2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5

The Nissan Sentra is a compact car that was first introduced in 1982. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Nissan Sentra Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Sentra?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Sentra?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

The worst vehicle ever. Do not purchase at all this base. On a real experience the warranty doesn’t work. It just to make you pay more money. There is an issue with the transmission. They are aware of it. That why they came with this extended warranty to make us pay but when over your KM guess you have to pay out of your package. They know it and someone need to stop them. Please don’t waste your money. Buy another better car. This real. If you don’t what is a transmission YouTube or google it. It is everywhere. The car will not accelerate. I have my car for 11month only not 1 year. Nissan Sentra, my fiancé has an Altima 2012 older car than mine. Never had this stupid problem. As a company you should be a shame of yourself. If I can someone to escape this mistake I did my job.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I knew nothing about the continuous failures of Nissan's CVT transmissions on Versas and Sentras the last seven years. I purchased a 2015 Nissan Sentra from a Hertz Car Sales agency, knowing about their previous reliability but not knowing about the years of negligence from Nissan. I also did not know there is currently a class action lawsuit against Nissan in settlement right now for the very same issue. Unfortunately I never received anything in the mail about this class action lawsuit even though I am in a database of Nissan owners.

My transmission failed two weeks ago, and finding out that I cannot join this class action lawsuit has cause undue stress on my body and I don't have the funds to get it fixed. In researching this and having my car towed to a certified repair service, I also found out the Nissan won't sell parts for these transmissions to repair services. They have made it such that these shops have to purchase an already rebuilt transmission from Nissan not knowing if the failure has been remedied or not and it could have the same parts that would fail again especially since this has been going on for so many years and Nissan even has the nerve to deny any liability in this suit...WOW they are bigger crooks than I originally thought.

They are barking up the wrong tree with me. I am going after their jugglers! They need to be held criminally accountable for this contemptible, abhorrent, heinous, deplorable, nefarious and abominable actions. It is truly a sad day for consumers when we cannot even get the justice we deserve from these criminals...all for their crooked bottom lines. Well, soon they won't know what hit them...Stay tuned for national attention to this matter!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Great ride, economical on gas and spacious car. Sits 5 well comfortably. Great storage space in trunk. Liked moon roof and color choices when I purchased mine. Very easy to drive, lightweight car. I got great gas mileage and use to drive a great deal.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Nissan Sentra is a great car overall, it is fuel efficient and can run many miles with proper maintenance. I now own a Nissan Sentra for the first time in my 20 plus years driving. I rate this vehicle over all the other vehicles I have previously owned. Highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Car intender very noisy while driving and black inside makes it hard to see settings. Cannot see controls due to black lintier while driving to adjust air, heat etc. Phone app quit working and terrible road noise, tires constantly need to have air all the time. Windows whistle while driving on highway.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My husband owned a 2015 Nissan Sentra SV, while it was decent on the features it offered, there was a huge lack in build quality. There were many mechanical issues with the vehicle, ultimately resulting with the transmission going out at 96000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The car is outstanding and reliable. I love the drive and the handling. I have had several Nissans in the past. It also holds its value. It think the car is perfect in every way. I will likely trade up to a Maxima.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

In hindsight I would not recommend purchasing a Nissan. I bought my Sentra in October 2015 and in May 2019 was informed that my transmission needed to be replaced. The warranty was for 60,000 miles which had already expired. They have several issues with their transmissions, yet it is not their fault? I will never purchase another Nissan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Love the car. Now if I could just get the battery/starter issue fixed then I would give all 5s....no one can find the problem. There is nothing like being stranded almost every morning to make your day start out right!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Terrible seat support, bad build quality, terrible dealership service department, noisy car rattles and squealing. Your back will sore after driving this, you will be waiting for the day you can finally move on to your next car.

Nissan Sentra Company Information