toll free

• 4 stars0%
  • 3 stars3%
  • 2 stars6%
  • 1 stars90%

YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

Call us today to learn more!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 23, 2016

I have since been contacted by YP's "Office of the President " and gotten results. The lady that helped me was very patient with me and thorough. I'm not happy that I had to go to such lengths and waist so much time to get a resolution. But in he end I am glad my listing has been corrected and now I can put my time to better use.

Original review: March 31, 2016

I signed up in February this year. The Rep was real nice and took time to explain things. She sounded so convincing and told me that, "right now there are more than 125 people online searching for your type of business". Got to say she's great at sales. Me, the stupid one was so eager to get more clients, that I fell for it. What part of all this that has me mad is that now I have a contract, for a year, with a company that has lousy customer service.

After a week I called to see what I was to do next because the Rep had mentioned that another department was going to put my information live for all to see. Well no one had contacted me to find out what my business was all about. It started to sound shaky after calling twice and being told to just go online and I could manage things from there. "That's what I pay you guys to do" was my response. So now I'm just a company name that points to my website. What a waste of money.

I have since called many times to have my account cancelled. I have been transferred all over the company, waited on hold for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. Of course they will not because it is a "contract". So now after reading all these complaints seems I'm stuck and not happy. Will definitely do a search next time, even if the name is well known.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Danilo. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to assist you with your concerns. Please provide your advertising account number.

Sincerely,

Angela

Original review: July 21, 2016

I cannot even give YP online Marketing Solutions a one star. I've been bounced around to several people who has no "authority" to cancel my online advertising. Within the time frame that I could cancel the "contract," I sent them an email that I wanted to cancel but they didn't. And so for three months, now they gave me no customer for my advertising and callously continue to charge my credit card for $170 per month. Oh, by the way, I give them 5 star for getting my credit card information and charging it quick. They are lightning quick when it comes to that.

YP Marketing Solutions

Dear Customer, I am so sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the service that you have received from YP Marketing Solutions! Our representative, Lori, has spoken with you today and has verified that your program has been cancelled and the deposit will be refunded. I hope that your concerns have been resolved and that you are now satisfied with the action taken by our executive team. Sincerely, Miss L

Original review: July 18, 2016

I contacted YP to advertise my business online. After a couple calls I decided on a $4k plan and signed up. They quickly charged me and said by next week Friday, "you'll be live, you'll receive a follow-up call in the next few days to setup content." No calls ever come except from my original salesperson, asking me if I want to go ahead with the ad? Baffled, I told him "I'm 99% sure we just had this conversation a few days ago and I went through the whole process your describing and signed up." He proceeds to tell me I'm wrong and he just need my credit card info and he'll get it setup. I log into my bank account and sure enough, they've already charged me.

Now I get put on hold and when he comes back he's sorry, and he's "not sure what happened, there's no excuse but they talk to a lot of people." I ask that a manager call me back because at this point I'm very skeptical of this process. Not to mention he lost me phone number 3 times throughout all of these calls and continued to call my business, ask for my cell so he could call me. No calls ever come, not from anyone to set up my ad. I leave messages with the manager in charge, he never calls, I email customer support etc. NOTHING. All I can do now is dispute the charge or sue to get my money. It's unbelievable how bad their customer service is. Spend your advertising dollars elsewhere.

Resolution In Progress

For the first 5 months of YP Marketing Solutions, the telephone number they supplied for potential customers to call my Longview office went nowhere. People would call and the call would just dead-end somewhere. I complained and they fixed that. I have two offices on their plan and when you Googled "hearing aids, Longview, WA" Google would take you to my other office in Chehalis WA, 41 miles away. They claimed that they fixed that. However, now when Googling either "hearing aids Longview WA" or "hearing aids Chehalis WA" the landing page YP made for us doesn't show up at all. I've asked more than once for that to be fixed but it isn't fixed. Meanwhile, they keep collecting their $400 per month.

They also told me that they would review my results on a quarterly basis and if I wasn't getting the results they said I would then they would either increase their efforts or reduce the price. I haven't received the results they said I would and I asked for a review to be done but so far they haven't. I also have to manage the whole campaign myself because nobody at YP has my back and are watching it for me. I have to keep checking to see if everything is right when YP should be doing that.

It is as if they don't really care if they have a good product, they just want do a half-baked job and expect full payment for it as if they were a legitimate company fulfilling their promises and giving businesses what they paid for. To be honest, YP isn't that far from providing what I bought. It's just some small but crucial things that should be easily taken care of but they don't take care of them in a timely manner. Meanwhile, the meter continues to run and I'm 7 or 8 months into the contract with zero sales to show for it.

YP Marketing Solutions

We apologize you feel this way. May I please have your contact information to better assist you with your concerns? Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your business. I will await your reply.

Respectfully!

Angela

Hi Clifton,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your YP advertising. I would like to make it right. Please provide your contact and account information to ypexec@yp.com and I will get right on it.

Regards,

YP

Original review: July 11, 2016

A case of deception and false promises!! I had a fast talking agent harass me for 2 months!! I finally gave him a chance to show me how they claim "YP.com will get my small business at the very least 10-12 paying leads per month!!" It's a Farce! They Don't, Won't, Can't!!! Run the other way!! It is a waste of your money!! They tell you if you don't get results immediately (meaning paying leads) then they don't charge you for that month and they have specialists that will supposedly "invest" into your "partner advertising campaign." They tell you yp.com is partnering up in advertising campaign with your small business. They take your hard earned money $ folks, and then yp.com and rep, agent etc. - they abandon you! You get zero contact from your yp.com rep!

Only thing I get as far as calls since getting involved with yp.com is solicitation from companies trying to sell my company something... how's that beneficial to my business... It's a JOKE!! They had a website they were supposed to design. Totally incorrect of the area of my business, had me send them related pics, info for web page, but never used them and actually had them on web page. I was told that I was sold a DIY web page... was given password to then design it myself which in no way did I ever agree to a DIY web page! I believe it was a plain out lie. The web page was left incorrect for 4 months even after I made yp.com supervisor well aware of issues.

All 3 reps I had in a very short time were all fired. I was never contacted by their supervisor or anyone from yp.com letting me know that I had lost rep that was handling my yp.com account... which had never been corrected... all the while yp.com is billing me!! I currently have not been able to get anything resolved with yp.com. None of the Advertising Personnel have contacted me. I have heard from the Accounts Dept. at yp.com wanting $ for Bogus Advertising Campaign!! I have a lawyer and intend to fight yp.com. There are so many cheaper, much better advertising options out there. Do yourself, and your small business a great favor, and Forget yp.com!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. DeRuiter. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please be so kind, and send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: July 10, 2016

When I first rec'd sales call, I was told how advertising with Yellow Pages would open my company to thousands of mobile users searching for my services. After numerous months, I wasn't getting any calls from Yellow Pages but many from other sources. I called YP to cancel, stating that the results were not what I was led to believe they would be. They said it's a contract and wouldn't let me.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. Steele. I will contact you later today. I'm on central standard time. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right.

Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: July 7, 2016

First off I can barely understand half the people I talk to. Most reps don't speak very good English and it's very hard to explain a problem. I started a YP ad solutions program with them for a guaranteed 30 clicks a month. Three months in and I have 35 clicks. I asked to cancel within the first month and was told I had agreed to a 12-month contract. I had no idea that this was a contract I had agreed to. I had thought it was a monthly plan like Google's AdWords. I called several times and they say someone will get back to me in 24 hours and they never do. I call back and start the process over again. I asked for a written contract and they said there isn't one. Only a voice contract. I'm then told that my contract wasn't guaranteed even though I was told it was the very day I signed up over the phone. I have now hired a lawyer. I am tired of paying for a service that doesn't work like promised. I'm also tired of being told different things by different reps.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. Gadberry, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 29, 2016

Trying to cancel our business ad. Instead of cancelling my account they transfer me to sales. So far 40 minutes and 3 calls, still have nothing to show it's been cancelled. Said they would email me right away. Refused to let me talk with Mark ** their customer experience officer. They've already cost us over $400, and now it appears they're trying for another $500 sale.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. Brevetti. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 27, 2016

Please, please please. If you care at all about your business stay far away from these people! Everything that everyone else said is 1000% accurate. I won't even repeat it as it is all redundant. Just know I've read through tons of these reviews and haven't found one I didn't agree with or face a similar case. This company screwed up our internet presence so bad, that a newly opened location is having business directed away from it because YP has all of the information wrong and is pushing the false info all throughout the web. Can't get anyone on the phone to change it. They won't let us (the owners of the damn business) go into any of the directories or anything to change it to the correct information. They tell us we're "stuck" in the contract. Not getting any leads or calls, paying over 700$ a month (just for one location).

Make no mistake: THIS IS DESTROYING OUR BUSINESS. Google will kill our page ranking if this information is not fixed. YP wants nothing to do with it. We're "stuck" for months with a service that's actively hurting our business. This can't be legal. Filing every sort of complaint/legal action under the Sun against these crooks. They need to be stopped.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mariola. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 24, 2016

When Tiffany ** recorded my agreement over the phone, I interrupted her asking if I will be able to cancel the service if for some reasons I'll be not happy. She stopped the recording and promised me that there will be no problem. She became my contact person. She never returned my phone calls or emails. I called many times the customer service, spoke with Leline, Mike, John, Linda and many more. Finally I talked to Trish ** asking to cancel the service and she threatened me with collections when I would dispute the charges. Please stay away from those people. It is not worth it to spent your time, energy and money.

Factual basis uncertain

Cancellation has to be done in writing so I did & sent the letter to the YP Cancellation Manager at the address mentioned on blogs and on the Terms & Conditions - and it was refused. Returned to me today less the green slip that was supposed to come back to me as proof of delivery. How unethical this company is. There is no benefit. Might as well throw the money down the toilet. Cannot get a human on the phone. Instead get "you've won a vacation in Florida" B.S. ads and then it hangs up. So what now? Do I just not pay the bill and wait for the collection agency to call me. Again, how unethical.

Resolution response: July 8, 2016

I was contacted by yp.com and was able to come to a satisfactory resolution. Thank you.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Linda. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Hello Linda,

Thank you for reaching out to us via email. I am glad we were able to reach an agreeable solution. If we can ever be of assistance again, please contact us. Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 21, 2016

I had advertised with yellow pages for years before the internet without a problem. I began advertising with YP.com about 4 years ago. Every year the cost went up and if I tried to cut back, because it was so pricey, my Rep told me I couldn't because it would actually cost me more if I did considering it was a package deal. The Rep told me she could put tracking numbers on my listing online and in the book so that we could "see our wonderful results" but that it had to be for the entire years contract. That's when the problem began as I was able to go online and listen to recorded calls, it was obvious something was terribly wrong!

We had constant wrong number phone calls and very few of our own calls. This went on the entire year and they were not able to FIX the problem but assured me they were working on it. At the end of that years contract I was so furious and sure I wanted out, but to convince me to stay they offered a 5000.00 credit for their error and they knew what had happened and guaranteed it would be fixed. I had also requested that my original phone number be put back online and in print instead of their "tracking number". It was not fixed, it never got fixed, it got worse and they suggested that I talk the people who called into coming to my business instead of the one they called! Really? I had people calling for doctors offices!

I started to ask callers where they got our number from. Seems every one of them said, "I dialed directly from YP.com." I asked them who they were trying to call and I started calling the business they actually meant to call. I wanted to see if they were getting my calls... Yes... Yes they were getting my calls!! So YP.com has really hurt my business not to mention the other businesses that weren't receiving calls because I was getting them! I demanded that the contract be terminated and credit issued again. I got a lousy 3500.00 credit for the entire year and an early termination of contract for online YP.com only. I still have to pay for the print. Even though I was paying 2741.00 a month for YP.com they only credited 3500.00.

To this day I still receive wrong numbers and have no idea where or who is receiving my calls. Please don't ever advertise with the yellow pages or YP.com... It will be your worst nightmare! It's a shame that they are able to rip off businesses and get away with it the way they do. I wish I knew how to get a class action lawsuit started against YP and stop them for taking advantage of anyone else.

Last year YP put an authorized charge on my AT&T bill for yellow pages advertising that I did not authorize. I informed AT&T that I was contesting the charge and contacted YP customer service. The rep told me that the charge had already been cancelled and didn't understand why it was on my bill. Months later it was still showing on my AT&T bill so I contacted YP again and they assured me that they would reissue a credit. I finally received a credit statement from YP but the charge continued to show on my AT&T bill. When I switched my phone service from AT&T to another carrier, AT&T sent the YP charge to a collection agency.

After having wasted hours trying to resolve this issue with AT&T and YP, I filed a complaint with the FCC. That afternoon I receive a telephone call from the president's office at AT&T and at YP. The issue was finally resolved when YP sent a refund check to me and I in turn paid AT&T for the balance that should never have been on my bill. I thought that was the end of the story, but today I just got another bill in the mail from YP trying to renew an advertising contract that I didn't authorize. Lucky for me I still have the contact information for the YP president's office ‘cause I'm not wasting any more time with customer service.

Factual basis uncertain

Will tell you anything to get your business. The salesperson promises the moon just to get your voice approval and then does whatever he wants. Their service are costly and are not worth. I been lied to so many times I cannot count them all. Once they have your voice approval NO matter what you have been told by their salesperson you have NO rights as a customer!!! They are only concerned about MONEY and nothing else. My experience would take 1000's of words. Don't believe anything they tell you and don't agree to anything.

Factual basis uncertain

Most useless service I have ever come across. Customer service is HORRIFIC. I had to speak to 9 people yesterday and spend over 2.5 hours on the phone, and in the end nothing got resolved. Spending $500 plus a month to have 0 people call us or go on our website is unacceptable. This transpired over 3 plus months of not one call from a lead, was guaranteed 20/month and received not one lead. The sales rep made all sorts of promises which the service didn't live up to 1/1000th of, then the customer service rep tells me that they are doing the best they can, then I don't hear from them again, just their collections department. It's 2016. You can't scam people and get away with it. Should've read this prior to signing up because apparently I am not the first or the 1,000th person to have the same exact experience. This company is known for its bad practices, horrible customer service, and giving people no results.

Hello Deanna!
Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your concerns. I very much appreciated the time you took to speak with me yesterday. I will contact you today to continue our conversation.
Regards,

Denise, YP

Original review: May 26, 2016

We were letting our digital contract run out, due for renewal in August 2016. Giving the opportunity to consider different approach of SEO, ads, etc. I was told we had just signed back up in February. I demanded a copy, because this was a lie. They produced a copy, with a signature of the business owner with the WRONG HANDWRITING. We are a small office of 6 people. It's no one's handwriting ever. And the Dr.'s first name, was the wrong name! IT WAS FORGED. Getting the runaround. Not happy.

Factual basis uncertain

I put an ad for my business in YP YELLOW PAGES in 2011, with a quarter page ad and a smaller text ad. All was well until I moved my business in 2014. I submitted my new address to YP for my ad and they took the information and confirmed the address. They started sending my bill to the new address. When the phone book came out, my quarter page ad had my old address. I found out because customers kept calling me saying that my shop is closed. I assumed they were looking at an old phone book, and didn't check the book for a few months. When I saw the ad in the new book (which still had my old address) I contacted YP and told them to change it. They said they could not because the book was out already, but said they would have a customer rep. contact me and make an adjustment to my bill.

They never contacted me. I called my rep. and told her that I wanted to stop my advertising with them and wanted to stop payments. Again, I was told I would be contacted. In May 2016, they continued my advertising and billed me for the year, and still used the old address on the ad. After 2-3 hours on the phone (overseas and US YP customer service), they offered to take 25% off my bill. I told them last year I didn't want a new ad, never signed up for one and that I wasn't going to pay for a defective product. They insist that there is value to the incorrect ad. This company has no business ethics. See copies of 2016 phone book that show pages 146 and 148. The small Free ad shows my correct address. The large ad shows my old address.

Hello Mickey!

