4.5/5 (346 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I pondered the need for insurance for months and Alisha was so great about supporting me without any pressure. She contacted me periodically to check in and her persistence was very welcomed and supportive. I’m impressed with this level of service from the sales department. I hope the service is this great should I ever need to make a claim!

olive response

Hi Ellyn, thanks for your five stars and review. Glad to hear Alisha was so helpful to you. Welcome to the olive team!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I wasn't ready to sign up right away because it was several months away from the manufacturer's warranty running out. So, there was no pressure. The rep gave me a quote and said that quote would be honored when I was ready. I got a couple of follow-up emails to make sure I didn't forget about it and then, there was a three months offer email, which I ended up taking advantage of. So, that was very good that they honored that when I finally signed up. I had a very positive experience, very professional, friendly and whenever I had a question, they got back to me right away.

olive response

WOW, Tony! Those are some shiny stars and some very kind words! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I did this online and had to keep going back into it. You were closed. I wasn’t sure if I had completed it correctly. So opted to call the next day. But in the morning it showed me complete. So it all worked out. I feel safe.

olive response

Hello Shaughana, thanks for the four stars and sharing your experience. We want to to make sure you are all set now. Do you have any other questions or concerns? If not then great and welcome to olive!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

The young lady that I spoke with from Olive was very nice. She was very informative and that was what made me go with the company.

olive response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this four-star review, Roy. Welcome to the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The reps from Olive seemed helpful and honest. They told me what they didn't cover was the battery, and I could understand that. Other than that, they covered everything else.

olive response

Thank you, Donnie, for taking the time to leave this review. We are proud to have you in the olive family!

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I spoke to this really nice lady from Olive, and from the get-go, she explained what they are about, what they do and that I am under no obligation to join them. She started telling me what they covered, what they didn't cover, what options were good and what the prices were. Ten when I gave her the year, make and model and the mileage of my vehicle, she said, "Oh, you qualify for less money." So, I went ahead and went with them because they were very comfortable and they didn't pressure me at all. They're very easy to talk to. They haven't been around a long time as they explained to me, but they're more down-to-earth. The people that they have answer your questions, and they have the right answers. Whatever questions you ask them, they look to get you the right information, and that's what I liked about them.

olive response

Thomas, we pride ourselves in a hassle-free experience and am so happy we have met the expectations. Thank you for olive these shining stars and your kind words. Welcome to the olive family!

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

When I did my research, it turned out Olive covered more than what I was looking for. I went online, saw the quote and had additional questions. I thought that was too good to be true. Had a follow-up question. I needed clarification. So, I called and asked my questions, Olive answered them. And even though it sounded dumb to me, they didn't make me feel like they were dumb questions. It went well. They were very patient and kind.

olive response

We are so happy to hear you found all you were looking for, and more, Sylvia! Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Olive offered what I was looking for at a competitive price. Also, they seemed professional. I couldn't get a quote online so I purchased over the phone. It was informative, friendly, and to the point.

olive response

Anthony, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and olive these stars! We are happy to have you in the family.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

After trying to get a quote and getting stuck on the page to enter my car, I requested a chat. Amber answered promptly. She was very professional but also friendly. She thoroughly explained my options after determining my Mazda CX5 is eligible for an Olive warranty. I was able to easily and quickly start my account.

olive response

Hi Patricia, thanks for your review and naming your praise with Amber. We appreciate you sharing your experience and the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Olive's headquarters is just down the street from where I live. It somehow made them seem a bit more trustworthy. And at the same time, their rate was really good. I got a quote, and I had somebody contact me from olive, and that person was professional. He never pushed me to sign up, but he answered all of my questions and concerns that I might have had regarding deductibles and how repair processes work.

olive response

Well hello there neighbor Vladimir! Thank you for the five stars and review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Great experience actually purchasing. However, none of the confirmation emails came through, and when I tried to make an account or reset the password, it failed and didn't give me a reset link, but did lock me out of resetting again for 24 hours. I still can't make or log into an account and I still don't have a confirmation of purchase email.

olive response

Thank you for the feedback Charles. We will look into this right away for you. Please check your spam folder. We will be in touch to help you reset your password and get logged in.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

When I found olive, it seemed a lot better. There was a lot more that was covered, and it was a lot more affordable. I put in a quote just to see what would happen. And somebody called me and gave me more information. Shortly after that, I followed up and I was ready to do it. It was very easy. It only took a couple of minutes. I was happy with the customer service that I received when I was signing up. I have referred olive over to my family. So, I sent my family information on it just because of how good it was.

olive response

Hello Tabitha. Thank you for referring olive to your family. We appreciate you! Happy to see you gave olive 5 stars after having a good experience with getting your policy. There is no need to make any part of getting coverage for your vehicle hard or time consuming. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The price was reasonable and Olive didn't have a waiting period. I wrote down the girl's name that helped me the first time I called, which was a few months ago. And when I finally decided to get their plan, I asked for her but she wasn't on duty that day. Olive was very nice and assured me that she would get that credit for my sale.

olive response

Hello Deb, thank you for the five stars and review. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

The ease of signing up helped my decision to go forward. No hassles as was the case with other agencies vying for your business. Though I haven't had to use it yet, I felt confident in reading all the positive reviews that my experience will be the same.

olive response

Hi Karen. Thanks for the five stars and your review. olive is transparent and aims for the sign up process to easy and user friendly for our customers. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

I have been called daily for last 2 months about car warranties on every phone I own. So I was a little gun shy going on internet for a extended warranty. Olive met all stated and Reviews business mission statements and Consumer Affairs indorsed them, gave me an assurance they were legit.

olive response

Thanks for your review and five stars Richard! We appreciate you sharing the difference you noticed with how olive works. No robocalls here. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Leticia was patient, kind, knowledgeable and caring about my experience with your company. She went above and beyond to meet my needs. I a complicated issue and was very frustrated. She de-escalated my frustration and walked me through the entire process and went and got assistance to get my issue resolved. She called me back with all the details. YOU HAVE A GREAT ASSOCIATE WITH LETICIA

olive response

Thank you Annette for the kind words regarding our associate Leticia. We have passed this on to her and her leaders. We think she is pretty great too!

Happy Holidays. The olive team!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I used Olive repair car warranty. It was so easy to do. I found the VIN # on my car registration. And all I had to do to get the car miles was turn on the engine. After I signed up a representative from Olive gave me a call to find out if I had any questions. She was so helpful. I appreciate the call.

olive response

Thank you, Joyce, for taking the time to leave this FIVE-STAR review and share your experience with us. Welcome to the olive family!

Cheers

olive

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

The policy purchase was primarily handled online and everything went fine. It was very simple and easy. They sent the disclosures describing everything and they had three very clear levels of coverage - kind of a basic, a powertrain, and then powertrain-plus, and then the full one. That was good and a full monthly fee was broken down. It was very clear and concise. To this point, they've done everything that they've said they were going to do.

olive response

Hello Kevin, thanks for sharing your experience and the five stars. We try to be as transparent as possible! Nothing to hide. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I entered everything asked for in the email and/or website. Nonetheless, I had to repeat everything to a Sales Advocate. Why bother with obtaining information on Website, if you are going to be asking for it again?

olive response

Thank you for the Five-Stars, Ernesto. We offer complete online sign-up, with a Sales Advocate available, if needed. We are sorry for repeated information, just want to be certain we bring you the peace of mind coverage option, best suited to you. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I spoke to Olive's representative because I wanted to understand how this whole process works, how long it provides the insurance coverage, and how many miles are required, before making a decision. The person that I talked to was able to explain what this process is, how it works, and what is covered as well as what is not. I asked if it also covers the services, but I was told that they do not cover services. For example, every 10,000 miles we have to get the car serviced. When I take it to a dealer, the dealer charges almost $800 for a service. They used to offer packages until 90,000 to service, but it's charging almost $1,100 now for that whole package.

Other than that, olive has met my expectations from a premium perspective. But the main test of finding about a company is when something happens. Their customer support closes early but besides that, I have no complaints. I would also tell a friend that the ease of use is amazing. Signing up with them was so quick and everything was smooth.

olive response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Manish. We pride ourselves in transparency and am so happy we have met expectations. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I like how this company is an alternative to the standard warranty contracts out there. Our Nissan dealership tried to sell us contract for over 3K on a 2018 Leaf. Likely won’t need to use it but like the peace of mind for a lot less.

olive response

Hello Gary, thanks for the five stars and review. We appreciate you recognizing how different olive is for customers and in a great way!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I never felt pressured or rushed when talking to a rep.. All of my questions were answered and I had time to do my own research on Olive and found great reviews. It's great to have the peace of mind that a major mechanical failure won't break the bank. Makes driving my car that much more enjoyable.

olive response

Hi Timothy, thanks for the five stars and your review. We are so glad to hear you have peace of mind now that you have olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family. Happy Holidays!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

After receiving numerous emails and shopping for a policy, I signed up with Olive. I really like what you offered and thought it would be smart to get a warranty for my 2014 Volkswagen CC. Unfortunately, the day my policy became effective, my water pump went out and my car overheated. I am aware that it would look dubious or coincidental, I was equally surprised. But your adjustor, Kyle, was clearly not going to ever approve my claim, no matter what he was told. As my car overheated, I pulled into Discount Tires (a very trusted place where I bring my car for oil changes, and tires). They diagnosed my problem to be the water pump. The shop made a claim, and I am told Kyle was rude to the service people who contacted Olive.

When I contacted Kyle, he asked me questions with a clear air of suspicion. I even joked with him saying "if I would have tried to pull a scam, why would I choose a $500 deductible?” You can listen to the recorded calls I am sure. He thanked me for my time and told me he asked the mechanic to send some pictures and videos. After viewing the video and pics, Kyle told my mechanic that my car must have had an issue before it was brought in because he saw antifreeze dripping and on the engine. Duh! The car was overheating and had a severe leak due to a malfunctioning water pump. Of course, the engine would look a mess. He told the mechanic he was denying the claim.

My mechanic explained that the car was recently in for an oil change and there was no history of an issue. Kyle remained adamant – he was denying the claim. The mechanic asked if Kyle would contact me to tell me the news and he said, "No, you can tell him." Wow! I still have not received a declination from Olive or Kyle. I am still considering legal action, as your policy states very clearly, the policy is effective on the very first day. The customer service was less than impressive and caused me great consternation. I wonder how often your customers, who have the unfortunate experience of needing your insurance on their very first day, are treated so poorly?

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear about your water pump issue, never fun when your car has a mechanical break down while you are on the road. We will be reaching out to the claims team for further clarification and promise to get back with you in 24 hours or less. The olive team!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

The set-up process was really easy, and the description for the plan options was good. It was broken down so you could figure out what option will be the best for you based on what was covered.

olive response

A plan and budget to fit your needs, Crys, what a great deal! Thank you for your FIVE-STAR review and welcome to the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I was pleased with everything I saw when I went on the Olive website. When I signed up with them online, it was easy.

olive response

Hello Rosealyn, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience with us. Happy to hear you think getting a policy is easy and that you are pleased. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I got Olive for my wife's car. Her Mercedes went out of warranty and I read some of the reviews Olive had from their customers. They seemed to be very positive, and we went through the process based the customers' responses.

olive response

Hello John, thank you for your review and four stars. We understand and appreciate you wanting to research olive before you obtained a policy. Glad you found that customers are happy with their coverage and now you are a customer too. Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Olive had a special going on where you pay the first month, and the next month is free, but I feel now I could have gotten a little cheaper price. Other than that, customer service was very good.

olive response

Hello Eric, thanks for your review and 4 stars. I see you did received the promotional credit back on 9/17/21. If there is further concern about your policy please feel free to give our Customer Service a call at 866-654-8348. We want to make sure you are happy and have peace of mind with olive. Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Olive's customer service was really good. They provided the information I needed upfront, and everything was clear. They also followed up with me because I talked to them back in August and they kept sending reminders. My factory warranty was coming towards the end, so I made a decision to go ahead and cover the car. I got an email from them prior to my final decision, telling me that if I signed up within a certain month, I would get one month free of charges. But then, there was a note on the bottom that said it excludes California, and I live in California. Initially, they made it sound like it covers California, but then I had to tell the rep, "Hey, were you going to give this to me because I live in California?" He said, "Well, I have to talk to the manager," and it seems like they made an exception for me to sign up.

olive response

Hello Arshad, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience. We apologize that you accidently received that email where your state was excluded. Glad to hear olive made that exception and got you the promotion for becoming a customer. Welcome to the olive family! Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I purchased a car for my daughter and I was trying to get her a third-party warranty. A friend of mine suggested Olive and another company, but he said he preferred Olive because the other company wanted all the money upfront for the whole year. So, I contacted them and I was communicating by email with a gentleman named Saeed. He was very helpful and he sent me all the info I needed to know. It took me a while to make sure and decide I wanted to buy this warranty but I have a friend who works for BMW who heard about Olive as well and he said that they were a good company.

Also, the car has low miles and even though we bought it from a BMW dealer, their warranty was really expensive. So that made us decide to go cheaper. We took the next middle type of policy from Olive and it's very fair and reasonable. It's a good coverage and she's happy with it. We also talked to a couple of friends about having that and we told them how much we're paying. So, Olive might get a lot of referrals from us.

olive response

Hello M., thanks for the review and five stars! We appreciate anytime we hear future customers ask around about olive and then tell us the reviews come in positive. Let us know if we can be of any future assistance. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Really simple and easy since I had all the information already from Latoya **. The only hiccup was payment processing on their end but I didn’t have wait for it to be fixed, agent called me to update me of how they was handling it and that was it. Next day I got my policy via email.

olive response

Hello Valeria, thank you for the five stars and your comment. I can see that your payment was applied. I apologize for that hiccup. If there is anything else that you need assistance with give us a call at 866-654-8348. Welcome to the olive family!

olive Company Information