4.5/5 (346 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I haven't needed to use the service as of yet as all things are working well on my car but I did have to reach out to the company to update information and all my interactions with them have been good from the initial quote process through my interaction with them today. I also met a friend this last week who has the service and they were pleased with the service provided.

olive response

Hi, Kimberly. This is Ctina from olive and I am so pleased we have met your expectations, so far. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as well as your friends. We sure are happy to have you in the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

It was easy to sign up with Olive and the person I spoke with was very good, but I want to cancel it because I found something better.

olive response

Hi Manuel, this is Cassie with olive. We are pleased to know that you have a good experience with our team. We are certainly sad to see you go, however if you ever change your mind we are more than happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

The people I spoke with were nice enough but the policy only covers manufacture defects, I am looking for a warranty on a 7 year old vehicle with 100k miles, so covering normal wear and tear is what I need if it fails, cover it if it is not normal maintenance, so did not work, and the referral to it was not some unbiased thing but really just an advertising site, approved patterns pay them and that is the only ones they suggest.

olive response

Hi Gene, we apologize if you do not feel our options meet your needs. We cover mechanical failures, excluding wear and tear items; for example oil changes. If your engine failed, but have kept up with regular maintenance, that would be a considered a covered part. Consumer Affairs matches you based on certain criteria, and we are one of the only companies who offer coverage in the state of California. We strive to give our customers top notch experience and peace of mind coverage at a low rate. We are accredited with the BBB and have maintained an A+ rating, 4.7 Google star rating and are backed by a global insurer, QBE, who has been in business for over three decades. We hope that you will reconsider in the future and give us a chance.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I got the Olive mechanical breakdown package. There are only a few companies that handle that type of insurance here in California and looking at the options, they seemed like the best option. The purchase was fairly simple. The price tool was fine.

olive response

Hello Marc, thanks for the five stars and your review. Glad to hear you chose olive for your car insurance in California. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Olive's price was decent and for the type of car that I bought, it was the top choice. The Olive reps were pretty knowledgeable. They let me know what I needed to know. The first girl didn't quite know as much as the second one as far as renewing the warranty whenever it got to be past the three-year mark. The first one told me, "You won't be able to renew it." The second one said, "That's not completely true." She said I can renew after some mileage. It'll just be at a higher deductible.

olive response

Hello Michelle, thanks for the five stars and your review. We will be in touch with you to clear up the confusion of the renewal qualifications. olive appreciates you taking the time to share your concern.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I called Olive and the representative was really helpful. She convinced me that it was a good one. Olive’s purchasing process was easy and quick.

olive response

Hello Jose, thanks for the five stars and your review. Glad to hear your experience with getting your policy went well. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

My Mini Cooper is covered by Olive. I have peace of mind knowing that I have extended warranty on there. The prices are reasonable, and based on my experience, their customer service is good.

olive response

Hello Tiffanee, thanks for the five stars and letting us know you have peace of mind with olive coverage. That is exactly how we want our customers to feel. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Olive's price was good, and the reviews were good. Signing up was very easy, too. I had a claim for the lifter and injectors, and my service advisor said it was quick and easy and they were great to work with. I had to pay my deductible but other than that, everything was covered.

olive response

Hello Gerald, thanks for the five stars and your review. Glad to hear your claim went well and that the sign up process was easy. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I got Olive and it seemed like it was good. The reps were helpful.

olive response

Hi Charles, glad to hear you feel the assistance you received was helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks for the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

The experience has not been very good right now. Olive messed up with the deductibles. They still owe me money, because they overcharged me. And I’m still waiting for a resolution, which leads me to believe that I may be in store for other experiences if we have a claim. I may have to dispute a credit card charge. It's not a lot of money, but it's two months. And for me, it's more a matter of principle. Someone should have taken ownership of this rather than me having to escalate this from one person to the other.

