It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.75/5
Based on 228 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

412 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 24, 2018

I was moving and did a day of research. A lot of companies were calling me and sending me emails. And the representative from King of the Road kept with me. I kept telling him to call back the next week, and she kept calling back and was very nice. And when I started looking again, their price was good and competitive, and she remembered me. Whatever she said was accurate. And she followed up. It was a good experience.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

King of the Road answers all your questions, and makes you comfortable about the process. If you have any questions they’ll walk you through it or try to find the answer for you, which is nice. I had a few problems and I called them and they reached out to the dispatcher and then tried to solve all of that. Claire, the rep who helped me, was wonderful. The dispatchers were also great. The only problem I had was that there was some conflict about what day the car was gonna be picked up because I set the available pick-up days. The guy called me the day before the day of the pick up to pick up the car earlier and I couldn’t. And then when the pick up day came around, they had the day to do it.

Well, they picked it up on the fifth day, which was still fine because it was in the five-day grace period, because they always go to that guy since he’s the only one who makes the Texas to Vegas route. And so, he had to come back. If I knew that, maybe I would’ve worked it out where I’d get the car earlier. But I didn't know that. That was just my misunderstanding. But I was really confused before because he was calling me a day before saying he’s picking up that day before it was ready. But it worked out because he’s actually seen my car and he felt bad. So, it was fine.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was getting out of the army so I had to move and King of the Road's reviews were the best. I used a website that compared rates with everyone and their quote was about the same as other places as well. Then I got a call from King of the Road and the person I talked to was friendly. My interaction with the driver was also quick. He came and once I've dropped the vehicle off, he drove it in the truck. It took about 10 minutes.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I was shipping my vehicle from North Carolina to Florida and was looking on the internet. I found a couple of shippers and King of the Road Transport reached out to me. I talked to Carol and from the beginning, she was very kindly. She helped with everything about the rent and the service. Also, I got several quotes from different partners but her quote was the best one.

Original review: June 19, 2018

A friend of mine had used King of the Road Transport's services and recommended it to me. I go to school in Los Angeles and I live in New York, and I’m shipping my car home for the summer. King of the Road's quote calculator online was helpful and the amount I was given then was what I was actually charged. And the transport was really fast. It took about nine days but I expected it to be a week longer. Also, their customer service reps were helpful. It was a great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I did a military move from California to Virginia and had King of the Road Transport transport my Mazda. One of my colleagues had used them before and recommended them. I spoke with the customer service and they gave me an initial quote aw well as explained how the pricing goes. A couple of years ago, when my uncle and one of my colleagues shipped their vehicles, the prices were lower. Now, it’s a little bit high. I chose an open transport and my car arrived dirty but had no damage. I’d recommend King of the Road Transport.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was moving to a new job. I found King of the Road on the internet and then I just went with them and then I really liked the experience. They did a good work. I used them for the last three times. The quote given to me was good and the rep I spoke with was good, as well. They were able to fit my schedule every time. I used the open option for transport and we've not had any complaint so far.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The King of the Road Transport did an excellent job for me. The person who answered the phone was very helpful and I got a good feeling from them because before, we had a bad experience with moving some furniture from one company. The quote given for the transport was pretty fair too. I checked them out with some other companies and they were all pretty much the same. The driver and the service were great as well.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was just sending my son's Jeep from California. I had shopped around online and selected King of the Road based on reviews. I had called another company and when I called King of the Road, Connie gave me a real, good and personal service. She told me that the other company had tied it up to where she couldn't do anything. I called back the other company and told them that I didn't authorize them and they released it. I ended up paying $175 more than the original quote. The first quote was $1,200 and it ended up being $1,300.

Connie said something about the shipper. I was surprised that they couldn't find a shipper to come to Hattiesburg, Mississippi. We ended up driving an hour and a half down to Slidell, Louisiana and there was no problem to pick it up there. The delivery guy was very prompt. He was steadily texting me and letting me know the approximate arrival time. We agreed to go there before it was shipped so it wasn't a surprise. I was just trying to give her points of places nearby just in case somebody was going there. I would recommend King of the Road Transport since it was scary for me. My son had already left so we were literally leaving the key with the apartment complex and relying on a stranger to go pick up a vehicle and ship it.

Original review: June 15, 2018

King of the Road Transport was the first transport company that I found and the price given for the transport was fair. I also had a good interaction with their rep. I did the open transport option and the condition of the vehicle upon delivery was good.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Shipped my car from California to Georgia. Everything went on very smoothly. The car was picked on the day promised & delivered as promised. I will use King of the Road Transport for my future car transport. I will also recommend to friends. Well done!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I used King of the Road Transport to move my car from Orlando, Florida to Cedar Hill, Texas. The organizer was helpful and she was good when I spoke to her. The only issue that I had was that after I was given a quote, she called me back when the move was closer and she told me that the rates had gone up. They needed to put me on something else but I was told that, once I made the reservation, it was locked-in. Anyway, the driver was very professional and he delivered my car on time. He kept me updated on everything that was going on even what time he was gonna arrive.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I relocated and I have two vehicles. I didn't wanna drive across from New Mexico to Georgia in two cars. I wanted my family and I to travel altogether, so we had one of them shipped. When I first looked into having that done, I got a whole bunch of quotes from about 10 different companies. I started following up with them and King of the Road was the only one that got back to me after that. However, it took forever for them to pick the vehicle up. There was an estimated pick-up date and they missed out by over a week. But once it got picked up, the actual transportation was a lot quicker than I expected.

King of the Road was pretty good at explaining and keeping me up-to-date about how it worked. It's not always easy to find a driver who is willing to do each job. They helped me understand what the problem was. Overall, it was a positive thing. It was a little frustrating at first, but I'm glad that we decided to do it. They are the best if you need your truck transported.

King of the Road Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, it was a pleasure to work with you.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I had a very good experience with King of the Road Transport. My daughter is a very good doctor and she got a residency. She moved from Philadelphia to San Diego but we had her car moved to Sacramento because our son lives there. We called in to get a quote and it was comparable. But more importantly, I looked at the online reviews and King of the Road had great reviews. I worked with Jessica and she was great. She gave me very timely updates, like when the driver was gonna be there. The driver also seemed very nice and easy to work with. He told me where and the approximate time the car was gonna be delivered. Everything worked out really great.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We purchased a vehicle out of state and we needed it shipped. A friend of mine had told me about King of the Road Transport and I used their online quote calculator. It made the process easier. It was less conversing. Their customer service team seemed reasonably good. I’ve gone through this process a few times before over the years and sometimes things kind of move fairly quickly and there’s different people involved. There was a little bit of confusion that went on in that way but overall I was happy with things.

Original review: June 12, 2018

King of the Road's offer was reasonable and their customer service was good. They were timely and excellent in picking up my car. However, they switched trucks and my car was in the middle. The car they removed going off to me was a Toyota truck or SUV and the driver who was dropping off my car could have gotten off the ramp a little bit slower for that particular vehicle. When they moved my car, it was a lot slower, so I’m hoping the car was treated the same way going on and going off. Nevertheless, i would still recommend them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We were relocating to Florida and we needed both vehicles shipped. There were several companies that contacted me but King of the Road Transport stayed in contact because we had to move the day a couple different times. The quote given was fair and it changed at the end but we understood that that was a possibility because of the delay in shipping. I wasn’t surprised that it went up a couple hundred bucks. It didn’t bother me. The cars were in perfect condition when they arrived. I don’t think I’ll ever need to ship a car again but if I do, I’ll definitely use King of the Road. It was real good with the representative and the driver was very friendly. He knew what he was doing, knew exactly where to come through, and kept me informed along the way.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I moved from Texas to Georgia and I needed my car over. King of the Road gave me a better deal and although everybody would like to pay less, I was okay with the quote. They were cheaper and they were consistent. They wanted the work and they kept in touch with me. I didn't have a set date when I would like for the car to get over but I told them I would let them know and they said okay. They were very professional about it too.

Original review: June 9, 2018

We needed a fire truck shipped from Chicago, Illinois to Washington and King of the Road Transport was about 50% less than the other companies that transport the same size of vehicle. However, the interaction with them went very bad at first. When I purchased the vehicle, the seller stated that it was 11-foot in height so that was the dimension I gave to King of the Road. After the truck was picked up by the driver, they started to transport and then I got a call from King of the Road. They said, “Hey, we got a problem. The truck’s sitting at the state line and they’re way over height.” I asked how bad and they said the truck's 12-foot and 2-inches tall. The place where I parked the truck is only 12 feet tall with a door so I said, “This load can’t be 12-foot-2.” But they said that it was and that they were stuck right and needed permits.

So I called up the trucking company and said that if that was the case, we had to turn it around. But then, I asked them to have their guy re-measure the truck. They called back later 15 minutes and apologized profusely because apparently, the truck driver couldn't read the tape measure. The load was 11-foot-2, not 12-foot-2. Technically, it was still over height and still needed a permit, but the guy from the trucking company said, “You know what, I put you under enough stress in the last couple of hours. Don’t worry about the permit, we’re just gonna keep that for those sizes."

Alos, it took a long time for them to find a truck when they said they usually find one in a couple of days. It was to the point where I called another company who gave about the same $5,000 bid with King of the Road when three other companies' were $9,500, $11,000 and $12,000. For some reason, nobody was having a very good time being able to find the truck for this particular load. So it wasn’t just King of the Road that couldn’t find the truck.

Time started dragging on, but the King of the Road did pretty good. They called frequently, updating me and saying, “Hey, we’re still doing everything we can to find the truck.” Then the truck that delivered was a little bit higher in price than what they quoted. They said the lowest that they would do it for was $5,600 when the quote was $5,000. King of the Road called up and told us about it. They said, “If you want it, you can take it. If not, we can wait longer and see if we can find a truck.” I talked to my boss and he said we would take the extra, just to get the fire truck delivered. Nevertheless, King of the Road was fine and the truck was delivered on time with no damage.

