4.8/5 (165 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About SGT Auto Transport

SGT Auto Transport is a car shipping broker that works with thousands of carriers to ship cars across the U.S. and overseas. The company arranges moves for a variety of vehicle types and offers services including door-to-door, enclosed and express transport. You can get a free instant quote, and there’s no upfront charge. The company has a price-match guarantee and fully insures your vehicle from pickup to drop-off.

Pros

• No upfront payment
  • Full insurance coverage
  • Sunday discount
  • Express, guaranteed pickup options

Cons

• Broker only
  • No refund after carrier assignment

Bottom Line

SGT Auto Transport brokers customizable car shipping for all types of vehicles to nearly all destinations. Advisors guide you through the process, from getting a quick quote to filing claims. Transport takes one to nine days.

SGT Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SGT Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SGT Auto Transport?

Original review: June 15, 2022

SGT was fairly priced. The pick-up and delivery were very smooth. The driver got in contact with me. He called me when they picked the car up. He called me ahead of time when he was about to drop it off. He was professional.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Their service was good. Good communication, too. The driver called an hour before we met up. It all worked well.

Original review: June 13, 2022

We had a pleasure of working with SGT Auto Transport because of the excellent customer service and professional assistance they provided from the beginning of our conversation and until the drop-off time. We would gladly recommend this company for any logistics requirements.

Original review: June 13, 2022

They're timely, they offer a competitive price and they're good at communication. It was a great experience with their reps. They were able to schedule me quickly. There was some confusion about when the pickup would be. They said it would be picked up the next day, but it was two days from then. But they communicated that error to me on my behalf too. I got the number of the auto transport group. But when I reached out to the owner, I didn't really hear back. I was able to eventually get the driver's number and he texted me. It all worked out. I'd recommend SGT Auto.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I purchased a car that was in New Jersey. I looked at transport companies and SGT had the best price. The gentleman that I spoke with gave a very good rundown of how everything would work. They asked what was the earliest date they could pick the car up and I told them on a Monday. I got a call from the representative from the dealership on that Monday and he said, "He's already here to pick the car up." I was like, "Wow, that was fast." He left that Sunday night to pick the car up.

However, the driver told me that the car will be delivered on Tuesday, but he chose not to deliver on Tuesday because he didn't get back. He said it would be right when he got back. He told me he'd bring it on Wednesday. On Wednesday, I was given a time of when the car would arrive, but it didn't. I wanted to be kept informed of what was going on. When I called SGT to ask about the car, they wasted no time getting in contact with the driver to find out where he was and what was going on and why the car hadn't been delivered.

The rep called me right back and told me that he had a tire issue and said, "He should be there within the hour. Just be patient. He's on the way." In less than an hour, he was in front of my house. He was a very respectful young man. He checked it out to make sure everything was right. Overall, if I ever need SGT again, they are a company that I will use. Everything was very smooth. I was very pleased with their services.

Original review: June 11, 2022

The whole process was pretty smooth, and the car was picked up and delivered on time. The communication was good, and I have no complaints regarding any part of the service. Also, I was comparing, and cost-wise, SGT Auto Transport was $50 more than the lowest quote I got, but it still felt pretty reasonable.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had a chance to work with these guys once and again I was happy to get in touch with them again. I hope we will work more often in the future. I value quality business and friendly relationships. :)

Original review: June 10, 2022

My car was delivered from Baltimore, Maryland to Coronado, California. It took a little bit longer than they told us it was gonna take. They said it was gonna take seven days. It took eight. But it wasn't a big deal, though. The communication with the driver was all right. I could also look on my car app and see where my car was. I noticed it was in California in the same exact location for three days straight. I called him and said, “What's going on? Is everything okay?” He said, “Yeah. I dropped it off to someone else. Someone else is handling the drop-off.” I said, “Okay. Can you contact them and have them drop it off? Because we've been waiting.” The next day, we got it. Overall, it was a good experience.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I’ve had a great experience with this company. I have had any issues with them at all. Very good to talk to and to explain everything I need and what they need from me. I highly recommend everyone to use this company. Thanks.

Original review: June 9, 2022

SGT has been on point with each of the vehicles I have moved for them. Vehicle as described, locations and contact information accurate, and payment on time. Thank you to the team at SGT for being good to work with!

Original review: June 9, 2022

Dispatch was willing to increase the listed price when realizing the vehicle description wasn’t accurate. The Vehicle was much larger than listed. They were willing to work with us on price which allowed us to pick up the vehicle. Everything else went smoothly. Overall happy with our experience.

Original review: June 9, 2022

It is a pleasure to work with such a serious company, hope everyone will be like this super company. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you guys! FAST SERVICE PROVIDE and also fast respond to any e-mails you send. They are always there whenever you need them!

Original review: June 9, 2022

Working with SGT auto transport was an easy and smooth transaction. There were no issues when it came to the pick up or the delivery of the vehicle. Shipping a car should be this easy and simple every single time.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Great communication, great experience, we would like to work with them more in the future. Will recommend to other companies, friends and family. Will always keep them in mind to work in the future. I think with the good communication and expectations we can work a lot more in the future.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Fairly new to this industry so I speak to many companies. Contacting someone was easy and quick. Friendly and very professional. This has been one of the most professional company that I have spoken to and have worked with. Great service and quick.

Original review: June 9, 2022

SGT Auto Transport was great on levels. They answered the phone every time, communicated extremely well and last but not least paid on time. I would love to work with them more often. Great team. Great work. Kind, polite and patient.

Original review: June 9, 2022

They were communicative. I made a change and they were cool about it. Everything was great. The transport was fantastic.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Everything went really smoothly with SGT from setting up to transport to delivery. Everything was easy. The communication with the driver was also great.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I recently used them to transfer my car to my other residence and had no issues at all. The car made it safely without any issues. The only problem (if you can really call it that) was that my car was non operative and it was a pain to load it on to the truck. I would highly recommend their services.

Original review: June 7, 2022

The whole experience was painless and as easy as it gets. Driver was awesome. There was good communication from the company itself. Everything was clearly explained and the car showed up when you said it would. I have recommended your business multiple times due to that great experience I had.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We used SGT Auto Transport to move a car we found for my granddaughter from Mesa, Arizona to Hamburg, NY. They did a professional job: on-time pickup, drop off at the NY dealership where our son works, and not a mark on the car! We had an excellent experience and they were competitively priced.

Original review: June 7, 2022

It was a smooth, straightforward drop-off. Pickup was the same. They came to the address and dropped it off.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Setting up transport with them was simple. My experience with their reps was very positive. The delivery was also very good. They have subcontractors and the guy was very good.

Original review: June 5, 2022

It was an easy experience with SGT. The only issue was where I was getting the car picked up and where it was getting dropped off, the guy couldn't fit his truck. Since I left the car, somebody had to drive it out to him. As for the pickup, he had to stop on the main road to drop it off. But other than that, it went well. The communication with the driver was nice. I was able to text and get updates from him. I didn’t have to go through any kind of email. I also didn't get charged any more than they quoted me for. It seemed like a reasonable price.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Everything worked out great with SGT. They were great. Everything was in good condition, like it's supposed to be.

Original review: June 3, 2022

SGT had a good price. I spoke to them on the phone and setting up the transport was a good experience. Their rep gave me all the information I needed. The driver was a character. I spoke to him on the phone several times. He couldn't get his truck into my development. I had to drive the car outside to meet him. As far as the quote, it was accurate. It was also much fairer than some of the other guys. Some of these guys wanted $600 more than what SGT gave me. One guy said, “Oh, it’s gonna take three weeks to find somebody.” SGT found me someone in two days. So, I’m very happy.

Original review: June 2, 2022

SGT had the lowest price, but they had kind of a better timeline that fit when the vehicle was to be picked up and the transit time. There were some companies that may have been just a little bit cheaper, but it was a week-long transit time. We didn't want my son to be without his car for that long. We did run into one situation with SGT. They gave a four-day window from when we said we needed it to when they would pick it up. They were unable to meet that timeline. By the end of the fourth day, they still didn't have any drivers that would be able to pick the car up. They were able to still honor the same price, and they gave us a new four-day window, which ended up working out because we had an untimely delay in moving.

The driver himself, Moses, was phenomenal. He was very accommodating. We lived in an apartment complex. It was a very busy street, and he had a pretty massive hauler. He was able to work with us when we picked the car up to find a good location very close by where we could drop it off. He kept us up to date throughout the whole transport. Where we moved to was a very difficult spot for his trailer to get into. So, he and I were able to work together to find a good location for the vehicle pickup.

Original review: May 24, 2022

The transport was good. The people I talked to were very knowledgeable in safe delivery. I was satisfied because the car made it safely.

Original review: May 21, 2022

The price was high but it was reasonable. Signing up was very easy. I was told the pickup was very easy and seamless. They're quick and they did what they said.

Original review: May 18, 2022

It was gonna take 1 to 4 days for them to pick the car up and then they had 13 days to transport it. But they actually came a day early, picked it up and it took them exactly 8 days. The driver that was doing the pick up let me know that he would be picking it up when he was picking it up. Then they let my son know when they were about eight hours to him and then again an hour before they were gonna get to him to let him know that they were going to be there to drop it off. The communication was great and everything was smooth and easy.

SGT Auto Transport Company Information