2. Auto Transporters
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Unlike all of the negative reviews that I have seen posted, I had a very positive experience with American Car Carrier LLC. I had my son's 2013 VW Eos shipped from Alabama to California, about a 1900 mile shipment. I made the shipping arrangements with RoadRunner Transport and they contracted ACC. The driver, Wayne, called on Monday several hours before arrival for pickup and let me know exactly when he would arrive, and he did right on time. Delivery was to be on or before Saturday and he said could be there late Thursday or early Friday. Car delivered Thursday around noon.

Car was on open 8 car carrier and it was dirty, but I expected that. If anyone has ever shipped a car they should expect that and if they want one to arrive clean they should pay the extra cost of an enclosed/covered carrier. Since I had no bad experience with damage but to add to those that did, I do think RoadRunner and ACC or any carrier should uphold their end of the contract to speedily remedy damage claims, whether or not you pay for additional comprehensive insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I would HIGHLY recommend these guys for transport! I had never shipped before and didn't know all questions to ask initially. Kristian was AMAZING - he was very knowledgeable and very friendly. I was nervous about the whole shipment process to be honest, but speaking with him made me feel very secure in the process. He was very friendly and kind... he answered all of my questions and explained things that I hadn't even thought of asking. He was extremely thorough and I knew everything to expect after speaking to him. He sent me the required paperwork at lightning speed so that I could lock in shipping rate. I received not one but THREE calls updating me about progress from he and other representatives. Highly recommend him in particular! :)

The carrier, Bob, was equally as fantastic! He kept myself and the party at the other end of the delivery completely updated about the status, where he was, when the pick up/delivery was going to happen... and if time had changed even a little, we received a phone call. When he got here, he was flexible and very friendly and kind as well. Really enjoyed working with him :). Both of these guys were incredible to work with... I can't thank you enough for what you did-a totally seamless and great experience all the way around!! I very much recommend these guys based on my experience with them! Kind of redundant but wanted to emphasize how great they were :).

Original review: March 13, 2019

Far exceeded expectations. The need to ship my car from PA to TX arose suddenly and gave me very little time to arrange things. I expected it would be difficult and leave me without a car at my new job for up to 2 weeks. In fact, I was able to have my car picked up in the ideal window of time for me -- and it was delivered to me the day I arrived in my new location. Both pickup and delivery occurred within the window that was scheduled, and the driver called an hour ahead to confirm and be sure I knew what was required from me. They also did a thorough inspection of the car with me on both ends. Customer service was excellent from my first request for a quote through the follow up email after the car had been delivered. I did the math on what it would have cost my new employer to reimburse me for driving, and I discovered that it would have been virtually the same (mileage, hotels, meals).

Original review: March 13, 2019

This is my 3rd time having Road Runner transport my Porsche Panamera. The 1st time was from Texas to California, 2nd time as from Arizona to Virginia. Most recently I had my Panamera shipped from Northern Virginia to Long Beach, CA. Typically when I ship my car I opt for a closed container. This time however, I opted for the open container. I was not sure what to expect with an open container, but I am happy to say that my car came arrived in Long Beach with no issues. The driver was very professional and updated me every couple of days so I knew the timeline and when to expect delivery. Also, when I dropped my car off it was dirty on the outside as it had been raining and snowing in Virginia for several days. However, when it was delivered to me my car had been washed and air put into my tires. Thank you again RoadRunner for the first class service you provide. I am sure I will be contacting you again in the near future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The guy who came out to transport my vehicle was prompt and professional. He would initially do a check on the vehicle for scratches and bumps that was there before the move. He didn't say anything at the initial examination but called back saying that there were scratches and dents that weren't noticed in the exam. I thought that was pretty honest of him to point those out in my new Honda Accord, which I bought last month, otherwise I would have thought that those were the results of the transport. He transported the vehicle to the final destination: Minnesota (from Texas) earlier than the promised date and wanted to leave the final destination a day earlier than when I could receive the car.

I was kind of frustrated but I understood his situation, because there was a snowstorm headed that way. Fortunately, my apartment concierge was able to provide him my parking information, and he was able to park my car at a safe, designated parking space. Overall, the experience was good but I wished if he could have followed the itinerary exactly as it was discussed on the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Not counting the extreme difficulty getting in touch with my initial customer rep Anthony who never answered the phone or called back, once I started working with the senior dispatch coordinator Shane **, my experience with RoadRunner Auto was fantastic. Shane was invaluable in planning the trip and the driver assigned to my case was polite, professional, and kept in close contact with me throughout the trip. I would recommend RRAT to anyone who needs to move a car cross country.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

The driver was amazing. He coordinated times very well. Car reached the destination on time. He went out of his way to coordinate the drop off. The customer service on the phone with RoadRunner corporate office was a bit rude. He was giving very straight answers and sounded a little prudish. Other than that it was a great experience.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I got quote for the transport of my Subaru in December. The quote was reasonable. The vehicle was delivered 3 days earlier than estimated, in good condition. The driver was friendly. Overall, the process was excellent. The only negative was that I did not get the vehicle transported in December, and prices went up $95 the following January.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My car was picked up and delivered just as it was supposed to be. The transport couldn't have gone any better. I would recommend this company to anyone. I am very thankful I chose this company. My experience was a good one.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Shipping of Mercedes Benz E350 Wagon. I received many quotes for shipping. Roadrunner kept me updated on availability without being obtrusive. They answered emails and calls promptly. Process from booking to arrival went just as promised. D&K Transport were chosen carrier and very responsible and again kept me updated on arrival. Actually arrived an hour early. Went over every inch of car and respectful of me and my new/used car. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information