Lincoln Navigator

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It has very good value. It is expensive but well worth it. It's very comfortable and luxurious, with the newest and best technology. Very smooth to drive. I have had mine for more than four years and I have never had any problems with it. Very reliable. Drives very smoothly. Good in all terrains. It is super stylish and super fancy. The interiors are very luxurious and the line is very elegant. Everywhere I go, people stare at it. It's a very flashy car. Again, I have had mine for over four years and no problems. My only complain are the wheels. I had to replace them too soon in my opinion. Otherwise, it is a very reliable vehicle.

I loved my price and it was so easy to pay off. Monthly payments were made to fit my budget and it only took about a year to pay off and I just love it. The performance of my car was wonderful. I have always loved fast cars and the Lincoln Navi was my favorite. I still have the car and I would recommend to anyone to buy this car. The appearance was great. I love the way my car looks and I wouldn't change anything about the car and I would take anyone for a ride. It was very durable and fits up to eight people in the car. I love cruising around and just showing off my car. I love everything about it and I just enjoy everyday that I have with my car.

Very roomy so loading the family and pet is easy and we still have room to move around. Very stylish, a great brand, safe, and reliable vehicle. Would recommend to anyone. Smooth ride, reliable, never any issues with the brakes or engine. Feels like I'm riding on cloud. Love the roomy feel on the inside of the vehicle and even when the car is loaded with my family the ride is still smooth.

No matter the color its a beautiful massive piece of machinery that is recognized by its height, weight, and design before you see the brand's name. The design is very recognizable. Nothing last forever, however, I've seen these vehicles last for more than ten years on the road a look almost brand new if well taken care of. They are built to last.

It was convenient when I had to take a group of kids somewhere because they could all fit and all wear seat belts. It was dependable and the only work I ever had done was oil, tires and other maintenance. Dependable, I changed the oil every 2,000 miles just to be safe and I never had any issues other than tires and things that every car has to get changed. I got complimented all the time. Mine was black with black rims and the inside looked like a high end luxury car, I loved driving it! Never had any issues! I trusted it to take my family and I on many long mile trips and we always made it with no issues or problems! It was a car that I didn't have to sink money into, once I was ready to sell it and get a new car I came out good because I never had to put money in it.

I liked the leather, the tv in the back, the luxury feeling. The seating was comfortable. The prices was well in our price range having 2 kids. They were also comfortable in the car. The car drove very smooth. I'd recommend it to my friends and I have. When my family/friends drove with us they always said it was a smooth drive. They liked and think in the future they will buy as well. When we drive it people always seem to notice our car and I like that people like our car and say so. Our Lincoln Nav is black and it's large. We can always take more people with us when we go out. Room is nice. We have leather seats which last a long time with good care. We have very little wear. Had our car for 4 years. We have changed our tires less than other cars because of the good driving.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford** LINCOLN NAVIGATOR?

It has brought a lot of excellence in my life! It has brought somewhat great value in my life! I love that it looks like a sporty car! It has a lot of luxury inside the car! It's got a sunroof. The performance is very excellent! I would recommend it to everybody! I have heard really great things about the performance! It never breaks down! The appearance is very sporty looking! It drives really fast! It has some disadvantages of the appearance! It sort of looks like the appearance could be deceiving! The durability is sort of in the middle of dissatisfied and satisfied! It has some advantages and some disadvantages to the durability!

The car was large enough for a family of 5 to travel comfortably, enough room for luggage, band equipment, and sports equipment. A pleasure to drive and to own... very nice car. I have never had mechanical issues, easy to have serviced, it drove like a very high quality expensive car. It drove wonderful in all road conditions such as snow and rain. The brand can sell itself simply on the style of its design. In my opinion it is one luxury car and can more than hold its own with more expensive brands. Still in great condition when I sold it, held its retail value very well. The seats were very comfortable, no wear or tear. The paint was still in great shape no fading.

This car was really great. It got me back and forth to work and school. It was reliable and I never had any major problems with the vehicle. The performance is great. In any type of weather I could rely on my car getting me to where ever I needed to go. Nice and smooth drive. The appearance is beautiful. Very nice looking car. I always got compliments from family and friends about my car. The car even looked good dirty. But it shined when I washed it. It was very durable. I had my car for ten years after I bought it used. It was able to withstand a lot of abuse from my children and never broke down.

My Lincoln Navigator was expensive; but was worth the expense since it was easy to maneuver, looked beautiful, was durable and was a joy to ride in while traveling- a true status vehicle. My Lincoln Navigator was a true performance vehicle. It was easy to drive and was a comfortable, smooth ride especially when traveling. The turn radius made it easy for me to maneuver which is important because I am petite. My vehicle was great to drive in both rainy and snowy/icy conditions and kept me safe on the road.

My Lincoln Navigation was stunningly beautiful which was mainly what impacted my decision to purchase. The classic lines and detailing of the vehicle made it eye appealing to observers along the road. The interior options made the vehicle perfect for me. We owned our Lincoln Navigator approximately 5 years and had no problems with it. Scheduled maintenance kept the vehicle running "like new" and prevented any break-downs. Vehicle components were of highest quality and provided the durability the vehicle is known for.

I scrimped and saved for years in order to afford this vehicle, and now I feel like a wealthy land owner. Nothing brings me greater joy than seeing the envy on my neighbor's faces when I drive by. This car has the smoothest ride of any I have ever ridden in. The engine is a soft but powerful purr, much like those from my cat who is also very satisfied with our new ride; he yowls much less in his car trips to the vet. Outside and in, this vehicle is slick and sensual like a jungle cat or Derek Hale. In fact, this car looks exactly like the type of car Derek Hale would own. Without a garage my car takes quite a beat down from the sun's harsh rays... but the jokes on the sun because it only makes my car sparkle and shine that much more.

This has brought a lot of joy and value to my life. It has gotten me numerous places I needed to get and have never failed me. I'd recommend this to anyone. It's fast, durable, long lasting and very spacious. Nice interior, good speakers, great smooth drive. You will love it. Beautiful from the inside and out. Love the way it looks overall how the size is just right for me and my posture. The durability is amazing. Had this for many years and it's barely broken down plus everything stays intact.

I owned this car when I was 21. I saved my money for years to be able to get this car & it made me feel so good to be able to do something so positive in my life when growing up I had nothing. It brought me great joy and I felt so proud of myself to be able to show what I did. I'd recommend this car over any other. Lincoln Navigator has always been traditional truck based SUV with standard V8 power.

Over the years, the Navigator has offered seating for seven to eight and plenty of cargo and towing capacity. As such, it often appeals to large families and/or those with a boat or trailer to tow. It's also a great vehicle for a family. It's a beauty, I will say that much!!! It's a luxury and something to be proud of. It has leather seats, room for passengers to sit comfortably without feeling cramped, footrests in the back seat. A very nice stereo system. It is one of the top reviewed for reliability, the are great vehicles 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that is responsive and provides adequate power.

Buying this SUV has helped me be able to take road trips with friends and be able to fit many things in it. It's luxurious and has so much room and is very comfortable. It drives really good and handles really well. I have never had a problem with it and it's great for trips or just everyday tasks. You won't be disappointed with this vehicle. It will change your life completely. It's sleek and is well built. Its appearance is striking and it looks like a luxury vehicle. It's beautiful and shiny and if you take care of it it will look great. It has lasted me a long time. I have not had any problems and I have taken many trips and used a lot of miles and it still looks good and drives good.

The product, car, was a reliable, sturdy, handled well in all types of weather, very few problems or repairs, safety factor was high, good customer service. Good braking, steering. Appearance was very appealing, would be a good fit almost everyone, good color selections, great interior and quality of interior and add ins are of a high quality. Exterior and interior showed no signs of extreme wear if taken care of well.

Spacious, quiet and comfortable ride. Gas mileage good, better to keep it full, top off at 1/2 tank. Has a third row seat which could be taken out if room is needed instead of the seating. Air/heat vents throughout so everyone is comfortable. Nicely lit up dashboard with cruise control. The performance was excellent, better ride on the open road. Glides right along, quick start off. Breaking system and air bags are excellent. Recommend using Premium gas for better optimum experience with your gas mileage.

The Navigator has what I call a high class look with a very nice detailed design. It is a 4 door with a back hatch that opens up all the way or if you just want to open the back window for easy access, you can. Has a rack on the roof for extra storage space if needed and running boards to help get into the vehicle but also makes it look more sophisticated. Power windows and power locks, the Navigator doors all lock as soon as it is put into gear for safety. The durability of the Navigator is definitely one you can depend on to get you through whatever you're traveling. The 4 wheel drive is a turn of a knob as you completely stop, engage it, then go. It will get you through sand, mud, ice, snow, but I don't recommend high water for any vehicle, heavy rain, definitely exceptional.

My 2004 Lincoln navigator got a spark plug broke inside the cylinder and ruined the motor. Now ford wants $8000 for a new engine. They know about this problem and they have not fixed it. What's going to take for ford to fix this problem. Now I have $50,000 piece of junk in my drive way. FIX THE PROBLEM FORD.

Everyone who is planning to buy Navigator L 2016/2017: WARNING: DO NOT BUY IT. This SUV looks very elegant, but has too many problems. The sync feature is NOT seamless, it is full of glitches. It has a transmission problems, it's not sound proof, you hear the wind sound. Compared to the Camry I use to for my personal, this SUV is a ripoff for the price they sell. Again: DO NOT BUY LINCOLN NAVIGATOR L. I purchased two SUVs on the same day. One SUV had display glitches. We go to the dealer (Highland Park Ford/Lincoln, IL) for a checkup. During the Checkup/Testing the display fails. My nice driver without complaining drives the SUV for six weeks. When I complained to the Matt ** at the dealership, he got the motherboard switched and it started working.

The Second one's story is more weirder than the first one. I am driving to Chicago on the highway and the SUV gives a jerk like I tapped on the brakes and simultaneously the check engine light turns on. This is at 750 mile on the Odometer. I take it to the dealer and they fix it in one day and on the road rolling. At 7000+ miles the same SUV starts to bounce like a horse (rides rough). I take it to the dealer, and I am told that this would take a week. I am thinking that this guy is trying to funny. But it turns out that SUV which put only 8000 miles purchased in June 2016 has a cracked engine head in October 2016 with 8000 on it. Unbelievable!!!

Then the dealer's shop takes 16 days to fix it, which any auto shop outside finishes in 4 maximum days. I purchased these SUVs for Limousine service. My customers are very important people who can't afford to lose time, many people depend on them and to drive people like that around, I should be having a reliable SUVs. I call the Customer service for compensation but they tell me that it is not promised in the warranty. These SUVs are purchased not to feel the pride and pomp of them, but to make money. This is not a reliable SUVs for Limousine Business. Do not buy Lincoln Navigator. I am stuck with three of them. Regret buying them. If you value your time, money and business Don't buy Lincoln Navigator L. There are no fancy gizmos in it for 69K. It does not come with touch open/lock doors. You have to open with your remote. The system is not equal to Lincoln MKT. DON'T BUY LINCOLN NAVIGATOR L, WASTE OF MONEY.

I OWN 2004 Lincoln navigator and have lived with the horrible Air Ride system. It has like so many others. I had constant problems from it going up half way to not at all to going out while going down the interstate which endanger my family. I went to Ford dealership which told me they could fix but it may be over 1200 dollars to fix with no guarantees it would work. I was told they convert it over for the small fee of 1600 to 1800 dollars.

I am veteran and disabled and this was ridiculous prices they gave me. I went online and read horror story after story about same issue. I gave the Ford motor company a call and they said no recall for this issue. Explain to them about quoted price and it's been 3 weeks and had no response from them. I will recover from this somehow, but it's no wonder we don't have cars made in America with this minded service. Common Ford motor company, step up and do the right thing before somebody gets killed going down the road when their system fails to work.

I had spark plugs and coils replaced and oil changed during 114,000-mile service before heading to Florida for my yearly 3-week vacation stay. I started hearing a tapping noise on the passenger side so I took it back to my mechanic after putting about 1,000 miles on it to make sure it was OK to drive the 1,200 miles to Florida. Mechanic put it on the "machine" and said everything checked out OK and I was good to go. He put some "special" oil additive and said that should help. During the drive the tapping did continue but I thought nothing of it because mechanic said it was OK.

Spent 3 weeks in Florida and put on about 2,500 miles and then started the trip back home. Got about 1/3rd of the way home (about 600 miles) and car started to "buck" like a bronco while on I-95 travelling about 70 mph (the speed limit). I had to pull off the highway and drove to a service station and of course, 5 PM on a Saturday Night no one was around to look at it. I then asked for location of local Ford Dealer and was able to get it there just before they closed at 6 PM. Service would re-open Monday morning at 8 AM so I had to spend the weekend there and paid for hotel room for two nights - unexpected expense. When dealer opened up I was told Cylinder 3 had no compression and could not be driven without more detailed examination by taking apart.

Already frustrated, I paid a car carrier $700 to transport the vehicle to my mechanic and extra $500 to rent a car to drive home. Keep in mind I had to spend $200 for hotel stay and $125 to the dealer to find out car has an engine problem. With my Navigator and me and my wife back home, I come to find out the engine is shot and needs replacement to my surprise and frustration. I could not imagine that engine is already gone with only about 118,000 miles on it. I religiously maintain all my vehicles as my mechanic will attest and now I need an engine with only 118,000 miles on it???

I called Lincoln Customer Service and they took my info and said they would research and see if there are any recalls or issues they may be able to help me with in this regard and would get back to me within a couple of hours with their findings. I must say that they did at least call me back as promised but told me that the best they could do would be to offer me an employee discount on purchase of another Lincoln Ford Vehicle. I said "Thank you but no thank you." Even though my last 3 previous SUVs were Fords - Ford Bronco, Ford Expedition, Ford Expedition - I will never ever buy another Ford product.

I can't imagine you can't get more than $118,000 on a Lincoln Navigator 5.4 L engine. Only choice I have now is to install a rebuilt engine (not Ford rebuilt) at cost of approximately $8,000 or use it as a paperweight. Everything else good with the vehicle except this crappy engine. Mechanic installing the rebuilt engine tells me he sees this a lot. He will not buy a Ford product and only buys Toyota or Honda for him and his family. Sorry state of affairs that now I also will not be buying a Made In America Ford Product because Ford Products do not last. Seems to me that that is why US is losing manufacturing jobs and economy is in poor shape and people in US have a hard time finding jobs because US automakers make junk which forces those that do have jobs to buy foreign made and designed vehicles.

Just look around. What do you see on the road? Toyota, Honda, Kia, etc. I am too sorry to say but no more Fords for me. Next time you see me I will be driving around but never in a Ford. Another customer lost for Ford because Ford is junk and do not stand behind their products. Shame on you Ford and what you are doing to US citizens and the economy.

I owned a 2006 Lincoln Navigator that you could not drive when it was cold. The suspension would not rise. I know too many people with the same problems. I also had problems with the spark plugs. I had them changed and the technician broke one. This SUV cost too much money for everyone to be experiencing the same problem. There is a class action lawsuit about the spark plugs but there need to be one on the suspension.

Come on ford - what's the deal. I don't understand how a company can make a vehicle with so many problems - that costs $50k and up and act like there's nothing wrong. How many fires - deaths and loss of homes does it take before they step up - it's time for them to buy back lincoln navigators and crush them. I own a 2003 lincoln navigator - bought it 8/15 and what a electrical nightmare. This car has a mind of its own and does what it wants when it wants - the dealer doesn't know how to fix them.

Lights comes on - radio comes on - stuff works when it wants - battery goes dead if not driven everyday, air suspension is the most deadly thing I ever seen, pumps up - goes down, changes ride height while driving for no reason. High beams work some days and sometimes there smoke like it's going to catch on fire. I had this car in the shop 15 times and everything that gets "fixed" causes other things to stop working. Time for a class action lawsuit against lincoln.

2008 Navigator - Two times have had right front brake assembly fail while I am driving somewhere with family. Occurred in 2012 with 30,000 miles and again in 2015 with 50,000 miles. Has anyone else had this problem? I suspect a class problem that no one is talking about.

We purchased a 2003 Lincoln Ford Navigator in 2014 and the heat and defrost system went out. Took it back to the dealership and they said it was just the blend doors needed replaced so they claimed that they fixed it. As soon as I switched it from AC back to heat no HEAT or defrost. Took it back to the dealership and they said that it was a solenoid and it would require at least 8 hours of labor and it would be approx 800.00 plus for labor. Needless to say I have been driving it without heat. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Then we have a keyless entry pad on the driver side door. The keypad works except it won't unlock the driver side door, then with the remote it will unlock all the doors expect the driver side. Does anyone else have these issues or is it just me? I do have to agree not a lot storage space!!

Just last year I wrote about having to replace a 99 Navigator engine at 137K miles. Now have 315K miles (168K on new engine) and once again engine is losing compression. Probably due to a valve seat problem again. Clearly Ford didn't do a very good job engineering this engine (DOHC 4V 54.L). Funnier (not ha haa) still is when I asked the dealer about doing a tune up at over 100K miles, service folks warned me that plugs might be difficult to remove and may be broken in the process. That would require extraction and perhaps re-tapping the head. I guess that explains why I have read about plugs blowing out of these engines. Not sinking any money into it, so now it is my plow vehicle (takes a F150 plow attachment nicely).

My 2003 Lincoln Navigator recently had to be placed in the shop for problems with the air suspension that rendered the car unsafe to drive on the road (zero suspension causing the car to bounce to the point of near loss of control). I have been shocked by the experience and what I've learned as I researched the issue in efforts to work through the problem (the numbers of folks encountering similar trouble appear to be unusually high). I took the car into the local Ford Dealership who indicated that the fix would be essentially a total replacement of the system at a cost of over $2,600! If that is not absurd enough, I was able to find a very honest and helpful local shop who replaced the air suspension compressor (which is the component that was actually failing) who subsequently ran into problems re-calibrating the system for proper operation.

After a few weeks worth of attempts to address the issue, the vehicle was taken back to the local dealership who was also unable to address the re-calibration problem without a full system replacement (at least that is what I was told). Even the dealer is unable to effectively and reasonably provide solutions for their customers with this product. There is clearly a major problem with the design of the system that Ford/Lincoln needs to own up to and provide the customers who invested in their product a fair and reasonable resolution for the flaw in their product.

It will only be a matter of time (likely already has happened) before some unfortunate family (who has been put into a bad situation by this issue) experiences a horrible accident due to flaws in this system - and in the end, Ford/Lincoln will need to accept responsibility for the flaw and possibly causing consumers to be placed into a situation that compromises their own safety and that of their family.

Bought my '03 Nav in '04 with 19000 miles on it for 45,000. Would expect something so beautiful, so expensive, would work. Suspension. Engine miss. Shifter. Timing chain. Instrument cluster...I can go on. Not enough room! Shame on u Ford!!!

I bought my 2005 Navi this year 2014. I had it one week and on the first morning, it was really cold (approx 22 degrees) the air suspension failed on a road trip. Was quite hazardous as the vehicle bounces, rendering the vehicle uncontrollable. The dealership took responsibility for it (thank God!). But now at this point, after all 4 air shocks have been replaced as well as the compressor, I still get a warning light for "Check Suspension" and at times a bumpy ride. I have read all over the internet about people with the same issue, yet Ford/Lincoln do nothing about the design. Only asking huge amounts of money to fix their problem. I'm very frustrated. I've had the car 1.5 months and 2 weeks of that it was in the shop. And the problem still isn't fixed. Lincoln needs to man up and help us out.

I have own over 10 Ford cars. In 2006 I traded in my Ford SUV, for a new Lincoln Navigator. I've always kept my car up, doing oil changes when needed and any service that the manual recommend. My wife now has her second Ford Edge a 2013. I've been having problems with my Navigator. I've changed out the fuel pump, and now they're saying I need an engine. I've always kept good maintenance on my vehicles. I am not physically able to work so I'm on a fixed income. I've served my country in the military and worked all my life, and my Navigator was my pride and joy, and my only means of transportation to the VA, other than my wife's car who works five days a week, so I cannot afford $8000 for new engine.

I've called the customer service and they said there's nothing they could do, Except offered me the employee discount on a brand new car. But why would I buy a new Ford when the one I have only has 71000 miles on it. I have wrote Mr. Mark Field CEO of Ford six letters in three weeks. I have received no reply from Ford. I have a friend with the same year, make, and around the same miles, that had the same problems that had to replace his engine. FORD, FORD, FORD WHY?

New 2014 navigator with less than 200 miles. Cannot read the odometer/information display during the day. Bright sunlight is impossible. The display is brighter when the auto sensor switches on the headlights. Anyone else have this problem?

RE: 2003 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR : HAZARDOUS ISSUE WITH THE AIR SUSPENSION (compressor), passenger seat air bag, spring coil, height sensor AND the electrical connection affecting all the other sensors. For what is now the FIFTH (5th) time in 5 years, I have brought my car in for repair of the automatic/air ride suspension. The first was with less than 50,000k miles. This fifth time, I still have less than 100k miles! There is certainly a tangible and evidential history of this reoccurring problem as I TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP all but one of the times.

I contacted customer service six weeks ago and have not received any response. Meanwhile, I am a single mother who has had no transportation for her children as my car sits on the dealership. Hundreds of complaints are listed on the internet yet Ford/Lincoln refuses to finally fix AND WARRANTY this problem OR provide a fair value for trade-in; It has cost me thousands of dollars for the multiple fixes, lost wages, towing and car rental.

To describe to you the danger involved does not go far enough to describe the absolute panic when the suspension goes out. The SUV bounces violently, making it uncontrollable. It is abrupt and has even left me stranded on a highway in the freezing snow (February 2010), with my children, in another state! Also extremely dangerous is the fact that it ties in to the passenger AIR BAG, WHICH IS RENDERED USELESS!! It appeared that EVERY YEAR, the suspension would go when cold weather hit, but the last two times have been in FLORIDA so though it may be a contributing factor, it is certainly not the cause.

Having seen the hundreds of complaints on the internet, I believe like GM, Ford/Lincoln is turning a blind eye to a very dangerous condition because of the cost of repair. In fact, many of the complaints state, much like my experience, that the dealer cannot even figure out the problem. When I took it to the N.J and Chantilly stores, it took several attempts and replacement parts to fix it, from the entire air compressor to the spring coils, to the electrical system and relay which governs them and the passenger air bag. Ford needs to man up and fix this!

Lincoln Navigator Company Profile