4.5(1,340)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu’s line of digital products is designed to give a company all it needs to advertise its business online from a single partner.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider
Cons
  • Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Stars Rating

• 87%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 12%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
    Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2013

Although I never signed up with Yellow Book, I received a bill for over $300 for their listing my name. I called them to get clarification but they never returned my call.

Pinned

Hi Daniel. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not trying to be slanderous at all and I do mean to be fair and will try to be in this review.... I have done business with Yellowbook (used to be Transwestern Publishing now Hibue or whatever they are calling themselves these days), have always tried to pay them off what I owe them. This time I couldn't and they came after me with their Law firm and said they were getting ready to sue me and my company which isn't much. I'm a poor old painter, sole proprietor and I have three little kids and a wife. Yes my wife has a job but what she makes isn't always enough and I have other bills to pay in a struggling economy and I only grossed $14,000. last year. With what I netted I am considered below the poverty line. I got them to agree to let me make payments so we avoided a lawsuit this over a minimal amount of money in my opinion. Look, if you are a good company why do you have to change your name every so often?

I will never and I do mean never advertise with them EVER again, period. And I didn't sign my contract with Hibue, I signed with Yellowbook. They will receive all the money that I owe them. I will pay them off but will never and I repeat again never do business with them again! And I don't and will not recommend them to anyone at all and If you are reading this, I would recommend not doing business with them ever. Their ad did not produce enough work last year to pay for itself the previous year, it barely did. It did produced some price shoppers people trying to sell me stuff and people looking for a job, that's about it. I personally believe that most people don't even use the phone book any more so you're wasting your time and money even advertising in any phone book anymore, period IMO.

Most people are using Google search But I haven't really even gotten a lot of response from that either although the internet (Google ad words and that was free by the way) is where my few paying gigs came from. Know where all my best response has been from besides referrals? The Service Directory in my local newspaper and they don't make you sign a contract and then sue you when you can't pay. It's all up front like it should be in business for yourself? Want some real good advice? Stay away from all phone book and internet advertising - it's a rip off! Who else in advertising makes you sign a contract and when the ad campaign doesn't go well or as well as expected then proceeds to drag you into court and sue you?????? Bad business, Hibue or whatever your name is. Doing business like this will put you out of business. Word of mouth is the best advertising there is and it's free!

Hey, Yellowbook, Hibue or whoever you are. A word of advice, if you anger the people that you are trying to sign to run ad space with you, you soon won't have a company anymore. Dragging people into court or threatening to and suing them or threatening to might get you your money in the short run but it will alienate your customer base until you have none anymore. I have dealt with people that owe me money and I can tell you from experience that if you try to force them to pay, you're only going to hurt your business doing this especially if your product is not good IMO. Not smart.

Pinned

Hi Jeremy. We're sorry that you've has a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch with you?

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I see others have had horrible experiences with Yellow Book, not to be redundant but here's my story. I'm a small time Insurance Agent in Louisville, KY. Several years ago they came around and did their song & dance, later realizing that they were fraudulent. Misrepresentations regarding ad, internet, distribution, etc... All ended up costing way more than what I made. Now, I'm broke working from my home and they are paying law firms to harass and put judgments on my personal property. Is there an agency or entity that assists victims of fraud. FCC? Attorney General?

Pinned

Hi Ken. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch? Thank you, Eryn.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our company made a nationwide buy from Yellow Book. Yellow Book states they distribute 100 million books a year. We bought 6+ ads. Therefore, we should have had 600 million ads nationwide per year, yet we ONLY received 18k leads which is ONLY 18k phone calls per year! What is wrong with this picture?! Can someone tell me what the problem is here?? Who distributes the book and how many books actually get delivered to a door within a year?

Pinned

Hi Bernice. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Reviewed June 21, 2013

They are a big joke. Do not sign anything. They will run your ads over and over for years without your consent. The company is trying to hold on and recover lost money. They will do anything to spend more money they do not have. The internet is destroying them. No one looks at a phone book. Look at the books 10 years ago and now half the size. They are doomed. If I was a shareholder, I would check those account books close. Old management trying to stay and get their retirement. To pay a lawyer to do anything to recover money is nuts. They are spending your money like a drunken sailor. Start by getting some sales people that don't lie. They talk so fast like they are on drugs. You should look at the books.

David,

Our apologies for the discomfort you've experienced.. If I could ask for your account information I will be glad to research what transpired with your account to see if there is anything we can do to alleviate your issues.

I sincerely apologize and would like the opportunity to see if we can achieve a remedy.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have all been victims of Yellow Book. I placed ads in a whole series of 2008 books nationwide and my ad was printed wrong. Phone numbers and information wrong! I brought this to the attention of my sales rep and physically handed the hard copies of proof to him and he conveniently "NEVER RECEIVED" the hard copies of the ads and Yellow Book has never acknowledged the mistake or my plea for compensation after endless correspondence. I am now looking for the entire series or some of the 2008 Yellow Books. If anyone has any, please let me know. It will be my primary proof to give to my lawyer for my suit against Yellow Book.

Pinned

Hi Bernice, we're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The escalation dept. contacted me. I explained to them we were tricked into signing the contract by the salesperson and that we found that to be unfair. They said the same as always: we signed a contract and we must pay the bill. They also gave me a number where I could file a formal complaint against the salesperson. I left a message with no callback, of course. I told them, “I understand the ‘our word against hers’ thing. Let’s all take lie detector test. Loser pays all.” They declined. My advice? Be wary.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Horrible experience! We met with the sales rep and told her we did not want to run any print ads. They just don't work anymore. After her throwing a bunch of numbers at us and it not working, she shoved a paper at my office manager and explained to her that she needed to sign it saying it stated we did not want to run a print ad. My office manager did not read it since she and the sales rep had an established relationship with an expectation of trust. We get a bill two months later for a full year of print ads.

After many discussions on the phone with Yellow Book (all they would say is "You signed a contract"), we asked for arbitration with the BBB. The very next week, we were contacted by a law firm demanding full payment or they would seek a judgment. Moral of this story, for me, Yellow Book not only does not work, even though they will show you many statistics that say they do, they are not to be trusted. I will make sure anything that crosses our desk are read fully, no matter how trustworthy someone seems or how long I have done business with them.

Pinned

Hi Frank. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Contract & TermsStaff

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A Yellow Book sales rep comes in and you agree to what ads you want in the book. Then they show you the ads on their handy dandy computer. They say if you agree with the ad, sign for approval of it. They say a copy of approval will be sent to you. Needless the say, there is a whole bunch of fine print after where you signed in their laptop document, but you never see it as the sales rep doesn't scroll down to show you. Here you are just the Marketing Employee of the company trying to do your job. Little did you know you just signed a personal guarantee for payments, not the company you work for. An outside collection company buys the information if your company closes or goes bankrupt and they say you are liable for payment because you signed the contract.

This is exactly what happened to me and two employees after me. The company should be liable, not the workers. Yellow Book is a fraudulent company that is not clear and does not give important information to the signee. I hope a class action lawsuit is going on. Please let me know if one is. Thank you.

Pinned

Hi C. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Contract & TermsPrice

Reviewed April 8, 2013

$1100 add paid in full. Next thing I know, I'm being sued for over $6,700 because I don't want to do business with them anymore. Oh yeah, they got a judgement on the other end of the state of PA over 360 miles away. It's an iron clad contract that takes all your rights away and can charge you whatever they feel like. Run fast away from Yellow Book scam crew, soon to be a thing of the past.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Yellow Book is a terrible company. They actually make you sign a contract that says that they are allowed to lie to you and that any promise their sales rep made did not influence your decisions to sign a contract. A Facebook page called YellowBook scam just opened. Please log in Facebook, like the page and feel free to tell your horror story about this terrible company.

Pinned

Hi Dan. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I signed with Yellow Book for my company. Unfortunately, the business had to close. Yellow Book is now saying I signed a personal guarantee and will take me to court for wage/bank garnishment and/or personal property. The contract is long and when you sign it, it’s electronic. I also never received a copy of the contract.

