't get anything in return from YP. THAT'S MY OPINION ON YP. Thanks and have a great day. By the way I am also a level 6 Local Guide for Google Maps thanks for the opportunity to express my dealing with YP.

Hello Greg -

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. We'd like the opportunity to look into this matter and reach out to you to address all concerns. Expect a call from our Executive Claims Team.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

After doing business with YP for 17 years + our yellow page ads, all 5 of them had the incorrect phone number. After calling YP and talking to 14 different people in a month's time I had the worst experience with their customer service. They say that they did a rollover number for our ads. We NEVER asked for a rollover number, and upon trying the rollover numbers sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. This is the worst experience we have ever had with this company and the excuses are endless. Going to re-evaluate our advertising next year.

Hello Terri -

We value you as a long-time client and hate to know of the issues outlined regarding your account. Customer service is something we stand very high on and my apologies that we missed the mark. Please expect a call from our Client Care Team as they will reach out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

After being a loyal and consistent customer for ~15+ years. We are disgusted with the customer service representatives, the sales reps and in general all of the personnel we have dealt with over the last month as we try to understand our contract, and the services we are paying for. As a small business, the owners did not know what they were signing up for and feel INCREDIBLY taken advantage of and manipulated. When we asked to cancel our service because we are unhappy with the results, YP could not be more disrespectful, and unprofessional. We are appalled and ashamed that we would give our business and hard earned money to YP for over a decade only to be treated so poorly. The worse part is how we are treated by the employees of this dysfunctional company.

Hi Lindsey -

We're sorry to hear of the disappointment regarding your account and that customer service expectations weren't met. We'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address all concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Rigid standards with their 12 month contract. I was told I was going to have clients call me for my cleaning service. All I got were telemarketers harassing me. I was only active with the contract for 2 wks. I exceeded the 10 days so they refuse to cancel contract. They do not care about people.

Hi Dawn -

You requested to cancel a few days after purchasing our Thryv product and your cancellation was finalized on 1/16/2018 with your $59.00 payment refunded as well.

Misty attempted to reach out to you via phone and email on 1/26. If you have any questions, please reply to Misty via phone as she left her contact info or via email and she'll be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

AWFUL!!! My experience with Yellow Pages (YP Solutions) was awful!! The salesperson essentially told me I would be completing approximately 10-12 jobs a month if I signed-up with Yellow Pages, so I did in June of 2017. I never received a single job in the 5 months I was with them!!! Not only that but they charged me $680.00 for a landing page. I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THIS FEE AND I WILL NEVER ADVERTISE WITH YELLOW PAGES AGAIN!!

Hi Vicente -

I'm sorry to know of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account experience. This matter was escalated to Chris in our Executive Claims Dept. Chris advises that he's made several attempts to reach out to you, to no avail. Chris is eager to speak with you. When you have an opportunity, please reply to Chris via phone or email.

Customer increased Rating by 2 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

In July of 2016 I was referred to a rep in the NJ area. This rep called me and stated that he had to check if he could manage my account since I was a NY company. The rep called me back and said that he had permission, but everything had to be done quickly. A week or so later the account was pulled from him and the service was cancelled due to it not being sold properly. The rep never came to my office and it seemed as though he was trying to sneak me in under his territory and got caught.

A NY rep and regional manager reached out to me to ask what had happened and offered to come to my office. Upon meeting with them they explained that they would both be hands on with my account and informed me that if I spent approximately $1,000.00 per month I would receive 10 to 12 leads per month. In my business. 10-12 leads should get me at least 50% closing rate and would have made me spend even more with YP if it actually worked. I was excited to move forward and make money, but still had a bad taste from the initial issues. The regional manager, Kim sent me an email stating that she was approving a 6 month opt out based on performance of YP which made me more content to sign.

They set me up with a user dashboard where I could listen to any calls that came in as they were all recorded. My phones were ringing for sure... with robocalls, telemarketers and other non-customer related garbage. I reached out to my reps and they said that they would look into it and fine tune it. The service was so bad that they offered not to bill me in September. They set me up with a case manager who promised to fine tune the campaign and get results. By December I was beyond frustrated. I had received over 70 calls and less than 4 were legitimate leads.

I decided to use my opt out notice and cut ties with YP. I tried reaching out to my rep and manager who basically gave me the run around so I went to YP corporate who told me that I had a year contract. I explained that they also had obligations to fulfill their end of the agreement and since I was not getting leads I should not have to be forced to stay on and that I also had an opt out from a manager. I supplied the copies of that email to YP and on January 5th had a formal email from YP that said "sorry to see you go" in the subject box. It confirmed that my YP video, search and ads were cancelled effective immediately. It seemed as though this should have been the end.

I continued to get robo calls, telemarketers and garbage calls on my cell phone from the YP site continued to bill my credit card and I disputed the charges. I called and asked why I was still getting these calls if my campaign was cancelled and I confirmed by re listening to every call on the dashboard that they indeed were coming in from YP and 99.9 % were not legitimate customer calls. By February I had over 100 garbage calls and around 6-8 that were actually leads. & months for less than 10 leads when I was told 10 to 12 per month was not a good ratio!

Now YP was invoicing me for dates that were after the date of their cancellation confirmation email. When I called them to speak about it, it was like I had to start all over again. I supplied my 6 month opt out and confirmation of cancellation and was told "I had to wait 6 months to opt out". The opt out notice did not say that. My lawyer and I understood it to mean that I could opt out within 6 months due the poor performance of YP product. We went back and forth and I blocked YP from charging on my credit card.

Now the collection notices start coming from a law firm. I forward my confirmation of cancellation and the opt out email to the first lawyer and informed them to contact my lawyer moving forward and did not hear anything back. Months later a new law firm reaches out to me and I send them the proof of cancellation and they again try to state that I had a year contract until I proved them with the 6 month opt out. This lawyer seemed to be taken completely off guard that I had proof of cancellation and opt out and said she was putting this back on YP.

I have not yet heard back and I assume that YP will keep trying to collect money for a service that they failed to provide. Why would any company who knows they have an unhappy customer that they have failed miserably try to force them to stay on or pay for a service that they clearly can't provide? Why would a small business owner not stay with YP if the service was actually getting them jobs? Our smallest jobs are around $1,500.00 with many being between $7-12,000.00. I would have stayed with YP had I received and closed just 3-5 jobs a month for the $1,000.00 charge. In fact, I would have likely doubled or tripled my spending with them by now had the calls been coming in!

I invite any high up employee at YP to go over each call on my dashboard with me one by one and try to tell me that your company provided me with a service that should be paid for. Maybe YP works for some, but more and more people I speak to have had the same poor experience with YP. As long as YP keeps hounding me the more people I will tell about my bad experience.

Hi Eric -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account dissatisfaction and other related issues. I''ve been advised that our Client Care Team reached out to you and was able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was contacted from YP and they convinced me to open account with them. I paid $300.00 during 3 months ($900.00 total). So far, I've only received junk leads, and one call asking for an estimate. I called the YP (**), and he basically blamed me because I choose a cheap package, instead of pick a $1500.00 contract for 6 months. Unbelievable. I told him that basically he recognized that the $900.00 contract is garbage (or scam), but all I hear was excuses. I tried to contact a second YP rep (**) unsuccessfully (I was able to contact him in the past, when YP was trying to take my money). Be aware of YP, they are a bunch of scammers.

Hi Julio -

We hate to know of your dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance and that customer service expectations weren't met when you reached out. We'll be reaching out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Michelle **. Where do I even start? Our Hibu Rep. Every issue that arises I email her and am told the same thing every time. I'm walking into a meeting now, I'm on Vacation, Excuse after excuse. They routed all our phone calls to the wrong company in another state. Issue never got resolved, I had to call in and spent 2 hrs on the phone with customer service when she should have got this issue resolved. If you don't sign up for whatever service she is asking you to sign up for she gets rude and will not help with any future issues. Got sick of her telling me she's busy and on vacation. I emailed her and told her we are closing our doors and pls. cancel ad since issues never got resolved anyways. Was told, "Call yourself." BYE FELICIA. Pls. don't ever come into our shop offering your services. NOT INTERESTED!!! SCAMMERS!

