3.70/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Sienna

The Toyota Sienna is a minivan. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Sienna Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We bought a 2015 Toyota Sienna new, since then we have had to have the door replaced because of a recall handlebar replaced because of recaulked the window seal fixed under warranty because the rubber tread that keeps the water out came off every time we roll down the window that has continued to happen again and again without the warranty. Now I’m being told that the lifters have a problem and we are going to have to pay almost $7000 to fix the noise coming from the engine that’s going to continue to get louder and louder. I don’t understand how Toyota is getting away with this. It is an almost $40,000 vehicle. I am very dissatisfied. I will never buy another Toyota made vehicle again.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Bought CPO 011 Sienna LE with auto access seat in 013 with 35k miles. Basically a decent overall vehicle UNTIL THIS SPRING WHEN THE RIGHT SIDE PASSENGER DOOR DEVELOPED A MIND OF ITS OWN! Door would open by itself at random times, then started doing a jumping back and forth motion when you tried to open or shut it. Very dangerous if someone happens to get their hand caught in this cycle. Also door creates an unsafe overall safety situation when you lock it and go in a store only to come back out and find door wide open- easy potential carjacking situation. Recall G04 does absolutely nothing to solve this issue- it only addresses the door if it's frozen shut by overhead ice and then after ice melts or falls off the door would pop open while in motion.

Toyota is in denial, the dealership is in denial, the warranty is not being honored, the District mgr/Dealer CSR/Corporate CSRs, etc all give you the runaround- many unanswered calls, voicemails, email. Toyota admits no actual fix has been developed. The right thing to do is buyback all these accidents waiting to happen or replace all sliding doors with 017 doors or newer. Any company can make and sell automobiles but it's how they take care of customers when a serious safety manufacturing defect arises that shows you about their true nature- in Toyota's case Greed triumphs over Safety.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have owned a 2004 and 2014 Sienna. I bought both these cars new. On both cars the automatic doors completely failed. The door failures on the Siennas is well known to Toyota. Toyota WILL NOT repair the doors. They want $1,800.00 to correct their own engineering failure. This is the SECOND Sienna I have owned ten years from the first and the problems are still not corrected. Toyota quality is a thing of the past.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Some of its competitors are flashier, but this car is just... "right". Every time I get in it, I love it more. Comfortable, capacious, competent and (presumably) as reliable as Toyotas usually are. As the only minivan with AWD, it was almost a foregone conclusion, but no regrets.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The experience has been good. The vehicle has been a great choice for my family, it's lasted a long time with minimal issues despite the many miles I've put on it and I foresee many miles to come. It accommodated my family and best of all the models we looked at. I like the amount of storage/trunk space. I like the automatic doors and keyless entry the best, also the 4 wheel drive has been very helpful at times. Also the Toyota was one of the only models that came in black. I also think it is the only minivan that is available in 4wd. But I would make darker interior available, the only colors available are very light and seem to show every single piece of dirt. I would also changes the design of the headlights. They seem very dim and seem like they are pointing away from the roads.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Sienna?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have only had it (Toyota Sienna) for about 200 miles. It is really nice. I call it the Buick of mini vans. It drives so smooth and has an amazing turning radius and great comfort features. I love the heated steering wheel, the Blu ray system to distract my children and the blind spot warning. I also love having 4 tether locations to put forward facing tethered car seats.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I wanted a minivan to help transport my 5 kids. I chose this Toyota Sienna because it also has all wheel drive and I live in a region with snowy winters. I like all the family friendly features like the automatic doors and all the latch hooks. I also like the built in technology like the GPS and Bluetooth. However, I would ideally allow the video screen to play streaming videos, not just DVDs. And more realistically, I would put LATCH connectors in all the back seats instead of just some and more hooks or ways of making storage compartments in the trunk.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Toyota Sienna is a fine and good car. I like the various things about it like engine power, color, seats and the air conditioning. But it's old and I would so very much like to have a newer one. Also, I would prefer more audio features and automatic doors.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Toyota Sienna has lots of leg room and sliding side doors makes access to back seat easy. My AWD handles very good in the snow. The V-6 has good pick-up getting on the freeway.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I am the owner of 4 Toyota Sienna's and would not buy anything else. The performance is wonderful, gas mileage is about the same as others in the same range. These are well built and the interior is absolutely wonderful. I presently have a 2014 and it runs like a top. I am contemplating a new one in the near future and it would be another Toyota Sienna. The dealer I go to is Lemieux in Green Bay, Wis. and one couldn't find a better group of people. Great service and honesty.

Toyota Sienna Company Information