toll free

• 4 stars1%
  • 3 stars2%
  • 2 stars6%
  • 1 stars88%

YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

Call us today to learn more!

Resolution response: Aug. 31, 2016

Wow, yp.com took care of everything so efficiently. Appreciate all their time and effort. Everything was done so professionally. Thanks so much for your kind attention to my matter!

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon.

While you have decided not to continue advertising with YP, I am glad that I was able to resolve the concerns regarding your account.

As discussed, I have made the necessary adjustments and cancelled your account.

Also, thank you for agreeing to update your Consumer Advisor Review/Rating. Should you have any questions or would like to advertise at any time in the future; please feel free to contact us at any time.

We sincerely care about our customers and always want to help you with growing your business.

~Shenette

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I had a terrible experience with yp.com and Kayla ** who was the representative who created my account. The online ad did not work. I kept getting wrong numbers. Most persons calling my number are wanting a towing company, we are a web designing company. I got no results from my online ad. So wanted this canceled. If the online ad is not canceled, I will submit a claim with a law firm, as a verbal agreement is not valid. I submitted a email, which is a dated and stamped document in June. Kayla ** said she was going to have someone call me, never did. The service was so bad and I want my account removed, canceled. DO NOT CREATE A ACCOUNT WITH YP.COM IT IS A SCAM. YOU WILL GET NO RESULTS.

Hello Erin!

Thank you taking the time to rate us and for your thoughtful comment. We would like to share your thoughts with our team. Please provide me with your account and contact information at your earliest convenience.

Marti

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I am taken aback by all of the negative reviews. My representative Christina is here completely for her clients and genuinely cares about me growing my business. She isn't a scam, I don't have the funds and she worked out a perfect package and I've seen great results.

Good Afternoon Karen,

Thank you for contacting us and expressing your concerns regarding your YP.com advertising program. I am currently researching your account and will reach out to you within the next 24 hours. If you need to reach me before that time frame, you may contact me via email at: ypexec@yp.com.

Regards,

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

We have attempted to cancel our YP Advertising services multiple times. We wrote a letter cancelling and it was returned, marked as "refused". When contacting customer service, we have not been able to obtain a clear answer on how or when our cancellation request will be processed. We have asked for a copy of our contract and it has not been sent. Not sure how a business is allowed to operate without clear terms and directions on how to end services.

Hello Stephanie,

As per our phone conversation the account you referenced below is with the company Yellow Pages United. Unfortunately we are unable to assist with this matter as our businesses are not affiliated. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kanetta

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

They sent us a mailer with all of our contact info incorrect. Across the top there is big bold letters telling to make any corrections to your company's info, and mail back to them so they can have your listing correct. There is also very small printing across the bottom (of which I didn't see until it was too late) that by doing this you are agreeing to pay $396 for a few months of 'service', this then turned into $792, of which I'm still not even sure what kind of 'service' this is for. I called them, and spoke to Jessica ** @ ext. **, she was not able to tell me what kind of additional 'services' we were receiving for this $396 other than being listed, which is a free service, of which we thought we were making corrections for in the first place. If you ever receive ANYTHING from Yellow Pages, DO NOT MAKE ANY CORRECTIONS AND DO SEND ANYTHING BACK TO THEM!!! You will be agreeing to pay them hundreds of dollars for nothing!

My experience with YP.com has ranged from disappointing to very frustrating. Derick ** was the Sales Rep who got me interested in what YP had to offer and I signed up to increase our volume and agreed on $2500 per month with a promise of increased leads. I didn't ever feel comfortable about the value being there and considered not renewing the contract. Derick promised increased response and tried to reassure me the traffic was there and the leads were just disguised as coming through other internet sources.

Finally in August last year he called to talk to me about renewing and I told him I had decided not to go through YP.com for my advertising anymore. I was both relieved and surprised with his quick reply of "OK" and thought nothing more of it. What I didn't know and he didn't tell me is if he didn't process the cancellation with the company, my contract would slip into a month to month billing cycle. So over the next 8 months we had $2500 per month accruing to a whopping $20,000 taken out in credit card charges. We do have considerable expenses monthly and my payable department failed to catch the charge until it was finally brought to my attention in July of this year.

