Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

469 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I needed to deliver a vehicle that was part of an Estate, so I turned to the Internet to locate a transport company. Bullhead City AZ is an out of the way location, not too many car transport carriers come through town; however, Highland Beach FL, it is a common occurrence. King of the Road was the first broker to respond to my online quote request. Marc fully explained the process, provided helpful links and let me review the contract. Once we decided on a date, a carrier was located and the car was loaded on the date requested.

The car was delivered within the time frame stated, and the receiving party received advance notice as to the delivery time. Regarding the quote process, I received several other quotes, but the brokers failed to return my calls. King of the Road quote was in-between most of the quotes received, not too high or low. If we need to transport a car again, we will contact King of the Road directly and by1pass the quote online.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We initially went online to get quotes for our car transport and were overwhelmed with all the pushy brokers' calls and variance in quotes. We read the great reviews for King of the Road and contacted them. Nadia was so knowledgeable and explained how the drivers see our requests and bid on the job as we were new to this. She was helpful right from the first call we made and worked hard to get us a great rate with an extremely good truck driver. She answered all our questions and the process went smoothly. We also got a great rate and what she quoted was exactly what we paid. Thanks so much Nadia!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I needed to ship a car from New England to Florida. I went on the internet and posted that I was looking for someone and King of the Road immediately posted back. At the time, I was in a jam because I already signed on with one company a month before and they weren't gonna show up. So, I called King of the Road's rep at 10 o'clock in the morning and she called me back at 11:00. Then the vehicle was picked up at 6:00 that night. It couldn't have been better. They're intermediates and what they do is they post the shipment on a board then the drivers are out there and look to see what area they're gonna be in and the posting price. So, when King of the Road posts a vehicle, you can get a low of $500 or a high of $1,000. You get what you pay for though because they were very efficient.

Once they confirmed the driver, he called me, we arranged the meeting spot, and he called me three times during the trip because it was during the hurricane Florence. And I knew he was gonna be off the road down at South Carolina. So, we already made arrangements into the scheduled pick up down here and there was a two or three-day-delay. But that was okay because I met him down here and he met me exactly where he was supposed to. I've transported cars for 15 years and that was the best experience I've had. They were great and I've recommended them to two or three other people. If you need to, go online, check out King of the Road, and go from there.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was relocating from California to North Carolina, and I needed to ship two vehicles. I got online, researched a little bit and went with King of the Road. They’re brokers and the reviews were good, which I rely upon when I’m trying to narrow down a search. I talked to King of the Road, told them what I had, and then they gave me a number. It was one of the lowest quotes I got and with the reviews I read, I was happy. However, we had a situation where the ’48 Ford pickup was not running, so I needed to get that winched up on the truck as those older vehicles are heavier.

Also, the location in California they originally quoted from was up in the high Sierras, east of Fresno, and it’s elevated about 5,500 feet, so we had some reluctant haulers that didn’t want to come up. We spent a couple of weeks waiting to see if anybody would come through, and King of the Road never could find anyone. We were out of the quote period, and I offered to move the vehicles at my own expense down to a better location in Central California where there’s a lot of traffic down the main highway, which meant the haulers wouldn’t have to run a truck up 50 miles out of the way.

When that happened, King of the Road started getting a couple of quotes. I had to leave my vehicles because I needed to be in North Carolina, so I started driving cross country. Their reps kept up with me, advising me of what the response was and what feedback they were getting. They were very responsive, but I understood a non-op in the situation with being a heavier vehicle and that there might be not as many carriers willing to pick that up. I think they had to give up some of their commission to get somebody to pick it up.

When it finally got picked up, the driver contacted me immediately, and we were communicating back and forth. I knew exactly when he was getting here, so everything went smoothly. I had a very positive experience, and I appreciated the service and the contact from customer service. King of the Road has good customer service, and I would use them in the future if I had a need.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

