toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was shipping a car to my son in Florida and my brother did the research on transport companies. He went online and King of the Road was one of the companies that came up. When I called them, I asked how much it would be to transport the car from Madera, California to Melbourne, Florida. They looked it up and said they had a company out in Fresno, California. They quoted me the price and it was closer for them to pick up the car, which was why I went with them. I've already recommended them to other people.

There were a few Better Business Bureau reports that I had looked at and after I had looked at those, I looked at Yelp reviews and King of the Road seemed to be on the better side. I was called back by their customer service rep and she went through what was going to happen, when the payments would be and how the pickup would work. All my questions were answered before the pickup. Their rep was able to work with me and got the pickup and delivery times. When I had to reschedule, King of the Road was able to work with me on that as well. Also, the drivers were very knowledgeable and courteous. They gave me a good estimate on when my car was going to arrive. And so, I was able to set something up with my girlfriend for her to pick up the car. Overall, the process worked really well.

I liked King of the Road's reviews and I had an amazing experience with them. The level of service is very good. The guy that we were working with to send the car to Texas was very, very nice, and the girl that was helping me on the phone was very helpful as well.

I was sending a vehicle to my dad and he picked King of the Road to transport it. The transport driver was great. He was confident, very nice, gentle and he knew what he was doing. My dad received it and he likes it when someone shows confidence when they do something. They are experienced, accurate and efficient.

We're down in Tennessee and had a car that was up in Minnesota. Shipping it was the easiest way to get it down here. I looked at reviews online then I just called people. I liked the way they talked at the King of the Road Transport. The gentleman I spoke with was very professional. He quoted me a price and stuck to it. It went very smoothly as opposed to some of the other ones, a couple of them were hostile. With King of the Road, when it was over and done with and the gentleman said, “It will be there,” and it was. My interaction with their rep that scheduled my transport was very good too and it was very professional.

The transporter, Terry's Hotshot, got here a little bit early. He got the car down here exactly and called me ahead of time. He was very good. All in all, the King of the Road Transport team was courteous, professional, and right on with the money. The quote was exactly what they said it was going to be. There were no hidden charges. I will call them if needed other vehicle transported again. They'll be the only one that I call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

My daughter was moving out and we needed to ship her car. I did research online and made some cold calls for a couple of different transport companies. The person from King of the Road Transport and whom I spoke to seemed like he knew what he was talking about and was responsive. He was good of what he was doing. I told him where the car will be picked up and delivered to, and the make, model and the condition of the car. He quoted me something by email and I gave him my broker’s fee and he connected me with the company that will do the transporting.

It’s just that it’s a little bit of shock to think how much it costs to ship a car out there. But the price from King of the Road sounded it was a fair trade since it's within a couple of dollars with the prices from a couple of other companies. Then there was a guy who picked up the car and dropped it off, back and forth with some paperwork on either side. My experience with King of the Road Transport was a positive one. They did a good job and did exactly what they said they were going to do.

I was relocating and needed my car from the West Coast to the East Coast. A broker found King of the Road Transport for me and they had a good price, so I went with them. I took advantage of the online quote calculator to get an independent price range for my Honda 2003. While it was quite a bit, it helped me have an idea before starting to figure out if it was even feasible. The quote worked out to be relatively accurate.The broker was awesome and the transport went fairly well. Overall the service was as expected.

I liked the online reviews about King of the Road Transport and when I used their online calculator, they had one of the cheaper quotes. Their rep, Claire, was quite professional but the person they've subcontracted to was less professional on the phone. It took them six days to get my car from Colorado to Georgia. King of the Road gave me an excellent service and a good price. I’m going to use them again.

I had a move across the country and I used King of the Road Transport to ship my vehicle because the price on their website is a bit cheaper. I spoke to a rep over the phone and the quote I got was fair. From when they had the vehicle up until now that I already have it, my interactions with them had been very good. They're courteous and friendly and the experience was very cool.

When I was giving the vehicle to my niece up in New York and had to ship it, King of the Road Transport was referred to us. The quote they gave was fair, though we didn't have much choice in these things because they're all different prices. I thought it was on the low end and they'd go up, plus it was in the height of the season when we sent it up and had no choice. But the driver was a very nice man and he did a great job. When he got to Staten Island, the driver was able to park his vehicle, took the car off, and drove it into my niece's driveway.

My niece and her husband on the other end was extremely happy because they didn't have to meet someone somewhere and then they would have to come back wherein one of them would drive the vehicle and another one with the other car. That made life a lot simpler for them. So I would refer the driver to anybody. The set up of the transport was done very well and the timing was just right. There were no glitches so we were very content with it.

King of the Road Transport sounded the best based on the research that my mom did so we used them when we moved out to California. We had to put in the make and the model of the car and we got an accurate quote from them. There wasn’t a lot of back and forth. They had to call back only once to get the details on who to make the checkout to. We picked up the car and our interaction with the transporter was quick and easy. It took six days to transport the car. King of the Road did what they said they would do. It was very straight to the point and efficient.

King of the Road Transport had good reviews that I saw online so I wanted to try them out. When I got a quote from the online calculator I was comfortable with the price. Then someone followed-up with me and talked about the actual price later on. I talked to the representative and she scheduled the pickup and asked questions about the drop-off. Another representative was able to answer all my questions and was helpful for the most part. There are just a couple of things that made me feel he was a little rushed. He just sounded a little bit like he was screaming at us fast about his answers which was fine but it wasn’t very warm. But they were quick. When I got the quote I was told the car would be delivered within seven to ten days but I got it within 5 days. They got the job done well.

I was needing to get a car to my grandson in Arizona. I received several quotes from different transport companies and some of them were competitive. The one I got from King of the Road Transport was a little bit more, but I was happier and I felt better with it after talking to their representative, Bill. He was very professional, reasonable and honest and upfront with me and he told me why these other prices were lower. When he explained everything to me, he was thorough. He told me why the other prices were lower and I felt comfortable with him. I also looked through the Better Business Bureau and learned that King of the Road was certified and well ranked making me feel more comfortable with them. The pickup guy was also very nice, honest and professional about everything. It was my first experience with them and I was pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Max was my contact at King of the Road Transport and put my order together in short time. My vehicle was picked up in Spring, TX on Monday morning at 10:00am and delivered to my daughter in Madison, WI at 10:00am on Wednesday. No problems at all... just a very well managed transport. The price was very fair and reasonable. Will use again.

My brother was giving my son one of his cars. I live in Texas and my brother is in Virginia and we had the car shipped from Virginia since I didn’t want to fly there to pick it up and drive it back here. When I tried to get a shipping quote suddenly I started getting 900 emails from different auto transport companies and I guess they all use the same system to put it out to drivers. We put bids out there and it’s either drivers accept the bids or they won’t. I got a better response from King of the Road than some of the others when I had questions. It's the first time we’ve shipped a car so that was all new to me. When I got a quote from their online calculator the quote was fair and reasonable.

I've talked to the representative multiple times because we had a situation where he had one driver agree to pick the car up and then backed out. We had to change when the car was going to be picked up. But it’s a circumstance that was outside of his control. He was responsive and quickly found an alternative for us although it cost a little bit more. We had to up our bid to get somebody within the timeframe I needed them. King of the Road has good customer service and I’ve already referred somebody else to use the service.

I was living in California for a few months and I needed to get my car back to Virginia. All the prices I got from the transport companies were within $100 of each other. King of the Road Transport had a similar price but it didn’t have too many bad reviews online. Their customer service representative was mostly responsive and cared about my concerns. They were pretty good. In the nature of the business, they hire independent truckers, so the problem was for the consumer-end for King of the Road. They have a limited amount of control. But everything turned out fine with the service they provided and my contact with King of the Road dispelled any concerns I had and made me feel comfortable. I referred them to someone who just finished using them.

I was moving from Philadelphia area to Los Angeles and needed to ship my vehicle. I decided to go with King of the Road since they gave me a fair quote and the reviews they have were good. I used their online quote calculator and being able to get a price range independently also helped me decide to go with them. Everyone was very helpful and nice and everything went really well. I'm very happy with the level of service they gave me.

My son relocated and I had to ship a vehicle for him. I got a very good quote from King of the Road Transport and I decided to go with them. Their customer service rep gave us all the information that we needed. He was also very timely. Furthermore, their transporter delivered the car on a holiday. I had a car shipped a couple of years ago and the company we used then was five days late past what they were supposed to be. That made King of the Road look top-notch. Overall, the service I received was excellent.

My experience with King of the Road was superior. I needed to transfer my daughter's car to another state for college. The process and contact was affordable, easy, friendly, and extremely timely. I highly recommend their services for your transporting needs. I am extremely pleased!

I was disabled and I needed to transport my car interstate. I looked up King of the Road Transport and checked their rating and customer service. They gave me a quote over the phone and said that they would stay by it. Also, their representatives were pretty thorough. They sent all the contracts in advance and I don’t think there's any hidden agendas with them so that was great. Then the car ended up with me in a timely fashion with no hassles on the pick-up and delivery. Overall, they were very efficient and the whole transaction was fantastic.

I bought a vehicle from Wisconsin and decided to ship it through King of the Road Transport based on reviews that I've read online. I got a quote online that was within the range I was expecting and the rep answered all my questions. If I had any question, I was able to reach out and they touched base with me during the entire process. They're knowledgeable and helpful. The transport took three days and the car arrived with no problems. The experience was smooth and I liked that there were no surprises.

I was moving and I wanted to get my car delivered in a specific time frame and on a specific date. King of the Road Transport was able to do what I was specifically asking as opposed to other companies. The quote from the online calculator was very fair and was below what I expected it to be. Also, everyone I worked with was very friendly and concise so it was a good process. The car needed to get a wash when I received it but that's because it was on the back of a truck for a week. Overall, the experience was quick and easy.

I purchased a car and there was one auto transport company I was working with. Their rep took my deposit and did not get back to me. I was looking for a secondary option then and King of the Road was very responsive and found me a transport so I went with them. Their quote was very good and their customer service representative was very professional, helpful and very apologetic about my situation. She did a great job.

Auto transport companies are brokers and the reality is that it's relatively rare to be able to call the trucking company and depend on a big step up for vehicles. I've never found a consistent and reliable way to do that. I have that experience with some of the brokerage companies where I had to be careful because they really want to take their fee upfront, which means I end up being dedicated to them, and if they're not going to focus on their business then I'm out of luck. But I've had some experiences before which were generally pretty good. I found companies that were reliable but they tend to go out of business. But while they were there, they did a nice job.

All I'm looking for is people who answer the phone, follow up and I don’t get nickeled and dimed to death. King of the Road Transport met all of that, and they had good reviews and it all worked out. I got a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon taken up to Detroit for some refabrication work. The problem is the brokerage doesn't control the carriers. For example, in the transport of the 2017 jeep, when they got up to Detroit, they did damage to the landscaping of the company where the thing was being delivered to and drove their truck across landscaped medium. And I've brought this their attention.

I've also experienced one time when a trunk, a deck lid or a hood didn’t quite hold down properly, they strapped it down with a strap and ended up doing $7,000 worth of damage to the paint job on the vehicle. Then, they just dropped it and ran. My insurance company covered it, but they were never able to get anything done under subrogation because the damage had to be identified at the point where the vehicle is dropped off and in that case, it was dropped off to a mechanic. The mechanic didn’t know to look for these kinds of issues and I find that it's a little bit of a fly by night industry. But King of the Road has been responsive and they answer the phone. They're not quite as responsive as some of the smaller companies, but it was the smaller companies that went out of business. These companies are big enough where they don’t really think about me as a specific client because I transport 10 or 15 cars a year. It's not a big deal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just had my recently passed Dad's 46' Ford coupe hot rod delivered by King of the Road, his name was Dick hence his license plate **. My experience with them was fantastic. They were super friendly and very timely with getting back with me and working with me when I was trying to plan a vacation and get a car delivered at the same time. Very professional. I would highly recommend. Thanks for helping keep great memories of my Dad alive guys!

I was relocating from state to state and King of the Road Transport gave me a better deal and worked with my schedule. I asked for a veteran's discount but they didn't offer anything, and the quote was marginal. At first, the lady tried but couldn't get anybody who would pick up the cars in Albuquerque and take them to Saint Louis. I had to leave on a certain day and they weren't sure if they were gonna settle. There was a lot of back and forth because there's one guy who was gonna go home and drive back dry. Then the gentleman, who eventually did it all, went out of his way to get the cars to me because I didn't want to leave them by. In the end, I got my vehicles without damage which is a good thing because they're classic cars and they also got my brand new bike to me safe.

I searched online and I got the cheapest quote I could find for a transport company but they ended up flaking out of me. I did an online quote with King of the Road Transport and a rep called. She was extremely helpful, very straightforward and completely upfront with me about the price. The next morning, she had someone lined up and it was easy-peasy. The quotes are always in the same price range. It was $1,000 more than what I was originally quoted from the first person who took me down but I can't be picky to get a transport for this cost or spend the money to drive two cars cross country with two kids. The transporter was super nice. There were some changes and we met as close to a hotel he can get to. He was helpful. And after I got my car, they called to make sure I got it and I was happy with the service. I would use them again.

I was moving from Connecticut to Florida and it's around 18 hours, so I needed to ship my vehicle. I found that King of the Road Transport was rated very highly on the Better Business Bureau and they have a competitive quote. We initially had a couple of challenges because, unfortunately, I had a death in the family right as we were about to move, so I needed to change the move date boosting my price up a little bit. But it worked out well in terms of us making changes to the date. It was very good service. The accessibility was easy to not only the driver but back to the person who was coordinating the trip. I would definitely recommend them again.

I needed my vehicle shipped due to a job relocation and the representative from King of the Road Transport who called me was really willing to help. I liked the way I was approached and the way he talked. He was more responsive and we had a very good interaction. In the end, I paid the same price as the quote given by the online calculator. King of the Road Transport has very friendly people and very good service. The experience has been convenient and I've already recommended a friend to them.

My friend and I bought a car and we wanted a closed transportation but sometimes it’s too expensive. King of the Road had a good rate and the price was fair enough. Their scheduler was good and found a driver on the same day. Then the driver was also good and he delivered our car a day earlier than the expected day. I’m satisfied with the driver and it's been a really good experience.

King of the Road Transport Company Profile