It's that easy Request Information
4.03/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

391 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I used the services of RoadRunner transport to transport my Toyota Camry from Irving, TX to Charlotte, North Carolina. My experience was very good. The car arrived on time and without any scratches or dents. I would give them five stars but for the fact that they quoted me $695 but I ended up paying $766 because there was only one driver available in the last few days before my departure date, and I had to either use his services or leave it to find someone else. However, RoadRunner informed me in advance and also gave me an option to either take up that offer or they would search something else for me. I appreciate that they are professional and kept me informed. Thank you RoadRunner!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I hired RoadRunner to transport my son's Honda Civic from Raleigh, NC to Plano, TX. The agent gave me a good price and asked for the date I want the car to be shipped. The booking process was very smooth. The Truck Driver came on the date promised and picked the car. He dropped the car in 2 days. The driver was very cooperative. He drove the car to my house since the Truck could not reach the house due to sharp turns. Overall my experience was excellent. I would recommend RoadRunner Auto Transport to anyone considering this service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I received an online quote and then a booking confirmation for $595 to ship a car from northern CA to southern CA. The booking confirmation was a binding contract, complete with terms and conditions, and it explicitly stated that the shipper agreed to ship the car for the price stated in the contract. 4 days before the car was supposed to be picked up, I received a text that a trucker had been selected and to call to confirm pickup. When I called, I was notified that the price was going to be $925 and not the $595 in the shipping contract. I was told that because of the location of the car that they were having trouble finding a trucker willing to take the job. I was also given a bunch of fake excuses about them trying to contact me about the price change. I had email and phone records of every contact with the company, and there was not a single conversation about pricing.

The company representative was extremely rude when I complained about their breach in contract. As others have noted, I was on hold for 15-30 minutes every time I called. When I called to cancel the shipment, I was told that I was issued a contract that had not been reviewed by a human, that I had ignored repeated calls (not true -- I did not have a single voicemail message), and, when I said we were going to drive the car ourselves because of our limited budget, the representative said, "good luck with that" and hung up on me.

I am DISGUSTED with the service I received with this so-called "business." DO NOT trust a word they say when you're getting a quote, and don't believe that they'll honor a binding contract if their pricing estimate wasn't accurate. If the amount of money we're talking about was more than $595 I would be in court suing them for breach of contract. But these liars and amateurs are not worth any additional time or effort on my part. I will tell anybody and everybody I meet who is needing to ship a car to stay away from RoadRunner Transport. No wonder these folks aren't BBB accredited.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Cliff, we apologize for the issues that occurred with your shipment. Unfortunately, your delivery location is off route and not frequented by our carrier network. The carrier that we located requested additional fees as they had priced the available spot on their trailer higher than expected. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address these issues, your feedback is valuable to us and will be used to better our services for future customers.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

RoadRunner provide excellent service & stayed in contact, car made it to me safely and they’ve reasonable prices.. I would most definitely use them again and tell family & friends to use them if they’re moving out of state and need a vehicle transported.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

It was a pain free experience. I filled out some basic information online and received a call within a few minutes. The gentleman was curious and answered all my questions without hesitation. Communication was excellent throughout the process. Car arrived one day later than expected (can't control weather which slowed them down) without any scratches or damages. I'd use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

The entire experience at RoadRunner from the quote to the delivery of my car was outstanding. Everyone I dealt with was professional and thorough, providing excellent communication on the disposition of my car pick up, shipment and delivery. The car was well taken care of and delivered early in perfect condition. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

First, the online quote was changed upon scheduling a pick up time by nearly $200 more, claimed the online software was updated for the new costs and auto type, which is a requirement to enter to get a quote. Secondly, the pickup date kept on changing, and when it was finally picked up it was by a completely different carrier than they originally promised. Thirdly, the so-called online tracking of the vehicle is completely bogus and provide ZERO tracking or progress as to the status or location of the vehicle, which a simple GPS device could accomplish.

Fourthly, attempting to get a hold of a human on the 800 number is literally impossible and when you get a hold of anyone, no one has any information and they claim need to get a hold of driver for an update that never happens. You're left in the dark. Fifth, my vehicle was delivered late and never received any updates from the driver to help determine potential revised delivery dates or times. Zero communications so you end up sitting around with no information.

In closing, I cannot seriously recommendable to anyone this service given my experience. Everyone is very pleasant when booking the transport but that where it ends. These are easy things to fix but there seems to be a lack of interest given the demand for transport in the U.S. so we are forced to accept marginal service. Unfortunately I have used other transport carriers and I was hoping Roadrunner would be slightly better or different but I can honestly say not much different. Unless you go super premium open transporters are all relatively the same marginal service. So hold your breath be patient and allow 2-3 extra days from your promised delivery date to receive your vehicle. Oh yes, did I mention no one is there over the weekend to answer your calls or online, ZERO communications.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you've had with us. Unfortunately during transport, we are susceptible to delays due to circumstances that are out of our control. For this reason, we express that all dates associated with transport are estimated. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be used to better our services for future customers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

After confirming they would deliver the car by certain day, they didn't pick up and pushed the date. Then last minute they 'found availability' but I would need to pay more than $200 extra. Be careful with this company.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address these issues. Every carrier does have their own pricing as they are owner-operators and the cost was higher than expected. Our team will always inform you of any available options that we receive and have the option to accept or decline.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My car was transported from the Chicago area to an hour South of Boston. It was picked up on time as scheduled and I received a call 90 minutes prior to the arrival. The driver turned out to be a "car buff" and since we was familiar with my vehicle had some helpful information and also offered to help me with anything I needed in the future. He was very personal and professional, both of which were greatly appreciated!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I contacted Road Runner transport about shipping my 280ZX turbo from my engine builder back home to me. They promptly gave me a call back, listed out their various options, then gave me a callback number to the same rep so I could review the options in email format. Once I made my decision, I called them back, completed the financial transaction. Next day, I got a call from the driver assigned to pick up my car, saying that he has reviewed and understood the shipping request, and he had already contacted my engine builder to pick it up. Smooth process. The driver also contacted me, and set up a good location to need up, so he could drop off my car, and his truck wouldn't fit where I live. Would recommend to friends, family, strangers, and car enthusiasts.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information