4.6/5 (136 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer seat. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: June 1, 2021

The enrollment was very quick. There weren't a whole lot of ins and outs that I had to go through. I picked what I wanted and I like what the plan has to offer.

olive response

Glad to have ya with us, Donald! Let us know how we can improve and possibly raise this 3-star review to a five.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Have a great day,

Original review: May 31, 2021

I signed up online and it was pretty simple. Also, they seem to have everything we need.

olive response

Right on, Stephen! Welcome to the olive difference!

Original review: May 31, 2021

The website explained the coverage fine. Then, there was some sort of a follow-up call afterward from a real person so there was an opportunity to ask questions.

olive response

Glad we met your needs, George. Thank you for olive these stars!

Original review: May 30, 2021

My vehicle has been in the shop for a week or so now and they still can't get a hold of anyone at Olive. My mechanic hasn't heard anything and he called them and they're not propelling their business or something. I would tell others not to get Olive.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The customer service that I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with Olive's product. The price and their term also seemed to be more favorable than anybody else. I compared total of four companies and Olive's coverage, price, and terms were the best. That was really nice because with the vehicle I drive, it would be expensive to fix.

There was a hiccup during my purchase. Olive's online platform is very good. It's just, somehow, we ended up with a hitch in the giddy-up with somebody else's weird marketing and I kept getting redirected to some site of somebody with a similar domain name. With that issue, I called Olive directly and they said I just had to go online and they would take care of it right then. Bing bang boom, they got it taken care of.

olive response
KC, thank you for sharing your experience and 5 stars with us!

We strive to be there for you when you need us, glad we could get the "hitch" taken care of and have you rollin' onto the next adventure.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 29, 2021

Olive has the best price and service combined.

olive response

Emilee, thank you for your kind words and olive these stars!

Original review: May 29, 2021

Olive was the company that responded the best and the fastest to me. The customer service was very pleasant. Things weren't written and the person I spoke with actually acted like she was living and was really professional versus, "What else? Any other questions? Uh-huh. Yeah. Sure." I asked a lot of questions and she never seemed to be annoyed. Aside from being knowledgeable, she was also professional and friendly. We have CarShield on another vehicle and they sent us a very nice book detailing everything. I wish I could have received something like that from Olive.

olive response

Deborah, we would be happy to navigate you to your olive grove, where you can see the "book" or terms and conditions of your coverage. However, as a green company, we do not send out hard copies of anything. The links and chat options are on the website. Reach out if you would like assistance finding anything there.

Thank you for this very informative and shiny review!

Cheers,

Original review: May 28, 2021

Olive seemed like they were reasonable and they had a lot of good reviews. They also had great prices for the different premiums and the lady that signed me up was really nice. She was helpful and seemed like she knew what she was talking about.

olive response

Quanisha, thank you for this AWE-some review! We are happy all of your questions were answered and you chose to be part of the olive family.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I purchased a car warranty with a company that was pretty much a scam and I needed to get a different carrier. I did a little research and Olive is licensed through the California insurance commissioner's office. That was one of the primary reasons why I decided to go with them. They also had pretty good reviews. I spoke with a representative, who was very knowledgeable. He shared a lot of information with me and that helped in my decision. I asked some questions and within the following three days after conducting my due diligence, I decided to go with Olive.

The one thing that could use a little attention was when I obtained my quote online and even after I purchased the service, I continued to get solicitation advertising emails from Olive saying, "Don't forget that your quote is waiting." But I already purchased from them. That became a pain in the butt and made me feel sorry that I ever got the quote online. I ended up having to unsubscribe from Olive because they would send two emails a day and it was probably all done by robot. Unfortunately, the human interface is being phased out.

olive response

Digging deep into your coverage options is key to transparent and peace of mind coverage, Raed. Congratulations on a job well done! Thanks for olive these stars and welcome aboard!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I was looking at ratings and of the top five, olive was rated slightly higher than all the others. They were common names to me and olive wasn’t. I also did a lot of reviews and in the end, I chose to go with olive. Their signup process seemed to be straightforward and it didn't take long. We bought the plan that covers almost everything and we still haven't received a lot of the paperwork. So, if they’ve sent us anything, unfortunately, it may have gone through Memphis and Memphis has been bad about getting mail. It might take us a month to get anything from them. But we know we have the coverage and we can go online to it. We also called them the other day about the payment and the man was very nice. We wanted to know that the direct draft was set up for making the payment and he explained how it was.

olive response

Steve, we are so pleased your sign up process went smoothly and that you took the time to dig deep into your coverage options. Over here at olive, we are a green company. That means all of our communications are electronic and we save those trees every chance we can! You likely did not receive a ton of paperwork but rather, all correspondence through email.

Thank you for being part of the olive family and for a 5-star review!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I chose the top one warranty that would fit my car in terms of mileage. Olive was the best one of the five choices I had and I did all things online. I called one time to verify the fact that I could cancel anytime as I've got 101,000 on the car and I'll probably sell it before 150. Customer service said it was not a problem and when I spoke with them, they were very friendly. I really like the warranty I have.

olive response

Way to dig into your choices, Daniel! olive is shaking up the breakdown coverage industry and we are pleased you are on board. Reach out if we can help in any way.

Welcome to the family!

Original review: May 26, 2021

Olive had the highest rating and when I signed up with them, it was very easy. The hardest part was getting the little app up and going, myOlive. That was a little bit challenging but they walked me through the app after I got it. Other than that, everything was really smooth.

olive response
Wonderful 5-star review, Randy! We are so happy it was an easy process to bring you the olive difference.

Welcome to the family!

Original review: May 26, 2021

At first, the experience when signing up was a little bit edgy. But eventually, I received a call from Barbara who was supervisor. She was able to get me through the system and through the whole situation with no problem. Hopefully, it's a good outfit because if I ever do need it, I hope they're there for me. Having this type of extended warranty is similar to having a spare tire. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

olive response

You are absolutely right, Danilo! Being prepared for those pesky breakdowns is key. Thank you for this wonderful review.

Have a great day!

Original review: May 25, 2021

My car is still under warranty from the manufacturer, so I'm still good, but I took Olive as a precaution for the longer run. I'm let down though. The rep told me that they have some dealers, but I don't see any Audi dealers in the list. Why would he tell me they have two dealers, which I already gave the information I have an Audi? He should have just told me that they do not have an Audi dealer. I checked both in Texas and in New York, and all I see are just the local auto dealers. Apart from that, the rep explained the coverage good and I already told few people about them.

olive response

Denil, you may use our network or any ASE Certified mechanic you choose, for your Audi repairs. This would include a dealership. Please reach out if we may assist further on this or any concern you may have.

Thank you for choosing olive and for this 4-star review. We strive to bring you peace of mind with your coverage and are here at your convenience.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Olive sounded like it was good company. It was different in that it had a shorter term so the price was lower and that was somewhat appealing to me. The person I talked to, Rachel, was very cordial and real helpful. I’ve talked to a couple people but she was the main one that helped me. It was a good experience and I'm hoping that when I call for a claim at some point that I can get the same treatment. The companies I dealt with in the past with either auto or home warranties, the moment you have a claim, that's when you find out what's going on. It's so difficult sometimes to get answers or get somebody to respond to you or call you back. That's when the disclosures come out and they tell you, "We don't cover that." I'm hoping that that's not the case with Olive. That's why I was doing the research to find out but so far, so good.

olive response

Mark, we encourage you to dig deep into your coverages, good job! Welcome to the olive family, we will be here in the event that you should ever need us for repairs. Rachel is pretty awesome and we are happy she was able to answer olive your questions.

Have a great day!

Original review: May 24, 2021

Having coverage is valuable, ‘cause anything could happen. I wanted something that would cover the big majority stuff on my vehicle. When I purchased an Olive policy, I started online, and then I got a call. The rep was good. Things were explained to me too, but since I've never done anything like it, it was confusing. Other than that, so far, so good.

Hello Marcie!

We are happy to bring you peace of mind coverage, that will keep you rollin' on olive your adventures!

Reach out anytime, for questions.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I thought Olive was the better company and the guy that I spoke to on the phone was pretty knowledgeable and seemed really nice. The sales experience was great.

olive response

Happy to hear it was an easy process, Eduardo! Thank you for these stars and for choosing olive as your mechanical breakdown coverage company.

Original review: May 23, 2021

The protection specialist answered any questions that I had at the time and left the door open for me to call back and ask him anything else if I needed to. I've purchased extended warranties before and this experience is better. I felt like I was getting more for my money this time around. But during the process, the site was a little glitchy when I was trying to get a quote. Then, when I started the process, the agent called me back and he said I didn't put in the mileage, but it was the site at the time that wasn't allowing me to. But that's the only thing. Other than that, I recommend the app.

olive response
Kevoughn, we apologize for the technical glitch. Sometimes, we may have a temporary issue, but am thankful it was easily remedied.

Thank you for the 4-star review, we are glad to welcome you to the olive family.

Original review: May 23, 2021

I did have a negative experience with Olive. It sounded good when I first signed up. They advertise that when you buy their extended warranty, you're covered the next day. I bought my extended warranty on the day I purchased my vehicle. It's a BMW. When stuff started going wrong with the car, they said, "Your coverage is too new. We're not going to cover that." Right after I gave all of $400, I ended up spending about $1,500 at the BMW dealership getting a few things on the car. One of them was a battery which wasn't covered by Olive. I don't even know if I want to call them in the future because I don't know if they're going to think that it's something pre-existing. I kind of feel screwed over a little bit, but it happens when it comes to this type of stuff.

olive response
Oh no, Chad! Sorry to hear of your experience. We urge you to look over your terms and conditions, located on our website, as we strive for transparency. Our mechanical breakdown coverage does not cover pre-existing conditions or basic maintenance (like batteries or head lamps) unless it is part of a mechanical malfunction.

We would be happy to answer any questions to clarify this coverage, if you reach out at your earliest convenience.

Have a great day,

Original review: May 23, 2021

Olive has good coverage for a decent price. It was an easy purchase basing off talking with a representative too and not just going through the online process.

olive response
Wow Kelly! Thank you for olive these stars!

We strive to make it an easy process, all around. Glad we delivered.

Original review: May 22, 2021

The purchasing process was straightforward and everything was done right. I tried to file a claim recently but the issue was deemed as a pre-existing condition. But I kinda understood why they didn't do it. I just had gotten the extended warranty and they said that the months take more than the number of miles that I had added since I have gotten the warranty.

olive response
Juan, we are glad you dig into your terms and conditions. We strive to be a mechanical breakdown coverage with transparency in our coverages.

Thank you for this review and for being part of the olive family.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I contacted Olive and spoke with a very nice customer service woman. They cover the major things and it's supposedly 29.99 a month, which I could afford. I purchased the policy and s far, I haven't had any problems.

olive response

Hey, Rosine, we look forward to being here for you, in the event you have a mechanical breakdown. 3 stars are AWE-mazing... let us know how we can improve it to a 5-star rating, in the future!

Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: May 22, 2021

Enrolling with Olive was pretty straightforward. It only took me a few minutes. However, even now that I did purchase the policy, I'm not exactly too familiar with what the plans are. It gave me a list of exactly what it covered but I'm not exactly sure of the details of it. For example, one of the plans that I chose said transmission was covered. But I'm not sure if that's everything with the transmission or just certain things. I would want more detailed description of what exactly is covered. Other than that, everything was good.

olive response

Kiana, we are so happy to hear the sign up process was so easy! Feel free to look over your terms and conditions, or reach out to us to clarify your coverage.

Thank you for this 4-star review!

Cheers.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I was able to make the purchase online. Then, I spoke with a representative because I needed to ask a couple of questions that I needed to hear from somebody.

olive response

Thank you, Tyrone, for this 5 star review. We are here when you need us.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The woman that I spoke to was very personable and friendly. She answered all my questions and tried to make me feel comfortable. Even after that, she wasn't pushing a sale. This is in the infancy stage with Olive and I like that I had the option of canceling if I needed to as well as the option that 24 hours after I signed up, I'm covered. There's no waiting period and Olive covered what I needed. It came down to being personable and explaining things to me. It was more of a no-hassle type deal than feeling pressured to get something and then you might have buyer's remorse afterwards. Also, it’s month to month and you’re not locked in.

olive response

Hi Keith. Thanks for your comment and five stars. We are pleased to hear that you did not feel pushed into getting a policy. We aim high for great customer service and no pressure here at olive. No fooling around here, pay today covered tomorrow! We are confident we are shaking up breakdown coverage and giving our customers peace of mind that we have their back, no matter where they adventure. Cheers, olive

Original review: May 21, 2021

I liked that there was no downpayment with Olive. It was just start your payment right now and the coverage goes in the second immediately. The guy was very helpful during the enrolment. He explained everything correctly and I understood everything he said. Olive needs to advertise more and get their word out there more.

olive response

No fuss, online, transparency, LOVE IT! Thank you for this amazing five-star review, Onzo!

Cheers

Original review: May 20, 2021

Olive got back to me the quickest compared to the other companies. Also, the gentlemen that helped me was very helpful. He explained the different packages.

olive response

Welcome to the olive family, Tiffany! Thank you for this shining review.

Original review: May 20, 2021

When I signed up, I logged into the site and paid for it but I never received a username or password to actually log into Olive. I had to go and work with Olive support to figure that out.

olive response
Brendan, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy support was able to get your questions taken care of. Sorry for any inconvenience.
We are here if you run into any further hiccups in your process.

Thanks for choosing us for olive your adventures.

Original review: May 20, 2021

After reading the reviews of other people on what was the best of all the companies, I decided to give olive a try. They must be fairly new, so there wasn't much negativity on them. The rep I dealt with was very helpful and answered all the questions that I had. All in all, I'm satisfied with the plan coverage but for some reason, I can't find my information when I went online and was trying to open up an account online. It said I needed my policy number to have an online account, so I can view everything that way, too. I don't know if I deleted my information or if it's sitting in my junk, though I can't find it in my junk folder. So, I was wondering if it’s possible to have it resent to me.

olive response
Absolutely, Matt, we can help you with that!

As a green company, all of our correspondence is sent via email. I have just verified that was resent to your email on file. If you need further assistance, feel free to visit our chat or call our toll-free number listed on our website.

Cheers!

Original review: May 19, 2021

The price with Olive was reasonable and I like what they offered. The enrollment was painless or seamless. They called me and made sure they had exactly what I wanted. They wrote me a policy, sent me the information, and came over.

olive response

Wow, Joe! What a remarkable review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we hope to continue to provide you with peace of mind coverage, if a breakdown ever occurs.

olive Company Information