toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Great product and great service - highly recommend. From start to finish they were very prompt and professional. I am very excited about my campaign and know that it will be super successful from some other YP users I spoke with. I will be recommending YP to others for sure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our reps go above and beyond to meet our needs. They truly listen and adjust the current plans as applicable to our account. We have done away with all other advertising! As an established company of more than 45 years, we do not do a lot of advertising, print or digital however, by choosing YP, it makes it easy for us to stay up to date and secure in our choice. Thanks YP!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have used YP advertising for years. Unfortunately this advertising has not been effective for us at all. In fact, our use of Google online services has been far more successful. When I called to cancel, I was informed that my account was set up for auto renewal. When I agreed to the original contract (including voice verification), there was no mention of auto renewal. Now I am being forced to continue paying for a service that does not appear to benefit my business. Ironically, I listened to my original voice verification today with a YP Supervisor and we both acknowledged that there is no mention of any auto renewal. We both also acknowledged that my voice verification included a start date and an end date for my contract. I was informed that no manager or supervisor in Customer Service was able to cancel my contract. I was informed that I would need to contact Legal Claims.

I asked for a copy of my voice verification, I was informed that I would need to contact Legal Claims. Anyone doing business with YP Marketing Solutions should know that voice verification may include auto renewal. Anyone doing business with YP Marketing Solutions should know that Customer Service is limited in correcting these matters (even at the highest level). I spoke with a supervisor, then a manager of the supervisor and was still informed that I would need to write a letter to legal claims for any further assistance.

Hello Mr. Petru,

I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable experience you've had with your YP advertising. I have reached out to your sales team and someone will be contacting you regarding your account. Again I do apologize, YP appreciates your relationship with us, as we would like to continue our partnership for many more years to come.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I was contacted by phone from a YP representative with a nice sales pitch. It sounded like a reasonable deal so I signed up for a year and a monthly payment of 1500 USD for local listings in the YP directory and good AdWords marketing with a budget of 1000USD. In the first month the advertising budget for Google budget was burned in the first 3 days of the month. With keywords, I explicitly had blacklisted before. But those keywords and some other pricey keywords went through the budget real quick.

Of course I contacted my so called "success manager", a guy name Sean ** and his superior, who helped him to get my signature in the first place, name Carlos **. I called several times and sent emails to both of them. I never heard back from Carlos, and it's been 7 months now since my first email. Finally I got a hold of Sean and told him I'd like to see some details, like keywords being used for the campaign and some statistics preferably in Google analytics.

Until this day I still have not received any qualified information about what actually happened to the budget. They provided access to their portal where you can see some really nice graphs and some statistics. Problem is, none of those did match my Google analytics information. So I asked for a code to use to track the success of the campaign myself. "We dont do that" was Sean's reply to that. In other words, "You have to trust the nice numbers we present you" even though, there's no evidence that those are accurate.

SO I could have just knocked on my neighbor's door and ask him "Hey, what do think how many clicks did I receive from my YP AdWords campaign," and the random number he would come up with would not be more or less accurate. It's just BS in my opinion. Until this day I have no idea how much money they actually put in the campaign. But I did get the keyword list... and all the keywords I have blacklisted before were still in there so I did it again. Next month... the budget was holding up better. At least that's what they told me, since I still had no evidence whatsoever if there was even an additional click to my website. But I was curious, so I asked again for the keyword list and surprise surprise... all blacklisted keywords still there, still consuming 90% of the budget.

Let's say you sell cars, and your campaign should bring in some leads. But the only leads coming in are interested in tires. Because... you also sell tires. But that's not what you want right? So I called and emailed again. I couldn't reach Sean but one of his colleagues. He helped me to finally delete the Keywords from the list. Then I was asking about the areas where the ads being displayed and the time of day... To make a very unpleasant and time-consuming story short... since I started the campaign they failed to provide any evidence or details to me. I still dont know if there's any adjustments or optimization being made over the last 8 months. I still have absolutely no clue what happens to the money I transfer every month. No idea! This is something I have never experienced in my life.

It is worth mentioning that I did not see any increase of clicks or demands or conversions. Which of course was my intention by signing up with "America's best advertising company." Not to mention the little details like the "call tracking feature" that only worked in the first 3 days and after that... I was promised it will be fixed. After the 3rd month my "success manager" dropped the ball completely. Because me repeatingly asking for information and details obviously seemed to bother him very much and he probably had better things to do. So he "promised" me to be back with the requested information but he never did.

And so we keep playing this game every month: I call and request information and details (although I really dont care anymore) and he keeps promising me he will ask other departments and gather those information for me (but he never calls back). I admire his superior though, he did not even reply once, why bother with all those customers that are unhappy... I get that. So if you think you should put money into a Google AdWords campaign "managed" by YP Marketing Solutions... I recommend either buy something nice for yourself, like a new suit or new golf club or whatever or just open your window and attach your business card to your 10 dollar bills and just throw it out. You will have more feedback and revenue than you will ever have with YP!!! Just dont...

Hi Ronald,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

It started off fine for the first year and then the whole deal changed. After spending $100,000.00 over the years it wasn't about performance anymore. It was about how much time and money YP could extort from their customer. Even after cancelling the ad they continued to run it and then charge me for it even after I clearly sent the cancellation email. Then their whole investigation process took months of time and they kept ignoring the evidence. Then they send me to their internal collections when they had credit cards on file. Stay away from this company, it has went beyond hell!

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Mr. Taylor,

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with this company, YP.com does not remove negative reviews from listings. You may want to check with the business in question to have your issue resolved. Again, we go apologize for your unfavorable experience.

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I tried several times over a matter of consecutive weeks to post a very negative review of a local, ripoff, auto repair shop to no avail because why? Yellow Pages prefers not to give bad ratings to any of their paid advertisers. Reviewers of course pay nothing. The company I reviewed is Patriot Auto Center in Canton, OH on 801 Cherry St downtown. These crooks stole parts off my vehicle and disabled the electrical systems in the process. They charged $475 to install one strut. Not legit and people seeking such services need to be alerted about this very crooked service but YP is protecting them.

YP Marketing Solutions

Update:

Hi Michael-

Your sales team notified me of an upcoming meeting scheduled with you later this week as follow up. Should you have additional concerns, feel free to contact our office.

Thank you for allowing us to reach out to you and assist. -Karmita

Hi Michael Diglio

I would like to apologize for the issues encountered and that customer expectations weren't met. That's definitely not the experience we want any of our customers to have.

Your sales team advised they will be in contact with you in the next 24-48hrs regarding this matter to address and resolve to your satisfaction.

Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you!

-Karmita

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

YP sales team claims they have millions of visits to yp.com each month. They follow up with statistics in their sales presentation. They mislead you by claiming visitors come directly to their website looking for the service/product you offer. What they don't tell you is the power of the display network, directories, and other web marketing tools they use. I searched my company on Google and found my company information located over many if not all directories etc. Some websites had my corporate phone number listed (this number is owned by my company), while other websites had a phone number that didn't belong to my company. (aka call tracking numbers). When the call tracking number is used; the result is recorded and YP counts this as a visitor to the yp.com website. (They even produce monthly reports for you to show off their success.).

My contract with YP clearly states that yp.com will not advertise outside of the yp.com website. (I had to hand write this in the contract because they did not want to use this language. Months later, I caught YP adverting my business outside of yp.com. I or anyone can produce the same results for 60% less of the contract value. YP claim to fame (millions of visitors come to their site) in my opinion is not true. They drive traffic to the site by creating display network ads etc... for your business. This can be done at the fraction of the cost if you have the time. If you don't have the time, you can achieve the same results by hiring a small marketing firm. Actually, Google will help you. Visit Google ad words, set up an account and you will get a call from them or an e-mail. They can help you with the search and display network. If you get into it, they can even show you how to re-market past visitors to your website. Good Luck and beware of YP!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

Good Afternoon Mrs. Abbott,

I was able to see that you submitted a complaint via the Better Business Bureau and you are working with my co-worker. As she has been in contact with you regarding the complaint, I will no longer contact you via Consumer Affairs and allow her to complete and address your concerns. Thank you for your time.

Nicole, YP

Good Afternoon Ms. Abbott,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole YP

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

When we first started our advertising campaign with YP our agent was very nice and helpful. But, as time went on it became apparent that our sales agent and her supervisor knew nothing about my kind of company or how to promote it. There were man y promises made about leads, clicks, and the possibility of cancellation if they just could not figure it out. Well, we are now 6 months into this and my agent literally laughs at me on the phone when I have concerns. Her supervisor answers the phone and hangs up immediately. They will make plenty of promises with no follow through. When I called customer service she was in the background laughing at me there too. I even pointed it out to the customer service agent, she said there was nothing she could do about it. Next is a snippet of the email that she sent to me when I decided that I wanted to just get out (after she promised I could).

"I'm sorry that the website isn't converting customers over yet but I am out of solutions at this point. We are going to continue to deliver those guaranteed visitors to your website and let's hope you get someone to call you for business. I'm very sorry, there is nothing more I can do. You can try calling customer service, but it will end up coming back to our office where the cancellation will be denied. My hands are tied, Sandra." They are OUT OF SOLUTIONS??? Isn't this what you pay them for? There is nothing more they can do. So, in other words, just live with our lack of performance and deal with it. Beware when dealing with these guys, lots of promises and not solutions.

Hi Heather,

My apologies for the frustration surrounding your customer experience with YP sales. CrystalDawn advised our office she's spoken with you regarding this matter and was able to address and resolve to your satisfaction.

Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you!

-Karmita

Original review: July 31, 2017

I'm a new business owner and have been looking into advertising for some time, after several calls from YP from CrystalDawn I decided to go ahead and make them my advertising company however it's been a total disaster! She was supposed to call me at 3:00 on Friday to set up all the finalizations but never called nor emailed. I took a day off work to get this done and was so excited only for our 3:00 appointment time to never come. I called so many times to leave her voice mail and several emails to get no response. I've called several times to talk to a supervisor and was told numerous times I would get a call back however nothing! I see why they have so many bad reviews now. They barely speak English and I can hardly understand them at all not to mention how rude they are! I'm so disappointed and let down. I will be taking my money elsewhere and looking for new advertising that will actually treat me like a person!

Hi Jim,

Joe @ YP

Original review: July 30, 2017

I was advertising with them for three years and All of a sudden the phone calls stopped coming and work went down to a low. When I looked my business up on yp.com I couldn't find it. I called them and told them and asked what was going on. They said they moved me to the third page and that is where I'll stay. I told them the Agreement was I Would-be on the 1st page listing. They said, "if you want to get back to the first page." Again it would cost me $5,000 for the first year, I said "that's extortion." So I ended up pay for $5000 for the year just to get my business back because I had truck payments and mortgage payments and did not have a choice.

Now that the year is up then my contract ended in May 30, 17. I did not want to renew and called them and canceled My advertising with them. I told them that I do not want to go month to month. After the contract I no longer want their services. Do not charge my card again And they continue to charge my card for another 2 months over a $1000. I put a dispute in with the credit-card company and told them I do not have a contract with these people and they did not have permission to charge my card and they did anyway.

I did get credit back from the credit-card company but now YP is sending me a bill for over a $1000 For services rendered that I do not want. I've made numerous calls to them. I got reference numbers at-least 20 different phone calls to them and every time I call them they said my add is still running. I've left messages with numerous managers who never call me back. I cannot seem to get a hold of these people and they keep adding the bill up higher and higher and saying that I owed them money. I do not owe this money and will not pay them and will take this to court if necessary. This is a very corrupt company and should be put out of business or have a class-action lawsuit put against them for what they are doing to people. Extortion is against the law please help in this situation!!!

Hello Mr. Sain,

First let me say that I apologize for the unfavorable experience you received with your account. I do see where your account has been refunded for the issues you were experiencing. If you are still experiencing problems with you listing we will be glad to address those issues for you.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I can't even begin to list all the problems. They were great at the time of sale, promised all sorts of things. Customer service and technical support beyond terrible. Cost is outrageous. Tried to correct problems with Customer Service, then my Account Exec, then her boss. Went through the entire issues I had. He promised to call back. That was a month ago. Now my account exec is gone, company has been acquired and NO ONE WILL CALL ME BACK. So so so sad I paid the entire year upfront. Won't ever do that again. If I have let them bill me monthly, they would have to take me to court to get the balance.

Hi Telesia,

Original review: July 28, 2017

This company has horrible service and they auto renew ads even though it's not in your contract and you told them to cancel ad and not renew. No one can help you but a sales rep that will never contact you and when your account is in review that person never contacts you. The reps aren't even in America and are hard to understand. They told me my account was canceled and yet I am still being billed 3 months later for a canceled account that I pay money for so YP is stealing from me for charging me for canceled ads. I will never advertise with them again. I have called and wasted countless hours on the phone and on hold: I call several times a month. No one is competent and every time I pay a bill, it's my last bill they say only to be billed the next month for a canceled ad. I may have to hire an attorney and legally sue them to cancel and stop billing me. It's not worth the time or money to advertise with these people.

Good Day Mark,

We have notified the Sales Team of your comments regarding the phone book pricing as well as your lack of satisfaction with the website design. Your local Sales Rep will be contacting you to discuss options for website redesign.

In the future, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at 800-479-2977 to assist with questions regarding your account and/or specific products.

Thank you for choosing YP and we hope to continue serving your advertising needs.

Shenette, YP

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have always advertised with YP phone books. Last year I went with the full marketing plan. They manage my website now. I have seen a more than double in sales calls over last years business. However, I am not too impressed with the website they designed for me. Also, I think the monthly cost for the marketing in the phone book and website is the high side. I will be reassessing my marketing plan this October when my contract renews.

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for allowing me the chance to address and resolve your concerns. I attempted to call you to advise you of the resolution, but was unable to reach you. I did leave the information on your voicemail. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating.

If you have any other questions or concerns, I left my contact info on your voice mail as well. I apologize for your experience and appreciate your patience.

Hello Tracy,

Nicole YP

Original review: July 26, 2017

Our company was up for renewal of its yellow page advertising. We had decided that phone book advertising was not effective any longer in our field/business. Our rep who had been our rep for a few years, (I knew him by name, knew his hobbies and knew his back ailments) came to sign us up and I told him we were not going forward with yellow page ads. There was no indecision, I was sure we were not going to use them. He (Bart) came up with an alternative that might keep us with AT&T/yellow pages and give me another option to promote business, direct mail. He brought a woman sales rep who handled the direct mail marketing services and we spoke at length.

For whatever reasons, we didn't go with the direct mail piece options. Here we are 5 years after with AT&T/yellow pages suing us for an ad we did not want, did not request and did not sign off for as we had done all prior years. I don't even know what it looked like because, I didn't know it printed. I was so firm in not wanting it, that I can't imagine why our rep would not have said, “Make sure you write a cancellation notice to the company.” I think all he cared about was his commission. In this day and age, who would run ads without getting them confirmed and signed off on for corrections? I know who would, a company that hid an unfair clause in its 6 or 8 page contract which was signed the year before.

They never got a new contract with a new signature and a sign off with revisions, because I told him I wasn't doing the ad and because I never signed a new contract. I really think this is a class action lawsuit. If this happened to us, it probably happened to a thousand other small businesses. Please help us, there is no way our company can absorb an expense like this and AT&T was deceptive and not forthright in its dealings.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for allowing me to address your concerns and provide you with a satisfactory resolution. Thank you for being a loyal YP customer and we really appreciate your business.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Have had advertising with YP for a number of years and I have not be happy the last few years. The last ad that I signed up for was for 2016. I never signed up for 2017 and now they are sending bills. I have called Twice and spent a hour on the phone each time. They will not do anything about it. My ref. # for them is **. It's not the money it's the thought they can just keep sending you bills. I do have there Tucker, GA legal department address. That will be the next step. I have downsized my company and also deleted my website as of 2016. Now I get calls because of their advertising that I do not want. Thanks.

Hi AlNesha,

Original review: July 20, 2017

I am so disappointed with the customer service I've received with YP. I read the reviews, and against my better judgment, signed a 3-month contract with them, that they claimed they had to receive approval to do. As soon as the bills started rolling in, it said the contract was for 6 months, but they assured me that this was because this was a special case, and the system automatically runs the contract for 6 months, but they had set it to cancel after 3 months. When they wanted me to sign up, they called constantly, I said no twice, and yet they called back every time with a better offer than the last. Once I started asking about the services, since they listed my business under the wrong category, they became less available. Then when I asked to confirm the end date of my contract, they went silent!

Someone who had been extremely accessible when they wanted me to sign up, was now impossible to reach. Yet they continue to charge my credit card. And 9 out of the 10 calls I receive from their advertisement are autobots, someone selling me something, or someone who dialed the wrong number. I cannot wait until this nightmare is over... This was a very expensive lesson to learn.

Update-

Thank you for taking time to talk on July 21, 2017. I was happy we were able to resolve this matter for you.

I emailed you my contact info to reference should you ever need IYP assistance.

Thank you for allowing us to reach out to you and assist. -Karmita

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Added charges were a mystery for almost 3 months (or more). I called or emailed repeatedly and after much time the reason was finally understood by all and then translated to me. I was not paying the bill for about 2-3 months and seeing it turned out not to be my fault I am asking that all late charges be refund due to YP's tardiness in locating the issue. Thank you for your time and response.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2017

YP's communication (via email) since posting my review with Consumer Affairs was prompt and accommodating. I'm pleased that YP has finally acknowledged my long time request for the account to be cancelled, and that the issue is at last over. I remain disappointed that it took this long, and went this far.

Good Day Steve,

As noted in the email submitted to you this morning, The YP account is now settled. We are glad that we were able to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. If we can be of assistance in the future, please call our toll-free Customer Service line.

Original review: July 18, 2017

After many, many years as a YP customer I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication and poor customer service this company has given me this last year and a half in particular. We received a letter in January 2016 stating our account "will automatically renew" at which time I sent in the request to cancel (case #**). Numerous times after (at least 5 more times I have on record, in phone conversations April and July 2016), I again reiterated my request submitted in January to cancel services, but they continued to bill.

In my phone conversations, I was repeatedly told that they had noted in the account that I had requested cancelling services, and said that they would email me confirmation from the person handling our account. At one point, I was even hung up on when trying to confirm that services were cancelled. They never sent an email confirmation as promised, or called.

You can imagine my surprise when recently receiving a letter from a collection agency for my account. Now, not only is YP not responding to my communications with them, this very large company is trying to strong-arm my small business for over $500. The collections agency told me that our account was auto-renewed December 2015, which those terms were NEVER communicated by YP to me or specified in a letter I responded to in January 2016 ("will automatically renew"). The collections agency tried to make an offer for my business to pay half of what they say is owed, which I refuse because I owe nothing. At this point, unless YP agrees to clear our account of any amount owed, and retract their submittal to collections, we have no choice but to file a complaint with Better Business Bureau/ConsumerAffairs and take legal action.

Good Afternoon Julia,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to speak with our sales rep. The sales rep advised me that you guys were able to meet a favorable resolution. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. If you don't have an account, you can easily create one. After you're logged into your account, if you need help claiming your review or updating your resolution experience, follow the instructions listed in the Account Help section.

Hello Julia,

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have called YP.com on three separate occasions, The first two phone calls I was left on hold for over half an hour and was never able to connect with an agent. I have finally gotten through to YP.com and asked them to cancel my account immediately. I have been told that cannot be done and that I need to speak to my sales rep whoever that is but they did tell me they were taking my credit card off of auto pay. The worst service known to mankind and agents who barely speak English. For reference the phone number that I called and finally got through to is 1-866-570-8863. I strongly recommend that you stay away from this form of very expensive ($150 per month) online advertising.

Hello Colleen,

Chysa

Original review: July 17, 2017

After years of advertising with YP my Husband heads to court tomorrow. In 2014 he contracted to advertise in 5 directories. Our Greater Nashville area was set to receive a new area code overlay. He stressed to our representative that it was essential that our advertising always appear with the appropriate area code. Since it would be just a few weeks before all calls would require it. Ultimately only one book printed, without the area codes, under new revised headings that our rep claimed he had no knowledge of. We are being sued for the full contract price of all 5 books. One book was never even published. 3 books never carried our ads. The book that did print was "delivered' in the rain and thrown in water filled ditches. And that's just the half of it. The lawyer shows 4 books contracted for, the printed YP summary is for 3. Our carbon copy lists 5. Wish us luck.

Good Day Rick,

As per our phone discussion, we have handled the YP Account. Please refer the email sent to you this afternoon.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused. I'm glad that we were able to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

Shenette, YP

Original review: July 13, 2017

I canceled my ads and services with 2 different reps that called me, then I get a bill. I call about the bill, they listened to the recordings and said "yes we found where you said cancel". They opened a case and sent email with case number. They called wanting payment. Said that there were no open cases. That the one was closed. I talked to 4 different people today at YP. Told me all need to get a lawyer or pay the bills. I even asked for a copy of my contract or where I ok'd it and they cannot.

Good afternoon, Mark

Let me apologize for the issues you've experienced during listing validation. Tried reaching you earlier for additional information so that I could resolve on your behalf.

Your overall satisfaction with YP is most important to us!!!

I will contact you again during next 24 business hours.

Karmita T. @ YP

Original review: July 10, 2017

YP.com created such an inaccurate automated listing that it became impossible to verify the account by phone, email or address. As a result we could not make any changes and correct their inaccurate listing. After calling to speak with a customer service representative, I was transferred to customer care and on hold for more than 15 minutes before hanging up to seek alternative solutions. Happy to report receiving a very different experience while claiming the Google My Business listing.

We put together a new website for our retail facility and I found that I needed to re-write most of the content since our facility is different than most retail operations. I was not surprised, but because I needed to edit or re-write, the process added additional workload for me and that is why I had avoided updated our original website in the first place. I am happy now, though, with the final product.

YP Marketing Solutions

Update:
Effective July 14, 2017, BestnTravel cancelled from our systems. Remaining charges will be fully adjusted to lessen any customer impact imposed.

Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you; YP wishes you much continued success with your future business endeavors.

Respectfully- Karmita T @ YP

Good morning Cindy!

My sincerest apologies for the frustration you're encountering during your recent attempt to cancel. Rest assured, we will be reaching out to you promptly to help resolve this matter.

If you need to reach me directly during this period, feel free to contact me by email ypexec@yp.com and/or phone (866) 228 0248.

Karmita T @ YP

Original review: July 7, 2017

BEWARE!!! Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!!! Yellow Pages gets NO STARS from me!!! I set up a free account with and was contacted by a Yellow Pages representative. The representative pushed this promotional advertising they do on me, said it was a special for $99. A year of advertising for your business. They are supposed to post your business and drive clients in for you. I repeatedly said I am unemployed and it would have to generate enough money to pay for itself, my travel business is not in a place where it can pay for anything. I also do not want to be locked into anything long term. He assured me that it was month to month. He guaranteed me 6 clients per month and free months that did not give me that.

He had me sign a contract and stated my terms would be noted to my account. Long story short May was my first month of service after I signed the contract. I got 3 calls for May, which were not what they would consider "quality calls". June 2nd they took $99 out of my account. I called, complained and was by customer service that she didn't know what kind of deal I had with Yellow Pages because there is no such deal, she would contact the rep. that I signed the contract with and get back to me. She never called me back so after a few days I called the rep.

He denied everything he told me about the service being on a monthly basis and 6 client minimum. He went on to tell me I signed a contract and couldn't cancel it because it was for a year and he could only try to make the service better for me. He said since I already paid for June give him a chance to improve the quality of the service and then we can see what happens in July. Don't worry I won't be disappointed. July I got 0 calls and told me when I called to cancel that my cancellation would go in for consideration. They had to review it and everything that was said and what went on then try to improve the service. Meanwhile I have to keep paying the $99 monthly and I had to continue to pay for the service every month and they will work on improving my service. I put a stop payment on my account with them and now they have collections calling me for $99 and no service.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Clint,

Original review: July 5, 2017

I agreed with YP to a one time only ad test and paid in advance at the time for which I agreed to the marketing test. It was a failure, (costing more than producing) and I declined to move forward. 3 years later YP has hired a collection company in Louisiana to file a lawsuit against my company to collect for a service that was clearly never agreed to. I had a bad experience with this company a decade ago and I was apprehensive to do anything with them. Their sales staff assured me the past was in the past and that they were only interested in showing me how effective they were. They were not effective and I told them so after the paid in advance time frame, I was then told that I would have to continue to pay them for another 2 months, which I had specifically NOT agreed to, That is why I paid in advance and put a time frame on it.

No response received

Good Afternoon Bernie,

We have reviewed the performance of your YP account and based on the amount of free advertising that was provided on yp.com to compensate for paid yp.com advertising and the amount of leads from the Search Engine Marketing Campaign (102% over total estimated leads of 15 per month over a 12 month period); we have found that we are unable to reduce your charges for advertising for the GRAND RAPIDS AREA .

We do, however, apologize if the understanding of the products were not made clear. YP.com does not guarantee sales to your business. We only guarantee leads that can be converted into sales.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I was promised by my YP sales representative that I would get 23 customer calls per month. After several months of zero customer calls YP wanted to record all our calls. YP counted 7-second and 15-second call with no conversation as leads. When the YP rep came by our shop he agreed that YP was not getting the job done and that there was a good chance I would get a refund. I stopped paying my monthly payment after 9 months of no results. YP sent me to a collection attorney for $5,179.71. I will be contacting our Michigan Attorney General Bill Schutte to help with this issue because YP is threatening a lawsuit.

Greetings Mr. Talley,

First I would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your time as a customer with YP. I do see that the concerns with your account have been resolved. Thank you for choosing YP and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Warmest Regards,

Original review: July 5, 2017

Our small business tried to use YP Search. YP Search created a false website, they call it a landing page, with 100% wrong information on it. I left voicemails and sent emails for 3 months before they finally agreed to pull the landing site down. However, they would not let us out of the 6 month contract. Instead, they forced us to sign another contract to change products to YP Clicks or else we would just keep getting charged for the false landing page that they had created without our authorization. The YP representatives on the sales team were not professional, and would get very angry on the phone. Resorting to yelling and even insulting me. Words cannot describe just how bad of an experience this has been. Take your advertising dollars anywhere but YP.

Hi Jim,

Joe @ YP

Original review: June 26, 2017

I have advertised with YP and another company in the local phone book for several years. I decided to not advertise in the yellow page book this year (either company). I was surprised to receive an invoice for the Yellow Pages Book ad. I contacted customer service. Was told they did an auto renewal, this was without verifying if I wanted this ad to run again. In the past they have called to verify if I wanted to continue and if the content has changed. I always approve or disapprove the advertising content. As my business grows so does the ad content charge. I was extremely disappointed. I was told I would just have to pay the bill (which seems to cost more this year) and get over it. And cancel next year if I wanted. I have contacted the Texas State AG and filed a complaint. I intend to follow through with this. I still advertise online and am expanding my online presence. But At this point in time I cannot see my company using YP anymore.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your YP Advertising Account.

Per our recent phone conversation, I advised that after reviewing your account, I was unable to locate any documentation that we offered or you agreed to a debt forgiveness program. As stated, if you are able to locate the document, please let us know and we will be more than happy to re-open this investigation.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Respectfully,

Hi Michael,

Joe @ YP

Original review: June 25, 2017

I purchased a business in 2009 and almost lost it due to the recession in 2012. I dropped the advertising with YP due to the high cost of print advertising. Around 2014 the "new account rep" stopped by with the internet only option. At this time they had me sign up for a debt forgiveness program by which if the internet billing was kept current with autopay for 2 years all past debt would be forgiven. This is the only reason I resigned. We had over a hour long discussion on the subject and I signed a contract for renewing the services. I have kept my side of the agreement but now in 2017 I have received a collection demand from Rauch-Milliken International for the past due amount.

Unfortunately I have been unable to locate a copy of this agreement due to several issues retrieving my past records from my accountants. According to YP they have never offered anything like this agreement and naturally the burden of proof is on me. Things are not that much better now and will be a few years to get back on top but they have offered no settlement other than full pay. According to all contact I have had they cannot even tell who the "new account rep" was or anything other than my signature. How convenient. I feel that this is a breach of contract and a bait and switch and will fight this through my personal attorney if necessary.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm Kemcy **, owner small business marketing. YP Marketing Solution, it's a great company to put your business in if you're looking for a better solution for your small business. I look forward to growth my business. I became YP partnered. YP services will increase my small business, and your small business. Join YP for marketing solution. Thank You.

Hello Candace Rymniak,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. We do hate that there was any type of confusion regarding the length of your contract. All contracts are 12 month agreements, I do see that your account has been canceled for you and there is currently no active balance on the account.

Kindest Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: June 24, 2017

The representative that I met told me all the wonderful things YP Marketing was going to do. She put together a program for us that was $1000.00 per month starting on a trial basis. When the contract came it had a commitment period of 12 months, which we did not agree upon. When I questioned her she said that's the way it had to be written but that I could get out any time. Even though that is not what it said on the contract.

I got absolutely no response from the first couple months and $2000.00 Later I told them I no longer wanted to continue. I informed them that the number of hits they were claiming was nowhere near what my website was showing. They said I still was bound to pay for the remaining 10 months. Finally they agreed to let me pay another $1000.00 for get out of the contract. I'm not sure if it was the salesperson or the company but clearly neither one was honest. I would never recommend this company to anyone!

Good Afternoon Mitchell,

Thank you so much for your bringing your concerns to our attention. After reviewing your account, I was able to determine that your refund was processed on 6/22/17. Refunds may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. You will receive an additional email with my contact information.

Respectfully,

Joe @ YP

Original review: June 22, 2017

I tried to get advertising with YP.com. I was quite dissatisfied. The rep. lied to me about what I would be getting. I was told that I would be paying over $179 per month. I went to cancel and they have not (as of yet) refunded my little $49. Do not advertise with YP.com.

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile