Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.57/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

342 Valvoline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2019

I was yesterday, May 11.2019 at Valvoline 9014 National blvd for oil change and the employees seems good but when they start to selling some service like replacing battery, I felt they trying to rip me off because my battery is still good for 2 YEARS!! They gave me small paper showing the battery is almost gonna be dead!!! I took my car the same day to double check in Auto Part store and to the Toyota dealership and both check and confirm for free that my battery is still good for 2 YEARS at least!!!! Also this Valvoline place trying to rip me off for replacing ONE rear brake bulb for 57 DOLLARS!!!! 2 bulbs in any auto part store cost around 7 dollars or less!!!! I was highly disappointed and wonder how many customers they deceived for same practice and more. This is unprofessional behave and dishonest attitude that will catch up with them and they will lose big time everything! I advise anyone never go to this place again.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I brought my 2008 Range Rover full sized HSE Supercharged into a Valvoline for a simple oil change, now it's sitting at the Range Rover dealership. I had it towed to pending an inspection. Immediately after getting my oil changed I noticed it shifted a little funny, but I didn't put two and two together because I've only been driving this car for a week (and I hadn't driven much in that week), I thought maybe this was a pre-existing problem, because again I just got the car and how hard is it to do a proper oil change when that is the main thing your business does!? So giving them the benefit of the doubt I didn't think immediately this must be from my oil change, I should've.

This was on a Tuesday after work so I drove the 1.7 miles home and parked it for the night. Wednesday I drove the 1.3 miles to work and the 1.3 miles back home so it wasn't until Thursday when I did a ton of driving that I really noticed the shifting was really off and it started to have a loss of power so I'm getting nervous about this car I just got. I call a friend that used to work at as a German mechanic to come look at it. He agrees to come to my work and check it out the next day Friday. So I get home park it for the night and forget about it.

The next day my friend come out to look at it and asks why there is oil ALL OVER the bottom of the car (which I can say for a fact was not there prior to the oil change because just a week and a half ago I thoroughly checked this car out even crawled underneath of it before agreeing to take it). I tell him I just got an oil chang. We pull the dipstick to check the level. Now I'm expecting to see the oil low because it's leaking out of the car. No. Even after soaking the underneath of my car in oil, burning off I don't know how much with the 48 miles in driving since my oil change, and leaking who knows how much from Tuesday to Friday, the oil level is still overfilled!

At that moment is when I put two and two together and realize all of my issues started right after my oil change. I immediately tell my friend to close the hood and not lay another finger on it. I call Valvoline to let them know they obviously overfilled the crap out of my car and the engine has been acting up as a result. They have the manager come out to me, because I absolutely refuse to drive this thing now that I know the motor is completely overfilled with oil. He comes out, checks the dipstick and tells me it's not "that overfilled" while also stating "the oil level is good". Then he tells me he's going to have it towed down to another chain mechanic (so in my head I'm thinking, "Why are you going to tow it if, as he says, the oil level is good, humm, that's odd.") so I tell him no, I don't want him taking my car anywhere. They're the ones that broke it and he's already begun the process of denying that it's overfilled.

"Well we can take it back to his Valvoline store," he suggested "so he can get underneath and look at it". You don't need to be under it to see there is way too much oil in it. I have 3 men (1 a mechanic) and myself looking at my dipstick, every single one of us can see clear as day there is too much oil on it. But the manager from the Valvoline store that overfilled it is either blind or lying as he says he doesn't see the same thing that 4 other people are seeing. I again tell him, "No," there is no way I'm letting him take my car anywhere (he may be, but I'm not dumb - no way am I letting him take my car so he can let oil out of it and pretend it was never overfilled by them).

I tell him I want it towed to a certified Land Rover mechanic, so a knowledgeable third party with no interest in the outcome of the inspection can tell me if my car has too much oil in it (which it obviously does) and if the issues that are happening are due to it being overfilled (paid for by them), at that point he tells me to just let them know where I decide to take it and just leaves - no discussion of how this tow/inspection is being paid for. - I call Range Rover, but don't get ahold of them and at this point they'll be closed by the time I get the car there so I left it sitting at work and got a ride home from a friend.

Saturday morning I call Valvoline to figure out the payment situation. They'll reimburse me later for it IF it can be proven every single problem with my car is due to the oil change aka he's still looking for ways out of making the situation right and continuing to deny what is obvious. Fine, whatever, I paid for a $100 tow. I'm paying $200 at least for an inspection and after reading the horror stories from other Valvoline customers I'm seeing that it's next to impossible to get this company to admit to or pay for any of their wrongdoings. So I'm looking to start a class action lawsuit against them as I see this is an extremely common issue. Total loss vehicles all at the hands of one company that refuses to make it right for anyone. It's wrong, they need to be accountable.

Right now I have $120 for an oil change, $100 for a tow, & $200 for an inspection that they owe me so $420, plus in the near future I'm seeing another $100 for a tow back, $7000 for my motor - which does not include labor costs. So we'll just call it $10k which is being generous and of course yet another $100 tow back when a motor can be put in, so Valvoline owes me $10,620.00 in the foreseeable future. This company is despicable.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My car manual indicates 5W20 oil. Without my authorization 0W20 was used. After a week of leaking in my driveway I went to a mechanic. I was told another oil was used. I went to my receipt and saw that was true! Got 5W20 and someone to knows how to tighten a bolt. No leaks! The right oil! That was my first and last time visiting Valvoline in Swampscott, MA!

Original review: April 28, 2019

Called the service center to get a price to have the fuel filter replaced in my Duramax. Was clearly told that the price would be 59.95 for that exact vehicle. Went to the location 2 hours later to have the filter replaced and was told the actual price was 99.95. Had to pay the extra amount but got screwed because the service center lied about the price, the store employee offered no resolve, other than to state the "he has been having trouble with the call center doing that!" Got screwed, hope. You don't!!!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I come to Valvoline whenever I need an oil change because it is quick and convenient. The service is always excellent and they seem very reputable. They always recommend additional services, but it is all based on your vehicles owner manual (they have an electronic database full of manufacturer recommendations). They never recommend stuff that doesn't need to be done, and they are not pushy at all if you decline service. My one and only complaint is that they seem a little bit pricier, but you do pay for convenience. Overall I've been very satisfied with Valvoline. This review is based on their location in Orange County CA, perhaps in other areas the quality may vary.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: April 21, 2019

I got an oil change from the Valvoline in Lindbergh in Florissant Mo. Ever since then, my check engine lights keep coming on. Did NOT have this problem before this oil change. Now it says I have an EVAP leak and trans. malfunction. Once again, did NOT have either of these problems before that day. Would like to know who to contact about getting my car fixed, because these check engine problems are NOT on me.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Valvoline advertise fast and affordable service. When I went for a simple only oil change I was charged over $100. When I asked why it’s so expensive they said because my vehicle takes almost 6qts. A couple weeks after my car was signaling low oil I didn’t think anything of it so I top it off myself. Valvoline recommends an oil change every 3 months. When I go again they try to tell me I’m due for all types of replacements and flushing. So I agreed to a coolant flushing. This time my bill is over $300. About a week after my car was signaling low coolant after several refill myself daily then shortly afterwards the check engine light came on.

I took to a mechanic. I had to replace my reservoir tank because Valvoline broke it and was causing my coolant leak. And I don’t know what else they did but my oil was leaking from the last oil change I had at Valvoline. After several car repair and time and money spent trying to solve the damages done to my vehicle after Valvoline. My car is no longer drivable because of young inexperienced employees at Valvoline. I recommend anyone do not go to Valvoline because of their name or large change. You’re better off trusting a local mechanic who’s much more reliable and honest with years of experience.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a car on 2/26/19 so I take my car to Valvoline on South Kingshighway to get an oil change and safety/emissions. So once they were done I noticed that something was knocking. So by the 28th of Feb it was knocking hard so on 3/5/19 I take my car to Don Brown and he stated that the oil was leaking and it was milky and stated that I needed a motor. The car drove fine before I took my car to Valvoline. I test drove the car the day before and it drove fine. I then drove it from St. Charles Mo. with no problems. Now Valvoline don't want to honor their mess up.

Original review: March 20, 2019

STAY AWAY from Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Absolutely the worst service I have ever received from anyone (period)! This is the first time I have ever submitted a review for anything. Received an oil change from Valvoline Instant Oil Change in Cottage Grove, MN. Shortly thereafter and within 30 miles I started getting a low oil pressure warning light. I immediately exited the freeway and pulled into the nearby BP station. I had my 11-year old son with me at the time not to mentioned the -20 to -25 below zero wind chills that day. It was dangerously cold and not a day to be messing around. Left the vehicle there at BP and called my wife to come pick us up.

VIOC went to inspect the car and said there was no oil filter. Suffices to say the engine needs to be replaced in my vehicle. It took them 2 1/2 weeks for their investigation to complete. Please bear in mind I had no vehicle at the time. They concluded - how convenient for them - that there is no evidence that they are at fault. Basically, what they are saying is, they will not pay for their mistake and it's on the consumer (in this case me) to prove them otherwise. What a bunch of garbage! Consumer beware! They do NOT stand behind their mistakes like a good company should. I will never use them again and will be voicing my opinions and concerns on every social media site that I can.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Today 3-15-19 I went to Valvoline to have my oil changed because I just had a new engine and radiator put in and I needed an oil change at 600 miles per my mechanic. Valvoline tried to tell me my coolant needed to be flushed because it I had my washer fluid cap on the coolant reservoir and my washer fluid leaked into my coolant. The caps had been switched for over a yr and my mechanic never switched them back after installing the new radiator just 2 weeks ago. My mechanic has never said one word that was harmful or anything else about it. I had new radiator put in because it was cracked due to a massive pot hole. It had nothing to do with the reservoir caps being switched.

Last yr I went to Valvoline and that was a different store, they tried to tell me my serpentine belt was about to break. While I was get the new engine installed I had them just 2 weeks ago put a new belt on and they said my belt was still in pretty good condition and wanted to know if I wanted to keep it for a back up. Valvoline must train their employees to lie to their customers. I work as a rural mail carrier and I drive 140 miles a day in my jeep and I get a lot of maintenance done. I feel sorry for people that don't know their cars and fall for their deception.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Almost RUINED 2017 car by leaving the oil drain plug loose. A few days later I started smelling something funny, and my oil light came on. I pulled over and had to wait 3 hours for my boyfriend to come help me, and when he got there he said there was NO DRAIN PLUG AND ALL THE OIL WAS EMPTY. While I was there they told me that they weren’t responsible for any damage because their system showed I hadn’t changed my oil in 9,000 miles AND TRYING TO SELL ME UNNECESSARY UPGRADES (I change it every 3k, just not with them). I think they wanted to blame it on me, but I have proof I take excellent care of my car, and regardless putting on an oil plug screw is so easy a child should be able to it, especially when that is your whole job.

I am never going back to a Valvoline location ever again. The whole time they wanted me to upgrade on an air filter, synthetic oil and pcv valve. From the start I asked for conventional oil ONLY. My car is less than 3 years old and keep a great maintenance on my car. For them to tell me that it’s necessary to get all these upgrades is pure **. It saddens me how extreme people can be to rip people off and purposely try to ruin a brand new car. Thankfully my boyfriend knows about cars. Otherwise I would’ve been without a car. Btw an air filter can be bought at stores for a much cheaper price and install it yourself! You end up saving a lot of money instead of getting ripped off!

Original review: March 5, 2019

My husband and I have been using Valvoline for years, never having had an issue until recently. We have used 3 local locations, 2 of them much more frequently than the 3rd. I have a long time friend who worked for them for years. Recently my husband's vehicle would not shift into drive... AT ALL. The car needed to be towed home. The only place we have ever used to oil changes is Valvoline and we pay big time when we do go, always a different price. That being said, according to my friend who worked there, upon each visit fluids are supposed to be checked and topped off. Well, after having a family member look over the vehicle there was NO transmission fluid OR oil in this car!!!!

Fast forward a day or two later, I hear a whirring noise in my own car. Remembering things I had read while trying to figure out why my husband's car broke down, I immediately had him and my father check my transmission fluid. Well, I drive a Nissan Altima, and on a Nissan the transmission actually has a seal that needs to be broken in order to check the transmission fluid... Mine was not! Basically all this time we have been paying 3x as much as doing our OWN oil changes at home for them to ruin our vehicles. Mine is perfectly fine thankfully, but my husbands needed a whole new transmission. $3000 worth. Never again Valvoline!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I had a state inspection done today and am quite unhappy with the service. A large, rotund man asked me “What [I] wanted.” I asked for an inspection and the behemoth said “Leave the keys in the car and sit in the lobby.” Clearly, an expert in customer service. Upon pulling my vehicle into the bay, I watched the same large employee, later identified as employee Roger **, run the gas and brakes, rocking my car violently back and forth while laughing. The 3 other employees, apparently with nothing better to do also laughed. When I asked why my vehicle was being treated like this, I was told it was part of the inspection.

In my 30 plus years as a driver nobody has ever treated my vehicle like this and it's certainly NOT part of an inspection. When I asked for the name of the employee and the manager, I was told they are one and the same. The actual manager was the one treating a customer car in this manner in front of the customer. I guess business is slow and this location has nothing better to do than entertain themselves by abusing a customer car. Close them down. I got some of this abuse on my phone and will be uploading it to YouTube to post along with my official Google review of this location. It's sad to see 4 mechanics with nothing to do and filling their time with mischief in a day and age where I can get an oil change or inspection anywhere. The Route 211 location is always respectful and professional. The absolute opposite of this Dolson Avenue location. I will never patronize this location again. Pathetic.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I normally change my own oil, but I'll take it to a mechanic every other change to get the tires rotated. I went there a several months ago and got my normal oil change and tire rotation. Everything seemed to go just fine until I jacked up my 2010 Ford Escape last weekend and realized they rounded the head of the oil drain bolt. I take my car to a different mechanic, and not only did they round the head, they also cross-threaded the bolt resulting in my needed a new oil pan and costing me ~900. Will never be going there again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I went into the nearest Valvoline oil change station here in Missouri to get my oil changed. The lady attendant must have been an alpha male in a female body because she was very demanding, short tempered and just plain rude. For an oil change, new air filter (didn't know if she was showing me mine or someone else's filter) plus a redemption of a %15 coupon it cost me over %80. So with the coupon and payment I spent nearly %100 for an oil change. Way overpriced and rude service...will NEVER, NEVER go back.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We had our truck serviced at Valvoline in Glendale, Wisconsin for an oil change on July 28, 2018. On Aug 16th, our truck stopped due to the engine ceasing. My mechanic states the engine stopped due to no oil in the reservoir due to a missing oil plug. The oil change was done sloppily & incorrectly. We have pictures of oil all over the engine & on the ground after the service was performed. The Valvoline attendant stated that the extra oil will just burn off.

We contacted Valvoline customer service to relay our experience and after days of waiting for a response and being told that the representative handling our case is not in, we were ultimately told that upon review of the video taken during the servicing of our vehicle, the service was found to be performed correctly. In essence, we were told that oil spilled all over the engine & leaking onto the ground is normal for an oil change. The oil plug disappearing, allowing all oil to leak from the reservoir, thus leading to my trucks' engine ceasing is our fault.

We are now going through the court process. The company is claiming no fault & now we have lost our primary vehicle & now will also spend countless hours of time, effort, dollars & resources going to court. I do not recommend this company as they are not owning up to errors made by their facility & staff that ended up in my family's loss of our long-time, primary vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Do not ever trust Valvoline. I took my car to a Valvoline in Lansing Michigan on Kalamazoo and got an oil change which cost me $90 for a 2011 Chevy Cruze. This was brand-new 56,000 miles on it. When they went to go tighten the bolt to my oil can they broke my coolant hose which damaged my water spout and Reservoir. They also did not fill my oil all the way. When I went to check it it was almost gone which meaning it was less than half filled. I recommend that Valvoline do more training with their employees because this is unacceptable. Now I have to pay $400 to get my car fixed because they broke my coolant to unacceptable. Will never be going back to Valvoline and they will be hearing from my lawyers to reimburse me the $400 that they making me spend for a problem that I didn't even have before I brought them my car. Please do not bring your car to Valvoline.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Brought my vehicle in for an inspection. After my vehicle was in the bay for half an hour they finally pulled it out front and came to the waiting area. They told me my vehicle failed the inspection due to one of my rear license plate lights was out. I asked him if he could change the bulb and he said that the screws appeared to be rusty and he refused to even try to remove them but if I had the bulb replaced that day he would just need to verify the bulb worked and he would put the sticker on my windshield.

I went down the road to AutoZone and bought a bulb and borrowed a screwdriver. The screws removed easily as they only had a little surface pitting. I returned to Valvoline for the "quick verification" but there now was a few cars waiting in line and was told I had to wait because it had to come into the bay. I didn't have much choice having already paid so I gave him my cellphone number and told him I was going next door to get something to eat and to call me when it was in the bay. It was 6pm and they closed at 7pm but was assured it would only be about a half hour. I never received a phone call from them and realized it was nearly 7pm so I went back over to find they were closed.

Luckily I caught the last employee in his car attempting to leave and trying not to notice me. I asked him where my vehicle was and he told me they never got a chance to get to it and my vehicle was around back at the entrance bay door where I had left it with the keys in it as he sped away. The verification of a working bulb would be less than 1 minute as all other inspections were done. To leave my car with the keys in the ignition and close the shop without calling me was totally irresponsible, dangerous and unprofessional. I had already paid them but refused to return there ever again and had the inspection done elsewhere the next day.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I decided to pull in Valvoline for an oil change largely based on $10 off sign out front. At time of payment manager would not honor the discount stating it was there from the day before. This is after denying the sign was out there to begin with despite me mentioning to him several times. Manager was very rude and condescending.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have been ripped off twice in Valvoline in two different incidents in Knoxville. The first one they charged me almost $90 for synthetic oil change (July 2018) but I have noticed they put the cheaper oil (traditional) as they themselves further by mileage of 3K on sticker! Second time was a few days ago for oil change where they charged me ~$68. They (assumingly as stated in invoice) checked a few other parameters like brake fluid and windshield wash fluid... and marked OK, which I trusted them but after 3 days my brake light turned on and kept alarming me.

When I checked the motor and fluid level myself, I've noticed they even did not touch it. When I took the bill and stopped by the local branch, I faced a rude guy who came up with bunch of lame excuses and BS, and did not fix my problem nor address my concern even after I stopped by their office. Then I had to go to a different repair shop and paid them to recheck all the fluid level EVEN the oil. In my experience, they are not honest and one can not TRUST them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I didn't know this, but they share my car information with Carfax. They make all these recommendations based on the milage of my car. Now I have to find all documents and submit to Valvoline to prove that my car has been maintained throughout the years. Otherwise I will have problem with selling my car.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I went in for a transmission flush and a lube job full service. One day later my vehicle was hesitating. Loss of power and later on that evening on my way home my clutch went out due to a leaky transmission seal or not bleeding my clutch at all. Now I have to pay $500 to rebuild my transmission due to their negligence and because of the mileage do what you was over 200,000 which had nothing to do with the negligence they caused and damage permanent damage I have to pay for but offered to give me my money back for the services they had complete but yet will not pay for the services of my vehicle to be repaired due to their negligence.

Do not let these people touch your hood, handle, not a thing. They're crooks. They're horrible and they sabotage people's vehicles. I read over 400 claims. Do not let them touch your vehicle. I do not know why they're still open. I do not know why they're still operating but they should not be getting away with this. I think they should pay for all of my pain and suffering. As far as work goes about to lose my job due to their negligence. Do not let Valvoline touch your car. They're horrible, irresponsible and I'm willing to take credit for the damage they've caused or pay for it. Go to Jiffy Lube or Brake Masters or Walmart. Do not let these people touch your **. They are crooks.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was recently at the Ridge Road, Lackawanna location for an oil change, tire rotation and inspection. I knew my wipers would not pass and I had purchased a set the night before but didn't know how to install them. They installed them for me and showed me how to do it! They also didn't snooker me into purchasing a new air filter! I always have had a good experience at this location.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I went to the Valvoline in White Plains NY 12/17/18 around 3 pm. They make you sit in your car, inside the poorly ventilated garage while they worked! The fumes gave me a thrashing headache and made me incredibly nauseous! They would not allow me to sit in the waiting room, because they said “this is how they do it all over the country now.” At the same time, they were trying to charge me for “required items needed”, which were not “needed” nor did I want them. I ended up leaving - feeling sick from the poorly unventilated garage and their lying about “required” items to do a simple oil change. If I could give them less than 1 star I WOULD!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We called them to ask about changing a filter. Keep in mind my boyfriend and I don’t have money to be driving around everywhere. We called and asked if they could change our filters, we said we had our own, they said yes. So my boyfriend and I drove there and then were told that they can’t do it unless we pay for an oil change AND for them to change the filters. This is ridiculous. Terrible.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

If I could give this company zero stars I would. I am beyond angry, upset, and disgusted at the lack of customer service, concern for safety and empathy that has been displayed by Valvoline instant oil change corporate & Valvoline instant oil change of Levittown PA. This company's negligence put my life and others at risk and caused 1000s of dollars in damage to my vehicle. Even after they admitted fault and carelessness they denied my request for them to have my car towed to a dealer at their cost.

I went to the Valvoline Instant Oil change in Levittown PA for a routine oil change and tire rotation on November 5th 2018. When I arrived the people working were friendly and appeared to be working on my car with care. When they were "Finished" they asked me to sign the paperwork and said I was done and could drive away. I pulled out of their parking lot and onto a busy highway. I made it 500 feet before hearing alarming sounds coming from my car. Something wasn't right. I moved into the center turning lane so I could pull in a large parking lot across the street and see what was going on.

When I turned across road (oncoming traffic) I heard a loud bang and the front passenger side of my car dropped to the pavement. Out of my passenger window I could see a tire rolling down the road. My Front passenger front tire came off my vehicle and rolled down the road. My car dropped onto the rotor and I was stuck perpendicular in the middle of oncoming traffic. Scared for my life I pressed the gas hoping the 3 remaining tires would be able to get me to safety. I slowly scrapped my way just off the highway into a parking lot. I rushed out of the car to find no tire on my front passenger side and my back tire was halfway off the car.

When the front tire came off it caused extensive damage to my wheel well, front quarter panel hood and numerous other issues. I didn't care about the car. I was thankful to be alive and grateful that I did not hurt or kill another person. Since I didn't make it more than 1000 feet from the shop I ran across the road to get the attention of the service manager. I told him and his techs that the wheels just came off my car. Their only response was... "We must not have tightened the lug nuts" not, "Are you ok. Was anyone hurt?" No... "We must not have done our job..."

The Service manager walked over to the vehicle and said he would get my tired back on. He tried for 2 hrs with multiple jacks and struggled. I advised that I would wait across the street and requested that my car be towed to a local Ford dealership at Valvoline's costs because I did not feel safe driving it. A tech from Valvoline came to let me know my wheels were back on and the car was ready. I asked when the tow truck was coming and I was instructed to speak with the service manager. The service manager Ron advised that his Area Manager (Ron **) would not approve the costs of the tow truck because my wheels were back on my car. I expressed my concern for my safety and how this situation put mine and others lives at risk.

I noted that the area manager clearly does not understand the severity of the situation. The service manager stated that he told his manager everything and explained how serious it was. Even after that they denied my request. During this exchange the service manager admitted negligence and agreed that this was their fault and very dangerous. I called my own tow truck. While I was waiting for a tow I called Valvoline corporate and filed a claim. Provided all of the information above and noted the area manager's name. I was advised by the customer service rep that my claim was escalated and would be addressed ASAP. I advised that I would like the area manager to reach out to me directly so I can express my concern... He never did.

It’s now weeks later and no one from Valvoline has called me except the service manager to keep me updated on the information from Ford about the damage to my vehicle. On each update call from the service manager, I expressed my disgust that his manager has yet to contact me and could he please have him do so. On 11/15 after strongly voicing my frustration with Valvoline to the service Manager on their lack of customer service, concern for safety and follow up with customers I received a call from area manager (Ron **).

Ron in a very arrogant, non-concerned voice told me that he was only approving $1000 of the damage that was quoted by Ford. I explained to Ron that his "approval of the costs were not my concern and they would be settled between my insurance company and his". I explained to Ron my absolute disgust at his lack of concern for my safety, well being and overall callous attitude. I recounted the severity of the situation point by point. I described the danger I was put in as well as other drivers and that he should have been on the phone the next day to apologize for the mishap. Not only that, I was never contacted again by corporate. I expressed feelings on Ron's attitude, poor management and people skills and Ron Response. Ron told me he didn't have to listen to this and hung up the phone. Ron never apologized on behalf of the company or took initiative. Ron hid behind the problem instead of getting in front of it.

Following this exchange, I was even upset about how I was treated by Valvoline and I called back into Valvoline corporate. I requested to speak to Ron **, manager (Andy **) and explained my concerns again. I was instructed by the customer service rep that she could not get Andy on the phone and could not guarantee that he would return my call. She then noted that Ron ** had called in to corporate to report that I expressed my distaste with how I was treated. This experience with Valvoline was absolutely awful. There was zero concern for my life, or the lack of service and car I received... The business, area and market managers (Ron **) & (Andy **) and customer service representative are the worst that I have ever come across in my life.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I’ve never had a experience like my visit to this location. I’ve been loyal to this store for years. I put 75,000 to 80,000 a year on my company car. I use lots of oil with oil changes at 5,000 miles. I pull up coupons online for my oil change but left my iPhone at home with the coupons on my home page. After arriving to Valvoline I realized what I had gone and asked the attendant if they could pull up my records and see I’ve been a good customer and if they could do anything to help offset my 79.99 oil change. I was told that I didn’t need to have a attitude and that it wasn’t their fault I forgot the coupons. I explained I didn’t have a attitude and asked for his name and he said he wasn’t going to give me his name and that I was a jerk. That’s when I told him to get away from my car and let me leave. I also returned some name calling with him. This has to be the worst experience I’ve ever seen from a customer service. I will never visit a Valvoline location.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Was charged 129.04 for full synthetic oil change even with 10.00 off coupon. I never received a receipt so don't know what all was done or completed. He changed some filter for 29.00, but like I said I never received a receipt so don't know what was completed. Will not use Valvoline again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

5/25/2018: date of occurrence. This letter is to serve as an account of the events that occurred on 5/25/2018 @ Valvoline Oil Change located on 975 Route 6 in Mahopac, NY (845) 628-4239. Store # AE6401 Managers on Shift was Keith and Chris. My husband went in for a routine Oil Change and Tire Rotation. The service worker @ Valvoline was Mike. After the oil change was completed the tire rotation process was started. When the process was completed my husband paid for the service and entered his car.

Upon trying to close his driver side door he realized that he could not shut the door. He exited the vehicle and observed that metal panel under his driver’s side door was “crunched” this area of the car is known as the rocker panel. My husband immediately walked back into Valvoline as he had not yet left the property. He showed the damage to Keith ** and Chris ** (managers) and at this time they verbally identified and assumed fault for the damage to the vehicle and identified that it was a result of a faulty and inappropriate placement and use, by their employee Mike, of the hand jack. Chris sent my husband to Gabriel’s Autobody

I then contacted Valvoline myself and spoke to Chis ** who verbally admitted to me that they were at fault and would be responsible for fixing the repairs on the vehicle. Chris also reimbursed my husband for the cost of the services he received that day. Chris provided me with the Customer Care number of 1-800-327-8242. They agreed to pay for the damages. My husband arrived at Gabriel’s Auto Body and met with Rick. After assessing the vehicle and assisting in unjamming the door lock mechanism.

The car was assessed and it was determined that the damage was significant to the reinforced steel panel under the rocker panel and affected the structural integrity. It was a result of an improper lift and positioning by the hand jack. The tire rotation was also completed outside of the bay area and on the side of the building. At the completion of the service- my husband made payment. He was not provided with any receipt, was not asked to initial. When my husband inquired if he needed to sign anything Chris stated “nope you’re good to go man”.

I also spoke to Rick @ Gabriel’s Autobody who reported that he also spoke to Keith first and then Chris who both acknowledged and identified that Valvoline was responsible. At this time the estimate was completed by Rick @ Gabriel’s Autobody and the total is $5,100.00. Rick called Chris at Valvoline to inform him of the cost to repair.

Fast forward 4 months to now 10/3/18. At this time Valvoline is now continuing to refuse to submit documents they claim to have from my insurance company stating that they are no longer at fault. My insurance company requested this proof be sent to their Segregation team on 6/20/18. They still have not sent proof. Valvoline Corporate is playing the game of they want my insurance to send them the release freeing them from any further costs before they will send the requested document.

If Valvoline has “said document” then why could you not provide the “proof” when requested??? Cause you don’t have it. My family is out over $700.00 dollars and your company wants to play games. YOU ARE Liable for this claim and damages incurred. Do the right thing and take responsibility for your error and the error of your staff. I find it hard to believe that a corporation as large as yours does not have liability coverage. To make matters worse your corporation has still not reimbursed my insurance company the over $4000.00 they paid thus far for the damages! The damages YOUR MANAGERS (Chris and Keith) admitted responsibility for!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

So I went to the one in Eastgate (Cincinnati) Ohio. I got a full synthetic oil change. I had seen online $54.99 was the most expensive... so how is it that I get there and it’s $79.99 and with my $15 off coupon $64.99. I think it’s pretty crappy that they take complete advantage of their customers for their money. I paid $70 and the guy wouldn’t even clean my air conditioner filter (which is supposed to be free) because he thought it might snap when he took it out and it would charge me another $35!!! How about you do what you told me you’d do and if YOU break it you replace it considering the price I’m paying you!

Also, as you sit there while they do all of this they’re trying to convince you that you need to buy this or change this for this amount of money. I said NO to everything and had they not already begun emptying my oil out before I found out the “price” I'd have taken my car elsewhere. DO NOT go here unless you want to get completely and totally ripped off!

Valvoline Company Information