toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Hi Jeffrey!

Thank you so much for your great review. We work hard to make sure that our customers are taken care of and to hear that you are taken care of is great.

We want to continue that relationship far into the future so if there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

Scott

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Highly recommend this company. I've used several other companies in the past and this is by far the best. They are extremely helpful and very friendly. They take the time to explain everything to you and make sure you understand exactly what is they are going to do.

Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for your review and specifically, your positive relationship with Brent. We are very proud of our sales team and we love it when others recognize their efforts too!

Thank you again and please let us know if there is anything we can do to continue the great relationship we have with you.

Thanks,

Scott

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Brent ** is amazing and goes above and beyond! I highly recommend him to help you with your overall marketing plan. YP has so many advertising and marketing options and they help you keep up with the current technology and SEO options.

Hi Coyne,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you that you are taken care of and fully satisfied.

If there is ever anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out to either Alli or myself.

We wish you continued success!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Thank you Alli for everything you do and have done for us. You're a pleasure to work with and you're not only very understanding of our needs but also have a concern to the overall success of our business. This speaks volumes to you as a person. Thank you.

Hi Jennie,
We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP.

I will be contacting you within 48 business hours regarding your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I told my sales man I was not going to renew my agreement unless he fixed the address online and placed me under the heading of banquets on the mobile app. I was told I could have the top two listing. I was waiting for him to get back to me and he never did, instead it went into auto renewal. I never agreed with this and I spent several days and many hours trying to cancel this agreement I never agreed to. My sales man and his boss will not even return my phone calls. They have fixed my address, but I never got my placement.

Hi Kim,

I just wanted to follow up with you again and let you know that this matter has now been resolved. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I have been a YP customer for 19 years, since I started my business. When my YP representative started calling in April of 2016 to make changes to my ad or to have me sign a new contract, I continually told him I did not want to run an ad. He was extremely persistent, to the point of being rude! I told him he could give me some prices, but I really felt I wanted to take a break and try some other avenues. He called relentlessly and sent e-mails. On August 8th 2016 I told him in no uncertain terms that I would not renew, and to cancel all of my ads, print and internet, to please call me on a recorded line so that I could make it official, he would not return my calls after that, I sent him an email stating this same cancellation, again never any response.

I have been charged ever since, and called daily by collections, I have called YP customer service 3 times, only to be told the account was never canceled. I finally spoke to someone on December 21, 2016 and he seemed to take care of things, but no!! Again the phone calls are coming and the bills in the mail. I originally wanted to take a year off, and now I will NEVER advertise with YP ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Very disappointed. This is a well known company... turns out a company of scammers! I had canceled my account because I got absolutely nothing out of it. No new customers, no ads, NOTHING. Yet 5 months later still being charged. Couldn't even get in contact with my agent RICHARD **. He answered once only to get the runaround and now won't answer the phone. Customer service is also useless. Blab the same line they are trained to say and have no managers to resolve matters. This isn't going to fly. Stay far away from this company. I have contacted a lawyer and the attorney general.

Good Afternoon Sharon,

I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP! In order to provide you with resolution, please email your business account information directly to us at ypexec@yp.com. You will receive a response within 48 business hrs after receipt of your information.

Please continue to have a good day!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My husband and I opened a business in August 2015 and engaged YP to assist with online marketing since they were supposed to be the "professionals". We signed a contract for which I specifically noted the number of leads that the sales rep promised. After receiving inquiries completely unrelated to our business (examples are: apartment rentals, mammogram appointments, food stamps, and phone calls from consumers outside of our 2000 square mile territory), I stopped paying the $600 per month fee. Needless to say, we hadn't received the previously agreed upon number of leads, and we refused to pay good money for less than expected results.

The call tracking system failed to forward many calls to our phone--the result of which was potential customers listening to a phone ringing and ringing with no answer or voicemail. If you've owned a business, you understand the sick feeling when you realize that your company is being called, but the phone on your desk isn't ringing--customers may have felt like we were a "fly by night" business who didn't care enough to answer the phone, and we don't get a second chance with those folks!

I phoned YP numerous times--cases were created--and then, after internal reviews, the cases were closed. I never got to participate in any discussion except with the person who recorded my grievance. Our rep offered a direct mailer post card to 1000 homes. I got to choose the zip code... and we did get a couple of phone calls from that mailer. (Still not enough to satisfy the agreed upon monthly total noted in the contract.)

Shortly after the end date of the 6-month contract, we were sent to collections. The agent assigned to our case was professional and after considering all the "evidence" that I have, suggested that YP settle for a fraction of the balance due. Since I did not hear back from them, I assumed the matter was put to rest... Until I received a phone call from a different agency a month ago! Now we are starting the same "song and dance" with a new partner!!

My question is why has there not been some kind of class action suit filed against this company??? With so many grievances about their unethical practices and intimidation tactics, they continue to harass their former customers. I've wasted so much time on this case, I should be the one receiving money from them!! I'm not an attorney, but a contract is defined as an agreement for both parties to fulfill the specified terms. If YP didn't provide my leads, then why do they expect my payment?

