1.77/5
  • 1 star
Based on 176 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now a member of the DexYP product lineup, YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

Call us today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

709 YP Marketing Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I signed up for YP.com services with the understanding the cost was $130 PER YEAR, NOT PER MONTH. Even though I spoke with my contact 4 times before agreeing to sign up with the service, somehow this BIG fact was never disclosed to me. Even the breakdown of the invoice provided no extra clarification, never giving the total annual cost of $1560/year. I was also not informed of the 10 day grace period. I would NEVER agree to this service had the sales team fully disclosed the ANNUAL COST. I believe they intentionally failed to disclose this cost because they knew I would never agree to it.

My business made $5000 last year. It is obvious and self evident, that I would never spend 30% of my gross income ($1560) on advertising with YP. The sales team was well aware my business is VERY SMALL and knew I cannot afford this service. I believe they chose to be vague regarding the breakdown of costs, in order to mislead me into signing the agreement. On top of all this, the marketing gains explained by their sales rep have not materialized. Instead, this service has only disrupted my business with telemarketing and scam calls. I am seeing a pattern of falsely representing YP services.

I called my contact at YP to cancel my account. He picked up the phone right away and promised to look into it - then never called me back and started avoiding my calls. In our last conversation, rather than helping to resolve the issue he suggested that I if I couldn’t afford the service, I “shouldn’t pay” the invoices that YP sends to me. I started a claim with YP support, which was promptly closed the next day without a single attempt on YP’s end to contact me. YP stated that the claim had been resolved, which obviously is not true.

I contacted the customer hotline for YP to get a hold of sales contact’s manager. After 15 minutes of circular conversation they disclosed a contact email. I laid everything out in an email and received a quick reply saying that they could not help me, but that they were forwarding a message to the supervisor who could help. After a day with no response, I sent a follow up email directly to the supervisor who had been forwarded the email. I never received a response, and this was a month ago.

In summary, I believe YP is in the business of misleading their customers and misrepresenting their services. Their sales tactics and apathetic customer service is abusive. The product that was sold to me when I initially spoke with their sales team is not what was represented in their terms of service. I think my request is reasonable given the circumstances, and any honest company would not hesitate to resolve this issue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Our business has advertised with YP for over the past 10 years. We had always had a local rep come by to go over our ad. Apparently sometime during 2014-2015 their local office closed and accounts were moved to Dallas. A Dallas rep reached out via telephone and mail to go over the ad and get it approved for both pricing and ad details. Just as in the past the ad was approved and an agreement was reached.

However in 2016 we never heard from anyone from YP and according to their collections dept. our billing somehow went into automatic renewal, even though it was never agreed to be automatically renewed. There was never a contract, an agreement, an attempt on their part to reach out to us either by email, letter, or by mail. Just a bill we received starting in January of this year. My husband has called, asking for a copy of the contract, etc... and they won't provide him with one. Now they have our account in collection and we are receiving nothing but harassment calls. We have constantly denied that we owe this debt. We never agreed to nor were ever notified that our account was automatically renewed, nor were we ever allowed to make changes, or have our monthly costs lowered. Very deceptive trade practices at best!!!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I received a call from YP Advertising Solutions several months ago. Mr. Ricky ** (who is no longer with the company) promised to set up an advertising campaign to generate 2 to 3 calls per day. The cost? $300/month for six months. I did this because I thought over the next 6 months it would be good to have this volume of new customers. Instead, I am not receiving that many new leads per month. It would appear it is costing $100 per lead!!! NO ONE WILL STOP THIS MADNESS! I have called and called. Shame on YP!

Hi Francine -

Client satisfaction is what we aim for, and I apologize that we didn't hit the mark regarding your experience. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be in contact with you to address this matter at length.

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2017

to be honest, the company has responded to me very well and they promised to resolve the problem.... hopefully it will not be a trick

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I have never had a such bad horrible experience before, everything is terrible starting from the dishonesty and the fake promises beside the customer service. When the sales representative visited our office he confirmed that we can only try YP for 3 months and if we found it not worth it we can cancel it before the 3rd month, it took us almost a month fighting over the phone with the customer service just to get a phone call from a sales manager which finally she called us and she gave us also a fake appointment to come and talk to us face to face, she never show up or even answered her phone and when she finally answered she said, "So sorry. I was travelling" (CAN YOU IMAGINE TO GIVE US AN APPOINTMENT AND SHE TRAVELS WITHOUT EVEN RESCHEDULING).

And then she said, "I will call you back" and that took another 10 days and finally we called her again, at the end she said, "NO. I can't cancel anything because I see here that YP is doing very good to your company" although for the last 3 months we have been tracking all our new clients and none of them even mentioned the YP and she start talking to me as if I was born yesterday and say, "We put you on over 350 websites. We set you up on Google" which of course is a big fake pretense as we have our online marketing with all these different websites way before we even signed up with the YP, and when I mentioned that I am not surprised from all what has been happening as I saw everywhere huge amount of horrible reviews she accused me that I have been disrespectful to her and to her company...

Please be careful and do not waste your time and waste your money and read all the other reviews... And of course now nothing is gonna happen except a response to this review saying, "So sorry for your frustration and bla bla bla" but I promise that this review will be all over the internet. I CAN'T EVER EXPLAIN MY FRUSTRATION.

Hi Antonious -

I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account experience. This is definitely a matter that we would like to look into, address all concerns and attempt to try and resolve. You'll be contacted by our Executive Claims Team regarding this matter.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After 5 months into my $552 per month internet contract, I became curious about lack of activity and printed all phone calls from YP internet. After going through the list I found that most calls were from areas outside of my county and service area. I determined that I got one job that was a repair for $300. $2762 for one small job. I called them to explain this problem. They had someone call that said that the program was new and my ad campaign needed to be adjusted. This woman declared that she would treat my account as if it were her own. We went over territories and keywords. After about a month there was no improvement.

They then stated that 4-5 good leads a month would be a good performance. That would not cover the advertising cost. Advertising is supposed to create jobs and profit, not loss of money. They can't guarantee how much you should profit, but you should never have to take a loss. If you are advertising with YP, I suggest that you do a complete audit of all aspects.

Hi Randall -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Our Executive Claims Team will look into your account performance and reach out to you in an effort to resolve.

Ed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have been unsatisfied with the service presented by YP Presence. The sales rep promised features that I haven’t seen yet. Below are some of the misrepresentations I’ve experienced: 1. All features of YP Presence will cascade to other sites (including reviews, which is untrue). 2. The contract is monthly (when I tried to cancel was the first time they mentioned a year term, then shoved the contract in my face). 3. You will receive leads (not one yet). 4. I have the option to downgrade the "services per contract". Getting the subscription was the worst business decision I have made thus far as it is literally a waste of money... Something has to be done as I am going to write them and file a complaint ASAP!!!

Good afternoon, Desmond -

The experience outlined is definitely not one that we want any of our valued clients to have. I apologize for the dissatisfaction surrounding your account. We'll be reaching out to you to address all concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Yp.com has a free business listing. Great except they have listed my business and put incorrect information refusing to add my license number in the title which is required by Florida law. I want them to correct it or REMOVE MY BUSINESS. I tried to upload a picture which has my license in it and these idiots keep removing it. YP is in violation of Florida law by posting my businesses without my license numbers. I have filed a complaint with the Texas AG and the FTC. I also requested that they communicate only by email which they have ignored entirely. I am not able to speak due to a medical condition. I'm absolutely disgusted that this company is operating this way in the United States. YP is an embarrassment to say the least.

Hello Steph -

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience as a result. We'll promptly be reaching out to you concerning the outlined matter.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

A very persuasive and confident sales rep came along and exuded confidence and savvy about taking care of all of our marketing needs. The only reason we agreed to spend our entire advertising budget on the plans she presented is that it would take work off of us and she arranged a special deal for us that we would be able to cancel after 6 months if we were dissatisfied. We started by advertising for the summer season (we do extracurricular activities for school aged kids). It took a lot of time and communication to get the landing page to be usable. It ended up just confusing our returning customers; especially since our ad would only really come up when people searched our company name!!! We are already the first result for our own name!!!

Well, now it's almost Christmas and YP is still advertising for summer camps for us. We've opened multiple cases to ask for changes, but they just keep calling us to find out what the issue is, then closing the case a few weeks later without doing anything. We have gotten less conversions of leads to customers from them in 5 months than we used to get from a Google ad words budget of $600, and we have been paying them $1600/month! We have gotten a dozen phone calls from their ads, and 9 of those were our own customers asking about picking up their kids. I think one new call was actually related to what we do. Now we're trying to cancel and they're saying that we have no such agreement. We are a small business and can't afford to throw money around. If you are in the same situation, I recommend staying 100ft away from YP.

Hi Leo -

Our apologies for the issues outlined regarding your account and that the matter hasn't been resolved to this point. Executive Claims will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working to resolve.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Over 4 years ago I signed up for a 12-month contract with YP online. In that four years the ad never paid for itself so I tried to cancel it last week and they told me that I owe them another 12 months that I can't cancel because I had another contract with them which I didn't and don't. They told me the contract renews every year and that if I didn't pay them they would take me to collection.

I never verbally agreed to a new contract. I never signed a new contract. They said that they had sent me a letter saying that the contract renewed. I will never use this company again. Kyle ** 800 479 2977 told me I can't cancel my contract right now that he can put in for it sometime later this year. I never agreed to a new contract and I never signed anything or verbally agreed to anything. But they're billing me for another $1,200 for the year. Would love to have this taken care of asap since I see YP response to these claims. But I also see all the responses are generic. Make my company look good PR responses. If YP really wants to help I own **. To be Fair though the ad was okay but never really resulted in any business.

Good afternoon, Sonny -

I'm sorry to know of your unhappiness surrounding the performance of your account. We'll look into the concerns relayed and promptly reach out to you in an effort to try and resolve this matter.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My account rep promised results. My business doesn't even show on a basic search. Instead 8 companies that are out of business populate the first page. My rep says to refresh the page three times before I'll show. He cannot explain why out of business companies who obviously aren't paying for advertising, show before my business that IS paying for advertising. I cannot find my listing unless I do a specific search for my business name. Now my rep says "You have a twelve month contract. You're stuck!" I say "breach of contract on YP.com." Think very seriously before advertising with YP.com.

Hi Keith -

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding your account. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to discuss all concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I originally inquired because our business changed name and ownership, yet reviews during the previous owners and name continue to stay up. I have spent several weeks trying to resolve this issue and no one seems to be able to help. They just tell me a case was sent to customer service, then I hear nothing.

Good morning, Eric -

Our apologies for the issues encountered and the lack of follow up to this point. Expect a call from our Client Care Team as they will be reaching out to you soon regarding this matter.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We paid for a package that cost nearly 1500 a month, and after the guarantee of leads we received not ONE lead in four months. After canceling our contract we were still billed 810 dollars. We have been given the runaround for weeks now about why our money is still not refunded... First it would be 48 hours... then 5-6 business days, now another 5-6 business days. This is despicable.

Hello Brianna -

My apologies for the issues relayed. We hate to lose you as a valued client, but certainly understand your request to cancel.

This matter has been escalated and our Client Care Team will look into this issue and reach out to you in an effort to resolve.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Online advertising. They want you to sign a contract, then they're done with you. Bad customer service and false promises! I was told adjustments would be made if the campaign wasn't working. No callbacks or responses to e-mails.

Hello Gary -

We hate to hear that you're not happy with your account. Client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here. We'll be reaching out to you in an attempt to address and resolve this matter.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Just awful... They should not be in this business any longer. Their "free listing" dashboards for business owners can't be accessed. "Edit your Profile" button takes you to a broken link (404 error message). It is not possible to update business information (example: Hours of operation) without access to this page. I believe this internal problem is being manufactured by YP on purpose, so that business owners will be forced to use their paid advertising services. FYI: I am not novice to online marketing. I handle all the online marketing for my company including; Google Adwords, Google My Business, Yelp for Business Owners, Bing, Yahoo, etc. YP is by far the least user friendly of them all. Time to hang it up YP! If you can't represent a business properly you shouldn't probably be in the business of representing them at all. And not to mention you're misleading your customers as well.

Mike -

I'm sorry to hear of the issues encountered regarding system complications and apologize for any inconvenience. We'll look into the concerns outlined and a representative will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. YP only knew my dad when it was time for the $9,000 check that he so just paid without questions. The 3 or 4 new person on this account in last year said, "Oh but Eric gave you a 2% discount for paying early or all of it." I wouldnt buy this if you gave a 98% discount. I am stupid no degree in anything and yet I am doing 5X more business with free ads than YP (I know cause I ask the people how they found me). I am so busy I cant keep up. And all with free ads. And yet YP was going to call me at 930am and yet no one did. Maybe it cause for some ** reason they choose to put their business in central time zone and called me at 1030 eastern when I'm busy as hell.

So today on Saturday I have free time for once lol. I call YP they're closed. Wtf. Oh guess they dont offer 24 hour support. Cause I want to know why my dashboard just spins and spins and dont load. Wont load on Chrome or Firefox. And I even downloaded Chrome just for YP cause that what the piece of ** sale rep said to do. I made a video of it spinning and sent it to a so called manager. He sent me back message, "I can't help you. You will have to talk to your sale rep." ** YP. Fix the **. Get me more business than free ads. Do your ** job. For 9 grand do something. Chicken **...

Hi Floyd -

I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined regarding your account satisfaction. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience as a result of the outlined issues. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Business owners, be careful with I was they billed two months after I canceled my account and refuse to rebate my money. They claim it is because they posted the ads however that is their mistake, not mine.

Hello Gary -

We hate to hear of this billing matter and would be happy to look into it for you. Please expect a call from our Client Care team as they will be promptly reaching out to you.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I normally do not write reviews but this company has put a bad taste in my mouth. They offered me free advertisement, to try for 30 days, then go and charge my card after I emailed canceling prior to the 30 days. To go and forge my signature on a contract that I never seen nor agreed to. And on top of this all I can't get a return call or email from anyone regarding this theft.

Hello Susset -

I'm sorry to hear of this matter. Our Client Care Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

In 03/2016 I signed for an online YP advertising campaign with sales rep Patrick **. Mr. ** was our sales rep with ReachLocal and had just switched jobs. He convinced us saying YP was a better company and promised an tremendous improvement with YP. The YP campaign never took off! We kept paying $1300 monthly because Mr. ** kept promising the campaign would take-off. He even had his manager, Martin ** come to visit us 2xs promising improvement. We finally cancelled the campaign in Sept. 2017, at the time Mr. **, said "my hands are tied, so sorry." Mr. ** also promised to talk to his manager to have the last 3 months credited due to lack of service since our campaign never took off as promised.

When I kept getting bills I contacted Mr. ** and he eventually stopped receiving calls and answering emails. I then contacted Joe **, in corporate. Mr. ** seemed to care and made me feel he could help me. I submitted all the evidence and he also stopped responding. Until I got a bill from a collector! Mr. ** then responded and said “We did our part, you have to pay(?)” Our business is now getting threatening calls and an email from Rauch-Milliken International Inc for a balance of $4612.26. We should not have to pay when they're representative Mr. Patrick ** did not offer what he had promised us! This is very distressing. We are now back with ReachLocal.

Hi Gen -

I apologize for any frustration regarding this matter. Our Client Care Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working towards a resolution

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

YP marketing did a great job of sending mostly both traffic to my site. I discovered this is a result of the Google Ad Words they placed for me. I tried to bring this up to my rep only to be told, "I really wanted you to succeed, and all I get is this crap?" Notably, Google is refunding their customers for these fraudulent ads **. I am curious as to whether or not YP has been a recipient of any of these refunds; my guess is they have. If so, I want my money back.

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our Client Care Team will be contacting you regarding your questions/concerns.

- Ed

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We told soliciting salesman that we did not want to renew. He was told that we might consider lesser alternatives if he would come to our business like they had in the past, but he maintained no one would come to our location to discuss it (as they had done for many years in the past). We were sent a contract for renewal by mail anyway (more than a month after the supposed deadline) and it wasn't signed but they did not disclose anything about an "autorenewal" or need for email cancellation. Not only did we get a bill for continued advertising, but it increased. We tried to get the matter resolved by email and phone they always said the sales manager or supervisor would call to discuss in 24-48 hours and no one ever called the given number.

Hi Brett -

I'm sorry to hear of this matter and apologize for any inconvenience. Our Client Care Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working towards a resolution

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I'm noticing that at least people are getting responses on here. All I'm looking for is a response. My sales rep is missing in action, 2 different account manager will not return emails. This is for a $1000/month advertising package. They want you to sign a contract, lock you in, and once you sign, they're done with you. Hopefully this review will at least get someone to reach out. Will never work with YP again. Do yourself a favor and follow the other reviews on here. Work with Google AdWords or anything but YP.

Hi Nick,

I am so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your experience with us and hate to hear we've lost you as a valued client.

I have escalated this matter to our Client Care team to promptly reach out and resolve.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We got a call saying we owed a bill for online advertising. Neither my husband nor I signed up for this service. Supposedly we were to pay at the end of a year. We never would have agreed to that kind of contract. We run an ad in the YP phone book and pay for it in our monthly bill. We have asked for a copy of the agreement and have gotten nothing but phone calls demanding payment. At the moment we are contemplating filing a complaint with the attorney general.

Hi Tracey,

I'm so sorry to hear of the matter outlined and apologize for all inconveniences as a result.

I have escalated this matter to our Client Care to promptly reach out and resolve.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I started with YP in 2014. They offered many ideas as to how my business would prosper with them. I can not say I've received one call yet that led to a using of my service. Through my fault I remained with them thinking things would change. Their contract is the opposite of just about any other one. They require the advertiser to write them in a ten day period [their time], and cancel your contract. If not done, they just assume you want to continue with them. Nothing is signed by either party. Their own internet advertising contract is bad. After reading this form which contains their 10 day crap, the very last part states [by your signature below, you warrant that you have received a copy and have read this agreement, including all of its parts. That you have full authority to sign for and bind advertiser and that you agree to all the terms of this agreement].

I never signed or dated this contract thinking that my contract would expire on September 30th 2017 as stated by YP's own contract. Mine said canceled on this date. I belong to the BBB and called my rep. and mentioned this practice to her. Without saying anything about YP, she said to stay away from YP. They have so many complaints against them. Anyone that even thinks about advertising, I tell them to stay clear of YP. Advertising is expensive as you all know. We all need to work together to eliminate these cancers that hurt our small business world!!!

Hi Richard,

We're so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your experience with us and any inconveniences that have occurred as a result.

I have escalated this matter to our Client Care team for prompt follow up to address and resolve all outstanding concerns.

Nichole

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This is my second review since 2016. I can't believe I'm still dealing with this a year later. I cancelled this service within a few days of signing up in June of 2016. I cancelled with my YP rep, and sent a letter. They say the rep never cancelled and that the letter wasn't received. I'm interested to read on these reviews that many people cancelled simply through email, so it seems there are different rules for different people. I continued to receive incessant calls asking for payment. Each time, I told them, I cancelled already. They told me, "You didn't cancel, you only requested to cancel." Can you believe that?! I've wasted countless hours on the phone with these people who try to bleed money out of me for a service I didn't want and that was cancelled.

I've been trying to pay this for weeks, to get YP out of my life for good and I'm being told that this department has been dissolved and that I need to pay nearly $3,000 to settle an account that was cancelled within the first week! How is it my problem that they dissolved the department? How does that explain that they want close to $3,000 now? This has been the worst experience ever. Please be careful people. I don't want anyone to go through what I've been through.

Hi Margaret,

I sincerely apologize for what you have been put through. I have made an escalation for your case and a representative from client care will be in contact with you soon.

Thanks,

Brooke

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

We are EXTREMELY upset and disappointed with our Yellow Pages Representative and Account. We wish to cancel our contract IMMEDIATELY. I feel my husband and I were fed a bunch of bull to make us feel as though Yellow Pages would really stand by us and help us grow our business when in fact, we have been ignored, dismissed, and treated like garbage. We were not given a copy of our contract to review before being encouraged into signing, and we were not given a copy of the contract afterwards, even though we were told it would be emailed to us.

Our Yellow Pages ad contained the incorrect capitalization for over 3 weeks and made us look foolish, had an address on it we did not want on there and had told our representative that we did not want on the site when we signed up, and we are not in the "Top 5" like he promised us. We are #77, behind gun stores and gunsmiths who have had their businesses CLOSED for many, many years. Who would look at that?

EVERY single phone call to our "Representative" is ignored. When our "Representative" finally does get back to us, he's been sick (why can't someone else call us? Why can't he text or email us?) or he has been "in training from 8am to 8pm every day." Really? 8am to 8pm? Seriously? We don't believe it. Every single time it's a different excuse, and he is such a smooth talker.

After our first appointment, he was supposed to get in touch with us early the next week to make a follow up appointment, and nothing...no call, no return call, no reply at all... dead air. Then he suddenly calls up four days after he was supposed to call and says he was sick. So, you can't text, or email, or have someone else at the office make a phone call for you? How rude.

For the next appointment, he called in the morning to confirm for 12 noon, then blew us off. I called him at 12:38 pm and he said he was just down the street. The excuse that time was he had a customer who suddenly had an opening to see him, so he went to see this guy instead of going to meet us for our scheduled appointment. He didn't call, text, to tell us he was running late; just "Oh, my other customer had an opening right then."

This past week, we have called him once a day and finally went through the "Support Staff" (800) 479-2977 number rigmarole because the capitalization and address issue on our business listing and advertisement that was supposed to have been fixed at the beginning of the month. This was the second call due to our problems (we have the reference numbers to back this up). We told the Service Rep to cancel the contract, only then did we get transferred to someone on the phone (Kim) that acted concerned about our problems.

Our "Representative" that sold us the service never called back until this morning (Friday) and said he was in training from 8am to 8pm all week. Who has training from 8am to 8pm? Why can't he return a call, or at least text on a break or lunch? Why can't someone else take over while he is in training? Customer service are two words that YP needs to actually read about or at least Google them.

We have put in 3 phones calls for a Supervisor to call us back, each time we are told to wait 24-48 hours. We have asked to cancel the contract due to being screwed over, but are told we have to talk to our representative. How is that fair and how do we talk to him when he never calls us back for days on end? We have never received a phone call or email from any Supervisor. Why should we pay for incompetence on YP's behalf, would you?

When we finally spoke to him today, he is rushed and hurried and says "Everyone wants to cancel due to lousy service right now, but we can't cancel because of the contract. The company Yellow Pages (YP) was just bought out by Dex (?), and YP is understaffed and we ARE in the top 5 listings." He doesn't even know what's going on with our ad! My husband had to tell him that No, we are NOT in the top 5 listing, not even on the first 2 pages of listings and he printed the screenshot to prove it. "I don't have time now, but I will look into it" was the reply. We want to cancel due to Yellow Pages not meeting their end of the deal, and for false representation of how they can "grow our business" and for all of the dreams he told us to sell a contract, and for the absolutely awful customer service.

WE WANT TO CANCEL OUR CONTRACT. WHY SHOULD ANYONE PAY FOR DISRESPECT? Yellow Pages has done nothing for us but add stress to getting our business started and take our money! We want NOTHING to do with the Yellow Pages. We are being treated rudely and unfairly and want resolution. We will continue to tell everyone we know what happened to us until someone listens and cancels this contract. False promises, taking advantage of new business owners, no customer service skills at all, never receiving our copy of the contract, NO, this is not fair and we won't put up with it. Please someone, hear us and end this nightmare!

Updated on 10/27/2017: Ok, so we finally heard from a representative from Dex Solutions who seemed very understanding and offered to waive the first month's bill, however, just logging on today, our name is wrong and the wrong picture is up under the profile. Seriously? Also, I checked on our "clicks" and there is just 1 for the week. Yes folks, just 1. So we are supposed to pay $250.00 a month for 4 clicks a month?

I am ready to fight this - Yellow Pages or Dex, or whoever you are, you are NOT supplying the level of quality of service that you promised. HOW IN THE ** is our ad STILL WRONG?? This is gross negligence and extremely poor customer service. The name of our business is Gun Doctor Nevada. NOT Gun Doctor "Of" Nevada. How ridiculous!! It was right for one week, why was it changed?

I am ready to post all these reviews on Facebook, Craigslist, Periscope, Twitter, Yelp, everywhere I can to get the word out - DO NOT buy into this scam and for the love of all that is Holy, DO NOT listen to David... First class "salesman" if you get my meaning.

WE WANT OUT OF OUR CONTRACT! I am reading reviews where other people got out of their contract, why can't we? We are extremely upset and disappointed beyond words, for about the 4th time now. We are not satisfied or happy in any measure - we feel that Yellow Pages (YP) has not lived up to their end of the contract - WE WANT OUT! This is an egregious way to treat new business owners. Please release us from this incompetent business connection. We want NOTHING to do with Yellow Pages, they have NOT lived up their many promises. WE WANT TO CANCEL OUR CONTRACT!

Hi Anna -

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction regarding your account performance and for the lack of follow up during your attempts to discuss your concerns.

Account satisfaction and customer service both of major importance to us. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Horrible experience with YP! Said I would be getting around 40 leads a week, and not a soul calls. Charging an excessive amount of money for no revenue. Worst marketing company ever! Called to cancel and was stated that it wasn't possible because you have to wait for them to steal your money if not then it'll go to collection. It’s hard enough trying to run a business without having these thieves in your pockets.

Hi Teresa -

We hate to hear of your dissatisfaction surrounding your account performance. We'll be reaching out to you regarding this matter.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I'm trying to claim my business listing that is created and posted by somebody else. This is day number 4 that I am calling with you guys and every time I hear that I will receive a callback within a certain period of time. Of course, I never get a callback from YP. I don't understand how a big company like YP is not able to process such an easy request. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hi Brian -

We're sorry to hear of the issues encountered and for the lack of follow up. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to resolve this matter.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

YP - Yellow Pages is the SPAM of SEARCHES. How do you stop YP from showing up in searches? Overtime YP searches started to show up more and more, and they are useless, and often totally incorrect. Now most searches for any business just fill the screen with YP garbage. I want to eliminate YP from my searches and BAN my accidental opening of a YP page. For something so inaccurate, clunky, and pointless it seems to have taken over my GOOGLE searches. At this point I would even start using a different search engine for business searches to avoid ever having my time wasted, and having to sort through YP SPAM.

Hi Clement,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Resolution response: Oct. 13, 2017

After filing this review I was contacted within a day by a YP executive. Who reviewed my cancellation email that was through human error sent to the wrong person. He recognized this mistake without any excuses and revoked the charges immediately..... My faith in YP has been restored.... We all make mistakes.... And they owned this one and rectified it. Sometimes this world can make you cynical... I'm glad I went through the proper channels... This system definitely works kudos to Consumer Affairs:-)

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased a web presence package and canceled it four hours later when I found out that my website domain name was registered incorrectly. I immediately sent an email cancellation and called. I still have this email which I forwarded to them after I received a bill and after a lot of back and forth. They refuse to recognize my cancellation and wanted their $87 for a service they never provided. After ignoring numerous inquiries regarding the status they forwarded my "account" to a collections agency. I should have listened to the other 600 plus reviews with similar complaints about improper business billing practices. Shame on them.

Cheralee,

I apologize that this has been your experience. I understand your frustration. I have created an escalation and client care has been alerted. They should be in contact with you very shortly.

Brooke

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I called on 10/3/17 to figure out when my contract expired. They told me it was renewed by the previous owner of the business after I purchased it. Which is very odd. My next bill was 500% higher than the previous bills since they are saying the previous owner upgraded the account. This business was bought over 8 months ago. According to them, I don't need to be alarmed since someone will call me back in 24 - 48 hours. Which is the exact same thing they have told me every time I call and no one calls me back (once someone did call back but did not have all the information and told me I would get another call). It’s hard enough trying to run a business without having these thieves in your pockets.

Jamie -

I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have created an escalation and a representative from client care will be in contact with you very shortly.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Information