toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Hi Jennifer!

I am so happy to read your review and the positive feedback. We are happy to serve you and anyone else in the great state of FL. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with as we strive to help you continue to see the boost you are seeing today, in the future as well.

Thank you for being a part of the YP family.

Scott

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

YP is a great company to help with all your advertising needs. The staff is knowledgeable and easy to work with. Our company has seen a boost almost immediately upon using yellow pages advertisement. I highly recommend using YP! Best advertising in my area.

Hi Mark!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are so happy to hear your process went smoothly. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Victoria or me here at any time if you should need anything in the future.

Thanks for being a part of the YP family!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

My representative, Victoria **, and technician, Spencer **, helped to make my new online listing process go very smoothly. At first I wasn't sure what I wanted or needed. They didn't try to sell me more than I felt comfortable with as I started this listing. They were both very accessible and helpful. I felt they were both working for my longer term success with YP.com. Thank You

Hello Ron,

On behalf of the YP Sales team, we really appreciate your positive feedback! We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers. Thank you for being a loyal customer and we wish you continue success with your business.

Chysa

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

There was a few misleading on my current ad that another rep had done for me. My current rep took care of this and got me back on track. I would recommend YP for all your business solutions. My rep took the time to get things right and to bring me more business.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Good Afternoon Justin,

I have received your complaint through other avenues. This issue has been resolved and final resolution has been sent to the email on file.

I apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered and I wish you much success with your future endeavors.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I started advertising with YP in July of 2016. I was told by my rep it was a month to month. I got a 12-month contract in the mail instead and in the wrong business name (my business was Advanced Detailing LLC and they put in the name of Meguiar's, a product I used to use). Billing has changed to reflect the actual business name, I still get harassing calls for Meguiar's. At any rate, I paid for the months that I did use the service, which sucked by the way. I was severely unhappy and attempts to make changes were unsuccessful, Yelp does a much better job to be honest. The website was horrible and looked confusing and in disarray.

In September, not a couple of months after starting advertising, I sold my business to a partnership and called to cancel the advertising which supposedly I had a three month window to do anyhow. I was assured it was done and then I proceeded to cancel my credit cards. Unfortunately I still got bills and when I called customer service again, my sales rep (who no longer seemed to exist) and the local branch in San Jose and in San Francisco, I was told that I was still potentially liable for the contract, but they would initiate an old owner/new owner ticket and release me from the contract and erase any outstanding balance as the new owner did not wish to use that advertising. Even though I'm no longer the owner, I still work for the company and take calls at the business number.

So, not only did the things I was promised not happen, I kept getting calls from YP agents from all over saying they would do the same, do what I was initially promised, that the advertising had been cancelled and they were working on getting everything cancelled and balance removed. Nope, that didn't happen either. It seems they wanted it to go into default and push to collections, which they did. Now I get harassing phone calls at all hours and very rude people who swear they have the right to harass me even though I tell them to quit calling and remove my number.

This is HIGHLY ILLEGAL on so many levels. I'm told that the advertising hasn't even been cancelled either and the bill keeps on piling up and fees are being added to the "balance owed". I want this to cease immediately. I want the contract cancelled, any balance removed, any collection attempts to cease, any negative remarks on either the business or my personal credit report to be removed and for this to happen right now. I am getting stressed and can't sleep or eat as a result of the daily hounding by YP, even after requesting they stop.

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for bringing these concerns to the Office of the President's at Yellow Pages and YP.com attention.
I was sorry to hear of the customer's unsatisfactory interaction with the YP sales team.

As you can imagine, we strive to not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our clients.

The referrals now assigned to Karmita T who will contact the customer within 24hrs, no later than 48hrs.

YP Executive

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My mother agreed to a 1 year advertising deal 10/31/2015. 3 months in they did not provide anything they promised. MY mother tried to cancel and they told her she was committed to the 1 year deal. At this point I spoke with Jacob ** from YP and this was in February of 2016. Jacob promised to refund the 3 months, but we needed to continue to the end of the term which again was to end on 10/31/2016. Jacob promise an upgraded deal for the remainder of the term, and we would have to call and cancel so the contract did not "auto-renew". My mother called in July 2016 to express the desire to cancel on 10/31/2016, as YP still was not producing what they promised, YP agreed the contract would cancel.

On 10/29/2016 my mother called YP again to make sure YP knew her desire to cancel, and at this time they told her the contract was valid until February 2017. At this time I called YP and told them it is all on recording of the desire to cancel, and I demanded to the rep to pull the recording, and he stated that yes, the contract did indeed in on 10/31/2016 and it would be canceled. Fast forward to February 2017, I see a charge from YP on the charge account, and YP continued to charge for the three months. I called them, and I made the rep pull the recording of myself and Jacob ** that the change in the contract was for "the remainder of the contract". The rep continued to tell me that the conversation "renewed" the contract when the recording clearly stated otherwise.

YP stated they would investigate the matter, and all they have done was send me links that did not work that "updated" the case, and when I call I would get no response or return phone calls. I advised my mother to call her credit card company, to tell them these are unauthorized charges, and the credit card company reimbursed her the $642.00 dollar total for the three months. Now today (2/14) YP called my mother harassing her for the $642.00 dollars, stating she owes the money. She does not. We were CLEAR about everything. They are crooks and should be in jail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YP Marketing Solutions?

I honestly have no idea where to begin with Tia company. My father in law, a local dentist has used YP Media Group since 2013 and Yellow Pages forever as his marketing tool for his practice. He's spent 10's of thousands on services I'm absolutely convinced he never received. He asked I help him out with a few things regarding ads etc in November. I started looking into the account. Immediately noticed the web page was outdated and not functioning at all.

Also that his personal home address and phone number was sited in multiple locations vs his biz address and number. I spent well over 2 months and endless hours trying to get an explanation of what he was paying for and was passed around from rep to rep. Two months in they finally located a few contracts where we requested to cancel services but continued to pay. Also paid for a virtual tour we never had among countless other things. I'm now at the point of biting an attorney to handle because getting a straight honest answer out of these people is impossible. Worst company ever. They take advantage of people who are not tech savvy and they have a terrible reputation locally and I totally see why. So disgusted and disappointed.

Hello Suzi,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to YP's attention. I have received your request and am reviewing your account. I will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

The account rep Robert ** assured me he would make the changes to my advertising contract that I requested, but didn't!! Now I'm being billed for something I asked to have removed 3 months prior to the contact start date. His exact words were "I can get that taken care of for you" but he didn't and now refuses to correct his mistake and won't return my calls! DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH YP!! COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!! BEWARE!!

Hi Coyne,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you that you are taken care of and fully satisfied.

If there is ever anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out to either Alli or myself.

We wish you continued success and thank you for being a part of the YP family!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Thank you Alli for everything you do and have done for us. You're a pleasure to work with and you're not only very understanding of our needs but also have a concern to the overall success of our business. This speaks volumes to you as a person. Thank you.

Hi Jennie,

It was a pleasure speaking with you. I am glad that we were able to resolve your YP advertising issues.

I have sent an email detailing all of the updates that were discussed. I also look forward to speaking with you again so that we can go over how to use your customer portal to update your listings.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced; we do appreciate your business and look forward to serving your advertising needs in the future.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I told my sales man I was not going to renew my agreement unless he fixed the address online and placed me under the heading of banquets on the mobile app. I was told I could have the top two listing. I was waiting for him to get back to me and he never did, instead it went into auto renewal. I never agreed with this and I spent several days and many hours trying to cancel this agreement I never agreed to. My sales man and his boss will not even return my phone calls. They have fixed my address, but I never got my placement.

Hi Kim,

I just wanted to follow up with you again and let you know that this matter has now been resolved. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I have been a YP customer for 19 years, since I started my business. When my YP representative started calling in April of 2016 to make changes to my ad or to have me sign a new contract, I continually told him I did not want to run an ad. He was extremely persistent, to the point of being rude! I told him he could give me some prices, but I really felt I wanted to take a break and try some other avenues. He called relentlessly and sent e-mails. On August 8th 2016 I told him in no uncertain terms that I would not renew, and to cancel all of my ads, print and internet, to please call me on a recorded line so that I could make it official, he would not return my calls after that, I sent him an email stating this same cancellation, again never any response.

I have been charged ever since, and called daily by collections, I have called YP customer service 3 times, only to be told the account was never canceled. I finally spoke to someone on December 21, 2016 and he seemed to take care of things, but no!! Again the phone calls are coming and the bills in the mail. I originally wanted to take a year off, and now I will NEVER advertise with YP ever again.

Very disappointed. This is a well known company... turns out a company of scammers! I had canceled my account because I got absolutely nothing out of it. No new customers, no ads, NOTHING. Yet 5 months later still being charged. Couldn't even get in contact with my agent RICHARD **. He answered once only to get the runaround and now won't answer the phone. Customer service is also useless. Blab the same line they are trained to say and have no managers to resolve matters. This isn't going to fly. Stay far away from this company. I have contacted a lawyer and the attorney general.

Good Afternoon Sharon,

I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience with YP! In order to provide you with resolution, please email your business account information directly to us at ypexec@yp.com. You will receive a response within 48 business hrs after receipt of your information.

Please continue to have a good day!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My husband and I opened a business in August 2015 and engaged YP to assist with online marketing since they were supposed to be the "professionals". We signed a contract for which I specifically noted the number of leads that the sales rep promised. After receiving inquiries completely unrelated to our business (examples are: apartment rentals, mammogram appointments, food stamps, and phone calls from consumers outside of our 2000 square mile territory), I stopped paying the $600 per month fee. Needless to say, we hadn't received the previously agreed upon number of leads, and we refused to pay good money for less than expected results.

The call tracking system failed to forward many calls to our phone--the result of which was potential customers listening to a phone ringing and ringing with no answer or voicemail. If you've owned a business, you understand the sick feeling when you realize that your company is being called, but the phone on your desk isn't ringing--customers may have felt like we were a "fly by night" business who didn't care enough to answer the phone, and we don't get a second chance with those folks!

I phoned YP numerous times--cases were created--and then, after internal reviews, the cases were closed. I never got to participate in any discussion except with the person who recorded my grievance. Our rep offered a direct mailer post card to 1000 homes. I got to choose the zip code... and we did get a couple of phone calls from that mailer. (Still not enough to satisfy the agreed upon monthly total noted in the contract.)

Shortly after the end date of the 6-month contract, we were sent to collections. The agent assigned to our case was professional and after considering all the "evidence" that I have, suggested that YP settle for a fraction of the balance due. Since I did not hear back from them, I assumed the matter was put to rest... Until I received a phone call from a different agency a month ago! Now we are starting the same "song and dance" with a new partner!!

My question is why has there not been some kind of class action suit filed against this company??? With so many grievances about their unethical practices and intimidation tactics, they continue to harass their former customers. I've wasted so much time on this case, I should be the one receiving money from them!! I'm not an attorney, but a contract is defined as an agreement for both parties to fulfill the specified terms. If YP didn't provide my leads, then why do they expect my payment?

Hi Cynthia!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We've heard nothing but great things from your company out there in Orange County and we want to continue to help you thrive.

If there is anything that your rep or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. We thank you for the last 7 years and hope to keep growing your business for the next 70.

Thank you for being a part of the YP family!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

7 Years working for this company. YP has met what they said and in a timely matter. If I reach out to my rep. he gets back to me right away and solves any issue I have and some. I highly recommend YP for any advertising needs.

Good Morning Brandon,

We have already established the complaint and it's resolution via the BBB submission made by you on 2/9/17.

We have investigated the YP account. Although the contact information is listed as Cleaner; Image Pressure Washing & Property Maintenance; the actual Listing and all reference to the business on YP.com and Google show the correct business name of On Call Property Maintenance.

The account contact information has been updated to reflect the correct business name along with the name that is listed on the bill.

The terms of the current contract is due to end 3/9/17. We have updated the contract to ensure that it does not auto renew after this time.

Kindest Regards,

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Originally YP would contact me frequently to try and get me signed up. I didn't want to so I repeatedly declined. They called back one evening and offered me half the time of the contract which would be 6 months (and the low rate of 99 dollars). Reluctantly I gave in and signed up. Didn't think much about it afterwards until later while checking some emails. I realized that they were advertising the wrong business. I called and informed them this was not my business and should be changed. Another month goes by I received another email which was the same as the last one. By this time I was getting a little upset.

I have called every month about this to the point where I've had to cuss them. I have no other options because now they won't confirm the closing of the account. I try to call in and cancel, they say they will have to call me back and never do. This is the third call to cancel that after he said he would have to call me back that I lost it in a hail of cuss words. At this point I have no other option but to block them from my account, if they try to continue charging and are unable and go for collections I will have to hire a lawyer. I wouldn't recommend YP to liberals.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 22, 2017

After posting this review yp reached out to me. I provided the email exchange between their rep and I and then after reviewing this information and given the fact their representative was no longer with them to give them any further information, they determined they would remove any remaining balance on my account. While I do appreciate the resolution, it should never have taken 9 months and me having to write negative reviews to get this resolved. While I was never refunded the money yp took after I contacted the rep to cancel, I am happy to just be done with this and move on. Thank you, Joe, from yp for your efforts, they are appreciated. I hope yp becomes focused on delivering a quality marketing product that people will be happy to pay for. We shouldn't have to write negative reviews online to have issues resolved.

