toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

My business has grown tremendously with my marketing campaign and advertising from YP Marketing Solutions. Pay-per-click can be tricky if you don't know where to put your advertising dollars. The experts at YP can assess all of that and help you make good decisions. I have recommended them to several friends in other businesses.

Hello Stephen,

Just wanted to say thanks for the 5 stars! We are glad we are able to help provide you with an exceptional program. Thank you for advertising with us and we wish you continued success with your business.

Original review: March 31, 2017

We have seen substantial results from our ads and love the technology to track and even hear phone calls. It's a great way to make sure your employees are handling the incoming calls properly and use as a tool to teach them if not.

I wouldn't even try to start with a company like this! Until, I met Jen! I'm a groomer so the computer is not my friend. Jen made this experience so comfortable and relaxed that I knew she was also in it for me. Her patience and drive have really made me appreciate her time. Always checking in on ME and my Business made it more of a friendship feeling not just another business call on a Friday night. Thank you for making me comfortable in your company!

Pros: Much lower CPC than AdWords, Quality searches resulting in lower cost per conversion, especially for service industries, Can get support from ad sales team fairly quickly. Cons: Very low search volume, Much of data gathering not self-served (i.e. need to get industry keyword research from ad sales team), Manual data input (i.e. no copy-paste feature for multiple ad groups/keywords).

360 video was a nice addition; however, it was not active and a rep named Michelle ** reached out to us to resolve the issue. She was able to retrieve a credit for the $ we paid for months of non-service. I do not wish to continue with the ad.

Hi Jo,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: April 20, 2017

I would have left ZERO stars but it wasn't allowed... So it appears their company has a very bad reputation for taking advantage of their clients making promises you have no intentions on keeping... I should have known better than to get involved with a large company who thinks they can simply take people's hard earned money with nothing to show for it.

After MANY attempts at continuously having to work with them to babysit my ad, my ad is still wrong, no phone call or follow through at all from any so called "manager" who I truly feel is in over his head since he obviously doesn't care to contact me regarding my issue, or is it simply that he receives so many complaints each day he has no idea where to even begin? This is what happens when you put someone in a position of authority who isn't ready to be there...

I am so disgusted at myself for falling for this trap. So, for the next 11 months it appears this is what I can expect. I get completely screwed out of $116.40/month with horrible customer service with no ability to correct my ads since no one will follow through now knowing there is no way to make things right so they don't even bother to try.

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience! After reading some of these other reviews, I guess they are too busy suing the big fish for unpaid moneys they didn't get after they received the same horrible service, so I am not even worth their time... How do they sleep at night knowing they are taking people for money they don't have?? I know I won't hear back. It appears they enjoy hiding behind their wall where they feel safe. Just know I have everything fully documented. This is the worst company I have ever done business with in my life!

And regarding the only one-line email response to me from their so called "manager"... No! You have not fixed my issues. So you have not made my requested corrections. I am still listed in a category I do not wish to be listed in, as I have been since day one when I made the grave mistake of allowing the sales rep talk me into this ridiculous commitment using analytical data that only they can see. I guess they figure since I am receiving clicks on my ad that they have done their job... NO! Because my ad is wrong! I have yet to convert one sale, and in the first month I have had 2 phone calls both of which are for the category I have repeated told them I should not be listed in! It isn't about clicks; it is about overall ROI - KPI analysis is about PERFORMANCE. Conversions! Not just clicks on a very incorrect ad that I have attempted many times to correct.

Now I know why their legal team requires all of the "agreements" to be recorded over the phone. It is also very apparent to me why they don't do like any good reputable company would do and offer a free 30-day trial. Because they know no one would ever sign on!! Last time I ever do business with a large corporation... you think just because you are huge that you can take advantage of people. Very sad...

I want to take the time to thank YP for stellar advertising knowledge and for always being there to help me grow my business! I have been a client and a fan of YP for quite some time and can truly testify that advertising with this company has exposed my business to new clients through the quality suggestive services that are available. The representatives are accommodating and make you feel like family. Thank you YP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Joel is top of the line. I am very satisfied with all my advertising. When I had any issue Joel and the YP staff got right on it and got me back up and running. Their web designs are very professional, and it is nice to have someone watching my back online. One less thing I have to deal with.

I like that the YP representatives will work with our businesses to find a program that works for all of them. It is not a one size fits all approach. They are willing to offer suggestions without trying to "oversell" and be pushy with their products.

Good Afternoon Troy,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I completely understand your frustration and I am sorry to hear. I will look into you issues right away and I will be contacting you in the next 24-48 hrs to see how we can work this out.

Respectfully,

Karmita

Original review: April 13, 2017

I noticed from the beginning of listing with YP.com that my paid listing was wrong. I've asked my sales rep and customer service over a half dozen times to fix my listing and as of today 4/12/17 it's still not correct. I have stopped paying my invoices. I will not pay until this is fixed.

Good Afternoon Glen,

As noted in the email submitted today, we are sorry to learn of the difficulties you've experienced with your YP advertising program. At YP , our primary goal is providing directories and customer service of the finest quality. After thoroughly researching the Accelerated Tax Solutions account, our findings are outlined below:

As a former Sales Manager for YP, we are sure you are aware that YP stands by it’s products and services. In this instance, we may not have lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves and our customers. Per the correspondence between the Sales Executive and Corporate Executive Team in January 2017, YP’s offer to reduce the total balance due to compensate for the performance issues experienced during the time the Search/YP.com Ads were live (10/2014 – 06/2015).

At this time, we are also offering to waive all late fees accessed. This will allow the performance adjustments to be deducted from the original balance due. A 30 day hold has been placed on collection efforts.

In addition, we have received your response rejecting the above offer. We are willing to speak regarding your request to discuss the offer further. Please be advised, it is a firm offer.

Original review: April 12, 2017

If you own a business and want to use Y.P... STOP... READ THIS & BEWARE! My company contracted with Y.P. in late 2014 for a National Digital footprint on the Y.P. local platform. Our monthly spend level was $13,000.00 monthly. I decided on Y.P. because I was very familiar with the company and what I thought were their "White Glove" practices. I told my Senior Leadership team that Y.P. had a "Managed and Tracked" program that was perfectly designed for our company. It was a targeted "Leads" program that was managed locally through a "Circle of Care" department which I was also familiar with. After the Internet Operations Group finally got us live as multiple errors and delays on our Virtual Tour and Website, we performed at a very disappointing level, well below the targeted lead amount we contracted for.

I reached out on multiple occasions to local sales to let them know that my company was very unhappy with the performance as it was trending at LESS THAN 50% of contracted lead target. I asked local sales to PLEASE pull the "Levers" needed to get us to the target of 150 monthly that we contracted for, as I had seen done dozens of times as part of the SOP's in this "Specialty Program" but no levers were ever pulled and no communication back from Y.P. was ever given. I repeatedly reached out via telephone, email, texts to local sales, District Level and finally a Presidential Complaint to voice our concerns and disappointment, all while still paying our monthly $13,000.00 bill.

After 3 months of auto-pay, I stopped the payments to Y.P. with the hope that doing so would get the attention of Circle of Care, the Internet Operations Team and the local GM, District Level and Executive Team. At the time, we were one of the largest digital clients in the First Coast. My team here at ATS became ever more frustrated at the lack of communication and action of Y.P. on our behalf as the leads continued to be less than 40% of target EVERY MONTH. The only meeting was with the local Regional Vice President that I knew for years as a colleague that tried to convince me that the pattern would correct itself which never happened.

I sent a letter of cancellation in to Y.P. and once again tried to "Save" Y.P.'s revenue and our intended results by offering to catch up the past due in 1 payment as soon as the contracted "Levers" were pulled and leads picked up. Again, no response from Local Sales, District Level or Internet Operations or the Executive Team. I had spoken with a Senior Vice President of Sales as a last resort and voiced all of our concerns. He offered a $26,000.00 adjustment on the $65,000.00 balance which would leave us a balance of $39,000.00 which the moneys already paid would bring the balance to $0.00. Since we received no additional targeted leads, my owners felt that since they have already paid $39,000.00 the $26,000.00 adjustment should wipe the slate clean and that would be reluctantly acceptable, even as they originally wanted a full refund for Y.P. not fulfilling their end of the contracted agreement.

