4.5/5 (254 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had issues with my warranty provider when one time I called in and there was one guy who thought I was trying to cheat the company and some problem I had with the car. I switched to Olive. They gave me a good deal and their sign-up process was excellent. It was fairly easy and right away. They gave me everything the other company had. I wanted the three-year deal at a certain monthly payment and they were able to do it for me.

olive response

Robert, with 9 coverage options, we sure fit most breakdown coverage needs. So happy to hear you found your coverage plan and budget. Welcome to the olive family and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Olive is a good company. The rate is cheap for them to cover everything, except for wearable parts like brakes and tires, which nobody covers. I've never had a problem with my car so I understand why their rate is so much cheaper compared to a dealership. It worked out and the lady was super nice and helpful. So, I signed up three different vehicles.

olive response

Wow, Josh! Thank you for this Five-STAR review and for sharing your experience with us. Welcome to the olive family, we are happy to bring you peace of mind coverage on all three of your vehicles.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Olive offered me the type of plans that I needed and the representative was very courteous and knowledgeable. I had to use Olive about two weeks ago and I had no problems. When I turned the air conditioner on, the motor revved up high and when I cut the air conditioner off, the motor was still revving high, but not as high as when I had the air conditioner on. Then, when I was driving and hit a bump, I heard a low noise.

When I took the car into the dealer to get it worked on, they told me it was motor mounts and I had a couple other issues and service to keep up the service on it. So, I had a couple other things that Olive did not cover. But out of $2,400, I had to pay $900 and Olive covered the rest. I recommended Olive to another employee and she checked it out. But her car was 20 years old and it had a lot of mileage on it so she went with another company that offered her a little something better. But Olive takes care of me. I work so I can pay my bills and right now, I'm good to go.

olive response
Ronald, we are sorry to hear your car had an unexpected hiccup and so happy we could get ya rollin' again!

Welcome to the olive family and thank you for sharing us with your friends... and this AWESOME review.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I liked Olive’s pricing and looked through them online. It was easy filling out information but I don’t know if I’m signed up for Olive. I have not received any information.

olive response
Hi Jason, I have found that your welcome packet was sent to your email in March. I did resend it to you, please check your spam folder, as well. Your policy is active and you are currently covered. You can also see this information in your olive grove, which is your personal online portal with olive.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you have any more concerns please reach back out to us.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I found some good videos about Olive. I was looking at one or two other options that were available, and Olive came out as one with better customer satisfaction. I chose to go with them for all my cars’ extended warranty. So far, so good.

olive response

Welcome to the family, Sridhar! Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave us a review.

Ctina with olive

Original review: May 26, 2022

As I have only recently acquired this service and my VW Tiguan is very trouble-free, I haven't as of yet, had to use this service. But, it is good to have the service available. My regular warranty had run out.

olive response

Jon, thank you for sharing your experience. Welcome to the olive family!

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had a good experience with them. The plans they offered were adequate. I feel good about the service.

olive response

William, we strive to bring you a peace of mind coverage and am happy to hear we met expectations. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 21, 2022

I looked at half a dozen different sources and Olive seemed to have a good deal and I talked to them. Their pricing was right and it came out well. I went bumper to bumper on my vehicle, which was what I wanted.

olive response

Leonard, we are so happy to bring you peace of mind coverage and welcome you to the family. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 17, 2022

Everything went smoothly when I signed up with Olive. The plans that were offered were good. I hope that when the time comes when I need it, they can stand behind everything that they claimed.

olive response

Hey, Keith! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and leave this awesome FIVE-STAR review. Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 16, 2022

I'm disappointed with their service. Olive scammed me. Refused to fixed my vehicle. I want a refund. No excuses. I rather deal with ASE.... Why deal with the middle man.. I would recommend Olive to anyone.... And I give Olive 5 zeros for their review....

olive response
Alan, we are sorry to hear olive could not cover your claim. In reviewing your repair reports, certain parts are not covered, such as engine plug, and pre-existing conditions are also not covered. All terms and conditions are found on your online portal, here is a link to this information :

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 12, 2022

The service representative called me and went over everything. I got the full-service package that covers everything for three years or 185,000 miles, including electrical. I pay monthly and I have a $500 deductible. I'm very happy with my experience and I have recommended my mother-in-law to set up an extended warranty on her car.

olive response

Sonja, thank you for this shining review and for sharing your experience with us, as well as your loved ones. We are glad you dug deep into your coverage and welcome you to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 11, 2022

The purchasing process was smooth. The only issue I have is I haven't received any statement showing when the next payment is due.

olive response
Hey, Jeffrey, thanks for leaving us this review and sharing your experience. You can check you payment date and find all of your supporting documents in your "olive Grove", which is your online portal to all things olive. We would be happy to help you with any questions or guiding you to your portal, if you give us a call at 888-654-8348
M-F 7-4 EST.

Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 8, 2022

The reps explained everything but while they were explaining, I was looking at a flyer Olive sent me, and I was looking at what it was saying. It turned out good. I hope I don't have to use Olive but if I do, they’re saying they’ll take care of me. It's nice to know that I have that in my back pocket to use just in case. I can't beat the price. I had a different service with my car and I was paying 100 something dollars for it a month, and this is way less. I like it because it covers just as much and maybe more. I'm retired. I'm on a fixed budget and the payment fits my budget perfectly. I'm not spending a bunch out every month. I love the service that Olive provides. I already referred my cousin. She's gonna get a new car within the month and I gave her the flyer that Olive sent me. I told her not to get anything from where they’re getting the car from and to use that. She plans on doing it so I already got Olive one new customer.

olive response

Wow! Gregory, thank you for sharing your experience with us and your family members. We are so happy to bring you the peace of mind you deserve in mechanical breakdown coverage. We welcome you and are excited to have your cousin join this great family, too.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 7, 2022

The buying process with Olive was great. The rep explained everything and the price was just right. It was a good experience.

olive response

Jennifer, thank you for this shining review. Welcome to the olive family!

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 6, 2022

The person I talked to was wonderful as well as the communication with Olive. They were very good salesmen and explained the whole thing to me. I got the drivetrain warranty and I haven’t had to call Olive yet for anything but I hope I don’t have to. Everything so far is doing good. They haven’t bugged me at all and the money is coming right out of the bank without a problem.

olive response

Thank you, Dave, for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to meet your expectations and welcome you to the olive family!

Ctina with olive

Original review: March 28, 2022

I took the car in for a service claim and Olive is not paying anything on it. The thermostat went bad in my Audi. It was discovered during inspection. I had it towed in due to that, and told the dealership to do an inspection as well. They had a dispute with Olive about the amount of hours. They wanted to bill six hours. Olive wanted to pay two. They called me, got me involved in the middle. I talked to the folks at Olive. And I said, “Okay, I see your point. It’s what your book says,” although their book is wrong. My own Chilton's manual says it’s six hours. So they went ahead and fixed the car.

The dealership talked to these people three times, and I talked to them twice. At the end of everything, it’s covered under their warranty, what is supposed to be fixed, but they said they never gave permission for the repair, which I didn’t understand. Because we had that dispute, between me and him with me agreeing to the hours, and he talked to the dealer again. And at the end, they said, “We’re not paying that. You didn’t get permission.” I said, “You know how many hours we spent on the phone with you people? What do you mean no permission?” I had to drive up to the dealership twice and was on the phone with these people with the mechanic. How was that not permission?

It doesn’t makes sense. Because the man told me on the phone, “I’ll tell them to go ahead and make the repairs since you agreed to the hours,” which I didn’t have a choice. I had to agree. That was all they would pay. I submitted the claim, and they said, "We're not paying this. You didn't get the permission." Plus, there was eight to nine people involved within that company, and that bugged me. Because I had warranties before, and I never had to get involved on any claims.

I did a little research, and there's a lot of folks who don't think too much of Olive. I don't know what they're using for hours guidelines, and I don't know how they can dictate to a mechanic how long something takes anyway. But I looked at their shop manual and it says 6.2 hours for a qualified mechanic. I got a Chilton’s manual on my car, and sure enough, it says six hours if you know what you’re doing. Because this thing is in the middle of the engine. They have to tear all these stuff out of the way. It’s not like a normal thermostat. It's actually a computer thing. And I didn’t argue the hours with them because I realized there was no sense in that. They got their own guide sheet, even though it appears to be out of date and completely wrong.

This just ended two weeks ago. I sent the claim in again with a cover letter and faxed it to Olive, asking if they would reconsider paying it. Because out of the 2,400 bucks, they only offered to pay 400 of it anyway, which I thought was bad. They talked a good game, but they didn’t play one. I'm not happy with them. I'm canceling them.

olive response

Michael, we are sorry to hear how confusing this claim has become. For future claim references, we use Alldata guidelines for labor costs.

In reviewing your account, I can see that we have been trying to contact you by phone for a reimbursement deposit on this claim. However, have not reached you. Please call us to make these arrangements as soon as possible at 1-(800)773-9980 7am-4pm PST.

We are happy to help get this resolved and answer any further questions you may have.

Ctina with olive

Original review: March 27, 2022

I contacted Olive and spoke to Dennis. He gave me the rundown of what coverage plan was best for me or which one would cover what I was concerned about, which took me a little bit of time to finally commit, but we finally pulled the trigger on it. Signing up was pretty simple. The fact that my policy started the next day was nice.

olive response
Hello Chase, thanks for the 5-star review! Happy to hear that Dennis provided all of the information for you to feel good and "pull the trigger" to get olive coverage for your vehicle. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 26, 2022

I signed up with Olive and I have enjoyed the experience. Olive has an actual person that I could email back and forth with and it made me very comfortable knowing that there was a human being that I could talk to. They gave me an offer that I could afford. The monthly price was reasonable.

olive response
Hello Hope, thanks for the five-star review. We are glad to hear how happy you were to be able to talk by email regarding the details of the coverage that you wanted. We try to be flexible for our customers with the ways communication can occur here at olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 25, 2022

I was doing a search on the internet on a bunch of different warranty companies and Olive came up number one. I spoke with a representative and I finished signing up by doing it online myself. Their customer rep was very knowledgeable and friendly. As far as getting set up online, it was very easy to find what you needed to fit what you needed. There were three different types of policies that I could go with.

olive response
Hello Melven, thank you for the 5-star review. We are so glad to hear that getting your coverage online went well for you. We recognize that there are other choices and we appreciate that after looking around you decided to come to olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 24, 2022

My experience with Olive has been favorable. The only problem that I had was they kind of bait-and-switched me. They quoted me one price, and they ended up settling on one that was substantially higher. I told them that I had 120,000 in my car. Then when I actually did the warranty, I had 124,000 miles. They said because I had more miles on it than what I said, the price would go up, which doesn’t make any sense to me. It seemed to me that the price would go down, but they said that the price had to go up.

Hi David,

We will take a look at this for you. There are a number of factors that determine a premium, just like any other insurance. i.e. miles, year, make and model. Let us review your policy and we will get back with you directly on the matter. We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

The olive Team!

Original review: March 23, 2022

The rep was very good, and the package I signed up for is a good one. That's why I bought it. Having coverage brought me a lot of peace of mind, and it's worth whatever I paid for it. If my car breaks down and the motor falls out and they fix it, then that would be the value of having it.

olive response
Hello William, thanks for the 5-star review. We are so happy to hear you have peace of mind with olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 22, 2022

Olive doesn't make you wait too long if you have a problem. I got a card to put in my wallet in the mail and everything's fine so far.

olive response
Hello Erle, thanks for the five-star review. Happy to hear you are pleased with the speed olive works. No time to waste to get great coverage for our customers! Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 21, 2022

The salesman was very helpful and answered all my questions. The price was excellent. Olive could send a hard copy that people could put in a file so they would know for sure what is covered what is not.

olive response
Hello Ernest, thanks for the five-star review. olive is a green company and provides all documents by email unless requested. Let us know if you did not receive the documents in your email or if you would like a paper copy mailed to you. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 20, 2022

The dealership I purchased the car from didn't cover everything that I wanted to be covered on it like the air conditioner and other electronics and Olive does.

olive response
Hi Brian, thanks for the 5-star review! We are glad to hear after shopping around you obtained your vehicle coverage from olive. Hoping you have peace of mind now that we have you covered. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 19, 2022

When I signed up with olive, all the questions that I needed answered were answered by the person I worked with. She told me about the different packages and I went with the $200 deductible. My experience was awesome.

olive response

Hello Gary, thank you for the five stars and your review! We appreciate you sharing that your experience getting coverage with olive went well. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 18, 2022

My experience signing up was good. The guy explained it to me and it seemed pretty low pressure compared to what it could have been so that gave me a good feeling.

olive response
Hello Karl, thanks for your 5-star review! Happy to hear you did not feel any pressure to sign up for coverage. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori from olive

Original review: March 17, 2022

The representative who helped me get the policy was good. He was very clear in telling me what the right plan should be. I had some deductible to lower down the monthly cost. So in case there is a breakage, it's okay to pay a $500 deductible. I just got the policy, and some of the things I liked were the flexible payments option and monthly payments. The coverage was good as well. They were detailed enough.

olive response
Hello Varun, thanks for the 5-star review. We are glad to hear that you got the help to find the plan that fits you just right. Welcome to the olive family.

Lori from olive

Original review: March 16, 2022

I wish that the description of the policy that I bought would simply say, “We cover everything except this.” But it doesn't do that. It's really complicated. My vehicle is essentially new. It's only three years old. So, the powertrain is still covered for another two years. But I thought, since Consumer Reports won't even recommend the Subaru Ascent anymore, even though we've had no trouble, it seemed to me that it made no sense to spend 1,100 bucks for another three years worth of coverage.

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for the 5 star review and welcome to the olive family! We strive to be fully transparent with our coverage options and appreciate the feedback. Please take the time to review the Terms & Conditions for your policy to see the exclusions listed. In order to protect your personal information, if you have additional questions, we are here to help. Please feel free to give our customer service team a call at (888)654-8348. We are open from 7am to 6pm PT.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I had one thing happen to my car and Olive Auto Warranty covered it no problem. It was easy, friendly, and informative. The dealership contacted them. Olive could give a multi-car discount.

olive response

Hello Aquil, thanks for your review. We are glad to have helped you get back on the road again. We want our customers to have peace of mind with our coverage. Let us know how we can turn your 3 stars into 5 stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 14, 2022

Olive Auto Warranty offered a price that I could afford and still maintain the coverage that I would need. And they did a good job of informing me of what it covered as an insurance over a warranty, and what that means. They talked about the different parts and everything that would be covered. And they also followed up and sent me a hard copy. The fact that I have it brings me a lot of confidence that should I need something, I know that I’m covered.

olive response

Hello Bernice, thanks for sharing your experience and the five stars. We are so happy to have you as a part of our olive family! Let us know if you need any further assistance. Cheers!

olive Company Information