4.2/5 (84 ratings)

About RoadRunner Auto Transport

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

Pros

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely pro...

Verified

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was o...

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: April 24, 2021

When my husband reminded me driving across the country with a one year old may be a bit more stressful than with grown children, he nudged me to look into car transports to deliver my mother's car in OR to our home in NC. RoadRunner Auto Transport was the first one I contacted. Catchy name was a plus, and then working with Nick ** just put me at ease. It took some time to find a driver for transporting the Dodge Journey, and was a little higher than first quoted because the point of origin was a bit out of his way to get there, yet it was all worth it. The driver Boog (his nickname) was an energetic young man who made quite an impression with my sister when he arrived to pick up the car.

She said he took pictures of it before he loaded the car up, including the mileage, to show the condition it was in at pick up. Had her sign for it and was on his way. I contacted him a couple days later to see where he was and to find out an approximate day/time for arrival at my home. Thought he had another driver with him and he said no, he was the only driver and was currently in Denver, CO. We had a quick conversation about the estimated time and day of arrival (two days later), that he would call the morning of the day of arrival and again when he was a couple hours away, and I hoped the rest of the trip would be safe and easy for him. I did receive a call the morning of the day the car would be here (a Thursday) and again two hours before he was expected to be at our home.

Boog was right on time and I was pleased to see this young, energetic, and very respectful young man come out of the cab, set up the ramps, and carefully guide the car down and onto our driveway. He advised us that the driver's window was sticking when it needed to go up and I acknowledged I had discovered that the day before I left and had forgotten to tell my sister to let him know when he picked up the car. Otherwise there were no problems at all with the car. I gave a bag of assorted munchies for the road, knowing that he would be heading out to the next destination. This was an absolute pleasant experience and peace of mind coming from a point of sorrow (the loss of my mother, thus transporting the car back to our home) and need. I would definitely recommend Road Runner Auto Transport to anyone who needs to get a vehicle from Point A to Point B.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I had a scheduled pick up with a different company but the shipper bailed the day before. I called RoadRunners and explained my situation. They had a driver lined up the SAME DAY! Truck was picked up the very next day in Nevada & delivered 2 days later in Missouri. They are veteran ran and understood the complexities of mil moves. Mr. Paul (driver) and the rest of the RoadRunner team was very polite and courteous during the whole transport process. I will be recommending to all of my military friends and acquaintances. I will be also sending a very lengthy email to ship.mil website explaining my entire ordeal and asking them to update their recommendation list. I can't say thank you enough RoadRunner!!

Original review: April 12, 2021

Pick up was easy. Although it could have been done at the campus dorm, the driver and I opted to have the car picked up at a nearby grocery store which worked out fine. I did have some concern though when I was quoted a 4 to 6 day delivery, but the driver said he would get my car to my destination (Washington to Minnesota) in 2 days and I told him to please take his time. On the day of my flight, there was a cancelation and I wouldn't be in Minnesota till the next day. However, during the waiting period I received a call that my car would be there at 7pm that day, with no one to receive it. After scrambling and asking for some favors, I did get a friend to receive it. Friend had some trouble because the truck driver didn't listen to my friend's suggestion for a meet up area and got stuck and had to unload my car in a different spot.

Once I finally arrived and met up with my friend, I got to see the car. It was in great condition, practically the same as when I sent it, though very dirty but that was because it was an open carry. Worked out fine in the end, price was kind of high compared to other quotes, but I can trust this company for sure. If the delivery date matched what I was quoted, there would have been less of a hassle for me and the driver, because the hotel I booked had a large parking lot. Would recommend, but be sure you have backup pick up plans if there are any delays in getting to the destination first.

Original review: April 10, 2021

A friend told me about Road Runner because he had used it to ship his car from FL to CA. As I was making the same move myself, I decided to go with his recommendation over continuing to read review after review of different car transport companies. Overall the experience was good. I called and spoke with Nick who told me it would be $1095 total, door-to-door delivery (taking 8-10 days), and fully insured. I opted to go with some extra coverage for $95 because this was going to be my first cross-country transport experience and I was nervous about potential damages. He told me that the driver would arrive between 9a-5p and call me two hours prior. So far so good. I asked if we could ship it on a Saturday and he said yes, yes.

Fast forward a few days. I'd been checking the status of my shipment and still no driver had been assigned. No big deal, but I wanted to be sure it would get assigned soon because I was catching a flight to Los Angeles on Sunday. I got a call saying that the driver was assigned, but that he would pick up my car on Monday, not Saturday. The only reason I wasn't more annoyed was because in Florida I was at my parents' place due to the pandemic, so they could be there for the Monday pick-up. Had I been living alone, this last-minute shift in the pick-up day would've been a mess because I had a flight booked already. So fair warning: *the date you pick might not be the date they actually come to get your car.* Also the pricing is not set in stone and instead of paying $1095 it wound up being closer to $1160 (note: this is without the additional coverage).

The car was picked up, so all good all good. I arrived in California, waited for the car. 7 days of zen. The day of the arrival I got a call saying that the trucker is in my neighborhood. I stepped outside but no one was there. Hm. So I called again and was given the direct line for the trucker. I called him and he spoke to me in a frantic/rapid-fire monologue in Spanish about how he couldn't get into my street and he parked down near a random intersection, and he needed me to walk to where he was, and that it was getting dangerous. I thought ok, ok, slow down, what do you mean dangerous? The signal cut off.

I called him back. I said I thought this was supposedly door-to-door, but he said my street was too narrow (fair point, I had mentioned this to every Road Runner-related representative at every point during this process). I do wish I could have specified a better pick-up location near my house (there is an enormous empty parking lot), instead of walking blocks and blocks down and having to run across a busy LA intersection with cars zooming past me. Ah well. I went there, got the car, drove home.

Would I recommend Road Runner? Recommend is a strong word, but it was a decent experience. The reason it gets 4 stars and not 5 is due to the following:
    - I was told it would get picked up on a Saturday, but it was picked up on a Monday (no fixed date).
    - I was told it would cost a certain amount, but it wound up costing more (no fixed price).

-I was told it would be door-to-door, but I had to walk for ten minutes to a busy intersection and try not to get hit by other cars while I picked up my own.

Most of these reasons listed above might be more a result of the nature of the car transport industry as a whole, rather than a systemic issue within Road Runner itself. I'm not complaining, it could've been better, it could've been worse. Would I use Road Runner again? Yeah, maybe, sure.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I have used Road Runner Auto Transport many times to transport my vehicles from Santa Monica CA to Florida many times over the years, BMW per season. I've always been pleased. The recent transport of my additional vehicle from CA to FL was perfect. Ness, the driver was in touch via phone on the timing as he was near my home to collect & provided me with an updated status three days prior. The pleasant surprise was that my vehicle arrived two days early. I inspected it & checked the milage with the driver & all was perfect. I'm fortunate to have come upon Road Runner. They've always come through as contracted. No horrible stories about additional fees, late arrivals that I've heard about so much.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

When I was looking to move a vehicle from Minnesota to Florida I had plenty of concerns regarding pick up and delivery. Road Runner well exceeded my expectations. They picked up the vehicle when they said they would and delivered when they said they would. It just get any better than that for me. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

This was my first experience with transporting my car versus driving. The driver kept me informed of the pickup and drop off times as well as his location. I no longer drive the distance between Chicago and Bradenton. Flying and having the car sent to me by far is the way to go.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

We signed up and were notified in a couple days -car was picked up, shipped and arrived on time! Driver professional and friendly and we had no concerns about the trip. Price was a bit higher than they quoted me the year before, but still reasonable.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

After going online and filling out some info I received a call shortly after from a representative. They confirmed my info and was able to give me a rough quote. They sent all of the info and set me up with a carrier who set up the transport. They were on time for pick up and delivered just the same. Very happy with the service, would use again. Thank You!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The transport of my vehicle from Idaho to Montana went very well. The carrier stayed in touch with me via cell phone and texts and was extremely nice. He met me to pick up my car and met me when he dropped it off, he was good at what he did. It also happened well within the time frames that were presented to me and, in fact, got delivered a day sooner than I expected. I would recommend RoadRunner to anyone I knew that needed a vehicle transported. Everyone I talked to and interacted with were very knowledgeable and professional. I am extremely pleased with the entire transaction.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information