olive response

Hello Dr. M, we sincerely apologize for this experience and appreciate your feedback as we are always working to improve our customer's experience. Our records indicate the changes you have requested have been resolved for all three policies and your refunds have been processed. We want to ensure you get the best customer care going forward and thank you for being part of the olive family. Please let us know if we can do anything else to help.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Olive would go ahead and provide their services to me because of the amount of miles that my vehicle had. The rep was knowledgeable when she was talking about it.

olive response

Hello Patricia, thanks for your five stars and review. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I input my requirements on the ConsumerAffairs website, my vehicle, and ConsumerAffairs matched me with Olive. I researched them myself, made sure they're a reputable company, and I liked the way they work. They’re very modern working with apps. So, it just made it a lot simpler for me to work with them. I took a while to respond to the initial quote. It was just due to some personal stuff going on. And they called me just to see if they could help me out with anything regarding the quote, if I had further questions. I had a question or two, which they answered, and I proceeded off to purchasing the insurance. They had different options on the different levels of cover, and I had to look through all the different things that they cover to find something that matches the age of my car and the risk that I'm willing to accept. But it was all fairly clear in the purchasing process. I had a pleasant experience.

olive response

Hello Gerhard, thanks for walking us thru your experience with purchasing your coverage and that you had a positive experience with it. We appreciate you wanting to research olive before moving forward as well. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

The guy that waited on me was really good. Everything was good with him. I selected the minimum plan, $500 deductible, because my car only has 22,007 on it even though it’s a 2015. I’m not counting on anything major, but just in case.

olive response

Hello Anthony, thanks for the five stars and your review. You have the right way of thinking to get the coverage for your car for the just in case situation. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Olive fits my needs. They had good customer service. The guy was very helpful. It has been just my second payment. And so far, it has been so good.

olive response

Hello Guillermo, welcome to the olive family. Thanks for the five stars and your review. Olive is glad to fit your needs and hopefully any expectations you may have for your vehicle. Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

When I signed up with Olive, the rep was gonna mail me some literature on it and he was also gonna text me some information, but I never received it. I'm a little worried. In case something happens, I don't know what kind of proof I have for the warranties that I'm buying. But when I signed up, it sounded really good. I was happy with it.

olive response

Hi Gilbert, thank you for the review and feedback. It looks like we sent you a welcome email on January 20th, please ensure to check your spam folder as well. It takes about 2 weeks to receive the physical policy card in the mail. If you still have not received it, please reach out to our customer service department at (888)654-8348. We appreciate your business and want to welcome you to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

The advertisement said all I had to do was sign up online. It was easy, except I got confused when I got a call. Sometimes when I respond to something on the internet, I get a flurry of calls from people. I was attracted to that ad because I thought, "Oh, cool, I can just sign up and I don't have to deal with somebody calling me." I just went back to the online application process and got it that way.

olive response

Hello Chris, thanks for your review. We apologize you were upset with our calls. We were attempting to briefly follow-up to see if you had any questions and to let you know the quote is only good for 30 days. The rate is not locked in for you until you purchase the policy. We are always trying to improve our enrollment process. Rest assured olive does not make robocalls and never will. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I liked the purchasing process with Olive. It was good. The rep explained everything to me and took his time letting me know what options I have.

olive response

Hello Jose, thanks for your five stars! So happy to hear you were pleased with the sign up process. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I just recently signed up, but my experience has been good.

olive response

Hello Timothy, thank you for your review and four stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Purchasing was straightforward, and cut and dried.

olive response

Hello Kai, thanks for the five stars! Glad to hear you thought purchasing your policy was straightforward. There is no need for it to be anything else for our customers. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

First, Candace was great, explained the options and gave me plenty of time to decide. But in the first week or so after I indicated interest and before I spoke to her, I was bombarded with calls and emails that frankly lived up to the bad reputation your industry suffers from.

olive response

Peter, we will look into this as we do pride ourselves in a hassle-free experience. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to have you in the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I looked at Olive and it seemed fair. I know some of the dealerships that they deal with. Even though I can take the car to my own dealership and do it, I just got to pay my part of the bill. Also, the reps seem very nice.

olive response

Hello Thomas, glad to hear you feel olive is fair. We thrive to be that and more with our customers. We appreciate the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

What I liked about Olive and why I went forward with them was they said that it covers mostly everything. And that's what I need, especially because my car is already older. I need something will be able to cover most of the issues that will start happening. I also liked the representative. Warranties are important. Most people don't see the value of it until something happens. Because prior to the extended warranty, I had to replace the whole computer. And I had to pay 5,300 upfront. So, I told the representative that helped me aand he assured me that with the extended warranty, I wouldn't have to pay that much upfront. Right now, something happened so I took my car to the dealer. And I am happy because I don't have to pay thousands of dollars. I just have to pay my deductible and one thing that the warranty didn't cover, but that was it, which I'm okay. I don't have to pay as much monthly or when a claim is open. It's affordable.

olive response

Hello Adriane, thanks so much for your review and 5 stars. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and that the expectations from olive that you had did not disappoint! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I called and a representative who lives in Bakersfield, California called me and gave me all the options and different deductibles over the phone. And I made the choices. It was seamless. The rep was very good and helpful.

olive response

WOW, Patrick, this is a beautiful review! Thank you for olive these stars and the time it took to leave these kind words. We are happy to have you in the family!

olive

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

The reps were very good and they were very explicit. They did a very excellent job with what they were doing. Also, Olive has a variety of options and the monthly fee is very reasonable considering the way things are nowadays. I feel safe now that my Honda Odyssey is completely covered. I'm completely happy with my coverage and I suggest to others that they should try it too.

olive response
Henry, what a wonderful suggestion to share! Thank you for this shining review and for taking the time to leave us such kind words.

We are proud to have you in the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I started the purchase process with Olive online and then something happened and I lost the link, so the rep called me back. She was polite, nice and helpful. It was great customer service. She said that the coverage was everything bumper-to-bumper, except for regular maintenance as far as oil changes and that sort of thing.

olive response
Correct, Matthew, we do not cover consumable items such as batteries, head lamps, oil changes, etc, but we are there for those unexpected mechanical breakdowns. Thank you for sharing your kind words and this FIVE-STAR review!

Welcome to the family.

olive

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I liked Olive's price. As far as getting the warranty set up and navigating their website, I had my expectations met.

olive response

Jim, we pride ourselves in prices to fit any budget and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Welcome to the family!

olive

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Olive wouldn’t give me an online quote so I emailed someone and they got back to me fairly quickly and sent me a link. We got it all cleared up. I highly recommend it if you don't have one and it's affordable.

olive response

Bryan, we apologize for the online hiccup and am very happy that it was quickly sorted out. Thank you for olive these stars and for taking the time to leave such kind words.

olive

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Everyone at Olive seems very nice. The lady seemed knowledgeable, very professional, and nice and she seemed to understand the vehicle that I had.

olive response

Sheila, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear we have met expectations and can only ask what we can do to bring your 3- star review to a solid FIVE-STAR experience. Let us know. We are excited to have you in the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I just signed up with them and haven’t had to use them yet but registering was very simple and they called me back to tell me welcome and asked if I had any questions. I know my old company was good but very costly and never called or welcomed me on board. I do hope they send me a card with my policy number for my repair guy when I need him but thanks for your service.

olive response

Hello Maxine! Thanks for the five stars and your review. The card is sent out within a week of when you sign up for your policy. olive works hard to make sure you don’t pay a penny more than you should! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Olive had the best rates for my car. I checked out a few different places, and they had the best offer for what I needed. The purchase process was easy and quick. Customer service was good, too. I asked them a few questions about what was covered on each different tier. They helped me answer that question.

olive response
WOW, Austin! Thank you for this shiny, FIVE-STAR review. We pride ourselves in a hassle-free experience and am happy to hear that we have delivered.

Welcome to the olive family!

Cheers,