Hi Ariana -

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're having. You mentioned Hibu. We were not able to locate an account for you with YP. Were you intending to contact YP?

Ed

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I signed a contract with YP Online in Nov 2016. I knew it would take a few months, but in spring of 2017, I wasn't getting results. I placed a few phone calls but never heard anything. In July I called and asked to cancel my contract. At that point, I was put in touch with "my" sales rep who came out, confirmed there was an issue - between the two of us we were able to verify 5 leads in an 8-month time frame - there were tons of telemarketing calls and hang-ups, but when we tried calling the numbers back most were bad. His solution was for me to sign another contract. When I declined he could no longer help me. I asked to speak to the next level up but was never put in touch with anybody.

Fast forward six months and over a dozen collection calls - each one where I asked to speak to somebody that could help me fix my issues (and they claim to record the calls) I finally speak to somebody who now can't help me because my account expired in November (it is January). I was told that if I had only contacted him that it could have been resolved. I think the most disappointing aspect of this is how the blame keeps getting put back on me. When the issue first started I was told I wasn't getting leads because I wasn't answering my phone. When I responded that I got hung up on all the time (and we tried calling the numbers back and proved that they were bad) I get ghosted. Except for the collections department. Today I'm told it was my fault for not reaching out directly to a person I didn't know existed despite repeatedly asking to be put in touch with this person. YP doesn't care about their customers. They only want your money.

Hi Krystal -

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointment surrounding your account experience. I've escalated your concerns and we'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I owned a small business for over 25 years and advertised with YP the entire time. Last year I made the decision to begin to close my business. I contacted YP to discuss my options for closing my account. I knew I was still under my annual contract. I talked to one of their representatives about it. She informed me that I could end my contract and be released from the remainder of the time on the contract if I also cancelled the telephone number linked to the advertising. I asked multiple times if every aspect of the contract would be nullified and I would not have to pay for the remaining months of advertising. She assured me every time that I would owe nothing more if the phone number was cancelled as well. I agreed to do so and she started the process. I then called AT&T to cancel the business phone lines.

Once that was done I called back the YP rep and told her that it was cancelled. She informed me she would have to call the number and verify that it was indeed shut off. It took several days for AT&T to get the line shut down. After that I called the YP rep back to get everything finalized. She would not respond to my voicemails at that point.

Some weeks later I received some paperwork in the mail from her seeming to indicate the account was closed. The bills from YP continued to come in though. I called the same YP representative multiple times and left voicemails. She would not respond to them. I began calling directly to YP and after 20 minutes or more of explaining my situation and being transferred to multiple departments who wondered why I had been transferred to them, no one could help me. Multiple representatives told me they would look into the situation and get back with me. No one ever did. I continued to call the original rep who I had a direct number for, I continued to leave voicemails which she would not respond to.

Every month I would get a bill and begin the painful process of calling in again. No one could help me. Most told me that they do not void the remainder of contracts. I would explain my conversation with the original rep, they would put me on hold and transfer me to different departments who once again would wonder why I had been transferred to them, as they could not help me. One rep spent about an hour talking to me and talking to her supervisors. I thought I was finally getting somewhere. She seemed interested in trying to actually help me get some answers. She said she was getting information from her supervisor and would call me back as soon as she got the info. I never heard from her again. But the bills and letters stopped coming, so I thought something may have finally been taken care of.

That was until yesterday when the letters from the collection agency began coming in. YP has the worst communication imaginable. Everyone who told me they would get back with me did not. Every call to them was a painful frustrating 30 minute process to get to a person who understood what was happening with my account. Then they would never get back with me with any information that they assured me they would provide.

I made decisions about closing my business when I did, based on the information provided by the original YP rep. Had I not been told that I could end my contract I would not have shut down my business phone line at that time, and subsequently made other decisions based on canceling phone line. In the end I am expected to pay for advertising that I cannot benefit from because the telephone number associated with it was shut off. Be aware of the lack of communication and misinformation from YP and it's representatives.

Hello David -

My apologies for the issues outlined and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to address the matter. I've escalated your concerns and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

New business that chose to use yp.com. For several months I experienced my primary category being changed. I contacted them, it went back to a/c repair service. Over and over again, once or twice a week it would get returned to appliance repair. This went on for about 4 months while paying them around $300 a month. Their presence service or disservice to be more precise had my website listed as a city search listing and once again appliance repair service. They also claimed my business on others, locked it as appliance repair and marked it as claimed by YP. I has since retained an attorney who gave them ten days to return my 1200 dollars and accept their breach of contract.

It has been 20 and no response. A ridiculous display in service. How do they get away with this criminal like behavior. Their contract covers inaccurate info but not obvious changes over and over with intent to provide no service at all. Give me my money and find your unprofessional representatives who did this to 601799COOL. yp.com is a BULLY, knowing they're needed for their phone book advertising. I expected better from yp.com considering their position. That's 601799COOL. You have my number, that's 601799COOL (2665). Maybe I won't need you, you already have my number. Smart.

Hello Steven -

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Hi. My name is Vasiliy ** owner of the small commercial cleaning company. Back in July of 2017 I was contacted by YP representative Brandon **. He called said he is local YP representative, he wants to see if he can help me advertise my business on YP. I really didn't want to but I guess that's why he is sales rep. He convinced me to met with him, no obligations just will give me some info. So we met. Presentation was nice, great customers would be just blasting my phone. So I agreed. Said we can try to see how will it go. On our first day we agreed on $99-199 per month advertisements on YP, Google, Bing, Yahoo and something else I think. We on our second meeting thing changes. I was promised new top of the line website. First place everywhere. Even more calls. But price is 499 and 3 months trial period. After talking I fell for it again.

Advertisements were suppose to start August 1, 2017. Something wasn't working. It started August 15, 2017. Well long story short from August - November 31 I got 3 jobs. All legit calls were probably (from my memory) 6-8. 5 commercial jobs I got 3. And 2-3 house cleanings which we don't do. Tons of some kinda fake numbers and other marketings. Tons of calls just nothing good. So end of November. I texted my sales rep (Brandon **). To stop all my advertisements as of 12/1/2017. Which he replied ok. Call you tomorrow. It was end of November December 12 he sent me text, "Oh there is issue with billing." So we met Dec 14, 2017. He said, I requested to cancel everything but it takes 2-3 weeks to process it. So I said ok well not knowing any better. Same day December 14, 2017 I called YP customer service. And they told, "Ohhh. No no. Nobody requested anything."

Your listing still up and running. So I requested again with customer service rep to stop all my advertisements. And then called customer service 5-7 more times to stop it. Sent emails to my rep Brandon **. Called his boss Aaron **, and still nothing. And now they are telling me that they can not cancel my advertisements cause I am under contract until July 2018. Remember Brandon ** told me there was only 3 months trial period. No contracts. Nothing after 3 months. Can cancel it anytime. So today is January 3, 2018 called at least 10 times to customer service wrote emails to Brandon. And still nothing. I just want to cancel everything as I requested 12/1/2017. Thank you.

Hello Vasiliy -

We hate to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance. The satisfaction of our products by our valued clients is of the utmost importance to us here at DexYP. We'll look into this matter and reach out to you regarding all concerns.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

This company does not practice ethnically! They will have you spend money for ads, and simply do nothing to promote your Business. All the staff are corrupted! They will tell you a bunch of lies to your face. They will sell you out to your competitors! Do not sign any contracts with this Company! They will charge you for services you won't receive! They will charge you even after you have canceled your contracts! Despite the fact you may have copyrighted your entire web.

YP will steal and use your content for their own gains and to advertise online. Despite all there efforts they just simply cannot deliver! Of course they will take your money and run and deliver nothing, in the end you will see all your content are running on their ads (nevermind the copyright) clearly displayed on your web. Most of the little traffic you will get is simply from internal staff calling and posing as clients! In my opinion YP is a platform that clearly does not work, due to the corrupted staff that tell lies repeatedly. Be warned! Do not waste your money or sign contracts! This is a Company that needs to close with its History!! I rate them zero and unethical???

