2. Automotive
  3. Auto Transporters

4.1/5 (96 ratings)

About RoadRunner Auto Transport

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

Pros

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely pro...

Verified

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was o...

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: April 24, 2021

When my husband reminded me driving across the country with a one year old may be a bit more stressful than with grown children, he nudged me to look into car transports to deliver my mother's car in OR to our home in NC. RoadRunner Auto Transport was the first one I contacted. Catchy name was a plus, and then working with Nick ** just put me at ease. It took some time to find a driver for transporting the Dodge Journey, and was a little higher than first quoted because the point of origin was a bit out of his way to get there, yet it was all worth it. The driver Boog (his nickname) was an energetic young man who made quite an impression with my sister when he arrived to pick up the car.

She said he took pictures of it before he loaded the car up, including the mileage, to show the condition it was in at pick up. Had her sign for it and was on his way. I contacted him a couple days later to see where he was and to find out an approximate day/time for arrival at my home. Thought he had another driver with him and he said no, he was the only driver and was currently in Denver, CO. We had a quick conversation about the estimated time and day of arrival (two days later), that he would call the morning of the day of arrival and again when he was a couple hours away, and I hoped the rest of the trip would be safe and easy for him. I did receive a call the morning of the day the car would be here (a Thursday) and again two hours before he was expected to be at our home.

Boog was right on time and I was pleased to see this young, energetic, and very respectful young man come out of the cab, set up the ramps, and carefully guide the car down and onto our driveway. He advised us that the driver's window was sticking when it needed to go up and I acknowledged I had discovered that the day before I left and had forgotten to tell my sister to let him know when he picked up the car. Otherwise there were no problems at all with the car. I gave a bag of assorted munchies for the road, knowing that he would be heading out to the next destination. This was an absolute pleasant experience and peace of mind coming from a point of sorrow (the loss of my mother, thus transporting the car back to our home) and need. I would definitely recommend Road Runner Auto Transport to anyone who needs to get a vehicle from Point A to Point B.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Pick up was easy. Although it could have been done at the campus dorm, the driver and I opted to have the car picked up at a nearby grocery store which worked out fine. I did have some concern though when I was quoted a 4 to 6 day delivery, but the driver said he would get my car to my destination (Washington to Minnesota) in 2 days and I told him to please take his time. On the day of my flight, there was a cancelation and I wouldn't be in Minnesota till the next day. However, during the waiting period I received a call that my car would be there at 7pm that day, with no one to receive it. After scrambling and asking for some favors, I did get a friend to receive it. Friend had some trouble because the truck driver didn't listen to my friend's suggestion for a meet up area and got stuck and had to unload my car in a different spot.

Once I finally arrived and met up with my friend, I got to see the car. It was in great condition, practically the same as when I sent it, though very dirty but that was because it was an open carry. Worked out fine in the end, price was kind of high compared to other quotes, but I can trust this company for sure. If the delivery date matched what I was quoted, there would have been less of a hassle for me and the driver, because the hotel I booked had a large parking lot. Would recommend, but be sure you have backup pick up plans if there are any delays in getting to the destination first.

Original review: April 10, 2021

A friend told me about Road Runner because he had used it to ship his car from FL to CA. As I was making the same move myself, I decided to go with his recommendation over continuing to read review after review of different car transport companies. Overall the experience was good. I called and spoke with Nick who told me it would be $1095 total, door-to-door delivery (taking 8-10 days), and fully insured. I opted to go with some extra coverage for $95 because this was going to be my first cross-country transport experience and I was nervous about potential damages. He told me that the driver would arrive between 9a-5p and call me two hours prior. So far so good. I asked if we could ship it on a Saturday and he said yes, yes.

Fast forward a few days. I'd been checking the status of my shipment and still no driver had been assigned. No big deal, but I wanted to be sure it would get assigned soon because I was catching a flight to Los Angeles on Sunday. I got a call saying that the driver was assigned, but that he would pick up my car on Monday, not Saturday. The only reason I wasn't more annoyed was because in Florida I was at my parents' place due to the pandemic, so they could be there for the Monday pick-up. Had I been living alone, this last-minute shift in the pick-up day would've been a mess because I had a flight booked already. So fair warning: *the date you pick might not be the date they actually come to get your car.* Also the pricing is not set in stone and instead of paying $1095 it wound up being closer to $1160 (note: this is without the additional coverage).

The car was picked up, so all good all good. I arrived in California, waited for the car. 7 days of zen. The day of the arrival I got a call saying that the trucker is in my neighborhood. I stepped outside but no one was there. Hm. So I called again and was given the direct line for the trucker. I called him and he spoke to me in a frantic/rapid-fire monologue in Spanish about how he couldn't get into my street and he parked down near a random intersection, and he needed me to walk to where he was, and that it was getting dangerous. I thought ok, ok, slow down, what do you mean dangerous? The signal cut off.

I called him back. I said I thought this was supposedly door-to-door, but he said my street was too narrow (fair point, I had mentioned this to every Road Runner-related representative at every point during this process). I do wish I could have specified a better pick-up location near my house (there is an enormous empty parking lot), instead of walking blocks and blocks down and having to run across a busy LA intersection with cars zooming past me. Ah well. I went there, got the car, drove home.

Would I recommend Road Runner? Recommend is a strong word, but it was a decent experience. The reason it gets 4 stars and not 5 is due to the following:
    - I was told it would get picked up on a Saturday, but it was picked up on a Monday (no fixed date).
    - I was told it would cost a certain amount, but it wound up costing more (no fixed price).

-I was told it would be door-to-door, but I had to walk for ten minutes to a busy intersection and try not to get hit by other cars while I picked up my own.

