RoadRunner Auto Transport

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Roadrunner transport company should get an award for the below categories, if it exists: Scams, Liars, Looters, Unprofessionalism, Rudeness and Non-responsiveness. Scamming people when you are prospective customer. Customer service is very good at this stage. Once you book and pay the initial payment, customer service becomes worse. They will commit a home pick-up, however, they will have some cheaper transporter arranged for you who will call you 22-23 miles away from your home.

At this stage no one picks up the call. I was told to drop the car 22-23 miles away from my place. I was unable to meet the people before I was about to fly next morning, as I had to make the 40+ miles to and fro trip for dropping the car. They make at least $300-$500 making from you, and to put people like you and me situation like mentioned above. Stay away from these crooks. I think they are only 2 people company and change names to present themselves as multiple staffed enterprise.

I have used this company to assume that they are the best in the Auto Transport but their Customer Care is very rude and very unprofessional. I have to move my car from Kansas City to the California. So I have chosen them because they have given me the assurance that the vehicle is going to be picked up on the same date and for that, I have paid 4-5 hundred dollars extra as compared to other competitors.

Before the pickup day (30th Sep), I have not received any call or the confirmation from them. On the pickup day, I called them and they told me I am going to get the call from the driver for the Pickup (two hours prior to pickup). So got busy with my house stuff transport. Exactly around 2.00PM I got the call that the pickup is not going to happen because the driver is running before the schedule. And that call is from another transport company whom they have tied my transport. They are very rude and not answering my question - just told me to "call the RoadRunner (RR) and talk to them regarding your concerns."

And then I called the RR Auto Transport. There is a lady who picked my call and started telling me about the agreement conditions that our pick up is always estimated not confirmed. I tried my level best to explain my situation that I have to take the flight next day early morning but she keeps on telling me the bookish answers instead of giving me the solution.

And after so much of discussions and calls finally, I got the call from one RR guy called "Chris" who very calmly listen to me and try to help me in the situation. So there is a lot more happen. But I am concluding my review with the note that: "This company is not the real transporters, they are the agents who can tie your transport to the other transport company." I am giving one "Star" because of the Chris and the truck driver. Otherwise, they don't deserve any stars.

Made reservation weeks in advance. Should have done more research on company. It's a scam. They don't transport anything. They allegedly find a carrier to transport your car. I should have dealt with THE company who actually does the transporting. Communication does not exist and forget about any semblance of customer service. They are nasty and THEY DO NOT CARE. I must have contacted them 10 times to get information about the pick-up that never happened which totally screwed-up my itinerary. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a recommendation from a friend, business associate, car repair business, car dealership... Just ask someone! I should have!!

On Aug 24th scheduled to have my car picked up by RoadRunner Auto Transport from my home on Brooklyn NY shipping it to San Diego California. I was told 10 days max from the pick up date and was giving a drop off date of Sept 6. Between initial scheduling and vehicle pick up customer service was awesome, great, 5 stars. There seems to be a communication gap between RR and CFR. THE PROMISED 24 HRS TRACKING IS GARBAGE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GARBAGE X2. I spoke to a woman there that was trying her best to not have to transfer me to the manager, arguing with me about why they didn't call me to tell me my delivery was delayed, and how they do business with CFR.

I don't care about all that trash. I want to know if I'm paying your company for a service why the hell you can't give me a proper update on my vehicle. I'm very disappointed with the people there except for the young man that took my order. Everyone else needs customer service training that explains all the negative comments online. I'm still waiting for my car which is gonna be a day late smh without explanation. BOTTOM LINE I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE. Service sucks. Not reliable!!! I'm sitting here praying my vehicle get here in one piece and all my stuff in the trunk is still there. I will update this as soon as I receive my car. To be continued...

I paid on July 7 and was promised no later than the 11. It is now July 22 and I have got 12 excuses including the driver was sick and today's "we lost your shipment"!!! This is astoundingly horrible and no compensation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Prior to booking my shipment, this company called me everyday to convince me of why they are the best. I booked this shipment contingent upon my car being picked up by the end of the week. They told me my car will be picked up in at most 48 hours because they already have a truck ready. When the week ended, I called them several times but they never picked up. I sent multiple emails until someone later called and said my car will be picked up by the end of the day.

Two days after that, I didn't hear back from them. Called and emailed them multiple times to no avail (they had already charged my credit card). They probably got tired of my daily calling and emails because they send an email later saying that my money will be refunded in 5 business days. The person who duped me was named Jack. Stay away from these people. They'll convince you to book a shipment but once it's done, you will not hear back from them and forget about your shipment being picked up by when they say they will. Save yourself the time and energy.

2 mopeds shipped from California to Mississippi set in CA for a week then passed off to another company once it got to MS where they documented where one of my mopeds had no sign saying do not stack. One of my mopeds had clearly had something stacked on it as there was a big hole in the plastic wrapping. Inside my windshield was bent, my left mirror was broken off and my trunk was scratched. We believe that our second moped was set on top of the other as it had oil in the carburetor. We believe that with the time it took the coyote caught the roadrunner and damage shows the fight was a long one.

Would recommend to stay away from this company. They delayed shipping of my vehicle twice (from broker to dispatcher) and I ended up paying extra for a rental car. There is something broken in the system that allows things to get lost in communication. Just go with an auction site that has multiple companies bidding for your shipment. I should have paid attention to the reviews beforehand instead of paying more for this broker and ending up with more expenses than expected.

I was a first time user with this company. I was sending a new car from NY to CA. This company is awesome and pick up was very easy. They said car would arrive on a certain date. The day the driver called and said he would be arriving was 5 days earlier than what was expected. It was such a wonderful surprise.

We called this company a month ago to transport the car from Pittsburgh to CA on June 29, 2016. We kept calling every week to get a time of pickup as we are staying in hotel for one day. We called on June 29th and they kept telling us that they are unable to reach the driver and he should call 3 hours before he comes for pickup. We waited until 9PM until they close and no driver showed up or given us a definite time for pickup the next day. We stayed in the hotel another night hoping they will pick up today. We called them and spoke to their staff and they told us "the driver is not showing up" and that they cannot get hold of him... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AT ALL. They are the worst I ever dealt with.

I was supposed to get my car transported from Denver to Missouri on 26th March 2016. RoadRunner took the booking (Ref # **) and charged me an advance of $200. I was told that car would take around 4-5 days to reach Missouri but on the day my car was to be loaded, I was told by the driver that he will deliver the car next morning. Since my flight to Missouri was supposed to land in the evening next day, I asked my friends to receive the car. He noticed some scratches in the rear bumper and below the front door which he showed to the driver but driver kept repeating that car was dirty, hence he could not see the scratches and made my friend sign the bill of lading.

I reached in the evening and logged a claim the same day but the claim adjudicator by the name Elizabeth ** outrightly rejected my claim. My claim was pending with her for more than 3 weeks since she is the only one working in the claims department for RoadRunner. My suggestion - Don't ever opt for RoadRunner. They don't have drivers available with them and will put you in a spot at the last minute. Also forget about getting a claim approved because they will simply reject it.

I used this Company to ship my car during a move for the military. My car was received by a friend as I had not gotten to my new station yet. It was completely covered in oil. The driver told him to sign for the car and take the issue up with RoadRunner. When I sent them the documentation and pictures they said because I signed for the car they would not reimburse for the damages. I did not sign for it and I followed the directions laid out by the driver they hired and told them to reconsider and they ignored me. It cost me 118 Dollars to have the car cleaned. The oil was everywhere. It had dripped under my bonnet and completely covered the car and wheels. I think this is atrocious customer service and I implore you to use another company. They will not take care of you if an issue arises.

My car arrived to SoCal without a problem. However, upon shipping my car back to NJ, there were a couple of very expensive items stolen from my car... i.e: designer sunglasses. Also, I paid an additional fee to have my car on the top of the trailer. My car was not on the top of the trailer upon delivery. There were many, many, scratches to my car being that it was on the lower part of the trailer. In addition, the driver of the trailer claimed "it's too dark and your street has too many low laying trees. Can you please come get your car two towns away?? I'm afraid I won't be able to avoid hitting those branches on your street." WOW!!!

The truth of the matter is this. The driver never had my SUV on the top level of the trailer and didn't want me to notice. He had my car waiting for me in a parking lot. However, there was a gas station attendant across the street that witnessed my SUV being on the lower tier of the trailer. I would not use this company again for the reasons mentioned above.

This company is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I hire them to take my car from Tampa, Fl to North Georgia. I tell them it has to be Wednesday or sooner but can't be after Wednesday. Sales guy says "Not a big deal. We got it." Their office calls me on Tuesday and leaves a message confirming pick up before 5 pm Wednesday and sends a email to back it up. Wednesday comes and the driver calls me at 10 am saying she can't do it and complaining about the car not running and how she doesn't have a winch. Not really my problem since the paperwork says not running. I call them back to complain and they keep saying their contract says anytime after Wed. Bull. I have VM and email saying Wednesday and even the sales guy's email and they hang up. I call back to tell them their drive cancel because the driver doesn't want to pick up the car. It too much work because it's not running.

They hang up on me and I hire another company that did it for less and never complained one time and was on time since they know I had a plane to catch Wednesday night. This company RoadRunner Auto Transport is rude and has no customer service at all. The people working there all have attitudes and very rude and never want to work with you. They were calling 5 times a day to get my money and when their driver canceled they never call you back to help you. They also will try to commit fraud on your credit card 2 months after to try to bill you for not picking up the car. Yes they keep all your credit card info and try to charge you months later. Scammers and willing to do anything to get your money and then try fraud you months later thinking you wouldn't notice. Negative 10 stars. They should be run out of business for their low life actions. I turned them info the BBB and the state of Florida and New York.

The car was transported promptly and timely but the personal items in the trunk were rifled through and stolen. Birthday presents for my daughter were in the trunk. Dishes, silverware and other personal items in bins in the trunk were stolen. Her grandmother had died in September leaving her china, silver and other items and these items were stolen out of the trunk while in transport from the West Coast to the East Coast.

Use anybody else but these thieves. They will "misplace" your products and then after months of stalling pay you a fraction of the value. It's a nice deal for RR. Have the drivers steal what they want, and when the report is made only pay back a fraction of the value. These guys make the mob look like saints.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This TERRIBLE company told me that my car would be delivered before Christmas. It is now three days after Christmas and still no car. They can't even tell me when it will be delivered. I am getting the total runaround with their "customer service". That is in quotes because there is zero service taking place. Every person I have spoken to has been rude and unhelpful. Total lack of communication. I am on hold going on 20 minutes as I type this. They are "trying" to locate my car. Very unprofessional company. I will be contacting BBB of my experience.

I was quoted a price for car transport from Ohio to Florida on an open carrier for $742 and a day later a $25 discount to $717 with pickup from 11/17 soon after. In fact they noted that "We can get you reserved for pickup typically within 72 hours." I sent all the info requested and got a response by email at 11:21 this AM that it was being processed. Then I get a phone call at 1:30 PM that to get a carrier would cost $100 or more now with little time to make other arrangements. I was also told that the caller was with the appointments board and all carriers would be the same. Is this normal that any quote re. car transport cost means nothing? Is RoadRunner representative of the industry? Is this a form of "bait and switch"? Certainly other possible customers should BEWARE of dealing with RoadRunner Transport.

Shipped a crate of steel and a pallet of drill bits and cutting wheels from Cincinnati to Houston last November 2014. The crate made it, and the pallet was stolen. It took a YEAR for them to get serious and pay up, after I had them suspended from UShip.com. This claim was for over $8000 for the value of the merchandise, I was on it like a pit bull for the full 12 months. They rolled out the arsenal of stops, ignore, fax for info, demand more info, dispute weight, dispute value, DISPUTE THAT IS WAS DELIVERED!

I hammered them each time with the facts, and they'd go silent for a month. Loss claims are idiots, upper management are idiots...poor people at the terminals are left to fend off angry customers. Couldn't even tell me which terminal stole it. Ended up paying me a value to weight ratio, instead of insurance value. You better understand, THE RATE THEY QUOTE IS NOT GOING TO SAVE YOU ANYTHING WHEN ROADRUNNER WILL NOT REIMBURSE YOU LOSS OR DAMAGE.

Just terrible. When I was sold on their services (Sept 21st) over several competing companies, I did so because I was promised 14 days door-to-door service. Even their website declares 16-17 days to go beyond my location. In reality, it wasn't even put onto the carrier truck until the 19th day after I delivered the vehicle to begin its journey on the 23rd of Sept. Finally, on day 25 and counting, I've been contacted by the driver and told "maybe" late Wednesday (2 more days) which will be 4 weeks later after being promised 2 weeks delivery.

Despite contacting HQ now 4 times and being told twice that I would be called back (only once that actually happened to be told it would arrive within 4 more days (which of course it didn't despite already being over a week late at this point), the only contact that has been initiated aside from myself has been from a dispatcher in Seattle who wanted to know if the car was a convertible despite having a full description of the car on hand. Alarmed, I called AK Transport and I was told that should never happen but then received a second call about week later from the same dispatcher to inform me that car was still sitting in Seattle. Nothing about this experience has been easy. Nothing has been fast. The communication has been absolutely terrible. They were very, very helpful until the moment they had my money and have been zero help since that day.

Finally, on the night of Oct 21st, the car has arrived. Other than steering fluid all over the hood that dripped on it from the car placed above it, the car is intact but I am far from anything that could be described as satisfied with this service. I will never recommend any person ever use this service. Oh, did I mention that on 23rd of October (one month from the day I delivered it), I was finally contacted back to be given vague commiseration and a promise to look into it and get right back to me. Despite that promise which seems to be habitually spouted, it is now another week since deliver and 5 days since they promised to get right back to me and as expected... no communication at all. So if you have a LOT of time on your hands and want to pay for a level of service you certainly won't get from my experience, then by all means go for it but smart customers will look elsewhere for truly professional service.

They damaged my Range Rover. Steering wheel total effed up and now trying to avoid paying for the repair. They subcontract it out to guys in Brooklyn who have no clue how to handle a high end car yet they charge high end prices. Lied about subcontracting it out to Plycon. Lied about servicing my claim. Sent some broken down rusted out poor excuse for a trailer to pick up car. Do not trust your high end car or any car for that matter to these ripoffs. Guy who picked it up could barely fit into the trailer and car door. Left oil and dirty marks all over driver's side. Lied about delivery. Lied about pricing. Charged extra to process credit card. Made demands to pay in cash to avoid tax. Shame on this company. No service, no quality, nothing, just avoid. USE PLYCON. We ship about 70 cars a month, I wouldn't even ship a bicycle with these people.

I booked RoadRunner to move a car. The pick up date was missed and RoadRunner never gave me an accurate answer as to why. Each time I called, I was given different information. When the driver missed his contracted pick up date, I was told the driver would be there the next day. I heard nothing from the driver or RoadRunner. The driver finally called two days later to tell me he would pick up on day 4. He told me conflicting information. I don't want to use the word lied but unfortunately it is the correct word. I was lied to by RoadRunner and lied to by the driver. He never came and on day 4 of waiting, I cancelled my pick up. Please do not call RoadRunner. You will be sorry!

I contracted with RoadRunner Auto Transport to pick up a TBIRD in Pinellas Park Florida and deliver to Wisconsin. The RoadRunner driver never showed up and the dispatchers (4 of them) never called me back or contacted the mystery driver. Their business practices are HIGHLY suspect. I would NEVER recommend RoadRunner Auto Transport.

The folks quoted me an amount of 169.00 for deposit then swiped my card for 285.00 without my permission. I have no idea what the deposit is for - definitely not for the customers security. The server refused to drop the vehicle off in my area. He wanted me to drive An hour away. Then when I told him I couldn't, he threatens to take my car and not return for another five days. When I called RoadRunner they said that the issue was between me and the driver. Finally I convinced them that the reason I paid the deposit its for my security. They finally got on the phone and convinced him to drive in my area. Once he got here, he could just leave thing alone. He also added that I took him out out his way. Pic yeah - I paid an total of 1098.00... Never again!

I shipped my car from MA to FL the first week of 2015 and had the worst experience I've ever had in dealing with any company of any kind. I could list a bunch of issues but I don't have to since they all have been listed many times by many other reviewers. Simply go to their posting for specifics.

RoadRunner was the third party with this shipment, actual hauler was Marvin's Transport LLC. The front end of my 2012 Dodge Charger was completely cracked and ripped from the front of the car, bolts and all. Components behind the grill and underneath the car were extensively damaged by whatever occurred. Marvin's Transport so badly damaged it that he used 4 bungee cords to put everything back together. When the body shop took the bungee cords off, the front of the car just fell apart. However, Marvin claims that he has no idea what happened to the vehicle only that he noticed that the bumper fell off. The bumper is the entire front end by the way... top to bottom, it's one entire piece on a Dodge Charger and the entire front end was cracked in half! When he dropped off the vehicle he stated that he would pay for the damages and signed off that he damaged the entire front end.

We chose RoadRunner Auto Transport because we were told that it would be 100% insured. We paid for the service that included full insurance but now Road Runner's "claims department" says that they merely mediate. We did not turn the car over to Marvin with any of the damages that we sent over in the claim. Marvin begged us not to report this to his insurance and that he would pay us directly because his insurance deductible was high. Now I know that he told us that because he never intended on paying. We went through our insurance company since no one else cared to help us and when all was completed, Marvin had done over $2,700 worth of damage. We do have all the documentation that he did the damages and know that we will eventually have this settled but this is ridiculous that I am still having to fight about this a month after the shipment. I will also be fighting for the "100% insured" wording to be removed from RoadRunner's website and contracts since that is definitely false information.

I was PROMISED...REPEATEDLY by Frank/Franco at ext ** that my vehicle would be picked up of the dates I requested...I also REPEATEDLY told him if he couldn't guarantee those dates...I couldn't use them as I had a logistical nightmare trying to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together...He told ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM!! My vehicle was to be picked either of Saturday or Sunday...I called Monday morning after no one called me (as they did not answer due to the weekend)...They hadn't even assigned a driver or company to my knowledge.... Very dishonest Company...Do NOT use.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!!!!! Roadrunner is the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever encountered. The owner Ryan is nothing but a shyster, and I will scream this from every mountaintop I can find. In July 2004 I researched them right here and hired them to move my Infiniti QX4 from Chicago to Los Angeles. We said delivery could be no sooner than July 7, as this was the date we were arriving in LA. I received a call from the driver July 5 saying that he would be at my place in an hour with my car. I said "That's great, but I wanted delivery on the 7th; I'm not in LA yet," and he got angry and mouthy, and said that I was "screwing up his driving route." Then he told me that if I wasn't there to accept delivery he would leave the car at an impound lot nearby and I could pay to pick it up later. When I said this was unacceptable he went off on another tear about my "complaints." Eventually he said he'd "Do me a favor" and re-route his driving to deliver it July 7.

When it arrived, the first thing he said was "Your car has some damage." He proceeded to show me a 2 foot long by 3 inch wide dent in the hood of my car, supposedly done by a swinging bar on the delivery truck. He wrote out on the original bill of lading what happened, admitted it was his fault, and told me whom to call at their home office in Iowa. I did the following day, and the day after, and the day after, for 5 days until I finally received an answer from Ryan Briley, the owner. I was told to get an estimate, which I did. The estimate came in at just over $1,200, and I faxed it to Ryan at the office July 13, 2004.

I waited a week with no response, then called for a week before getting an answer from Ryan, who claimed to not have received it. I faxed it again, then made copies and sent it certified mail. It was signed for and received, then ignored. After dozens of long-distance phone call, faxes, and email on their website, I finally
had the car fixed myself; driving it around in that condition was ridiculous. I faxed and certified mailed the receipts for all of the work that had been done to

Ryan at Roadrunner, and never heard a word; the actual work came in far less than the estimate, by the way - total bill is $818.48. I called, faxed and emailed from August 27 to November 29 before I even got him on the phone - NO ONE ever answers the phone at this place, why they even have a phone is beyond me. You can only leave voice-mails about every 10th call because their mailboxes are always full; gee, I wonder why.

On November 29 I spoke directly with Ryan, who at first pretended to not know who I was or what I was talking about. After a couple of minutes he said "Oh yeah, I think I have a note or two on that somewhere, hold on." After 10 minutes on hold - apparently he was hoping I'd hang up - he finally comes back and says "I'll cut you a check myself right now and put it in the mail tomorrow, do you want the check number? The check number is **." I wrote it down and thanked him for his time. I was out of town on business for several weeks in December, and when I returned Dec 19 no check had arrived. I called Dec 20 and was told that Ryan was out of the office for a week.

I then left the country From Dec 28-Jan 27 and travelled through Iraq, Afghanistan, and 7 other countries in the MIddle East entertaining the troops (I am a comedian). During that time my wife called and left voice-mails for Ryan on Jan 3, Jan 4, Jan 17, and Jan 18, while being unable to leave a message numerous other times due to the voice-mailbox being full. Of course, none of these messages were returned. She finally spoke to Ryan Jan 20, and he again tried to pretend that he didn't know who she was or what she was talking about until finally acquiescing. Ryan told my wife that he would but the check personally

and it would be in the mail the following day; this time he promised to fax a copy of the check before he mailed it. None of this ever happened, as he was lying yet again.

I returned to the USA Jan 27 and tried to call every day, only to find his voice-mailbox full. I faxed my intentions to go to small claims court if I was not paid soon. No response whatsoever. Finally, I left a voice-mail for his partner Corey ** on Feb 7 2005, telling him my situation and that small claims court was next. No response. I left another message on Corey's voicemail Feb 10 stating the same thing. No response. I faxed several more times. I emailed their website
several more times. No response whatsoever. I have gone to the Better Business Bureau and filled out a complaint, as well as the forms to file in

small claims court.

Today is March 10, 8 months since they admitted they were responsible for the damage to my car. I made one final attempt, calling and actually getting Ryan's voice-mail Feb 28; I told him that if I did not have the money in my hands by March 3 I would mail these forms. I heard nothing and expect to hear nothing. I have filed my lawsuit, and I plan to spend the next year surfing the web for all of the "Consumer complaint" websites like this one, and tell everyone who will listen that these people are nothing but shysters. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. They are liars and cheats.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Using a network of more than 3,500 certified auto transport professionals, Road Runner Auto Transport offers fast and reliable shipping.

• No upfront cost: Shippers only pay once a carrier has been assigned and pickup has been scheduled.
  • Customer satisfaction: Good customer service can make the difference between a smooth delivery and numerous snafus.
  • Guaranteed insurance coverage: Every carrier contracted through Road Runner carries at least $750,000 in insurance, so if something does go wrong, every vehicle is covered.
  • Broker: Third-party shipping providers may not be as invested in customer service as the originating broker is.
  • Best for Out of state movers and small businesses.

Compare Auto Transporters