toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Hi Jennifer!

I am so happy to read your review and the positive feedback. We are happy to serve you and anyone else in the great state of FL. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with as we strive to help you continue to see the boost you are seeing today, in the future as well.

Thank you for being a part of the YP family.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

YP is a great company to help with all your advertising needs. The staff is knowledgeable and easy to work with. Our company has seen a boost almost immediately upon using yellow pages advertisement. I highly recommend using YP! Best advertising in my area.

Hi Mark!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are so happy to hear your process went smoothly. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Victoria or me here at any time if you should need anything in the future.

Thanks for being a part of the YP family!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

My representative, Victoria **, and technician, Spencer **, helped to make my new online listing process go very smoothly. At first I wasn't sure what I wanted or needed. They didn't try to sell me more than I felt comfortable with as I started this listing. They were both very accessible and helpful. I felt they were both working for my longer term success with YP.com. Thank You

Hi Amber,

We have spoken with the Sales Team regarding the issues with your account. They have communicated that they spoke with you and are making the requested updates to your Advertising. We have also assisted the Sales Team with expediting some of the updates.

Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused. We sincerely hope that the situation has been resolved to your satisfaction. We do appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your advertising.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I was only in business for about 2 or 3 months when I decided to grow my advertising through Yellow Pages. When the sales rep and I first talked she assured me that I would show up top of the list in the closest city (I live in the middle of nowhere and run my business from my home) and that I could expect to receive anywhere from 3-5 lead calls a day. I'm not naive enough to think that it would actually happen just like that, but I was expecting at least maybe 1 call a week to make it worth my while even. What did I get in the 2 months since my advertisement went live? Absolutely nothing! When I reached out to my sales rep to explain to her that my ad was not showing up at the top of the search that I needed it to, I received no response whatsoever.

A week or so later I sent her another email stating that I would like to have my ad removed because it was only causing issues and not helping my business whatsoever; still no response. I emailed the sales department and they responded with "your ad is performing". Yeah, I'm getting impressions, but what good are impressions to my bottom line? The agent who sent me the email also said that she sent a message to my sales team to have them contact me about removing my ad within 24-48 hours. This also did not happen.

Last week I call customer service and told them I wanted to speak with someone that day to get this taken care of, cancelled my auto pay and told them that I would not be paying my bill until someone contacted me. I was assured that someone from my sales team would contact me by the COB, but again nothing happened. Today I called customer service again to inform them that I needed to speak with someone right away to have my ad removed. I am done trying to work with them to fix the issues. I just want my ad completely removed from the site completely. The customer service rep started giving me the song and dance about she would let my sales team know that I am requesting a call and she would also send the information to my sales rep's manager.

At that point I requested to speak with the customer service supervisor. He informed me that he would be escalating the issue to the sales rep's manager, his manager, and their VP. He also gave me the sales rep's manager's number to call. The customer service supervisor stated that they will be in contact with me now because they will see that it is being escalated to the VP. I told him that I hope so and that it is absolutely ridiculous that it has to take that to get their attention. If I conducted my business the way Yellow Pages conducted business with me then I would not have a business at all. This is completely ridiculous and I feel like Yellow Pages did nothing but take advantage of me.

I did attempt to call the sales rep's manager but he did not answer. Let's see how long it will take for me to receive a call back. At this point there is nothing Yellow Pages can say that will come close to me considering keeping my business with them at all! I spent 1/3 of what I paid for Yellow Pages for another ad and received several leads! Completely unprofessional! I also think the sales reps should know more about the area they are trying to sell advertising in before they even attempt it.

Good Afternoon Mr. Sacirovski,

You and I have already spoken and resolved these concerns you have as you submitted this request to our leadership directly via email. Per our conversation you were satisfied with the results and I sent you an email to recap our conversation. You have my contact information. I will consider this matter closed.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have been advertising with YP for many years, started advertising with them back in 2002 and have been with them since. My current budget was $5,000.00 a month. The program used to work out in the long run. But in the last 2 years it's been going downhill. I'm an electrical contractor, I provide electrical service work. I have notified my sales rep that I will be reducing my marketing program due to changes in my business. I told him I still would like to show presence on the YP.com platform, and can only afford a $500.00 a month budget. It's been a nightmare, trying to have them cooperate.

I just received a new bill today, new bill stating I have renewed programs I never authorized. This is after I emailed my sales rep his manager of my program reduction. Also I have mailed them registered receipt mail. Thankfully I have kept all documentation. I now have contacted my attorney to work on this. It's so shameful, how they treat customers. It looks like their operation is unethical, they don't care at all. All they worry about is the contract to keep renewing.

We dealt with Kimberly ** and she did a great job explaining everything so that we could understand. Probably would not have used YP if it had not been for her. When the book came out, we were very impressed with how our ad appeared not only in the yellow page section but also in the white pages of the book. Couldn't be more pleased!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Hi Aaron,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: March 18, 2017

We've been a paying subscriber to YP for well over 20 years, back when print media meant something. Ever since the consolidation of YP a few years ago, we've been cheated. Our new sales rep, Colleen **, implied to the president of the company (about 9 months ago) that our old plan was ineffective and should be upgraded to work with some of YP's digital capabilities. We signed up for a YP Presence account and thought everything would work out. After starting to vet our listings for accuracy (3 months after the new contract was signed) we realized that almost none of our information had been updated. We contacted Customer Service, who processed our request.

We then proceeded to contact Colleen, who was unaware that all of our listings were wrong, hadn't attempted to follow up on our listings, and then proceeded to explain to us that a YP Contract implicitly states that they will not update your listing unless you contact them and tell them where the listings were wrong. After a team huddle, we decided that we'd rather not work with this company anymore because after three months of paying for listings, as well as working on our print media presence, they'd not even started (nor do they have to according to their own contract) updating a single listing.

We had a conversation with our Sales Rep, told her that we want to cancel our contract, and sent her an email cancellation notice (which she responded to, and thus must have received) on 1/23/2017. We've received three more billing periods since that date. Apparently, on 1/23/2017 (the day we cancelled) our bill jumped to over $200, and that is the rate we've been receiving bills for and collection calls for.

We then moved to customer service, told them that we were asking for cancellation of our plan and that we also need the login information for Yext (who runs the YP listing service) so that we can pay Yext directly and manage our own listings. The customer service representatives were not aware of YP's relationship with Yext and told us since Yext is a competing service they would not partner up. After contacting Yext we were notified that since we'd partnered with YP in the past YP owned our login information and we could not get it from Yext.

After almost two months of going back and forth with YP, they have admitted that they still cannot give us our Yext login. When this was forwarded to Jaqueline ** from the Yext Customer Support team they responded that they still cannot give us our login, that YP didn't understand our request, and that we still had to get the information from YP. So far, we are still being billed for a service we requested discontinued, we're still receiving the run-around from both YP and Yext, and we are still completely dissatisfied. We have no control over a maximum of 62 potentially incorrect business listings. If this continues we are considering legal action.

Thank so much for providing help and support as our business evolved into what is today. Our sole advertising is thru Yellow Pages. Cairissian helped me perfect my ad so it lists everything I do here and I just reorder the same as most year! It's really a valuable asset advertising in the Real Yellow Pages!

Hi Frank,

Joe @ YP

Original review: March 15, 2017

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with YP.com. I have been a long time advertiser and with the decline of Yellow Page usage I was told to put my advertising dollars online. The results that were discussed are way off from what was expected. In addition there was a problem with the YP website that I was paying for and my original site disappeared and they put a new one up. The problem with the new site they designed is the main focus of the site is canvas awnings which I do not sell. Under the services there are some things listed that I don't understand what they are and do not sell them. In addition one of the pages say "Check Back Soon".

Since my sales rep left the company I have been dealing with the sales manager that never returns phone calls and in the one time I did reach him said he would look into the account and call me back. Again I never received a callback and all calls I placed to him go to voice mail. For several months I tried to cancel my account to at one point the sales manager stated, "Maybe you should look for another company to handle your advertising." Still nothing was cancelled. Due to the unresponsive management I cancelled my credit card that was used for auto billing where they still continued the program even after I requested it and the sales manager gave up.

I then called their customer service department which is in some foreign country and they were no help. I requested to speak to a rep in the United States and they just forwarded the call to the sales manager's voice mail who does not return call. I called back again and was given the general manager's cell phone number where I left a message and sent a text. Again no callback. I then again called their ineffective customer service department was connected to the new Sales Rep who was aware of the issues and told him that his manager does not return phone calls where he said to me, "He is known for that." He said he would talk with the manager and call me back. Again, no callback!

So here we are, an unresponsive company who does not deliver what was sold and no one to contact and discuss the issues. I have been requesting to cancel my account for over 1 month and just keep on getting billed. On the most resent collection call I was told that my website was taken down to due non-payment and nothing mentioned about wanting to cancel and the sales manager telling me I should look for someone else to handle may advertising. I really don't understand how a company like YP treats their customers and claims on their website "Marketing Expertise You Can Trust". Maybe it should read "Marketing Expertise Billed and Not Delivered". This is so far from the truth! Buyer beware!

Good Morning,

No response received in request for account information. However, we were able to locate the account. Per the open cases, the concerns that are associated with the YP advertising are currently being addressed. The Sales Rep is diligently working with the YP Site team to pinpoint and have the technical/system issues resolved.

A full update will be provided by the Sales Rep once the advertising is performing to specifications.

Shenette, YP

Original review: March 14, 2017

I have been advertising with YP for years now. Since the beginning I've had issues with your company representative promising something and not being able to deliver. Once again or Javon ** has called me to solicit my business told me I'm going to appear to be number one here, number one there, the diamond at the, this dude, it's going to freeze my traffic, YP presence is going to get me found on the internet. Well YP presents cost $86 a month, it's yet to be fixed, my ads are not updated or thank you infect me with the wrong company. I was an existing Yext customer and I was told to cancel with Yext who had all my stuff fine for $500 a year. I would like someone to call me back so I could get valid explanation as to why I've had so many problems with your company over the years and why I should continue to spend my advertising dollars with you. Thank you.

I've only had service for a few days so I really haven't gotten much traffic to my site yet. I would have to wait a month or so to see it's going but Mr. James ** was very helpful setting up my account and explaining how things will work.

Good Afternoon Brian!

Your request has been received by the YP Executive Escalation Team and has been assigned to me for processing. At YP we hold high standards for both our product and service, and your satisfaction is very important to us. I apologize if YP has not lived up to your expectations. We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers. I will be calling you to try and resolve your concerns. Thank you for being a valuable YP customer.

Nicole YP

Original review: March 9, 2017

I signed up with YP Marketing Solutions 1/1/2017. I was told by my sales rep that if I was not seeing results, I would be credited for the month that I did not get results. Well, I have not received even one legitimate call or click since starting. I receive anywhere from 12-35 spam calls per day now, which did not start until I signed on with YP. The calls all start around 9am and originate through the YP app, then continue throughout the day until about 8pm. I have contacted my rep several times, to no avail. I have asked for a cancellation of the contract, due to YP's breach of contract and the fact that they are selling my information, along with tying up my business line with these constant spam calls. I have yet to hear anything back from YP or my sales rep. Absolutely terrible customer service, terrible marketing, and terrible decision!

Good Afternoon Jasmina,

As an update, we are working with the Sales Team to have the contract cancelled. I will continue to provide you an update on the status of the cancellation.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Shenette, YP

Original review: March 8, 2017

Where should we start... First of all, if we could rate this company with zero stars, we would. We met with a YP representative when we just opened our business. He explained the company and the model. We were skeptical at the time, and decided to hold off on any ad campaign such as YP until we could review other companies and marketing strategies. The representative was persistent, borderline stalker, and several months later, we agreed to meet with him and a new associate of YP once again. During this meeting, and regretfully, the two representatives convinced us that YP would be beneficial to the growth of our business, and we agreed that once our website launches, we would activate our ad campaign with YP. The representatives insisted that we electronically sign a boilerplate agreement, but reassured us repeatedly that the ad campaign would not launch until after our website went live.

We were also reassured that while YP needed our direct bank account information, no funds would be withdrawn until the ad campaign was activated. Not even a month after this agreement, YP, without authorization or warning, began withdrawing funds from our account. We informed our account manager immediately, and he, once again, assured us that this was a mistake, and it would not continue to happen, as, per the agreement, our website had not yet launched. Despite this promise and representation, that was the first of many wrongful and unauthorized withdrawals from our account. Despite our efforts to contact YP to correct the error, YP representatives remained entirely unresponsive. No one would speak with us! It was only months later that we learned, and apparently the company learned, that our account manager was "no longer with the company."

Due to YP's blatant disregard for the terms of our contract, and their breach of the same, we provided YP with notice of our intent to opt to void the agreement, as it had been materially breached. In the meantime, however, we incurred significant expenses related to the unlawful withdrawal of our funds, and the only way to get YP to stop wrongfully withdrawing funds from our account was to close our account and change banks. That is how far YP was willing to go to rob us of our money. It should be noted that we tried on numerous occasions to resolve this with YP amicably, however, the representatives remained completely unresponsive until after we closed the bank account.

Any communication with YP following the closing of our account involved sales representatives minimizing the severity of the contract breach and YP's conduct, and maximizing the opportunity to once again sell us on how great YP is and how much they could do for us. It was almost as if YP was trying to portray their misconduct and breach of the agreement as a motivation for us to buy more products from them. They took this opportunity to label us as the "problem," which they could "forgive" by giving us the opportunity to buy more product from YP, perhaps even at a discounted rate. They missed the point entirely, and our complaints and real damages fell on deaf ears.

It is curious that after we closed our bank account, we began, for the first time, to receive "leads" presumably based off of YP's ad. Even more curiously, the "leads" who scheduled initial consultations always had to cancel or just failed to show up altogether. This is particularly concerning given that every other potential client that we have received through other referral sources makes a point to be present at their initial free consultation. We have heard similar complaints about YP from other companies involving "leads" that schedule appointments, but then never show up, and somehow always have an out-of-state phone number.

Given that this company guarantees leads, which no one else, "not even Google" to quote a YP representative, can do, it is highly suspect and coincidental that companies using YP experience the same problems with potential leads. We have received absolutely ZERO benefit from our association with YP. If anything, they have cost us time, expense, frustration, and lost wages. We would not recommend YP to anyone who values the integrity and reputation of their company. YP is a despicable entity that will not hold back on taking advantage of business owners who buy into their misleading representations.

Hello Del,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Original review: March 7, 2017

We NEVER authorized service with this company and they keep sending us bills for payment saying they advertised for us. They claim the advertisement already went out so there is nothing they can do about it, that we owe. They did this same thing to us a couple years ago. It's fraud, we never asked for this service, when I looked it up they didn't even have our correct business name so how could they have ever gotten any approval for advertising. Absolute fraud, they shouldn't trap business into paying for something they did not ask for.

Hello,

I want to apologize for the unfavorable experience you received when you spoke with us. That is not the type of customer service we want to provide to our customers. We offer a number of dental listing options and if you would like to have another sales representative contact you please let me know. I can have someone in your area reach out to you in regards to setting up a listing in the phone book.

Warmest Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: March 7, 2017

I'd rate YP sales representative service as -5. 3/7/2017 9:55 a.m. I called YP to inquire about a basic listing in the phone book. My employer is a dentist and there are listings with doctors' names only, in addition to advertising. The representative came back in a snotty tone, "There's no such thing. You've reached advertising." I told him, "I understood that." I asked if it was possible to get our doctor to be listed under "Dentists." He asked if we had an account or advertised before. I told him, "I didn't know." Again, he came back in a snarky tone, "You don't know?" "No, I don't know. We'd like to be listed under dentists in the book and I'm trying to find out how."

He came back rude again, "Are you the owner of the business?" "No, I'm the office manager." The final condescending comment, he came back with, "I see." I proceeded to tell him, "I'd call back another time" - I won't. He must be rich because with his attitude, I doubt he makes many sales. It's not a great way to go about making a sale. If your sales are down, look at your representatives.

My experience with YP online marketing was all BAD -- probably the worst business decisions I have made in years. The account reps misrepresented their service's performance, all of which are disclaimed in their contract. I had several account reps but the quality of service never improved. The online marketing brought in lots of junk calls but not many paying clients. We spent lots of time fielding calls from people who wanted us to work for free -- YP had advertised my firm as "pro bono" attorneys. Yes, I was paying YP for advertising which said I would provide services for free. YP then gave me glowing reports of how many calls were driven to my firm off their web landing pages. My one year contract could not end soon enough. If you are considering them for online marketing, do yourself a favor and find someone else.

I have another company performing this service and they are actually making me money. With YP the income generated off their leads just about paid for their services. This means I was working to pay YP. I was very dissatisfied with the internet marketing services of YP -- a complete waste of time and money. I received an email after my contract expired from YP asking me to rate their services and I replied in this manner. I never heard anything back from YP. YP makes promises, takes your money and fails to deliver a useful service. Do not make my mistake. Avoid the YP internet marketing sales reps like the plague.

Hi Lourie!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! We love to pat our Team Members on the back and jump for joy when our Small Businesses do. Jay is a fantastic part of the Team here and we are so happy to hear you are happy.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do for you.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Jay ** is the best part about YP. His knowledge and expertise have made all the difference in our leads. He has helped us to get our money's worth for all of our advertising. We are planning on increasing our budget because we are so happy with the response we are getting.

Hi Holly!

Bringing in new business on a regular basis is music to our ears! That is exactly what we want to do for you and strive to do for all of our customers.

Here's to continued success and let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Original review: March 2, 2017

YP has cleaned up our information online as cleared up any confusing information regarding our business and previous owner information that was misleading. YP has continued to bring in new business on a regular basis and we are very pleased with the result in increased business.

Hi Matthew!

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

We take customers complaints quite seriously as we are continuously trying to improve our services. In an effort to address the advertisers concerns, YP Executive and Sales team will be contacting you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Respectfully,

Kanetta

Original review: March 1, 2017

IF you are a business owner, and are considering advertising and website development with YP Please read my experience. I've had the displeasure of entering into contract with YP for my Construction business several years back. They promise you the moon & stars and unfortunately can't deliver. The un-professionalism is EPIC with this company. After they receive your money the emails kind sales voice, and returned phone calls STOP! After refusing to pay any longer on my contract, b/c the company basically does NOTHING to earn their money... They talked me into waiving the balance of the contract to reinvest with them to the tune of $900 per month, stating that they sympathize with my grievance and promise to make it worthwhile.

Can you believe not 1 hour before getting my ck for $869 they shut my website down, knowing full well I just re up'd my contract, and now I've had no website exposure for over 3 days! ...yet they have my money! NOW the calls go ignored... and emails unanswered. YP is a shady company and although I've seen some attempts at growth in their company they still have a long way to go! BUYER BEWARE.

Hi Debi!

We try hard to get you the visibility you want and hearing that we've been able to increase your visibility that results in more traffic and hopefully, more business, is fantastic!

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I'm very happy advertising for my hypnosis business with YP. I've increased my visibility with search engines on-line which drives more traffic to my website. My business is listed in several categories with YP so more people see me. And the price is right!

Hi Jonathan!

We are so happy to hear that your experience with YP has been great. We hope to continue that and will work hard to provide you excellent service.

Good luck with your business and let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

My experience has been great with YP. They will do everything they can to help you out whether it's with billing, how many calls you got for the day, how many people views your business, how many people that has viewed your website and much much more!! What else would you want from a marketing website? This site will for sure help your business grow!!! 5 stars for YP!!!

Factual basis uncertain

We have tried for 2 1/2 years to discontinue getting billed by this scam company. I am on the phone right now with a supervisor, Louis ** badge ** who is a supervisor in billing who refuses to do anything about this, claiming we need to pay the bill even though we told them two years ago to discontinue. We paid them last year under duress and again said NOT to continue the service. We were again billed this year and now have a notice that they are going to send this to collections. This is a total scam company. Their excuse is always that they have nothing in their file to substantiate what we are saying. Stay clear of this company. Scam companies like this should be put out of business. We will file a complaint with the FCC.

Hi Juanita,

I am glad I was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the number I provided you or respond to the email you were sent.

Hi Juanita,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention, I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. We sincerely care about our customers and always want to help you with growing your business. At YP, we take customers complaints quite seriously, as we continue improving our services. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Oct 5th placed free ad. Few days later CSR convinced me to buy ad that would post in 72 minutes in top ad spots. Didn't happen. Cancelled 10/6. To date my account still being billed. Over 20 calls later no one has helped me. Calls routed to Philippines. No one willing to give you to supervisors. CSR have hung up several times. Keep receiving harassing calls for balance that continue to be billed, but nominees, Not one person has ever called me back as promised to resolve this case in 4 months. They take your money, keep billing, don't resolve problems and make false promises.

I now have my attorney involved, since I could not get this resolved on my own. Just ridiculous that it had to come this, when a simple "Sorry ma'am for the mix up, here's your refund" would have done the trick. I think it's worth it for this company to be investigated by higher authorities to determine if their practices are legal. They are at the least deplorable. PLEASE heed my WARNINGS and don't make the same mistake I did. I wish I had read the reviews first. 1.5 stars with over 500 customer reviews!!!

Hi Julie,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP.

We are currently researching your account and will be contacting you within 48 business hrs to address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Last year, while reviewing my business listing with YP online, I found they had listed my business as 'permanently closed'. Within a day of making this discovery, a rep from YP contacted me regarding my contract with them at which time I pointed out their mistake. She sent a request for the company to correct that mistake, as well as other mistakes that were found and was trying to encourage me to renew my contract. I had reservations about renewing with a company that had my salon listed as "permanently closed". However, she was very helpful and spent a lot of time correcting my issues.

I started the process for verbal renewal, but halfway through the process, I changed my mind, and stated I wanted to read the contract before signing because of my lack of trust for YP. I commended her for her help but stated I was also worried that YP would continue to auto renew my contract without my consent, and I did not want the agreement to auto renew due to YP's cancellation policy. I asked her to email the agreement to me so I that I could read it word for word before signing to ensure that there were no other mistakes. Before having a chance to review the agreement, I received a bill and soon discovered I had been entered into this contract that I hadn't read or agreed to. Once addressed the conflict was rectified with the termination of the agreement.

However, months later was contacted by another rep from this company who offered me a free upgrade for a billing mistake, to which I was unaware of. Since the only advertising I had with YP was a phone book ad for a minimum monthly amount, I assumed this was the ad she was referring to. To my surprise, weeks later, I discovered the second agent had swindled me back into the contract that the first agent had signed me up for without my consent. I then sent a fax, and a certified letter to the agent stating I did NOT authorize the resigning of this contract, and expressed my dissatisfaction for her deceptive nature. YP has cost me time and money. Currently, this matter is being reviewed by my attorney for legal action against YP.

Hello Joe,

Chysa

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

We used YP for many years for yellow pages advertising. Back in 2011 we changed it to eliminate the print yellow pages and stay on the internet advertising as a listing. In 2015 we decided not to renew and notified YP by mail and phone. They renewed our contract saying it was a automatic renewal. We figured it wasn't worth the effort for $452.00 a year and made notes to follow up with cancellations in late 2016 which we did. To our surprise they cannot find our letter of cancellation we sent in September. Now we are having the same issue. However this time we will not subject us to this type of fraud. They were notified of the cancellation but they still continue to bill us. This company is unethical and If I get another bill from YP I will consider this harassment and attempt bringing this to the attention of the media.

Hello Chris,

I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience that you received from YP. Although your choice of advertising will not be with us, we wish you much business success.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

This is about my interaction with Chris **. This clown called me today because I had just set up an account for my new business. At first he was polite and asked if I had some time to talk about how they can help with getting my name out. After that, it changed. I could not get a word in, every time I tried to talk, he would cut me off, he would ask a question and apparently make up his own answer because he would come back to it later as say didn't you say this. At one point, because my business is a franchise, he told I should leave them and do this myself, I would be better off.

After 10 minutes I finally got a word in and asked him how much, he beat around the bush for a few minutes and then gave me some numbers. I told him I was not ready to buy anything and needed to look at my finances and do some research of my own. This is where he lost his mind, he proceeded to tell me that he had done all the research and so there was no need to do it myself. After I repeated myself again about not committing to anything at this time, he explained that he should just end this call right now and wish me luck. So I hung up on him. Thank Yellow Pages for having such professionals, while it may hurt my business, I will not be using you and will do my best to get word out about how you do business, trying to bully me into something. I am a 20 year vet of the Marines, you think I am going to have a telemarketer force me into something, you've got another coming.

Good Afternoon,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP. As notated in the email sent to you today, any paid advertising would have priority over the free listing. Once the paid advertising was cancelled, the free listing could not publish because it was never verified after it was initially created. We have published the listing so it will appear in the search results for Dentists. We have also 'claimed' the listing on your behalf so that you can make edits via adsolutions.yp.com using your email address as a login.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

For many years my dental business was YP.com's Best customer in the Mankato, MN area (paying to come up first on their search) UNTIL we decided not to continue to pay thousands of dollars for a paid YP.com listing. Their company forced us to pay an additional year (their fine print contract said I didn't cancel within 10 days... the same time my rep left the company and no one followed up with me for a long time after my many attempts to contact them). Immediately after our contract was finished YP.com eliminated my business from their search listing. Our dental office no longer even comes up as an option for people looking for a dentist. Other search listing services AT LEAST give businesses a simple free listing as courtesy.

VERY DISAPPOINTED on how we have been treated for past 5 since our contract finished. I regret doing business all those years with them because of how they have cut us out of YP.com. The fact is, Google is king and YP.com is weak competition for online searches for dentists in my area (they will always tell you different according to their "statistics"). It was be FAIR to give us an online listing as a ongoing courtesy effective immediately including our website.

Hello Ron,

On behalf of the YP Sales team, we really appreciate your positive feedback! We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers. Thank you for being a loyal customer and we wish you continue success with your business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

There was a few misleading on my current ad that another rep had done for me. My current rep took care of this and got me back on track. I would recommend YP for all your business solutions. My rep took the time to get things right and to bring me more business.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2017

I'll give one additional star for resolving the issue, but that's about it as it still took a lot of heartache and headache to even get this far. Thanks for at least getting me out of this and back to being able to sleep better at night knowing the ordeal is over.

Good Afternoon Justin,

I have received your complaint through other avenues. This issue has been resolved and final resolution has been sent to the email on file.

I apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered and I wish you much success with your future endeavors.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I started advertising with YP in July of 2016. I was told by my rep it was a month to month. I got a 12-month contract in the mail instead and in the wrong business name (my business was Advanced Detailing LLC and they put in the name of Meguiar's, a product I used to use). Billing has changed to reflect the actual business name, I still get harassing calls for Meguiar's. At any rate, I paid for the months that I did use the service, which sucked by the way. I was severely unhappy and attempts to make changes were unsuccessful, Yelp does a much better job to be honest. The website was horrible and looked confusing and in disarray.

In September, not a couple of months after starting advertising, I sold my business to a partnership and called to cancel the advertising which supposedly I had a three month window to do anyhow. I was assured it was done and then I proceeded to cancel my credit cards. Unfortunately I still got bills and when I called customer service again, my sales rep (who no longer seemed to exist) and the local branch in San Jose and in San Francisco, I was told that I was still potentially liable for the contract, but they would initiate an old owner/new owner ticket and release me from the contract and erase any outstanding balance as the new owner did not wish to use that advertising. Even though I'm no longer the owner, I still work for the company and take calls at the business number.

So, not only did the things I was promised not happen, I kept getting calls from YP agents from all over saying they would do the same, do what I was initially promised, that the advertising had been cancelled and they were working on getting everything cancelled and balance removed. Nope, that didn't happen either. It seems they wanted it to go into default and push to collections, which they did. Now I get harassing phone calls at all hours and very rude people who swear they have the right to harass me even though I tell them to quit calling and remove my number.

This is HIGHLY ILLEGAL on so many levels. I'm told that the advertising hasn't even been cancelled either and the bill keeps on piling up and fees are being added to the "balance owed". I want this to cease immediately. I want the contract cancelled, any balance removed, any collection attempts to cease, any negative remarks on either the business or my personal credit report to be removed and for this to happen right now. I am getting stressed and can't sleep or eat as a result of the daily hounding by YP, even after requesting they stop.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2017

YP contacted me on 2/28 to let me know they have resolved the matter. My one suggestion for YP is to better train their staff on handling customer issues and not give them the runaround, and use stall tactics. While I applaud them for finally resolving the matter it should not have gone on as it did. I do want to give a 5-star rating for consumer affairs, without providing consumers a voice, I do not feel the matter would have ever been resolved.

Hi Jim!

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory interaction with YP. As you can imagine, we strive to not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our clients and from the sound of it, we did not do so. We will do all we can to make this better and rectify the situation for you.

I will contact you within 24hrs, no later than 48hrs, and we will work to find a satisfactory solution.

Respectfully,

Karmita

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My mother agreed to a 1 year advertising deal 10/31/2015. 3 months in they did not provide anything they promised. MY mother tried to cancel and they told her she was committed to the 1 year deal. At this point I spoke with Jacob ** from YP and this was in February of 2016. Jacob promised to refund the 3 months, but we needed to continue to the end of the term which again was to end on 10/31/2016. Jacob promise an upgraded deal for the remainder of the term, and we would have to call and cancel so the contract did not "auto-renew". My mother called in July 2016 to express the desire to cancel on 10/31/2016, as YP still was not producing what they promised, YP agreed the contract would cancel.

On 10/29/2016 my mother called YP again to make sure YP knew her desire to cancel, and at this time they told her the contract was valid until February 2017. At this time I called YP and told them it is all on recording of the desire to cancel, and I demanded to the rep to pull the recording, and he stated that yes, the contract did indeed in on 10/31/2016 and it would be canceled. Fast forward to February 2017, I see a charge from YP on the charge account, and YP continued to charge for the three months. I called them, and I made the rep pull the recording of myself and Jacob ** that the change in the contract was for "the remainder of the contract". The rep continued to tell me that the conversation "renewed" the contract when the recording clearly stated otherwise.

YP stated they would investigate the matter, and all they have done was send me links that did not work that "updated" the case, and when I call I would get no response or return phone calls. I advised my mother to call her credit card company, to tell them these are unauthorized charges, and the credit card company reimbursed her the $642.00 dollar total for the three months. Now today (2/14) YP called my mother harassing her for the $642.00 dollars, stating she owes the money. She does not. We were CLEAR about everything. They are crooks and should be in jail.

Hello Sara,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss your account with me. I am glad that we were able to get this resolved for you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kindest Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I honestly have no idea where to begin with Tia company. My father in law, a local dentist has used YP Media Group since 2013 and Yellow Pages forever as his marketing tool for his practice. He's spent 10's of thousands on services I'm absolutely convinced he never received. He asked I help him out with a few things regarding ads etc in November. I started looking into the account. Immediately noticed the web page was outdated and not functioning at all.

Also that his personal home address and phone number was sited in multiple locations vs his biz address and number. I spent well over 2 months and endless hours trying to get an explanation of what he was paying for and was passed around from rep to rep. Two months in they finally located a few contracts where we requested to cancel services but continued to pay. Also paid for a virtual tour we never had among countless other things. I'm now at the point of biting an attorney to handle because getting a straight honest answer out of these people is impossible. Worst company ever. They take advantage of people who are not tech savvy and they have a terrible reputation locally and I totally see why. So disgusted and disappointed.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile