Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Bradley!

Thanks for choosing King of the Road to transport your car to Guam!!! If you or anyone you know needs to ship another car please feel free to call me at 1800 955-0644 ext 306.

Claire Griffiths

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Seamless experience. My car was picked up from my home in Texas and appeared at the port in Guam. All was clearly explained and I knew what to do, where to go and what to bring with me. Great communication. Well done.

Hi Jennifer!

It was wonderful working with you! I always do my best to educate my customers and I am glad that you spent the time to do your research before making your decision. Its important in this industry to research companies to make sure they are reputable and honest. Thank you for choosing me to arrange for your transport and if you ever need to ship a vehicle in the future please dont hesitate to give me a call at 1800 955 0644 ext 307.

Erik Roswell

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I had to move from one state to another. King of the Road had really good reviews online and when I spoke to their salesperson, he seemed genuine and was very reassuring which made me feel comfortable to try and go with the company. Whenever I called the driver, he answered. I asked him when he can say that he would be in my area for the pick-up and he gave me a date. And, he brought my car to me. He called me two hours before coming and had made sure that I was at home. Then, he called and let me know that he was outside. So I came outside, he unloaded my truck for me and that was it. He was very polite and nice.

I was hesitant when I was going to have to go through shipping my car again. I had shipped my car with another company before. They quoted me a price, I agreed but when my car arrived, they switched the price on me and wouldn't drop my car until I gave them the exact more money. But I was really happy that King of the Road stuck to their word. They didn’t change the price from the online quote. Everything was legit.

Hi Barry!

Thanks for choosing us to get your Mercedes from California to Ohio! If you or anyone you know is moving and needs a vehicle shipped please feel free to call me at 1 800-955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I had to ship a vehicle for a permanent move and got quotes from several companies but decided on King of the Road Transport as they had good prices. Their reps told me everything I needed to do as well as everything they said they were going to do. Everything worked like clockwork with their transport organizer too.

Hi Joe!

Thanks for recommending us to your friends! I always work hard to provide my customers with great service so that they feel secure in using my company again. If you or anyone you know needs transport services please feel free to call me at 1 800-955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Great service from King of the Road Transport. I need a car shipped from Los Angeles, California to Cincinnati. I went online to do the quote calculator and then I called them. I’ve enjoyed every minute with them. I had no problems, the rep was very good and thorough. The driver provided great service too. I spoke to him just before the car was delivered, we made a time, and he made it on time. I had recommend their service to my friends.

Hi Mike,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the transport of your motorcycle. We always aim to provide an excellent experience in all aspects of the transport. Because of instances like this we have reviewed our policy and always quote motorcycles enclosed now. If you ever need to arrange a transport in the future please let us know and we will provide you with a discount due to your experience. I can be reached at 1 800 955 0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I had to get somebody to ship my bike. I had mine sitting in a place where they bid on them. It sat on there for a few weeks and the only thing I got were brokers trying to get more money out of me. Nobody actually bid on the ship. Then I’ve asked a few companies for prices on the internet and King of the Road Transport had the best price. They found somebody to pick my bike fairly fast.

The people themselves were fine, it’s just that the carrier driver didn't have a lot of experience. He had it loaded broadside on a flatbed trailer and the bike was exposed to everything. He didn’t do any pre-trip inspection so I wouldn’t have been able to see any of the stuff that happened to the bike except for previous photos that I had from the dealer I bought it from. When I got it there was some stuff on it, but I couldn’t do anything without a pre-trip inspection. I know I said I didn’t want an open transport, and that’s what I got. Because the way they had it loaded, they had to physically pick the rear end of the motorcycle up to get it moved over to where they could get it off the trailer. But the bike weighs 780 pounds and they could barely lift it.

Also, the guy got lost. He ended up going a little further south to do another delivery before he came here and he waited for mine for the last. I had to pull up where he was on the map on the internet and give him directions to here. He made it around 1:00 in the morning. I drove a truck for 10 years and I know what they ran into. That’s the difference between a broker and a driver. But as far as getting it scheduled for pick up and everything, I didn’t have to wait forever. All in all, it got here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for leaving such a great review. Its always nice to see someone understand some of the difficulties that face drivers with 40' to 50' trailers. If you or anyone you know needs a vehicle shipped in the future please feel free to call me at 1 800-955-0644 ext 302.