We felt that the relationship with Y.P. as disappointing as it was, was finally over. We heard nothing again for close to 12 months. Then we received correspondence was from Y.P.'s O.C.A., Gill Law Firm which is taking legal action for over $65,000.00 for an unpaid balance ON TOP OF THE $39,000.00 we already paid, even though we were NOT EVEN LIVE for 8 months. They had zero record of the adjustment we agreed upon to close this complaint. My company is also a law practice and my CEO and President are extremely upset that they feel that Y.P. misrepresented a program to them and never intended to follow through on the contracted leads promised and committed.

We are now going to be forced to pursue this through legal avenues with our own legal team for something that could have been easily rectified from the start.

The only thing my company was expecting was what we signed for and the only thing we expected from Y.P. was what they also agreed to... Delivering the product and services that we signed for... and in the end the final adjustment that we paid our $39,000.00 and part company. Amazing that Y.P. would NEVER call a LARGE client back or visit them knowing how disappointed they were, offer a nominal adjustment to finalize, gain agreement (Reluctantly) and then DROP THE BALL on even that... All we ask is that Y.P. finally get something correct... and live up to just 1 agreement made...

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 21, 2017

I received a call from a YP representative - Kanetta, who read my review, researched my case properly and swiftly took action to resolve this issue. I appreciate her efforts and have therefore decided to change my rating to a 4 because I'm now happy with the outcome. The matter was professionally handled by this representative, and I appreciated her apology, candor and overall way she dealt with this issue.

Hello Sandra,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. I will reach out to you via the phone number and/or email address provided regarding this matter.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: April 12, 2017

I just got a letter from an attorney who is threatening to sue because of an unpaid bill to YP. YP never delivered on their promise of doubling or tripling the revenue of my business as promised. The salesperson said if my business didn't exponentially increase I could call and cancel in less than 30 days. I didn't get one valid customer or phone call through this fraudulent company. DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH YP!!

Hello Bryan,

I would like to apologize for the less than stellar experience that you received with YP. I regret that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience-it is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves on. We value our customers and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service.

I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. It will help us improve our operations and services.

If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, now or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Respectfully Yours,

Original review: April 8, 2017

We purchased a veterinary practice in early 2016. The previous owner wasn't very keen on computers, Internet, social media, etc., so he was paying for an Internet and paper listing for the business. In order to remove the burden from him, we attempted to assume the contract that still had 11 months remaining. We had to resubmit the paperwork twice before they stopped losing it.

Following, they somehow split the bill and were sending one of them incorrectly addressed and to two different account numbers. It took 4 months to get this resolved, and during that time I called support at least 10 times, even reaching someone who was supposedly an escalation point. Each time I was assured that it would be corrected for the following billing cycle. I'd pay the balance over the phone, again being assured that I was paid up correctly. I still received late fees (at least they removed those).

During this time I also contacted the sales rep listed on our account. She told me that she no longer serviced our region and gave me the correct contact information. This was quickly updated in our portal. It took a couple voicemails before I could get a hold of the new sales rep and ask him to get this billing problem fixed. He said he would take care of it, and I didn't hear anything back. After contacting him again toward the end of this debacle, he said he'd hand it off to someone else he worked with. I assume that's what he did. The issue was finally resolved, but I had to follow up to find that out. No phone call to let me know things were sorted.

Which leads me to the end of our contract. After not hearing anything from the sales rep, our contract was up for renewal at the end of last year. I again explained to him the absolute mess of support I had to deal with, my frustration with the fact that he never followed up, and how much time I wasted for a service that doesn't even bring anything to the business.

He then tried to sell me more products, and said that my Google listing would drop if we didn't renew with YP. He performed a screen share session, and attempted to show me what YP was doing for my listing, spouting a bunch of marketing buzzwords. I was performing identical checks with multiple browsers on my side while he was showing me from his screen. I could not duplicate his results. Extremely untrustworthy practices that obviously prey on the lack of understanding of their clients.

To complete their shadiness, after our contract ended, our listing reverted to its previous auto-generated state, with inaccurate information and misspellings. I had to further correct that, and there's still some misinformation that cannot be fixed. And finally, unsurprisingly, my Google listing is still right at the top, and we've had more new clients than ever mention they found us via Google. YP had no impact on our listings and was an absolute waste of money.

Hi Lloyd,

Original review: April 8, 2017

I had been doing my own website with WordPress for my business. It got hacked though and YP had been after me to advertise with them. The postcards were pricey but after a year of YP reps bugging me I thought, "What the heck. I'll let them take over the website so I don't have to worry about it." The sample websites they sent me in an email looked pretty good. The price for them to take control of my existing domain and put the website up was about $90 per month.

