toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Sean,

Your review was very kind! It's nice to hear you are so pleased with our service. If you or anyone else you know needs to ship a car please don't hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext. 335

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I moved from California to Texas and needed to ship my vehicle. King of the Road looked professional when I Googled them. They were the second people that I had the opportunity to talk to, but the first one fluctuated in price. So when I got a quote from King of the Road online, I called them to validate and verify. Then I confirmed and locked it in. Their customer service on the other end was right on the money. Their rep was professional and accommodating. The driver was professional as well when he picked up. It arrived on time and in perfectly good condition.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting a review for us!! I am so glad you gave us the opportunity to ship your car to Florida and that everything went to your satisfaction. If you or anyone you know needs to ship a car in the future just give me a call at 1 (800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I was coming back to Florida and needed to ship my car. I went through the internet and saw that King of the Road Transport had good ratings. So I gave them a try. Their staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. They gave me a price right away. Then they came earlier than they thought they would. So they were good.

Hi Ruby,

Transporting a car while being overseas can be tough and I am so pleased that everything went smoothly. If you or another family member needs to ship a car please don't hesitate to contact me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had used King of the Road Transport last March 2016 to transport my mom's car when I was moving and had a good experience. So, I went with them again when I transferred my car to my sister. I was in Tasmania and she was in Texas. I had good interaction with their customer service agent.

King of the Road Transport

Thanks for writing such a nice review Bill!!

We always strive to provide you with the best rates we can while still getting your vehicle shipped within your schedule. Its always a pleasure working with you and your company. Should you require our services again we will happily provide you with the same excellent service. Please feel free to call me if you or anyone you know needs a vehicle shipped. I can be reached at 1(800) 955-0644 ext.112

Mary English

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I use King of the Road Transport for our oil company to move vehicles to and from the CEO. They've been super good and I've never had any problems. They seemed to ship the vehicles on time without damage and their rates don't change or fluctuate. It's pretty much what they quote me.

Hi Vidal!

Thanks for choosing us to ship your vehicles to you after you purchased them! If you or anyone you know purchases a vehicle and needs it shipped please do not hesitate to call me at 1 (800) 955-0644 ext112.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

Mary English

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I bought a vehicle and needed it brought to me. I used King of the Road to transport my vehicle because they're cheaper than the other company I've tried. I had great interaction with their reps. They were friendly and knowledgeable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Hi Leslie!

I am so glad we were able to assist you in getting your BMW fixed!! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review and look forward to providing you with the same stellar service in the future!! Please do not hesitate to call if you or someone you know needs a car shipped. I can be reached at 1(800) 955-0644 ext. 112

Mary English

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I shipped my car to a repair shop through King of the Road because I worked with them before. The quote they gave me was within our budget. The reps got back with me promptly and worked very well with my schedule. I was happy with the service and I would recommend them.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for posting a review!! We always appreciate returning customers and would be more than happy to help you again in the future should the need arise. Please dont hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337.

Marc Turbiner

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

My girlfriend used them to move across country so I did the same. The customer service reps were very helpful. The driver was really cool, very friendly, and professional. I got my car in one piece without a scratch on it so it was all good.

Dear Judi,

I appreciate the detailed review you gave us! It was a pleasure scheduling the transport of your sons car and I am extremely glad everything worked out to your satisfaction! If you or anyone you know needs a car transport in the future please feel free to give me a call at 1 (800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I did some online research, and King of the Road Transport had good reviews and ratings, so I went with them. Their free online quotes was comparable to other quotes I received. I had some that were a little bit less and some that were a little bit more. The customer service was extremely positive. I did most of the transaction through email, and they were very quick in getting back to me and following up with me. Everything went smoothly. They had very good communication, including the driver who was driving the car between the states, and the car arrived ahead of schedule, which was very nice. They kept us informed, and I had a really good experience with them, overall.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for choosing us to get your Jeep out east to your new job. If you or anyone you know needs to transport a vehicle please do not hesitate to call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext. 335

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I was going to be working in a different city and my talks with the customer service reps at King of the Road Transport were fine. They were responsive and knowledgeable. I'm happy with my experience.

Hi June,

Moving almost 3,000 miles across the country is tough and I'm glad we were able to make your vehicle transport a good experience. If you or anyone you know needs to ship a car please call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 335.

Carol Gondra

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I was moving to the West coast from the East coast, and used King of the Road Transport for my move because I felt good about them. They gave me the quote over the phone, and the price was reasonable. I had to go back to the source person to begin with because the guy who was supposed to come out didn't show up. So, it took a little bit of back and forth with the customer service reps to get the matter straightened out, but they took care of it. Nobody but the guy's family could find him. We got his family out, and Momma got him going. Once we got the move going, however, everything went well. It was a good experience.

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for spending the time to write a review about our service. I would like to especially thank you for the constructive criticism about our communication. At King of the Road we hold ourselves to the highest standards and always strive to keep our customers informed and up to date. Should you ever need to ship a vehicle again please do not hesitate to give us a call and this time our 5 star customer service team won't miss a beat!