Hi Cynthia!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We've heard nothing but great things from your company out there in Orange County and we want to continue to help you thrive.

If there is anything that your rep or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. We thank you for the last 7 years and hope to keep growing your business for the next 70.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

7 Years working for this company. YP has met what they said and in a timely matter. If I reach out to my rep. he gets back to me right away and solves any issue I have and some. I highly recommend YP for any advertising needs.

Good Morning Brandon,

We have already established the complaint and it's resolution via the BBB submission made by you on 2/9/17.

We have investigated the YP account. Although the contact information is listed as Cleaner; Image Pressure Washing & Property Maintenance; the actual Listing and all reference to the business on YP.com and Google show the correct business name of On Call Property Maintenance.

The account contact information has been updated to reflect the correct business name along with the name that is listed on the bill.

The terms of the current contract is due to end 3/9/17. We have updated the contract to ensure that it does not auto renew after this time.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Originally YP would contact me frequently to try and get me signed up. I didn't want to so I repeatedly declined. They called back one evening and offered me half the time of the contract which would be 6 months (and the low rate of 99 dollars). Reluctantly I gave in and signed up. Didn't think much about it afterwards until later while checking some emails. I realized that they were advertising the wrong business. I called and informed them this was not my business and should be changed. Another month goes by I received another email which was the same as the last one. By this time I was getting a little upset.

I have called every month about this to the point where I've had to cuss them. I have no other options because now they won't confirm the closing of the account. I try to call in and cancel, they say they will have to call me back and never do. This is the third call to cancel that after he said he would have to call me back that I lost it in a hail of cuss words. At this point I have no other option but to block them from my account, if they try to continue charging and are unable and go for collections I will have to hire a lawyer. I wouldn't recommend YP to liberals.

Hi Chris,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

1 year ago I was approached by Michelle **, Digital Sales Executive, about doing a digital marketing campaign with YP Marketing Solutions. She promised me that according to her "data" they were getting hundreds, if not over a thousand, searches for Senior Care each month in my area on their website and that we would get great results for our business if we moved forward with them. She promised me that if we weren't getting the results we expected that she would cancel the account and had done that before. We signed up and the only things we got were calls from solicitors who used YP listings as call sheets trying to sell us stuff.

After 3 months of 0 calls from leads I contacted Michelle and told her we were done with the campaign. She said she would cancel it (all this is in emails which we still have) and then we were charged not once, but twice again. The last contact we had from her she promised she was working on getting us a credit back for the funds mistakenly taken from our account and that it would be "fixed" within days. The only thing that was "fixed" was she left the company. Then I started getting collection calls from YP, (are you kidding me).

So far they have STOLEN (in my opinion) over $700 from my bank (I had to cancel our card to prevent them from just continuing taking money without providing anything in return) and now are trying to put us into collections for another $952.45!!! They feel that they deserve $1700 from our marketing budget and not have to provide a SINGLE QUALIFIED LEAD. They lied about their search traffic to get my business, they continued to lie about what they could provide, they lied about cancelling my account as promised and documented in emails, they lied about having a credit approved to give us back the money they kept taking without ever providing leads, and then when they can't hide from their lies anymore they quit.

I think the only people they employ are collection agents. Even their "tech expert" George **, who came with Michelle had quit by the time we saw what was happening. Stay away from this company. Yellow Pages is dead. Spend your money on true digital marketing with Google Adwords, Bing, Yahoo. NOBODY searched YP online.

Hello Hannah,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. If you would like any additional assistance with your account please provide me with your business phone number and/or account number and I will be glad to assist you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The company I started working with had been working with YP for years. I had been hired on to make improvements to the businesses marketing. I gave YP a chance to see what they could do. Not only did they never make the changes I requested to the garbage website they set up for us, they left our google ads incorrect as well. Their laziness to fix what we were paying for was harming our online business presence. Finally it came to the point where we were deciding to cancel our services with them. So we decided to only sign for a month while we decided. We were told by our sales rep that we signed an agreement for a month on the online services.

When we called to cancel at the end of the month we were told by customer service that our contract was for a whole year. We tried to call our account rep whom did not answer any of our calls or emails for a month (claiming he was ill, although who knows with how we were treated). We then requested to speak with his boss whom also never called us back. After 6 weeks we finally heard from our account rep who "reversed" the contract we were told by customer service we could not reverse. The nightmare was finally over, however the damage was done. We will never work with this company again and will share our experience with other small business owner so they do not make the same mistake we did.

Hi David,

In an effort to address the concerns with your account, the Sales Team stated that the YP ads were corrected on 2/9/17.

As a follow up, we have called and left a message to ensure the changes were completed to your satisfaction.

At YP, our standards for both our product and service, and customer satisfaction is very important to us.

We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers. Please feel free to contact us if there are additional changes to be processed.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

For two years in a row YP has listed our ad incorrectly and I have had a new account rep every year for approximately 5 years. Our first rep was from Pleasanton, Ca. but now we have been switch to a different group. In 2016 they placed the wrong address in and 2015 they gave us a partial refund because they totally got the ad wrong and their rep admitted it.

This year (Here we go again). I have the letters and my Verizon phone records and e-mails to prove everything I am typing. There is no exaggeration on our part. Received letter on 12/6/16 (letter dated 11/17/2016) that we had to make changes to our account by 12/5/16. The dates I typed are correct. I called YP. Called 12/7/16 and spoke to our "new" rep John ** at extension ** (800)-479-2977 and asked what is going on. He was nice and explained that we had until 2/10/17 to make any changes. We have now e-mailed him and left a voice mail message because we want to make changes due to alterations in our business model. Our e-mail outlined the changes we wanted but we have not had any feedback or response from him.

YP's track record with us is not good. I contacted customer support (they were nice) and explained our situation. The reference number of that call was **. I am still awaiting ANY type of contact from our rep via e-mail or voice mail on the changes we submitted. At this point we will need to cancel our account so that we don't pay for something that doesn't help us. I am not amused, I am not happy, I am a professional who expects some sort of customer service by MY deadline that was set by YP.

Factual basis uncertain

Terrible company. I advertised with YP for a couple of years up to 2015. The ROI is not there with YP marketing so I canceled in 2015. I recently started getting calls from them telling me they renewed my contract without my consent. I've received multiple fraudulent bills and collection calls from them in the past 2 months. I received a letter Friday saying they were going to turn me into collections over a balance of an account I do not have. Of all the marketing I do this is the only company that tries to scam their previous customers that I've dealt with.

Hello Mr. Cohen,

I do see that your contract was canceled because there was a 3 month opt out option on your contract and you chose to opt out at that time. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Warmest Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

After meeting with 2 sales reps., sales rep and his manager, I was convinced to use YP for local advertising. I was promised that I would not be charged until I approved of the ad. I was. I was charged the day we met and didn't find out until reviewing my AMEX bill months later. Moreover, they totally screwed up my campaign using images and terms I specified NOT to use. They even put the ad in a state other than where I live or where my business resides. EXPERTS MY **... I was provide an early release based on performance and refused to pay them a dime and canceled my contract. I've been harassed ever since and now they a have collection agency calling and leaving messages. DO NOT USE YP… and SAVE YOUR SOUL!

Good Evening Mr. Perkins,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to speak with me. I sent the resolution you and I spoke about to you via email. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. You have my contact information.

Good Morning Mr. Perkins,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention, I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. We sincerely care about our customers and always want to help you with growing your business. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole YP

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

YP says that I'm "auto renewed" every year because of a contract I signed in 2014 marketing contract for YP listings and internet listings. I asked for YP to send me the 2014 contract and NOTHING is stated about "auto renew". Therefore, I want to cancel! I spent over 2 hours today getting bounced around only for representatives to read the same BS over and over. I asked for ANYTHING that I signed for 2017 and all they could do is refer back to the 2014 contract.

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention.
I was sorry to hear that Tracy Combs had an unsatisfactory interaction with the YP team. As you can imagine, we strive to not just meet, but also exceed the expectations of our clients
YP Executive Office contacted Tracy Combs January 31, 2017 upon receipt of the complaint. Tracy Combs detailed the actions taken by him to have his YP advertisement cancelled by his sales consultant.
Our office advised Tracy Combs YP investigation protocols when a complaints filed in our office. Alternatively, our office advised the customer follow up would ensue once resolution determined. Per Tracy Combs, he requests future correspondence to issue via email and not phone.
YP has derived at a resolution detailing our resolution options issued to the advertisers email address noted in our systems. Tracy Combs is required to respond to this notice no later than February 2, 2017. The advertiser’s aware lack of response denotes partial responsibility of any monies owed on account.
Our office will respond accordingly to Consumer Affairs upon receipt of customer response.

Respectfully,

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I just want to warn ALL business owners to never advertise with YP. We signed a contract back in 2015 for a small ad in the yellow pages. We had never advertised with this company before. We always did our advertisement with the User Friendly phone book. They talked a good talk, and we decided to give them a chance. We fulfilled our agreement and paid for that contract in full. In 2016, a representative from the YP came back in our store to try to get us to sign another contract. We told them we felt our money would be better spent elsewhere since we really did not get any customers from their advertisement. We thought that would be the end of that. We were wrong.

In August of 2016, we received an invoice from them for $195.81 for renewal of our contract. We called and they said they sent a letter to us through the mail that said if we didn't return the mailing, then that meant we wanted to renew again. We NEVER received the mailing! I asked if they had any proof that we got the mailing, and they said our address was the proof. That is crazy, we never seen any such contract.

Well after numerous attempts to try to resolve this issue, they finally let me speak to a supervisor, Danny, who after reviewing our account, said that if my account manager Meridith ** did not have a signed contract stating that we agreed to auto renewal, that they would close the account and not bill us. Meredith could NOT produce a signed contract. She sent some made up revision of the 2015 contract. I tried to call Danny back, but was told he didn't work there anymore. They did send me a letter though, that said all future renewals would be cancelled. That was in December of 2016. In January of 2017, they sent me two invoices, one for the 2016 service, and another for the renewal of 2017. It never ends!!!

We called and said we did not renew our service and that we have a letter stating that all renewals was cancelled. She said we called in on December of 2016 and told them to reinstate it for 2017. THAT NEVER HAPPENED!!! After telling that to them, they looked back and said, "oh we were mistaken." It is from your 2015 contract. We told them we have the letter stating no more renewals, and they said they would cancel it. I told them that's what they said last month, and I already have the letter stating that so how do they even have a contract to cancel!!! YP has done nothing but lie to us continuously, and we are tired of it. They faxed over our contract that we signed in 2015 that has no mention of auto renewal. Do not ever sign a contract with YP or you will never get out of it!!! They are a horrible, scamming company!!!

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention,
At YP, we take customers complaints quite seriously as we continue improving our services. I was sincere in my apologies to the advertiser for the unfavorable customer experience and that YP appreciates your long-term relationship with us.
As standard procedure, YP Executive attempted to reach Chad Mitchell on the phone January 26, 2017. Subsequent to our unsuccessful call attempt, our office issued an email to Chad Mitchell. Per receipt of Chad Mitchell’s response noted January 26, 2017, he requested immediate cancellation of his YP products still under contract. Our office advised the advertiser, should we proceed with cancellation; he would be responsible for any remaining monies owed on the account.
Effective January 27, 2017, the PRD WBYCTI - 12/2017 WATERBURY INTERNET (WBYC) was cancelled. YP provided Chad Mitchell new account balance along with screenshot for his records.
Chad Mitchell referenced a recent payment that should have posted on the account. Based on our records, we confirmed receipt of that payment as noted in our systems.

Should the advertiser have any questions or concerns, he can contact us at the number provided. We thank Chad Mitchell for choosing YP! Moreover, we wish him much continued success with his business endeavors.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I have advertised with YP for years. Starting with the book and ending with online marketing. The advertising did not show in the monthly cost so after a year I already made up my mind to cancel after my contract has ended. When this time finally comes and I try to cancel, all I get is a case number and a total runaround. No call back as promised, no emails as promised, nothing but a dated back letter showing late telling you your account just automatically renews itself. After a few case numbers and responding to emails that tell you to respond still don't answer. I decided to call and speak to someone on the phone yet again but try to find a superior. After having people argue on the phone, being extremely unprofessional and tell you you're stuck paying another year of their crappy service because you didn't call sooner.

This is a complete scam. They would ignore until it until it renews. Plan is a complete joke and I cannot believe people still use them. I will gladly make sure everyone is aware of their business practice as many means necessary. And let's not forget the call only ended as they tell you you're going to speak to the manager and it sends you to a mailbox.

Good Morning Mr. Marchioni,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me concerning your account. I am glad that I was able to address your concern and provide a mutual resolution. Please let me know if you have additional issues or concerns as I will be happy to assist you.

Chysa

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My name is James **, I am the owner of Camouflage LLC DBA CamoVets, a Home Service Cleaning company, that specializes in Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, & Powerwashing. We are US Military Veteran owned, we also try to hire Veterans to work with us. We are located in Manahawkin, NJ. In the month of June, 2016 I met with a YP Sales Rep by the name of ** at 101 Campbell Blvd, in Manahawkin, NJ. After **’s consultation, I decided to purchase YP Google Adwords product. I was assured by ** that the Ad would generate 15-30 calls in my service area a month. The cost of the program would be approximately $300 a month. My account was deducted: $300 on 6/27/2016. $183.87 on 8/4/2016. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well from the beginning, and I had the following issues:

1. In June, 2016 a rep from YP contacted me about the AD and informed me that the Ad would only generate 2-5 calls a month. Being that ** told me 15 to 30, I contacted ** who assured me that the rep was mistaken.

2. During July I called ** three times to speak to him to see if, I could see the Ad and approve it before it ran. He assured me I could, but I never did see my Ad. On the second call in July he told me it was running, I told him that I did receive 2 calls but that was it. I also tried to google my companies name, and my Ad never came up.

3. Around the end of July into August I started to receive multiple calls from out of state. I again called ** in the beginning of August speak to him about the out of state calls and the fact that I never could see my ad. He promised me he would look into the problem and get back to me within two days. After I spoke to him I did find an Ad on the 2nd & 3rd pages of Google search results, I was very disappointed because very few people ever look past page one. I tried to call ** again but, I never have heard back from him since. I have called numerous times and left numerous messages without him calling me back. Also from that point on I only received one call from my service area. All the other calls were from out of state, or from distant areas of NJ.

4. Since ** would never return my calls, and the issues were never addressed, I decided in September 2016 , to stop paying YP for a service that was not being delivered as promised.

5. In the middle of September I received a call from a YP account payable rep, informing me that my account was delinquent. Finally a call back from YP! I informed the rep of my issues as described above. He was very helpful and told me that he would contact **’s manager and have him call me. Two days later the same rep called me and asked if the manager ever called me. I told him no he didn’t. Then he tells me that according to his notes both ** & his manager both called me the day before, which was not true. Neither of them contacted me.

At this point I was very frustrated and told the rep that I wanted a full refund of my monies and the account to be cancelled. He then put me on hold for approximately 30 minutes, came back on the line and told me that my account was cancelled, but he would have to get back to me the following day to let me know when my monies would be returned to me. I never heard back from that rep again.

6. In October I received a call from a different rep. This lady informed me my account was delinquent!! I was very surprised and agitated and told her my account was cancelled the month before and that YP was supposed to be sending me a refund for the money I paid, but I was still waiting on when. I asked her if she had this info in her notes, she informed me that no, she didn’t have any record of anybody contacting me!! So I had to go over the whole story again from the beginning, she then told me again that she would have **’s manager call me. I suggested to her to put me on hold, and have her put **’s manager on the line so she could hear for herself the conversation.

She agreed, I waited for a while on hold, she came back on the line and said that the manager could not talk at that time but assured me he would call me later that same day. I told her fine, but that I wanted her send me an email that my account is cancelled and when my money would be returned to me. She said she would have to talk to a boss, I suggested just letting me talk to the boss, but she refused and said she would contact me the next day. I never heard back from her, nor did I receive an email. Nor did **'s manager ever call me.

7. In November again I received a call from a third rep who I never spoke with before, and again she told me my account was delinquent. I asked her what information she had about the account and she said only that it was not paid. I was very frustrated and ended that call.

8. On November 21, I went online to: adsolutions.yp.com, opened a case. I typed a letter similar to this. I never received a reply to that case.

9. In December 2016, I received an email from YP asking for me to take a survey. I filled out the survey and a couple days later received a call from Rep named Joyce ** from the YP Experience Group. Again she didn’t have any info about my past experiences, and I had to start from scratch and go over everything, again she said she would try to have **’s manager contact me, which at this point is ridiculous, I told her I expected my account to be closed with a zero balance and for my money to be returned to me. She said she would get back to me in a few days. She did leave me a voicemail a few days later and also sent me email on 12/22/2016 stating that the account was cancelled. No information about my refund was in the email. I tried to call back without success, I left a message without a returned call.

10. On 1/17/2017 I received a call from a collection agency that I owe over $1,000 to YP!! How could this be when I received an email in writing that my account was cancelled? I am very upset and would like this matter resolved ASAP.

Hi Belinda,

Hi Belinda,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I have had the absolute worst working relationship with this company. I signed up for a 6 month contract for my business. After 6 months of no benefits, and zero ROI, I chose to cancel. I then found out that the contract was actually for 1 year. Lesson learned, I will never sign any contract or trust anyone's word without my attorney reviewing it first. The first 2 months of YP collecting their money, they hadn't done the promised website work. Then they spelled our company name wrong thus rendering it useless. On December 10, 2016, I wrote Gayle (our non-existent sales rep), to confirm that the contract was completed by December 31st. As it was a one year contract, dated 12/30/2015, the one year was up. She wrote me back and said she would confirm. TEN days later (yes 10) she responded with a cancellation form because they love redundant paperwork that is meaningless. This form was signed and sent back to her.

One week later, YP charged my credit card again (essentially for a thirteenth month). I contacted Gayle and these were her words, "I didn't intend on your card being charged again." Followed with information that she had terminated her employment with YP.com and therefore rendering her "assistance" useless. I have no idea if the cancellation form was ever sent through. I fought the charge with my credit card company, and now YP.com has a collections company on me as of this morning. This company was a complete waste of my money and my time. ANY COMPANY worth their salt for any web services should never need a contract! I am now with a company that is actually helping my search results on Google without a contract. BUYER BEWARE!! Do not work with this company!

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for sharing your customer experience with us. YP contacted Stephanie Westwood January 16, 2017 upon receipt of her referral. Utilizing information shared by the customer with YP, Yellow-Pages-LTD company based in Frankfurt, Germany, is non affiliated with Yellow Pages and YP.com based in the US.

In YP’s efforts to further assist Stephanie Westwood, our office attempted unsuccessfully to reach a representative of Yellow Marketing, LTD to discuss this matter. Stephanie Westwood was advised to follow up directly with Yellow Marketing, LTD to have this complaint properly handled.

At this time, the complaint doesn’t’ warrant Yellow Pages and YP.com attention.

Karmita Turner

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

An employee mistakenly signed and returned a form from yellow pages. As these mailers are a little misleading. I have called and explained this employee did NOT have authorization to do so. The representative whom I spoke with was not only rude and unhelpful but also hung up on me. I can not believe the lack of professionalism that I have dealt with on such a simple matter.

Good afternoon,

At YP , our primary goal is providing advertising and customer service of the finest quality. In this instance, we may not have lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves or those you expect or deserve. I apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced; we will make every attempt to eliminate similar problems in the future.

Per our records, the YP advertising cancelled on 12/27/16, and a refund is being processed. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Shenette Moore

YP | Customer Experience Group

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

After signing up for a 6 month subscription 4 months went by without any activity. I called Patricia ** at the local branch and she agreed that I had not received what I had paid for and wanted to make it right. I asked to have it canceled early and not have the last two months charged. She agreed but I never heard back. I had to continue emailing and corresponding with her and the billing department in the Philippines of which they are in cahoots with to make you go away.

After 34 emails back and forth to resolve my refund she stopped responding. She wanted me to go away but here I am now warning potential customers to not do business with YP without looking over all reviews. There are many other reputable marketing firms that care about you and your business. YP has a 1.2 rating out of 5. My biggest mistake was not doing a thorough review. The worst part was Patricia seemed to genuinely want to make it right but the bottom line was about $$$. Not great customer service. :/

Hi Angela,

Hi Angela,

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

As a small business owner I entrusted YP to assist me with the growth of my business. October 2015 I engaged in a business relationship with YP Marketing Solutions and after my engagement I found that my home address was listed on my web page, my rep Kayla ** did her best in attempting to understand what my company's services were but she truly had no idea. Therefore my business was placed in categories with services I did not provide. So the calls I received were for services I could not provide and other calls were SPAM calls or of people looking for work. I didn't receive many calls that built my client base. There were several things that I tried to keep up on the website myself but changing my address and my services were blocked from me changing them. My service territory zip codes would also fall off at times and I would have to go back and re-enter them.

As a small company making these corrections take time. Waiting time on the phone to get someone to fix the issues and when there isn't anyone available getting someone to call back was nearly impossible. Now my home address has been on my site nearly a year and it is has been very difficult to try to change. In efforts to try to communicate with YP I sent emails from my "contact us" venue on my dashboard and received not one response. By the 8th month of no resolve I sent an E-mail indicating I was wanting to cancel because I couldn't get any help with my site, still no response, so I transferred my domain name and that is when things really just went bad. Now they have all the time in the world to talk. I have talked to more than a half of dozen people about my site but not to correct it to prove I tried to get help with it before I moved my domain name and stopped my automatic payment. Now I am in collections.

The last rep, Ryan ** was going to look into why no one would help me but collections just reported he just closed my case without a return call. I am extremely discouraged. My entire conversation with him was as if I was on trial and I needed to prove that I even tried to contact YP at all. He wanted to argue that he didn't see any emails from me but long story cut short I had talked to a rep before him that read my e-mails to me so I am not sure how he couldn't see the note when they are located on their server. I couldn't resend them because I no longer had access to them. Huge mess and I have never had a company just ignore their clients before and just expect to get paid.

If I DIDN'T RECEIVE THE SERVICE I AGREE TO RECEIVE FROM YP THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THEM FOR IT. YP wants me to pay for the last 4 months of my contract when I moved my domain name to another company and they were no longer servicing my web page. I didn't have anything active with YP. They were not providing me with a service for that 4 month. Why should I be held responsible for a balance when they didn't do their due diligence in responding to my needs? So frustrating. I am flabbergasted...

Good Morning Mr. Snead,

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to address and resolve your concerns. I am glad we were able to reach a favorable resolution. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. You have my contact information if you need any additional assistance.

Good Morning Mr. Snead,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.  This issue has been assigned to Nicole for processing. I will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns in depth.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I am totally disgusted with YP. I don't want nothing to do with them. They have an address on there showing that I live on Washington street in Bedford, VA. I don't even live in Bedford. I live in Lynch Station. My customers tell me they didn't know I lived in Bedford. I am going to retire next year. I want to be removed from YP for good, I have asked them & told them repeatedly for almost a year now to take me off their advertising & they refuse to do that. They must be desperate trying to hold on to people. I have been in business 23 years & I don't even need YP advertising. I want to be removed from YP for good & forever. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF FOR GOOD ASAP!!

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for contacting YP, a leader in digital marketing solutions for local businesses.

My sincere apologies to Claudia Gallegos for her unfortunate customer experience with YP during attempts to cancel their YP contract.

The referral was assigned to Karmita Turner who has already notified Claudia Gallego from a separate referral filed through another Social Platform.

Claudia Gallego has been provided the next steps taken by this office to help resolve her complaint.

Karmita Turner

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I was contacted by a Sales person from YP. Her name is Hildie, she and another YP rep by the name of Emily who promise at least 15 phone calls from customers every month. This never happened. All the phone calls I have been getting is from scams. I emailed, called and texted Hildie (who is no longer with YP) Emily, and Paul ** to see if they could either lower my monthly payment, or cancel my account. BUT NEVER GOT A PHONE CALL OR REPLY FROM ANYONE.

I called customer service, and they say I need to talk to my sales Rep. So, I don't have a sales rep because she is no longer with YP. My other sales rep EMILY don't get back to me, my manager account PAUL ** don't respond either. Customer service can't help, Billing department can't help because they only call to ask for payments. So WHO CAN HELP??? I can't pay $800 a month for scams calls. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. A WASTE OF MONEY. I wish I had never responded a phone call from HILDIE...

Insufficient response received

Good Afternoon Mr. Cater,

I have attempted to reach out to you to address your concerns, but to no avail. If assistance is needed, my contact information has been sent to you previously via email.

Good Morning,

Your advertising concerns have been received by YP and have been assigned to me, Nicole for processing. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole from YP

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

After setting up a potential business coined ComicmartUSA at YP Ad solutions, over 2 years ago, I began receiving multiple phone spams repeatedly from a sub company connected to YP consistently asking me if I wanted to fund my "new business". I had also set up the concept pages at a website with the same URL name. The spam calls would not stop and they called me even before I could wake up, I refused multiple times but these idiots kept calling me to the point where I was getting really pissed off. Even then the calls would not stop after threatening them with a lawsuit. One might think I should be reasonable to a certain degree, but it was not as you think.

I even submitted to the donotcall list, but they continued in broken English. These jerk-offs are ** RETARDS and will bombard your phone and literally WASTE your cell phone time. I did receive business but the website did not thrive and I was forced a year later to pull everything down for lack of sales. But it was a superior concept, one which would have blossomed, but I kept getting calls from potential customers about BUYING their memorabilia (wherever they got this idea is beyond me) which was what the business was NOT ABOUT.

Pissed me the ** OFF and now I suspect DELIBERATE sabotage. I want revenge in a manner of speaking without ass-jacket lawyers because YP has no way to delete the listing online short of contacting them offline, which again pisses me off. CONCLUSION: YP Marketing Solutions is full of ** and is as FAKE as the media. IF YOU HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE PLEASE POST IT HERE BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE 100% RETARDS! NO JOKE.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you tomorrow to address your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

We joined YP to help get our name out and help drive business. We met with a sales representative who came into our office to go over what they could do for us. We signed a contract for multiple services to be provided by YP. Our contract was for 6 months but for a portion of this time frame they had the phone calls going to our fax line. This was corrected but the 14 calls a month they promised were mostly out of state call, sales calls, people looking for work, and others advertising their own products. We sat down with our representative on several occasions to try and correct things. We were then told that the 14 calls a month were on average and we may receive 30 calls the following month. We were talked into another 6-month contract with YP. We asked that calls be recorded this time so that it could be documented that the calls we were receiving were useless.

Two months into this new contract things remained the same and we figured out we were being fooled. We then canceled everything with YP but we're still receiving bills. We have paid around $10,000.00 to YP for services that we were supposed to receive but never did. They continue to send bills for these services and after months of no call backs and me wasting my time call them back, they made some deductions. However, they refuse to wipe the slate clean on everything. I was supposed to hear back from an inside representative as to the remaining balance owed and once again I had to call them to get answers. I was told by this representative that they would not be removing the remaining $2,000.00 and change. I told the rep we would be getting our lawyer involved and she stated that we should do so.

We have made every effort to work with YP during our contract and again to resolve all issues after our cancellation of the contract. We will now be moving forward legally to try and resolve this matter. We are determined to fight this matter at any cost even if it means paying lawyers more than what we owe YP. This is a matter of principal at this point. You can not take advantage of people or legitimate companies like this.

Hello Mr. Fox,

We see that a credit of 50% is being applied to your account to be applied through the end of the contract. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience with the contract process we wish you much continued success with your business.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I decided in Dec. 2015 to stop my print advertising of some of my professional services. I canceled the renewal of my Yellowbook ad effective January 2016. I told the AT&T YP Marketing Solutions salesperson in August 2016 that I was canceling my subscription for the upcoming Dec. 2016 book for Austin, TX. I told him this service has become a income loss area over the past few years and I did not want to advertise this service any longer. He said fine, he would not call again this year and would note my stopping placing my ad in YP Marketing Solutions. I did not get his name or phone number.

December 15, 2016 I opened a bill from YP Marketing Solutions for the December 2016 advertising book. I immediately called the YP office, 800 479-2977, spoke to John who then sent me to Zach who opened Case #** which is my OFFICIAL notice of cancellation of the Dec. 2017-18 Austin, TX YP book ad. Zach stated, in response to my question, that although I had been advertising continuously with YP for 30 years I still had to notify YP by Oct. 17 to not be renewed in the Dec. 2016 book. I was told to call back if I had any further questions or issues.

On Dec. 21 I spoke to Reyan (female) after Brian opened another Case #** regarding my having told the sales representative prior to Oct. 17, 2016 that I did not want to have an ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX YP book and I was not told of any additional actions I must do to successfully cancel my Dec. 2016 Austin, TX YP advertising. I was told they would research my renewal letter as that was important to their automatic renewal process.

On Dec. 26 I spoke to Roni (female) who sent me a copy of the renewal notice that day (which I was told was sent on Dec. 21 but there is nothing in any of my mail systems from "YP Team" before Dec. 26). She reviewed how the renewal letter was sent to ** and I confirmed with her I have not had an office in that location since December 1994. I have been receiving bills and paying by check the monthly YP fee using my ** address since at least 2001, if not before.

I DID NOT receive the renewal letter dated August 23, 2016 as it was not forwarded to my P.O. Box. Therefore I did not receive any written information about YP Marketing Solutions' intent to activate an automatic renewal of my ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX book. In fact I was under the impression from the decades of ads I had placed, and paid for in full, that if I did not finalize an ad before the book closed sometime in October, I would NOT get my ad in the book that year. I was told by Reyan that she would research "what could be done" and call me back.

On Dec. 28 Reyan called me back and said the renewal letter was "just a courtesy" and the fact I did not receive it was an error on my part because YP has 3 accounts associated with my name. I was told because I failed to notify them of my change in address it was my fault they sent the renewal notice to the wrong address. I called that reasoning ridiculous because they had sent me billing notices for the last 10 plus years at the P.O. Box address instead of the ** address. The fact YP Marketing Solutions did not update their contact accounts was not MY responsibility.

I told Reyan on Dec. 28 that I do not have a contract with YP Marketing Solutions because in Texas a valid contract, oral or written, requires "mutual agreement" involving a clear and definite offer and an intentional, unqualified acceptance of the offer without equivocation from either party. I most certainly did not make an "unqualified acceptance" of the offer to do a no change / automatic renewal of last year's ad for the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX YP book. In fact as previously stated I notified YP Marketing Solutions salesperson by telephone (which is the only medium I have used to coordinate YP ads the past 6+ years) that I was NOT continuing the current or any other ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX book.

On the same Dec. 28 call (31 minutes) I was then told by Reyan and later the offer was repeated by Chad (female) that YP Marketing Solutions would be able to reduce my monthly advertising fee to 50% of the current $108, down to $54/mo or $648/12 months. I reviewed with Reyan and Chad that I lose money on this business at this point so I would be paying YP Marketing Solutions for generating calls that I need to tell customers I won't help them with their problems. I was told that because YP has already placed my ad in the Dec. 2016 Austin, TX book, I would be getting the benefit of this marketing. In fact I have not received any appropriate potential customer calls since June 2016 due to my ad in the YP book.

I have accepted the 50% reduction offer although I made a counter offer of paying them $10/month if their system absolutely had to have some money being paid so they could close my account. Chad said she could not accept that level of payment. I still am very clear that I do NOT owe this $54/month for 12 months but I am aware of the major negative consequences of YP reporting me as a delinquent account and turning my account over to a collections entity. Avoiding dealing with those negative effects of not paying is worth $54/mo for 12 months.

Good day,

I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP. In order to provide you with resolution, please email your contact information and account number or business phone. You will receive a response within 48 business hrs after receipt of your information.

Shenette, YP

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I closed a business more than 3 years ago, moved another business to the same address and phone number, canceled the closed account (the representative came to the office and did that), updated the new listing. Now YP is trying to charge me for the business I closed claiming there is no written note to close it. I looked at my profile on yp.com and that account is suspended, also if it is not closed how come they never charged me for the years 2015, 2016. Also this is what used to be a free listing (says that on profile page). Now they want to charge me $2.00/month for it, what a shame. Aside from that a customer service put me on hold to look for a supervisor who never came and I ended up being disconnected. You know what YP? I am not shocked. That is your usual way of doing business. I think I will end up cancelling my other account next year to get rid of you altogether.

Hello Mr. Martin,

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I am on my 3rd rep right now. My dad has been with Yellow Pages for a very long time. He sent me in the New York Life building to get a listing with YP when I started my company. I was guaranteed 41 calls a month starting in May. I signed into a $12,000.00 contract. I have received less than 5 calls a month since May and none of them pertain to the work I do. YP gave me a tracking number for my printed and digital ads. When you call the number they provided for my print, my phone doesn't even ring (I know because I sat down with my dad and called my own number). Or, it says this call will be recorded, waits about 5 seconds, and rings a couple of times. My digital advertising and my website are completely shut down. They are still charging my account. As of right now, if I don't get any help soon I am going to the BBB.

Good Day,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP. We have notified our leadership team and will be contacting you with in 48 business hours to provide a resolution.

Shenette, YP

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I will never, ever, EVER recommend YP advertising to anyone. They are an incredible letdown, I canceled our contract with them last month (November), and they have since taken money out of our account without authorization. I have been on the phone with Customer Service yesterday and today trying to get it straightened out. I have been bounced around to 4 different people today, talked to two different people through email (both of whom claim they can't help), and the one person who can supposedly help doesn't have a direct line or extension, and has to call me!

All we got out of the deal was spam calls and emails, no real customer contact, and bills that were higher than we agreed. That is why I canceled our account, or thought I did, only to find out the person who assured me it was canceled didn't follow through resulting in an unauthorized draft from my bank account. I am extremely unhappy with my experience with this company, I only wish I had read the reviews on here before joining up. YP is a scam, they are out to make as much money off of you as they can and will outright lie to you to get more. Not to be trusted!

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile