Nissan Sentra
1.36/5
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Nissan Sentra

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 14, 2018

327 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We have a Nissan Sentra 2013 with less than 95k miles that was maintained regularly. Its transmission broke today and will cost $4-5k to repair. We spent $2k two months ago on the engine. This car has been a nightmare and of course Nissan won't cover it under its warranty. Very disappointed and willing to file a lawsuit against Nissan. This cheap brand is putting lives at risk with their crappy products at this point.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was reading all the reviews with similar complaints to mine. I purchased a Nissan Sentra 2013 for my daughter, I wanted her to be in a safe car when she went away for college. What a mistake this purchase has turned out to be!! First the car completely stalled on the highway when it was less than 3 years old. She was very fortunate she wasn't injured but she was definitely traumatized by the experience. Recently at 70k miles she was having issues with the car accelerating and stalling as well as the RPMs. She was told she needed a new transmission. Nissan agreed to pay for 50% of the repairs with the stipulation the car had to be repaired at one of their dealerships. That was a $1900 cost for me, still quite expensive.

One month later the same problem persists and Nissan is adamant there is nothing wrong with the car. We called corporate, complained to the BBB to no avail. After reading all these reviews with similar complaints I am furious that they continue to sell these cars that are obviously unsafe. If you are reading this and value your life as that of your loved one DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE or any Nissan for that matter. They know this car has problems and are not assuming accountability.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I bought a 2014 Nissan Sentra 2 years ago. I hear weird sounds, and since I had a "lifetime warranty" I took it to the shop. $250 later I have transmission failure that my warranty refused to fix, because one time I did not "flush my brake lines as indicated in the owners manual". How does that affect a transmission and cause it to wear out at 72,000 miles?!?! No car should need a BRAND NEW TRANSMISSION under 100,000. Nissan is selling a CRAP QUALITY CAR. I even contacted the Nissan Company and they refused to cover it. What an awful company. For clarity I did get my oil and filter changed every 5,000 miles. I am getting it repaired and selling it immediately to get a Honda. Don't waste your money. Do not give your money to Nissan. It is a ** company just doesn't sell quality products and backs out of guaranteeing their quality.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Purchased my 2013 Nissan Sentra with 38k miles. 2 years (to the day) & another 34k miles later I started up my car and it would not drive faster than 20 MPH. Luckily I was in a safe spot. Wasn't until after this happened that I did my research and found out I'm not the only one this has happened to. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones making it to 72K. Called Nissan and since I am out of warranty- they're only willing to pay for half the repair. Guess something is better than nothing.

More angry that this is a KNOWN problem for this transmission. They even issued an extended warranty for cars 2010 & earlier using the SAME transmission. Have had 2 mechanics give me pricing. One explained he looked up the price a week before I called for ANOTHER 2013 Nissan in the area. One of them knew the cost off the top of his head. He's had the same call so often. THIS IS NOT OK. If you are STILL making cars with this transmission you should offer the warranty to EVERYONE who has one. There are MANY class action lawsuits going on about this exact problem. Nissan is EXTREMELY ignorant to this problem even though it is staring them in the face. Will never purchase, consider or recommend a Nissan to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Car struggled and RPMs, kept going up and down until the gear would change with a click. When starting to drive the car takes long to accelerate. Took car to Nissan for a diagnostic testing and was told that CVT transmission needs to be replaced. Service adviser stated that there have been issues with this model regarding transmission. Car is only 3 years old. When looking at Business Bureau there are other people with the same car having the same issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Purchased new off the lot 2015 Nissan Sentra. 2 1/2 years later needs new transmission for 4k! Extremely disappointed due to I'm still paying for this car! Thought Nissan was a reputable vehicle company. I WAS VERY WRONG!!! Service said they could do nothing about it because my mileage being at 63k was not within warranty! I have had other car shops tell me the CVT on these cars are no good! While Nissan is absolutely still doing nothing about it!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

We purchased this car for my daughter who is a college student, because we thought Nissan was a reputable company with reliable vehicles. Boy, were we wrong. At 79k miles, the 2013 Nissan Sentra transmission went out in rush hour traffic, almost causing an accident. Brought it to our mechanic who diagnosed a faulty/bad transmission and said he is seeing a lot of Nissan transmission failures - so many that he told us that the Nissan dealership keeps replacement transmissions in stock which, according to our mechanic, is highly unusual.

Called Nissan Consumer Affairs, but they were very unhelpful - simply assigned a "case #" and documented the issue. Their "solution" was for me to have it towed to the local dealer (at my expense) and have a certified Nissan mechanic diagnose the bad transmission (again, at my expense), but that it is not covered under warranty after 60k. I called the dealer and the service dept. representative confirmed that Nissan will not cover the bad transmission. Unbelievable. Had to pay $3600 for a new transmission that our mechanic purchased directly from the dealer.

Looking into a class action lawsuit to remedy the situation. I cannot believe that Nissan is knowingly selling with faulty transmissions with no recall or extended warranty. In many cases, they are putting lives in danger - especially when the vehicles break down in traffic. Nissan has already had to extend warranties on other Nissan models for faulty transmissions (due to another class action lawsuit). Will NEVER purchase a Nissan again and am sharing my story widely.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I've had my 2014 Nissan Sentra for almost one year. Recently started having transmission problems. Before purchasing I wasn't not aware of this problem with Nissan's transmissions. It's out of warranty, sent an email to Nissan corporate with no response. Struggling mother of two and having major car problems. I am at a loss. Car stammers studders just CRAP. Still paying on this junk car as well. For the amount of complaints there should be a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for Nissan!!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Will never buy another Nissan. I bought a 2015 Nissan Sentra brand new off the lot in April 2015. Two years later, I first had acceleration issues (when I took off from a light or stop sign, the response was really slow and I had hesitation during acceleration). This problem was random and occurred only three times in a 6 month period, so I assumed it was bad gas as the engine light did not come on. Two weeks ago the problem came back when I was driving home from work, and by the time I got home it would no longer accelerate at all, and the engine light finally came on after this happened.

I am fortunate I made it home, but now the transmission is shot, it has only 60,200 miles on it, and because I am just over the 60K, it is not under warranty. From what I am reading, the CVT transmissions are horrible, and I do not want to keep having to buy new transmissions for this vehicle because they are prone to go bad. I am still paying for the car and can't afford a new transmission every few years and when I called Nissan, their service center said they are not aware of any issues with the CVT. I bought this car because I needed a reliable car to get me back and forth to work - guess I picked the wrong vehicle. Nissan has lost my business and I will not recommend on to anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I got a 2015 Nissan Sentra S in November 2016 with 40k miles on it. Within 2 weeks it needed a new transmission. It was covered under warranty. Fine. 1 year later, it needed yet another transmission. This time I took it to AAMCO and paid over $3,000. Not even 3 months later, guess what? It needs a new transmission again! Every auto repair place I talk to tells me the CVT is junk. Why has this not been corrected??? I used to think Nissan made a good product, right up there with Toyota. Wow I was wrong! Now what?

Resolution response: Dec. 25, 2017

Nissan was beyond helpful in resolving my issues. The lady who helped me was professional and understanding. My opinion greatly changed after the assistance i received.

Initially my post was made prior to hearing from Nissan. It was to share my experience with the car. But since i am happy. ☺

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My car has now just over 72000 miles on it and well out of warranty. My car started to stall, refused to go and would require me to shut off the car for about 10 seconds. Had several places look at it for opinions. Finally called Nissan consumer affairs and explained I see many people complaining about transmission failure. Local Nissan dealer has confirmed transmission (cvt) needs to be replaced. Explained, I was told Nissan was reliable and low maintenance which helped me to purchase the 2013 Sentra brand new in 2013. I still owe money on the car and now lost. I don’t have the money to fix the car nor purchase a used or new car. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Just like the reviews from other 2013 Nissan Sentra owners, my Sentra has 71000 miles and the transmission has begun having issues. There is sputtering when the drive begins and the engine is cold. The car feels like it is dragging. Very disappointed. Will not buy another Nissan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

If I could give this car 0 stars, I would! I'll never again in life buy or recommend Nissan to anyone. I loved this 2014 Nissan Sentra at first but looks like as soon as I hit over 100,000 miles everything just fell apart. The infamous CVT went out at 109,000 miles and Nissan paid 70%, which I accepted because I did not feel like fighting with them. That 30% still hurt me financially as I'm a college student. I get my car back and there's a rattling noise. I thought that was strange after having a CVT replacement.

