3.0/5 (799 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Valvoline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: June 29, 2022

I drive up to Valvoline instant oil change In Lancaster Pennsylvania on Columbia Ave and was told I could not use coupon for synthetic oil change due to having a Volkswagen Jetta. They stated that it was a European car. That should not have mattered synthetic oil is what they use so why I could not use my coupon? I will never go back.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I received an oil change on my vehicle and when I got home, I realized the scrape plate was not fully attached. I called the store and the man was very respectful, kind, and CAME TO MY HOME WITHIN THE HOUR and secured it in place. We are all human and no one is perfect. When a mistake happens, how it is handled is the true reflection of a company's culture. I will never use another company. They have my business for good!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I came just now from Valvoline & Summerlin & Charleston branch inside the Canyon Pointe compound for a quick Oil change. And am always impress and happy with this very particular Branch. Even though that they rotate their people and so you will meet different crews every time to come back for their services. The people here are awesomely great. Today (03.28.2022), Cody is the exceptional person that told me, I don't have to have oil change yet for I still have almost 3k of mileage before my next service from them. Awesome people! Saves me money especially in this dire time. May your goodness guys return back to you a thousand folds. Thanks a lot Cody!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I am overly satisfied with the quality and very attentive staff. They check the car, inform IN DETAIL what's needed...NO PRESSURE...Then finish up and you are on your way. No surprises and the guys at the Mansfield Rd location are whew.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I love how quick the service is. Even waiting in line isn’t painful. And they do all the extra things I hate doing or would neglect: air in tires, wiper fluid, change wipers if needed (they sell wipers), check all lights, check filters, etc, all while sitting in my own car! 4 out of 5 because it I find it very expensive for a simple oil change. I keep going because that’s how much I hate doing these things. If you don’t mind the cost, it’s fast and easy. Highly recommend.

Original review: June 27, 2022

In the past I have had good experiences, until the last oil/filter change at Valvoline. Four days prior I had $1,500.00 in front end work done on my vehicle which included Serpentine Belt, Belt Tensioner and Idler Pulley replacement. I was standing outside the bay door and witnessed all that was done at the Valvoline Store Location in Murfreesboro, TN. After the tech finished changing the oil and filter he sprayed a liquid solution all underneath my SUV which included around the idler pulley and serpentine belt. In discussing the matter with the manager at the store location, I was told they use a "Dawn" soap and water solution to clean all around where the oil drains.

This is a SCAM because the Tech had no business spraying the solution around the Serpentine Belt and Idler Pulley which will and does cause belt slippage. An unsuspecting customer would think their vehicle has a worn belt, belt tensioner or idler pulley. STAY AWAY. Do the oil/filter change yourself or take your vehicle to a "trusted" shop.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I took my car for oil change to Valvoline in Santa Monica yesterday. I called the shop prior to my arrival and asked for the cost of oil change, which was lower that I charged at the end. I offered a $10 coupon and so I proceeded to the shop. I sat in my car and there was no waiting and immediately they began working in my vehicle. After my information was paced in computer, the show began with announcing every part that was tested (Like in Army!!) by a worker and response by another worker by loud response. I could see the computer screen and numerous check marks introduced in seconds!!.

The service man checked my cabin air filter, showed it to me and said that needs to be replaced. I agreed and the filter was changed and I was charged $64 and to my inquiry, the answer was that is the company's policy!!!! Later I checked the price of air filters online and found the prices vary from $5.35 to maximum of $19.86??!!! What a rip off That is price gouging and a fraudulent act. I paid for best quality full synthetic oil, and I am not sure what kind of oil was put in my car. They never showed me the container?! We should combine our forces and fight against these corrupt companies.

Resolution response: June 20, 2022

Valvoline paid for my repairs.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I took my vehicle for a oil change only because I just moved into the neighborhood and it was closer rather than going to the dealership. The oil change was done but took longer than usual. Recently I took my vehicle to the dealership and was advise that not only my bolts but the frame for my skid plate was stripped, barely holding by one bolt rather secured by four. I reached out to Valvoline, customer care, they did reach out to me and said they will look into the matter and reach back out to me. It's now thirty days past and no response. I took it to my own expense and had it repaired. The location was Jacksonville Florida, I'm very disappointed in this company.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Justin ** is AMAZING!!! He was so knowledgeable about my vehicle. He found several issues that needed to be addressed and gave A LOT of good wisdom on maintenance. Could not have been happier, I felt blessed!!!

Original review: April 15, 2022

We had an oil change performed last fall in Cape Coral Fl and after experiencing some issues another shop found that a check valve was not put back in with the filter which created low oil pressure and has now ruined the engine. Valvoline has denied responsibility even after an employee admitted that the service tech had been let go because of other mistakes. Now I am forced to take legal action.

Valvoline Company Information