2. Auto Transporters

4.1/5 (125 ratings)

About RoadRunner Auto Transport

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

Pros

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely pro...

Verified

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was o...

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: April 24, 2021

When my husband reminded me driving across the country with a one year old may be a bit more stressful than with grown children, he nudged me to look into car transports to deliver my mother's car in OR to our home in NC. RoadRunner Auto Transport was the first one I contacted. Catchy name was a plus, and then working with Nick ** just put me at ease. It took some time to find a driver for transporting the Dodge Journey, and was a little higher than first quoted because the point of origin was a bit out of his way to get there, yet it was all worth it. The driver Boog (his nickname) was an energetic young man who made quite an impression with my sister when he arrived to pick up the car.

She said he took pictures of it before he loaded the car up, including the mileage, to show the condition it was in at pick up. Had her sign for it and was on his way. I contacted him a couple days later to see where he was and to find out an approximate day/time for arrival at my home. Thought he had another driver with him and he said no, he was the only driver and was currently in Denver, CO. We had a quick conversation about the estimated time and day of arrival (two days later), that he would call the morning of the day of arrival and again when he was a couple hours away, and I hoped the rest of the trip would be safe and easy for him. I did receive a call the morning of the day the car would be here (a Thursday) and again two hours before he was expected to be at our home.

Boog was right on time and I was pleased to see this young, energetic, and very respectful young man come out of the cab, set up the ramps, and carefully guide the car down and onto our driveway. He advised us that the driver's window was sticking when it needed to go up and I acknowledged I had discovered that the day before I left and had forgotten to tell my sister to let him know when he picked up the car. Otherwise there were no problems at all with the car. I gave a bag of assorted munchies for the road, knowing that he would be heading out to the next destination. This was an absolute pleasant experience and peace of mind coming from a point of sorrow (the loss of my mother, thus transporting the car back to our home) and need. I would definitely recommend Road Runner Auto Transport to anyone who needs to get a vehicle from Point A to Point B.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Pick up was easy. Although it could have been done at the campus dorm, the driver and I opted to have the car picked up at a nearby grocery store which worked out fine. I did have some concern though when I was quoted a 4 to 6 day delivery, but the driver said he would get my car to my destination (Washington to Minnesota) in 2 days and I told him to please take his time. On the day of my flight, there was a cancelation and I wouldn't be in Minnesota till the next day. However, during the waiting period I received a call that my car would be there at 7pm that day, with no one to receive it. After scrambling and asking for some favors, I did get a friend to receive it. Friend had some trouble because the truck driver didn't listen to my friend's suggestion for a meet up area and got stuck and had to unload my car in a different spot.

Once I finally arrived and met up with my friend, I got to see the car. It was in great condition, practically the same as when I sent it, though very dirty but that was because it was an open carry. Worked out fine in the end, price was kind of high compared to other quotes, but I can trust this company for sure. If the delivery date matched what I was quoted, there would have been less of a hassle for me and the driver, because the hotel I booked had a large parking lot. Would recommend, but be sure you have backup pick up plans if there are any delays in getting to the destination first.

Original review: April 10, 2021

A friend told me about Road Runner because he had used it to ship his car from FL to CA. As I was making the same move myself, I decided to go with his recommendation over continuing to read review after review of different car transport companies. Overall the experience was good. I called and spoke with Nick who told me it would be $1095 total, door-to-door delivery (taking 8-10 days), and fully insured. I opted to go with some extra coverage for $95 because this was going to be my first cross-country transport experience and I was nervous about potential damages. He told me that the driver would arrive between 9a-5p and call me two hours prior. So far so good. I asked if we could ship it on a Saturday and he said yes, yes.

Fast forward a few days. I'd been checking the status of my shipment and still no driver had been assigned. No big deal, but I wanted to be sure it would get assigned soon because I was catching a flight to Los Angeles on Sunday. I got a call saying that the driver was assigned, but that he would pick up my car on Monday, not Saturday. The only reason I wasn't more annoyed was because in Florida I was at my parents' place due to the pandemic, so they could be there for the Monday pick-up. Had I been living alone, this last-minute shift in the pick-up day would've been a mess because I had a flight booked already. So fair warning: *the date you pick might not be the date they actually come to get your car.* Also the pricing is not set in stone and instead of paying $1095 it wound up being closer to $1160 (note: this is without the additional coverage).

The car was picked up, so all good all good. I arrived in California, waited for the car. 7 days of zen. The day of the arrival I got a call saying that the trucker is in my neighborhood. I stepped outside but no one was there. Hm. So I called again and was given the direct line for the trucker. I called him and he spoke to me in a frantic/rapid-fire monologue in Spanish about how he couldn't get into my street and he parked down near a random intersection, and he needed me to walk to where he was, and that it was getting dangerous. I thought ok, ok, slow down, what do you mean dangerous? The signal cut off.

I called him back. I said I thought this was supposedly door-to-door, but he said my street was too narrow (fair point, I had mentioned this to every Road Runner-related representative at every point during this process). I do wish I could have specified a better pick-up location near my house (there is an enormous empty parking lot), instead of walking blocks and blocks down and having to run across a busy LA intersection with cars zooming past me. Ah well. I went there, got the car, drove home.

Would I recommend Road Runner? Recommend is a strong word, but it was a decent experience. The reason it gets 4 stars and not 5 is due to the following:
    - I was told it would get picked up on a Saturday, but it was picked up on a Monday (no fixed date).
    - I was told it would cost a certain amount, but it wound up costing more (no fixed price).

-I was told it would be door-to-door, but I had to walk for ten minutes to a busy intersection and try not to get hit by other cars while I picked up my own.

Most of these reasons listed above might be more a result of the nature of the car transport industry as a whole, rather than a systemic issue within Road Runner itself. I'm not complaining, it could've been better, it could've been worse. Would I use Road Runner again? Yeah, maybe, sure.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I booked RoadRunner Auto Transport on a google search and when I realized they were local, I hired them to ship my daughter’s car. The overall experience was good in the end, it did not start out that way! I booked the car to be picked up on a Saturday and was then told no one had picked up the job. I thought that it was a guaranteed pick up, but was told in the paperwork I signed this could happen. My bad, I never really read the contract. They finally came to pick up the car on Tuesday. She needed the car by that Monday for a new job. In the end Louis was great! He got the car to California a day early! Kudos to Louis!! My suggestion is just read over your contract so there are no surprises. In the end, I would book RoadRunner again and request Louis for my pick up!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Good experience except for two items: Price hiked a little ($180) from original quoted price. I understand that the contract has to be picked-up by a willing driver but the possibility of an increased price wasn’t discussed with me at the time of booking. Not really complaining because the enclosed shipping service was impeccable and the car arrived in great shape, an extra $180 was probably worth it but it would’ve been nice to know upfront.

2nd issue was tracking. I always had to call to get this info. Maybe I was mistaken, but as I understood it at booking I would be able to track (locate) where my car was at any given time via the website and my order #. All the website ever said was “in-transit”, along with expected arrival date. It wasn’t a real issue though because I was able to speak with the driver on 3 or 4 occasions and he was happy to call me also with requested info. Bottom line: I was really happy with my experience; there’s just a couple things RoadRunner could fine-tune to make it an even better experience.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I would highly recommend using Roadrunner in shipping of my next car. They were on time, quickly and carefully loaded my 2006 Volvo XC70 cross country and shipped it from Atlanta to Orlando Fl at a very reasonable price. The car arrived at its destination in great condition and the client was very happy with the service.

Original review: July 14, 2021

When my original carrier plans fell through, Road Runner was quick to aid me in my search. Jonathan was honest and an effective problem solver. They worked with my timeline and got me in and booked in no time!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I was on vacation and my car died so when the mechanic told me they wouldn’t be able to fix my car for another three weeks, my only option was looking to tow it home. I was able to findRoadRunner Auto Transport and I got a quote within minutes. They scheduled my car within a couple days and it even arrived two days earlier than scheduled (TN to FL). Would recommend to anyone looking for a tow service.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I baby my cars more than I should do. Shipping our Corvette and Terrain 700 miles out of state was a tough decision. I called several companies. After talking to Eric at RoadRunner I decided to use use them. My cars were locked up when scheduled and delivered right on time two days later. The driver was terrific and took care of my cars.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I’ve shipped a car back in April 2021 from NY to CA with a different company. I got another quote from them for another car but the price was much higher and they wouldn’t alter the price for me. I called up RoadRunner - got a cheaper quote in 5 min so I booked. The car ended up arrival a day earlier than we were told. Make sure you get the full quote from them over the phone - prices may change from the websites generated one.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information