Most of these reasons listed above might be more a result of the nature of the car transport industry as a whole, rather than a systemic issue within Road Runner itself. I'm not complaining, it could've been better, it could've been worse. Would I use Road Runner again? Yeah, maybe, sure.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I have used Road Runner Auto Transport many times to transport my vehicles from Santa Monica CA to Florida many times over the years, BMW per season. I've always been pleased. The recent transport of my additional vehicle from CA to FL was perfect. Ness, the driver was in touch via phone on the timing as he was near my home to collect & provided me with an updated status three days prior. The pleasant surprise was that my vehicle arrived two days early. I inspected it & checked the milage with the driver & all was perfect. I'm fortunate to have come upon Road Runner. They've always come through as contracted. No horrible stories about additional fees, late arrivals that I've heard about so much.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I booked RoadRunner Auto Transport on a google search and when I realized they were local, I hired them to ship my daughter’s car. The overall experience was good in the end, it did not start out that way! I booked the car to be picked up on a Saturday and was then told no one had picked up the job. I thought that it was a guaranteed pick up, but was told in the paperwork I signed this could happen. My bad, I never really read the contract. They finally came to pick up the car on Tuesday. She needed the car by that Monday for a new job. In the end Louis was great! He got the car to California a day early! Kudos to Louis!! My suggestion is just read over your contract so there are no surprises. In the end, I would book RoadRunner again and request Louis for my pick up!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Very pleasant experience end-to-end, from inquiry to delivery. Scheduling was easy, and I was able to reschedule with no problems when my plans changed. Pickup and delivery were on time, drivers were professional and courteous, and I felt at ease through the full process.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Anthony helped us get the process set up. He made the entire situation seamless. The vehicle was picked up and delivered exactly as scheduled. The vehicle was also still in pristine condition. This was shipping a vehicle from Oklahoma to Virginia. I will definitely use Roadrunner again. Price was also reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

In the Beginning the service was amazing. Once I paid and booked with Road Runner the communication was horrible. It was difficult to get an answer. In the end the car came four days earlier than promised. If the communication was better this would have been a 5 star experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The driver of the transport vehicle went out of his way to deliver the vehicle to our home since my wife is physically handicapped & I was still up in NJ. The only suggestion I would have is we did not know if vehicle would be delivered on Tuesday evening or Wednesday. It would have helped to be able to get this information online.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Updated on 09/03/2021: So... a manager from RoadRunner Auto transport was 'kindly' enough to contact me today. She started this phone call with, "so you have been writing these reviews." Immediately I knew that this company did not care about my experience and only about their reputation. Then she accused me of lying. Then I told her that I've saved ALL text messages and call logs about my contact with the carrier as well as multiple complaint emails submitted through their website and chat logs from their website. She could not say anything more.

What type of company calls a customer to accuse them of lying. Thankfully she eventually stopped accusing me of lying but only when I was on the verge of tears! My interaction with this company has been toxic, unprofessional and just a complete nightmare. I will NOT be submitting a damage claim (my trunk is unable to be opened) because I want nothing to do with this company any longer. I've suffered enough emotional damage from this. Enough is enough.

Original Review: I'm not sure how other people's experience is but I had the worst experience imaginable. It was a nightmare. Oh and the carrier also broke my trunk. So this is NOT my first time booking with an auto transport company. I booked with another auto transport before and had WONDERFUL experience with them. The carrier was confirmed 2 weeks ahead of time and I only paid 800 dollars from NY to TX. However, for this shipment, I decided to book with Roadrunner to transport another car from NY to TX. I thoughtt, it would be a better experience since this is a larger company with lots of experience and I've seen their trucks near my neighborhood. I was so wrong...

I booked about one month ahead of my expected pick up date for an estimated cost of 1400 dollars. I checked multiple times before the pick up date to make sure we are still okay but I was told no carrier will be assigned until 48 hours prior to the estimated pick up date (which looking back on it, seems to be a red flag). At 48 hours prior to the shipment dates, the company emailed me to ask me to call them to accept a carrier. So I called and found out that in reality, the cost is now OVER 1700 dollars. Then I thought, maybe the experience will be better since they are more expensive. I was very wrong.

My initial pick up date was 8/14. The carrier (Troup Trucking company) contacted me on 8/13 and told me that they will be there tomorrow (8/14). On 8/14, I waited at home all day but no one came so I contacted them. They said that their truck was broken and it is in the shop so they will come on 8/15. On 8/15, I waited again, all day, for them. But no one came again... This went on for more than 4 days before they actually were able to pick up my car.

While en route, the truck, carrying my car, broke down multiple times. So the delivery date was delayed by more than 4 business days. I got my car a little bit over 10 days after pick up. There was more miles on my car and I was told by the truck driver that he had to drive my car multiple times due to the issue with his truck. Even though the service states 'door to door.' I did not get door to door service. I had to pick up my car over 30 minutes away when there is a Walmart <10minutes away from my house>. The carrier's excuse is because his truck is broken... His truck broke 2 times prior to picking up my car and another 2 times after picking up my car. I don't understand how the trucking company is so irresponsible of having an actively breaking truck on the road.

Prior to the transport. My car's trunk is able to be opened freely. On the day of pick up I cannot open my trunk at all. Now my car's engine is having issues (3 days after pick up and I've driven it twice... once to home from Walmart and another to go to work which is 5 minutes away). I have contacted Roadrunner multiple times to discuss my issues but not once did they show respect and compassion toward my suffering. Now I have so much emotional distress just thinking about what I've been through and the damage THIS company has caused me. I could not work multiple days because the delays done by the trucking company and now I have a broken car that again I need to pay to fix. I paid them over 1700 dollars to break my car and create such emotional toxic 2 weeks for me.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information