toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Great product and great service - highly recommend. From start to finish they were very prompt and professional. I am very excited about my campaign and know that it will be super successful from some other YP users I spoke with. I will be recommending YP to others for sure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our reps go above and beyond to meet our needs. They truly listen and adjust the current plans as applicable to our account. We have done away with all other advertising! As an established company of more than 45 years, we do not do a lot of advertising, print or digital however, by choosing YP, it makes it easy for us to stay up to date and secure in our choice. Thanks YP!

Greetings Sharon

We have forwarded the Consumer Affairs post to Sales, as we could not find any record of advertising ever being sold for the company listed in the post.

If you have an account number to reference, please update the post so that we can further research and find resolution on your behalf.

Shenette, YP

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We were pitched very well on a couple of products; PPC & Directory. For our small business this monthly payment was a serious investment. We were promised stellar results. Our campaign started May 28th, 2017. The results were terrible, and our ROI was non-existent. We found several mistakes on our landing page, and mentioned numerous times that our geographical parameters were incorrect. We were receiving calls from other countries, other states, spam calls, you name it, our customers also informed us that the number YP showed was not in service (resulting in a loss of sales).

We voiced our concerns to Paul ** numerous times, who presented himself as our sole contact, and success manager. Come to find out, that this is incorrect. We were never contacted by our actual success manager, Paul **, and were not allowed per Paul ** to speak to anyone else on our team unless he was involved. He was disrespectful, unprofessional, and acted inappropriately by degrading the female team that was overseeing the account with YP. He did not find anything wrong with our campaign, and stated that YP is doing a great job for us. He was emotional, and was very unprofessional; he conveyed that his fiancée (he willingly disclosed her name) works for YP as well, and disclosed information about her accounts that she is overseeing. We voiced that we wanted to alter this campaign, we wanted to simply stay on the directory and that's it. Paul ** said that was not possible, and stopped all communication.

After multiple meetings and phone calls we were able to get in contact with Jamie **, a YP supervisor. After numerous calls and weeks of silence we were told by her that her team; Paul **, informed her that he had resolved any issues with us which is absolutely incorrect, in fact we never received a phone call or email from anyone in YP. Once we were able to get in contact with Jamie, she said Craig **, Paul ** manager would call us: conversation between our team and Craig ** has yet to happen (we have been waiting for over 2 weeks).

All we simply want is a phone call! It is recklessness, and completely unacceptable to lie to people, and take their money every month. This is a scam. YP promised us results, however the only results we are seeing is our bank account being charged. They are collecting money and leaving their clients in the wind. We are frustrated beyond belief, we are horrified, and feel that we have been taken advantage of. YP does not communicate well with their clients, nor provide proper customer service. This whole situation has been very disappointing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have been loyal customers of YP for years... Paid all of our bills. In 2012, I started a website that became so popular that by 2016 we felt that we no longer needed their services. They called and harassed us and insisted we try them once more, yet I refused. They called every day for weeks and once spoke to my wife. She was not aware of anything to do with the account and she never told them "yes", which btw, if they call, just keep saying no, no, no... Because they try to trick you into saying "yes" to record you.

Anyway, they claim they have a recording of me saying yes. They do not... And to this day have never produced this recording to back up their claim. When you call to clear things up, they put you on lengthy holds claiming they are researching the recording, and every time, 6 times so far, they hang up on me, and when I call back it's a repeat of the last call. These people are CRIMINALS... And if I ever get stuck in the elevator with their CEO Jared Rowe, I might just have to give him an earful for all the trouble his loser company has caused my company...

Hi Beverly -

I'm sorry to know of your frustration surrounding your account with us. This is definitely not the type of experience we want any of our clients to have. This matter has been escalated to our Client Care Team. They will be in contact with you to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

On 3/7/17, I signed a digital advertising contract with YP.com. The agent explained to me the process in which I would gain leads that could generate new business. After all, is that not the point of advertising? My expectations were and are not unrealistic. But to not get any leads is outrageous to me. As of today, 9/12/17, I have not received one legitimate lead. Any "so called lead" has been from wrong numbers, solicitors and the like. Even at that, I cannot hear anything on the call. It does not even connect. And yet, YP continues to charge me $300 every month.

I have complained to the sales rep who has spoken to the responsible people and there has been nothing forthcoming. Through the grapevine, I have heard about some sort of credit on my account - but no one has told me that directly. Even if it is true, it is not enough to cover all the months so far into this contract.

Likewise, I submitted a case myself and a couple days later I received a message that it must have been a missed call. This is ludicrous. A MESSAGE ON MY MACHINE WHO COULD NOT EVEN SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH!!! I am almost beyond words; I am so angry!

When I signed up, I received an email from YP regarding the YP Search Program Performance w/ the following benefits: YP handles everything, etc. - Don't have to worry about managing the campaign; Custom landing page drives valuable connections to your business and finally, YP gives consultation and optimization to ensure your campaign is performing. Further, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to call or contact YP. YP DOES NOT DO ANYTHING IT SAYS IT WILL DO. I WANT OUT OF THIS CONTRACT.

Hi Lindsay -

I'm sorry to hear of the outlined issues, and apologize that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempt to discuss the matter. Our Client Care team will be in contact with you regarding this matter.

Ed

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I wanted to call and cancel my account after a month because I was getting more traction from Yelp than from Yellow Pages. I called customer service, they directed me to a Sales Associate who then was extremely rude and told me I would be taken to a collection office (where my credit would decrease after paying the full amount of my 12 month contract). Then she tried to persuade me to spend MORE MONEY advertising with them if I wasn't getting the traction I wanted. Let me get this straight, after being rude to me and not trying to work something out, you're going to try to sell me more advertising. Is that a joke? I will never advertise with Yellow Pages again.

Good Afternoon Josh,

Per our records, the all YP advertising cancelled effective 8/8/17 & 9/15/17. Again, our apologies. We do appreciate your business and hope to be able to provide advertising at some point in the future.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

My experience with YP started off great. I was sold to their service because of their "cover all bases" marketing strategy and their personalized representative. After months of not receiving any leads or connections through the internet, I tried to reach out to my representative. This is the representative that sells you their 12 month contract saying they will be in touch with you to review and optimize your online search engine optimization once a month. Then you call their customer service center to try and speak to someone around your representative. I don't know how many case numbers I requested with numerous fair complaints. The red flags were popping up all over, and I tried to take action to cancel the service. I was swindled by my representative, (who called back, good work Jimmy), into testing out the new optimized search strategy, (which should have been occurring every month).

I stated I still wanted to cancel, but let's see how it performs. I received a voice mail two weeks later, after I was supposed to hear back in about 3 days, saying if I don't hear from you, I'll assume everything is great. Thus far, it has been an 8 month nightmare, losing tens of thousands in business. I had done better marketing with Google on my own not knowing what I was doing. So now, when you're the owner and operator of a small business, I'm supposed to stop in the middle of my work day, (making money to pay into this scam), and try to reach out to leave a voicemail to not hear back for another two weeks? Or call more customer service morons who do nothing?

When I finally was able to stop my account, after ridiculous amount of stress and anxiety, I continue to get billed. I continue to get leads. I can't really afford any legal action, however at this point, I might start to try. Forget about the star system rating the experience, this is a smart and legal way they go about stealing from the customers that put their trust into them. Nothing short of criminal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

YP Marketing Solutions

HI Sarah-I would like to apologize for the issues noted in your complaint. This is certainly not the experience we like for our customers to experience.

Your sales team was contacted and will be reaching out to you during next 24-48hrs in effort to resolve this matter.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I'm a business owner who pays for YP to feature my listing. A lady who was never a client, never called our office or who I have ever seen gave me a extremely negative review pretending to be a client. This lady, who appears to be unstable, stole my Facebook profile that has our 3 children under 5 years old in it. This is harassment. Scary harassment. Meanwhile after flagging it 3x and explaining situation, YP says doesn't violate rating and reviews guidelines. I'm paying for someone to slander me. Someone who is also stalking my family who must be mentally ill. They don't care about their customer. Oh did I mention this is all happening after we were hit by hurricane Harvey. YP is a sick company.

Good afternoon,

Our records indicate the YP advertising is already set to cancel on 10/1/17. This is the 1st available date after the cancellation request was submitted on 9/1/17.

Again, our apologies for your negative experience. We do appreciate your business and hope to continue serving your advertising needs in the future.

Shenette, YP

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

BEWARE! Absolutely DO NOT do business with these crooks. They will have their salespeople call you and make everything sound great and before you know you've locked yourself in a 12 month contract for $148 a month! I signed up and less than 11 days later I call to cancel. I was told it's impossible as I needed to cancel on day 10, haha, how convenient for them. I then asked if I could cancel after 6 months if it's not working and was pretty much told, "Tough cookie you signed a contract!" These people are crooks, please don't fall victim to them like the rest of us.

YP Marketing Solutions

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had this hooked up and have not had one bite from anybody and they automatically took money out of my account without my permission. I am very disappointed. I told him I did not want YP no more and I was guaranteed work from Ness and I have not seen one thing. I am getting in touch with the Better Business Bureau and if anything comes out of my account again I will be seeing my lawyer.

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Chysa

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Worst product and worst service ever!!! We start working with YP in February 2017 a salesman named Zachary so he promised for us 7 to 15 more clients every month if we will sign the contract with YP for 6 month, so we did it and after 2 month we were trying to contact our salesman about that contract and ask him about his promise, "Where are the new CLIENTS???" He stated to us we are not alone in his schedule and he can’t help us. Then next month we called him again and operator from OTHER COUNTRY said to us he is not work anymore with YP. After that we asked to find another salesman, and after few weeks some female called us. She stated the previous salesman (Zachary) did everything wrong and because of that we can’t get a new clients from YP, but at this time we already paid more than $900.

After our talk with new salesman we get back the same promise and bright future with YP, but today after 6 month we still get = 000 = CLIENTS. So, on the end of all this story we get bill for $1200 more and YP send it to collections. So for now we will start build a case against YP for scam and not following their contract!!! If someone would like to join us please welcome! Also the YP portal was not working properly so we wasn't able to upload more than 10 photos. YP SCAM AND WORST COMPANY EVER.

Good Day Robert,

We are sorry to learn of the difficulties you've experienced with your YP advertising program. At YP , our primary goal is providing directories and customer service of the finest quality. In this case, it seems that we may not have lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves or those you expect and deserve.

We have sent you an email outlining the results of our research. We hope that this situation has been resolved to your satisfaction. If there is anything else we can do for you, please call our toll-free Customer Service line anytime from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Again, our apologies; we do appreciate your business and look forward to serving your advertising needs in the future.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I joined YP.com during the last week of May, 2016, after meeting with a very slick salesman named JOEY **. Mr. ** responded within minutes to a small questionnaire I had filled out online seeking advertising information. I agreed to meet with Mr. ** and when we met, he began to share with me all kinds of pie-in-the-sky information as to how well my business would do with YP handling my advertising.

One of the first questions I had asked Mr. **, was how long he planned to stay with the company, because I do not like being sold something only to have my ONE AND ONLY point of contact suddenly disappear. He assured me he was going to be with YP for at least the next several years and that I will always be able to reach him if I ever had any questions. Interestingly, he quit almost immediately after selling me their $300 per month pay-per-click plan, but, I assume, not after first receiving his nice commission for selling me this plan.

When I met with Mr. **, he told me since I didn’t have a website or URL he would take care of it. He showed me several of their landing pages they had created for current YP customers and they were beautiful. I was impressed. He assured me my landing page would be "mobile-friendly," meaning it could be accessed by mobile devices. He also assured me that no landing page would be created without my input, or permission, that I need to provide text and photographs, and that once built, I would be able to see the product BEFORE it was published. Well, after a month, I never heard from Mr. **. I called and called, but no answer. Finally, I called their main offices in Glendale, Ca, and was referred to a supervisor who had informed me that Mr. ** had quit at the end of May, 2016, right after I signed on the dotted line. I was very angry. I was assigned a new agent at that point.

About 2 weeks later, I started receiving calls here and there for my business. I asked callers how they found me, and they all said "the internet." I looked and found my business name on the internet, but NOT with my correct information, text, or photographs. I was ANGRY. After Mr. **'s reassurances that NOTHING would be published without my first viewing the site and giving permission, he had put in the request for publishing BEFORE he had quit, and without notifying either ME or his supervisor. After that, I was even more angry, and felt betrayed by his apparent lies. Even his supervisor and my new agent were stunned. It took over 2 months to clean up the mess left by Joey **, but things just got worse after that.

When I provided my text and pictures for my new landing page, the page was finally published, but looked NOTHING like the landing pages shown to me by Joey **. My page looked amateurish, and sloppy, with fonts which resembled something you would see on an old typewriter, and my pictures were squashed, elongated and distorted. A 2nd grader could have made a better landing page. I was told by my new sales agent that perhaps Mr. ** showed me one of their "premium" pages to induce me to buy the plan, for which he was very apologetic. Again, I was angry, but there was nothing I could do about it because I was on a budget, and that landing page was their cheapest page available. Also, trying to fix the fonts and pictures was not an option because the page was built overseas, and because of the nature of the plan, fixing the site was next to impossible.

Although they were able to correct a couple of mistakes on the site, it still did not meet up to my expectations. I felt out of control because the site was NOTHING like I was told or shown it would be, and I could do nothing to fix it. In 2000, when I had a single, quarter page ad in the Yellow Pages phone book costing $300 per month, I received more calls and had more business than I knew what to do with. That trusty paper book got me so much more than this landing page did. And, as for being "mobile-friendly," that was also a lie. My landing page was not accessible by any mobile device. After all this, I turned to Yelp, and started getting calls, since Yelp is mobile friendly, even with their free ad plans.

Now on to the great pay-per-click plan Mr. ** sold me. I was guaranteed 12 calls per month and barely getting those 12 calls. Amazingly though, I had told Mr. ** that 12 calls per month is not even CLOSE to what I needed. I needed at least 12 calls per DAY in order to close at least 2 or 3 customers. He assured me that I will receive significantly more calls than 12 per month, but he is only allowed to say 12 calls per month, because that's what the contract says. Well, another lie here because I did only receive 12 calls per month. It appears, on the surface, once they deliver the calls that were agreed upon, they turn off my program. I have never been given an answer as to why, month after month, my calls stopped at 12.

When the program was discussed we talked about a radius from Los Angeles. As of last March, 2017, they had it set to 40 miles (I only wanted 30 miles max) and taking me deep into South Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside, etc, but, being an owner operator, those distances are way outside an acceptable range and do not convert into a job.

Next comes their online reporting. As of last March, when I decided to stop paying for their rip-off program, their report shows that 51% of my business since the program started comes from Google. If you look at their distribution detail at the bottom of the page it shows: 9335 Impressions, 338 Clicks, $448.32 spent on Google. So when you look closely at their figures it does not make any sense. YP is stating that of the money spent the cost per click is $1.44 which is lower than listed on Google’s website, so what are they actually delivering? If they spent 51.29% on the budget on Google in the 8 months at $300 per month, this should be roughly $1,200 but only spent $488. Where did the balance of the budget go to?

Back to my landing page for a moment. They gave me a landing page that is only optimized around Temple City but using a 40 radius from Los Angeles for their search program. Also, the mobile landing page basically list my name and phone number with no call to action or reason to call me. When I was sold the program, I was told more than 50% of the internet users are doing so on mobile devices, yet mine does nothing for someone who is looking for a Bin Rental company on their smart phone. In addition, the number on the website is tracked by YP and they are taking credit for every search paid or not that ends up on their landing page. So, I really have no idea what they are delivering.

I have GREAT Yelp reviews, but YP’s website is the one that was listed so anyone landing on my Yelp page gets tracked back to YP.com. It is the same for Yahoo & Bing. YP is taking credit for every call that comes from those sites organically. I have since published my own, standalone website that is linked to Yelp, and it is doing well, and cost less than 1/2 of my amateurish YP landing page.

Now, let’s look at my key words. There is a total of 586 key words they are using. 229 for Google or 39.2% and 357 to Bing or 60.09% Bing yet they say 51% of the traffic is coming from Google with the emphasis of key word list is going to Bing. I printed a list of my key words and the majority of cities listed in the key words are: Riverside, Santa Ana, Moreno Valley, Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, Long Beach, Anaheim, Garden Grove and Fullerton. As of March, 2017, I did not see any cities like Los Angeles, Pasadena, Alhambra cities local to my office. Not surprisingly, I'd say 90% of my calls generated by my YP landing page are from areas that I cannot, and do not, serve. I have had calls from as far away as Fremont, CA; Austin, Texas; Blythe, Ca; Bakersfield, Ca; Temecula, Ca; and ALL these areas are WAY outside my service area, and these are most of the calls I had received from my YP site.

Every time I put in a call to fix the problem, nothing seemed to change, despite the best efforts of my current sales person. So, it appears YP does what they want, use deceptive tactics to make you believe their program is performing better than it is, and turning it off when they achieve the agreed upon calls. Shame on you YP! I must make note that I stopped paying on this miserable contract back in April, 2017. I refuse to pay for a plan which was over-promised by a slick salesman, yet under-delivered. I was suckered into this plan based upon what I believe to be Mr. **'s pre-planned deceptions to get me to sign the contract, knowing he was going to quit. The price and cost do not translate to actual jobs. In essence, I was throwing my money down the toilet.

I must, however, give props to his replacement, Cedric **. Cedric has been there with me through thick and thin, doing the very best he could with a less than acceptable situation. Cedric has done everything possible to make my experience better, but, unfortunately, Cedric's hands were tied due to the nature of the plan I had bought. There was very little Cedric could do at that point, but I am thankful for his efforts. In my opinion, Cedric's talents would be better utilized by a more reputable company. Cedric ** is, by far, one of the best in the business and I believe he could do better elsewhere, in my humble opinion.

Hi John,

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I don't believe I have ever gotten any new business from YP Marketing. They keep trying different things, promising the next one will work. They talked me into shooting a 369 video of my business, and then when that got no results, another agent told me it probably wasn't a good fit for me. I got on their call program where they record calls that come through their internet listing, and then they failed to record them for several months. When they did, I could see I wasn't getting any useful calls. I finally tried to get out of my contract since I have found another company which has already started getting me some business, but of course they won't let me out. And since I made it clear I wasn't going to renew them when my contract is up in three months, I haven't heard from them at all, I haven't gotten any calls in a month, and I might as well flush the money I still have to pay them down the toilet.

Hello Angelica,

I wanted to follow up with our phone conversation and let you know that we have taken care of this matter for you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I initially requested a mail out. The proof they sent me was smudged and just awful. I told them their services were not needed due to their proof. They never sent a mail out. I never got a confirmation of mail outs but they billed me $1,200 which I REFUSE to pay because services were never rendered and the agent who was helping no longer worked there. Now I'm receiving letter stating they are going to sue me. Sue me for not doing their job??? RIDICULOUS!!! They never mailed out anything, and how do I know because I told them I didn't want it after seeing their proof and let's say they "did" hypothetically mail out my mail outs, I would've gotten a phone call about my post card at least 1 time and I got 0 calls. That's how I know they never mailed out ANYTHING!!! You can't bill someone then try to sue when they did nothing. I wish I could get paid 1,200 for nothing.

Good Morning Pamela,

We received this post via the Better Business Bureau and have submitted the inquiry to Sales so they can contact you regarding the advertising and how it should perform.

At YP, our standards for both our product and service, and customer satisfaction is very important to us.  We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I am a small business owner with next to nothing for any kind of ad budget. I received a call from their sales at the end of June 2017 promising that I would get more than enough leads and calls to pick and choose from. The only calls that I received were from other companies like them. I called the sales rep wanting to cancel my contract over all of this and she said she would block those form of calls from my profile listing. In the past few weeks, I have received nothing. No calls. No leads. Absolutely nothing! I gave it an extra month to be disgusted even more. This is a complete waste of money that I do not have to spend. I emailed again to cancel and have not gotten a response back. I have deactivated my bank card that this contract is linked to and am filing a complaint with Visa and my state Attorney General for fraud and gross misrepresentation. All I want is a confirmation of my contract cancellation and a full refund.

Good Afternoon, Lori-

My apologies for the frustration surrounding your account and billing. Be assured that YP will be promptly reaching out to you in an effort to address the matter at length, with hopes of working to resolve.

Thank you, Karmita.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

They don't contact you. They continue charging you and have all the wrong information. They renew automatically and try and charge large amounts of money and expect you to pay. Do not sign up with them. Looking back I do not know how we even got started with them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 29, 2017

The issue has been resolved and I am very happy with the way the Executive Escalation Team at YP handled it, once I was able to figure out that they were people I needed to speak with. Thanks guys!

Hello Mr. Henry,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to get this issue resolved for you. We were able to get this resolved, again I apologize should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I received a call from a YP telemarketer. Once I figured out it was a telemarketing call I said, "I'm all set, no thank you" and hung up. The guy then left me a 1-star review on Google saying that I was "extremely rude". He left the same review for another local business guy. Here's a screenshot of reviews left by this YP telemarketer: http://prntscr.com/ga92mx

We live in an age where robocalls and telemarketers are part of the everyday experience of being a small business owner, I get it, but this is clearly taking it too far. Something similar happened with Yelp (not YP) a few years ago and the staff responsible for that were fired. Here's more information on that similar case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C67Lh4LE5LY I'm interested to see if YP will own up to this.

Hi Mr. Linder,

Your concerns have been resolved. I understand you are extremely busy. Whenever you get a chance, just give me a call and we can discuss the details. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating.

Hello Mr. Linder,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole YP

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We have used YP advertising for years. Unfortunately this advertising has not been effective for us at all. In fact, our use of Google online services has been far more successful. When I called to cancel, I was informed that my account was set up for auto renewal. When I agreed to the original contract (including voice verification), there was no mention of auto renewal. Now I am being forced to continue paying for a service that does not appear to benefit my business. Ironically, I listened to my original voice verification today with a YP Supervisor and we both acknowledged that there is no mention of any auto renewal. We both also acknowledged that my voice verification included a start date and an end date for my contract. I was informed that no manager or supervisor in Customer Service was able to cancel my contract. I was informed that I would need to contact Legal Claims.

I asked for a copy of my voice verification, I was informed that I would need to contact Legal Claims. Anyone doing business with YP Marketing Solutions should know that voice verification may include auto renewal. Anyone doing business with YP Marketing Solutions should know that Customer Service is limited in correcting these matters (even at the highest level). I spoke with a supervisor, then a manager of the supervisor and was still informed that I would need to write a letter to legal claims for any further assistance.

Hello Mr. Petru,

I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable experience you've had with your YP advertising. I have reached out to your sales team and someone will be contacting you regarding your account. Again I do apologize, YP appreciates your relationship with us, as we would like to continue our partnership for many more years to come.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I was contacted by phone from a YP representative with a nice sales pitch. It sounded like a reasonable deal so I signed up for a year and a monthly payment of 1500 USD for local listings in the YP directory and good AdWords marketing with a budget of 1000USD. In the first month the advertising budget for Google budget was burned in the first 3 days of the month. With keywords, I explicitly had blacklisted before. But those keywords and some other pricey keywords went through the budget real quick.

Of course I contacted my so called "success manager", a guy name Sean ** and his superior, who helped him to get my signature in the first place, name Carlos **. I called several times and sent emails to both of them. I never heard back from Carlos, and it's been 7 months now since my first email. Finally I got a hold of Sean and told him I'd like to see some details, like keywords being used for the campaign and some statistics preferably in Google analytics.

Until this day I still have not received any qualified information about what actually happened to the budget. They provided access to their portal where you can see some really nice graphs and some statistics. Problem is, none of those did match my Google analytics information. So I asked for a code to use to track the success of the campaign myself. "We dont do that" was Sean's reply to that. In other words, "You have to trust the nice numbers we present you" even though, there's no evidence that those are accurate.

SO I could have just knocked on my neighbor's door and ask him "Hey, what do think how many clicks did I receive from my YP AdWords campaign," and the random number he would come up with would not be more or less accurate. It's just BS in my opinion. Until this day I have no idea how much money they actually put in the campaign. But I did get the keyword list... and all the keywords I have blacklisted before were still in there so I did it again. Next month... the budget was holding up better. At least that's what they told me, since I still had no evidence whatsoever if there was even an additional click to my website. But I was curious, so I asked again for the keyword list and surprise surprise... all blacklisted keywords still there, still consuming 90% of the budget.

Let's say you sell cars, and your campaign should bring in some leads. But the only leads coming in are interested in tires. Because... you also sell tires. But that's not what you want right? So I called and emailed again. I couldn't reach Sean but one of his colleagues. He helped me to finally delete the Keywords from the list. Then I was asking about the areas where the ads being displayed and the time of day... To make a very unpleasant and time-consuming story short... since I started the campaign they failed to provide any evidence or details to me. I still dont know if there's any adjustments or optimization being made over the last 8 months. I still have absolutely no clue what happens to the money I transfer every month. No idea! This is something I have never experienced in my life.

It is worth mentioning that I did not see any increase of clicks or demands or conversions. Which of course was my intention by signing up with "America's best advertising company." Not to mention the little details like the "call tracking feature" that only worked in the first 3 days and after that... I was promised it will be fixed. After the 3rd month my "success manager" dropped the ball completely. Because me repeatingly asking for information and details obviously seemed to bother him very much and he probably had better things to do. So he "promised" me to be back with the requested information but he never did.

And so we keep playing this game every month: I call and request information and details (although I really dont care anymore) and he keeps promising me he will ask other departments and gather those information for me (but he never calls back). I admire his superior though, he did not even reply once, why bother with all those customers that are unhappy... I get that. So if you think you should put money into a Google AdWords campaign "managed" by YP Marketing Solutions... I recommend either buy something nice for yourself, like a new suit or new golf club or whatever or just open your window and attach your business card to your 10 dollar bills and just throw it out. You will have more feedback and revenue than you will ever have with YP!!! Just dont...

Hi Ronald,

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

It started off fine for the first year and then the whole deal changed. After spending $100,000.00 over the years it wasn't about performance anymore. It was about how much time and money YP could extort from their customer. Even after cancelling the ad they continued to run it and then charge me for it even after I clearly sent the cancellation email. Then their whole investigation process took months of time and they kept ignoring the evidence. Then they send me to their internal collections when they had credit cards on file. Stay away from this company, it has went beyond hell!

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Mr. Taylor,

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with this company, YP.com does not remove negative reviews from listings. You may want to check with the business in question to have your issue resolved. Again, we go apologize for your unfavorable experience.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I tried several times over a matter of consecutive weeks to post a very negative review of a local, ripoff, auto repair shop to no avail because why? Yellow Pages prefers not to give bad ratings to any of their paid advertisers. Reviewers of course pay nothing. The company I reviewed is Patriot Auto Center in Canton, OH on 801 Cherry St downtown. These crooks stole parts off my vehicle and disabled the electrical systems in the process. They charged $475 to install one strut. Not legit and people seeking such services need to be alerted about this very crooked service but YP is protecting them.

YP Marketing Solutions

Update:

Hi Michael-

Your sales team notified me of an upcoming meeting scheduled with you later this week as follow up. Should you have additional concerns, feel free to contact our office.

Thank you for allowing us to reach out to you and assist. -Karmita

Hi Michael Diglio

I would like to apologize for the issues encountered and that customer expectations weren't met. That's definitely not the experience we want any of our customers to have.

Your sales team advised they will be in contact with you in the next 24-48hrs regarding this matter to address and resolve to your satisfaction.

Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you!

-Karmita

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

YP sales team claims they have millions of visits to yp.com each month. They follow up with statistics in their sales presentation. They mislead you by claiming visitors come directly to their website looking for the service/product you offer. What they don't tell you is the power of the display network, directories, and other web marketing tools they use. I searched my company on Google and found my company information located over many if not all directories etc. Some websites had my corporate phone number listed (this number is owned by my company), while other websites had a phone number that didn't belong to my company. (aka call tracking numbers). When the call tracking number is used; the result is recorded and YP counts this as a visitor to the yp.com website. (They even produce monthly reports for you to show off their success.).

My contract with YP clearly states that yp.com will not advertise outside of the yp.com website. (I had to hand write this in the contract because they did not want to use this language. Months later, I caught YP adverting my business outside of yp.com. I or anyone can produce the same results for 60% less of the contract value. YP claim to fame (millions of visitors come to their site) in my opinion is not true. They drive traffic to the site by creating display network ads etc... for your business. This can be done at the fraction of the cost if you have the time. If you don't have the time, you can achieve the same results by hiring a small marketing firm. Actually, Google will help you. Visit Google ad words, set up an account and you will get a call from them or an e-mail. They can help you with the search and display network. If you get into it, they can even show you how to re-market past visitors to your website. Good Luck and beware of YP!

Good Afternoon Mrs. Abbott,

I was able to see that you submitted a complaint via the Better Business Bureau and you are working with my co-worker. As she has been in contact with you regarding the complaint, I will no longer contact you via Consumer Affairs and allow her to complete and address your concerns. Thank you for your time.

Nicole, YP

Good Afternoon Ms. Abbott,

Nicole YP

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

When we first started our advertising campaign with YP our agent was very nice and helpful. But, as time went on it became apparent that our sales agent and her supervisor knew nothing about my kind of company or how to promote it. There were man y promises made about leads, clicks, and the possibility of cancellation if they just could not figure it out. Well, we are now 6 months into this and my agent literally laughs at me on the phone when I have concerns. Her supervisor answers the phone and hangs up immediately. They will make plenty of promises with no follow through. When I called customer service she was in the background laughing at me there too. I even pointed it out to the customer service agent, she said there was nothing she could do about it. Next is a snippet of the email that she sent to me when I decided that I wanted to just get out (after she promised I could).

"I'm sorry that the website isn't converting customers over yet but I am out of solutions at this point. We are going to continue to deliver those guaranteed visitors to your website and let's hope you get someone to call you for business. I'm very sorry, there is nothing more I can do. You can try calling customer service, but it will end up coming back to our office where the cancellation will be denied. My hands are tied, Sandra." They are OUT OF SOLUTIONS??? Isn't this what you pay them for? There is nothing more they can do. So, in other words, just live with our lack of performance and deal with it. Beware when dealing with these guys, lots of promises and not solutions.

Updated on 09/05/2017: So, it has now been almost a month since ANYONE has deemed to even try to speak to me. I have opened at least 13 cases with my account through YP directly and every single one is closed immediately. Why is that? Why can you not provide the information that I am asking for? I have made the good faith effort both online and by calling my rep (who will not respond either). I am not sure what to even do anymore.

Hi Heather,

My apologies for the frustration surrounding your customer experience with YP sales. CrystalDawn advised our office she's spoken with you regarding this matter and was able to address and resolve to your satisfaction.

Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you!

-Karmita

Original review: July 31, 2017

I'm a new business owner and have been looking into advertising for some time, after several calls from YP from CrystalDawn I decided to go ahead and make them my advertising company however it's been a total disaster! She was supposed to call me at 3:00 on Friday to set up all the finalizations but never called nor emailed. I took a day off work to get this done and was so excited only for our 3:00 appointment time to never come. I called so many times to leave her voice mail and several emails to get no response. I've called several times to talk to a supervisor and was told numerous times I would get a call back however nothing! I see why they have so many bad reviews now. They barely speak English and I can hardly understand them at all not to mention how rude they are! I'm so disappointed and let down. I will be taking my money elsewhere and looking for new advertising that will actually treat me like a person!

Hi Jim,

Joe @ YP

Original review: July 30, 2017

I was advertising with them for three years and All of a sudden the phone calls stopped coming and work went down to a low. When I looked my business up on yp.com I couldn't find it. I called them and told them and asked what was going on. They said they moved me to the third page and that is where I'll stay. I told them the Agreement was I Would-be on the 1st page listing. They said, "if you want to get back to the first page." Again it would cost me $5,000 for the first year, I said "that's extortion." So I ended up pay for $5000 for the year just to get my business back because I had truck payments and mortgage payments and did not have a choice.

Now that the year is up then my contract ended in May 30, 17. I did not want to renew and called them and canceled My advertising with them. I told them that I do not want to go month to month. After the contract I no longer want their services. Do not charge my card again And they continue to charge my card for another 2 months over a $1000. I put a dispute in with the credit-card company and told them I do not have a contract with these people and they did not have permission to charge my card and they did anyway.

I did get credit back from the credit-card company but now YP is sending me a bill for over a $1000 For services rendered that I do not want. I've made numerous calls to them. I got reference numbers at-least 20 different phone calls to them and every time I call them they said my add is still running. I've left messages with numerous managers who never call me back. I cannot seem to get a hold of these people and they keep adding the bill up higher and higher and saying that I owed them money. I do not owe this money and will not pay them and will take this to court if necessary. This is a very corrupt company and should be put out of business or have a class-action lawsuit put against them for what they are doing to people. Extortion is against the law please help in this situation!!!

Hello Mr. Sain,

First let me say that I apologize for the unfavorable experience you received with your account. I do see where your account has been refunded for the issues you were experiencing. If you are still experiencing problems with you listing we will be glad to address those issues for you.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I can't even begin to list all the problems. They were great at the time of sale, promised all sorts of things. Customer service and technical support beyond terrible. Cost is outrageous. Tried to correct problems with Customer Service, then my Account Exec, then her boss. Went through the entire issues I had. He promised to call back. That was a month ago. Now my account exec is gone, company has been acquired and NO ONE WILL CALL ME BACK. So so so sad I paid the entire year upfront. Won't ever do that again. If I have let them bill me monthly, they would have to take me to court to get the balance.

Hi Telesia,

Original review: July 28, 2017

This company has horrible service and they auto renew ads even though it's not in your contract and you told them to cancel ad and not renew. No one can help you but a sales rep that will never contact you and when your account is in review that person never contacts you. The reps aren't even in America and are hard to understand. They told me my account was canceled and yet I am still being billed 3 months later for a canceled account that I pay money for so YP is stealing from me for charging me for canceled ads. I will never advertise with them again. I have called and wasted countless hours on the phone and on hold: I call several times a month. No one is competent and every time I pay a bill, it's my last bill they say only to be billed the next month for a canceled ad. I may have to hire an attorney and legally sue them to cancel and stop billing me. It's not worth the time or money to advertise with these people.

Good Day Peter,

We attempted to reach you to discuss the YP account. We left a message and emailed you directly regarding the results of our findings.

We hope that this situation has been resolved to your satisfaction. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team via the number provided in the email sent earlier today.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Unauthorized billing on closed account: Have advertised with YP for 45 years until closing my law office over two years ago after suffering a stroke. All office outstanding accounts were closed. On 7/20/2017 I received a dun letter from a Cleveland, Ohio law office demanding $148.32 for an alleged outstanding balance (no dates specified) due YP for advertising. Since closing my law office I have never received anything in writing or otherwise from YP authorizing YP to continue ad services on my closed law office. Upon speaking with a YP representative today, I was informed that YP changed its policy (no date given) from advanced renewal authority to automatic continuing authority unless otherwise notified in writing, of which I was unaware due to suffering a stroke.

Adhesion-type "contracts" are not favored in MS because customers are unaware of new fine print changes following long time periods (ie: 45 years) wherein advance authorization by the customer was the norm. I am retired on fixed income and really dislike having to pay for a service I did not specifically request under threat of affecting my good credit rating. Could this be viewed as a form of false advertising if not consumer fraud by YP, the expert. Your thoughts?

Good Day Mark,

We have notified the Sales Team of your comments regarding the phone book pricing as well as your lack of satisfaction with the website design. Your local Sales Rep will be contacting you to discuss options for website redesign.

In the future, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at 800-479-2977 to assist with questions regarding your account and/or specific products.

Thank you for choosing YP and we hope to continue serving your advertising needs.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have always advertised with YP phone books. Last year I went with the full marketing plan. They manage my website now. I have seen a more than double in sales calls over last years business. However, I am not too impressed with the website they designed for me. Also, I think the monthly cost for the marketing in the phone book and website is the high side. I will be reassessing my marketing plan this October when my contract renews.

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for allowing me the chance to address and resolve your concerns. I attempted to call you to advise you of the resolution, but was unable to reach you. I did leave the information on your voicemail. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating.

If you have any other questions or concerns, I left my contact info on your voice mail as well. I apologize for your experience and appreciate your patience.

Hello Tracy,

Nicole YP

Original review: July 26, 2017

Our company was up for renewal of its yellow page advertising. We had decided that phone book advertising was not effective any longer in our field/business. Our rep who had been our rep for a few years, (I knew him by name, knew his hobbies and knew his back ailments) came to sign us up and I told him we were not going forward with yellow page ads. There was no indecision, I was sure we were not going to use them. He (Bart) came up with an alternative that might keep us with AT&T/yellow pages and give me another option to promote business, direct mail. He brought a woman sales rep who handled the direct mail marketing services and we spoke at length.

For whatever reasons, we didn't go with the direct mail piece options. Here we are 5 years after with AT&T/yellow pages suing us for an ad we did not want, did not request and did not sign off for as we had done all prior years. I don't even know what it looked like because, I didn't know it printed. I was so firm in not wanting it, that I can't imagine why our rep would not have said, “Make sure you write a cancellation notice to the company.” I think all he cared about was his commission. In this day and age, who would run ads without getting them confirmed and signed off on for corrections? I know who would, a company that hid an unfair clause in its 6 or 8 page contract which was signed the year before.

They never got a new contract with a new signature and a sign off with revisions, because I told him I wasn't doing the ad and because I never signed a new contract. I really think this is a class action lawsuit. If this happened to us, it probably happened to a thousand other small businesses. Please help us, there is no way our company can absorb an expense like this and AT&T was deceptive and not forthright in its dealings.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for allowing me to address your concerns and provide you with a satisfactory resolution. Thank you for being a loyal YP customer and we really appreciate your business.

Chysa

Original review: July 20, 2017

Have had advertising with YP for a number of years and I have not be happy the last few years. The last ad that I signed up for was for 2016. I never signed up for 2017 and now they are sending bills. I have called Twice and spent a hour on the phone each time. They will not do anything about it. My ref. # for them is **. It's not the money it's the thought they can just keep sending you bills. I do have there Tucker, GA legal department address. That will be the next step. I have downsized my company and also deleted my website as of 2016. Now I get calls because of their advertising that I do not want. Thanks.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi AlNesha,

Original review: July 20, 2017

I am so disappointed with the customer service I've received with YP. I read the reviews, and against my better judgment, signed a 3-month contract with them, that they claimed they had to receive approval to do. As soon as the bills started rolling in, it said the contract was for 6 months, but they assured me that this was because this was a special case, and the system automatically runs the contract for 6 months, but they had set it to cancel after 3 months. When they wanted me to sign up, they called constantly, I said no twice, and yet they called back every time with a better offer than the last. Once I started asking about the services, since they listed my business under the wrong category, they became less available. Then when I asked to confirm the end date of my contract, they went silent!

Someone who had been extremely accessible when they wanted me to sign up, was now impossible to reach. Yet they continue to charge my credit card. And 9 out of the 10 calls I receive from their advertisement are autobots, someone selling me something, or someone who dialed the wrong number. I cannot wait until this nightmare is over... This was a very expensive lesson to learn.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile