4.5/5 (62 ratings)

About RoadRunner Auto Transport

Road Runner Auto Transport is rated #1 trusted car shipping company by customers. Experienced and professional staff work around the clock to ensure each customer has a positive shipping experience. Our team of expert shipping coordinators arrange fully insured transport with no deposit ever required. Reliable customer support is always available to keep customers updated on the progress of their shipments. Perks like live online vehicle tracking offer customers peace of mind and ease throughout their entire shipment. Our customers feel confident knowing their transport was arranged by experts and that reliable customer support is always available. Visit our website to learn more about our services and get a free instant car shipping quote today!

Pros

• Ships anywhere in US
  • Ships almost any type of vehicle
  • 24/7 tracking
  • Door-to-door shipping

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Roadrunner is a reliable shipping option for auto transport anywhere in the United States. Though they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, they can ship almost any type of vehicle.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoadRunner Auto Transport?

Original review: July 22, 2022

You didn't update your tracking. I didn't know if the Jeep had been picked up by RR or stolen! I had no idea where the jeep was till 2 pm the next day, It did show up that evening. The drivers were very nice, polite and helpful. Jeep was not damaged in travel.

Original review: July 20, 2022

The experience with RoadRunner was one of a kind. They kept me up to date on when the car was going to be picked up. I got nervous when the day was approaching, and called. Customer service rep couldn’t be more friendly and helpful. Not only was my car picked up earlier than expected, the driver was very nice and was able to accommodate my schedule to sign for the delivery. Will definitely use service again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 18, 2022

This was the most worst experience ever and the most stressful and anxiety driven. What Roadrunner Transport are promised with my car the carrier UKR elite auto carrier that was supposed to pick up my car and then the money order was made out to them but UKR Elite BOOKED my car off to a third-party lumen car which I had no idea even occurred until I got a phone call that my car was on the way to me and when I went downstairs to pay the gentleman with the money order he wouldn’t take it. He says that’s not my company. I’m not UKR Elite which RoadRunner hired to transport my vehicle.

THE DRIVER was Aggressive and was leaving without giving me my car because I wrote the money order out already and was expecting UKR ELITE. He wanted $750 in cash. I called Roadrunner and they had no knowledge of this. Meanwhile the $300 deposit was paid to them. They had no idea who had my car. He had no Company name on the side plus my car was packed with his groceries all over the front floor and seats. I called 911 because he was leaving with my car and I was scared. Then a police report was made Thank goodness for the police who stopped him from leaving with my car.

I hired Road Runner auto transport thinking they were a great company. Meanwhile they’re not. They didn’t even know where my car was or who had it. Then this Lumen car took my car off the ramp and pulled the emergency brake up so hard I had to have it fixed the next day and all Roadrunner auto transport could say is, "I'm so sorry that you went through this." THE WORST AND STRESSFUL EXPERIENCE EVER!

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Mae, thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your comments. We understand that this altercation took place in March of 2020. All of our carriers are internally rated based on performance and because of this issue we no longer work with this carrier. Additionally, we require photographic evidence that supports your claim within a reasonable time frame, and because this is well over two years later and we never received any further documentation, your claim has since expired.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I have used RoadRunner transport 3 times in the past few years. Always happy with their service. Prompt, easy to reach, responsive, and they take care of your car! All 3 shipments of mine have been cross-country, and they have been great. Couldn't ask for better service!

Original review: June 20, 2022

I had an excellent experience with Roadrunner Auto Transport. I shipped 2 cars, and my driver, Steven, was prompt, professional and did a fantastic job. He was on time, took great care of my vehicles. I highly recommend Roadrunner and Steven for moving your vehicle. Carl K. Phoenix, AZ

Original review: June 7, 2022

Everything went smooth. Delivered early. Would like to have a little more information with the order. Things like Can I leave a box or two in the car. Also how the pick up and drop work would have saved me a phone call or two.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Our truck was picked up as expected but not delivered as promised. The driver called us stating that he could not deliver it to the address we provided because the streets in Siesta Keys are too narrow - that part is understood - and that the only choice was for us to pick it up June 2 at the main office. We arrived from New York at 9:30 pm on June 1st to the rental home. We had no way to go anywhere to get food and we had no clothes. Our luggage was in the truck. The morning after we called the main office and we were told that someone could have driven the truck to the house the night we arrived but THE DRIVER had told them that we had decided to pick it up the morning after. So… 30 dollars later paid for the taxi ride we got our truck at the main office. Other than that the truck was in good condition…. No complaints about that.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Our driver, Ovi was professional and expedient. He was flexible with his pickup timing and extremely helpful. He went above and beyond by sending updates when I requested them. He seemed to have a very good understanding of the cars he was carrying. I felt comfortable knowing he was going to take care of my car as if it were his own. Outstanding work by an outstanding driver.

Original review: June 3, 2022

We had our vehicle shipped from Florida to North Carolina. Our transporter was very communicative and friendly! I reached out to many different shippers and felt comfortable with Roadrunner due to their high volume of shipments weekly. We will be using roadrunner again for our next move.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Arrived in a few days. Driver called day before and day of delivery. Everything was very good about the service. No hassles at all. Easy booking and payment. Taken care of with no extreme questions and answers. Was easy to book and pay. No hidden costs.

Original review: June 2, 2022

The driver was great, he kept in touch to keep us informed via phone calls and text. Our cars arrived the same way they were received. I would use Road Runner Auto Transporter again. This was a awesome way to move our cars from New Jersey to Florida.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I was very pleased with the service from start to finish. Professionalism was great and ability to work around our schedule to transport our car from Sanford, FL to Herndon, VA. The car arrived about a day or so early! Thank you!

Original review: May 6, 2022

I was very pleased with the service. The phone operator was nice and the car came when they said it would. It was very easy for me to get the car shipped. I will use them again. THANK YOU Thank You Thank You. I was pleased.

Original review: April 15, 2022

The driver picked up our car precisely as promised and delivered it to our driveway in Kansas City just as promised. I could not have asked for a better service. The reservation system worked perfectly.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I had a wonderful experience with RoadRunner Auto Transport! They made it easy to schedule my car being shipped. My car arrived on time and the driver was so nice and professional! Thank you for a great experience!

Original review: April 15, 2022

I used RoadRunner to help me ship my Jeep from Phoenix, AZ to Indianapolis, IN. They were able to get it there in 4 days, which was 1 day under the quoted timeframe of 5-7 days. They were also able to accommodate my Jeep, which has a 6 inch lift and oversized tires at 35”. This made my move so much easier. I’m so thankful for their help!

Original review: April 6, 2022

My experience with the Roadrunner car transport was great. The driver communicated thru entire process. Was punctual and even arrived to deliver car ahead of schedule. I would recommend them to anyone needing a car transport.

Original review: April 2, 2022

The process was quick and easy. Transporter made the pick-up and delivery of a 2009 Maxima from New Jersey to Florida as promised. Received good communication from driver the day before delivery notifying the time vehicle was being dropped. He was there and unloaded vehicle with no issues. I have used Road Runner Auto Transport in the past and would continue to use them in the future if needed.

Original review: April 1, 2022

My daughter delegated the pick up of my vehicle in California. She explained the truck driver company was extremely professional. When my car arrived in Florida, within the projected delivery time, I was greeted by the driver and he was extremely pleasant and professional. There were no issues during the trip and the car was delivery in timely fashion. If I ever have to use a transport business again, and would consider highly requesting for the same driver.

Original review: April 1, 2022

My car was transported from New Jersey to Clearwater Florida. From the first point of communication with Road Runner to the end it was always professional. I interacted with several reps before making my decision to trust them with my transport and every time they answered all of my questions and went into in depth answers giving me assurance I could trust them every part of the way. The transporter was so nice and stayed in contact with me regarding my vehicle, also provided photos. My car was clean and intact upon delivery. I give 5 stars across the board! And I have already recommended Road Runner to a family member. Thank you so much!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I needed to send a car to my son in Virginia. I went online and saw the RoadRunner ad and called them. I got a competitive price and booked it. I called on 3/11 to bookcar-on 3/14 they called back with a pickup date of 3/18 and a delivery date of 3/22. That is exactly what happened -car picked up 3/18 and delivered actually late 3/21. Safe and sound as promised. If you need to ship a vechicle I would highly recommend roadrunner to arrange your transportation and delivery. Very pleased to find a business you can actually depend on what they tell you to be true. Bob C.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Very quick, pickup and delivery was on the days I was told. I even had to make a change and they adapted to the change quickly without any issues. This is the second time using them and I’m happy with their pricing and service, give Nick a call.

Original review: March 22, 2022

The entire experience was so easy. From online setup to carrier assignment to driver was pretty much seamless and fast. I’ve not used an auto transport company before and was surprised at how easy it was. Kudos to all!

Original review: March 21, 2022

Absolutely the most unprofessional company. Very good at 1st to get quote. They text you, email & are on it. Once you book.. forget it.. You will NEVER SPEAK TO A LIVE AGENT AGAIN. They will literally kick you away on calls to automated & hang up. I tried 9 different numbers, called from 2 different phones, wrote emails, nada. I'm about to call my bank to cancel. Beware anyone.. Choose another company.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Lara, we value your feedback and the chance we get to resolve any issues that our customers may have. We understand that you have since been in contact with multiple representatives who have advised you of your vehicle’s current shipment status. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I recently had to have a vehicle transported from Florida to Sacramento California at last minutes notice, I Googled it RoadRunner came up. I called them and with no hassle no issues at all. They set it up, they gave me a great quote, that was it.. The next day I got a message that a driver accepted it. They gave him my information. He was in contact with me. Very nice. Showed up when he said he was going to show up, picked up the vehicle, got it to Sacramento safe and sound. No issues. Car was fine. The truck driver was awesome, very polite, clean not dirty, and took care of my vehicle. So if you're looking for a Transport company roadrunner's the way to go. Thank you so much...LD

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I've used this company twice and had great experiences each time. They communicate with you every step of the way. Questions are immediately answered. Their drivers are polite, helpful and professional. Strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional and reasonably priced transport company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

They showed up on time for an easy pick up and the car reached its 2100 mile destination a day earlier than expected. The driver was very thorough and the dispatcher and driver kept us updated. I would use them again.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I hope the driver would show up earlier than 9 pm but it didn’t. I would think twice before I make a recommendation because it seems there is no limit on the charge. It is very unsettled when one doesn’t know how much it would eventually be charged.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Alix, thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your feedback. Please note that you will always be given the chance to accept or decline carriers. All carrier and costs must be approved by you before we proceed so you will never be surprised by any prices.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I had been preparing for the possibility of needing to move my daughter's lifted 4x4 Tahoe from Medford, Oregon to Southern California for a couple months. When I made the initial inquiries of transport companies, Roadrunner was quick to respond, and continued to periodically followup, but not harassingly. Then abruptly I needed them. I called, they honored the quote from a few months earlier, and picked up the vehicle the next day. In less than 24 hrs after the pickup in Medford, Oregon, the vehicle was in my driveway in Southern California. I appreciated the text messages on pickup and delivery status. Roadrunner was great, the price was reasonable, and their customer service was spot on. They took a load off my shoulders when I needed them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Tell your Roadrunner agent not to hang up the phone from the customer. Learn from Japanese people how to conduct the business. Japanese worker bows and greet their customer when the customer is leaving or entering their store. In this case, The roadrunner male agent who called me about my car transport and asked me if I still want to ship my car. I said Yes, but I just want a quote first. He then hung his phone right away without saying a word. How rude is he? His call no. is **. Never and ever hang up the phone before customer. It's very very rude. Especially, the stores who call the consumers about their product. They will hang up the phone when you tell them You're not interest. Bad business conduct. Teach your employees how to respect customer. Otherwise, the customers like me will post bad reviews and note in his book not to do business with particular business.

RoadRunner Auto Transport response

Vjjvb, we strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you've had. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be used to better our services for future customers.

RoadRunner Auto Transport Company Information