Valvoline

• 4%
  • 5%
  • 71%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?
    Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 14, 2024

They changed the oil on my daughter's challenger with the wrong oil. And instead of putting an oil treatment in they added something else unapproved. 2 or 3 days later her pistons are messed up. Mechanic says it can be from the wrong oil. The company tried to deny any wrong doing, didn't refund her nor tried to help get her car fixed. Highly don't recommend a company that can't take responsibility for their mistakes.

Staff

Reviewed June 10, 2024

I Parekh ** changed oil change in January 2024. After that low oil sign come up then abs system get bad. I towed my car twice. Then I took my car good mechanic. He found that Valvoline didn’t put gasket around my oil filter. I complaint it. They don’t want listen. I don’t recommend Valvoline. Please take your car to good oil changer. Give little more money.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 27, 2024

We sent our son in for a LOF. He waited over 1 hr and when he got in there the manager, told him the vehicle needed the transmission serviced or it was going to be ruined, the left brake light needed to be replaced as well. He did not know how to respond, as he didn't want the car ruined but he also was unaware we had had ALL the maintenance work done, including the transmission service when we purchased the car 6 months prior. Long story short, he was asked to pull ahead and wait, which he did another 35 mins. Then they brought him in to do the complete service. Except they forgot to replace the brake light as we paid for. We had the transmission fluid recommended by KIA, put in, it was more expensive, it was replaced with a cheaper "generic" transmission fluid. When I phoned to complain, I spoke to 4 different people and was on the phone for over an hour. Still no resolution. So, I decided to write a review and never return again.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 10, 2024

We have a 2011 Lexus with only 26000 miles. Last April 13 I took it for an oil change at Valvoline. They had trouble and some delays because they broke something on the oil filter housing. It took some time, but I was assured it was fixed. The invoice didn't reflect any issue. This April 9 I took the car to the Lexus dealership and had the oil changed. They indicated that the filter housing was broken. They replaced it and saved the broken one for me. When I contacted corporate and the local manager (Maple Grove, MN), they refused to reimburse me for the damaged part. He said if it had only been only 6 months, he might have helped me. I emphasized that such a low mileage car doesn't need a change every 6 months. Don't let them touch your low mileage car!

Staff

Reviewed May 5, 2024

I went to a local Valvoline franchise and my experience was poor. The team was less than professional. After my oil was drained, I was told they were out of filters. That if I went to Autozone and bought one they would install it free of charge. Would have been nice if they had told me before. I ended up spending $52 for my oil to be drained. I called management and was told that included labor. A discount would have been nice. I went to another company and I didn’t even have all the quarts of oil. I will never go back. I spent over $100 for 2 oil changes.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Got a oil change and they put the wrong type of oil in my vehicle and a couple days later my engine is knocking. Upon inspection by a certified mechanic, it was discovered that the wrong type of oil was used during the oil change, resulting in severe damage to the vehicle motor. This has caused significant inconvenience and financial burden for me, as I now have to bear the cost of repairing the damage.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

They put the wrong air filter!! Now our car is undriveable!!! Do not got to the on Va Beach Blvd. We had a oil change and within 2 weeks the car started knocking, when we looked at car there was no oil and the air filter was for a Kia and we have a Ford. We have no car now!!

Customer Service

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I went in for an oil change and a trans flush, while I was there the tech told me my license plate lights weren't working and offered to change them for 12 or 14$ something like that, wasn't much and I said sure, do it. Well a few days later I get pulled over for no license plate lights and get a citation, along w court appearance. I contacted the manager of the Valvoline in question and he said he was going to review video of my visit and get back w me, he never did, so I called him and sure enough he informed me that this service was never performed, but I was charged for it and I paid for it.

I told him I had received a citation and he said he would refund the fee for the bulb change on plate lights and that was that. I asked what he was going to do about the citation I received and the time off work I will be losing due to required court appearance, he said that wasn't his problem, so I talked w my attorney and they are absolutely responsible and in an effort to be fair we sent them an email requesting compensation for court costs, citation fine and lost wages and have heard nothing, so I will be taking them to court, do you think they should be responsible???? I'll never return to any Valvoline.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 14, 2024

On 4/1 I was overcharged and treated poorly at the Union Cemetery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45249. I filed a complaint at 7 pm. Took 4 days to reach the Area Manager. Agreed for refund on 4/4. Nothing posted to credit card. I called 4/8 and told they mailed me a check, but they didn't update my address. I went over this with them on the phone with the Area manager. I told them I'd wait until 4/12 then I'm escalating. Still no check. The customer support is terrible. One person called me at 9:45 pm and woke me up. Two representatives asked me for my number for the Area Manager to call. He never did. He calls through their 800 # as he needs them on the line to process the decision. Not only was I treated poorly at the location and yelled at on the phone by that manager who refused to give me a refund, the customer support is HORRIBLE!!!!

To finally get the Area Manager on the phone and then the representative doesn't update my address nor processes the refund on the credit card, a check is mailed. No one called me from 4/4 to 4/8 to even tell me they did this. I was actually told by the representative it was my fault I didn't tell them I wanted it back on credit card. She said they'd have to stop the check and I'd have to wait for another follow-up. I sit here tonight at 9:52 pm on 4/13 and still this is not resolved. I filed a dispute with my credit card a week ago, I filed a BBB complaint and I have to deal with this nonsense. I've been a customer at this location for 3 years and it's come to this. I have to call the call center again, to get another run around for my refund. I think I have called on this matter well over 15 times and still not refunded.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

My 2019 Toyota RAV4 with 50,000 miles and no previous issues now needs a new engine after a routine oil change at Valvoline. Long story short, they ruined my engine and now will not give me contact information of someone who can help. Worst experience EVER!!

Valvoline Company Information