toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Great product and great service - highly recommend. From start to finish they were very prompt and professional. I am very excited about my campaign and know that it will be super successful from some other YP users I spoke with. I will be recommending YP to others for sure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our reps go above and beyond to meet our needs. They truly listen and adjust the current plans as applicable to our account. We have done away with all other advertising! As an established company of more than 45 years, we do not do a lot of advertising, print or digital however, by choosing YP, it makes it easy for us to stay up to date and secure in our choice. Thanks YP!

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Added charges were a mystery for almost 3 months (or more). I called or emailed repeatedly and after much time the reason was finally understood by all and then translated to me. I was not paying the bill for about 2-3 months and seeing it turned out not to be my fault I am asking that all late charges be refund due to YP's tardiness in locating the issue. Thank you for your time and response.

Good Day Rick,

As per our phone discussion, we have handled the YP Account. Please refer the email sent to you this afternoon.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused. I'm glad that we were able to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

Shenette, YP

Original review: July 13, 2017

I canceled my ads and services with 2 different reps that called me, then I get a bill. I call about the bill, they listened to the recordings and said "yes we found where you said cancel". They opened a case and sent email with case number. They called wanting payment. Said that there were no open cases. That the one was closed. I talked to 4 different people today at YP. Told me all need to get a lawyer or pay the bills. I even asked for a copy of my contract or where I ok'd it and they cannot.

Good afternoon, Mark

Let me apologize for the issues you've experienced during listing validation. Tried reaching you earlier for additional information so that I could resolve on your behalf.

Your overall satisfaction with YP is most important to us!!!

I will contact you again during next 24 business hours.

Karmita T. @ YP

Original review: July 10, 2017

YP.com created such an inaccurate automated listing that it became impossible to verify the account by phone, email or address. As a result we could not make any changes and correct their inaccurate listing. After calling to speak with a customer service representative, I was transferred to customer care and on hold for more than 15 minutes before hanging up to seek alternative solutions. Happy to report receiving a very different experience while claiming the Google My Business listing.

We put together a new website for our retail facility and I found that I needed to re-write most of the content since our facility is different than most retail operations. I was not surprised, but because I needed to edit or re-write, the process added additional workload for me and that is why I had avoided updated our original website in the first place. I am happy now, though, with the final product.

YP Marketing Solutions

Update:
Effective July 14, 2017, BestnTravel cancelled from our systems. Remaining charges will be fully adjusted to lessen any customer impact imposed.

Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you; YP wishes you much continued success with your future business endeavors.

Respectfully- Karmita T @ YP

Good morning Cindy!

My sincerest apologies for the frustration you're encountering during your recent attempt to cancel. Rest assured, we will be reaching out to you promptly to help resolve this matter.

If you need to reach me directly during this period, feel free to contact me by email ypexec@yp.com and/or phone (866) 228 0248.

Karmita T @ YP

Original review: July 7, 2017

BEWARE!!! Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!!! Yellow Pages gets NO STARS from me!!! I set up a free account with and was contacted by a Yellow Pages representative. The representative pushed this promotional advertising they do on me, said it was a special for $99. A year of advertising for your business. They are supposed to post your business and drive clients in for you. I repeatedly said I am unemployed and it would have to generate enough money to pay for itself, my travel business is not in a place where it can pay for anything. I also do not want to be locked into anything long term. He assured me that it was month to month. He guaranteed me 6 clients per month and free months that did not give me that.

He had me sign a contract and stated my terms would be noted to my account. Long story short May was my first month of service after I signed the contract. I got 3 calls for May, which were not what they would consider "quality calls". June 2nd they took $99 out of my account. I called, complained and was by customer service that she didn't know what kind of deal I had with Yellow Pages because there is no such deal, she would contact the rep. that I signed the contract with and get back to me. She never called me back so after a few days I called the rep.

He denied everything he told me about the service being on a monthly basis and 6 client minimum. He went on to tell me I signed a contract and couldn't cancel it because it was for a year and he could only try to make the service better for me. He said since I already paid for June give him a chance to improve the quality of the service and then we can see what happens in July. Don't worry I won't be disappointed. July I got 0 calls and told me when I called to cancel that my cancellation would go in for consideration. They had to review it and everything that was said and what went on then try to improve the service. Meanwhile I have to keep paying the $99 monthly and I had to continue to pay for the service every month and they will work on improving my service. I put a stop payment on my account with them and now they have collections calling me for $99 and no service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Hello Clint,

Original review: July 5, 2017

I agreed with YP to a one time only ad test and paid in advance at the time for which I agreed to the marketing test. It was a failure, (costing more than producing) and I declined to move forward. 3 years later YP has hired a collection company in Louisiana to file a lawsuit against my company to collect for a service that was clearly never agreed to. I had a bad experience with this company a decade ago and I was apprehensive to do anything with them. Their sales staff assured me the past was in the past and that they were only interested in showing me how effective they were. They were not effective and I told them so after the paid in advance time frame, I was then told that I would have to continue to pay them for another 2 months, which I had specifically NOT agreed to, That is why I paid in advance and put a time frame on it.

Good Afternoon Bernie,

We have reviewed the performance of your YP account and based on the amount of free advertising that was provided on yp.com to compensate for paid yp.com advertising and the amount of leads from the Search Engine Marketing Campaign (102% over total estimated leads of 15 per month over a 12 month period); we have found that we are unable to reduce your charges for advertising for the GRAND RAPIDS AREA .

We do, however, apologize if the understanding of the products were not made clear. YP.com does not guarantee sales to your business. We only guarantee leads that can be converted into sales.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I was promised by my YP sales representative that I would get 23 customer calls per month. After several months of zero customer calls YP wanted to record all our calls. YP counted 7-second and 15-second call with no conversation as leads. When the YP rep came by our shop he agreed that YP was not getting the job done and that there was a good chance I would get a refund. I stopped paying my monthly payment after 9 months of no results. YP sent me to a collection attorney for $5,179.71. I will be contacting our Michigan Attorney General Bill Schutte to help with this issue because YP is threatening a lawsuit.

Greetings Mr. Talley,

First I would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your time as a customer with YP. I do see that the concerns with your account have been resolved. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Warmest Regards,

Original review: July 5, 2017

Our small business tried to use YP Search. YP Search created a false website, they call it a landing page, with 100% wrong information on it. I left voicemails and sent emails for 3 months before they finally agreed to pull the landing site down. However, they would not let us out of the 6 month contract. Instead, they forced us to sign another contract to change products to YP Clicks or else we would just keep getting charged for the false landing page that they had created without our authorization. The YP representatives on the sales team were not professional, and would get very angry on the phone. Resorting to yelling and even insulting me. Words cannot describe just how bad of an experience this has been. Take your advertising dollars anywhere but YP.

Hi Jim,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: June 26, 2017

I have advertised with YP and another company in the local phone book for several years. I decided to not advertise in the yellow page book this year (either company). I was surprised to receive an invoice for the Yellow Pages Book ad. I contacted customer service. Was told they did an auto renewal, this was without verifying if I wanted this ad to run again. In the past they have called to verify if I wanted to continue and if the content has changed. I always approve or disapprove the advertising content. As my business grows so does the ad content charge. I was extremely disappointed. I was told I would just have to pay the bill (which seems to cost more this year) and get over it. And cancel next year if I wanted. I have contacted the Texas State AG and filed a complaint. I intend to follow through with this. I still advertise online and am expanding my online presence. But At this point in time I cannot see my company using YP anymore.

Hi Michael,

Joe @ YP

Original review: June 25, 2017

I purchased a business in 2009 and almost lost it due to the recession in 2012. I dropped the advertising with YP due to the high cost of print advertising. Around 2014 the "new account rep" stopped by with the internet only option. At this time they had me sign up for a debt forgiveness program by which if the internet billing was kept current with autopay for 2 years all past debt would be forgiven. This is the only reason I resigned. We had over a hour long discussion on the subject and I signed a contract for renewing the services. I have kept my side of the agreement but now in 2017 I have received a collection demand from Rauch-Milliken International for the past due amount.

Unfortunately I have been unable to locate a copy of this agreement due to several issues retrieving my past records from my accountants. According to YP they have never offered anything like this agreement and naturally the burden of proof is on me. Things are not that much better now and will be a few years to get back on top but they have offered no settlement other than full pay. According to all contact I have had they cannot even tell who the "new account rep" was or anything other than my signature. How convenient. I feel that this is a breach of contract and a bait and switch and will fight this through my personal attorney if necessary.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm Kemcy **, owner small business marketing. YP Marketing Solution, it's a great company to put your business in if you're looking for a better solution for your small business. I look forward to growth my business. I became YP partnered. YP services will increase my small business, and your small business. Join YP for marketing solution. Thank You.

Hello Candace Rymniak,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. We do hate that there was any type of confusion regarding the length of your contract. All contracts are 12 month agreements, I do see that your account has been canceled for you and there is currently no active balance on the account.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: June 24, 2017

The representative that I met told me all the wonderful things YP Marketing was going to do. She put together a program for us that was $1000.00 per month starting on a trial basis. When the contract came it had a commitment period of 12 months, which we did not agree upon. When I questioned her she said that's the way it had to be written but that I could get out any time. Even though that is not what it said on the contract.

I got absolutely no response from the first couple months and $2000.00 Later I told them I no longer wanted to continue. I informed them that the number of hits they were claiming was nowhere near what my website was showing. They said I still was bound to pay for the remaining 10 months. Finally they agreed to let me pay another $1000.00 for get out of the contract. I'm not sure if it was the salesperson or the company but clearly neither one was honest. I would never recommend this company to anyone!

Good Afternoon Mitchell,

Thank you so much for your bringing your concerns to our attention. After reviewing your account, I was able to determine that your refund was processed on 6/22/17. Refunds may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. You will receive an additional email with my contact information.

Respectfully,

Joe @ YP

Original review: June 22, 2017

I tried to get advertising with YP.com. I was quite dissatisfied. The rep. lied to me about what I would be getting. I was told that I would be paying over $179 per month. I went to cancel and they have not (as of yet) refunded my little $49. Do not advertise with YP.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Saroya exuded confidence and made me feel safe advertising with YP. I needed direction from a sales person due to my lack of experience with marketing and web advertising. We needed Dr. **'s name to come up when patients googled medical clinic, **, immigration, immunizations and DOT/CDL physicals.

Hello Alicia,

Chysa

Original review: June 19, 2017

I am part owner of a small business and was sold digital marketing services from YP that could help my company get more exposure online. I was told the traffic for my website would increase and my company would get prime spots on Google and other search engine websites. For 10 months we have not received any traffic from the services and only "ghost" phone calls that come in sporadically that originate from YP that they claim are "customer calls". They have the same number call 6 -10 times in a row to show we have received calls through the application but these aren't real customers and are just a rebuttal for them to prove their services work. I have tried to cancel the contract with them but have been unable to do so.

I really like working with the person assigned to my account. He is very good at identifying how to maximize my advertising dollar. He is thorough and has excellent artistic sense. He helped me design my ad and I loved his suggestions.

Resolution response: June 28, 2017

I have spoken with a live representative from yp to resolved this issue. The representative was professional and handled the problem timely and initiated contact due to my Consumer Affairs review. She performed her job well and I would rate her 5 stars.

That said, yp's policies hinder a real solution to this dilemma. It was only through the rating process on Consumer Affairs, that a person from yp's reputation management department actually took my complaint seriously. Currently, the only recourse for businesses with fake or libelous reviews is to review yp, wait for contact by yp, then ask to be have your "reviews suppressed" since they will not remove a review. So, for a custom business like mine, that is fine-ish, but for a business who relies on reviews of clients, that is still not a real solution. The real solution is legislation like the UK has which makes online publishers (which is what Google, yp, yelp, etc.) are classified as in the States, responsible for content by reviewers and thereby held to account legally for malicious reviews. For these reasons, I still rank yp as a 2-star company.

Good Morning Arni,

Thank you for allowing me to address and resolve your concern. If you have any other issues or concerns regarding your listing, please let me know. YP appreciates your business.

Chysa

Original review: June 18, 2017

I have proof of a fake review for my business and have contacted YP.com several times to ask for its removal. There is never any response other than an auto-e-mail response of: "Thank you for your feedback". I am a small business-owner in a very rural area and these sorts of libelous reviews hurt businesses like mine. I've read many articles on how to try to deal with these sorts of reviews and the one which comes up frequently is to try to bury it by asking patrons to review is a backward way of thinking. Why should I be penalized from a bully, ask a company to remove the libelous review to no effect and no service, but then get a bunch of others to give them business? No.

The responsible and ethical company removes reviews which are libelous and handles it internally. It creates a solid and trusted review notoriety with the general public that way, and THEN I'll ask my patrons to utilize that business. Otherwise, they'll end up as untrusted as Google reviews which are known to be inaccurate. Online review policies in our country need some serious legislative oversight like the UK has... It makes online review publishers responsible parties in cases like these. If the UK can force online review "services" to have ethics, why can't (or won't) the US? Small businesses do not have the time nor resources to stop everything to take care of ridiculous problems like these. No other generation of small business owners has had to put up with this kind of stress, time and money wasting, and reputation protecting just to feed family members.

No response received

Hi Rose,

We are attempting to reach you by phone and have left a message with our direct contact number. We will also send you an email with our findings.

Continue to have a good day.

Shenette, YP

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have been very displeased with the service I received for advertising my business info specifically my local phone number online. I found out I was paying for my phone number to accessible online and the incorrect number was listed. After two / three calls I received credit for my renewal the following year to compensate for the error to have my account then put on auto renew without my consent. Also, I began April 2017 trying to get my service cancelled but continued to receive emails, calls, invoices (recently I received a July 2017 invoice when my agreement expiration was June 2017). Not to mention, an imposter YP invoice was mailed to my address (& mistakenly paid to the tune of 500.00 by my husband, due to him trusting it was the correct YP account, which we never received our money back). My experience has YP has been so frustrating that I wasted more time to write this info in hopes to help others.

Hello Chi Ta Ta,

I would like to apologize for the less than stellar experience you received with the YP sales representative. We hold our sales team at a standard to where they are to present our products with an extended level of understanding and expertise. Although you decided to advertise with a different company, we would hope that in the future, you would give us another chance to assist you with your advertising needs. We wish you much success with your business.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I wanted a quote to advertise on YP. The salesperson Roy ** was rude, and keeps repeating the phrase 'to be honest' but anytime you ask him a specific question. He'll reorient you, and try to confuse you with something completely unrelated to what you're asking, until you forget what you're asking or get confused. Good job YP, I was ready to purchase the listing but your staff can't answer questions directly.

When I asked about pricing on specific programs that they were offering -- specifically on stats, and what search terms for my niche market, he did a search and it came back at 445 searches a month for my industry statewide. Which is really low, in order to make his sale look better, he added sub-categories which has nothing to do with my category for 'free' --- YP manager if you're reading this I would suggest you go back and review the phone call. When I mentioned and matched him with another marketing agency he got angry -- that other companies can actually provide stats, and without any knowledge of the other company starts to defame and discredit them, like a bull in a china shop. He then challenges me and say, "Sign up with them, you'll run back to us in a couple of months". The funny part is I already signed up for several months and they provided exactly what their stats showed, probably down to within 5% variance.

Hello Mr. Ebbs,

I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable experience you've had with your YP.com advertising. YP appreciates your long-term relationship with us, as we would like to continue our partnership for many more years to come. As mentioned in our phone conversation I will reach out to your sales representation regarding your concerns.

Original review: June 15, 2017

As a brand new business, YP was contracted to promote the business. Since the contract was signed, the only phone calls generated by YP advertising have been for requests for estimates for taxi rides, and for actual rides. After several lengthy phone calls with a customer service representative regarding the taxi ride phone calls, I finally had a heated discussion with their representative via telephone. The YP representative finally agreed to terminate this portion of the contract, but not the SEO portion, as the almighty dollar is more important than negative publicity. During our conversation, YP was informed that any opportunity to negatively promote their business would be utilized, and YP acknowledged the statement.

A week after our conversation (today) and being forced to keep the SEO portion of the contract, which had not yet been put into effect during the conversation, another phone call was received for a taxi ride. If this is the type of negative business promotion and public relations you are seeking for your business, YP is the perfect candidate!

Hi John

Respectfully,

Karmita T. @ YP

Original review: June 13, 2017

I advertised with YP Marketing Solutions for years and the minute that I stopped advertising, they put on the internet that my business was closed. They know better. When I contacted them they just put me on hold. I guess that is how they handle things.

Greetings Mr. Rich,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your cancellation concerns with you. If you need any additional assistance regarding this matter please feel free to contact me at the phone number or email address provided to you via email.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: June 8, 2017

After having an extensive talk with an YP sales rep we moved our ads YP. The program sound wonderful. We were informed the program was month to month after a 6-month contract. We were promised a top placement in a Google, Bing and a YP ad. None of promotions produced what we were promised after a 9 month study. These ads just do NOT produce enough customers or revenue. STAY AWAY. NOT WORTH IT.

We read the cancellation policy. Followed cancellation instructions to their standard. Sent certified mail as instructed and in timely manner. YP still billed for several months later. After discussing the problem with a sales rep we were promised that this issue would be credit to account. Now they have send this problem to a collection agency. The program DO NOT work. The service is full of employees who do NOT do the job. The old famous, "Not my department. Let me transfer you." The phone hangs up.

Hello Janice,

Karmita @ YP

Original review: June 7, 2017

I have been a Yellow Page advertiser for over 40 years. I have been trying with no luck to cancel my website advertising, for 3 months. I read all the reviews and the same issues I have are mentioned in all the negative reviews. It is impossible to get someone on the phone with any authority. I do get return phone calls from sales representatives that cannot do a darn thing except try to get me to make a mistake in their recorded conversation to use against me at a later time. I get numerous calls for late payment and am worried about my credit. I am going to have to seek legal counsel as they refuse to cancel the contract for not receiving the service promised. Their big thing is I had 10 days to cancel, but my website was not finished in that time period.

Resolution response: June 15, 2017

I am happy to report that this was a billing error rather than an evil corporation sticking it to the little business guy. This I could not tell from the information provided to me by the collection agency.

It is amazing how fast things can get fixed when you speak with the right person!

Thank you Chysa ** for your attention to and prompt resolution of this matter!

Hello Brian,

Chysa

Original review: June 6, 2017

About three years ago in 2014 I ran a trial Pay Per Call with YP. I received some calls from the advertising, but was not able to judge how effective it was due to having problems accessing my account. During a call from my rep I said "ok, let's up the amount for a few more months to see if we can get more calls." Almost immediately afterwards I finally got into my account and after reviewing the calls I did receive I found that only half of them were relevant! Some were out of area and some were outright wrong numbers. I immediately called my rep back to cancel. No campaign had been started up yet or anything. I recall that he was new and didn't know what to do in such a case or went on vacation around that time, but nothing happened. No more advertising was conducted.

I never received a call to adjust for substandard calls in the past or to improve the quality of future calls or anything like that, only a few collection calls for services that were ordered, but not yet provided as I explained to the callers. I never received an actual bill. A couple years go by. I moved and came across the documentation I had of text conversations with my rep and like a dummy tossed them out.

Now, almost another year later, out of the blue, a collection agency calls and says I owe YP $1,000. At first I thought it was a scam call and I was out of town so I ignored it. Then about a week later I got a letter. After conversing with the collection company I got what looks like a screen print of my account saying there was a previous billing date of 3/1/16. I have no idea of where that date came from??

I should be demanding the $1,200 I paid for poor results rather than having to pay them more for services although ordered were not delivered. The collection agency wants to add investigator fees and such to the bill. I have little documentation, and I imagine that YP only kept the recordings which make them look good. They should still have the recordings of the calls I received. How can I get this to be looked at fairly without paying an attorney $1,000+ to look at a bill for $1,000. Is this something I should take to Small Claims Court?

Resolution response: June 9, 2017

Thanks for contacting me Kanetta and explaining your advertising procedures. My apologies for confusing your company with another company. It is unfortunate your names are so close that I reviewed the wrong person.

Hello Mr. Patrick,

I am sorry to hear that you had an unfavorable customer experience an want to let you know that YP values their clients. As mentioned on the phone it appears that your advertising is with a different company other than YP.com. It was a pleasure speaking with you and I wish you much success with your business.

Warmest Regards,

Original review: May 30, 2017

They send you a little card in the mail to verify your business and in fine print by signing it you agree to over a 1000.00 a year cost to run your little bit of information online. Very shady and deceptive. Make sure you know what you are signing. Very rude customer service guy named Elbert when cancelling.

YP Marketing Solutions

My apologies YP has not responded sooner.

Please allow me to chat with YP Legal and get to the bottom of this issue. I am optimistic that we can figure out a way to achieve an amicable resolution. I’ll contact you in 24hrs.

Karmita T @ YP

Original review: May 30, 2017

I'll be brief as there is far too much to go into detail. We were with YP.com for years; we were offered one of their 'special deals' to upgrade, for a probationary time only, our contract. If we didn't like the new (twice as expensive) service, no problem, we simply revert back to our old contract and move on with the old contract date still intact. Due to many, many errors on YP.com's part, we elected not to continue with the new and improved costly service. Well, reverting back was not so simple. They would not recognize the original contract.

We asked repeatedly for an explanation of how it was we owed beyond our original contract. We even contacted the state Attorney General's office, who after reviewing our information, asked YP.com the same questions. Since YP.com is not compelled to cooperate with the AG's office, they simply have stalled them with "I'm out of town and the only person at YP.com who can respond to this" ...twice, the AG has received this response. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, YP.com is as unethical as any company can get, and they simply don't care to change that image. We were with them for years, and likely would have stayed for years more had it not been for our poor treatment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Is been working great. So far I'm satisfy to 100%. I'll keep trying every day. I highly recommend YP to anyone. Looking forward to send some more clients to my rep. Working experience is been great. I love working with YP. I also like having a bunch of work.

Hello Lisa,

Chysa

Original review: May 24, 2017

We sold our business last year but received a bill from YP for advertising the following year. I never received a contract or any other communication from YP for advertising. Our business has advertised since 1993 and I have always received a visit, phone call, or email before the phone book was printed. This is the only year I did not receive any communication. I have attempted to resolve this issue multiple times with multiple people, all unsuccessful. I have now been sent a letter from a collection agency regarding the account. If I could give YP less than a 1 star I would.

Hello Joey!

Let me first say that I am sorry to hear that your experience with your YP advertising was not to your expectations. I was able to get in touch with your sale representative Chris and he will be reaching out to you regarding this matter. Again, I apologize and we hope to get this matter resolved for you.

Warmest regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: May 19, 2017

I had great hope for the results I would receive after meeting with Chris, my YP sales rep in Denver. We met and went over numbers and what I could expect from them as a company. I made him very aware of my company being customer service based and the importance of customer service to me being a consumer from YP if I choose they buy their service.

Chis assured me that I would have topnotch care and service and if at any point within the first 6 months of the 1 yr contract I could leave, pay only what time I had used. Every time I asked for this paper that he said he would give in writing he would stall and or say that he was emailing me it. After realizing that I could not get anything accomplished through Chris, I proceeded to "Try" to contact the sales manager. That's # was given to me by calling YP only to make contact with voicemail which I have called many times and left messages.

The only times I can make useful contact with this company is when they call to collect the money for this contract that they have failed to fulfill. Now I am receiving email collection notices from collection company while I still have active dispute with this company. When the lady from YP collections called me about 2 weeks ago I filed another dispute/claim within YP. I was told I would be contacted within 48 hrs. Still not a call 1 from them. Only email from their collection company they hired.

Hello Joseph,

Chysa

Original review: May 17, 2017

YP Review. YP Still Known as a Print Company. I have been a SBC/ATT/YP customers for many years. Over the last several years some of my advertising dollars have switched from print to digital. During this transition period I was quoted approximately $30-$35 per call for my advertising dollars. My advertising is at about 55% digital and 45% print. My overall cost per call is more than double what I was quoted by my rep. When the program started I was much closer to the $30-$35 budget but now overall cost per call is $78.97 per call. The breakdown is Google Search $52.81 per call, Yellow Page Print $97.65 per call and YP.com $145.00 per call.

I don't understand how YP's own search portal of advertising is delivering almost 3x the cost of my Google Search Program. In the days of print only advertising your rep would contact you 1-2 times a year to renew your advertising. Digital advertising is totally different and need regular attention to make sure your keyword are working, what click is converting into a call (since they track everything) and to make sure the ROI is in-line with expectations.

This is where the new YP has failed me. I still get contacted 1-2 times a year to renew my advertising and get reports of my digital activity monthly but only get the data that YP wants me to have. Their Google Search Program is delivered on Landing Pages and not the website that YP created for me. Granted my website is outdated and Cookie Cutter looking but no one ever contacts me to review my website and how it might be improved to bring me more business. The Google landing page has less information than my website.

Their www.adsolutions.yp.com website for traffic is less than helpful. It does not give anything other than the number of calls. I do not know what keywords are being used, what the cost per click is, and the conversation ratio from click to call. These are all important factors to evaluate the success of my program and only have access to the number of calls which are so high will put me out of business. Beware of using YP for your advertising needs. It is only a business to them and they are not interested in helping your business grow only the growth of YP.com!

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile