It's that easy Request Information
2.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff works around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

142 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

RoadRunner Auto Transport is the WORST, MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, LYING company I have ever had the unfortunate experience to do business with. Do not use RoadRunner Auto Transport!!! They lie about pick up, lie about delivery, do not answer their phones or emails. Bruce promised on time delivery and drop off but as soon as the order was placed he was nowhere to be found. Phone calls and emails went unanswered. I was told the car would be picked up on a certain date. No one had the courtesy to advise me that the car would not be picked up as promised until 7:30 PM.

The pickup driver, who was 15 minutes from the location, said he has just been notified to pick up the car but due to the time, he would pick up the following day. We wasted a whole day waiting for the car to be picked up. Bruce also promised a delivery to my home with a 3 hour window notice. Days went by with no response. I was finally contacted by a dispatcher who said the car would be delivered on the side of the freeway in 40 minutes. At the time I was in a new home, new state and with no transportation.

When this was relayed to the dispatcher, I was told if I didn’t make arrangements to meet the truck on the side of the freeway the car would go to Maine and they would catch me when they came back several days later. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were busy. I asked for a return call and no one ever called. The dispatcher actually said I would most likely not receive a return call. If you want to deal with a professional, ethical company look elsewhere because these guys are not it. I felt like I was dealing with a bunch of gangsters.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My customer ordered a ladder on Saturday. I created a BOL on Monday morning to ship it out to him on Tuesday. Without any communication, Roadrunner canceled it. (Roadrunner says that there is never any status reported until the following day). So, on Wednesday, I looked at the status, and their website showed the BOL had been canceled. We investigated, they stonewalled. We created another BOL. The same thing happened with the same day and a half delay. Now we have a customer who will be lucky to get his ladder shipped by Friday -- almost a week after ordering it! RoadRunner is a bunch of stupid and lazy, work-averse "people" who don't care about burning their customers! My companies will never do business with them again!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I trusted my vehicle to Roadrunner Auto Shipping to transport it from California To Washington State. My initial experience with their booking dept was fine. The broker, Patrick ** did a great job. However when it came time to deliver the vehicle they failed horribly in communicating when they would deliver. People must make arrangements in advance and your shippers change the dates and times constantly and your REAL TIME tracking is a complete JOKE, which only says "Currently in Route". The number provided to me to text the driver was a bogus number and no one answered my 7 texts. Thus I would strongly suggest NOT to use this company as you will not get timely returned calls and when they do call, they have absolutely no information to provide.

Please be aware and read all the reviews before making your choice. I am still waiting for my delivery over 36 hours past the scheduled time of delivery which they verbally confirmed and which their REAL TIME tracking says. I will be happy to update this review if the final delivery goes well. Also, I feel that pushing a $95.00 insurance policy on the car when it is supposed to be covered by your policy is taking advantage of (my elderly mother and sister) who are not familiar with your promised services. If you refund the $95.00 insurance fee and deliver the vehicle without any more issues, I will update my review of your service. The delivery was a huge mistake. I waited several hours and after all the phone calls I made I was only ever contacted once 15 minutes before the driver was to arrive. This is not what was promised. Please be careful using this company. The driver didn't even know that all payments for the service were made in advance.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

This is the worst, most unprofessional, lackadaisical company I have ever run across. I have never received worse service. They still have my sickly, elderly mother's money and have dropped the ball completely. They have not abided by any of our contractual or verbal agreements. I am sickened beyond belief.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Worst customer service and business I have ever dealt with. I shipped my car from Wisconsin to California and the pickup and delivery was a mess. The day of pickup I tried reaching out to understand how things worked and get an idea of when my car was going to ship and got hung up on twice. You can’t get through to customer service number you get voicemail every time and no call back. Eventually the driver showed up at 8:30 at night with no notice still no communication with Roadrunner. I was hesitant to let my car go with them as the poor customer service had me feeling like it was a scam and if they treat me like that what will they do with my belongings.

