1.24/5
Based on 164 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Valvoline

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

293 Valvoline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got a oil change today. I wanted the one on sale $19.95. The worker said he can't pull up the coupon online but if I had AAA it will be 10% discount. When it was done I was charged $37.24. I was so pissed. This is the second time I had a problem with Valvoline. Don't send me no more coupons. I am so done with Valvoline. I will not take my business there no more. BYE.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I went to Valvoline to have an oil change. The oil was leaking after the oil change. I brought this to the attention of Jonathan at Valvoline and he stated it was not leaking. He refused to look at the oil filter and see what was going on. I do not recommend the Cedar Lane in Knoxville, TN branch.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I have a 2006 Lexus IS 250. Stopped at your location 4909 Dixie Hwy around 6:30 for an oil change. The greeting wasn't good because they close at 7:00. I told the young lady that I can come back tomorrow cause I already know what kind of service I'm about to receive. They completed the Job and I don't believe they changed my filter or canister. When I got home my White Lexus had Black hand marks all over the hood and lower bumper. I really wanted to go back the next day but decided not to. I have been a long time customer but I will never go back to that Location.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I have 2 month experience in my own business then I call the Valvoline wholesaler to purchases the lubricant of company. Then they told me they cannot give me the oil of company and they still does not give me the lubricant.

Original review: May 30, 2017

NYS requires all vehicles to be inspected annually. Valvoline is a NYS Certified Inspection Station. I called and was told there was no wait time. I was there in less than 5 minutes. Then 3 customers who wanted oil changes arrived. They were taken ahead of me. I was told it is their policy to take oil changes first, inspections wait. So I said, "I could wait here all day if oil change customers keep coming?" I was told yes. Then I noticed a homemade computer printed sign that stated NYS Inspections are "Truly a service for our oil change customers" I could hardly believe my eyes. I'm sure NYS did not certify them to inspect only oil change customers. Bottom line unless you happen to need an oil change as well (by the way in my experience, they're the most expensive in Western New York for oil changes) or have an entire day to sit at Valvoline go somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: May 8, 2017

This station (Valvoline Express Care Cedar Hill) has been owned by three owners, two of which have been great regarding customer service. The third husband and wife team is the latest group who came in and started off by doing a makeover on the station with a fresh coat of paint, new TV's, etc. However the one stark difference was this couple owns several oil change stations in the DFW area and uses a surveillance app on their phones to monitor the station activities. This dynamic here is a recipe for failure compared to the other two owners more hands on approach, always greeting the customers, and owner to customer engagements. There was a notable bland feel from the staff with the staff on the first oil change, then things got remarkably worst on the second.

Last Thursday afternoon, I went in and parked my truck at the rear of the station waiting for someone to greet and inquire about my automotive needs. No staff member came out, so I went in the lounge area with no staff presence there. As I went back to my truck, a second car arrive behind mine, it was then that finally a staff member came out and made a beeline for that car, spoke to the customer, got into the car and drove the car to the front of the station while totally disregarding my presence altogether. Keeping in mind, that as I first approached a staff member was lowering a bay door who in my opinion made eye contact with truck.

I immediately was furious with the lack of attention these staff members were giving me and drove off to report the incident to the Valvoline Express Car corporate office. The owners finally contacted me about the incident and offered a free oil change as an apology. As a long term customer, the whole incident greatly soured my outlook on this oil change station and its owners. It goes to show with all the competition out there how quick a customer can jump ship and move on.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I have gone to Valvoline for years!?! This time they charged me 84.38?!?! They did not do the basics! Check my tires, wipers, signals & my brakes!!! I was not told that there was going to be a charge of 15.00 for extra oil. I had them do an oil flush. I was quoted 24.99 then charged 29.99. I feel, as though, I do not owe this entire bill. They have hired some type of company that is harassing me to pay the entire bill. I want some type of credit. That is all. I will not be going back there ever again!!!!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Never again, talking about excellent customer service so my boyfriend recommended Valvoline for an oil change... we go take my 2007 Mazda CX-7 to Valvoline on Twin Creek Drive, Killeen Texas, we get a high mileage oil change. The guy Charles and Adam complete the oil change, print off a receipt and sends us on our way! Approximately 2 weeks later I go out of town. Come home my oil light flashed. I parked the car. The next morning I go to take my 6 children to school the car is making a extremely loud noise sounding like a tractor so I let my kids walk to school and called Valvoline.

After locating my receipt they noted on the receipt a oil leak was detected yet never once mentioned it to me. It was also noted they added wiper fluid yet it was bone dry. They noted my transmission fluid was ok yet it was bone dry so all the time I'm riding around with no fluids in my car. Now my engine is blown... I called to see if they can at least redo my oil change and tell me where the leak is. The owner Gary says they are not liable for the damage to my car. Get a second opinion in which I called Mazda myself and was told that I should take it back because fluids were never filled yet checked off. So the owner did not want to take ownership for damaging my car. I'm a single mother of 6 who was working in Austin. I now have lost my job due to no transportation! I mentioned lawyer and the owner terminated the conversation and hung up in my face!

Original review: April 5, 2017

For years I have been going to Valvoline for almost every vehicle I have own. If I had to give a time frame I'd say about 17 years. Never really had I ever had a problem with the company except for about 9 years ago when I had them change my transmission fluid... NEVER AGAIN... But anyway, on this particular day store location on Dixie Hwy. in Louisville, Ky. something just wasn't right. I took my Dodge truck in for a oil change and yes I was a few miles overdue but whatever, right. Well, I don't know about anyone else but I guess over the years of repeatedly getting oil changes you become subconsciously aware of how long your oil change should take to complete. Not to mention they never once yelled "got oil pressure" you know after they've supposedly put the oil back in your vehicle. Well yea, that was never mentioned.

Oh, and you now how they yell out "bay1" and so forth... yeah none of that mess was ever mentioned. So after the fact I went home and I asked my neighbor who works on cars if he could tell if my oil had been changed. He immediately looks under the hood and says "oh, they didn't change your oil filter." So I immediately go back up to the store ask the young assistant if they could change my oil filter. He says "well we have cameras that I can rewind back to make sure that everything was done completely and correctly." I said "ok cool." Well, while I'm waiting the young man who supposedly completed my oils change is trying his best to convince me how he did change my filter.

All while another young lady is under my car underground inspecting the filter. She tells me "oh yea, I can see why he thought we didn't change the filter because it has oils all over it." She shows me another oil filter that looks old and worn and said that it was mine. Which was fine but my suspicion was still growing because the assistant hadn't come back out to show me the video. So after that the assistant come out and says "ok she changed your filter so you're good to go." And shuts my truck hood down. The young lady says, "no I didn't change her filter." The assistant then says "well we're not changing it and that's, that." So I say to the young man "well ok where is the video." He says "I don't have it and if you have a problem how I could come back tomorrow and speak to the manager." I said "no I will not because it needs to be addressed today."

The young man tells me "well I'm calling the cops." I thought over a oil filter? I said to the young man "do what you have to do." Well, while I waited I called the customer care and complained to them and they resolved the problem in no time. As I was about to leave the police showed up, the gentleman that he was and told me how he taught his daughters how to do their own oil change and we just had a good ole conversation. I apologize to the cop for the young man calling him for something so simple and how the young man just didn't want to do his job so he bailed out and call the cops to clean his mess.

Anyway, Valvoline customer care sent me down to the neighboring Valvoline to give me a full oil change and showed me the filter that was supposedly had been changed prior. They even told me how all of my fluids were not topped off also. Now isn't that something. Call it gut instinct or suspicions minded, either way I was right.

Original review: March 29, 2017
    I have had my 2006 Mustang for 4 1/2 years, last October 2016 the timing chain guides literary fell apart. The previous owner was a faithful client of Jiffy lube.

Now I have had the car looked at my several shops, as soon as the maintenance records get pulled up they say "well that's your problem." The oil (Valvoline). Now I am stuck with a broken car. My question for Valvoline is what can be done to help fix this.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I went to the Valvoline in Brooklyn Park, MN to get my oil changed. While I was there, the mechanic Ty told me that I needed a new battery. I wasn't too thrilled with having to spend MORE money but figured it was better than getting stranded somewhere if my battery died. While changing the battery, something went wrong and the car would not start. They tried a new battery and still wouldn't start. I was getting nervous.

Finally the manager came to me and said they would need to keep my car there overnight and have it looked at tomorrow. This was about 6 pm or so. I was upset but the manager said he would take me to work the next day if needed which was extremely nice of him. It ended up being Ty that took me home and said he would bring me to work the next day and home after work. I lost count how many times I thanked him for his kindness. He is one of the nicest young men I have ever met. I can't say enough good things about him. Thank you SO much, Ty!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Earlier this year I took my wife's Volvo in for an oil change at our local Valvoline in Westerly RI. Upon completion I noticed the window was no longer in its track. I spoke with an attendant but they didn't seem very interested in correcting the problem. I took it to our local mechanic and $150 later it was working again. I took the vehicle back yesterday for another oil change and mentioned to the attendant about the previous problem. He said he would make sure the assistant was careful. Again when I received the car back the window was off its track again. I will in future not use them for this simple task.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I went to Valvoline in Whitehall, Oh on November 11th. My car was running just fine. This was my 2nd time going there. I never had any problems as far as leaks don't have any in my driveway besides the one after my oil change. I heard a strange ticking then I checked my oil like ok kept driving. Heard it getting a little louder so I checked it again. I put 2 quarts in just in case. My car starting making a knocking noise and then my car shuts off while I was driving. I had a mechanic check it out. He said no oil is in here. It was bone dry. I called Valvoline. They came out. Looked at it while mechanic was standing there. He put a quart of oil in which defeated purpose.

I called to speak with the manager. An employee called me a "B" because I asked for corporate's number since I was getting no answers. He gave me a wrong name (believe he still has his job). All I keep getting is a sorry! I'm out of a job now because I have no way there. Now the mechanic said he worked for several oil changing companies and he is certified they didn't mark any problems with my car on invoice but now they're trying to say I had problems before I came in to cover their butt. I saw complaints that they did this to other cars. It's Christmas. I lost my dad this day in 08, my job, my bonus and no car! I am really frustrated that they feel they don't have to fix what they broke. I could of went anywhere else. I went back to them and all I get is a "Sorry. I broke your car" and "Our employee called you a 'B'."

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I went into the North Randall store on 11/11/16 for a oil change and the tech talked me into getting my radiator flushed. Left there and my car was smoking all that day, but I was told before I left that they may have spilled antifreeze and it would burn off, the whole time I had been smelling something burning within the cabin of my Camry.

3 weeks later my car is leaking antifreeze and smoking, I call the store and spoke with the Manager and was told to return with my car. I was told that day that maybe they hadn't placed the cap back tightly on my radiator and that was why it was leaking antifreeze, so they offered to re-flush my radiator. 2 days later I went to see my mechanic and behold I have a crack at the top of my radiator, when explained by my mechanic he says they more than likely pushed down too hard on the radiator putting the cap back on and now it's cracked.

Spoke back with the manager and attempted to explain to him what I was going through only to be told that when flushing my radiator they only dealt with the hoses, but I tried to explain to him that they do and did have to remove the cap and that's basically where the crack is, only to feel like I wasn't going to get anywhere I asked for their corporate office number and filed a claim. I called and filed a claim to be told I would be contacted within 24 hours, to not be. I called again to be told that the store manager whom I already spoke to would contact me and not someone on a higher level. $500 is the total cost to replace my radiator, I want them to pay. Beyond frustrated!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsell. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time the manager suggested a cabin air filter, so that is what we did. After convincing me of the need for it, they didn't have it in stock, so they ran next door to O'Reilly's which is awesome, but unfortunately they got the wrong size, which of course they put in my car anyway.

My car eventually started running rougher so I took it to Beaman Ford, who explained the filter was the wrong size and it had sucked junk in, so 500 dollars later it's back to running well. Accidents happen and I get as a manager you can't watch each employee, so I called the customer service line and spoke to Melisa who was awesome, but referred me to a manager, (Brian, no last name given) who called back 2 days later, and explained after I sent him pics of the receipts, filter, etc. Brian reviewed with his manager Candice (who felt it should have broke down soon, if it was from the air filter, ever though the ASE certified mechanics at Beaman specifically stated it was the issue).

I've been going to Valvoline in Dickson for years, even though I should have known better, months before that I had the serpentine belt replaced which shredded the next day, but they were kind enough to replace it. Two visits before that, they went to replace my bulb for my turn signal and broke the plastic in the trunk, which honestly I probably would have to and I'm sure it was an accident, but that it was hid and not mentioned really showed the character... So the gist of it is, I learned a valuable lesson and will ensure all of my friends, their friends, and anyone else who will listen knows the quality of service I received from Valvoline in Dickson.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I visited the Valvoline oil change facility in Goffstown/Manchester NH with the intentions of getting an oil and filter change, and tire rotation. The first thing I faced was being insulted by a boy of no more than 19 years old, by telling me that my engine was knocking. I informed him that I had been a mechanic for many years, and I stated that the noise was merely a couple of lazy lifters. Supposedly, Valvoline had a coupon deal going on, for which I was informed that facility was not offering. Then I was told they had no operable lift, and their attached car wash was also out of service, nor was I there for a car wash. The two people working the bay area were both less than 20. Then a 3rd person, of unknown gender came from out of nowhere and began arguing with me and treating me as if were stupid! This person also looked under 20. None were wearing nametags and is the reason for the gender identity crisis of the 3rd person.

My opinion solely, but does their mothers know the whereabouts of their kids? Also, the people who own these places, are they too damned cheap to pay the wages of an experienced crew? I was a manager of three businesses over the years. One was a startup, which I built up. The other two were both auto repair facilities. One I built up the clients, and the 2nd was a certain dying business, I built that up to the point of needing to hire more experienced mechanics. They were paid above average wages. So, why can't Valvoline and similar facilities do the same? End result was, I immediately went to a Jiffy Lube and am very pleased and it cost less than Valvoline, with NO discount!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

My 65yr old mother went to the Red Bank TN location with a 19.99 oil change coupon. They brought her an 80$ bill. Being a Veteran's widow on a fixed budget it wasn't money she could afford... Shame on you people.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I am never going back to Valvoline ever again! I went there to get an oil change and not only did they charge $63 for an oil change but they didn't even change my filter and my car still says "maintenance required". And is making noises. I called other places and they do an oil change for $25, I am very disappointed and I'm never going back! People save your money because you'll regret going there.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I went to Valvoline in Great Neck, New York for a standard oil change. Everything seemed fine until a couple months later, my jeep would randomly slow down while on the road and decelerate. No matter how much I pushed down the gas, the jeep would not speed up. I thought it was a one-time thing until a little later, my engine light came on. I made an appointment with my jeep dealership and found out that the idiot who did the oil change, tightened it so much that the housing cracked, causing the oil to leak and damage the vehicle. Now I'm going to be out of pocket over $500 to do a repair because of damage caused by Valvoline. You can be rest assured I will be taking them to court for reimbursement for the damages they caused.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I just recently left Valvoline. I loved the job but the reason I left was the customers. 9 out of 10 were jerks. Manufacturers determine what oil goes in each vehicle NOT THE EMPLOYEE GETTING PAID $9.00 /HOUR to speak to your grouchy self. I made no money for selling anything. There was no hidden agenda. We didn't get extra bonus money because you put an air filter in especially when your car is 17 yrs old and you use conventional OIL THEN DRIVE 16,000 MILES on a 3000-mile oil change and can't understand why there is no oil in your car. You are rude even though my relative was murdered last week and her body hasn't been found.

You don't see me treating you with ugly words and a condescending attitude. You come in with your $19.99 coupons (which you hide because you know you are pretty much stealing from VIOC) and we haven't seen you in a year and when I try to explain that you have no oil in your car you are pissed with ME. Like I drove by your house the night before and syphoned all your oil out! I read pages and pages of these posts here. Yes many of you were treated unfairly and some of your complaints are legitimate but a lot of them are unfounded and caused by your neglect.

Listen, if you buy a Lexus, why would you pay ALL that money for a vehicle and then put the cheapest oil in it yet expect it to last you for 7500 miles? Honestly, you people are unbelievable! Think of it like this - if you needed a blood transfusion would you tell your doctor to put the basic blood in your body or the blood that will make you feel the best? After this job, I have zero faith in people!!! 9 out of 10 are rude jerks who refuse to even engage in a simple conversation. They jump on their phones to avoid human contact. My job required me had to explain oil to you, I had to educate you on what Toyota recommends for your vehicle, I had to make sure every step was taken so your car didn't lose oil and your engine lock up. They paid me to take care of you but you treated me like I was dirt. I am educated, a masters degree in education actually, but you looked down your noses at me.

Pulled out your cheap coupon at the last second because you thought you were pulling one over on me. People would come in who were humble, who desperately needed those wiper blades that you all whine about on this site. Those humble individuals got a discount without asking because they didn't treat me as sub-human. Karma is something else my friends. You idiots who treat others like dirt are the ones who get an oil leak. The idiots whose vehicle REQUIRE full synthetic and you only put conventional oil in it then tell me you are selling the car (and I ask if you want me to print out your history of service and you say 'no'...Lol. I wouldn't want it to show the next owner EITHER!).

Again, some people on here posted legitimate issues. But having dealt with your nasty, rude, obnoxious, condescending attitudes for three years you all suck! One more thing - those ignorant skid plates you whine and moan about are mostly held on my plastic clips that cost like an eighth of a cent so when you run over something and it rips off, it isn't because Valvoline didn't put it back on correctly. It is because they are pointless and whoever manufactured your vehicle thought it was a good idea but didn't invest money into holding it in place. So after you remove it twice a year for that oil change (which should be done four times a year you cheap pieces of dirt!) the clips break. So from a person that waited on you for years I want to say I wish you would walk a mile in my Valvoline shoes and see yourself from my world. I couldn't stay in a job I love because you insisted on being a Jack ** instead of human. Again, karma is a **.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

My first complaint is that not once, but TWICE when I went for an oil change, I was told my oil cap was missing. Same location TWICE?? REALLY!!! I went yesterday (NEVER AGAIN!) and was charged $70.50 for 5 quarts of synthetic oil and an oil filter. When I got home, I called two local automotive centers, and was told never to utilize Valvoline Oil Centers. Both businesses quoted me HALF the price for the exact same services. Please, people! Save your hard earned money, and go elsewhere!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Went to have transmission filter and fluid changed and was told they don't really change filter but do what's called a flush. So I agreed to the flush which took no more than 30 minutes. I got out of the car to go to restroom and come back, I noticed the employee wiping my windshield off, I just thought that is what they do while waiting on the machine to flush the transmission. I kept smelling trans fluid all the way home so when I got home I thought I would check the level of the trans fluid. Opened hood and there was transmission fluid everywhere. The heat shield on the underside of hood was soaked to the point of dripping. Every crook and cranny on engine and transmission had a puddle of fluid in it.

I used a whole roll of good paper towels trying to soak up all the fluid and finally gave up. I know there is still puddles of the stuff in places I can't reach or see. I'm surprised my car didn't catch fire or still does in the future. It's even running down the front of my headlights. I don't know whether I should try and dilute it with the garden hose or not. What really pisses me off, no one said a word, my car could have caught fire, still might and caused the death of me and others.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I can not believe there are out people like them control our safety! Honda civic 2014. Get oil change. The minute I left the store it did start making big noise (Nicholasville RD, Lexington, KY). Took it back. They there is nothing wrong with it, it just need to be drivable little bit. I drive my car everyday for about 8 hours. It's part of my job, get super hot, vibrate. I open the engine tank and I found there was not enough oil! I took to another mechanic said "this is not the right oil for this car", took to another one and he said the same thing. Took it again to Valvoline. Same people asked them to do something or give me my money back. Said "No! WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING AND WE CAN'T REFUND YOU!" Had to take it to the dealer and now I am going to the court. Good luck Valvoline.

Original review: July 11, 2016

I take immaculate care of my car so I was beyond furious when Valvoline would not take ownership in the destruction of my vehicle. First I simply came there for an oil change but then was pressured and "up sold" on a transmission flush. Since I was between dealer appointments and needed to go out of town I accepted just to be on the safe side. Needless to say, after about 2 hours on the highway, my transmission overheated and burned up leaving me stranded on the side of the highway. The cost of the tow, rental and the business meeting I missed was irreparable. Not to mention now that I have to put a "rebuilt" transmission back in my car then I've lost $ on the trade-in value. A completely no-account situation, and consumers deserve better. I'm definitely taking legal action!!

Original review: July 7, 2016

I just had a bad experience with Valvoline in La Grange Louisville. I brought my Subaru 2008 to change my oil and I was told my driver tail light was not working. While in the car I can hear and feel how the mechanic was having trouble opening the light to replace the bulb and guess what the guy cracked my tail light, did not even put the screws back and when I went back there with the broken light they told me my light was already damaged when I came and they checked them but cannot see what happened to my light.

Original review: June 16, 2016

At Valvoline USA on May 18th I decided to go to your location on West Boylston Street in Worcester, MA for an Oil Change, something I have routinely done for the last 8 years. A few days later my Air Conditioner stopped working. I revisited the location and was offered a $150 A/C service which I did not have time to do anyways. After a busy couple days with work and other obligations my charging system light went on.

I took it to the mechanic the next day and after some diagnostic tests, they had to replace the alternator. It was discovered that it was absolutely soaked in oil due to a botched oil change. I contacted your customer service, sent pictures and invoices, and was told I would talk to a regional manager the next morning. The site manager called me and dismissively told me Valvoline did nothing wrong and that Nissan Muranos are known for bad alternators and 'I can google recall information on alternators if I liked.' My car has 60K miles on it so my googling actually uncovered that my alternator should last 100-150K miles.

After examining the A/C compressor and how it would not power on, it was also noticeably covered with oil along with the A/C clutch. I went back and forth with your Customer Service Department for the last week, as well as being told multiple times regional managers would contact me, only to be passed off and have to continually chase people down. I met with two Valvoline individuals this morning with my mechanic and was told I would be called later on by 2pm with a resolution but was never called. I then had to be the one reaching out to you once again.

I was then told that you concluded that although everything is covered in oil connected to that May 18th service, you ARE NOT responsible for all the damages and problems that have ensued. It was then generously suggested to me to google Murano problems with oil leaks and when I google, I can't help but find more issues with Valvoline than I can with vehicle. All I was seeking was compensatory damages for the mistakes they made. Their negligence in handling the matter as well as complete disregard for their responsibility of the observed facts is unimaginable.

Original review: June 5, 2016

I did not have a good experience at Valvoline (located just east to Noland & 40 Hwy, Independence, MO). I went in for a routine oil change for my car. No big deal. Right? Well, $200 and 4 days later it was a big deal. After changing my oil they started up the car and it started raining oil, (like a waterfall) from my car. Their tech stated that there was a problem in a part that they could not fix and because the oil was leaking so much I couldn’t drive the car to a repair shop. So I called CarMax where I brought the car 6 years ago and had the car towed to them. CarMax stated that they “Found a leak coming from the oil filter adapter housing, which was loose. The housing also had an old filter seal stuck to the Housing. The seal was left on from previous repairs and the Housing was loose”.

Now I don’t know if Valvoline is capable of tighten the housing, but if there were 2 seals, and Valvoline was the last place to touch the oil filter it would seem to me that they should have seen the seal when changing the oil and should have taken the old seal off before putting on the new filter. I believe the WHOLE problem could have been avoided if Valvoline noticed the extra seal, removed the seal, replaced the new filter and sent me on my way. If there was a leak, in time I would have noticed the problem and had the needed repairs done.

The tow service and extra oil change should not have been necessary, if Valvoline had done the service correctly. Valvoline has agreed to reimburse me the charge for the oil change they performed, but they will not accept responsibility for the 2 seals or tow charge. The leak started with Valvoline, they should reimburse me for the unnecessary expenses that I incurred as a result.

Original review: June 4, 2016

My boyfriend recently got his oil changed at the Valvoline on Dolsen Ave. in Middletown, NY. After driving 2.5 miles down the road, his motor blew up. We called Valvoline corporate office and started a claim and the technicians from Middletown came out to look at the car the next day. They took pictures of the car and encouraged us to have the motor looked at by a full service garage. We took it to First Class in Middletown, NY and the report came back stating the motor blew up because it did not have enough oil in the car.

After giving this report to Valvoline, we were informed that Valvoline is not taking any responsibility. I am absolutely outraged by this lack of responsibility for the company's action, as well as the lack of respect this company has for their customers. As of now, we are in the process of taking this company to court. I am disgusted by this situation and I wanted to share my story so potential customers can be aware of the type of company they are deciding to use for an oil change.

Original review: May 19, 2016

My employee went into Valvoline in Mamaroneck NY for an oil change on 5/18/2016. He requested an oil change $39.99. When he was checking out the bill was $58.99. I made a phone call to this store and complained about the up charge and I was told that the vehicle requires a better oil according to the manufacturer (Not True). I checked the owners manual and it requires conventional oil. Second problem with Valvoline in Port Chester NY - my driver went in for an oil change with a 3-month-old car and was harassed 3 times that he needed new blades. I checked the blades. They do not streak or torn.

Original review: May 12, 2016

It was so bad. I have gone there a couple times to give it a change and both times was so bad. The people that work there was so rude and it took like 45 mins. Didn't seem like they were trained right or something. It needs to be closed! Done!!!

Valvoline Company Information