Call toll free
4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

495 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I relocated from New York to South Carolina. I explored four transport companies and contacted three of them. Then I decided on King of the Road because of their price. It was great dealing with King of the Road's customer service. The individuals were pleasant and informative. They pretty much kept me informed and up-to-date of the progress as far as relocation of the vehicle down here. The pickup and delivery of the vehicle also went smoothly. When it came time for delivery, the driver contacted me. He told me when he'd be at the point for delivery and he was a little bit early.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We were moving from Connecticut to Indiana. King of the Road happened to pop up online and we decided to go with them. Our experience with them went very well and the quote they gave us was the same as the amount we paid. It was a good price. We dealt with Mark and he kept us up-to-date about everything. He got us in touch with the driver and the driver called us a couple of times. The delivery took two days and the driver was right on schedule. He was also very friendly and very polite. He got the car out here on time and it worked out better than the rest of my transportation. So, everything was good.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Originally I was going to go with another company until King of the Road got a hold of me. They researched the other company and let me know that their BBB rating was much lower than theirs. On BBB King of the Road is A+. The driver they set to pick up my vehicle was professional and kept in contact all the way to the destination. He put air in my tires and my car got there really fast. Couldn't be happier with King of the Road and driver Gail.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased a new vehicle and was transferring it from Vermont to Missouri. King of the Road had a very good rating and they seemed very reliable after talking to them. They were very upfront and expedient with getting the job done. Their transport organizer was very informative as to how the procedure works and we had a very good interaction. The initial quote they gave was a very legitimate one and it did not change. The driver was very professional and provided excellent service. It took 4 days to transport the vehicle. He kept us informed of when he was coming, where he was and when he dropped the vehicle off. King of the Road is very honest with new customers. They actually tell you what's going on so you can understand the procedure.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Our daughter was moving from Hawaii to Austin and we set up a transport for her. I Googled transport and King of the Road had good reviews but I had a good feeling once I actually talked to the customer service person. They weren’t hounding me and calling back and they were very friendly. Their reps answered all my questions and gave us a quote. Also, any time I had a question, I could call and they even knew my name when they answered the phone. They tried to help explain to me what port it would be going out of and they went through the transport from Hawaii to LA with me online with maps. They ship only on certain days and if our daughter had waited a couple of days, it would have put it back for a whole another week just because of the timeline that matched. They helped me understand that.

My daughter works downtown in Austin. It's a very busy street and the driver put her car in the middle of that street with her hazards on because there was nowhere for them to park that day. We knew it would be hard for them to do that. She went out and paid them, but it kinda made her a little bit nervous because everyone was honking at her. She hadn’t worked with her hazard lights in a while, and she didn’t really know how to turn those off. But that was the only glitch. They were very nice and they were trying to get the car closest to her work because she was working at the time. This was our second time to use them and everything was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

King of the Road provided an enclosed trailer for shipping my vehicle at a price that was better than what I could get anywhere else. They had it delivered in three days, and after moving about 1,260 miles, we paid the exact same amount that we were quoted.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was shipping from one location to another and didn't wanna transport it myself. King of the Road followed up with me and I decided to go with them. The quote they gave was reasonable and it didn't change when I received the final cost. The communication I had with them was adequate. Their rep let me know when it was scheduled, who's who and the names of the driver. I also had direct communication with the driver. But once the vehicle was delivered, the communication ended. Upon arrival, the vehicle was in the condition that I expected it to be based upon where I had it sitting and the duration. This is my first transporting experience so there was some apprehension in doing it but I am extremely happy with the end result.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I called in King of the Road Transport to arrange a move. Everything went very smoothly. They arranged the pick-up time and also arranged when they would come to the destination of my vehicle in Florida. The drivers showed up when we expected them to.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

King of the Road Transport helped me transport my Jeep from Florida to Washington. It was an organized and smooth process. I let them know my pick up dates and my car was picked up exactly when they said it would and it actually arrived earlier than expected to the destination. We worked with the driver from ABP Logistics, he was extremely nice and handled our car well. We encountered a dent on the driver side door and King of the Road Transport was extremely helpful in helping us contact the driver and getting our situation worked out. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I made the fateful mistake of clicking a shipping company or a trucking company online and my phone lit up like crazy. They wanted me bad, but Jessica from King of the Road called and I told her the situation. She explained it very well and simply, and I easily understood it. She was outstanding. I rewarded her for being so straightforward and taking the time to explain it to me. They quoted the move before they even picked the vehicle up and the price was always agreed to before the move was done. I bought a new car for my son in Atlanta and sent it over to him, then brought the other one that he was using back to Atlanta. My daughter relocated to Scottsdale, Arizona, so we shipped her car from Atlanta to Scottsdale. I wasn’t in Scottsdale but I checked everything with my daughter if there was an issue, and there was none. One of the vehicles was particularly dirty, but that happens from the truck on the road.

I’ve moved three cars inside of a month and two out of the three moves were really good. Unfortunately, the last one was kinda cantankerous. While the others all met me close to where I needed to drop the car off, the last one was demanding that I bring it about 45 minutes from my house to a parking lot where the driver was. I did it because I just had to, but that shouldn’t be, and I let King of the Road know that.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I am in Florida for six months out of a year and I wanted to use my convertible. I put feelers out, called different people, and King of the Road was one of the ones that responded back to me. I talked to a lady who was from England and her accent was tough to understand, but she was nice and she took care of everything. King of the Road's price was a bit on the high side, but it was reasonable. I had some that were cheaper, and then King of the Road kept telling me that there’s no way the cheaper people are gonna take care of my car as well as they will.

They convinced me for the sake of $150 to go with them, and then the driver got down here a day sooner than I wanted. I was halfway down in Georgia, so I had some friends pick up the car and there was a six-inch scratch on my driver side door, which I tried to buff out. Now, I can see it a little but I have to look for it to see it. A piece of plastic was also broken off in my rear tail light, but I was gonna replace that tail light anyway.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and I was shipping it from North Carolina to Michigan. King of the Road Transport responded promptly. They told me they had the driver and they could have it here in a week. Also, they could give me a two-week window. They could lock a time compared to other carriers. The vehicle got here when they said they would. I just had a tight timeline, so we had a little bit of an issue but they did their best. They had multiple follow-ups, multiple people, text, and email. But it may have been a little confusing because I replied a couple of times and I had a couple of different people working with me.

The transport driver did a good job of keeping adequate communication considering they were driving a vehicle with cars behind. The only thing that would be a little bit nicer for customer service would be if they had little GPS trackers so you would know exactly where your vehicle is. That would be pretty cool. Then, they'd probably wouldn't need to call as much, just call one time when they're getting close. If anyone asks, I would tell them to call King of the Road first.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

When I needed to ship back a car from Philadelphia to Georgia, Google came up with King of the Road Transport. My experience with them was all positive. Their quote was all right and although they have charged me to pay up a little bit, it was fair in the end. The rep was always in touch, they delivered on time and the condition of the car was the same as it was when it got on.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I inherited a truck and it had some equipment in it so, I needed it transported to Seattle. I spoke with a rep from King of the Road earlier in the year as I was planning this particular move. They were one of the first to quote on it. It was competitive and it was the final payout. Initially, interacting with their rep was through email, then a phone call, and then a follow-up phone call when it was completed. I received a call from the dispatch to set up the delivery time and it was only when they delivered the car that I talked to the drivers. They did a good job.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and needed it shipped from the east to the west coast. I looked into a few companies but King of the Road was the only one that I contacted. Their price was competitive than all the other brokers but then, nothing came and nothing got done. They kept saying the vehicle will get picked up on a certain date but then it never did. I called them that I was unhappy with the service and they were very rude and unprofessional.

Once I told them I want to source from another company, they copied and pasted that company's information and made a fake Word document. They tried to discredit the company by making it seem like that carrier was charging the same amount that they were charging. The document had typos on it and had the little red blotches on the bottom of the word. The bottom line is, King of the Road have been very deceptive and low-class. They also used profane language towards me and that was really nasty. I called them back and told them I confirmed with the other carrier about the document. They got all mad and started talking about a bunch of crap to me and I told them I was gonna call Better Business Bureau and make a report.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

King of the Road Transport had a high Yelp review and there were positive comments. They were more accessible to obtain a price range from, and the quote they have given was spot on. The customer service representative was very communicative, back and forth. There were a couple of times I had to call and inquire, but for the most part, it was well done. The move was about a thousand miles and it took them a day or two, and it was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was moving a car and I had an arrangement with a different company. But at the last minute, they tried to increase their quote by $300 and I refused to be held hostage to that. It's a slippery-slopey industry and it's hard to find honest people. This was my second rodeo because I bought a house down in Florida. And I had a problem going out of here with every company I dealt with and then I had a problem coming back. What I've learned in one year is that transport companies make quotes in advance and 99 times out of 100, they decide not to honor the quotes. The reason they claim is that they get busy and the prices go up. But they don't tell you that in the original quote. They know when you wanna have your car picked up, shipped and delivered and they give you a written original quote. But when it comes to that week to do it, they raise their prices on you all of a sudden.

One of the people I had as a back-up was King of the Road and initially, I wanted them to meet the other company's quote. But when I called them, I only had three days to make a decision because I was moving. Eric found me a driver but the price was about $50 higher than what they had originally quoted me several months before. And that was $100 more than the price that I would have taken from the other company. But at that point, I was annoyed with the other company because I thought they didn't have any integrity. Besides, King of the Road told me why the price had to go up. It was last minute and I had not accepted their original bid because it was too high. As it turned out, it got higher.

But even though I wound up paying more money, I felt that I was dealing with somebody honest. And I was. The driver was excellent. He was a very cooperative and professional guy to deal with and he met my requirements. It's normally a two-day trip but I was driving my other car down and leaving town the day after he picked up the car. So he delayed his trip, took my car to his home and stored it there for two days before he got on the road. I was actually on the road before he was and it all worked out. He picked the car up on a Thursday and then delivered it on Sunday. He showed up and delivered when he was supposed to, and the car was in good condition.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I really enjoy my car and I'm not just gonna hand the keys over to someone that I don't trust. My initial phone call with King of the Road to have my car shipped to Georgia was good and their rep was very informative. Their reviews online were pretty good, too. There were some pretty cheap quotes, but they seemed sketchy. But the quote that King of the Road gave me was right in the middle and it was the same price I had to pay in the end.

You can trust King of the Road to keep you informed throughout the process. The driver was super nice and was in contact when he picked up my car, when he was in transit and when he dropped it off. So, I’m definitely happy. The car was a little dirty when it arrived. I smelled a little bit of oil and clutch, but I’ve been driving it since and the car seems to be fine.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We were moving and we called King of the Road to transport two vehicles. The phone reps seemed very proficient and pleasant to talk to. It seemed that they would do what they said they were gonna do and they were very clearly understood. They were also very accommodating with all my questions when I made follow-up calls to them. We also love the driver. He was very personable and more than competent. He definitely knew his business and told us about the route our vehicle would take. He didn't leave the east coast right away but that was an advantage to us because it gave us a chance to get here first to receive the vehicles. He came right to our house on the west coast for the pick-up so it couldn't have been better or more convenient and we were satisfied with the vehicles' condition when we got it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I was moving and I was shipping my vehicle across about 2,300 miles. It was from the west coast to the east. I blindly selected King of the Road Transport because my friend referred me through their guy. But before loading my vehicle, I didn't get the daily follow-up call from King of the Road. They told me within two days, they were going to ship my car. But until the afternoon of the second day, I had not gotten any call, neither from the transport company nor from King of the Road. I called the transport company directly and I needed to follow up with them.

But with moving my household things, I had other works going on sparingly and King of the Road could have followed up better with the transport company to know the status of the transportation intimately everyday. The communication could have been better but it was not very bad. Once I reached the destination, I got a call from King of the Road that there was some delay and that the vehicle was going to be delivered on Saturday. That was good. I had no issues with the driver and the people were nice. Everything went well and was on time.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I'm a dealer and I always buy vehicles. Nadia from King of the Road is excellent at dispatching vehicles. She's always on top of her game, calling me back, giving me feedback, and trying to get me the best deal possible. She really tries to help me in getting the best deals. That's why I've been doing business with them more often. I've done several routes and it has been excellent with King of the Road so far.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I got a new job at a different place. I was relocating and King of the Road quoted me a price that was a little cheaper than the others. I asked them questions about the weight limit and the customer care people used to answer my calls quickly and well. So I stuck with them. They were even accommodating about the dates. They pushed my dates for a couple of days and they were nice about it. Dealing with the drivers went smoothly too. They came in, looked at my car, marked any dents and got me signed. Then they delivered the car straightaway. It was about 36 hours and even then, they were calm and nice about it when compared to other drivers, who are usually grumpy. It was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I recently shipped a car to Ohio from Missouri. After talking to a few transport services I decided to look for a private party who wanted to earn some extra money. None of them instilled any confidence and the guy I finally decided on texted me the morning he was to pick up the car to tell me he would come later in the afternoon because he was still trying to get the fenders back on his truck. I checked him off my list. After reading reviews of more professional shippers I settled on King of the Road. This was a good choice! It was an absolutely problem free experience. Everything went exactly as promised. In fact the car was delivered in less than 24hrs from pick up.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Our son who is 23 was moving to Seattle, Washington, and we had never been in a situation where we needed to move a car. So, I really didn’t know what to do, but I did a lot of research on the internet and it seemed that King of the Road Transport was a very experienced company and it seemed very reputable based on recommendations. We talked to a bunch of people, but King of the Road stood out from the others.

We had a very good experience. The quote they gave us was accurate and competitive. Everything went very smoothly and the drop-off was at the right time that we needed because we had very specific instructions about when we wanted the car picked up and when we wanted it dropped off, and they didn’t fail to please us. They stuck to the timeline. It was great. I would recommend them. We only used them once, but I was very happy with the whole thing. It was very easy and it was not stressful at all.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I needed to deliver a vehicle that was part of an Estate, so I turned to the Internet to locate a transport company. Bullhead City AZ is an out of the way location, not too many car transport carriers come through town; however, Highland Beach FL, it is a common occurrence. King of the Road was the first broker to respond to my online quote request. Marc fully explained the process, provided helpful links and let me review the contract. Once we decided on a date, a carrier was located and the car was loaded on the date requested.

The car was delivered within the time frame stated, and the receiving party received advance notice as to the delivery time. Regarding the quote process, I received several other quotes, but the brokers failed to return my calls. King of the Road quote was in-between most of the quotes received, not too high or low. If we need to transport a car again, we will contact King of the Road directly and by1pass the quote online.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We initially went online to get quotes for our car transport and were overwhelmed with all the pushy brokers' calls and variance in quotes. We read the great reviews for King of the Road and contacted them. Nadia was so knowledgeable and explained how the drivers see our requests and bid on the job as we were new to this. She was helpful right from the first call we made and worked hard to get us a great rate with an extremely good truck driver. She answered all our questions and the process went smoothly. We also got a great rate and what she quoted was exactly what we paid. Thanks so much Nadia!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I needed to ship a car from New England to Florida. I went on the internet and posted that I was looking for someone and King of the Road immediately posted back. At the time, I was in a jam because I already signed on with one company a month before and they weren't gonna show up. So, I called King of the Road's rep at 10 o'clock in the morning and she called me back at 11:00. Then the vehicle was picked up at 6:00 that night. It couldn't have been better. They're intermediates and what they do is they post the shipment on a board then the drivers are out there and look to see what area they're gonna be in and the posting price. So, when King of the Road posts a vehicle, you can get a low of $500 or a high of $1,000. You get what you pay for though because they were very efficient.

Once they confirmed the driver, he called me, we arranged the meeting spot, and he called me three times during the trip because it was during the hurricane Florence. And I knew he was gonna be off the road down at South Carolina. So, we already made arrangements into the scheduled pick up down here and there was a two or three-day-delay. But that was okay because I met him down here and he met me exactly where he was supposed to. I've transported cars for 15 years and that was the best experience I've had. They were great and I've recommended them to two or three other people. If you need to, go online, check out King of the Road, and go from there.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was relocating from California to North Carolina, and I needed to ship two vehicles. I got online, researched a little bit and went with King of the Road. They’re brokers and the reviews were good, which I rely upon when I’m trying to narrow down a search. I talked to King of the Road, told them what I had, and then they gave me a number. It was one of the lowest quotes I got and with the reviews I read, I was happy. However, we had a situation where the ’48 Ford pickup was not running, so I needed to get that winched up on the truck as those older vehicles are heavier.

Also, the location in California they originally quoted from was up in the high Sierras, east of Fresno, and it’s elevated about 5,500 feet, so we had some reluctant haulers that didn’t want to come up. We spent a couple of weeks waiting to see if anybody would come through, and King of the Road never could find anyone. We were out of the quote period, and I offered to move the vehicles at my own expense down to a better location in Central California where there’s a lot of traffic down the main highway, which meant the haulers wouldn’t have to run a truck up 50 miles out of the way.

When that happened, King of the Road started getting a couple of quotes. I had to leave my vehicles because I needed to be in North Carolina, so I started driving cross country. Their reps kept up with me, advising me of what the response was and what feedback they were getting. They were very responsive, but I understood a non-op in the situation with being a heavier vehicle and that there might be not as many carriers willing to pick that up. I think they had to give up some of their commission to get somebody to pick it up.

When it finally got picked up, the driver contacted me immediately, and we were communicating back and forth. I knew exactly when he was getting here, so everything went smoothly. I had a very positive experience, and I appreciated the service and the contact from customer service. King of the Road has good customer service, and I would use them in the future if I had a need.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

King of the Road Transport had absolutely professional customer service reps. I went with them when I relocated cross country. Their customer service was more responsive and more customer friendly over other companies. Their reps were great and everybody I spoke to was polite. They followed up consistently and had reminders and updates. It was good and I appreciated it. Also, I selected them for their price and the quote I was given was fair. It was competitive, slightly less than some of the others, but it was not too far off from where everybody else was. The driver was early and I came out when he called me. The transport took about five days and it was quick and painless.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I wanted to get my vehicle transported from Nashville to Boston, and I had gotten quotes from different companies. Having a fair enough idea of how much I was gonna pay, I got a quote from King of the Road and they gave me a decent amount. Though it was not the cheapest, Marc, their sales agent was good and he swayed me over to them. Everything, then, went smoothly. My wife was very happy with the way they assisted her when they came out the first time, and I was happy too when we picked up the vehicle. Overall, I had a good experience with King of the Road and would tell people to go for it.

King of the Road Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

King of the Road puts customer service first. They offer quick shipping, affordable pricing and no hidden fees. Their broker fee isn’t charged until after pickup, and the driver fee can be customized to meet the consumer’s budget while still providing the services they need.

• No upfront costs: The deposit is made on pickup, not when the job is scheduled, and the remainder is paid on delivery. There are other options available, and King of the Road will work with consumers to find the right payment option for them.

• Financing available: For orders over $99, financing is available to help make shipping stress-free.

• Frequent updates: King of the Road provides updates to the client throughout the delivery process.

• Enclosed and non-enclosed trucks: King of the Road offers both enclosed and non-enclosed trucks, so consumers can choose the option that works best for them.

• Lead time: The company requests early scheduling to coordinate their logistics.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

King of the Road Transport Company Information