Delivery was just as bad, car did not show up on day it was supposed to show up. Again took me days to get through to anyone and the only answer I’d get was it was in route, nobody could tell me where my car was nothing. They were consistent blowing my phone up to get me to book with them but as soon as they got money out of me wanted nothing to do with me and to assist me. Also they are just a broker they send it to different carriers. Save yourself some money and ship direct with a carrier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I am a shipping manager but do ship cars so I hunted around for carriers to deliver my mother's car to FL. I picked this one, what a mistake. They didn't pick up the day they said they would, called two days later to say they finally got a driver which by then I was out of time to book with another company so I had to go with them against my better judgment. They pick the car up, deliver on the day they said BUT... when they delivered, the car above my mother's car hydraulics system broke and ran all over her car, called to file a claim for the damage and guess what? Gave us the runaround try to get out of it. Still working on this although they claim they are insured for damages, they do not hold up to that.

Good luck if you decide on this carrier. You are taking a big chance as to whether your car will get there on time and in good condition. Please beware. They are nothing they claim to be and they claim no responsibility whatsoever for the condition your car arrives in. Word of advice signing the bill of lading damaged makes them claim no responsibility. According to them they said we shouldn't have excepted the car. I wonder what they were going to do with car if we didn't. How stupid!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I called and spoke to Bruce ** about shipping my daughter’s car from Denver to Orlando by the 11th which was the day we were flying in. He told me that we should ship by Monday prior and then we could meet the carrier on Saturday when we arrived. The car arrived on Thursday and I received several phone calls saying I needed to meet the driver ASAP. I told them I was not in the state yet but would be there Saturday. Friday morning a lady called and said the driver would drop the car at our hotel and lock the keys inside it. I said that was fine. Later Friday afternoon I get a message saying they were taking the car to Miami for the weekend and would deliver sometime Monday.

I tried calling the driver when I got to FL on Saturday. He spoke broken English and proceeded to yell at me that he was home with his family and would not listen to me. I had to hang up on him. I only wanted to know what time Monday. I had to rent a car for the entire weekend. When he did drop the car off Monday NIGHT, he was dirty, unkempt and hostile. Horrible disgusting man. The other reviews are correct. Once they get your money they do not answer your calls or messages anymore. You just have to pray you get your car back. Awful company. NEVER do business with them. You will regret it!!! BEWARE! Worst experience I ever had and on top of that, they charged more than they quoted. Scam company run by scum of the earth.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am writing this email with complete disgust for the failure of this company to live up to their agreement. We booked a transport on July 8, 2018 for a 2009 VW Jetta to be transported from Boulder City, Nevada to Washington, Missouri. We live in California but have a second residence in Nevada. We received the confirmation and booking **. On Monday, August 6, 2018, we called the 800 number and left a message for Matthew ** to return our call. It’s a joke when you receive the confirmation with his name if you need assistance and he never personally returns the call. Later that day Megan called and we inquired when we would be notified of the time the auto transport would arrive Friday (today) 8/10/18. On Wednesday, we called again and again was told everything was set for Friday. On Thursday, when we called AGAIN, we left a message at extension #** Matthew ** and never received a call back.

We then chatted online with several of your representatives, Shannon, Emily, Megan. All advised us that as soon as a carrier was located, dispatch would call us. Later on Thursday, we again chatted with Shannon who assured me someone would be contacting us as soon as dispatch connected with the carrier. This morning, Friday, we chatted again with Shannon. All she could do was apologize for the miscommunication. What miscommunication? I have a confirmation that someone will pick up the car on Friday made and confirmed almost 5 weeks ago. I have called at least a dozen times to the main office in the past two days and no representative ever gets on the phone. Instead, the greeting asks for a phone number and someone will get back to me. That didn’t happen either.

So I have called Mr. **’s office a half dozen times with no return call. What is the purpose of posting his number if he never calls you back? I find it VERY hard to believe that the positive reviews on your website are valid. Your customer service lacks in customer satisfaction. We not only drove 264 miles to Nevada to await the carrier but, drove back 264 miles to California with the Jetta to get a competent transport company to do the job you apparently are unable to provide. THEN, we received an email from RoadRunner on Thursday at 4:03 pm stating: “Hello Maria, We currently have availability in the Boulder City, NV area around your requested time frame. If you're still interested in shipping your Volkswagen Jetta, we're standing by to assist you with your transportation.” That email was from Frank ** when I inquired about a quote July 8 before we booked with Matthew **.

What I find discouraging is the lip service I received from the online representatives. The answers to my question were the same script. When I asked for a manager to call me, I was advised by Shannon this morning one would call me back in the order received. That never happened. When I chatted online AGAIN with Shannon, Mary an online supervisor took over the conversation. Doesn’t anyone use the phone as a courtesy anymore? In the meantime, my son is waiting for his car and now it is delayed yet another week due to the incompetence of your service employees who cannot secure a transport driver in 5 weeks from the date of the booking. While searching for your name and email I came across other dissatisfied customers who booked with you and received the same lack of communication after leaving messages.

Due to the above, I am confident now that my vehicle would not have made it to Missouri since you require full payment once the carrier receives the customer's car. Sounds more like a scam than a business. I reviewed the 5 star reviews on your website and realize they are not from recent satisfied customers. Who posts their photo with a review? I say that because you can’t write a review on your website. Consumer Affairs on the other hand shows loads of dissatisfied customers. Perhaps the District Attorney should take an investigative interest in your fraudulent Company. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

This company is “rated the top” car shipping company? Unfortunately, we didn’t see these reviews before we booked my shipping weeks ago. We hope this helps someone else. After we looked for a quote online, they emailed and called multiple times a day to book it. We assumed they had appropriate staffing and customer service, and would be responsive moving forward... WRONG! So we booked with them, they got our credit card number and said it would not be billed until a carrier was assigned and scheduled. We got billed almost immediately and told our shipment was confirmed, yet we were not given any carrier information. Our transport is supposed to be tomorrow and we are still waiting to hear from a transporter.

All the other one star reviews are 100% correct!!! Once you have booked with them, you can no longer reach them. The customer service line is never picked up. We called the “direct line” of our sales guy, Andrew, and he also now does not pick up. He used to call daily and pick up immediately before we booked, but now... nothing. It’s almost as if your number goes on a “Do not answer” list. We have been trying to reach them for the past week because we hadn’t heard from anyone to schedule a pick up time. We knew that since our pick up is on a Monday, we should hear something the previous week... WRONG!

So now, after booking weeks in advance, and being billed, we are just kind of hoping someone magically shows up tomorrow, picks up the car and delivers it. From the many reviews we have read, this seems highly unlikely. At this point, we are not even sure that this is a real company and not a scam. We are already researching new carriers. Once no one shows up and we remain unable to reach them, we will have to go with a different company, which hopefully can pick up before our flight. We will be ready to take legal action to get our refund, assuming this company even exists. We had to give at least a star to write this review. However, if you are reading this review, that is a negative star. Thanks. Please spare us the generic nonsense response. We have already read it. Just call us and get our car moved.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This company totally wasted my time for over a week. They kept stringing me on and on - even when I said that the transport was for my daughter in the military and that the timing was really important. They are NOT honorable people. I was lucky to connect with IK Transportation Co. in Westfield, MA. I was able to speak with the owner, at length, and to the driver. They were nothing but professional. My daughter's car arrived in MA today (5 days after it left Pittsburg, CA) and we took possession. Everything was great. Thanks IK Transportation. I highly recommend them.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We're so sorry to read of your experience with us. Unfortunately we are susceptible to pickup/ delivery delays that are out of our control. For this reason we express that all dates associated with transport are estimated and can never be guaranteed. We're sorry that we were unable to provide transport within your desired time frame. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Scheduled a car to be shipped from Santa Monica to Brooklyn. Everything was set for the 27th of July, but two days before they changed to the 29th - I was flying to NY on the 28th, so created major logistical problems. In the end, they canceled the 29th pick up and moved to the 30th. On the 30th they called saying it'd be 31st. And then they say it'd be $250 more than originally quoted because "the driver had to make a detour to pick the car". As if that was my problem. Car picked up, eventually the delivery shows 8/10, much longer than originally promised. Today (8/9), they tell me it'll be 14th or 15th. Their phone is NEVER picked up. You need to leave a message, but they never call back. TERRIBLE customer service, AVOID like the plague.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We're sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. Unfortunately during transport we are susceptible to delays due to circumstances that are out of our control. For this reason we express that all dates associated with transport are estimated, we can never guarantee specific dates. Transport delays occur for various reasons such as, traffic delays, detours, mandatory rest stops, pickup/delivery client availability delays, weight station checkups and police inspections, issues like this cannot be anticipated. Unfortunately for a cross country move like yours a delay is not uncommon. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We have set up for RoadRunner to ship our car on 7/28 but we still are waiting for a confirmed date. We contacted them numerous times and the answer is the same: they would contact us when they could confirm the schedule. They couldn’t even give us an ETA now. Very disappointed.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Unfortunately we rely on confirmation from our carriers before we can provide an estimated pickup date or time line. We apologize for this and appreciate your patience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Do not use this company they do not care about you and just want your money! I booked with this company in early July to have my car shipped from Florida to Colorado the first week of August. The car was supposed to be picked up on Saturday August 4th and there were no calls no emails nothing before then or the day of. Then Saturday comes and goes and nothing. Then on Monday I tried calling them with no calls returned. We were flying out that Thursday to Colorado and we are really under the gun and quite angry with all of this. We reached out to another company and thank God they saved us! They got us booked within an hour and the driver was scheduled to pick up the car the next day. Do yourself a favor and do not use this company. They are horrible and there are way better companies out there to work with.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. There was a delay in assigning a carrier as this route was not being frequented by our transporters. Unfortunately we are susceptible to delays for issues like these, therefore we express that all dates are estimated and can never be guaranteed. We apologize and regret the experience you've had. Your feedback is appreciated and valued.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Both Kyle ** (to CA) and Brandon ** (from CA) were excellent. The transport companies also. Truckers very polite and professional. Delivered to CA as promised and the return to FL was faster than expected, they picked up on Wednesday at CA at +-11:53PM and delivered on Sat at FL at +-11:53PM. Would recommend RoadRunner to anyone. Treated my car like if it was White Glove service. Excellent work all.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for sharing your shipping experience we really appreciate it!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I booked my shipment about a month ago from California to Michigan, and I still receive no confirmation. After my booking, I received no communication from the company. I have called the office a hundred times, and no one answers the phone. Only once someone called me back, and told me as they found a driver they would give me the confirmation, like what they said to everyone. However, they would not tell me by what time I will receive a confirmation. But they keep saying my reservation was confirmed. HOW??? How can you confirm my reservation if you can't even find a driver??? If I still don't receive a confirmation on the pick-up date, what should I do??? As my moving time approaches, even if I find other company the price will be very high.

Also, I have booked my flight tickets, which are non-refundable. If no one shows up in the end, who will be responsible for my lost??? I have been in contact with other auto shipment carriers because I can't trust this company's business. But right now I can't even get in touch with this company to cancel my reservation! Go to other places if you have choices!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience with us. We have scheduled a follow up with management to further assist you. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 30, 2018

Absolutely do not count on this company to follow they with their promise to ship your vehicle, not send them any money. I contacted Roadrunner a few weeks ago and entered into contract to have them ship my car. Everything was going smoothly, they found a carrier, charged my credit card for the balance owed, and told me when to expect my driver and the delivery date, I was thoroughly impressed... until my nightmare began. The afternoon the driver was supposed to show up, I called to make sure everything was going as planned, no one picked up the phone, getting a hold of a human being is impossible. I used their online chat where the representative told me the carrier cancelled my shipment and they were looking for a replacement. That was ok, that I understood... 2 days later, still no one had contacted me and the money I paid them still hadn’t been refunded to my account.

So I tried calling them again, left messages, still no contact back from Roadrunner... so I went back online and used their company chat. I spoke with Shannon and she informed me that the dispatcher was working hard on my vehicle and if they didn’t find a carrier the money would be refunded back into my account that night. That was last Thursday, now it’s Monday, still no call from Roadrunner, and still no money in my checking account that is attached to the Visa I used. Called the bank, they have no pending deposits from Roadrunner. Called Roadrunner and once again, big surprise, no one is answering my calls, but Megan in the chat said the refund would take up to 5 days.

I asked her if they found a carrier before that what would happen, and she said they would charge my credit card!!! But the money still isn’t refunded to my account and there isn’t enough in it for me to pay for the new carrier!!! Holy Smokes. What am I going to do!? We are a military family moving across the country and this company is putting me into a situation where when I get to Jacksonville FL I won’t have a car to transport my children in!!! This is how they treat their normal customers AND MILITARY MEMBERS TRANSFERING ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO CONTINUE SERVING THEIR COUNTRY? Hopefully I hear from them soon, tomorrow I will be seeking legal representation.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We booked a car transport on 07/28 for the following Monday. We received an email to call and confirm the date for shipping. Upon calling the number in the email (**) it left me on hold then would say that all representatives are assisting other customers and to leave a message, which I did. I called again in another few minutes to see if the lines had cleared up only to receive the same message.

I tried calling again but each time was met with the same message and I was not getting a callback. So I went directly to their website and called the number given (18887772123) only to be told that their offices were closed. There was no information on their website or via the phone number on their hours of operation. So I emailed them a couple times to see if I would receive a reply that way. Their online customer support was also closed. It is quite shocking that a transportation company is closed all weekend with no point of contact for questions or confirmation.

So now it is the day of pick up, I still have not received any call back for the messages I left. Calling both of the customer service numbers above lead me to the same message of "all representatives are busy, please leave a message." The only up side is now that it is Monday their online chat service is on but response is very slow. I still have yet to have any time confirmation for pick up that is supposed to happen today. If you are reading this review, I would strongly advise seeking another auto transport service. The company offers little to none customer service and was literally the most expensive quote we got. The only reason we went with them was because of a time crunch.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. Unfortunately we are closed on Sunday's. We state this on our website as well as on our google business listing. We have sent you over a private message to further discuss the issues that occurred. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I received a quote of 1200 and booked my car with a ready date of 6/28. I would have thought that a carrier would be assigned to me at least 24 hours before however on 6/28 no carrier was assigned to me. I called their customer service line which is a joke. It rings for three minutes then makes you leave a message. I left one but received no callback. I receive a callback right away once I tried to cancel because I spoke to another company that told me they quoted me too low and informed me they could assign a carrier to me that day.

RoadRunner then informed me themselves that they have a carrier in my area but the price will change from 1295 to 1495. I agree and they tell me the carrier can be at my house in an hour. I was using my car for work still as I was moving the following week so I had to leave work and meet the driver ASAP. Fast forward two weeks to 7/9 my aunt who I was shipping my car to receives a call stating the car will be there between 10am-1pm. She waits till about 2 and contacts me. I call the carrier company and am informed that they accidentally dispatched my carrier when his truck was actually in the shop. They then call my aunt and tell her they will have it to her by 10pm. She agrees however isn’t too happy about it.

They then call her after 10 and state they can’t drop it off till almost midnight. She says she can’t stay up that late. She calls me informs me of this. I call the carrier and they tell me that if they don’t deliver it today it will be an extra charge. I don’t get how they are going to charge me for their screw up but I tell them to just leave it in the driveway with the keys in it and tell my aunt.

Next day I receive a call from my aunt stating the car isn’t in her driveway. The carrier took pictures of my car in a driveway with an American flag and the unit number however my aunt doesn’t have an American flag. I have a GPS tracker in my car and to no surprise the company dropped it off at the wrong house. This was possibly the worst experience I’ve had with any company and I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and giving us the opportunity to address them. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced and will definitely address them with the carrier that assisted with your transport. We regret the experience you've had and sincerely apologize. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use to improve our services for future customers.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I booked with this company on June 15th for a July 3 pickup. My research showed 15 days to be sufficient for the proper planning required on MOST competent companies' ends to solidify arrangements. On June 29th, after receiving NO follow-up communication from the company, I unsuccessfully attempted to contact the customer service department 12 times for a total of 42 minutes. On July 1st I called and left a message that went unreturned. I also submitted an update inquiry via their online help service and received a reply that offered NO information or resolution. On July 2nd I called multiple times and was able to reach a customer service rep by afternoon. She stated that they were in the process of assigning a carrier (which is the same status my request had been in since June 15th) and that the driver would contact me when they were 2-3 hours away.

July 3rd came and went and there was no pick-up. I began my attempts to contact the company again at 1030 am on July 4th and have been, as of yet, unsuccessful. I would actively discourage anyone from utilizing this company for their auto transport needs. After looking at the feedback and reviews, this seems to be a pattern of behavior with this particular company. RoadRunner Auto Transport is the most unreliable, unprofessional and disappointing transport company I have ever had the displeasure of attempting to work with. After completing 4 personal cross-country auto transports and 6 more assists, that's saying something. When a company's reviews show you who they are, BELIEVE THEM. My fervent hope is that this company reaps exactly what it sows.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I called them over 10 times. There was no response to any of my messages and they never picked up phone. They failed to pick my car up completely or notify me that there was a delay. The only called me the following day after I talked to a representative online. The guy I spoke to laughed and said, good luck finding another company to move my car. This company is disrespectful and simply expects you to put up with their poor service.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I booked a week ahead. It’s been ten days now. My vehicle supposed to be picked up last Saturday but no one showed up. Yes, nobody explained the situation. I tried to make a call but since it was weekend, I had to email them and complained. On Monday (Today), RoadRunner didn’t reply to my emails and I have to call few times. It was hard to reach them. The messages didn’t help at all. They just said they are trying their best but they are not sure, so they can’t confirm anything. They said it will take another 7 to 10 days to find a carrier for my vehicle. WHAT??? When I got a quote or booked, they didn’t mention anything about this. They just said, "There’s still availability for your desired date, so hurry to book!!!" And I paid the deposit! I’m moving after three days and my car is not picked up. If the carrier doesn’t show up in three days, what should I do? I don’t understand why there’s booking system!!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like assist you. A carrier has been assigned for your move. A representative from our customer service department will be following up with you shortly to give you more information regarding your pickup.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I booked the transport of my vehicle 6 weeks in advance. Vehicle to be transported from Minnesota to California. RoadRunner couldn't contact me enough before I booked with them. Once I booked, total, deafening silence. I tried calling, leaving voicemails, sending emails - all to no avail. No one ever responded to a single contact. A few days before the schedule shipment, I contacted them because I still had no confirmation of a carrier assignment, and no confirmation that my pickup date was good. I had to contact them through their chat access. Was basically told there was nothing they could do.

I am now stuck here, having made travel plans to go to Minnesota from California, four days before pickup (2 of those days over the weekend) not knowing if they are going to pick up the car or not. Can't talk to a real person, cannot get any confirmation, it's certainly as if they don't care. It is totally unacceptable to make a booking well in advance, provide them with all necessary info and deposit info, be assured everything is great, then receive no info and be down to 4 days before shipping and still no confirmation or anyone to talk to. It's like the company doesn't really exist except to take your order and then disappear. If I could give them zero stars I would.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Dennis, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience and would like assist you. A representative from our customer service department will be following up with you shortly.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Not only are the customer support staff incredibly RUDE, but they don’t have direction from the Supervisor because he is the exact same way as well!! Called to report a rude experience with one of the customer service representatives, Jordan **, then while explaining the situation, I’m continually interrupted and basically told that what happened doesn’t matter. What took the cake was when the SUPERVISOR, Zach, after continuously interrupting me, hung up in my face! Will NEVER use their services and I DO NOT recommend them to ANYONE.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can address them with the representatives that assisted you. We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had booked shipment of 2 cars 10 days back. Today was the pickup date. No pickup. No communication. I tried calling them at least 10 times in last days. Even if somebody picks up after trying 5 times, they put me on hold never to return. This is beyond frustration. I have already booked my flight for myself to leave the place tomorrow. I am stranded now. Even if keep my cars at friends place, I have to rent a car in the destination city for more no. of days. Eventually the cost of shipment is too high for the unreliability. Learnt my lesson in hard way to trust these guys. Even after planning ahead by 10 days I am suffering.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation. We have notified our customer service team and have scheduled a follow up. A representative will be following up with you within 2 business days to further assist you.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We booked our car transport on 6/3 for a 6/22 pick up for a cross country move from AZ to NC. Today is 6/26 and Roadrunner Auto Transport hasn’t shown up. We have called the customer service number daily, we were left on hold through their automated answering service, and our call was never picked up by a live person. We left over 5 messages and have emailed 2 times all in the past 5 days with NO RESPONSES. We even sent a message through Facebook last night, NO RESPONSES. We are leaving tomorrow and still have no idea how we are going to move our car. We are stressed out, completely frustrated, and extremely disappointed with the lack of customer service Roadrunner Auto Transport is providing.

Jeffrey,

Original review: June 22, 2018

Needed to have my 65 Corvette Fuelie and 50 Anniversary 2015 Mustang moved to our new home in the Texas Hill Country. RoadRunner was able to have an enclosed van pick up the cars early in the morning and delivered late the same afternoon. Having had cars shipped in the past, the driver is key to the process being easy or scary as heck. We won the lottery and our driver was the best. He cared for the cars like they were his own.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Rick, Thank you for sharing your shipping experience with us here at Road Runner Auto Transport! We strive to provide the same great service for each of our customers.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I finalized the booking with this company on May 7, for June 20. It is June 21 (they had SIX WEEKS) to figure out how to get my car from point A to point B. I get the run-around any time I try to ask for an update. I am moving across the country, and need to both ensure my car is on the carrier, and receive it on the other side. This company was great in booking the car, and terrible on the follow through and execution. I would not use them again, given the amount of additional and unnecessary stress this process is creating.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Original review: June 15, 2018

I am writing this review because I booked an auto transport exactly one month ago today for a pick up of 06/18 for a shipment from Miami to LA. I was told that I would be contacted when a driver was assigned. I've call on numerous occasions but still no driver. Because it's Friday and my car was to be shipped on Monday, I tried calling a few times today to cancel but only received the voicemail although they are open until 9pm. I would not recommend this company because, even a month out, they were not able to find a driver to ship my vehicle in a timely manner.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We’re so sorry to read of your experience with us and sincerely apologize. We strive to provide excellent customer service and deeply regret the experience you’ve had. Unfortunately we were unable to secure a carrier for your route within your desired shipping dates. We are susceptible to delays and for this reason can never guarantee specific dates. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. This feedback will allow us to improve our service for future customers.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The reservation was easy to make and the details were accurately recorded. The vehicle was picked up on time and the transport driver carefully inspected the vehicle and had me sign off on his observations. The delivery occurred even sooner than promised. Great experience all around.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Paul, Thank you for taking the time to share your shipping experience with us here at Road Runner Auto Transport. Please let us know if you wish to ship again in the future.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 10, 2018

They quoted us ** for our car to be shipped 5 hours. We paid over half the balance to them on our credit card. And said we only needed to pay 150 to the people who delivered the car. When the car was delivered they said Roadrunner said we would give them 200. We were asking why it was 200 and they said, "Here's our contract. It says y'all will give us 200." We showed them our email from them showing the balance of only needing to pay 150. We had to give the extra 50 or they would have taken our car for not paying. These people are crooks and will rip you off!!!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Christina, We sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding payment. We have not charged you anything extra then the amount we quoted you. Your transport was quoted at $345 and that is exactly what you were charged. The only change made was $200 to the driver instead of $150 and $145 deposit on your card. We never raised any prices. We hope this clarifies any confusion.

RoadRunner Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Using a network of more than 3,500 certified auto transport professionals, Road Runner Auto Transport offers fast and reliable shipping.

• No upfront cost: Shippers only pay once a carrier has been assigned and pickup has been scheduled.

• Customer satisfaction: Good customer service can make the difference between a smooth delivery and numerous snafus.

• Guaranteed insurance coverage: Every carrier contracted through Road Runner carries at least $750,000 in insurance, so if something does go wrong, every vehicle is covered.

• Broker: Third-party shipping providers may not be as invested in customer service as the originating broker is.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information