2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I was very happy with Road Runner transport. I was going to ship 1 year ago, but I was uncomfortable with the companies I spoke with. Recently my son in Joplin, Missouri needed our car. I started looking again, and came across the same mistrust for the companies I spoke with. Then I read a very recent review on Google about how happy someone was with this company. I called them and was very happy with how professional they were, how their price did not change as we spoke and planned the transport. The driver that picked my car up in California was very nice, professional and courteous. The transport was supposed to take five days. My son had our car in 3. He was happy I was happy. They charged my credit cards so there was no hassle with cash or certified checks. I highly recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Unlike all of the negative reviews that I have seen posted, I had a very positive experience with American Car Carrier LLC. I had my son's 2013 VW Eos shipped from Alabama to California, about a 1900 mile shipment. I made the shipping arrangements with RoadRunner Transport and they contracted ACC. The driver, Wayne, called on Monday several hours before arrival for pickup and let me know exactly when he would arrive, and he did right on time. Delivery was to be on or before Saturday and he said could be there late Thursday or early Friday. Car delivered Thursday around noon.

Car was on open 8 car carrier and it was dirty, but I expected that. If anyone has ever shipped a car they should expect that and if they want one to arrive clean they should pay the extra cost of an enclosed/covered carrier. Since I had no bad experience with damage but to add to those that did, I do think RoadRunner and ACC or any carrier should uphold their end of the contract to speedily remedy damage claims, whether or not you pay for additional comprehensive insurance.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I contacted Road Runner transport about shipping my 280ZX turbo from my engine builder back home to me. They promptly gave me a call back, listed out their various options, then gave me a callback number to the same rep so I could review the options in email format. Once I made my decision, I called them back, completed the financial transaction. Next day, I got a call from the driver assigned to pick up my car, saying that he has reviewed and understood the shipping request, and he had already contacted my engine builder to pick it up. Smooth process. The driver also contacted me, and set up a good location to need up, so he could drop off my car, and his truck wouldn't fit where I live. Would recommend to friends, family, strangers, and car enthusiasts.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I used RRAT to ship my 2006 Santa Fe to my son who is training in Florida as part of his tour in the US Navy. The transport went quite well. There was a chance for a mix up as I specifically requested a Saturday arrival date as he is in training and I had no idea if he can just "slip out" of his training and collect the vehicle on a weekday. The transport operator told me at pick up that he would be there on Friday morning and that he would have to get permission to stay longer. This was very disconcerting as I had planned this out meticulously for my Sailor. I told him to contact my son and see if it was possible for a Friday pickup. It wound up going well as my son took possession of the car during his "lunch break". This would have been very problematic had he not been able to, but it was resolved so I am quite pleased with RRAT.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I would HIGHLY recommend these guys for transport! I had never shipped before and didn't know all questions to ask initially. Kristian was AMAZING - he was very knowledgeable and very friendly. I was nervous about the whole shipment process to be honest, but speaking with him made me feel very secure in the process. He was very friendly and kind... he answered all of my questions and explained things that I hadn't even thought of asking. He was extremely thorough and I knew everything to expect after speaking to him. He sent me the required paperwork at lightning speed so that I could lock in shipping rate. I received not one but THREE calls updating me about progress from he and other representatives. Highly recommend him in particular! :)

The carrier, Bob, was equally as fantastic! He kept myself and the party at the other end of the delivery completely updated about the status, where he was, when the pick up/delivery was going to happen... and if time had changed even a little, we received a phone call. When he got here, he was flexible and very friendly and kind as well. Really enjoyed working with him :). Both of these guys were incredible to work with... I can't thank you enough for what you did-a totally seamless and great experience all the way around!! I very much recommend these guys based on my experience with them! Kind of redundant but wanted to emphasize how great they were :).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: March 23, 2020

Roadrunner was great. They picked the car up the day after I called on time and delivered it 3 days later with no issues. The driver was pleasant and professional. I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Original review: March 21, 2020

The phone service was always great. The reservation was easy. Changing the reservation was easy. The Shipper was great. (Leo) was on top of letting me know every step of the process. Completely Satisfied.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I scheduled an auto transport for late May. I had to cancel in excess of two months before the scheduled date. Right after cancelling, I was charged a $135 cancellation fee. When I called to inquire, the customer service agent was rude (not the first time - I once called and was transferred mid-sentence to another department). I was told that I had signed a "contract" with that as a term. I never signed anything. When I looked up their service terms, there is a poorly worded term that appears intended to mislead. Do not use this company - I have never seen so many one star reviews on Yelp, wish I'd checked there first.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we apologize for the manner in which you were communicated with and will be internally investigating your call log. Our cancellation policy is in line with common business practices and we do regret that you chose to cancel your shipment with us before we were able to assist you with your transport.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Jeep Wrangler RHD transport. My transport was arranged quickly. Driver picked up and delivered within 10 minutes of projected time. Extremely satisfied, would definitely ship with Road Runner the next time I need auto transport.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Service was very good and quick to respond to inquiries. Quote seemed fair (I had other quotes as well) so I signed the transport agreement as required before arranging transport. I called during this period to ask about my quote and was told this would be the final amount. When transport was arranged with a carrier, the quote went up 10%. Carrier couldn't do it for the quoted amount?! I was in a hurry, so I paid the difference.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information