King of the Road Transport

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was worried shipping my car from Rochester, NY to Houston, TX after reading all the stories on the internet. I contacted a few companies that had good ratings and could not be happier with KOTR's service. They were incredibly responsive and always kept me up to date on the status of my vehicle. They were readily available and made sure I knew what was entailed when it came to costs and all. They were very affordable. I would absolutely use them again.

I was on a job relocation so I needed to ship my vehicle. I called King of the Road Transport and the transport organizer was knowledgeable and able to answer any questions that I had. The pickup and delivery was also good. I would recommend King of the Road Transport.

King of the Road seemed more professional than other moving companies. They didn't bug me with calls and reading the reviews online, they seemed like a reliable company. Their online quote quickly played a role in me making the decision to go with them. They sent me an email back, I called back one other time to try to get an idea of when they could arrange my vehicle to be shipped, and they told me within five to seven days. That's when I confirmed that I wanted to use them, and then the pick-up was scheduled.

I spoke with the driver and he gave me two days notice. He was going to pick it up Thursday or Friday. I called him on Thursday and he said pick up was Friday. I got a call from the dealership Friday afternoon that he had picked it up. He called me when he was en route on Saturday, and called me again when he was just a few miles away from my house on Monday. I was really worried about it, but it turned out to be a great experience. Additionally, the carrier inspected the vehicle and found one minor thing that the dealership didn't find, and he informed me and the dealership of it before it was delivered, so he was awesome.

I was moving a car home and I like the fella from King of the Road I talked to on the phone. He seemed very honest and up front. He was great and the driver was great too. He got the car on time when he said he would get it, checked in with me all the time and he was at my house when he said he was gonna be.

My son bought a vehicle from some friends in Florida. So while they were in Florida and before they moved out of the country, we had it shipped back to Arizona. We looked at several different companies and regarding the ratings and price, we went with King of the Road. The quote we got from their online quote calculator was within our price range and once we scheduled, we had a very quick response from the scheduler. If I had a question, he was really quick to respond via email and even giving me a couple of calls with the status on the driver that were being contracted. When that was done, the payment that we gave him was rather easy. And the driver that they set us up with was very friendly and very nice. It was all in all a great experience. I would recommend them to others who are planning on shipping a vehicle or wanting to ship a vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

I relocated to Washington and King of the Road Transport had a good price for auto transport and the best ratings I've ever seen. The online quote calculator gave me good information before I committed anything and it was lower than the other one that I got. The customer service was good too. Every time I called, somebody was there to answer. The only problem that I had was the people didn't call me the day before they were supposed to pick up the car. They called me 30 minutes before the guy would be able to pick it up. I didn't like that but luckily, I was able to make provisions. Aside from that, everything else was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had to move three vehicles from the West to East coast and back again! I was especially pleased with Jeremias ** - the sales manager who did a fantastic job handling my vehicles and my time constraints. It was a stressful situation for me and he reduced that by communicating with me and finding a driver who met my needs. The drivers were also great - stayed in touch and were flexible with me. I would recommend King of the Road to anyone needing to transport a vehicle. I will absolutely use them in the future - but hopefully my car moving days are over for a bit!!

King of the Road Transport shipped my car and motorcycle because I was moving from Pennsylvania to Georgia. I searched online and they were one of those that popped up. I've called multiple places and they gave me the best bargain. The broker was willing to work with my times. He was a nice guy too. He called me directly because I kept changing the dates and he worked through it from there. He asked for the dates. He looked at them and one of them would be more because of the peak season. He called on some drivers and he looked on what dates would match and when drivers would be in the area so it was seamless. I'm so happy with them and I will use them again if I have to move.

The transport driver was also nice. They put the vehicles on a smaller truck and then took it to the area and then a guy dropped it off here at my house. Both of the guys were on time. He gave me a heads up when he was coming and when he was going to be here to deliver as well. They also let us know that they were at Walmart buying extra straps for our vehicle. The price was good and everything was scratch-free. They did a good job.

When I first got on the phone with the rep, I was rude to her. I tend to do things where I get to be rude and light up to see if somebody gets aggressive back and if they do then to me they got something they want to hide. However, she was very polite and professional. I shared my concerns with her and she addressed my questions. We had a nice conversation and she said, "I know there's a lot of places out there. All I can ask is for you to read our reviews and have faith in us." So I said, "I'll have faith in you. Let's ship them." And I was very happy with the quote that I got.

My vehicles were two weeks late getting picked up but they kept in contact with me every other day and they said, "Look, I've got a person come get it. But we really don't feel comfortable with this carrier." I said, "Good, then let's wait 'till we find one that you're comfortable with." The whole process was easy. They were very professional and talked to me like they were a friend, not somebody trying to sell me something. When the delivery driver arrived, I was already gone. A buddy of mine went out there and signed all the paperwork and did the actual physical hand off of the vehicles. He said the driver was very professional and real thorough in his inspections. King of the Road did what they said they would. There were no stress and worries. I would definitely recommend them.

I sent my 2015 Chrysler to my daughter and I called King of the Road. The quote I was given was great because we've been estimating ballpark with the other estimates. Also, the rep was really good and he called back to let me know what was going on. Then, the driver told me where to meet him and he was there. They did what they said they were gonna do and everything went great. It was a good experience.

My daughter took a job in Arizona and my son-in-law was wrapping up the house. I had them ship out their van so that it would be there when he and the kids got there. I went online and looked at the different reviews. You're always a little dubious whenever you kind of turn over keys and have anything transported. But King of the Road Transport was rated very highly. I explained to their rep what I needed and he gave some dates and I chose what date. Then he said he would have somebody call to confirm and someone did. My complaint, however, was that person didn't mention that he was with King of the Road. So I had to call back the rep that I spoke with and he confirmed that the person was in fact with them. But the guy came on the day he said he would and off he went.

In a nutshell, King of the Road Transport was very good and accurate. The service was excellent and was a little bit better than what they told me. The guy got my daughter's car to Arizona in less time than what we had anticipated. Their quote was fair and was what I expected to pay too. Their price was average but everything was done right. I would recommend King of the Road Transport.

I needed to ship a vehicle bought at a dealership out of state. I did a search and King of the Road Transport got good reviews. The Better Business Bureau website also recommended them. I spoke with someone on the phone and I got a quote that was really competitive. It was the best quote that I got. Their phone customer service was also way better than the other people I've spoken with. The specific service person I worked with, Claire, was really excellent. I discovered that it's an industry full of really aggressive personalities and she was super informative and followed through without being pushy or aggressive. It was a satisfying experience. King of the Road Transport's customer service was genuine and fantastic.

We were delivering a vehicle to another state and my internet manager had come up with King of the Road's information as he may have used them before. They were also one of the first ones that came up on our search that we were able to contact. We called their number and then got a quote from somebody in person. Their quote was good and in line with what we expected.

The customer service experience was good from start to finish. The representative was extremely helpful and quick to respond on everything. We were communicating via e-mail and there were times when I couldn’t get back to her. But I get a quick response back every time I sent an e-mail. She was able to give me price quoting information and then they set me up with a driver and let me know what the driver’s fee was gonna be, what their fee was, and how to set up the fee. They gave clear instructions that were spoken and also e-mailed to me so everything was satisfactory. I was very happy with them. The rep was my only contact and she answered all my questions.

Then I got a call from King of the Road to verify that they were delivering the vehicle and they wanted to make sure the driver got there and about the payment, which was fine. The delivery of the vehicle took four days which was in the allotted amount of time and timeframe that they had said. It was a good experience and I’d recommend King of the Road to a friend.

I relocated from Chicago to California, and I went with King of the Road Transport to ship my vehicle for three reasons. First, from their reviews, they were okay, in terms of reliability. Second, although their pricing was a little higher than that of other transport companies, it was still competitive within the market. The third reason was their availability, when I called them. I had a good experience with King of the Road. I had very interesting interactions with the scheduling reps. They were really good because of their availability. It worked out for me. Everything went fine with the carrier drivers. They called me and my wife, came near the apartment, dropped the vehicle off, and inspected it.

However, the prices that King of the Road offered turned out to be really high, and this was not just with them. They call the price and change it, depending on the season. I used to ship my cars, but not now. The prices have become so high, and these guys seem to be manipulating the prices. Everyone wants to pocket the money. But I also work for a living, and that's not how things should be. There's a need to know the market and how it's going.

I recently had my car shipped from California to Tennessee. King of the Road did a great job of making the arrangements for me. I was concerned because they had not assigned a carrier up to the day before I was leaving. But that morning I received an email saying a carrier was assigned and the carrier called me within a few hours. The entire process from thereon was extremely smooth. The carrier driver was professional and pleasant and my car was delivered in less than a week in perfect condition. King of the Road was also the best price. I was very pleased with my experience!

When I first tried to find a transport company, King of the Road gave the best and most accurate response. A lot of people thought I was trying to move from Minnesota to California because I have a Minnesota telephone number even though I was very clear that I was in DC and moving to California. I got a quote online and then I received an email from King of the Road. I called them and from then on, we spoke by phone.

We had a tight moving window. We sold one of our other vehicles and we were shipping the other one. Normally, they ask for a five to seven day window, but we wanted an expedited pickup within a window of one to two days. Our customer service person was able to find someone to do that at a very reasonable cost. It's the first time I shipped a car but everything worked out really great. The vehicle was in excellent condition when it came. The quote was accurate and the customer service was great. I’m pretty happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

King of the Road transported a RAV4 from Pennsylvania to Arizona for us last week and did a great job. They kept us informed during each phase and the vehicle arrived on the day we requested with no problems at all. I would recommend and use their services again with no hesitation.

My wife and I moved from Brooklyn to LA about a month ago. We needed a transport company and King of the Road was the most reasonable quote that I got. I asked around a little bit and the fact that they came in under a grand seemed pretty good. It was within the range I was expecting. So, we went with them. The delivery was pretty straightforward. I booked through King of the Road but the people that actually picked up the car were subcontracted through another company. I had to reach out to King of the Road a few times before I finally got in contact with the person who was actually picking up the car. But once we figured out who was actually doing the work, they were on time and it was good.

My daughter in Connecticut had a car and our son in Texas needed it. She was willing to give it up so I had to ship it from New Haven, Connecticut to Austin, Texas. I liked King of the Road Transport's price and I felt comfortable with the sales rep I spoke with. I asked them for a quote and theirs was in the middle and was competitive too.

It took a while to find a carrier and it took about 10 days before the car was picked up. We gave them some dates that worked for us and they couldn't make the initial ones but they made one of the dates. It would have been nice, though, if it happened a little quicker. But, they gave me several updates. Anytime I emailed them I would get a callback or an email back promptly. They provided very good communication and the car got to Texas a day earlier than they promised and without any damages. The service was excellent. If you read reviews out there, there are a lot of horror stories so I was pretty concerned. But I was glad I got one of the good experiences 'cause it seems like a lot of people don't have great experiences with transporting cars.

I saw good reviews on King of the Road Transport's website. I also knew I was coming down to Florida and they were incorporated in Florida. So, that played in my decision making, if something went wrong then I would be in the right place to take action. It was a little bit odd to begin with. I tried to get in touch with them and I sent off a request for a quote. I got an electronic quote quickly. They said that I was going to get called soon afterward but it took me a couple of times reaching out to them to get the process moving. Once I talked to somebody on the phone though and got an agent assigned to me, everything was perfectly smooth. The quote was true to what actually occurred. Also, the driver they hired was professional. They did all the background checks that I was worried about. I would use them again.

My wife and I were moving from Tennessee to Arizona. I knew with car shipping that they're all brokers, so I was trying to understand who was gonna be the most straightforward and easiest to communicate with between the company and then whoever they'd contract to drive. Ultimately the decision to choose King of the Road came down to the customer service that I received and the reviews off of ConsumerAffairs. A lot of the reviews that were listed on ConsumerAffairs helped because sometimes you get some people that'll put a review up who aren't tolerant of the nature of the business. So, I did my homework, researched, and looked at who had the most consistent feedback, positive and negative and what kind of negative feedback it was.

The company that moved us did their own quotes with a broker they contacted. Their guy said, "It's probably gonna be more than what you're gonna get through a private broker. But I warn you not to go with the bare-bones, the cheapest one you find because you're gonna get what you pay for. You don't want to overpay, but you don't want to underpay because you're gonna get some corners cut somewhere." We were shipping my wife's car which is a BMW Z4, so it makes a bit of a difference.

When we knew the approximate date of the move, I started looking into getting quotes five weeks in advance. The reps from King of the Road flat-out told me, "Don't even bother checking or getting a quote this early because you're going across country. We're gonna find somebody literally two days before. We have a list of drivers that we're gonna look at and we're gonna contact them when they're in the area. And then well be able to find out price. We can give you an estimate, but they may not hold up in five weeks." It was good advice because with little nuances like that about the business, the average person that's never done it before is not gonna know that.

Once I started getting some quotes and getting a general average, I could tell who was really telling me what's going on and was it worth paying $50 more to go with them versus someone else who didn't rub me the right way. I've never had to have a car shipped privately, but I do know what goes into moving in general. And when it comes to getting someone to contract out, with someone you're not familiar with and you don't have any kind of real connection with, trust goes a long way. I felt that out of all the companies that we listed, King of the Road stuck well enough by. They were responsive enough than anyone.

Before the vehicle was contracted out, the customer service person did a fair job at maintaining contact with me. However, there are things that could be different and done better. They did not return phone calls for a couple of weeks. But given the nature of the business, and given that the nature of our move was across country and trying to coordinate with the company that moved us, it's not a perfect world.

The week of the move was the week of Saint Patrick's Day. Friday the 17th was when we left Tennessee. We had United pack us on the 15th and then load the car on the 16th and leave. King of the Road called me that Monday morning, the 13th, and said, "We can have a guy there this morning to pick up the car." And I was like, "We're not leaving Tennessee until Friday. I don't have anybody in Arizona to receive the car. How's that gonna work?" It was last-minute trying to figure it out. We ended up leaving the car parked in business parking and leave the keys with some old neighbors who were willing to do the walk around.

That was my only complaint with King of the Road. The communication at the very last minute was sewn together. Luckily we lucked out with the driver. I had explained to him the situation and he didn't have a problem with it. Texting and phone calls with him were very short, but succinct and to the point. He ran into some bad weather up in the northeast at the time and he coordinated very well with me. He had the car here in a couple of days. All-in-all King of the Road were fairly decent.

Relocated from CT to NC. Went out of his way to find a trucker to deliver my vehicle the day I wanted it. My car was originally going to be delivered before I arrived in NC. Great customer service and the best price around. Would recommend to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Called in request for transport on a Friday hoping I could get vehicle in a week. It was delivered on the following Tuesday 2 days after contract date. Delivery came to my house on the time the drivers estimated arriving from Kentucky to my home in Colorado Springs. Wow.

I moved out of state so I needed to ship my vehicle. I used King of the Road Transport because of the price. Also, when I talked to the customer support they gave me more solid answers than others. We were in touch via email so I was getting frequent updates. However, we had a bit of confusion because the carrier driver arrived a little bit earlier than I expected, so we had to wait for a day. But other than that, it was pleasant. I'll be using them again. I have another car and I do move, so I'll consider them for the next one too.

My wife and I were quite happy with King of the Road Transport. I liked the fact that the guy who was picking it up was in the same neighborhood as where our kids were up in New York. We liked the driver as well. He called me up. All in all, they were very professional and we appreciated that. It's a good company.

My experience was not a very good one but I don't believe it was the fault of King of the Road. There were no haulers going through Southwest Virginia so my car sat for almost a month. King of the Road began using their commission after two weeks to lure someone to pick up my car. They finally tossed in their total commission to get someone to haul my car. They were great to work with and always returned my call within a few minutes. I would use them again.

Claire ** was the best person we could have asked to work with. She kept on top of the details for shipping out our SUV. We had a horrible experience with Jim ** at Best Direct Shipping, and she came in and alleviated our nightmare. She kept in constant contact and was honest and legit in her business dealings... So NOT the case with Jim **. We are grateful to her and King of the Road Transport and would definitely use them again if we ever need to ship our car in the future. Thank you Claire **!!!

The reviews that I’ve seen online for King of the Road Transport were good and there were minimal negative reviews compared to other transport companies. I also always look for the BBB certification that they have. When I called in, the gentleman got the address of where I needed to ship my vehicle and called me right back with a quote as well as an email. It took me a couple of days to make a decision ‘cause I was still shopping around. Their quote was more reasonable than what other transport companies were asking for.

King of the Road was able to pick up my car sooner than I expected, and that was a plus. They also accommodated to picking the vehicle up without me present ‘cause I was staying at a hotel during the time of pickup. During delivery, they were right on time with the schedule. The only issue was that the truck couldn’t go into the neighborhood where I’m living in, so I had to meet them about a block away, which was fine with me. It was the best experience thus far with the transport.

When I needed to get a car from California to Nebraska, I decided to do it with King of the Road Transport. The quote that I was given was competitive. During the whole process, I was getting phone calls from lots of them. They were always polite and professional, and not making outrageous claims. The driver himself gave me a level of confidence, and everything went as planned. From our phone interactions and their website presence, King of the Road Transport seemed more businesslike than most transport companies that I've dealt with, so I would definitely use them again. If I ever have to transport a vehicle again, I'll call them first. Overall, the level of service that they provided to me was excellent and hassle-free. They were very reactive and responsive.

We've had my daughter's car shipped three different times from Miami to California, back and forth. We hadn't used King of the Road Transport on all occasions but the time that we chose them was because of their price. I got an estimate through their quote calculator but when I changed dates, they charged me more. I thought it was fine but it turns out they ended up picking up the car on the original date and I still paid the full price.

The only problem that we did have is that her toll road was charged and they cut her off because it went over her maximum so we had to deal with that. We called the toll and they need the license plate of the truck that it was on. They want to make sure that it was billed and that we're not trying to get out of a $30 toll bill. On the other hand, my daughter dealt with King of the Road Transport and they were great to her. The man from customer service was very prompt. I actually had quite a few questions back and forth and he was right on top of it, giving me a call since I told him that I cant get to my email all the time. We communicated really good. They called and said they were gonna be dropping the car off and they were right on time.

King of the Road Transport Company Profile