I immediately called Derick and he acted surprised I was still getting billed and stated he remembered me cancelling. He said he'd look into it and get back to me which he never did. I spent a couple months trying to get this straightened out with the credit department as Derick wouldn't return my phone calls. Though I stayed congenial throughout, I got increasingly angry with the non responsiveness of YP.com in general. I was told by several different people I would need to give them 48 hours to get a hold of the rep and verify cancellation. They would then call me back. I got no response. I feel like I'm at a dead end and am looking at options at this point. Very dissatisfied and would recommend going in another direction as their promises seem to be quite empty as a systemic problem throughout the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for bringing this matter our attention.

Executive team member Karmita will be reaching out to the customer within the next 24-48hrs. Alternatively, the advertiser can contact Karmita directly @ (800) 228.0248 ext 4292466.

Respectfully

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

YP is the most unprofessional and worthless advertising I've ever had. They don't do anything for you and they don't follow up on any of the cases you will make to fix issues. They overcharge and don't put up their end of the deal. Even if you ask to handle your listings yourself they don't help. I repeat, if you ask to do their job for them they don't even help. They list you in the wrong categories and the only action you'll get is from telemarketers. Also if they say you'll be at the top of the searches, that means you'll be at the top if someone searches every little bit of your business info specifically. Biggest waste of money yet. Please beware! You'd be better off doing it yourself for free. You'd probably reach more people and generate more business without wasting $300+ a month. I'm currently trying to cancel my account but have not heard back yet.

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for bringing this matter our attention.

Respectfully

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I have been with my YP marketing for 4 months now. I have not seen any sales or any type of visitors come to my store since I have signed on with this advertising company. I have contacted my so-called marketing rep in regards to the issues that I have been seeing and there has been no resolution. I was told that my site would be advertised to 300 companies. I was also told that there were about three to four hundred people that was interested in my products in my local area. Since I was given that sales pitch I have not seen any sales or even visitors coming to my website in the past 4 months. There is a monthly charge of $159 a month and I lose money every single month. I am a brand new business and this has definitely stunted the growth of my business.

When I was advertising through Google AdWords I would see anywhere between 100 to 200 visitors per day including sales. Now that I have switched over to YP Marketing I only see 4 visitors per day which is sad and that could be only from my hard work and due diligence of my own advertisement not through YP Marketing. When YP Marketing started to advertise my site they put my home address on Facebook advertising it to the whole world. It took them months to correct that. I could not go back into Facebook. I did not have any access to change that myself. They did that on several different sites and promised that I would not have my physical address advertised. Now as we continue they have changed the address but there are still no advertising through the 300 directories I was told. After signing on with my YP Marketing now my marketing reps tells me it takes some of the other directories to approve my site which could take a month.

I waited an entire month as well as two months to see if these directories would approve my website and it has not happened even up until now. I have asked for a credit from the time in which I did not receive proper advertising that has not been credited to my account. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if I get any hassle in regards to coming out of this contract. I also have recorded the conversations between me and the marketing consultant if I do not get this situation resolved in regards to cancelling my contract. I will take this a lot further and I will be glad to present the information that I have. I do not have time to wait for emails and I do not have time to wait for my marketing consultant to contact me back which is usually never or two to three weeks. I have to call them and this is very sad for a so-called well-known company.

Hello Mr. Schules,

I would like to thank you for taking time to allow me to resolve your concerns regarding your YP advertising. I am so glad that we were able to reach a resolution. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at ypexec@yp.com

Chysa

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Advertised with them. They couldn't even get the name of the company correct in the advertisement, but knew where to send the bill each month. Sales person was unresponsive once the sale was made. Only until a couple of months had gone by did they get back to us. Don't waste your money.

Hi Pamela,

Respectfully,

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

After signing a contract for online advertising my ad took 2 months not 2 weeks to post online. The ad had the wrong phone number and wrong information. We contacted our Rep. He continually said for 3 more months he was working on it... In the meantime YP continued to draw money out of our checking account and credit card with no authorization. This is a nightmare. They have now taken the ad down and cancelled the contract. We asked for a refund of the money they took from us. They said no, cancelling the contract was their goodwill and would not be refunding me. Now we are getting forwarding phone calls from other businesses that have since dropped out of advertising with them. YP has our number listed for tattoos and construction and we are Wedding photographers. This is outrageous. How do we get our money back?

Good Afternoon Marv,

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at ypexec@yp.com.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Landing page design awful and after months of activity and billing we are having very poor results. Success managers are of no use. I requested my landing page be my website and they refused insisting I must have their designed landing page which was very restricted and returning awful results. The toll free number they assigned to my landing page received 95% wrong numbers which they counted as leads. I requested changing their stock form on the website and they refused saying that the form was a template and they couldn't change it to give the information I requested. I complained that I was misled during their sales pitch at sign-up and I would like to cancel my contract and they refused. Awful company. I would like to be part of class action suit against YP Marketing Solutions. I will proceed by going to the New Jersey State Consumer Affairs Agency to file a complaint.

Dear Barbara,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. At YP, our standards for both our product and service, and your satisfaction is very important to us. We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers.

I was unsuccessful in reaching you by telephone to discuss your concerns with the YP advertising program.

Please contact me toll-free at: 866-228-0248 ext 2331 between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Shenette

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

My experience is very similar to the others and I’m wondering if anyone has contacted Attorney General’s office, and Better Business Bureau, and/or Federal Trade Commission for assistance? On June 20 I received a call from a sales rep, Neal ** who sold me an advertising package that was to include multiple sites for a monthly fee of $269. I was told that the initial payment would not hit my account until all the sites were live. However, on June 21st – the very next day - $269 was taken from my account.

After coming to the conclusion this was a scam and there was no advertisement (I had three people look for an “ad”) I emailed and snail-mailed a request to cancel on June 28. On June 29 a representative, Rocki **, contacted me and asked if I could give it a chance to “work” and promised me 10 leads – However, after not receiving any contacts or being able to find my own listing, I contacted Rocki on July 8th stating to cancel as previously requested. I received a reply back stating “I will process the cancellation.” I am now receiving bills in excess of $344 and collection calls. I’m told I’m locked in for a year but according to their very fine print terms and conditions I cancelled within the time-frame and have yet to receive any “advertisement”. I wish I would have read these review first – I would have hung up on the “sales person.”

YP Marketing Solutions

Good Morning Terry, I have sent an email with the resolution. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at 866-228-0248 or ypexec@yp.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

Shortly after buying my business a representative from YP called and gave me a wonderful sales pitch. I am a small business and was just starting up so despite the cost I thought it a great investment from the information of my sales rep on the results I was going to get. I realized quickly that after trying to contact my sales rep that I had made a bad move. I left her messages and was never given a return call. I then received an email for a survey to which I responded in how I felt. I was finally called back oh but this was a call that had no reference to my issue of wanting to cancel and I was being pushed into a further sale and renewal. I reiterated my wanting to cancel and then received an email in reference to the survey I responded back in writing to re-assert my firmness in canceling.

4 months later not one refund or cancellation. I called today. Was transferred 3 times and told three times that the cancellation would occur and I got two reference numbers and a guarantee that I would get a callback within 24 hrs to resolve my 4 months of unrefunded money (219.00 per month I am being charged). STAY AWAY from YP. It's a RIPOFF.

Good Morning Roseanne,

I was able to get all of the requested changes completed. I sent you a completion email that details all of the changes that were completed. I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to resolve your concerns. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to respond to the email I sent which also complains my contact information. Thank You Nicole.

Good Afternoon Roseanne,

Your request has been received by the YP Executive Escalations team and has been assigned to me for processing. I will be reaching out to you to address your concerns. If you need to reach me before then please call 866-228-0248 or email ypexec@yp.com.

Nicole

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

When a customer said he wanted me to help him get a website set up, I agreed. YP initially set up an embarrassing website for my customer with incorrect information. They put the business under the wrong search categories. And they made up false text that misled the readers into thinking my customer provides services they do not provide. Even though they promised we would have one week to work with the person doing the setup to make any corrections, they made only a few changes. When I spoke with the representative, he told me he was done but I could make any further changes I wanted to make, but when I tried, I found that I not given the needed permissions. Customers are not allowed to edit their own web pages. I have filed multiple bugs, I have talked to several support people. I sent requests to them via email addresses they gave me, all to no avail.

The last straw happened when I finally reached the sales rep assigned to the business. She heard me out with a lot of sympathy, and promised that if I would send her the emails describing the changes, she would get the changes made the next morning. A week later, nothing was changed. I called her and she said she had gotten busy with something else. I can understand getting busy, but I cannot understand promising something and not delivering and not letting me know that there was a delay. I see now from these reviews that my experience with YP.COM is not unusual. My customer has had to live for months with inaccurate and misleading information on a poorly written and badly designed web page that is probably driving customers away. They have not received a single lead for their money!!! Not one!

Resolution In Progress

Our YP experience was terrible. The company and its employees misrepresented their abilities and when we realized this and cancelled, they continued billing $1,800 per month and are now being contacted by a collections attorney. Our cancellations were ignored and we were unable to get a response from the rep or his manager. The "guaranteed program" they sold us did not produce as "guaranteed" and was cancelled. In fact the guaranteed program did not generate any leads from our industry, the few calls we did receive were for services we do not offer.

YP's Sales Manager acknowledged, then attributed the internet advertising failure, and YP's inability to deliver as "guaranteed" to, YP "feeling the growing pains of a complex software program". The cancellation(s) were ignored and billing continued. YP engineers also dismantled our performing Google AdWords campaign without our authorization and left us without a critical lead source. To make matters worse and without authorization our account was debited $3,100.

This companies recklessness not only caused overdraft fees, but left us without a vital lead source we relied on to run our business. We foolishly believed the program guarantees and trusted YP to increase our leads, instead the program's failure and the loss of AdWords as a lead source has left us scrambling to rebuild our online program for more than a year and now they are threatening to file a lawsuit against us, beware!

Good Afternoon Lavar,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to allow me to resolve your concerns regarding your YP advertising. I am so glad that we were able to reach a resolution. At this time, I would like to ask if you would please log in to your Consumer Affairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I have been looking for a way to get my business out to a broader audience when I stumbled across YP.com. After speaking with the sales rep my wife and I were excited to start advertising and using their services. We decided to use a one service first before rolling into the others but we were very clear with our sales rep that we will be looking to get the other services depending on how this goes. You would think that would put some fire underneath him to make sure he is attentive to us to grow the relationship.

He advised that it would take a little time to get everything set up, which was fine at first. I believe I was also advised that someone from the office would contact me. Which they did but they missed me. This is where everything went south. We played phone tag for a while even after I left specific times to reach me. She left times for me to reach her as well and was never available. So after going back and forth with no contact I just focused on maintaining the account myself assuming maybe I missed something and that I just need to update my account info.

The problem is that I reached out to them because they were going to consolidate the management of my online presence and update everything for me when a change was done. It never seemed to work correctly specifically on Facebook. I have had a Facebook account for years now but they created a new Facebook business page for me. WHY?! This is where I really need to talk with them. They are setting up an account that is essentially competing with my existing account.

Then I heard somewhere that a business should be cautious when working with companies like this because they will own the profiles they create for you. So if you stop paying then it's not just that you take control instead it’s you have to start over on your own. If this is true that would explain why they created a new Facebook profile which is bad business and IMO unethical. Now I could have got an answer to the accuracy of this but guess what? No one can be reached to ask!

So I chalked this up as a learning experience and tried to make the best of this because, hey I signed the contract and agreed to the terms. So my loss. I let them take their auto payments and moved on with operating my business. Then I got a call from YP. Perfect. Now they have finally called to help me... "Wait what are you calling about." "You not calling to answer my questions and help with my account." "So you mean to tell me that you are calling because the account that my auto debit is coming out of declined!"

My bank updated my Business bank card because of the new chip that has to be on them now (yes I hate the chip too). So YP tried to take their payment that month and oh no, the card number was changed when the card was updated. So now they cannot get paid. So what happens now they can call me. I explained to the rep that my card was changed and that it would need to be updated but before we do that since I have someone on the phone let’s talk about my account. Of course they could not help me because they only deal with billing and they kept trying to trick me to give them my card and "verify the new card number." I am not stupid. You cannot verify what you do not have. They were more concerned with getting my card number again to keep the money flowing than actually helping me.

I received two calls like this and was told that they would have someone call me. The second call was escalated and I was promised my rep would call. I provided them a specific day and Block of time so that I was waiting for them and did not miss the call... But of course I did not get even a text. To date I still am only getting collection calls from YP to make my payment and update my billing. It’s not want to give them their money it’s here when they are ready to get it. I am just holding the money as I wait for them to fix my account and offer some kind of service. Yet still nothing. No calls, no messages except voicemails from YP collections and emails of the same.