Pinned

Hi Jason, we're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service. We'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch? Thanks!

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Salesman convinced me to be in their new local print publication. First thing he lied about was that they had a design team that would make my advertisement. After I signed the contract, I was informed that Photoshop was hobby for him and he was making the ads. Then my ad ran for months with an error! I was also told the publication would only go to the top 5,000 households and it went to an unemployed friend of mine! An ex-employee of theirs said that it in no way went to the top 5,000 households. Of course I can't cancel the contract and it sounded like they sue if you don't pay. I'm going all over the internet to tell my story.

Pinned

Hi Logan. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us your full name and a contact telephone number so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013

I have been advertising with Yellow Book for years but my sales rep kept pushing for me to a have website with them. I agreed and the first year we tried, they could not produce a website to my criteria and fortunately their design staff finally confessed it was due to the limitations of the format they use. Next year, my sales rep, a nice guy, convinced me to try again. But this time, the website was created and published without my review or approval. Finally, my rep came to sell next year’s advertising and showed me the site and said and I quote "You are not going to be happy." I am a designer, and this site is hideous. It took me 4 weeks to get them to take it down. And then the fight ensued. I did pay a deposit, which I did not get back and since then they have been relentless. I discovered just the other day that the unauthorized site is back up. It is different than the previous one but still hideous. Since my business is all about aesthetics, it is harmful to my reputation.

I also just received a new threatening attorney's letter requesting payment - they claim I signed a contract. Yes I did, but a contract is an agreement between two parties and Yellow Book broke the contract. They cannot put up images for my business without my authorization and the images are so bad that they damage my reputation as a professional designer. I thought this monster had been put to rest. I even reported them to the FTC; now I have to start all over again. They are aggressive and do not belong as creators of websites, or pretending that they are in a customer service supportive business. I have also found that they have done this to other small design firms, using the same tactics.

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2013

I signed up for a dollar bill size ad as I have the previous years. When the book came out, the size of it was smaller so my ad was smaller than what we agreed to. We went round and round, but they refused to credit me for the size of the ad. They said that they would offer me 20% off but only if I agree to advertise with them next year. I said "Are you kidding? I'm not happy this year so why would I advertise again with your book!?" So I did not pay them and they levied my account for $4,339.43. That ticked me off. The reps are very deceitful and rip you off as long as they get their commission.

Pinned

Hi Donald. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013

They forged my name on a renewal and have got a collection agency to collect. I am willing to join in a class action lawsuit against them.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2013

This company promises the world and delivers absolutely nothing. They then use militant tactics to try and threaten their customers. Do not waste your time with this company. They are total sheisters. They will not deliver anything worth anything. Trust me, they’re not good citizens.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013

My fiancé (and partner) spent over three hundred dollars for non-functioning web and print advertising (Yellowbook Web & Book Advertising). The representative promised us he would help us establish MapQuest Business online location advertising as part of this service. When we called him, he would not return our calls several times, many weeks past. Then, we had to call his supervisor for help. He called and promised again! And he promised again to help us and disappeared. We set up the web page. It took months to get this information correctly formatted. They didn't get our email or our phone number right (no matter how many times we gave them the right numbers and e-mails) for months! It took many calls (and more calls) to get this hammered out. This means no customers could contact us for jobs. What were we paying for?

The sales rep had all the right main information on our application, and still they couldn't get it together. Then when we had the phone book delivered to us, it had some of the listings missing that were promised to us. We were expected to keep paying another $75 each month, for another six months, for this slipshod, non-functional advertising. I am not sorry we stopped paying for this. Our waste of time and money is ridiculous! They don't deserve the money they received in the first place. And we won't pay for it! If anything, they owe us the money we paid them. Not one single job was generated from their advertising. I am being completely honest!

