4.75/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

King of the Road Transport

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

278 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I worked with Jeremiah on transporting a car from Chicago to Miami for our daughter. Very professional and organized, if he said he was going to call, he did. Always followed up, answered all our questions and explained exactly how the transport was done. When the time was right, there was a hurricane!! He contacted a transport company and a date was set. He gave us the protocol of the transport company and they did everything exactly as he said they would. This was the easiest experience I have had transporting/mailing anything. I would use King of the Road Transport again and will highly recommend to any of our friends, this service and company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Claire at King of the Road Transport was very professional and clearly explained the whole process to me. I had to ship a car I have owned for 38 years across country and was very concerned about the safety of the car. Claire arranged an independent transporter right away and a pickup date was set. The enclosed transporter took care of my car and called to notify me of a delivery time. Car was deliver across country in 6 days with absolutely no problems. I would recommend King of the Road Transport to anyone and would definitely use their service again without hesitation! Great job and thanks!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

From start to end this has been a truly positive experience for us. Everyone we dealt with on the phone was helpful and professional - as was the driver who transported our vehicle. Our car arrived quickly and safely. They took the stress out of having to transport our car across the country. I would definitely recommend King of the Road to others and will use them again if we need to relocate.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Moved from NJ to CA, it was a long long transport. But everything happened as expected and on time! I had a brand new car and it was delivered without a scratch! Not a single thing kept in the cars was missing and car was also delivered on the said date. Both pickups and drop offs were professionally handled. I would recommend King of the Road Transport for everyone. In case next time, I need to move I will use them again! Also, not to miss, the price was also very competitive.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

With all of the scams going on with vehicle transporting it took me quite some time to select a company to transport my vehicle. However upon speaking with Mike at King of the Road, I felt comfortable entrusting them with my business. They did not charge me a deposit until they actually picked up my car. Additionally when they called and told me that my vehicle had been dispatched, my car was picked up the next day and delivered four days later. I paid the driver his fee upon delivery. They were true to their word. I thought it important I take this time to write a good review since I know there are people out there who may be leery as I was. These are good guys you can entrust your vehicle and business to them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I needed to transport my vehicle from one state to another and I chose the King of the Road Transport to do it for me because of their sales representative who was on the phone. There was good follow up and attention to detail, plus he understood what I needed. I felt comfortable with who I was dealing with. The carrier driver was also outstanding and on time all the way through. I was happy with that portion and I highly recommend him to anybody that needs to use him. I'm going to have something that needs to be transported after the first of the year and I would use the same people.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I needed an emergency transportation option to get the vehicle out here. King of the Road was the best price point. Their rep was nice and the interaction we had was simple. Then it was short and fast with their carrier driver.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I was transporting an antique car cross country due to a move. It was a combination of recommendation and price that made me use King of the Road Transport. They were on time, and they showed up and dropped the car off in good shape. All of my interactions with the reps went well and I'm quite satisfied with my experience. The King of the Road team did a great job and I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

It was a great experience and I didn't worry about my vehicles during the transport. I felt that they were in good hands. One of the guys I was talking to ended up leaving the company in the middle of the process and I got switched over to a young lady but she was helpful as well. I have another vehicle that I'm going to be shipping within the next year and I would be interested in having a rebate or a gift certificate. Overall, I would use King of the Road again and would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I was moving across the country from New York to Tucson, Arizona. I've done some research and King of the Road Transport has good reviews and ratings. The person that I've been in touch with was very helpful and the online quote given was fair and exact. The scheduling was a little crazy and I can't book until the week before the move. But their rep was in touch with me the whole time. I had a few conversations with the driver and he was great. It was a good experience and everything worked out according to plan. I would use King of the Road Transport again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I wanted to ship my Jeep from IN to CT for school and went through a ton of other shipping companies, who gave me outrageous quotes and who emailed, called and texted me way too much. A friend suggested that I contact KOTR and I talked to Bill who helped me out more than I thought anyone from a car shipping company would. He dispatched my car, kept me updated on any delays and called me the day of delivery and had someone call me today to make sure everything went well. He also offered me a student discount which helped a lot. I will definitely be using KOTR again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

King of the Road arranged for Fifth Wheel to load my Ford Fiesta in Warwick, Rhode Island, and transport it safely unblemished save to-be-expected road grime to Portland, Oregon, in 8 days delivering it a half hour after driver called me having downloaded it from the transport to a single vehicle flat bed to avoid possible damage trying to navigate a tree-lined street neighborhood street. Excellent, friendly service on both firms' part. All at competitive prices having researched perhaps ten transport businesses online.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I thought of moving my vehicle from Florida to Seattle. The quote that King of the Road gave me was within my budget and was also better than the others. They delivered to me what they promised. The only thing that could be good was if they delivered my vehicle to my location, like my home address or whatever address I gave. They just took it to some parking lot and, from there, I picked it up. It was not very far but it would have been better if they delivered it to me.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

This is the first time I have needed services for vehicle transport and this is a great company to use. I compared them to many others and I would recommend King of the Road to all. They were very helpful from start to finish and answered all of my questions, I had a lot. My vehicles were taken care of from start to finish and one was a classic car.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I was moving across the country and I had an issue with a flat tire, but it was getting me more involved than that. And so, I needed to get the vehicle shipped because I had to get to my destination quickly. My wife found King of the Road online. I priced the transport before we left and the quote was fair. When something broke, we still went with it regardless, knowing it would be less than I had originally anticipated. King of the Road provided a pretty good service and I’ve no complaints.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was shipping a vehicle to my sister and I read about King of the Road Transport on the website. They seemed to be what I was looking for and there would be a $10 difference between most of the transport companies anyway so I picked them. I called them directly and the quote they gave me was fair. They provided exceptional treatment and excellent service that's exactly what they said they would do. Plus, my transports were exactly on time. The driver was also overly cooperative. King of the Road Transport was fantastic.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I did some research and King of the Road weren't the cheapest but they're the most reliable for the price, I believe. The price was the same as they quoted through the end. Everything was good and everything they said happened.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I was moving from New York to California and got King of the Road to transport my car. I had contacted a couple of different companies and with them I spoke with the sales rep, Mark. He was extremely helpful and made it sound like it would be no problem picking my car up in Manhattan and getting it onto a truck to California. He quoted me a very reasonable price, $1200. He found someone to do it and they would pick it up in Manhattan at no extra charge. Other transport companies were making such a big deal out of the fact that it was in Manhattan so I could just see the extra charges mounting up. And they couldn't do it on certain dates. It had to be planned and scheduled long in advance. Mark of King of the Road made it all so easy like, "No problem, we can do this easily." He was very hands-on.

Then when the actual event occurred, it was very smooth. Everything, everyone was right on time and it just went great. And in the end, I paid exactly the price I was quoted. We just had to set a destination point 'cause he couldn't drive the truck onto the road I'm on. And we met in a location close by here. The guy with the actual vehicle arrived right on time, and he was calling me in advance to keep me posted. It was an excellent experience I had with them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We used King of the Road to transport our Toyota Avalon from Seattle to our granddaughter in Abilene TX. I researched extensively, their bid was mid range. I called for pickup Monday morning, was told 1-5 days to arrange pickup, 5-7 days to deliver, minimal deposit and remainder on delivery. So surprised when they called a few hours later and car was on its way by 1 pm! Surely this was too easy, but after several updates thru week our car was delivered in Texas Friday of the same week. Best service and customer support that I can recall in years! I would not hesitate to recommend them and our friends are still amazed it went so smoothly.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I needed a company to ship my vehicle when I moved. I chose King of the Road Transport after I looked at it on ConsumerAffairs where it ranked highly. Their customer care representatives did everything for me. They were calling and were on top of things. They actually sub contract, so the actual car movers were also great. It was my first time transporting cars and it could have been a much more painful process like it was with my moving. But King of the Road Transport was timely and professional and managed my expectations well. They also gave the best price. I have no reservations about recommending them to anybody. My friend has already used them to move his vehicle, too.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was trying to get as many reviews as possible and most transport companies had more bad reviews than good ones. King of the Road Transport was the only one that I found who had some good reviews. I called about 12 to 15 different companies and the prices of some of them were way out of range. Between the reviews and the rep at King of the Road being willing to work a little bit on the price, I picked them and shipped two vehicles through them. One was to bring my daughter's car so she can have it for college. And then, one was for me as I relocated.

All of my dealings with their rep were positive. He heard everything I said and was easy to get in touch with. I paid exactly what we talked about upfront. And he did what he said he was going to do. The cars went out when I wanted them to go, where they needed to go, and within the window that we had. Everything worked out great. The carrier drivers came exactly when they said they were picking up. They met me where I needed to be met. I was given by the rep phone numbers directly with the drivers and the drivers were easy to deal with. They arrived when they said they were going to arrive and my cars were both in good condition.

I would recommend King of the Road to somebody. This car transport stuff is a tough business and I know a lot of people have bad experiences. With King of the Road, I had nothing but a positive experience. It was as stress-free as transporting a car could be. I will call them back because I might have to transport my car again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I was shipping the car to my daughter at college but the first transport company that I had contacted with failed to pick up the car, so I went with King of the Road Transport. The quote that they gave me was fair and their customer service reps were helpful. They kept in contact with me every step of the way until the car was picked up. They also picked up the car when they said they'd pick it up and the service was outstanding. I had a few interactions with the actual transport drivers through text messages and a couple of phone calls which were all good as well. They did a great job and I was very satisfied with the experience. I have recommended them to a friend last week.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

My son was in Seattle and he got a job in Washington, D.C. He didn't have time to drive the vehicle out there, so we wanted to ship it. The woman from King of the Road who I spoke to was very helpful and knew what she was doing. Overall, King of the Road's service was fantastic and my experience with them was great. They're a good outfit and a great company to work with.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I highly recommend using this company for your auto transport needs. I relocated to FL from NJ and had to get my car picked up as close to a certain date as possible and delivered quickly. Bill ** was able to work with a great trucking company which really came through for me on all fronts. Car was picked up on the actual day I requested, and I had a great driver who delivered my car in perfect condition within 3 days. Great overall experience and I would use them again!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

We were in the military and we needed to get our cars from California to Maryland. The other company previously called me to try to set something up so I had set the other contract up. The day that I had made all the arrangements, King of the Road was the next one to call me and their rep was very polite, but unfortunately, I had already set the contract up. Then these other clowns just left me hanging. Our flight was in two days and if I didn’t get this car moved, I was going to miss flights for four people. When I called King of the Road, they got me hooked up and got me ready within two hours. Their rep had me ready to go on a truck. And when I told him we were military and told him my situation, I could not believe how fast he worked. He was great and I was pleased with the experience. They kept me and my wife happy. I will use him again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I bought a car in California and I needed to get it to Salt Lake City. Friends of ours own a racing team and they transport a lot of cars and suggested that we use King of the Road Transport so I phoned them. Their price was great and competitive and at one point during the transaction, I considered transporting two cars so I received a great discount for the two. When it changed back to just one car, there was no problem with the back and forth that we had to do. It was really well-handled and great interaction. Their rep was great at coordinating everything and his speed of responsiveness when I had questions or changes was immediate. Communication was mainly email and texting after talking on the phone but regardless of the form of communication, it was fast, efficient and clear.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I purchased a heavy-duty truck in Florida and I needed it shipped to Virginia. I went to King of the Road Transport because my son-in-law had used them to ship a pickup truck from Idaho to Virginia when he moved back here. I had a broker work with me. He was in Florida and he had to find a truck that was a vehicle as large as the one I had purchased. He gave me an estimate but I did not hear back from him for a few days. I had contacted him again and he said that the estimate that he'd given me was lower than he was getting from the drivers. So he was trying to find the lowest provider. I told him I wasn't really concerned about a $100 or $200 difference. He went ahead and found somebody fairly quick after that. I would use King of the Road Transport again and I wouldn't hesitate.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I had a psycho job, so I had to quit and come home because I was broke. I needed to ship my vehicle and the quote given to me by King of the Road Transport was the cheapest. Having a price range made it quick and easy for me to decide to get them. The reps also kept in contact, called me right away and answered all my questions. King of the Road was great, but USA Transport, the company they contracted with, was not the best.

I was freaking out that they wouldn't arrive in time so, it was kinda stressful. And then the driver on the way back, he’s very nice. But I'm assuming he's never driven through Florida. He was telling me that he was 45 minutes away and it was raining so hard that there's no way he could come that day to drop off my car. I had to argue with him for 40 minutes to tell him, "Sir, it's Florida. It’ll stop raining in 10 minutes. I promise." Sure enough, it stopped raining. The truck broke down as well. But I didn't mind since I was in no rush to have my car but I wish there would have been better communication with USA Auto. But overall, I felt really good and I thought everybody was nice. They have good communication, excellent customer service and low price. It was my first experience doing this with my car and it was a very stressful time of my life but it was 90% good experience. King of the Road was fine and everything was very seamless there.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My daughter was in an internship in L.A. so we needed to ship her car there for the summer while she did her internship. I searched online and found King of the Road Transport. I called them and they told me a quote over the phone. King of the Road was easy to deal with but I had a miscommunication with them. They noted as to when I wanted the car to get there, but then they recorded it as when I wanted it picked up. So, they screwed the whole order up in that sense. I was frustrated with that, but otherwise, it was good. And then we also used them when we had to bring the car back, which we did two weeks ago. The service was good and we were happy. I was satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was going to be in Dallas for a month for job training and I had to have my car there. I googled shipping companies and put in my information, then I got inundated with phone calls, text messages, and emails from different companies. But in my research, I encountered a lot of horror stories about how the companies that negotiate the price and then put this out for the driver would underbid and then the customers would end up being screwed because the drivers wouldn't show up or would demand more money when they got to the destination. Then I read about King of the Road Transport and I liked the reviews about them. They price appropriately so the customer gets a good quality driver that's also highly ranked, and there’s no haggling over pricing later.

The customer service representative was fantastic, explained how everything works, answered all my questions, and answered the phone every time I called, so my interactions with him were wonderful. Everything was topnotch with the service I got and I would give it an A plus. The transport took four days and my car got to Dallas the day before I did. The driver held it overnight for me and he was amazing. I had a very comfortable experience overall with King of the Road. I was reassured that my car was in good hands and that they were going to take care of everything for me.

King of the Road Transport Company Information