toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Resolution response: Nov. 2, 2016

The company has resolved my problems.

Hello Mr. Medina,

We are happy that we were able to resolve your issue. YP appreciates your long-term relationship with us, as we would like to continue our partnership for many more years to come. Thank you for choosing YP!

Kindest Regards

Kanetta D.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

My representative is Gagan **. YP has fake locksmith listings all over the United States. YP required me to provide my business license which I did. I have notified my representative regarding fake locksmith listings. I have given them proof with fake locksmiths with different addresses which are not valid. I contacted the Region Manager and he said he is working on this for 2 months and nothing is being resolved. They have a locksmith from New York who is advertising under 1000 business names. I found out that their account is also handled by the same Regional Manager who has told me he will handle this problem.

I am paying YP about $20,000 per month and next year I might cancel all my banners if they don't fix this problem. YP contracts don't make sense. I am asked to pay a lot of money for the banners and they have threatened to take them down if I don't pay. I have been paying as they asked and the bill is still not correct. It's hurting my business. I have also complained to Google and they did a great job taking down the fake locksmiths. YP continues to disappoint us. The Region Managers name is Matt **. I wish I could give Gagan ** a five star review. He is excellent but can't say the same for YP. Please look into my account and fix all the problems. They also have a auto renew policy which is not right. I have read a lot of reviews and it mentions the same thing. Contact my representative for more information. Thank you.

Resolution response: Aug. 31, 2016

Wow, yp.com took care of everything so efficiently. Appreciate all their time and effort. Everything was done so professionally. Thanks so much for your kind attention to my matter!

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon.

While you have decided not to continue advertising with YP, I am glad that I was able to resolve the concerns regarding your account.

As discussed, I have made the necessary adjustments and cancelled your account.

Also, thank you for agreeing to update your Consumer Advisor Review/Rating. Should you have any questions or would like to advertise at any time in the future; please feel free to contact us at any time.

We sincerely care about our customers and always want to help you with growing your business.

~Shenette

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I had a terrible experience with yp.com and Kayla ** who was the representative who created my account. The online ad did not work. I kept getting wrong numbers. Most persons calling my number are wanting a towing company, we are a web designing company. I got no results from my online ad. So wanted this canceled. If the online ad is not canceled, I will submit a claim with a law firm, as a verbal agreement is not valid. I submitted a email, which is a dated and stamped document in June. Kayla ** said she was going to have someone call me, never did. The service was so bad and I want my account removed, canceled. DO NOT CREATE A ACCOUNT WITH YP.COM IT IS A SCAM. YOU WILL GET NO RESULTS.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2016

The issue was resolved very fast. Thank you!

Customer's response to YP:

Eugene Waterlow

The issue was resolved very fast. Thank you!

Hi Eugene,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding the free listings for your account. Please provide me with your business and contact information to better assist you.

Breanna

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Couple days ago, I had my small business listing on YP.com with the name "**". I received Email with - Congratulations! ** is now listed and looking pretty on YP.com - I checked and this was true. Today I got call from YP.com and they checked the information listed on YP.com. After 5 min woman representative start hardly pushing me to buy paid advertising. When I said No for paid advertising they removed my company from YP.com listing. I think it is not fair to remove free listing if you reject to pay for advertising. And in special, if you will google "free business listing" YP.COM will be in first 10.

Hello Erin!

Thank you taking the time to rate us and for your thoughtful comment. We would like to share your thoughts with our team. Please provide me with your account and contact information at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Marti

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I am taken aback by all of the negative reviews. My representative Christina is here completely for her clients and genuinely cares about me growing my business. She isn't a scam, I don't have the funds and she worked out a perfect package and I've seen great results.

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you on Monday to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

My experience with YP has been a horror story. I have been lied to, mentally distressed, harassed and disrespected. When I signed up for this service I was told by my rep if I wasn't happy I could cancel anytime. My rep, Annette said "They don't like to do it but you can cancel the service." Right away I knew I made the wrong decision. Too much money for me and I couldn't afford it. I spoke with Annette after a few days and explained I wanted to cancel. I sent her a text and email as well. Guess what? She didn't cancel. I called back in the next couple of days and she said my campaign hadn't started yet. Not sure what that means but I reiterated my request to cancel. I called a few more times and then Annette told me she no longer was with the company. I immediately called the call center to make sure I wouldn't be charged any longer. You know what they said to me? "Oh no you didn't cancel, you only requested to cancel."

What the hell is the difference? Then I started calling almost daily. Spoke with various people at the call center, with the manager Jason ** who refused to listen or execute my timely cancellation but instead kept trying to sell me. When I called again, I was told that my "rep never said you could cancel, they don't do that." So now they called me a liar. I never received ANY business as a result of this campaign. I requested cancellation through over 50 calls, messages, emails, texts. They now have sent this to collections where I receive numerous calls per day, I also spoke with Karen ** who was absolutely no help. I was able to find my rep who although is no longer at the company actually emailed Karen ** to say she DID in fact tell me I could cancel. I thought, finally this nightmare is over! Boy was I wrong, Karen ** STILL wanted my money and wouldn't cancel my account. Run people run if these people call you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Dear Harry,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I signed up in 03/16 for an online campaign which never took off as promised, every month I paid $1300 and received NO service in return. I got several months of constant promises saying "give us more time". Even our contact person at YP agreed our campaign never took off. I finally stopped the contract on 10/16. I've now disputed 2 months of payment due to lack of service provided. YP turns around and charges for another month we had been credited due to no service provided to us! I'm very disappointed with their lack of customer service! You pay what you get for. I paid and received NOTHING IN RETURN! I DON'T RECOMMEND YP ADVERTISING.

We took out print and a web page with Y.P. We canceled the web page on June 13, to take effect in August. The man said we will have to pay until August and we did. Then the Sept. bill came in and the web was on it again so I call our sales rep. Kimberly **. She told me she "will check into it and call back" - she never. I have talked to so many people NO ONE will help. Then the first week of Oct. I got to talk to a man named Kelly. Told him the story. He said "let me check this out and I'll call you back." The next week another man called and I told him, then Oct 26 or 27th Kelly called back. He said he was going to have the web page taken down and credit my account and I repeated it back to him "you are going to have the web taken down, credit my account, and I will pay for the print in the book." He said yes.

The web page hasn't been taken down, my contract is out, and 1 or 2 people calls every week wanting the money for the web. Talked to another lady last week. She put me in touch with a man, told him the story. He put me in with another man. He said he will have a manager to call with in 48 hrs. That was 7 days ago. Can someone please tell us how to get this taken care of?

Good Evening Yvonne Heflin,

Your concerns have been received by YP and have been assigned to me, Karmita for assistance. I apologize for your experience and appreciate you allowing me an opportunity to address your concerns. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Karmita from YP

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I made the God awful mistake of signing up for their service. Not long after, I started getting calls from a representative from their company. They would call back to back for 2-3 minutes. Never leaving a message, but no matter, all their calls were logged. Last straw was today. They called me 5 times within 2 minutes. Last time I went off on the guy who spoke VERY little english. Then I called their customer service only to deal with yet another one that speaks very little english and asked her to remove my business listing. If you go to the YP site you are unable to leave a review of them on their own site.

Hello Mr. Grasesel,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. I will be giving you a call at the number you provided within the next 1-2 business days.

Kanetta D

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I am a small business owner and was contacted in June, 2016 by a YP.com salesperson about advertising services. I signed up for $50 a month for advertising in my area due to the great sales pitch and promise of increased business. During June, July and August my money led to 2 new customers, which was well below what I was promised. I called in August to try and cancel my service due to such low results. I was talked in to increasing my advertising budget to $300 a month and was "promised" a minimum of 6-8 leads a month. Boy was I a fool and should have done some research. YP.com took almost 3 weeks to set up my new business "landing page" and it was incorrect in multiple ways. The page targeted the wrong areas and was not representative of the work I do. I do residential pressure washing and the pictures they used look like hazmat workers on an industrial site.

I have contacted my sales rep Trip ** to ask for my account to be canceled multiple times and to request a refund of the $420 that I have been charged so far. During the month of November I have had 8 calls on my YP.com phone number. 4 calls have been wrong numbers looking for someone that used to have the phone number, 1 was a person who was threatening me to kick my ass for texting his brother (don't know what the heck that was), 2 calls were from other advertising companies trying to get my business. 1 call was from an actual customer! The results from YP.com advertising have been less than pitiful.

I tried multiple times to contact the company and resolve this issue to cancel my account and obtain a refund. The only thing I have been offered is credit with the company for the poor performance but credit does me no good! I don't like taking time out of my day to write negative reviews online and have tried my best to resolve this the right way but they have left me no recourse other than to complain online. This is my first attempt to complain online and next will be going thru the Better Business Bureau.

Good Afternoon Mr. Snider,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention.Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I have advertised with Yellow Pages - now YP, for more than 20 years. I had print ads in five books, in multiple headings. Times change. I finally reduced my relationship to just advertising on their website as I found little benefit from the print ads. Because it is easy to track ad results, it became apparent their website wasn't worth the money. When I received my renewal I called in and cancelled my online ad with them on August 16, 2016. That is where the trouble began.

The cancellation was processed and I thought I was done with YP. Not so. A month later I received another bill - for two months service and interest - about $284. I called in and tried to determine if I was billed in advance or in arrears. None of the people I asked could even understand what that meant, let alone answer the question. I finally gave up and just sent in payment for another month ($140) to be safe.