King of the Road Transport had absolutely professional customer service reps. I went with them when I relocated cross country. Their customer service was more responsive and more customer friendly over other companies. Their reps were great and everybody I spoke to was polite. They followed up consistently and had reminders and updates. It was good and I appreciated it. Also, I selected them for their price and the quote I was given was fair. It was competitive, slightly less than some of the others, but it was not too far off from where everybody else was. The driver was early and I came out when he called me. The transport took about five days and it was quick and painless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I wanted to get my vehicle transported from Nashville to Boston, and I had gotten quotes from different companies. Having a fair enough idea of how much I was gonna pay, I got a quote from King of the Road and they gave me a decent amount. Though it was not the cheapest, Marc, their sales agent was good and he swayed me over to them. Everything, then, went smoothly. My wife was very happy with the way they assisted her when they came out the first time, and I was happy too when we picked up the vehicle. Overall, I had a good experience with King of the Road and would tell people to go for it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've shipped with King of the Road three times and have never had any issues with them. The last one was when my son was going down to Texas to play hockey and we needed to ship our vehicle to him. The total transport was 2,000 miles and it took them about a week. Everything was fine when my son received the car. King of the Road is a good company and I'll always use them again. I used a different company before and it was bad. But with King of the Road, everything worked out well. Everything, from scheduling out transport until now, was easy and efficient. Their level of professionalism was high too.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I just moved my 8th car with King of the Road and I have never been disappointed. Mary has been wonderful, very attentive, and very helpful. All 8 cars were delivered without issue or damage. I am consistently pleased with the service, the price, and the result. Don't hesitate. King of the Road has always come through for me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I had to move my car from Jacksonville to Fort Lauderdale because I was planning to do some repairs for my son. I posted online and a few companies gave me their quotes and King of the Road gave me the best one. Their rep was really proactive when we were scheduling my transport. He was trying to find the best deal for me. During delivery though, they had some kind of small delay trying to get into my community because it was a narrow access with the gate control and because it was a long platform. They didn't realize that it was kinda narrow and they didn't have too much room to maneuver. Other than that, everything was well done. If I need to use this type of service in the future, I would be calling King of the Road directly.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We've used King of the Road Transport three times in the past. We did a North Carolina to California transport and the quote was a couple of hundred more this time, which I thought was interesting. My husband used their online quote calculator, but I got $50 off in the final when I was making the arrangements for the car to be picked up. Vanessa, the customer service rep, was great. She did a really good job. She kept in touch and was on top of the move. She was the one that offered me the reduced price and was able to find a driver in a quick amount of time. I had a window and the move happened quicker, which was great. However, my husband said that the customer service called way too many times after the first inquiry about the initial quote. He was trying to get all ducks in a row and he had multiple phone calls, which is a little bit overkill.

On the pick-up, the driver was great, but on the drop-off, he was challenging. They were driving all the time and you'd think they'd have a GPS. When he got to Raleigh, he seemed confused where to go. He wanted my husband to go to a different place instead of coming to us with the GPS. Following the instructions that we gave him, he went to the wrong location. He didn't even bring the car to the location where my husband was, which would have been a very easy, convenient drop-off. The place was more of a city-center-type of place and there was a lot of semis that come in and out of here. My husband felt it was easier to just walk and get the car than to instruct him to come to the location that we agreed upon. The driver got lazy and it was frustrating. Their drivers have been hit or miss.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My wife was relocating from Dallas to Columbus, Indiana for a job, so we wanted to ship her car. I got a referral from a friend, who had shipped through King of the Road Transport and that referral made a lot of sense. There was a range of costs. There were people who were doing the transport for $500 and $900. King of the Road was somewhere in the middle. But truly, it's the outcome which mattered.

The rep, Vanessa, who handled my case was very up to the point. She was good at following up, ensuring all of it was taken care of. King of the Road picked up my vehicle sooner than I expected and I didn't get a whole advance notice before it was picked up. I was told three hours before the vehicle was really picked up. And I know it's not something that King of the Road directly manages because they have different people do that. But in the entire experience, that was probably something that the scheduling could be a little better. But otherwise, everything was okay. I'm really satisfied and happy with the level of service I was given. I would recommend King of the Road to somebody else.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I was moving and I looked at five companies to transport my vehicle but chose King of the Road because of their price. They transported my vehicle from Oregon to Arizona and I love how easy it was and how quick they were. My transaction with the driver was simple, smooth and easy and the customer service was great. They said the transport would take about four days and asked me what will work for me. I said I needed the vehicle sooner, so they made it happen.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was moving and I stumbled on King of the Road. The customer service rep who handled the transport was nice and the driver met me when he dropped off the vehicle. It was quick and the service was good. However, it was expensive and I ended up paying more than the original quote.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was moving across the country and I agreed to book with a different agency but they abandoned me. Then friend referred me to King of the Road Transport. I used their online quote calculator and the quote I was given was good. I also had a great interaction with their reps. They contacted me then I emailed them and they asked me where I was. Then, the delivery of the car went well. It took five days and it was a day earlier. The driver was really friendly, too. He gave me the directions to where he was and we met in a location near my apartment. It was a safe area. I had to make a last minute thing but the price I ended up paying was what I was initially quoted. Overall, I had a really good experience with King of the Road Transport. Definitely use them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Everything went as planned. Door to door service was great. I was contacted every day with an update, Connecticut to Georgia, and the car was delivered as scheduled. The carriers were on time, very professional and informative. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing to transport a vehicle. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

King of the Road gave me the best offer when I had to reship my vehicle. The customer service rep was awesome. She knew how to talk to people and she stayed in touch with you. Whatever she said or quoted, that’s what it was. Also, wherever they were, they let you know. Everything was great and I had no problems.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

When I was relocating from the East Coast to the West Coast, I looked at four transport companies and chose King of the Road. They had very good reviews and their customer service was very good about getting back to me. The reps were very informative, kept me abreast all the way through the process and kept me up-to-date as the car progressed across the country and upon delivery. It was very good dealing with them. Also, the rate was comparable to the other ones and the quote was spot-on.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We had purchased a vehicle for out of state. King of the Road Transport was on top of things. They were able to find someone to ship the vehicle within 24 hours. And their quote was perfect. It was exactly what I paid for. Their customer service responded quickly. They almost always answered the phone. I was even able to text with one of them. If ever I had a question or an issue, someone was always there to answer it. The delivery team was friendly and the delivery went very smoothly. The driver arrived when he was supposed to and there was no damage to the car. They did a great job and it was a great experience all around.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We had a vehicle modified and it was good idea to get a quote online from King of the Road. I felt positive about it and I liked their availability. The reps were very helpful, they kept me posted on everything and made sure that everything was good. The service was excellent. It was a busy time of the year, so it took a lot longer than I thought it would but they told me right off the top that it was gonna be difficult.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Like everyone I did my research. I initially went with a different company but cancelled after Marc ** from KotRT was upfront and gave me a blank contract to review and which all vehicles got picked up for what rate from central dispatch. (Basically every brokerage company like KotRT post a service fee for the actual transport company for the service of transporting the vehicle. If the transport company is willing to transport the vehicle for that service fee they will pick up the assignment to transport the vehicle from central dispatch. If the fee offered is too low then the vehicle might not get picked up. If it's too high you will end up paying more money. So for e.g. if the brokerage company is charging 1000 USD then out of that 200 USD might be their commission and 800 USD is the fee of the transport company.)

So KotRT initially quoted me 895 USD (700 USD for transport company and 195 USD commission). I did ask for some discount. What impressed me about Marc was his willingness to go down on his commission from 195 to 150 USD rather than posting the job of transport on central dispatch at a lower price (so basically I paid 850 total [145 commission plus 700 transport cost rather than 195 commission plus 650 transport cost]). Since it was a lucrative job for the transport company my car got picked up on the 1st day of my window at a very reasonable price. I will most certainly recommend this company for auto transport.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I live in California and I had to move out since I’m going to a university in Florida. I had to have my car sent over so I could drive around. Initially, I was trying to go with another company but they were so impossible to contact and when I was finally able to, they were already a week late. I canceled with them and quickly contacted King of the Road. The folks there were understanding, informative, helpful and quick. It took about a week to get started with the transport, which was good. Additionally, the driver got my car shipped over and it looked good. He was also very nice and polite. King of the Road did a great job and I appreciate how well they helped me out in that awkward situation.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We checked three companies to transport our car from Houston to Atlanta. I also got an online quote from King of the Road and went with them for their cost. The driver was good and he took good care of the car. He handled the car very gently and dropped it off within the day which is good.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We were shipping a car that I bought from out of state. I went with the more expensive guy first but he had my car sitting there for three days because he couldn't find a truck. I called King of the Road and their rep seemed like she actually cared what was going on in my need to get the car back here to Arizona. She had somebody the next day to pick it up. So, their response time was definitely killer. I got a quote online and they were $50 less. Their reps were good and everything was very prompt and professional. I'd definitely use King of the Road again in the future if I need something done.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I bought a car out of state. I moved to Colorado and I didn't feel like putting 1,000 miles on the car the first three days I had it. So, even having it shipped through King of the Road Transport was still cheaper than if I had gotten a transport company here with similar specs. It was my first time shipping a car. I used a website wherein once you get a quote, it'd show all the different companies that would bid on it. I saw King of the Road on the list and their price was comfortable. I had somebody who a couple of months ago had used King of the Road Transport as well.

