It's that easy Request Information
4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff works around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

317 RoadRunner Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 9, 2019

The best part of our experience was the company RoadRunner used to transport our car from Warminster, PA. Sergei picked up the car Thursday, Feb 28 at 3 PM. He called twice to tell us where to meet him. He delivered the car on Monday, March 4 at noon as promised. He was efficient, professional and kept in touch with us by phone.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Roadrunner Auto Transport was very diligent and quick at taking my order. I did not hear anything else till the day of my requested pick up when I called. They had no information for me other than I would receive a confirmation of driver assignment later that day. I did not hear anything for another 5 days when I received a confirmation of driver assignment for 2 days later (i.e. 7 days after my requested date). Midday on the day of pick up I called their office and was told I would need to talk directly with the driver. I was told I could google his contact number (they did not have it). I did reach the driver on the phone who informed me that he had refused the contract from RoadRunner as the offered price was too low. I tried calling the RoadRunner office back several times but got the runaround and received no meaningful information. I ended up cancelling my booking

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Jonathan, typically we are instructed to refrain from providing drivers private phone numbers, as phone calls from customers can become very distracting while on the road. It is our policy to allow the driver to contact the customer first, at a time when they are able to safely place calls, usually at designated checkpoints. Additionally we regret that the carrier we assigned to your transport cancelled unexpectedly and er are very sorry to hear that you chose to cancel your booking with us before we were able to further assist you.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The overall experience was good with respect to pick up and drop off of the car, the only issue was that it not really a door to door service because the driver is alone and cannot drive an 18 wheeler to your house so this needs to be specified and RoadRunner should not market this as a door to door service.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Viviana, we regret we could not make your shipment a five star experience. In most cases trucks typically do not have issues delivering directly to the customers door, however some neighborhoods have different vehicle restrictions. Very infrequently this situation occurs, and when it does we always urge our carriers find an agreeable meeting place which is the most convenient for both parties.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Couldn't be happier! The price was the lowest I found. I was concerned my daughter was going to be stranded without her car after moving from Kansas to North Carolina, but Roadway assured me they would take care of her - and they did!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Do not go here!! I am a woman. I called in about my car. I first spoke with Shawn. Who after giving me a price said that I had to book right away to get my car delivered on my desired date. (Giving me the bum rush). I said I was calling to get quotes. He said, "You can make a a thousand phone calls and really you're not going to get a better price..." Then he continued his obnoxious spiel and said, "They will give you a cheaper quote and then jack it up on you later." I said, "No one is going to do that to me." The call was disconnected. Giving the benefit of the doubt I called back. The supervisor, Gary got on the phone and had a major attitude. He goes into this diatribe about these wholesalers and I can't trust them...again shoving stuff at me that I didn't even want to hear. Then he said, "Well you think you have it all figured out." That was that for me. I said, "You are the second man I talked to that has talked to me condescendingly."

He then called me an idiot!! I can't believe the rudeness they think they can get away with running a business!! I would say a lot more but my review will not be posted. You be the judge--you want to give people like this your money or good people that work hard for your business and are courteous? I have nothing against men but this was truly a situation where they thought they had a dumb woman on the phone that could be coerced and persuaded without thinking for herself. Well I am thinking for myself boys and writing reviews. Too bad, my daughter's car needs to be shipped next month after she returns from being a ski instructor in Colorado. You lost TWO CARS!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Martine, we are sorry to read of your recent experience and apologize if you misinterpreted our break down of how the vehicle shipment industry works. We assure you that these details were not explained to you in great detail because of your gender, but rather to all customers who are new to shipping a vehicle. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer care and it was not our intention to make you feel this way. We regret that you have decided to take your business elsewhere because of this misunderstanding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: March 1, 2019

From booking transport to receiving vehicle, everything was smooth. Billy was exceptional with customer service, answered all questions and facilitated a smooth booking process. The driver met to pick up vehicle in Buffalo NY and arrived in Sacramento CA earlier than anticipated in a smooth seamless process. Thanks RoadRunner Team!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I am the appreciative/satisfied customer. I was moving across the country again, this time with my car. I was driving the truck and needed my car transported. I had a bit of difficulty with the date I was leaving as I needed my house to close first. All the staff I spoke with at RoadRunner Auto Transport were patient and responsive. From Matt who explained to me how things worked to Chris and Steve who assisted me and with with my date change. Saeed the transporter was probably the most responsive. Saeed was very gracious and was communicative with regard to his schedule and updates. This made it easier to meet with him to to drop off and pick up my car. Things worked out well, I picked up my car in nice safe place and was on my way in my new city. Thank you all very much!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Originally I contacted 2 companies for bringing the cars back to Cincinnati. However, after that and booking I received a ton of phone calls, emails, and text to want me to use them to ship the cars. They also said you had me posted for a driver! One person basically yelled at me for using you and your BBB rating was not good! I then called and left Anthony a message to ask him to explain – never received a phone call back! I did call into the office and talked to a very helpful person. I also had to call back and speak to a very nice person – because my credit company declined my charge. Once calling my credit company and confirming the charge all went well. I loved the driver, and so did Michelle who was at the pickup site. I will admit the older cars had issues but he/driver had a lot of options for us. We was the “best”. My 4 rating is I feel everyone can always improve!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had lots of fears after reading reviews from many Auto transport companies, but when I communicated with RoadRunner, they boosted my faith and really surpassed my expectations. They kept their word, very considerate, highly professional, excellent service. My cars (Pathfinder and Cruiser) got to Texas as neatly as I handed them over to those cheerful movers in Chicago. I still have another SUV to move to Texas and will certainly have them do it. I have sent the message to my friends and would recommend them to everyone who has a car to move without adding mileage on your car.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

This company comes up first in the search results, but they apparently spend more on SEO than on service. I paid in advance, including insurance and then had my appointment cancelled twice. Upon asking for a supervisor, I was told they had gone home. So I put up a message on their site explaining that the service was so poor I suspected it was a scam and would be contacting the BBB, Attorney General and FTC. That was all it took to have a phone call from a manager in less than 12 minutes.

Sadly, the woman who contacted me has either no training in customer service or was annoyed at something in her personal life. It was all my wife named I could do to not giggle while this woman, being recorded, on speakerphone accused me of being hard to deal with. She persisted in threatening me and accusing me of being impatient. Luckily, I recorded much of this and have it on YouTube. If anyone wants it, I’ll send the link. Nothing was ever resolved, I wound up waiting despite the “manager” “lady” berating me. Eventually, the car arrived, but it was way later than promised initially.

Just so a prospective customer is aware: There is no “tracking”. That amounts to a summation of the initial email estimate of delivery of the vehicle. Nothing live, nothing even as “complex” as the tracking on a 12 dollar package from Amazon. Just a message with the exact same text from your original estimate of delivery. Wow, how high tech. Absolutely pathetic.

Look elsewhere, the car might make it but the service is terrible and there is no live tracking of the thousands of dollars worth of merchandise you’ve paid to have shipped. Top that off with a harpie on the order of the “manager” who contacted me and its time to step on off to the next top search result. These people don’t care, their level of “service” makes it patently evident and they are unapologetic when you do complain. I ship vehicles regularly, it’s NEVER an issue. This time, with RoadRunner Auto Transport, it’s unnecessarily slow, rude and annoying. What a joke.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Only major issues were related to promised pickup times. In part the problem was related to an unexpected snow storm and icy conditions. Adrian did his best to accommodate us in rescheduling. He worked around my plane flight which was also delayed. Car arrived as promised being picked up Saturday night and delivered on Tuesday AM. No problem. Driver was courteous and interested in our needs. Would use RoadRunner again!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I would not say the cost was the cheapest you can find in the market but you can count on these people. My wife and I requested cross-country transport for two vehicles (separately due to moving schedule) and they all safely arrived safely and unexpectedly early! Great drivers and service crews.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I booked in advance to have my truck transported from Florida to NY and I expressed it had to be there by Friday the 23rd. Was told it wouldn't be a problem. They scheduled pick up for Tuesday and delivery for Thursday. Didn't hear from anyone all day Tuesday. Called them and was told driver will call 2-3 hrs prior. Didn't hear anything on Wednesday. Was told driver will call 2-3 hrs prior and drivers get 24-48 hr grace period. Thursday I call again and was told pick up will be Friday. Driver calls me Friday and said he is getting in late. Will come if I want or Saturday morning. I agreed for 7am Saturday and truck will definitely be there in 24hrs. He showed up at 3 pm. Truck got there Monday afternoon.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Kelly, Were sorry to hear about your recent experience with us here at RoadRunner Auto Transport, we apologize for any inconveniences this delay in transport may have caused you. Unfortunately during transport we are susceptible to delays due to circumstances that are out of our control. For this reason we express that all dates associated with transport are estimated, we can never guarantee specific dates. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address these issues, as your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our services for future customers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Excellent service! Got scheduled for a driver for the next day. Came from California to Colorado within 3 day. The gentleman was very professional. Only would like a bit more communication with pick up and drop off time. He called 15 minutes before pick up. A more scheduled time or a few hours heads up. Even the night prior would make this service more outstanding since they have tight schedules. Getting an estimated time for drop off as well the night prior would help a lot also. Rather than 2 hours ahead so we could clear that block of time. But it was awesome service when it all came to it and when the driver said the drop off time he honored that and am very pleased with his performance!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I was very pleased with the service received by your company. This was the first time I had done anything like this, so I had a lot of questions. Each individual and customer support person with whom I interacted answered my questions thoroughly. My vehicle was picked up later than initially scheduled because of bad weather; however, it was delivered to its destination on time. The transport driver was very professional and knowledgeable. He took extreme care with my vehicle and the other vehicles on the transport.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

In early Feb (2/7) my mother moved from Everett, WA to Mesa, Az. Roadrunner picker up her car & in the week of the worst snow storm of the Pacific NW, brought it down to my home in Queen Creek absolutely flawlessly. I will definitely recommend Roadrunner to anyone I know needing this service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The service that Road Runner Auto Transport provided was easy & stress-free. Nick was the driver and was very informative about the process. I received my car on time and was definitely happy. I would recommend Road Runner Auto Transport to friends and family!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Everything worked. Driver called and came when he said and amazingly he arrived in Tampa at the same time as my plane, so we made the delivery right there and I drove my car back to Boca Grande! Very convenient, loved the transport driver.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Absolute worst experience. I understand dates are "estimated" but people have schedules, people have jobs and lives. Pick up date was scheduled for a Monday. I receive no confirmation other than the email confirmation. Around Monday at noon I call the company to confirm that we are still doing a pickup for Monday. They confirm that the car will still be picked up. Around 5 pm the car has still hasn't been picked up so I call and they tell me (again) that they cannot give me a time but I am still scheduled for pick up, it is between 9am-9pm and to just keep waiting. 8 pm rolls around and I finally get a call that it's not going to happen today, so we schedule it for the next day. The next day, we wait around all day but at least it gets picked up!

Drop off, I take off work to wait for the car. Again, another 9a-9p window. I contact RoadRunner around 12 to make sure we are still on for drop off today, they confirmed. At 4:30 I get a call from the driver that he is a day and a half behind and that he doesn't know when he will be there with the car. I contact RoadRunner, get transferred around numerous times and get some of the worst customer service. Again, I realize it's a window, but I think when I called at 12 and asked, instead of just assuming, that would have been a good time to actually contact the driver to confirm he was on schedule instead of wasting my day. At one point the rep asked me "Well what do you want to do at this point?"

**UPDATE 2/22** Called RoadRunner for 3 hours yesterday after my car still had not arrived and I had not heard from them all day. They would not give me an update on where my car is. They were 'contacting' dispatch and would call me back. Never did. They were supposed to be open until 8 pm, I called at 7 pm and got a voice recording that they were closed for the night. Is my car lost? Is it stolen? Who knows, because I can't get a call back from RoadRunner. I understand you don't care about customer service, but don't make it so apparent.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We called to get a car transported because we are doing a PCS. They were so helpful and returning phone calls until they drafted $1405 from our credit card. Then the calls stopped, they never even answered the phone. Did get ahold of one woman that said she would call me back when she found out what was going on and never heard back. This company took a large amount of money that we needed to move our vehicle and now we have to file a fraud report to get our money back. 4-6 weeks! So now my car is stuck on the West Coast while we are on the East Coast! This has caused so much stress and tears for my family.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This was the smoothest and least painless part of my entire cross country move. Booking was simple, price was well worth not making the full CA to NY road trip again and there were no surprises. I really appreciate the clear communication and the fact that within a few days I had my car on the other side of the country. Thanks again!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Roadrunner was super responsive. I called, a fee was agreed, paperwork was sent, and my car was picked up the following day. It arrived on time with a friendly driver. Process couldn't have been smoother or less worry-free.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Our vehicle arrived sooner than we expected, great experience with RoadRunner. Our driver was awesome, I would definitely ship with RoadRunner again. Thanks for getting our truck (2006 Dodge Ram 3500) safely from Arizona to South Carolina much sooner than we expected!??

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

They delivered the car on time actually a day before scheduled so that was helpful and they accommodated me through some technical difficulties that we were having in the beginning and did an excellent job getting my Mercedes Benz safely across nearly two thousand miles in bad weather.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The guy who came out to transport my vehicle was prompt and professional. He would initially do a check on the vehicle for scratches and bumps that was there before the move. He didn't say anything at the initial examination but called back saying that there were scratches and dents that weren't noticed in the exam. I thought that was pretty honest of him to point those out in my new Honda Accord, which I bought last month, otherwise I would have thought that those were the results of the transport. He transported the vehicle to the final destination: Minnesota (from Texas) earlier than the promised date and wanted to leave the final destination a day earlier than when I could receive the car.

I was kind of frustrated but I understood his situation, because there was a snowstorm headed that way. Fortunately, my apartment concierge was able to provide him my parking information, and he was able to park my car at a safe, designated parking space. Overall, the experience was good but I wished if he could have followed the itinerary exactly as it was discussed on the phone.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The driver was very friendly and great at keeping the line of communication open. My car arrived earlier than expected which was great, the car was in great condition and the driver was pleasant when doing the exchange. Would recommend!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Extremely fast service. Vehicle was picked up in the evening on Thursday, Jan. 31st in Vancouver Washington and delivered to my location in Fair Oaks, CA at 11:30 AM on Friday Feb. 1st. Driver was very friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend him.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We have used RoadRunner Auto Transport in the past and things worked out fine. This time we are moving across the country and I scheduled the pick up 10 days prior to us getting on a plane. They told me it would not be a problem scheduling the pickup prior to our departure. Two days before we were supposed to leave, I still hadn’t heard a word about a scheduled pickup. I made phone calls and sent emails but never got a response. You can chat with someone online but that feels like automated responses and you still don’t get anywhere. I did finally receive a call that said they could pick up the car 3 days after we were already gone. The lack of customer service and communication is totally unacceptable. We are now in a bind and need to make other arrangements. I will never use or recommend RoadRunner again.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like assist you. A representative from our customer service department will be following up with you shortly.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I worked with Billy **... He was very helpful and patient. Had to make changes and he was very accommodating. Dispatcher was also very courteous as was the driver Tony. Car arrived in same condition as it left....well besides the Dirt!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had never shipped a car before. RRT made it easy. They arrange everything and contact a transport company. It was reasonable cost and seemed cheaper than others. Only took a star off because it is like moving - you get a window and have no idea when pickups or drop off are until the day it happens. Would be nice if easier to track.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information