Hi Ashley -

It saddens us to know that you feel this way and I'm sorry for your dissatisfaction regarding your experience. This matter has been escalated for prompt follow up.

Ed

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

My listing was mixed with someone I referred for a few months but before that I got no calls, and now I still have no calls, I'm a flood victim and I cant afford to pay a listing that I no calls from. I desperately want out of a contract I get nothing from. I cant pay the payment, over 1000 a year and as yet I have got no clients. So I'll be in default, I will not pay for a product that by no means works for me, I'm one person, a self employed hairdresser, I had faith in YP or I would have not signed a contract, they gave me a small credit for the listing being wrong, however still after it was finally corrected after much time on the phone, still no leads...done. I fulfill contract but this was my biggest mistake after already losing everything I had.

Hi Lisa -

I'm sorry to hear of this issue and we hate to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I signed up for YP.com services with the understanding the cost was $130 PER YEAR, NOT PER MONTH. Even though I spoke with my contact 4 times before agreeing to sign up with the service, somehow this BIG fact was never disclosed to me. Even the breakdown of the invoice provided no extra clarification, never giving the total annual cost of $1560/year. I was also not informed of the 10 day grace period. I would NEVER agree to this service had the sales team fully disclosed the ANNUAL COST. I believe they intentionally failed to disclose this cost because they knew I would never agree to it.

My business made $5000 last year. It is obvious and self evident, that I would never spend 30% of my gross income ($1560) on advertising with YP. The sales team was well aware my business is VERY SMALL and knew I cannot afford this service. I believe they chose to be vague regarding the breakdown of costs, in order to mislead me into signing the agreement. On top of all this, the marketing gains explained by their sales rep have not materialized. Instead, this service has only disrupted my business with telemarketing and scam calls. I am seeing a pattern of falsely representing YP services.

I called my contact at YP to cancel my account. He picked up the phone right away and promised to look into it - then never called me back and started avoiding my calls. In our last conversation, rather than helping to resolve the issue he suggested that I if I couldn’t afford the service, I “shouldn’t pay” the invoices that YP sends to me. I started a claim with YP support, which was promptly closed the next day without a single attempt on YP’s end to contact me. YP stated that the claim had been resolved, which obviously is not true.

I contacted the customer hotline for YP to get a hold of sales contact’s manager. After 15 minutes of circular conversation they disclosed a contact email. I laid everything out in an email and received a quick reply saying that they could not help me, but that they were forwarding a message to the supervisor who could help. After a day with no response, I sent a follow up email directly to the supervisor who had been forwarded the email. I never received a response, and this was a month ago.

In summary, I believe YP is in the business of misleading their customers and misrepresenting their services. Their sales tactics and apathetic customer service is abusive. The product that was sold to me when I initially spoke with their sales team is not what was represented in their terms of service. I think my request is reasonable given the circumstances, and any honest company would not hesitate to resolve this issue.

YP Marketing Solutions response

Update:

Hi Jackson,

Christy in our Executive Claims Dept advised that this matter was addressed and resolved today. Thank you for allowing us to assist you.

- Ed

Hi Jackson -

We certainly hate to hear of the frustration outlined regarding your account and inconvenience experienced as a result. This matter has been escalated and you will promptly be contacted in an effort to try and resolve.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Our business has advertised with YP for over the past 10 years. We had always had a local rep come by to go over our ad. Apparently sometime during 2014-2015 their local office closed and accounts were moved to Dallas. A Dallas rep reached out via telephone and mail to go over the ad and get it approved for both pricing and ad details. Just as in the past the ad was approved and an agreement was reached.

