4.5/5 (267 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I called about my Mercedes that I just purchased and for bumper to bumper, it’s $31 for Olive and it's unbelievable. I was a little hesitant because the other warranty company that I called was 170, and the dealer was almost $4,000 for three years. But then I got the plan from Olive. They're a reputable company. I would recommend them because the pricing is good and there's no waiting period that the other companies have. I don't have to wait 30 days. It starts the same day.

olive response

Yes, Cheryl, we are truly shaking up breakdown coverage! Welcome to the olive family, we are so glad to have you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I had a very good experience with the rep when I signed up. I'm still waiting for the actual policy coverage.

olive response

Michael, so glad it went smooth in your sign- up process. We did resend that info to your email, today. Let us know if you don't receive it, we will verify we have the correct email.

Thank you for olive these stars!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The customer service was good. I wanted to see the contracts that I would be signing before I went any further and they sent it to my email. I was able to look over it all. I was happy with the way everything was handled. The waiting period is something that's usually standard so it was nice that Olive didn't have one. I got a bumper-to-bumper policy so it was more about exclusions than what was covered.

olive response

Wonderful of you to share this experience and this FIVE-STAR review with us, Jodi! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Their signing-up process wasn’t anything hard.

olive response

Hi Sara, thanks for your four stars and letting us know the signup process was not hard. We appreciate your feedback. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The rep I worked with was good and very friendly. However, they could've improved the wait times from when I signed up and made my first payment to when I received my login information. I waited quite a while that I hesitated. It was over an hour.

olive response

Hi Yarelly, thanks for the five stars! As a green company everything is sent out immediately by email. When printed copies are requested, they can take up to 3 weeks. We apologize if the time frame was not mentioned to you. We hope now that you have received the policy in the mail you are all set. If not reach back out to us. Cheers! olive

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Olive's rep was pretty helpful, and the purchase process went good. I just haven’t received a bill yet. I got with them a little over a month ago, and they sent me a big package but they haven't sent me a bill.

olive response
Hey Darrin! We are so happy you have joined the olive family! We are a green company and as such, everything is electronic. You can find your "bill" on your OLIVE GROVE. I see that it has already auto-paid for this month and you are current.
If you have problems connecting to your olive grove, please reach out to us at 1-866-759-1194, or reach back out to me, here.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience, Darrin.

olive

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Their signup process was nice and easy. So far, their customer service has been okay.

olive response

Hi Mary, thanks for your five stars. We are glad to hear our signup process was easy for you. Can I ask what we can improve on with customer service?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I contacted an auto warranty company but they don't deal with California, so they sent Olive to me. Olive called me. They did give me some plan options. I was gonna get in contact with them too, just to make sure everything is still straight. As long as everything is legit, I’ll recommend them to anybody.

olive response

Thank you, Sean, for this FIVE-STAR review. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Excellent prices. Patient agent. No waiting period. Would have preferred quicker promised emails. Otherwise, everything was good. All questions answered. Any misgivings were totally laid to rest. I recommend them so far.

olive response

Hello Beth, thanks for the five stars and letting us know about your experience. We are glad to hear you now have peace of mind with olive. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Looking online, everybody said that Olive was the best. I did everything online when I signed up. There was one thing at the end that I didn't realize in the beginning. They said that if anything happens that was a preexisting condition, even if you didn't know, they won't cover it. I didn't really appreciate that. That's the one thing that would probably cause me not to continue with them because that's unfair. If I don't know, how can you say it was preexisting? I did not see that until I already paid. If I had seen that, I probably would not have paid. I would have never gone with them. The purpose of the insurance is to cover you for things that might crop up. If you were telling me that you're not going to pay because it was preexisting, and I didn't know it was preexisting, that doesn't make sense to me.

olive response

We understand your concern, Laurel, and we recommend regular maintenance to spot any conditions, as they occur. These records also help in the claims process, should you have a mechanical breakdown. We welcome you to the olive family and are here if any other concerns arise.

Have a wonderful day.

olive

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Since purchasing Olive's coverage, there's a certain amount of confidence now that if something makes noise or if the car breaks down, I have an assurance that I won't be paying thousands of dollars for the repairs.

olive response

We are so proud to bring you that peace of mind, you are seeking, Kory. Thank you for taking the time to share this review and tell us your thoughts about olive.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The rep did a good job and explained the coverage well. My experience has been good.

olive response

Hello Richard. Thank you for your comment and five stars. Glad to hear you felt the coverage was explained well with a good experience. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I liked the idea that it's not a contract with Olive. I can stop it ad quit paying anytime I want. The other place wanted me to pay for a contract where I was stuck in it for five years. The reps at Olive also took the time to explain the coverage. I did take the 500 deductible which is about right for a car. The way it was explained to me was that it covers everything except wear and tear. They were very respectful. I asked them dumb questions, but they answered all my questions. The only complaint I had was they didn't send me the welcome package right away. I looked at my credit card and that was how I saw the charge. But when I called them, they were very polite and I had the policy within five minutes in my email. I was very happy with it. I don't know how the service actually is but it makes me feel better to know that I got something there. My major concern was to have the electronics covered because there's no way I can fix it. I just replaced a motor in my wife's truck and having the engine replaced was $7,000.

olive response

Hello Vinson. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience and for the five stars. I apologize that there was a glitz with sending out the welcome package right away. It has been fixed now. olive is very transparent. Nothing to hide. No questions unanswered. Welcome to the no contract olive family!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I was gonna look at at least two different warranty companies and while I was pending my decision, Olive was very responsive. I told the rep my primary concern was the electronics in the car and I wanted to make sure that that was covered. I told him I wanted bumper-to-bumper coverage and he said yes. I asked if he could send me a hardcopy and he did. But when I got the policy, under exclusions it says electrical. I’ve called twice and left a message for him. The follow-through is iffy. He has not responded so I called the third time and all I got for an answer is Olive has the best coverage available. That doesn't tell me why is electrical under exclusions. If electrical isn't covered, then I’m on to someone else.

olive response

Hi Rachel, it looks like you have our complete care, which does cover electrical. The exclusions to this plan would be you general wear and tear items such as oil changes. We would be happy to have one of our coverage advocates reach out to you for more in depth plan information. Otherwise please give us a call at (888)654-8348. You may also look at our comparison chart for coverage details at olive.com/coverage-plans/. Cheers, olive!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The reps at Olive were real nice when I bought my policy.

olive response

Hello Delia. Thanks for the five stars and your comment. Glad to hear you had a nice experience when purchasing olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The sales rep explained everything for me and answered all the questions. I already had told some people about Olive. Sometimes anything can happen with your car and it's always safe to have a warranty.

olive response

Hello Laday. Couldn't agree with you more! It is always a good idea to be safe now rather than sorry later. Thanks for your comment, five stars and for telling others about olive. We appreciate you! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

The rep I signed up with was very helpful. The plan I was offered got a lot of coverage and I'm happy.

olive response

Hello Loucinda, thanks so much for your comment and five stars. We appreciate hearing about our customer's experience especially when it leaves the customer feeling happy. We got you covered! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

When I got the papers, my son's name was everywhere. I called Olive and told them I needed one that didn't have his name. Communicating with a rep over the phone wasn't too hard but they had a hard time getting that done. It was a month getting the changes over but it's all straightened out.

olive response

Glenn, we apologize for the delay, I see you are a Sr. and Jr. That sometimes gets confusing, I understand. Very thankful it has been straightened out. I see the proper correspondence has been emailed to you. If we may assist further, please reach out. Thank you for choosing olive and taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

When I first bought the vehicle, it had some balance on the factory warranty, on the drivetrain. I was just googling different extended warranty companies and came up with Olive. I got online, did everything, then spoke to a gentleman with Olive and told him that I still have warranty. He said, “Well, if it's already powertrain, drivetrain, everything was covered up until the factory warranty, it would be probably beneficial once it was up.” There was no need to buy it right then, so I looked at some other different ones like Endurance and CarShield. I spoke again with gentleman with Olive earlier and I started the warranty last week. I haven't had any issues with the car, so I was just getting this protection just in case.

olive response

Darryl, thank you for olive these stars and for your kind words. We believe digging into your coverage options, before making a choice, is the best practice and are so happy you chose us! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

My auto mechanics said that I was hitting 60,000 miles and since I'm going to keep the car for a while, it would be smart to get the warranty at this time, and they recommended Olive. The purchasing process was easy. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.

olive response

Terre, we are grateful your mechanic knows who they would like to work with and recommended us! If or when you have an unexpected breakdown, we look forward to thanking them and getting you rollin' again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The guy that answered the phone was really good. We laughed and had some fun. I liked his attitude.

olive response

Sandra, thank you for this FIVE-STAR review and for sharing the fun experience you had.

Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

When I called customer service to set up an account, they didn't try to high-pressure me. They gave me the information I needed and when I called back looking for more, they didn't try to high-pressure me again. They came within a little bit of the other companies out there, and their service was better. So far, they are a pleasure to deal with. They have really done a nice job.

olive response

Thank you, Penn, for olive these stars and for taking the time to share this with us!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Olive was great. It was super easy to set up, had super competitive pricing and was very easy to manage. I made the purchase online but I called because I had a question about the listings of what comes with the contract. The reps were super helpful and walked us straight through exactly what the difference was. The purchasing process with Olive was perfect. It was effortless.

olive response

Hello Matt. Wow, thanks so much for all those kind words about olive! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience getting your policy and questions answered. We thrive on full transparency when it comes to our customers. Thanks for the five stars as well! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Everything was good when I signed up with them. They were very kind and receptive. They quickly answered my questions. The lady that was helping me out was very kind and nice.

olive response

Anthony, what a shining review! We are so proud of our customer service team and glad you got to experience their AWESOMENESS! Welcome to the family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I got bumper-to-bumper from olive and so far, so good. The rep explained the aspects of the coverage very well.

olive response

Hello William. I bet that feeling that you are covered from bumper to bumper is a pretty good feeling! Welcome to the olive family! Thanks for your comment and five stars. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Their overall price was cheaper than anybody else with the $500 deductible. Signing up with them seemed very straightforward.

olive response

With 9 coverage options, we are happy you found your fit, Travis. We are happy you chose olive for your coverage needs.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The signup was easy and the rep I talked to was great.

olive response

Thank you for this FIVE-STAR review, Michele. We are so happy you chose olive for your coverage needs.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

It was easy to purchase the policy. The process was all done online and it was done in about a minute.

olive response

Brian, we sure appreciate olive these stars and the time you took to share your experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The rep that helped me through the signup answered all my questions. I can't wait till I place my first claim and see how that goes.

olive response

WOW! Thank you for this SHINING review, Deon. We will be here, IF or when you need to get rollin' again, after an unexpected breakdown.

Cheers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The lady that I got on the phone with was very helpful. She gave me all the information.

olive response

Shelly, we are so happy to hear you had great service to help you make your decision on mechanical breakdown coverage. Thank you for your review.

Have a great day!