Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

324 Valvoline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I decided to pull in Valvoline for an oil change largely based on $10 off sign out front. At time of payment manager would not honor the discount stating it was there from the day before. This is after denying the sign was out there to begin with despite me mentioning to him several times. Manager was very rude and condescending.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have been ripped off twice in Valvoline in two different incidents in Knoxville. The first one they charged me almost $90 for synthetic oil change (July 2018) but I have noticed they put the cheaper oil (traditional) as they themselves further by mileage of 3K on sticker! Second time was a few days ago for oil change where they charged me ~$68. They (assumingly as stated in invoice) checked a few other parameters like brake fluid and windshield wash fluid... and marked OK, which I trusted them but after 3 days my brake light turned on and kept alarming me.

When I checked the motor and fluid level myself, I've noticed they even did not touch it. When I took the bill and stopped by the local branch, I faced a rude guy who came up with bunch of lame excuses and BS, and did not fix my problem nor address my concern even after I stopped by their office. Then I had to go to a different repair shop and paid them to recheck all the fluid level EVEN the oil. In my experience, they are not honest and one can not TRUST them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I didn't know this, but they share my car information with Carfax. They make all these recommendations based on the milage of my car. Now I have to find all documents and submit to Valvoline to prove that my car has been maintained throughout the years. Otherwise I will have problem with selling my car.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I went in for a transmission flush and a lube job full service. One day later my vehicle was hesitating. Loss of power and later on that evening on my way home my clutch went out due to a leaky transmission seal or not bleeding my clutch at all. Now I have to pay $500 to rebuild my transmission due to their negligence and because of the mileage do what you was over 200,000 which had nothing to do with the negligence they caused and damage permanent damage I have to pay for but offered to give me my money back for the services they had complete but yet will not pay for the services of my vehicle to be repaired due to their negligence.

Do not let these people touch your hood, handle, not a thing. They're crooks. They're horrible and they sabotage people's vehicles. I read over 400 claims. Do not let them touch your vehicle. I do not know why they're still open. I do not know why they're still operating but they should not be getting away with this. I think they should pay for all of my pain and suffering. As far as work goes about to lose my job due to their negligence. Do not let Valvoline touch your car. They're horrible, irresponsible and I'm willing to take credit for the damage they've caused or pay for it. Go to Jiffy Lube or Brake Masters or Walmart. Do not let these people touch your **. They are crooks.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was recently at the Ridge Road, Lackawanna location for an oil change, tire rotation and inspection. I knew my wipers would not pass and I had purchased a set the night before but didn't know how to install them. They installed them for me and showed me how to do it! They also didn't snooker me into purchasing a new air filter! I always have had a good experience at this location.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Valvoline?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I went to the Valvoline in White Plains NY 12/17/18 around 3 pm. They make you sit in your car, inside the poorly ventilated garage while they worked! The fumes gave me a thrashing headache and made me incredibly nauseous! They would not allow me to sit in the waiting room, because they said “this is how they do it all over the country now.” At the same time, they were trying to charge me for “required items needed”, which were not “needed” nor did I want them. I ended up leaving - feeling sick from the poorly unventilated garage and their lying about “required” items to do a simple oil change. If I could give them less than 1 star I WOULD!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We called them to ask about changing a filter. Keep in mind my boyfriend and I don’t have money to be driving around everywhere. We called and asked if they could change our filters, we said we had our own, they said yes. So my boyfriend and I drove there and then were told that they can’t do it unless we pay for an oil change AND for them to change the filters. This is ridiculous. Terrible.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

If I could give this company zero stars I would. I am beyond angry, upset, and disgusted at the lack of customer service, concern for safety and empathy that has been displayed by Valvoline instant oil change corporate & Valvoline instant oil change of Levittown PA. This company's negligence put my life and others at risk and caused 1000s of dollars in damage to my vehicle. Even after they admitted fault and carelessness they denied my request for them to have my car towed to a dealer at their cost.

I went to the Valvoline Instant Oil change in Levittown PA for a routine oil change and tire rotation on November 5th 2018. When I arrived the people working were friendly and appeared to be working on my car with care. When they were "Finished" they asked me to sign the paperwork and said I was done and could drive away. I pulled out of their parking lot and onto a busy highway. I made it 500 feet before hearing alarming sounds coming from my car. Something wasn't right. I moved into the center turning lane so I could pull in a large parking lot across the street and see what was going on.

When I turned across road (oncoming traffic) I heard a loud bang and the front passenger side of my car dropped to the pavement. Out of my passenger window I could see a tire rolling down the road. My Front passenger front tire came off my vehicle and rolled down the road. My car dropped onto the rotor and I was stuck perpendicular in the middle of oncoming traffic. Scared for my life I pressed the gas hoping the 3 remaining tires would be able to get me to safety. I slowly scrapped my way just off the highway into a parking lot. I rushed out of the car to find no tire on my front passenger side and my back tire was halfway off the car.

When the front tire came off it caused extensive damage to my wheel well, front quarter panel hood and numerous other issues. I didn't care about the car. I was thankful to be alive and grateful that I did not hurt or kill another person. Since I didn't make it more than 1000 feet from the shop I ran across the road to get the attention of the service manager. I told him and his techs that the wheels just came off my car. Their only response was... "We must not have tightened the lug nuts" not, "Are you ok. Was anyone hurt?" No... "We must not have done our job..."

The Service manager walked over to the vehicle and said he would get my tired back on. He tried for 2 hrs with multiple jacks and struggled. I advised that I would wait across the street and requested that my car be towed to a local Ford dealership at Valvoline's costs because I did not feel safe driving it. A tech from Valvoline came to let me know my wheels were back on and the car was ready. I asked when the tow truck was coming and I was instructed to speak with the service manager. The service manager Ron advised that his Area Manager (Ron **) would not approve the costs of the tow truck because my wheels were back on my car. I expressed my concern for my safety and how this situation put mine and others lives at risk.

I noted that the area manager clearly does not understand the severity of the situation. The service manager stated that he told his manager everything and explained how serious it was. Even after that they denied my request. During this exchange the service manager admitted negligence and agreed that this was their fault and very dangerous. I called my own tow truck. While I was waiting for a tow I called Valvoline corporate and filed a claim. Provided all of the information above and noted the area manager's name. I was advised by the customer service rep that my claim was escalated and would be addressed ASAP. I advised that I would like the area manager to reach out to me directly so I can express my concern... He never did.

It’s now weeks later and no one from Valvoline has called me except the service manager to keep me updated on the information from Ford about the damage to my vehicle. On each update call from the service manager, I expressed my disgust that his manager has yet to contact me and could he please have him do so. On 11/15 after strongly voicing my frustration with Valvoline to the service Manager on their lack of customer service, concern for safety and follow up with customers I received a call from area manager (Ron **).

Ron in a very arrogant, non-concerned voice told me that he was only approving $1000 of the damage that was quoted by Ford. I explained to Ron that his "approval of the costs were not my concern and they would be settled between my insurance company and his". I explained to Ron my absolute disgust at his lack of concern for my safety, well being and overall callous attitude. I recounted the severity of the situation point by point. I described the danger I was put in as well as other drivers and that he should have been on the phone the next day to apologize for the mishap. Not only that, I was never contacted again by corporate. I expressed feelings on Ron's attitude, poor management and people skills and Ron Response. Ron told me he didn't have to listen to this and hung up the phone. Ron never apologized on behalf of the company or took initiative. Ron hid behind the problem instead of getting in front of it.

Following this exchange, I was even upset about how I was treated by Valvoline and I called back into Valvoline corporate. I requested to speak to Ron **, manager (Andy **) and explained my concerns again. I was instructed by the customer service rep that she could not get Andy on the phone and could not guarantee that he would return my call. She then noted that Ron ** had called in to corporate to report that I expressed my distaste with how I was treated. This experience with Valvoline was absolutely awful. There was zero concern for my life, or the lack of service and car I received... The business, area and market managers (Ron **) & (Andy **) and customer service representative are the worst that I have ever come across in my life.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I’ve never had a experience like my visit to this location. I’ve been loyal to this store for years. I put 75,000 to 80,000 a year on my company car. I use lots of oil with oil changes at 5,000 miles. I pull up coupons online for my oil change but left my iPhone at home with the coupons on my home page. After arriving to Valvoline I realized what I had gone and asked the attendant if they could pull up my records and see I’ve been a good customer and if they could do anything to help offset my 79.99 oil change. I was told that I didn’t need to have a attitude and that it wasn’t their fault I forgot the coupons. I explained I didn’t have a attitude and asked for his name and he said he wasn’t going to give me his name and that I was a jerk. That’s when I told him to get away from my car and let me leave. I also returned some name calling with him. This has to be the worst experience I’ve ever seen from a customer service. I will never visit a Valvoline location.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Was charged 129.04 for full synthetic oil change even with 10.00 off coupon. I never received a receipt so don't know what all was done or completed. He changed some filter for 29.00, but like I said I never received a receipt so don't know what was completed. Will not use Valvoline again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

