It's that easy Request Information
3.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff works around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

248 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My company has used RoadRunner on two occasions. We should've learned our lesson! On both occasions they quoted us and charged us a certain amount. After they did their job, they billed us and charged us additional fees. Tried to contest the extra charges and each time they said it wasn't their fault and they had every right to. If a company provides a quote it should be binding. Not up the charge because they want to/provided a wrong quote. Very dishonest, deceitful, and fraudulent company! Our company will never use them again and we've directed all our clients and colleagues not to use them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I contracted with them to transport a vehicle from Florida to Tennessee. They were a little on the high side in price, but my rep seemed eager and responsible. As soon as they had my money, all communication ceased. I was provided a tracking number, but it never changed, even as my delivery date pushed a week past the indicated day. All the while I attempted to contact RoadRunner, and despite reaching out to three different people, all emails and calls went completely unanswered. They kept me in the dark, and still to this day have not followed up. There is zero accountability here.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

1st time to experienced shipping a vehicle from WA to VA. The car arrived one day prior to its schedule delivery. I will recommend this company to any friends and relatives anytime. I just wish that customer can track your the exact location of your vehicle during its transit. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

RoadRunner provided a quote and estimated time of pickup and delivery. I was pleasantly surprised when I was notified my car was picked up a day earlier than anticipated and delivered the day promised!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

They claimed the delivery company would give a 2 hr notice before delivery. If I had not found out who was delivering it and called, I would not received my delivery because they had tried to deliver 6 hrs prior to me contacting them. RoadRunner was contacted before all this and never could get in touch with them, and would not give me the info to contact them, which I found on my own. The delivery was made at night, the driver the vehicle wouldn't crank...so he used the vehicle winch to load and unload it (after he had ran it out of gas). While backing the vehicle up the driver ran the vehicle through a tree/limbs.

The damage wasn't detected till the next morning. I filed a claim, waited weeks! And then they denied my claim. I will not be using this service again, and would caution others. The seller of my vehicle was unhappy with this service as well, although RoadRunner never contacted him in regards to this claim. It was minor damage - but nonetheless, it was done by the delivery personnel. After talking with others that have used them say it's a hit or miss in how well they work. But obviously their damage insurance is garbage.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Brett, We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had. Damage to your vehicle can be very upsetting and we sincerely apologize for additional stress this situation may have caused you. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address these issues with your carrier, as we rely on customer feedback to improve services in the future and give internal ratings to our network of drivers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

This is my third time using RoadRunner Auto Transport. I am more than satisfied with the service I received. The car was picked up one day before the pick up date and delivered two days before the scheduled delivery date. This was a coast to coast trip. The transport drivers took very good care of the car loading and unloading and kept me informed by cell phone as to when they expected to deliver the car. Billy ** at Road Runner was very helpful setting up the complete pick up and delivery.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Shipping my Dodge Stealth R/T/ Twin Turbo with your company was worry free and my car was also damage free, from pick-up to delivery it went better than expected. You answered my calls promptly and communication from carrier to the actual driver (Carlos) made me feel at ease. I will use your company in the future for any other vehicles that I need transported.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I setup a reservation over a month before my scheduled pickup date. I heard nothing and contacted them about 2 weeks prior to the pickup date. They stated a carrier will be selected 1 to 2 weeks prior to the scheduled pickup date. I then waited and recontacted again less than 1 week out and they said a carrier will be assigned within 1 or 2 days of pickup. Well that's definitely contradicting information. So I waited a few more days thinking that they must be reliable right? Well the day of my scheduled date, still no carrier assigned and no interest in doing anything about it or doing business with me.

Seems like some sort of false advertising that they actually do auto transporting. I probably contacted them 7 times and nothing. It's like a dead end call center that goes nowhere. I had to cancel and then I was able on my own to find a transporter to pick up the car in less than 24hrs since I was leaving the state and it needed to be picked up. I would avoid this company and choose something else more reliable and one that actually wants to see your vehicle transported.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

R.D, Were sorry that you chose to cancel with us, Due to the ever evolving nature of ground transportation carrier assignment typically takes place on or near your provided ready date, simply to avoid last minute cancellations. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

The service up front was great but once it was booked it was very difficult to get through or receive a phone back. This might have been because it was around Christmas and New Year’s. The contact with the transporter himself was absolutely fabulous.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

They did a good job on helping me book a shipment within a week, they've also helped me change my shipping date. There are calls and messages to let you know when you are shipping and expected time, so there is no way you can miss out. The shipment was delivered fast, it only took 4 days and 3 nights from east coast to west coast. The car was delivered in front of my door. Smooth experience overall!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I used RoadRunner to transport my car - a Ford Mustang Convertible - from Salem, MA to Seattle, WA. The driver came to pick up my vehicle at the date and time promised, and delivered the car a full day earlier than promised! My car was in perfect condition (though a little dirty from the cross country move) and my belongings were untouched. I'd definitely recommend using RoadRunner!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Customer service was truly excellent. The only minor hiccup that happened was that the truck arrived one day early but didn't let me or the dealer know. We were lucky that the required paperwork had already arrived by then but the situation could have been more troublesome.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We booked a transport from CT to FLA with pickup scheduled for Monday, December 31st. As my parents awaited notification that the pick up was on its way - no call came. I called six times on the 31st. 5 times there was no answer, so I left a message for a return phone call - no call came (still haven't been called 2 days later). In the one call that was answered the service agent said to be patient - they can pick up as late as 9:00. I also submitted 6 messages on the on-line live chat. None received a response. My parents and I waited all day and all night for a call that they were here to pick up their car. Nothing. As if I had never existed or never made the reservation. With this sort of unreliable service we had to cancel the reservation. This has been, by far, the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Denis, were so sorry to hear of your (and your parents) recent experience. Unfortunately due to the holiday this week we have been experiencing higher than usual call volume. We do however appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve our services for future customers. We are sorry that you chose to cancel with us and we could no longer help you to ship your car to Florida.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I chose RoadRunner Auto Transport based on reviews I had seen. When I booked my auto transport I had already been waiting for 3 weeks for another company to transport. RoadRunner assured me my request would be processed - and my vehicle would be delivered by the end of the week (4 days later). After waiting for 2 weeks and being told they were still trying to match with driver - I canceled my request. I will rent a car and go pick up my auto myself. Very disappointed. This added to an already stressful situation - having auto accident 350 miles from home.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Melynda, we are sorry to hear of the stressful situation you had to deal with. Sometimes there can be delays in carrier assignment especially surrounding the holiday season when drivers are in high demand and there is an even higher volume of traffic. We advise our customers that all dates are estimates and subject to change. We're sure this delay must have felt much longer due to the amount of time you had previously been waiting prior to deciding to ship with us, and we regret that you chose to cancel with us before we could help you. We do however thank you for giving us the opportunity to address these issues.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

RoadRunner calmed my concerns about the shipping process right away by maintaining excellent communication using voicemail and email. We also got to meet the driver Brian who was great providing updates during transit and took good care of the car. Many thanks again to Roadrunner and our driver Brian.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Choose Road Runner for transporting my Honda CRV. Customer service was very friendly, great service, easy to book, delivered ahead of scheduled and reasonably priced from Troy, MI to Sac.CA. Door to Door delivery. I will definitely using them again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The entire process from setting up the arrangements for pick up of the vehicle to changing the date of pick up down to the constant contact with delivery, every effort was made to please the customer. The driver was very pleasant and very helpful. Not one problem... no complaints. Will definitely use them again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I was very impressed on how professional and expedient was the shipping of my vehicle. In less than 5 days I received my vehicle in perfect shape. Ihar, the driver, provided experienced, professional, and customer-friendly service from Northern VA to Tacoma, WA. I'm forever thankful for all your help and service. Specially thankful to Ihar for a job well done!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Everything was excellent (scheduling, location for pickup, & timing) except for place of delivery which was a number of miles away in unfamiliar territory. I received regular updates, but delivery was at nighttime & I got lost. Finally found the place an hour & a half later. The driver was very patient, kind, and helpful. I am very pleased with the speed of delivery & the car was in good condition!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Betty, We’re delighted to read your feedback regarding your services with us here at RoadRunner. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the same great service for each of our customers!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I wish I could give negative one thousand stars. This was a huge loss. Also, I’ve looked through some of their reviews here on google- they are so obviously fake and paid for. They won’t return your calls when you’re frantic about your car that is six days late, after you booked WEEKS in advance. I got to pay over $1,300 to miss Thanksgiving with my family because of these people who don’t return phone calls and only chat online — talking in circles — refusing to give a straight answer (no yes/no answers). However, they have NO problem hounding you with phone calls over ransom money for the driver who wants extra cash payment because there are extra plastic bins in your vehicle??? The caring and thoughtful driver left greasy black handprints inside my brand new car!!! If you hire them, at your own risk. Consider yourself warned.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Susan we are sorry to hear you were unhappy with our services. We do clarify that all dates are estimated due to the nature of transportation especially during the holiday season, as well as the cargo weight limitations associated with your vehicles shipment. We very proud to say that all of our reviews are from real customers who are for the most part extremely satisfied, We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you’ve had.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your professionalism, care of my vehicle while being transported. I appreciated the up-to-date while my vehicle was en route and the pre-calls prior to pickup and delivery. Again, Thank you and your staff.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My vehicle was deliver one day earlier than expected, the driver stayed in contact with me after he picked my vehicle up from the dealership making sure that everything was OK, keeping me up to date on when it would be delivered to me. I really appreciated the quick and courteous service. I have no problem recommending or using RoadRunner Auto Transport again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

It was a great experience. When I called they return all calls promptly. Pick-up and delivery was right on time. And everyone I spoke to were polite and respectful. Answered all my questions. Definitely no doubt recommend to my friends or just in conversation. Will use your services for sure in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This was a good process for shipping my car. I had good contact for reserving the time to ship. I had to change the date after reserving a space and they were great to work with. The car arrived the same condition it was loaded and the driver was knowledgeable and experienced. This was the best shipping experience I have used and will call them again if needed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Every form of contact - phone, email, in person - in all instances professional, thorough, timely, polite, and friendly. Everything targeted quality service. I have already been sharing my experience with your company with both family, coworkers and friends. Thank you!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The driver delivering my auto called me ahead time and was on time as promised. Driver was very professional. I'd like to thank all those involved making this delivery very smooth and delightful. Great Job.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have RAV 4 and CRV PICK UP from Oakland California to Atlanta Georgia. The driver his name Lee, he’s great guy. He gave three hours pick up time, drop off safe & good condition, appreciated for his great service. Professional customer service. Thank you!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My whole car transport transaction with RoadRunner Transport was excellent - from the quote process, to the ordering, to the detailed and timely shipment updates, to the delivery. I couldn't be happier with everything from start to finish. The driver communicated well and I received my car on-time and in perfect shape. Highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is the second time I have used Road Runner - the first transporting from Miami to Philadelphia and now transporting from Dubuque to Miami. Each time the drivers were prompt and the vehicles arrived in excellent condition. I will continue to use Road Runner when I need vehicles transported safely and timely.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Catherine, I’m delighted to hear you are a repeated customer! We would just like to say thank you for being a part of the RoadRunner Auto Transport Family. We are very grateful for your continued patronage because we wouldn’t be here without loyal customers like you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

This company was faster and cheaper than any other company I found online. I placed my request and less than 16 hours later my Jeep was picked up and delivered earlier than estimated allowing me to have transportation quicker. The carrier was in constant communication with me and gave me updates on his whereabouts. I will be using them again and again.

RoadRunner Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Using a network of more than 3,500 certified auto transport professionals, Road Runner Auto Transport offers fast and reliable shipping.

• No upfront cost: Shippers only pay once a carrier has been assigned and pickup has been scheduled.

• Customer satisfaction: Good customer service can make the difference between a smooth delivery and numerous snafus.

• Guaranteed insurance coverage: Every carrier contracted through Road Runner carries at least $750,000 in insurance, so if something does go wrong, every vehicle is covered.

• Broker: Third-party shipping providers may not be as invested in customer service as the originating broker is.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information