King of the Road Transport's quote was fair. It seemed in line with what most people had. There's only one that was slightly cheaper, but when I was doing a background research, King of the Road has a higher overall score, so I just went with them. I paid exactly what they told me and their reps were communicative through the whole process. Everything was taken care of quickly and we didn't have to wait for anything. All the paperwork was sent where it was supposed to and I got everything how it was supposed to be. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I had an excellent experience with King of the Road Transport. They had a truck ready when I needed it so I went with them. My son is at the University of Alabama and I needed to send the car there, but I live in California and that's too far. I got a quote online from them and it was okay, then somebody called me. The customer service rep that worked with me was excellent. Also, the amount that I ended up paying was what they originally told me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Our kids were moving up to Massachusetts for hockey season. I did some investigation and I called King of the Road's customer service which is the best so that established a relationship for another call. The quotes were very good. They weren’t the lowest and they weren’t the highest. But they were the most upfront on what the whole cost would be and the only one that put in writing that everything was included in the price. Their customer service reps were very upfront, asked a lot of questions, answered questions, made sure that I understood the process clearly and did a good job of follow up as well.

The delivery experience was bad but it was my fault. There were some damage to the rear end of the vehicle but I didn’t notice it ‘til the day after because we were in the process of moving our kids until we parked the car. And so, I sent a text to the driver with a picture and he responded and said he didn’t notice it either. I let King of the Road Transport know about it so that they’re aware of it. Other than that, everything was great. Communication from the driver was excellent and he was very cooperative.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We were moving from California to Washington. A few of the reviews we saw online seem to indicate that King of the Road is reputable and that they completed their work, so we used them. Their rep was very helpful and follows up a lot. She called and email, as well, so there was good and ongoing communication. The driver was an independent contractor who lives in the are we left from and he was pretty awesome and professional. He took photos of the car, loaded it up, and it was all very painless. Also, the free quote I got was reasonable and was pretty right on with the amount I paid in the end.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We needed to get our daughter’s car from Connecticut to Texas and chose King of the Road because of the internet reviews. Also, they had good follow through and there were no negative comments about the drivers. The rep who scheduled the transport was great. He communicated with me weekly and then, daily when our call was in shipping status. Also, the shipper was very good and the transport took five days because their truck broke down, but it was fine. The vehicle was perfect when it arrived and the quote I originally got was the same as what I had to pay in the end. I’ve dealt with other transporters and King of the Transport is great.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a car out of state and I needed it transported to my home. King of the Road seemed to be reputable and one of the women there, Claire, was very nice. Also, the price was right. However, the transport itself was problematic. King of the Road needed to do a more thorough check on the condition of the truck they're using. I was supposed to get my car on Tuesday. The guy called on Monday and told me that the truck broke down in New Mexico. Then he called me on Friday and said that the truck broke down again at about 20 miles from my house. I had to get the car and he knocked $25 off the fee. The car was delivered two and a half days late but it was in good shape. Everything was positive and I was pretty satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had my car shipped over from overseas. I hired King of the Road to transport my vehicle to me. I had some hiccups with paperwork on releasing the vehicle from the port. They were great and patiently waiting for me to get my vehicle paperwork done and got a truck to bring me my vehicle the next day. I would highly recommend them!

King of the Road Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

King of the Road puts customer service first. They offer quick shipping, affordable pricing and no hidden fees. Their broker fee isn’t charged until after pickup, and the driver fee can be customized to meet the consumer’s budget while still providing the services they need.

• No upfront costs: The deposit is made on pickup, not when the job is scheduled, and the remainder is paid on delivery. There are other options available, and King of the Road will work with consumers to find the right payment option for them.

• Financing available: For orders over $99, financing is available to help make shipping stress-free.

• Frequent updates: King of the Road provides updates to the client throughout the delivery process.

• Enclosed and non-enclosed trucks: King of the Road offers both enclosed and non-enclosed trucks, so consumers can choose the option that works best for them.

• Lead time: The company requests early scheduling to coordinate their logistics.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

King of the Road Transport Company Information