4.5/5 (267 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I called Olive and they explained to me what coverage they have for our price. I told them to explain to me what kind of coverage I have from the front end to the backend for the amount of money I'm paying. The rep who is my go-to person told me it covers everything including my brakes, transmission and motor. I can also take it for a brake check or a change of oil to a shop and Olive will cover it. She gave me her personal number, helped me out a lot and explained everything to me so I was satisfied. If I don’t have a go-to person, I would be frustrated to go to take the car in then have to go to 10 different people just to say I'm covered. I recommend anybody that has no warranty on their car to go to Olive.

olive response

Thank you, George, for your kind words and sharing your experience. We pride ourselves in a hassle free sign up and knowledgeable sales staff. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Purchasing the policy was hassle-free. When I was looking, I didn't get a ton of calls to check if I still wanted to get the warranty. One thing that they probably need to keep doing is making sure they're not hassling people to get something.

olive response

Thank you, Queshan, for this FIVE-STAR review and your kind words. We pride ourselves in a hassle free experience and are so happy to hear that we met expectations. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I told Olive what I needed and they gave me the plan and told me what it costs. The price point was really good, too. I gave my first month's deposit and they gave me a contract number. It was super simple. Pretty much you could do everything online which I really appreciate. They're also just a phone call away and I could understand them which was nice.

olive response
Ray, your kind words and shining review have made our day! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The young lady was great. She answered my questions and was quite helpful. I spoke with her a couple of times and there were no pressures. She was just telling me about Olive and what it does. It worked out well.

olive response

Deneice, we are so happy olive your questions were answered. Thank you for this FIVE-STAR review and welcome to the family!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I went with Olive because of the price. I did it over the phone and the customer service and the package that I got were 5 stars.

olive response

With 9 options to choose from, we are happy you found the right one for your budget,Marvin. Thank you for this SHINING review and welcome to the family.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I had to read the website a couple of times to make sure that I got all the details, but it answered all my questions. Mostly, I dealt with one rep and she was very persistent. I was in the process of getting ready to leave the country for a vacation, and it took three weeks for me to finally sign off on anything.

olive response
Michael, we are happy you dug deep into your coverage options and chose olive for your peace of mind. All quotes are good for 30 days, so you can take some time to be on an adventure, or just think it over.

Welcome to the olive family. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I had a good experience overall. The rate was great, and my onboarding process was quick and easy. I spoke with a rep, then I finished it up online. The rep was pleasant and she gave me a lot of information. I had a full understanding of what I was signing up for.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I selected Olive Auto Warranty because they gave me a good offer. I could have got it a lot lower. But their sales rep was good. She explained herself well, did everything she told me she would do, sent over quotes. We talked on and on. So, we weren't phone tagging each other. She wasn't pushy. Also, I like the idea that I can stop the coverage at any time. Something I don't like and hate, I could stop it. And the coverage that I got was everything covered up on my truck. It was $56 and something for three years.

Olive gave me some time to think, and the rep sent me an email with some quotes listed. They had three years, this amount of money and another at 56, powertrain, a 36 and one for 50,000. The breakdown was good to me. Seemed I was getting more bang for my buck when I did that powertrain warranty with everything covered. I was offered three of them but for lower amounts. I was comparing all three of them and the one that I got covered overall was my better option. I wish I can just have a six or five-year plan rather than three. Three is okay but sometimes I would have my car for six years, sometimes five. But I can't renew.

olive response

Hi Dwight, we are so glad to hear you and Suzy got everything taken care of regarding your coverage. We work hard to be the online leader in mechanical breakdown coverage! Thanks for the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The rep that I worked with was very helpful and polite.

olive response

Hello Peter, thanks for your five stars and your comment! Glad to hear you had a good experience. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The lady that helped me called then I called my wife on two-way. We discussed it with her on the line and she waited there. She was patient with us. My wife said to go ahead and get it but it was right in the middle of the month. I don't want to have my bill needing to be paid in the middle of the month. The representative called us back on the 1st, as we requested, and we went with Olive.

olive response

Domingo, thanks for taking the time to share your experience and these stars. We are happy to have you and your wife in the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The sales reps from Olive were very nice and knowledgeable about the product. My husband was more detailed than I was and the reps answered any questions he had. He wanted the coverage to include everything we possibly could need. It was fairly easy purchasing the coverage and we did everything by phone. We're completely satisfied. We enjoyed the representatives. They did a good job.

olive response

Hi Christine, thanks for the five stars! We are so glad to hear about your experience and how pleased you were with our staff. olive strives for complete transparency with our customers. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you or your husband. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The copies of the coverage were never mailed to me. I had to download a bunch of stuff from the internet which I didn't particularly care for. Ink is expensive these days and on top of that, you don't carry your computer around with you to see what's covered and what's not.

olive response

Hi Dorothy, we appreciate your feedback. olive is a green company and therefore we try to prevent printing as much as possible. We do apologize for any miscommunication or added frustration regarding documents being mailed out to you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are always available via phone or email. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The signup process with Olive was quick and the plan seems to be satisfactory to me. It has full coverage. The reps were very nice in handling my signup, so I didn't have any difficulty at all. They went out of their way to be nice and explain what I needed to know, which is very rare these days. I was happy with them.

olive response

Hi Barry, thanks for the five stars and your comment. We appreciate you sharing how easy the signup process was and that the staff you spoke with met all of your needs. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I talked to 10 different companies even after I purchased Olive to see different prices. It was a factor in choosing them and I liked that you can pay by the month. I'd pay a monthly fee for three years. The communication with the reps was good as well as their knowledge.

olive response

Hi Jeffrey, we totally understand the interest in shopping around in order to get exactly what you want. Glad olive was your final decision in getting your vehicle covered. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The sign up process was a little bad. I put my information in through the site called CARCHEX and somehow went to Olive’s site. The rep wasn't aware of that website. So it was a little confusing with how I got to Olive. That process could have been a little bit better.

olive response

Hello Eric, I do apologize a out the confusion with Carchex. olive does not have any affiliation with Carchex. They offer referrals that match the information you enter. That is how we assume you got to olive. We do again apologize for any confusion and hope olive did provide you with good customer service besides the initial confusion. Have a good day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Purchasing the coverage was a very simple and straightforward process. It was much easier than I thought. It took very little effort. All the information was straightforward. I emailed with the agent, and the agent gave me all the help I needed.

olive response

Hello Steve, so glad to hear you had a good experience with purchasing your policy. We strive to make things easy and are all about full transparency for our customers. We appreciate the five stars. Let us know if you have any further questions. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

It was extremely easy to purchase the policy online. It was a very good experience. I’d recommend it.

olive response

Hello Chris, thanks so much for your five stars and taking the time to comment. We are glad to hear it was easy to purchase your policy online. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I had a good experience with the agent that I talked to. The signing up experience was fine. But the overall experience has not been pleasant. The transmission went out on my car. I took it my car to the place that their website recommended. Then Olive told me that it’s a preexisting condition and that they cannot cover it. But I have been told that my car does not have a preexisting condition. I've went through all kinds of management with them. I have given them all kinds of proof that it's not a preexisting condition. They made me pay to have the transmission pan pulled and tore apart to prove all kinds of stuff, and telling me then they’ll decide whether or not they will cover it.

olive response

We apologize that you did not have the experience you expected, during your claims process. Now that your car has been fixed, we can rule out pre-existing conditions. We thank you for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to provide the customer service and experience you will be satisfied with, going forward. We appreciate you sharing your experience as it helps us strive for excellence with our customers.

Have a wonderful day,

olive

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The young lady I talked to from Olive was Nadia. She was very pleasant and professional. She explained all the different warranties, what's covered and what I could do. The signing up experience was very good. As far as claims, I was told that once you get to a repair shop, I just call Olive and they will go over what is covered with me, I will pay my deductible, then they would take care of the rest. I definitely like that.

olive response

Hi Brenda, thanks for sharing your experience with Nadia. We appreciate you telling us how good you felt after getting olive coverage. Thanks for the five stars as well! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

The rep was really nice and super knowledgeable. She was a great communicator. She was able to explain everything that she was doing. The different plan options were pretty good compared to what I was looking at prior. I'm paying them $45 a month. Overall, the customer service was great. Purchasing the policy was a fast, easy, and seamless process.

olive response

Whoo hoo! We love to hear that we have met expectations, here at olive, Ashley. Thank you for taking the time to share this FIVE-STAR review with us.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The application process was easy. I still gotta get the printout of my warranty and see what it covers. But everything seems reasonable. They pretty well covered my transmission and most of the engines.

olive response

Hey Albert! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I will check into your account and make certain you get those documents, electronically. As we are a green company, it will come to the email on file. If you are finding it is not showing up, please reach back out to us at olive.com or 1-866-759-1194. We may need to verify your email is correct.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The price with Olive was what I was looking for. Signing up with them was really simple. It only took a few minutes. I have what I want.

olive response

Awesome FIVE-STAR review, Marimar! Thank you for sharing your satisfaction of your peace of mind coverage with us. We look forward to having you in the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I wanted to get insurance for my wife's car in case anything happened so I searched for auto warranty providers online and Olive came up. I read about it and a lady called me. She helped me right off the bat. It was fairly cheap in my range and I liked how the payments were. My wife's a stay-at-home mom, so it was perfect for me. I chose it, and I'm glad I did. I'm in the process of a claim right now. My wife was driving and something happened to her car with the kids. It was late at night and she was scared. The car's in the shop and Olive’s looking over what's going on and then they’re gonna give me a call. They are a great company and the people I've talked to have been nice and respectful and wanted the best for me. If you're looking to get an extended warranty, Olive’s the place.

olive response
We are very sorry to hear that your wife had a breakdown at such an unexpected time, Richard! Very happy we could be here to get you all rollin' onto the next family adventure. Thank you for this FIVE-STAR review and for taking the time to share this with us.

Your recommendation is even brighter than olive these stars! YOU ROCK!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I narrowed it down to Olive and Endurance. Endurance was pushy and agitated when I was conducting my research. Hard sell and close. Agent basically hung up on me because I wasn't ready to buy. They also require several hundred dollars upfront. On the other hand everyone I spoke to at Olive was relaxed and helpful. I went with them. That's all folks!

olive response

Seamus, we commend you on digging deep into your options and are pleased we were able to show you the olive difference. Welcome to the family and thank you for olive these stars!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Olive has some good feedback and they provided me with a quote that was much less than that of the dealer. The rep that I dealt with was very friendly. It was a very smooth transition. But I’ve been delaying for a while until I ended my existing coverage with my current dealership. So I didn’t activate the contract for a couple of months until I decided to go with the quote. There was no pressure. It was decent service.

olive response

Thank you for this awesome review, Akram, and olive these stars!

Welcome to the family!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The representative discussed the different options and I picked the ones that I wanted. I just signed up a week ago and so far, I'm still looking into it. My wife wants to begin into it as well.

olive response

Welcome, Milton, we are happy you have chosen the olive difference. We are here for any questions your concerns you may have.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I was very excited to find this warranty coverage for the price it was. Turns out, I got what I paid for. I sat at the mechanic shop for over 5 hours waiting on a call back from the claims department to get work done. 2 months later, I still have not received a call back. I reached out to customer service to get help, and I still have not received a resolution. I provided everything they asked for and was promised a call back within 24 hours. That never happened. I called back the next week and was told I would be called back by the end of the day, never happened. I called back 3 weeks later and was promised another call back by the CS manager Erika by the end of the day, that never happened. Complete waste of money. If my company treated customers the way I have been treated, I would not be in business.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

In case something happens that could go wrong with my car, I didn't want to have to wait 30 days, and Olive didn't have that waiting period. I signed up on Friday and the process was easy. But right now, I'm having an issue with the fact that when I signed up online, there was a pop-up and it said that if I paid the first month, the second month was on them. I called them today to inquire as to why when I looked into my account, it says that my second month is due on November 2nd. I asked them, “Shouldn't the second month be due on you guys?” But they told me no, and that I have to prove that I saw that promotion. So they're calling me a liar and I'm not enjoying that at all. So I'm not sure about them because I shouldn't have to prove that. It’s their company and their promotion. They're the ones that should honor it.

olive response
We are sorry for the confusion with our promotion. I am seeing the promotion month was applied to your account. So glad we got it sorted for you.

Thank you for being part of the olive family, Tammy!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I looked at three companies and Olive was the most reasonable one. They explained everything, the deductible, and what it would cover. What I liked most is that they've made it very clear from the beginning that there was no waiting period. With the other two that I have shopped around, I have to wait a period of time before I can actually start using the warranty. I wanted to match what I had from the dealer and so I got the bumper-to-bumper. My vehicle was already used when it was purchased and it's already above 100,000 miles. I just wanted to be on the safe side instead of paying for highly-cost repairs.

olive response

Digging deep into your coverage options, is a must, Sandra. Good job, checking out your options! We are so happy you chose the olive difference, welcome to the family!

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I called a few insurance companies and some of them were very expensive. Olive offered me a better deal with 100,000 miles on the car. Also, they were very, very responsive and nice. They didn't pressure me.

olive response
The right coverage option within your budget! Super great of you to share your experience with us, Jarocho. Be sure to see the perks of navigating your account in your OLIVE GROVE, online.

Happy to have you in the family!

olive Company Information