Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Lincoln Navigator
3.86/5

Lincoln Navigator

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

63 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

My 2015 Navigator L has an issue with unexplained wind buffeting at highway speeds. It shakes the whole vehicle similar to a tire that is out of balance. I initially thought that was the problem, but took it to several different tire stores to get checked and even high speed balanced, to no avail. If I pull up close behind a Semi-Truck the vehicle smooths out and all shaking disappears. I've taken to the dealer who replaced a rear door seal, and adjusted the Sunroof deck height which helped to a degree, but the problem still persists. I contacted Lincoln directly and was told they have no idea what the issue could be and that there are no service bulletins regarding this issue. It's a shame, because other than this one majorly irritating issue (Imagine going on a cross country trip and enduring this constant vibration the whole trip) the vehicle is a pleasure to drive.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The vehicle is beautiful. My first experience with a Lincoln after 15 years with GMC Yukon's. Had my SUV for less than 2 months, 2500 miles, and the Sunroof EXPLODED. Lincoln did not take responsibility. They wanted me to claim it on my insurance. Thankfully, my local Ford Dealer, (correct, Ford, not Lincoln), stepped up and made things right. I was left with a minimal $250 charge, (still not sure why I needed to pay anything), to fix the problem. Most disappointing of all was that nobody at Lincoln took responsibility and truly asked any questions to seek what caused the manufacturer's defect.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We purchased a new 2019 Navigator with 16 miles on the lot. It was delivered from 300 miles away. We took possession on Friday afternoon February 22, 2019. On Wednesday February 27, 2019 my wife drove it to her Dr’s appointment over an hour away. She made one stop, and the car would not start. At this point we have owned it for 100 miles. She called the local dealer and 2.5 hrs later a tech installed a new battery and she was on her way. After her appointment 12 miles later at a traffic light the car stalls at a busy intersection. She manages to coast through it and off the street. She calls the dealer and they will send a tow truck. She decides to try and start it again instead of waiting another 2.5 hours again. The car starts and she cautiously drives it to the dealer a few minutes away.

It is now March 14, 2019. The car is still in the shop, the Lincoln techs and engineers cannot figure out how to fix it. In two weeks Lincoln cannot diagnose the problem much less fix it. They were able to duplicate the engine stall my wife experienced. We understand it has gone through many tests, wires, ground connections, BCM, PCM have been checked and the dash has been removed. We have asked Lincoln to replace the vehicle, which they will not. There are no expectations the car will be roadworthy anytime soon. It appears we are stuck with an expensive car that no one can repair and if it does get repaired we feel it unsafe to drive. We purchased this vehicle for long trips with family, we will not risk our family in it.

This afternoon at 3:44 PM (3/14/19) I received a call from a Lincoln representative. He informed me that the BCM had been replaced and that the car was fixed and the car was going to be kept another day as an engineer had been test driving it. My wife got an email at 4:16 PM (3/14/19) from the service manager at the dealership that nothing had been done to the car and that they are still trying to diagnose the issue. I’m completely confused, 16 days later the Lincoln rep in another state says the BCM has been replaced and the car is fixed and less than hour later the dealership informs my wife that nothing has been replaced and the car is not fixed. My advice, don’t bother with a Lincoln representative. I’m sure the dealership working on the car would know if the car is fixed or not. Dead Navigator.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The new Navigator sticker, which I leased on 7/14/18, indicates 16 MPG city average, 21 MPG highway with a combined city/hwy of 18 MPG. I am only getting 10 MPG. This is the 5th Navigator that I have owned/leased. I live and work at the same locations for the last 30 years and have never had a MPG issue with any of my previous Navigators. After three trips to Lincoln service - they offer no explanation or help.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My 2004 Lincoln Navigator transmission cooling line rusted out. Ford/Lincoln discontinued making the replacement lines and now unable to repair. Searched internet unable to locate a replacement part. Lincoln's reason - they thought they had produced enough so they stopped making replacement parts. Very poor answer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford** LINCOLN NAVIGATOR?

Original review: June 21, 2018

I LOVE MY NAV! We bought it used and fully loaded. I couldn't have found a better truck with plenty of room for my 6-person family. It's been a few expensive fixes on it, including changing it out from air-ride to the regular suspension but overall, it's a good running vehicle. I like the in-dash navigation, heated and cooled seats, DVD player, sunroof, 4x4. And I like the wood look it has in it and the fact that even my mirrors are heated is such a great thing. However, it's been a few expensive fixes on it, including changing it out from air-ride to the regular suspension. However, it's very expensive for certain parts, the in dash navigation has to be updated by the dealership so it's out of date, and it looks horrible on the suspension when the air ride goes out. Also, I dislike that it has to have a specific type of gas.

Original review: May 9, 2018

They should do a recall on the 2004 Lincoln Navigator's rockers because they all rot out in no time and also the sensors go bad all the time but when they run good they're nice.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I own a Limo business and bought a 2018 Lincoln Navigator for my fleet. I love the vehicle though being that it just came out you get some hiccups with it. My one and only problem is the windshield. 2 months after I bought it I found a crack in the windshield, now it turns out it did not come from a rock. It was a stress fracture. Meaning when they put it in it took on too much stress and started splitting at the bottom of the window where you can see the origination point.

This would not be such a big deal to me if I would be able to get a new windshield but Lincoln builds them at a one for one vehicle not for parts. I have had this crack for close to 4 months now and it does not look good when you have customers getting in the car. I love the car and get great compliments and I'm happy I bought it but just be cautious because they may not have a part if you need something fixed. I have called Lincoln to complain and they called my Lincoln service station. Just to let you know service station can only do so much. Lincoln HQ needs to do more.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have loved Lincolns since the '70's, they set a high bar for classy American luxury. The Navigator was the first American full size luxury SUV and drew me in like a moth to a flame. I bought a '99 Navigator new in June of '99 and drove it until June of 2017. One of my employees asked me to assist him in locating a good deal on a late model Ford Expedition for his wife. I got lucky and found him a gorgeous, virtually perfect 2015 4WD Expedition with only 23K miles for about $6,000 below Kelley Blue Book. One of the perquisites of assisting he and his wife in this venture was that I got to drive it the first evening they owned it when we went out to dinner to celebrate.

I was blown away! Stunned and in awe of the amazing improvements in power, comfort, nimble handling and technological wonders. After my 20 mile drive I was hooked and the very next day found myself a 2015 Navigator Reserve (luxury edition) with only 14,000 miles. The vehicle still had the new car smell. I later found out that it belonged to an 80 year old couple who lived in a multi-million dollar home in the hills of La Crescenta California. I found all of the service records at the Glendale, CA Lincoln dealer. I was able to negotiate a price several thousand dollars below book value which sweetened the deal.

The "Reserve Edition" includes motorized retractable running boards, 22" oversized wheels and tires, an improved sound system (which is outstanding I might add) and premium leather in all of the seating, doors, armrests, console and dash areas. This vehicle is exquisite, it was love at first sight. The improvements over my '99 were incredible. The vehicle has all kinds of sound insulation including special glass to insulate the occupants from highway noises. The handling is precise and nimble and the power is ample and snappy. The twin turbo V6 surprised me, I've always been a V8 junky - my other car is a Dodge Challenger Hellcat with 707 HP so I know a thing or two about horsepower.

The 6 speed transmission and 3.73:1 gearing match the engine perfectly. Best bet is to take a thorough test drive, see for yourself. I am hoping that this lovely land yacht will be as reliable and low maintenance as my '99 which only had one issue in 18 years and 100,000 miles of ownership - the heater core sprung a leak. That was it besides regular oil changes, brakes and tires which of course are wear items.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Obviously you will be shelling out some money for cars especially when you start to peak in the luxury class but it is worth it. When you see the features and the way the car rides, you will be more than happy. It drives really smooth and almost feels like a spaceship on the road. I was very happy with the way the handle and ride felt overall. This is what luxury feels like. The exterior is beautiful and sleek. It is very up to date and as modern as you want it to be. Nothing to complain about as far as optics are concerned. You will enjoy it. It last about as long as you can expect it to. I did not have any real issues during my time. That was good because obviously those issues can be very stressful and costly. This made me feel really good about its build.

Lincoln Navigator Company Information