2. Auto Transporters

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

BOTTOM LINE

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker with multiple discounts. Though there can be extra fees, they have the ability to ship most types of vehicles.

PROS

• Ships internationally
  • Door-to-door shipping option
  • Classic car options
  • Multiple discounts available

CONS

• Extra fees for modified or inoperable vehicles

Top King of the Road Transport Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Go with a reputable company like King of the Road Transport. They did what they said they would without any stress or frustration. I commend Mary from King of the Road for reaching out to me. She really did a phenomenal job all around and I won't hesitate to use them again!

I normally do not write reviews but feel compelled to provide this one. I recently transported a WWII Willys Jeep (non-running) from NY to FL ... King of the Road came through on everything that they promised and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and flawlessly the entire experience happened.

About King of the Road

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker that connects consumers with drivers who haul vehicles across a state, region or country. Every King of the Road carrier is licensed, bonded and insured. King of the Road offers discounts to members of the military, students, senior citizens and repeat clients. Classic cars or any other car requiring extra protection can be shipped using enclosed shipping.

King of the Road cost

King of the Road costs varies based on several factors, such as condition of the car, size of the vehicle and type of shipping. For example, transports that run along the interstate highway system, mile for mile, will be cheaper than one that is largely through a rural area. King of the Road requires no upfront payment from customers and isn’t needed until your vehicle is being shipped.

Supply and demand on a route also affect the cost to ship with King of the Road, such as choosing a route during snowbird season. The cost to ship a sedan from Florida to the Northeast during the early summer will likely cost $900 to $1000 because of the popularity of this route; however, the cost to ship from the Northeast to Florida the same time of year might fall between $600 and $700. For this reason, if you’re trying to save money with a King of the Road shipment, try to plan your move during the offseason. A King of the Road representative will be happy to discuss with you more if you have any questions on costs.

Make sure to ask about discounts when requesting a quote. Additional fees may be required for expedited shipping. Modified or inoperable vehicles require additional handling fees.

King of the Road shipping options

King of the Road auto transport ships to all 48 contiguous states, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada and many other countries around the world. King of the Road is also able to handle all types of vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, pickups and oversized equipment. They have enclosed transport options for classic cars, luxury vehicles or just for added safety.

The quotes provided by King of the Road are for door-to-door transport, but they can arrange for terminal transports if desired. King of the Road requires all drivers to be insured as required by the FMCSA and offer additional gap coverage as a registered AFta Agent.

King of the Road highlights:

• Ships to all 50 states
  • International shipping
  • Ability to ship SUVs and trucks
  • Door-to-door transport
  • Terminal-to-terminal transport
  • Enclosed shipping available
  • Free quote

King of the Road shipping process

King of the Road provides a free quote for customers after providing basic information like vehicle details and the route needed. If you have specific needs, like closed shipping, you can discuss this further with a King of the Road representative and see how your quoted rate will change. Once King of the Road has collected the necessary information, they will provide a contract for their service. Then, they will schedule the carrier and provide the necessary information to the customer and the driver who will be hauling the vehicle. King of the Road keeps customers updated throughout the transport via phone, email, or text. Drivers provide inspections on pick up and delivery. Multiple payment options are available.

Do we recommend King of the Road?

We recommend King of the Road for a number of reasons. First, their ability to ship a wide range of vehicles to almost anywhere in the world. They also provide convenient tracking options that let customers know where their vehicle is every step of the transport. Plus, King of the Road has a long list of discounts that help keep the cost down. Finally, their door-to-door shipping makes pickup and dropoff convenient.

King of the Road Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

A job well done. Alex is excellent at scheduling. She found a great trucker at a great price. Everything went as planned, on time and for the price quoted. No surprises. Would definitely use again.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I talked with 3 providers and selected King of the Road. Claire was knowledgeable and follow-up as promised. Andrew followed-up as well. I was pleased with the driver they contracted. He was responsive and was on schedule. I would work with them again.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2020

We have moved our car, to and from California and Indiana, four times. Communications is the key to success and Claire is simply the best! If you don't warm-up to her accent, you will be missing a bunch. Great service!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Claire was so amazing and helpful! My first time transporting a car and they found me an awesome driver. Very polite and delivery was the next day from NC to CT! I'm so amazed and glad I chose this company. If you ever need your car transported King of the Road is the best service to use & highly recommended.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

This was the second time I moved my car between states using service from King of the Road. My relocation from LA to Denver, for complicated reasons, was in a rush. I booked exactly one week before my first available day for shipping, and Claire was really helpful in explaining details and addressing my concerns. King of the Road made sure my specific needs (cargos, day to arrive etc.) were clear to and taken care of by the auto transportation service they communicated with (ZRZ). I arrived 3 days later than my car did, and the car was hold with no extra fee incurred (the driver mentioned about storage fee when picking up my car, but King of the Road communicated with them in time to avoid that from happening), and was redelivered safely. This greatly reduced my moving hassle. It was a pleasure working with them.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I chose King of the Road Transport due to some good reviews. Unfortunately, I had a bad experience that cost me a lot of money. There was damage done to my vehicle underneath my my car during the transport. Oil pan was punctured, control arm was bent, oil filter broke off and all plastic protectors under car were ripped off. It was actually delivered that way, including oil spilling as they unloaded it. Bad experience. Customer service was even worse.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Wonderful experience. Courteous and fast response throughout process. Shipped two vehicles from Seattle to Dallas. Pick up and drop seamless without incident. Highly recommend using for worry free vehicle transportation.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

So King of the Road Transport got in touch with me about shipping my motorcycle. Well I told them that I didn’t want to pay much over 300$ and that if they found a driver around the 300-400 price range to let me know and we would go from there. Well TCI Logistics reached out after initially telling me 650$ for an enclosed carry and 425 on open carrier which is no good for a custom chopper. But 600$ is high considering I just had a 200k Porsche Panamera shipped from same location for 600$ even. So I went to uShip and put in a 300$ offer there. Well I found a driver with 200 perfect reviews with a 5 star rating that would do it for 300$, but the dates he was going to have the bike here I was going to be out of town, so I sent the quote to king of the road and tci. Well tci said they would do it for 400$ with cash on delivery.

Well no sooner had they found the driver that they messaged me saying that I had already hired “king of the road” and that I was offering 600$ which was as far from the truth as can be. Well it got ugly with tci logistics then, Alice ** from there sent some very rude messages and said she would be canceling my file after going into a contract for the 400$ delivery and sent me where “king of the road” actually had me on the “board” (where brokers post your info and how much money you are offering) that they were hired by me and that I was offering 600$ to have my bike shipped. Well with this information saved in a screenshot I confronted Claire from king of the road and was ignored until I said I was reaching out to BBB and that’s where she finally responded and denied EVERYTHING, said that tci was lying for a reason that made no sense.

Well after seeing the board the drivers look at for quotes which had me that I would pay 600$ (which king of the road did because they knew I wasn’t willing to pay anything near that and that made it to where no company would quote me under 600$) they did that so they could undercut everyone by 50$ and would still be my cheapest quote. It was a very shady and fraudulent thing to do to get more money out of me. Well now after that I can’t find any quotes under 650-600 because everyone thinks I hired them and are willing to pay at least 600$. And to make it worse she denied everything and said that she had put that I would only pay 300 on a board and that I had NEVER hired them as a broker.

Well I saved the messages and sent them to Alice ** from tci logistics to prove to her that I hadn’t hired king of the road and that I only offered 300$, but she went on to talk to me like an abusive parent talks to a 3 year old child in trouble and blocked me. Well I needed my bike here at a certain time to sell it and now because of Claire from king of the road transport was trying to make sure I wouldn’t get the quote I wanted after making public to all the drivers that I was willing to pay 600$ I haven’t been able to find anyone that will do it under that now when initially I had many offers for 400$ and less. What Claire did is considered fraud. And now has cost me a good week of putting info and talking to many different drivers that all quote me at 600 and up now.

This is how they get their business at king of the road and able to charge what they want because of fraudulent info they put out to where no one will quote you under what it says you are willing to pay. I thought tci logistics were horrible (which they are) but Claire at “king of the road definitely takes 1st place for worst service out there. Hope this review can help other people so they don’t get into the same mess as I did.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I called King of the Road in September to schedule a December shipment. As of this date 12/16, they still could not confirm pick up of my auto. They had a million excuses. Do not use them. They will hang you out to dry and now I have to scramble to find another carrier at this late date since they were unable to find us a driver. How they remain in business is a joke. They are a joke, so inefficient!!!

King of the Road Transport response

Hi Patricia,

We apologize that you felt like we were making excuses. In this industry, because drivers are transporting 8-10 vehicles at a time, for 8-10 different clients, with 8-10 different schedules, drivers do not confirm loads so far in advance. We tried explaining this to you in every way we possibly could, but you just didn´t seem to be able to understand it. Instead you choose to scramble and look for a different company, rather than letting us do our jobs. We aren´t one of the top rated brokers in the industry for nothing. We are good at what we do, and we know this industry like the back of our hands. We hope everything worked out well for you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Please email me for full story at **, happy to give anyone the facts - they knew they messed up, so the owner Jay Batista offered me a full refund. Haven’t heard from him for the last 6 months after he offered and I accepted. I’ve called, had my lawyer call, and emailed every month between then and now, no response. They’re clearly ignoring me. SDM (contracted thru King of the Road) damaged my car and illegally prohibited me from filing with their insurance.. King of the Road came up with the idea of refunding me on their end, so I’m very confused as to why they refuse to respond and follow through with THEIR offer. Feel free to contact me with questions. I’m in the middle of filing a civil suit against King of the Road as well as their contractor SDM Transport.

King of the Road Transport response

Hi Hayley,

The check we sent you does show that it has been cashed by you, so please reach us if you are not the one who cashed that refund check. We fought on your behalf tooth and nail to get SDM to do the right thing. We have apologized over and over again, and can assure you and future clients SDM will no longer be transporting any vehicles for King of the Road. We find their behavior appauling and unacceptable.
    Also, I would like to add a correction. Jay Batista is not the owner of King of the Road, and never has been. I am sorry if he mislead you in any way. Jay was a manager here but unfortunately is no longer with the company. Shall you need anything further, please feel free to contact me.
    Best regards,