After a month passed, I received a bill for two months ($284 - $140 per month, plus interest). I called in to find out why this was. I was told that bill was in error, which I was glad to hear at first. Then I was told my bill was actually over $400! The representative told me that my account had been closed as requested, however, I was on an "auto renew" contract and I missed the cancellation date by 16 days. As a result, I was responsible for another year of advertising.

At my request, the rep played the recording of my renewal agreement - a recorded conversation between myself and the sales rep. This happened in October of 2015. It was a brief conversation that said I was renewing my online advertising and discontinuing my print ads as the various books renewed - exactly what I wanted. No mention of any sort of auto renewal for one-year terms.

The last call, where I was informed I missed the cancellation date, I was told my cancellation date cutoff was 7-31-16. That was strange, since I renewed mid-month in October of 2015. The rep also e-mailed me the "contract" that they said I was bound by, even though there was no mention of this contract in the recorded phone conversation and certainly no signature by me or even any proof I had ever even seen this contract. I figured it was time to consult my business attorney. I sent him "the contract." He has been an attorney for 25 years and said he had never seen anything like it. Rather than giving specifics, it says that you have to e-mail or call YP for dates and specifics. Effectively, it was an open checkbook and they can say whatever suits them should you call or e-mail.

When I asked the YP rep to have someone from their legal department contact my attorney, I was given an address in another state and told that my attorney can mail them anything they would like considered. I understand that print advertising is rapidly diminishing, but YP is making money grab as their ship is sinking. They need to adjust their business model rather than bilking loyal customers that recognize they are not interested in going down with the Titanic.

YP Marketing Solutions

Good Morning! I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP! In order to provide you with resolution, please email your contact information and account number or business phone to ypexec@yp.com. You will receive a response within 48 business hrs after receipt of your information.

Shenette,

YP

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

You've been warned, stay away from these thieves. Ads don't preform ($56 per prospect was my ratio). When I wanted to cancel they gave me the runaround. Over a month and still didn't open a case for cancellation for me. Salesman Chris and his boss William are crooks. Like a dirty little Mob all about their commotion. Liars; Chris verbally promised me that he would cancel my acct. anytime when I go from green to contract. When I called him up on it he wouldn't call me back or honor his word. William told me he would start the cancellation prosecutes but 2 weeks later nothing had been done. When I called him up on it he hung up the phone on me. Great customer service!!!

This has been one the worst experiences I've ever had with a company. They're not worth your very hard earned dollar. You're not going to get anything for your money; piss poor ad performance, poor product if they ever get it right at all, piss poor customer service, money hungry sales with no honor or respect for you or your livelihood. They will lie at a drop of a dime to get you to buy and promise you the world and deliver peanuts in return, and when you call them out on it, they will give month of delay tactics. Not worth it, walk away while you still can, you've been warned!

Dear Mark Schram,

Thank you for bringing your YP advertising concerns to our attention. My name is Karmita T. and have been assigned your referral. My apologies in your dissatisfaction with your advertising program. At YP, we are truly committed to provide directories, products, and service of the highest quality.

We judge our quality on adherence to our contract and on customer satisfaction.

In the vast majority of circumstances, customers are completely satisfied with their advertising program. I will be contacting you in the next 24-48hrs to further discuss your concerns and to derive at a mutually agreed upon resolution. Should you have additional questions and concerns, I invite you to bring those matters my attention so I can properly address.
Your ultimate satisfaction is most important to YP and myself. I look forward to speaking with you.
Respectfully,
Karmita Turner

YP Executive

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Very disappointed when I received my one copy of the new phone book today, spent 1500.00 and I only got one listing under one heading and not even a line listing under that heading. We have been advertising since 1970 and this is what we got. Maybe we will just stick to the companies that take care of us.

Hi Zane,

I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know that this matter has now been resolved. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience. I have sent final resolution details to the email on file. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Zane,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I am currently reviewing the email correspondence and will provide an update to your shortly.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

YP mistakenly put my door advertising in auto and locksmithing section making me get a lot of calls not relevant to my business and also seemingly padding YP numbers to make them look better. The many calls to my Salesperson (whom never met with me even once) was avoided or transferred to other sales associates. I just called today about advertising with them and again when I called them on the three free months started to backpedal and AGAIN want to transfer me to someone else WHO CAN'T HELP ME! Does one person care enough in that company to HELP ME, HELP MYSELF?? Anyone up to the challenge out of their thousands of employees? I ONLY NEED ONE THAT CAN READ MY NOTES AND MAKE A DETERMINATION!! Come on people this is absolutely frustrating. Do your own SEO or go with DEX. They are attentive far better than YP is. What does YP stand for anyway? YONKING PEOPLE? YOUR PETULANT?

Resolution response: Nov. 23, 2016

Thank you, Joe for your help today in resolving the issues rating on total experience.

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for contacting us and expressing your concerns regarding your YP.com advertising program. I am so glad that we were able to reach a decision. I have sent an official email to the email address on file outlining the specific details of our agreement.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing YP! and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Very poor customer service. Fraudulent accomplishment and qualities in marketing and resolving the issue. No my issue is not resolved. I have been calling for a month. First complaint on October 21st 2016 that my page was not up to par - nothing. The sales rep said will be on the page and it was up for three months same as the free advertising. I was told that my sales rep will call in 24 to 48 hours. This was a fib. I received no calls to resolve issues.

Second call/complaint October 31st 2016 I called and said no one called me about this issue and would like to be taken off the advertising. I was told I was in a year contract that I didn't know I was in. I was told that an order was placed to remove contract that (I did not know I was in) I was under the impression from sales rep I was in a month to month. I was given a reference number for end of contract and a reference number for bill to give back the pay for the months that my page was not up and running. I did send the screen shot of how the page looked on October 21st 2016 before your company had a chance to change the page and do what was to be done three months ago while I was paying for marketing. I was told to call and give the reference numbers to check on status of request.

Third call November 9 2016 I called to check on status of request. Customer service rep said I was in contract which I filed to be taken off due to your company incompetence and breach. Customer service rep said she will call my sales rep while I was on the phone no answer from him. She said she will call him again and his manager and I should be getting a call and email from his manager. I called at 9am still no call at 12 noon. Very poor across the board. Nothing resolved, still no calls from your company. I have been the one doing the calling.

Hello Elizabeth,

I just wanted to follow up with you again and let you know that this matter has now been resolved. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kanetta

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I signed up for advertising that was never done. I was immediately charged and then nothing was never done on their part. Trying to call and contact someone to cancel my account and get a refund only leads to a runaround and no one ever calls back and they give out numbers that are out of service. At this point I feel I will need to take legal action. DO NOT Sign up for advertising with this company.

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for talking with me today. I am so happy I was able to resolve your concerns. If you should ever have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Nicole at YP

Good Aftenoon Jim,

Your concerns have been received by YP and have been assigned to me, Nicole for assistance. I apologize for your experience and appreciate you allowing me an opportunity to address your concerns. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole from YP

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I can’t tell you how disappointed I am with the advertising campaign and support I have received from YP.com. I have been a loyal advertiser with YP for over 30 years. I don’t like to write negative or publish negative statements about a company, but in this situation it’s necessary. I decided in August 2016 to increase my spending with their Google Search Program. My advertising rep promised me great results and since I’m so busy running my company Y.P. would manage the entire campaign. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE THAT WAS! I was looking to cover the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys and expand into the eastern part of Ventura County. This is when the problems began.

YP created 1 very basic landing page for my business and created a new URL with a .biz extension. I was not aware of this landing page nor did I approve it or the contents. The landing page listed Lancaster, CA Tree Service when I service a wider area and was looking to expand into the eastern part of Ventura County. The phone number listed is a 661 area code not the 805 needed or maybe even a Toll Free for the Eastern Part of Ventura County. They have since created tabs for 3 different areas and have a 805 area code on the Santa Paula/Fillmore page however the homepage still only has Lancaster listed with the 661 area code.

After reviewing their reporting system www.adsolutions.yp.com I found out they were targeting a much larger area than was requested. They had the target set to a 40 mile radius from ZIP code 91354 which covers almost all of Ventura County, all of Los Angeles and parts of the San Gabriel Valley much wider than requested. After bringing this to their attention they changed the radius to a 20 mile radius from Palmdale which now does not cover the Santa Clarita Valley which is part of the original main target area and very desirable area to work in or the Eastern part of Ventura County. I have a coupon page on my website, this was omitted on their landing page. After bringing this to their attention they included 1 coupon at the bottom of their landing page which is only visible if the person scrolls down to the bottom of the page.

The Traffic and Distribution page of their reporting system from September 1 to October 31 shows 82.22% being spent on Google or $1236.82. I am spending $2400/month or $4800 in this time frame. So 86.22% of this should be around $4,000. Where is the rest of the money I have paid them? Now for their results. The cost per call for their YPSearch Program is running us about $200/per call. This is not per customer or estimate but per call. So with the amount of calls looking for tree service the YP program is costing me about $500 per customer acquisition. After bringing this to my rep’s attention my rep said he also discovered some of the same issues. Why did I have to bring this to their attention?

When I decided to expand my coverage with YP I expected them to look after my online advertising. In this case they dropped the ball, I feel like I have to make sure they are doing the job I am paying them for. After all this transpired my rep wants to meet with me and work out a financial reimbursement. I sent in a cancellation letter to my rep and to customer.care@yp.com and my advertising has yet to be canceled. My rep wants to meet but there is not point for this as I want to cancel all my digital advertising as they did not deliver what was agreed upon or expected. In fact the program has gone from bad to worse and since bringing this to my rep’s attention, my cost per call has gone up about 10% per call. Before doing business with YP.com make sure you are ready to manage your own program, because they can’t. Y.P. is too busy selling campaigns!!!

Good Afternoon Rachel,

I was sorry to learn of the difficulties you've experienced with your YP advertising program.

I'm glad that we were able to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. If I can be of assistance in the future, please do no hesitate to reach out.

Best

Shenette

YP

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I am very dissatisfied with YP marketing and find them very deceiving in their practice. The ads are not performing which I find a breach of contract on their part and attempted to get out of the contract with a whopping $1200 fee. No thanks! I will take the hit or take it to small claims court. No small business can survive with paying for their advertising and no customer traffic. Please be advised to not advertise with them. I did much better on my own. My business will never profit paying them.

Hi Rick Buttles,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP's attention.

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate chain of events to transpire on your account.

I will be contacting you shortly to properly address your concerns and derive at mutual resolution.

My ultimate goal is to ensure you're 100% satisfied with the Products, Services, and Resolutions offered by YP.

Karmita T

YP Executive Office

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

Do not advertise with yp.com, you do not get what you pay for. No one in their company is on the same page. When you call for customer service your phone call goes to the Philippines. They make agreements with you there, but do not honor them here in the states. Also when you call YP on the phone they record your conversations which is good, however when you give them the time and date and tell them to listen to the recording and send you a copy they refuse.

I have sent numerous emails to Levetrice ** (sale manager) asking her to respond through emails so we have a confirmation of what we talked about so there is no misconception about what we talked about, I get no response from her at all. I spoke with the claims department and also said I want to do all this by email so there would be no miscommunication. Again they refused, and also refused to send me a copy of the recordings. Their advertising is no good. Read the reviews on this company before you sign up, and this rep Cory ** is no asset to YP. He is the greater of this problem.

Good Afternoon Joon,

After attempting to pull up your information in our systems, I was able to see you are located in Vancouver. Please contact our Canadian offices using the below contact information:

Main number: (604) 268-9000

Toll Free: 800-268-6680

Thank you for contacting YP.

Nicole

Good Morning Joon,

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I tried to cancel contract with them. Every time they said to call back closer to the end of the contract to cancel. They couldn't leave it on their note or something to cancel the service for automatically, only automatically renew the 1 year contract with their useless services. It's absolutely ridiculous for me to pay for something for a year that I do not want. No one uses YellowPages books anymore. No one even thinks of YellowPages online to look up businesses these days. It's 2016. Looks like automatic renewal is the only way they can stay in business. In my opinion, this practice is absolutely disgusting.

Hello Tracey,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

We have been a YP customer for over 20 years. To say I've spent thousands of dollars is an understatement. Each year, the price goes up while their service declines. This year is the worst I've ever seen! To begin with, our sales rep could not reproduce last year's ad for the upcoming book. Her new ad that she sent for proof was wrong, and each time I notified her, she claimed to correct it but she would send me the wrong ad for proof.

The proof also showed us how many calls we had received from the previous year, along with how many people clicked on our internet advertising link. Our internet link produced a total of 49 clicks. Of those 49, only 5 were actual clients. The rest were telemarketers calling from out of state. When I tried to discuss this with a YP rep, I was told that it was most likely not telemarketers, but actual customers using cell numbers from a different state. We keep thorough records of our clients, and I know which is a telemarketer vs client. So for $224.00/month, we threw away over $2,680.00 this past year. Our print advertisement had even fewer calls!

When I decided to cancel our service, I received 3 calls from YP reps on the same day. One told me that if I didn't advertise online with YP, people would think that our business had closed! This same rep also told me that our ad has been submitted and our area had closed for making any changes. However, I had an email from this same rep that stated the specific date I would have to make changes and I was still within the time frame. After getting nowhere with her, her supervisor called me within the hour. I explained our trouble to him and still got NOWHERE. His supervisor then called me and said that we should get a website for our business and we should have pictures placed on our YP internet ad. I had NO idea that we could place pictures. He then told me that they could link our YP advertisement to over 200 search engines. I asked why they had not been doing this for us if we were paying $224.00/month!!!

Resolution response: Nov. 2, 2016

After I posted my review YP finally did contact me. They resolved the account issue and credited my account as paid in full. The agent who reached out does me did as she said she would and I thank her for her effort. I had kept my own recordings of my calls and I believe that was the only way this was resolved as it was. I do not intend to change my rating but do offer thanks for the resolution. My opinion is everyone needs to record their calls these days as YP is not the only company that has poor normal channels customer service. You must be able to prove your case to defend your position and recorded calls are the best means to do so. Anyway, the corporate customer relations is a vast improvement to the regular customer service and I am grateful that they did act on my issue.

Good Afternoon Mr. Craft,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 24 hours to address your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

In August 2015 I agreed to list my business ad with Yellowpages.com. I never was sent any document for the charges but paid the bill. In November 2015, a Mr. M. ** called me to change the advertising and after much discussion agreed to a Ad of $100 per month. I began getting bills for $113 per month and then bills for $154 per month. I called several times and was told that was the agreed upon price. I disputed that and was told someone would get back to me. On May 23, 1016 I again called to dispute the fees and again requested a sales manager to call me and I was told that someone would be in touch.

On July 8th, I received a call from Lilly at YP (note that now it is not Yellowpages but YP). This was a collection call and I again went over the whole story. Lilly said she would open a "case", told me for the first time I could downgrade my ad service, and that she would have Mr. ** manager to call me. That never happened, no calls from any manager have ever been received to date. That call was received at 8:45 am EST. At 4:59 pm a call came in from Jereld NOT IN USA, calling to discuss the case that was open. He had zero information of the prior call that morning that created the case.

I again requested a manager to call me. July 27th I called YP for the last time and I spoke with Shanese. I asked her to look at the notes on my account and she confirmed that I was paid thru May, and that I had requested a manager to call me. She said a manager was supposed to call me but would request again for someone to call me as the account had been reassigned to someone else. Who was never disclosed to me. I know these details because I too recorded the calls after May 2016 because I knew I was dealing with a lousy company (look at their reviews for some idea of how lousy). I still have the recordings.

August 2016 was the last communication received (another bill) and no further calls made by me and no called from anyone at YP. Today, a collection company called to say they were sending collection paperwork to me if I did not pay up. I am still waiting for the sales manager to call me since my first request near the beginning of the year. CHECK YP'S REVIEWS BEFORE USING THEIR SERVICE. And by the way, I never rented a single unit based on my ad with YP.

Dear Isabella,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to resolve your concern with your YP advertisement account. As discussed via phone, I have sent you an email with our resolution. I want to apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused. Alternatively, if you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Hi Isabella,

Thank you for contacting us and expressing your concerns regarding your YP.com advertising program. I am currently researching your account and will reach out to you within the next 24 business hours. Alternatively, if you need to reach me before that time frame, you may contact me via email at: ypexec@yp.com.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I want to cancel my advertisement with yellow pages and they do not want to cancel. I called to cancel with my 10 days premises and the guys I spoke to never created a case in regards to that as per our phone conversation so they claimed they don't have proof of that on file to keep me lock in. Also all the calls I have received was all for job inquiries. I never received a call for my investment and they expect me to pay $305 a month for running an advertisement that just have people calling me for work! The worst company to ever advertise with!

Also I never heard of a contract that doesn't have a cancellation period and also a contract that was never send to me via email to confirm all the rules and regulations instead they say that is for voice authorization. Also the representative Roy **! Does not bother to call or return my emails because they know exactly what they have done! All calls to my business were for job opportunity. This people do not care whatsoever. All they want is your money and does not care about your investment returns that's why I'm taking them to court for Lying to me and for being unprofessional and not putting my claim to cancel during the 10 days period just so they can lock me in. I will file a lawsuit which I already began the process! Scammers run away and I have gather other companies who has faced the same issues to file and complain at the same time! Worse advertising marketers ever! Run for your life and don't make that mistake!

Resolution In Progress

I have been on the phone since July over 25 times with YP trying to get this resolved. First saying I won't even give them 1 star. That is how bad this company is. YP renew my contract automatically. Mind you they said they sent the contract in the mail. Not sure about you but the mail delivery is not reliable. NOTE I DIDN'T RECEIVE IT. My advertising went up another $100.00 per month above what I was paying in the past. I have made 25 phone call to get this taken care of. First I didn't agree to this, 2nd with the economy not doing well I would need to make cuts and this would be the area I would do the cuts. But again I was not contacted by anyone from YP about my advertising.

They have called my business weekly about payment. I have told them I didn't agree to this and I'm not paying. But in their old contract they have an automatic renew clause, hidden in fine print to auto renew. This is sneaky and underhanded. This is wrong. I have other phone books I deal with but they call me about my advertising and talk to me to see where we want to cut or add for the year. What happen to sale reps calling you to talk to you about your advertising. Horrible company.

Hello Jada,

I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience you received while trying to get this matter taken care of. Your issue has now been resolved. I will follow up with you via a phone call to verify this has been taken care of. Again I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kanetta D.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I purchased an $1,800 ad from YP on 7/6/16. After several weeks, I noticed that my ad was not only nonfunctional, but that the paid ad was not online, and the generic ad was still live. I contacted my sales rep Darrell, who assured he'd get the issue resolved. Several more weeks passed, still no ad and no word from Darrell. I was starting to worry if my ad would ever be published, and then feared I'd wasted my money on an ad scam.

By 8/16/16, I reached out to Darrell again, as my ad was still not live. By this time, he stopped responding to my phone calls and emails, so I proceeded to get in touch with someone who could help get my ad online. At this point, I was still hoping to have my ad finished, but no one I spoke with was successful in accomplishing this (how hard is it to just adjust a few things on an ad?). Having been passed around to several different reps, still with no success of a published ad, I eventually reached someone who I thought could help me cancel the ad (why pay for an ad that was never published?).

By 9/2/16, I finally reached someone who filed a claim to cancel my ad, and by 9/15/16, my ad was finally canceled, and I was refunded the $1,800. Of course I thought this was the end of my relationship with YP. Although it took two full months, and several different employees, my ad was finally canceled. Well, on 9/26/16, I received an email (after several days of not answering her calls) from someone named Tiffany who wanted to discuss my ad with YP. I responded with a short email explaining I would no longer be utilizing their company for my advertising, and I blocked the number she'd been calling me from. Well, I thought this ended this finally. Not yet.

On 10/19/16, I receive a call from their account department saying I owe a balance. Naturally I called back to discuss, and spoke with someone who said my billing cycle ended on 10/1/16, and I was responsible for a $57 bill (apparently the original bill was over $300). Obviously that didn't sit well with me, considering I'd canceled my advertisement on 9/2/16, and I never received my paid advertising. The idea that I'm not only being charged for an ad that was canceled, but also an ad that I never received is appalling. Of course the representative assured me she will look into the issue, and get back to me in hopes of resolving the issue, but to me it just appears to be more runaround and wasting my time.

In closing, if you're considering advertising with YP, save yourself the hassle and the money, and don't do it. This has been the worst experience I've had with any company to date, and I hope this review will help steer others clear of this company. I would've given this experience one star, but seeing that I did receive a refund, I think they at least deserve two.

Good Evening Pepe,

I wanted to thank you for allowing me an opportunity to resolve your concerns. I sent you an email outlining the resolution we discussed on the phone. I want to apologize again for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Nicole YP

Good Morning Pepe,

Nicole from YP

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Was a loyal customer of 9 years. Spent thousands on advertising. Sold my business in May but I knew I still had contracts out with YP. Called them in July to make sure I cancelled and my contracts did not renew. I asked if I could pay ahead to zero out ALL of my accounts (I had a business in two locations and used YP for both). I made all payments happily and made certain with my sales rep that everything was squared away and I would receive no more bills. I wanted to be able to file my taxes for the business and get everything taken care of so that I didn't have to deal with any business issues anymore. Guess what I saw show up on my September billing statement for my business credit card? Sure enough another charge from YP. It was a measly $40 but I was still annoyed.

I tried to get it squared away but absolutely no one was able to help me out. Everyone said I still owed that stupid $40 albeit making certain one hundred times over with my sales rep that I would not owe them another penny after making the payment that day over the phone. All it takes is one bad experience like this to ruin something. I was loyal. I always paid on time. I didn't complain about having to pay for a contract that extended into 2017 even though I certainly wouldn't need it. And although it could have been my sales rep who made a mistake and just didn't plain charge me enough to cover everything, it genuinely bothers me.

Large companies are just unable to use any form of kindness anymore. It's just "pay me". No apology, no "hey you were an awesome customer and unfortunately so and so must have made a mistake". It would have been that SIMPLE. Instead you choose to insist I am wrong, force me to spend three days on the phone which only got me more upset, finally to just be put on hold so long that I just hung up and paid the damn $40. When I start my new business I will, without a doubt, not be giving you even one more dollar of my business.

Hello Terri,

Thank you for contacting us and expressing your concerns regarding your YP.com advertising program. I am currently researching your account and will reach out to you within the next 24 hours. If you need to reach me before that time frame, you may contact me via email at: ypexec@yp.com.

Chysa

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

To summarize, I have made 10 phone calls and 5 e-mails to various YP staff members regarding my account since June 1st and the lack of success of their program and have gotten nowhere. We are not getting the number of phone calls promised by the salesman. They are now trying to redefine what they say we purchased versus what the salesman told us we were purchasing. After signing the contract, I have a hard time getting anyone to respond to me. Their "48 hour response" has been several weeks numerous times and that is only because I call them back to find out why no one has called me. The program is not working and I have tried to sever the contract amicably for months. It's hard to do anything when no one bothers to call you back.

I have tried for months to resolve this without much initiative or concern from YP. Without exaggeration, this is the worst customer experience I have ever had. We feel as if we have been the victims of flim-flam at a very expensive price. Other than eight legitimate calls over a SIX MONTH period, the rest have all been solicitations from loan agencies, advertisers, Home Advisor, etc. We were told we would get 7-8 calls PER MONTH, not as an average over the year... We were told PER MONTH by the salesman and I have his written communication as proof. We were told in July they would "pull levers" and invest money for us to help things along and monitor it. To this day he has never called me to talk about it.

I found out on September 12th the "levers had never been pulled" but they would supposedly do it then. She would talk to him and get back to me... It's now October 13th and still waiting to hear... again. We received ZERO calls in September. I never heard back from her either for A MONTH now. I called to get contact info for someone higher up. I left him a message two days ago and he has never called me back either. I have months of details of every time I have contacted them and their lack of response is infuriating. Also, the newly assigned sales rep on my account lied and said she had contacted me and had a discussion about the contract which never occurred and I find this 100% unacceptable behavior. I have not talked to her for months.

Good Afternoon Ricci,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to speak with me regarding your YP Advertising. I have recapped our conversation and sent the final resolution to your email address on file, which also contains my personal information should you have any other questions. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Good Morning Ricci,

Joe @ YP

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I have used Yellow Pages since 2012 advertising my business in the book and online. Somehow since the updated book has come out I am nowhere to be found. I have been calling since June and no one seems to know what happened. I have paid 265 to 295 a month every month for a year. My agent Matthew will not return my calls to help fix his mistake. I have called Matthew's boss Jean and she will not return my calls. So Monday Oct. 11, 2016 I contacted president Joe with Yellow Pages and was told he would call me back the next morning. Still no one calls. But surprisingly once I stop payment representative call and again explain what is going on. However, they give me another reference number and still I never hear anything. So what do I do - nothing, now I am out of possibly thousands of dollars due to this miss and Yp could care less so much for customer care. If I could rate them it would a negative 1000.

Good afternoon, Melissa Lanning,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. We truly understand the difficulty you're experiencing with your YP billing. I apologize if YP has not lived up to your expectations.

Please allow me the opportunity to review your account and make any necessary adjustments required to satisfy your complaint.

I will be contacting you within 24-48hrs to discuss and derive at a mutual resolution.
During this time, you're more than welcome to contact me directly by phone and email.

I do appreciate your continued patience with us during this period.

Karmita
YP Executive
Kt8474@yp.com

866.228.0248 ext. 4292466

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

AT&T bills for YP Advertising. I cancelled the phone service 2/11/2016. I was still receiving bills (YP) despite my Verbal and written cancellation. I have called to try get this service cancelled. I have since been turned over to a collection agency. I have always paid my bills timely and in full. I cannot understand how this business is able to operate with such unethical practices. As a small business Of 24 years, I have never experienced such blatant and extreme extortion.

Hello Mr. Roman,

I was unable to reach you to discuss your issues regarding your advertising. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. I have provided you my contact information via email and voicemail should you have any questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I have open 2 accounts for my law firm, as I have been told by the sales rep, Vivek ** that I'm paying to be ranked on positions 4-7 for each accounts in 4 different cities, Toronto, Vaughan, Markham and Richmond Hill. Since I opened the accounts June 8, 2016, I don't see my business anywhere on these positions and still paying every month for the service. When I decided to contact my account manager, Davis **, to discuss the issue it was mission impossible to reach the guy. Getting always the voicemail and never getting calls or emails back. Same thing happened with Mr. Vivek **, no calls back. He replied to my email claiming he can't reach me over the phone even though I haven't receive any missed calls or voice massages from him.

After many emails and calls I called to the general customer service and they promised to take care of it and I was supposed to get a call during the next 48 hours but as you can imagine nothing happened and no one contacted me. Today Oct. 6th, 2016 I tried to Davis and Vivek again but getting full voicemails and couldn't leave a massage. Contacted the customer service again and they tried to transfer me to my account manager's manager Sammy. When they transferred the call I got the voicemail and there was no option to leave a massage since the machine was full. On the same time the admin. system from my end is down and there is no way to check or update the profile.

If you are thinking to sign with YP I really advice you not to do so! You are not going to get the promised service and advertise you are paying for and if you want to complain about it, there is no way to get an answers or to fix. During the sales talk the company is misleading and overselling, that my feeling as for now and I will be very glad if they prove me wrong. If you had the same experience with YP please contact me at **.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us and expressing your concerns regarding your YP.com advertising program. I am currently researching your account and will reach out to you within the next 24 business hours. If you need to reach me before that time frame, you may contact me via email at: ypexec@yp.com.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I was contacted in April 2016 about renewing our contract. Contract was set to end July 2016. I told the account manager we would NOT be renewing our contract. I have made several attempts (emails and phone calls) to receive confirmation our contract was NOT renewed but have not received anything in writing. I need something in writing because we continue to receive monthly bills for internet advertising. Yesterday I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone between account services (was told our account is in fact cancelled and gentleman didn't know why we were still getting bills) and customer service (who said our file shows account was renewed for September and this is NOT true. I am the only person at our school who signs advertising agreements and I never re-signed with yp.com).

Customer service kept me on hold for over 15 minutes and then got back on the phone and said she did show the cancellation and wasn't sure why we were billed and will need to talk to an account rep. What? The conversation just kept going in circles--horrible service and I believe it is clear yp.com just continues to send bills on cancelled accounts in an effort to continue collecting money. I will never recommend yp.com to anyone.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile