It's that easy Request Information
3.41/5
Based on 85 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff works around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

125 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2018

I received a quote of 1200 and booked my car with a ready date of 6/28. I would have thought that a carrier would be assigned to me at least 24 hours before however on 6/28 no carrier was assigned to me. I called their customer service line which is a joke. It rings for three minutes then makes you leave a message. I left one but received no callback. I receive a callback right away once I tried to cancel because I spoke to another company that told me they quoted me too low and informed me they could assign a carrier to me that day.

RoadRunner then informed me themselves that they have a carrier in my area but the price will change from 1295 to 1495. I agree and they tell me the carrier can be at my house in an hour. I was using my car for work still as I was moving the following week so I had to leave work and meet the driver ASAP. Fast forward two weeks to 7/9 my aunt who I was shipping my car to receives a call stating the car will be there between 10am-1pm. She waits till about 2 and contacts me. I call the carrier company and am informed that they accidentally dispatched my carrier when his truck was actually in the shop. They then call my aunt and tell her they will have it to her by 10pm. She agrees however isn’t too happy about it.

They then call her after 10 and state they can’t drop it off till almost midnight. She says she can’t stay up that late. She calls me informs me of this. I call the carrier and they tell me that if they don’t deliver it today it will be an extra charge. I don’t get how they are going to charge me for their screw up but I tell them to just leave it in the driveway with the keys in it and tell my aunt.

Next day I receive a call from my aunt stating the car isn’t in her driveway. The carrier took pictures of my car in a driveway with an American flag and the unit number however my aunt doesn’t have an American flag. I have a GPS tracker in my car and to no surprise the company dropped it off at the wrong house. This was possibly the worst experience I’ve had with any company and I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and giving us the opportunity to address them. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced and will definitely address them with the carrier that assisted with your transport. We regret the experience you've had and sincerely apologize. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use to improve our services for future customers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 4, 2018

I booked with this company on June 15th for a July 3 pickup. My research showed 15 days to be sufficient for the proper planning required on MOST competent companies' ends to solidify arrangements. On June 29th, after receiving NO follow-up communication from the company, I unsuccessfully attempted to contact the customer service department 12 times for a total of 42 minutes. On July 1st I called and left a message that went unreturned. I also submitted an update inquiry via their online help service and received a reply that offered NO information or resolution. On July 2nd I called multiple times and was able to reach a customer service rep by afternoon. She stated that they were in the process of assigning a carrier (which is the same status my request had been in since June 15th) and that the driver would contact me when they were 2-3 hours away.

July 3rd came and went and there was no pick-up. I began my attempts to contact the company again at 1030 am on July 4th and have been, as of yet, unsuccessful. I would actively discourage anyone from utilizing this company for their auto transport needs. After looking at the feedback and reviews, this seems to be a pattern of behavior with this particular company. RoadRunner Auto Transport is the most unreliable, unprofessional and disappointing transport company I have ever had the displeasure of attempting to work with. After completing 4 personal cross-country auto transports and 6 more assists, that's saying something. When a company's reviews show you who they are, BELIEVE THEM. My fervent hope is that this company reaps exactly what it sows.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I called them over 10 times. There was no response to any of my messages and they never picked up phone. They failed to pick my car up completely or notify me that there was a delay. The only called me the following day after I talked to a representative online. The guy I spoke to laughed and said, good luck finding another company to move my car. This company is disrespectful and simply expects you to put up with their poor service.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I booked a week ahead. It’s been ten days now. My vehicle supposed to be picked up last Saturday but no one showed up. Yes, nobody explained the situation. I tried to make a call but since it was weekend, I had to email them and complained. On Monday (Today), RoadRunner didn’t reply to my emails and I have to call few times. It was hard to reach them. The messages didn’t help at all. They just said they are trying their best but they are not sure, so they can’t confirm anything. They said it will take another 7 to 10 days to find a carrier for my vehicle. WHAT??? When I got a quote or booked, they didn’t mention anything about this. They just said, "There’s still availability for your desired date, so hurry to book!!!" And I paid the deposit! I’m moving after three days and my car is not picked up. If the carrier doesn’t show up in three days, what should I do? I don’t understand why there’s booking system!!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like assist you. A carrier has been assigned for your move. A representative from our customer service department will be following up with you shortly to give you more information regarding your pickup.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 29, 2018

I booked the transport of my vehicle 6 weeks in advance. Vehicle to be transported from Minnesota to California. RoadRunner couldn't contact me enough before I booked with them. Once I booked, total, deafening silence. I tried calling, leaving voicemails, sending emails - all to no avail. No one ever responded to a single contact. A few days before the schedule shipment, I contacted them because I still had no confirmation of a carrier assignment, and no confirmation that my pickup date was good. I had to contact them through their chat access. Was basically told there was nothing they could do.

I am now stuck here, having made travel plans to go to Minnesota from California, four days before pickup (2 of those days over the weekend) not knowing if they are going to pick up the car or not. Can't talk to a real person, cannot get any confirmation, it's certainly as if they don't care. It is totally unacceptable to make a booking well in advance, provide them with all necessary info and deposit info, be assured everything is great, then receive no info and be down to 4 days before shipping and still no confirmation or anyone to talk to. It's like the company doesn't really exist except to take your order and then disappear. If I could give them zero stars I would.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Dennis, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience and would like assist you. A representative from our customer service department will be following up with you shortly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 28, 2018

Not only are the customer support staff incredibly RUDE, but they don’t have direction from the Supervisor because he is the exact same way as well!! Called to report a rude experience with one of the customer service representatives, Jordan **, then while explaining the situation, I’m continually interrupted and basically told that what happened doesn’t matter. What took the cake was when the SUPERVISOR, Zach, after continuously interrupting me, hung up in my face! Will NEVER use their services and I DO NOT recommend them to ANYONE.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can address them with the representatives that assisted you. We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had booked shipment of 2 cars 10 days back. Today was the pickup date. No pickup. No communication. I tried calling them at least 10 times in last days. Even if somebody picks up after trying 5 times, they put me on hold never to return. This is beyond frustration. I have already booked my flight for myself to leave the place tomorrow. I am stranded now. Even if keep my cars at friends place, I have to rent a car in the destination city for more no. of days. Eventually the cost of shipment is too high for the unreliability. Learnt my lesson in hard way to trust these guys. Even after planning ahead by 10 days I am suffering.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation. We have notified our customer service team and have scheduled a follow up. A representative will be following up with you within 2 business days to further assist you.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We booked our car transport on 6/3 for a 6/22 pick up for a cross country move from AZ to NC. Today is 6/26 and Roadrunner Auto Transport hasn’t shown up. We have called the customer service number daily, we were left on hold through their automated answering service, and our call was never picked up by a live person. We left over 5 messages and have emailed 2 times all in the past 5 days with NO RESPONSES. We even sent a message through Facebook last night, NO RESPONSES. We are leaving tomorrow and still have no idea how we are going to move our car. We are stressed out, completely frustrated, and extremely disappointed with the lack of customer service Roadrunner Auto Transport is providing.

Jeffrey,

Original review: June 22, 2018

Needed to have my 65 Corvette Fuelie and 50 Anniversary 2015 Mustang moved to our new home in the Texas Hill Country. RoadRunner was able to have an enclosed van pick up the cars early in the morning and delivered late the same afternoon. Having had cars shipped in the past, the driver is key to the process being easy or scary as heck. We won the lottery and our driver was the best. He cared for the cars like they were his own.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Rick, Thank you for sharing your shipping experience with us here at Road Runner Auto Transport! We strive to provide the same great service for each of our customers.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2018

I finalized the booking with this company on May 7, for June 20. It is June 21 (they had SIX WEEKS) to figure out how to get my car from point A to point B. I get the run-around any time I try to ask for an update. I am moving across the country, and need to both ensure my car is on the carrier, and receive it on the other side. This company was great in booking the car, and terrible on the follow through and execution. I would not use them again, given the amount of additional and unnecessary stress this process is creating.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2018

I am writing this review because I booked an auto transport exactly one month ago today for a pick up of 06/18 for a shipment from Miami to LA. I was told that I would be contacted when a driver was assigned. I've call on numerous occasions but still no driver. Because it's Friday and my car was to be shipped on Monday, I tried calling a few times today to cancel but only received the voicemail although they are open until 9pm. I would not recommend this company because, even a month out, they were not able to find a driver to ship my vehicle in a timely manner.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had. Unfortunately we were unable to secure a carrier for your route within your desired shipping dates. We are susceptible to delays and for this reason can never guarantee specific dates. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The reservation was easy to make and the details were accurately recorded. The vehicle was picked up on time and the transport driver carefully inspected the vehicle and had me sign off on his observations. The delivery occurred even sooner than promised. Great experience all around.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Paul, Thank you for taking the time to share your shipping experience with us here at Road Runner Auto Transport. Please let us know if you wish to ship again in the future.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 10, 2018