However in 2016 we never heard from anyone from YP and according to their collections dept. our billing somehow went into automatic renewal, even though it was never agreed to be automatically renewed. There was never a contract, an agreement, an attempt on their part to reach out to us either by email, letter, or by mail. Just a bill we received starting in January of this year. My husband has called, asking for a copy of the contract, etc... and they won't provide him with one. Now they have our account in collection and we are receiving nothing but harassment calls. We have constantly denied that we owe this debt. We never agreed to nor were ever notified that our account was automatically renewed, nor were we ever allowed to make changes, or have our monthly costs lowered. Very deceptive trade practices at best!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I received a call from YP Advertising Solutions several months ago. Mr. Ricky ** (who is no longer with the company) promised to set up an advertising campaign to generate 2 to 3 calls per day. The cost? $300/month for six months. I did this because I thought over the next 6 months it would be good to have this volume of new customers. Instead, I am not receiving that many new leads per month. It would appear it is costing $100 per lead!!! NO ONE WILL STOP THIS MADNESS! I have called and called. Shame on YP!

Hi Francine -

Client satisfaction is what we aim for, and I apologize that we didn't hit the mark regarding your experience. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be in contact with you to address this matter at length.

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2017

to be honest, the company has responded to me very well and they promised to resolve the problem.... hopefully it will not be a trick

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I have never had a such bad horrible experience before, everything is terrible starting from the dishonesty and the fake promises beside the customer service. When the sales representative visited our office he confirmed that we can only try YP for 3 months and if we found it not worth it we can cancel it before the 3rd month, it took us almost a month fighting over the phone with the customer service just to get a phone call from a sales manager which finally she called us and she gave us also a fake appointment to come and talk to us face to face, she never show up or even answered her phone and when she finally answered she said, "So sorry. I was travelling" (CAN YOU IMAGINE TO GIVE US AN APPOINTMENT AND SHE TRAVELS WITHOUT EVEN RESCHEDULING).

And then she said, "I will call you back" and that took another 10 days and finally we called her again, at the end she said, "NO. I can't cancel anything because I see here that YP is doing very good to your company" although for the last 3 months we have been tracking all our new clients and none of them even mentioned the YP and she start talking to me as if I was born yesterday and say, "We put you on over 350 websites. We set you up on Google" which of course is a big fake pretense as we have our online marketing with all these different websites way before we even signed up with the YP, and when I mentioned that I am not surprised from all what has been happening as I saw everywhere huge amount of horrible reviews she accused me that I have been disrespectful to her and to her company...

Please be careful and do not waste your time and waste your money and read all the other reviews... And of course now nothing is gonna happen except a response to this review saying, "So sorry for your frustration and bla bla bla" but I promise that this review will be all over the internet. I CAN'T EVER EXPLAIN MY FRUSTRATION.

Hi Antonious -

I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account experience. This is definitely a matter that we would like to look into, address all concerns and attempt to try and resolve. You'll be contacted by our Executive Claims Team regarding this matter.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After 5 months into my $552 per month internet contract, I became curious about lack of activity and printed all phone calls from YP internet. After going through the list I found that most calls were from areas outside of my county and service area. I determined that I got one job that was a repair for $300. $2762 for one small job. I called them to explain this problem. They had someone call that said that the program was new and my ad campaign needed to be adjusted. This woman declared that she would treat my account as if it were her own. We went over territories and keywords. After about a month there was no improvement.

They then stated that 4-5 good leads a month would be a good performance. That would not cover the advertising cost. Advertising is supposed to create jobs and profit, not loss of money. They can't guarantee how much you should profit, but you should never have to take a loss. If you are advertising with YP, I suggest that you do a complete audit of all aspects.

Hi Randall -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Our Executive Claims Team will look into your account performance and reach out to you in an effort to resolve.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have been unsatisfied with the service presented by YP Presence. The sales rep promised features that I haven’t seen yet. Below are some of the misrepresentations I’ve experienced: 1. All features of YP Presence will cascade to other sites (including reviews, which is untrue). 2. The contract is monthly (when I tried to cancel was the first time they mentioned a year term, then shoved the contract in my face). 3. You will receive leads (not one yet). 4. I have the option to downgrade the "services per contract". Getting the subscription was the worst business decision I have made thus far as it is literally a waste of money... Something has to be done as I am going to write them and file a complaint ASAP!!!

