4.00/5
Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

RoadRunner Auto Transport is a vehicle shipping service company. When you hire RoadRunner Auto Transport, you can rest assured that your vehicle is well taken care of. We offer door-to-door service to and from every state as well as full insurance on your vehicle until it has been delivered to you. With our 24-hour tracking service, you will be able to stay updated on the shipment status of your vehicle. Call us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

Read More Read More
Last updated: May 23, 2018

108 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2018

I have recently gotten on the computer for finding a reputable Moving Carrier from Florida and to Ohio, the companies bad mouth each other. I don't know who to go with. I have decided to go with Household Hauling in Hallandale, Fl. RoadRunner called me to ask if I made a decision. I told them who I chose and they were indirectly badmouthing Household Hauling, now I don't know who to believe. Could you help me as a single and senior citizen.

Hi Eloise,

Unfortunately you have us confused with a different company here at Road Runner Auto Transport we only ship vehicles not house hold goods. We suggest you use this link to search here on Consumer Affairs for a reputable moving company. Please let us know if you need assistance with transporting your vehicle. Best of luck we hope this helps!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

It is the day that I was to have RoadRunner come pick up our 2 SUVs and we still don't have confirmation of them being picked up. Supervisor who would not allow me to talk to anyone above her said that she was "baffled" that no driver had picked up the route because it is an "easy one from California to North Carolina". The supervisor went on to tell me the process is they take an order, which she called an estimated day they would try to pick up our cars and then they throw it on some dashboard and drivers call in and bid for the deal. If no drivers call in, you are screwed. She offered it's not a big deal if I am not physically present when the cars get picked up. I could put the keys somewhere or have another person become the contact while we wait for what could be days, months, years for someone to pick up the order. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Over the past 10 days, I have constantly called, emailed and requested calls for status. The salesperson Brandon ** disappeared after the sale. I have sent numerous emails to him and called him saying, 'Hey can you help me," and nothing. They also quit doing things in writing about 1 week prior. The last email I got was 5 days before the move and they said the following: "Yes, we are still awaiting carrier confirmation on your booking. Since your ready date isn’t until 5/17 as we get closer to that date a call will be placed once a carrier confirms the pickup, we're hopeful for early next week." I am "baffled" at how this company does business and would strongly suggest you go elsewhere for service. It's not that there is an issue, it is how they are handling it. No options to really help me, no commitment whatsoever as to a date and they are "baffled"... So am I.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Transport 2008 Toyota RAV4 from Reno, Nevada to Danbury, Connecticut. The car was loaded up on time and delivered to the destination. The transport unit had a mechanical problems so the car was unloaded/delivered about 20 miles form the destination without problems, although my daughter was a little bit scared bringing $1,200 cash to the site at 9PM in the evening.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When I call to customer care for booking a car delivery they were very polite and were keep on calling until l booked the delivery. Once it's booked they were gone. They won't respond, and if you try 10 time you may be lucky to reach them. Even after you caught them on call, they won't tell you how many days/weeks it will take to pick your car. I waited for one week and when I called them they said, "If you want you can cancel your booking." Staff were really irresponsible. Don't go for this Transport.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Hired and PAID RoadRunner $1,294.00 to transport a vehicle for us. They were polite and professional up until the point they received our check. Cashed our check and DISAPPEARED - have been calling our contact as well as customer service for over one week. No answer, no reply, no car, money gone. COMPLETE and TOTAL CROOKS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: March 29, 2018

Very courteous and friendly when making the reservation. The transporter texted me the night before giving me an approximate time the vehicle would be picked up. The transporter was on time and extremely polite. He took great care in loading the vehicle. When the transporter got to the destination he texted me and send a picture to confirm. Excellent customer service and very appreciative for the business. I would highly recommend.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I booked the service after talking to the customer service group after emailing a form. Very professional and very responsive and they called me back same day multiple times. I agreed to booking time and they said it was confirmed. The day before the car pick up I called the service and they said it was booked and they would call me the day before the pick up. It took me 3 times and waiting to get through to the carrier booking area. This is a different department than the quote department. It is now 7:43 pm. I have been calling all day and after 8 calls I was able to talk to someone that told me I was all set and they would call me 3 hours before pick up today with the last pick up being 9 pm. I used the email message service and I have been calling non stop since 6 pm. No return calls. I reached the sales department and they said they had nothing to do with the pick up service. I guess they sell you the dream and then no one cares.

Steve,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you've had. Thank you for providing feedback it will allow us to make changes to better our services for future customers.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Needed a vehicle picked up at my home in PA and dropped off in GA. The person who came to my home was very nice and professional. I got a call 45 minutes before the vehicle was to be delivered in Georgia just to confirm address with me. Great experience!

Hi Janet,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us here at Road Runner Auto Transport! We really appreciate it!

Original review: March 12, 2018

My experience with RoadRunner was completely excellent!! The driver was very professional and friendly. Delivery was ahead of schedule and pickup was on time. The price was right, service was great and I would highly recommend RoadRunner to anyone needing to transport a vehicle.

Hi Bill,

We are delighted to read that you were happy with our services! We strive to provide the same excellent service to each of our customers. Thank you for the feedback we really appreciate it!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Finding the need to transport my car from CT to FL I called this company 3 weeks prior to anticipated pickup. I was assured my given date of pickup would be met. I was told they would call me 24-48 hours prior to pick up. Being anxious I called the Monday before the Friday pickup was due. I was told “they are working on it”. I began calling again on Thursday and was told they hadn’t found a carrier yet but they would and then call me. They repeated several times their drivers worked 9-9 pm and they would find someone. I continued calling until Friday morning when I was again told no drivers yet but be patient. Given a packed car and airline tickets for Saturday morning my inner feeling was now distrustful. I continued calling for updates and finally asked for a supervisor.

I was put on hold and finally hung up and called back opting for the information persons and not the “information on booked pickups. I was then told drivers were scarce because of the past holidays and they frankly had no idea when my car could be picked up. Despite my booking 3 weeks ahead of pickup time they obviously had my date buried under their backlog. “You will just have to wait“ was the next statement from their representative. I then called another company, booked my car with assurances it would be picked up in the morning and called Roadrunners and cancelled. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. Poor communication... No transparency and worse... Wants the business and can’t provide it.

Nancy,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. We can never guarantee specific pick up dates for this exact reason. We are susceptible to delays during transport therefore we let our customers know that all dates are tentative. We're sorry we were unable to provide the pickup on the date that you needed. Thank you for your feedback it will help us make necessary improvements to our customer support team.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My car was supposed to get to me on Wednesday (it is now Saturday). It was already a day late, then There was a delay for it coming Thursday because of weather conditions, which is understandable but then the company failed to get it to me the following day. They then dropped my car off at another company (in no way related to the first company) and only gave me one phone number to call. This company then told me my car would be to me Saturday by noon. And it is now Saturday at 1pm and I have yet to hear from them, I have called both companies several times and there is no answer. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They have failed to meet timeline after timeline and make good on multiple things they have told me. They have handled this situation with complete disregard for my vehicle and me, considering I do not have a vehicle until they show up with mine.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

After I was clarified on the sequence of the transport process, including the down payment price range, I was very satisfied and appreciated the professional performance of the entire RoadRunner team.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

RoadRunner Auto Transport is the worst of the worst. They were very aggressive in booking the transport of my car on a specific date. I was told by Shawn/Sean that RoadRunner was a service organization and that my car would be picked up on time and delivered on time. AFTER 9 DAYS, I NEVER had a driver to transport my car from San Diego to Baton Rouge.

After they failed to meet the initial deadline, I gave them another week and a driver was never identified. I called and emailed them not less than 15 times AND NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE. I HAVE NEVER HAD A WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A "SERVICE" ORGANIZATION IN MY LIFE. After I finally spoke to a "manager" who admitted after 9 days there was never a driver assigned to the delivery of my car, there was not a "we're sorry" or "what can we do to address this problem?" There was no remorse whatsoever. It was just a day in the life of this company. Here is what happened to me:

December 18, Monday. Place order with Shawn/Sean. He told me to hurry to order so that he could expedite pick up on Wednesday or Thursday. He encouraged me to sign up quickly. He also told me why I should use RoadRunner because of the service you provide. Again, I stressed that I wanted the vehicle picked up no later than Thursday. Shawn/Sean said that “would work”.
December 19, Tuesday. Received Booking Confirmation. (8:27 a.m.) I continued to monitor their website for Carrier Assignment.
December 19, Tuesday. Called and was told that you were waiting on a driver but it looked like Thursday was possible.

December 20, Wednesday. Called and was told that they were waiting on a driver but it looked like Thursday was still possible.

December 21, Thursday. Called and was told that they were waiting on a driver but it looked like Thursday was still possible. Instead of taking a risk and knowing that the shop that had my car would be closed on Friday, I rescheduled to December 27. The woman said that would be no problem and it would be picked up on Wednesday, December 27th. Received another booking confirmation with December 27th. I continued to monitor their site and saw that there was still no Carrier Assignment.

December 26, Tuesday
10:00 a.m. Spoke to a lady who said that there had not been an assignment but it would happen by the end of the day (Tuesday). Continued to monitor the site – no Carrier Assignment.
4:00 p.m. Called – no answer – left message to return call which said that the next available representative would return the call. No call returned.

5:48 p.m. Called – waited and was disconnected.

5:51 p.m. Called – no answer – left message to return call which said that the next available representative would return the call. No call returned.
6:03 p.m. Sent email on the info@RRAutoTransport.com email with information and asked for a call – no response.

6:10 p.m. Sent email on Contact Us within website with information – no response.

December 27, Wednesday

9:45 a.m. Spoke to a Laura who said that there had not been an assignment but you were still trying to get a driver. I asked, "Will the car be picked up “yes or no” today?" She said that she couldn’t answer that. I asked if a manager would call me. She said that she would give the message to the manager. I told her that I would call back at noon. If the car isn’t going to be picked up today, I want to cancel and submit reports of these events. THE MANAGER NEVER CALLED ME BACK.

10:15 Sent another email asking for someone to call me to see if the car was going to be picked up as scheduled (2nd request).
12:50 Sent another email asking for someone to call me to see if the car was going to be picked up as scheduled (3rd request).
1:30 Called, left a message.

1:45 Finally got a person and asked to speak to a manager that admitted that there was no driver and she had no idea when one would be assigned. I cancelled. NO ONE FROM THIS COMPANY CONTACTED ME SINCE DECEMBER 18 TO DECEMBER 27.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This company is the WORST in Customer Service and has just succeeded in completely ruining Christmas, as I booked shipment of my vehicle as a present to my son (Booking # **) to California from Alabama on November 2nd, and after speaking with 3 representatives (Nicole, Clarie, and Elizabeth) who did a below mediocre attempt to locate their trucking company (Rus-AL,Inc. who has still never responded).

Their manager (Pam) then suggests a new appointment with another company with an uncertain vehicle pick up day/time, and refused to accommodate a first time client with even a suggestion of some sort of discount for the inconvenience of a new booking, undocumented urgency as I have a flight out of Alabama on 12/19, an unreturned voicemail left for 4th associate Nick **, and overall piss-poor client and 3rd party services experienced. I refuse to promote this company, as there is NOT one decent, empathetic human being associated with RoadRunner!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The whole process was outstanding from the start to the finish. Upon Contacting RoadRunner they fulfilled their promise To ship my vehicle from Indianapolis Indiana to Fort Worth Texas on 8 December 2017 and arrived on 13 December 2017. The communication between myself your staff and the driver was simply outstanding; my vehicle was in superb shape and the driver was A true professional which allowed me to focus on my move and not worry my car. I would personally like to thank the team at RoadRunner and the driver for a job well done.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I called RoadRunner to ship my parents car from Maryland to California within 7 days before our move and they are the only company that called back immediately and did exactly what they said they were going good to do. The driver Idee, was so polite and professional and exactly on time. Both at time of pickup and time of delivery. We was amazing moving the cars around on the car carrier. I will definitely recommend RoadRunner and will definitely use them again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

All I can say is AMAZING!!! My car was booked on Tuesday, & it­ was picked up on Wednesday! I received my car on Saturday afternoon! I was in shock! Such a great experience! Not a single scratch on my baby (car).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Our car was booked to be picked up by a carrier between Nov 16-24. We had driven to CA using our 2nd vehicle departing the 18th. We left the car with a neighbor. We kept calling the other carrier and they could never confirm the day of pick up. Finally Thursday November 30th I googled car carrier transport from MI to CA. Online I entered zip codes and details and within a minute had a price quote. I called the company and the man I spoke with said they might be able to pick the car up on Saturday the 2nd or certainly no later than Monday the 4th.

We called the other car carrier and they still could not confirm a pick up. We canceled the booking. Called RoadRunner back and confirmed. At 8:30 AM on Saturday the car was picked up and on the car carrier. We were told the car would be delivered by delivered around 6pm Tuesday 5th. It was delivered around 4pm! Everything with RoadRunner was terrific. The competitive quote with the other company, and we had our car in under a week. Footnote: The other company called that week and said they could pick up the car. LOL! We already had the car in CA!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I had never shipped a car before and was moving from Phoenix, Arizona to Portland, Oregon. I discovered RoadRunner in an online search, read their reviews, booked online and received a very prompt telephone confirmation. The driver was very prompt and professional during pickup and drop-off. I even got my car a day earlier than expected in Portland. A good experience all around. RoadRunner is tops in my book.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I cannot say enough for the professionalism and service provided by RoadRunner and especially the driver (Brett). The event was coordinated very well as well as the communication and instructions. Will definitely consider them first for future transportation needs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

There is nothing quite as anxiety provoking as shipping your most valued possession across country. Thankfully between the customer service representatives and my amazing driver the great majority of anxiety was converted into relief. I felt my car was in good hands right away at pick up my. My driver was incredible communicative during pick up and delivery arrangement, and even dropped off a day in advance with my approval. I cannot thank RoadRunner enough for the easing my transition from California to Virginia. If you are look for quality service, RR should be among your top considerations.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My first time using a transport service to ship a vehicle. From the time I was given a quote to the time the vehicle arrived at its final destination I have had nothing but exceptional service with RoadRunner. Will definitely use them again shall the need arise. Thank you again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My entire experience with RoadRunner Transport was flawless. My sales associate made me feel very confident when I scheduled my vehicle transport from Dallas, TX area to Lincoln, CA. He set up everything to meet with my schedule perfectly and on pretty short notice (probably 6 days notice). RoadRunner reps contacted me the whole way with more precise details on the pick-up and drop-off. My transport driver was a very courteous young man who picked up my vehicle on time (technically 15 mins early) and delivered it to me half-way across the country about two days later. He gave me advanced notice that he was going to arrive so early. The car showed up right on time and was in perfect condition.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Road Runner provided quality Service. The order was placed on a Sunday and the car was delivered on Tuesday! RR was in assertive with communication and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I started with another hauler, but little or no service in notification to me. Got call from you, said would have room for me. We agreed on Tuesday, pickup on Wednesday. Delivery date announced, two hours before called and we were ready. Announced time came within 5 minutes. Drivers were clean and mannerly.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Shipped a Can Am SPYDER from WA to CO. Shipper called ahead on the day of the delivery, arrived when expected, loaded the Can Am SPYDER on an enclosed trailer with care. Called an hour out before arriving at my drop off location and took the same care unloading the Can Am. Driver was courteous at both locations.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We have shipped our corvette three times through RoadRunner. All carriers arrived exactly within the half hour time slot. All came with excellent equipment and took amazing care of the car. We're meticulous at protecting the car using foam against the doors. Drivers were always very pleasant and the cars were delivered exactly within the 30 minute window we were given. A great experience. We will use them again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Everyone was very professional and transported our car to our son before the due time, which was great. I have never done this before and was a little nervous but RoadRunner is a very professional organization. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Corvette delivery - Michigan to Florida. Great experience! Pick-up on time and very professional. The drivers, Kevin and Chuck, answered all questions on concerns and delivery. Arrived on time. Loading and unloading were done with great care. I will use them again and would not hesitate to recommend their service.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I found RoadRunner on the internet. I looked up to other shipping companies. There was on that cheaper but they did not call me back for days. Everyone I spoke to at RoadRunner was helpful and professional. Even the driver was polite and communicated with me about the pick up times. Overall it was an easy experience and cost me less to ship the car than it would have to drive it myself. Portland to Oregon to Cape Cod mass in 7 days including the Thanksgiving Holiday. GREAT JOB.

RoadRunner Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Using a network of more than 3,500 certified auto transport professionals, Road Runner Auto Transport offers fast and reliable shipping.

• No upfront cost: Shippers only pay once a carrier has been assigned and pickup has been scheduled.

• Customer satisfaction: Good customer service can make the difference between a smooth delivery and numerous snafus.

• Guaranteed insurance coverage: Every carrier contracted through Road Runner carries at least $750,000 in insurance, so if something does go wrong, every vehicle is covered.

• Broker: Third-party shipping providers may not be as invested in customer service as the originating broker is.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information