4.6/5 (71 ratings)

About RoadRunner Auto Transport

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

Pros

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely pro...

Verified

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was o...

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: June 6, 2022

Our truck was picked up as expected but not delivered as promised. The driver called us stating that he could not deliver it to the address we provided because the streets in Siesta Keys are too narrow - that part is understood - and that the only choice was for us to pick it up June 2 at the main office. We arrived from New York at 9:30 pm on June 1st to the rental home. We had no way to go anywhere to get food and we had no clothes. Our luggage was in the truck. The morning after we called the main office and we were told that someone could have driven the truck to the house the night we arrived but THE DRIVER had told them that we had decided to pick it up the morning after. So… 30 dollars later paid for the taxi ride we got our truck at the main office. Other than that the truck was in good condition…. No complaints about that.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2022

My car was transported from New Jersey to Clearwater Florida. From the first point of communication with Road Runner to the end it was always professional. I interacted with several reps before making my decision to trust them with my transport and every time they answered all of my questions and went into in depth answers giving me assurance I could trust them every part of the way. The transporter was so nice and stayed in contact with me regarding my vehicle, also provided photos. My car was clean and intact upon delivery. I give 5 stars across the board! And I have already recommended Road Runner to a family member. Thank you so much!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I needed to send a car to my son in Virginia. I went online and saw the RoadRunner ad and called them. I got a competitive price and booked it. I called on 3/11 to bookcar-on 3/14 they called back with a pickup date of 3/18 and a delivery date of 3/22. That is exactly what happened -car picked up 3/18 and delivered actually late 3/21. Safe and sound as promised. If you need to ship a vechicle I would highly recommend roadrunner to arrange your transportation and delivery. Very pleased to find a business you can actually depend on what they tell you to be true. Bob C.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I recently had to have a vehicle transported from Florida to Sacramento California at last minutes notice, I Googled it RoadRunner came up. I called them and with no hassle no issues at all. They set it up, they gave me a great quote, that was it.. The next day I got a message that a driver accepted it. They gave him my information. He was in contact with me. Very nice. Showed up when he said he was going to show up, picked up the vehicle, got it to Sacramento safe and sound. No issues. Car was fine. The truck driver was awesome, very polite, clean not dirty, and took care of my vehicle. So if you're looking for a Transport company roadrunner's the way to go. Thank you so much...LD

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I had been preparing for the possibility of needing to move my daughter's lifted 4x4 Tahoe from Medford, Oregon to Southern California for a couple months. When I made the initial inquiries of transport companies, Roadrunner was quick to respond, and continued to periodically followup, but not harassingly. Then abruptly I needed them. I called, they honored the quote from a few months earlier, and picked up the vehicle the next day. In less than 24 hrs after the pickup in Medford, Oregon, the vehicle was in my driveway in Southern California. I appreciated the text messages on pickup and delivery status. Roadrunner was great, the price was reasonable, and their customer service was spot on. They took a load off my shoulders when I needed them.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I have used RoadRunner transport 3 times in the past few years. Always happy with their service. Prompt, easy to reach, responsive, and they take care of your car! All 3 shipments of mine have been cross-country, and they have been great. Couldn't ask for better service!

Original review: June 7, 2022

Everything went smooth. Delivered early. Would like to have a little more information with the order. Things like Can I leave a box or two in the car. Also how the pick up and drop work would have saved me a phone call or two.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Our driver, Ovi was professional and expedient. He was flexible with his pickup timing and extremely helpful. He went above and beyond by sending updates when I requested them. He seemed to have a very good understanding of the cars he was carrying. I felt comfortable knowing he was going to take care of my car as if it were his own. Outstanding work by an outstanding driver.

Original review: June 3, 2022

We had our vehicle shipped from Florida to North Carolina. Our transporter was very communicative and friendly! I reached out to many different shippers and felt comfortable with Roadrunner due to their high volume of shipments weekly. We will be using roadrunner again for our next move.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Arrived in a few days. Driver called day before and day of delivery. Everything was very good about the service. No hassles at all. Easy booking and payment. Taken care of with no extreme questions and answers. Was easy to book and pay. No hidden costs.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information