4.5/5 (251 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

It seemed like I was getting the best deal with Olive. I loved the process. I liked that I can pay yearly. I didn't have to give one big lump sum all at once. I would recommend Olive.

olive response
Hello Michael, thanks for your review and the five stars. We love hearing how pleased our customers are with our services and options. We aim to please. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

The first person who helped me was by internet. The second one was on the phone. Both times were easy.

olive response
Hello Jonathan, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience. Glad to hear everything went well. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Signing up was easy. It was all good. The agent was great. Olive needed to check whatever boxes they have there. I don't have a lot of time. But we were pleased with the information. Everything was handled well. So, we're pleased.

olive response
Hello Lisa & Jim, thanks for the 5 stars and the review. Not quite sure what you mean about "needing to check whatever boxes" If we can be of any more service to you, let us know. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Olive Auto Warranty gave me what I asked for. The graphics are good. The policy looks good. But I would only tell a friend I have this coverage through Olive now.

olive response
Hello Lawrence, thanks for taking the time to send a review. We appreciate your response. Welcome to the olive family! Cheers!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Olive was much more cost-efficient. I talked to one of their sales reps and they were very good and helpful. I asked them what the warranty covered and they went over the whole thing. The purchasing process was handled well and fairly quickly. They took my information and I got the card in the mail not too long after that.

olive response
Hello Jeremy, thanks for the five stars and sharing your experience with us! We are so glad to hear everything went well with getting coverage with olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Olive has reasonable pricing and broad coverage. Also, their customer service has been pretty good. As of right now, I'm pretty happy.

olive response

Hello Dat, thanks for your five stars. We are glad to hear you are happy with your olive coverage and prices. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

My sister has Olive and I needed a warranty, which was why I got one. The rep who helped me sign up was nice.

olive response
Hello Brittany, thanks for the five stars. Glad to hear you and your sister now have olive coverage. We welcome your family to the olive family.

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The signup was pretty easy. They told me what I can get and what I had to pay. I had three options and I did what I could afford. Also, the reps were nice. They made sure I got what I wanted.

olive response
Hello Kimberly, thanks for the five stars and your review. Happy to hear the process to obtain your coverage went so well for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

When I signed up with Olive, I just clicked on the link. Then, I went through my quote and I was able to pick the policy that I wanted. Everything was seamless and easy.

olive response
Hello Taliah, thanks for the five stars. Happy to hear everything was seamless and easy with getting olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Olive’s reps were very helpful. I've been looking for coverage and I had been in email communication with them for a couple of months. Then, I decided to take a plunge. The three options were nice and fair. Also, the reviews were good as well as the Better Business Bureau accreditation. I signed up a month ago and at this point, I’ve been paying. But I haven't hit the 100,000 miles I needed to make sure I had coverage.

olive response
Hi Jonathan, thanks for taking the plunge with olive coverage. We appreciate your five stars as well. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

My coverage effective date was to start 10/04/2021. I used OLIVE's network and branch REPAIR PAL, and brought my car to Hillmuth Certified Automotive for repair. I called them on 10/25/21 to ensure I did everything correctly just to be notified that they were not going to pay my bill because my coverage had not started. I have VEHICLE SERVICE PLAN DECLARATION PAGE that says otherwise from olive. My total for repairs were 7,346.78. Fuel injectors for my Mercedes glk350 2013 were $4773 and $2573 for labor.

Firstly the mechanic had these parts crafted by NASA to be this expensive. I was not notified of this. I could have found some for thousands less and still be new. Secondly my wife took ill so coming up with $7,346 was extremely difficult. A few months passed and they put a mechanic's lien on it. I had $6,213 saved for my goal of $7,346.78 and then the total went to $9,570. A few weeks later guess who buys the LIEN. The same repair facility. Throughout this process olive backed out on its word to me and refused to help in any way. I have been without a vehicle for about a year now, still paying for the car lease even though the repair facility sold my car. This is the worst experience of my life. My vehicle was legally stolen from my possession and sold leaving me to pay $20,000 for a car lease for a vehicle I don't have anymore. I have all the documents.

olive response

Rajae, thank you for your feedback. We are addressing your concerns as you have outlined. We are looking into this situation and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I got the warranty that’s right in the middle because the full warranty from Olive was not as cheap. It's almost double the price of what I pay for another full one. I called when I first got the car and then after two months. Three months after was when I got the warranty and the price was so different that I got to the point where I needed to sign up or next month, they were going to charge me $100 for it, what was not fair. It’s not that I’m adding up a lot of miles. It’s just 1,000 miles per month, which is what usually people calculate. As soon as you got the price, if you drive the car for a little bit, the price is already different. So I do not agree with that. I spoke to a person on the phone and I asked how they increased it $30 over 2,000 miles. If the car has 82,000 miles, 2,000 miles is nothing, but it went over 50% of the price. The rep said she followed what the system gave to her. That was crazy.

At least this year, I have the transmission, engine and all those things covered. But I don't have cameras. My car is full of technology. But one was $40 and the other was $76. They were almost charging me a full new warranty just for the technology pack. But the purchasing process was very easy. You go online and put the VIN number for the car. It is fast but at the same time, I don't know how fair it is. Because you just to go through whatever the system gives to us. And even the person that we call just go through whatever the system shows. The person is great but the system is not.

olive response
Carlos, our rates are set by the policy administrator, QBE. A couple factors that effect the premium are the age and mileage of your vehicle. We apologize that you could not find the coverage to fit your needs. Check back, as we are ever- expanding.

Have a great day.

Ctina with olive

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

The purchasing process was pretty straightforward. I did it over the phone and the rep was really helpful and very personable.

olive response
Hello Renee, so glad to hear getting your olive coverage was so convenient for you and that the rep was helpful. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: July 31, 2022

We're happy with Olive. The payment is easy to send off. I recommend the service.

olive response
Hello Raymond, thanks for the 5 stars and your review. We appreciate you and welcome you to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: July 30, 2022

I signed up through Olive's website. I had a representative help me through the process and it was fairly easy. The rep who helped me was friendly and helpful. As of right now, everything is great.

olive response
Hello David, thanks for the five stars and your review. Glad to hear your experience went so well with signing up for coverage. Welcome to the olive family!

Lori at olive

Original review: July 29, 2022

The signup was pretty good. They sent me a quote within a couple of minutes and I was able to sign the paperwork online and make my first payment. But they could be a little more specific on what they offer on their plans. The plan I picked covers half of the heating ventilation system in the car and not the half that I ended up with a problem with. Other than that, they seem responsive anytime I gotta call them.

olive response

Hello David, thanks for your review. We appreciate your concern. We are always working to improve in every way for our customers. I will pass it along the need for better clarification of what each plan offers. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: July 5, 2022

I had an extended vehicle warranty contract with Uproar.car. Olive bought Uproar.car and assured everyone that nothing would change about their coverage. Months later I'm informed that my coverage is being cancelled and I can sign up for a new plan with Olive for an astronomically higher premium, fewer benefits, and a higher deductible. Blatantly dishonest. Avoid.

olive response
We are sorry to hear of your discomfort through this transition. olive did buy Uproar and does offer contracts to the customers this will affect. There is a bit of an increase in premiums, at this time. However, with 9 options of coverage, we believe we can offer a very comparable coverage to fit your budget and needs. At this time, it sounds like you did not find the one you were looking for. We are ever expanding and hope you change your mind, in the future.

Again, sorry for the change to the Uproar coverages, and your disappointment with the transition. We are here if you decide to give us a chance to change your perspective about our peace of mind coverage.

Original review: July 1, 2022

There are quite a few warranties that aren't available in California. Olive was one that was. Their rep just went over things with us and asked us which level we would like. He explained everything and he was good. So far, so good.

olive response

So happy to hear you dug deep into your options and joined the olive family, Christine! Thank you for sharing your kind words and experience with us.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Olive was the first thing that came up when I googled warranties and I thought, “If they're paying for their ads to be on Google, maybe it's something good.” I called and everything seemed legit. Everything was good and everybody was really nice. I didn't end up keeping the policy because I did the math and chose to get a warranty from the dealership where I bought my car from. The guys at Olive really tried to keep me on the policy when I didn't need it. I did like how there was a small monthly payment as that was convenient. But at the same time, I just bought the warranty out the door. I didn't have to pay out of pocket for the whole thing. If I stayed with Olive, I would have been paying more at the end. If I had no other warranty and if I didn't get the one from the dealership, I would have stayed with Olive.

olive response

Thank you, Joseph, for a very honest review and sharing your experience. Keep checking in, closer to the end of your warranty. We are ever-expanding our coverage options and may be available for your needs again.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I found that Olive does business in California so I got their warranty. I read up on it. I called them and they sent me the information over an email. Once a month, they take money out of my bank account. An extended warranty is like an insurance policy. Every time I change the oil on the truck, I keep the receipt. I put a battery in it this month and I saved the receipt for the battery so I'm keeping all my maintenance records so that if I ever do have a problem, I have everything documented that I service my truck at regular intervals.

olive response

Great job, David, digging deep into your options and maintaining records! Thank you for leaving this review and wise words to all. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had issues with my warranty provider when one time I called in and there was one guy who thought I was trying to cheat the company and some problem I had with the car. I switched to Olive. They gave me a good deal and their sign-up process was excellent. It was fairly easy and right away. They gave me everything the other company had. I wanted the three-year deal at a certain monthly payment and they were able to do it for me.

olive response

Robert, with 9 coverage options, we sure fit most breakdown coverage needs. So happy to hear you found your coverage plan and budget. Welcome to the olive family and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Olive is a good company. The rate is cheap for them to cover everything, except for wearable parts like brakes and tires, which nobody covers. I've never had a problem with my car so I understand why their rate is so much cheaper compared to a dealership. It worked out and the lady was super nice and helpful. So, I signed up three different vehicles.

olive response

Wow, Josh! Thank you for this Five-STAR review and for sharing your experience with us. Welcome to the olive family, we are happy to bring you peace of mind coverage on all three of your vehicles.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Olive offered me the type of plans that I needed and the representative was very courteous and knowledgeable. I had to use Olive about two weeks ago and I had no problems. When I turned the air conditioner on, the motor revved up high and when I cut the air conditioner off, the motor was still revving high, but not as high as when I had the air conditioner on. Then, when I was driving and hit a bump, I heard a low noise.

When I took the car into the dealer to get it worked on, they told me it was motor mounts and I had a couple other issues and service to keep up the service on it. So, I had a couple other things that Olive did not cover. But out of $2,400, I had to pay $900 and Olive covered the rest. I recommended Olive to another employee and she checked it out. But her car was 20 years old and it had a lot of mileage on it so she went with another company that offered her a little something better. But Olive takes care of me. I work so I can pay my bills and right now, I'm good to go.

olive response
Ronald, we are sorry to hear your car had an unexpected hiccup and so happy we could get ya rollin' again!

Welcome to the olive family and thank you for sharing us with your friends... and this AWESOME review.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I liked Olive’s pricing and looked through them online. It was easy filling out information but I don’t know if I’m signed up for Olive. I have not received any information.

olive response
Hi Jason, I have found that your welcome packet was sent to your email in March. I did resend it to you, please check your spam folder, as well. Your policy is active and you are currently covered. You can also see this information in your olive grove, which is your personal online portal with olive.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you have any more concerns please reach back out to us.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I found some good videos about Olive. I was looking at one or two other options that were available, and Olive came out as one with better customer satisfaction. I chose to go with them for all my cars’ extended warranty. So far, so good.

olive response

Welcome to the family, Sridhar! Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave us a review.

Ctina with olive

Original review: May 26, 2022

As I have only recently acquired this service and my VW Tiguan is very trouble-free, I haven't as of yet, had to use this service. But, it is good to have the service available. My regular warranty had run out.

olive response

Jon, thank you for sharing your experience. Welcome to the olive family!

Cheers,

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had a good experience with them. The plans they offered were adequate. I feel good about the service.

olive response

William, we strive to bring you a peace of mind coverage and am happy to hear we met expectations. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and welcome to the olive family.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 21, 2022

I looked at half a dozen different sources and Olive seemed to have a good deal and I talked to them. Their pricing was right and it came out well. I went bumper to bumper on my vehicle, which was what I wanted.

olive response

Leonard, we are so happy to bring you peace of mind coverage and welcome you to the family. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 17, 2022

Everything went smoothly when I signed up with Olive. The plans that were offered were good. I hope that when the time comes when I need it, they can stand behind everything that they claimed.

olive response

Hey, Keith! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and leave this awesome FIVE-STAR review. Welcome to the olive family.

Cheers,

Ctina with olive

Original review: April 16, 2022

I'm disappointed with their service. Olive scammed me. Refused to fixed my vehicle. I want a refund. No excuses. I rather deal with ASE.... Why deal with the middle man.. I would recommend Olive to anyone.... And I give Olive 5 zeros for their review....

olive response
Alan, we are sorry to hear olive could not cover your claim. In reviewing your repair reports, certain parts are not covered, such as engine plug, and pre-existing conditions are also not covered. All terms and conditions are found on your online portal, here is a link to this information :

Thank you for sharing your experience.

olive Company Information