They quoted us ** for our car to be shipped 5 hours. We paid over half the balance to them on our credit card. And said we only needed to pay 150 to the people who delivered the car. When the car was delivered they said Roadrunner said we would give them 200. We were asking why it was 200 and they said, "Here's our contract. It says y'all will give us 200." We showed them our email from them showing the balance of only needing to pay 150. We had to give the extra 50 or they would have taken our car for not paying. These people are crooks and will rip you off!!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Christina, We sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding payment. We have not charged you anything extra then the amount we quoted you. Your transport was quoted at $345 and that is exactly what you were charged. The only change made was $200 to the driver instead of $150 and $145 deposit on your card. We never raised any prices. We hope this clarifies any confusion.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am so angry, we are waiting for a return call for pickup that should have happened on May 31 and never did. My father passed away and left me his car. I am a single mother of a child with autism. I am in desperate need of this vehicle. We are already stressed with the passing of my dad. know we are stressed with the lack of professionalism and compassion. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ROADRUNNER TRANSPORTATION.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Kimberly, We sincerely apologize and deeply regret the experience you've had. We never intended to cause such a disruption. When transporting vehicles we become susceptible to delays for reasons that are out of our control. For this reason we can never guarantee specific dates and all dates associated with transport are estimated.We do apologize and appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.

Original review: June 4, 2018

This company is also known as Caribbean Car Transport, Puerto Rico Car Transport, and probably other names and have various numbers that lead to the same call center 904-322-7644, (954) 448-7447; 888-777-2123, etc. When I first searched for shipping a car overseas I did a quote online and a guy named Ralph ** called me back immediately. I thought wow! they have good customer service. After I won the bid at an auction in GA and I called for transport I was told that because the car has some damage is going to be $100 more than what I was originally quoted. It wasn't optimal but given the fact that I needed the car to be transported I agreed. This was a BIG MISTAKE!!! I can't write this in letters big enough.

I paid $1495 which I was told by Ralph (which was all buddy buddy) that I would not be charged until the car is picked from the auction. On May 1, 2018 I did all the required paperwork with Giselle ** and everything went well this was on Tuesday. I checked my account and I noticed that they took my money the following day and told me the car would be picked up no later than Thursday afternoon which was the last day that the auction would hold my car without charging me storage fees. I was told that the tracking number does not work until your car gets to the port. According to the contract the car was supposed to be at the port by 5/9/18 and was supposed to be available for pick up on 5/22/18.

The next Monday I called the auction to find out about the title and I see that I am being charged storage fees. I was like WTH is this? It must be some kind of mistake the auction checked and double checked and told me that no one has picked up the car and they have to charge $20 per day until the car is picked up. So I start calling Ralph (954) 448-7447 ext ** and Giselle ** 904.322.7644 ext **. I left both of them numerous messages and neither one answered. I also sent them various emails and got no response.

I called the Caribbean Car Shipping customer service number. At least the lady who answered Jocelyn was very nice and tried to help but she has limited access to info and it does not seem that she has much influence over what happens. I kept on calling them on a daily basis for a week and a half and each time I call I was on hold for at least 30 minutes. I am not exaggerating another time I was on hold for one hour and 5 minutes.. So to make a story short. I had to pay almost two hundred dollars extra for the car due to storage fees.

So after they picked up the car it took them about another week to get it to the port. As of now the car is still seating at the port supposedly in FL. I call and call and every time I get told that the car will be shipped "sometime this week but I never get a date" because everything with these people is always an estimate. Each time I call is a different excuse as to why the car has not been shipped. There is not enough staff at the port or something stupid or other. So it's been almost a month since I've been dealing with this ordeal.

My recommendation is STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!! THEY ARE NOT SHIPPING COMPANIES THEY ARE BROKERS. It would not be so bad if they were responsible and actually knew what they were doing. Save yourself the headache and find someone else. I would give this company negative stars if I could. The only reason I put one star is because I am required to do so in order to be able to write the review.

Erick,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this delay has caused you. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention so that we have the opportunity to address and resolve your issues. A representative will be in touch with you to further assist you.

Original review: May 31, 2018

All the other 1 star reviews on RoadRunner Auto Transport are 100% correct. This company will call you several times a day when you get a quote to try and get you to book and give them a credit card. Once you book all communication is cut off. My pick up date came and went, they never showed up, never called and it is not possible to get them on the phone or a response from emails. If you call, they automatically place you on hold for 5 to 10 minutes then say they can't take your call and to leave a message. The messages are never returned.

I even selected the option to make a new booking which they answer after 2 rings. When I explained I already had a booking and needed information, they say "hold on a minute" and then they don't come back on the line and it goes to the "can't take your call, leave message" routine. They say to cancel and avoid being charged you MUST speak to a representative at (888) 574-6638, that number rings several times, answers and immediately disconnects. Over 50 emails and 40 calls went unanswered. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AS THEY WILL NOT BE TRANSPORTING YOUR CAR.

Michael,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. Unfortunately due to high season demands we are experiencing a high volume of calls and apologize for any difficulties you encountered reaching us. We strive to provide excellent service and regret the experience you've had. We are currently making internal changes to improve our customer service experience for future customers.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 23, 2018

I have recently gotten on the computer for finding a reputable Moving Carrier from Florida and to Ohio, the companies bad mouth each other. I don't know who to go with. I have decided to go with Household Hauling in Hallandale, Fl. RoadRunner called me to ask if I made a decision. I told them who I chose and they were indirectly badmouthing Household Hauling, now I don't know who to believe. Could you help me as a single and senior citizen.

Hi Eloise,

Unfortunately you have us confused with a different company here at Road Runner Auto Transport we only ship vehicles not house hold goods. We suggest you use this link to search here on Consumer Affairs for a reputable moving company. Please let us know if you need assistance with transporting your vehicle. Best of luck we hope this helps!

Original review: May 17, 2018

It is the day that I was to have RoadRunner come pick up our 2 SUVs and we still don't have confirmation of them being picked up. Supervisor who would not allow me to talk to anyone above her said that she was "baffled" that no driver had picked up the route because it is an "easy one from California to North Carolina". The supervisor went on to tell me the process is they take an order, which she called an estimated day they would try to pick up our cars and then they throw it on some dashboard and drivers call in and bid for the deal. If no drivers call in, you are screwed. She offered it's not a big deal if I am not physically present when the cars get picked up. I could put the keys somewhere or have another person become the contact while we wait for what could be days, months, years for someone to pick up the order. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Over the past 10 days, I have constantly called, emailed and requested calls for status. The salesperson Brandon ** disappeared after the sale. I have sent numerous emails to him and called him saying, 'Hey can you help me," and nothing. They also quit doing things in writing about 1 week prior. The last email I got was 5 days before the move and they said the following: "Yes, we are still awaiting carrier confirmation on your booking. Since your ready date isn’t until 5/17 as we get closer to that date a call will be placed once a carrier confirms the pickup, we're hopeful for early next week." I am "baffled" at how this company does business and would strongly suggest you go elsewhere for service. It's not that there is an issue, it is how they are handling it. No options to really help me, no commitment whatsoever as to a date and they are "baffled"... So am I.

Randy,

We're so sorry to read of your experience with us. We sincerely apologize and deeply regret the experience you've had. We appreciate the time you took to review our service and provide valuable feedback. We are currently making internal changes to improve our services for future customers.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Transport 2008 Toyota RAV4 from Reno, Nevada to Danbury, Connecticut. The car was loaded up on time and delivered to the destination. The transport unit had a mechanical problems so the car was unloaded/delivered about 20 miles form the destination without problems, although my daughter was a little bit scared bringing $1,200 cash to the site at 9PM in the evening.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When I call to customer care for booking a car delivery they were very polite and were keep on calling until l booked the delivery. Once it's booked they were gone. They won't respond, and if you try 10 time you may be lucky to reach them. Even after you caught them on call, they won't tell you how many days/weeks it will take to pick your car. I waited for one week and when I called them they said, "If you want you can cancel your booking." Staff were really irresponsible. Don't go for this Transport.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Hired and PAID RoadRunner $1,294.00 to transport a vehicle for us. They were polite and professional up until the point they received our check. Cashed our check and DISAPPEARED - have been calling our contact as well as customer service for over one week. No answer, no reply, no car, money gone. COMPLETE and TOTAL CROOKS.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Very courteous and friendly when making the reservation. The transporter texted me the night before giving me an approximate time the vehicle would be picked up. The transporter was on time and extremely polite. He took great care in loading the vehicle. When the transporter got to the destination he texted me and send a picture to confirm. Excellent customer service and very appreciative for the business. I would highly recommend.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I booked the service after talking to the customer service group after emailing a form. Very professional and very responsive and they called me back same day multiple times. I agreed to booking time and they said it was confirmed. The day before the car pick up I called the service and they said it was booked and they would call me the day before the pick up. It took me 3 times and waiting to get through to the carrier booking area. This is a different department than the quote department. It is now 7:43 pm. I have been calling all day and after 8 calls I was able to talk to someone that told me I was all set and they would call me 3 hours before pick up today with the last pick up being 9 pm. I used the email message service and I have been calling non stop since 6 pm. No return calls. I reached the sales department and they said they had nothing to do with the pick up service. I guess they sell you the dream and then no one cares.

Steve,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you've had. Thank you for providing feedback it will allow us to make changes to better our services for future customers.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Needed a vehicle picked up at my home in PA and dropped off in GA. The person who came to my home was very nice and professional. I got a call 45 minutes before the vehicle was to be delivered in Georgia just to confirm address with me. Great experience!

Hi Janet,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us here at Road Runner Auto Transport! We really appreciate it!

Original review: March 12, 2018

My experience with RoadRunner was completely excellent!! The driver was very professional and friendly. Delivery was ahead of schedule and pickup was on time. The price was right, service was great and I would highly recommend RoadRunner to anyone needing to transport a vehicle.

Hi Bill,

We are delighted to read that you were happy with our services! We strive to provide the same excellent service to each of our customers. Thank you for the feedback we really appreciate it!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Finding the need to transport my car from CT to FL I called this company 3 weeks prior to anticipated pickup. I was assured my given date of pickup would be met. I was told they would call me 24-48 hours prior to pick up. Being anxious I called the Monday before the Friday pickup was due. I was told “they are working on it”. I began calling again on Thursday and was told they hadn’t found a carrier yet but they would and then call me. They repeated several times their drivers worked 9-9 pm and they would find someone. I continued calling until Friday morning when I was again told no drivers yet but be patient. Given a packed car and airline tickets for Saturday morning my inner feeling was now distrustful. I continued calling for updates and finally asked for a supervisor.

I was put on hold and finally hung up and called back opting for the information persons and not the “information on booked pickups. I was then told drivers were scarce because of the past holidays and they frankly had no idea when my car could be picked up. Despite my booking 3 weeks ahead of pickup time they obviously had my date buried under their backlog. “You will just have to wait“ was the next statement from their representative. I then called another company, booked my car with assurances it would be picked up in the morning and called Roadrunners and cancelled. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. Poor communication... No transparency and worse... Wants the business and can’t provide it.

Nancy,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. We can never guarantee specific pick up dates for this exact reason. We are susceptible to delays during transport therefore we let our customers know that all dates are tentative. We're sorry we were unable to provide the pickup on the date that you needed. Thank you for your feedback it will help us make necessary improvements to our customer support team.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My car was supposed to get to me on Wednesday (it is now Saturday). It was already a day late, then There was a delay for it coming Thursday because of weather conditions, which is understandable but then the company failed to get it to me the following day. They then dropped my car off at another company (in no way related to the first company) and only gave me one phone number to call. This company then told me my car would be to me Saturday by noon. And it is now Saturday at 1pm and I have yet to hear from them, I have called both companies several times and there is no answer. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They have failed to meet timeline after timeline and make good on multiple things they have told me. They have handled this situation with complete disregard for my vehicle and me, considering I do not have a vehicle until they show up with mine.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

After I was clarified on the sequence of the transport process, including the down payment price range, I was very satisfied and appreciated the professional performance of the entire RoadRunner team.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

RoadRunner Auto Transport is the worst of the worst. They were very aggressive in booking the transport of my car on a specific date. I was told by Shawn/Sean that RoadRunner was a service organization and that my car would be picked up on time and delivered on time. AFTER 9 DAYS, I NEVER had a driver to transport my car from San Diego to Baton Rouge.

After they failed to meet the initial deadline, I gave them another week and a driver was never identified. I called and emailed them not less than 15 times AND NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE. I HAVE NEVER HAD A WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A "SERVICE" ORGANIZATION IN MY LIFE. After I finally spoke to a "manager" who admitted after 9 days there was never a driver assigned to the delivery of my car, there was not a "we're sorry" or "what can we do to address this problem?" There was no remorse whatsoever. It was just a day in the life of this company. Here is what happened to me:

December 18, Monday. Place order with Shawn/Sean. He told me to hurry to order so that he could expedite pick up on Wednesday or Thursday. He encouraged me to sign up quickly. He also told me why I should use RoadRunner because of the service you provide. Again, I stressed that I wanted the vehicle picked up no later than Thursday. Shawn/Sean said that “would work”.
December 19, Tuesday. Received Booking Confirmation. (8:27 a.m.) I continued to monitor their website for Carrier Assignment.
December 19, Tuesday. Called and was told that you were waiting on a driver but it looked like Thursday was possible.

December 20, Wednesday. Called and was told that they were waiting on a driver but it looked like Thursday was still possible.

December 21, Thursday. Called and was told that they were waiting on a driver but it looked like Thursday was still possible. Instead of taking a risk and knowing that the shop that had my car would be closed on Friday, I rescheduled to December 27. The woman said that would be no problem and it would be picked up on Wednesday, December 27th. Received another booking confirmation with December 27th. I continued to monitor their site and saw that there was still no Carrier Assignment.

December 26, Tuesday
10:00 a.m. Spoke to a lady who said that there had not been an assignment but it would happen by the end of the day (Tuesday). Continued to monitor the site – no Carrier Assignment.
4:00 p.m. Called – no answer – left message to return call which said that the next available representative would return the call. No call returned.

5:48 p.m. Called – waited and was disconnected.

5:51 p.m. Called – no answer – left message to return call which said that the next available representative would return the call. No call returned.
6:03 p.m. Sent email on the info@RRAutoTransport.com email with information and asked for a call – no response.

6:10 p.m. Sent email on Contact Us within website with information – no response.

December 27, Wednesday

9:45 a.m. Spoke to a Laura who said that there had not been an assignment but you were still trying to get a driver. I asked, "Will the car be picked up “yes or no” today?" She said that she couldn’t answer that. I asked if a manager would call me. She said that she would give the message to the manager. I told her that I would call back at noon. If the car isn’t going to be picked up today, I want to cancel and submit reports of these events. THE MANAGER NEVER CALLED ME BACK.

10:15 Sent another email asking for someone to call me to see if the car was going to be picked up as scheduled (2nd request).
12:50 Sent another email asking for someone to call me to see if the car was going to be picked up as scheduled (3rd request).
1:30 Called, left a message.

1:45 Finally got a person and asked to speak to a manager that admitted that there was no driver and she had no idea when one would be assigned. I cancelled. NO ONE FROM THIS COMPANY CONTACTED ME SINCE DECEMBER 18 TO DECEMBER 27.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This company is the WORST in Customer Service and has just succeeded in completely ruining Christmas, as I booked shipment of my vehicle as a present to my son (Booking # **) to California from Alabama on November 2nd, and after speaking with 3 representatives (Nicole, Clarie, and Elizabeth) who did a below mediocre attempt to locate their trucking company (Rus-AL,Inc. who has still never responded).

Their manager (Pam) then suggests a new appointment with another company with an uncertain vehicle pick up day/time, and refused to accommodate a first time client with even a suggestion of some sort of discount for the inconvenience of a new booking, undocumented urgency as I have a flight out of Alabama on 12/19, an unreturned voicemail left for 4th associate Nick **, and overall piss-poor client and 3rd party services experienced. I refuse to promote this company, as there is NOT one decent, empathetic human being associated with RoadRunner!

RoadRunner Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Using a network of more than 3,500 certified auto transport professionals, Road Runner Auto Transport offers fast and reliable shipping.

• No upfront cost: Shippers only pay once a carrier has been assigned and pickup has been scheduled.

• Customer satisfaction: Good customer service can make the difference between a smooth delivery and numerous snafus.

• Guaranteed insurance coverage: Every carrier contracted through Road Runner carries at least $750,000 in insurance, so if something does go wrong, every vehicle is covered.

• Broker: Third-party shipping providers may not be as invested in customer service as the originating broker is.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information