5/25/2018: date of occurrence. This letter is to serve as an account of the events that occurred on 5/25/2018 @ Valvoline Oil Change located on 975 Route 6 in Mahopac, NY (845) 628-4239. Store # AE6401 Managers on Shift was Keith and Chris. My husband went in for a routine Oil Change and Tire Rotation. The service worker @ Valvoline was Mike. After the oil change was completed the tire rotation process was started. When the process was completed my husband paid for the service and entered his car.

Upon trying to close his driver side door he realized that he could not shut the door. He exited the vehicle and observed that metal panel under his driver’s side door was “crunched” this area of the car is known as the rocker panel. My husband immediately walked back into Valvoline as he had not yet left the property. He showed the damage to Keith ** and Chris ** (managers) and at this time they verbally identified and assumed fault for the damage to the vehicle and identified that it was a result of a faulty and inappropriate placement and use, by their employee Mike, of the hand jack. Chris sent my husband to Gabriel’s Autobody

I then contacted Valvoline myself and spoke to Chis ** who verbally admitted to me that they were at fault and would be responsible for fixing the repairs on the vehicle. Chris also reimbursed my husband for the cost of the services he received that day. Chris provided me with the Customer Care number of 1-800-327-8242. They agreed to pay for the damages. My husband arrived at Gabriel’s Auto Body and met with Rick. After assessing the vehicle and assisting in unjamming the door lock mechanism.

The car was assessed and it was determined that the damage was significant to the reinforced steel panel under the rocker panel and affected the structural integrity. It was a result of an improper lift and positioning by the hand jack. The tire rotation was also completed outside of the bay area and on the side of the building. At the completion of the service- my husband made payment. He was not provided with any receipt, was not asked to initial. When my husband inquired if he needed to sign anything Chris stated “nope you’re good to go man”.

I also spoke to Rick @ Gabriel’s Autobody who reported that he also spoke to Keith first and then Chris who both acknowledged and identified that Valvoline was responsible. At this time the estimate was completed by Rick @ Gabriel’s Autobody and the total is $5,100.00. Rick called Chris at Valvoline to inform him of the cost to repair.

Fast forward 4 months to now 10/3/18. At this time Valvoline is now continuing to refuse to submit documents they claim to have from my insurance company stating that they are no longer at fault. My insurance company requested this proof be sent to their Segregation team on 6/20/18. They still have not sent proof. Valvoline Corporate is playing the game of they want my insurance to send them the release freeing them from any further costs before they will send the requested document.

If Valvoline has “said document” then why could you not provide the “proof” when requested??? Cause you don’t have it. My family is out over $700.00 dollars and your company wants to play games. YOU ARE Liable for this claim and damages incurred. Do the right thing and take responsibility for your error and the error of your staff. I find it hard to believe that a corporation as large as yours does not have liability coverage. To make matters worse your corporation has still not reimbursed my insurance company the over $4000.00 they paid thus far for the damages! The damages YOUR MANAGERS (Chris and Keith) admitted responsibility for!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

So I went to the one in Eastgate (Cincinnati) Ohio. I got a full synthetic oil change. I had seen online $54.99 was the most expensive... so how is it that I get there and it’s $79.99 and with my $15 off coupon $64.99. I think it’s pretty crappy that they take complete advantage of their customers for their money. I paid $70 and the guy wouldn’t even clean my air conditioner filter (which is supposed to be free) because he thought it might snap when he took it out and it would charge me another $35!!! How about you do what you told me you’d do and if YOU break it you replace it considering the price I’m paying you!

Also, as you sit there while they do all of this they’re trying to convince you that you need to buy this or change this for this amount of money. I said NO to everything and had they not already begun emptying my oil out before I found out the “price” I'd have taken my car elsewhere. DO NOT go here unless you want to get completely and totally ripped off!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I took my car into the Alpine Ave location in Grand Rapids Michigan for an oil change and deep fuel system clean, I left after they completed the service and drove my car less than 400 feet and the motor locked up. This company has done everything they can to avoid taking responsibility for the damage to my car. Their customer care line would not return my emails or phone calls. I had to file a legal action against them before they would even contact me! Horrible, immoral company! Avoid at all cost! You can go to your local car dealership, Ford, Chevrolet, etc... and find a far better deal!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

On September 04, 2018 I went to my local Valvoline here in Delaware. As I have routinely visited for service, however on this day service standards were clearly below the Valvoline 18 point inspection promise. Technicians only filled air pressure on drivers side, no fluid was topped off as indicated on receipt, under the hood in the vicinity of oil replacement cap I found a shop rag that was neglected to be taken which could have potentially damaged or caused engine fire.

It was recommended that I replace air filter, to which I informed was just replaced this week. Technician replied "All you had to say is no". Tone of voice was apparent unprofessional and represented to me that I hadn't just replaced air filter this week. It was the refusal of Valvoline attempt to upsale service, as to why I would have received such response.

I have reached out to Valvoline corporate office seeking a refund for neglecting to provide service as promised on the pledge to perform, to date have not heard back from management. Of all the issues that were noted, as a Firefighter I am very upset with the neglectful act to not have been more careful in removing a shop rag from engine. The safety of a customer seems not as important than the form of payment expected.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Went for an oil change and left for an appt. After leaving the appt my car stops. Long story short I got it towed and engine seized. They said they put 6 qts and drained 3 qts and the manager claims it's my fault. Small claims court here I come, I'm tired of these businesses taking advantage of us.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My mother sent my 23-year-old daughter to Valvoline to get an oil change. They came in and told her that her radiator was full of sludge and she needed to flush it. Funny thing is her uncle who is a seasoned mechanic of 40+ years had checked her car out that morning and one of the things he had checked had been her radiator And there was no sludge because he would have told us and I verified with him that this was not the case.

I tried to speak with the manager of the Valvoline. He insisted that there was sludge. He also told me he would fax me an itemized receipt which he did not do. He also told me he had emailed said receipt to my daughter which he did not do. Obviously getting nowhere with him I called the home office and file the complaint are. I was told I would receive a call back within 24 hours and when I did not I called the home office once again. They finally put me through to the regional manager. They finally put me through to the regional manager who after hearing my story told me that she would do nothing to rectify the situation. Obviously $88 is more important to them than customer satisfaction and integrity as well as a repeat services. They preferred to make their money fraudulently through uninformed young women and the elderly.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I went Valvoline oil service center in Guilderland, NY for state inspection. I usually do my own oil change but since I am there for the inspection, I asked the service manager to change my oil. When I came home, large oil leaked onto my concrete carport where I always park this car. There was not a drop of oil prior to this oil change. I went back and told them about the leak and they told me the oil pan thread was stripped and they said that this is wear and tear item. They put rubber plug and stop the leak but they did not address the what they have done to my oil plug thread. How can an oil plug thread be wear and tear item? If you torque it correctly, it should never fail. They did not use a torque wrench when I was watching.

I went there for simple oil change and now I have ~$500-$1000 issue which I may need new oil pan or tap new thread which is not a good fix. It may leak again. Both options are the costly and time-consuming work. I have done many oil changes and it never leaked on me but when I was there once, they admitted that they stripped my oil pan thread and caused a large oil leak and they continue to state that they are not responsible for the car over 100k miles and they are not owning up their mistake. I contacted the corporate but no response. I will submit small claims court in my town to see if they force Valvoline to do anything. This is matter of principle. They stripped my oil plug and they should fix it. Why do I need to responsible for $500-$1000 problem Valvoline has created.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I went Valvoline on Hoosick St in Troy NY to get my NYS inspection done after going to Mavis to get my brakes and new tires so it could pass inspection. Only reason I didn't get an inspection at Mavis was because they didn't have any stickers. They failed my inspection after I refuse to pay 139.99 to do a AC coolant flush which has nothing to do with the inspection. The reason they told me it failed was because of my tints were 62-63 out of 70 when it's on a scale of 100. My tints are factory. I've had this car since 2011. When it was made and never failed an inspection because of my tints nor have I been pulled over because of them.

I went right back to another Mavis in Albany NY which had stickers and it passed no problem. I was also told that my tints are not too dark and when I showed them the invoice from Valvoline and the reason they said, "That's BS." They also had four different people look at my tints whose response was, "What tints?" 'cause they are so clear. As you can see in the pic these tints are not dark at all. Valvoline are scam artist. I have reported them to corporate and the BBB. I won't stop till I get my money back and action is taken against these shysters. I strongly urge you not to ever bring your car to Valvoline on Hoosick Street in Troy NY. You will get shafted.

Original review: July 18, 2018

On July 5th 2018 had my oil changed at Kaiser Valvoline Instant Oil Change and they overfilled the oil by at least 1 quart. I kept trying to figure out why my car was smoking and missing. Well finally I checked the oil stick and the oil was at least a quart over full and the plugs were drowning in oil and making the car smoke and lunge around. I took the car back to them and asked them to drain the oil down and add a quart of oil product that stops the engine from smoking. NO. They will not accommodate me by fixing their mistake.

I told them since they would not fix their mistake I may have to sue them if it hurt the engine. I was told, "Oh well" and was to back all the way out. I will never have them change my oil again and advise the readers that if you do be prepared to absorb any damage they may inflict upon your car, because they will not help you. So far it's cost me $46.98 for their oil change and $$25.00 for another oil change after draining their oil and $10.00 for the treatment and possibly the cost to change spark plugs. Sorry Valvoline. I had to tell on you but you didn't seem to care so you have it coming.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have seen similar reviews but this made me so angry that I had to add my 2 cents. Valvoline in Derry NH. Oil change for 2010 Audi A6 Quattro. Was told it needs full synthetic. So the package is $89.99. Now... not bad enough... they then claim you have a "special" oil filter and that filter cost $15... (Can find it for $7 online) on top of the $89.99. I argued that the $89.99 includes an oil filter. It even says oil filter under the $89.99 along with oil. So I said then, "You should remove the cost of that oil filter out of the $89.99 before you add back in the $15..." for a cheap paper oil filter. The tech just kept claiming there was no filter included in the $89.99... yet a quick look at old oil changes for my wife's GMC... there is no additional charge for an oil filter in the basic package.

IT IS A TOTAL RIP OFF. Seems Valvoline does this over and over to people. The techs are very friendly... but otherwise they scam you every way they can. My wife has been using them for years. We will no longer be using them for any of our vehicles. We have 5... and will be telling anyone who cares to listen to avoid them as well.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Today I went to the Valvoline Instant Oil Change located at 4101 Veteran Highway in Levittown. Must say it is the absolute best place for a quick oil change, you don't even have to get out of your vehicle plus they're open 7 days a week with great hours... Who does that and they do a complete safety Inspection of your vehicle. I was really impressed by their friendly and knowledgeable staff: **! I recommend going there if you like being treated as a valued customer instead of just a number and feel as though you have your own pit crew, you must go! Guaranteed you'll never go elsewhere, I know I won't! God Bless.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I took my 08 Mercedes in for a Oil change in Yorba Linda CA and found oil dripping when I got home. I opened the hood and there was oil all over the motor. I then noticed the dipstick for the power steering was missing. I drove back to Valvoline and asked them to check where all the oil was coming from but didn't say anything about the missing dipstick. I wanted to see if they would be honest. They said the oil was just from spilled oil during the oil change and they cleaned it up. I then asked, it is not from the power steering, and he said no and I watch him find and replace the power steering dipstick. I had my answer. They lied about it even being missing. Now, a couple months later the power steering pump is going out. I will never go back to Valvoline.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Just bought a 2012 Buick 50k miles on it from a local dealer, car in a great shape, went to Valvoline in Bound Brook NJ to check all fluids and see if I should change gas or wait. Guy told me, "You are fine for like 2000 miles more." After 3 weeks I opened the hood for no reason but to check on car, found my motor covered in oil, turns out that the guy forgot to put the dipstick back in its hole. Drove to Valvoline and the fun part started. Manager ran to me outside with my dipstick telling me the guy worked on it forgot to put it back and because no actual work was done on my car and it's new, not on their system yet. They couldn't find a phone number to call me. My motor is soaked in oil and I was about to maybe lose my engine. Who knows. He didn't even apologize, went inside and they started spraying degreaser. Asked them to change oil since I'm there.

Dude working on my car was so rude, car oil change and air filter total like 110. Asked him if there is any part of this on the house since they screwed up, he said in a super rude way, "The car didn't lose much oil at all and no damage so no discount" then added sarcastically (everyone wants something free)!!! What?!! You screwed up and now being rude and impolite?!! I don't want free stuff. I want to come here and go home with my car in a good shape which you failed to do. Terrible attitude. Terrible customer service, at least offer to wash my engine in a professional place and even offer to change oil on you as an apology, or at least say, "I am sorry"!!! Just 10 off which I was gonna get anyways with a coupon, can't believe it. If something happened to my car I swear Imma sue them asap with all power I have. I didn't even pay my first car payment yet!!!

Original review: March 28, 2018

On February 21, 2018, I took my 2013 Kia Sorento to Valvoline Instant Oil in Cuyahoga Falls for an oil change. I was advised it was due for a transmission flush, which I agreed to have completed at that time. The following evening (Feb 22), a large puddle of transmission fluid was noticed in my garage. I had driven a total of 18 miles since the service. As it was after hours, the next morning (Feb 23) I drove the 1.5 miles up to Valvoline to have this inspected. The Customer Service Representative Ryan said that there was no leak, this was just 'residue' after the flush which leaked onto the garage floor. However, they started adding fluid to my transmission, and then the manager, Hank ** told me that the transmission pan plug was 'stripped'. This plug had never been removed until they serviced it less than 48 hours prior. Hank stated he would order a new plug, and it was 'ok to drive'.

I drove the 1.5 miles home, and put a large piece of cardboard under my vehicle. Less than an hour later, there was a huge puddle of transmission fluid on the floor, and I could see the pan leaking steadily. I had my vehicle towed to Jim's Transmission Shop in Cuyahoga Falls, and I called Valvoline. Hank (manager) said that he would take care of it and call the shop. Jim's Transmission determined that the reason my pan was leaking was because the Valvoline Tech (Anthony) did not put the o-ring back on the plug after he completed the transmission flush. This would have been evident when I brought my vehicle back to Valvoline. However, Valvoline lied to me first about the leak, then the reason for the leak, and to add insult to injury, falsely instructed me that it was "ok to drive". Valvoline did pay for the repair directly.

However, they have not reimbursed me for my out of pocket expenses such as rental car, lost wages, cleaning of the garage, tow, etc. They have not paid restitution for breach of duties, negligence, and flat out dishonesty. I have sent supports to Valvoline at both the local store and their headquarters via certified mail. Until yesterday, March 27, 2018, they have refused to respond. I received a call from the Regional Manager for this particular store. I think the only reason he called is that 15 minutes earlier I tweeted to Valvoline that I was filing complaints. He said his name was Doug. He said I hadn't been contacted because they were reviewing this with their 'legal department'. Doug proceeded to pick apart my demand, and while he flat out admitted fault, that they were not going to pay for many items. Items that are owed like power washing my garage- he said unless I paid someone to do it, it wasn't covered.

I have been a claims adjuster for 18 years, and I handle claims in all 50 states. The cost for a service is owed, no matter if the property owner does the repairs themselves. He also said that they will not pay for my lost time at work that were a direct result of this loss. Doug offered a "warranty" from Valvoline for my transmission if there are any problems down the road. I advised him that considering their abysmal record with Consumer Affairs, it wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on. If I had listened to the Valvoline's employee's absolute bold faced LIE that my vehicle was OK to drive, my transmission would have seized-causing extensive damage to my vehicle, as well as potential bodily injury not only to myself, but potentially to other parties. Valvoline has already admitted fault, and attempted to reimburse me just for the cost of the transmission flush. This is not acceptable.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I went to Valvoline in Edison, NJ on Parsonage Rd for a coolant flush. Before I went I called from my office to ask them if they service BMW's as I wanted to make sure they could put BMW specific coolant in my car (it's blue) as I did not want to cause any damage to my radiator or the hoses. The manager Matthew ** assured me he serviced BMW's and had the proper coolant in store to do the flush. Great. I arrived 18mins before they closed and a gentleman proceeded to tell me "my battery sounded bad" and as he was "distracting me the manager Matthew was using a hose to flush out my system and add no name $12 coolant to my BMW. I specified on the phone that I had no problem paying extra for BMW coolant as that was what was needed for my car and he assured me he had it no problem.

Well, 2 days later I am back in there because my coolant light is on saying it's low. How is that? I do not remember if it is was Matthew but I think it was... told me, "Oh the thingy (and that's a quote) that moves inside is probably just moving around. It's fine." It was not fine. Here I am 2 weeks later and come to find out the coolant he put in my car and the water he "flushed" it with ruined the hoses and my aluminum radiator. Really? I am at $300 in 1 hose right now and I can't even drive it. There is so much GREEN coolant leaking out of it. The coolant is suppose to be BLUE not GREEN!!! IF YOU DO NOT SERVICE BMW'S THEN DON'T SAY YOU DO... My work phone calls are recorded and once the correct repairs are done you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Brought my car in for oil service. Asked specifically to check my fluid levels. The technician said the fluids were okay. When I checked out was told I needed a transmission fluid change. I questioned the discrepancy between the two people. They could not offer one. They also would not give me a receipt because they are paperless. They said they would email it to me. I came home and checked my email. No receipts. After two calls to them still no receipt.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I went to Valvoline on Friday 2/23/2018 to have oil, rear differential, front differential, and transfer Case fluids changed and when I left I could not make it but a block or 2 before my Jeep started to act different (pulling back and forth) like the shifting was going out. Since this I have had my Jeep parked due to a family friend who is a mechanic stating the vehicle was unsafe to drive. Very bad service on this date.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I went for an oil change, and the employees could not have been more rude and insulting to me. First, they asked me 'Do you want me to change your air filter, I'm not trying to be lazy, but it's a pain to do.' I said no because I didn't want extra charges brought up and my bill to be higher. Then another guy, checking my tire pressure says 'Your front tire has high pressure, you want to get one of those things, it looks like a pen.' I told them, "I know what a tire pressure gauge looks like and I have one, thank you." So then, the assistant manager comes up to me at the end, shows me the oil leave and says 'Just so you know, your oil filter is a real pain in the ass to get to.' Really, this is how you treat your customers. The first time I went to the Groton, CT location, they were all pleasant and nice, I go yesterday and they were all jerks. I will never go back to this location and I suggest others do the same.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had an oil change done for my car on 1/2/18, nothing more than full synthetic and an oil filter. The bill came to $168.69, which seemed outrageously high. They said it's because my car is European (I have a Jetta). Even so, I have never heard of an oil change this shockingly expensive, and they did not tell me the price of it before going ahead. I called customer service to let them know I was overcharged, and the woman I spoke with told me I was in fact overcharged - she said the price was supposed to be 89.95. She said I would receive a credit for the difference and that I would get a phone call from the district manager who oversees the location I went to (Leominster, MA).

It had been a few days and no word from the district manager, no credit, so I called customer service back. They said the district manager made a note on my ticket saying I was "appropriately" charged and would only give me a coupon for my next visit. Not only had I not been followed up with about this, but I feel completely ripped off. I will never be doing business with Valvoline again, that was the biggest waste of money and customer service was not helpful whatsoever at resolving my situation. $170 is NOT normal for an oil change! That is stealing.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I brought my car in for an oil change, and was not told it required a 'synthetic blend' oil that costs $70.00. The service commenced, and only when I noticed the charge on the store computer did I say something. Then, manager, "Eli" refused to complete the service even though the motor oil had already been drained, rendering my car undrivable. I had to threaten call to POLICE to get oil put back in my engine so I could leave! DO NOT GO HERE. THEY'RE CRIMINAL and will leave customers STRANDED IF THEY DONT "PAY-UP!"

Valvoline Company Information