Lincoln Navigator
Based on 56 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Lincoln Navigator

58 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I LOVE MY NAV! We bought it used and fully loaded. I couldn't have found a better truck with plenty of room for my 6-person family. It's been a few expensive fixes on it, including changing it out from air-ride to the regular suspension but overall, it's a good running vehicle. I like the in-dash navigation, heated and cooled seats, DVD player, sunroof, 4x4. And I like the wood look it has in it and the fact that even my mirrors are heated is such a great thing. However, it's been a few expensive fixes on it, including changing it out from air-ride to the regular suspension. However, it's very expensive for certain parts, the in dash navigation has to be updated by the dealership so it's out of date, and it looks horrible on the suspension when the air ride goes out. Also, I dislike that it has to have a specific type of gas.

Original review: May 9, 2018

They should do a recall on the 2004 Lincoln Navigator's rockers because they all rot out in no time and also the sensors go bad all the time but when they run good they're nice.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I own a Limo business and bought a 2018 Lincoln Navigator for my fleet. I love the vehicle though being that it just came out you get some hiccups with it. My one and only problem is the windshield. 2 months after I bought it I found a crack in the windshield, now it turns out it did not come from a rock. It was a stress fracture. Meaning when they put it in it took on too much stress and started splitting at the bottom of the window where you can see the origination point.

This would not be such a big deal to me if I would be able to get a new windshield but Lincoln builds them at a one for one vehicle not for parts. I have had this crack for close to 4 months now and it does not look good when you have customers getting in the car. I love the car and get great compliments and I'm happy I bought it but just be cautious because they may not have a part if you need something fixed. I have called Lincoln to complain and they called my Lincoln service station. Just to let you know service station can only do so much. Lincoln HQ needs to do more.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have loved Lincolns since the '70's, they set a high bar for classy American luxury. The Navigator was the first American full size luxury SUV and drew me in like a moth to a flame. I bought a '99 Navigator new in June of '99 and drove it until June of 2017. One of my employees asked me to assist him in locating a good deal on a late model Ford Expedition for his wife. I got lucky and found him a gorgeous, virtually perfect 2015 4WD Expedition with only 23K miles for about $6,000 below Kelley Blue Book. One of the perquisites of assisting he and his wife in this venture was that I got to drive it the first evening they owned it when we went out to dinner to celebrate.

I was blown away! Stunned and in awe of the amazing improvements in power, comfort, nimble handling and technological wonders. After my 20 mile drive I was hooked and the very next day found myself a 2015 Navigator Reserve (luxury edition) with only 14,000 miles. The vehicle still had the new car smell. I later found out that it belonged to an 80 year old couple who lived in a multi-million dollar home in the hills of La Crescenta California. I found all of the service records at the Glendale, CA Lincoln dealer. I was able to negotiate a price several thousand dollars below book value which sweetened the deal.

The "Reserve Edition" includes motorized retractable running boards, 22" oversized wheels and tires, an improved sound system (which is outstanding I might add) and premium leather in all of the seating, doors, armrests, console and dash areas. This vehicle is exquisite, it was love at first sight. The improvements over my '99 were incredible. The vehicle has all kinds of sound insulation including special glass to insulate the occupants from highway noises. The handling is precise and nimble and the power is ample and snappy. The twin turbo V6 surprised me, I've always been a V8 junky - my other car is a Dodge Challenger Hellcat with 707 HP so I know a thing or two about horsepower.

The 6 speed transmission and 3.73:1 gearing match the engine perfectly. Best bet is to take a thorough test drive, see for yourself. I am hoping that this lovely land yacht will be as reliable and low maintenance as my '99 which only had one issue in 18 years and 100,000 miles of ownership - the heater core sprung a leak. That was it besides regular oil changes, brakes and tires which of course are wear items.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Obviously you will be shelling out some money for cars especially when you start to peak in the luxury class but it is worth it. When you see the features and the way the car rides, you will be more than happy. It drives really smooth and almost feels like a spaceship on the road. I was very happy with the way the handle and ride felt overall. This is what luxury feels like. The exterior is beautiful and sleek. It is very up to date and as modern as you want it to be. Nothing to complain about as far as optics are concerned. You will enjoy it. It last about as long as you can expect it to. I did not have any real issues during my time. That was good because obviously those issues can be very stressful and costly. This made me feel really good about its build.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford** LINCOLN NAVIGATOR?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

It has a lot of space and is perfect for long distance drives, comfortable for the entire family and affordable as well! Having the Lincoln has been a life saver for running errands, shopping, and everyday task. I like it very much and hope to see newer models soon! The Lincoln drives pretty good and is easy to navigate! Navigation is very important to me when purchasing a car, so this might be a keeper. The Lincoln I have is black on black with tinted windows. It does not come with tinted windows. I got that done myself. Overall nice appearance. Is a long lasting car I feel because of its built and creator so I think it is a great buy that you wouldn't regret later. Sometimes when you purchase a vehicle they have a lot of issues but not with this one.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

It has helped me out a lot. It is a very good mode of transportation for myself and my family. If it wasn't for this vehicle and its quality things for me would be very difficult. In my opinion this vehicle has very good performance. The motor is of very good quality, in my opinion. You can go high speeds if necessary without any problems or issues and is very safe; well I consider it to be very safe and would recommend to anybody. I think it has a very nice, appealing or attractive appearance that not only I like, but other people I think would like it very much. It just looks so sturdy and elegant. I can't think of any reason for someone to not like it. I have had mine for a long time now, and no problems. I also know other people who own one too and they also are very satisfied with it, and also recommend it because it does good on both short and long trips, apart from other things.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

This vehicle is great in all weather and large enough for activities like road trips and camping. Very comfortable ride. Would definitely recommend if you have a large family or like road trips. Also has a great towing capacity. Would be hard to get stuck in any type of weather. Absolutely recommend if you lived in a snowy area. Love the look of this vehicle. I don't personally like the look of new crossover SUVs so the classic full size SUV body style is particularly appealing to me. Very sleek design. Very classic. Great vehicle for durability. Nothing beats a SUV if you want something durable and this one really handles just about everything you throw at it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

It's roomy enough for my family members to ride in. I can go grocery shopping and fill it up and still have space for other things. Quiet and smooth ride, can go up hills with no problem. Very good performance. Strong engine, I can go fast if I need and slow down if necessary without any problems. Had my Navigator for a few years and still love it. My Navigator is 10 years old and the paint is still great. When I get done cleaning it people don't believe how old it is. The body is great and looks solid and just love it. Very good anywhere I drive it. I can drive 10 hours straight with no problems and maybe stop for gas and I feel very safe since I feel higher when driving next to other cars.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

No major difficulties or breakdowns, requires only general maintenance, enjoyable to drive. Safe and smooth handling, good road suspension, easy and comfortable drive, good highway and city driving, good gas mileage, easy and fun drive. Medium size SUV, not too big, not too small. Variety of colors, good, roomy shape, lots of leg room, cargo space, TV & DVD, leather and cloth seats. Quality made interior and exterior materials, heavy. Can endure hot and cold temperatures, quality tires, long lasting and long wearing interior and exterior materials.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

The value for what you get in the Lincoln Navigator is ok. It has a lot of extras you can get as most cars do nowadays. It is worth the value. The Lincoln Navigator's performance is great. It drives very smoothly on and off the highway. It breaks fast and smoothly. Great car for the money. The appearance of the Lincoln Navigator is good. They have better cars out now that have way better appearance than the Lincoln Navigator. The Lincoln Navigator is a very durable car. Of course there are cars that are more durable but also many that aren't as durable as the Lincoln Navigator.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I bought the car used. I feel like I got a great value. It was roomy and also pretty good on gas. We used the vehicle to travel to many places on vacation and were never cramped. Plenty of space. I felt like the performance was good. I eventually had to replace the motor. But I thought it was worth it for me to replace it. I got so many more years of life after I fixed the motor issue. I love the appearance and how the vehicle looks. It's a got a great body. The headlights are placed in a great spot. I can see well when driving with them placed in that spot. I love the durability. I have taken mine down plenty of backroads and mud holes. My vehicle's body has never broke. I have never lost a bumper or anything. I have pulled other vehicles out and my body never broke.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

It normally ranges between $43,000-$49,000 but in my opinion it's well worth the price but only if you're willing to pay that amount. It's the best for family vacations. I recommend it to everyone. It has a turbocharged engine which is a v8. It's like climbing into a jet and the drive of it is so smooth a lot of people compare it to a Yukon. But I'd recommend the Lincoln Navigator any day. I'd have to rate it the number one vehicle for me. It's like a big beautiful monster that drives steady and smooth and the interior is very nice. Many people look at the vehicle as if it's a big majestic beast but I absolutely love the way it looks inside and out. Durability wise it's strong and can withstand anything like hail, snow or just hard rain. It's one tough truck. You won't have to worry about many insurance claims on this vehicle so I'm very satisfied with that.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

It was my first vehicle. When I was in college it served purpose for not only me but for a lot of my college friends. It took me all over Pittsburgh and back home to Philly. It took me and my girlfriend everywhere we needed including dates. It did take 30 dollars to fill up the tank but if you kept it full it was good on gas. I never got into any accidents and it was good for the snow and Pittsburgh had a whole bunch of it. Mine was black with beige interior. It had a nice body. Just the way it looked it got a lot of girls. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone. My favorite of all the vehicles I ever had. Very durable no trouble whatsoever. Didn't have any car trouble during all the bad weather. Had no restrictions in the snow, rain or ice. Perfect truck for the conditions.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

The Navigator had a lot of room for hauling groceries and sports gear. It was a smooth drive with decent gas mileage. My family loved to take long road trips for vacation every year while riding in the Navigator. The Navigator had a lot of get up and go. The acceleration was excellent. The gas mileage was decent. The tires had a very high tread life for stock tires. Would recommend. It has the look of a basic SUV. Nothing special about its appearance. It combined style and safety in its design near perfectly. As far as SUV goes, it's a very nice looking vehicle. The Navigator is a durable vehicle. The stock tires have long tread life. The brakes lasted a very long time before having to get worked. The gas mileage is decent so no need to fill up constantly.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It has very good value. It is expensive but well worth it. It's very comfortable and luxurious, with the newest and best technology. Very smooth to drive. I have had mine for more than four years and I have never had any problems with it. Very reliable. Drives very smoothly. Good in all terrains. It is super stylish and super fancy. The interiors are very luxurious and the line is very elegant. Everywhere I go, people stare at it. It's a very flashy car. Again, I have had mine for over four years and no problems. My only complain are the wheels. I had to replace them too soon in my opinion. Otherwise, it is a very reliable vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Plenty of space for people and luggage. We took it on many family trips. We felt safe and comfortable. We also didn't have to spend a lot in repairs. We go to Florida every year for vacation. It's about a 2000 mile drive and several of our family members don't like to fly. This vehicle was roomy and smooth for long trips. We were happy. It was black, six seater with very comfortable seats. It was a push to start and had GPS capabilities. My husband and I gave it to my brother as a gift and he was very surprised and pleased. It was durable. We took many trips and rarely had to get it serviced. My brother has six kids---4 boys and 2 girls. If a vehicle can keep up with them that is saying something. It's like driving the circus around.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I loved my price and it was so easy to pay off. Monthly payments were made to fit my budget and it only took about a year to pay off and I just love it. The performance of my car was wonderful. I have always loved fast cars and the Lincoln Navi was my favorite. I still have the car and I would recommend to anyone to buy this car. The appearance was great. I love the way my car looks and I wouldn't change anything about the car and I would take anyone for a ride. It was very durable and fits up to eight people in the car. I love cruising around and just showing off my car. I love everything about it and I just enjoy everyday that I have with my car.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

Very roomy so loading the family and pet is easy and we still have room to move around. Very stylish, a great brand, safe, and reliable vehicle. Would recommend to anyone. Smooth ride, reliable, never any issues with the brakes or engine. Feels like I'm riding on cloud. Love the roomy feel on the inside of the vehicle and even when the car is loaded with my family the ride is still smooth.

No matter the color its a beautiful massive piece of machinery that is recognized by its height, weight, and design before you see the brand's name. The design is very recognizable. Nothing last forever, however, I've seen these vehicles last for more than ten years on the road a look almost brand new if well taken care of. They are built to last.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I feel so empowered by driving around in this luxury car! It's such a smooth ride. It's like sitting on a recliner and it's very comfortable cruising at any speed and in any weather conditions! It's such a smooth comfortable ride I wish my bed was this comfortable! I got tinted windows and nice wheels and when I go over a bump you can't even feel it. Acceptable gas mileage too! It's beautiful and has a shiny sparkle, speckled paint job rolling on 22s lol! I got really shiny chrome wheels and accents all around with factory tinted windows! I'm truly at baller status in this whip!! Nice big wheels with great tread and great response of the steering wheel when turning ever so slightly. Nice smooth ride because the car anticipates bumps in the road and electronically the suspension adjusts to compensate so you can't even feel it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

It has helped my business grow exponentially as well as been a big help to me and my family. It is an automotive brand that I would highly recommend. The performance of this vehicle is outstanding. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is a highly trusted brand of automotive. It is definitely worth the money. I would rate its appearance as very tasteful and appreciative. I would give it a ten out of a ten. Its appearance is very aesthetically pleasing. It is everything that it should look like. The durability is of a very professional grade.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

It was convenient when I had to take a group of kids somewhere because they could all fit and all wear seat belts. It was dependable and the only work I ever had done was oil, tires and other maintenance. Dependable, I changed the oil every 2,000 miles just to be safe and I never had any issues other than tires and things that every car has to get changed. I got complimented all the time. Mine was black with black rims and the inside looked like a high end luxury car, I loved driving it! Never had any issues! I trusted it to take my family and I on many long mile trips and we always made it with no issues or problems! It was a car that I didn't have to sink money into, once I was ready to sell it and get a new car I came out good because I never had to put money in it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

It was a luxurious vehicle, very comfortable for my family. I felt safe inside. But it also was large enough to haul big loads for home projects etc. I never had any issues with the performance. It handled very well, it was easy to use and was fast when I wanted to drive a little crazy. It was a nice looking vehicle. It was quite large and some might find it a little bit boxy, but we liked it. We had the white version and that color hid many imperfections. For such a luxurious vehicle, it really was a very durable truck. We never took it off roading but went through many bumpy area and it handled well. The interior is also very durable.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I liked the leather, the tv in the back, the luxury feeling. The seating was comfortable. The prices was well in our price range having 2 kids. They were also comfortable in the car. The car drove very smooth. I'd recommend it to my friends and I have. When my family/friends drove with us they always said it was a smooth drive. They liked and think in the future they will buy as well. When we drive it people always seem to notice our car and I like that people like our car and say so. Our Lincoln Nav is black and it's large. We can always take more people with us when we go out. Room is nice. We have leather seats which last a long time with good care. We have very little wear. Had our car for 4 years. We have changed our tires less than other cars because of the good driving.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

It has brought a lot of excellence in my life! It has brought somewhat great value in my life! I love that it looks like a sporty car! It has a lot of luxury inside the car! It's got a sunroof. The performance is very excellent! I would recommend it to everybody! I have heard really great things about the performance! It never breaks down! The appearance is very sporty looking! It drives really fast! It has some disadvantages of the appearance! It sort of looks like the appearance could be deceiving! The durability is sort of in the middle of dissatisfied and satisfied! It has some advantages and some disadvantages to the durability!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

The car was large enough for a family of 5 to travel comfortably, enough room for luggage, band equipment, and sports equipment. A pleasure to drive and to own... very nice car. I have never had mechanical issues, easy to have serviced, it drove like a very high quality expensive car. It drove wonderful in all road conditions such as snow and rain. The brand can sell itself simply on the style of its design. In my opinion it is one luxury car and can more than hold its own with more expensive brands. Still in great condition when I sold it, held its retail value very well. The seats were very comfortable, no wear or tear. The paint was still in great shape no fading.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

This car was really great. It got me back and forth to work and school. It was reliable and I never had any major problems with the vehicle. The performance is great. In any type of weather I could rely on my car getting me to where ever I needed to go. Nice and smooth drive. The appearance is beautiful. Very nice looking car. I always got compliments from family and friends about my car. The car even looked good dirty. But it shined when I washed it. It was very durable. I had my car for ten years after I bought it used. It was able to withstand a lot of abuse from my children and never broke down.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

My Lincoln Navigator was expensive; but was worth the expense since it was easy to maneuver, looked beautiful, was durable and was a joy to ride in while traveling- a true status vehicle. My Lincoln Navigator was a true performance vehicle. It was easy to drive and was a comfortable, smooth ride especially when traveling. The turn radius made it easy for me to maneuver which is important because I am petite. My vehicle was great to drive in both rainy and snowy/icy conditions and kept me safe on the road.

My Lincoln Navigation was stunningly beautiful which was mainly what impacted my decision to purchase. The classic lines and detailing of the vehicle made it eye appealing to observers along the road. The interior options made the vehicle perfect for me. We owned our Lincoln Navigator approximately 5 years and had no problems with it. Scheduled maintenance kept the vehicle running "like new" and prevented any break-downs. Vehicle components were of highest quality and provided the durability the vehicle is known for.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I scrimped and saved for years in order to afford this vehicle, and now I feel like a wealthy land owner. Nothing brings me greater joy than seeing the envy on my neighbor's faces when I drive by. This car has the smoothest ride of any I have ever ridden in. The engine is a soft but powerful purr, much like those from my cat who is also very satisfied with our new ride; he yowls much less in his car trips to the vet. Outside and in, this vehicle is slick and sensual like a jungle cat or Derek Hale. In fact, this car looks exactly like the type of car Derek Hale would own. Without a garage my car takes quite a beat down from the sun's harsh rays... but the jokes on the sun because it only makes my car sparkle and shine that much more.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

This has brought a lot of joy and value to my life. It has gotten me numerous places I needed to get and have never failed me. I'd recommend this to anyone. It's fast, durable, long lasting and very spacious. Nice interior, good speakers, great smooth drive. You will love it. Beautiful from the inside and out. Love the way it looks overall how the size is just right for me and my posture. The durability is amazing. Had this for many years and it's barely broken down plus everything stays intact.

Not sure about Lincoln Navigator?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Lincoln Navigator Company Information

Ford** LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
    www.lincoln.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business