3.53/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Sentra

The Nissan Sentra is a compact car that was first introduced in 1982. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Sentra Reviews

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

My 2013 Nissan Sentra has had the same type of CVT problem related symptoms as many others have posted (complete loss of acceleration with the engine revving high with rpms at 5 almost as if if you suddenly were in neutral but actually in drive with transmissions issues). The local Nissan dealership on Wendover ave in Greensboro, NC diagnosed the car as needing a new valve body and they replaced it. 3 weeks later the car is having the same problems again with CVT slippage and loss of acceleration. There was never an engine light and no Diagnosis codes were found when I scanned for them using the CVTz50 app which reads TCM codes on 2013 Nissan Sentras.

I suspect that the cooling system for the transmission is inefficient. Needless to say these cars can be dangerous to drive. I lost power while getting on the highway which made me have to pull over and reattempt acceleration (which the acceleration returned luckily). These symptoms just get worse until it’s completely undriveable (just like before they replaced the valve body). Maybe Nissan will double their warranty.. meanwhile the complaints just keep growing on here it seems.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Bought a new 2018 Nissan Sentra. Leaked DUST as if the windows were down. 1200 miles, 6 hours drive time, plus time at the dealer finally fixed. Came from factory with a missing part. Am I not worth anything?

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I bought a used Nissan with good mileage last year. Out of nowhere car wouldn't go past 45 mph on the freeway and automatically gave up. Had to call Nissan and said they couldn't cover and now I'm stuck having to find and pay the mechanic and 2000.00 for a used transmission.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I purchased my 2015 Nissan Sentra brand new. I drove off the lot with the mileage that I put on it when test driving it. I had the perfect car until 2017... My transmission went out. I had to get it replaced. No problem.... It happens right. 2018 my transmission goes out AGAIN. It gets repaired. This month (August) I take my car back to Nissan of Gallatin because while trying to speed up to at least 70 while getting on the intersection, my car wouldn't go past 45 mph. You could hear my car trying to go but it was staying at 45mph. I had to stay in the slow lane. Cars that entered the intersection from other places got on and I had to slow down a little and that's when my car cut off. So now I'm on side of the road in morning rush hour traffic with my children in the car.

Luckily I was able to get out of the road enough. We waited abt 30 mins as I made phone calls to figure out what to do. My brother said to try to restart and it started. I was very nervous because I didn't know what my car would do next. I made it to my destination which was 10 mins down the road. I called Nissan of Gallatin and I was able to drop it off (on a Friday) to get it looked at and Mitch called me on Thursday of the next week and told me IT WAS MY TRANSMISSION. I immediately get mad. Because this is the 3rd time my transmission has messed up. It has to be something else. He says, "No ma'am, you need another transmission." I said, "Ok. I'll call you back." I called 1800NISSAN1. I explained Brandon (my case manager) how this is the 3rd time with transmission issues. He responded with "It's nothing we can do." I spoke to someone above him and her name was Kina. She said the same thing.

Can someone explain to me how you guys have replaced my transmission already and within the year it needs to be done again. This is the 3rd time!!!! I don't have the money to pay for a transmission. I just had a baby. I have older children to take here and there, Drs. appts, etc. And I have a non-working unreliable car that's only 4 years old. Howwww???? Btw No one ever gave me an answer on why my car's transmission keeps going out. I don't recommend Nissan. Especially if you want to buy a new car. Customer service at Consumer Affairs is awful. Mitch at Nissan of Gallatin was amazing. He was very apologetic and comforting because like I said I was very emotional. Stay away from Nissan.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought a brand new off the lot 2019 Sentra. It didn’t have enough gas to go on the freeway. In the streets it drove well. But when I tried to go on the freeway it didn’t have the transmission power to speed up to the speed limit of 65. The RPM would go to 7-8 in the red. It enters the freeway at 40 mph, had to go on the side of the road to slowly speed up. I took it to get service and they said that that car will always perform that way. This car is a danger to the driver. Nissan needs to recall it before someone gets killed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Sentra?

Original review: June 28, 2019

2013 Nissan Sentra sr. 60k miles the CVT transmission had a total failure. My warranty covered it. My warranty is 12k miles expired and has failed again. I took the car in 4k miles before warranty expiration and told them it was failing. They tested it said nothing showed up and sent me home. I told them something was wrong and they didn't listen to me. I explained that the rpms were going crazy, it was pulling and shifting hard, and that when using cruise control on the highway flat ground the rpms were jerking around. They told me it is sensitive and that is normal and not to worry about it. I owe 8k and the car will not drive at all!!!

Original review: June 13, 2019

I leased a Nissan Sentra in April of 2018. Since then I have had nothing but problems. My car will randomly not start. It has been in the dealership multiple times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. I contacted Nissan and they are absolutely no help at all. They are trying to put it on me and I am stuck with an unreliable car. Do not purchase a Sentra! Nothing but problems

Original review: June 2, 2019

My 2015 Lease Nissan Sentra was turned over to the dealership on March 17, 2019. I am getting calls night and day to pay for a car that I don’t have. I have a new lease that replaced the 2015 Nissan. How can this situation be fix. It’s on my credit report as being delinquent. The car is just sitting at the dealership and no one is doing anything. I have made several calls, also the salesman have tried to get this resolved. I need help.

Original review: May 30, 2019

2013 Nissan Sentra CVT Transmission. Seems to me there are a lot of Transmission problems with these cars, so I think Nissan should recall especially if they want people to buy their product. I am having transmission problems also, and this is very costly especially when you have already spent a lot of money buying the car.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Purchased my 2015 Nissan Sentra SR with less than 15,000 miles. At 20,000 the issues began with my transmission. It would slip shifting from one gear to the other, no acceleration power, and at times would lose all power. Here I am at 35,000 miles and on a second transmission and it has failed once more. Save yourself the headache, the debt and avoid at all costs!

Nissan Sentra Company Information