Find a Business Loans partner

2. Finance
  3. Business Loans

1.4/5 (34 ratings)
Find a Business Loans partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Lendio

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Lendio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendio ?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Let's see - totally useless - just keep reassigning my loan - never call back. I have had new people call me 1 time and emailed me 10 times and NOTHING. I have sent them my 2019 taxes 3 times and still they keep asking. TOTAL SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I signed up for round 2 of the PPP through Lendio at least 3-4 weeks ago. I uploaded all of the documents they requested. It took 3-4 weeks for my application to finally get assigned to a person, but it hasn't gotten better. In fact, it's gotten worse. In the last week, I've received 4 emails requesting that I upload ALL of the necessary documents because Lendio cannot proceed with my application. Mind you, I've had these documents uploaded for weeks. Also, you can't complete the application without uploading the documents, so for them to say I haven't uploaded the documents is 100% false.

So, after the 1st email I tell them that the documents are there; no response. Then 4 days goes by and another email stating that ALL of my documents need to be uploaded; pretty much the exact same email as the previous. It's almost as if these are prewritten emails that go out regularly like spam emails. So, I respond again and tell them that the documents are there and once again, no response. Then they email me again 2 days later asking the same thing again; almost word for word. Once again, I respond back and tell them that I have all of the documents uploaded and reasoning why I uploaded the documents that I did; because I was a sole proprietor in 2019 versus in 2020. So then I received an email 2 days later stating which documents I need to upload for sole proprietor; which are the exact documents I have uploaded. I respond back stating that these documents are still in the system and have been for weeks.

Guess what? No response. I swear these emails I'm getting have to essentially be auto generating emails because I've read dozens upon dozens of reviews where other people have the exact same issue. Basically, don't waste your time with Lendio. All they do is have you running around in circles and will never actually respond to you in a personalized response. Everything seems auto-generated. I highly doubt these people have actually looked at my application at this point and will continue to just play games. Why are they playing games? I have no idea. All I know is that once I submitted my information the amount of spam calls and texts I'm receiving daily has increased significantly.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I wasted months with this sorry company trying to secure a PPP loan. I was told I was one of the first applicants in line when the 2nd round of funds became available. Nothing. Went to Biz2Credit. Got twice as much money already in my bank in less than one week. Same exact documents. No muss, no fuss.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I was approached online by this company Lendio, claiming that they are an agency representative on behalf of the government to administer PPP loans to small businesses from the government funds available. However my experience has been initially good until I submitted all my information and now they keep coming back and telling me I have not sent certain documents which is not the case at all. I am independent schedule C small business owner, one employee. I’ve read some of the reviews here and clearly suspect the same that I am too small and they will not benefit sufficiently from a business a small as mine hence the slow deliberation.

In my opinion this company are concerned about getting as many small businesses on board as possible and then falling short unless they can benefit significantly because I’m sure they do get fees for doing this from the government as I said they approached me. I did not go and seek these people to do this loan. I have called them and tried to speak to somebody on the phone all to no avail. The person is not about, the person is not there, too busy or the line goes dead. I am very suspect because of the names associated to the agents also but checking online appears to be a very legitimate company so I’m scratching my head. Not sure what to believe here.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I write because in a nutshell, I am an independent contractor and I applied for a PPP loan through Lendio. After a full month of emailing and calling, trying to make sure all my documentation was in and correct, I finally was told (as an aside) by an employee after many attempts to find out the status of my application that Lendio does not handle PPP loans for independent contractors. This is after a FULL MONTH of trying to find out my application status, and having three different representatives assigned to my application (I only know this because three different names were listed as my representative on my account page on their website over the period of the month) that never even once responded to my emails or voicemail messages.

The few times that I was able to reach someone on the general phone number, they would just say that it took time and my application was in process. PPP loans are lifelines for many during this time and to have a company falsely state that they are doing everything they can to pair you with a qualified lender, only to discover that they don’t even handle your type of business is beyond irresponsible and negligent. These loans are only available for a limited time before the funds run out, and all I can do is hope that the application I immediately filed with a lender yesterday will be approved by the SBA in time.

The way I discovered all this was that on my Lendio account page, it now said that my application had been sent to a lender (BlueVine) and BlueVine would be handling my application and getting it to the SBA going forward. When I clicked on this lender link, it took me to the home page of BlueVine, with no account information, nothing. I then spent nearly 5 hours yesterday on hold, being disconnected because of high call volume, etc. with Lendio, trying to find out how to work with this lender which was supposed to have all my completed documentation and application.

After finally reaching one person on the general phone number and pleading to know how to find out exactly what to do next, this person told me that this delay and confusion was actually Lendio’s fault because they don’t handle independent contractors and that I would need to start from scratch with the lender (BlueVine) and complete an application on their website, BUT that they and Lendio were partners and they (BlueVine) had already been provided all my documentation by Lendio. This was a lie. BlueVine had no information whatsoever about me, they didn’t even know who Lendio was.

I spent a full month waiting in good faith, thinking that my application was being processed and would be sent to qualified lenders. The only reason I didn’t cancel my application during this time was because I thought that it might become entangled and a mess if it had somehow been submitted by Lendio and then I went and applied somewhere else. This has been a complete nightmare, and I only hope that the application and documentation I submitted on my own to BlueVine yesterday is approved in time by the SBA.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I applied to Lendio and to my bank. My bank was responsive (answered email questions) and got my application to the SBA and Lendio never did. The website that my application was under review when I submitted all information requested. No return phone calls, and only robotic email responses - no humans were ever available. Their reputation for easy and quick process did not apply.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Lendio don’t provide any clear answers about my ppp. I’m going to withdraw my app and Anthony ** wouldn’t answer no emails and now he is not my lending manager. Matter fact I don’t have one and I can’t get through, pls don’t use this company.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

This is the second round of PPP loans and there is nothing different than the first time. First let me state that I am a small business owner of a remodeling company and have no accounting experience whatsoever. With that being said I obviously need a little help when they start asking for government required documents and never get helpful responses from either Ready Capital or Lendio. It’s now been 2 weeks since I applied online and I’m still not sent to the SBA for approval. I need funds now not 2 months from now and obviously it seems to me I’m a small guy and not a lot of profit in me. I keep getting emails saying missing documents in which I know I have sent twice already. They send very vague emails so now on hold for over 10 minutes and it’s asking if I’d rather receive a call back when an agent is available and I’m skeptical because I’ve literally have never heard back from either companies when asked.

I honestly get more emails about signing up for their live events than I do for the application. Please playboy get out from in front of your GoPro and process some loans. Last round it took a long time as well and I literally gave up only to finally get an email from an underwriter and I asked her a very simple question. “just out of curiosity why did this take so long?” I was asking so that I may better myself when applying for a loan next time and she responds back "if you are unhappy with us I can terminate your loan if you’d like." I emailed and called customer service because obviously this concerned me because I stated “No I would not like to have my loan terminated” and I never heard back. One day I look in my acct and there is loan money there. They need to have a meeting and let everyone know that not everyone has accounting experience and are overwhelmed just as much as they are if not more.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Used them in 3 separate loans, one out of those was successful. The one that succeeded although interest rate was a little high I had no issue with it. Although in my opinion it was luck. I then applied for the first PPP, they submitted my application too late. I brushed that off, then came the second round. I applied the first day it opened, they gave no reminder. Either way I went through because they knew my info. I then had to tell them how to input things in the application because they had no idea. Then they switched case workers.

Now as a business owner I strive on communicating with my clients so this next part is what caused all of my negative issues with this company. After they said it would be submitted in 2 days I went 4 days not hearing back a single word and the application not being submitted. I called, left emails and voicemails and got no response. I then switched lenders and got the application to underwriting within a hour. Never will I ever use Lendio ever again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I contacted them several times about my ppp loan about the forgiveness part. I told them mine was not through a bank. It was done through Kabbage. I kept telling them that Kabbage was telling me I have to wait and go through them. They just gave me the runaround about it especially Nathan ** who works there. Then they wondered why I got angry when I called. I kept calling them and still the runaround especially from Nathan. I would not recommend them Sid a loan organization to anyone. I had every right to be angry because I never got any straight answers. Nathan even helped me fill out a forgiveness form after many phone calls. That was a joke and went nowhere. Terrible organization. Thank you for letting me say my piece. Sheila **.

Lendio Company Information