Thanks again,

Jeremias Thuesen

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I was living in Hawaii and moving to Boise, Idaho, and I could have arranged it myself through Matson but the perks of the leg length from Seattle to Boise would have been easier to have a carrier. I got bids from probably about five different carriers and King of the Road had the best cost. The person I worked with was very easy to work with and the scheduling worked very well. The only issue I had with them is once I scheduled it, she said her assistant would contact me but they never did. One week before the shipping date, I knew what I’d have to do but I never heard back from them. Finally, I checked with her and with three days before it was scheduled to go, finally the assistant contacted me, I got it paid and everything worked okay. If I hadn’t contacted them, I don’t know if they would have contacted me or if my car would have actually be shipped.

The assistant said they've made arrangements with Matson who was supposed to send me an email but didn't and he never followed up to see if Matson did. But otherwise, everything worked great once we got that settled. However, I would caution people to make sure that they kept up with the communications with them. They need to follow up better and could use more communication.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for sending us your review! I'm glad that we were able to work everything out to your satisfaction. If you or anyone you know needs to transport another vehicle please call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 307.

Best Regards,

Erik Roswell

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

King of the Road Transport called me back and they were very nice. They answered all my questions. There was a little bit of confusion during the pickup because I wanted to pick the car up earlier. The drivers came and picked it up, and then four days later they called me again saying that they're on their way to pick up the car. But the drivers were very polite and they delivered the car on time. The car is in good shape and they made sure everything was good to go.

Thank you, Lookman.
It was such a pleasure working with you as well! We sometimes hear clients say they have lower quotes, and we always do what we can to provide the lowest rates, while ensuring the service expected is received. But most importantly, we never have hidden or surprise fees.

I am very happy to hear you were pleased with the process of shipping your Mercedes from Hawaii to Chicago!

Sincerely, Marc

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My car was in Hawaii and I was counting in traveling time. I spoke to numerous shippers but Mark from King of the Road Transport engaged me in a more personal manner and the price was fair. He gave me a quote and I saw somebody was much lower than his but his professionalism is won me over. My customer service experience was comprehensive, straightforward, and reassuring. It was a good experience all in all.

Dear Iris,

Thanks for such a nice review. It was a pleasure working with you and if you or anyone you know needs to transport a vehicle please call me at 1(800) 955-0644 ext 337

Marc Turbiner

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

The price of King of the Road Transport was competitive. Their online calculator helped me get the price range quickly and I don’t like to get into too much detail just to get a range. The quote given was a good one and their rep was very responsive and made me comfortable with the process. He was very great to work with and he was also able to answer any questions that I had. When it comes to moving, it could be a rough process but this was very straightforward and easy from start to finish. I would definitely recommend King of the Road.

A family member was moving cross country and we decided it would be easier to ship the car in private. I looked at the reviews online for King of the Road Transport and they looked decent. Their free quote was competitive. I met their staff when I dropped the car off and they came very near the house which was great. They were very careful in checking the vehicle out. They absolutely knew what they were doing and were polite too. However, I needed the car to be there by a certain date but it didn’t get there by that date which was a little disappointing. I don’t know if that miscommunication was between me and the broker or the broker and King of the Road. Nevertheless, they were very good about holding the car until we were able to pick it up on the other end and it was in a secure lot so that was great. But the guy at King of the Road was not that easy to get in touch with.

The King of the Road customer service team was very polite and made it seem like they definitely wanted to help me out. There is no pressure. I checked their reviews which were probably the most important as well as their price. I was relocating for work and moving from state to state and so I decided to go with them. The guy I spoke with provided the quote through email and it was reasonable. He said the price varies every week and at one point the quote changed due to the issue of time from 500 to 700. It was a very easy process overall and I would definitely use them again.

I was shipping a vehicle from my home in Chicago down to my parents in Naples, Florida. It was a nice car so I needed an enclosed transport. The sales person of King of the Road that I worked with always kept me in the loop and kept me up to date with what was going on, and that's why I felt very comfortable with him. Customer service worked with me on getting the best price, setting up the scheduling and then keeping me informed of the driver information. They were always very proactive and on top of things, contacting me before I contacted them. That was one of the more important things. I also had business with them before, and the drivers I've had during both experiences have been fantastic. I would definitely recommend them.

King of the Road Transport

Thank you Saima for your kind review!

Smooth and perfect is always our goal. It was a pleasure working with you and taking care of the transport for your Mercedes. If you find yourself in need of transporting another vehicle, or know someone who does, please don't hesitate to contact us! I can be reached at 800-955-0644 ext 337 or by email at marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com.

Sincerely, Marc

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

The quote that King of the Road Transport gave us was fair. They also called before to let us know how the whole process was going to be. On the whole, they were good and everything went smoothly and perfectly.

King of the Road Transport

It was my pleasure answering your questions, and keeping you updated throughout the process. No one ever likes to wonder where their vehicle is, so we take great pride in keeping each and every one of our clients informed.

We look forward to taking care of your transport needs in the future!

Best regards,
Marc
800-955-0644 ext 337

marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I was shipping my car from my vacation home to my permanent house. The person I talked to from King of the Road Transport was friendly, answered my questions and kept me informed on how things were progressing. This experience was back in April and it turned out exactly how I anticipated it to be, which was positive.

Hi Michael & Cathy,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to issue a great review! It was a great pleasure being able to take care of the vehicle transport so that you did not have to waste time or money. Also, thank you for the feedback on our driver! We are very selective and work hard to be sure we partner with carriers who are polite, and respectful. Please, if you are in need of transporting your vehicle again, or know anyone who may need our service, have them contact me at my phone number 800 955 0644 ext. 337 or at my email address marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com.

Best regards, Marc

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

It was much more cost effective than my husband flying to pick the vehicle up and drive it back home. King of the Road was a referral from someone else who had used them and was quite happy with them. My husband was given a quote and he was happy with that. He was also given a time frame which was faster than he could have flown and driven the car himself so he was very happy with that, too.

We were contacted initially when the car was picked up. And we were notified the day before and called about an hour before they were going to be here. It was good for us because my husband was able to call his job and let them know that he was gonna be coming in late the next morning. The person who was driving the truck that the car was on was very personable, nice and didn't rush my husband in any way. We enjoyed talking to him and we enjoy the overall service of the company as far as keeping in touch with us and letting us know. We would certainly use King of the Road again without a doubt.

King of the Road Transport

Thank you Doug for your kind words!

Always my pleasure to make your shipping experience fun! Communication is key, and you made that part of my job easy, always being reachable as well. Thank you for choosing King of the Road and we appreciate your recommendation! Let your family and friends know they can always reach me at 800-955-0644 ext 337 or by email at marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com.

Best regards,

Marc

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I was shipping my vehicle from Salt Lake City to Knoxville, Tennessee. I have a friend in the automobile business who told me he had done some work with King of the Road and that he had a very good success with them even though they might be $50 more expensive. The quote they gave me was fair. Also, the rep named Mark was excellent and very thorough on the follow up with emails and texts, and answered all my questions. He, as well, got me in touch with the driver and the communication between me and my daughter who is in Knoxville that picked up the vehicle was excellent. It was a fun experience. If I ever had to ship again, I would call Mark and King of the Road and go with them again. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend them.

Hi Molly,

Thank you for taking the time to issue a review! I am glad I was able to arrange transportation of your 1964 Chevy and that all worked out well and in a timely manner. It was a tough route but we moved it! I am glad to hear our customer service won you over! We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we provide! If you find yourself in need of transporting again, or you know someone who needs our service, have them contact me at my phone number 800 955 0644 ext. 337 or at my email address marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com.

Best regards, Marc

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

We had purchased a vehicle a couple of hours away from us, south at Big Bear. I talked to a gentleman from King of the Road, and he was very nice and professional. Their rates were reasonable and the communication was pretty good. The quote they gave was fair, pretty reasonable, and competitive. I got some higher and lower quotes, but with the customer service factored in, I decided to go with them. It was an overall good experience from the beginning to the end and the gentleman who actually brought the car was always in contact, very nice, professional, and helpful.

Hello Michael,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review! I am glad I was able to arrange transportation of your Hyundai Accent and that all worked out well and in a timely manner. We at King of the Road Transport pride ourselves on making the transport process as smooth as possible with the utmost professionalism guaranteed. We use carriers that are highly rated to be able to provide our customers with the best experience possible. Please, if you or anyone you know may need our service have them contact me at my phone number 800 955 0644 ext. 337 or at my email address marc@kingoftheroadtransport.com.

Best regards, Marc

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

We were moving and King of the Road was highly recommended. They picked up the vehicle and delivered it when they said they would on time. My son was there to receive it in Colorado Springs. We paid off in full and everybody was happy.

They were a reliable service. They were courteous and efficient as well. We were given several options to choose from to service our needs and we were very satisfied with what we were given. All of our needs were taken care of in a timely manner. Everything we needed addressed was done so, and we have no complaints. We researched various options and went with what we felt we could afford. We felt it was an average value with what services we needed.

Options are very selective & a wide assortment of choices. Reliability was well appreciated, unlike other companies & I'd highly recommend this service to anyone without any hesitations or doubts, seeing is believing. Customer service was very knowledgeable & attentive, unlike other representatives of other companies. Value was well worth it.

They didn't have very many options to choose from. It doesn't hurt their business but it would've helped me at the time. They are one of the best transportation companies. They help out a lot and the pricing is decent. I would use them again and recommend them. Customer service was good. When an issue arises they are there to help you. The value is good. Everything is good about it.

Not a whole lot of options to pick from but was very careful with my shipment and got to me when expected. I was happy with how everything went. The driver of my shipment was very reliable. He made several phone calls to me to assure me that my shipment was doing fine and would get to me when stated. The value of this particular company I felt was very reasonable, especially with the type of shipment that I had and where it was coming from.

King of the Road Transport Company Profile