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013

I have read over 100 complaints online about fraud, deceptive sales and lack of customer service. About 20 of them are exactly what I'm going through right now. Yellow Book forged my name on contracts then sued me for the balance. They are now trying to take my personal property. So instead of just writing complaints and dealing with the local Sheriff department, I have decided to file a class action lawsuit against them. I need people who are willing to stand up to them and fight back. As business owners, we do everything to get our name out there and are often duped. But to just rip us off from the beginning, that can't happen. We can't let that happen. Anybody who is willing to join the class action, please email me your info and the amount of your loss.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2013

Yellow Book is a business to avoid at all costs. They so obviously forged my signature for ads for a company I had worked for. They then falsely attested under oath that it was my signature. They got a personal judgment against me. I am absolutely livid and I would like to be a part of a class action suit. Yellow Pages - a rotten company, liars and cheats!

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2012

If you do not buy advertising with Yellowbook, they publish bogus phone numbers for your business or put your competitors’ phone number in. We demanded they remove us from their system and 3 years later, they still have the wrong phone number!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012

Business was only open for 1 month while Yellow Book was advertising. No contract was signed. Not a single bit of business was gained from it for me since the business was closed. They were notified of the closing but felt that monthly fees should still be charged for the remainder of the year. Their customer service is horrible. If I had ever talked to anyone there with half a brain, I'm sure this would have been resolved simply. Do not use Yellow Book!

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012

I am a one-man operation in a computer repair shop. This sales guy, Christopher, walked and told me all about how Yell can make me a website and SEO for like $109 a month and I can opt out at any time. So what I got was a 5-page website and access to Yellowbook.com, no SEO at all. I can't even find the website in Google and I looked many times. They won't let me out of the contract, won't let me cancel. They said that I have to wait 30 days before contract is up to cancel; otherwise, it auto renews. It's a total rip off, the worst mistake I have made in my business. Never ever go with Yellowbook or Hibu as they have renamed themselves. Crooks.

Contract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2012

We contracted with Yellow Book for 3 full page ads in the local phone book. They printed our competition's truck and colors in our ad, sent out 500,000 copies of the phone book and charged us $24,000. When I brought their mistake to their attention, they offered me 10% off. My attorney is now fighting for me. The end result will be Yellow Book paying me for damages. Never contract with Yellow Book for anything. I have used several of their services, they are all bad and way overpriced.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2012

I signed no contract and am still receiving invoices for a "service" I did not request or approve $484.00. They refuse to return my calls. I'll lose, but I will see them in court.

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2012

Our company received two emails regarding confirmation of our advertising agreement. There are only two people (myself and the owner) who work for this business and neither one of us had any contact with Yellowbook about advertising or anything else for that matter. The tone of the emails make it seem that they are following up on our desire to advertise with them. This is not the case and I will be referring them to the Florida Attorney General's office for unscrupulous business practices.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

About 7:30am today, I heard something hit my front door. It was loud. I looked outside the window and saw a van leaving. I then opened the front door and saw the new Yellow Book on my front porch, alongside my freshly broken cactus plant. Obviously, the reckless delivery person had just thrown the Yellow Book at my door, breaking my plant in the process.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 18, 2012

They got me to sign three contracts in one day then sued me. The representative called before renew. I signed one contract. The rep called back and said I should also be in the two other local books. I explained that we could not afford them. He offered to be able to add the other books for no additional charge. He sent over what he claimed was a change order. Unknown to me, it was a new order. Then, he offered a $495 a year deal on internet advertising. He then sent over the third contract. Again, he explained, it’s just the way we do it. It is not a new contract, it is a change order.

After receiving the first bill, I knew something was wrong. They would not call or talk with me. They came back three years later and sued me and my company. The judge basically said “so sorry” you signed them you owe them $35,000.00 at 18% interest as well. They won! On the stand, the representative from Yellow Book, when asked about how many he does, laughed and said we have over 300 cases in Texas alone and the average is $60,000.00! Fraud is all I can say about this company.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Fraudulent charges. I had an agreement with Yellow Book 360. They continuously messed up our advertising for several months. I then proceeded to tell them that we no longer wish to use them after many attempts, and that I would be canceling their services for their many mistakes, but then they're trying to bill me for them.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We don't advertise with Yellow Book. I got a call from a rep today asking if we wanted to "renew our ad," and quoted me a really expensive ad price for something we would never do. Her name was Jennifer. I declined. She then asked if we had any presence on the internet, and I told her that we were very well taken care of. So, instead of being nice and saying, "Thanks for your time," she hung up on me! What business does that? They won't be in business long treating people like that.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

When the Yellow Book sales rep John ** came to my business, I told him that I did not want to advertise in Yellow Book. Like a fool, I let him talk me into doing a proof for a free ad with an 855 number. I would pay for only legitimate calls that brought my company business. He said I didn't have to accept it, but it would really help him if I decided to place the ad. That way, he wouldn't have to make another trip. The proofs were sent two weeks later with incorrect information, so I returned them with "Cancel, I do not want your service" in huge red letters. Two weeks later, I got the same proofs with the note "If you require a change, sign and return". Again, I wrote "Cancel, we are not using your service". I thought that was the end.

Imagine my surprise when $96.00 was removed from my bank account by electronic transfer. I went to the bank to have the transfer stopped. The lady at the bank told me that just yesterday, another costumer was with a similar complaint about Yellow Book. I have forwarded to Yellow Book copies of all the cancellation paperwork with proof of mailing and return receipts proving they received them a third time. Yellow Book ignores all my correspondence and now has started sending me a bill with the warning that if I fail to respond, I will have late fees added. If I had read all the complaints on Yellow Book, I would have not allowed their sales rep in my door. How can I stress this? I don't have anything to do with Yellow Book!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My website, email address and business location were all wrong. I emailed and called but cannot get anyone to talk to me. I filed with BBB and then, "Yell Global" called me and wanted to settle. After reviewing the settlement, I decided not to sign because the wording says "this should not be construed as an admission of wrongdoing". After all the dispute, the local sales rep called and asked me to renew. Are you kidding? Yellowbook, I will never use the service again.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2012

In January 2010, I cancelled all of our Yellow Book ads. They informed me I didn't cancel the online ad and continued to bill me for the ad for another year. Today, a year and a half later, they called to verify my "cancellation" and told me I would be billed $599.00 for the remainder of the 2-year contract. I don't have any record of a contract, but the person informed me that our first year was complimentary, which is a lie; we paid for it. Our second year we paid for, because they said we didn't cancel it in time. And now, they said we owe for the remainder of the contract amount? They were drafting our bank account for the monthly payment, so now I'm very concerned that they will start that again.

I told them we didn't owe them anything and that I had cancelled it via phone, mailed a letter, and emailed our Yellow Book rep. Still, they are trying to charge us. I talked to a manager, and after telling her this, I told her to contact our Yellow Book rep and take it up with him. Then she hung up on me. When is this company going to be stopped? How can they be stopped? How can a company continue to rip people off and stay in business, like they do? Every business out there needs to be warned of companies like Yellow Book and to not venture into any business dealings with them.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2012

To make the long story short, I opened a small Thai restaurant with my wife which lasted a year, and we decided to sell. About two months in business, this lady named Lori ** came in to get a bite to eat and told me her story about how great Yellow Book is for business. I was never ever told by this woman that this would be a 1-year contract.

I asked her specifically if this was a contract, and she said I could cancel anytime. I signed her little digital signature computer, and that was that. The online ad they made was completely horrible; the proof prints they sent were horrible. And that's when I wanted to cancel but found out the hard way after talking with their rude customer service that I had to pay in full!

What can I do to make sure these ** pay for lying? I have 6 months until the contract expires and am stuck paying $130 each month. And I'm barely making it without a job. If anyone has any tips on where I can file any class action lawsuits or anything to help this company shut down for good, please let me know.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We refused to renew an ad with Yellow Book so they made the "free listing" with our fax number as the main number. There’s no telling how much business we lost over this. I am livid. They do not answer their phones. They seem to always be in a meeting. The online complaint form is completely useless. I would rather not even be listed with them as to have erroneous information published that has cost us untold amount of business and there is no apparent way to get it resolved.

Profile pic of the author.
    Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012

I called Yellowbook to place an ad in their 2012/2013 Coastal Ft. Lauderdale book. The sales rep, Jeffery ** told me if I bought a mailing from Yellowbook, my ad in the book would be free. The mailing cost $737 which I paid in full. The book came out, I'm not there. Each employee tells me a different story. Sales rep said, "must have been a system roll over issue". Seth, his boss, does not know. A different manager claims I did not make the deadline, which is not true.

Whose job was it to make sure my ad was in the book by the deadline? No one knows. Yellowbook offers free listing online. Do not sign up with Yellowbook. Spend your marketing dollars some place else.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012

The company faxed what looked like an update, and was signed by an unauthorized employee. We sent a letter advising we issue purchase orders with authorized signatures, for anything we buy. We were charged $1,068 plus $60 in late fees. They are now threatening to send our account to a collection agency. I went online. Why isn't something being done to stop this company, like in other states? Some states have banned them from doing business.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012

We purchased a child care center from another party. Yellow Book called stating that we owed them money for the previous owners. We made sure that we had cancelled the contract with the previous owners. We did not want to renew because we were aware of the reputation that Yellow Book had among the other business owners in our area. We are now getting harassed for the balance owed by the previous owner. We have tried to have a civil conversation with these people. They have called me a liar, they have threatened us and they have demanded that I give them my credit card number. They insist that we are going to pay the balance no matter who is responsible.

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012

Yellow Book is a scam! They prey on the “little guy”, offering services for a very small amount (3 payments of $45) and instead turning around and trying to scam money from these small businesses. My mother and I operate a very small consignment store. When we first opened, we were visited by a Yellow Book rep and offered this wonderful service: advertising for us for under $200 for the year. He also told us he would bring some items in and donate the clothing to the store.

We accept donations and give the funds that are made to an all girls home. So it was a win, win for us: advertising at a great price and donations to a charity that is very near and dear to our hearts. Instead, we are now receiving bill after bill, each one a different amount. We are threatened weekly to be turned into a collections agency. This company refuses to acknowledge the initial agreement, will not take any form of payment except for the huge bills that keep getting larger each invoice. This is crazy! Why should we be bullied into paying money for a service we did not agree to?

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2012

We opened a business in November 2007 and when the advertising opportunity presented itself we began yellow page/internet advertising through the Berry Company Publications. After the first years cycle, we realized the yellow page and internet advertising was not productive and canceled our contract though we paid all the charges for that first year in full. In December 2010, I noticed that monthly charges for advertising had continued to hit my credit card and spoke about this to a representative over the phone. This resulted in The Berry Company Publications agreeing to cancel the "contract" which I had not thought was renewed anyway.

Unfortunately, this call did not result in a reversal of the recent charges to my card as I had expected. In fact, my credit card was charged again for December 2010 even though that was the month the new yellow pages were published and I was not in them. I was able to call my credit card company and get some of the most recent monthly charges reversed but this only resulted in The Berry Company then mailing me bills and then making collection calls to our office. I spoke to one of their callers and explained that the bills were not valid but he said he could not help me and that I would need to call back to a different number and talk to a different department.

I, unfortunately, made the mistake of thinking my conversation with him would suffice but after a number of months went by, I received a threatening letter from a collection agency. What tops this off is not the amount of those last charges but the time I now have to invest in responding to a collection agency for invalid charges which were never approved by me.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012

Well, I’m the owner of a small plumbing business from Portage, Indiana. I was called many times by the Yellow Book to advertise with them. They told us that business would better than double and the cost wouldn’t even be a drop in the bucket, really? It cost us about $800.00 per month but it didn’t even come close to paying for the advertisement. The young woman that sold us the ad left there and Heather was her name. So we had to do the artwork we paid to have done by our printer. Now, we are being sued by Yellow Book for $10,000.000. And to make sure they can win, they held court about 150 miles away. How can the justice system let this happen? I wonder if they didn’t buy that judge. Next, they want me in jail. I’m a U.S.ARMY vet, sued by Yellow Book advertising.