2454people found this page helpful

• 4 stars1%
  • 3 stars3%
  • 2 stars5%
  • 1 stars89%

YP has been leading the way for local marketing in the U.S. for over 100 years. We strive to help local businesses and communities thrive.

Nearly 60 million consumers use the YP app and yp.com each month in the U.S. YP solutions connect consumers daily through online presence, direct marketing, local search, and so much more. Our services are backed by thousands of media professionals in local markets across the U.S.

Call us today to learn more!

Hello Erin!

Thank you taking the time to rate us and for your thoughtful comment. We would like to share your thoughts with our team. Please provide me with your account and contact information at your earliest convenience.

Marti

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I am taken aback by all of the negative reviews. My representative Christina is here completely for her clients and genuinely cares about me growing my business. She isn't a scam, I don't have the funds and she worked out a perfect package and I've seen great results.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 19, 2016

Good follow up!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Sebastien! I've very sorry for your experience. We'd like to begin assisting you with your concerns. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

YP

I spoke with Sebastien, and explained that the yellow page company that he has the advertising with is not affiliated with us. This is an entirely separate organization and has no dealing with our company. I located the company in question and explained to Sebastien how he could locate and contact them. Sebastien understood and said, he would contact them.

YP is always willing to work with our customers and amicably resolve any complaints. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

A guy calls you, makes you believe that he's calling for an online ad renewal in 2 months, presents you the whole YP offer for 30 minutes then makes you verbally sign a contract for enhanced listing on their site. First thing you know is that the organization where you work hasn't dealt with them for several years. Of course, they got you on the tape and now you are stuck with a 12-month contract at $250/month. In addition, they are not even providing any help to set up your company's profile page. BE CAUTIOUS!

YP Marketing Solutions

May I have your advertising account number to better assist you Marty?

I will await your reply.

Angela

Hello Marty. I apologize, I would like to assist you with your concerns. Please forward your account number and someone will contact you regarding your account.

Angela

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I received a phone call from a yp.com rep (Sandra). She told me that she has a whole bunch of people searching for my business right now online and they can't find it. She said "Hundreds of people are looking for your services." So I signed up with them $158.00 a month. It's been 5 months. They have not provided me with one customer, not even 1 review. All I get is calls from numbers from Florida and all over the country except my state (Pennsylvania) and when I answer these fake calls, no one is ever on the other end of the line, and then those fake calls and numbers show up on my yp.com dashboard... LOL... That's how I know they are sending me that fake calls.

I called them to cancel my subscription. They told me I can't because I have a contract with them. So basically I'm paying $158.00 month for the next 7 months for false promises. This is a new business I just started and I can't believe these scavengers are robbing me like this and taking money that I didn't even make... It makes perfect sense why 90% of new businesses fail. It's because of animals like yp.com and LocalEdge.com. Stay away from these two. Between both of the Internet marketing sites I'm spending $500.00 a month for the last 5months and they did not get me 1 customer not 1... Not even a call for an estimate!!! Stay away from these inbreed bastards. They will rob you and take all your money!!! Stay away from yellowpages.com, yp.com, localedge.com. Stay away. Save your money. You have a better chance to put logos on your car or truck to get customers... Don't do internet marketing!!! Stay away from yp.com!!!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Anurag. I apologize for your experience with YP, LLC. Please provide your account number to better assist you with your concerns. Someone will contact you.

Angela

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I won't explain everything that happened as I do no have a lot of time. However, any business approached by yellow pages be very cautious. This company is full of rats. They will take your money with no refund available and you can't even break contract. So be very careful. Avoid them like the plague and put your money into better places such as Kijiji, google or Facebook. Honestly you'll get ** results with yellow pages. In fact, I didn't even get one even though they promised a whole lot and when I put a free ad on kijiji I got so many. Again please please please I urge anyone before they decided to do business with Yellow Pages to think twice. Anything that doesn't have a full refund or even an opt-out available is probably a scam.

Hello Prasad!

I apologize for your experience and would like to help. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Lori

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I have contacted YP in 2015 early. I signed up for 300 a month advertising... then my account was assigned to a local sales rep who made false promises and upgraded my account to $1686 a month. After paying few months with zero results I asked them to close my account. After that so many different levels of executives from YP contacted me that they are going to fix the problem. Now they are threatening me to get their money legally. YP sucks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Brad. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the issues surrounding information in your advertising campaign. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I signed up with YP over five years ago with two locations. I have never seen another rep nor have I had anyone call me to verify information was still accurate, would l like any edits nothing but a bill. Approximately 4 years ago, we grew and moved both of our locations. Early last year I realized I was paying for wrong information. I contacted YP but could never speak to a rep. He was never in but I had one assigned and NO ONE ELSE in the company can help. Long story short, I have spent hours on the phone trying to speak to someone who will simply get my information right.

We are now up to four locations but YP says I owe regardless of whether info is accurate. My contract auto renews and I should simply keep paying. WRONG. I have sent three letters, which have all gone unanswered. I cannot get anyone to respond in writing. When I call they say, "This call is being recorded." I tell them ALSO on my end, "You can't do that". They want NO record of poor customer service, no record that they print misinformation. They refuse to respond in writing OR simply fix my address and phone. How simple. I would pay if they would get it right!! But I will not pay for unauthorized misinformation.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Pennie. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the confusion around your advertising campaign renewal. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

YP

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I had Yellow Pages advertising associated with my AT&T telephone service since opening my business in 2003. I relocated my business to an area that is not serviced by AT&T and cancelled the AT&T account. Unknown to me, the YP account was not discontinued. I have tried multiple times to cancel the account. I have called YP and each time after spending over 45 minutes on the phone, I am "transferred" to someone with more authority. But at each transfer, I get disconnected. This has happened three times. I cannot believe it is a coincidence.

They then send me emails saying they are trying to contact me but are not successful and that they are cancelling the request. When I try to answer the email or call back to speak to the person who sent the email, I go through the whole process all over again. I attempted to enlist AT&T's help since it was their rep who failed to tell me this account would continue. They connected me to a rep from YP who said he would call me back within an hour with a resolution. That was three days ago and have not heard since. It should not be this difficult to cancel a service which I never entered into with them in the first place.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Yvonne. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the confusion around your advertising charges. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

In 2014 I was contacted by YP salesman as my contract was up for renewal. The new monthly fee was too high and told them so. I told them that I did not want to renew my contract in numerous different telephone calls. I also emailed back and forth. It seems that my contract "automatically renewed" after I failed to respond and did not returned the signed contract. The amount that they quoted me and what they billed me was 21.00 higher. I paid the bill for the first six months. As it moved closer to renewal, I stopped making the payments and was finally able to get the contract cancelled. However I still owe for six months of advertising that I did not agree to nor did I want. If you have a small business, do NOT use YP, use Google or Bing. Something you can control.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Michell. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the confusion around your advertising campaign. Please provide me with your account and contact information to help get this issue resolved.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I have spent 8 months going round and round about a contract that I feel I am unfairly responsible for and essential tricked into. I simply wanted to be listened to and understood. Instead I have been sent to multiple representatives that say the same script messages, "I understand maam" and "You signed a contract," it's a robotic response. Or I don't get a return phone call after I am told a manager will call me. I am extremely disappointed and upset that NO ONE will consider my side of the story or listen.

Customer service is listening to a customer and finding a solution. After 8 months, I have basically been told "too bad, you must pay the bill," and it's not their problem. "It's recorded, maam." Honestly, it doesn't matter. If a customer is unhappy, you need to listen and find a solution. I have a very viable business and YP has been a waste of money and TIME. I would highly suggest that businesses considering using YP to consider another marketing solution.

YP Marketing Solutions

The customer was contacted. YP apologized and explained that his request had been processed. The customer was satisfied with the resolution. Thank you.

Hello Thomas. We apologize for the experience you had with us. I will contact you at the telephone number you provided. Please rest assured that I will make sure your concerns are addressed.

Kindest Regards

Angela

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

A YP rep was supposed to help my business with a website and advertising. They published the website before we could review it and let's just say it was terrible. Then they gave us runaround until we demanded our money back. They still haven't returned the money weeks later and a lawsuit will be coming.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Bret. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. I apologize for the confusion around your advertising campaign. I will be contacting you later today.

YP

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Knowing what I know now I wish I had never done business with YP online. They were nice to start then when they use a tracking number and not tell me I get upset. I called the day it came online and told them to change it. That was March and now it's August. The last time I talked to Ms. ** she was rude and told me I was not her only customer. All I want to do is get this fixed. I don't want her fired or anything. I just want my dang advertisement right. I am sick of hearing 24 to 48 hours. By the way most people use google or yahoo that is about 90% of people. And by the way I know I am under contract but I think YP owes me something. Something else. It's not even one star. It is minus 500.

Dear Ivo,
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. I was unable to locate an active account with the information provided here. Could you please send us an email with your account number to ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns?
Kindest Regards,

YP

We have tried to reach Ivo on several occasions but he has not been available. A message was left with Nicole each time. Nicole was also advised that this complaint was filed against the incorrect Yellow Pages company, as YP doesn't provide service outside of the United States.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

To all that have a business and are considering different forms of advertising I would like to share my opinion on YELLOW PAGES digital media promotions. I am not happy with the results that I have been getting and wanted to change my services with them. They will not allow me to lower or change the monthly amount only increase, I was told that I could change. I have been told that I agreed to this and was recorded, which I disagree with but when I asked for the recorded they could not produce it. I was sent a link that did not work. I would not recommend Yellow Pages as an option. NOT WORTH IT!!!

Resolution In Progress

Yellowpages.com is the most worthless advertising investment anyone could ever make. The results of searches are pathetic and declines every month. At a cost of $315 per month its robbery!! They are the biggest cons. Be aware of the auto-renewal clause in the Yellow Pages print and internet advertising contracts. All a business needs is an updated Google Business listing which is 100% FREE. Keep this business listing updated, and keep your website current and your customers will find you. If you try to get them to understand that you need to get out of the contract they will anger you to the point you could be locked up for being mental!! Then they threaten to put you on a bad debt list to ruin your credit rating!! Has anyone beaten them??

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello German. We apologize that you are having this problem. I would like to assist you with your concerns. Please email us with your advertising account number.

I will await your reply.

Respectfully!

Angela

Our email address is: ypexec@yp.com

Original review: July 29, 2016

I received a few phone calls to my business from a sales rep saying how he could be able to generate more paying customers to help grow my business. When he called, he never mention he work for YP, he lied. He said he worked for google. On the phone he sounded very convincing. "Of course he is a salesman". My business partner and I decided to meet with him to learn more about his product. We met in march 2016. When he came to our office he pull out a YP business card, we were a bit skeptical about it. Originally he said he work for google not YP. Should have known better at the point not continue forward with this guy. But he was already here so we were curious about what he had to say. Here is a list of what he promised:

* 24-43 paying customer per month.
* A meeting at least once per month to see results.
* If results weren't met we wouldn't be charged for the following month.

* If results weren't met they would use other alternatives such as sending out postcards to bring the promised leads, or not charging our account until leads were delivered, or if for some reason YP didn't comply with their promises they would terminate the contract.

It sounded all good at the time so we when ahead and signed a 12 month contract for $24000. 3 months into the contract we didn't get much results from YP, so we set a meeting with our sales rep, he brought his boss along. They came, they said that advertising in the internet takes time, that we should be patient. They said that we need to think of it like a fish net, "When you throw it in the water you have to leave it there for some time before it catches any fish." They are very good at lying, and will always make up any deceiving story to keep you giving them your money.

Most of the calls we get from are advertisement, people requesting different services that Attic Crawl doesn't provide such as asbestos removal, windshield repair, bedbug removal, hardwood floor installation, hang ups, ETC Hang ups or short calls lasting average of 5 sec. We follow up but when we call back the phone just rings and there is no answer or voicemail receiver.

Now we are 6 months into the contract we haven't got the promised results, we have called and emailed the original sales rep and his boss demanding results as paying customers. They neither answer our calls nor reply to any emails. YP is a well known company, therefore we didn't do our due diligence to find out more about the company. We feel cheated by this company, they have no intention of helping your business grow but just to take as much money from you as they can.

YP Marketing Solutions

Dear Matthew, I am very sorry that you have not been satisfied with your service from YP Marketing Solutions. A representative will be in touch with you by telephone to assist you with your concern. Respectfully, YP

Original review: July 27, 2016

I been put in a new contract for another year! without my knowledge or consent! I have tried many times to contact them to cancel this year's 2016 contract, by phone and by mail and by email, even tried contacted the local TV Station that may also help me! Also they gave me an option on contacting office of the attorney general and will be trying that next step.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Danilo. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to assist you with your concerns. Please provide your advertising account number.

Sincerely,

Angela

Original review: July 21, 2016

I cannot even give YP online Marketing Solutions a one star. I've been bounced around to several people who has no "authority" to cancel my online advertising. Within the time frame that I could cancel the "contract," I sent them an email that I wanted to cancel but they didn't. And so for three months, now they gave me no customer for my advertising and callously continue to charge my credit card for $170 per month. Oh, by the way, I give them 5 star for getting my credit card information and charging it quick. They are lightning quick when it comes to that.

YP Marketing Solutions

Dear Customer, I am so sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the service that you have received from YP Marketing Solutions! Our representative, Lori, has spoken with you today and has verified that your program has been cancelled and the deposit will be refunded. I hope that your concerns have been resolved and that you are now satisfied with the action taken by our executive team. Sincerely, Miss L

Original review: July 18, 2016

I contacted YP to advertise my business online. After a couple calls I decided on a $4k plan and signed up. They quickly charged me and said by next week Friday, "you'll be live, you'll receive a follow-up call in the next few days to setup content." No calls ever come except from my original salesperson, asking me if I want to go ahead with the ad? Baffled, I told him "I'm 99% sure we just had this conversation a few days ago and I went through the whole process your describing and signed up." He proceeds to tell me I'm wrong and he just need my credit card info and he'll get it setup. I log into my bank account and sure enough, they've already charged me.

Now I get put on hold and when he comes back he's sorry, and he's "not sure what happened, there's no excuse but they talk to a lot of people." I ask that a manager call me back because at this point I'm very skeptical of this process. Not to mention he lost me phone number 3 times throughout all of these calls and continued to call my business, ask for my cell so he could call me. No calls ever come, not from anyone to set up my ad. I leave messages with the manager in charge, he never calls, I email customer support etc. NOTHING. All I can do now is dispute the charge or sue to get my money. It's unbelievable how bad their customer service is. Spend your advertising dollars elsewhere.

For the first 5 months of YP Marketing Solutions, the telephone number they supplied for potential customers to call my Longview office went nowhere. People would call and the call would just dead-end somewhere. I complained and they fixed that. I have two offices on their plan and when you Googled "hearing aids, Longview, WA" Google would take you to my other office in Chehalis WA, 41 miles away. They claimed that they fixed that. However, now when Googling either "hearing aids Longview WA" or "hearing aids Chehalis WA" the landing page YP made for us doesn't show up at all. I've asked more than once for that to be fixed but it isn't fixed. Meanwhile, they keep collecting their $400 per month.

They also told me that they would review my results on a quarterly basis and if I wasn't getting the results they said I would then they would either increase their efforts or reduce the price. I haven't received the results they said I would and I asked for a review to be done but so far they haven't. I also have to manage the whole campaign myself because nobody at YP has my back and are watching it for me. I have to keep checking to see if everything is right when YP should be doing that.

It is as if they don't really care if they have a good product, they just want do a half-baked job and expect full payment for it as if they were a legitimate company fulfilling their promises and giving businesses what they paid for. To be honest, YP isn't that far from providing what I bought. It's just some small but crucial things that should be easily taken care of but they don't take care of them in a timely manner. Meanwhile, the meter continues to run and I'm 7 or 8 months into the contract with zero sales to show for it.

YP Marketing Solutions

We apologize you feel this way. May I please have your contact information to better assist you with your concerns? Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your business. I will await your reply.

Respectfully!

Hi Clifton,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your YP advertising. I would like to make it right. Please provide your contact and account information to ypexec@yp.com and I will get right on it.

Regards,

YP

Original review: July 11, 2016

A case of deception and false promises!! I had a fast talking agent harass me for 2 months!! I finally gave him a chance to show me how they claim "YP.com will get my small business at the very least 10-12 paying leads per month!!" It's a Farce! They Don't, Won't, Can't!!! Run the other way!! It is a waste of your money!! They tell you if you don't get results immediately (meaning paying leads) then they don't charge you for that month and they have specialists that will supposedly "invest" into your "partner advertising campaign." They tell you yp.com is partnering up in advertising campaign with your small business. They take your hard earned money $ folks, and then yp.com and rep, agent etc. - they abandon you! You get zero contact from your yp.com rep!

Only thing I get as far as calls since getting involved with yp.com is solicitation from companies trying to sell my company something... how's that beneficial to my business... It's a JOKE!! They had a website they were supposed to design. Totally incorrect of the area of my business, had me send them related pics, info for web page, but never used them and actually had them on web page. I was told that I was sold a DIY web page... was given password to then design it myself which in no way did I ever agree to a DIY web page! I believe it was a plain out lie. The web page was left incorrect for 4 months even after I made yp.com supervisor well aware of issues.

All 3 reps I had in a very short time were all fired. I was never contacted by their supervisor or anyone from yp.com letting me know that I had lost rep that was handling my yp.com account... which had never been corrected... all the while yp.com is billing me!! I currently have not been able to get anything resolved with yp.com. None of the Advertising Personnel have contacted me. I have heard from the Accounts Dept. at yp.com wanting $ for Bogus Advertising Campaign!! I have a lawyer and intend to fight yp.com. There are so many cheaper, much better advertising options out there. Do yourself, and your small business a great favor, and Forget yp.com!!

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. DeRuiter. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please be so kind, and send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: July 10, 2016

When I first rec'd sales call, I was told how advertising with Yellow Pages would open my company to thousands of mobile users searching for my services. After numerous months, I wasn't getting any calls from Yellow Pages but many from other sources. I called YP to cancel, stating that the results were not what I was led to believe they would be. They said it's a contract and wouldn't let me.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. Steele. I will contact you later today. I'm on central standard time. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right.

Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: July 7, 2016

First off I can barely understand half the people I talk to. Most reps don't speak very good English and it's very hard to explain a problem. I started a YP ad solutions program with them for a guaranteed 30 clicks a month. Three months in and I have 35 clicks. I asked to cancel within the first month and was told I had agreed to a 12-month contract. I had no idea that this was a contract I had agreed to. I had thought it was a monthly plan like Google's AdWords. I called several times and they say someone will get back to me in 24 hours and they never do. I call back and start the process over again. I asked for a written contract and they said there isn't one. Only a voice contract. I'm then told that my contract wasn't guaranteed even though I was told it was the very day I signed up over the phone. I have now hired a lawyer. I am tired of paying for a service that doesn't work like promised. I'm also tired of being told different things by different reps.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. Gadberry, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 29, 2016

Trying to cancel our business ad. Instead of cancelling my account they transfer me to sales. So far 40 minutes and 3 calls, still have nothing to show it's been cancelled. Said they would email me right away. Refused to let me talk with Mark ** their customer experience officer. They've already cost us over $400, and now it appears they're trying for another $500 sale.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mr. Brevetti. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 27, 2016

Please, please please. If you care at all about your business stay far away from these people! Everything that everyone else said is 1000% accurate. I won't even repeat it as it is all redundant. Just know I've read through tons of these reviews and haven't found one I didn't agree with or face a similar case. This company screwed up our internet presence so bad, that a newly opened location is having business directed away from it because YP has all of the information wrong and is pushing the false info all throughout the web. Can't get anyone on the phone to change it. They won't let us (the owners of the damn business) go into any of the directories or anything to change it to the correct information. They tell us we're "stuck" in the contract. Not getting any leads or calls, paying over 700$ a month (just for one location).

Make no mistake: THIS IS DESTROYING OUR BUSINESS. Google will kill our page ranking if this information is not fixed. YP wants nothing to do with it. We're "stuck" for months with a service that's actively hurting our business. This can't be legal. Filing every sort of complaint/legal action under the Sun against these crooks. They need to be stopped.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Mariola. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 24, 2016

When Tiffany ** recorded my agreement over the phone, I interrupted her asking if I will be able to cancel the service if for some reasons I'll be not happy. She stopped the recording and promised me that there will be no problem. She became my contact person. She never returned my phone calls or emails. I called many times the customer service, spoke with Leline, Mike, John, Linda and many more. Finally I talked to Trish ** asking to cancel the service and she threatened me with collections when I would dispute the charges. Please stay away from those people. It is not worth it to spent your time, energy and money.

Factual basis uncertain

Cancellation has to be done in writing so I did & sent the letter to the YP Cancellation Manager at the address mentioned on blogs and on the Terms & Conditions - and it was refused. Returned to me today less the green slip that was supposed to come back to me as proof of delivery. How unethical this company is. There is no benefit. Might as well throw the money down the toilet. Cannot get a human on the phone. Instead get "you've won a vacation in Florida" B.S. ads and then it hangs up. So what now? Do I just not pay the bill and wait for the collection agency to call me. Again, how unethical.

Resolution response: July 8, 2016

I was contacted by yp.com and was able to come to a satisfactory resolution. Thank you.

YP Marketing Solutions

Hello Linda. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you please send us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at ypexec@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns? Kindest Regards, YP!

Hello Linda,

Thank you for reaching out to us via email. I am glad we were able to reach an agreeable solution. If we can ever be of assistance again, please contact us. Kindest Regards, YP!

Original review: June 21, 2016

I had advertised with yellow pages for years before the internet without a problem. I began advertising with YP.com about 4 years ago. Every year the cost went up and if I tried to cut back, because it was so pricey, my Rep told me I couldn't because it would actually cost me more if I did considering it was a package deal. The Rep told me she could put tracking numbers on my listing online and in the book so that we could "see our wonderful results" but that it had to be for the entire years contract. That's when the problem began as I was able to go online and listen to recorded calls, it was obvious something was terribly wrong!

We had constant wrong number phone calls and very few of our own calls. This went on the entire year and they were not able to FIX the problem but assured me they were working on it. At the end of that years contract I was so furious and sure I wanted out, but to convince me to stay they offered a 5000.00 credit for their error and they knew what had happened and guaranteed it would be fixed. I had also requested that my original phone number be put back online and in print instead of their "tracking number". It was not fixed, it never got fixed, it got worse and they suggested that I talk the people who called into coming to my business instead of the one they called! Really? I had people calling for doctors offices!

I started to ask callers where they got our number from. Seems every one of them said, "I dialed directly from YP.com." I asked them who they were trying to call and I started calling the business they actually meant to call. I wanted to see if they were getting my calls... Yes... Yes they were getting my calls!! So YP.com has really hurt my business not to mention the other businesses that weren't receiving calls because I was getting them! I demanded that the contract be terminated and credit issued again. I got a lousy 3500.00 credit for the entire year and an early termination of contract for online YP.com only. I still have to pay for the print. Even though I was paying 2741.00 a month for YP.com they only credited 3500.00.

To this day I still receive wrong numbers and have no idea where or who is receiving my calls. Please don't ever advertise with the yellow pages or YP.com... It will be your worst nightmare! It's a shame that they are able to rip off businesses and get away with it the way they do. I wish I knew how to get a class action lawsuit started against YP and stop them for taking advantage of anyone else.

Last year YP put an authorized charge on my AT&T bill for yellow pages advertising that I did not authorize. I informed AT&T that I was contesting the charge and contacted YP customer service. The rep told me that the charge had already been cancelled and didn't understand why it was on my bill. Months later it was still showing on my AT&T bill so I contacted YP again and they assured me that they would reissue a credit. I finally received a credit statement from YP but the charge continued to show on my AT&T bill. When I switched my phone service from AT&T to another carrier, AT&T sent the YP charge to a collection agency.

After having wasted hours trying to resolve this issue with AT&T and YP, I filed a complaint with the FCC. That afternoon I receive a telephone call from the president's office at AT&T and at YP. The issue was finally resolved when YP sent a refund check to me and I in turn paid AT&T for the balance that should never have been on my bill. I thought that was the end of the story, but today I just got another bill in the mail from YP trying to renew an advertising contract that I didn't authorize. Lucky for me I still have the contact information for the YP president's office ‘cause I'm not wasting any more time with customer service.

Factual basis uncertain

Will tell you anything to get your business. The salesperson promises the moon just to get your voice approval and then does whatever he wants. Their service are costly and are not worth. I been lied to so many times I cannot count them all. Once they have your voice approval NO matter what you have been told by their salesperson you have NO rights as a customer!!! They are only concerned about MONEY and nothing else. My experience would take 1000's of words. Don't believe anything they tell you and don't agree to anything.

Factual basis uncertain

Most useless service I have ever come across. Customer service is HORRIFIC. I had to speak to 9 people yesterday and spend over 2.5 hours on the phone, and in the end nothing got resolved. Spending $500 plus a month to have 0 people call us or go on our website is unacceptable. This transpired over 3 plus months of not one call from a lead, was guaranteed 20/month and received not one lead. The sales rep made all sorts of promises which the service didn't live up to 1/1000th of, then the customer service rep tells me that they are doing the best they can, then I don't hear from them again, just their collections department. It's 2016. You can't scam people and get away with it. Should've read this prior to signing up because apparently I am not the first or the 1,000th person to have the same exact experience. This company is known for its bad practices, horrible customer service, and giving people no results.

Hello Deanna!
Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your concerns. I very much appreciated the time you took to speak with me yesterday. I will contact you today to continue our conversation.
Regards,

Denise, YP

Original review: May 26, 2016

We were letting our digital contract run out, due for renewal in August 2016. Giving the opportunity to consider different approach of SEO, ads, etc. I was told we had just signed back up in February. I demanded a copy, because this was a lie. They produced a copy, with a signature of the business owner with the WRONG HANDWRITING. We are a small office of 6 people. It's no one's handwriting ever. And the Dr.'s first name, was the wrong name! IT WAS FORGED. Getting the runaround. Not happy.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile