toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Resolution response: Nov. 2, 2016

The company has resolved my problems.

Hello Mr. Medina,

We are happy that we were able to resolve your issue. YP appreciates your long-term relationship with us, as we would like to continue our partnership for many more years to come. Thank you for choosing YP!

Kindest Regards

Kanetta D.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

My representative is Gagan **. YP has fake locksmith listings all over the United States. YP required me to provide my business license which I did. I have notified my representative regarding fake locksmith listings. I have given them proof with fake locksmiths with different addresses which are not valid. I contacted the Region Manager and he said he is working on this for 2 months and nothing is being resolved. They have a locksmith from New York who is advertising under 1000 business names. I found out that their account is also handled by the same Regional Manager who has told me he will handle this problem.

I am paying YP about $20,000 per month and next year I might cancel all my banners if they don't fix this problem. YP contracts don't make sense. I am asked to pay a lot of money for the banners and they have threatened to take them down if I don't pay. I have been paying as they asked and the bill is still not correct. It's hurting my business. I have also complained to Google and they did a great job taking down the fake locksmiths. YP continues to disappoint us. The Region Managers name is Matt **. I wish I could give Gagan ** a five star review. He is excellent but can't say the same for YP. Please look into my account and fix all the problems. They also have a auto renew policy which is not right. I have read a lot of reviews and it mentions the same thing. Contact my representative for more information. Thank you.

Resolution response: Aug. 31, 2016

Wow, yp.com took care of everything so efficiently. Appreciate all their time and effort. Everything was done so professionally. Thanks so much for your kind attention to my matter!

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon.

While you have decided not to continue advertising with YP, I am glad that I was able to resolve the concerns regarding your account.

As discussed, I have made the necessary adjustments and cancelled your account.

Also, thank you for agreeing to update your Consumer Advisor Review/Rating. Should you have any questions or would like to advertise at any time in the future; please feel free to contact us at any time.

We sincerely care about our customers and always want to help you with growing your business.

~Shenette

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I had a terrible experience with yp.com and Kayla ** who was the representative who created my account. The online ad did not work. I kept getting wrong numbers. Most persons calling my number are wanting a towing company, we are a web designing company. I got no results from my online ad. So wanted this canceled. If the online ad is not canceled, I will submit a claim with a law firm, as a verbal agreement is not valid. I submitted a email, which is a dated and stamped document in June. Kayla ** said she was going to have someone call me, never did. The service was so bad and I want my account removed, canceled. DO NOT CREATE A ACCOUNT WITH YP.COM IT IS A SCAM. YOU WILL GET NO RESULTS.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2016

The issue was resolved very fast. Thank you!

Customer's response to YP:

Eugene Waterlow

The issue was resolved very fast. Thank you!

Hi Eugene,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding the free listings for your account. Please provide me with your business and contact information to better assist you.

Regards,

Breanna

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Couple days ago, I had my small business listing on YP.com with the name "**". I received Email with - Congratulations! ** is now listed and looking pretty on YP.com - I checked and this was true. Today I got call from YP.com and they checked the information listed on YP.com. After 5 min woman representative start hardly pushing me to buy paid advertising. When I said No for paid advertising they removed my company from YP.com listing. I think it is not fair to remove free listing if you reject to pay for advertising. And in special, if you will google "free business listing" YP.COM will be in first 10.

Hello Erin!

Thank you taking the time to rate us and for your thoughtful comment. We would like to share your thoughts with our team. Please provide me with your account and contact information at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Marti

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I am taken aback by all of the negative reviews. My representative Christina is here completely for her clients and genuinely cares about me growing my business. She isn't a scam, I don't have the funds and she worked out a perfect package and I've seen great results.

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for sharing your customer experience with us. YP contacted Stephanie Westwood January 16, 2017 upon receipt of her referral. Utilizing information shared by the customer with YP, Yellow-Pages-LTD company based in Frankfurt, Germany, is non affiliated with Yellow Pages and YP.com based in the US.

In YP’s efforts to further assist Stephanie Westwood, our office attempted unsuccessfully to reach a representative of Yellow Marketing, LTD to discuss this matter. Stephanie Westwood was advised to follow up directly with Yellow Marketing, LTD to have this complaint properly handled.

At this time, the complaint doesn’t’ warrant Yellow Pages and YP.com attention.

Respectfully,

Karmita Turner

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

An employee mistakenly signed and returned a form from yellow pages. As these mailers are a little misleading. I have called and explained this employee did NOT have authorization to do so. The representative whom I spoke with was not only rude and unhelpful but also hung up on me. I can not believe the lack of professionalism that I have dealt with on such a simple matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Good afternoon,

At YP , our primary goal is providing advertising and customer service of the finest quality. In this instance, we may not have lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves or those you expect or deserve. I apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced; we will make every attempt to eliminate similar problems in the future.

Per our records, the YP advertising cancelled on 12/27/16, and a refund is being processed. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Shenette Moore

YP | Customer Experience Group

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

After signing up for a 6 month subscription 4 months went by without any activity. I called Patricia ** at the local branch and she agreed that I had not received what I had paid for and wanted to make it right. I asked to have it canceled early and not have the last two months charged. She agreed but I never heard back. I had to continue emailing and corresponding with her and the billing department in the Philippines of which they are in cahoots with to make you go away.

After 34 emails back and forth to resolve my refund she stopped responding. She wanted me to go away but here I am now warning potential customers to not do business with YP without looking over all reviews. There are many other reputable marketing firms that care about you and your business. YP has a 1.2 rating out of 5. My biggest mistake was not doing a thorough review. The worst part was Patricia seemed to genuinely want to make it right but the bottom line was about $$$. Not great customer service. :/

Hi Angela,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

As a small business owner I entrusted YP to assist me with the growth of my business. October 2015 I engaged in a business relationship with YP Marketing Solutions and after my engagement I found that my home address was listed on my web page, my rep Kayla ** did her best in attempting to understand what my company's services were but she truly had no idea. Therefore my business was placed in categories with services I did not provide. So the calls I received were for services I could not provide and other calls were SPAM calls or of people looking for work. I didn't receive many calls that built my client base. There were several things that I tried to keep up on the website myself but changing my address and my services were blocked from me changing them. My service territory zip codes would also fall off at times and I would have to go back and re-enter them.

As a small company making these corrections take time. Waiting time on the phone to get someone to fix the issues and when there isn't anyone available getting someone to call back was nearly impossible. Now my home address has been on my site nearly a year and it is has been very difficult to try to change. In efforts to try to communicate with YP I sent emails from my "contact us" venue on my dashboard and received not one response. By the 8th month of no resolve I sent an E-mail indicating I was wanting to cancel because I couldn't get any help with my site, still no response, so I transferred my domain name and that is when things really just went bad. Now they have all the time in the world to talk. I have talked to more than a half of dozen people about my site but not to correct it to prove I tried to get help with it before I moved my domain name and stopped my automatic payment. Now I am in collections.

The last rep, Ryan ** was going to look into why no one would help me but collections just reported he just closed my case without a return call. I am extremely discouraged. My entire conversation with him was as if I was on trial and I needed to prove that I even tried to contact YP at all. He wanted to argue that he didn't see any emails from me but long story cut short I had talked to a rep before him that read my e-mails to me so I am not sure how he couldn't see the note when they are located on their server. I couldn't resend them because I no longer had access to them. Huge mess and I have never had a company just ignore their clients before and just expect to get paid.

If I DIDN'T RECEIVE THE SERVICE I AGREE TO RECEIVE FROM YP THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THEM FOR IT. YP wants me to pay for the last 4 months of my contract when I moved my domain name to another company and they were no longer servicing my web page. I didn't have anything active with YP. They were not providing me with a service for that 4 month. Why should I be held responsible for a balance when they didn't do their due diligence in responding to my needs? So frustrating. I am flabbergasted...

Good Morning Mr. Snead,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.  This issue has been assigned to Nicole for processing. I will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns in depth.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I am totally disgusted with YP. I don't want nothing to do with them. They have an address on there showing that I live on Washington street in Bedford, VA. I don't even live in Bedford. I live in Lynch Station. My customers tell me they didn't know I lived in Bedford. I am going to retire next year. I want to be removed from YP for good, I have asked them & told them repeatedly for almost a year now to take me off their advertising & they refuse to do that. They must be desperate trying to hold on to people. I have been in business 23 years & I don't even need YP advertising. I want to be removed from YP for good & forever. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF FOR GOOD ASAP!!

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for contacting YP, a leader in digital marketing solutions for local businesses.

My sincere apologies to Claudia Gallegos for her unfortunate customer experience with YP during attempts to cancel their YP contract.

The referral was assigned to Karmita Turner who has already notified Claudia Gallego from a separate referral filed through another Social Platform.

Claudia Gallego has been provided the next steps taken by this office to help resolve her complaint.

Respectfully,

Karmita Turner

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I was contacted by a Sales person from YP. Her name is Hildie, she and another YP rep by the name of Emily who promise at least 15 phone calls from customers every month. This never happened. All the phone calls I have been getting is from scams. I emailed, called and texted Hildie (who is no longer with YP) Emily, and Paul ** to see if they could either lower my monthly payment, or cancel my account. BUT NEVER GOT A PHONE CALL OR REPLY FROM ANYONE.

I called customer service, and they say I need to talk to my sales Rep. So, I don't have a sales rep because she is no longer with YP. My other sales rep EMILY don't get back to me, my manager account PAUL ** don't respond either. Customer service can't help, Billing department can't help because they only call to ask for payments. So WHO CAN HELP??? I can't pay $800 a month for scams calls. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. A WASTE OF MONEY. I wish I had never responded a phone call from HILDIE...

Good Afternoon Mr. Cater,

I have attempted to reach out to you to address your concerns, but to no avail. If assistance is needed, my contact information has been sent to you previously via email.

Good Morning,

Your advertising concerns have been received by YP and have been assigned to me, Nicole for processing. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole from YP

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

After setting up a potential business coined ComicmartUSA at YP Ad solutions, over 2 years ago, I began receiving multiple phone spams repeatedly from a sub company connected to YP consistently asking me if I wanted to fund my "new business". I had also set up the concept pages at a website with the same URL name. The spam calls would not stop and they called me even before I could wake up, I refused multiple times but these idiots kept calling me to the point where I was getting really pissed off. Even then the calls would not stop after threatening them with a lawsuit. One might think I should be reasonable to a certain degree, but it was not as you think.

I even submitted to the donotcall list, but they continued in broken English. These jerk-offs are ** RETARDS and will bombard your phone and literally WASTE your cell phone time. I did receive business but the website did not thrive and I was forced a year later to pull everything down for lack of sales. But it was a superior concept, one which would have blossomed, but I kept getting calls from potential customers about BUYING their memorabilia (wherever they got this idea is beyond me) which was what the business was NOT ABOUT.

Pissed me the ** OFF and now I suspect DELIBERATE sabotage. I want revenge in a manner of speaking without ass-jacket lawyers because YP has no way to delete the listing online short of contacting them offline, which again pisses me off. CONCLUSION: YP Marketing Solutions is full of ** and is as FAKE as the media. IF YOU HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE PLEASE POST IT HERE BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE 100% RETARDS! NO JOKE.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you tomorrow to address your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

We joined YP to help get our name out and help drive business. We met with a sales representative who came into our office to go over what they could do for us. We signed a contract for multiple services to be provided by YP. Our contract was for 6 months but for a portion of this time frame they had the phone calls going to our fax line. This was corrected but the 14 calls a month they promised were mostly out of state call, sales calls, people looking for work, and others advertising their own products. We sat down with our representative on several occasions to try and correct things. We were then told that the 14 calls a month were on average and we may receive 30 calls the following month. We were talked into another 6-month contract with YP. We asked that calls be recorded this time so that it could be documented that the calls we were receiving were useless.

Two months into this new contract things remained the same and we figured out we were being fooled. We then canceled everything with YP but we're still receiving bills. We have paid around $10,000.00 to YP for services that we were supposed to receive but never did. They continue to send bills for these services and after months of no call backs and me wasting my time call them back, they made some deductions. However, they refuse to wipe the slate clean on everything. I was supposed to hear back from an inside representative as to the remaining balance owed and once again I had to call them to get answers. I was told by this representative that they would not be removing the remaining $2,000.00 and change. I told the rep we would be getting our lawyer involved and she stated that we should do so.

We have made every effort to work with YP during our contract and again to resolve all issues after our cancellation of the contract. We will now be moving forward legally to try and resolve this matter. We are determined to fight this matter at any cost even if it means paying lawyers more than what we owe YP. This is a matter of principal at this point. You can not take advantage of people or legitimate companies like this.

Hello Mr. Fox,

We see that a credit of 50% is being applied to your account to be applied through the end of the contract. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience with the contract process we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I decided in Dec. 2015 to stop my print advertising of some of my professional services. I canceled the renewal of my Yellowbook ad effective January 2016. I told the AT&T YP Marketing Solutions salesperson in August 2016 that I was canceling my subscription for the upcoming Dec. 2016 book for Austin, TX. I told him this service has become a income loss area over the past few years and I did not want to advertise this service any longer. He said fine, he would not call again this year and would note my stopping placing my ad in YP Marketing Solutions. I did not get his name or phone number.

December 15, 2016 I opened a bill from YP Marketing Solutions for the December 2016 advertising book. I immediately called the YP office, 800 479-2977, spoke to John who then sent me to Zach who opened Case #** which is my OFFICIAL notice of cancellation of the Dec. 2017-18 Austin, TX YP book ad. Zach stated, in response to my question, that although I had been advertising continuously with YP for 30 years I still had to notify YP by Oct. 17 to not be renewed in the Dec. 2016 book. I was told to call back if I had any further questions or issues.

On Dec. 21 I spoke to Reyan (female) after Brian opened another Case #** regarding my having told the sales representative prior to Oct. 17, 2016 that I did not want to have an ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX YP book and I was not told of any additional actions I must do to successfully cancel my Dec. 2016 Austin, TX YP advertising. I was told they would research my renewal letter as that was important to their automatic renewal process.

On Dec. 26 I spoke to Roni (female) who sent me a copy of the renewal notice that day (which I was told was sent on Dec. 21 but there is nothing in any of my mail systems from "YP Team" before Dec. 26). She reviewed how the renewal letter was sent to ** and I confirmed with her I have not had an office in that location since December 1994. I have been receiving bills and paying by check the monthly YP fee using my ** address since at least 2001, if not before.

I DID NOT receive the renewal letter dated August 23, 2016 as it was not forwarded to my P.O. Box. Therefore I did not receive any written information about YP Marketing Solutions' intent to activate an automatic renewal of my ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX book. In fact I was under the impression from the decades of ads I had placed, and paid for in full, that if I did not finalize an ad before the book closed sometime in October, I would NOT get my ad in the book that year. I was told by Reyan that she would research "what could be done" and call me back.

On Dec. 28 Reyan called me back and said the renewal letter was "just a courtesy" and the fact I did not receive it was an error on my part because YP has 3 accounts associated with my name. I was told because I failed to notify them of my change in address it was my fault they sent the renewal notice to the wrong address. I called that reasoning ridiculous because they had sent me billing notices for the last 10 plus years at the P.O. Box address instead of the ** address. The fact YP Marketing Solutions did not update their contact accounts was not MY responsibility.

I told Reyan on Dec. 28 that I do not have a contract with YP Marketing Solutions because in Texas a valid contract, oral or written, requires "mutual agreement" involving a clear and definite offer and an intentional, unqualified acceptance of the offer without equivocation from either party. I most certainly did not make an "unqualified acceptance" of the offer to do a no change / automatic renewal of last year's ad for the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX YP book. In fact as previously stated I notified YP Marketing Solutions salesperson by telephone (which is the only medium I have used to coordinate YP ads the past 6+ years) that I was NOT continuing the current or any other ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX book.

On the same Dec. 28 call (31 minutes) I was then told by Reyan and later the offer was repeated by Chad (female) that YP Marketing Solutions would be able to reduce my monthly advertising fee to 50% of the current $108, down to $54/mo or $648/12 months. I reviewed with Reyan and Chad that I lose money on this business at this point so I would be paying YP Marketing Solutions for generating calls that I need to tell customers I won't help them with their problems. I was told that because YP has already placed my ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX book, I would be getting the benefit of this marketing. In fact I have not received any appropriate potential customer calls since June 2016 due to my ad in the YP book.

I have accepted the 50% reduction offer although I made a counter offer of paying them $10/month if their system absolutely had to have some money being paid so they could close my account. Chad said she could not accept that level of payment. I still am very clear that I do NOT owe this $54/month for 12 months but I am aware of the major negative consequences of YP reporting me as a delinquent account and turning my account over to a collections entity. Avoiding dealing with those negative effects of not paying is worth $54/mo for 12 months.

Good day,

I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP. In order to provide you with resolution, please email your contact information and account number or business phone. You will receive a response within 48 business hrs after receipt of your information.

Shenette, YP

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I closed a business more than 3 years ago, moved another business to the same address and phone number, canceled the closed account (the representative came to the office and did that), updated the new listing. Now YP is trying to charge me for the business I closed claiming there is no written note to close it. I looked at my profile on yp.com and that account is suspended, also if it is not closed how come they never charged me for the years 2015, 2016. Also this is what used to be a free listing (says that on profile page). Now they want to charge me $2.00/month for it, what a shame. Aside from that a customer service put me on hold to look for a supervisor who never came and I ended up being disconnected. You know what YP? I am not shocked. That is your usual way of doing business. I think I will end up cancelling my other account next year to get rid of you altogether.

Hello Mr. Martin,

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I am on my 3rd rep right now. My dad has been with Yellow Pages for a very long time. He sent me in the New York Life building to get a listing with YP when I started my company. I was guaranteed 41 calls a month starting in May. I signed into a $12,000.00 contract. I have received less than 5 calls a month since May and none of them pertain to the work I do. YP gave me a tracking number for my printed and digital ads. When you call the number they provided for my print, my phone doesn't even ring (I know because I sat down with my dad and called my own number). Or, it says this call will be recorded, waits about 5 seconds, and rings a couple of times. My digital advertising and my website are completely shut down. They are still charging my account. As of right now, if I don't get any help soon I am going to the BBB.

Good Day,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP. We have notified our leadership team and will be contacting you with in 48 business hours to provide a resolution.

Shenette, YP

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I will never, ever, EVER recommend YP advertising to anyone. They are an incredible letdown, I canceled our contract with them last month (November), and they have since taken money out of our account without authorization. I have been on the phone with Customer Service yesterday and today trying to get it straightened out. I have been bounced around to 4 different people today, talked to two different people through email (both of whom claim they can't help), and the one person who can supposedly help doesn't have a direct line or extension, and has to call me!

All we got out of the deal was spam calls and emails, no real customer contact, and bills that were higher than we agreed. That is why I canceled our account, or thought I did, only to find out the person who assured me it was canceled didn't follow through resulting in an unauthorized draft from my bank account. I am extremely unhappy with my experience with this company, I only wish I had read the reviews on here before joining up. YP is a scam, they are out to make as much money off of you as they can and will outright lie to you to get more. Not to be trusted!

Hello Mr. Daniel Gonzalez,

I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience you received during your time as a customer. I see that your account has been canceled with YP. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have been a loyal advertiser with YP.com for over 10 years. In this time, we have seen the usage and results from the print product decline. I was then approached to give me the print for pennies on the dollar to move my advertising dollars to their digital product YPConnect. It sounded like a good idea at the time but it did not stop the downward spiral with regards to my results. YP's main goal was to preserve the $3,000 monthly I was spending. When they implemented their new digital program I did not see any increase in my results. What they did is launch a landing page containing a brand new URL with very limited info compared to my actual website. I was assured that this Digital Program should deliver between 150-200 calls per month. YP fell way short of their promised and delivered 278 usable calls over the last 12 months at a Cost Per Call of $129.50 per call.

If you factor in the discounted Print the Cost per Call is reduced to $112.52 per call. Now if you review my website the specials range from $59-$125. Even with a good conversion of 1 in 3 calls becoming a customer this results in over $330 per customer acquisition. YP's reply to this lack of results was to give me more worthless advertising to help build the call volume to what was promised. At this point I tried to cancel my advertising with YP as I could not remain in business paying over $300 per customer for a job between $59-$125. My advertising was never cancelled and they continued to bill me and deliver costly calls. When I contacted Customer Service my call was routed to the Philippines where they have no idea of what is going on and consistently repeat everything I say adding to the frustration of their service.

When I tried to reach out to my rep I was informed that my account was reassigned to another rep who I never met. The problem with this new rep is they did not care about my account, they were not involved with the negotiations and really didn't care about my business. They were not paid any commission on my account and had no motivation to fix my issues. So YP sent my account to a collection agency and then to an Attorney. Again they don't care about anything but collecting their money that was billed after I tried to cancel my account due to not delivering what was agreed upon with the number of calls.

YP is very unethical in their practices and holding you to a contract that they cannot fulfill. As stated above their only goal was to maintain the amount of my advertising dollars and switching from one outdated product to one that does not work! Beware, YP does not care about your business only selling advertising to boost their bottom line!

Good Evening James,

Again, I wanted to thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I am glad I was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction. Please log in to your Consumer Affairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. You have my contact information if you have any other questions or concerns.

Good Morning,

You advertising concerns have been received by YP and have been assigned to me, Nicole for processing. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address you concerns.

Nicole from YP

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I signed up for an account about 4 months ago and the salesman answered all of my questions. Before I ordered he said I could cancel anytime but I couldn't get a refund for the current month if I did. That sealed the deal. Everything went downhill after that. I called in 4 times to get my phone number changed and it still has not happen to this day!!! Then I found that my listing was not showing up as promised and customer service said it was so I had already screen shot it then emailed to her. She said I was listed in some city I never heard of and then asked me to refresh my screen and poof it appeared. Then she acted as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Finally a new rep called me and said that I cannot cancel but will listen to the recording of the old rep. She calls me weeks later and offers a credit but she was supposedly waiting to hear back about the recording and she still did not change my number.

A few weeks after that I receive a call about a bill and I refused to pay it and explained the situation. My rep calls again a week later and still has not listened to the tape. I've been getting the runaround from everyone I have come in contact with and no resolution. Then to top it off I have received 0 leads in 4 months. Only calls from people looking for work. This has been a horrible experience and I just want to cancel as I was told I could.

Contracted for YP to create and deliver 1000 postcards a month for a marketing campaign. They started billing me right away even though it took 3 months to get a proof of a postcard together, then never told me when drops were made, we never got one call even though they claimed 3 1000 drops were made. We asked for proof the cards were purchased and dropped and to what addresses, they could never and would never respond. After seeking remedy with their management I refused to continue paying for services that were not or could not be verified.

From reading other complaints, it seems YP has pulled this scam on other business owners. Now, they have sent attorneys after me even though I paid more money than they allegedly sent out in drops, they want the entire one year contract. These guys are very shady, unethical, and fraudulent in their business practices, and at this time I plan on seeking the help of the Texas Attorney General to remedy this.

We hired YP for advertising our business. At first, they used the Ad Clicks program, which was supposed to guarantee many leads for us, but generated none. I asked them that they use our company phone number, which they refused to do even after contacting them multiple times. Every time they made a change, they told us it takes about 2 weeks to resolve it. We were getting calls from people looking for some other business and they marked them as actual leads. I called our sales agent, and had him hear the phone conversations that were actually not leads at all, but looking for some other business. He had that changed and put in as not a lead. However, later they changed two of the calls that were not leads, and deleted the recordings and then marked them as leads.

Then they said that they would change the program to YP Search, and we have still not seen any results. I've gone back multiple times with our agent, to no avail. The top five words that they use for our business don't even accurately describe our business. We have called them to cancel but they refuse to do it. I told them that I would not pay the account, because we are not being advertised for the business that we actually are conducting but something else. They keep opening cases and keep closing them, with no results. I tried to contact the manager, because all the customer service agents say that they can't do anything with the account. However, their manager never called back. We have wasted so much time with YP. I hate writing a bad review for anyone, but we are frustrated with the lack of support from YP. Buyer beware.

We advertised with Google, after the failure with YP, and lo and behold, our top five words that come up with the search DO represent our business. We wasted close to two and a half months with YP trying to resolve/fix the situation and now they are not cancelling our account and want us to pay for something we did not sign up for. We signed up to be advertised for the company that we are, not for something that we are not. I am very disappointed. I did not expect this with YP, considering it's a big company. Save your money and advertise with Google or Other services. YP will take your money, and keep billing you for amounts more than what you signed up for, without doing much in terms of advertising. At least, that's what they did in our case. It's a fraud and money making scheme. We have so much better results with Google, and at much lower cost too.

Hi Brent,

Karmita T

YP Executive

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I started about two years ago, using one of their free accounts. I am a very small business owner, in a very small locale. After a few months, I was contacted by their sales and marketing team. I listened to the pitch, and decided to give the program a try. I can't say if their service helped me all that much. My business seems to stay at the same pace, year in and out. So, after my year contract was up, I decided I wouldn't renew the service. I cancelled my auto pay credit card account, and told one of the sales people who kept hounding me I wished to end my service. I thought that was the end of it.

A few months later, I got an invoice in the mail, saying I was three months late, and they were sending my account to collections! I insisted this was incorrect, but, after waiting almost two hours on hold and transfers, I was sent to the billing department, and was told by a lady that if I paid the past due amount, my account would be closed and my service terminated. After all the time wasted, and waiting on hold, I decided to pay them the money, and be down with the company. Good riddance. I would be upset, but not as mad as I am now if this was the end of my story. Checking my post office box a couple weeks ago, I see that there is another invoice in the mail box. Apparently, YP decided to start another year contract with me, saying that it was an auto renewal, and that I am bound to another year's contract.

They insist this is the last year, and that now, I am finally set to end service at the end of this new yearlong contract (lies, lies and more lies). I have tried calling to cancel the service, and asking for a manager or supervisor who could help me... but I am always placed on LONG hold times (35 minutes or more), after which I am eventually transferred to one person's desk. They are never available, and I have left multiple voicemails, asking for a call back.

Long story short, this is a racket. There is NO EASY WAY TO CANCEL THE SERVICE. They try to trap you in yearlong contracts, that are set to auto renew, and when you try to cancel, or just stop paying the bill, you are sent letters from a collection agency, and called incessantly and threatened by billing departments. This is the worst company I have ever worked with. I will NEVER work with any company they are associated with, and at this point, I would rather settle with a collection company eventually than pay them one dollar more. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau after I am finished with this posting. BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!!! Use their service at your own risk and peril! Oh what a mistake it has been!!!

Hi Walt,

I just wanted to follow up with you again and let you know that this matter has now been resolved. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Walt,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within the next 48 business hours to address your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

When I was contacted by a YP sales rep about starting an online listing the first question I asked was, "Is there a contract?" His answer? "Oh no, there's not contract. If you don't like the service you can cancel at any time. It for a month to month service." Boy was I wrong to believe him. The service is terrible and does not produce results. When I tried to cancel the service they say, "You signed a contract" Really? Over the phone? How does that work, considering I only agreed to a month to month service? What a scam to get people on the hook!

Main problem with them is I'm getting calls not related to home buyer inspections, what they are getting me are calls from builders or homeowners looking for a city building inspector. I'm supposed to be getting 41 to 75 calls a month. They are able to get about 50% of that number, but 99.9% of those are not related to my business. I have stopped paying my bill and now get a call a day to collect, I've been told that I'm under contract to pay and they don't guarantee any results. Well they did state that they would get me 41 to 75 calls, which really means they need to get me 41 calls a month and if it reaches 75 they'd shut it down till the next month. Call or text me before signing a contract with them for any advertising. I'd be more than happy to share my experience I've had with yp.com, I've tried them and it's been a complete waste of advertising dollars.

As new and small business owner you are very susceptible to marketing scammers. That's why when a YP Marketing Sales rep first contacted me I was instantly comfortable because YP has been in business for a very long time. The sales rep talked to me for a long time about my options, discussed payments and everything that would be included. I was told not to use any other internet marketing because YP could get me at the top of the search engines and that they could get me more leads than any other company. I was also talked into a higher monthly rate than I was comfortable with but was assured I could decrease it and make changes to my account at any time if something was not working. I gladly accepted to verbal agreement over the phone. Months went by, I hadn't received any new leads.

I contacted my original sales rep and he noted to make the changes at the first of the month. This was the last time I spoke or heard from him. The changes were never made, and he never returned my emails, so I began to call the 1-800 customer service number to try to get some help. Customer service insisted that a new account manager would be in contact soon but I was never transferred to anyone directly. I called about 2-3 times a month for 4 months (I have printed out phone records to prove this). After months of trying someone finally called (Dan **). He told me the reason I haven't received any leads was because I was set up with the wrong package. He then gave me his email and direct line and said he would work with me to fix this issue. That was the one and only time I spoke to him, he never returned my calls or emails after that.

I then decided to cancel all further YP payments on my credit card. Then the YP collections department started calling, they insisted they would have someone contact me since all I ever wanted to do was make changes on my account (not cancel). I spoke to more people in the collections department than I ever did in customer service. After a few months of this someone in collections said that YP is going to credit my account because the services were not working. The credit was for $150.00 (I had given them $700.00 so far which might not be a lot to some people but it's a lot to me since I am just starting my business)!

To wrap this up. I am now in collections and have a collection agency calling for the remaining balance of my contract. My attorney who has experience with YP litigations has advised me to pay them because they are the worse company to deal with and the dollar amount is lower than $1,000 (his words). After all this I am exhausted and will have paid YP $1,400 for a service that did not work. I am appalled that a company with such stature like YP can get away with scamming business owners. YP Marketing is a scam.

Hi Eli,

I have been unable to reach you regarding your concern. I have sent to your personal email final resolution. If you need any additional assistance, please contact me.

Hi Eli,

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I was solicited with a call from the sales representative and bought into a year advertising program. They mislead me with what I receive in the program. I tried to call in and their representatives were very unqualified to answer my questions and tell me what keywords they used, or what is the landing page. I'm now locked on an expensive advertisement for a year with absolutely no results - I didn't get 1 lead in 3 months of advertisement with YP. Please avoid at all cost!

Good Morning,

We have received your request to cancel. However, your account has already been cancelled effective 12/9/16. Your account balance is also 0.0.

Shenette

YP

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We have used YP for our online advertising for several years and have decided to terminate our contract due to the overall lack of traffic driven to our company for over $1000 a month. After speaking to our account manager we were told that they are canceling our account in October and we will not renew our service with them. We have been billed continuously since getting email confirmation from the account manager. I imagine this is the standard of operating for YP as they can derive more revenue from charging unaware clients and drawing out the dispute process.

YP Marketing Solutions

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed by Karmita T. I will be reaching out to you in 24-48hrs to speak with you regarding your concerns.

During this period, You're welcome to contact me directly at (866) 228 0248 with any additional feedback.

Respectfully

YP

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We started this saga in October of 2016. I signed a contract in 2012 and they have renewed my contract without my consent or signature. I thought I had my problem resolved when I spoke to Hillary, case #**. She was the only person that offered any help out of the 11 associates I spoke to since speaking with her. Our agreement was reversed by Frances and I was never notified of any changes when I got a bill stating that I was past due. Since then, I have gotten the runaround. The customer service at YP is the WORST I have ever dealt with. I have spent numerous hours on the phone to no avail and with everyone giving me a different story. Until my issue is resolved I will withhold payment. When dealing with this company (which I highly advise against) make sure you write down dates and times of calls, taking notes is crucial because they will just try to give you the runaround in the hopes that you will just give up.

Good Afternoon Mr. Fernandez,

Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to my attention. Looks like you and I have spoken regarding your concerns previously. I would be more than happy to discuss with you further. I will be contacting you shortly to see if there is more I can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

It is clear now why this company has been sued so many times and there are so many complaints. 16 months later, 3 representatives, and $960 lighter I still don't have a functioning website. Oh yeah and they want another $890, every department is not in communication with the other, logic defies their practices. For example a website is designed to drive traffic to a company. Well when the contact link doesn't work to a Gmail account and being a mobile business, it makes it tough to generate leads. (That was explicitly stressed by the first rep, the second rep couldn't spell.) When the link to a partner company doesn't exist it makes it hard to offer a key component of my business, 24-hour roadside service and towing.

I had to sell off 40K worth of assets to avoid bankruptcy because this organization is crooked or just plain stupid. I had to have an attorney send a letter just to keep it up and running. Worst experience of my life, oh for the record I have a MBA, have turned many a failing business to successful ones, and created many business from the ground up, this one got cut short due to these idiots, wish the government would step in and shut them down.

Good Afternoon Mr. Rowe,

I attempted to reach you regarding your advertisement concerns, however I was unsuccessful. I have left you a voice mail with my contact information. If you need assistance, please contact me directly.

Good Afternoon Mr. Rowe,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and to apologize for your experience. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I own a plumbing business and have been scammed of 850.00 per month for 6 month contract. I'm having to hire another advertising company to fix their mistakes such as 2 websites 2 Facebooks. Who does that. That's ruins your credibility with google search engines. They have ripped me off. I should be paying half the cost per month. This is so sad. Very unhappy with the amount I'm spending for a bunch of mistakes that I'm going to have to pay another company to fix. I'm considering contacting the attorney general about this. I called customer service and all they said was they would look into this. Haven't heard back.

Hi Tami,

Joe @ YP

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I cannot say enough bad things about YP. It was an absolute fraud. Not one thing I was promised came to be. From the beginning I should have known it was a fraud when they charged my credit card before they even began to do any work. I purchased a package with "a team" to help market my company. There was no team. If the click through went live I was never informed, nor informed about the success, better yet the failure. They tried to say we received calls (I was told we would have a separate phone number they called from so we could see when they called from YP, which never happened). We track 100% of our calls asking each caller how they heard about us. Not one called said from an online link. We do drill everyone who says "internet" to see why they would search for us, or what brought them to us. I called and e-mailed the sales person several times with no response. The program is a total fraud and rip-off.

My story is like many I've seen on this site. YP reps visited me in the first month I opened up my medspa business. They promised me that they would get me 10 calls a month, guaranteed. They only offered me a year long contract at $500/month. Nothing else was offered. They told me this was the minimum I could sign up for. In my being so green at business, I believed them and signed a year contract.

For months I have not been getting the service that was promised me. I requested in July that they cancel my contract due to the terrible call quality I was receiving. I receive wrong number calls, robocalls, and solicitation calls. They are counting these calls in as viable calls. They admitted they weren't performing up to standard in an email to me, and credited my account for 2 months of the contract period. I continue to receive NO service from this company, and I receive collection phone calls every week to pay for something I am not getting. They keep saying they will make a note, but they still continue to harass me.

My attorney emailed the manager of my account indicated legal action against the company. Apparently it didn't get sent to anyone! Now they will only give me a mailing address to the legal department. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall with this company. I would never recommend this company to even my worst enemy. I am STILL dealing with this distress.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile