2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I booked RoadRunner Auto Transport on a google search and when I realized they were local, I hired them to ship my daughter’s car. The overall experience was good in the end, it did not start out that way! I booked the car to be picked up on a Saturday and was then told no one had picked up the job. I thought that it was a guaranteed pick up, but was told in the paperwork I signed this could happen. My bad, I never really read the contract. They finally came to pick up the car on Tuesday. She needed the car by that Monday for a new job. In the end Louis was great! He got the car to California a day early! Kudos to Louis!! My suggestion is just read over your contract so there are no surprises. In the end, I would book RoadRunner again and request Louis for my pick up!!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Overall experience was good. Driver delivered car 2 days early. That was very good. Car in good condition. Only complaint as noted earlier was the increase in the delivery rate by $100 approximately. This happened 24 hrs prior to scheduled pick up. I felt that was unfair since I had a confirmation for one price and was charged another. Your company needs to make sure that a carrier can't change so close to pick up. 48 hrs prior I could accept but 24 hrs prior was like I got mugged and had no choice but to accept the situation. That being said the driver was very polite and communicated very well. Thanks. Jim **

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Good experience except for two items: Price hiked a little ($180) from original quoted price. I understand that the contract has to be picked-up by a willing driver but the possibility of an increased price wasn’t discussed with me at the time of booking. Not really complaining because the enclosed shipping service was impeccable and the car arrived in great shape, an extra $180 was probably worth it but it would’ve been nice to know upfront.

2nd issue was tracking. I always had to call to get this info. Maybe I was mistaken, but as I understood it at booking I would be able to track (locate) where my car was at any given time via the website and my order #. All the website ever said was “in-transit”, along with expected arrival date. It wasn’t a real issue though because I was able to speak with the driver on 3 or 4 occasions and he was happy to call me also with requested info. Bottom line: I was really happy with my experience; there’s just a couple things RoadRunner could fine-tune to make it an even better experience.

Original review: May 22, 2020

My daughter is an essential worker in Texas and desperately needed a car. I called on a Saturday and got a fair quote and an estimated pick up day of Tuesday and delivery day by Sunday. Wednesday morning a carrier wasn’t assigned and I was ready to cancel and drive the car myself, especially after reading horror stories online about carriers. However Wednesday afternoon I got a call that a carrier was assigned. The car was picked up later that day by a very nice carrier and delivered to my daughter along with some personal protective equipment on Thursday evening!! Wow. That exceeded my expectations. What I learned was to trust the process!!! Thank you so much!!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Wow! What a terrific experience. I live in NC, and needed a car transported from Nevada to my home. The original plan was to fly into Nevada, and drive it across myself, but due to COVID 19, those plans changed quickly. I researched a few companies online and through BBB. From my first call from RR to the drop off, I have been 100% satisfied. Although I was in no hurry, they found a carrier within hours, and my Subaru Outback was heading East the very next day. The price was quite a bit below what I anticipated. The driver was extremely courteous to my Nevada friends upon pickup, and I received the car in perfect condition on the morning of EXACT anticipated delivery date. And again, driver (J. ** with On-Way Logistics) was professional, kind, and efficient, AND respectful with the automobiles on his truck. Thank you to all involved for such fantastic care of my car.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

We had a great experience transporting a WWII 1945 Jeep! The driver shared that he had driven this kind of jeep before and was an expert on loading the jeep. We knew the jeep was in good hands! Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

RoadRunner was quick and easy with getting a quote online and they followed up with an email and phone call. Delivery was really fast and the car arrived on the date promised and in great shape. Definitely would use them again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Very professional and always on top of things. Every was very helpful and Mr. John ** (the transport driver) was very professional and excellent, kept me updated on every detail. I will highly recommend to anybody, it makes a difference when people go the extra mile like Road Runner Transport. I will use them again as well. Keep up the great work!! Many Blessings on the new year...

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I booked transportation for my 2 vehicles months ahead of time. I didn't realize that the date I gave wasn't a sure thing. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had communicated with us as to what was going on. Someone didn't show up to get our cars until 3 days later. This company was horrible about communicating with us. They kept promising they would call us with an update and they never did. When a company was finally booked for us, I received an email before I received a phone call. I will never use this company again. They caused so many headaches and made us late leaving town to get to our next duty station. If you're considering using Roadrunner, DONT!!!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Lauren, thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address these concerns. Before a carrier was assigned to your transport, when no new status update could be provided, our responses are unfortunately limited. Additionally, during transport we are susceptible to delays due to circumstances that are out of our control. For this reason, we always express that all dates associated with transport are estimated.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

From pickup to delivery it was a great experience. The cars were picked up by a professional driver and he informed me about how the cars would be shipped. The cars were delivered to AZ on time and in the same condition that were at pickup. Great job.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information