3.9/5 (468 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Valvoline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: June 29, 2022

I drive up to Valvoline instant oil change In Lancaster Pennsylvania on Columbia Ave and was told I could not use coupon for synthetic oil change due to having a Volkswagen Jetta. They stated that it was a European car. That should not have mattered synthetic oil is what they use so why I could not use my coupon? I will never go back.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I received an oil change on my vehicle and when I got home, I realized the scrape plate was not fully attached. I called the store and the man was very respectful, kind, and CAME TO MY HOME WITHIN THE HOUR and secured it in place. We are all human and no one is perfect. When a mistake happens, how it is handled is the true reflection of a company's culture. I will never use another company. They have my business for good!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Justin ** is AMAZING!!! He was so knowledgeable about my vehicle. He found several issues that needed to be addressed and gave A LOT of good wisdom on maintenance. Could not have been happier, I felt blessed!!!

Original review: March 28, 2022

I came just now from Valvoline & Summerlin & Charleston branch inside the Canyon Pointe compound for a quick Oil change. And am always impress and happy with this very particular Branch. Even though that they rotate their people and so you will meet different crews every time to come back for their services. The people here are awesomely great. Today (03.28.2022), Cody is the exceptional person that told me, I don't have to have oil change yet for I still have almost 3k of mileage before my next service from them. Awesome people! Saves me money especially in this dire time. May your goodness guys return back to you a thousand folds. Thanks a lot Cody!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I am overly satisfied with the quality and very attentive staff. They check the car, inform IN DETAIL what's needed...NO PRESSURE...Then finish up and you are on your way. No surprises and the guys at the Mansfield Rd location are whew.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Unadvertised shortage of inspectors in Rochester, NY. Only two locations offering State Inspection as of 11/5/2022 - 2472 Monroe Ave Brighton, NY 14618 and 654 East Ridge Road, Irondequoit, NY 14621. I arrived at my local Valvoline 30 mins. before opening - waited to have my car serviced. Pull through the garage and was informed that this location wasn't doing vehicle inspections and that only two locations were doing inspections in the Rochester, NY area. Note: this has not been the case in years past.

I hurry over to the closest of the two, pull up to the location, and speak with one of the employees. Very straightforward, he informs me that it would be a 4-hour wait in order to get an inspection... I half expected this to be the case - arriving 12 minutes after opening to one of two locations in my city providing inspections. Nonetheless, I was still taken aback by the inability of Valvoline to provide such a fundamental service.

This review isn't so much about the service I received (or lack thereof, however, the two employees I spoke with were apologetic and willing to explain the situation), but more so an inditement on the company itself for lack of information and failing to provide for perhaps the highest-demand vehicle service. To have 9 locations in the Rochester, NY area and only provide state inspection services at two locations is not good, nor convenient service. To not warn potential customers on your website of said shortage, while not necessarily false marketing, is nonetheless unfortunate as uninformed people would just assume the service would be provided. To have to drive to a location and speak with an employee just trying to do their job in order to get an explanation for a service you lack is a bad experience.

While I understand not advertising the shortage of inspectors for fear of losing service, ultimately, you end up driving away potential customers like myself due to this type of inconvenience. I propose Valvoline addresses this shortage by (a) adding a banner to the front page of https://www.valvoline.com/ acknowledging potential shortages, (b) on locations pages, noting if a location provides inspection services or not, (c) providing locations that don't offer inspections proper signage to acknowledge that they don't provide inspections to people arriving to the location assuming they could be serviced (this would prevent people from having to wait to speak with an employee, only to be informed of the shortage of inspectors), or (d) hire/train more inspectors to meet the demand for a highly sought-after service.

Having received services from Valvoline on several occasions, I understand the convenience of having multiple locations capable of providing automotive preventive maintenance services in my area. However, having experienced issues the last three years when attempting to get my vehicle inspected, something needs to change in order to address this failure on behalf of this brand's management, marketing, employee training, website team... whoever's responsible for any of the items noted above to address this issue.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

IMPORTANT - DO NOT GO TO VAVOLINE AT 41 & BAY ROAD! SAVE YOUR CAR, YOUR MONEY, AND YOUR TIME!!! Went there for a simple oil change and not only did they over fill the oil causing damage to spark plugs, but they also knocked two hoses off checking the air filter causing an imbalance in the fuel mixture which resulted in nearly $500 in repairs. I immediately returned when the engine light when on and the engine was malfunctioning and the employees refused to look under the hood or check their work. The area manager admitted video tapes show their staffs' incompetence but they are still refusing to pay the repair bills. THIS IS A HIGHLY UNETHICAL, UNPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS THAT CARES NOTHING FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AND LACKS ANY LEVEL OF INTEGRITY OR MORAL FIBER. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I went to the Valvoline at the 300 Peasant Grove address in Mount Juliet and the invoice showed that they had checked the coolant and when I checked none was in it. Almost ruined my engine. I am very disgruntled.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Went to Valvoline for a synthetic oil change and that's all they did besides fill washer fluid...did not check tires, wipers, air filter, none of my fluids. Oh and they checked my lights. Guess they were bored while we sat in line for over a hour.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Took our van in for an oil change and engine head ended up cracked. Contacted corporate filed a claim. Only to be told that corporate has no authority over each franchise (so what is corporate for). Had our vehicle taken to another repair shop whose findings concurred that it was caused by Valvoline.

Valvoline Company Information