4.3/5 (145 ratings)

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Pricing

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
    • No robocalls ever
    • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
    • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
    • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I had Olive before, and the credit card had lapsed, and I didn’t renew it. So, I called them back, and it's four times the price of what I was paying before. But it's always good to have coverage. But there's a lot to be desired during the setup process. It should be a lot more streamlined. I've had warranties in the past, and anytime I needed to use them, there was always some caveat where I didn't qualify for that repair. So, I'm hoping that's not the case with Olive.

olive response

Welcome back to olive, James. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 866-268-4611 M-F, 7-4 PST, or chat with us at olive.com

Ctina with olive

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I've bought in the past two years three policies from Olive. Two times, I did it online. And one time, I did it over the phone. Every time, it was simple. Purchasing took five minutes. The only thing that's difficult is the fine print. For example, between tier one and tier three. It says things that it's covered. But when you look at the actual fine print, sometimes it can be difficult to know if a part is covered or if am I paying for too much coverage. Can I get away with a smaller amount? But the price was fair.

olive response

Blake, we sure appreciate you sharing your olive experiences with us. We are available to answer any questions you may have and happy to know you are digging deep into your coverage options. Here for you when you may need us. Happy you are a part of the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I liked that purchasing was done online. It was fast and easy. Also, customer service was helpful and thorough. It's a month-to-month contract, so if I cancel, I can reinstate it again. There's no commitment. So, I can cancel anytime.

olive response

Thank you, Asia, for this FIVE-STAR review and taking the time to share your experience with us. Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I initially spoke to somebody from Olive who was a lot of help and explained things. I signed up after that and it was very easy.

olive response

Paula, welcome to the olive family and thank you for this FIVE-Star review! Have a wonderful day.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Olive was easy to sign up for and the price was good.

olive response
    Hello Marc, thank you for taking the time to give us 5 stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori with olive

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I wanted to make sure that the majority of items were covered so I wouldn't have a serious breakdown. But the bumper-to-bumper coverage ended up cheap enough, so I took that. It was a good price. Everything was great with the whole process with Olive.

olive response
    Hello Jeff, thanks for your review and 5 stars! We appreciate you sharing what you hoped for with our coverage and that got just that. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Olive had to keep asking me about my mileage because it was low and they didn't believe me at first. But they do now. Once I was signing up, they gave me a direct line. They told me they were gonna send me a link so I can put it on my phone to make the direct connection. If anything electrical or a computer system goes wrong, it can be a lot. If it's a transmission, that's $3,000 or $4,000. For me to buy this coverage, it's very economical.

olive response
    Hello Judith, thank you for the four stars and sharing your experience. We apologize for the repeated questions about the low mileage for your vehicle. The mileage plays a huge part in your rate, and we want to make sure all of the information is correct before we give you a quote. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I had a really good experience with the rep I spoke to several months ago. I was only information gathering at the time and then I followed up with her when I was ready to purchase. Unfortunately, I got no response. The rep that I did speak to when I signed up was knowledgeable but somewhat dismissive, abrupt, and not great with customer service. For any other product or service, it may have been more of a concern but I was already calling to sign up, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Also, the coverage seems okay.

olive response

AJ, thank you for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and will look into this further.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing the olive family.

Ctina with olive.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Olive is not going to pay for the costs or the repair for what they deem to be pre-existing conditions. I've only been with them a couple of months and I’m still learning. I made one claim and I was a little disappointed. I purchased the Olive auto warranty on the same day that I took the car to the dealership. However, the dealership had my vehicle abnormally long. They had it for nine days. They hadn't even looked at my vehicle because they were backed up. I didn't know what was wrong with my car because it doesn't tell you all that. Once they were finally able to tell me what the issues were with the vehicle and I called to file a claim, Olive said that they considered it a pre-existing condition before I had the policy, even though it didn't even get looked at till Day Eight to even tell me what was wrong with it that they weren't going to honor that.

It was a little tough pill to swallow knowing that it was an abnormal situation. I totally get it if it was one of those things where on the same day that I signed up for the service, they were able to tell me for sure what was wrong with it and then they started working on it. That has nothing to do with them. But they weren't sure what was wrong with it until much later because the dealership was backed up. So it just didn't matter. They didn't cover anything. I live on the West Coast and when I signed up with Olive, I didn't realize that they were on East Coast time. So, it might be a little bit more difficult to get in contact with somebody because this is probably close to them closing. It's a different situation and it’s hard. I'm trying to give Olive a little bit of a benefit of the doubt, but it hasn't been a great experience so far.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

The reason we chose Olive was that the reviews were good. Also, they seemed very reasonable. I wanted to know what the coverage would cover and when we applied on their site, they gave us options and they showed us how much we would pay for the different sets of coverage, which is very useful when you're trying to do that. Signing up was super easy and I appreciated that they haven't really bugged me. They sent me my paperwork but they haven't sent me flyers. I don't seem to have been put on some sort of mailing list. I would recommend them.

olive response
    Hello Johanna, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate that you recommend us! Cheers! Welcome to the olive family.

Lori at olive

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The signup was very easy. I did everything through their website and it was very easy to navigate and understand. The fine print is also easy to understand, which is typically what's important in the thing.

olive response
    Hello Cesar, thanks for the review and your five stars. We are glad to hear getting your policy was so easy for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I purchased the coverage online and it was really easy. As far as I can tell, it's a good company and a good deal.

olive response
    Hi Joseph, thanks for the five stars. We appreciate your review. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I called olive due to my vehicle broke down, they gave me a list of repair shops to call and all Repair shop stated They do not work with olive due to they are hard to work with and they want the shops to put cheap parts on the Consumer Vehicle's (Faulty Parts). I Have two written statements from shops. I spoke with customer service. The manager will reach out, at this point I'm stuck with the repair bill and has been paying olive faithfully. I will like all my money back for both vehicles.

olive response
    Shawnta, we are sorry to hear of your expected breakdown and want to help you get this resolved, as quickly as possible.
    According to our terms and conditions:
    PARTS REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT
    Replacement of parts shall be made with parts of like kind and quality, which may include new, remanufactured, rebuilt, refurbished, reconditioned, or used parts. Aftermarket parts that meet original equipment
    specification may also be used. At times it may be necessary to request repair facilities to send out parts for
    refurbishing at special facilities. You may also request a betterment offer in which You may pay the difference
    between the part We authorize and the part You wish to use (Example: We will authorize a rebuilt part but You
    wish to use a new part. We will pay the amount that we would authorize towards the new part and You will pay the
    difference).
    You absolutely can get the parts you want, but we will reimburse at a equivalence of the approved parts and there will be cost to you.

As stated by Cory, there are several repair facilities that will work with us, in your area. If you need more guidance or have further questions, please feel free to reach back out to 866-682-7155 M-F 7-4 PST

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Setting up for coverage was really simple. I did it all online and it was hassle-free, which is what I liked about it.

olive response
    Hello Juvenal, thanks for the five stars and your review. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I liked the service that I was given initially. It was better and a lot less badgering than some of the other guys that keep calling me over and over. The rep I spoke with on the phone was really good. She got me through the process of purchasing and helped me rationalize what would be the best coverage. One thing though is that I'm disappointed that one of my vehicles that were supposed to be covered didn't get covered and I didn't find out about it until weeks later. They revoked it and said "Sorry. We don't cover your vehicle.” And through no fault of my own. All the information was there right up front. Now, I have to go back to the dealership and I have to pay for another inspection so that they can warranty the vehicle.

olive response
    Hello Frank, thanks for your review and letting us know about your experience. At this time the F-150 Raptor is not a vehicle that we cover. We are sorry for any confusion. A refund has been applied to your account. We are making changes all the time here at olive. Check back as your vehicle might be added down the road. Let us know if we can help in any other way.

Lori at olive

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I wanted a company that was based in California and I chose Olive. I did the service online and I called them. Their rep was okay. Except when I first called them, he was giving me many callbacks. But lately, I call them about some more information that I want to share with him and I told him to call me back. He never did.

olive response

Ikram, thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. I have reached out to your sales rep and he should be calling you. We apologize for the delay and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I'm here in California and I didn't want to deal with somebody out of state. I wanted someone local and Olive is in Walnut, California. Their rep was really diligent. I had a few trust issues and he helped me work through those. I work for a car dealership and we have a warranty company also. But I see people get screwed sometimes. I had to check that stuff with the Olive rep. He made me comfortable and called me back. We called each other back three times within that one hour and got things done.

I only wanted engine and transmission coverage because the type of car I have is known for having problems here and there with the valvetrain. I haven't had any problems with the car but it feels good knowing that I have a warranty and some support. On the whole, it was a pretty good experience. I've only made one payment and the next one is coming up. It's an easy payment. It's not hard to dig up 55 bucks.

olive response
    Hello Derrick, thanks for the five stars and review. We appreciate you doing your homework about olive before getting a policy. Happy to hear you are now part of our olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Everything was really precise and on-point.

olive response
    Hello Miguel, thanks for the five stars and your review. Welcome to the olive family! Cheers!

Lori at olive

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Olive was willing to work with me. Instead of me paying for the warranty, Olive was willing to work with me to do an installment for the warranty. I have to have a lot of my information online, and I called to complete the purchase. I have filed a claim with them. The claim process was easy but when it comes to them actually paying, I was quite disappointed because they were trying to have some cheap product put on the car, but the mechanic objected to it saying that if they were to order that product to be put on that car, it’s not gonna work for that vehicle. So, they offered to send their own parts. They kind of said, “No. The parts will not work because the vehicle is a Jaguar. They have to be a Jaguar replacement part.” Because of that, I had to come out of pocket for almost $300 difference to cover the difference that Olive was not willing to cover.

olive response

Leo, we are sorry to hear of your unexpected breakdown. All parts and services are regulated as same or manufactured similar products. Anything outside of these conditions, would be an out-of-pocket expense. We are happy you are back on the road to your next adventure. If you have further questions, please reach out to us at 866-832-6602 M-F 7-4 PST

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Olive's cost wasn't that bad and they have what I need. Their customer service guy was great.

olive response

Thank you, Maria, for leaving this review. Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

I was contacted for several months by a girl from Olive, and it seemed like she knew everything. Olive didn't cover things like they said they would. I got the head-to-toe coverage. Then, they said that the problem I had was a previous problem. So, it didn’t make sense. I've called and talked to a regular customer service who had to transfer me somewhere. I never get to speak to anybody.

Hello Maria,

I see your last call to us was transferred to claims department. We would sure like to get you the answers that you are looking for and work through this unexpected event. We apologize for the call interruption, please call us back at 866-832-6602 M-F 7-4 PST, to get this resolved.

Thank you for being a part of the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

The guy I was dealing with seemed helpful and not pushy and I liked that. I already talked to a few other people but I was tired of doing the shopping. Olive had a reasonable price, so I went with them. I got the top-of-the-line policy because it was going to cover everything. They sent me the policy on my email but I've been busy and haven’t had a chance to look at it or download it. So, I'll have to do that to make sure I'm okay.

olive response

Thank you, Randy, for taking the time to share your experience. Welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I set up the coverage myself online with Olive. You can just easily scroll across them. It said what my car would qualify for and what the prices were. It was cheaper online. They had given me a quote originally that was more money. So I saved a little bit doing it myself.

olive response

Hey Tracy! Welcome to the olive family. That's weird, there should NOT be a difference in quoted quotes or online quotes. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for taking the time to leave this review.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Initially, the person did a good job setting me up. I told him that if this was anything less than what Mercedes was offering me, I didn't want it. He reassured me that the policy or that the warranty is just as good as Mercedes and probably offered some things that Mercedes does not. We thought we could use the coverage this past week because we have been paying on it for quite some time now. My husband needed a gas pump and we called Olive. My husband’s initial thought was that there could be no engine if there wasn't a gas line going to the engine to make the car start. But Olive said they didn’t cover it and it ended up costing us money. They never explained to us how come it wasn't part of the coverage.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Purchasing Olive was simple and what they said was what they did. The rep was also extremely knowledgeable. The process is nerve-racking, going to the dealership to getting everything done. But she explained that these dealerships deal with us as well, too. With the very first time that I made a claim with them, they took care of some thermostat housings. The dealership that I bought my truck from, was familiar with them. They were happy and said, "Don't worry, everything's gonna get taken care of." We're happy because we've dealt with them and we were gonna get paid. I recommended Olive to several people that have taken up the offer on them too.

olive response

We sure appreciate you, Sean! Thank you for sharing your experience and the news of our peace of mind coverage options with your friends. YOU ROCK! We are happy to keep you rollin' onto all your next adventures.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

They cover everything except for regular oil changes and all that consumable stuff. They were also really easy to talk to. The rep explained it as the closest thing I can get to a dealer warranty. Then he sent me an email that said it's 36 months or up to 185,000 miles. So, that was pretty self-explanatory.

olive response

Awesome, David, we strive to bring you a transparent and hassle-free experience! It sure warms the heart when we hear that was delivered. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and the FIVE STARS!

Welcome to the family,

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

The sales rep of Olive wasn't pushy. I had gotten a quote from some other company that was super pushy and she wasn't like that. She was patient and very informative. I wanted to see the quote and she sent me the link.

olive response

Wow, Amanda, we are so happy to hear you had a hassle-free experience. Welcome to the olive family!

Have a beautiful day,

Ctina with olive

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Signing up with Olive online was easy. Just go online, submit it, and boom, the next day, you already have a coverage. I didn’t really have to wait for anybody to get the paperwork done. I also like their coverage. It’s really more the price for what’s covered because I’m really not gonna be using it unless something really breaks down.

olive response

Katherine, you rock for granting us these FIVE STARS! Thank you and welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I liked olive's pricing. The higher deductible was a little bit scary to me, but it made me feel like it's a better deal because people would be less likely to make unwarranted claims. But when I submitted a claim, they denied everything and said that my car had pre-existing conditions, which I was not aware of. And they refused to pay any of the repairs. So, I cancelled the contract.

olive response
    Denise, maintenance records are a huge part of the claims process. These records are kept on vehicles to report any issues that need addressed or a clear and mechanically sound vehicle. That is also how pre-existing conditions(conditions happening before a policy active date) are determined. We are sorry we could not cover your claim, per our terms and conditions, pre-existing issues are not covered.

Find those details here: https://olive.com/terms-of-service/

Ctina with olive

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I had Olive for a year, but I forgot to pay for two months. I started it back up last month. The reps helped me.

olive response
    Jacques, welcome back to the olive family. We understand that life sometimes gets hectic and are happy to bring you peace of mind with your mechanical breakdown coverage.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

olive Company Information

olive.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: