2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: May 22, 2020

My daughter is an essential worker in Texas and desperately needed a car. I called on a Saturday and got a fair quote and an estimated pick up day of Tuesday and delivery day by Sunday. Wednesday morning a carrier wasn’t assigned and I was ready to cancel and drive the car myself, especially after reading horror stories online about carriers. However Wednesday afternoon I got a call that a carrier was assigned. The car was picked up later that day by a very nice carrier and delivered to my daughter along with some personal protective equipment on Thursday evening!! Wow. That exceeded my expectations. What I learned was to trust the process!!! Thank you so much!!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: April 16, 2020

Wow! What a terrific experience. I live in NC, and needed a car transported from Nevada to my home. The original plan was to fly into Nevada, and drive it across myself, but due to COVID 19, those plans changed quickly. I researched a few companies online and through BBB. From my first call from RR to the drop off, I have been 100% satisfied. Although I was in no hurry, they found a carrier within hours, and my Subaru Outback was heading East the very next day. The price was quite a bit below what I anticipated. The driver was extremely courteous to my Nevada friends upon pickup, and I received the car in perfect condition on the morning of EXACT anticipated delivery date. And again, driver (J. ** with On-Way Logistics) was professional, kind, and efficient, AND respectful with the automobiles on his truck. Thank you to all involved for such fantastic care of my car.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I was very happy with Road Runner transport. I was going to ship 1 year ago, but I was uncomfortable with the companies I spoke with. Recently my son in Joplin, Missouri needed our car. I started looking again, and came across the same mistrust for the companies I spoke with. Then I read a very recent review on Google about how happy someone was with this company. I called them and was very happy with how professional they were, how their price did not change as we spoke and planned the transport. The driver that picked my car up in California was very nice, professional and courteous. The transport was supposed to take five days. My son had our car in 3. He was happy I was happy. They charged my credit cards so there was no hassle with cash or certified checks. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

After the transfer case went out of my truck while on the turnpike in Oklahoma, my wife and I were stuck trying to figure out how to get our truck back to Missouri once we had been towed into Tulsa. My wife is who searched for a way to transport our vehicle and found RoadRunner Auto Transport. We set up the pickup and delivery dates, paid in advance and prayed there wouldn't be any problems. Minor hiccup with an unexpected snowstorm for the driver to get our vehicle but that was beyond his control. He picked up and delivered our vehicle as arranged with me. I couldn't be happier with the service, just wish it wasn't needed. I will be referring RoadRunner Auto Transport to anyone in need of their services in the future.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Unlike all of the negative reviews that I have seen posted, I had a very positive experience with American Car Carrier LLC. I had my son's 2013 VW Eos shipped from Alabama to California, about a 1900 mile shipment. I made the shipping arrangements with RoadRunner Transport and they contracted ACC. The driver, Wayne, called on Monday several hours before arrival for pickup and let me know exactly when he would arrive, and he did right on time. Delivery was to be on or before Saturday and he said could be there late Thursday or early Friday. Car delivered Thursday around noon.

Car was on open 8 car carrier and it was dirty, but I expected that. If anyone has ever shipped a car they should expect that and if they want one to arrive clean they should pay the extra cost of an enclosed/covered carrier. Since I had no bad experience with damage but to add to those that did, I do think RoadRunner and ACC or any carrier should uphold their end of the contract to speedily remedy damage claims, whether or not you pay for additional comprehensive insurance.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My transport driver contracted me an hour below delivery and arrived even before scheduled. He was polite and professional and our 2019 BMW 740ix was in perfect condition. Great work. Recommend Road Runner for your auto transport.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

The arrangement was easy to make, the driver and inspection process before and after went well, and was VERY thorough. I would easily recommend to others this service, and if I have future need, would use them again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I have used auto transport to ship my car back-and-forth across the country multiple times. I have always felt confident that my car will arrive safely and it has. The drivers are courteous and in my experience have delivered the cars even earlier than promised.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

All personnel who assisted me were very professional in shipping my vehicle from Massachusetts to Wyoming. The drivers who picked up and dropped off my car were nice and knowledgeable and legit met me door to door in pick up and drop off.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Great service, individuals who loaded the car and drove the truck were outstanding. Very professional, since my car was last to be unloaded, took the time to place it at the front of the truck. Equipment was in great shape, truck looked new, and lift gate eliminated any worry so scraping while loading. Will definitely use them next time, won't look around.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information