2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

TrueCar is dedicating to make buying a car “simple, fair and fun.” TrueCar’s claim to fame is offering consumers data on the “fair price” of a vehicle. The pricing data can be printed off in the form of a certificate and presented to participating dealerships in order to lock in a price on a vehicle. TrueCar only works with certified dealers to offer verified pricing. The TrueCar price does not include sales tax, state tax or federal tax.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

TrueCar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrueCar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrueCar?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Looks like they're going to give you a good deal on some used cars that look really nice, if it looks that good it’s a gimmick, I seen the same user vehicle cheap on the same site, but had found out just before I closed it was sold, or wasn’t really even available, instantly trying to get me into something else, the deposit goes up, they start telling you your credit is bad, they don’t honor the online buying policy, sanitized vehicles I highly doubt, all they care about is selling a car, if it works it works. Remember the used car salesmen are dirty rotten liars and TrueCar just advertises them in one spot, true car had tried to put Policy into place but it’s not maintained, I would love to fish out the scammers for you. True Car put me on your payroll to ensure people are selling what they advertise.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I was about to buy a car on TrueCar from Toyota of Surprise. They never did give me the actual cost for me to get the car, every time I texted or spoke to them they would just add another fee. I gave up once the price (as I calculated it) was close to $2,000 more than the "True" price. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Very helpful to negotiate price. I’ll use True Car again in my future car buying. Dealership met expectations. Discounts from True Car after you purchase the vehicle is a good deal. Their way of reimbursing your insurance deductible and the up to $500 repair assistance is one reason I have used True Car.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I was baited by the TrueCar price into visiting the dealer by phone call claiming I would get that price. I was then told the TrueCar price was only hypothetical and convinced to pay a slightly price to fatten dealer profit. I forwarded this info to TrueCar and got no support.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Looking online for a new car for my wife, I stumbled upon this website, obtained comparative info on new SUVs, asked for local dealers to respond with quotes, took the truly EXCELLENT TrueCar quote to the dealer, who honored it with no hassle. What more can I say? She's happy, and the process was a dream.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

TrueCar is a ruse by providing a lower auto quote at a connected dealership. Once you get to the dealership the price is higher. TrueCar does not send alerts that there is a price change for Honda SUV. I would not recommend TrueCar.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Truecar was a great experience, low prices, great reviews and easy to use. I would, I have recommended Truecar to friends as well as family. Try the app, it’s easy to use and receive alerts from dealers local and out of state.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

TrueCar was great experience. It made the process so much faster. We were able to narrow our search, arrange to see the vehicle and complete the purchase within very quickly. I highly recommend TrueCar! We will use TrueCar when we look for our next vehicle!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I have used TrueCar twice. Once to purchase and just this week to sell. Both times through USAA. I confirmed by phone the purchase price and that there were no add-ons. When I arrived at the dealer the price was $1895 higher, plus normal docs fees and registration. Arguing with the sales manager, I was told "TrueCar does not set our prices" and "we must advertise the lowest price to bring customers in"! I contacted TrueCar who told me "some dealers don't comply, there's nothing we can do."

I just completed the online TrueCar to sell my car. According to my TrueCar email "4 Certified Dealers want to buy your vehicle". There was a "certified offer price" but no details about the 4 dealers or how to contact them. I got an email from one dealer, presumably through TrueCar. After an hour of providing to them all the same information they offered $1500 less without even inspecting the car. TrueCar is clearly a scam to drive unsuspecting consumers to dealers so consumers can "enjoy" standard abuse from car dealers. USAA needs to protect its brand and discontinue TrueCar referrals!!!

Original review: July 11, 2020

This was my first online purchase of a new vehicle and it was by far the best experience I’ve ever had in purchasing a new vehicle. I received quotes from numerous Toyota dealerships in my state and I could pick which one I preferred to deal with and got the price that I was happy with.

TrueCar Company Information