It was the worst thing I've ever seen. It looked NOTHING like the examples I'd been shown. It amounted to graphics that I had created for my business and about 2 poorly written paragraphs. Seriously, it would not cut it as a middle school project. I told my rep that I would pay because I had signed the deal (for a year) but I would not be linking to that site from anywhere and it wouldn't be on my business cards or anything else. The upside is that I found out they can't deliver before I spent big money with them.

YP Marketing Solutions

As follow up, Karmita contacted Penny Sullivan April 19, 2017.

Per my voicemail and email notifications, Penny Sullivan informed accounts still in review.

My account investigations include, but not limited to review of; performance reports, vendor notes and details, sales force case history, contractual agreements, recorded calls, email transmittals, etc.

I understand the sense of urgency needed; I will make consorted efforts to get this handled expeditiously.

If the customer has additional questions, have them contact me directly.

Respectfully,

Karmita T @ YP

Original review: April 6, 2017

I just got a letter from an attorney who is threatening to sue because of an unpaid bill to YP. My sister signed a contract (she has since passed away due to a brief and aggressive battle with cancer). YP never delivered on their promise of doubling or tripling the revenue of the business as they promised. The salesperson no longer works for YP and now they want 16K. Not one valid customer or phone call was garnered from this fraudulent company. DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH YP!!

I was extremely satisfied with my experience with YP thus far!!! Everyone I have dealt with so far has been beyond reproach, what y'all have done for our company is outstanding!!! I will more than likely be increasing our advertising once it becomes apparent that it's needed.

Good Afternoon Nancy,

Our records indicate that the YP advertising has been cancelled. We have researched your account and found that there have been multiple requests this week submitted to the Better Business Bureau, as well as directly to our Customer Service Team.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused. We are glad that we were able to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

Shenette, YP

Original review: April 5, 2017

I have used YP Marketing Solutions since 2012, when it was formerly AT&T. Near the end of each year my sales rep (Carolyn **) would phone and email me asking if I would like to continue advertising with them for the next year. She would have me fax my signature on the contract stating I would like to continue with another year. The attached email is the last time I heard from her, or any other rep, which was 8/13/2015. I agreed and sent in my renewal which would end 11/30/2016. I intended to stop advertising with their service at the end that agreement. It was just brought to my attention that since that contract ended, YP has continued to withdraw $50.00 monthly from my credit card on file. I NEVER authorized another year. There is no place in my contract (which was from 8/13/2015) (from Carolyn **) that states anything clearly of an "automatic renewal".

I have contacted YP several times and they have rudely "argued" with me that a letter was sent by YP back in August to my address regarding Renewal Information. I NEVER received any notice whatsoever nor was I ever contacted by ANY rep notifying me of any automatic renewal. I spoke with a Keith ** from YP on the phone 4/4/2017 in regards to this and he very rudely informed me that if I were to stop paying my monthly fees before my said contract ended my account would be sent to the collection agency. I see no where anything that clearly states I would be "Automatically Renewed" if I did not respond back to notify them in writing.

I requested the letter they said was "mailed" to me. As well as the LAST invoice of Advertising Contract I ever received on 8/13/2015. I Never received any notification letter, email or phone call since in regards to Automatic renewal for another year. I have a complaint filed with the BBB on 4/3/2017 regarding this matter with case #** and are waiting for business to respond to them.

Hi Kenneth,

Shenette

Original review: April 4, 2017

Dealing with YP and their collections for services I never ordered nor received for that matter has been hell. It started with a call from a salesmen that told me I'd get listed on google and spouted some ** about the "Flint Super area listing". However as I spoke to him I liked the guy because I thought he was straightforward and so I gave him a chance. I gave him verbal agreement to pull out an initial payment of around $150 from my account. My idea was to use it as a test run. If it worked I would have had no issue with paying him more. After all even one client each month would pay for itself.

So I said yes to his questions over the phone. None of which involved a year contract. Shortly after I received a contract in the mail for a year. To which my immediate response was no. I had no intention of signing a year contract for a service that may not even be worth it. Not to mention the fact my business was brand new. So I never signed the document and never heard back from the company. I figured they didn't give me any services because the contract wasn't returned to them. So I forgot about it.

