4.27/5
  • 1 star
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

RoadRunner Auto Transport is a vehicle shipping service company. When you hire RoadRunner Auto Transport, you can rest assured that your vehicle is well taken care of. We offer door-to-door service to and from every state as well as full insurance on your vehicle until it has been delivered to you. With our 24-hour tracking service, you will be able to stay updated on the shipment status of your vehicle. Call us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

94 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The whole process was outstanding from the start to the finish. Upon Contacting RoadRunner they fulfilled their promise To ship my vehicle from Indianapolis Indiana to Fort Worth Texas on 8 December 2017 and arrived on 13 December 2017. The communication between myself your staff and the driver was simply outstanding; my vehicle was in superb shape and the driver was A true professional which allowed me to focus on my move and not worry my car. I would personally like to thank the team at RoadRunner and the driver for a job well done.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I called RoadRunner to ship my parents car from Maryland to California within 7 days before our move and they are the only company that called back immediately and did exactly what they said they were going good to do. The driver Idee, was so polite and professional and exactly on time. Both at time of pickup and time of delivery. We was amazing moving the cars around on the car carrier. I will definitely recommend RoadRunner and will definitely use them again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

All I can say is AMAZING!!! My car was booked on Tuesday, & it­ was picked up on Wednesday! I received my car on Saturday afternoon! I was in shock! Such a great experience! Not a single scratch on my baby (car).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Our car was booked to be picked up by a carrier between Nov 16-24. We had driven to CA using our 2nd vehicle departing the 18th. We left the car with a neighbor. We kept calling the other carrier and they could never confirm the day of pick up. Finally Thursday November 30th I googled car carrier transport from MI to CA. Online I entered zip codes and details and within a minute had a price quote. I called the company and the man I spoke with said they might be able to pick the car up on Saturday the 2nd or certainly no later than Monday the 4th.

We called the other car carrier and they still could not confirm a pick up. We canceled the booking. Called RoadRunner back and confirmed. At 8:30 AM on Saturday the car was picked up and on the car carrier. We were told the car would be delivered by delivered around 6pm Tuesday 5th. It was delivered around 4pm! Everything with RoadRunner was terrific. The competitive quote with the other company, and we had our car in under a week. Footnote: The other company called that week and said they could pick up the car. LOL! We already had the car in CA!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I had never shipped a car before and was moving from Phoenix, Arizona to Portland, Oregon. I discovered RoadRunner in an online search, read their reviews, booked online and received a very prompt telephone confirmation. The driver was very prompt and professional during pickup and drop-off. I even got my car a day earlier than expected in Portland. A good experience all around. RoadRunner is tops in my book.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I cannot say enough for the professionalism and service provided by RoadRunner and especially the driver (Brett). The event was coordinated very well as well as the communication and instructions. Will definitely consider them first for future transportation needs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

There is nothing quite as anxiety provoking as shipping your most valued possession across country. Thankfully between the customer service representatives and my amazing driver the great majority of anxiety was converted into relief. I felt my car was in good hands right away at pick up my. My driver was incredible communicative during pick up and delivery arrangement, and even dropped off a day in advance with my approval. I cannot thank RoadRunner enough for the easing my transition from California to Virginia. If you are look for quality service, RR should be among your top considerations.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My first time using a transport service to ship a vehicle. From the time I was given a quote to the time the vehicle arrived at its final destination I have had nothing but exceptional service with RoadRunner. Will definitely use them again shall the need arise. Thank you again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My entire experience with RoadRunner Transport was flawless. My sales associate made me feel very confident when I scheduled my vehicle transport from Dallas, TX area to Lincoln, CA. He set up everything to meet with my schedule perfectly and on pretty short notice (probably 6 days notice). RoadRunner reps contacted me the whole way with more precise details on the pick-up and drop-off. My transport driver was a very courteous young man who picked up my vehicle on time (technically 15 mins early) and delivered it to me half-way across the country about two days later. He gave me advanced notice that he was going to arrive so early. The car showed up right on time and was in perfect condition.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Road Runner provided quality Service. The order was placed on a Sunday and the car was delivered on Tuesday! RR was in assertive with communication and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I started with another hauler, but little or no service in notification to me. Got call from you, said would have room for me. We agreed on Tuesday, pickup on Wednesday. Delivery date announced, two hours before called and we were ready. Announced time came within 5 minutes. Drivers were clean and mannerly.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Shipped a Can Am SPYDER from WA to CO. Shipper called ahead on the day of the delivery, arrived when expected, loaded the Can Am SPYDER on an enclosed trailer with care. Called an hour out before arriving at my drop off location and took the same care unloading the Can Am. Driver was courteous at both locations.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We have shipped our corvette three times through RoadRunner. All carriers arrived exactly within the half hour time slot. All came with excellent equipment and took amazing care of the car. We're meticulous at protecting the car using foam against the doors. Drivers were always very pleasant and the cars were delivered exactly within the 30 minute window we were given. A great experience. We will use them again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Everyone was very professional and transported our car to our son before the due time, which was great. I have never done this before and was a little nervous but RoadRunner is a very professional organization. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Corvette delivery - Michigan to Florida. Great experience! Pick-up on time and very professional. The drivers, Kevin and Chuck, answered all questions on concerns and delivery. Arrived on time. Loading and unloading were done with great care. I will use them again and would not hesitate to recommend their service.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I found RoadRunner on the internet. I looked up to other shipping companies. There was on that cheaper but they did not call me back for days. Everyone I spoke to at RoadRunner was helpful and professional. Even the driver was polite and communicated with me about the pick up times. Overall it was an easy experience and cost me less to ship the car than it would have to drive it myself. Portland to Oregon to Cape Cod mass in 7 days including the Thanksgiving Holiday. GREAT JOB.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Very reliable company. Delivered exactly at the right date and the right time. Staff was very friendly and accurate. I did not get the runaround like other companies. My first price was the final price. Don’t be fooled by cheaper companies. They wheel you in with lower rates and then call you last minute and tell you that you need to pay more. I will be working with Road Runner in the future. Highly recommended.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I waited 2 weeks for another dispatcher to try and find a carrier to transport my car. Once I contacted RoadRunner I had the feeling that the job was going to be taken care of quickly and correctly. Great company. I only wish I had called them first.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Booking, pick-up, delivery and paying for my car to be transported across the country was very simple and streamlined for online use. The car was delivered early, was well secured and the both the driver and office staff I communicated with were polite and professional. I recommend RoadRunner.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We were very happy from start to finish with booking pickup of our truck and delivery of it to our daughter in Minnesota. We liked the friendliness of the driver Jim who kept us informed of where he was and also called our daughter to schedule a safe delivery. He did it in 3 days too from WA to MN. We were SO impressed and would highly recommend RoadRunner to anyone contemplating moving their vehicle across several states.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

After several bad experiences previously with the middlemen (the brokers), I tried one of the earlier direct-to driver services and it didn't work out very well. So, I went again with a highly rated broker-- Road Runner -- and hoped for the best. I was very disappointed. The "agents" or "brokers" all source from the same network and add no value to the process. In the era of Uber and Lyft, we are all spoiled by good, direct to consumer service, and this industry needs the same thing.

Road Runner did not confirm a driver within the time specified, and finally got one when I threatened to drop them at 5pm that day. I can speculate that they just cut their margin to get a sale. They did not inform the driver of the pickup constraints (my car seller couldn't be home mid day due to a 2 hour commute to work), and I was not allowed to speak to the driver directly -- their "control" mechanism. Sure enough, he called at 11am saying he was one hour away. I had requested top load, and morning or late afternoon pickup with 24 hours notice. When he was finally able to get the car loaded, he claimed he had never been told this. Finally, the company (Road Runner), takes messages or you wait on hold forever and doesn’t return your call in a timely manner, and you never deal with the same person. Never again, Road Runner!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have a 1970 Chevy Impala classic car and built as a Lowrider. So I was very skeptical on hiring someone to deliver my car from Los Angeles to Sacramento an 6 hour plus drive. But RoadRunner delivered my vehicle promptly and safely. Awesome service all around. I highly recommend their service to anyone. And I will be using them again in the future. Excellent service and the Driver was very passionate about his job and making sure my car was delivered safely.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had terrible experience with this company! They took my deposit and driver never call me back! They promised me pick up my car on time, but driver was calling me in 2 days and wanted pick up my car too late night! I disappointed! I don't recommend this company! For that money they charged me I was accepting quality service!

Updated on 11/20/2017: I disappointed!!! They supposed charged for transfer 700$ like I signed! But when they delivered my car the driver call me and asked 450$ dollars cash, but I have to pay only 400! Other companies were ready transfer my car for 525$, but I thought RoadRunner was very good reviews but it isn’t! It was cost my almost 1 week to get my car!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I contracted with RoadRunner to transport a car from California, San Francisco area to Long Island NY and paid an additional $400.00 for an enclosed carrier. The car was picked up by an open carrier, two days later than the original pickup date and delivered via an open car trailer! The delivering company assured me the car traveled across country in an enclosed trailer! The car was delivered, from New Jersey, by a smaller open vehicle because the local roads wouldn't accommodate an eighteen wheeler! In the past 6 yrs I have had two eighteen wheelers deliver two vehicles to this same address.

RoadRunner also gave me the name of a company to pay a certified check which I gave the driver as instructed by RoadRunner. I got a call the next day from the company that delivered the car telling me the name on the check wasn't theirs and to please make arrangements to pay them. RoadRunner is not a company you should choose for any of their "services".

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My experience with RoadRunner Auto Transport was just wonderful from beginning to end. Everyone was very helpful and reliable; from people at the phone to the drivers. My car was picked up on time and delivered before the delivery date. I was very surprised and pleased. I would absolutely recommend the company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I had a project car transported from NC to MD, RoadRunner did a great job handling the logistics for me. Their service was reliable and fast. Whenever I had a question or concerns there was always somebody there to talk to and get it cleared up.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I would definitely recommend RoadRunner transport services. They were reasonably priced, timely at both the pickup site and at the delivery site and they were very professional/courteous. I thought shipping a vehicle would be much more difficult, but using RoadRunner Auto Transport made it a very easy process. My nephew was beyond thrilled to get his very first car!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

This was waaay easier than I thought it would be. Met our driver around the corner from our old apartment in California; he was very efficient, competent & friendly. He said he'd meet us in Florida in a week, and he was right on schedule. We HIGHLY recommend RoadRunner Transport!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The driver arrived when he said he would and delivered the pickup truck on time and was very accommodating with delivery. He could not get his giant truck to the street for delivery. So he unloaded the pickup truck in a large parking lot and drove the pickup to the delivery address. Very helpful indeed. Plus the driver was a very nice guy.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Alex, the driver, called and scheduled pick up at our residence. He remained in contact during the transfer and delivered the car in Florida within one week. The entire process was well executed, professional, and very efficient. Shipped cars in the past, but this was the best experience by far.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information