Bill Mcnabb

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

Car from Memphis to Florida - like others, after researching and getting prices from other transport companies, I went with King of the Road. I did so, mainly because of the reviews and their participation with BBB and their competitive pricing. I was not disappointed, it was a flawless transaction, with good communication and a quality transport company delivering my car. Highly recommend.

Side note! I have read in other reviews and it almost happened to me. The size of the trailer hauling your vehicle may be too large or too long, to safely travel down your residential street. They also may not be able to find a large enough space to turn their trailer around. Therefore, upon their arrival, you may be informed that your vehicle is a few miles away waiting for you. If your vehicle is not running, you then have another step in getting it towed home. If it does run, then just go out and meet them, pay them and drive your vehicle home. Remember this and prepare if necessary, it's understandable but often overlooked by everyone.

Hi Matthew,

It was a pleasure to get your car picked up so quickly! We understand that the process can seem complicated and try our best to explain exactly how it works so there is no confusion. I am glad that we were able to help you out in such a timely fashion. If you or anyone you know needs to ship a car in the future please dont hesitate to call me at 1800 955-0644 ext 310.

Christian Mandarino

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

My vehicle broke down and I’m shipping it to my stepfather’s mechanic shop to restore it. King of the Road has really good reviews, better than many of the other companies I looked at, and they also had a Better Business Bureau accreditation. Chris, who I spoke to when I called them, was extremely helpful and has really helped me out and got me a good deal, better than most of the other quotes I’ve seen. The quote was a little more than some companies that had very bad reviews and were not accredited through the Better Business Bureau. It was even a lot less than other reputable companies that did have good reviews and accreditation. Chris also gave me an approximate timeframe and then called me back later in the day saying that he actually had somebody available to pick up the car immediately, if I was interested. I went ahead and told him "Yeah," after I had looked around a little more.

Between calling Chris and delivery of the car, altogether was probably under 48 hours. They were very good and I would definitely recommend them. I was a little hesitant after reading a lot of reviews about auto transport companies because the process is very strange. I hire a broker who then contacts transporters. It’s not a straightforward process. But they did a great job. The carrier who took the car was a really nice guy and he came to my personal home, picked it up, delivered it to my stepdad’s business in under two days. So, it was a great experience and I was glad I went with them.

Hi Richard!!

I'm so glad we were able to work together to find someone who could meet your schedule! It was a pleasure working with you and if you need another vehicle shipped in the future don't hesitate to call me at 1800 955-0644 ext 112.

Mary English

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I was moving from state to state and I've tried King of the Road prior to moving and they tried every bit to get me off the ground. However, they weren’t able to because of circumstances with the holidays and all other stuff. But the lady tried and tried, so I gave them a shot, and they were able to get it accommodated this time. I called them direct and spoke to a rep who was the same lady I had dealt with prior. She was wonderful, and I had no issues. The carrier driver was also accommodating and told me how it’s gonna go down. He reassured me that my vehicle’s gonna get at where I'm moving at a certain date, which it was.

Hi Maria!

Thank you for giving us the chance to get your Accord out to you in Florida! If you or anyone you know would like to ship a vehicle please feel free to give me a call at 1800 955-0644 ext 307.

Erik Roswell

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I got a quicker call back from King of the Road compared to other transport companies. They were also very friendly and more personable. In the summer months, the quote they gave me was about the same to others, but they were better priced during the time of my move. And when the transport days had changed, they kept me updated. I was worried in the beginning, but with the way things turned out and after meeting the driver that picked up the car, I felt very secure and happy about sending it. Everything was handled professionally.

Hi Richard!

It is always wonderful to see a satisfied customer. The service you received is what we strive for on every shipment. If you or anyone you know ever has the need to ship a car please give me a call at 1 800 955-0644 ext.112

Mary English

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I bought a vehicle from Connecticut but I had no way of getting it, so I shopped around for somebody to ship it. I went through a bunch of companies and was harassed by a lot more. But I decided to put a call into King of the Road and spoke to a lady who was extremely informative, explained how the process worked, was very reticent to criticize anybody else. There was no back-biting comments or nasty inferences about one company or on others. The focus was to educate me as a customer so that I would understand what was going on. After having dealt with all the other people who were harassing me, I felt very comfortable with her. The price was not the most expensive and not the cheapest but it was in range and sounded fair so I went ahead with her. I still got harassing calls from other vendors and they were aggressively intimidating. They were mad at me and badmouthing King of the Road but I told them I made my decision.

The King of the Road made arrangements with the dealer and the driver showed up when he was supposed to at the dealership. I received a couple of interim calls from the time that I made a contract with them to the fact that they had made contact with the dealership that the driver was on his way. There were two or three calls in between those 10 days that I was expecting the car. I was informed of where they were and I appreciate that. The vehicle was supposed to be delivered in 20 days, but it showed up two days early. The vehicle was in good shape and everything was wonderful.

Hi Cody,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our services! If you or anyone you know needs to transport another vehicle, running or not, let me know at 1800 955-0644 ext. 305.

Mike Castro

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I needed to get my car from one place to the other and King of the Road was more persistent in trying to get ahold of me. Their reviews that I read online were good as well. Somebody from their office contacted me and gave me a price then everything was explained to me well. Everything went smoothly.

Hi Dhel!

Thanks for choosing us to ship your wrangler from Alaska to California! If you know of anyone else looking to get a car down from Alaska please don't hesitate to call me at 1800 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I was moving out of state and needed to ship my vehicle and my friend recommended King of The Road Transport. I got a quote online and they were cheaper. It's a $300 difference compared to other quotes that I got. Getting my transport set up went well and the transport organizer followed up with me. My car was in good condition when it got here. I'll recommend them.

Thank you Abel!!

It was a pleasure working with you to get your truck up to Pennsylvania! If you or anyone you know needs the same great service in shipping their car please give me a call at

1800 955 0644 ext 335

Carol Gondra

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I couldn't go and bring the car myself so I decided to talk to King of the Road Transport to bring it for me. I was looking for a cheaper price and they gave me a price that fit my budget. They are very good people to use for shipping a car. There's no hassle and they ship the car on time. When they say today, then it's today. I can recommend the company to anybody.

Hi Sam!

Im glad we were able to get your Razor to you in Texas! As our heavy hauler specialist I always look to get customers the best price while getting their vehicle moved in a timely manner! If you or anyone you know needs help moving a vehicle in the future please don't hesitate to call me at 1800 955-0644 ext 332.

Max Badessich

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I needed the Razor transported to Texas from California. King of the Road Transport's price beat everybody else's. Their rep called me once telling me that he found somebody to bring the shipment over and then he called me again just to confirm. Then the next couple of days, the car was here. I had called them multiple times and they called me throughout the trip so that was nice. They were on time and they did a great job so I appreciate it.

King of the Road Transport

Thank you for the excellent review Terry!

Our commitment to provide transparency and educate our customers on how the industry works allows for hassle free transportation like what you experienced. If you or anyone you know is looking to move a vehicle please feel free to call me at 1800 955-0644 ext 1.

Jeremias Thuesen

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I bought a car in Phoenix and had to have it shipped to Portland, Oregon. I liked the salesman, David, from King of the Road Transport. He walked me through the whole process and didn't leave a leaf unturned before I even said okay. He wasn't any cheaper. He gave me the confidence that I was looking for that they would ship this expensive car safely for me. The highest quotation I got was $875 from other companies and the lowest I got was $650. Dave was right in the $700 range. He told me that the car will ship on Monday but it didn't ship until a couple of days after that which was no big deal because I wasn't in any real big hurry for it. In the end, it came on Thanksgiving Day which was okay because then I had help from relatives to go get it. I didn't want it delivered to the house because there's nowhere for a semi to come in here.

The driver called me to let me know that it had been picked up and that it was on its way. I got updates on the way and then the driver called and was giving me updates and trying to clarify exactly where I wanted it and when I will meet him. He was very accurate on his timing and very friendly. The driver was a really nice guy. He came earlier than he said he was going to but I told him I can't be there because it's a three hour drive for me. Two hour drive to where he was bringing the car. He told me not to worry and he'll just take a nap. Then we already had the car unloaded and warmed up and said we're ready to go. I would recommend them and use them again if the need ever came up.

Hi Sean,

Your review was very kind! It's nice to hear you are so pleased with our service. If you or anyone else you know needs to ship a car please don't hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext. 335

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I moved from California to Texas and needed to ship my vehicle. King of the Road looked professional when I Googled them. They were the second people that I had the opportunity to talk to, but the first one fluctuated in price. So when I got a quote from King of the Road online, I called them to validate and verify. Then I confirmed and locked it in. Their customer service on the other end was right on the money. Their rep was professional and accommodating. The driver was professional as well when he picked up. It arrived on time and in perfectly good condition.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting a review for us!! I am so glad you gave us the opportunity to ship your car to Florida and that everything went to your satisfaction. If you or anyone you know needs to ship a car in the future just give me a call at 1 (800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I was coming back to Florida and needed to ship my car. I went through the internet and saw that King of the Road Transport had good ratings. So I gave them a try. Their staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. They gave me a price right away. Then they came earlier than they thought they would. So they were good.

Hi Ruby,

Transporting a car while being overseas can be tough and I am so pleased that everything went smoothly. If you or another family member needs to ship a car please don't hesitate to contact me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had used King of the Road Transport last March 2016 to transport my mom's car when I was moving and had a good experience. So, I went with them again when I transferred my car to my sister. I was in Tasmania and she was in Texas. I had good interaction with their customer service agent.

King of the Road Transport

Thanks for writing such a nice review Bill!!

We always strive to provide you with the best rates we can while still getting your vehicle shipped within your schedule. Its always a pleasure working with you and your company. Should you require our services again we will happily provide you with the same excellent service. Please feel free to call me if you or anyone you know needs a vehicle shipped. I can be reached at 1(800) 955-0644 ext.112

Mary English

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I use King of the Road Transport for our oil company to move vehicles to and from the CEO. They've been super good and I've never had any problems. They seemed to ship the vehicles on time without damage and their rates don't change or fluctuate. It's pretty much what they quote me.

Hi Vidal!

Thanks for choosing us to ship your vehicles to you after you purchased them! If you or anyone you know purchases a vehicle and needs it shipped please do not hesitate to call me at 1 (800) 955-0644 ext112.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

Mary English

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I bought a vehicle and needed it brought to me. I used King of the Road to transport my vehicle because they're cheaper than the other company I've tried. I had great interaction with their reps. They were friendly and knowledgeable.

Hi Leslie!

I am so glad we were able to assist you in getting your BMW fixed!! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review and look forward to providing you with the same stellar service in the future!! Please do not hesitate to call if you or someone you know needs a car shipped. I can be reached at 1(800) 955-0644 ext. 112

Mary English

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I shipped my car to a repair shop through King of the Road because I worked with them before. The quote they gave me was within our budget. The reps got back with me promptly and worked very well with my schedule. I was happy with the service and I would recommend them.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for posting a review!! We always appreciate returning customers and would be more than happy to help you again in the future should the need arise. Please dont hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337.

Marc Turbiner

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

My girlfriend used them to move across country so I did the same. The customer service reps were very helpful. The driver was really cool, very friendly, and professional. I got my car in one piece without a scratch on it so it was all good.

Dear Judi,

I appreciate the detailed review you gave us! It was a pleasure scheduling the transport of your sons car and I am extremely glad everything worked out to your satisfaction! If you or anyone you know needs a car transport in the future please feel free to give me a call at 1 (800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I did some online research, and King of the Road Transport had good reviews and ratings, so I went with them. Their free online quotes was comparable to other quotes I received. I had some that were a little bit less and some that were a little bit more. The customer service was extremely positive. I did most of the transaction through email, and they were very quick in getting back to me and following up with me. Everything went smoothly. They had very good communication, including the driver who was driving the car between the states, and the car arrived ahead of schedule, which was very nice. They kept us informed, and I had a really good experience with them, overall.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for choosing us to get your Jeep out east to your new job. If you or anyone you know needs to transport a vehicle please do not hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext. 335

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I was going to be working in a different city and my talks with the customer service reps at King of the Road Transport were fine. They were responsive and knowledgeable. I'm happy with my experience.

Hi June,

Moving almost 3,000 miles across the country is tough and I'm glad we were able to make your vehicle transport a good experience. If you or anyone you know needs to ship a car please call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I was moving to the West coast from the East coast, and used King of the Road Transport for my move because I felt good about them. They gave me the quote over the phone, and the price was reasonable. I had to go back to the source person to begin with because the guy who was supposed to come out didn't show up. So, it took a little bit of back and forth with the customer service reps to get the matter straightened out, but they took care of it. Nobody but the guy's family could find him. We got his family out, and Momma got him going. Once we got the move going, however, everything went well. It was a good experience.

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for spending the time to write a review about our service. I would like to especially thank you for the constructive criticism about our communication. At King of the Road we hold ourselves to the highest standards and always strive to keep our customers informed and up to date. Should you ever need to ship a vehicle again please do not hesitate to give us a call and this time our 5 star customer service team won't miss a beat!

Thanks again,

Jeremias Thuesen

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I was living in Hawaii and moving to Boise, Idaho, and I could have arranged it myself through Matson but the perks of the leg length from Seattle to Boise would have been easier to have a carrier. I got bids from probably about five different carriers and King of the Road had the best cost. The person I worked with was very easy to work with and the scheduling worked very well. The only issue I had with them is once I scheduled it, she said her assistant would contact me but they never did. One week before the shipping date, I knew what I’d have to do but I never heard back from them. Finally, I checked with her and with three days before it was scheduled to go, finally the assistant contacted me, I got it paid and everything worked okay. If I hadn’t contacted them, I don’t know if they would have contacted me or if my car would have actually be shipped.

The assistant said they've made arrangements with Matson who was supposed to send me an email but didn't and he never followed up to see if Matson did. But otherwise, everything worked great once we got that settled. However, I would caution people to make sure that they kept up with the communications with them. They need to follow up better and could use more communication.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for sending us your review! I'm glad that we were able to work everything out to your satisfaction. If you or anyone you know needs to transport another vehicle please call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 307.

Best Regards,

Erik Roswell

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

King of the Road Transport called me back and they were very nice. They answered all my questions. There was a little bit of confusion during the pickup because I wanted to pick the car up earlier. The drivers came and picked it up, and then four days later they called me again saying that they're on their way to pick up the car. But the drivers were very polite and they delivered the car on time. The car is in good shape and they made sure everything was good to go.

Thank you, Lookman.
It was such a pleasure working with you as well! We sometimes hear clients say they have lower quotes, and we always do what we can to provide the lowest rates, while ensuring the service expected is received. But most importantly, we never have hidden or surprise fees.

I am very happy to hear you were pleased with the process of shipping your Mercedes from Hawaii to Chicago!

If you find yourself in need of transporting another vehicle, or know someone who does, please don't hesitate to contact us! I can be reached at 800-955-0644 ext 337 or by email at marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com.

Sincerely, Marc

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My car was in Hawaii and I was counting in traveling time. I spoke to numerous shippers but Mark from King of the Road Transport engaged me in a more personal manner and the price was fair. He gave me a quote and I saw somebody was much lower than his but his professionalism is won me over. My customer service experience was comprehensive, straightforward, and reassuring. It was a good experience all in all.

Dear Iris,

Thanks for such a nice review. It was a pleasure working with you and if you or anyone you know needs to transport a vehicle please call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337

Marc Turbiner

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

The price of King of the Road Transport was competitive. Their online calculator helped me get the price range quickly and I don’t like to get into too much detail just to get a range. The quote given was a good one and their rep was very responsive and made me comfortable with the process. He was very great to work with and he was also able to answer any questions that I had. When it comes to moving, it could be a rough process but this was very straightforward and easy from start to finish. I would definitely recommend King of the Road.

A family member was moving cross country and we decided it would be easier to ship the car in private. I looked at the reviews online for King of the Road Transport and they looked decent. Their free quote was competitive. I met their staff when I dropped the car off and they came very near the house which was great. They were very careful in checking the vehicle out. They absolutely knew what they were doing and were polite too. However, I needed the car to be there by a certain date but it didn’t get there by that date which was a little disappointing. I don’t know if that miscommunication was between me and the broker or the broker and King of the Road. Nevertheless, they were very good about holding the car until we were able to pick it up on the other end and it was in a secure lot so that was great. But the guy at King of the Road was not that easy to get in touch with.

King of the Road Transport Company Profile