I take it back to Don Davis Nissan in Arlington, Texas and they tell me my catalytic converter failed... I looked at them with disgust. How does my catalytic converter fail?! Quoted $1100 to fix... Nope I don't have another $1100 to give Nissan. I finally get it replaced at a muffler shop and turns out that wasn't even the issue! I'm out of more money because the techs have no clue what they are talking about and have to make another visit to the dealer to figure out what is causing my car to rattle up on start and even when I'm driving. This car has been a nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have a 2013 Nissan Sentra and I have been having minor problems with the transmission. I took it to Nissan dealership back in July 2017 let them know. They wanted to charge me 150.00 just to look at it. It is now November 2017. My car gave out on me while driving with my 10 yr old son. My car has warranty until 60,000 and it currently has 59,000 so I made it just in time but reading these reviews I'm sure this isn't problem isn't over for me. I will never purchase a Nissan again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Purchased a 2015 Nissan Sentra for my daughter to use for college and work. Thought Nissan was a reputable company, similar to my experiences with Toyota and Honda/Acura, but I was OHHH SO WRONG. The transmission on my daughter's Nissan Sentra has been stuttering/slamming since 90k, outside the warranty timeframe. Had it checked by Nissan dealership, confirmed transmission needs replacement, contacted corporate, and after investigation, they said that NO help could be offered due to mileage warranty expiration. Don't have these problems with Toyota, should have stayed with Toyota, my '04 Corolla has 204000 miles and still running, sooner or later a repair will be required but says a lot about quality.

Nissan should be held accountable for their misrepresented quality product as I see many of the other reviewers have same/similar problems going on. Nissan does NOT represent a quality product, they are at the bottom of food chain for their product and are misleading consumer with their misguided value/quality and flooding market with basically a throw away product. Never seem to have this problem with Toyota or Honda. I hope that there is a sharp lawyer out there that sees the potential of a class action suit to help out Johnny consumer with this problem of "Nissan". Please contact me in regards to class action suit if anyone knows of any. There are a lot of consumer out here that have been hurt financially due to the lack of Nissan standing behind their customers and product.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I purchase this car brand new 2016 edition. After the first month I started noticing a weird sound when going over 60 mph. At the beginning I thought it was the wind. I did not pay attention to it, and now just have over a year now with the car and I started noticing how the acceleration pulls back when going from the 2nd shift to 3rd shift. Now the manufacturer warranty has expired. I'm on my own... Don't buy this car overall. It is the second Nissan with transmission issues that I have over the last 8 years, last one was the Nissan Rogue '08. I believe I have learned the lesson... Nissan sucks.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

CVT WILL fail, don't expect more than 100k, new CVT costs $4-5k. One of the worst designed CVTs ever made. If you have your Nissan with CVT for more than 60k, get rid of it immediately. It will not likely make it past 100k miles. Nissan is well aware of the problem and will not do anything. 13%+ (4x the national average) will fail within 3 years. Hopefully there is another class action threat so they address this issue like they had to for their earlier CVTs. They promised a better design but from 2013 onward there is no significant difference in failure rates.

The problem is with the CVT overheating, at that point damage WILL be done. They describe in internal service bulletins that this CVT is prone to overheat and cause problems if you "drive 65 mph or more, for 1-1.5 hours, drive in hilly conditions or when the temperature is at or above 95 degrees". ARE YOU KIDDING ME! How do they sell a car that will fail if you drive 65mph for an hour or on hills, or even in the summer or south!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have a 2014 Nissan Sentra SR. I've done scheduled services on my CVT transmission every 30,000 miles. I've had this vehicle for 2 years and bought it with 5,900 miles. At approximately 157,000 miles the CVT has failed. I realize that's substantial miles, however I still owe on this vehicle and was hoping that it would last much longer than this considering I've done the transmission service as recommended. That CVT is crap in this car and this will be the last Nissan I buy. Filed a formal complaint with Nissan USA but got no assistance at all.

I'm a single parent and depend on my car as my source of income. I cannot afford a $3600 repair to fix this. Also in addition to the transmission CVT going out, in the process of attempting to attain financing for the repair and many attempts to find funding for the repair, I've found that due to the recent Equifax security breach I'm getting declined due to inaccuracies on my reports. This has got to be the toughest situation I've been in with a car. I just want people to know that Nissan CVT transmissions are crap, Nissan knows this and they can't even get parts to rebuild it. Terrible! Never buy a Nissan! It's crap and Nissan Corporate USA is a joke!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

This car is dangerous, I have two kids and the car is jerking in busy traffic. I said something about the way the car shift gears when I purchased it a year ago. The dealership blamed it on the type of engine in the Nissans. I'm trying to get out of this car asap.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Bought my little 2013 Nissan Sentra in April 2016 with 37,000 miles and 1 month later the transmission left me stranded on the side of the road. Transmission was replaced at that time. Now @ 69K miles yet another transmission which of course was "out of warranty" and was not covered by Nissan. I was told by the service adviser @ Town Center Nissan to not push corporate to cover the total cost. So, I have a car that I don't trust, is on the 3rd transmission, and I am out a lot of money! This seems to be a definite problem for Nissan. Just want Nissan to step up and make things right! I am a single mom that works hard for what I have and am very discouraged by how Nissan is not taking ownership of their KNOWN problems. When you research 2013 Nissan Sentra the bulletins are endless! I had heard for years that Nissans are wonderful and would go for hundreds of thousands of miles with no trouble. NOT THE CASE with this car.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I am the first owner of my 2013 Nissan Sentra. I have had some issues with the car and do not feel safe driving the car. Unfortunately, I still have about 1 1/2years before it is paid off. I cannot place the rest of my loan on top of a new loan. After I bought my car, I noticed the carpet was not sealed correctly around the doors and when I took the car in to be cleaned and detailed, I was told there was a spot on the back door that seemed to be dented and repainted. I didn't not know about these issues when I bought the car. When asking the dealer about it, it was too late because I already bought the car and they didn't care. In June of this year I started having rapidly increasing and decreasing RPMS and the car would not accelerate like normal. I was advised to take the car in for a transmission fluid change. I was never told that I was supposed to take it to the dealer for the work.

After the transmission fluid change, I read about the ongoing problems and lawsuits that Nissan has about their CVT transmissions. I also read about a recall that happened in 2013 which I was never notified. I took it to the dealer to have the CVT recall completed. I was told by several Nissan employees that the recall repairs would fix the problem. A few weeks later, my car stopped and shut down in the middle of traffic on extremely busy road with no warning, no signal lights and no noise. It just stopped. I WAS STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF A DANGEROUS ROAD with many vehicles honking, giving me gestures and swerving to avoid hitting me. Someone could have been seriously hurt. It finally started and I slowly made it to work, then my car would not start. I called the dealer and I had the car towed to the dealership. The dealership argued with me and said there was no possible way the problem was a CVT issue.

After several tests, they discovered the transmission needed to be replaced. Then, one employee tried to blame me for the issue because I had the transmission fluid change was completed at another company. He told me that was the cause of my problems. However, that is not the reason because the problem was happening before I had that done. It seems that Nissan doesn't care about their customers or safety and just wants their money. I feel they are not honest at all. I have been told that by several Nissan employees that their CVTS are junk and unsafe, others deny it.

Now I am having very similar issues and spent 5 hours at the dealership yesterday and they cannot find the problem or fix the issues. I need to speak to someone at Nissan to get out of this loan and out of this unsafe vehicle. I am hoping that someone at this company might be honest and helpful. I do not want to drive this car anymore because it is unsafe and does not accelerate properly so it cannot keep proper speeds on roads or highways to keep up with other vehicles. At this point I am not sure if Nissan has any vehicles safe driving.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got 2013 Nissan Sentra only 70k miles. Now Transmission need to replace. I’m still paying for it. I bought it brand new. This car need to be recall. My first car is 1993 Nissan Sentra 280000 I never replace the transmission. Now it’s all about money. Not Safety. Nissan doesn’t care if you die on the road.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I bought my 2015 Nissan Sentra SV in December 2016. It's now September 2017 and my transmission has to be replaced, my car only has 62,000 miles on it! This is an ongoing problem from Nissan and they aren't doing anything to fix the problem, now I have to fork out $3,300 to have a new transmission put in! Nissan is a serious joke! They need to fix their mistakes before someone gets killed in one of these cars they keep swearing are safe!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought a 2013 Nissan Sentra in 2015. Transmission start going out and they want 3,600 for a used transmission. This is the worst car ever. Will NEVER buy another Nissan again. They use to be good cars but now they are a piece of **. They really need to do a recall on them, poorly made!! I give them one star, and that is too high.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

2015 Nissan Sentra - 65k miles and transmission failure! Was driving last night (9/16/17) and heard a funny noise when the car shifted up in gear then pressed the gas and nothing. Car would not accelerate. Stopped on side of the road and attempted to pull forward, the transmission engaged but shifted so hard I was afraid the transmission might fall out of the car. I'm so frustrated! I'm still paying on this stupid car! I need to contact a lemon lawyer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We purchased a brand new 2016 Nissan Sentra for our daughter in August 2016. A year later, at 6200 miles, the transmission is starting to have problems. When trying to accelerate on the freeway, when you push on the gas, the RPMs will rev but there is a noticeable delay in acceleration/power. Also happens when you want to change lanes and need a quick burst of power. Brought car into Stadium Nissan where it was originally purchased. They could not find any error codes and thus "Couldn't duplicate the problem."

A Service Technician test drove the car with us (with his computer hooked up to car) and recorded the acceleration activity. I was driving, he was recording. He said, "Nothing was coming up out of the ordinary." The Service Foreman agreed to test drive the car with us but this time, he was driving the car. He said he noticed a slight delay in acceleration but said that since the car only had 6200 miles on it and the delay was not bad enough, Nissan would not replace the transmission. He advised us, "Not to try to accelerate in front of cars if we didn't think we could make it and continue driving it to see if it will fail more."

Glad the dealership was not dismissive of our concerns and was willing to go for test drives but I am extremely unhappy with the car's transmission issues. After reading other reviews, I am worried about the safety of my daughter. I am also worried about the car Decelerating (from other reviews), a problem we haven't experienced yet but which could get her killed. I would be willing to join a class action lawsuit to get this problem resolved.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

As I'm reading the reviews I see that this is an ongoing problem with Nissan Sentra. I have a 2014 model which I purchased brand new in the year of 2015. I have only all this, years and a half and I have maintained all scheduled appointments and services. First of all that's parents right. After my car receipt over 36,000 mile tire sensor went out. The repair for that will be over $370 which I could not afford. I have noticed that the car rattles in the back. I hear noises all the time. I just had to put all brand new tires right up. I got 60,000 miles on the car. I have maintained having frequent oil changes every 3000 miles with synthetic oil which is costing me right at $68 per oil change.

I do understand the process of maintaining the vehicle is expensive. But now I'm faced with a decision on if I should get rid of my car because now after driving home on the freeway on Sunday night, my car would not drive properly. I was traveling at 80 mph and all of a sudden I had this RPMs racing in the car just losing power and I have cars behind me on my trail and I truly felt like I could die. I was scared out of my mind and my daughter was fighting as well. And when I finally was able to slow down and make a clear exit off the ramp I made a complete stop.

After stopping the car at like it didn't even want to shift into drive to go up to my house. From this point on it soak up roughly 24 minutes to get home. The car is shut off on me numerous times. I had to turn off the car and restored it just to go 30 feet. When I tried to get into my home the call would not go in reverse. After explaining this to my husband what was going on with the car we decided to collectively take the car to Michael Jordan Nissan of Durham North Carolina. I purchased a vehicle at Cav Road Nissan of Rocky Mount North Carolina.

The next morning I got up to travel to dealership to get my car there. I speak with Alice at the service department and she said they would charge me $130 to do the diagnostic. I'm not sure why they charge people to do a diagnostic on the car but if it's your car you she want to know what's wrong with your car. This service should be something that you offer your customers free. Yes I don't have the best credit because as a parent and a college student we have numerous bills. As I'm so overwhelmed with the situation that I have actually been crying for the last four days. I have read all these complaints about Nissan and reading up on the type of transmission that was Actually in this vehicle. It seems as if we as consumer have been deceived.

We purchased a vehicle not knowing that this CVT transmission is the same transmission that Nissan Sentra has had problems with since there are only 2003. I'm not sure why they were actually put this in the newer models knowing that the problem has not been corrected. All the transmission has not been modified or changed since 2003. After 2003 if she doesn't send they replace and did it standard warranty on the CST transmission but now it's 2013. The problem has a reoccur again with the same transmission and it seems as if the consumers are still having to be held accountable for making up bad decision to buy the products which they don't back up.

I have 64,802 miles on my vehicle which is out of the original warranty or powertrain warranty but it as if these manufacturing know that these major parts of a car should be powertrain At least until you have 100,000 miles or 120,000 miles. What good does it do to buy a brand new car and it's only cover up to 60,000 miles when the core actually starts breaking down after the 60,000 miles. It's like we're been to seize. I just don't have $4085 to do the repair. I live off of fixed income. My husband just started a new job and unfortunately our finances are not great. We barely can survive without this big expensive repair.

I spoke with someone at the Nissan motor company by the name of Summer and she gave me my case number. I was informed to contact them with the possibility of them help me cover some of the costs. Unfortunately they only came back with they will only cover 75% of the calls because it is out of the original warranty but I'm not satisfied with the answer because it still leaves me with paying out of my pocket $1000 and I don't have $1000 saved for repairs. This is now a burden to my family because now we don't have but one car and my husband works 42 miles away from the house.

I can't afford to make car payments and get this repair done and is going to mess up my credit. I'm at a standstill because either way the repair has to be done but I cannot afford the repair. I think Nissan should've stop selling the Santa Rosa until they actually resolve the problems with the transmission. My daughter and I could have been Killed. I am very disappointed with Nissan and I would never purchase another Nissan in my life. Speaking with corporate has really opened my eyes that these people are not for their consumers that they're only in it to make money.

Car companies are the biggest ripples off in the World along with their financing companies! Nissan you suck and I hate I ever bought this car. Now my daughter has a Versa and I'm trying to get her out of this car as soon as possible. We will go with a more dependable company that is not foreign. We were actually going with Ford product Who value their customers’ life and the safety of them. I can't wait for a lawsuit to be filed against you guys for death by motor vehicle because you know of this problem and you have not tried to fix it will do a recall on this vehicle.

As a Christian woman I am totally displease and it's not often that I get out of character but I have to stand up against injustice, corruption, been deceived, jeopardizing my family safety. Or if it comes to my finances. We need to be more trim boycotting your products because you know of this faulty transmission and you still have not resolved it or try to come back & replace these transmission free of charge.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Sentra with 40,000 miles on it. I needed a safe reliable car as I am young and just starting my career. It now has 66,000 miles and is having major problems with accelerating and shifting gears. The RPMs will be revving really high while the speed will be 40 mph. This randomly will happen on the freeway and is very scary. Going up a hill is nearly impossible. I took it to the shop and they told me that I needed a new transmission. He also said that this type of transmission has a lot of problems. I really thought Nissan would be a good car but this is the most car trouble I have ever had. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable car I would stay away from this one.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

In May 2017 I purchased a 2014 Nissan Sentra from a dealer... Aug. 2017 I started having problems with the car on my way to work like most of the issues I see on here with the same car. I would press on the gas, it wouldn't gain speed. It would only revved up and jerk and stall as if I had it in neutral. My RPM would be racing up and down and no acceleration... After about 3 weeks the dealership finally pick the car up literally 1 day before my 3 month warranty went out... Now I'm been told it's the transmission and even though my warranty is out they will still pay 50% for parts and labor but I got to pay 1500... Not only have I lost my job 'cause I work 50 miles from my job and had no way of getting there the past 3 weeks but I'm a single mom of 4 and don't have the funds to pay for this... SMH advice on what legal action can I take.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I purchased a brand new 2013 Nissan Sentra in February, 2014, a month ago I noticed shifting problems with CVT transmission, car has 72,000 miles on it, I found that they extended the warranty to 10 years / 120,000 miles on previous models but ended in 2010, I guess they should extended on newer models, as I see transmissions problems continue.

Nissan Sentra Company Information

Nissan
www.nissanusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use