toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Great product and great service - highly recommend. From start to finish they were very prompt and professional. I am very excited about my campaign and know that it will be super successful from some other YP users I spoke with. I will be recommending YP to others for sure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our reps go above and beyond to meet our needs. They truly listen and adjust the current plans as applicable to our account. We have done away with all other advertising! As an established company of more than 45 years, we do not do a lot of advertising, print or digital however, by choosing YP, it makes it easy for us to stay up to date and secure in our choice. Thanks YP!

Greetings Mr. Rich,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your cancellation concerns with you. If you need any additional assistance regarding this matter please feel free to contact me at the phone number or email address provided to you via email.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: June 8, 2017

After having an extensive talk with an YP sales rep we moved our ads YP. The program sound wonderful. We were informed the program was month to month after a 6-month contract. We were promised a top placement in a Google, Bing and a YP ad. None of promotions produced what we were promised after a 9 month study. These ads just do NOT produce enough customers or revenue. STAY AWAY. NOT WORTH IT.

We read the cancellation policy. Followed cancellation instructions to their standard. Sent certified mail as instructed and in timely manner. YP still billed for several months later. After discussing the problem with a sales rep we were promised that this issue would be credit to account. Now they have send this problem to a collection agency. The program DO NOT work. The service is full of employees who do NOT do the job. The old famous, "Not my department. Let me transfer you." The phone hangs up.

Hello Janice,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Karmita @ YP

Original review: June 7, 2017

I have been a Yellow Page advertiser for over 40 years. I have been trying with no luck to cancel my website advertising, for 3 months. I read all the reviews and the same issues I have are mentioned in all the negative reviews. It is impossible to get someone on the phone with any authority. I do get return phone calls from sales representatives that cannot do a darn thing except try to get me to make a mistake in their recorded conversation to use against me at a later time. I get numerous calls for late payment and am worried about my credit. I am going to have to seek legal counsel as they refuse to cancel the contract for not receiving the service promised. Their big thing is I had 10 days to cancel, but my website was not finished in that time period.

Resolution response: June 15, 2017

I am happy to report that this was a billing error rather than an evil corporation sticking it to the little business guy. This I could not tell from the information provided to me by the collection agency.

It is amazing how fast things can get fixed when you speak with the right person!

Thank you Chysa ** for your attention to and prompt resolution of this matter!

Hello Brian,

Chysa

Original review: June 6, 2017

About three years ago in 2014 I ran a trial Pay Per Call with YP. I received some calls from the advertising, but was not able to judge how effective it was due to having problems accessing my account. During a call from my rep I said "ok, let's up the amount for a few more months to see if we can get more calls." Almost immediately afterwards I finally got into my account and after reviewing the calls I did receive I found that only half of them were relevant! Some were out of area and some were outright wrong numbers. I immediately called my rep back to cancel. No campaign had been started up yet or anything. I recall that he was new and didn't know what to do in such a case or went on vacation around that time, but nothing happened. No more advertising was conducted.

I never received a call to adjust for substandard calls in the past or to improve the quality of future calls or anything like that, only a few collection calls for services that were ordered, but not yet provided as I explained to the callers. I never received an actual bill. A couple years go by. I moved and came across the documentation I had of text conversations with my rep and like a dummy tossed them out.

Now, almost another year later, out of the blue, a collection agency calls and says I owe YP $1,000. At first I thought it was a scam call and I was out of town so I ignored it. Then about a week later I got a letter. After conversing with the collection company I got what looks like a screen print of my account saying there was a previous billing date of 3/1/16. I have no idea of where that date came from??

I should be demanding the $1,200 I paid for poor results rather than having to pay them more for services although ordered were not delivered. The collection agency wants to add investigator fees and such to the bill. I have little documentation, and I imagine that YP only kept the recordings which make them look good. They should still have the recordings of the calls I received. How can I get this to be looked at fairly without paying an attorney $1,000+ to look at a bill for $1,000. Is this something I should take to Small Claims Court?

Resolution response: June 9, 2017

Thanks for contacting me Kanetta and explaining your advertising procedures. My apologies for confusing your company with another company. It is unfortunate your names are so close that I reviewed the wrong person.

Hello Mr. Patrick,

I am sorry to hear that you had an unfavorable customer experience an want to let you know that YP values their clients. As mentioned on the phone it appears that your advertising is with a different company other than YP.com. It was a pleasure speaking with you and I wish you much success with your business.

Warmest Regards,

Original review: May 30, 2017

They send you a little card in the mail to verify your business and in fine print by signing it you agree to over a 1000.00 a year cost to run your little bit of information online. Very shady and deceptive. Make sure you know what you are signing. Very rude customer service guy named Elbert when cancelling.

YP Marketing Solutions

My apologies YP has not responded sooner.

Please allow me to chat with YP Legal and get to the bottom of this issue. I am optimistic that we can figure out a way to achieve an amicable resolution. I’ll contact you in 24hrs.

Karmita T @ YP

Original review: May 30, 2017

I'll be brief as there is far too much to go into detail. We were with YP.com for years; we were offered one of their 'special deals' to upgrade, for a probationary time only, our contract. If we didn't like the new (twice as expensive) service, no problem, we simply revert back to our old contract and move on with the old contract date still intact. Due to many, many errors on YP.com's part, we elected not to continue with the new and improved costly service. Well, reverting back was not so simple. They would not recognize the original contract.

We asked repeatedly for an explanation of how it was we owed beyond our original contract. We even contacted the state Attorney General's office, who after reviewing our information, asked YP.com the same questions. Since YP.com is not compelled to cooperate with the AG's office, they simply have stalled them with "I'm out of town and the only person at YP.com who can respond to this" ...twice, the AG has received this response. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, YP.com is as unethical as any company can get, and they simply don't care to change that image. We were with them for years, and likely would have stayed for years more had it not been for our poor treatment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Is been working great. So far I'm satisfy to 100%. I'll keep trying every day. I highly recommend YP to anyone. Looking forward to send some more clients to my rep. Working experience is been great. I love working with YP. I also like having a bunch of work.

Hello Lisa,

Chysa

Original review: May 24, 2017

We sold our business last year but received a bill from YP for advertising the following year. I never received a contract or any other communication from YP for advertising. Our business has advertised since 1993 and I have always received a visit, phone call, or email before the phone book was printed. This is the only year I did not receive any communication. I have attempted to resolve this issue multiple times with multiple people, all unsuccessful. I have now been sent a letter from a collection agency regarding the account. If I could give YP less than a 1 star I would.

Hello Joey!

Let me first say that I am sorry to hear that your experience with your YP advertising was not to your expectations. I was able to get in touch with your sale representative Chris and he will be reaching out to you regarding this matter. Again, I apologize and we hope to get this matter resolved for you.

Warmest regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: May 19, 2017

I had great hope for the results I would receive after meeting with Chris, my YP sales rep in Denver. We met and went over numbers and what I could expect from them as a company. I made him very aware of my company being customer service based and the importance of customer service to me being a consumer from YP if I choose they buy their service.

Chis assured me that I would have topnotch care and service and if at any point within the first 6 months of the 1 yr contract I could leave, pay only what time I had used. Every time I asked for this paper that he said he would give in writing he would stall and or say that he was emailing me it. After realizing that I could not get anything accomplished through Chris, I proceeded to "Try" to contact the sales manager. That's # was given to me by calling YP only to make contact with voicemail which I have called many times and left messages.

The only times I can make useful contact with this company is when they call to collect the money for this contract that they have failed to fulfill. Now I am receiving email collection notices from collection company while I still have active dispute with this company. When the lady from YP collections called me about 2 weeks ago I filed another dispute/claim within YP. I was told I would be contacted within 48 hrs. Still not a call 1 from them. Only email from their collection company they hired.

Hello Joseph,

Chysa

Original review: May 17, 2017

YP Review. YP Still Known as a Print Company. I have been a SBC/ATT/YP customers for many years. Over the last several years some of my advertising dollars have switched from print to digital. During this transition period I was quoted approximately $30-$35 per call for my advertising dollars. My advertising is at about 55% digital and 45% print. My overall cost per call is more than double what I was quoted by my rep. When the program started I was much closer to the $30-$35 budget but now overall cost per call is $78.97 per call. The breakdown is Google Search $52.81 per call, Yellow Page Print $97.65 per call and YP.com $145.00 per call.

I don't understand how YP's own search portal of advertising is delivering almost 3x the cost of my Google Search Program. In the days of print only advertising your rep would contact you 1-2 times a year to renew your advertising. Digital advertising is totally different and need regular attention to make sure your keyword are working, what click is converting into a call (since they track everything) and to make sure the ROI is in-line with expectations.

This is where the new YP has failed me. I still get contacted 1-2 times a year to renew my advertising and get reports of my digital activity monthly but only get the data that YP wants me to have. Their Google Search Program is delivered on Landing Pages and not the website that YP created for me. Granted my website is outdated and Cookie Cutter looking but no one ever contacts me to review my website and how it might be improved to bring me more business. The Google landing page has less information than my website.

Their www.adsolutions.yp.com website for traffic is less than helpful. It does not give anything other than the number of calls. I do not know what keywords are being used, what the cost per click is, and the conversation ratio from click to call. These are all important factors to evaluate the success of my program and only have access to the number of calls which are so high will put me out of business. Beware of using YP for your advertising needs. It is only a business to them and they are not interested in helping your business grow only the growth of YP.com!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very kind and helpful with my ad. Thanks a lot. I will use YP in the future for all of my advertising needs. Great company and also great people to assist. Great follow up on assuring all went well with the work they did.

Hello Mr. Catlett,

It was a pleasure speaking with you and I am glad that we were able to get this matter resolved for you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. YP appreciates your long-term relationship with us, as we would like to continue our partnership for many more years to come.

Kind Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: May 9, 2017

My company has been using Yellow Pages for over 30 years. This year because of the lack of response with the printed ad I decided to go with just the Internet listing service. The phonebook came out I noticed that I didn't even have my company name or number in it. No free listing. I called and complained was told that someone would call me back. No phone call. I had a tracking number put on my ad. Throughout the year had customers call and said when they called the number, it said number was no longer in service, disconnected. Don't know how many customers we lost because of this problem. I personally called the tracking number several times I got the same response. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.

Called customer service beginning of the year and complained. They called the tracking number. It did not go through! They told me that was because I was on the phone. I laughed because I was talking to them on my personal cell phone. Then they begin to backtrack and said that someone from customer service would need to call me. No phone call. Two months passed still having same issue. Called again told them since they can't get it right, cancel my service. They said someone from customer service would need to call me. No phone call. So I stopped paying bill because YP not giving me service we agreed on. Now they call me all the time. Wanting money, bring up contract and how I'm obligated to pay the rest of my contract. However, still have not fixed their end of the deal.

All I ask to change the tracking number that is having issues, to the Business phone number that I've been using for 30 years. And compensation for all the missed customers because of lack of proper service. Contracts should go both ways. I pay the money to you, you should provide the service. If you don't provide the service I should not have to pay the bill. Most business owners are leaving Yellow Pages left and right. Other types of advertising far more success. Google ads, postcards, and good customer service has worked very well for me. Do you really care? Do you really want to help their customers?

Hi Ron!

Your information has been sent to your sales management team for someone to give you a call regarding your concerns. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kind Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: May 5, 2017

Just would like to give more positive feedback on the entire process. It has been easier for the last several years. With the decrease in landlines and increase in cell phones, we have seen a decrease in the response to our ads. We would like to maybe see if there are other alternatives.

Hello Rick!

We really appreciate the positive feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact your sales rep should you have any issues with your advertising program. Thank you for using YP! We really appreciate your business.

Chysa

Original review: May 3, 2017

I have not been with YP very long, only about 1 week tops. I like the ad a lot. I love the professionalism that Nicole exhibits. I will be able to make a better judgment after a few weeks of letting the ad have exposure. Time will tell, but I feel very good about using YP as my #1 advertising company. Thanks.

Hi Jennifer,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. That is first and foremost. Secondly, I would like to help you out and get this straightened out ASAP. I will be glad to assist you. but I just need a little more account information to do so. Can you please provide me with your account number, business phone number, or your business name?

Thank you and again, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

Original review: May 1, 2017

My father, a business owner was murdered in his store on February 11, 2017. My mother has had the headache of closing all of his business accounts. He had numerous accounts and she was able to close every one of them with ease EXCEPT this one! My mother has called, emailed and has received emails from company just to have her replies rejected! She has called them for a physical address to send the death certificate only to be told, "We don't like to give that out"! She is continuing to receive bills. This is a shady company to say the very least! I have NOTHING GOOD to say about them! Shame on this company for robbing hard working people! AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!

Good Afternoon Ms. Gwilym,

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to address and resolve your concerns. I am glad we were able to reach a favorable resolution. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. You have my contact information if you need any additional assistance.

Nicole YP

Good Afternoon Ms. Gwilym

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP Executive Office attention. I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

Nicole YP.

Original review: May 1, 2017

One star is a gift... They deserve no stars. YP published the wrong phone number for our company in the Yellow Pages book. We have tried for months to get this problem resolved. We have been directed to customer service in the Philippines who is unable to resolve anything short of assigning a "case number". I've spoken to Tony **, Angela **, and am still waiting for a return call from Owen ** - who is "in a meeting". They tell us that AT&T sent them an email requesting that our number be changed. We did not request the change. They received a memo from AT&T - we don't know why and frankly don't care why.

We obviously don't want to pay a monthly bill for an incorrect listing. They referred the problem to our Jacksonville sales representative Charles ** who does not return phone calls. I've attempted to get a call back from his Sales Manager, David ** - who also does not return phone calls. The only reason we just don't pay the bill is that we care about our credit rating... Obviously more than YP cares about their reputation.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for telling us about your concerns and I appreciate your issue. I am sorry to hear about your customer experience and interaction with us. I will be more than happy to assist you with getting your account resolved.

I, along with YP sales consultant Kayla Aubuchon will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Karmita YP

Original review: April 28, 2017

Consumers Beware. YP (Yellow Pages) is not a reliable site for business reviews. They allow anyone to post whatever they want from several different fake email accounts. They do not use any special software to detect fraud like other site such as Yelp. I own a business and have competitors that post fraudulent ads on my listing. When I contacted YP I was told there was nothing they can do and they refused to remove the ad. So if you're looking for reliable reviews do NOT use YP.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wouldn't even try to start with a company like this! Until, I met Jen! I'm a groomer so the computer is not my friend. Jen made this experience so comfortable and relaxed that I knew she was also in it for me. Her patience and drive have really made me appreciate her time. Always checking in on ME and my Business made it more of a friendship feeling not just another business call on a Friday night. Thank you for making me comfortable in your company!

No response received

Hello Kathleen,

Can you please provide me with you account information, this can be your account number, business phone number, or your business name?

Karmita T @YP

Original review: April 26, 2017

Pros: Much lower CPC than AdWords, Quality searches resulting in lower cost per conversion, especially for service industries, Can get support from ad sales team fairly quickly. Cons: Very low search volume, Much of data gathering not self-served (i.e. need to get industry keyword research from ad sales team), Manual data input (i.e. no copy-paste feature for multiple ad groups/keywords).

360 video was a nice addition; however, it was not active and a rep named Michelle ** reached out to us to resolve the issue. She was able to retrieve a credit for the $ we paid for months of non-service. I do not wish to continue with the ad.

Our YP sales rep., Dennis **, has been extremely helpful to us in making decisions regarding budgeting for pay per click advertising. He has also been very flexible to work with us in areas that need special attention, and I regard him as being very sincere and honest in his dealings with us.

Hi Jo,

Thank you for allowing me to resolve your concerns. I am glad that we were able to reach an amicable decision.

If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Jo,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: April 20, 2017

I would have left ZERO stars but it wasn't allowed... So it appears their company has a very bad reputation for taking advantage of their clients making promises you have no intentions on keeping... I should have known better than to get involved with a large company who thinks they can simply take people's hard earned money with nothing to show for it.

After MANY attempts at continuously having to work with them to babysit my ad, my ad is still wrong, no phone call or follow through at all from any so called "manager" who I truly feel is in over his head since he obviously doesn't care to contact me regarding my issue, or is it simply that he receives so many complaints each day he has no idea where to even begin? This is what happens when you put someone in a position of authority who isn't ready to be there...

I am so disgusted at myself for falling for this trap. So, for the next 11 months it appears this is what I can expect. I get completely screwed out of $116.40/month with horrible customer service with no ability to correct my ads since no one will follow through now knowing there is no way to make things right so they don't even bother to try.

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience! After reading some of these other reviews, I guess they are too busy suing the big fish for unpaid moneys they didn't get after they received the same horrible service, so I am not even worth their time... How do they sleep at night knowing they are taking people for money they don't have?? I know I won't hear back. It appears they enjoy hiding behind their wall where they feel safe. Just know I have everything fully documented. This is the worst company I have ever done business with in my life!

And regarding the only one-line email response to me from their so called "manager"... No! You have not fixed my issues. So you have not made my requested corrections. I am still listed in a category I do not wish to be listed in, as I have been since day one when I made the grave mistake of allowing the sales rep talk me into this ridiculous commitment using analytical data that only they can see. I guess they figure since I am receiving clicks on my ad that they have done their job... NO! Because my ad is wrong! I have yet to convert one sale, and in the first month I have had 2 phone calls both of which are for the category I have repeated told them I should not be listed in! It isn't about clicks; it is about overall ROI - KPI analysis is about PERFORMANCE. Conversions! Not just clicks on a very incorrect ad that I have attempted many times to correct.

Now I know why their legal team requires all of the "agreements" to be recorded over the phone. It is also very apparent to me why they don't do like any good reputable company would do and offer a free 30-day trial. Because they know no one would ever sign on!! Last time I ever do business with a large corporation... you think just because you are huge that you can take advantage of people. Very sad...

Hi Valerie!

I am so happy to hear about your positive experience. I have reached out to Deborah about your review and she promises to keep doing what she is doing and helping you build your business and find customers!

If there is ever anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Scott

Original review: April 19, 2017

I want to take the time to thank YP for stellar advertising knowledge and for always being there to help me grow my business! I have been a client and a fan of YP for quite some time and can truly testify that advertising with this company has exposed my business to new clients through the quality suggestive services that are available. The representatives are accommodating and make you feel like family. Thank you YP.

Hi Peaches!

Thank you so much for the kudos! I have passed it along to Joel and I know he works hard to help you and all his clients out.

If there is anything else you need, please reach out to Joel or myself and we will help you out.

Thanks!

Scott

Original review: April 17, 2017

Joel is top of the line. I am very satisfied with all my advertising. When I had any issue Joel and the YP staff got right on it and got me back up and running. Their web designs are very professional, and it is nice to have someone watching my back online. One less thing I have to deal with.

Hi Cassandra!

I am so happy to hear that your experience with your sales rep, Jeff, was great and that he was able to put together a program for you that works for your business and helps it grow.

If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Scott

Original review: April 14, 2017

I like that the YP representatives will work with our businesses to find a program that works for all of them. It is not a one size fits all approach. They are willing to offer suggestions without trying to "oversell" and be pushy with their products.

Good Afternoon Troy,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I completely understand your frustration and I am sorry to hear. I will look into you issues right away and I will be contacting you in the next 24-48 hrs to see how we can work this out.

Karmita

Original review: April 13, 2017

I noticed from the beginning of listing with YP.com that my paid listing was wrong. I've asked my sales rep and customer service over a half dozen times to fix my listing and as of today 4/12/17 it's still not correct. I have stopped paying my invoices. I will not pay until this is fixed.

Good Afternoon Glen,

As noted in the email submitted today, we are sorry to learn of the difficulties you've experienced with your YP advertising program. At YP , our primary goal is providing directories and customer service of the finest quality. After thoroughly researching the Accelerated Tax Solutions account, our findings are outlined below:

As a former Sales Manager for YP, we are sure you are aware that YP stands by it’s products and services. In this instance, we may not have lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves and our customers. Per the correspondence between the Sales Executive and Corporate Executive Team in January 2017, YP’s offer to reduce the total balance due to compensate for the performance issues experienced during the time the Search/YP.com Ads were live (10/2014 – 06/2015).

At this time, we are also offering to waive all late fees accessed. This will allow the performance adjustments to be deducted from the original balance due. A 30 day hold has been placed on collection efforts.

In addition, we have received your response rejecting the above offer. We are willing to speak regarding your request to discuss the offer further. Please be advised, it is a firm offer.

Shenette, YP

Original review: April 12, 2017

If you own a business and want to use Y.P... STOP... READ THIS & BEWARE! My company contracted with Y.P. in late 2014 for a National Digital footprint on the Y.P. local platform. Our monthly spend level was $13,000.00 monthly. I decided on Y.P. because I was very familiar with the company and what I thought were their "White Glove" practices. I told my Senior Leadership team that Y.P. had a "Managed and Tracked" program that was perfectly designed for our company. It was a targeted "Leads" program that was managed locally through a "Circle of Care" department which I was also familiar with. After the Internet Operations Group finally got us live as multiple errors and delays on our Virtual Tour and Website, we performed at a very disappointing level, well below the targeted lead amount we contracted for.

I reached out on multiple occasions to local sales to let them know that my company was very unhappy with the performance as it was trending at LESS THAN 50% of contracted lead target. I asked local sales to PLEASE pull the "Levers" needed to get us to the target of 150 monthly that we contracted for, as I had seen done dozens of times as part of the SOP's in this "Specialty Program" but no levers were ever pulled and no communication back from Y.P. was ever given. I repeatedly reached out via telephone, email, texts to local sales, District Level and finally a Presidential Complaint to voice our concerns and disappointment, all while still paying our monthly $13,000.00 bill.

After 3 months of auto-pay, I stopped the payments to Y.P. with the hope that doing so would get the attention of Circle of Care, the Internet Operations Team and the local GM, District Level and Executive Team. At the time, we were one of the largest digital clients in the First Coast. My team here at ATS became ever more frustrated at the lack of communication and action of Y.P. on our behalf as the leads continued to be less than 40% of target EVERY MONTH. The only meeting was with the local Regional Vice President that I knew for years as a colleague that tried to convince me that the pattern would correct itself which never happened.

I sent a letter of cancellation in to Y.P. and once again tried to "Save" Y.P.'s revenue and our intended results by offering to catch up the past due in 1 payment as soon as the contracted "Levers" were pulled and leads picked up. Again, no response from Local Sales, District Level or Internet Operations or the Executive Team. I had spoken with a Senior Vice President of Sales as a last resort and voiced all of our concerns. He offered a $26,000.00 adjustment on the $65,000.00 balance which would leave us a balance of $39,000.00 which the moneys already paid would bring the balance to $0.00. Since we received no additional targeted leads, my owners felt that since they have already paid $39,000.00 the $26,000.00 adjustment should wipe the slate clean and that would be reluctantly acceptable, even as they originally wanted a full refund for Y.P. not fulfilling their end of the contracted agreement.

We felt that the relationship with Y.P. as disappointing as it was, was finally over. We heard nothing again for close to 12 months. Then we received correspondence was from Y.P.'s O.C.A., Gill Law Firm which is taking legal action for over $65,000.00 for an unpaid balance ON TOP OF THE $39,000.00 we already paid, even though we were NOT EVEN LIVE for 8 months. They had zero record of the adjustment we agreed upon to close this complaint. My company is also a law practice and my CEO and President are extremely upset that they feel that Y.P. misrepresented a program to them and never intended to follow through on the contracted leads promised and committed.

We are now going to be forced to pursue this through legal avenues with our own legal team for something that could have been easily rectified from the start.

The only thing my company was expecting was what we signed for and the only thing we expected from Y.P. was what they also agreed to... Delivering the product and services that we signed for... and in the end the final adjustment that we paid our $39,000.00 and part company. Amazing that Y.P. would NEVER call a LARGE client back or visit them knowing how disappointed they were, offer a nominal adjustment to finalize, gain agreement (Reluctantly) and then DROP THE BALL on even that... All we ask is that Y.P. finally get something correct... and live up to just 1 agreement made...

Resolution response: April 21, 2017

I received a call from a YP representative - Kanetta, who read my review, researched my case properly and swiftly took action to resolve this issue. I appreciate her efforts and have therefore decided to change my rating to a 4 because I'm now happy with the outcome. The matter was professionally handled by this representative, and I appreciated her apology, candor and overall way she dealt with this issue.

Hello Sandra,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. I will reach out to you via the phone number and/or email address provided regarding this matter.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I just got a letter from an attorney who is threatening to sue because of an unpaid bill to YP. YP never delivered on their promise of doubling or tripling the revenue of my business as promised. The salesperson said if my business didn't exponentially increase I could call and cancel in less than 30 days. I didn't get one valid customer or phone call through this fraudulent company. DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH YP!!

Hello Bryan,

I would like to apologize for the less than stellar experience that you received with YP. I regret that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience-it is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves on. We value our customers and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service.

I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. It will help us improve our operations and services.

If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, now or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Respectfully Yours,

Original review: April 8, 2017

We purchased a veterinary practice in early 2016. The previous owner wasn't very keen on computers, Internet, social media, etc., so he was paying for an Internet and paper listing for the business. In order to remove the burden from him, we attempted to assume the contract that still had 11 months remaining. We had to resubmit the paperwork twice before they stopped losing it.

Following, they somehow split the bill and were sending one of them incorrectly addressed and to two different account numbers. It took 4 months to get this resolved, and during that time I called support at least 10 times, even reaching someone who was supposedly an escalation point. Each time I was assured that it would be corrected for the following billing cycle. I'd pay the balance over the phone, again being assured that I was paid up correctly. I still received late fees (at least they removed those).

During this time I also contacted the sales rep listed on our account. She told me that she no longer serviced our region and gave me the correct contact information. This was quickly updated in our portal. It took a couple voicemails before I could get a hold of the new sales rep and ask him to get this billing problem fixed. He said he would take care of it, and I didn't hear anything back. After contacting him again toward the end of this debacle, he said he'd hand it off to someone else he worked with. I assume that's what he did. The issue was finally resolved, but I had to follow up to find that out. No phone call to let me know things were sorted.

Which leads me to the end of our contract. After not hearing anything from the sales rep, our contract was up for renewal at the end of last year. I again explained to him the absolute mess of support I had to deal with, my frustration with the fact that he never followed up, and how much time I wasted for a service that doesn't even bring anything to the business.

He then tried to sell me more products, and said that my Google listing would drop if we didn't renew with YP. He performed a screen share session, and attempted to show me what YP was doing for my listing, spouting a bunch of marketing buzzwords. I was performing identical checks with multiple browsers on my side while he was showing me from his screen. I could not duplicate his results. Extremely untrustworthy practices that obviously prey on the lack of understanding of their clients.

To complete their shadiness, after our contract ended, our listing reverted to its previous auto-generated state, with inaccurate information and misspellings. I had to further correct that, and there's still some misinformation that cannot be fixed. And finally, unsurprisingly, my Google listing is still right at the top, and we've had more new clients than ever mention they found us via Google. YP had no impact on our listings and was an absolute waste of money.

Hi Lloyd,

Original review: April 8, 2017

I had been doing my own website with WordPress for my business. It got hacked though and YP had been after me to advertise with them. The postcards were pricey but after a year of YP reps bugging me I thought, "What the heck. I'll let them take over the website so I don't have to worry about it." The sample websites they sent me in an email looked pretty good. The price for them to take control of my existing domain and put the website up was about $90 per month.

It was the worst thing I've ever seen. It looked NOTHING like the examples I'd been shown. It amounted to graphics that I had created for my business and about 2 poorly written paragraphs. Seriously, it would not cut it as a middle school project. I told my rep that I would pay because I had signed the deal (for a year) but I would not be linking to that site from anywhere and it wouldn't be on my business cards or anything else. The upside is that I found out they can't deliver before I spent big money with them.

YP Marketing Solutions

As follow up, Karmita contacted Penny Sullivan April 19, 2017.

Per my voicemail and email notifications, Penny Sullivan informed accounts still in review.

My account investigations include, but not limited to review of; performance reports, vendor notes and details, sales force case history, contractual agreements, recorded calls, email transmittals, etc.

I understand the sense of urgency needed; I will make consorted efforts to get this handled expeditiously.

If the customer has additional questions, have them contact me directly.

Karmita T @ YP

Original review: April 6, 2017

I just got a letter from an attorney who is threatening to sue because of an unpaid bill to YP. My sister signed a contract (she has since passed away due to a brief and aggressive battle with cancer). YP never delivered on their promise of doubling or tripling the revenue of the business as they promised. The salesperson no longer works for YP and now they want 16K. Not one valid customer or phone call was garnered from this fraudulent company. DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH YP!!

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile