It's that easy Request Information
4.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

BOTTOM LINE

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

PROS

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

04/08/2019

The representative that helped schedule everything kept me informed of everything that was going on. The man who picked up our cars and dropped them off was amazing. Extremely professional and really knew what he was doing. I would recommend road runner in a heart beat.

04/24/2019

Loved how friendly and reliable. Had a great experience and would use and recommend again to anyone looking to have a worry free experience. The communication was excellent. Was on time from start to finish. Top notch in my book.

About Roadrunner

Roadrunner Auto Transport is a car shipping company that operates as a broker, connecting consumers with reliable trucking companies to haul vehicles. They offer 24/7 tracking that lets customers know where their vehicle is at any given moment. Roadrunner Auto Transport reviews mention excellent customer service, clear communication and quick transportation. Roadrunner can ship almost any vehicle anywhere in the United States.

Roadrunner cost

The cost to transport a car varies based on many factors, including season, type of transport, and pickup and dropoff locations. On average, though, Roadrunner says it would cost at least $800 to ship a sedan 1000 miles in an open carrier in the summertime — summertime is a popular season to ship a car and costs more than in the winter. Transport times are estimated but normally take around 2-4 days.

Additional fees are typical for upgraded shipping options, including but not limited to top-load, enclosed transport and expedited shipping. Roadrunner currently offers discounts for military members, so make sure to ask about this discount if you are interested.

All shipments are insured, so customers can rest easy that they are covered even in the rare case of damage to their vehicle. However, Roadrunner does offer the option to include additional coverage.

Roadrunner shipping options

Interstate Roadrunner auto transport is available because Roadrunner provides shipping services nationwide. Roadrunner can ship to or from anywhere in the United States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, plus anywhere in the Caribbean. Roadrunner offers door-to-door services due to its convenience for customers and can ship sedans, classic or inoperable cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, limousines, RVs and heavy equipment like tractors.

• Shipping nationwide
  • Ships classic and inoperable cars
  • Ships motorcycles, trucks and other vehicles
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

How does Roadrunner work?

Roadrunner makes vehicle shipping easy by providing lots of informative, in-depth content on their site. You can select your state, view popular routes and see the carrier availability rating. Remember, make sure to plan your move in advance. Popular routes with high carrier availability are the easiest routes to find drivers, but rarely traveled roads with low availability mean it will be harder to find transportation.

For a free Roadrunner quote, customers can call directly. A Roadrunner representative will provide them with a quote over the phone. Quotes are also available on Roadrunner’s website by entering the car’s details, shipment date, name, number and e-mail.

Once the vehicle has been shipped, Roadrunner Auto Transport tracking is available 24/7. Customers can easily check their vehicle’s status on the website by entering their booking number. Roadrunner customer service hours are 9 to 9 EST on weekdays. Once the vehicle has arrived, both you and the driver should inspect the vehicle to make sure it has no damage.

Do we recommend Roadrunner?

We recommend Roadrunner for your auto transport needs. They can ship nearly any vehicle, and other things like boats or heavy equipment, anywhere in the US and the Caribbean. Their 24/7 tracking helps you stay informed and keeps drivers accountable. Furthermore, their door-to-door shipping makes moving your car as effortless as possible.

337 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 1, 2019

I would HIGHLY recommend these guys for transport! I had never shipped before and didn't know all questions to ask initially. Kristian was AMAZING - he was very knowledgeable and very friendly. I was nervous about the whole shipment process to be honest, but speaking with him made me feel very secure in the process. He was very friendly and kind... he answered all of my questions and explained things that I hadn't even thought of asking. He was extremely thorough and I knew everything to expect after speaking to him. He sent me the required paperwork at lightning speed so that I could lock in shipping rate. I received not one but THREE calls updating me about progress from he and other representatives. Highly recommend him in particular! :)

The carrier, Bob, was equally as fantastic! He kept myself and the party at the other end of the delivery completely updated about the status, where he was, when the pick up/delivery was going to happen... and if time had changed even a little, we received a phone call. When he got here, he was flexible and very friendly and kind as well. Really enjoyed working with him :). Both of these guys were incredible to work with... I can't thank you enough for what you did-a totally seamless and great experience all the way around!! I very much recommend these guys based on my experience with them! Kind of redundant but wanted to emphasize how great they were :).

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Far exceeded expectations. The need to ship my car from PA to TX arose suddenly and gave me very little time to arrange things. I expected it would be difficult and leave me without a car at my new job for up to 2 weeks. In fact, I was able to have my car picked up in the ideal window of time for me -- and it was delivered to me the day I arrived in my new location. Both pickup and delivery occurred within the window that was scheduled, and the driver called an hour ahead to confirm and be sure I knew what was required from me. They also did a thorough inspection of the car with me on both ends. Customer service was excellent from my first request for a quote through the follow up email after the car had been delivered. I did the math on what it would have cost my new employer to reimburse me for driving, and I discovered that it would have been virtually the same (mileage, hotels, meals).

Original review: March 13, 2019

This is my 3rd time having Road Runner transport my Porsche Panamera. The 1st time was from Texas to California, 2nd time as from Arizona to Virginia. Most recently I had my Panamera shipped from Northern Virginia to Long Beach, CA. Typically when I ship my car I opt for a closed container. This time however, I opted for the open container. I was not sure what to expect with an open container, but I am happy to say that my car came arrived in Long Beach with no issues. The driver was very professional and updated me every couple of days so I knew the timeline and when to expect delivery. Also, when I dropped my car off it was dirty on the outside as it had been raining and snowing in Virginia for several days. However, when it was delivered to me my car had been washed and air put into my tires. Thank you again RoadRunner for the first class service you provide. I am sure I will be contacting you again in the near future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The guy who came out to transport my vehicle was prompt and professional. He would initially do a check on the vehicle for scratches and bumps that was there before the move. He didn't say anything at the initial examination but called back saying that there were scratches and dents that weren't noticed in the exam. I thought that was pretty honest of him to point those out in my new Honda Accord, which I bought last month, otherwise I would have thought that those were the results of the transport. He transported the vehicle to the final destination: Minnesota (from Texas) earlier than the promised date and wanted to leave the final destination a day earlier than when I could receive the car.

I was kind of frustrated but I understood his situation, because there was a snowstorm headed that way. Fortunately, my apartment concierge was able to provide him my parking information, and he was able to park my car at a safe, designated parking space. Overall, the experience was good but I wished if he could have followed the itinerary exactly as it was discussed on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Started off questioning our choice... new experience to us. We were told our car could be picked up by Wednesday. We had the seller doing all the work at that end. Money had been transferred and we were afraid we wouldn't get it that week (seller off work). By Friday we had contacted customer service numerous times when Wednesday came and went. Told they had to get a carrier...and assured us it would be soon. We didn't know what was involved... and were finally told enough to make it clear. They were very responsive and professional.

We got notice on Saturday that it was being picked up... and figured it would be Wednesday before we got it as there was some distance to be traveled. Imagine our surprise when on Sunday... yes, SUNDAY we got a call he was 4 hours away. Very pleasant gentleman brought it here... Unloaded it and all after a long drive. Our ignorance was the only "problem"... but they soon assured us all would be taken care of. Can't recommend them enough!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Robert, thank you! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It brings us joy, we are as happy and you are. Thank you for trusting us with your Mustang.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: May 24, 2019

The gentleman who picked up and dropped off my car was a consummate professional. He took great care loading and unloading my car. He arrived a day earlier than expected, which was a pleasant surprise.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Driver was very easy to work with and I only saw him off load the car. He was very careful. I purchased the car without seeing it. The first time I saw the car was when it delivered here. There was major damage on the hood, deep cut and large paint missing. The driver needs to follow standard procedures in that he should have looked the car over and taken pictures. I got pictures from the sales person but no close up. I asked the dealer if the damage was there on the car before it was delivered but I got no answer. I will ask the sales person if she saw the damage. My "Feeling" is that the driver did not do it but I don't know.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Honda Accord 2008 Review - The entire process was extremely smooth and well organized. The driver showed up on time and was very courteous, he looked at the car, made sure everything was in order and loaded the vehicle onto the shipping ramp, I asked for a customer copy of the confirmation and did not hesitate to provide one. Once on the transport, he checked the wheels to see if they were securely fastened. The very next day to my surprise, I received a message saying that my car would be there tonight! Very quick, the car and all my possessions that I stored in it were intact. All in all an excellent job.

Original review: May 20, 2019

When I was shipping my car from California to Colorado, I expected it to be picked up earlier than it was, but when I called and asked about the progress your team was very upfront and told me about the difficulties they were facing, and once a driver was found, the delivery time was 2-3 days faster than I was expecting! I would definitely use you guys again.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Transport vehicle from Louisiana to Colorado. Communication was great and service and delivery was really good. My vehicle was picked up the same day I requested service and delivered ahead of schedule. The drivers were very friendly and professional.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I booked them 3 weeks ago to transport my car from San Diego to Houston. This was for my daughter who just finished school and was coming home. They never picked up the car, are extremely difficult to contact and she just left the car with friends and flew home. Now I'm faced with trying to get the car home. I call them several times a day. When I was able to talk to someone, they just said the same thing each time, "we are searching for a carrier and will let you know when we find one". Despite claiming they had many carriers in the San Diego area, they in fact, had none but kept stringing me along. Don't use this company.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

William, we are sorry to hear that the initial scheduled pickup of your vehicle did not go as smoothly as anticipated and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this delay has caused you and all others involved. We have asked our team to reach out to the carrier who was assigned to pick up your vehicle as well as inform you of their findings as soon as possible.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I used RRAT to ship my 2006 Santa Fe to my son who is training in Florida as part of his tour in the US Navy. The transport went quite well. There was a chance for a mix up as I specifically requested a Saturday arrival date as he is in training and I had no idea if he can just "slip out" of his training and collect the vehicle on a weekday. The transport operator told me at pick up that he would be there on Friday morning and that he would have to get permission to stay longer. This was very disconcerting as I had planned this out meticulously for my Sailor. I told him to contact my son and see if it was possible for a Friday pickup. It wound up going well as my son took possession of the car during his "lunch break". This would have been very problematic had he not been able to, but it was resolved so I am quite pleased with RRAT.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Truck Driver - The driver was very professional and personable. I would highly recommend this company and driver to any of the friends that would be traveling throughout the country. I will for sure be utilizing this service in the future.

Original review: May 15, 2019

RoadRunner was able to deliver my car from Connecticut to Denver safely, quickly and fairly affordable. They even allowed me to have a few items inside the car, that needed to be delivered as well. The communication and billing etc with the company was professional and more than competent.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2019

Road Runner trucking sent a flatbed from Arts Trucking in Spokane Wa to transport my Blazer to its new owner in Calif. The driver went into my garage and pushed it out to their flatbed. In doing so they bent the door so it would not close properly. After they slammed it repeatedly bending the striker and tearing the metal around it they got it partially closed.

When the new owner got the Blazer a day late and with a dead battery they did not put it in reverse to remove the key. It is a 3spd on the column. I explained this to them when they picked it up and they said they never heard of a 3spd on column and the back tires were flat. The tires never leaked any in the 2 years I owned it. When you google Arts Towing it says permanently closed. I dont think they have insurance or a business license or a legitimate company. Out of the goodness of our heart my wife and I sent the new owner a 1000 dollars to fix the damages so he could fix the Blazer and drive it. Please look into this issue please. Bill **

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Bill we sincerely apologize for any damages your vehicle may have sustained and regret that your shipment did not go as planned. We have the name of the carrier company listed differently in your file and assure you that all of our carriers are licensed and insured. We also internally rate carriers based on performance, so we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Original review: May 9, 2019

For duration of the whole event, vehicle moving, all was fine, and professional. Nothing could have been better. Getting my car and then its delivery at the new location. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Driver was dead on time at both pick up and drop off. The pick up was smooth based on my friend who handled it. Took a few pictures, signed something and boom he was off with it. Same at the drop by the time I walked out to the truck the Jeep was on the street. I signed and boom he was gone. Very efficient job. I run a production environment company and I was impressed. The jeep had no damage and it only took 51hrs from Tuscaloosa to San Diego. Last car on and 2nd to last off. Great job.

Original review: May 9, 2019

BLUF: Company does not deliver promised services, does not communicate or respond to inquiries, and will not compensate you if something goes wrong on their end. I booked transport for my vehicle from Seattle to North Carolina and was quoted delivery on May 7th. When I reached out on May 7th the company told me delivery was on schedule for that day, and that it might show up as late as 9pm. It did not arrive that day.

The following day (May 8th) I reached out again and was told no update was available, but there was up to a 48 hour grace period for delivery to account for unforeseen delays (breakdowns, weather, etc). I asked for immediate update when they were able to provide a new estimated delivery time and date. I was told they would contact the carrier and call me back as soon as they had an update. I never received a call.

Today I reached out again and was told that they'd received an update yesterday, that the carrier had broken down, and the new delivery date was May 13th - when I will not be available to receive the vehicle. I was told there was nothing they could do, and that carrier delays were not their responsibility. I was told a manager would contact me. I still have not received any communication from a manager, the service representative could not transfer me and could only flag my account. When I attempted to call the company's direct local number for service I was sent to voicemail and told to leave a message.

Road Runner does not communicate problems, does not respond to inquiries, and has not delivered in anything approaching the promised service. When confronted the company made no good faith effort to ensure delivery as quickly as possible or to accommodate the numerous costs and inconveniences it inflicted on me. One of the worse business experiences I've had in recent memory. Do not do business with this company. Find someone else.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The coordination was excellent getting the car to New Mexico and meeting up with the driver within hours of my son flying in. The texts from the driver, Frank, were very helpful in knowing exactly when the car would get there.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 7, 2019

I have done many international vehicle transports, I never expected that a few states stretch would be complex, but it was. Price changed on the date of pick up, a change in date pickup, and the account wasn't showing changes that had been requested in advance. The driver had to be paid in cash, which was never part of the original deal. I had to be the go between, when I paid Road Runner to do that, and all they did was make the arrangement between the driver and myself, and at a steep price on top. I REALLY wish I had a better experience. Problems between the dispatch and the driver are never the responsibility of the consumer to mediate.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Abby, we are sorry to read that your experience was anything less than five stars, and apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 6, 2019

My car was delivered 2 days early and filthy. I understand cars getting dirty in an open trailer. But my car was abnormally dirty compared to the other cars. Upon driving it home and washing it there are about 12 deep gouges on the roof. The dirt hid the damage really well. Looks like a chain or strap of some kind hit the roof. The online tracking is a joke. The car has been delivered and the tracking shows the car has not been picked up yet from the dealer. Now comes the hard part to see if anyone acknowledges my e-mails. So far no response from RoadRunner concerning the damage received while in transit. I was hoping for better...

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Paul, we sincerely apologize for the damages that have occurred to your vehicle, We have asked that a representative reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to address and resolve this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 4, 2019

I requested estimated from RoadRunner in mid March 2019 at which time Anthony the dispatcher began to bombard me with emails twice a day and called every other day, I had to tell him don't ring my phone again as I don't need them to remind me of my business. In retrospect a bad omen, desperation is a bad cue point.

I initially booked with Roadrunner on Friday 04/26/2019 for the transport of 2 vehicles, the first on Monday 04/29/2019 the from Pelham Alabama to North Charleston SC to arrive on Wednesday 05/01/2019. I was informed that it would take 24-48 hours to arrange transport, On Monday afternoon 04/29/2019 I called and spoke with a female who informed me that they were working on it and attempted to mislead me by saying not to many drivers come thru the Birmingham Alabama area heading to SC, Untrue! I booked with "Ship A Car Direct" the # 1 ranked auto transport company and had the car picked up on Tuesday 04/30/2019 and deliver on Thursday 05/02/2019 no problems.

Incident # 2 is unfolding as I type this review, I received an text msg yesterday Friday 05/03/2019 at 136pm stating that a a carrier had been assigned and is pending my confirmation to avoid further delays. Called the 516-271-1311 number and confirmed. I was told that I'd be receiving an email with the drivers info shortly thereafter. It is now 12:34 pm on Saturday 05/04/2019 and I've been attempting to contact RoadRunner since 10:35 am this morning to get the drivers info to coordinate the pick up as I should not have to be held up all day while I'm paying someone to provide a service.

No response on 2 different numbers, no response to msg's left, got an email response that said they were issuing a new ticket # !!! No explanation whatsoever! At which time I contacted my financial institute to cancel the pending payment while sending a lengthy email to RoadRunner documenting the event for legal purposes... That was at 11:32 am today May 04 2019 then at 12:10 pm I emailed them again cancelling the transaction altogether. It is now 12:46 pm I have not heard via phone or email from RoadRunner.

I've since called Ship A Car Direct who is currently working to provide transport of vehicle #2 from North Charleston SC to Only MD. Please don't be fooled by the generic apologetic response that RoadRunner will attach to this msg as they have on several of these apparent truth documentations of their sub par performance record. This is not a company to deal with at ALL!!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Cornell, we understand that you had multiple shipments booked with us and apologize for calling you regarding each order instead of addressing each matter at the same time. We clearly state that all dates are tentative and subject to change and regret that you chose to cancel with us before we were able to assist you with your transport.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

On 3/19/2019 we agreed to have RoadRunner ship our car from La Quinta CA to Dresher PA. Our car was ready to ship on 4/29/2019, so they had 6 weeks to arrange the transportation. I called them on 4/26 as they still had not found a carrier. I called again on 4/27, 4/28 and 4/29 in an effort to have them commit to a transport carrier. They did not return my call, never contacted me in any way to tell me they had no carrier and never provided the transport they promised.

Finally on 4/30 I tried to get alternative transport as we were schedule to fly to Philly the next day. RoadRunner STILL never contacted me to say if they would or would not be able to get a carrier. We finally ran out of time, canceled our flight to Philly (ate the cost of the tickets) and are now in the process of driving over 3,000 miles back to the Philly area. We are stuck with mileage on the car, gas costs, 4 nights of hotel bills and the lost cost of our planned air travel. I have an important meeting in Philly and needed to get back. We also needed the car. In short, RoadRunner is completely unreliable. DO NOT USE THEM if you need to transport your vehicle.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Rick, we’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and additional costs you may have experienced. It is hard to confirm that a driver will in fact be in a location during their anticipated time frame weeks in advance, especially when they hit a lot of traffic, so typically carrier assignment happens on or close to your ready date in order to maintain accuracy and prevent last minute cancellations. For this reason we do express that all dates associated with transport are tentative and estimated. We deeply regret that you chose to cancel with us before we were able to assist you with your transport.

Original review: April 30, 2019

First of all the driver was courteous from start to finish. Dispatch would let me know when and where the driver was. They treat all cars the same respect. I would definitely recommend RoadRunner Transportation to my friends.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Original review: April 22, 2019

Transported 2 vehicles from Ct. to Florida. Very happy with Scott who did the transport. Very professional and kept in contact throughout the transport. He had to load and unload in the middle of rainstorm.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The company transported my car from Fresno, California to Pembroke Pines Pines, Browsed County, FL in just 3 full days. That was incredible and unheard of. The service was great and the personnel very courteous. Great job, Guys!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

This company is a broker and they simply try to get your deal off the street by telling you they will get a carrier. They never gave me any solid pickup info. They claim 5 stars but don't fall for this. Try speaking to a real person which I could not find. The e chat was a joke as well. Here I sit on the day of pickup and they did not have a carrier and never bothered to inform me. Run from this one!

Original review: April 19, 2019

We had a great experience with almost everyone we worked with at RoadRunner. The only thing that aggravated us a bit was that I was put on hold numerous times for long periods of time and a couple of those times NOBODY came back to the phone. I had one guy that told me he needed to research my delivery a little more and said he would call me back by the afternoon - He never called back!!! This is why we can’t give 5 stars. But once I finally got in touch with a live person via chat, the order seemed to start moving. And man, did they move!!! The delivery guys were AWESOME! They called when they picked up the car. They called to let us know an approximate time of arrival the next day (Maryland-Alabama). They called one last time when they were 5 minutes away and completed the delivery with care and professionalism!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I found this auto company online. As soon as I requested for information I got a call with estimates. I did not schedule a pickup at the time however they stayed in touch. Once I got myself situated I called RoadRunner and my car was delivered to me from California to Maryland in 5 days!! My car was unscathed!! Thanks sooo much Road Runner.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information