If you have not been contacted by a representative from YP about your concern, could you please send us an email at ypexec@yp.com? Please provide your contact information and account number or business phone number, so we may assist you. Kindest Regards, YP

Original review: May 16, 2016

I'll jump on the bandwagon here. Mind you, it takes a few minutes to set up an account with ConsumerAffairs so you can write a review... and it is apparently important enough that a lot of business owners have created accounts so they can warn you about this company. I am a marketing consultant for about a dozen business and have been doing so for about 16 years. It became painfully apparent to me and my clients a few years ago that we should never do business with this company. They are dishonest. They'll be friendly until you sign the paperwork then, good luck.

We have tried to cancel contracts when they end, but YP keeps renewing anyways. They've lied about how the new year rate is the same as the previous year only to find out it is 50% higher because you get big discounts to sign up, then the discounts go away... but, that is the 'same' rate to them. Whatever. Apparently we'll have to pay our attorney to end this thing. I will never encourage one of my clients to work with them. At least the Yellow Book is honest. Yellow Pages... NOT.

Dear Owen:

Thank you for your time today! I’m glad we were able to reach an agreeable solution. If we can ever be of assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Denise, YP

Original review: May 11, 2016

I signed up for this marketing effort after being told point blank that the service could be cancelled at any time if I was dissatisfied. I have been trying to cancel for three months and have now been told there is no cancelable contracts. I started cancellation after the service provided more sales calls than leads. I have sold NOTHING from the very little activity produced by this service.

Factual basis uncertain

YP is a Scam! I didn't want the service anymore and the sales rep called and talked me into it. So I decided that I was done - I was not going to advertise any longer on YP in 2016. I called my Sales Rep in Jan 2016 and left a voicemail stating I no longer wanted the service. I received a letter from YP Thanking me for automatic renewal in Feb 2016. I called and left a message with my sales rep and then I received a bill in March and I called and canceled with customer service.

I received another bill in April. I called customer service and canceled again then I received a past due notice and called customer service again and the manager told me that they canceled my service for next year and my sales rep was no longer with the company and they did not get my calls. Come to find out the Letter I received in Feb from my Sales rep was an automated letter and my sales rep was not employed there. I have a call into my attorney. Do not sign a contract with them because you are in an auto renewal and you are not able to cancel with them. I have been a customer of theirs for over 8 years and paid every bill on time and this is how I am treated when I no longer want their service.

Hello Sopy!

Original review: May 9, 2016

Before you make a decision to advertise your company with this company read this. I am a business owner with three branches in the state of Massachusetts. YP rep Bill ** came to my office and promised things that were not true, to give you an example: "The contract was $800.00 per year." It was not correct. The $800 was per month, huge difference from the start. He was available by phone every time I called until the contract was signed. Mr. ** is a big fat liar. This company is a fraud/scam. Don't believe everything they tell you. They won't deliver, no matter what they say.

Factual basis uncertain

I had been with YP.com for several years with one of my companies. The main issue that I had with YP with my first company was that their tracking numbers assigned to my company were disconnect for almost a month. While I paid about $600 monthly, they believed that only $125 credit for the month was sufficient. I later opened another business and then wanted to give that a shot. I was guaranteed per written contract an average of 20 leads per month minimum. I don't even think we hit 10 leads in a single month. I stopped paying knowing that they weren't delivering and also so that they can adjust billing and pay only for leads received. First, I was told that leads would be calculated monthly to adjust billing. Then I was told every six month.

So I complete stopped paying and then at end of contract asked for them to review my bill and charge me only for the leads received. I was told that they could not find the written contract that stated I was getting an average of 20 leads monthly. I have been sent to collection. Yelled by the collection agency and surprisingly, the collection agency has the written contract. I am in the process of going to court. Another issue with yp.com is that they wiped my lead history from their dashboard and now they can't figure out how many leads per month were there monthly after finding written contract. Yp.com is a joke! I did not renew my other contract not just because of this but also because I was wasting marketing dollars with a company that does not deliver - ROI is just not there!

Updated on 05/14/2016: So YP.com responded to my review to contact them via email. I did and received a call from a Martha who first began to correct the facts about what I wrote. She began to say: that the tracking numbers assigned by them were not disconnect for a period of a month but "two weeks", that the credit I received for the inconvenience was not $125 but $187.50. Well, let me tell you Martha since you have no idea how a business works. Two weeks of phones not working for any business does a few things: 1. you get no business; 2. you ruin the reputation of the business. But, Mrs. Martha began to correct the facts, only that it was "only for two weeks, not a month".

Then we moved to discuss what is owed. She began to state that it has been 2 years and why did I wait this long to contact them. So, I had to state and correct her on the facts. "Martha, I never called YP.com for 2 years since YP.com could not get billing straight. My last conversation right when contract ended was find the contract that YP.com could not produce at the time. So it happens that I received the contract only when I received the complaint from YP.com angry attorney. The contract states 20 average leads per month for a ridiculous $1400 monthly. Somehow, from what I recall I must have added additional things to the ad that monthly payment went to about $1600 and new handwritten contract signed just shortly after."

Well, Mrs. Martha state that this is the new contract since it's after the one which states the 20 average leads. Somehow this was "overlooked" by me and the sales person who in fact may have caught me at a busy time and the new contract with new rate was signed. Or maybe YP.com used this opportunity to be misleading and sneaky and remove the 20 average leads that they would never be able to deliver but still stick a small business owner with their legal terms of the contract.

I then mentioned to Martha after her telling me about the second contract: "Let's say that is true, why would I not expect the 20 leads average when now the monthly payment went up? Why wouldn't YP understand that? Knowing that my other company since 2009 and do this just because of some legal terms and the contract overrides the previous one? Is YP cash flow that bad?"

She did lie when we began to try to find out data about the monthly performance of the advertising. She stated that the online ad was taken down way early because I stop make payments. But a fact Mrs Martha, per your YP.com dashboard, there was activity all the way to the last month of the contract both book and online. Martha mentioned this to try to justify for the lack of leads, by the way 10.2 leads average per month according to the dashboard.

These average 10.2 leads per month include the annoying marketing calls that a tracking number brings to your business - which are not customer leads at all. But I was willing to pay for them but Martha still feels I owe a different amount. Mrs. Martha did mention though that YP.com had 600,000 customer and a corporation that size would always have dissatisfied customers. Not sure why the comment but thought I share.

Factual basis uncertain

Review written March 2016. In May of 2015 I submitted and signed a written contract to buy two advertising products. Afterward, they told me they could only deliver on one of the products, BUT they billed me additionally for some other product I never purchased nor contracted for. It took several months for them to quit billing me for something I did not purchase ONLY after I paid an attorney to argue in my favor. During those few months of overbilling I paid, even for the nonsense charges while my attorney got them to back down, successfully.

Now, 11 months later, some jerk from YP calls me up with a high pressure sales pitch, saying he's not a salesman and informs me that my ad was expired in September, which would have been only five months they ran my ad. But wait a minute! I paid the for the entire term of my listing! They acknowledged they only ran it for five months maximum! What a scam and the clown is hard hitting me to "renew" by recorded verbal contract.

Keep away from these jokers. They will hustle you, give you misleading and false information, and then have the nerve to call you and try some additional stunts. They want to do it all over the phone so that YOU have no record of the "contract". The product they did fulfill in 2015 for which I paid brought me no business that I am aware of. Do not let them play you for stupid with their voice-recorded "verbal" contract.

Factual basis uncertain

Signed in with YP.COM on 2013. Not long after I started to receive phone calls. Business was great; I was contact a few months later by a new sales rep offering a better location for my business. The idea was great. The new charge was $177.00 an increase of $145.00 from my original deal. After 2 months I noticed the phone calls stopped completely. I called to find out what was going on and the rep was no longer an employee. 2 reps in 6 months.

The third rep offer a full refund for the charges. This happened on 2014. I waited several weeks for the refund, and nothing. Keep calling the rep, and this guy was nowhere to be found. Called his supervisor, left several messages but no one called back. After awhile I kind forget about it, till a few months later the same rep call me to offer a new advertising for cancel accounts, till I remind him who I was. I remind him that I never got my money back, he promised to request to the accounting dept my refund. Two years later I haven't received my refund from YP. One of the most unethical companies I have ever deal. Please do not do business with this ripoff Crockett company. April 2016 and still waiting for my money...

I called to talk to my rep many times, but get no answer. He called every day for a week until I signed up promising me that it would help my business. I didn't get anything, not one email or phone call that directly resulted from anything to do with the Yellow Pages advertising I was supposedly getting. I feel like this is a scam, and that people need to know. You can't stay locked in a contract for 12 months when they aren't performing what they promised. Hardly any customer contact, no help, and abandonment after purchase - bad for business - and terrible for Yellow Pages business.

We started our YP Click program last October 2015 and didn't get good results. Their SEO specialists are not the best in the industry, they don't know the right keywords to use and the ad descriptions are just sloppy! We wanted to cancel just after a month of being in their program but they won't terminate it. Before we signed up, my rep told me that we can cancel it anytime if we are dissatisfied and then they said that their Early Out option is actually 6 months. So we went along and decided to just finish the 6 months.

During this 6 months, they didn't follow up with me to check if the program is working or not. My rep won't even respond to my emails. Very unprofessional people!!! 6 months later, I reminded them about the deactivation of our account. Only to find out that it is still on going and no, they won't reply to my email. Seriously, I don't know they are still in business despite of the negative reviews. Why is Google and other search engines partnering with this company? They are taking advantage of the small business owners. To all who are being approached by a Yellow Pages sales rep, please, DO NOT entertain them. Don't waste your money. You won't get results.

I eventually opened an advertising account after weeks of extremely pushy sales processes and grand promises of enormous business visibility for us from a YP sales rep that kept coming to my business unannounced. I really did it because I know the woman and kind of felt like I was helping her do well on her new job and I figured she would take special interest in making sure my program would go well. I WAS WRONG! The program I reluctantly agreed to include direct mail which I can verify DID NOT actually hit mailboxes. I paid for absolutely NOTHING for a couple months. I called to complain and cancel and was given the familiar run around and blame game. I was advised to contact the rep.

I contacted the rep who came back lower my package since they said I was LOCKED in the NON-BENEFICIAL contract. By the way, the only downgraded package she could offer was the exact same SEO stuff I have been doing myself on Google, Yahoo and Bing for free. I'm ALREADY showing up in local searches!!! When she came back to finalize it, I wasn't around so she asked one of my employees to sign it. I then got debited for the same amount as before when it was supposed to be lowered. I contacted the rep several times to fix the supposedly "downgraded" package it and take my employee's name off the account. Neither has happened after 4 months. I'm seeking legal assistance now and hope to take them to court.

Factual basis uncertain

In November, my company tried to cancel our advertising with YP. The sales rep would argue endlessly to the point where we stopped taking his calls. What do you know. Today I called to cancel again and was told it automatically renewed until April 2017. I asked who gave authorization for that and was told it automatically renewed.

Our monthly amount also went up this month and I asked who authorized that. I was told that when you automatically renew, any discounts you had automatically fall off and cannot be reapplied. How convenient! She said I could've cancelled before the new phone books printed and I asked how I would know when that is since no one had contacted us? Since we stopped taking the reps calls - he stopped calling and just went ahead and renewed us. I put a cancellation request on file and the girl told me she had my information in the system but that sales personnel had to actually process it. So I STILL HAVE NO GUARANTEE THAT OUR ADVERTISING WILL BE CANCELLED. What an unethical and dishonest way to do business. They have not heard the last from me.

Factual basis uncertain

Go get the FREE Google Business... Also go to Weebly.com and you can build your own FREE website and host it for like 12 dollars a month! YP are crooks! If you're at this website you know but you might not know where to go. Instead of spending over 12,000 a year for 10 leads from YP I will spend 360 a year for my 3 HIPAA emails, 3 HIPAA forms (I'm a dentist) and 1 awesome website from Weebly!

Factual basis uncertain

It doesn't get any more dishonest than this. YP.com's sales representative forged my name on a 12-month contract right before getting fired from YP.com. That's right...forged! YP.com continued auto-billing my credit card for over a year in spite of my inquiries and requests to stop billing me. Eventually I demanded a copy of the contract and when I received it, I noticed the forgery. Their sales manager is agreeing the signature doesn't match and he's offering me two free months as a courtesy to continue advertising with them. I have asked American Express to investigate the issue and YP.com continues to point at the forged contract and its fine print terms as justification for their charges. What a joke.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile