Nissan Sentra
  • 1 star
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Nissan Sentra

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

314 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have a 2013 Nissan Sentra and I have been having minor problems with the transmission. I took it to Nissan dealership back in July 2017 let them know. They wanted to charge me 150.00 just to look at it. It is now November 2017. My car gave out on me while driving with my 10 yr old son. My car has warranty until 60,000 and it currently has 59,000 so I made it just in time but reading these reviews I'm sure this isn't problem isn't over for me. I will never purchase a Nissan again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Purchased a 2015 Nissan Sentra for my daughter to use for college and work. Thought Nissan was a reputable company, similar to my experiences with Toyota and Honda/Acura, but I was OHHH SO WRONG. The transmission on my daughter's Nissan Sentra has been stuttering/slamming since 90k, outside the warranty timeframe. Had it checked by Nissan dealership, confirmed transmission needs replacement, contacted corporate, and after investigation, they said that NO help could be offered due to mileage warranty expiration. Don't have these problems with Toyota, should have stayed with Toyota, my '04 Corolla has 204000 miles and still running, sooner or later a repair will be required but says a lot about quality.

Nissan should be held accountable for their misrepresented quality product as I see many of the other reviewers have same/similar problems going on. Nissan does NOT represent a quality product, they are at the bottom of food chain for their product and are misleading consumer with their misguided value/quality and flooding market with basically a throw away product. Never seem to have this problem with Toyota or Honda. I hope that there is a sharp lawyer out there that sees the potential of a class action suit to help out Johnny consumer with this problem of "Nissan". Please contact me in regards to class action suit if anyone knows of any. There are a lot of consumer out here that have been hurt financially due to the lack of Nissan standing behind their customers and product.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I purchase this car brand new 2016 edition. After the first month I started noticing a weird sound when going over 60 mph. At the beginning I thought it was the wind. I did not pay attention to it, and now just have over a year now with the car and I started noticing how the acceleration pulls back when going from the 2nd shift to 3rd shift. Now the manufacturer warranty has expired. I'm on my own... Don't buy this car overall. It is the second Nissan with transmission issues that I have over the last 8 years, last one was the Nissan Rogue '08. I believe I have learned the lesson... Nissan sucks.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

CVT WILL fail, don't expect more than 100k, new CVT costs $4-5k. One of the worst designed CVTs ever made. If you have your Nissan with CVT for more than 60k, get rid of it immediately. It will not likely make it past 100k miles. Nissan is well aware of the problem and will not do anything. 13%+ (4x the national average) will fail within 3 years. Hopefully there is another class action threat so they address this issue like they had to for their earlier CVTs. They promised a better design but from 2013 onward there is no significant difference in failure rates.

The problem is with the CVT overheating, at that point damage WILL be done. They describe in internal service bulletins that this CVT is prone to overheat and cause problems if you "drive 65 mph or more, for 1-1.5 hours, drive in hilly conditions or when the temperature is at or above 95 degrees". ARE YOU KIDDING ME! How do they sell a car that will fail if you drive 65mph for an hour or on hills, or even in the summer or south!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have a 2014 Nissan Sentra SR. I've done scheduled services on my CVT transmission every 30,000 miles. I've had this vehicle for 2 years and bought it with 5,900 miles. At approximately 157,000 miles the CVT has failed. I realize that's substantial miles, however I still owe on this vehicle and was hoping that it would last much longer than this considering I've done the transmission service as recommended. That CVT is crap in this car and this will be the last Nissan I buy. Filed a formal complaint with Nissan USA but got no assistance at all.

I'm a single parent and depend on my car as my source of income. I cannot afford a $3600 repair to fix this. Also in addition to the transmission CVT going out, in the process of attempting to attain financing for the repair and many attempts to find funding for the repair, I've found that due to the recent Equifax security breach I'm getting declined due to inaccuracies on my reports. This has got to be the toughest situation I've been in with a car. I just want people to know that Nissan CVT transmissions are crap, Nissan knows this and they can't even get parts to rebuild it. Terrible! Never buy a Nissan! It's crap and Nissan Corporate USA is a joke!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

This car is dangerous, I have two kids and the car is jerking in busy traffic. I said something about the way the car shift gears when I purchased it a year ago. The dealership blamed it on the type of engine in the Nissans. I'm trying to get out of this car asap.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Bought my little 2013 Nissan Sentra in April 2016 with 37,000 miles and 1 month later the transmission left me stranded on the side of the road. Transmission was replaced at that time. Now @ 69K miles yet another transmission which of course was "out of warranty" and was not covered by Nissan. I was told by the service adviser @ Town Center Nissan to not push corporate to cover the total cost. So, I have a car that I don't trust, is on the 3rd transmission, and I am out a lot of money! This seems to be a definite problem for Nissan. Just want Nissan to step up and make things right! I am a single mom that works hard for what I have and am very discouraged by how Nissan is not taking ownership of their KNOWN problems. When you research 2013 Nissan Sentra the bulletins are endless! I had heard for years that Nissans are wonderful and would go for hundreds of thousands of miles with no trouble. NOT THE CASE with this car.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I am the first owner of my 2013 Nissan Sentra. I have had some issues with the car and do not feel safe driving the car. Unfortunately, I still have about 1 1/2years before it is paid off. I cannot place the rest of my loan on top of a new loan. After I bought my car, I noticed the carpet was not sealed correctly around the doors and when I took the car in to be cleaned and detailed, I was told there was a spot on the back door that seemed to be dented and repainted. I didn't not know about these issues when I bought the car. When asking the dealer about it, it was too late because I already bought the car and they didn't care. In June of this year I started having rapidly increasing and decreasing RPMS and the car would not accelerate like normal. I was advised to take the car in for a transmission fluid change. I was never told that I was supposed to take it to the dealer for the work.

After the transmission fluid change, I read about the ongoing problems and lawsuits that Nissan has about their CVT transmissions. I also read about a recall that happened in 2013 which I was never notified. I took it to the dealer to have the CVT recall completed. I was told by several Nissan employees that the recall repairs would fix the problem. A few weeks later, my car stopped and shut down in the middle of traffic on extremely busy road with no warning, no signal lights and no noise. It just stopped. I WAS STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF A DANGEROUS ROAD with many vehicles honking, giving me gestures and swerving to avoid hitting me. Someone could have been seriously hurt. It finally started and I slowly made it to work, then my car would not start. I called the dealer and I had the car towed to the dealership. The dealership argued with me and said there was no possible way the problem was a CVT issue.

After several tests, they discovered the transmission needed to be replaced. Then, one employee tried to blame me for the issue because I had the transmission fluid change was completed at another company. He told me that was the cause of my problems. However, that is not the reason because the problem was happening before I had that done. It seems that Nissan doesn't care about their customers or safety and just wants their money. I feel they are not honest at all. I have been told that by several Nissan employees that their CVTS are junk and unsafe, others deny it.

Now I am having very similar issues and spent 5 hours at the dealership yesterday and they cannot find the problem or fix the issues. I need to speak to someone at Nissan to get out of this loan and out of this unsafe vehicle. I am hoping that someone at this company might be honest and helpful. I do not want to drive this car anymore because it is unsafe and does not accelerate properly so it cannot keep proper speeds on roads or highways to keep up with other vehicles. At this point I am not sure if Nissan has any vehicles safe driving.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got 2013 Nissan Sentra only 70k miles. Now Transmission need to replace. I’m still paying for it. I bought it brand new. This car need to be recall. My first car is 1993 Nissan Sentra 280000 I never replace the transmission. Now it’s all about money. Not Safety. Nissan doesn’t care if you die on the road.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I bought my 2015 Nissan Sentra SV in December 2016. It's now September 2017 and my transmission has to be replaced, my car only has 62,000 miles on it! This is an ongoing problem from Nissan and they aren't doing anything to fix the problem, now I have to fork out $3,300 to have a new transmission put in! Nissan is a serious joke! They need to fix their mistakes before someone gets killed in one of these cars they keep swearing are safe!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought a 2013 Nissan Sentra in 2015. Transmission start going out and they want 3,600 for a used transmission. This is the worst car ever. Will NEVER buy another Nissan again. They use to be good cars but now they are a piece of **. They really need to do a recall on them, poorly made!! I give them one star, and that is too high.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

2015 Nissan Sentra - 65k miles and transmission failure! Was driving last night (9/16/17) and heard a funny noise when the car shifted up in gear then pressed the gas and nothing. Car would not accelerate. Stopped on side of the road and attempted to pull forward, the transmission engaged but shifted so hard I was afraid the transmission might fall out of the car. I'm so frustrated! I'm still paying on this stupid car! I need to contact a lemon lawyer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We purchased a brand new 2016 Nissan Sentra for our daughter in August 2016. A year later, at 6200 miles, the transmission is starting to have problems. When trying to accelerate on the freeway, when you push on the gas, the RPMs will rev but there is a noticeable delay in acceleration/power. Also happens when you want to change lanes and need a quick burst of power. Brought car into Stadium Nissan where it was originally purchased. They could not find any error codes and thus "Couldn't duplicate the problem."

A Service Technician test drove the car with us (with his computer hooked up to car) and recorded the acceleration activity. I was driving, he was recording. He said, "Nothing was coming up out of the ordinary." The Service Foreman agreed to test drive the car with us but this time, he was driving the car. He said he noticed a slight delay in acceleration but said that since the car only had 6200 miles on it and the delay was not bad enough, Nissan would not replace the transmission. He advised us, "Not to try to accelerate in front of cars if we didn't think we could make it and continue driving it to see if it will fail more."

Glad the dealership was not dismissive of our concerns and was willing to go for test drives but I am extremely unhappy with the car's transmission issues. After reading other reviews, I am worried about the safety of my daughter. I am also worried about the car Decelerating (from other reviews), a problem we haven't experienced yet but which could get her killed. I would be willing to join a class action lawsuit to get this problem resolved.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

As I'm reading the reviews I see that this is an ongoing problem with Nissan Sentra. I have a 2014 model which I purchased brand new in the year of 2015. I have only all this, years and a half and I have maintained all scheduled appointments and services. First of all that's parents right. After my car receipt over 36,000 mile tire sensor went out. The repair for that will be over $370 which I could not afford. I have noticed that the car rattles in the back. I hear noises all the time. I just had to put all brand new tires right up. I got 60,000 miles on the car. I have maintained having frequent oil changes every 3000 miles with synthetic oil which is costing me right at $68 per oil change.

I do understand the process of maintaining the vehicle is expensive. But now I'm faced with a decision on if I should get rid of my car because now after driving home on the freeway on Sunday night, my car would not drive properly. I was traveling at 80 mph and all of a sudden I had this RPMs racing in the car just losing power and I have cars behind me on my trail and I truly felt like I could die. I was scared out of my mind and my daughter was fighting as well. And when I finally was able to slow down and make a clear exit off the ramp I made a complete stop.

After stopping the car at like it didn't even want to shift into drive to go up to my house. From this point on it soak up roughly 24 minutes to get home. The car is shut off on me numerous times. I had to turn off the car and restored it just to go 30 feet. When I tried to get into my home the call would not go in reverse. After explaining this to my husband what was going on with the car we decided to collectively take the car to Michael Jordan Nissan of Durham North Carolina. I purchased a vehicle at Cav Road Nissan of Rocky Mount North Carolina.

The next morning I got up to travel to dealership to get my car there. I speak with Alice at the service department and she said they would charge me $130 to do the diagnostic. I'm not sure why they charge people to do a diagnostic on the car but if it's your car you she want to know what's wrong with your car. This service should be something that you offer your customers free. Yes I don't have the best credit because as a parent and a college student we have numerous bills. As I'm so overwhelmed with the situation that I have actually been crying for the last four days. I have read all these complaints about Nissan and reading up on the type of transmission that was Actually in this vehicle. It seems as if we as consumer have been deceived.

We purchased a vehicle not knowing that this CVT transmission is the same transmission that Nissan Sentra has had problems with since there are only 2003. I'm not sure why they were actually put this in the newer models knowing that the problem has not been corrected. All the transmission has not been modified or changed since 2003. After 2003 if she doesn't send they replace and did it standard warranty on the CST transmission but now it's 2013. The problem has a reoccur again with the same transmission and it seems as if the consumers are still having to be held accountable for making up bad decision to buy the products which they don't back up.

I have 64,802 miles on my vehicle which is out of the original warranty or powertrain warranty but it as if these manufacturing know that these major parts of a car should be powertrain At least until you have 100,000 miles or 120,000 miles. What good does it do to buy a brand new car and it's only cover up to 60,000 miles when the core actually starts breaking down after the 60,000 miles. It's like we're been to seize. I just don't have $4085 to do the repair. I live off of fixed income. My husband just started a new job and unfortunately our finances are not great. We barely can survive without this big expensive repair.

I spoke with someone at the Nissan motor company by the name of Summer and she gave me my case number. I was informed to contact them with the possibility of them help me cover some of the costs. Unfortunately they only came back with they will only cover 75% of the calls because it is out of the original warranty but I'm not satisfied with the answer because it still leaves me with paying out of my pocket $1000 and I don't have $1000 saved for repairs. This is now a burden to my family because now we don't have but one car and my husband works 42 miles away from the house.

I can't afford to make car payments and get this repair done and is going to mess up my credit. I'm at a standstill because either way the repair has to be done but I cannot afford the repair. I think Nissan should've stop selling the Santa Rosa until they actually resolve the problems with the transmission. My daughter and I could have been Killed. I am very disappointed with Nissan and I would never purchase another Nissan in my life. Speaking with corporate has really opened my eyes that these people are not for their consumers that they're only in it to make money.

Car companies are the biggest ripples off in the World along with their financing companies! Nissan you suck and I hate I ever bought this car. Now my daughter has a Versa and I'm trying to get her out of this car as soon as possible. We will go with a more dependable company that is not foreign. We were actually going with Ford product Who value their customers’ life and the safety of them. I can't wait for a lawsuit to be filed against you guys for death by motor vehicle because you know of this problem and you have not tried to fix it will do a recall on this vehicle.

As a Christian woman I am totally displease and it's not often that I get out of character but I have to stand up against injustice, corruption, been deceived, jeopardizing my family safety. Or if it comes to my finances. We need to be more trim boycotting your products because you know of this faulty transmission and you still have not resolved it or try to come back & replace these transmission free of charge.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Sentra with 40,000 miles on it. I needed a safe reliable car as I am young and just starting my career. It now has 66,000 miles and is having major problems with accelerating and shifting gears. The RPMs will be revving really high while the speed will be 40 mph. This randomly will happen on the freeway and is very scary. Going up a hill is nearly impossible. I took it to the shop and they told me that I needed a new transmission. He also said that this type of transmission has a lot of problems. I really thought Nissan would be a good car but this is the most car trouble I have ever had. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable car I would stay away from this one.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

In May 2017 I purchased a 2014 Nissan Sentra from a dealer... Aug. 2017 I started having problems with the car on my way to work like most of the issues I see on here with the same car. I would press on the gas, it wouldn't gain speed. It would only revved up and jerk and stall as if I had it in neutral. My RPM would be racing up and down and no acceleration... After about 3 weeks the dealership finally pick the car up literally 1 day before my 3 month warranty went out... Now I'm been told it's the transmission and even though my warranty is out they will still pay 50% for parts and labor but I got to pay 1500... Not only have I lost my job 'cause I work 50 miles from my job and had no way of getting there the past 3 weeks but I'm a single mom of 4 and don't have the funds to pay for this... SMH advice on what legal action can I take.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I purchased a brand new 2013 Nissan Sentra in February, 2014, a month ago I noticed shifting problems with CVT transmission, car has 72,000 miles on it, I found that they extended the warranty to 10 years / 120,000 miles on previous models but ended in 2010, I guess they should extended on newer models, as I see transmissions problems continue.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Sentra for my 17 year old daughter last August. It had around 60k miles on it but I wasn't too worried because I mistakenly thought Nissan was a reliable car company that built quality vehicles. We have had nothing but trouble with that car and are now replacing the transmission as it has suddenly stopped working. I am very upset as the car only has 80k miles! I am paying around $2400.00 dollars for the repair because we are getting a used transmission. This has left my daughter without a car for over a week and it is not expected to be done until the end of next week. From now on I will stick with Honda and Toyota as I have owned both and never had any problems!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I did my research prior to purchasing my 2013 Nissan Sentra and knew that the CVT is poorly built and previous owners experienced many transmission issues. Therefore, I purchased a manual transmission with 3,200 miles on it. Four years and 46,000 miles later I have had zero issues. Great reliable little car with big MPG.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I need advice. So I bought my 2013 Nissan Sentra in April 2016 from Bill Rapp in Syracuse. I just started having problems with the transmission so it's been out to them 2 different times. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with it cause no codes were coming up. So next step was for them to service the transmission at my expense of course. The cost is outrageous. $420 for them to do that to see if there was any metal shavings. So they called me today and said yes there was metal shavings on the magnet in the tranny pan and I need a new transmission. But the reason the transmission went bad was because I put the wrong kind of transmission fluid in it.

I had to repeat myself several times. "The way I brought my car to you is the way I bought my car from Bill Rapp. I have never done a service on the transmission. I bought the car with almost 32,*** miles on it. Now my car has 63,*** on it." So this guy is telling me my transmission should have a service done on it every 30,*** miles. Ok so there for you just answered his own theory that I didn't do a transmission service there but anyways they said they contacted the Warranty company but it's up to them to do a investigation to see if my warranty will cover a new transmission. If not then I have to pay for one.

I don't think so. It's not my negligence that cause this problem so my question is if the Warranty company does not pay for it and if Bill Rapp refuses can I still sue them or get them under the lemon law. I also to been having problems with the brakes the day after buying my car. Still having problems with them over a year later but they say nothing is wrong with it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I went from a 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada to a tw to a 2013 Nissan Sentra. I've only had the car one year. I got it in June 2016 with only 17,000 miles. I have had nothing but problem. First the brakes. I take it back to the dealer. They say they fix it. Two days later I still hear a knocking noise a loud banging noise when I put on the brakes. Now the car does not want to shift out of park. Once I put it into park it stays in park. It is not fair that I am paying each month a car payment that I can't even drive. The reason I got this car was because I was having so many problems with the 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada and the point being was I did not want to have car trouble again.

I took the car back to the dealer this morning. They gave me a loaner car and they are baffled. They are trying to figure it out what the hell is going on and why it keeps sticking in park. They're going to have to keep my car a few days. Is anyone else having problems with the gear shift? It's very stressful. It's very aggravating and I am pissed off to the max. The car only has 46,000 miles on it and it's four years old. It has low mileage. I see all these other people talking about transmission problems and now I'm worried that I'm going to have this as I travel the highway every single day here in Charlotte North Carolina.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I purchased my 2013 Sentra in 2016 with 100k miles on it. I wasn't too worried about the high mileage because Nissans are reliable cars... (So I thought). My transmission just went out when I was on the highway. Luckily nobody was behind me or I would have gotten hit. I was scared to death when it happened. I called Nissan to get a quote on a new one since I'm no longer under the warranty, and they are $2,500 just for the transmission, then probably another thousand or so for labor. Lucky for me I work at a Ford dealership and they gave me a deal on labor, otherwise I would have been even more screwed over. After reading all of these reviews I'm shocked mine lasted this long. I'm definitely selling it before the warranty is up on the new transmission.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Nissan Sentra. 2 weeks into owning the car my back tire split from the inside. They refused to help me. I had to spend 175.00 on 1 tire. At 32000 my transmission went out, had to have a brand new one put in. Car continued to have transmission issues. In fear my warranty was running out I took it back. Traded for a manual. Lost my ** in deal. Now at 36000 miles my newest Sentra’s AC compressor is bad. What a ** joke Nissans are pieces of ** and we all should be compensated for having to pay for their lemon cars. Such a shame Nissan. You should be embarrassed. Trust me I put your vehicles down to everyone I encounter.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Adding to what appears to be a very long list of Nissan owners with similar issues: My 2013 Nissan Sentra's transmission gave out at 65,0000 miles. In 2014, just one year into ownership of the car, the vehicle began revving very high with little power to move. The dealership said it was a "known" problem, and (supposedly) fixed it under warranty. Now, three years later and with only 65k miles on the car, the transmission seems to have crapped out again. While backing out of a parking spot at the grocery store, the vehicle began to "hesitate" when I pressed the gas. When I shifted into drive, the vehicle began to make a sound like a bunch of tin cans full of rocks were tied to the under carriage. Luckily, the grocery store was just across the street from home, and I was able to limp my car home at a snail's pace. I suppose I should count myself lucky, as it seems many people were unfortunate to have this happen driving down the highway.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I own a 2014 Nissan Sentra I bought brand new. About 2 weeks ago I started noticing noises in the front when I was driving like clunking and I told my husband. He put the car up on jacks and checked under the car and nothing. He was gonna take it in to our dealer and have them take a look. Well Saturday I was coming home from work and it started sputtering and clunking again. Well I stopped at a red light and it lunged forward. While I had my foot on the brake I pulled into a parking lot and called my husband. I was scared to death. I looked online Sunday and found the articles on your site about this problem so I showed my husband. Well this morning we took the car to the dealer and they confirmed it is the transmission and are giving me a loaner and replacing the transmission. Thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy. Keep up the good work. By the way my Sentra only has 25,000 miles on it.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I purchased my Nissan brand new in 2013 in 2014. The transmission went out which was replaced under warranty. In April 2017 while driving home, the car started losing power and totally stalled out on me. Fortunately I was in slow lane which was a life saver because had I been in outside lane would have been hit from behind. Luckily for me I'm purchased an extended warranty. Well here we are 3 months later and the same thing occurred, foot on gas pedal but car wasn't moving. I believe it's the cvt that's causing the problem with this car. Nissan won't do a recall until lives have been lost which is unfortunate. Still under warranty but I'm afraid to continue driving this car. Another I noticed is the service light doesn't come on until after the fact. If anyone knows of a class action suit please let me know. This situation is very dangerous and must be addressed by Nissan USA.

Original review: July 7, 2017

2013 Nissan Sentra transmission failed at 74,000 miles without any warning while we were traveling on a busy highway on the way home from a long road trip. While driving at an speed of approximately 70-75 mph in TN on the highway the vehicle began decelerate and the RPM's just kept revving up. It was just me (a female) and my two year old daughter in the vehicle. I attempted to the emergency shoulder with my hazards on trying to avoid being hit by a transfer truck and several vehicles. I shut the car off to see what was going on and was afraid of what just occurred. I started the engine back and it began driving fine for about 10 mins on the highway and then it decelerated again near the Atlanta area and totally lost driving power. I was 3 hours from home and had to call for help. I immediately called the dealership the next morning and advised them of the issue and engine codes received from an auto store.

I then contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs to notify them of the transmission failure and they advised to simply take it to the dealership for repair since it was outside of warranty. The dealership quoted us a price of $3600 before taxes and advised that they have several issues with CVT transmissions but that's just the nature of them. I have concerns that this is a potential safety hazard while driving on the highway after review and in depth research of the faulty transmission issues several Nissan owners have faced in the past few years. Additionally, the cost effectiveness of the issue is causing hardship on customers that rely on the brand and safety features Nissan is continuing to advertise. Nissan's Commitment: Dear Nissan Sentra Owner: Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product safety, quality and customer satisfaction. (Statement is null and void per this concerned customer.)

Original review: July 6, 2017

At 65K miles I started experiencing racing RPMs while driving on 07/04/2017 without matching acceleration. Pressing the accelerator in DRIVE gets no response from the accelerator, especially on an incline, making this vehicle too dangerous to drive. Fortunately I reached my destination safely but had my pastor and family follow me to the automotive repair shop. I dropped the Sentra off the same day. This independent service center found a diagnosis code for a transmission module, however the transmission may need to be replaced. I will be contacting Nissan corporate and following up with appropriate action. Nissan cannot ignore this dangerous problem from this many reported incidents. I wish I could have had someone with me 07/04/2017 to have made a video for documentation when this happened but I didn't have a passenger. I am wishing for a good response but after reading these reviews am not hopeful.

Original review: July 3, 2017

My Nissan Sentra has the same transmission problems. RPMs rev up and speed slows down. All service techs tell me I was lucky to make it to 100,000 miles. I will never buy a Nissan or recommend a Nissan.

Original review: June 28, 2017

It's the worst car I've ever had... I never reviewed any car in my life but this 2014 Nissan Sentra it only had 30k miles when I bought it. Less than 3000 miles later the transmission stopped shifting and I took it to the dealer and all I got was the runaround. Never going to Nissan dealer again.

Nissan Sentra Company Information