Like 3 months later they withdrew a completely arbitrary number which overdrafted my account and caused multiple transactions to bounce. When I called YP about it they said I agreed to a contract and that they would not cancel it then would do nothing to help me. So what did I get for this supposed contract to pay them $150 a month. I was listed well beyond page 60 on yellow pages. I didn't get any search engine results, and they listed me on a bunch of free listings I could have done myself. I had to clear it up with my bank and lock them out.

Now a year later after forgetting about it again I get a letter from a collection agency saying I owe them close to a thousand dollars. Calling YP again they say that I agreed to a verbal contract. Which I didn't. They couldn't send me this contract as evidence and further they don't offer google listings that the agent had originally led me to believe.

So beyond the fact I didn't agree to a contract. And at this point wouldn't put it past these slimy scum to edit my responses to fit their purpose since they hold the recordings. But let's assume I did. If I did agree to a contract under the belief I'd receive google search results. I did not receive that. Further if that isn't the terms of the contract then the salesmen and thus the company he represents is guilty of misrepresentation.

Any way you look at this I've been screwed. I will take further steps in contacting my state representative and any legal authority I have at my disposal. If I continue to face harassment and threatening collection calls I have full intent to Lawyer up as the Collection agency put it, and sue the heck out of YP for their unethical and misleading business practices. It's no wonder the company is dying. Unfortunately I don't have the account ID or receipts as I haven't dealt with the company in over a year. Which seems to be part of their plan in waiting.

Hello Andrew,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience.

As of April 1, I show you fulfilled the 6-month contract for the ypSearch purchased October 2016. I also show you chose to discontinue advertising.

According to our systems, YP sales team submitted a case 10119218 to refund charges from your April 3, 2017 invoice. The monies will refund onto the credit card shown on account.

YP sales team will attempt to reach you today to address any additional questions he may have.

Thank you for choosing YP; in addition, I wish you much continued success with your future business endeavors!

Warmest Regards,

Karmita T @YP

Original review: April 3, 2017

This place is a scam, they continue to withdraw funds from my account every month even though I have written letter of cancellation. Save your money and use it somewhere else. I tried on multiple occasions to stop these people from withdrawing from my account along with providing them with the letter that their rep sent stating they would no longer do this. They use a modified system that can take money out of the bank that can't be reversed. Be warned.

Factual basis uncertain

Good Morning Ms. Walker,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP Executive Office attention. I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

Nicole YP.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I have been with them since 11/01/2016, have not 1 inquiry about my products or company. I contact them about releasing me from my contract since I have had no sales at all. They charge 100.00 a month. They do not want to break the contract, but I'm tired of giving my money away. I had to stop buying products from the company. I am suppose to be an Independent Distributor, but that is a lot of money that I don't have. I am living on a disability check.

They promised to sent calls to my ad, but that did not happen. I was told they would take care of everything, just sit back for the calls. Yah, right! That was a joke. That was to get my money. I am so done. Please help. There are calls on my list, .03-.17 seconds. There is 2 calls which is for like 17 & 22 minutes. It was from a company called YEXT. They are an advertising company which posts ads on 500 website. The rep tried to get me to sign up. Anyone can call that number to verify.

Good Afternoon,

Per our investigation, a request was submitted by the Success Mgr - Matt on 3/16/17 regarding your request to update the listing/billing information along with removing the from the category of massage Therapist on yp.com. The listing/billing info and the category removal was processed on 3/16/17; the listing was no longer visible under Massage Therapists after 3/18/17. Please be advised, that if the search category was still showing the listing on Google after 3/18/17; YP has no control over when Google indexes their website with updates.

We do apologize for the lack of response from your assigned sales team. We have made Sr. Leadership aware of your experience.

Shenette, YP

Original review: April 1, 2017

I have tried to unsuccessfully to get my online listings on YP.com corrected for over 2 months. I discovered that they had me incorrectly listed under massage and they were unable to get that removed despite repeated calls and emails to my account representative. It should be under acupuncture. Also the listings did not use the correct business name for the listings. I repeatedly told my account representative that it is not correct. Today I went to my account dashboard and it does not show my business is listed at all with the internet! Since they are not listing my business at all now, and with the wrong information I want to get out of my contract. I have tried to call my rep and did email her and there has been no reply. The service is very poor. I also was not getting the number of "clicks" that the account dashboard used to show. I strongly suggest avoiding YP.com digital listings.

