Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Valvoline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: April 12, 2021

Careless. Terrible. The MOST RUDEST and disgusting customer service I have ever experienced!!!! I have never had such a poor encounter at an establishment in my life like Valvoline. They damaged my car and took no responsibility for it! Did not even take the time to fix the problem or give a refund. The regional manager Ron **... also a bone head imbecile, very disrespectful with a Rotten attitude just like the raggedy employees at the Middletown De location. The employees And corporate are all in cahoots. Techs are sloppy and did a half ** job. They are LIARS and should be ashamed of their godawful business practices. The absolute Worst!!!

Original review: March 4, 2021

Valvoline caused $300 of damage to my car, promised me that they would pay for the damages and then refused to pay or speak to me again.

On February 20, I went to Valvoline for an oil change and fuel system cleaning. The oil change took the usual amount of time, but when it came time for the cleaning, the technician and store manager Keary had such a difficult time with the equipment that she continued to work on her car 30 minutes past her shift. At this point, 45 mins into a processed that I was told would be 15 min max, a man takes over for Keary.

He struggles with the equipment for another 30 or so minutes, stating that the equipment was on its last leg and that we were the last car they could use it on. He explicitly said that once all of the blue liquid moves through the tube and into the car, the process would be done. He took the equipment off when there was still blue liquid in the tube. He sent me off, and my car immediately had issues accelerating and my check engine light turned on.

I took the car back to Valvoline where Keary cleared by check engine light and told me that will solve all the issues, sending me back on the road in my dangerous car. At this point, she also refunded me for the cleaning service, but not the oil change, despite the fact that I had to return to her location for a second time. My engine light came back on immediately - now not accelerating over 15 mph, I took my car to another shop. There, they let me know that Valvoline flooded my engine and caused a misfire, so they replaced my spark plugs and my ignition coils, totaling to $300.

At this point, I started the battle with Valvoline. After leaving the shop, I called customer service again, explaining the damage they did to my car. That representative told me that they will give me a full refund as well as the $300 in damages that they did, they just needed to call me back with Keary, the store manager. When Keary called back, she treated me as subhuman and told me there was no possible way she would approve my request, when the corporate team said they would just a day earlier.

I have continuously been calling corporate explaining that because of the damage they did to my car, my car couldn't be driven for days. Not only did I miss vital work shifts (I make so little, I am on unemployment, so these shifts were everything I had), I missed doctors appointments. A have a hole in my stomach that is currently requiring intense treatment, and I couldn't make it to the doctor in over a week. I had to reschedule all appointments to weeks from now, meaning I must continue to suffer because of the lack of care at Valvoline. On top of that, I did make the small amount of income I was supposed to this month, so I can't even afford my medical care now. I can't even afford food now.

On top of that, I had to have my partner rent a car, as I'm too young, which was another $300 plus $300 security. In total, I spent $164.95, $300.43 and $658.22 - $1,123.6. While we will receive the $164.95 back, the lack of care at Valvoline is directly responsible for the $958.65 that I lost. When I explained this situation every time, the customer service reps are sympathetic and say they've marked the claim as urgent for the area manager, the only person who can approve my refund.

After calling for 4 days and being told, each day, that the matter was market as urgent, today I was told that the area manager Laith Hejazi denied the claim and explicitly marked that he will not speak with me, even though he never spoke to me from the start. It's been 12 days and over 30 phone calls. I am at total loss. I have no money left for food, and I can't get the dire medical help I need. My check engine light is still on, as the service place said there was more in damages but I just can't pay even more money right now. I have been treated as subhuman over and over again and forced to explain my personal plight to complete strangers.

Do not trust these people.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have been using Valvoline instant oil change service for about 2 years. Recently I had the same problem with loose oil plugs on both my van and car. The guy asked me if anyone has worked on my car since my last oil change because the oil plug was loose. I said no and was charged for a new oil plug on both vehicles. My biggest complaint is I purchased a 2000 Lexus RX300. I didn't know at the time my car is supposed to take synthetic oil only. I had asked what oil my car should have in it and was told conventional oil. I'm beyond pissed off about this. Now I have to go somewhere else and get my oil changed again a week later after I just paid for a oil change. They could of ruined my engine doing this. Luckily I drive my van way more than my car so hopefully it didn't hurt my motor.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

We called to make sure if driving 30 miles we could get a car inspection, I was told yes if we get there by 6:00 pm. We got there at 4:15 and they told us they wouldn't do it after calling 30 minutes earlier. The manager said they were too backed up. Only one car was in the parking lot. I was told I talked to Kentucky and they don't know what's going on. No phone calls get to them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Yea so for what it's worth I had an interesting experience at the Valvoline on Rt. 9 in Wappingers/Fishkill NY area. With all the precautions with Covid 19 I found it odd that when the service attendant took the Truck in front of me he used a fresh clean plastic seat cover. But, when the attendant took my vehicle the plastic he used was worn, used and tattered. I don't like to use the race card but because I was the only ** who was present at that time in the shop. It does make me wonder and with situations like that I'm glad I took the "Vaccine."

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I received a transmission flush this past June, and ended up having some transmission trouble and I took my car in (October, 4k miles later). The real mechanic found I was 4 qts low on transmission fluid. I told them that's strange. I got my transmission flushed recently. They checked for a leak and found the drain plug was damaged and that is where I was losing fluid. I contacted Valvoline to pay for the repair of my plug. Maybe they were worried I’d blame them for transmission troubles, maybe they are just not honest people. I just wanted them to cover the repair of something only they could have damaged, and it was less money than I’ve spent there. It used to be Lubbers’s which is why I continued to go there. The manager now of the location refused to acknowledge their destruction or pay for the repair. It was not a good experience, I’d say there are plenty of other places to take your business. Save yourself a headache.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

My brother brought in his car for a transmission service. Long story short they didnt do it and denied a refund. Then they made internet replies with fake case numbers to address an issue they've already decided on just to appear publicly as if they were addressing the issue. I had pictorial and video evidence of their neglect, but still got denied a just outcome. An independent mechanic and shop owner verified the failed service after I brought the vehicle to him to install an external trans cooler and to exchange the Valvoline fluid for Amsoil instead.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I called the day before my visit to ask what the cost for a synthetic oil change would be. They took the year, make, model, motor and mileage of my car and told me that it would be $42. I specifically asked if that was the TOTAL price, and not the price before fees. I was told it was. I arrived the next morning pulled up, and they started working right away.

One of the workers comes up to me and says, "Okay, for the full synthetic oil change, that's going to be $89.99 before tax" and I was a little shocked and told him, "I called here yesterday and asked and I was told it would be $42, what you are telling me now is more than DOUBLE that." The gentlemen seemed to have experience with this and said, "You must have asked the price for partial synthetic" and I told him "No, I absolutely did not, I just said synthetic" and the guy tells me "$42 is the price of our PARTIAL synthetic, if you didn't specify partial or full then we assume you mean partial. I can offer you a coupon for 25 dollars off today, but in the future make sure you specify". Needless to say, I was not happy at all. I left and plan to never return. Biggest scam in the world.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

This was at Old Milton Pkwy in GA.

1. I was sure which oil change I purchased the previous time. I was told she could not see the previous oil change (to help me determine synthetic or blend), I received at a different location but she could see all other services.

2. My tire light came on when I left after air was put in my tires. When I returned the guy asked the guy who added air if he measured the tires beforehand, he stated no but mentioned my tires were dry rotted in hopes I hadn't heard him. The other guy then turned to me and said my sensor was not working properly. They sent me on my way with 3 children in the back seat. I could have hurt us or someone else.

Because of the late hour I could not check it out...The very next day it was confirmed and I replaced all the tires. This is horrible!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Loved the idea of a drive in wait in your car oil change! Great concept but you need to used trained personnel. I just decided to change my own oil this time and had to use a breaker bar on my wrench to get the drain plug out. These are suppose to be torqued in to specifications not tighter better. Now I had a hard time getting the oil filter off. Over tightened! The gasket came off the filter and stayed on the engine contact point. I took it off and looked at it and I have never seen an oil filter o-ring mushroomed like this ever! I said Wow never going there again!

Valvoline Company Information