Original review: June 8, 2018

King of the Road Transport had good reviews and their price was reasonable. It wasn’t the highest nor the lowest and they also offered some insurance for my car which we had to ship to Virginia where we were moving. The customer service representative was nice, and gave me all the facts about the transport. Also, the driver who picked the car up seemed friendly enough and knew what he was doing. King of the Road did a great job and my car got here in one piece. And the quote stayed the same at the end. Everyone was happy.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I moved and I chose King of the Road Transport because they sent me a $50 off coupon in my email. I used their online quote calculator and it was good to get an idea. Their customer service was also good. The driver was finicky, but I know it was a third party. Still, overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was relocating and I had to ship my vehicle. Based on the reviews online, I went with King of the Road Transport and the quote they gave me was pretty close to the price I ended up paying. It was not cheapest but it was fair. And when my vehicle was delivered, it was intact.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I couldn't believe how smooth everything went. All my prior vehicle shipments were done through employer and this was the first time doing this on my own. It was a wonderful experience and if I ever need to do it again I will certainly call King of the Road. The company transporting was very good in communicating both pick up and delivery times and locations. Uri arranged my contract and notified me of the name of the transport company and Alex was fantastic in communicating with me through the pick up and the delivery also. Overall a great experience.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Received many quotes for my vehicle transportation from NY to CA, and then googled the best out of the quotes I received from Consumer Affairs. King of the Road was rated among top transportation company, and now I know why. Uri ** worked with me by calling the transport service within that day to see who can pick up the Nissan Pathfinder, confirmed and setup with the transport company later. He kept me informed of do and don't on top of the pickup and drop off, making this absolutely the “easiest transaction”. Price was fantastically reasonable and affordable, and driver was pleasant, professional, and accommodating. Car was delivered as promised, in perfect condition, kudos to the driver who traveled through limited freeway to get car on next day it was promised! I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND KING OF THE ROAD!

Original review: June 5, 2018

King of the Road Transport has a lot of good reviews and I thought I'd give them a shot. I used the open option for transport and everything was fine with the vehicle upon delivery. The price and interaction with their rep were okay, as well.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We moved out of the state of Florida. I had a prior business with King of the Road and the first vehicle was shipped really quick. It took them two days to get to California to Florida. That's why I came back and hired their services again. I drove the vehicle to a big parking lot because the driver wouldn’t be able to get into our subdivision. I got one call that said that the transporter was in Texas and he'll get to California in two or three days. There was no rush and the guy told me that he's a single driver and it will take him five days to travel from Florida to California, but that was fine. I would recommend King of the Road.

King of the Road Transport response

We are glad both your experiences with us were pleasant. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Received many quotes for my daughter's car transportation from NJ to Florida, and then googled the best out of the quotes I received. King of the Road was rated a top transportation company, and now I know why. My coordinator called when he said he was going to, and set up delivery and drop off to my specifications. Their customer service girl also kept me informed of pick up and drop off, making this absolutely the “easiest transaction”. Price was fantastic, affordable, and driver was pleasant, professional, accommodating. Car was delivered as promised, in perfect condition, kudos to the driver who traveled through horrendous weather to get car on day it was promised! I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND KING OF THE ROAD!

Original review: April 17, 2018

Carol ** – our Sales & Logistics Specialist was terrific to work with. She took the time to explain the entire process and kept in touch with me each step along the way. Alex from Dispatch was also great to work with. Since this was the first time we had ever transported a vehicle, Carol’s excellent communication skills brought us peace of mind throughout the process. The driver that was assigned, Jacob, actually delivered the vehicle 2 days earlier than originally expected, which was a great help to our son in the Air Force who was waiting on the car. The vehicle arrived in the same condition as it was sent. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND King of The Road and would use the service again, as well as recommend them to others.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I received an email from King of the Road which included the quote and I liked it. They answered promptly when I called them, and they responded back within minutes to tell me that the driver was ready. It worked very well.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was relocating from Kentucky to Phoenix. One of my friends had used King of the Road and he recommended them to me. Compared to other transport, the quote they gave was a little cheaper and the rep I interacted with was nice. She was very helpful and it was very smooth. They were planning to deliver the vehicle in one week but I got it sooner and they let me know in advance when the car was arriving. So, all in all, it was good and I would definitely recommend them. They're a good company to ship and the customer service is good.

King of the Road Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

King of the Road puts customer service first. They offer quick shipping, affordable pricing and no hidden fees. Their broker fee isn’t charged until after pickup, and the driver fee can be customized to meet the consumer’s budget while still providing the services they need.

• No upfront costs: The deposit is made on pickup, not when the job is scheduled, and the remainder is paid on delivery. There are other options available, and King of the Road will work with consumers to find the right payment option for them.

• Financing available: For orders over $99, financing is available to help make shipping stress-free.

• Frequent updates: King of the Road provides updates to the client throughout the delivery process.

• Enclosed and non-enclosed trucks: King of the Road offers both enclosed and non-enclosed trucks, so consumers can choose the option that works best for them.

• Lead time: The company requests early scheduling to coordinate their logistics.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

King of the Road Transport Company Information