Good Morning Mr Wilson.

I have attempted to contact you several times unsuccessfully. My contact information has been sent to you via email and left with the receptionist. If you still desire assistance, please reach out to me, otherwise I will consider this matter closed.

Thank. You

Good Morning Mr. Wilson,

Original review: March 31, 2017

I suggest being very careful in contracting with these people. I never received the contacts or business promised. So I told the representative I was not signing the new contract given to me for renewal. I told her that I would no longer be advertising. Instead, they printed the ads anyway, and then billed me. Their position is that the contract says you must cancel in writing, even though you are discussing whether to sign the new contract or not. (I still have my copy of the new contract I was offered and refused to sign). I even sent a letter to them to explain my position, a letter to one of the addresses on the contract, and it came back not accepted. I am an attorney. If they will attempt this with me, then I feel sorry for the average person who does not know contract law. So now they are dunning me to pay the fees or else. I get calls from collectors almost daily. Be careful.

Hello Joeseph,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Chysa

Original review: March 29, 2017

I have tried for weeks to access my free listing to only receive unexpected error notice and many attempts to contact YP and once contacted they assured me was there updates wait until tomorrow try again. Now here we are weeks later, and several more attempt to dial their number to only receive many prompts to hit this button and that button which only goes around in circles and finally will hang up on you. To say the least this is very frustrating. Now again getting through to agent after long attempts to again be feed the same excuse that has not corrected the problem yet only agitated me further. I want to be able to change/update and control my listing when I would like to, not when they want to let me!!! Very dissatisfied and ready to close the complete account!!!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Resolution response: April 11, 2017

This issue has been resolved, YP has deleted the bill. It's too bad it took going public on Consumer Affairs to get it done but at least it's over.

Hello Scott,

I am glad that we were able to get this issue resolved for you. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: March 28, 2017

In March of 2016 I checked the online listing of my business at YP.com. I own an auto repair shop and found my ad with information and details for a construction business, not only that but there was 1 star negative reviews which had nothing to do with my business. When a customer would search auto repair businesses mine would come up showing 1 star. People don't click on businesses with 1 star reviews! So after contacting YP and making them aware of the issues I was assured it would be corrected, but it never was. They made changes many times and never got it right, even now a year later it still shows kitchen remodeling under business details and the address is still wrong including the wrong location on the map.

This whole time they were still sending me bills, after I made it very clear I wouldn't pay until it was corrected and that I wouldn't pay for the ad during the time it was incorrect. They turned it over to collections and I started getting daily calls. More calls to YP and finally I found someone who said they'd take care of it. I was asked to email all the screenshots I had saved of the botched ad, which I did, and they said an agent would contact me the next week. They did call back and at that point I thought it was over, but a month later started getting calls from collections again.

All this is over a bill for only $121 which I could easily pay but why should I? They didn't keep their end of the contract and hurt my business in doing so. I just made another call and was assured once again this would get cancelled. If it's not resolved by the end of the week I'm seriously considering suing YP for breach of contract, defamation of character, damages for lost business and anything else possible. I've attached a few screenshots of the ad, my business is **. One of these is from just last week, the address is still wrong, should be South Front Street not Self Front Street and the location on the map is wrong. Still says "kitchen remodeling"??? They can't even type an ad correctly, even after at least a dozen attempts!!!

Hello Mary,

Chysa

Original review: March 27, 2017

We were promised 17 leads a month and got on average about 9 or 10 and the rest were wrong numbers, solicitors, etc. They won't do anything about it. Finally I stopped paying the $2,500 every month. It can sit in collections for all I care. I called every month for 8 months straight and they gave me the run around so I would continue to pay it. When I signed the contract they said the calls were recorded so that only solid leads would count but when I met with the manager he said he wasn't listening to any calls and it shows I was getting enough leads. I am absolutely outraged at how this could be legal. It is too bad that I didn't read all the reviews about this being a scam unit the contract was signed. Don't let it happen to you.

In 2015 my husband and I started a small concrete pumping business. Jeff ** (snake oil salesman) contacted me and came over to our house to discuss advertising for business. We made it clear that this was a very small business probably bringing in no more than $200 a week and that it was a side business so we didn't want to invest much. He was very smooth and told us that we would only pay for what actually brought in business and that it would Bring us in much more business than we can handle and at the very most would cost about $150 a month. He told us we would not be charged anything until we went live.

Before that date I called and canceled the whole thing to Jeff. I told him my husband was a firefighter and he was called up to a fire in Northern California and we had no idea when he would return. He assured us that he would take care of it and so I thought it was done. Then we received a bill from them. I called again and emailed and told him there was a problem that we were billed wrongly. Once again he said he would take care of it but it never got taken care of. I tried and tried and tried to cancel it. Speaking to his superiors and people in other departments but they would never do it. Long story short they are now suing us for over $5,000! Last year our business only made $5,300 so you tell me if that makes any sense or not!

Good Morning Ms. Krzeminiski,

I am sorry I have been unable to reach you regarding your complaint. I have resolved your complaint and sent you the resolution via email. I hope your complaint was resolved to your satisfaction. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. If you don't have an account, you can easily create one. After you're logged into your account, if you need help claiming your review or updating your resolution experience, follow the instructions listed in the Account Help section.

Nicole YP

Good Morning Ms. Krzeminski,

Nicole YP.

Original review: March 23, 2017

YP Cares More About $90 than Customer Service. My company went out of business. Upon being called by the local sales representative to renew my account, I advised him that I went out of business and to cancel my account. He said that's no problem and that he can do that. I said "really you can take care of that" and he said "yes." I said "Thank you" and hung up. This was in or around July 2016. I was billed for months afterwards and there is no record of ever being cancelled. The representative no longer works with the company. How convenient. When I realized I was billed for four additional months I called again and apparently was finally cancelled but not before they billed me for another month. I refused to pay and now they have it in collections.

Although I've been told by YP that they can credit me for the bill and send that credit to collections, I am now being told their hands are tied and there is nothing they can do since they placed it in collections. There is not a single person working in YP advertising that can reverse the charge. Not their customer service, not the company's president. So if you try to cancel and have the unfortunate circumstance that an employee quits or is fired and fails to advise the company that you cancelled, they don't care. You're screwed. I would not recommend this service to anyone. Obviously, it's more important for YP to get their $90 than it is to satisfy their customers.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hi Amber,

We have spoken with the Sales Team regarding the issues with your account. They have communicated that they spoke with you and are making the requested updates to your Advertising. We have also assisted the Sales Team with expediting some of the updates.

Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused. We sincerely hope that the situation has been resolved to your satisfaction. We do appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your advertising.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I was only in business for about 2 or 3 months when I decided to grow my advertising through Yellow Pages. When the sales rep and I first talked she assured me that I would show up top of the list in the closest city (I live in the middle of nowhere and run my business from my home) and that I could expect to receive anywhere from 3-5 lead calls a day. I'm not naive enough to think that it would actually happen just like that, but I was expecting at least maybe 1 call a week to make it worth my while even. What did I get in the 2 months since my advertisement went live? Absolutely nothing! When I reached out to my sales rep to explain to her that my ad was not showing up at the top of the search that I needed it to, I received no response whatsoever.

A week or so later I sent her another email stating that I would like to have my ad removed because it was only causing issues and not helping my business whatsoever; still no response. I emailed the sales department and they responded with "your ad is performing". Yeah, I'm getting impressions, but what good are impressions to my bottom line? The agent who sent me the email also said that she sent a message to my sales team to have them contact me about removing my ad within 24-48 hours. This also did not happen.

Last week I call customer service and told them I wanted to speak with someone that day to get this taken care of, cancelled my auto pay and told them that I would not be paying my bill until someone contacted me. I was assured that someone from my sales team would contact me by the COB, but again nothing happened. Today I called customer service again to inform them that I needed to speak with someone right away to have my ad removed. I am done trying to work with them to fix the issues. I just want my ad completely removed from the site completely. The customer service rep started giving me the song and dance about she would let my sales team know that I am requesting a call and she would also send the information to my sales rep's manager.

At that point I requested to speak with the customer service supervisor. He informed me that he would be escalating the issue to the sales rep's manager, his manager, and their VP. He also gave me the sales rep's manager's number to call. The customer service supervisor stated that they will be in contact with me now because they will see that it is being escalated to the VP. I told him that I hope so and that it is absolutely ridiculous that it has to take that to get their attention. If I conducted my business the way Yellow Pages conducted business with me then I would not have a business at all. This is completely ridiculous and I feel like Yellow Pages did nothing but take advantage of me.

I did attempt to call the sales rep's manager but he did not answer. Let's see how long it will take for me to receive a call back. At this point there is nothing Yellow Pages can say that will come close to me considering keeping my business with them at all! I spent 1/3 of what I paid for Yellow Pages for another ad and received several leads! Completely unprofessional! I also think the sales reps should know more about the area they are trying to sell advertising in before they even attempt it.

Good Afternoon Mr. Sacirovski,

You and I have already spoken and resolved these concerns you have as you submitted this request to our leadership directly via email. Per our conversation you were satisfied with the results and I sent you an email to recap our conversation. You have my contact information. I will consider this matter closed.

Nicole YP

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have been advertising with YP for many years, started advertising with them back in 2002 and have been with them since. My current budget was $5,000.00 a month. The program used to work out in the long run. But in the last 2 years it's been going downhill. I'm an electrical contractor, I provide electrical service work. I have notified my sales rep that I will be reducing my marketing program due to changes in my business. I told him I still would like to show presence on the YP.com platform, and can only afford a $500.00 a month budget. It's been a nightmare, trying to have them cooperate.

I just received a new bill today, new bill stating I have renewed programs I never authorized. This is after I emailed my sales rep his manager of my program reduction. Also I have mailed them registered receipt mail. Thankfully I have kept all documentation. I now have contacted my attorney to work on this. It's so shameful, how they treat customers. It looks like their operation is unethical, they don't care at all. All they worry about is the contract to keep renewing.

We dealt with Kimberly ** and she did a great job explaining everything so that we could understand. Probably would not have used YP if it had not been for her. When the book came out, we were very impressed with how our ad appeared not only in the yellow page section but also in the white pages of the book. Couldn't be more pleased!

Hi Aaron,

Joe @ YP

Original review: March 18, 2017

We've been a paying subscriber to YP for well over 20 years, back when print media meant something. Ever since the consolidation of YP a few years ago, we've been cheated. Our new sales rep, Colleen **, implied to the president of the company (about 9 months ago) that our old plan was ineffective and should be upgraded to work with some of YP's digital capabilities. We signed up for a YP Presence account and thought everything would work out. After starting to vet our listings for accuracy (3 months after the new contract was signed) we realized that almost none of our information had been updated. We contacted Customer Service, who processed our request.

We then proceeded to contact Colleen, who was unaware that all of our listings were wrong, hadn't attempted to follow up on our listings, and then proceeded to explain to us that a YP Contract implicitly states that they will not update your listing unless you contact them and tell them where the listings were wrong. After a team huddle, we decided that we'd rather not work with this company anymore because after three months of paying for listings, as well as working on our print media presence, they'd not even started (nor do they have to according to their own contract) updating a single listing.

We had a conversation with our Sales Rep, told her that we want to cancel our contract, and sent her an email cancellation notice (which she responded to, and thus must have received) on 1/23/2017. We've received three more billing periods since that date. Apparently, on 1/23/2017 (the day we cancelled) our bill jumped to over $200, and that is the rate we've been receiving bills for and collection calls for.

We then moved to customer service, told them that we were asking for cancellation of our plan and that we also need the login information for Yext (who runs the YP listing service) so that we can pay Yext directly and manage our own listings. The customer service representatives were not aware of YP's relationship with Yext and told us since Yext is a competing service they would not partner up. After contacting Yext we were notified that since we'd partnered with YP in the past YP owned our login information and we could not get it from Yext.

After almost two months of going back and forth with YP, they have admitted that they still cannot give us our Yext login. When this was forwarded to Jaqueline ** from the Yext Customer Support team they responded that they still cannot give us our login, that YP didn't understand our request, and that we still had to get the information from YP. So far, we are still being billed for a service we requested discontinued, we're still receiving the run-around from both YP and Yext, and we are still completely dissatisfied. We have no control over a maximum of 62 potentially incorrect business listings. If this continues we are considering legal action.

Thank so much for providing help and support as our business evolved into what is today. Our sole advertising is thru Yellow Pages. Cairissian helped me perfect my ad so it lists everything I do here and I just reorder the same as most year! It's really a valuable asset advertising in the Real Yellow Pages!

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile