2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: April 16, 2020

Wow! What a terrific experience. I live in NC, and needed a car transported from Nevada to my home. The original plan was to fly into Nevada, and drive it across myself, but due to COVID 19, those plans changed quickly. I researched a few companies online and through BBB. From my first call from RR to the drop off, I have been 100% satisfied. Although I was in no hurry, they found a carrier within hours, and my Subaru Outback was heading East the very next day. The price was quite a bit below what I anticipated. The driver was extremely courteous to my Nevada friends upon pickup, and I received the car in perfect condition on the morning of EXACT anticipated delivery date. And again, driver (J. ** with On-Way Logistics) was professional, kind, and efficient, AND respectful with the automobiles on his truck. Thank you to all involved for such fantastic care of my car.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I was very happy with Road Runner transport. I was going to ship 1 year ago, but I was uncomfortable with the companies I spoke with. Recently my son in Joplin, Missouri needed our car. I started looking again, and came across the same mistrust for the companies I spoke with. Then I read a very recent review on Google about how happy someone was with this company. I called them and was very happy with how professional they were, how their price did not change as we spoke and planned the transport. The driver that picked my car up in California was very nice, professional and courteous. The transport was supposed to take five days. My son had our car in 3. He was happy I was happy. They charged my credit cards so there was no hassle with cash or certified checks. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

After the transfer case went out of my truck while on the turnpike in Oklahoma, my wife and I were stuck trying to figure out how to get our truck back to Missouri once we had been towed into Tulsa. My wife is who searched for a way to transport our vehicle and found RoadRunner Auto Transport. We set up the pickup and delivery dates, paid in advance and prayed there wouldn't be any problems. Minor hiccup with an unexpected snowstorm for the driver to get our vehicle but that was beyond his control. He picked up and delivered our vehicle as arranged with me. I couldn't be happier with the service, just wish it wasn't needed. I will be referring RoadRunner Auto Transport to anyone in need of their services in the future.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Unlike all of the negative reviews that I have seen posted, I had a very positive experience with American Car Carrier LLC. I had my son's 2013 VW Eos shipped from Alabama to California, about a 1900 mile shipment. I made the shipping arrangements with RoadRunner Transport and they contracted ACC. The driver, Wayne, called on Monday several hours before arrival for pickup and let me know exactly when he would arrive, and he did right on time. Delivery was to be on or before Saturday and he said could be there late Thursday or early Friday. Car delivered Thursday around noon.

Car was on open 8 car carrier and it was dirty, but I expected that. If anyone has ever shipped a car they should expect that and if they want one to arrive clean they should pay the extra cost of an enclosed/covered carrier. Since I had no bad experience with damage but to add to those that did, I do think RoadRunner and ACC or any carrier should uphold their end of the contract to speedily remedy damage claims, whether or not you pay for additional comprehensive insurance.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I contacted Road Runner transport about shipping my 280ZX turbo from my engine builder back home to me. They promptly gave me a call back, listed out their various options, then gave me a callback number to the same rep so I could review the options in email format. Once I made my decision, I called them back, completed the financial transaction. Next day, I got a call from the driver assigned to pick up my car, saying that he has reviewed and understood the shipping request, and he had already contacted my engine builder to pick it up. Smooth process. The driver also contacted me, and set up a good location to need up, so he could drop off my car, and his truck wouldn't fit where I live. Would recommend to friends, family, strangers, and car enthusiasts.

Original review: June 24, 2020

The service on this 2.5 years ago was GREAT. Today I called for a quote on a return shipment and this guy was AWFUL. I asked why the increase. Basically he was arrogant and was quite busy due to Corona so my business was not needed and told me to call another company and hung up on me. THIS IS THE RUDEST I EVER BEEN TREATED. He feels he can get away with it and probably will. This is the only way I know to try to get some dignity back. I will call another company. Too Bad cause the first experience was awesome.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I had a terrible experience. I spoke with Sean Brady to arrange the shipment of my elderly father's vehicle to me. Sean knew my father needed to have a time and date arranged and confirmed due to his poor health. Sean promised me 10am on June 9th. I repeatedly asked if this time and day would be for sure, he always replied yes. I booked the shipment. On June 8th I still hadn't received confirmation so I called. Sean would not answer my calls or emails. I called customer service and they said the date was not guaranteed. So I cancelled. They charged me $135. I called to ask why since they had broken the verbal contract which I also had an email from Sean as proof. The girl became angry and told me they fight with their customers all the time and win because the written contract says you get charged if you cancel. She told me they welcomed the fight.

I have continued to call and email Sean to see if he would help, but he won't return my calls or emails. In fact, since I paid he hasn't. I'm certain this is a tactic they train too. Lie to the customer until they pay then ignore them. Just look at Google reviews. I'm hardly the first. I've opened a BBB case and they did in fact respond with the written contract and will not honor the verbal or email one I had with Sean. I am an active duty military member with a family of 4, so $135 means a lot to me. It means nothing to them unless this is a tactic they rely on for income because no carrier was ever assigned, no time was lost, so they had no expenses. They simply train and employ tactics to rob people of their hard earned money.

Because so many military use car transport companies I feel it is my duty to ensure this company stops. I will seek counsel from lawyers in the military system and explore government channels to have them blacklisted. I will devote both on duty and off duty time until I feel this company has changed their practices. I will post this story on every platform available. Your representative wanted a fight, but my fight isn't against Roadrunner. My fight is for those who can't fight for themselves. I will attempt to protect the vulnerable against this scam.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I have submitted an order ** on 5/25/2020, promised pick up on 5/28/2020. Called few time and no action besides "we are working on it". Try to call the phone number and good luck speaking with anyone besides the online chat which you still have to wait over 12 minutes to get someone. I have waited 12 days, each time they assured me they are working on finding a transport and couple more days then the call came asking for over $600 more than the original cost. They called said, "We did not charge your card yet and you can cancel"!! How unprofessional and bad business. I wasted 12 days and now I have to start all over again.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Moved from California to Florida back in February 2020. After shopping around ended up utilizing Road Runner. Their fares were highly competitive. They kept me informed and the driver picked up and delivered the car within the times agreed. They did such a great job that used them again in May 2020 when shipping my spouse's car. Received the same type of service and the car again was picked up and delivered within the times agreed. Would not hesitate using them again.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Transporting 2 cars from PA to CA. The pick-up time 1 day delayed, but the delivery time 1 day ahead. We have to go to Walmart for the pick up and delivery. The driver, Shawn, is very courteous and careful with our cars. Thank you Shawn. We are very happy with your service.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information