Good afternoon, Desmond -

The experience outlined is definitely not one that we want any of our valued clients to have. I apologize for the dissatisfaction surrounding your account. We'll be reaching out to you to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Yp.com has a free business listing. Great except they have listed my business and put incorrect information refusing to add my license number in the title which is required by Florida law. I want them to correct it or REMOVE MY BUSINESS. I tried to upload a picture which has my license in it and these idiots keep removing it. YP is in violation of Florida law by posting my businesses without my license numbers. I have filed a complaint with the Texas AG and the FTC. I also requested that they communicate only by email which they have ignored entirely. I am not able to speak due to a medical condition. I'm absolutely disgusted that this company is operating this way in the United States. YP is an embarrassment to say the least.

Hello Steph -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience as a result. We'll promptly be reaching out to you concerning the outlined matter.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

A very persuasive and confident sales rep came along and exuded confidence and savvy about taking care of all of our marketing needs. The only reason we agreed to spend our entire advertising budget on the plans she presented is that it would take work off of us and she arranged a special deal for us that we would be able to cancel after 6 months if we were dissatisfied. We started by advertising for the summer season (we do extracurricular activities for school aged kids). It took a lot of time and communication to get the landing page to be usable. It ended up just confusing our returning customers; especially since our ad would only really come up when people searched our company name!!! We are already the first result for our own name!!!

Well, now it's almost Christmas and YP is still advertising for summer camps for us. We've opened multiple cases to ask for changes, but they just keep calling us to find out what the issue is, then closing the case a few weeks later without doing anything. We have gotten less conversions of leads to customers from them in 5 months than we used to get from a Google ad words budget of $600, and we have been paying them $1600/month! We have gotten a dozen phone calls from their ads, and 9 of those were our own customers asking about picking up their kids. I think one new call was actually related to what we do. Now we're trying to cancel and they're saying that we have no such agreement. We are a small business and can't afford to throw money around. If you are in the same situation, I recommend staying 100ft away from YP.

Hi Leo -

Our apologies for the issues outlined regarding your account and that the matter hasn't been resolved to this point. Executive Claims will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working to resolve.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Over 4 years ago I signed up for a 12-month contract with YP online. In that four years the ad never paid for itself so I tried to cancel it last week and they told me that I owe them another 12 months that I can't cancel because I had another contract with them which I didn't and don't. They told me the contract renews every year and that if I didn't pay them they would take me to collection.

I never verbally agreed to a new contract. I never signed a new contract. They said that they had sent me a letter saying that the contract renewed. I will never use this company again. Kyle ** 800 479 2977 told me I can't cancel my contract right now that he can put in for it sometime later this year. I never agreed to a new contract and I never signed anything or verbally agreed to anything. But they're billing me for another $1,200 for the year. Would love to have this taken care of asap since I see YP response to these claims. But I also see all the responses are generic. Make my company look good PR responses. If YP really wants to help I own **. To be Fair though the ad was okay but never really resulted in any business.

Good afternoon, Sonny -

I'm sorry to know of your unhappiness surrounding the performance of your account. We'll look into the concerns relayed and promptly reach out to you in an effort to try and resolve this matter.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My account rep promised results. My business doesn't even show on a basic search. Instead 8 companies that are out of business populate the first page. My rep says to refresh the page three times before I'll show. He cannot explain why out of business companies who obviously aren't paying for advertising, show before my business that IS paying for advertising. I cannot find my listing unless I do a specific search for my business name. Now my rep says "You have a twelve month contract. You're stuck!" I say "breach of contract on YP.com." Think very seriously before advertising with YP.com.

Hi Keith -

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding your account. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to discuss all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I originally inquired because our business changed name and ownership, yet reviews during the previous owners and name continue to stay up. I have spent several weeks trying to resolve this issue and no one seems to be able to help. They just tell me a case was sent to customer service, then I hear nothing.

Good morning, Eric -

Our apologies for the issues encountered and the lack of follow up to this point. Expect a call from our Client Care Team as they will be reaching out to you soon regarding this matter.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Information

www.yellowpages.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use