4.6/5 (241 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The application process was easy. I still gotta get the printout of my warranty and see what it covers. But everything seems reasonable. They pretty well covered my transmission and most of the engines.

olive response

Hey Albert! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I will check into your account and make certain you get those documents, electronically. As we are a green company, it will come to the email on file. If you are finding it is not showing up, please reach back out to us at olive.com or 1-866-759-1194. We may need to verify your email is correct.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The price with Olive was what I was looking for. Signing up with them was really simple. It only took a few minutes. I have what I want.

olive response

Awesome FIVE-STAR review, Marimar! Thank you for sharing your satisfaction of your peace of mind coverage with us. We look forward to having you in the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I wanted to get insurance for my wife's car in case anything happened so I searched for auto warranty providers online and Olive came up. I read about it and a lady called me. She helped me right off the bat. It was fairly cheap in my range and I liked how the payments were. My wife's a stay-at-home mom, so it was perfect for me. I chose it, and I'm glad I did. I'm in the process of a claim right now. My wife was driving and something happened to her car with the kids. It was late at night and she was scared. The car's in the shop and Olive’s looking over what's going on and then they’re gonna give me a call. They are a great company and the people I've talked to have been nice and respectful and wanted the best for me. If you're looking to get an extended warranty, Olive’s the place.

olive response
We are very sorry to hear that your wife had a breakdown at such an unexpected time, Richard! Very happy we could be here to get you all rollin' onto the next family adventure. Thank you for this FIVE-STAR review and for taking the time to share this with us.

Your recommendation is even brighter than olive these stars! YOU ROCK!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I narrowed it down to Olive and Endurance. Endurance was pushy and agitated when I was conducting my research. Hard sell and close. Agent basically hung up on me because I wasn't ready to buy. They also require several hundred dollars upfront. On the other hand everyone I spoke to at Olive was relaxed and helpful. I went with them. That's all folks!

olive response

Seamus, we commend you on digging deep into your options and are pleased we were able to show you the olive difference. Welcome to the family and thank you for olive these stars!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Olive has some good feedback and they provided me with a quote that was much less than that of the dealer. The rep that I dealt with was very friendly. It was a very smooth transition. But I’ve been delaying for a while until I ended my existing coverage with my current dealership. So I didn’t activate the contract for a couple of months until I decided to go with the quote. There was no pressure. It was decent service.

olive response

Thank you for this awesome review, Akram, and olive these stars!

Welcome to the family!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The representative discussed the different options and I picked the ones that I wanted. I just signed up a week ago and so far, I'm still looking into it. My wife wants to begin into it as well.

olive response

Welcome, Milton, we are happy you have chosen the olive difference. We are here for any questions your concerns you may have.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I was very excited to find this warranty coverage for the price it was. Turns out, I got what I paid for. I sat at the mechanic shop for over 5 hours waiting on a call back from the claims department to get work done. 2 months later, I still have not received a call back. I reached out to customer service to get help, and I still have not received a resolution. I provided everything they asked for and was promised a call back within 24 hours. That never happened. I called back the next week and was told I would be called back by the end of the day, never happened. I called back 3 weeks later and was promised another call back by the CS manager Erika by the end of the day, that never happened. Complete waste of money. If my company treated customers the way I have been treated, I would not be in business.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

In case something happens that could go wrong with my car, I didn't want to have to wait 30 days, and Olive didn't have that waiting period. I signed up on Friday and the process was easy. But right now, I'm having an issue with the fact that when I signed up online, there was a pop-up and it said that if I paid the first month, the second month was on them. I called them today to inquire as to why when I looked into my account, it says that my second month is due on November 2nd. I asked them, “Shouldn't the second month be due on you guys?” But they told me no, and that I have to prove that I saw that promotion. So they're calling me a liar and I'm not enjoying that at all. So I'm not sure about them because I shouldn't have to prove that. It’s their company and their promotion. They're the ones that should honor it.

olive response
We are sorry for the confusion with our promotion. I am seeing the promotion month was applied to your account. So glad we got it sorted for you.

Thank you for being part of the olive family, Tammy!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I looked at three companies and Olive was the most reasonable one. They explained everything, the deductible, and what it would cover. What I liked most is that they've made it very clear from the beginning that there was no waiting period. With the other two that I have shopped around, I have to wait a period of time before I can actually start using the warranty. I wanted to match what I had from the dealer and so I got the bumper-to-bumper. My vehicle was already used when it was purchased and it's already above 100,000 miles. I just wanted to be on the safe side instead of paying for highly-cost repairs.

olive response

Digging deep into your coverage options, is a must, Sandra. Good job, checking out your options! We are so happy you chose the olive difference, welcome to the family!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I called a few insurance companies and some of them were very expensive. Olive offered me a better deal with 100,000 miles on the car. Also, they were very, very responsive and nice. They didn't pressure me.

olive response
The right coverage option within your budget! Super great of you to share your experience with us, Jarocho. Be sure to see the perks of navigating your account in your OLIVE GROVE, online.

Happy to have you in the family!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I called about my Mercedes that I just purchased and for bumper to bumper, it’s $31 for Olive and it's unbelievable. I was a little hesitant because the other warranty company that I called was 170, and the dealer was almost $4,000 for three years. But then I got the plan from Olive. They're a reputable company. I would recommend them because the pricing is good and there's no waiting period that the other companies have. I don't have to wait 30 days. It starts the same day.

olive response

Yes, Cheryl, we are truly shaking up breakdown coverage! Welcome to the olive family, we are so glad to have you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I had a very good experience with the rep when I signed up. I'm still waiting for the actual policy coverage.

olive response

Michael, so glad it went smooth in your sign- up process. We did resend that info to your email, today. Let us know if you don't receive it, we will verify we have the correct email.

Thank you for olive these stars!

Cheers.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The customer service was good. I wanted to see the contracts that I would be signing before I went any further and they sent it to my email. I was able to look over it all. I was happy with the way everything was handled. The waiting period is something that's usually standard so it was nice that Olive didn't have one. I got a bumper-to-bumper policy so it was more about exclusions than what was covered.

olive response

Wonderful of you to share this experience and this FIVE-STAR review with us, Jodi! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Their signing-up process wasn’t anything hard.

olive response

Hi Sara, thanks for your four stars and letting us know the signup process was not hard. We appreciate your feedback. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The rep I worked with was good and very friendly. However, they could've improved the wait times from when I signed up and made my first payment to when I received my login information. I waited quite a while that I hesitated. It was over an hour.

olive response

Hi Yarelly, thanks for the five stars! As a green company everything is sent out immediately by email. When printed copies are requested, they can take up to 3 weeks. We apologize if the time frame was not mentioned to you. We hope now that you have received the policy in the mail you are all set. If not reach back out to us. Cheers! olive

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Olive's rep was pretty helpful, and the purchase process went good. I just haven’t received a bill yet. I got with them a little over a month ago, and they sent me a big package but they haven't sent me a bill.

olive response
Hey Darrin! We are so happy you have joined the olive family! We are a green company and as such, everything is electronic. You can find your "bill" on your OLIVE GROVE. I see that it has already auto-paid for this month and you are current.
If you have problems connecting to your olive grove, please reach out to us at 1-866-759-1194, or reach back out to me, here.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience, Darrin.

olive

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Their signup process was nice and easy. So far, their customer service has been okay.

olive response

Hi Mary, thanks for your five stars. We are glad to hear our signup process was easy for you. Can I ask what we can improve on with customer service?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I contacted an auto warranty company but they don't deal with California, so they sent Olive to me. Olive called me. They did give me some plan options. I was gonna get in contact with them too, just to make sure everything is still straight. As long as everything is legit, I’ll recommend them to anybody.

olive response

Thank you, Sean, for this FIVE-STAR review. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Excellent prices. Patient agent. No waiting period. Would have preferred quicker promised emails. Otherwise, everything was good. All questions answered. Any misgivings were totally laid to rest. I recommend them so far.

olive response

Hello Beth, thanks for the five stars and letting us know about your experience. We are glad to hear you now have peace of mind with olive. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Looking online, everybody said that Olive was the best. I did everything online when I signed up. There was one thing at the end that I didn't realize in the beginning. They said that if anything happens that was a preexisting condition, even if you didn't know, they won't cover it. I didn't really appreciate that. That's the one thing that would probably cause me not to continue with them because that's unfair. If I don't know, how can you say it was preexisting? I did not see that until I already paid. If I had seen that, I probably would not have paid. I would have never gone with them. The purpose of the insurance is to cover you for things that might crop up. If you were telling me that you're not going to pay because it was preexisting, and I didn't know it was preexisting, that doesn't make sense to me.

olive response

We understand your concern, Laurel, and we recommend regular maintenance to spot any conditions, as they occur. These records also help in the claims process, should you have a mechanical breakdown. We welcome you to the olive family and are here if any other concerns arise.

Have a wonderful day.

olive

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Since purchasing Olive's coverage, there's a certain amount of confidence now that if something makes noise or if the car breaks down, I have an assurance that I won't be paying thousands of dollars for the repairs.

olive response

We are so proud to bring you that peace of mind, you are seeking, Kory. Thank you for taking the time to share this review and tell us your thoughts about olive.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The rep did a good job and explained the coverage well. My experience has been good.

olive response

Hello Richard. Thank you for your comment and five stars. Glad to hear you felt the coverage was explained well with a good experience. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I liked the idea that it's not a contract with Olive. I can stop it ad quit paying anytime I want. The other place wanted me to pay for a contract where I was stuck in it for five years. The reps at Olive also took the time to explain the coverage. I did take the 500 deductible which is about right for a car. The way it was explained to me was that it covers everything except wear and tear. They were very respectful. I asked them dumb questions, but they answered all my questions. The only complaint I had was they didn't send me the welcome package right away. I looked at my credit card and that was how I saw the charge. But when I called them, they were very polite and I had the policy within five minutes in my email. I was very happy with it. I don't know how the service actually is but it makes me feel better to know that I got something there. My major concern was to have the electronics covered because there's no way I can fix it. I just replaced a motor in my wife's truck and having the engine replaced was $7,000.

olive response

Hello Vinson. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience and for the five stars. I apologize that there was a glitz with sending out the welcome package right away. It has been fixed now. olive is very transparent. Nothing to hide. No questions unanswered. Welcome to the no contract olive family!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I was gonna look at at least two different warranty companies and while I was pending my decision, Olive was very responsive. I told the rep my primary concern was the electronics in the car and I wanted to make sure that that was covered. I told him I wanted bumper-to-bumper coverage and he said yes. I asked if he could send me a hardcopy and he did. But when I got the policy, under exclusions it says electrical. I’ve called twice and left a message for him. The follow-through is iffy. He has not responded so I called the third time and all I got for an answer is Olive has the best coverage available. That doesn't tell me why is electrical under exclusions. If electrical isn't covered, then I’m on to someone else.

olive response

Hi Rachel, it looks like you have our complete care, which does cover electrical. The exclusions to this plan would be you general wear and tear items such as oil changes. We would be happy to have one of our coverage advocates reach out to you for more in depth plan information. Otherwise please give us a call at (888)654-8348. You may also look at our comparison chart for coverage details at olive.com/coverage-plans/. Cheers, olive!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The reps at Olive were real nice when I bought my policy.

olive response

Hello Delia. Thanks for the five stars and your comment. Glad to hear you had a nice experience when purchasing olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The sales rep explained everything for me and answered all the questions. I already had told some people about Olive. Sometimes anything can happen with your car and it's always safe to have a warranty.

olive response

Hello Laday. Couldn't agree with you more! It is always a good idea to be safe now rather than sorry later. Thanks for your comment, five stars and for telling others about olive. We appreciate you! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

The rep I signed up with was very helpful. The plan I was offered got a lot of coverage and I'm happy.

olive response

Hello Loucinda, thanks so much for your comment and five stars. We appreciate hearing about our customer's experience especially when it leaves the customer feeling happy. We got you covered! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

When I got the papers, my son's name was everywhere. I called Olive and told them I needed one that didn't have his name. Communicating with a rep over the phone wasn't too hard but they had a hard time getting that done. It was a month getting the changes over but it's all straightened out.

olive response

Glenn, we apologize for the delay, I see you are a Sr. and Jr. That sometimes gets confusing, I understand. Very thankful it has been straightened out. I see the proper correspondence has been emailed to you. If we may assist further, please reach out. Thank you for choosing olive and taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

When I first bought the vehicle, it had some balance on the factory warranty, on the drivetrain. I was just googling different extended warranty companies and came up with Olive. I got online, did everything, then spoke to a gentleman with Olive and told him that I still have warranty. He said, “Well, if it's already powertrain, drivetrain, everything was covered up until the factory warranty, it would be probably beneficial once it was up.” There was no need to buy it right then, so I looked at some other different ones like Endurance and CarShield. I spoke again with gentleman with Olive earlier and I started the warranty last week. I haven't had any issues with the car, so I was just getting this protection just in case.

olive response

Darryl, thank you for olive these stars and for your kind words. We believe digging into your coverage options, before making a choice, is the best practice and are so happy you chose us! Welcome to the olive family.

olive

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

My auto mechanics said that I was hitting 60,000 miles and since I'm going to keep the car for a while, it would be smart to get the warranty at this time, and they recommended Olive. The purchasing process was easy. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.

olive response

Terre, we are grateful your mechanic knows who they would like to work with and recommended us! If or when you have an unexpected breakdown, we look forward to thanking them and getting you rollin' again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the olive family.

Have a wonderful day!