I am updating my review from 1 to 2 stars. While I never had a positive experience with their product, their efforts to address my concerns now earn them a higher rating.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to speak with me regarding your YP Advertising. I was glad that we were able to reach an amicable decision. Final resolution has been provided via email along with my contact information.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

1 year ago I was approached by Michelle **, Digital Sales Executive, about doing a digital marketing campaign with YP Marketing Solutions. She promised me that according to her "data" they were getting hundreds, if not over a thousand, searches for Senior Care each month in my area on their website and that we would get great results for our business if we moved forward with them. She promised me that if we weren't getting the results we expected that she would cancel the account and had done that before. We signed up and the only things we got were calls from solicitors who used YP listings as call sheets trying to sell us stuff.

After 3 months of 0 calls from leads I contacted Michelle and told her we were done with the campaign. She said she would cancel it (all this is in emails which we still have) and then we were charged not once, but twice again. The last contact we had from her she promised she was working on getting us a credit back for the funds mistakenly taken from our account and that it would be "fixed" within days. The only thing that was "fixed" was she left the company. Then I started getting collection calls from YP, (are you kidding me).

So far they have STOLEN (in my opinion) over $700 from my bank (I had to cancel our card to prevent them from just continuing taking money without providing anything in return) and now are trying to put us into collections for another $952.45!!! They feel that they deserve $1700 from our marketing budget and not have to provide a SINGLE QUALIFIED LEAD. They lied about their search traffic to get my business, they continued to lie about what they could provide, they lied about cancelling my account as promised and documented in emails, they lied about having a credit approved to give us back the money they kept taking without ever providing leads, and then when they can't hide from their lies anymore they quit.

I think the only people they employ are collection agents. Even their "tech expert" George **, who came with Michelle had quit by the time we saw what was happening. Stay away from this company. Yellow Pages is dead. Spend your money on true digital marketing with Google Adwords, Bing, Yahoo. NOBODY searched YP online.

Hello Hannah,

I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. If you would like any additional assistance with your account please provide me with your business phone number and/or account number and I will be glad to assist you.

Kindest Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The company I started working with had been working with YP for years. I had been hired on to make improvements to the businesses marketing. I gave YP a chance to see what they could do. Not only did they never make the changes I requested to the garbage website they set up for us, they left our google ads incorrect as well. Their laziness to fix what we were paying for was harming our online business presence. Finally it came to the point where we were deciding to cancel our services with them. So we decided to only sign for a month while we decided. We were told by our sales rep that we signed an agreement for a month on the online services.

When we called to cancel at the end of the month we were told by customer service that our contract was for a whole year. We tried to call our account rep whom did not answer any of our calls or emails for a month (claiming he was ill, although who knows with how we were treated). We then requested to speak with his boss whom also never called us back. After 6 weeks we finally heard from our account rep who "reversed" the contract we were told by customer service we could not reverse. The nightmare was finally over, however the damage was done. We will never work with this company again and will share our experience with other small business owner so they do not make the same mistake we did.

Hi David,

In an effort to address the concerns with your account, the Sales Team stated that the YP ads were corrected on 2/9/17.

As a follow up, we have called and left a message to ensure the changes were completed to your satisfaction.

At YP, our standards for both our product and service, and customer satisfaction is very important to us.

We always strive to create the best possible experience for our customers. Please feel free to contact us if there are additional changes to be processed.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

For two years in a row YP has listed our ad incorrectly and I have had a new account rep every year for approximately 5 years. Our first rep was from Pleasanton, Ca. but now we have been switch to a different group. In 2016 they placed the wrong address in and 2015 they gave us a partial refund because they totally got the ad wrong and their rep admitted it.

This year (Here we go again). I have the letters and my Verizon phone records and e-mails to prove everything I am typing. There is no exaggeration on our part. Received letter on 12/6/16 (letter dated 11/17/2016) that we had to make changes to our account by 12/5/16. The dates I typed are correct. I called YP. Called 12/7/16 and spoke to our "new" rep John ** at extension ** (800)-479-2977 and asked what is going on. He was nice and explained that we had until 2/10/17 to make any changes. We have now e-mailed him and left a voice mail message because we want to make changes due to alterations in our business model. Our e-mail outlined the changes we wanted but we have not had any feedback or response from him.

YP's track record with us is not good. I contacted customer support (they were nice) and explained our situation. The reference number of that call was **. I am still awaiting ANY type of contact from our rep via e-mail or voice mail on the changes we submitted. At this point we will need to cancel our account so that we don't pay for something that doesn't help us. I am not amused, I am not happy, I am a professional who expects some sort of customer service by MY deadline that was set by YP.

Hi Jeffrey!

Thank you so much for your great review. We work hard to make sure that our customers are taken care of and to hear that you are taken care of is great.

We want to continue that relationship far into the future so if there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

Scott

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Highly recommend this company. I've used several other companies in the past and this is by far the best. They are extremely helpful and very friendly. They take the time to explain everything to you and make sure you understand exactly what is they are going to do.

Factual basis uncertain

Terrible company. I advertised with YP for a couple of years up to 2015. The ROI is not there with YP marketing so I canceled in 2015. I recently started getting calls from them telling me they renewed my contract without my consent. I've received multiple fraudulent bills and collection calls from them in the past 2 months. I received a letter Friday saying they were going to turn me into collections over a balance of an account I do not have. Of all the marketing I do this is the only company that tries to scam their previous customers that I've dealt with.

Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for your review and specifically, your positive relationship with Brent. We are very proud of our sales team and we love it when others recognize their efforts too!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to continue the great relationship we have with you.

Thank you for being a part of the YP family!

Scott

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Brent ** is amazing and goes above and beyond! I highly recommend him to help you with your overall marketing plan. YP has so many advertising and marketing options and they help you keep up with the current technology and SEO options.

Hello Mr. Cohen,

I do see that your contract was canceled because there was a 3 month opt out option on your contract and you chose to opt out at that time. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable customer experience and we wish you much continued success with your business.

Warmest Regards,

Kanetta @ YP

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

After meeting with 2 sales reps., sales rep and his manager, I was convinced to use YP for local advertising. I was promised that I would not be charged until I approved of the ad. I was. I was charged the day we met and didn't find out until reviewing my AMEX bill months later. Moreover, they totally screwed up my campaign using images and terms I specified NOT to use. They even put the ad in a state other than where I live or where my business resides. EXPERTS MY **... I was provide an early release based on performance and refused to pay them a dime and canceled my contract. I've been harassed ever since and now they a have collection agency calling and leaving messages. DO NOT USE YP… and SAVE YOUR SOUL!

Good Evening Mr. Perkins,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to speak with me. I sent the resolution you and I spoke about to you via email. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. You have my contact information.

Good Morning Mr. Perkins,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention, I am sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience with YP. I will be glad to assist you with getting your account resolved. We sincerely care about our customers and always want to help you with growing your business. I will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Nicole YP

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

YP says that I'm "auto renewed" every year because of a contract I signed in 2014 marketing contract for YP listings and internet listings. I asked for YP to send me the 2014 contract and NOTHING is stated about "auto renew". Therefore, I want to cancel! I spent over 2 hours today getting bounced around only for representatives to read the same BS over and over. I asked for ANYTHING that I signed for 2017 and all they could do is refer back to the 2014 contract.

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention.
I was sorry to hear that Tracy Combs had an unsatisfactory interaction with the YP team. As you can imagine, we strive to not just meet, but also exceed the expectations of our clients
YP Executive Office contacted Tracy Combs January 31, 2017 upon receipt of the complaint. Tracy Combs detailed the actions taken by him to have his YP advertisement cancelled by his sales consultant.
Our office advised Tracy Combs YP investigation protocols when a complaints filed in our office. Alternatively, our office advised the customer follow up would ensue once resolution determined. Per Tracy Combs, he requests future correspondence to issue via email and not phone.
YP has derived at a resolution detailing our resolution options issued to the advertisers email address noted in our systems. Tracy Combs is required to respond to this notice no later than February 2, 2017. The advertiser’s aware lack of response denotes partial responsibility of any monies owed on account.
Our office will respond accordingly to Consumer Affairs upon receipt of customer response.

Respectfully,

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I just want to warn ALL business owners to never advertise with YP. We signed a contract back in 2015 for a small ad in the yellow pages. We had never advertised with this company before. We always did our advertisement with the User Friendly phone book. They talked a good talk, and we decided to give them a chance. We fulfilled our agreement and paid for that contract in full. In 2016, a representative from the YP came back in our store to try to get us to sign another contract. We told them we felt our money would be better spent elsewhere since we really did not get any customers from their advertisement. We thought that would be the end of that. We were wrong.

In August of 2016, we received an invoice from them for $195.81 for renewal of our contract. We called and they said they sent a letter to us through the mail that said if we didn't return the mailing, then that meant we wanted to renew again. We NEVER received the mailing! I asked if they had any proof that we got the mailing, and they said our address was the proof. That is crazy, we never seen any such contract.

Well after numerous attempts to try to resolve this issue, they finally let me speak to a supervisor, Danny, who after reviewing our account, said that if my account manager Meridith ** did not have a signed contract stating that we agreed to auto renewal, that they would close the account and not bill us. Meredith could NOT produce a signed contract. She sent some made up revision of the 2015 contract. I tried to call Danny back, but was told he didn't work there anymore. They did send me a letter though, that said all future renewals would be cancelled. That was in December of 2016. In January of 2017, they sent me two invoices, one for the 2016 service, and another for the renewal of 2017. It never ends!!!

We called and said we did not renew our service and that we have a letter stating that all renewals was cancelled. She said we called in on December of 2016 and told them to reinstate it for 2017. THAT NEVER HAPPENED!!! After telling that to them, they looked back and said, "oh we were mistaken." It is from your 2015 contract. We told them we have the letter stating no more renewals, and they said they would cancel it. I told them that's what they said last month, and I already have the letter stating that so how do they even have a contract to cancel!!! YP has done nothing but lie to us continuously, and we are tired of it. They faxed over our contract that we signed in 2015 that has no mention of auto renewal. Do not ever sign a contract with YP or you will never get out of it!!! They are a horrible, scamming company!!!

Thank you for bringing these concerns to YP Executive Office attention,
At YP, we take customers complaints quite seriously as we continue improving our services. I was sincere in my apologies to the advertiser for the unfavorable customer experience and that YP appreciates your long-term relationship with us.
As standard procedure, YP Executive attempted to reach Chad Mitchell on the phone January 26, 2017. Subsequent to our unsuccessful call attempt, our office issued an email to Chad Mitchell. Per receipt of Chad Mitchell’s response noted January 26, 2017, he requested immediate cancellation of his YP products still under contract. Our office advised the advertiser, should we proceed with cancellation; he would be responsible for any remaining monies owed on the account.
Effective January 27, 2017, the PRD WBYCTI - 12/2017 WATERBURY INTERNET (WBYC) was cancelled. YP provided Chad Mitchell new account balance along with screenshot for his records.
Chad Mitchell referenced a recent payment that should have posted on the account. Based on our records, we confirmed receipt of that payment as noted in our systems.

Should the advertiser have any questions or concerns, he can contact us at the number provided. We thank Chad Mitchell for choosing YP! Moreover, we wish him much continued success with his business endeavors.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I have advertised with YP for years. Starting with the book and ending with online marketing. The advertising did not show in the monthly cost so after a year I already made up my mind to cancel after my contract has ended. When this time finally comes and I try to cancel, all I get is a case number and a total runaround. No call back as promised, no emails as promised, nothing but a dated back letter showing late telling you your account just automatically renews itself. After a few case numbers and responding to emails that tell you to respond still don't answer. I decided to call and speak to someone on the phone yet again but try to find a superior. After having people argue on the phone, being extremely unprofessional and tell you you're stuck paying another year of their crappy service because you didn't call sooner.

This is a complete scam. They would ignore until it until it renews. Plan is a complete joke and I cannot believe people still use them. I will gladly make sure everyone is aware of their business practice as many means necessary. And let's not forget the call only ended as they tell you you're going to speak to the manager and it sends you to a mailbox.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Good Morning Mr. Marchioni,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me concerning your account. I am glad that I was able to address your concern and provide a mutual resolution. Please let me know if you have additional issues or concerns as I will be happy to assist you.

Chysa

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My name is James **, I am the owner of Camouflage LLC DBA CamoVets, a Home Service Cleaning company, that specializes in Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, & Powerwashing. We are US Military Veteran owned, we also try to hire Veterans to work with us. We are located in Manahawkin, NJ. In the month of June, 2016 I met with a YP Sales Rep by the name of ** at 101 Campbell Blvd, in Manahawkin, NJ. After **’s consultation, I decided to purchase YP Google Adwords product. I was assured by ** that the Ad would generate 15-30 calls in my service area a month. The cost of the program would be approximately $300 a month. My account was deducted: $300 on 6/27/2016. $183.87 on 8/4/2016. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well from the beginning, and I had the following issues:

1. In June, 2016 a rep from YP contacted me about the AD and informed me that the Ad would only generate 2-5 calls a month. Being that ** told me 15 to 30, I contacted ** who assured me that the rep was mistaken.

2. During July I called ** three times to speak to him to see if, I could see the Ad and approve it before it ran. He assured me I could, but I never did see my Ad. On the second call in July he told me it was running, I told him that I did receive 2 calls but that was it. I also tried to google my companies name, and my Ad never came up.

3. Around the end of July into August I started to receive multiple calls from out of state. I again called ** in the beginning of August speak to him about the out of state calls and the fact that I never could see my ad. He promised me he would look into the problem and get back to me within two days. After I spoke to him I did find an Ad on the 2nd & 3rd pages of Google search results, I was very disappointed because very few people ever look past page one. I tried to call ** again but, I never have heard back from him since. I have called numerous times and left numerous messages without him calling me back. Also from that point on I only received one call from my service area. All the other calls were from out of state, or from distant areas of NJ.

4. Since ** would never return my calls, and the issues were never addressed, I decided in September 2016 , to stop paying YP for a service that was not being delivered as promised.

5. In the middle of September I received a call from a YP account payable rep, informing me that my account was delinquent. Finally a call back from YP! I informed the rep of my issues as described above. He was very helpful and told me that he would contact **’s manager and have him call me. Two days later the same rep called me and asked if the manager ever called me. I told him no he didn’t. Then he tells me that according to his notes both ** & his manager both called me the day before, which was not true. Neither of them contacted me.

At this point I was very frustrated and told the rep that I wanted a full refund of my monies and the account to be cancelled. He then put me on hold for approximately 30 minutes, came back on the line and told me that my account was cancelled, but he would have to get back to me the following day to let me know when my monies would be returned to me. I never heard back from that rep again.

6. In October I received a call from a different rep. This lady informed me my account was delinquent!! I was very surprised and agitated and told her my account was cancelled the month before and that YP was supposed to be sending me a refund for the money I paid, but I was still waiting on when. I asked her if she had this info in her notes, she informed me that no, she didn’t have any record of anybody contacting me!! So I had to go over the whole story again from the beginning, she then told me again that she would have **’s manager call me. I suggested to her to put me on hold, and have her put **’s manager on the line so she could hear for herself the conversation.

She agreed, I waited for a while on hold, she came back on the line and said that the manager could not talk at that time but assured me he would call me later that same day. I told her fine, but that I wanted her send me an email that my account is cancelled and when my money would be returned to me. She said she would have to talk to a boss, I suggested just letting me talk to the boss, but she refused and said she would contact me the next day. I never heard back from her, nor did I receive an email. Nor did **'s manager ever call me.

7. In November again I received a call from a third rep who I never spoke with before, and again she told me my account was delinquent. I asked her what information she had about the account and she said only that it was not paid. I was very frustrated and ended that call.

8. On November 21, I went online to: adsolutions.yp.com, opened a case. I typed a letter similar to this. I never received a reply to that case.

9. In December 2016, I received an email from YP asking for me to take a survey. I filled out the survey and a couple days later received a call from Rep named Joyce ** from the YP Experience Group. Again she didn’t have any info about my past experiences, and I had to start from scratch and go over everything, again she said she would try to have **’s manager contact me, which at this point is ridiculous, I told her I expected my account to be closed with a zero balance and for my money to be returned to me. She said she would get back to me in a few days. She did leave me a voicemail a few days later and also sent me email on 12/22/2016 stating that the account was cancelled. No information about my refund was in the email. I tried to call back without success, I left a message without a returned call.

10. On 1/17/2017 I received a call from a collection agency that I owe over $1,000 to YP!! How could this be when I received an email in writing that my account was cancelled? I am very upset and would like this matter resolved ASAP.

Hi Belinda,

Hi Belinda,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Joe @ YP

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I have had the absolute worst working relationship with this company. I signed up for a 6 month contract for my business. After 6 months of no benefits, and zero ROI, I chose to cancel. I then found out that the contract was actually for 1 year. Lesson learned, I will never sign any contract or trust anyone's word without my attorney reviewing it first. The first 2 months of YP collecting their money, they hadn't done the promised website work. Then they spelled our company name wrong thus rendering it useless. On December 10, 2016, I wrote Gayle (our non-existent sales rep), to confirm that the contract was completed by December 31st. As it was a one year contract, dated 12/30/2015, the one year was up. She wrote me back and said she would confirm. TEN days later (yes 10) she responded with a cancellation form because they love redundant paperwork that is meaningless. This form was signed and sent back to her.

One week later, YP charged my credit card again (essentially for a thirteenth month). I contacted Gayle and these were her words, "I didn't intend on your card being charged again." Followed with information that she had terminated her employment with YP.com and therefore rendering her "assistance" useless. I have no idea if the cancellation form was ever sent through. I fought the charge with my credit card company, and now YP.com has a collections company on me as of this morning. This company was a complete waste of my money and my time. ANY COMPANY worth their salt for any web services should never need a contract! I am now with a company that is actually helping my search results on Google without a contract. BUYER BEWARE!! Do not work with this company!

YP Marketing Solutions

Thank you for sharing your customer experience with us. YP contacted Stephanie Westwood January 16, 2017 upon receipt of her referral. Utilizing information shared by the customer with YP, Yellow-Pages-LTD company based in Frankfurt, Germany, is non affiliated with Yellow Pages and YP.com based in the US.

In YP’s efforts to further assist Stephanie Westwood, our office attempted unsuccessfully to reach a representative of Yellow Marketing, LTD to discuss this matter. Stephanie Westwood was advised to follow up directly with Yellow Marketing, LTD to have this complaint properly handled.

At this time, the complaint doesn’t’ warrant Yellow Pages and YP.com attention.

Karmita Turner

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

An employee mistakenly signed and returned a form from yellow pages. As these mailers are a little misleading. I have called and explained this employee did NOT have authorization to do so. The representative whom I spoke with was not only rude and unhelpful but also hung up on me. I can not believe the lack of professionalism that I have dealt with on such a simple matter.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Good afternoon,

At YP , our primary goal is providing advertising and customer service of the finest quality. In this instance, we may not have lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves or those you expect or deserve. I apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced; we will make every attempt to eliminate similar problems in the future.

Per our records, the YP advertising cancelled on 12/27/16, and a refund is being processed. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Shenette Moore

YP | Customer Experience Group

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

After signing up for a 6 month subscription 4 months went by without any activity. I called Patricia ** at the local branch and she agreed that I had not received what I had paid for and wanted to make it right. I asked to have it canceled early and not have the last two months charged. She agreed but I never heard back. I had to continue emailing and corresponding with her and the billing department in the Philippines of which they are in cahoots with to make you go away.

After 34 emails back and forth to resolve my refund she stopped responding. She wanted me to go away but here I am now warning potential customers to not do business with YP without looking over all reviews. There are many other reputable marketing firms that care about you and your business. YP has a 1.2 rating out of 5. My biggest mistake was not doing a thorough review. The worst part was Patricia seemed to genuinely want to make it right but the bottom line was about $$$. Not great customer service. :/

Hi Angela,

Hi Angela,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Your concerns have been received and are being reviewed. I will be reaching out to you to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

As a small business owner I entrusted YP to assist me with the growth of my business. October 2015 I engaged in a business relationship with YP Marketing Solutions and after my engagement I found that my home address was listed on my web page, my rep Kayla ** did her best in attempting to understand what my company's services were but she truly had no idea. Therefore my business was placed in categories with services I did not provide. So the calls I received were for services I could not provide and other calls were SPAM calls or of people looking for work. I didn't receive many calls that built my client base. There were several things that I tried to keep up on the website myself but changing my address and my services were blocked from me changing them. My service territory zip codes would also fall off at times and I would have to go back and re-enter them.

As a small company making these corrections take time. Waiting time on the phone to get someone to fix the issues and when there isn't anyone available getting someone to call back was nearly impossible. Now my home address has been on my site nearly a year and it is has been very difficult to try to change. In efforts to try to communicate with YP I sent emails from my "contact us" venue on my dashboard and received not one response. By the 8th month of no resolve I sent an E-mail indicating I was wanting to cancel because I couldn't get any help with my site, still no response, so I transferred my domain name and that is when things really just went bad. Now they have all the time in the world to talk. I have talked to more than a half of dozen people about my site but not to correct it to prove I tried to get help with it before I moved my domain name and stopped my automatic payment. Now I am in collections.

The last rep, Ryan ** was going to look into why no one would help me but collections just reported he just closed my case without a return call. I am extremely discouraged. My entire conversation with him was as if I was on trial and I needed to prove that I even tried to contact YP at all. He wanted to argue that he didn't see any emails from me but long story cut short I had talked to a rep before him that read my e-mails to me so I am not sure how he couldn't see the note when they are located on their server. I couldn't resend them because I no longer had access to them. Huge mess and I have never had a company just ignore their clients before and just expect to get paid.

If I DIDN'T RECEIVE THE SERVICE I AGREE TO RECEIVE FROM YP THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THEM FOR IT. YP wants me to pay for the last 4 months of my contract when I moved my domain name to another company and they were no longer servicing my web page. I didn't have anything active with YP. They were not providing me with a service for that 4 month. Why should I be held responsible for a balance when they didn't do their due diligence in responding to my needs? So frustrating. I am flabbergasted...

Good Morning Mr. Snead,

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to address and resolve your concerns. I am glad we were able to reach a favorable resolution. Please log in to your ConsumerAffairs account to update your resolution experience and evaluate your star-rating. You have my contact information if you need any additional assistance.

Good Morning Mr. Snead,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.  This issue has been assigned to Nicole for processing. I will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns in depth.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I am totally disgusted with YP. I don't want nothing to do with them. They have an address on there showing that I live on Washington street in Bedford, VA. I don't even live in Bedford. I live in Lynch Station. My customers tell me they didn't know I lived in Bedford. I am going to retire next year. I want to be removed from YP for good, I have asked them & told them repeatedly for almost a year now to take me off their advertising & they refuse to do that. They must be desperate trying to hold on to people. I have been in business 23 years & I don't even need YP advertising. I want to be removed from YP for good & forever. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF FOR GOOD ASAP!!

YP Marketing Solutions Company Profile