4.75/5
Based on 249 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

360 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Was worried at first about shipping my car but they made me feel comfortable about the process and kept consistent contact to let me know what was going on. Awesome job. Will use them again when I move again in the next couple years.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

There was thorough communication, follow through, and straight shooting. I was very happy with how things went up to the shipping and did not have any issues getting my car from Maine to Florida. I would recommend these guys. They will do a great job for you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Top to bottom, there was thorough communication, follow through, and straight shooting. I was very happy with how things went up to the shipping and did not have any issues getting my car from Denver to Anchorage. I would recommend these guys. They will do a great job for you!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was moving and used King of the Road. Their price was decent. I think it could have been cheaper, but it's okay. It was good with the representative too. But I don't think it's fair to pay the company lots of money and this money doesn't go to the driver. I feel this is not fair. Most of the money should go to the driver. And it's fine to have a commission but not 30 or 50 percent of what I had paid. It doesn't make sense.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the review and I'm glad you are pleased with how Claire and our team handled the order. We would like to point out that there is a standard industry broker fee. We have aligned our fee with the service we provide for each and every client. Just because the carrier payment may be less than other routes, doesn't mean we are not required to do just as much work. Screening the carriers, matching a carrier with the exact schedule requested. This takes time, effort and talent. Verifying the driver is licensed and insured, not just on paper, but with physical phone calls to verify they are in fact covered and reliable, all while following up with the client along the way. We thank you for your feedback and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your transport. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding our fees or transport services.

Jeremias Thuesen | Operations & Sales Manager
@ jeremias@kingoftheroadtransport.com
P (954) 368-9829 F (954) 374-6948

www.kingoftheroadtransport.comSales and Operations Manager

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a military move and the quote that King of the Road gave me was $300 less than everybody else. They have excellent service and their rep got everything set up within a day. They were easy to deal with and got everything done on time.

Hi Carissa & Gabriel,
Thank you so much for this glowing review. I am glad you had a good experience. Communication is key and you have been responsive at all times which always helps. Best wishes with your new endeavors in San Diego. If you ever need a transport or any of your friends, relatives feel free to refer them to me.
Best regards.

Marc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I bought a vehicle from an auction. I needed transport and was in a deal with someone else but they dropped the ball on me. They didn't pick up the vehicle because they wanted to charge me in full upfront. The gentleman from King of the Road who took care of me had given me some sound advice. He told me that nobody pays in full and if they would do it, when they say they're picking up the vehicle, they're picking up the vehicle. They'd call and bill our car to a certain amount and the final amount would be paid directly to the driver. They were very forward and upfront and I really appreciated that. The guy that delivered the car was awesome as well. The quote from King of the Road was reasonable considering I didn't have time to take my buddy's trailer and get the car. Overall, I was very satisfied with the service.

I buy a good amount of vehicles at auctions. So whatever I buy, if it’s not close to me, then I can pick it up late. I’ll go as far as Connecticut to pick up a vehicle. I even got bigger one in New York, because I’m out of Massachusetts. But if I have to go any further, they got my business. Also, a buddy of mine owns a body shop. We buy and sell cars and go to the auction a lot. We said that as far as we’re concerned, King of the Road's the only one we’ll use if we need a car brought up.

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for trusting King of the Road. It is our continued mission to be completely upfront and honest as to how the industry works, and to always provide the best, most reputable and competitive service.

We work with auctions all the time too, so whenever you have anything else, you know who to call!

Regards,

Erik

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We just got a brand new car but people didn't want to drive and put mileage on it, so we thought it would be best to have it transported instead. I called quite a few transport companies but the young lady that I spoke with from King of the Road was helpful. She did a good job on who to call and the quick service that I was looking for.

The online quote calculator helped along the process as well. When I saw the quote, it was reasonable and so, I sent everything in. Also, the required time was really something that I liked. We were trying to get the car there within less than a week. They picked the car up on a Saturday and was there on Wednesday which was a day longer, but that was because of the weather, so we were fine with it. We are planning on using them again within a couple of months because we have a couple of more cars that we're going to be moving. I would definitely recommend King of the Road. The price was something that we didn’t mind paying for the service that we received.

Hi Tahaj,

Thanks for choosing us to ship your new car! When you are ready to ship again please feel free to call me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

King of the Road's main office is in Florida, and that’s mainly the reason why I chose them. Their quote was a lot cheaper than the other quotes that I received. The reps were all very nice and they made sure that I got everything I needed. The drivers called me before they came, and they came a lot earlier than I expected. King of the Road actually does what they say on their website. Everything went by smoothly and I’ll probably use them again.

Hi Sharmagne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!! Please feel free to contact me any time for a quote on a car shipment.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Claire is a rock star - I shipped a car from Chicago to LA on short notice and KOTR took care of me in a professional and easy to understand manner. Claire walked me through the process without making me feel like dealing with somebody who simply wanted my credit card number. She explained how the industry worked, which really helped put my mind at ease. They got me a truck lined up in less than 2 days and were diligent with pricing, follow up and customer satisfaction. In an industry that is full of bad apples, I was really impressed with KOTR and will look to use their service again if the need arises.

Hi Jim!

I am a rock star!! Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review!! If you or anyone you know needs help getting a vehicle shipped please feel free to have them contact me.

Claire

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We’re racing, so we ship cars all the time. I started using King of the Road as a broker a year ago and I've used them four times. Their fees are slightly less and they’ve done a good job. They're also very efficient, which is one of the things I like about them ‘cause a lot of the other brokers are a total time waster. And we don’t usually talk in person. I know what to send them, so I just email them and they try to book it. If they don’t get it picked up, they’ll let me know that we need to raise the price, then they send me the contract. We have a system with them, which is what I need ‘cause I’m really busy and that’s why I keep using them. I appreciate their service.

Hi Lara,

Thanks for putting your confidence in us to ship time and again. We really appreciate your business. Please feel free to let anyone you know to give me a call.

Carol

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I Googled all the transport companies and there were a lot. I emailed a couple of people then King of the Road called me. That was last year and they followed-up four months ago if I was still interested. Their reps were very nice and speaking from experience, they have excellent service. My car arrived in the same condition as when I gave it to them, except for one little dent but it's not noticeable. I was very satisfied and happy from the start to finish. The shipping fees were very reasonable, too. I would recommend King of the Road.

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for the wonderful review! If you or anyone you know would like to ship a car feel free to call me.

Claire

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I am very pleased with the professionalism of King of the Road transport and the driver that was dispatched to pick up my cars. He was very considerate, professional and took great care of both cars. He walked me thru the process and documented any scratches that my cars had prior to loading. He also went out of his way to work the drop off time that worked best with my brother's work schedule and was on time. Both cars arrived with NO issues. I highly recommend using this company and if I need to I would definitely use them again.

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for the review! We all work hard to make sure that you are aware of whats going on at all times. If you need a quote in the future please do not hesitate to call me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

When I shipped my car from California to Alabama, I didn't do my homework and I ended up getting a bad company, which resulted in a lot of my stuff being stolen out of the car and the car was in a bad condition. I was leaving Fort Rucker, Alabama. I was getting out of the army to come to California, and I definitely wanted to do my homework. I looked at different consumer reviews online. And everybody has something good to say about King of the Road. So, I felt comfortable. I got in touch with John who said they were going to make sure they stayed in contact with me from pickup to drop off. And he also said, "It doesn't matter if you have any questions at 10 o'clock at night, 1 o'clock in the morning. Don't hesitate to call me." So, that was really awesome.

And then, the truck driver was really helpful as well. He called and he was on time. Everything was timely and he stayed in touch with me from point A to point B. I also liked that the same person who came to pick the car up was the same guy who was going to drop the car off. He was shipping my car and my girlfriend's car as well. And I was telling her when I was having my car shipped from California to Alabama, a tow truck picked the car up and I had no idea who else was touching the car. So, it was definitely like night and day dealing with King of the Road because they talk to you from pickup to drop off. I strongly recommend using King of the Road Transport.

Hi Troy,

I am glad you had a much better experience shipping with us!! If you ever need assistance shipping a vehicle again please dont hesitate to call me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I had my Audi S5 delivered from LA to Wyoming and they did a great job making that possible. Carol ** was very helpful and kind and always answered her phone and gave me all the information I needed and made the whole process enjoyable. The car arrived in perfect condition and the extra $400 to enclose the vehicle was well worth it! Definitely recommend to others and if your vehicle is a nice one, it's worth the extra $$$ to enclose it.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience shipping with us. Please feel free to call me for a quote for Enclosed or Open transport at any time!

Carol

PS: Thanks for the picture! It looks amazing!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

An overall positive experience. They kept me informed with regards to pick up and delivery and delivered the car in a timely way with no known damage. The price was competitive so the overall experience was very good.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review! If you or anyone you know needs to ship a vehicle feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

King of the Road's price was appropriate. And their customer service representatives were good and were able to answer my questions. But they can shrink the shipping window. It took five days, which was a little bit longer than expected. Other than that, I had a good experience. And my Volkswagen arrived with some dirt on it but there was no damage.

Hi Yuchen,

Thanks for reviewing our service!! If you or anyone you know would like to discuss a car shipment please feel free to call me.

Marc

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

When I talked with King of the Road's salespersons, they were very customer-oriented. They responded quickly, too. They gave me a very competitive quote based on the other ones I got. And within three days placed that I needed, they picked up the vehicle and it was here the next day. I had a fantastic experience and I already recommended them.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for recommending our service!! Please feel free to have anyone you know call me for a quote or information about shipping a vehicle.

Jeremias

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We liked King of the Road's ratings, reviews, and price. Their representative emailed and called me. He was a friendly guy and he treated me good. I met the driver at the pickup and my daughter met him at the delivery destination and he was really cool. He was a subcontractor, but I like the way he handled my vehicle. We had a great experience and I would tell my friends that King of the Road is the company to hire.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for entrusting us with the shipment of your Camaro! If you ever need a quote in the future please dont hesitate to give me a call.

Erik

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We were moving and the people at King of the Road were definitely very helpful. We had good communication throughout the whole process. They have a efficient service and were very careful with my two motorcycles. It was a great experience and everything was picked up and delivered as expected. However, I had to make several different points of contact in order to get them because they had a second-tier vendor that they went through to transport the vehicles. I would still recommend them though, but if they could have one number to call, then that would be definitely helpful.

Hi Jason,

We will work on making that simpler! Thanks for letting us take care of shipping your Motorcycles!! Feel free to call me if you ever have need to transport again.

Carol

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

King of the Road was cheaper than what everybody else was pricing me. The only issue that I had was with the driver because he gave me a time that he was supposed to be there to pick up the car and he wasn't there. And then when he was on his way, he told me that he wasn't able to get to me, so I had to drive my car at least 20 minutes to get to him. I didn't understand why because I always see big trucks come the way where the pick up area was. Also, when he dropped off my car, the person that signed for me to get my car had to go meet him to get the car as well. We had to basically do the same thing as far as the pick up. But if I have to use a shipping company again, it definitely would be them.

Hi Bryana,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!! I am glad I was able to help you get your vehicle shipped! Please feel free to call me if you ever need a vehicle shipped in the future.

Jeremias

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Other transport companies were charging me $900, whereas King of the Road charged $950. But King of the Road was well-reputed, so I went with them. It was the first time I was shipping my car and they were very helpful. They answered all the doubts I had, so I was happy with it. They're a little expensive, but they're a good auto transport company.

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for choosing our company and I am glad everything went to your satisfaction. Please dont hesitate to contact me with any future shipping needs.

Jeremias

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Every time I called and if I didn't get King of the Road's customer service rep right away, I would leave a voicemail and he would call me back within the next 12 hours. He was professional throughout. I was trying to work this move from overseas while I was still serving in Korea and although the time difference made it challenging, they made it really easy for me. The folks that they ended up hiring to meet me were pretty good. Also, the quote I was given was decent although there were other companies that were giving it at a cheaper rate. But I ended up paying a lot less because the agent I worked with said if I did a major city to major city, it would have been a cheaper delivery. I saved around $150. I would tell my friends that King of the Road was very easy to work with and attentive. And all around, the service was great and communication was good.

Hi Raoul,

Thank you for the taking the time to review our service! We always like to help where we can! Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever need another quote.

Erik

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

A friend of mine who used King of the Road's service sent me their e-mail address. I emailed them directly and they put me in contact with the driver. But the driver got back to me and said he wouldn't be able to deliver until a lot later. I said that wouldn't work for me so I called King of the Road again and they said that they would find somebody else, which they did. They got the car down here pretty close to when I needed it. But those drivers have to have a little flexibility. I had to rent a car for a day, but it was not that too big of an inconvenience. Overall, it wasn't a perfect experience, but it was pretty good.

Hi Glen,

I'm sorry we could match your schedule exactly! Next time feel free to call me directly and we can do better.

Jeremias

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Everything was okay scheduling with King of the Road Transport. But I was a little but frustrated because I requested a certain pickup date or I said I would like it to be only as early as a certain date and they ended up coming a day earlier than that. They called me and said, "Hey, we're going to be there within the hour." And I said, "No, no, no. I requested that you all come either like the 26th or later." And they're like, "Well it's today."

I thought that was going to be able to be arranged and apparently it wasn't. It's an old classic car so it was just a little bit frustrating because we had to rush around and get things sorted out. That was a stressful day for me. It was just inconvenient because I was resting out to work and my boyfriend was working on the car and it was dead and it wouldn't start. I know there has to be some flexibility but I was not prepared at all to get the car loaded that day. We needed one more day to work on it. Also the guy that was picking it up did not care at all, which is no shocker.

When I got it back there were a couple more scratches on it and the emergency break got broken. But I think it's because it's an old car. So we had to get that taken care of and then they couldn't figure out how to get the window rolled back up, which really wasn't that big of an issue. The pick up date coming early from my original requested time frame was kind of frustrating but other than that it was fine.

Hi Ansley,

Im sorry about the situatoin with the pick up of the vehicle and we will strive to do better next time. Please feel free to call me about any future transport needs.

Jeremias

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I had quotes from a bunch of companies and King of the Road was one of the companies that I spoke with. Their online quote calculator was easy to use. I was relocating from California to Massachusetts and I had a tight window to get my car picked up in California. They were a little nervous but they were able to meet that deadline and they kept me informed the whole way through the process. The transporter texted me the day before and then he texted me a few hours before he was going to be at my new home.

Hi Doug,

I am glad we were able to meet your deadline! If you know of anyone who would like to ship a vehicle please have them call me.

Carol

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We were moving down to Florida and King of the Road was recommended to us. We got a very fair quote and we paid exactly that amount. They picked up the cars on a timely basis. They brought the cars down to Florida where we are now and we picked the cars up from them. The service was excellent and I would definitely recommend them.

Hi Arlene,

I am so glad we were able to assist you with your move to Florida! If you or anyone you know needs help moving a vehicle please feel free to have them call me.

Carol

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I needed to ship my vehicle due to a job relocation. I called King of the Road Transport and got a quote, and the price they gave me was competitive. I was pretty okay with the price, and it really worked for me. However, I had someone receive the car for me, and he had some issues during the pick up because the driver said that he was not able to pull into the apartment complex, so the guy I requested had to drive a mile or two to pick up the car. But other than that, everything was okay with the car.

Hi Taofeek,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!! If you or anyone you know needs to ship a vehicle please feel free to have them call me.

Carol

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I’d needed my car moved from Arizona to New York. So we researched online for auto transport companies. We found that King of Road had good reviews. And we liked the price they quoted. Their transport coordinators were good. Most of the time, we talked to them over the phone and because this took place over a weekend, some of our interactions were through text message. The woman I dealt with was really prompt. Everything went smoothly.

The drivers were good, too. Although the driver who picked up the vehicle was a little confused so I’m not sure where we had a miscommunication. I wasn’t notified by anyone when he arrived. But I heard a big truck drive past on my street and typically we don’t have such big vehicles on the road by my house. I thought maybe that’s him. I stood outside and waited for a little while and then I saw him come on the corner and he was looking at all the houses and we had to stop and say, “Hey, are you to pickup a car?” And he said, “Yeah.” He kept walking and looking around for the address. I told him it’s me, and he took a while to realize that I was talking to him. He was ignoring me because he had a different address listed. I was just relying on my ears to figure out that he had arrived.

I wasn’t upset, but I was worried. If I hadn’t heard that, I wonder what would have happened. Would they have just had to leave? But everything after that was fine. He didn’t talk too much but it was okay with me. He was polite enough. We did the car inspection and he was very thorough. It was a good experience. I was reluctant at first because I’ve never had a car shipped. A lot of the reviews online for other companies scared me. But, overall, it went well. If someone had to get their car shipped out, I would recommend King of the Road.

Hi Tiffany,

I am glad to hear that everything worked out with your shipment! If you or anyone you know needs another car shipped please feel free to call me.

Claire

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I was bringing my daughter's car home. When I went online and looked, I filled out a small questionnaire, and King of the Road Transport was the first to contact me. I read some reviews out there, and the first thing I read on them is the quote that they give you is what they deliver. They didn't say one thing, and then at the end of the day come back with another.

I looked at about 10 different groups and the quote that I got from King of the Road Transport was right along where I thought it would be. Their customer service is also good. I was trying to nail down a particular time frame and that's hard to do in this industry. But they kept me apprised of everything going on, when the car was going to be picked up in Los Angeles and the general time they would be delivered in Keller, Texas. It was a really good experience. I thoroughly enjoyed working with King of the Road Transport. They did everything they said they would.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for trusting us with getting your car to Texas! If you or anyone you know needs a quote in the future I would be happy to help!

Erik

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I am a travelling nurse with a contract in Texas and I was living in Arizona, so I had to ship my vehicle from Arizona to Texas in order to work in Texas. I was reading reviews online and I saw good reviews about King of the Road, plus I called around and their quote was the lowest. Their reps were very transparent. They told me everything I needed to know in regards to the vehicle, the storage and what I can keep in the vehicle. In regards with payment, everything was very clear. Everything went well, though I don’t know if it was acceptable that the driver offered to pick me up from the airport instead of me using an Uber to pick up my car. King of the Road is a good company that people should go for it if they were looking to transport their vehicle.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with getting your vehicle to Texas! If you or anyone you know needs to ship a vehicle have them give me a call.

King of the Road Transport Company Information

PO Box 938802
Margate
FL
www.kingoftheroadtransport.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use