YP DO RIGHT BY YOUR CUSTOMERS AND MAYBE PEOPLE WOULD BE HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE. I guess it’s just easier to take advantage of all the new businesses that are starting up every week then to nurture the business relationships you already have. Of the five main sites that I am concerned with (and clearly the most important), only two are technically active and being managed and this is after 6 months. YP (obviously), and Yahoo Local. Facebook is listed but it has nothing in it and of course as previously mentioned I needed them to manage my existing Facebook account not create a new only. Do not use YP!!! It will end in wasted money and time. Still waiting to hear from you YP. I am ready when you are.

Good Afternoon Jessica,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I received your request and have been unsuccessful in reaching you to discuss your concerns and derive at an amicable resolution.

I will be contacting you again today via phone and email to address your concerns. Thank you Karmita.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

We received 0 jobs for $990 per month which caused considerable distress to our business. In august 2016 baton rouge experienced a very devastating flood and I am having a very hard time receiving a 1 month deferment on a payment plan to pay back the thousands that we paid for absolutely nothing. Even the large banks are giving deferments to those affected and we are getting late fees and calls from collections. I called right after the flood to try to get reduction of amount owed and I got another late fee and an email saying my case had been closed.

We are not the only business that has paid outrageous amounts of money for a service that did not perform. Our business neighbor owed 20k for something that brought 0 new business to him. If you own a business I would stay as far away from these sleazy salespeople as I could. Take it from a business that has been all but bankrupted by YP. They do NOT do what they claim they will and then they will call you ruthlessly for payment.

Resolution In Progress

I was contacted by Landon with YP.com and he convinced me he could drive traffic to our website and provide us leads. His sales pitch was impressive and I signed up, something I now regret. To begin with the department that puts together the ads had an incorrect email address for me, an address I was completely unaware of. We started receiving debits to our bank account before ads went live. We were guaranteed 7-12 leads per month (which means 7) and told YP monitors this and increases the frequency of ads if they aren't meeting those goals.

After 4 weeks we have seen exactly 0 leads and a lot of unfulfilled promises. To add insult to injury, I tried contacting Landon by email and phone and I expressed my dissatisfaction. He finally emailed me back and said he was at his sister's wedding in California for the week, was trying to avoid work and would call me the following week. I have never experienced such disrespect and apathy in business and I was stunned he couldn't pick up the phone given he knew how dissatisfied I was. I would strongly urge anyone to ignore the request for a meeting and just say no.

We cancelled our advertising verbally in February at the end of our yearly contract. Apparently the advertisement was auto-renewed, and despite numerous calls to YP, and the assignment of a "case #", and promises of a callback, we continue to receive invoices - and no one has called us. I have sent a letter detailing these issues as well. It disturbs me to learn that this is not uncommon behavior for YP after a quick search online. I would appreciate help in resolving this issue.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2016

The issue was resolved very fast. Thank you!

Customer's response to YP:

Eugene Waterlow

The issue was resolved very fast. Thank you!

Hi Eugene,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding the free listings for your account. Please provide me with your business and contact information to better assist you.

Regards,

Breanna

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Couple days ago, I had my small business listing on YP.com with the name "**". I received Email with - Congratulations! ** is now listed and looking pretty on YP.com - I checked and this was true. Today I got call from YP.com and they checked the information listed on YP.com. After 5 min woman representative start hardly pushing me to buy paid advertising. When I said No for paid advertising they removed my company from YP.com listing. I think it is not fair to remove free listing if you reject to pay for advertising. And in special, if you will google "free business listing" YP.COM will be in first 10.

Take advantage of the free listing. DO NOT hire them under any circumstances. They are the world's worst. I decided to pay them to promote my business listing for one of my three locations. So they took down my free listing for one location and made it the paid listing for my other location which showed up as number 57 on the list (they promised top of the list). Now I'm left with no ad in one area and a completely incorrect ad in the other area. Which no one would ever see anyway because it was 57 listings down from the top. To make matters worse, when I cancelled due to their incompetence they charged me almost double the agreed monthly price and took down two of the three ads. So now I'm left with no ads in two locations, and they took my money. I had to dispute the charge on my card because I couldn't get anyone to respond to my email or phone calls.

