4.76/5
Based on 258 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 17, 2018

385 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

Carol ** – our Sales & Logistics Specialist was terrific to work with. She took the time to explain the entire process and kept in touch with me each step along the way. Alex from Dispatch was also great to work with. Since this was the first time we had ever transported a vehicle, Carol’s excellent communication skills brought us peace of mind throughout the process. The driver that was assigned, Jacob, actually delivered the vehicle 2 days earlier than originally expected, which was a great help to our son in the Air Force who was waiting on the car. The vehicle arrived in the same condition as it was sent. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND King of The Road and would use the service again, as well as recommend them to others.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 4, 2018

I received an email from King of the Road which included the quote and I liked it. They answered promptly when I called them, and they responded back within minutes to tell me that the driver was ready. It worked very well.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was relocating from Kentucky to Phoenix. One of my friends had used King of the Road and he recommended them to me. Compared to other transport, the quote they gave was a little cheaper and the rep I interacted with was nice. She was very helpful and it was very smooth. They were planning to deliver the vehicle in one week but I got it sooner and they let me know in advance when the car was arriving. So, all in all, it was good and I would definitely recommend them. They're a good company to ship and the customer service is good.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I solicited a number of bids when I had to move across the country. King of the Road came in at the lowest bid and they had satisfactory reviews online. Everything went fine until there was an issue with the carrier company. They were apparently picking up another vehicle that was similar in the same city. We started getting conflicting information about when they were coming. I got a call from King of the Road telling me that the carrier was on the way to pick up the vehicle the next day when the vehicle had actually been picked up the day before. And I was out of town trying to figure out where the car actually was and trying to make sure that it was going to the right place. Apparently, it was all a screw up on the carrier’s end, but King of the Road was understanding and supportive and was able to track down the truth, and got it taken care of.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I needed to get a vehicle from one of our facilities at North Dakota back to St. Louis. I've used King of the Road before and I had good luck with them then, so I just used them again. The quote I was given was extremely fair based on what I found from other vendors. The gal I dealt with was very polite and very helpful. They said they found a truck that was picking it up right away and bringing it back quickly, so that was great. I was happy with that. Last time I had to do it, I had to wait for a truck that was going that route and it took a couple more days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: March 25, 2018

My experience with King of the Road was resoundingly positive. Cimarron, the driver's employer was excellent. We were relocating and King of the Road was responsive and competitive compared to other transport companies. Their quote wasn't the cheapest but it was closer to the cheapest. The saleswoman was very responsive and sharpened their pencil a little when push came to shove to seal the deal. If someone were to end up moving either for work or not, I recommend King of the Road.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had a really good experience with King of the Road Transport taking out a vehicle to my daughter who was in college. The conversations I had with the person who I booked the shipping with made me choose them. Also, I did some research and checked Better Business Bureau reports, and the company had very good ratings. The quote I was given was right on par. Claire, their rep, was extremely helpful too. I was at the Audi dealership getting my daughter’s car serviced and was thinking about driving it out back and forth. I called up Claire and told her that I wanted to go. She asked me when I wanted to do it and I told her ASAP. She then made a couple of phone calls and said, "I could have a guy there today." That was on a Tuesday and it was amazing. She was also good about sending me emails and did a lot of follow-ups.

The guy who they sent was super cool. He showed up around 6 o’clock in my neighborhood and loaded the car. I asked him, "When do you think it's going to be out there?" He told me it would be there on Thursday or Friday. I had a complete communication with him as I had his number and we were texting back and forth. He was very good about letting me know when he was going to be there. Since I got to get home, I flew out to Texas and the driver was there at 1 o’clock on Thursday. I would recommend King of the Road Transport.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I did not want to drive cross-country with a toddler again and since a lot of military families I know use King of the Road Transport, I went with them too. I wish though that their quote was cheaper but I was okay with it. My interaction with their reps was good. They answered everything I asked. And, the one that picked up vehicle was fine too. However, the guy that dropped it off, I didn't understand a word he said. But at least I got my car so that was cool. But there were a few scratches that were not on the pink copy when I gave my car to the transportation guy. I couldn't see it because it was covered in dust. I just noticed the scratches after I washed it. I'm a fulltime mom, student and I work, I'm too exhausted so I haven't gotten a chance to contact anybody. Overall, they have good service and good price. But I'd tell others to rinse their car when they get it to make sure there are no other minor scratches on there.

Original review: March 19, 2018

King of the Road Transport arranged the safe transportation of my vehicle from the midwest to the west coast during the late winter months. Their professional staff, (Marc and others) stayed in constant contact with me during the whole process, from beginning to the end. I had no problems, they answered every question, and were available when I needed them. The road team who picked up my vehicle, transported it and delivered it provided excellent service. My car arrived safely and in the same condition as when they picked it up. I am 100 percent satisfied with King of the Road Transport and highly recommend them to anyone needing transportation of a vehicle!

King of the Road Transport response

Dear Melody, thank you so much for this awesome review. It was a pleasure working with you. I am glad all worked out well. If you know anyone with shipping needs do not hesitate in referring them to me. Best regards. Marc. 954-780-8690 marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com

Original review: March 19, 2018

Contracted with King of the Road to transport my vehicle from Atlanta to Pittsburgh. Marc delivered as promised, having the car picked up within the time he said they would and delivered by Taurus Auto Group on time. I would use this company in the future.

King of the Road Transport response

Dear Regis, thank you so very much for this nice review, we try to excel with the services we provide our customers. I If you know anyone with shipping needs do not hesitate in referring them to me. Best regards. Marc. 954-780-8690 marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com

Original review: March 13, 2018

What a wonderful experience we had with King of the Road auto transport!! Claire provided exceptional customer service!! Above and beyond her job!! The driver (IFL haulers) she found us picked up on time and delivered on time. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought a car in Texas and I live in Connecticut. King of the Road was recommended and I hired them to ship my car. I called them and they gave me a quote. I wish it was a little more reasonable but I understand it was about where everybody else was falling, because I called around, too. I worked with Carol and she was great. She told me what was expected and that same day, she had somebody who was able to picked up the car. They were quick and I was very happy with my experience. I’d used them again and I recommended them to others.

Original review: March 12, 2018

King of the Road Transport was affordable and able to work with our schedule. They were recommended by a lot of other military spouses as well. They were very friendly and accommodating in scheduling the transport. We were able to have conversations to a direct person rather than going through a whole messaging system, which was nice. Having them be the middleman between us and the driver up until the day that our vehicles got picked up was nice too. There was a situation where our cars were about to be picked up a little too soon. My husband and I are both active-duty military and we were moving from California to North Carolina on orders. But we still needed to be able to go to work the day after the cars were to be picked up and they were able to be the middleman between the driver and us, and got us what we needed.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had two vehicles that were in a remote location and we had King of the Road Transport ship them back to our home office since we used them before. The quote they have us was fair and it was the same as the end payout. The driver was great and the car arrived in the condition it left. I'd give their email to my friends.

Original review: March 10, 2018

My father-in-law is 84 years old and he had driven out to Reno to my sister-in-law's to surprise us. But he ended up flying back and leaving his car out there but we didn’t want to drive all the way back to Reno to get his vehicle. King of the Road Transport had a very reasonable price. I had checked another company and they gave me a price that was so much higher than King of the Road. And when they finally located a driver, which took them a week and a half, they raised their price up $200 more. I called King of the Road and they were able to find a driver within a couple of days. The price they quoted me was also the price that they charged me, and it was quick and reliable service.

The customer service was great too. They always responded to me and let me know where we were at with it. It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend them and use them again. I also recommended King of the Road to my dad, who is into collecting and picking up cars, and he had used them to ship a car out of Texas.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I moved from Fort Loudoun, Tennessee and then, my vehicle mechanic lives in Florida. I had to put a new motor in my Ford F350 so I needed to transport it. I googled and talked to certain people and King of the Road was who I felt most comfortable with. Their rep was straightforward and not beating around the bush for nothing. My experience with King of the Road was good.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I bought a car in Oregon and had it shipped here and everything went well with King of the Road Transport. The ratings and the reviews I saw were a little bit better for them than some of the other ones I looked at. The online quote calculator also made things easier and the price was reasonable. I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I recently moved us from Michigan to Oregon and transported a 2017 Mazda CX-5. I had a short timeframe to move and King of the Road gave me the best quote, and the communication was very good. They were very clear on what could be done and what couldn't be done. They did not say multiple things, so whatever they were committing was for sure. That was good because when we go for movers, we always get that feeling that we'll be sitting around. Everything was committed and on schedule, so I'm really happy with the services. My experience was really good and in case anybody moves, I'll definitely recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We were relocating from California to the East Coast. We filled out a form so we were besieged by a whole bunch of folks that worked with it. King of the Road gave me a quote at the beginning and it was accurate. It gave us a five-day window, but I ended up paying $100. We also reached out for quotes from a couple of other companies and they were about $1,000 more, so this was worth rolling the dice on. King of the Road was proactive in reaching out to us when they got information, which was nice. They also resolved everything pretty quickly. They did what they said they would do, which was give us a good 24 or 48 hours' notice each time. And the driver was exactly on time, relative to his predictions, so that was all fine. I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I was moving across the country to a different school and I had to get my vehicle shipped over here. The quote King of The Road gave was accurate. The payment method though is different. They told me that I could use money order. And that’s why I made it out. And then less than 24 hours the driver called me and they were like they don’t accept that, they only accept cash or I can make a cashier’s check. But there's no bank here to withdraw. So I had to go to through that whole ordeal and that was a headache.

The driver is more so just like, "It's a policy of their specific owner/operator trucking company." But the customer service representatives at King of the Road worked with me very well and they did their best but it still kind of lays fault that they told me that I could use money order and then I couldn’t. They should probably communicate with the owner/operator more on their payment process.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I transported a GMC 2500 using King of the Road, which was recommended by the person that sold me the truck in Washington. I spoke with the vendor and we did everything over the phone. He did a good job. It was my first time getting something like that delivered and they delivered right on time. The driver unloaded it for us. The battery was dead and he jumped it. He made sure my boys could get it cranked and running before he took off, so I really appreciated that.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We have two cars and my husband's mom who lives in Philadelphia needed a car so we were shipping one to her. King of the Road Transport had better reviews and their reviews seemed a lot more consistent compared to other companies. The online quote calculator also made getting a price range easier and convenient. I didn’t have to give out my email ‘cause companies would start sending you lots of email if you do that. And the final price was exactly what they said it would be. Everybody was really great too. They did what they said they were going to do. They communicated well and were very thorough. They called a lot to make sure to keep me updated about the driver. And any time I emailed, they got right back to me. They made it very easy for me to ship my car and I had a great experience.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Previously I was struggling with another company about shipping my car across the country. After a lot of frustration, I decided to shift to King of the Road and glad to find an immediate difference in their service. By that time I was physically in the new place, while my car was left at the old apartment, so picking up my car was not easy. Yet Carol **, the coordinator working on my case, was really helpful, patient, and responsive re my (a lot of) questions, and reached out for carriers to take care of my special needs. The pick up was much faster and easier than I thought, and my car was delivered safely sooner than expected. I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends who ever need to move their cars in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was doing a military transfer and though King of the Road wasn't the cheapest, they had a pretty fair price and their quote was accurate. I hit the same ice storm that the truck hit, so I understood why they extended it a couple of days, but I didn't mind. Nothing happened to my car, so the service was good as it could be. I've recommended their services to somebody and she's gonna use them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We sold a vehicle so we needed to use an auto transport company. King of the Road Transport had an online quote and the price was good. The service was very good too. They were on it right away and they followed all the steps along the way so they did a really nice job. I would use them again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Was worried at first about shipping my car but they made me feel comfortable about the process and kept consistent contact to let me know what was going on. Awesome job. Will use them again when I move again in the next couple years.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

There was thorough communication, follow through, and straight shooting. I was very happy with how things went up to the shipping and did not have any issues getting my car from Maine to Florida. I would recommend these guys. They will do a great job for you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Top to bottom, there was thorough communication, follow through, and straight shooting. I was very happy with how things went up to the shipping and did not have any issues getting my car from Denver to Anchorage. I would recommend these guys. They will do a great job for you!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was moving and used King of the Road. Their price was decent. I think it could have been cheaper, but it's okay. It was good with the representative too. But I don't think it's fair to pay the company lots of money and this money doesn't go to the driver. I feel this is not fair. Most of the money should go to the driver. And it's fine to have a commission but not 30 or 50 percent of what I had paid. It doesn't make sense.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the review and I'm glad you are pleased with how Claire and our team handled the order. We would like to point out that there is a standard industry broker fee. We have aligned our fee with the service we provide for each and every client. Just because the carrier payment may be less than other routes, doesn't mean we are not required to do just as much work. Screening the carriers, matching a carrier with the exact schedule requested. This takes time, effort and talent. Verifying the driver is licensed and insured, not just on paper, but with physical phone calls to verify they are in fact covered and reliable, all while following up with the client along the way. We thank you for your feedback and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your transport. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding our fees or transport services.

Best,

Jeremias Thuesen | Operations & Sales Manager
@ jeremias@kingoftheroadtransport.com
P (954) 368-9829 F (954) 374-6948

www.kingoftheroadtransport.comSales and Operations Manager

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a military move and the quote that King of the Road gave me was $300 less than everybody else. They have excellent service and their rep got everything set up within a day. They were easy to deal with and got everything done on time.

Hi Carissa & Gabriel,
Thank you so much for this glowing review. I am glad you had a good experience. Communication is key and you have been responsive at all times which always helps. Best wishes with your new endeavors in San Diego. If you ever need a transport or any of your friends, relatives feel free to refer them to me.
Best regards.

Marc.

King of the Road Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

King of the Road puts customer service first. They offer quick shipping, affordable pricing and no hidden fees. Their broker fee isn’t charged until after pickup, and the driver fee can be customized to meet the consumer’s budget while still providing the services they need.

• No upfront costs: The deposit is made on pickup, not when the job is scheduled, and the remainder is paid on delivery. There are other options available, and King of the Road will work with consumers to find the right payment option for them.

• Financing available: For orders over $99, financing is available to help make shipping stress-free.

• Frequent updates: King of the Road provides updates to the client throughout the delivery process.

• Enclosed and non-enclosed trucks: King of the Road offers both enclosed and non-enclosed trucks, so consumers can choose the option that works best for them.

• Lead time: The company requests early scheduling to coordinate their logistics.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

King of the Road Transport Company Information