It's that easy Request Information
3.37/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff works around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

191 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

RoadRunner was good about wanting my business but had to contract out due to needing covered trailer. I’d try to contact someone there before the cars were picked up but sometimes hard to reach them. All in all, it was a good experience.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Carolyn,We regret hearing you had difficulty communicating with us during our normal business hours. We are currently making internal changes to improve our services. Your feedback is valuable to us, thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was very pleased with RoadRunner Transport and would absolutely recommend and use your company again!!! The driver was terrific, and the car arrived on time and in excellent condition. Again, RoadRunner would be the only transport I would hire if/when needed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The entire process was handled professionally and expeditiously. The vehicle was picked up and delivered on time, communication was clear and everyone I spoke with was very pleasant. There were no surprises and every expectation was met or exceeded. I will definitely recommend RoadRunner to anyone with shipping needs.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Dutch, Thank you for taking the time to share your shipping experience with others. We’re so happy that you were satisfied with our services and look forward to shipping your next vehicle for you!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Person assisting with order was very helpful. Communication with driver was excellent. Driver clearly experienced in the transport of vehicles. Driver’s transport equipment was first-rate. I would not hesitate recommending RR.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The person that took my order was very friendly and helpful and showed great compassion. We scheduled a pick up for friday and they actually was able to locate a driver for wednesday. When the driver came, he was friendly, professional, made me laugh and text me as he said that he would when he was close. My car was delivered in great condition and safe.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you Nichelle, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Great folks to work with! The whole process took less than a week (and the Scout was almost 1,000 miles away). They kept me informed of any changes or possible delays and always called back promptly if I had a question. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I just wanted to let you know what excellent service I received from RoadRunner Auto Service. From the beginning, while booking my reservation, the customer service I received and pricing was great. When the time came to transport my vehicles, the customer service was excellent from the beginning, picking up the vehicles. While on the road, the driver kept me up to date on his location, to the delivery. I was also supplied with photos of all scratches prior to pick-up of my vehicles. I would highly recommend Road Runner to your transportation needs.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you, Debbie. Your comment regarding the service you received is very important to us. Your feedback is appreciated, and we are delighted to hear you had a great experience with Roadrunner Auto Transport.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Transporting a 79 Lincoln continental - Easy to set up. Car was picked up a lot sooner than I thought and delivered next day. Wow. Driver was great, careful, courteous, polite. It was a nice experience that I will renew.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

It was fantastic. Everyone was so nice and helpful and answered all questions. The driver was GREAT. He was so nice and personable. I love it and I will recommend it to anyone who needs to transport their car.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Demetrianna, we’re delighted to read your feedback regarding your services with us here at RoadRunner Auto Transport. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Our cars arrived in exactly the same condition as they were loaded and in an extremely quick fashion. I did not expect such a quick turnaround for the distance the vehicles had to travel. Seattle to Austin in 4 days time! I would definitely recommend using this service to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

By far one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. On time, quick, always notified me of any issues and definitely took excellent car of my car. Looking forward to using this company's service again this year!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you, We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to deliver the great service you needed. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have had to transport cars across the country a few times and I have always had a bad experience. Roadrunner was professional from the very beginning and the transporter that handled my car was amazing. Kind and kept me in the loop with where my car is and when it’ll be showing up. I HIGHLY recommend using this company!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Started off questioning our choice... new experience to us. We were told our car could be picked up by Wednesday. We had the seller doing all the work at that end. Money had been transferred and we were afraid we wouldn't get it that week (seller off work). By Friday we had contacted customer service numerous times when Wednesday came and went. Told they had to get a carrier...and assured us it would be soon. We didn't know what was involved... and were finally told enough to make it clear. They were very responsive and professional.

We got notice on Saturday that it was being picked up... and figured it would be Wednesday before we got it as there was some distance to be traveled. Imagine our surprise when on Sunday... yes, SUNDAY we got a call he was 4 hours away. Very pleasant gentleman brought it here... Unloaded it and all after a long drive. Our ignorance was the only "problem"... but they soon assured us all would be taken care of. Can't recommend them enough!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Robert, thank you! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It brings us joy, we are as happy and you are. Thank you for trusting us with your Mustang.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This was a good experience and part of an overall move to another state. Booking was simple and responsive and the price was fair given the distance of the transport. Pick up was timely as was the drop off. This is the 3rd time I used RoadRunner and will use them again if the need arises.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Vincent, Great feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service. Your loyalty is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Excellent experience after two or three tries locating a driver. Driver arrived within 2 minutes of when he estimated arrival and drove straight through and delivered auto at 7 am the next day and was very personable and professional.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

A bit expensive, but they moved my truck and my sister's handicap van across the country in less than a week, with no damage. I'm impressed and would use them again. My only complaint is that they picked the vehicles up at 9:00 at night in CA and delivered them at midnight in NC.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you, Edward. Your comment regarding the service you received is very important to us, your feedback is appreciated. We apologize about any inconvenience that might of caused you. We will address this issue accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Great, friendly service on both pickup and dropoff. Was able to schedule pickup with ease and the driver contacted me the day before to confirm, as well as the day of pickup in order to finalize the pickup window. Additionally, the drop-off and retrieval of my vehicle was simple as the driver gave me approximate dates beforehand, finalized the pickup times the day before, and coordinated pickup the day of through text. All in all great service and price.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We appreciate your feedback, Steven! Thank you for taking the time to share your shipping experience with others. We’re happy that you were satisfied with our services.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We hired RoadRunner Auto Transport to move our car instead of driving separately across the country. We closed on our house and were in the parking lot of a hotel on a 90-degree day with 3 dogs and a cat waiting for them to pick the car up as scheduled. We had scheduled it for the day before, but received an email late that night saying they had moved it to the following day. No explanation or apology - just did not pick the car up. It was rescheduled for the day we were waiting, but we had heard nothing and could not reach them on the phone (a common complaint, you will read).

When we finally did, we were told they had rescheduled it for the following day. Two full days after it was scheduled, and a full day after their first re-scheduling. After a bit of back and forth, the hotel manager graciously agreed to keep the keys so he could hand off the car, enabling us to get started on our trip. So off we went. They did pick up the next day, which was 2 days later than scheduled. 12 days later, we still don't have it. Trying to get information about its location has been a nightmare. While still in the window of time (11/8 was end of delivery window), not knowing the location has been stressful. Though our cell number is on the form, they repeatedly called a home # that had been disconnected, since we moved.

Instead of trying the cell, they delivered the car to a town 30 minutes away and we are expected to pick it up. At each turn, staff is rude and dismissive. Judging by our experience, they do not care about the customer in the least. So now we're faced with driving across town on a day we need to be working and unpacking to pick up a car we PAID TO HAVE DELIVERED TO OUR HOME. It shocks me that these practices are acceptable to this company. I cannot say enough negative things about RoadRunner Auto Transport. I strongly advise using someone else. Anyone else, really. We certainly will when we transport our families' cars out in a few months.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Unfortunately, during transport, we are susceptible to delays due to circumstances that are out of our control. For this reason, we express that all dates associated with transport are estimated, we can never guarantee specific dates, as stated in the terms of service agreement. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had, we imagine how stressful it must have been for you. We do sincerely apologize. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share these comments. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our services for future customers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

From help on the phone all that spoke with were very kind. The semi and drivers were very nice and answered all my questions. 2007 Nissan Sentra car arrived to destination 3 days early. The driver who delivered had a language barrier! Overall awesome???

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Second time using RoadRunner. The agents are friendly and get the job done. They found a driver for me that accommodated my travel schedule and who could do the pickup before I left for a work trip in 2 days. They made it from NY to FL in just over 2 days and arrived in FL when promised. I will use them again when my car goes back to NY in the spring.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We’re delighted to read your feedback regarding your services with us here at RoadRunner Auto Transport. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Rob was my sales contact and he was great... informed, positive and helpful. Customer service was impossible to get in touch with. When I finally did... I was not impressed with their attitude. I finally went back to Rob and he had an associate call with the details of the process and when to expect a call regarding the carrier and pick up time. He was great! William was my carrier and I cannot speak highly enough about him and his partner... wonderful, efficient... a joy to deal with. Excellent service. My car was delivered in 4 days! Customer service was superb from the sales team and carrier... not the customer service department.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Deborah, thank you! Your feed back is greatly appreciated.Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and for giving us the opportunity to address these issues. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use to improve our services.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

RoadRunner did a great job transporting my new car from Ohio to Texas. They stayed in great communication with me during the process. They arrived early and the car was in perfect shape! I would use them anytime I need to move a vehicle.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you, David. Happy to provide you with great service. Your loyalty is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

A little background about me, I have used this company twice and have had friends and family who have used it 3 times. I'm a nurse, so I know how to work with difficult people. I was lied to multiple times throughout this experience. Their shipping dates are "estimated", which I understand completely. However, the company disregarded any of my opinions and meet their needs. They lied to me so many times, I had to change my flights and lose out on wages because of their negligence. I tried to reach out to customer service, I called about 30 times, left voicemail (in tears) and was never sufficiently helped. To this day, I never heard back from the man that sold me the shipping - Zach ** extension **.

Zach ** is money hungry and could care less about your experience. I left him personal 5 voicemails trying to get answers and was never given a callback. Moving is stressful enough, the last thing you need is someone being reckless with your personal belongs not to mention, your hard earned money. This business has 0 integrity. The lies they told me resulted in over a thousand dollars of additional damages that they refuse to cover. Please do your research on this company and don't end up with 1000 of dollars of damages like me.

I made a claim with their management because of the result in damages from using their company. Their answer was "it's he said vs she said", so basically even though they are in the wrong it's impossible to get proof over the phone. I am so sad that this company took advantage of me and my hard earned money. Take your business to someone that values you as a customer. Or at least cares enough to pick up the phone and help.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Megan, we’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

This was my first experience having a car moved & I was apprehensive about doing it. RoadRunner made it very easy from start to finish. Tony took excellent care of my car. He delivered it on time & unharmed.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you Cathy, We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to deliver the great service you needed. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Transport of my 2007 PT Cruiser - From Wenatchee, WA to Boring, Or. Not a typical route! But this team took my request and communicated constantly as they lined up the carrier, and arranged the transport. Their choice of carriers was wonderful. No complaints on either end. It was delivered on time, with no issues. Great company.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you Michael, your feedback is highly appreciated.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Multiple promises that were not kept along with horrible communication made this one of the worst consumer experiences I have ever had. They also treat their sub-contract drivers in the same manner. We could not get a pick-up of the car even though we offered them a 3 day window. They finally picked up five days late, and two days later another driver called asking where the car was. We informed him that it was picked up two days prior so he wasted a trip and did not get the work.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Dennis, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Unfortunately there was a delay in assigning a carrier as this route is not being frequented by our carriers. Unfortunately we express that all dates associated with transport are estimated for reasons like these. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you. Thank you for your feedback it will aid us in better serving our customers in the future.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I was really impressed with Nick. I was just doing some research into shipping the car and out of all the sites he was the only one to contact me, several times. To be honest that's why I used you. It wasn't cheaper but I felt like Nick seriously wanted my business. When I got contacted about my first driver I was told he wanted cash on delivery. Well I was sending the car to my son for a gift so I couldn't do that. I felt like that was frustrating to the gentleman on the phone but I guess it wasn't since two days later we had a driver and it was delivered the very next day. My son was thrilled. Thanks guys.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

This is by far the worst company I have ever done business with. If I could give negative stars I would. They did not pick up or deliver in the timeframe agreed upon. I was called daily to book; after that the customer service was non-existent. They do not post customer service hours and only answer calls 1 out of 4 times. When you do manage to speak to someone they say they cannot give you precise information.

The online tracking is a joke, I had to confirm my car pick up from the auto shop where they did the repair. I was told I would get my car yesterday, the online tracking still shows pending and there is no answer on the phone to RoadRunner. They charged my credit card before picking up the car so I have no recourse there. I am still waiting for my car... I guess the only way to get it back is to file a police report? I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, not that it will do any good other than making me feel like my voice is heard; RoadRunner certainly isn’t listening.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response
Tiffany, we are sorry you did not receive your shipment as promptly as you expected. We experienced many orders, which disrupted our anticipated delivery schedule. Unfortunately, we are susceptible to delays during transport.

We do express that all dates associated with transport are tentative and estimated. We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

RoadRunner shipped my car across the country. Everyone I dealt with was professional, nice, and accommodating. Even when I wasn't able to meet them at their proposed time to retrieve my car, they quickly and efficiently changed the date to meet my request. The car arrived in the exact same condition as when I gave it to them. I would highly recommend RoadRunner to anyone who needs to ship their car.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response
We appreciate your feedback, Mark! We aim to provide the best service for our customers! Thank you for taking the time to share your shipping

experience with others.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The service was easy, simple, and painless. Everyone was honest and accurate, and I had no issues whatsoever. My one and only complaint is that it was so expensive. $1400 is sooo much money. My car only valued at slightly more than that haha.

RoadRunner Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Using a network of more than 3,500 certified auto transport professionals, Road Runner Auto Transport offers fast and reliable shipping.

• No upfront cost: Shippers only pay once a carrier has been assigned and pickup has been scheduled.

• Customer satisfaction: Good customer service can make the difference between a smooth delivery and numerous snafus.

• Guaranteed insurance coverage: Every carrier contracted through Road Runner carries at least $750,000 in insurance, so if something does go wrong, every vehicle is covered.

• Broker: Third-party shipping providers may not be as invested in customer service as the originating broker is.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information