4.5/5 (254 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: March 13, 2022

I learned about Olive and thought it would seem like a good option. When I went out, it was ConsumerAffairs who said, “Hey, by the way, this is who we would recommend.” I spoke with the representative from Olive for a long time, just asking questions. He was personable and very knowledgeable, and he answered my questions. And it felt it would be, “Okay, will this do what I needed to do, which is provide full coverage for my vehicle as needed, and with the deductible?" Of course, I wanted to go with the best service. I ended up signing up at that time. I went to a website and put my information. But he signed me up on the phone.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Warranty companies should explain what they cover and make sure their customer is covered. They should do what you say you're gonna do. Olive sounded good online and I did everything through there.

olive response

Kenneth, thank you for taking the time to share this review and what brought you to the olive family!

Original review: March 12, 2022

Olive was one of the companies recommended in California that was available and that was in my price range. I signed up with them online.

olive response

Hello Sean, thanks for the four stars and your review. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 12, 2022

The person I talked to from Olive was really nice on the phone. He answered my questions really well, so I was able to say okay to him. He wasn’t pushy. I felt comfortable enough to ask questions and tell him, “I’ll think about it.” He didn’t make me feel pressured which is really a good thing. He told me what the quote was and asked me what I was looking for. I told him what I was looking f, and he found me a decent price that I was able to afford. It covers the basic stuff that I want to have on my ‘18 Altima.

olive response

Daniel, we are so happy to hear that we have exceeded expectations in a hassle-free, transparent coverage experience. Welcome to the olive family and thank you for sharing your review.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I tried to go through Ford, but their program was way over above my head. I went on the internet looking at several different companies and I was a little skeptical about it because of giving out information and not knowing exactly if it's reputable. I tried to find that out first before I went ahead and signed up. I talked to somebody at Olive personally, and she sent me the things about the different ratings. It eased my mind a little. I like the fact that they explained to me about the different types of packages, and when they found that my car had less than 100,000 miles on it, I qualified for a certain coverage. I liked that. I also shopped around, and their price was good.

Olive emailed me something about the coverage, but I like to have something I can hold in my hand and read. I asked for written stuff, and I got the package, but I haven't read it yet. I also talked to them yesterday and I was glad I did because I was calling to do my payment. They told me it was automatically set up and to use the card that I had. I didn't know that, so I gave them my bank information because I would rather for it come out of there than to be charged through a credit card every month.

olive response

Marilyn, we pride ourselves in a transparent, hassle-free process and am so happy to hear we have exceeded expectations! Welcome to the olive family and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I bought out the lease on my car and wanted a warranty on it. I investigated lots of different companies and was getting some really bad feedback. I contacted ConsumerAffairs to see what they recommended and Olive came up on the list. I contacted them and they were wonderful. It was a real change of pace from the others that I had spoken with. I talked to one company and I was asking questions about what their warranty covered and what the restrictions were. The guy hung up on me rather than answer my question. It wasn’t that way with Olive at all. I was pleased with the sales process and the person I talked to. Olive had what I was looking for and they were very helpful. It was a good experience and I'd recommend them to anybody. I signed up with Olive four weeks ago.

olive response

Hello Sally, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and it is wonderful to hear you are pleased. We recognize there are other companies out there and appreciate you choosing us. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I began my purchase experience on the phone, and the agent was a 10 out of 10. I have not used the service, but having coverage is real valuable.

olive response

Thank you, Tamica, for taking the time to share this FIVE-STAR review and welcome to the olive family.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I decided to try Olive and they were very nice. The young man there was very informative. He was not pressuring me. I like what they present, everything they cover, and the price. I still went to a couple of other warranty places and in the end, I liked Olive's program the best. It was a very pleasant experience buying from them.

olive response

Hello Shirley, we are so glad to hear you looked into coverage with other companies and that olive was suited best for you. Thank you for the four stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 9, 2022

They answered our questions and gave us a perfect quote and we are very happy. I would tell everyone I know about them. The person who helped us was knowledgeable and very helpful. She was able to make our warranty to go more than 100,000.

olive response

Thank you for the wonderful review Sandra, we are so glad we were able to provide you with coverage and price that fits your needs. Thank you for spreading the word about us. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 9, 2022

Olive's cost was good, but besides that, my main reason for getting it was it was in effect right away. I went to some other sites that I put my information in, but there was a waiting period before the contract became active. Olive also has three different options that one can choose from, whether someone wants to go with Grade A, B, or C. A covers a lot more things than B, but then B and C are a little cheaper than A. I took a look at the different coverages as far as the vehicle and what parts of the engine it covered at the time.

I spoke to a representative initially when I got all of this set up, and he explained things to me. I asked him a ton of questions about how it worked, if I got in an accident or if some particular engine part failed. It was a number of car maintenance and troubleshooting or scenarios that I asked him about. We got it set up, but then my bank card got lost. I got my it renewed, but I forgot to go back online to update the information on Olive.

I was covered for most of that year. By the time I got a notification through email from Olive, it already lapsed. When I reapplied, I did everything online. It was option number two that I selected, and submitting the information via the website went smooth. Olive then found the original application that I had on file with them. I reactivated it, but it cost me more, because I had less miles on that car at the time. I hope nothing happens to my car, but if something did, I would like to be assured that it will be covered, especially if it’s nothing of my fault. With every service maintenance agreement, you have to keep records of your maintenance and you got to do it on the intervals the manufacturer required.

olive response

Digging into your coverage options is a MUST, Clifford, we are so happy you were able to find the peace of mind you were looking for at olive. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I didn't want to buy a warranty through the dealer that I bought my 2014 Mercedes Benz through. I wanted to see what was out there. I called a couple of places and Olive seemed to be the cheapest with the most coverage. Some of the companies didn’t even offer the kind of warranty or coverage in California. The sign-up process with Olive was very positive. It was pretty fast, which was nice. The plans offered were pretty good.

olive response

Hi David, thanks for the 5 stars and your review. We are proud to be able to offer coverage in California. We appreciate you shopping around and then obtaining your coverage with olive. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 8, 2022

Having coverage is pretty valuable in case I need to use it. I started my purchase online then Olive called me back, and my signing up experience was fine. I would tell friends to check out the other companies and then call Olive and see what happens.

olive response

Daniel, that is excellent advice to give your friends! We are happy you have joined the olive family and look forward to bringing you the peace of mind coverage you expect.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Customer service was great and super helpful. The rep gave me links to look at all my options and stuff on monthly plans and got it figured out. Everything was pretty much perfect and I was satisfied. When considering an extended coverage, be aware of what it would cover, like drivetrain, electrical, and anything that has to do with your engine. Look at the deductible too.

olive response

Hello Ayden, thank you for the five stars and review. It is important when shopping for mechanical breakdown coverage that you explore all options of the plans to suit your needs. Glad to hear you recognized that and made the right selections for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 7, 2022

Olive looks simple on the website and that was also the only one that was near me in California. I first called and speak with them about cases of an event happening. They just told me about it. I went ahead and did the enrollment online. It was great. When I had a claim, I took the car to a certified repair facility. The service advisor handled things with Olive and I was not involved with anything.

olive response

Hello Marco, thank you for the five stars and sharing your experience with olive. Glad to hear everything was taken care of for you regarding your claim. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Olive showed the best thing for repairs for my vehicle and when I signed up, their rep was very knowledgeable. She gave me all the knowledge I needed and helped me along the way. They need more of the other lady that helped me. When I called olive, she made me feel so comfortable, I was okay with the cost.

olive response

Hello Venuto, thanks for sharing your positive experience with olive. We are glad to hear you are happy with the customer service you received. Thanks for the five stars! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: March 5, 2022

olive's reps let me know what to expect, what was covered, and what wasn't covered. But even when you go through a mechanic, you still don't know what's covered. I had done an oil change then I ended up coming home with an oil leak, so I took my car in to have that addressed. It turned out that it was due to the oil cooler seal, the housing of the oil filters, and the solenoid seal. After that, I had to take it back and it was a turbo coolant line that I had problems with. That did not get covered and I ended up having to pay for that.

olive response

Hey Diana, thanks for the Five-Star review. We appreciate you pairing with the olive family and hope for smoother adventures to come.

olive

Original review: March 4, 2022

I live in California and olive covers California. The payment options they had were very reasonable and their customer service was excellent.

olive response

Hello Gail, thanks for the five stars and your review. We are glad to hear you are happy with the customer service provided to you and the payment options. Welcome to the olive family! Lori from olive

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

My experience with them went well. But I haven't gotten any paperwork showing that I've received anything yet. I also hope they could lower the price a little bit.

olive response

Hello Gary. Thanks for the five stars and your comment. olive is a green company and therefore all documents are emailed to you. You should be receiving a card in the mail with your policy information on it. Have you received the email with the documents in it? Check your spam as well. Please give us a call at 866-654-8348 to further assist you with a better payment that works for you. I apologize that the payment does not fit for your needs. Welcome to the olive family! olive

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

So many of those auto warranty places are so salesy and pushy. But Olive wasn't like that at all. Everything was done online and you can see everything. It was an easy, laid back process. They asked me which plan I wanted, and then I just clicked on it. They didn't require a deposit. Also, the price was pretty reasonable. But I canceled it because I traded in that truck. They refunded the money that I had paid right away.

olive response
Hey, Kevin, thanks for taking the time to go through our hassle-free online process and leaving this AWE-mazing review.

We are excited you have joined the olive family!

-Ctina

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The gentleman sold me on Olive but with the experience that I'm going through right now, I'm not too happy with it. They were supposed to look at my sunroof and when I called to get the status on the claim, the guy told me that it was not going to be covered. He told me it was because my suspension was modified. I asked what it had to do with my sunroof. He asked if I wanted my sunroof fixed and I said yes. He said that the inspector that went out there inspected the sunroof but there's nothing on note. It's just saying on my suspension. I said that I knew my suspension wasn't going to get covered. But at least, I should get my sunroof covered because I'm paying $265 a month on this. I'm waiting for Olive to call me and I'm getting ready to cancel it.

Hello Amado,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience. Unfortunately modified vehicles are considered ineligible for coverage. We see you have spoke with one of our account specialists and issued a full refund to you as we are unable to cover your vehicle.

Sincerely,

Olive

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

My husband picked out Olive, so I got what he wanted. Making the purchase only took four minutes, and they explained the coverage clearly.

olive response

Hi Stacey, glad to hear olive was your husband's choice. Hoping soon we can prove to be yours as well. Thanks for the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I enrolled a couple weeks ago. The reps were very courteous, extremely informative and Olive had a variety package that was way more competitive than others. I've received the electronic nomenclature, and they spelled it out clearly. I'd say to friends, "Give them a call. See what they say. Hear them out."

olive response

Hello Gregory, wow thanks so much for your review and five stars. We really appreciate you sharing your experience here. We strive to be competitive and to provide peace of mind for our customers. Welcome to the olive family! Lori from olive

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

The customer service reps were responsive for both in the email and the phone call. And follow-ups, they promised and delivered on their follow-up times. The response time was very appreciated. Take a look at what is covered. Some of the warranties may not cover the electricals and all the modern equipment that come with the car, and paying attention to those details will be really helpful.

olive response

Hello Balu, thanks for your review and five stars. We appreciate you taking note to the variances of each plan carefully before making your decision on which policy to buy. We hope you now have peace of mind with olive and welcome to the family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I dealt with a person named Saeed. I did an online quote request, and he contacted me. During our conversation, I had several questions and what he did is he emailed me. For example, he emailed me a sample contract so that I could review it and then a few other links. He did that within five minutes after our phone call, then from there, I kept in touch with him because he was so responsive. He responded to my emails almost instantly, and every time I called, he answered.

olive response

Hello Amanda, wow you sure know how to make a person feel good and I can't wait to share your review with Sayed! We appreciate your kind words explaining how he provided peace of mind to all of your questions and quickly. Thanks for the five stars and welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I looked up different companies that were credible in being a bumper-to-bumper warranty offering company through ConsumerAffairs. I found Olive and had great experience with them. I'm glad that company's around in order to offer bumper-to-bumper coverage on warranties. The lady that I had on the phone was great. She took her time and did the full explanation of what would be covered and where I would need to go in order to have my repairs done. There is a local place and it's only 15 minutes away. I also understand that there is a deductible in order for me to have stuff done, but this is my peace of mind to where I don't lose my vehicle that hauls myself, my children and my fiancé around. People need to make sure that their deductible isn't gonna be through the roof and that it is a local shop or close to them where they're not gonna have to drive for hours in order to have their vehicle fixed.

olive response

Hi Lydia, you have got the right idea with choosing the deductible that works for you and to locate a shop near home for the just in case moments. Thanks for the five stars and your review. We are glad to be able to provide peace of mind for you and your family. Welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I had a pretty smooth experience. The guy that I was dealing with was upfront, gave me all the information, and I thought about it. A few weeks later, I decided to buy it.

olive response

Hello Ofer, thanks for your review and 5 stars. We are glad to hear obtaining your policy with olive went well. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Everything went smoothly with the purchase process, and customer service was fine.

olive response

Hello Jason, thanks for the review and four stars. Glad to hear everything went smooth. Welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

The purchase process went good. The person I spoke to gave me the details, and Olive was awesome. It was better than the other ones that I called. The car was fully covered with the policy, and that’s what I chose. The price was comparable to all the other ones, but Olive offered a bit more.

olive response

Hello William, so glad to hear you got the coverage and at the price you wanted with olive! We thrive to stand alone and above to be the best for our customers. Thanks for the five stars and welcome to the olive family! Lori

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Purchasing the warranty was very easy. I went initially online, but I was having problems with the internet. A rep called me to follow up on it, and he was very good.

olive response

Hello Gail, glad to hear obtaining your policy went easy and there was follow-up when you had internet difficulties. Thanks for taking the time to give olive five stars and your review. Cheers! Lori from olive

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

The service I got from Olive was initially not really good. Two days later, I got a phone call from a lady and she again tried to convince me to go with the insurance. We started talking and I found out her incredibly knowledgeable. She introduced all three plans to me. I decided on a plan which covers all mechanics and electronics. When I made a decision, she said, "Outstanding choice because with the European cars produced in Germany or in England sometimes the electronics are the most expensive to repair." This lady completely erased the unpleasant feeling in my mind about Olive.

I gave her my payment methods. The only thing is I still have not set how I should pay the second payment. I did not get the option. She didn't introduce me to the option automatic payment from my Platinum Am Express, which is really the option I want to choose. I need to somehow pay the second payment now. I'm waiting for Olive to send me something. They sent me last week some summary sheet and attached to that was a packet card with information. But my grandson tore that apart. That was not really plastic but a kind of laminated something.

olive response

Hey Jacek, this is Ctina with olive. Just wanted to thank you for your honest review and welcome you to the family.

olive Company Information