1.24/5
Based on 176 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

305 Valvoline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have seen similar reviews but this made me so angry that I had to add my 2 cents. Valvoline in Derry NH. Oil change for 2010 Audi A6 Quattro. Was told it needs full synthetic. So the package is $89.99. Now... not bad enough... they then claim you have a "special" oil filter and that filter cost $15... (Can find it for $7 online) on top of the $89.99. I argued that the $89.99 includes an oil filter. It even says oil filter under the $89.99 along with oil. So I said then, "You should remove the cost of that oil filter out of the $89.99 before you add back in the $15..." for a cheap paper oil filter. The tech just kept claiming there was no filter included in the $89.99... yet a quick look at old oil changes for my wife's GMC... there is no additional charge for an oil filter in the basic package.

IT IS A TOTAL RIP OFF. Seems Valvoline does this over and over to people. The techs are very friendly... but otherwise they scam you every way they can. My wife has been using them for years. We will no longer be using them for any of our vehicles. We have 5... and will be telling anyone who cares to listen to avoid them as well.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Today I went to the Valvoline Instant Oil Change located at 4101 Veteran Highway in Levittown. Must say it is the absolute best place for a quick oil change, you don't even have to get out of your vehicle plus they're open 7 days a week with great hours... Who does that and they do a complete safety Inspection of your vehicle. I was really impressed by their friendly and knowledgeable staff: **! I recommend going there if you like being treated as a valued customer instead of just a number and feel as though you have your own pit crew, you must go! Guaranteed you'll never go elsewhere, I know I won't! God Bless.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I took my 08 Mercedes in for a Oil change in Yorba Linda CA and found oil dripping when I got home. I opened the hood and there was oil all over the motor. I then noticed the dipstick for the power steering was missing. I drove back to Valvoline and asked them to check where all the oil was coming from but didn't say anything about the missing dipstick. I wanted to see if they would be honest. They said the oil was just from spilled oil during the oil change and they cleaned it up. I then asked, it is not from the power steering, and he said no and I watch him find and replace the power steering dipstick. I had my answer. They lied about it even being missing. Now, a couple months later the power steering pump is going out. I will never go back to Valvoline.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Just bought a 2012 Buick 50k miles on it from a local dealer, car in a great shape, went to Valvoline in Bound Brook NJ to check all fluids and see if I should change gas or wait. Guy told me, "You are fine for like 2000 miles more." After 3 weeks I opened the hood for no reason but to check on car, found my motor covered in oil, turns out that the guy forgot to put the dipstick back in its hole. Drove to Valvoline and the fun part started. Manager ran to me outside with my dipstick telling me the guy worked on it forgot to put it back and because no actual work was done on my car and it's new, not on their system yet. They couldn't find a phone number to call me. My motor is soaked in oil and I was about to maybe lose my engine. Who knows. He didn't even apologize, went inside and they started spraying degreaser. Asked them to change oil since I'm there.

Dude working on my car was so rude, car oil change and air filter total like 110. Asked him if there is any part of this on the house since they screwed up, he said in a super rude way, "The car didn't lose much oil at all and no damage so no discount" then added sarcastically (everyone wants something free)!!! What?!! You screwed up and now being rude and impolite?!! I don't want free stuff. I want to come here and go home with my car in a good shape which you failed to do. Terrible attitude. Terrible customer service, at least offer to wash my engine in a professional place and even offer to change oil on you as an apology, or at least say, "I am sorry"!!! Just 10 off which I was gonna get anyways with a coupon, can't believe it. If something happened to my car I swear Imma sue them asap with all power I have. I didn't even pay my first car payment yet!!!

Original review: March 28, 2018

On February 21, 2018, I took my 2013 Kia Sorento to Valvoline Instant Oil in Cuyahoga Falls for an oil change. I was advised it was due for a transmission flush, which I agreed to have completed at that time. The following evening (Feb 22), a large puddle of transmission fluid was noticed in my garage. I had driven a total of 18 miles since the service. As it was after hours, the next morning (Feb 23) I drove the 1.5 miles up to Valvoline to have this inspected. The Customer Service Representative Ryan said that there was no leak, this was just 'residue' after the flush which leaked onto the garage floor. However, they started adding fluid to my transmission, and then the manager, Hank ** told me that the transmission pan plug was 'stripped'. This plug had never been removed until they serviced it less than 48 hours prior. Hank stated he would order a new plug, and it was 'ok to drive'.

I drove the 1.5 miles home, and put a large piece of cardboard under my vehicle. Less than an hour later, there was a huge puddle of transmission fluid on the floor, and I could see the pan leaking steadily. I had my vehicle towed to Jim's Transmission Shop in Cuyahoga Falls, and I called Valvoline. Hank (manager) said that he would take care of it and call the shop. Jim's Transmission determined that the reason my pan was leaking was because the Valvoline Tech (Anthony) did not put the o-ring back on the plug after he completed the transmission flush. This would have been evident when I brought my vehicle back to Valvoline. However, Valvoline lied to me first about the leak, then the reason for the leak, and to add insult to injury, falsely instructed me that it was "ok to drive". Valvoline did pay for the repair directly.

However, they have not reimbursed me for my out of pocket expenses such as rental car, lost wages, cleaning of the garage, tow, etc. They have not paid restitution for breach of duties, negligence, and flat out dishonesty. I have sent supports to Valvoline at both the local store and their headquarters via certified mail. Until yesterday, March 27, 2018, they have refused to respond. I received a call from the Regional Manager for this particular store. I think the only reason he called is that 15 minutes earlier I tweeted to Valvoline that I was filing complaints. He said his name was Doug. He said I hadn't been contacted because they were reviewing this with their 'legal department'. Doug proceeded to pick apart my demand, and while he flat out admitted fault, that they were not going to pay for many items. Items that are owed like power washing my garage- he said unless I paid someone to do it, it wasn't covered.

I have been a claims adjuster for 18 years, and I handle claims in all 50 states. The cost for a service is owed, no matter if the property owner does the repairs themselves. He also said that they will not pay for my lost time at work that were a direct result of this loss. Doug offered a "warranty" from Valvoline for my transmission if there are any problems down the road. I advised him that considering their abysmal record with Consumer Affairs, it wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on. If I had listened to the Valvoline's employee's absolute bold faced LIE that my vehicle was OK to drive, my transmission would have seized-causing extensive damage to my vehicle, as well as potential bodily injury not only to myself, but potentially to other parties. Valvoline has already admitted fault, and attempted to reimburse me just for the cost of the transmission flush. This is not acceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: March 16, 2018

I went to Valvoline in Edison, NJ on Parsonage Rd for a coolant flush. Before I went I called from my office to ask them if they service BMW's as I wanted to make sure they could put BMW specific coolant in my car (it's blue) as I did not want to cause any damage to my radiator or the hoses. The manager Matthew ** assured me he serviced BMW's and had the proper coolant in store to do the flush. Great. I arrived 18mins before they closed and a gentleman proceeded to tell me "my battery sounded bad" and as he was "distracting me the manager Matthew was using a hose to flush out my system and add no name $12 coolant to my BMW. I specified on the phone that I had no problem paying extra for BMW coolant as that was what was needed for my car and he assured me he had it no problem.

Well, 2 days later I am back in there because my coolant light is on saying it's low. How is that? I do not remember if it is was Matthew but I think it was... told me, "Oh the thingy (and that's a quote) that moves inside is probably just moving around. It's fine." It was not fine. Here I am 2 weeks later and come to find out the coolant he put in my car and the water he "flushed" it with ruined the hoses and my aluminum radiator. Really? I am at $300 in 1 hose right now and I can't even drive it. There is so much GREEN coolant leaking out of it. The coolant is suppose to be BLUE not GREEN!!! IF YOU DO NOT SERVICE BMW'S THEN DON'T SAY YOU DO... My work phone calls are recorded and once the correct repairs are done you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Brought my car in for oil service. Asked specifically to check my fluid levels. The technician said the fluids were okay. When I checked out was told I needed a transmission fluid change. I questioned the discrepancy between the two people. They could not offer one. They also would not give me a receipt because they are paperless. They said they would email it to me. I came home and checked my email. No receipts. After two calls to them still no receipt.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I went to Valvoline on Friday 2/23/2018 to have oil, rear differential, front differential, and transfer Case fluids changed and when I left I could not make it but a block or 2 before my Jeep started to act different (pulling back and forth) like the shifting was going out. Since this I have had my Jeep parked due to a family friend who is a mechanic stating the vehicle was unsafe to drive. Very bad service on this date.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I went for an oil change, and the employees could not have been more rude and insulting to me. First, they asked me 'Do you want me to change your air filter, I'm not trying to be lazy, but it's a pain to do.' I said no because I didn't want extra charges brought up and my bill to be higher. Then another guy, checking my tire pressure says 'Your front tire has high pressure, you want to get one of those things, it looks like a pen.' I told them, "I know what a tire pressure gauge looks like and I have one, thank you." So then, the assistant manager comes up to me at the end, shows me the oil leave and says 'Just so you know, your oil filter is a real pain in the ass to get to.' Really, this is how you treat your customers. The first time I went to the Groton, CT location, they were all pleasant and nice, I go yesterday and they were all jerks. I will never go back to this location and I suggest others do the same.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had an oil change done for my car on 1/2/18, nothing more than full synthetic and an oil filter. The bill came to $168.69, which seemed outrageously high. They said it's because my car is European (I have a Jetta). Even so, I have never heard of an oil change this shockingly expensive, and they did not tell me the price of it before going ahead. I called customer service to let them know I was overcharged, and the woman I spoke with told me I was in fact overcharged - she said the price was supposed to be 89.95. She said I would receive a credit for the difference and that I would get a phone call from the district manager who oversees the location I went to (Leominster, MA).

It had been a few days and no word from the district manager, no credit, so I called customer service back. They said the district manager made a note on my ticket saying I was "appropriately" charged and would only give me a coupon for my next visit. Not only had I not been followed up with about this, but I feel completely ripped off. I will never be doing business with Valvoline again, that was the biggest waste of money and customer service was not helpful whatsoever at resolving my situation. $170 is NOT normal for an oil change! That is stealing.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I brought my car in for an oil change, and was not told it required a 'synthetic blend' oil that costs $70.00. The service commenced, and only when I noticed the charge on the store computer did I say something. Then, manager, "Eli" refused to complete the service even though the motor oil had already been drained, rendering my car undrivable. I had to threaten call to POLICE to get oil put back in my engine so I could leave! DO NOT GO HERE. THEY'RE CRIMINAL and will leave customers STRANDED IF THEY DONT "PAY-UP!"

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I made a claim after I was told the last person to do my oil change potentially messed up my oil pan and oil drain plug. I went to the Avon Valvoline that previously completed the job and overcharged me. To my surprise the place was abandoned despite the fact it was only two or three months after I got work from them. I contacted the next closest one and submitted a claim. I was told I would be contacted within 24 business hours, I was not so I called them and was told they would get back with me. 10 days from the day of the claim I finally speak with them.

By that time my car was being repaired so the claims manager before even looking at my car tries to misplace the blame on several other factors. Finally he sends his mechanic to look at my old part that I paid to get replaced, and comes up with it didn't need replacing. Despite the fact that two separate shops told me the exact same thing. One cost was significantly lower than the other. Without knowing what the other suggested. And I had to hunt down claims manager because he didn't even have the decency to call me back. Completely non-chalant and careless. Oh and the manager blamed me for getting my car fixed before he had time to let me know that the pan wasn't needing to be replaced. Even though I didn't know whether they would contact me or not.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got a oil change today. I wanted the one on sale $19.95. The worker said he can't pull up the coupon online but if I had AAA it will be 10% discount. When it was done I was charged $37.24. I was so pissed. This is the second time I had a problem with Valvoline. Don't send me no more coupons. I am so done with Valvoline. I will not take my business there no more. BYE.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I went to Valvoline to have an oil change. The oil was leaking after the oil change. I brought this to the attention of Jonathan at Valvoline and he stated it was not leaking. He refused to look at the oil filter and see what was going on. I do not recommend the Cedar Lane in Knoxville, TN branch.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I have a 2006 Lexus IS 250. Stopped at your location 4909 Dixie Hwy around 6:30 for an oil change. The greeting wasn't good because they close at 7:00. I told the young lady that I can come back tomorrow cause I already know what kind of service I'm about to receive. They completed the Job and I don't believe they changed my filter or canister. When I got home my White Lexus had Black hand marks all over the hood and lower bumper. I really wanted to go back the next day but decided not to. I have been a long time customer but I will never go back to that Location.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I have 2 month experience in my own business then I call the Valvoline wholesaler to purchases the lubricant of company. Then they told me they cannot give me the oil of company and they still does not give me the lubricant.

Original review: May 30, 2017

NYS requires all vehicles to be inspected annually. Valvoline is a NYS Certified Inspection Station. I called and was told there was no wait time. I was there in less than 5 minutes. Then 3 customers who wanted oil changes arrived. They were taken ahead of me. I was told it is their policy to take oil changes first, inspections wait. So I said, "I could wait here all day if oil change customers keep coming?" I was told yes. Then I noticed a homemade computer printed sign that stated NYS Inspections are "Truly a service for our oil change customers" I could hardly believe my eyes. I'm sure NYS did not certify them to inspect only oil change customers. Bottom line unless you happen to need an oil change as well (by the way in my experience, they're the most expensive in Western New York for oil changes) or have an entire day to sit at Valvoline go somewhere else.

Original review: May 8, 2017

This station (Valvoline Express Care Cedar Hill) has been owned by three owners, two of which have been great regarding customer service. The third husband and wife team is the latest group who came in and started off by doing a makeover on the station with a fresh coat of paint, new TV's, etc. However the one stark difference was this couple owns several oil change stations in the DFW area and uses a surveillance app on their phones to monitor the station activities. This dynamic here is a recipe for failure compared to the other two owners more hands on approach, always greeting the customers, and owner to customer engagements. There was a notable bland feel from the staff with the staff on the first oil change, then things got remarkably worst on the second.

Last Thursday afternoon, I went in and parked my truck at the rear of the station waiting for someone to greet and inquire about my automotive needs. No staff member came out, so I went in the lounge area with no staff presence there. As I went back to my truck, a second car arrive behind mine, it was then that finally a staff member came out and made a beeline for that car, spoke to the customer, got into the car and drove the car to the front of the station while totally disregarding my presence altogether. Keeping in mind, that as I first approached a staff member was lowering a bay door who in my opinion made eye contact with truck.

I immediately was furious with the lack of attention these staff members were giving me and drove off to report the incident to the Valvoline Express Car corporate office. The owners finally contacted me about the incident and offered a free oil change as an apology. As a long term customer, the whole incident greatly soured my outlook on this oil change station and its owners. It goes to show with all the competition out there how quick a customer can jump ship and move on.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I have gone to Valvoline for years!?! This time they charged me 84.38?!?! They did not do the basics! Check my tires, wipers, signals & my brakes!!! I was not told that there was going to be a charge of 15.00 for extra oil. I had them do an oil flush. I was quoted 24.99 then charged 29.99. I feel, as though, I do not owe this entire bill. They have hired some type of company that is harassing me to pay the entire bill. I want some type of credit. That is all. I will not be going back there ever again!!!!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Never again, talking about excellent customer service so my boyfriend recommended Valvoline for an oil change... we go take my 2007 Mazda CX-7 to Valvoline on Twin Creek Drive, Killeen Texas, we get a high mileage oil change. The guy Charles and Adam complete the oil change, print off a receipt and sends us on our way! Approximately 2 weeks later I go out of town. Come home my oil light flashed. I parked the car. The next morning I go to take my 6 children to school the car is making a extremely loud noise sounding like a tractor so I let my kids walk to school and called Valvoline.

After locating my receipt they noted on the receipt a oil leak was detected yet never once mentioned it to me. It was also noted they added wiper fluid yet it was bone dry. They noted my transmission fluid was ok yet it was bone dry so all the time I'm riding around with no fluids in my car. Now my engine is blown... I called to see if they can at least redo my oil change and tell me where the leak is. The owner Gary says they are not liable for the damage to my car. Get a second opinion in which I called Mazda myself and was told that I should take it back because fluids were never filled yet checked off. So the owner did not want to take ownership for damaging my car. I'm a single mother of 6 who was working in Austin. I now have lost my job due to no transportation! I mentioned lawyer and the owner terminated the conversation and hung up in my face!

Original review: April 5, 2017

For years I have been going to Valvoline for almost every vehicle I have own. If I had to give a time frame I'd say about 17 years. Never really had I ever had a problem with the company except for about 9 years ago when I had them change my transmission fluid... NEVER AGAIN... But anyway, on this particular day store location on Dixie Hwy. in Louisville, Ky. something just wasn't right. I took my Dodge truck in for a oil change and yes I was a few miles overdue but whatever, right. Well, I don't know about anyone else but I guess over the years of repeatedly getting oil changes you become subconsciously aware of how long your oil change should take to complete. Not to mention they never once yelled "got oil pressure" you know after they've supposedly put the oil back in your vehicle. Well yea, that was never mentioned.

Oh, and you now how they yell out "bay1" and so forth... yeah none of that mess was ever mentioned. So after the fact I went home and I asked my neighbor who works on cars if he could tell if my oil had been changed. He immediately looks under the hood and says "oh, they didn't change your oil filter." So I immediately go back up to the store ask the young assistant if they could change my oil filter. He says "well we have cameras that I can rewind back to make sure that everything was done completely and correctly." I said "ok cool." Well, while I'm waiting the young man who supposedly completed my oils change is trying his best to convince me how he did change my filter.

All while another young lady is under my car underground inspecting the filter. She tells me "oh yea, I can see why he thought we didn't change the filter because it has oils all over it." She shows me another oil filter that looks old and worn and said that it was mine. Which was fine but my suspicion was still growing because the assistant hadn't come back out to show me the video. So after that the assistant come out and says "ok she changed your filter so you're good to go." And shuts my truck hood down. The young lady says, "no I didn't change her filter." The assistant then says "well we're not changing it and that's, that." So I say to the young man "well ok where is the video." He says "I don't have it and if you have a problem how I could come back tomorrow and speak to the manager." I said "no I will not because it needs to be addressed today."

The young man tells me "well I'm calling the cops." I thought over a oil filter? I said to the young man "do what you have to do." Well, while I waited I called the customer care and complained to them and they resolved the problem in no time. As I was about to leave the police showed up, the gentleman that he was and told me how he taught his daughters how to do their own oil change and we just had a good ole conversation. I apologize to the cop for the young man calling him for something so simple and how the young man just didn't want to do his job so he bailed out and call the cops to clean his mess.

Anyway, Valvoline customer care sent me down to the neighboring Valvoline to give me a full oil change and showed me the filter that was supposedly had been changed prior. They even told me how all of my fluids were not topped off also. Now isn't that something. Call it gut instinct or suspicions minded, either way I was right.

Original review: March 29, 2017 I have had my 2006 Mustang for 4 1/2 years, last October 2016 the timing chain guides literary fell apart. The previous owner was a faithful client of Jiffy lube.

Now I have had the car looked at my several shops, as soon as the maintenance records get pulled up they say "well that's your problem." The oil (Valvoline). Now I am stuck with a broken car. My question for Valvoline is what can be done to help fix this.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I went to the Valvoline in Brooklyn Park, MN to get my oil changed. While I was there, the mechanic Ty told me that I needed a new battery. I wasn't too thrilled with having to spend MORE money but figured it was better than getting stranded somewhere if my battery died. While changing the battery, something went wrong and the car would not start. They tried a new battery and still wouldn't start. I was getting nervous.

Finally the manager came to me and said they would need to keep my car there overnight and have it looked at tomorrow. This was about 6 pm or so. I was upset but the manager said he would take me to work the next day if needed which was extremely nice of him. It ended up being Ty that took me home and said he would bring me to work the next day and home after work. I lost count how many times I thanked him for his kindness. He is one of the nicest young men I have ever met. I can't say enough good things about him. Thank you SO much, Ty!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Earlier this year I took my wife's Volvo in for an oil change at our local Valvoline in Westerly RI. Upon completion I noticed the window was no longer in its track. I spoke with an attendant but they didn't seem very interested in correcting the problem. I took it to our local mechanic and $150 later it was working again. I took the vehicle back yesterday for another oil change and mentioned to the attendant about the previous problem. He said he would make sure the assistant was careful. Again when I received the car back the window was off its track again. I will in future not use them for this simple task.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I went to Valvoline in Whitehall, Oh on November 11th. My car was running just fine. This was my 2nd time going there. I never had any problems as far as leaks don't have any in my driveway besides the one after my oil change. I heard a strange ticking then I checked my oil like ok kept driving. Heard it getting a little louder so I checked it again. I put 2 quarts in just in case. My car starting making a knocking noise and then my car shuts off while I was driving. I had a mechanic check it out. He said no oil is in here. It was bone dry. I called Valvoline. They came out. Looked at it while mechanic was standing there. He put a quart of oil in which defeated purpose.

I called to speak with the manager. An employee called me a "B" because I asked for corporate's number since I was getting no answers. He gave me a wrong name (believe he still has his job). All I keep getting is a sorry! I'm out of a job now because I have no way there. Now the mechanic said he worked for several oil changing companies and he is certified they didn't mark any problems with my car on invoice but now they're trying to say I had problems before I came in to cover their butt. I saw complaints that they did this to other cars. It's Christmas. I lost my dad this day in 08, my job, my bonus and no car! I am really frustrated that they feel they don't have to fix what they broke. I could of went anywhere else. I went back to them and all I get is a "Sorry. I broke your car" and "Our employee called you a 'B'."

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I went into the North Randall store on 11/11/16 for a oil change and the tech talked me into getting my radiator flushed. Left there and my car was smoking all that day, but I was told before I left that they may have spilled antifreeze and it would burn off, the whole time I had been smelling something burning within the cabin of my Camry.

3 weeks later my car is leaking antifreeze and smoking, I call the store and spoke with the Manager and was told to return with my car. I was told that day that maybe they hadn't placed the cap back tightly on my radiator and that was why it was leaking antifreeze, so they offered to re-flush my radiator. 2 days later I went to see my mechanic and behold I have a crack at the top of my radiator, when explained by my mechanic he says they more than likely pushed down too hard on the radiator putting the cap back on and now it's cracked.

Spoke back with the manager and attempted to explain to him what I was going through only to be told that when flushing my radiator they only dealt with the hoses, but I tried to explain to him that they do and did have to remove the cap and that's basically where the crack is, only to feel like I wasn't going to get anywhere I asked for their corporate office number and filed a claim. I called and filed a claim to be told I would be contacted within 24 hours, to not be. I called again to be told that the store manager whom I already spoke to would contact me and not someone on a higher level. $500 is the total cost to replace my radiator, I want them to pay. Beyond frustrated!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsell. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time the manager suggested a cabin air filter, so that is what we did. After convincing me of the need for it, they didn't have it in stock, so they ran next door to O'Reilly's which is awesome, but unfortunately they got the wrong size, which of course they put in my car anyway.

My car eventually started running rougher so I took it to Beaman Ford, who explained the filter was the wrong size and it had sucked junk in, so 500 dollars later it's back to running well. Accidents happen and I get as a manager you can't watch each employee, so I called the customer service line and spoke to Melisa who was awesome, but referred me to a manager, (Brian, no last name given) who called back 2 days later, and explained after I sent him pics of the receipts, filter, etc. Brian reviewed with his manager Candice (who felt it should have broke down soon, if it was from the air filter, ever though the ASE certified mechanics at Beaman specifically stated it was the issue).

I've been going to Valvoline in Dickson for years, even though I should have known better, months before that I had the serpentine belt replaced which shredded the next day, but they were kind enough to replace it. Two visits before that, they went to replace my bulb for my turn signal and broke the plastic in the trunk, which honestly I probably would have to and I'm sure it was an accident, but that it was hid and not mentioned really showed the character... So the gist of it is, I learned a valuable lesson and will ensure all of my friends, their friends, and anyone else who will listen knows the quality of service I received from Valvoline in Dickson.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I visited the Valvoline oil change facility in Goffstown/Manchester NH with the intentions of getting an oil and filter change, and tire rotation. The first thing I faced was being insulted by a boy of no more than 19 years old, by telling me that my engine was knocking. I informed him that I had been a mechanic for many years, and I stated that the noise was merely a couple of lazy lifters. Supposedly, Valvoline had a coupon deal going on, for which I was informed that facility was not offering. Then I was told they had no operable lift, and their attached car wash was also out of service, nor was I there for a car wash. The two people working the bay area were both less than 20. Then a 3rd person, of unknown gender came from out of nowhere and began arguing with me and treating me as if were stupid! This person also looked under 20. None were wearing nametags and is the reason for the gender identity crisis of the 3rd person.

My opinion solely, but does their mothers know the whereabouts of their kids? Also, the people who own these places, are they too damned cheap to pay the wages of an experienced crew? I was a manager of three businesses over the years. One was a startup, which I built up. The other two were both auto repair facilities. One I built up the clients, and the 2nd was a certain dying business, I built that up to the point of needing to hire more experienced mechanics. They were paid above average wages. So, why can't Valvoline and similar facilities do the same? End result was, I immediately went to a Jiffy Lube and am very pleased and it cost less than Valvoline, with NO discount!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

My 65yr old mother went to the Red Bank TN location with a 19.99 oil change coupon. They brought her an 80$ bill. Being a Veteran's widow on a fixed budget it wasn't money she could afford... Shame on you people.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I am never going back to Valvoline ever again! I went there to get an oil change and not only did they charge $63 for an oil change but they didn't even change my filter and my car still says "maintenance required". And is making noises. I called other places and they do an oil change for $25, I am very disappointed and I'm never going back! People save your money because you'll regret going there.

Valvoline Company Information