4.2/5 (151 ratings)

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Pricing

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
    • No robocalls ever
    • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
    • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
    • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Their price, quality and the ease of application are great.

olive response

Sofia, we aim to give you a hassle-free process and are so happy to hear we have met those expectations. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Have a wonderful day!

Ctina with olive.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

Their quote was affordable and it seemed to cover everything I needed. Signing up with them was great. They were very pleasant, knowledgeable and answered all my questions.

olive response

Charles, thank you for your review. We are thrilled you chose the peace of mind coverage olive offers, welcome to the family!

Ctina with olive.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Signing up with Olive was great and quick. We called them and got a quote. They provided details on what was covered. I had a couple of questions. They answered them. They made sure I fully understood my policy and that I can reach out to them in the future if I had any further questions. It was seamless when I submitted a claim. They just told me to just take it to whichever shop I wanted to and that they would pay the auto shop for the services and we would be good. I've already recommended Olive to quite a few people and they've already signed on.

olive response

We are thrilled to bring you peace of mind in the event of mechanical breakdown, Eddie! Thank you for the recommendations and for being a part of the olive family. Have a wonderful day!

Ctina with olive.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Olive was a good company. I would recommend it to a friend.

olive response

Tori, thank you for this FIVE-STAR review! Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The coverage that Olive offered on my vehicle was very good. They’ve been very communicative. It took me a while to get my policy like there wasn't a follow-up. But I sent them an email, yesterday, asking where the policy was, and they immediately sent it over this morning. They were Johnny-on-the-spot. I blame COVID for everything because they're probably working remotely. But they were quick about answering any questions.

olive response

Hello, Karol, thank you for this honest review and taking the time to leave it. You are correct, we do work remotely and are a green company, so everything is electronic delivery. We sure appreciate you joining the olive family and welcome you, to the peace of mind your coverage brings.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I had Olive before and I just let it lapse. I couldn't afford it at the time, and I finally got in the position where I can get it back. When I had it before, it was really good service and they were very efficient. Out of all the companies, Olive was the only one that would accept my car. I used to drive share rides, Lyft and Uber, and a lot of places did not want to cover my car. Olive's reps were upbeat, friendly, and professional.

olive response
    Hello Craig, thanks for your five stars and sharing your experience. We currently do not cover any drive share ride, Lyft, Uber, etc. use of vehicles, as it is commercial use. We are so happy to have you back with the olive family!
    Cheers,

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The deductible was 500. But I'm okay with that because the repairs were up in the $2,000 range. The check engine light was on, and they found some other issues with it. They fixed it. I'm very satisfied. I've recommended Olive Auto Warranty to a couple of friends. It's the best thing I've ever done.

olive response
    Hello Roy, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience with us. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have yet to utilize the policy but it was a good experience signing up with Olive.

olive response

William, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so happy you have joined the olive family!

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Somebody called me and I filled up a form for Olive. The coverage is good. I've been with them for three months and everything is fine.

olive response

Thank you, Iraj, for taking the time to share your experience. Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The company that I was with merged with Olive. According to Nevada law, you’re supposed to be given a 30-day notice before the company merges. I never got that 30-day notice even though they said they sent it to me. Things really went south when I went to Olive. They charged more money. If I had been given 30 days by the previous company, I would have had the car inspected to see if there was anything wrong with it. That was my complaint. Olive said to take the issue up with the previous company but they’re gone. Other than Olive's coverage is not as good, it was fine.

olive response
    Gary, I apologize for the inconveniences during the previous company transition. We can not speak to any communications (or possible lack of) by the aforementioned carrier, as we do not have that knowledge. However, we can speak to rates set by law commission, as with all insurance coverage providers. This means we can not change the rates as that is out of our hands. We merely provide the best rates possible, best coverage possible, and options for your needs.
    Thank you for bearing with us through this transition. If you feel the coverage you have is not adequate and the parts you specifically need to cover are not, please call us at 866-279-9917 M-F 7-4 PST, to discuss the options we can provide to cover your needs.

We want to help you have peace of mind in the event of a mechanical breakdown.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we sure appreciate you. Welcome to the olive family!

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I researched a couple of warranties and Olive beat out a couple of them. I like their customer service. The coverage I picked was in the middle. I have recommended a couple of people to this auto insurance.

olive response

Veronica, we sure appreciate you taking the time to leave this review and are so happy you chose to join the olive family!

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I chose Olive because it was one that had monthly premiums like a regular auto insurance policy would have rather than an all upfront like when you buy a car. The thing, however, is they are horrible when it comes to claims service. The entire claims process is very difficult. In the policy, there are excluded parts they don't cover. But there's a clause in there that they cover collateral damage to parts that are covered. I did a claim when the alternator started overcharging the two batteries in my trucks that were only two months old. The alternator went out and fried the batteries.

Olive replaced the alternator but they would not replace the batteries that the alternator fried because they don't cover batteries. The battery warranty wouldn't cover the batteries because the batteries were fried due to the alternator going, not because of a manufacturer defect of the batteries. The claims department at Olive is horrendous.

I also did a claim when the turbo went out in my old truck. It was a major issue. The shop told Olive that my truck really should’ve had a new engine in it because what caused the turbo to fail ended up being an issue that caused oil to sludge. It plugged the turbos so the turbo failed. When the turbo failed, it threw oil through the intake and the exhaust. Olive said they didn't cover the exhaust system. The dealer said it was collateral damage. At that time, Olive covered the turbo and the collateral damage. The dealer said the truck should get a new engine but Olive was not willing to work that far. One oil change later, it loosened sludge somewhere else within the engine from whatever caused it to sludge up and it plugged the oil pump. It was a catastrophic engine failure and the crankshaft broke. The Olive claims department said they were not fixing it. That diesel engine only had 138,000 miles on it.

On the whole, we got a little bit of help from Olive but I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. I had a policy on my wife’s Yukon XL too. They denied the claim on her transmission solely because I messed up and authorized the transmission shop. They said, “You can take it to the shop of your choice,” which I did. But apparently, I didn't get their authorization for a repair before I told the shop to do the rebuild. They would have wanted to have the shop take the transmission out instead of the transmission shop rebuilding the transmission, sending the transmission off, and installing a factory rebuilt transmission in it. It would cost less to put a factory rebuild.

olive response
    Wow, Korey! We are so sorry that you had such things happen with your vehicle! Unfortunately, we do NOT cover consumable parts such as tires, headlamps, spark plugs, batteries, etc. All covered parts are listed, per coverage options. Some coverages cover more parts and electrical components. If a covered part malfunctions and damages another uncovered part, that is covered... but not consumables.
    Parts, pricing, labor costs, and the such are regulated by an insurance and claims commission. Those guidelines are not in our hands.

Please see our full list of terms and conditions here: https://olive.com/terms-of-service/

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I have a luxury car that has all the bells and whistles so I wanted to try to find one that covered as much as possible. Olive carried a range of things for the price that looks better than most other companies. I love their amount of coverage. They take care of more of the other things like the heated seats.

olive response

You are correct, Ivan, with many coverage options, we are sure to bring you peace of mind for any mechanical breakdowns! Thanks for joining the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Olive is a good company. I have two policies with them. They provide great service. They are direct. They're nationwide. You can go to any repair shop. They have good communication with the repair shop. The hours are good. When I called, they gave me clear instructions about my plans, what's covered and what's not covered. I got the platinum one which would cover everything. There was an issue with my credit card but it got resolved.

olive response

Biko, we are so grateful to have you in the olive family and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of us!

Have a wonderful day,

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Their website logged out several times. It didn't really save my quote even though the email was sent to me saying that, “Oh, you can finish your quote.” When I click on it, it said there was an error and had to be redone again. But besides that, after a couple of times, it was okay. My rep was good at breaking down the three plans that Olive Had. She told me that the Tesla required the Complete Care in order to be able to cover everything, especially for electricals.

olive response

We apologize for the technical error, Quang. I do see that your policy is started and your Tesla is covered. Thank you for alerting us to a possible system error and for leaving this review. Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Olive was really helpful. I spoke to a man and he was super helpful. He walked me through it over the phone for the website as well. I would tell others to go with Olive. It's affordable. It makes me feel better, personally.

olive response
    Hello Jodee, thanks for the four stars and your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The gentleman from Olive helped me out very much. He explained everything. He gave me the whole scenario, all the packages, and told me most customers choose this one or choose that one. After I checked and looked through it, I said, “You know what? Give me 24 hours. Let me talk to my husband.” He said, “Go, I’ll call you back the next day.” I talked to my husband. He was happy with the choices too. So, I called them back the next day, and we signed up. The gentleman was very polite and very nice, informative, and answered all my questions. I was very pleased with him.

olive response
    Hello Barbara, thanks for sharing your experience and the five stars. We really appreciate you taking the time to go thru the process you had with getting olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

It seemed like I was getting the best deal with Olive. I loved the process. I liked that I can pay yearly. I didn't have to give one big lump sum all at once. I would recommend Olive.

olive response
    Hello Michael, thanks for your review and the five stars. We love hearing how pleased our customers are with our services and options. We aim to please. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

The first person who helped me was by internet. The second one was on the phone. Both times were easy.

olive response
    Hello Jonathan, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience. Glad to hear everything went well. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Signing up was easy. It was all good. The agent was great. We were pleased with the information and everything was handled well.

olive response
    Hello Lisa & Jim, thanks for the 5 stars and the review. If we can be of any more service to you, let us know. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Olive Auto Warranty gave me what I asked for. The graphics are good. The policy looks good. But I would only tell a friend I have this coverage through Olive now.

olive response
    Hello Lawrence, thanks for taking the time to send a review. We appreciate your response. Welcome to the olive family! Cheers!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Olive was much more cost-efficient. I talked to one of their sales reps and they were very good and helpful. I asked them what the warranty covered and they went over the whole thing. The purchasing process was handled well and fairly quickly. They took my information and I got the card in the mail not too long after that.

olive response
    Hello Jeremy, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience with us! We are so glad to hear everything went well with getting coverage with olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Olive has reasonable pricing and broad coverage. Also, their customer service has been pretty good. As of right now, I'm pretty happy.

olive response

Hello Dat, thanks for your five stars. We are glad to hear you are happy with your olive coverage and prices. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

My sister has Olive and I needed a warranty, which was why I got one. The rep who helped me sign up was nice.

olive response
    Hello Brittany, thanks for the five stars. Glad to hear you and your sister now have olive coverage. We welcome your family to the olive family.

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The signup was pretty easy. They told me what I can get and what I had to pay. I had three options and I did what I could afford. Also, the reps were nice. They made sure I got what I wanted.

olive response
    Hello Kimberly, thanks for the five stars and your review. Happy to hear the process to obtain your coverage went so well for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

When I signed up with Olive, I just clicked on the link. Then, I went through my quote and I was able to pick the policy that I wanted. Everything was seamless and easy.

olive response
    Hello Taliah, thanks for the five stars. Happy to hear everything was seamless and easy with getting olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Olive’s reps were very helpful. I've been looking for coverage and I had been in email communication with them for a couple of months. Then, I decided to take a plunge. The three options were nice and fair. Also, the reviews were good as well as the Better Business Bureau accreditation. I signed up a month ago and at this point, I’ve been paying. But I haven't hit the 100,000 miles I needed to make sure I had coverage.

olive response
    Hi Jonathan, thanks for taking the plunge with olive coverage. We appreciate your five stars as well. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

My coverage effective date was to start 10/04/2021. I used OLIVE's network and branch REPAIR PAL, and brought my car to Hillmuth Certified Automotive for repair. I called them on 10/25/21 to ensure I did everything correctly just to be notified that they were not going to pay my bill because my coverage had not started. I have VEHICLE SERVICE PLAN DECLARATION PAGE that says otherwise from olive. My total for repairs were 7,346.78. Fuel injectors for my Mercedes glk350 2013 were $4773 and $2573 for labor.

Firstly the mechanic had these parts crafted by NASA to be this expensive. I was not notified of this. I could have found some for thousands less and still be new. Secondly my wife took ill so coming up with $7,346 was extremely difficult. A few months passed and they put a mechanic's lien on it. I had $6,213 saved for my goal of $7,346.78 and then the total went to $9,570. A few weeks later guess who buys the LIEN. The same repair facility. Throughout this process olive backed out on its word to me and refused to help in any way. I have been without a vehicle for about a year now, still paying for the car lease even though the repair facility sold my car. This is the worst experience of my life. My vehicle was legally stolen from my possession and sold leaving me to pay $20,000 for a car lease for a vehicle I don't have anymore. I have all the documents.

olive response

Rajae, thank you for your feedback. We are addressing your concerns as you have outlined. We are looking into this situation and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I got the warranty that’s right in the middle because the full warranty from Olive was not as cheap. It's almost double the price of what I pay for another full one. I called when I first got the car and then after two months. Three months after was when I got the warranty and the price was so different that I got to the point where I needed to sign up or next month, they were going to charge me $100 for it, what was not fair. It’s not that I’m adding up a lot of miles. It’s just 1,000 miles per month, which is what usually people calculate. As soon as you got the price, if you drive the car for a little bit, the price is already different. So I do not agree with that. I spoke to a person on the phone and I asked how they increased it $30 over 2,000 miles. If the car has 82,000 miles, 2,000 miles is nothing, but it went over 50% of the price. The rep said she followed what the system gave to her. That was crazy.

At least this year, I have the transmission, engine and all those things covered. But I don't have cameras. My car is full of technology. But one was $40 and the other was $76. They were almost charging me a full new warranty just for the technology pack. But the purchasing process was very easy. You go online and put the VIN number for the car. It is fast but at the same time, I don't know how fair it is. Because you just to go through whatever the system gives to us. And even the person that we call just go through whatever the system shows. The person is great but the system is not.

olive response
    Carlos, our rates are set by the policy administrator, QBE. A couple factors that effect the premium are the age and mileage of your vehicle. We apologize that you could not find the coverage to fit your needs. Check back, as we are ever- expanding.

Have a great day.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

The purchasing process was pretty straightforward. I did it over the phone and the rep was really helpful and very personable.

olive response
    Hello Renee, so glad to hear getting your olive coverage was so convenient for you and that the rep was helpful. Welcome to the olive family!

olive Company Information

olive.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: