4.5/5 (346 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: March 8, 2022

Having coverage is pretty valuable in case I need to use it. I started my purchase online then Olive called me back, and my signing up experience was fine. I would tell friends to check out the other companies and then call Olive and see what happens.

olive response

Daniel, that is excellent advice to give your friends! We are happy you have joined the olive family and look forward to bringing you the peace of mind coverage you expect.

Ctina with olive

Original review: March 8, 2022

Customer service was great and super helpful. The rep gave me links to look at all my options and stuff on monthly plans and got it figured out. Everything was pretty much perfect and I was satisfied. When considering an extended coverage, be aware of what it would cover, like drivetrain, electrical, and anything that has to do with your engine. Look at the deductible too.

olive response

Hello Ayden, thank you for the five stars and review. It is important when shopping for mechanical breakdown coverage that you explore all options of the plans to suit your needs. Glad to hear you recognized that and made the right selections for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 7, 2022

Olive looks simple on the website and that was also the only one that was near me in California. I first called and speak with them about cases of an event happening. They just told me about it. I went ahead and did the enrollment online. It was great. When I had a claim, I took the car to a certified repair facility. The service advisor handled things with Olive and I was not involved with anything.

olive response

Hello Marco, thank you for the five stars and sharing your experience with olive. Glad to hear everything was taken care of for you regarding your claim. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Olive showed the best thing for repairs for my vehicle and when I signed up, their rep was very knowledgeable. She gave me all the knowledge I needed and helped me along the way. They need more of the other lady that helped me. When I called olive, she made me feel so comfortable, I was okay with the cost.

olive response

Hello Venuto, thanks for sharing your positive experience with olive. We are glad to hear you are happy with the customer service you received. Thanks for the five stars! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 5, 2022

olive's reps let me know what to expect, what was covered, and what wasn't covered. But even when you go through a mechanic, you still don't know what's covered. I had done an oil change then I ended up coming home with an oil leak, so I took my car in to have that addressed. It turned out that it was due to the oil cooler seal, the housing of the oil filters, and the solenoid seal. After that, I had to take it back and it was a turbo coolant line that I had problems with. That did not get covered and I ended up having to pay for that.

olive response

Hey Diana, thanks for the Five-Star review. We appreciate you pairing with the olive family and hope for smoother adventures to come.

olive

Original review: March 4, 2022

I live in California and olive covers California. The payment options they had were very reasonable and their customer service was excellent.

olive response

Hello Gail, thanks for the five stars and your review. We are glad to hear you are happy with the customer service provided to you and the payment options. Welcome to the olive family! Lori from olive

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

My experience with them went well. But I haven't gotten any paperwork showing that I've received anything yet. I also hope they could lower the price a little bit.

olive response

Hello Gary. Thanks for the five stars and your comment. olive is a green company and therefore all documents are emailed to you. You should be receiving a card in the mail with your policy information on it. Have you received the email with the documents in it? Check your spam as well. Please give us a call at 866-654-8348 to further assist you with a better payment that works for you. I apologize that the payment does not fit for your needs. Welcome to the olive family! olive

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

So many of those auto warranty places are so salesy and pushy. But Olive wasn't like that at all. Everything was done online and you can see everything. It was an easy, laid back process. They asked me which plan I wanted, and then I just clicked on it. They didn't require a deposit. Also, the price was pretty reasonable. But I canceled it because I traded in that truck. They refunded the money that I had paid right away.

olive response
Hey, Kevin, thanks for taking the time to go through our hassle-free online process and leaving this AWE-mazing review.

We are excited you have joined the olive family!

-Ctina

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The gentleman sold me on Olive but with the experience that I'm going through right now, I'm not too happy with it. They were supposed to look at my sunroof and when I called to get the status on the claim, the guy told me that it was not going to be covered. He told me it was because my suspension was modified. I asked what it had to do with my sunroof. He asked if I wanted my sunroof fixed and I said yes. He said that the inspector that went out there inspected the sunroof but there's nothing on note. It's just saying on my suspension. I said that I knew my suspension wasn't going to get covered. But at least, I should get my sunroof covered because I'm paying $265 a month on this. I'm waiting for Olive to call me and I'm getting ready to cancel it.

Hello Amado,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience. Unfortunately modified vehicles are considered ineligible for coverage. We see you have spoke with one of our account specialists and issued a full refund to you as we are unable to cover your vehicle.

Sincerely,

Olive

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

My husband picked out Olive, so I got what he wanted. Making the purchase only took four minutes, and they explained the coverage clearly.

olive response

Hi Stacey, glad to hear olive was your husband's choice. Hoping soon we can prove to be yours as well. Thanks for the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I enrolled a couple weeks ago. The reps were very courteous, extremely informative and Olive had a variety package that was way more competitive than others. I've received the electronic nomenclature, and they spelled it out clearly. I'd say to friends, "Give them a call. See what they say. Hear them out."

olive response

Hello Gregory, wow thanks so much for your review and five stars. We really appreciate you sharing your experience here. We strive to be competitive and to provide peace of mind for our customers. Welcome to the olive family! Lori from olive

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

The customer service reps were responsive for both in the email and the phone call. And follow-ups, they promised and delivered on their follow-up times. The response time was very appreciated. Take a look at what is covered. Some of the warranties may not cover the electricals and all the modern equipment that come with the car, and paying attention to those details will be really helpful.

olive response

Hello Balu, thanks for your review and five stars. We appreciate you taking note to the variances of each plan carefully before making your decision on which policy to buy. We hope you now have peace of mind with olive and welcome to the family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I dealt with a person named Saeed. I did an online quote request, and he contacted me. During our conversation, I had several questions and what he did is he emailed me. For example, he emailed me a sample contract so that I could review it and then a few other links. He did that within five minutes after our phone call, then from there, I kept in touch with him because he was so responsive. He responded to my emails almost instantly, and every time I called, he answered.

olive response

Hello Amanda, wow you sure know how to make a person feel good and I can't wait to share your review with Sayed! We appreciate your kind words explaining how he provided peace of mind to all of your questions and quickly. Thanks for the five stars and welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I looked up different companies that were credible in being a bumper-to-bumper warranty offering company through ConsumerAffairs. I found Olive and had great experience with them. I'm glad that company's around in order to offer bumper-to-bumper coverage on warranties. The lady that I had on the phone was great. She took her time and did the full explanation of what would be covered and where I would need to go in order to have my repairs done. There is a local place and it's only 15 minutes away. I also understand that there is a deductible in order for me to have stuff done, but this is my peace of mind to where I don't lose my vehicle that hauls myself, my children and my fiancé around. People need to make sure that their deductible isn't gonna be through the roof and that it is a local shop or close to them where they're not gonna have to drive for hours in order to have their vehicle fixed.

olive response

Hi Lydia, you have got the right idea with choosing the deductible that works for you and to locate a shop near home for the just in case moments. Thanks for the five stars and your review. We are glad to be able to provide peace of mind for you and your family. Welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I had a pretty smooth experience. The guy that I was dealing with was upfront, gave me all the information, and I thought about it. A few weeks later, I decided to buy it.

olive response

Hello Ofer, thanks for your review and 5 stars. We are glad to hear obtaining your policy with olive went well. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Everything went smoothly with the purchase process, and customer service was fine.

olive response

Hello Jason, thanks for the review and four stars. Glad to hear everything went smooth. Welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

The purchase process went good. The person I spoke to gave me the details, and Olive was awesome. It was better than the other ones that I called. The car was fully covered with the policy, and that’s what I chose. The price was comparable to all the other ones, but Olive offered a bit more.

olive response

Hello William, so glad to hear you got the coverage and at the price you wanted with olive! We thrive to stand alone and above to be the best for our customers. Thanks for the five stars and welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Purchasing the warranty was very easy. I went initially online, but I was having problems with the internet. A rep called me to follow up on it, and he was very good.

olive response

Hello Gail, glad to hear obtaining your policy went easy and there was follow-up when you had internet difficulties. Thanks for taking the time to give olive five stars and your review. Cheers! Lori from olive

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

The service I got from Olive was initially not really good. Two days later, I got a phone call from a lady and she again tried to convince me to go with the insurance. We started talking and I found out her incredibly knowledgeable. She introduced all three plans to me. I decided on a plan which covers all mechanics and electronics. When I made a decision, she said, "Outstanding choice because with the European cars produced in Germany or in England sometimes the electronics are the most expensive to repair." This lady completely erased the unpleasant feeling in my mind about Olive.

I gave her my payment methods. The only thing is I still have not set how I should pay the second payment. I did not get the option. She didn't introduce me to the option automatic payment from my Platinum Am Express, which is really the option I want to choose. I need to somehow pay the second payment now. I'm waiting for Olive to send me something. They sent me last week some summary sheet and attached to that was a packet card with information. But my grandson tore that apart. That was not really plastic but a kind of laminated something.

olive response

Hey Jacek, this is Ctina with olive. Just wanted to thank you for your honest review and welcome you to the family.

Cheers!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

It was easy to get on the website and look at the coverage. Plus, they sent it to me and I got to read it over. I can cancel at any time. The only thing is the payment is taken out of an account that I have and I would rather see the bill.

olive response

Hi Tim, thanks for the five stars and your review. We do draft the payment out of the account you choose on the same day every month. Sorry to say we do not send out any bills. You can change the date of the draft if that works out better for you. Call Customer Service at 1-800-654-8348 if you wish to make that change. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Signing up was so easy. All my questions were answered and I felt very comfortable going with them.

olive response

Hi Karen, thanks for the five stars and review. Glad to hear you thought signing up was easy and you got all of your questions answered. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Olive was easier to deal with than the other companies I looked at because I can do everything from the app as opposed to having to wait online and on the phone for somebody to answer my calls to get service. Also, when I was signing up, the reps were very educational and helpful.

olive response

Hello Michelle, thanks for the four stars and review. We are proud to say you can go from start of looking at our plans to selecting and paying for your plan all 100% online! We are really trying to shake up the industry especially by staying far away from the robocalls! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

They explained their product and were very professional. The rep who helped me with signing up was very helpful. I had to call him back a couple of times and he remembered me.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for providing your feedback and the 5 star review. We are glad our team provided you with the top notch customer service you deserve. Welcome to the olive family, cheers!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

Olive has the complete care and nobody else offered the complete care. The reps answered all my little questions. Everything was good. I got an email. They gave me a breakdown and how to file a claim and how to call the 800 number. And if something happens, try to find something that's reasonable.

olive response

Hello Devall, thanks for your review and five stars. So glad to hear everything went well with obtaining your policy with olive. Let us know if you have any further questions. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

The plan that I bought worked out the best for my vehicle because it's got a lot that goes into it. None of the other ones covered the turbocharger. So I needed one that covered that, and their premium did. They've also gotten back to me quickly every time that I've contacted them with questions about the warranty since purchasing it.

olive response

Hello Martin, thanks for the five stars and your review. We are glad to hear you found the coverage you needed for your vehicle. We thrive on great customer service and meeting all of the needs of our customers. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Olive is horrible. They started a policy for coverage on January 5th. The vehicle that was under coverage, a 2018 Chevy Sonic, belongs to my wife. The car was driven on the 6th to the 11th and it was the 12th when it wouldn't start. When the dealership looked into it, they said it was internal. There were no leaks but we needed a new motor. Now Olive is denying the claim for repairs. They said the vehicle had preexisting problems but there is none. In August of 2021, the vehicle went in for service at a dealership and they serviced it. It ran fine. Olive said the car doesn't operate. I told them the car operates. 12 miles were driven then we had a mechanical breakdown.

It's a $9,000 expense. I have a $500 deductible and they said, “Keep your 500. We're denying the claim and we are not going to help you out. But we will charge you up to 100,000 miles because you got 60,000 miles. Your premium’s every month.” That's unfair. They should be disclosing that if you have pre-existing problems, you will not get the warranty and they won't take the money. It's a scam. They don't want to refund the premiums too.

olive response

Thank you, we appreciate your review, Ruben. We are sorry to hear that your claim was denied, this does happen from time to time, based on pre-existing conditions. If you would like further explanation, please reach out to our claims dept. at (800)773-9980 7am-4pm PST.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Olive is worth the money for what it costs. Also, their reps were good enough for me to go with them.

olive response

Hello Chris, thanks for the five stars and review! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Good service. Straightforward answers and pricing. I would recommend the service to others as it relates to car warranties. I’m hoping I won’t have to use but it’s good insurance just in case it’s needed.

olive response

Hello Riley, thanks for the five stars and your review! Glad to hear you were happy with the prices and getting your questions answered. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Olive has a simple signup process. I got all my paperwork with my warranty information already, so it went pretty good.

olive response

Hello Darrell, thanks for your review and four stars. Happy to hear that the sign up process was simple for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Olive was saying that they cover everything. I talked to the representative and said, “Make sure we’re covered. Because if something happens, if it ain’t covered, I’ll cancel you guys. And I’ll put a bad review on the internet for you guys.” As far as the purchase process, I did everything online. Then, they decided to give me a call. Everything was quick. They just asked me if I had any questions.

olive response

Hi Miguel, thanks for your review and four stars. We are very transparent. If you do happen to have a claim and it is with a covered part all costs will be covered after the deductible is paid for. Let us know if you have any any other questions. Welcome to the olive family!

olive Company Information