It's that easy Request Information
4.10/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

04/08/2019

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

04/24/2019

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

364 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 1, 2019

I would HIGHLY recommend these guys for transport! I had never shipped before and didn't know all questions to ask initially. Kristian was AMAZING - he was very knowledgeable and very friendly. I was nervous about the whole shipment process to be honest, but speaking with him made me feel very secure in the process. He was very friendly and kind... he answered all of my questions and explained things that I hadn't even thought of asking. He was extremely thorough and I knew everything to expect after speaking to him. He sent me the required paperwork at lightning speed so that I could lock in shipping rate. I received not one but THREE calls updating me about progress from he and other representatives. Highly recommend him in particular! :)

The carrier, Bob, was equally as fantastic! He kept myself and the party at the other end of the delivery completely updated about the status, where he was, when the pick up/delivery was going to happen... and if time had changed even a little, we received a phone call. When he got here, he was flexible and very friendly and kind as well. Really enjoyed working with him :). Both of these guys were incredible to work with... I can't thank you enough for what you did-a totally seamless and great experience all the way around!! I very much recommend these guys based on my experience with them! Kind of redundant but wanted to emphasize how great they were :).

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Far exceeded expectations. The need to ship my car from PA to TX arose suddenly and gave me very little time to arrange things. I expected it would be difficult and leave me without a car at my new job for up to 2 weeks. In fact, I was able to have my car picked up in the ideal window of time for me -- and it was delivered to me the day I arrived in my new location. Both pickup and delivery occurred within the window that was scheduled, and the driver called an hour ahead to confirm and be sure I knew what was required from me. They also did a thorough inspection of the car with me on both ends. Customer service was excellent from my first request for a quote through the follow up email after the car had been delivered. I did the math on what it would have cost my new employer to reimburse me for driving, and I discovered that it would have been virtually the same (mileage, hotels, meals).

Original review: March 13, 2019

This is my 3rd time having Road Runner transport my Porsche Panamera. The 1st time was from Texas to California, 2nd time as from Arizona to Virginia. Most recently I had my Panamera shipped from Northern Virginia to Long Beach, CA. Typically when I ship my car I opt for a closed container. This time however, I opted for the open container. I was not sure what to expect with an open container, but I am happy to say that my car came arrived in Long Beach with no issues. The driver was very professional and updated me every couple of days so I knew the timeline and when to expect delivery. Also, when I dropped my car off it was dirty on the outside as it had been raining and snowing in Virginia for several days. However, when it was delivered to me my car had been washed and air put into my tires. Thank you again RoadRunner for the first class service you provide. I am sure I will be contacting you again in the near future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The guy who came out to transport my vehicle was prompt and professional. He would initially do a check on the vehicle for scratches and bumps that was there before the move. He didn't say anything at the initial examination but called back saying that there were scratches and dents that weren't noticed in the exam. I thought that was pretty honest of him to point those out in my new Honda Accord, which I bought last month, otherwise I would have thought that those were the results of the transport. He transported the vehicle to the final destination: Minnesota (from Texas) earlier than the promised date and wanted to leave the final destination a day earlier than when I could receive the car.

I was kind of frustrated but I understood his situation, because there was a snowstorm headed that way. Fortunately, my apartment concierge was able to provide him my parking information, and he was able to park my car at a safe, designated parking space. Overall, the experience was good but I wished if he could have followed the itinerary exactly as it was discussed on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Started off questioning our choice... new experience to us. We were told our car could be picked up by Wednesday. We had the seller doing all the work at that end. Money had been transferred and we were afraid we wouldn't get it that week (seller off work). By Friday we had contacted customer service numerous times when Wednesday came and went. Told they had to get a carrier...and assured us it would be soon. We didn't know what was involved... and were finally told enough to make it clear. They were very responsive and professional.

We got notice on Saturday that it was being picked up... and figured it would be Wednesday before we got it as there was some distance to be traveled. Imagine our surprise when on Sunday... yes, SUNDAY we got a call he was 4 hours away. Very pleasant gentleman brought it here... Unloaded it and all after a long drive. Our ignorance was the only "problem"... but they soon assured us all would be taken care of. Can't recommend them enough!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Robert, thank you! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It brings us joy, we are as happy and you are. Thank you for trusting us with your Mustang.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Absolutely terrible. I had a pickup scheduled weeks in advance. Two days before the scheduled date they tell me they can't pick up the car on that date and wanted to pick up the car today, two days earlier than the original scheduled date. After I reluctantly agreed, no one ever called or showed up for the car, I called many times and could not get a hold of anyone. Their failure to pick up the car as scheduled cost me an additional $600 dollars since I had to do a short notice shipping with another company. Do not ship through RoadRunner Auto Transport.

Original review: July 13, 2019

The carrier transport that was selected by RoadRunner actually was so superior. We received our car within 1 1/2 days once they picked up our car. However, they did not answer our e-mails timely and did not give us up front information. I know there is mad exodus out of California but really add $300 and you will get it done is ridiculous.

Original review: July 12, 2019

After doing much homework on transporting vehicles for a long distance move, we went with RoadRunner and the decision was THE best decision we made out of all the moving logistics we were faced with. Communication was excellent, drivers were on time and cars were delivered flawlessly. Would use again and recommend to anybody.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have had several car transportations in the last year and Road Runner Auto Transport exceeded my expectations by far. My driver Kevin was in constant contact with me when he picked up and en route. Delivery was convenient and he made sure time and location was good as I live in a heavy traffic area of Chicago to unload. Kevin was personable and very professional in all areas and is an asset to your company!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My vehicle was shipped from Virginia to New Mexico in just a few days. I was actually out of the city when my vehicle arrived but the driver was very communicative in letting me know when he'd be arriving. Super easy service.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We were extremely pleased with RoadRunner Auto's transport of our car from Florida to MN. The people were courteous, friendly and very professional. Our car was transported quickly and arrived in good shape. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs to transport a car.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Hi All,

Please know that my Road Runner Auto Transport experience was reasonably priced and professional. No fanfare, no building themselves up, just quick, communicative, professionals who got it done! They have my highest recommendation and complete confidence if ever I need to ship a vehicle going forward.

Lancing

Original review: July 6, 2019

I recently used the services of Roadrunner Transport to ship my SUV and I was extremely pleased with their professionalism and expedience. As a military member, relocation is a constant and could be challenging, but using RoadRunner saved me at least 24 hrs of convoy driving with 3 young kids. I highly recommend their services!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Overall it was a great experience. The driver had some mechanical issues, but still managed to get my car picked up, even though it wasn't until 11:00 pm at night. Car showed up when promised and was in great shape.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

They are vampire to suck all your money. They charged me double to give me the name of driver right away. Instead they give the telephone number of another company. And I waited long to see a driver. They are thieves....

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Saeid, we sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred with your shipment. We are completely translucent that we rely on a network of carriers and our service ensure that all carriers we work with have been vetted and internally rated based on performance. We value your feedback and the chance we get to resolve any issues that our customers may have, a representative from our customer service team will reach out to shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Great service from the couple that picked up and transported my vehicle. They were accommodating when it came to meeting me at a specified time on the designated pick up day. Then delivered the vehicle in an extremely timely manner.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Everything went well. The only issues was that you guys claimed you had experience with my intoxalock unit and the driver had no idea how to use it. He was very nice and professional and we figured it out together but it was very stressful for me when he was calling me telling me he couldn’t get the car started.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Thank you so much for a great transport experience! We didn’t know what to expect as we haven’t had this done before but you guys and your driver made the experience great and helped us feel confident that our cars would get to us as expected. Thank you for everything!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I’ve used RoadRunner twice to ship my car across the country, I had no problem both times. They said up to 11 days to deliver but it showed up within a week or so. The drivers were nice and polite. Thank you.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Salesman and driver answered phone calls promptly and did their best to accommodate my pickup and delivery requests. Car arrived in great shape! I would recommend and use again. Price was competitive.

Original review: June 21, 2019

RoadRunner Auto Transport...overpromises, underdelivers. Promised pick up by a date, didn't deliver. Quoted one price, didn't deliver. More expensive. Both cars got damaged in transport - didn't compensate for damage to both cars. If you use them make sure you pay the extra for their insurance. You will need it. Dealing with customer service - slow. Claim service - poor communication. I had to email them. It was as if they were hoping I would simply go away and not worry about the damage to my cars. Top to bottom, terrible customer service, can't trust their prices or timeline, or their communication. They fail to follow through just about every step of the way. Find another auto transport.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Jeff, we sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred with your shipment. We have an extremely low damage rate and deeply regret the experience you've had with the carrier that assisted you. We have since discontinued using this carriers’ services. We are also very sorry that you had difficulty contacting customer service during peak call hours. For this reason, we have added a live chat feature to our website to alleviate the hold time you may experience on the phone, and to better assist our customers with quick responses. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and providing us the opportunity to address these issues.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

I needed to move a vehicle from TN to FL and began to go online to get quotes. The first quote I received was from RoadRunner Auto Transport (RRAT). The amount quoted was $665 (the HIGHEST out of ALL quotes I received). Prior to making a final decision I began to receive multiple emails and phone calls from various auto transport companies. Once I began to receive other quotes and to my due diligence and research on these companies I soon learned that RRAT was by far the most expensive.

On Monday, June 10, 2019, at 4:44 p.m. (EST) I received a phone call from RoadRunner Auto Transport. The Salk came from 832-648-2296. The man on the phone asked me if I planned to use their service and I told him I’d received a few other quotes that were at least $200 cheaper. He then tells me that I needed to do my homework on these companies. I told him I had done that. He then says, "well it’s obvious you have never transported a car before!” I then told him I’d shipped a car from TX to TN and had no problems at all. He then said “well if that company was so good why don’t you call them!" And HUNG UP IN MY FACE!

His response was unprofessional, rude, arrogant and MEAN! I was SHOCKED! I could not believe that he hung up and had been so rude! I believe I dodged a bullet on this! Thank GOD I didn’t choose to use this company! STEER CLEAR OF THESE PEOPLE!! BAD NEWS! RUN! DO NOT WALK! Find any other company to do business with!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We would never hang up intentionally as it is our policy is to provide excellent customer service. Our sales team is advised to inform customers who are seasoned as well as new to shipping about our no hidden cost pricing that may appear higher than other companies original quotes. We deeply regret that you chose to cancel with us and we could no longer help you to ship your vehicle. Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your comments.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This company did not live up to any of their promises their procedures. The salesman who supposedly was “my salesman” through the process never returned any phone calls. The fake person in the chat room online never responded to countless chat requests. The vehicle was not picked up on time and was then delivered 4 days late. And the RoadRunner tracking system never noted that my vehicle was picked up even after it had been. Thankfully the carrier maintained contact with me and through many issues never ran from me in getting the vehicle delivered finally. Although it was damaged but again they are standing by to reimburse me for all repairs. Use RoadRunner at your own peril!!!! They suck!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

John, we sincerely apologize for your experience with us here at RoadRunner Auto Transport. Due to the nature of transport and the unforeseen circumstances that may arise we express that all dates are estimated, and are very sorry for any inconveniences this delay may have caused you. Additionally, we deeply regret the damages that you vehicle has sustained and have asked that a representative from our claims department follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can work towards correcting this situation.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The transport of our two cars could not have been more perfect. The two gentlemen who did the transport were very courteous, professional and a pleasure to deal with. They communicated very well both on the pickup in New York and the delivery in Georgia. The cars were delivered on time and were clean upon arrival. I highly recommend Roadrunner Auto Transport.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Hello, We recently shipped our Saturn Station Wagon from Asheville NC to Sacramento, CA. Daniel was our representative - driver. He was a tremendous help. We have never shipped a personal vehicle before. He was instrumental in helping us with our questions and explaining the process to us. His total professional experience was outstanding. Many thanks for selecting Daniel to be our carrier. Highly recommend him in every way. Thanks again.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Transport of Pathfinder from New Hope, Pa. to Tuscaloosa, AL - I am extremely pleased with everything involved with the transport of this vehicle. There was absolutely no "glitch" at all. The two drivers assigned were professional, on time and caring. This vehicle was being driven to the U. of Alabama for my granddaughter's use. She arrived in Birmingham airport and would have had to wait for a friend too pick her up for many hours. Her Dad contacted your drivers and made arrangements to meet her at the airport. What a plus this was for her! I would recommend your transport to anyone.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The two drivers were great. They called early. They were friendly and extremely competent. Everyone was very impressed with the quality of the truck. My vehicle was a 1965 roadster and had a couple of special needs. They guys handled it no problem. I recommend them highly.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Driver who picked up the car was friendly and efficient; was in contact with me the day before and the morning of the pick up to coordinate details. Car was delivered in good condition and within the timeframe indicated. Some brief confusion at the final destination when when we were told that we had to bring a cashier’s check before the car would be released, even though the full amount had been paid in cash to the driver that picked up the car (and this was reflected on the paperwork). Fortunately a brief conversation with the driver resolved the problem. It seems unusual to me in this day and age that a credit card cannot be used to pay for a service such as this.

Original review: May 26, 2019

Car was not picked up on date scheduled. Had to pay extra to have picked up the next day. Transporter was excellent, RoadRunner was piss poor. I was called that they were picking the car up in Kearney, NE AFTER it was picked up AND delivered to Shelby, NC, Asked about it. There was no response. I know this will not be used but here it is. Charged and extra premium because you could not pick up on schedule. CROOOOKS.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Leon, we are glad to hear that the transporter we assigned to your shipment was excellent, unfortunately we do rely on communications from the carriers to relay information to you as we receive it. Sometimes there can be delays in information as well as human error and advise that all dates are tentative and subject to change. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Great experience again. This was my second time using this service and have referred a few friends to utilize it as well which also ended up satisfactory. I will continue to use this service on every move in my career and recommend it to all! Decent price and quick delivery with polite contractor drivers.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information