This company is unreal. I called again in an attempt to cancel the contract which I originally cancelled in writing within the cancellation period. I was informed that the notes stated the account had been "saved" and that I had agreed to continue the contract. This is false. I NEVER agreed to continue the contract. Another case was opened for the cancellation and again the case was closed citing that I agreed to continue with the contract. I guess this company stays in business by ripping off small business owners who don't have the time to deal with this nonsense.

Hello Susan.
I am so sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the service that you have received from YP. I will have a representative call you shortly.
Respectfully,

Lori

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Our Company has advertised with YP for years. Each year we renew our contract and almost every year there is a new representative writing up a new contract with new ideas and offers and correcting the mistakes that the previous representative made the year before. For instance category corrections, phone number corrections and address corrections. With the new contract renewal and corrections and promises to make it right again to keep the price affordable I am inspired to do it again only to find out they messed up again!

This time I'm angry and am wondering why I have to take the time to call and talk to customer service over and over again to correct information. I spoke to my representative who acknowledged it was her fault but could not correct it. She said I was under contract now and her manager will not return my calls. That's simply wrong. Why do I have to subtract a category or delete information now in order to make my info match the quoted contract price. I should get all of what she quoted me. They asked me to get rid of my new platinum or mobile listings or something because that made the bill too high. I even offered to subtract a listing and then I thought about it and said why should I? They promised me that price. Anyway my bill still doesn't match the contract that I signed.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Greg. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding incorrect information on your previous advertising. Please provide me with your account and contact information to better assist you. If you have already filed your complaint in small claims court then I can certainly send this information to the appropriate team.

Trenita

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

It appears that YP.com has a great deal of complaints recently. It also appears they have just started responding to these complaints. If you take a moment to read through these you will notice we all have something in common with our problems with YP. My business has been damaged by their neglect. I cannot even stop the damage as after 6 months of complaints and an expired contract, the incorrect paid ads, incorrect websites, incorrect phone numbers, incorrect addresses, incorrect category listings still plague my business to this very day. As a business owner with disabilities, I am currently suing YP in Small Claims court.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Re Be. I am so sorry that you have not been satisfied with YP Marketing Solutions, and I want to make it right. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to assist with your concern. Respectfully, Lori at YP

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

They are the worst. We just wanted to change the phone number in the free listing in the phone book. They assured us it would be free. They've been sending us a bill for $1000 every month for the last 5 years. And the number is still wrong in the phone book. They obviously know their business model is dying and are trying to squeeze out every last cent they can. But it's going to be funny when they get sued. Here's some free advice YP. Try doing a good job and people may not throw your phone books in the trash the second they get them! And to the people who work at YP - run. Get a real job before they suck you down in the dirt with them. The worst companies to work for are the ones that only care about making a buck which is exactly what YP is doing. They don't care about their customer, they don't care about doing a good job and they don't care about you!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Jessica. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding information in with your free listing. Please provide me with your contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Trenita

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

We had a duplicate listing with our old incorrect contact info. YP said they would delete the old listing. When we declined to run ads they deleted the new listing and kept the old one. They put a button you can hit that says new location but of course everyone just calls the old number. Since this change we haven't received any calls. They did this on purpose because we decline to run ads. All they had to do was delete the old listing. This unethical practice shows YP isn't there to help businesses unless they agree to large ad contracts. We will be publicizing this issue on Facebook and many other fraud sites.

YP Marketing Solutions

YP sincerely apologizes for the dissatisfaction with the advertising performance. YP has agreed to early terminate the contract and informed the customer that no future charges will be assessed and no credits or refunds will extended. The customer was sent an email confirming YP’s resolution agreement.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I received a phone call from a yp.com rep (Sandra). She told me that she has a whole bunch of people searching for my business right now online and they can't find it. She said "Hundreds of people are looking for your services." So I signed up with them $158.00 a month. It's been 5 months. They have not provided me with one customer, not even 1 review. All I get is calls from numbers from Florida and all over the country except my state (Pennsylvania) and when I answer these fake calls, no one is ever on the other end of the line, and then those fake calls and numbers show up on my yp.com dashboard... LOL... That's how I know they are sending me that fake calls.

I called them to cancel my subscription. They told me I can't because I have a contract with them. So basically I'm paying $158.00 month for the next 7 months for false promises. This is a new business I just started and I can't believe these scavengers are robbing me like this and taking money that I didn't even make... It makes perfect sense why 90% of new businesses fail. It's because of animals like yp.com and LocalEdge.com. Stay away from these two. Between both of the Internet marketing sites I'm spending $500.00 a month for the last 5months and they did not get me 1 customer not 1... Not even a call for an estimate!!! Stay away from these inbreed bastards. They will rob you and take all your money!!! Stay away from yellowpages.com, yp.com, localedge.com. Stay away. Save your money. You have a better chance to put logos on your car or truck to get customers... Don't do internet marketing!!! Stay away from yp.com!!!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Anurag. I apologize for your experience with YP, LLC. Please provide your account number to better assist you with your concerns. Someone will contact you.

Angela

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I won't explain everything that happened as I do no have a lot of time. However, any business approached by yellow pages be very cautious. This company is full of rats. They will take your money with no refund available and you can't even break contract. So be very careful. Avoid them like the plague and put your money into better places such as Kijiji, google or Facebook. Honestly you'll get ** results with yellow pages. In fact, I didn't even get one even though they promised a whole lot and when I put a free ad on kijiji I got so many. Again please please please I urge anyone before they decided to do business with Yellow Pages to think twice. Anything that doesn't have a full refund or even an opt-out available is probably a scam.

Hello Prasad!

I apologize for your experience and would like to help. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Lori

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I have contacted YP in 2015 early. I signed up for 300 a month advertising... then my account was assigned to a local sales rep who made false promises and upgraded my account to $1686 a month. After paying few months with zero results I asked them to close my account. After that so many different levels of executives from YP contacted me that they are going to fix the problem. Now they are threatening me to get their money legally. YP sucks.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Brad. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding information in your advertising campaign. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I signed up with YP over five years ago with two locations. I have never seen another rep nor have I had anyone call me to verify information was still accurate, would l like any edits nothing but a bill. Approximately 4 years ago, we grew and moved both of our locations. Early last year I realized I was paying for wrong information. I contacted YP but could never speak to a rep. He was never in but I had one assigned and NO ONE ELSE in the company can help. Long story short, I have spent hours on the phone trying to speak to someone who will simply get my information right.

We are now up to four locations but YP says I owe regardless of whether info is accurate. My contract auto renews and I should simply keep paying. WRONG. I have sent three letters, which have all gone unanswered. I cannot get anyone to respond in writing. When I call they say, "This call is being recorded." I tell them ALSO on my end, "You can't do that". They want NO record of poor customer service, no record that they print misinformation. They refuse to respond in writing OR simply fix my address and phone. How simple. I would pay if they would get it right!! But I will not pay for unauthorized misinformation.

Resolution response: Aug. 19, 2016

Good follow up!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Sebastien! I've very sorry for your experience. We'd like to begin assisting you with your concerns. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

YP

I spoke with Sebastien, and explained that the yellow page company that he has the advertising with is not affiliated with us. This is an entirely separate organization and has no dealing with our company. I located the company in question and explained to Sebastien how he could locate and contact them. Sebastien understood and said, he would contact them.

YP is always willing to work with our customers and amicably resolve any complaints. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

A guy calls you, makes you believe that he's calling for an online ad renewal in 2 months, presents you the whole YP offer for 30 minutes then makes you verbally sign a contract for enhanced listing on their site. First thing you know is that the organization where you work hasn't dealt with them for several years. Of course, they got you on the tape and now you are stuck with a 12-month contract at $250/month. In addition, they are not even providing any help to set up your company's profile page. BE CAUTIOUS!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Pennie. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the confusion around your advertising campaign renewal. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

YP

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I had Yellow Pages advertising associated with my AT&T telephone service since opening my business in 2003. I relocated my business to an area that is not serviced by AT&T and cancelled the AT&T account. Unknown to me, the YP account was not discontinued. I have tried multiple times to cancel the account. I have called YP and each time after spending over 45 minutes on the phone, I am "transferred" to someone with more authority. But at each transfer, I get disconnected. This has happened three times. I cannot believe it is a coincidence.

They then send me emails saying they are trying to contact me but are not successful and that they are cancelling the request. When I try to answer the email or call back to speak to the person who sent the email, I go through the whole process all over again. I attempted to enlist AT&T's help since it was their rep who failed to tell me this account would continue. They connected me to a rep from YP who said he would call me back within an hour with a resolution. That was three days ago and have not heard since. It should not be this difficult to cancel a service which I never entered into with them in the first place.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile