2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (351 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Toyota Sienna

The Toyota Sienna is a minivan. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Sienna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Sienna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Sienna?

Original review: May 14, 2021

I have purchased & serviced at the dealership my multiple Toyotas and am a retired customer relations manager for an Indiana dealer for 25 years. My 2 year old 2019 Sienna that I have been complaining about the abnormal shifting since it was new and told by the dealer "it's normal for the 8 speeds trans", now has 80,000 hwy miles and the transmission won't pull itself. The van has now been at the dealer for 12 days and Toyota is only willing to pay for the parts and unwilling to replace the "known problem transmission" at a 100% goodwill. Even though there is a class action lawsuit active. I have been told 8 times a supervisor "Toyota customer advocate" will return my call to discuss my case and NO ONE has called back....ever. At this point, I have lost all respect for Toyota and will NEVER purchase or dealer service a Toyota again and advise everyone I can reach to do the same. Boycott Toyota forever and save yourself the pain & agony.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I do not recommend Toyota. Buy a Toyota Sienna. The most equipped is supposed to pay a lot of money. I have had many problems with it and I am sorry to buy that vehicle. The technology's very bad as if it were from the 90s. I have arrived at the dealer and for them everything is well. Very bad experience. I don't recommend it. I have a Denali 2011 and the technology is much superior.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Metal fatigue and manufacturing defect in Sienna hood support of Sienna has gradually growing with annual temperature cycle. It has reached to a point it is unable to It has now reached to the point it can no longer support its own weight and the bending moment is causing hood to wave like a flag, making the hood swing around the support hinge. My vehicle has been impact free and the crack in the hood had stated developing from inside support. Crack pattern is consistent with the microscopic crack in the sheet under the hood. Toyota agrees on the issue but says they are not covered after 3 years. File #**.

It will take a microscopic crack under paint 3 years before it is visible and has weaken the structure enough to be noticed. And if this is at one sheet it may develop at other places which is not in clear sight. Toyota does not provide support for any structural defect pass 36 month and that is inconsistent with brand image of this. I pledge for a replacement hood from dealer to protect trust and credibility and available to discuss or share picture. This issue is related with 2012 Model.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I own a 2018 Toyota Sienna minivan. I purchased it from Miracle Toyota of Haines city Florida. The plastic panel on the left passenger door at the floor has cracked. Miracle Toyota and corporate Toyota believe that I must have done something to cause this. That it could not be a factory defect. I have a 5 year old and a 13 year old that get in-and-out of that door. There is no way the weight of those 2 girls could have broke the floor panel.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I bought this 2006 Sienna in 2011, and it had 80,000 miles on it. It now has 208,000. I don't like the run flat tires, as there is no place for a spare in the van. However, when I did have a flat, I was able to continue driving it until I could get to a shop. The check engine light has been on for quite a while, and I have been told it is the catalytic converter and does not need to be repaired. However, the cruise control won't work if the check engine light is on.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

This has been my first time dealing with Toyota. They've been approachable and addressed any questions I've had. My car has proved to be very reliable and reasonably comfortable for the occupants. A nice array of amenities are also good for the price.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I have owned Toyota vehicles since 1995 and have traveled over 147000 miles with my present vehicle===Toyota Sienna. I am planning to add another 100000 before hanging up my keys.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We can carry lots of gear in our trips across the US. Sienna has lots of room to carry when we make our trips from AZ to NC every 6 month. It is a comfortable ride, but noisy cabin when roads are coarse. There is a substantial blind spot in the rear passenger side. Gas mileage is about 20-21 mpg. If you buy one, get safety package to detect cars in blind spot and lane change software.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Paid almost 40K for a brand new 2019 Toyota Sienna LE that comes with an air noise problem in the upper right front passenger seat. Toyota refused to remedy the problem! If you don't want to get a lemon don't buy a 2019 Toyota Sienna..

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

2018 Toyota Sienna Limited. My 10 mos old Toyota Sienna having transmission problem. What a bad experience with my family that the transmission was shut down in the highway. Running about 100kph and the vehicle at back almost hit us.. 12000km is nothing. Don't buy this vehicle.. I was very disappointed that I bought this vehicle.

Toyota Sienna Company Information