Consumer Reviews and Complaints

King of the Road Transport is an excellent company. Mike my rep. was very knowledgeable and professional. He knew exactly what I needed to do to transport my new car from Florida to NJ. I research many companies and chose this one because of it's very high ratings and reasonable costs. I wish this company many many years of continued success!

My husband had to ship an ATV purchased from Crankyape in MN to Niagara Falls, NY. After many disappointing searches and quotes, I was so glad when I found King of the Road and was happy to see all of their great reviews. They are definitely a great company to work with. King of the Road Transport did an awesome job of finding a carrier for us. Their price was fair and the communication was great! Since we live in Canada, the timing of delivery had to be a bit flexible so we could cross the border and meet the driver in proper time, which wasn't a problem to figure out. Erik and the rest of the team did a fantastic job of keeping us updated on the status. I received a phone call every day to keep me up to date on how their driver search was going. Once my delivery was picked up, I had it within 2 days! Very professional and I will definitely be recommending them to everyone.

Hi Keith,

I understand your frustration with the events that happened which lead to your vehicle arriving late. We always strive to provide updates to our customers on a regular basis and in this case it was impossible to reach the driver due to the fact that she suffered a medical emergency and had to be hospitalized. We kept in touch with the customer as to what the driver told us was their schedule. While contacting the customer in order to deliver the vehicle, the driver informed us that the customer threatened her and became belligerent and abusive. She said she felt uncomfortable delivering the vehicle at his house and requested he meet her at a local truck stop and phoned the police to come and mediate. The driver offered to send us both the hospital records and police report as proof of the events that happened. After the situation was resolved and the vehicles were delivered we were not aware of any issue until 2 months later we received an email asking for a call. Unfortunately our email system was going through an update and there was a slight delay, however we called Keith as soon as we saw the email. Keith requested a full refund of his deposit despite the fact that our contract clearly states that delays do happen and are out of our control. We wish him the best in all future endeavors and if he or anyone else has any questions or concerns they can reach me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 113.

Best

Sales and Operation manager

Original review: March 20, 2017

I hired KOTR to find a reliable trucking firm to deliver my truck from Texas to Missouri. We came to an agreement, and money was exchanged. My rep was great to work with, returning calls very promptly. Then we entered the twilight zone. The delivery driver was a no show. No contact for days. My rep helped me contact them, finally, and they gave another delivery date. That date came and went without notice, so we contacted them again. "Sorry, it's going to be next week before we can deliver." Then, notice was given that the driver was hospitalized, so more delay.

Finally the driver called and said she'd be on the road early the next day for the 8 hour drive, and would call when she hit the road about 5 am. By 10 am, nothing, so I called. Miraculously she said she had just left and would be to my door in 8 hours. Ten hours later she called to say she was an hour or so out, but wasn't sure of how to exit the four lane highway. Professional driver??? So we got her within three miles of my home, and she calls again stating she was unsure about turning on 'that two lane blacktop', because 'it's awful dark down there'. So I held her hand by phone for the fifteen minutes it took her to drive the three miles. Then, nothing. She parked on the two lane, shut it down, and wouldn't move. Ultimately she simply drove off, WITH MY TRUCK in tow.

The next day I get a text stating the truck is offloaded at a truck stop 8 miles down the road, and I need to bring her money in 15 minutes or she's leaving, again with the truck. All this was relayed to KOTR, who assured me it's the most ridiculous situation ever, and they'll take care of it. That's two months ago, and no contact. So I sent an email to KOTR last week. Today, I got a phone call from customer service stating they're sorry, but don't expect any resolution from the trucking company, or from KOTR. I paid them to find a reliable company, they didn't. Now they refuse a refund. Some kind of company. Beware.

Thank you very much Ray!

You certainly said it all! If you need anything in the future you can reach me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 305.

Mike Castro

Original review: March 15, 2017

First of all let me start saying, I did not know in where or who to call to get my car transported to one state to another. But thankfully Mike from the company guide me through the whole process. They didn't push me nor made decisions for me. After speaking with so many companies, I knew "King of the Road Transport" was the company I should hire to get my car transported to my home state. After signing their contract and getting the full details of the pricing it was very reasonable. But then this one company called me (We Will Transport It), started to bother me with numerous phone calls and harassing me that the company I had signed a contracted was a scam and blah blah blah. I talked back to the King of the road and they started to take the whole situation serious and they had my back through the whole process. I would highly recommend these guys.

Now here's the thing. You're hiring a company that would charge you not over $200 to find a good shipping company that will get your vehicle shipped in a mannerful time frame. I paid $750 to the driver. Getting my car shipped from the east coast to Midwest. It was a very reasonable price and not to mention. The company We Will Transport It that was harassing me with numerous phone calls somehow interfered with my driver and they wanted to charge me. This an example that King of the Road is a Legit company and the other one that was calling me is a bunch of scams that just want to steal your money. KING OF THE ROAD where you guys should get your cars transported. Not to mention. I also got the personal driver's name and company name as well.

They kept me updated on how far they were coming and when they were getting nearby. The car came in good condition and nothing was broken nor damage. Yes the car interior was a bit messy but then again. They need to load the car in and out. It's obvious that you'll find it dirty when arriving. Also my car arrived as they promised. Just remember weather conditions can affect your arrival time but it is surely that the car will come on time. I had mine shipped when we got the snow storm across the northern coast. It only took them 3 days to get my car here.

After all this experience. I would give my money to King of the Road. They're the most friendly people I have dealt with. Mike ** and his partner Bill were so helpful and I couldn't be more thankful. I would call you guys back if I ever need my car ship to any other state in the USA. And No! They did not pay me to write this review. I took the time off my work time to write this review and to let all people out there know that it is stressful sometimes to get a car shipped to one state another. Especially with all these companies out there trying to scam people or take their money. So as a learning experience and first time user. I would highly recommend King of the Road Transport! Thank you guys for all the help and support. I hope this review goes in long ways.

Hi Jason!

What a wonderful review! I am so pleased that everything went well and if you need anything shipped in the future please do not hesitate to give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 305.

Mike Castro

Original review: March 13, 2017

Initially, I was very hesitant to hire a shipping company. After a lengthy vetting process, I went with King of the Road. I am glad that I did. Awesome experience! Mike was on point! He had a driver assigned the day I signed the contract. The driver arrived at the door on time and was very professional. He even arrived at the destination city ahead of schedule. Although I was not ready for immediate delivery, he was very flexible to my schedule and delivered exactly where I wanted, when I wanted. Well done!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Hi Gerald!

It was a pleasure doing the roundtrip transport for you from AZ to NM. If you ever to need to ship a car in the future do not hesitate to give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 305.

Mike Castro

Original review: March 8, 2017

Going with King of the Road Transport worked wonderfully. I needed to have a vehicle shipped from Las Cruces, New Mexico to Scottsdale for some maintenance. My wife did the research using the internet and somebody called from King of the Road quicker than anyone else. Everything went as I would have wanted it to have gone.

Hi Brian,

I appreciate that you posted a review of your experience with us! If you or anyone you know is looking at shipping another vehicle please let me know at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 303.

J.D. Mickle

Original review: March 6, 2017

I dealt with King of the Road over a couple of months ago. Their quote for the relocation service was slightly less than average. The customer service rep was thorough in explaining everything of how it would work and what King of the Road's actual role is. He was able to give us a good deal and get us on a covered truck as well.

I sent my son's car to him in Savannah and I used King of the Road Transport. Their reps did what they said they were gonna do and they kept me updated. I wasn't there on the other end but everything went fine as far as I know and I don't have any complaints.

Hi Peter!

Thank you for posting such a detailed review! I am very pleased we were able to coordinate everything to match everyone's schedules. As far as the vehicle being dirty upon delivery that does normally happen when being transported half way across the country. If that is a concern we can always offer enclosed transport, however, that does have a premium rate. Please let me know if we can be of any assistance in the future. My number is 1(800) 955-0644 ext 303.

J.D. Mickle

Original review: March 2, 2017

I needed to ship a vehicle from Colorado down to Florida so I searched online and I saw that King of the Road Transport had a good rating. They gave me a good quote. However, I was planning on doing things a month down the road so it ended up being off. I ended up doing $50 higher than the original quote, but it was okay because the gentleman thought it might take too long for someone to pick the car up. I asked him if there were any other charges but he said they were only getting $100 and the rest goes to the driver.

I called them when I had the date. The car was sitting at a friend's house and I told their customer service rep that the job has to be done at my friend's convenience, which they arranged accordingly. I let my friend know that someone will contact her. King of the Road contacted her, picked up the car, brought it to my son in Florida, and contacted him. Once again it had to be at his convenience because he was working, and they arranged that as well. They gave him the car, my son gave them the money, and everything was clean and simple. However, my son told me that the car was filthy when it was dropped off to him and he had to take it to the car wash right away. I thought they would have water sprayed it. That might be something they want to think about because it won't make customers happy. But other than that, everything worked fine and I would recommend them.

Hi Antoaneta,

I am sorry that the driver got delayed for her shipment. We booked the driver with the understanding that he was going to try and pick up the vehicle on Saturday. He was delayed and as soon as we found out we notified Antoaneta of the change. Ultimately we are pleased with the fact that she had a great experience with the driver we chose. Hopefully she can see fit to give us a call to go over any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 1(800) 955 0644 ext 113.

Sales and Operations Manager

Original review: March 1, 2017

I bought a vehicle and wanted it shipped from Florida to Las Vegas. I previously went to two other transport companies but very quickly, I learned the brokers are the same. They promise the car will be moved on a certain day but they never do. I paid King of the Road Transport $100 more for they promised the vehicle will be moved on Saturday. When I told the manager the car's not moved, he said the driver was a little bit late which he should have told me in the beginning. They used the same driver and moved it on Monday. So I paid $100 more for nothing. I was not happy with that but I'm happy with the driver. He called me and said he'll pick up the car. He also called me before he reached the village, after he put the car on the trailer and two or three more times on the way from Florida to Vegas.

Hi Tony,

What a shame that you received your vehicle in that condition! I did however speak to the driver and they assured me that since their drivers have sleeper cab trucks they would have no need to ship items inside your truck. Is it possible that the person you purchased it from had stuff inside the cab they had not made you aware of? Please let us know so that we can get to the bottom of the issue. I can be reached at 1800 955-0644 ext 113.

Sales and Operations Manager

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I purchased a vehicle off of eBay and used King of the Road to ship it based on their initial responses. The customer service rep gave me a price, which seemed reasonable and was within the ballpark of everybody else’s. He returned phone calls and messages which I liked. However, the service itself was not that great. The vehicle looked like they had something inside the car. There was some marks on the leather and then the vehicle was very filthy. It was an open trailer so that’s okay, but as far as putting stuff inside, that wasn't something I expected.

Hi Kristina!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our services. Feel free to give us a call for your quote when you are ready to return at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 302.

Bill McNabb

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I worked with King of the Road Transport a couple of years ago and had a good experience talking to Kirsten. I used them again when I shipped my mother-in-law's 2007 Ford Five Hundred down to Florida. I spoke directly with Bill and our interaction was excellent. It was nice and easy with him, and I have his direct contact number. It was a quick and efficient experience and they'll be doing a return shipping for me, too, when they come back in March.

Hi Heidi,

I am pleased to hear that your vehicle arrived even though the weather was pretty threatening. If you or anyone else you know needs to ship a vehicle please feel free to contact me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 307.

Erik Roswell

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We bought a car and we had to get it from Idaho to Georgia. King of the Road responded better than everybody else and the quote they gave me was fair. Customer service kept me informed as to what was going on. This is the third time we shipped a car and this is the first time we've used them. They did what we asked them to do at a decent price. There were some issues with the weather when they transported the car and they did a really good job.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

My wife went down to Florida because Vermont has very strict laws about their cars falling apart so one needs to go to a place or a state that’s not in the Rust Belt. I needed to have a vehicle up where I am so I availed car shipping services and by luck of the draw, I ended up with King of the Road Transport. My experience with them started out great but it went downhill.

I was looking to see where the prices were. They called me and happened to have a vehicle that was coming this way on my timeline, so I used them. $600 to get a car from Florida to Northern Vermont is not bad and that's in the middle of the price range everybody was in. When they were already halfway here, they told me that the driver wants another $100 because he's going out of his way. I was already committed so it ended up costing me $700. The guy made a couple of phone calls but the truck he came up with was in worse shape than anything he was pulling. The thing broke down down in Montpelier so I had to go 75 miles out of my way to pick up the car.

My experience with them was a comedy. What they do is they lowball you to get you in, get the truck out, get the vehicle on the road, and then jack the price up and hold the car for ransom. We were up against it and didn’t have a choice to really investigate the different options that were out there. I wouldn’t recommend King of the Road Transport.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I couldn't drive the vehicle myself so I shipped it thru King of the Road Transport. I talked to Hal over the phone but the cost ended up being a little more than what they said by $100, which I wasn't happy about. It was a fine experience nevertheless. They were all pleasant and the shipment was easy to do. My car arrived where it was supposed to and that's what I needed.

Hi Sterling,

Thank you for choosing us to get your new car delivered to you! If you ever need a quote on another shipment please give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 303.

J.D. Mickle

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I bought a truck in Muskogee, Oklahoma and I live in Indio, California. I didn't have the time to take off work and go look at it so I bought it sight unseen and had King of the Road bring it to me. The customer service rep was really nice. He always seemed to get back to me as far as giving me details on when the truck would be picked up, and when they got the pickup, he called me. They had very good communications. The driver himself was a good guy, too. I enjoyed the whole overall experience. I'd definitely recommend somebody to King of the Road Transport.

Hi William,

Its always a pleasure to help someone get their new purchase delivered safe and sound! If you ever look at purchasing a vehicle in the future feel free to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 302.

Bill McNabb

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I needed to transport my vehicle because I bought it from somebody and King of the Road Transport was the first one to respond. I got a contact from Bill and he seemed like a reputable person and it was a good rapport so I decided to go with him. He gave me a price and I was happy with it. There were a couple of follow-up phone calls from the company that did the transporting and they took us some details that looked all good. They had an awesome service and I'd recommend them to anybody.

Hi Darlene,

It was a pleasure working with you and if I can be of service in the future please give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 302.

Bill McNabb

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I needed to move my vehicle from Texas to New Jersey. I did some research and saw great reviews about King of the Road. They gave me a fair quote and that helped me make my decision. Also, their service is reliable. Bill, the customer service representative, was very helpful with the quick turnaround that I needed. He was easy to get a hold of and you can call or text him. He was also able to answer questions and was very timely with his responses. Everything was great.

King of the Road Transport

Thank you Clara for such a wonderful review! I am always available to provide you with best service possible. Feel free to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 305 if you need shipping services in the future.

Mike Castro

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I was moving from California to Texas and went with King of the Road since they had great reviews on the Better Business Bureau. I worked with a guy named Mike and he was amazing. He made the process very easy and seamless. He helped me the whole way through and I was very satisfied.

Hi Steven,

I am sorry about the stress at the delivery end. However I am pleased that everything worked out and we were able to work everything out to your satisfaction. If you ever need to ship another vehicle please feel free to contact me at 1(800)- 955-0644 ext 303.

J.D. Mickle

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I shipped my vehicle over for a job and went with King of the Road when I saw them on ConsumerAffairs and found that they were ranked high. I was worried because there's a lot of bad content on the web saying about the nightmares shipping your car and bad things that happened but King of the Road was great. Alex was the one who talked to me most of the time when the car was being shipped and she was awesome. She kept me updated on what was going on and answered all my questions. She tried to help me with anything that came up that I thought I needed to know about. She was accommodating and she stayed on top to call me and keep in touch with me.

There was only one thing that happened that was problematic. When my car got to the port, King of the Road hadn't paid for it yet, so the port rejected it. I had to call them and find out why they hadn't paid. They said that they didn't realize that the car was getting there that quick. It was about a couple of hours of stress but I was satisfied and I thought they did a good job.

Hi Marvin,

I am glad that you were pleased with transport and I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to meet the driver. We always like to let our customers know that Door to Door service is done whenever possible. However please keep in mind that these are large trucks and may not be able to deliver to your door due to restrictions or inaccessibility. Thank you for your understanding in this and if I can ever be of service again please don't hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337.

Marc Turbiner

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I was moving out to California and I just didn't have time to drive my car. King of the Road Transport offered the best service for the money. A lot of other people offered a better price, but they couldn't guarantee when the truck was going to be picked up and I was leaving on a certain date. King of the Road told me that the car will be picked up at this time and date and it'll be over in California at this day and time.

The rep was also very polite. He followed up with me a lot, told me what was going on. Once he found a driver, he told me where the driver was located and when he'd be at my house. It was well-communicated. However, there's one thing that I wasn't really pleased about. When I got my truck delivered in California, the broker told me that it would be door-to-door, meaning someone would come pick up my truck from my house and then wherever I want it delivered, that's where they would have to drop it off at. But when it was time for delivery, the guy couldn't come to my house because the truck was too big. So, I had to meet them at a Target and I was there for about an hour, waiting for him to move the cars around to get my truck off. But other than that, I'm very satisfied. Best bang for your buck if you're in a time crunch. If you want a really reliable source to transport your vehicle, I'd definitely choose King of Road Transport.

Hi Dawyne,

Thank your for your service and the referrals!! Please feel free to give them my phone number at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I'm in the military and I was switching duty places. I Googled and King of the Road Transport came up and had good reviews. And the quote they gave me was really nice. I thought I was going to pay way more than that as somebody I called a month before told me almost double of what they charged. Their reps kept me updated with the whole process and a couple of times I had to change stuff and they were still there the whole time contacting me and letting me know how things were going. Everything was excellent and it went exactly the way I thought it should go. Also, I referred them to about three or four people.

Hi Charles,

I am glad that everything worked out to your satisfaction. Feel free to give a call when you are ready to move and I will gladly help! My number is 1(800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Max Sheppard

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I purchased a vehicle and I needed it to be shipped. I did a research and King of the Road Transport seemed to be very good. Also, I needed the car to be picked up and delivered at a certain time and they could do it. I used their online quote calculator and I was given a decent quote. In fact, I was able to obtain a quote without giving out a lot of personal information which worked out perfectly. I dealt with a young man who was very good in assisting me. He stayed up on everything and that was nice. Their service was great because they picked up the car on Saturday and the car was delivered that Tuesday morning. That wasn't bad going all the way to Mississippi from California. My first experience was great. I'll probably be using them again because I'm planning on moving and I have a few cars that I'll have to ship.

Hi John,

Thanks for using King of the Road to ship your skid steer! If you know of anyone who needs to ship some oversized or heavy equipment please feel free to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 332.

Max Badessich

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I bought a skid-steer in Colorado and I had it shipped to Alabama. King of the Road Transport was the first company to reply, so I went with them. The quote they gave me was fair and after the other companies emailed me their quote, King of the Road's quote turned out to be cheaper than everyone else. The guy that I talked to, Mike, was a really nice and helpful guy. The service I received was hassle-free.

Hi Satrajit!

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your experience! Its always nice to see nice words about the service we provide. If you ever need to ship another vehicle let me know and we will be sure to help you! Give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 302.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I was moving from Tampa to Bloomfield but I only had a few days notice. Since King of the Road Transport was ready to accommodate with my schedule and their pricing was within my budget, I decided to do it with them. One of their agents got back to me and asked about the details of my move. He then sent me an email on estimates and explained to me how it's going to work. Once I had it set up and they found a dispatcher, I then coordinate with them. The dispatcher then picked up my car and then delivered it on the day that I wanted it to be delivered. Overall, they were efficient and were good value for money and their service was satisfactory.

Hi Orianne,

I know that shipping to Hawaii can be quite the process and I am glad everything went so smoothly. If you ever need to ship another vehicle please let me know at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I moved to Hawaii and needed to ship my car. King of the Road Transport gave me the best pricing. Someone reached out to me with a quote that was way cheaper than everything else and it came straight from Houston so it was awesome. And they're able to pick my car the following day so I shipped with them. The rep called me almost every single day to let me know when my car was gonna get picked up and continued to call me when my car got picked up from Houston, once it got to LA, then it got on a ship, and then where it was. I was really kept in the loop about my car because I was scared and so they made me feel comfortable about the shipping. Then I got to pick up my car early because the rep called and asked them if it was ready early. That was awesome and it has been an excellent level of service. Overall, it was fast and it was an amazing experience.

Hi Itzamar,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review about our services. If you or anyone you know would like to ship another vehicle please feel free to give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 302.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I used King of the Road Transport when I was moving State. They gave a good and honest quote, and they have good customer service. When I called, we talked about how much it would be and when I wanted the vehicle to be shipped. I told them an estimated date and their rep called me back. Their process was easy and calm and overall, I had a good experience. They have great service.

Hi Geronimo,

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience working with us! If you or anyone you know needs a quote please feel free to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 309.

Monti Aletto

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I needed to transport a car and King of the Road Transport had good reviews. Their staff members asked me what I needed and I asked questions at that time and they answered them. I was also given a good quote. It was a great King of the Road experience. I would recommend it.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the kind review of our services and your experience! If you ever need to get another quote or ship another vehicle please feel free to contact me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Sincerely,

Carol Gondra

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I was moving and my vehicle wasn't really up to taking such a long trip so I had it shipped with King of the Road Transport. I used their online quote calculator and was very satisfied with the quote that I got. They were the most affordable. I also liked the fact that I did not have to give them any personal information before providing me a quote. Once I got the quote, I called and asked a couple of questions about the logistics from beginning to end. I confirmed the quote and went ahead and scheduled the shipment. The person came within that time and they delivered my vehicle even earlier than promised. My overall experience with them was exemplary. It was a smooth transaction and they gave very good service.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our services. If you know anyone who would like to ship an over sized vehicle or heavy equipment please feel free to give me a call at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 332.

Max Badessich

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

King of the Road Transport has a better price. The quote they gave was fair and I like that I didn't give personal information to obtain that one. I'm happy with it. They moved the truck from California to Wisconsin for me and everything was fine. It was top-notch and great.

King of the Road Transport Company Profile