Call toll free
4.70/5
Based on 194 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

439 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I normally do not write reviews but feel compelled to provide this one. I recently transported a WWII Willys Jeep (non-running) from NY to FL. Sorting through the various companies that offered their trucking services seemed monumental and almost overwhelming. Reading through the reviews of numerous companies I found King of the Road. I further found that they seemed to have the best overall ratings and satisfaction from previous customers. It was a leap of faith on my part when I contacted King of the Road to ship my vehicle.

Fortunately, my first contact was with representative Marc **. Marc was extremely professional and courteous in all my dealings with him. He gave me a quote, completed a contract and started looking for a driver. Due to the fact that my vehicle was not in running condition it was difficult to get it shipped. Marc went the extra mile to ensure that he found a driver and the Jeep was shipped soon after. Marc kept me informed every step of the way.

The driver who arrived in NY to transport the vehicle was pleasant and loaded the Jeep carefully and quickly onto the transport. The Jeep arrived in FL the very next day, one day ahead of schedule, in the same condition as it was when it left NY. King of the Road came through on everything that they promised and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and flawlessly the entire experience happened. Marc was easy to deal with and provided a great shipping experience for me. I would highly recommend King of the Road and Marc ** to anyone. Awesome from start to finish, extremely satisfied customer.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I contracted with King of the Road Transport to ship my Jeep from San Francisco to Austin. My truck showed up in Austin with a mirror broken, and the damage deliberately hidden. The driver rushed me into signing the paperwork without letting me examine the vehicle, then basically said "Haha sucker!" and rushed away in his truck. 4 minutes later when I called King of the Road Transport about the damage they basically said "Haha sucker!"

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm in the military and I got stationed at another location. I used King of the Road to get my car shipped from San Diego to Maryland and it has been very easy experience overall. I like the quote they gave me and it was justifiable. The representatives responded quickly, were friendly and courteous, and answered all the questions I had. The transport took five days from when the car was picked up to when it got delivered. The only drawback I encountered was that I had to travel 15 miles to meet with the driver, but that was not too bad. I thought it will be hard to transport my vehicle, but I liked the way King of the Road dealt with me. I would recommend them and I would love to do business with them again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

One of the key to a successfully business is open line of communication and outstanding customer service. This company “King of the Road Transport” management and support staff are amazing, they kept constant communication with me and the personnel had standing by to receive my vehicle in my absence. Faster process I have ever witness, I am very pleased with King of the Road Transport. I will use them again and again for my shipment needs. One of their notable processes is how expeditiously they can get your shipment taken care of. **COMMUNICATION AND OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE LEADS TO POSITIVE RESULTS.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I was shipping my vehicle to a place that was 1,800 miles away. I looked at half a dozen companies and King of the Road had some of the best ratings on the internet. Pretty much, the ratings were all I had to go on and the prices were pretty compatible. The rep was very good all around. He was very courteous and prompt, and he made a good follow up. Also, the driver was excellent. So, King of the Road made a good decision there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: July 28, 2018

King of the Road Transport's customer service rep was fine and helpful. However, the delivery took longer than I expected. I didn't understand that it would be more like 10 days. For some reason, I was thinking five days. But that was the only thing. The vehicle got there safely and everything was fine.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I can't say enough how pleased I am with King of the Road Transport. I purchased a vehicle through an auction and had reached out to many brokers. This was my first time using a broker or needing a vehicle shipped. Regretfully, I first booked a different broker. Big mistake. They were quick to take $200 from me and provide little to no communication and they finally dropped off the earth. Mary from King of the Road send me an email after the 3rd day of no communication from the other broker and her timing could not have been any better! Mary took the time to walk me through the process and how her company can get my shipment taken care of expeditiously.

Shortly after booking, I received notice that they have secured a trucking company and it would be arriving the next day. They were able to accomplish in a matter of hours what the other company spent ten days and then just up and disappeared. I had to laugh the next day when a driver from the other broker called and asked me if the truck had been picked up. I explained to him that it was and he asked about the price I paid. I was shocked when he said that the amount I paid King of the Road was very close to what he was going to charge me. So in other words, the original broker stated that they could deliver for ** dollars, took $200 for a deposit and said that if anything "out of the norm" surfaces after dispatch that may affect the rate, then I would be required to pay it.

After talking to the other driver, I would have paid almost the same amount in the end. Wrapping it all up, avoid the hacks out there. Go with a reputable company like King of the Road Transport. They did what they said they would without any stress or frustration. I commend Mary from King of the Road for reaching out to me. She really did a phenomenal job all around and I won't hesitate to use them again!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I called to request a quote from King of the Road because of the reviews. I was told by the representative that they pick up in this area every Tuesday and Thursday and they had available Aug. 19th and 24th for the Pasha shipping vessel that departed the Aug. 8. Since my son, who is moving to Hawaii was working out of town and wanted to work a few more days. The representative never told me that the 24th that was the final date the truck company could pick up the motorcycle and deliver it to Pasha for the ship that leaves on the 8th and I was never told that it had to be there on the 31st. On the 25th the day prior to us expecting the motorcycle to be picked up, somehow we got word that it would not be able to be picked up the 26th, but even if they were able to pick it up that day it would not get to Pasha in time for the ship that left on the 8th for pickup on the 17th.

There were numerous calls where King of the Road said they were working to get the motorcycle picked up by someone, and delivered on time. While I admit I lost my cool, the customer service department did not understand my frustration with the issue. They just kept saying that the pick-up was not guaranteed and I was given the opportunity to book the 19th or the 24th. My first discussion with them was on the 17th and I received the quote on the 18th, so that eliminated the 19th. If I had known the 24th was the last day, I would have requested pick-up that day, but the agent told me the 26th would work. At this point I was trying any companies that would get it shipped to San Diego on the by the 14th and again requested a quote from King of the Road as we were just going down our list of companies we had requested the first time.

King of the Road said the trucking company said it probably could pick it up the 31st to get it there within 7-10 business days. However, if again we got bumped from the 31st, then that would probably put us on the ship that would make the motorcycle available Sept. 14. It was too great a risk and while working with any company has been difficult, we agreed that I would not work with King of the Road again. The one thing was their insistence that they explained everything to me about the original dates, when I pointed out that the agent, while never using the word guarantee, never informed me that the 24th was the last day and had we known the motorcycle would be available that day.

I was told by a manager that they would speak with all agents, who I found out are independent contractors, so that it would never happen again. I said that is fine, but what about me. And while she said she did everything they could to get the bike delivered on time, I hastily said I did not want to work with the company again, which I will admit was the wrong thing to say out of haste. However, they never worked to try to get my business back or do anything to say, instead of not doing business with us, let us work things out so we can get you on the next ship. Basic customer service. Again, I admit what I said was wrong, though I never raised my voice or used any foul language. But, it was obvious, they did not want to do business with me further.

The only remedy they provided for the future was the say they would meet with the reps and explain to them the dates and how to present them to customers so what happened to me does not happen to anyone else. Now Pasha is booked on the next boat and I cannot the earliest I my son can pick up the motorcycle in Hilo is Sept. 14, after his Aug. 7 arrival. So, hopefully he can find transportation from the dorm to the school, which is eight miles apart, so he can continue his helicopter schooling and be able to finish several of his certifications by Christmas. It was just one of those bad experiences with a company where I came out on the short end.

Original review: July 26, 2018

King of the Road Transport is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and so when we moved and had to transport our vehicle, we chose their service. I used the online calculator to get a general price range. Then, we got a bit of a discount after talking to someone since we had used them in the past. Their customer service reps were very helpful too. They kept us informed as to the progress. I also communicated with the driver. He came on time and the vehicle was in good condition.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I solicited several quotes to ship my car since I was moving. King of the Road Transport's wasn’t the lowest but given the level of service I was expecting, I thought it was the most reasonable. The rep did a good job. I felt for him because at the time gas prices were starting to climb and we had to readdress that issue a couple of times. The cost went up a hundred bucks, which was not a big deal but he was really sorry that it had to happen. And I totally understood. You’re not gonna get a guy who will drive across the country if he’ll lose money. The cost was also just fine for a coverage carrier to get this certain car across the country and in that short period of time.

The level of service was great. However, I snapped at the rep when I got here because I didn’t read the contract thoroughly. I didn’t realize cash was due on delivery, so I had to run down there and pay cash and I was very frustrated. When I went back to the contract, I saw that he was right and I was wrong. So, I apologized for that. But, they should reiterate that when the car shows up on the other end, you need to have the cash that you owe the guy. Other than that, the driver was great. He had gotten some damage to his truck while he was coming out of Arizona, but the car had gotten here in one piece and was dropped right where they said they would. King of the Road Transport did great.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I contacted several vendors over the internet and there were some that responded with a quote. They even negotiated the price down to what the other people were actually quoting. But none of them had anyone who would go to Rugged Maine to pick up the car for me. It took about a week for King of the Road to find someone willing to get that load. I secured transaction for the deposit and a guy picked up and delivered the car. Their customer service rep kept me informed of the entire process. But he probably over-communicated because he kept calling me a couple of times a day when they were still looking for somebody to pick my car up. Nevertheless, I was happy with the service I received.

Original review: July 23, 2018

King of the Road Transport drove my car to Wilmington, North Carolina and they were wonderful. The people that took the booking were very professional and made me feel at ease. Everything was expected and the car got here when it was supposed to and it was in great shape as it was when they got it. I’m living in a brand new apartment complex so the address can’t just be put into the GPS. So they found the leasing office and called me from there, and I told them how to get to the apartment and they delivered the car right to me. Also, the quote was exactly what they said it would be and I had to have a check ready for them when they got here. They also didn't hold me up for any more which was something other car transport companies do. It was very well done.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I moved to another state and used King of the Road Transport's services to ship my vehicle. I got the quote from somebody who I spoke to and it was a fair price. I felt good about the quote as it was better than others. The interactions I had with their customer service reps were good and the driver was on time. Also, the vehicle's condition was the same as it was before.

Original review: July 21, 2018

King of the Road had some decent reviews and they also gave a military discount. We are shipping my daughter’s car from California to our home in Minnesota. King of the Road was really good at communicating upfront. Their rep was on the spot and very thorough, which let my mind at ease that they were gonna hire good drivers who were gonna be just as communicative as she was.

When the driver was coming into town, there was a lack of communication with him. He came in early, but we weren’t prepared and there wasn’t a lot of time to prepare. My husband and I are both busy and we have to have time to plan to meet him. But everything else was great and went really smooth. The diver also helped out with getting the car started because the battery was dead as it had been sitting there for about six months. We were very happy to get the car back in one piece. Their pricing wasn’t the cheapest but it was very fair.

Original review: July 20, 2018

The quote I got directly from King of the Road Transport was fair compared to what other people were offering. And my interactions with the customer service were good, as well as the overall service provided to me and the condition of the vehicle.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I looked at the advertisements and the quotes and King of the Road Transport was the most reasonable. I called them and the representative whom I worked with was very nice. The shipping of my Kia went fine, and the driver was very nice and professional and gave us calls where he was at. They were also on time. I told them I would use them again on the way when I transport the car back at some future dates.

Original review: July 18, 2018

As a Father's Day gift to our dad, we had his antique car shipped from Orlando to Minneapolis where he moved. We used the services of King of the Road Transport since they have good reviews and the price that we got when we used their online quote calculator was reasonable. Clare, our rep, called me and we set up the initial date. I ended up having to reschedule but that was a really easy thing to do. I just emailed Clare and I was able to pick a different date. Clare also made sure that the transport company called me the day that they were gonna be here. I also had a follow-up call afterwards to make sure everything went well. Also, the driver we had was really helpful. Since the car was an older car, I had had difficulty starting it but he was able to help me with all of that. The car arrived in the same condition as when it was picked up.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We had to ship my mother-in-law's car up North where we live so she could come live with us to recover. I looked at the top five transport companies on the ConsumerAffairs site. We ended up having to do a rush job through King of the Road, while my husband and I were down at my in-law's house because both my in-laws were in the hospital so they couldn't do it. Mark, the rep, was very helpful and very personable. He found a company to do it. My mother-in-law wasn't coming up for a couple of weeks, so it didn't matter how quickly it got there, just how to get it picked up during the tight timeline. So the quote given at the beginning ended up being more. But it was a good quote. I knew specifically what the increase was, so it was based on the accurate quote.

The driver contacted me to give me updates and more specific times, although the very last time when he said that he would call me when he was 10 minutes out, he never did. I heard from my niece and my sister-in-law that they had already come and dropped off the car. I was supposed to give them a heads up, so it was lucky they were home. But other than that, during the whole set-up thing, Mark was texting me and calling me, so it was definitely good communication until it was in the driver's hands. The vehicle was in good shape and it went to where it was supposed to.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My sister-in-law lived in Florida and she decided to move here to Colorado but she was going down to South America and she couldn't drive the car over here because it would be cheaper for her to fly from Florida to Peru. So she needed the car sent over here and I helped her set that up. I talked to the same lady from King of the Road Transport the entire time and she was very straightforward and courteous. What she said was what it was and I liked it. There were no tricks. She stuck with me and explained to me the process, everything they were gonna do and how they were gonna take care of it.

Then the truck driver came in with the car but couldn't get into the neighborhood because the road is not wide enough for the truck. So he parked on the outside of the gate, drove the car over here, then I inspected the car, I paid him and that was it. The truck driver was dedicated to his cargo. Also, the quote was accurate. It was straight what the company sent me on the email. Everything was very smooth and it was a great experience. There were a couple of times that they said they would get back to me and they sure did. If I have another chance to bring another car over here, I would recommend King of the Road.

Original review: July 14, 2018

The car was shipped in a timely manner and King of the Road did a very good job of keeping me informed. It was a daunting task filtering through all the brokers to have the car shipped. King of the Road exceeded my expectations. I would recommend King of the Road and I will use them again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I inherited my father's truck and I didn’t want to go all the way to North Carolina to pick it up. With the plane tickets, it would cost me less to ship the truck. The Better Business Bureau and the Department of Transportation reviews for King of the Road Transport were all good. I filled out the online quote calculator and then I discussed the quote over the phone with a rep as well. The quote was very accurate, so it worked out perfectly. And the reps were very helpful during the entire process, so I was on and off the phone with them a couple of times. The driver called me pretty much every time he stopped. He gave me an accurate time frame and he was very much on time, so he didn’t take long. Everything was great.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We moved across the country and needed our car moved too. We used King of the Road Transport and the phone calls and emails that I had with them were fabulous. They were very clear and I understood the process. They delivered on what they said and the driver was very friendly. The transport from North Carolina to Utah started on a Friday and the delivery was made on the next Wednesday. The quote versus the final payout was exact. I had a friend who recommended them and I would definitely recommend them. You should go with them.

Original review: July 10, 2018

When I needed to ship a big truck from Colorado to Jersey, I was bombarded by calls one day by transport companies and Mark of King of the Road Transport stood out among them. He told me their price offhand and it was one of the best ones I got. In terms of the cost in relation to the service we got, it was great. I paid the exact price they told me. Everything was perfect and I could not be happier. The guy that picked it up is potentially one of my friends now. His truck broke down not too far from where he was picking my truck up and he had no one around.

I was wondering why the delay and he said that his truck broke down so I literally drove to him. We tried fixing it and it did not last long. Then, we literally drove to get parts in the truck he was picking up to ship, and six hours later, we had the thing fixed. We got to know each other very well and we still talk to this day. When the truck was dropped off, the driver was different and the truck's condition was the same as before. If the experience ever needs to happen again, I’ll use King of the Road Transport for sure.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I brought out a vehicle I inherited to my location. King of the Road has good reviews online and somebody responded personally to my email. Then they called a couple of times but I wasn't available because I work. Still, they followed up in a number of occasions to see throughout the process to make sure everything was going okay. They kept me updated and it was mostly via email or text because I wasn't available to speak. My husband handled the pick up and drop off and he mentioned no issues. So, everything was great. I would tell others to check King of the Road out and I also already told somebody about them.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We moved from LA to Chicago and had to ship 2 cars with King of the Road. They were the best price among a few quotes I got after I went on the internet and looked for a car transportation company. The person I called is a broker and they went ahead and found a driver for the price that they quoted. The driver came out and he was fine gentleman. The process was very simple where we gave a deposit then paid in full on delivery. The transport took only about three days. Everything was cool and I'd definitely use them again. I also recommend them if you're gonna transport cross country.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I needed to ship my vehicle from Houston, Texas to Indianapolis, Indiana as I was moving, and I was referred to King of the Road by a friend. They contracted a company and that company called me the day they were supposed to pick up the car that they would not be able meet me. So, I had to drive about 20 minutes to drop off the car, and then I've taken Uber back. And then when the car was delivered, it was also not delivered to the specific place that I had requested to be delivered to. And the person who was going to pick up the car for me had also taken Uber to go pick it up.

While I was happy with the person I dealt with who actually work for King of the Road, I was not happy about the company they used to actually transport. They were very unprofessional. There were also some issues with the payment, which was my fault. I thought I could pay with a personal check but obviously that didn't work. My car took about 4 days to get there in Indiana and it was in one piece, so everything was fine. But it was not like how I thought it would be. Then I also sent an email to the King of the Road representative that I was working with throughout the entire time but I never heard back.

Original review: June 29, 2018

My son's in the military and I shipped a truck to him in Georgia. I did a search and King of the Road Transport had the best price, so I went with them. I sent a request and they followed up. Then the guy I dealt with was really nice to work with and he stayed on top of things. They provided very good service overall.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I was moving and did a day of research. A lot of companies were calling me and sending me emails. And the representative from King of the Road kept with me. I kept telling him to call back the next week, and she kept calling back and was very nice. And when I started looking again, their price was good and competitive, and she remembered me. Whatever she said was accurate. And she followed up. It was a good experience.

Original review: June 22, 2018

King of the Road answers all your questions, and makes you comfortable about the process. If you have any questions they’ll walk you through it or try to find the answer for you, which is nice. I had a few problems and I called them and they reached out to the dispatcher and then tried to solve all of that. Claire, the rep who helped me, was wonderful. The dispatchers were also great. The only problem I had was that there was some conflict about what day the car was gonna be picked up because I set the available pick-up days. The guy called me the day before the day of the pick up to pick up the car earlier and I couldn’t. And then when the pick up day came around, they had the day to do it.

Well, they picked it up on the fifth day, which was still fine because it was in the five-day grace period, because they always go to that guy since he’s the only one who makes the Texas to Vegas route. And so, he had to come back. If I knew that, maybe I would’ve worked it out where I’d get the car earlier. But I didn't know that. That was just my misunderstanding. But I was really confused before because he was calling me a day before saying he’s picking up that day before it was ready. But it worked out because he’s actually seen my car and he felt bad. So, it was fine.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was getting out of the army so I had to move and King of the Road's reviews were the best. I used a website that compared rates with everyone and their quote was about the same as other places as well. Then I got a call from King of the Road and the person I talked to was friendly. My interaction with the driver was also quick. He came and once I've dropped the vehicle off, he drove it in the truck. It took about 10 minutes.

King of the Road Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

King of the Road puts customer service first. They offer quick shipping, affordable pricing and no hidden fees. Their broker fee isn’t charged until after pickup, and the driver fee can be customized to meet the consumer’s budget while still providing the services they need.

• No upfront costs: The deposit is made on pickup, not when the job is scheduled, and the remainder is paid on delivery. There are other options available, and King of the Road will work with consumers to find the right payment option for them.

• Financing available: For orders over $99, financing is available to help make shipping stress-free.

• Frequent updates: King of the Road provides updates to the client throughout the delivery process.

• Enclosed and non-enclosed trucks: King of the Road offers both enclosed and non-enclosed trucks, so consumers can choose the option that works best for them.

• Lead time: The company requests early scheduling to coordinate their logistics.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

King of the Road Transport Company Information

PO Box 938802
Margate
FL
www.kingoftheroadtransport.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business