4.55/5

Ship Your Car

King of the Road Transport

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker with multiple discounts. Though there can be extra fees, they have the ability to ship most types of vehicles.

PROS

• Ships internationally
    • Door-to-door shipping option
    • Classic car options
    • Multiple discounts available

CONS

• Extra fees for modified or inoperable vehicles

Top King of the Road Transport Reviews

Go with a reputable company like King of the Road Transport. They did what they said they would without any stress or frustration. I commend Mary from King of the Road for reaching out to me. She really did a phenomenal job all around and I won't hesitate to use them again!

I normally do not write reviews but feel compelled to provide this one. I recently transported a WWII Willys Jeep (non-running) from NY to FL ... King of the Road came through on everything that they promised and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and flawlessly the entire experience happened.

Ship Your Car

About King of the Road

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker that connects consumers with drivers who haul vehicles across a state, region or country. Every King of the Road carrier is licensed, bonded and insured. King of the Road offers discounts to members of the military, students, senior citizens and repeat clients. Classic cars or any other car requiring extra protection can be shipped using enclosed shipping.

King of the Road cost

King of the Road costs varies based on several factors, such as condition of the car, size of the vehicle and type of shipping. For example, transports that run along the interstate highway system, mile for mile, will be cheaper than one that is largely through a rural area. King of the Road requires no upfront payment from customers and isn’t needed until your vehicle is being shipped.

Supply and demand on a route also affect the cost to ship with King of the Road, such as choosing a route during snowbird season. The cost to ship a sedan from Florida to the Northeast during the early summer will likely cost $900 to $1000 because of the popularity of this route; however, the cost to ship from the Northeast to Florida the same time of year might fall between $600 and $700. For this reason, if you’re trying to save money with a King of the Road shipment, try to plan your move during the offseason. A King of the Road representative will be happy to discuss with you more if you have any questions on costs.

Make sure to ask about discounts when requesting a quote. Additional fees may be required for expedited shipping. Modified or inoperable vehicles require additional handling fees.

King of the Road shipping options

King of the Road auto transport ships to all 48 contiguous states, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada and many other countries around the world. King of the Road is also able to handle all types of vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, pickups and oversized equipment. They have enclosed transport options for classic cars, luxury vehicles or just for added safety.

The quotes provided by King of the Road are for door-to-door transport, but they can arrange for terminal transports if desired. King of the Road requires all drivers to be insured as required by the FMCSA and offer additional gap coverage as a registered AFta Agent.

King of the Road highlights:

• Ships to all 50 states
      • International shipping
      • Ability to ship SUVs and trucks
      • Door-to-door transport
      • Terminal-to-terminal transport
      • Enclosed shipping available
      • Free quote

King of the Road shipping process

King of the Road provides a free quote for customers after providing basic information like vehicle details and the route needed. If you have specific needs, like closed shipping, you can discuss this further with a King of the Road representative and see how your quoted rate will change. Once King of the Road has collected the necessary information, they will provide a contract for their service. Then, they will schedule the carrier and provide the necessary information to the customer and the driver who will be hauling the vehicle. King of the Road keeps customers updated throughout the transport via phone, email, or text. Drivers provide inspections on pick up and delivery. Multiple payment options are available.

Do we recommend King of the Road?

We recommend King of the Road for a number of reasons. First, their ability to ship a wide range of vehicles to almost anywhere in the world. They also provide convenient tracking options that let customers know where their vehicle is every step of the transport. Plus, King of the Road has a long list of discounts that help keep the cost down. Finally, their door-to-door shipping makes pickup and dropoff convenient.

King of the Road Transport Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I’ve moved twice now in the last two years, once to Michigan and then the second time back to California. The first company I used was some broker through the internet and I was not happy with them. I sought out a different company this time for coming back to California a month or so ago, and as I googled, I saw King of the Road. I saw that they were rated from the Better Business Bureau. Carol, my contact person, was wonderful and she helped me the whole time. The cost was what I expected, and was comparable to what I paid two years ago.

Unfortunately, we shipped the vehicle before we left Michigan, so I only had a family member accept the vehicle for me. She did the walk-around, and she signed it off, but I know there’s damage there. It appears that the person who transported the vehicle tried to fix it. It’s obvious on the hood. It looks like it’s a small dent and a scratch, but then there’s this piece of tape that they tried to put over it that matches the color of my car. It’s like the size of a small piece of tape, about as long as an inch. I washed my car recently, and saw it. My husband and I saw it earlier too, but we were like, “Well, there’s nothing we could do, right?” So we didn’t do anything about it and just left it.

Other than that, I was very impressed with everything. I was super impressed with how quickly my vehicle got across the country. It got picked up on a Monday, and then it was dropped off in California on Thursday. That was three days versus three or four weeks that it took to get my car when I moved to Michigan with the other company that I used.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We didn’t wanna drive the car down and wanted to have it shipped. I reviewed all sorts of different sites and reviews online and King of the Road Transport seemed to get the best reviews with anyone that I found. They turned out to be excellent. They were very upfront and very trustworthy. They were on time and they showed up on the day they said they were gonna show up. The car showed up on the day they said it was gonna show up.

But then we went through a broker and she wasn't great. She quoted us a price and a location where the car would be picked up. Then, she came back to us and said that it wasn’t possible and it was gonna cost more money. She said that she didn’t know it was gonna be peak season. I said that nothing has changed since she gave us the quote, so she needed to honor the quote. She ended up honoring it, but I talked to King of the Road Transport directly and they said that they shouldn’t have given me that quote and that they would never have picked up the car in that location either with anyone else. I will go directly to King of the Road next time and I won’t use a broker. It’s more economical as you are not paying a brokerage fee.

King of the Road's location in Florida is right around the corner from us. They came to the Cape and picked up our car. The rep told me exactly what to expect and did a full inspection. There was no damage to the car. Everything showed up fine and it actually showed up a day earlier than they said. The driver called me and said, “There’s no problem at all. I can either drop it at your house or in a lot, it’s right around the corner. And when you get in town, I can come to pick you up.” He was great. I would not hesitate recommending King of the Road. I will be using them to ship my car back in the spring.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I bought a car which came out of Casper, Wyoming and I live in Saucier, Mississippi. I talked to an individual from Miami, Florida and got the quotes over the phone. The representative from King of the Road called me and I told them that I wasn’t sure with the exact date and that I would let them know. So, when I knew what I wanted, I called them back and they said they would see what they could do. It was 10 days in advance notice and the girl called me back. She told me they had a vehicle coming through there. I gave them the address but then, the driver called me. I gave him the phone number of the individual that had the car and he communicated with the person that was gonna ship it to me.

The driver called me and told me that he was leaving Wyoming, and that he would be gone for about five days. So, I told him to call me when he was a few hours out of Saucier, Mississippi. The driver stayed in communication with me but he wasn’t able to deliver it to where I live. It’s in the boondocks and the roads were too small to bring a semi down. So, I found a place on Highway 49 pretty close to where I live, so he offloaded the vehicle in a place where I was able to get it. Communication was ahead of time. All the planning was made in advance to where it benefited myself and the driver, and there was no inconvenience to me. They handled what I needed very well. I was satisfied with everything that transpired. I wanted transportation in a van and King of the Road provided that. They picked it up and delivered it to where I wanted, and everything went like clockwork and smoothly.

I told friends how I found King of the Road. I went online and posted it. There were several emails I got and the first one I tried was King of the Road. They provided me with everything I needed without me having to sort through all the other applicants and the people that wanted to do it. I was happy with the response I got with the cost. It was a great experience and they did a great job for me. A friend of mine was buying a car out of New Jersey, and I gave him the phone number of King of the Road. He called me back and told me that they quoted him a fair price and he was using them. Four days ago, he called me and told me he had gotten his car so, they provided him with good service also.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My experience with King of the Road was very positive. I was getting my car to my daughter who lives in California. I looked up a number of reviews on a few different transport companies and when I asked for a quote, the email that King of the Road sent me was straightforward. It seemed like it was gonna be easy to book with them and they didn’t send me 25 emails trying to get me to book with them. They were easy to schedule and book with, and they kept in communication with me the entire time. The driver was great. I live in an apartment complex and he met me in a Walmart parking lot next to my complex. And then, he drove me back to my apartment and everything went very smoothly.

Their reps were very polite and friendly. I have a job where I can't have my cellphone with me in my office so they were really flexible about calling my desk phone and emailing me. We were trying to set up the time and they were really good about giving me a ballpark of when the driver was gonna arrive. They kept in touch with me and emailed me at work as to how far out the driver was. In the end, I paid exactly what the quote was and the vehicle was in the exact same condition it was in when it left.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Our daughter was moving from Hawaii to Austin and we set up a transport for her. I Googled transport and King of the Road had good reviews but I had a good feeling once I actually talked to the customer service person. They weren’t hounding me and calling back and they were very friendly. Their reps answered all my questions and gave us a quote. Also, any time I had a question, I could call and they even knew my name when they answered the phone. They tried to help explain to me what port it would be going out of and they went through the transport from Hawaii to LA with me online with maps. They ship only on certain days and if our daughter had waited a couple of days, it would have put it back for a whole another week just because of the timeline that matched. They helped me understand that.

My daughter works downtown in Austin. It's a very busy street and the driver put her car in the middle of that street with her hazards on because there was nowhere for them to park that day. We knew it would be hard for them to do that. She went out and paid them, but it kinda made her a little bit nervous because everyone was honking at her. She hadn’t worked with her hazard lights in a while, and she didn’t really know how to turn those off. But that was the only glitch. They were very nice and they were trying to get the car closest to her work because she was working at the time. This was our second time to use them and everything was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Please email me for full story at **, happy to give anyone the facts - they knew they messed up, so the owner Jay Batista offered me a full refund. Haven’t heard from him for the last 6 months after he offered and I accepted. I’ve called, had my lawyer call, and emailed every month between then and now, no response. They’re clearly ignoring me. SDM (contracted thru King of the Road) damaged my car and illegally prohibited me from filing with their insurance.. King of the Road came up with the idea of refunding me on their end, so I’m very confused as to why they refuse to respond and follow through with THEIR offer. Feel free to contact me with questions. I’m in the middle of filing a civil suit against King of the Road as well as their contractor SDM Transport.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I looked at the reviews and the cost of different transport companies and chose King of the Road Transport. I took advantage of their online quote calculator and the quote was close to my final cost. Plus, the rep was very good. She helped. I was happy with the overall service from the King of the Road. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

King of the Road Transport was flexible regarding price and their rating on Better Business Bureau was high. Moreover, the individual that I was working with was very nice. I wanted to move my car from one state to another and the quote I got was okay. My interactions with their rep were nothing but top-notch and excellent. She was always friendly, explained how everything would work and reached out to me. Plus, I had a specific date and time and she made that work. And when I got the vehicle, it was in the same condition as when I dropped it off.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We had King of the Road bring up a movie prop vehicle from California to our show in Seattle then had them ship it back. The quote they gave us seemed fine, and the rep who scheduled the transport was great and very friendly. The transport took three days and when the vehicle arrived, it looked great. The experience was quick, easy and straightforward.

Original review: July 27, 2019

My experience with King of the Road Transport was good. I was doing a seasonal move. I wanted to use a company in Maine, where I am right now, but they’ve got some horrible communication reviews so I took a chance with King of the Road Transport and my interactions with the rep were excellent. The service was terrific and Dan was right on top of everything. The car showed up exactly when it was supposed to and it came in good shape.

King of the Road Transport Company Information