4.5/5 (267 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The reps at Olive were awesome. The whole experience was very nice. I spent time over in foreign countries, and it's a lot different when it comes to customer experience with American companies. The only thing is I'm wondering is there a detailed list of things that Olive provides.

olive response

Hello Anthony, welcome to the olive family. You can see all that your plan provides here https://olive.com/terms-of-service/. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with signing up with olive.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Their price was excellent for the type of automobile I have. The agent was excellent. He was very informative and gave me the information I need. I like the non-pressure way that my particular agent took care of things.

olive response

Hi Christopher, thanks for the five stars and telling us about your positive non-pressure experience with olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

All was clear and fine up until I finished the checkout. There was a final page that said it was complete but there was nowhere to go after that. It basically just says "thanks" and doesn't say what to do or what to expect next. There is no prompt to create a login or ablility to view an order status anywhere. No emails came in for over an hour. It left me feeling unsure enough that I went and checked my bank account records. I saw the pending charge so I just waited. Eventually an email came in. The final page should at minimum tell you what to expect next. If a delay in the final welcome email is normal, then the system should immediately send a thank-you email as well and tell the customer the order is processing. All the reviews say how great the sign-up process is, but the few negative reviews talk about getting denied claims. I'm more worried about the claims part and this first experience is leaving me with a sinking feeling.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your review, we are always striving to do better and give our customers the best experience possible. We apologize for the delay in receiving your welcome packet. This is something that will populate automatically, however it seems there was a technical error. We have manually sent this to the email address on your account. You will also soon be receiving an email on how to set up your olive grove customer portal shortly. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service department at (888)654-8348 if you have any issues. We set a high standard for ourselves, and want to ensure your expectations are met with that. Our underwriter for claims has been in the industry for over three decades, we can assure that they are very thorough when approving or denying any claims. Please look through the terms and conditions if you feel uncertain or give us a call. Also, we are proud of our 4.7 Google reviews and A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We are here to help and to give you peace of mind coverage!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I got a good plan.

olive response

Hi Traci, thanks for the five stars. We have you covered here at olive! Welcome to the family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

When I originally signed up for the protection plan, I accidentally clicked on the wrong button and I ended up getting the lowest coverage possible but we kind of wanted the medium. I had an opportunity to deal with Jerry because our plan had already started and we have exceeded our 30 days. We couldn't change this unless we canceled the plan and we started all over again. That got taken care of and Jerry handled it very well. I was very pleased with it.

olive response

Hi Art, glad to hear you were able to get your policy coverage changes made with Jerry. We strive for great customer service and to provide peace of mind for every customer. Thanks for the five stars.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Their website was informative about what they covered and it was clear how everything worked. I got enrolled online and I spoke with somebody. They walked me through how to set up an online profile.

olive response

Hello Christopher, thanks for the five stars. We appreciate you sharing your experience with getting your policy. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Their reps were very informative when I was signing up and they answered all my questions. Also, the plans that were offered were very good. I like the fact that they offer roadside assistance on the package that I got. I’m planning on putting insurance on my second car when the warranty is over.

olive response

Hello Peter, we are pleased to hear how happy you were with the sign up process. Looking forward to providing coverage for your second vehicle as well. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

It was a good and straightforward experience with Olive. It was all online and everything went through pretty smooth.

olive response

Hello Hector, glad to hear you thought the online process went good and straightforward. Thanks for the five stars!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Everybody at Olive was very helpful.

olive response

Hello Arnold, thanks for the five stars. Glad to hear everyone you spoke with was helpful. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

About a month and a half after purchasing the vehicle, I had trouble starting it. Trying to figure out how to make a claim was a little difficult. It took me a while to figure out that I have to call and I can't do it online. I was told to find an ASE authorized repair place, which happened to be the car dealership right up the street for me, and I took it there. When I called to make the claim, the rep sounded very doubtful about me taking it to a car dealer and told me I have to go to a repair place that has aftermarket parts. I was a little disappointed there. I was not informed of that in the beginning. But it turned out that I just needed a battery, so I didn't have to make a claim.

olive response
Robert, first off, WELCOME to the olive family and we are sorry to hear of the unexpected car trouble. We are paired with Repair Pal to HELP you find a repair shop near you. However, any ASE certified mechanic is authorized for repairs with our claims process. The parts covered vary by coverages, but will ALWAYS be similar brands to what the manufactures use on your vehicle.

I hope this clears up some things for your peace of mind coverage. However, if you have further concerns, please give us a call at 888-olive-it, or reach us at olive.com chat.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

They were pretty straightforward when I initially contacted them and they gave me all the options. My only issues were that I was consistently getting called as I was working with someone and that the deductible is a bit steep.

olive response
Dvin, we apologize for the calls at inopportune times, after you inquired. We just get excited about bringing you the peace of mind coverages we offer and am so happy to have you in the olive family. As far as deductibles, we have 3 options so, if one is not settling well, give us a call! We would be happy to look at other options for your needs.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Everything went fine with Olive during the purchasing process.

olive response

Hi Tom, thanks for the five stars and letting us know the process to purchase a policy with olive went well. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

They answered all my questions and made me feel at ease. They seemed to know what they were talking about and it didn't seem like they were trying to push me to buy anything. They were trying to make sure I got what I wanted. Compare what the levels of coverage are and make sure it's exactly what you want it to be.

olive response

Hi Crista, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. Glad to hear you are pleased with olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

The reps were very patient with me and handled my questions well. When I asked questions regarding what happens if I'm out on the road and the vehicle breaks down, they were able to answer them. For the plan that I'm on, it's a fair amount that I'm being asked to pay every month.

olive response

Hello Vanessa Gomez, thank you for the five stars and sharing your experience you had. Happy to hear all of your questions were answered. Sit back and let us provide you with peace of mind now that are covered by olive!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Olive gave me what I was looking for, which was a lot further than what I had before, and it saves me money. Also, the reps were wonderful.

olive response

Hi Steve Snow, so happy to hear olive coverage is better coverage than what you have had in the past. We got you covered! We appreciate your five stars and sharing your how pleased you are with with olive. Cheers!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I would recommend Olive. My experience when I bought the policy was good.

olive response

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience with us! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Their customer service was good. But I didn’t need it because I sold the car that I got the warranty for. But they were really good to cancel it. Not too many questions were asked. They gave me the information and that was it.

olive response

Luis, thank you for sharing this review and giving us the opportunity to cover your vehicle. We hope you will consider coming back, with your new vehicle, to the olive family.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

So far, it's been good with Olive. They made me feel comfortable and explained things well when I signed up. The premium is a little bit lower and it seems like they cover about the same as others.

olive response

Welcome to the olive family, Tim, and thank you for sharing this shining review!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I signed up with them on the 19th of October. I paid the first bill and then I wanted to pay the rest off so I paid the rest off the next day. But they didn't acknowledge anything. They had told me my second payment hadn't been paid and I sent them something from my bank showing that it had already been taken out of my account. Also, I didn't get any paperwork stating what the warranty details were and what was covered in the warranty. I didn't get any response from them until I called them today. I was getting ready to call my bank and put cancellation on the two payments I made to them.

olive response
Fragial, this is an odd occurrence and we are very thankful you have shared this with us! We are sorry things did not go as expected and are happy that Keisha was able to get it sorted, quickly. As far as paperwork, as a green company, we sent your welcome packet and details via email on file. If a hard copy is needed, that you are unable to print from your end, we will make an exception and mail it to you. It may take a couple weeks to reach you.

We look forward to turning your experience around and providing you peace of mind coverage.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Signing up was easy. The reps were great.

olive response
Thank you for sharing your experience, Brian, and for olive these stars!

Cheers

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I talked to about three other companies and each person was not very friendly and kind of very forceful. But with Olive, they said I had 30 days to make a decision. It was very respectful.

olive response

Hi Donald, thank you for the five stars. We appreciate you sharing your experience. You won't be disappointed with olive. We have you covered. Welcome to the family!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I spoke to somebody over the phone and they were good. I would recommend getting Olive for your vehicle.

olive response

Hi Ryan, thanks for the five stars and the recommendation. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The rep who helped me with the application process was not overselling and he was pragmatic and good.

olive response

Don, thank you for sharing your experience and olive these stars! Welcome to the family.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I couldn't get into the provider that I originally wanted because my car was past their mileage requirement but Olive was able to cover it. Signing up with Olive was straightforward. As long as your car is not having any existing conditions, they go with it. I went to take my car for an inspection and it turns out that there are three things wrong with it. Olive is only covering two. I was talking to the mechanics for the two things that Olive is covering, they recommended for it to be replaced as an OEM but Olive only does an OE. I’m probably gonna pay the difference to replace those two parts. One of the things that Olive doesn’t cover are the struts for the suspension so I’m paying that out of pocket too. I’m still waiting on the call back to see how much I may end up paying. Hopefully, it’s not a lot. But for the most part, Olive seems pretty good.

olive response
Everest, we are very sorry for your unexpected car malfunctions! Welcome to the olive family, we will do all we can to get you rollin' onto your next adventure. It is true, some coverages do not cover everything, but our terms and conditions are available to anyone to go over, here: https://olive.com/terms-of-service/.

Thank you for choosing olive!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Their plans were very competitive and they have really great prices. I thought they were too good to be true. But I went ahead and did it anyway. Compared to others that I called, they were really good. They were also very helpful.

olive response

Hi Maria, thanks for your review. We are real with nothing to hide! We have your peace of mind covered! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

We had Olive hooked up within 10 to 15 minutes. I did all of it online, then I got a phone call. It was hassle-free and they got me covered up to 175,000 miles, which is three times the life of the car I got right now. I got a more reliable vehicle than I have in the past, but I’m always cautious when it comes to the vehicle breaking down. I would definitely recommend Olive, especially if one's factory warranty goes out. My sister-in-law went with us across country. While she drove her car, her transmission went out. She was only a couple hundreds over her factory warranty and they won’t do anything about it.

olive response

Theodore, we are sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's unexpected breakdown! We are happy to say that a costly repair wont be on you, if you experience the same. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I got Olive recommended from one of the mechanic I talk at the dealership and it was pretty smooth signing up. The rep was excellent. I'm driving a pretty nice expensive car and I don't want to deal with any surprises down the road when something goes bad. Having Olive is a peace of mind.

olive response

Welcome to the olive family, Maor! Thank you for sharing this FOUR-STAR review.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I called the repair shop and they recommended one company. When I read the reviews on them, it didn't sound too impressive. There's a whole selection of companies online and Olive has good reviews. I put my information in to see what kind of price it would be then a lady contacted me with an email and we got in touch. It sounded good and I like the monthly payments instead of one payment. I also like that it started right away and there are a lot of good features that the other companies didn't seem to offer. Hopefully, I never have to use it, but I feel better having it.

olive response

James, we are so happy to hear you dug into your coverage options and became part of the olive family! Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words and these stars.

Enjoy the olive difference!

Cheers

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Olive has better rate for the same service and coverage than the other companies. The reps were very professional and made the process easy. I have already recommended them to several people that I know.

olive response
Thank you, Antonio, for this FIVE-STAR review and for sharing olive with your friends and family.

Have a beautiful day.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

My experience purchasing the plan was amazing. I called and the guy I happened to talk to was friendly and open. He explained everything to me and how it worked. When he told me how expensive it was, I thought, “How can I say no?” It seems to cover everything that I was worried about and that's what got me interested. I'm perfectly satisfied so far.

olive response

George, thank you for taking the time to dig deep into your coverage and leave this AWESOME review!

Have a wonderful day and welcome to the family.

olive Company Information