Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

King of the Road Transport Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker with multiple discounts. Though there can be extra fees, they have the ability to ship most types of vehicles.

PROS

• Ships internationally
  • Door-to-door shipping option
  • Classic car options
  • Multiple discounts available

CONS

• Extra fees for modified or inoperable vehicles

Top King of the Road Transport Reviews

07/27/2018

Go with a reputable company like King of the Road Transport. They did what they said they would without any stress or frustration. I commend Mary from King of the Road for reaching out to me. She really did a phenomenal job all around and I won't hesitate to use them again!

08/08/2018

I normally do not write reviews but feel compelled to provide this one. I recently transported a WWII Willys Jeep (non-running) from NY to FL ... King of the Road came through on everything that they promised and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and flawlessly the entire experience happened.

About King of the Road

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker that connects consumers with drivers who haul vehicles across a state, region or country. Every King of the Road carrier is licensed, bonded and insured. King of the Road offers discounts to members of the military, students, senior citizens and repeat clients. Classic cars or any other car requiring extra protection can be shipped using enclosed shipping.

King of the Road cost

King of the Road costs varies based on several factors, such as condition of the car, size of the vehicle and type of shipping. For example, transports that run along the interstate highway system, mile for mile, will be cheaper than one that is largely through a rural area. King of the Road requires no upfront payment from customers and isn’t needed until your vehicle is being shipped.

Supply and demand on a route also affect the cost to ship with King of the Road, such as choosing a route during snowbird season. The cost to ship a sedan from Florida to the Northeast during the early summer will likely cost $900 to $1000 because of the popularity of this route; however, the cost to ship from the Northeast to Florida the same time of year might fall between $600 and $700. For this reason, if you’re trying to save money with a King of the Road shipment, try to plan your move during the offseason. A King of the Road representative will be happy to discuss with you more if you have any questions on costs.

Make sure to ask about discounts when requesting a quote. Additional fees may be required for expedited shipping. Modified or inoperable vehicles require additional handling fees.

King of the Road shipping options

King of the Road auto transport ships to all 48 contiguous states, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada and many other countries around the world. King of the Road is also able to handle all types of vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, pickups and oversized equipment. They have enclosed transport options for classic cars, luxury vehicles or just for added safety.

The quotes provided by King of the Road are for door-to-door transport, but they can arrange for terminal transports if desired. King of the Road requires all drivers to be insured as required by the FMCSA and offer additional gap coverage as a registered AFta Agent.

King of the Road highlights:

• Ships to all 50 states
  • International shipping
  • Ability to ship SUVs and trucks
  • Door-to-door transport
  • Terminal-to-terminal transport
  • Enclosed shipping available
  • Free quote

King of the Road shipping process

King of the Road provides a free quote for customers after providing basic information like vehicle details and the route needed. If you have specific needs, like closed shipping, you can discuss this further with a King of the Road representative and see how your quoted rate will change. Once King of the Road has collected the necessary information, they will provide a contract for their service. Then, they will schedule the carrier and provide the necessary information to the customer and the driver who will be hauling the vehicle. King of the Road keeps customers updated throughout the transport via phone, email, or text. Drivers provide inspections on pick up and delivery. Multiple payment options are available.

Do we recommend King of the Road?

We recommend King of the Road for a number of reasons. First, their ability to ship a wide range of vehicles to almost anywhere in the world. They also provide convenient tracking options that let customers know where their vehicle is every step of the transport. Plus, King of the Road has a long list of discounts that help keep the cost down. Finally, their door-to-door shipping makes pickup and dropoff convenient.

518 King of the Road Transport Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

King of the Road provided an enclosed trailer for shipping my vehicle at a price that was better than what I could get anywhere else. They had it delivered in three days, and after moving about 1,260 miles, we paid the exact same amount that we were quoted.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was shipping from one location to another and didn't wanna transport it myself. King of the Road followed up with me and I decided to go with them. The quote they gave was reasonable and it didn't change when I received the final cost. The communication I had with them was adequate. Their rep let me know when it was scheduled, who's who and the name of the driver. I also had direct communication with the driver. Upon arrival, the vehicle was in the condition that I expected it to be based upon where I had it sitting and the duration. This is my first transporting experience so there was some apprehension in doing it but I am extremely happy with the end result.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I called in King of the Road Transport to arrange a move. Everything went very smoothly. They arranged the pick-up time and also arranged when they would come to the destination of my vehicle in Florida. The drivers showed up when we expected them to.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

King of the Road Transport helped me transport my Jeep from Florida to Washington. It was an organized and smooth process. I let them know my pick up dates and my car was picked up exactly when they said it would and it actually arrived earlier than expected to the destination. We worked with the driver from ABP Logistics, he was extremely nice and handled our car well. We encountered a dent on the driver side door and King of the Road Transport was extremely helpful in helping us contact the driver and getting our situation worked out. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I made the fateful mistake of clicking a shipping company or a trucking company online and my phone lit up like crazy. They wanted me bad, but Jessica from King of the Road called and I told her the situation. She explained it very well and simply, and I easily understood it. She was outstanding. I rewarded her for being so straightforward and taking the time to explain it to me. They quoted the move before they even picked the vehicle up and the price was always agreed to before the move was done. I bought a new car for my son in Atlanta and sent it over to him, then brought the other one that he was using back to Atlanta. My daughter relocated to Scottsdale, Arizona, so we shipped her car from Atlanta to Scottsdale. I wasn’t in Scottsdale but I checked everything with my daughter if there was an issue, and there was none. One of the vehicles was particularly dirty, but that happens from the truck on the road.

I’ve moved three cars inside of a month and two out of the three moves were really good. Unfortunately, the last one was kinda cantankerous. While the others all met me close to where I needed to drop the car off, the last one was demanding that I bring it about 45 minutes from my house to a parking lot where the driver was. I did it because I just had to, but that shouldn’t be, and I let King of the Road know that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I am in Florida for six months out of a year and I wanted to use my convertible. I put feelers out, called different people, and King of the Road was one of the ones that responded back to me. I talked to a lady who was from England and her accent was tough to understand, but she was nice and she took care of everything. King of the Road's price was a bit on the high side, but it was reasonable. I had some that were cheaper, and then King of the Road kept telling me that there’s no way the cheaper people are gonna take care of my car as well as they will.

They convinced me for the sake of $150 to go with them, and then the driver got down here a day sooner than I wanted. I was halfway down in Georgia, so I had some friends pick up the car and there was a six-inch scratch on my driver side door, which I tried to buff out. Now, I can see it a little but I have to look for it to see it. A piece of plastic was also broken off in my rear tail light, but I was gonna replace that tail light anyway.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and I was shipping it from North Carolina to Michigan. King of the Road Transport responded promptly. They told me they had the driver and they could have it here in a week. Also, they could give me a two-week window. They could lock a time compared to other carriers. The vehicle got here when they said they would. I just had a tight timeline, so we had a little bit of an issue but they did their best. They had multiple follow-ups, multiple people, text, and email. But it may have been a little confusing because I replied a couple of times and I had a couple of different people working with me.

The transport driver did a good job of keeping adequate communication considering they were driving a vehicle with cars behind. The only thing that would be a little bit nicer for customer service would be if they had little GPS trackers so you would know exactly where your vehicle is. That would be pretty cool. Then, they'd probably wouldn't need to call as much, just call one time when they're getting close. If anyone asks, I would tell them to call King of the Road first.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

When I needed to ship back a car from Philadelphia to Georgia, Google came up with King of the Road Transport. My experience with them was all positive. Their quote was all right and although they have charged me to pay up a little bit, it was fair in the end. The rep was always in touch, they delivered on time and the condition of the car was the same as it was when it got on.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I inherited a truck and it had some equipment in it so, I needed it transported to Seattle. I spoke with a rep from King of the Road earlier in the year as I was planning this particular move. They were one of the first to quote on it. It was competitive and it was the final payout. Initially, interacting with their rep was through email, then a phone call, and then a follow-up phone call when it was completed. I received a call from the dispatch to set up the delivery time and it was only when they delivered the car that I talked to the drivers. They did a good job.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and needed it shipped from the east to the west coast. I looked into a few companies but King of the Road was the only one that I contacted. Their price was competitive than all the other brokers but then, nothing came and nothing got done. They kept saying the vehicle will get picked up on a certain date but then it never did. I called them that I was unhappy with the service and they were very rude and unprofessional.

Once I told them I want to source from another company, they copied and pasted that company's information and made a fake Word document. They tried to discredit the company by making it seem like that carrier was charging the same amount that they were charging. The document had typos on it and had the little red blotches on the bottom of the word. The bottom line is, King of the Road have been very deceptive and low-class. They also used profane language towards me and that was really nasty. I called them back and told them I confirmed with the other carrier about the document. They got all mad and started talking about a bunch of crap to me and I told them I was gonna call Better Business Bureau and make a report.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

King of the Road Transport had a high Yelp review and there were positive comments. They were more accessible to obtain a price range from, and the quote they have given was spot on. The customer service representative was very communicative, back and forth. There were a couple of times I had to call and inquire, but for the most part, it was well done. The move was about a thousand miles and it took them a day or two, and it was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I really enjoy my car and I'm not just gonna hand the keys over to someone that I don't trust. My initial phone call with King of the Road to have my car shipped to Georgia was good and their rep was very informative. Their reviews online were pretty good, too. There were some pretty cheap quotes, but they seemed sketchy. But the quote that King of the Road gave me was right in the middle and it was the same price I had to pay in the end.

You can trust King of the Road to keep you informed throughout the process. The driver was super nice and was in contact when he picked up my car, when he was in transit and when he dropped it off. So, I’m definitely happy. The car was a little dirty when it arrived. I smelled a little bit of oil and clutch, but I’ve been driving it since and the car seems to be fine.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We were moving and we called King of the Road to transport two vehicles. The phone reps seemed very proficient and pleasant to talk to. It seemed that they would do what they said they were gonna do and they were very clearly understood. They were also very accommodating with all my questions when I made follow-up calls to them. We also love the driver. He was very personable and more than competent. He definitely knew his business and told us about the route our vehicle would take. He didn't leave the east coast right away but that was an advantage to us because it gave us a chance to get here first to receive the vehicles. He came right to our house on the west coast for the pick-up so it couldn't have been better or more convenient and we were satisfied with the vehicles' condition when we got it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I was moving and I was shipping my vehicle across about 2,300 miles. It was from the west coast to the east. I blindly selected King of the Road Transport because my friend referred me through their guy. But before loading my vehicle, I didn't get the daily follow-up call from King of the Road. They told me within two days, they were going to ship my car. But until the afternoon of the second day, I had not gotten any call, neither from the transport company nor from King of the Road. I called the transport company directly and I needed to follow up with them.

But with moving my household things, I had other works going on sparingly and King of the Road could have followed up better with the transport company to know the status of the transportation intimately everyday. The communication could have been better but it was not very bad. Once I reached the destination, I got a call from King of the Road that there was some delay and that the vehicle was going to be delivered on Saturday. That was good. I had no issues with the driver and the people were nice. Everything went well and was on time.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I'm a dealer and I always buy vehicles. Nadia from King of the Road is excellent at dispatching vehicles. She's always on top of her game, calling me back, giving me feedback, and trying to get me the best deal possible. She really tries to help me in getting the best deals. That's why I've been doing business with them more often. I've done several routes and it has been excellent with King of the Road so far.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I got a new job at a different place. I was relocating and King of the Road quoted me a price that was a little cheaper than the others. I asked them questions about the weight limit and the customer care people used to answer my calls quickly and well. So I stuck with them. They were even accommodating about the dates. They pushed my dates for a couple of days and they were nice about it. Dealing with the drivers went smoothly too. They came in, looked at my car, marked any dents and got me signed. Then they delivered the car straightaway. It was about 36 hours and even then, they were calm and nice about it when compared to other drivers, who are usually grumpy. It was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I recently shipped a car to Ohio from Missouri. After talking to a few transport services I decided to look for a private party who wanted to earn some extra money. None of them instilled any confidence and the guy I finally decided on texted me the morning he was to pick up the car to tell me he would come later in the afternoon because he was still trying to get the fenders back on his truck. I checked him off my list. After reading reviews of more professional shippers I settled on King of the Road. This was a good choice! It was an absolutely problem free experience. Everything went exactly as promised. In fact the car was delivered in less than 24hrs from pick up.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Our son who is 23 was moving to Seattle, Washington, and we had never been in a situation where we needed to move a car. So, I really didn’t know what to do, but I did a lot of research on the internet and it seemed that King of the Road Transport was a very experienced company and it seemed very reputable based on recommendations. We talked to a bunch of people, but King of the Road stood out from the others.

We had a very good experience. The quote they gave us was accurate and competitive. Everything went very smoothly and the drop-off was at the right time that we needed because we had very specific instructions about when we wanted the car picked up and when we wanted it dropped off, and they didn’t fail to please us. They stuck to the timeline. It was great. I would recommend them. We only used them once, but I was very happy with the whole thing. It was very easy and it was not stressful at all.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I needed to deliver a vehicle that was part of an Estate, so I turned to the Internet to locate a transport company. Bullhead City AZ is an out of the way location, not too many car transport carriers come through town; however, Highland Beach FL, it is a common occurrence. King of the Road was the first broker to respond to my online quote request. Marc fully explained the process, provided helpful links and let me review the contract. Once we decided on a date, a carrier was located and the car was loaded on the date requested.

The car was delivered within the time frame stated, and the receiving party received advance notice as to the delivery time. Regarding the quote process, I received several other quotes, but the brokers failed to return my calls. King of the Road quote was in-between most of the quotes received, not too high or low. If we need to transport a car again, we will contact King of the Road directly and by1pass the quote online.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We initially went online to get quotes for our car transport and were overwhelmed with all the pushy brokers' calls and variance in quotes. We read the great reviews for King of the Road and contacted them. Nadia was so knowledgeable and explained how the drivers see our requests and bid on the job as we were new to this. She was helpful right from the first call we made and worked hard to get us a great rate with an extremely good truck driver. She answered all our questions and the process went smoothly. We also got a great rate and what she quoted was exactly what we paid. Thanks so much Nadia!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I needed to ship a car from New England to Florida. I went on the internet and posted that I was looking for someone and King of the Road immediately posted back. At the time, I was in a jam because I already signed on with one company a month before and they weren't gonna show up. So, I called King of the Road's rep at 10 o'clock in the morning and she called me back at 11:00. Then the vehicle was picked up at 6:00 that night. It couldn't have been better. They're intermediates and what they do is they post the shipment on a board then the drivers are out there and look to see what area they're gonna be in and the posting price. So, when King of the Road posts a vehicle, you can get a low of $500 or a high of $1,000. You get what you pay for though because they were very efficient.

Once they confirmed the driver, he called me, we arranged the meeting spot, and he called me three times during the trip because it was during the hurricane Florence. And I knew he was gonna be off the road down at South Carolina. So, we already made arrangements into the scheduled pick up down here and there was a two or three-day-delay. But that was okay because I met him down here and he met me exactly where he was supposed to. I've transported cars for 15 years and that was the best experience I've had. They were great and I've recommended them to two or three other people. If you need to, go online, check out King of the Road, and go from there.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

King of the Road Transport had absolutely professional customer service reps. I went with them when I relocated cross country. Their customer service was more responsive and more customer friendly over other companies. Their reps were great and everybody I spoke to was polite. They followed up consistently and had reminders and updates. It was good and I appreciated it. Also, I selected them for their price and the quote I was given was fair. It was competitive, slightly less than some of the others, but it was not too far off from where everybody else was. The driver was early and I came out when he called me. The transport took about five days and it was quick and painless.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I wanted to get my vehicle transported from Nashville to Boston, and I had gotten quotes from different companies. Having a fair enough idea of how much I was gonna pay, I got a quote from King of the Road and they gave me a decent amount. Though it was not the cheapest, Marc, their sales agent was good and he swayed me over to them. Everything, then, went smoothly. My wife was very happy with the way they assisted her when they came out the first time, and I was happy too when we picked up the vehicle. Overall, I had a good experience with King of the Road and would tell people to go for it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've shipped with King of the Road three times and have never had any issues with them. The last one was when my son was going down to Texas to play hockey and we needed to ship our vehicle to him. The total transport was 2,000 miles and it took them about a week. Everything was fine when my son received the car. King of the Road is a good company and I'll always use them again. I used a different company before and it was bad. But with King of the Road, everything worked out well. Everything, from scheduling out transport until now, was easy and efficient. Their level of professionalism was high too.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I had to lend my vehicle to my kids while they got through part of their lives when they only had one car. So, when they moved out of the country, I wanted the vehicle to be brought back to me here in Philadelphia. King of the Road was quick to answer my questions. They got a hold of a whole bunch of different people who could transport the vehicle and hooked me up with someone. They did a good job. So, it was a fluke that I got the right company.

King of the Road's reps were great. They were extremely accommodating. I asked them to change the delivery date and they were able to do that. Everything was done either by email or by text and everything went well. As we got closer to the delivery time, I knew who was coming and I could reach them and everything went as planned. I was told that the transport would take 7 to 10 days and it took less than that. It got here earlier than I expected it, but it was fine. King of the Road did a great job, and I would use them again. I'm very happy with them. Go ahead and use them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I had to have my daddy’s vehicle transported because he died and I have custody of my mommy. I used King of the Road Transport because I had less to do. I called another place and they said, “Okay. Well, here are all the names and the telephone numbers of the companies that we use to transport and whichever one you feel comfortable with, just go with them and then they'll touch basis with us.” Also, the quote that King of the Road gave me was fine because I estimated it and I wasn’t going to pay more than $1,500. So, they did really well.

King of the Road's customer service was great. Once I got in contact with them and they got back in contact with me, it was less than 24 hours before they found a transport. They emailed me all the information and told me the day that it was going to be picked up and the day that it should be delivered. To top it all up, I got text messages from the driver indicating that he was three hours out for pick up. When it came to delivery, he was supposed to deliver it on one day. He was running behind schedule which was fine because he was supposed to deliver it at 9:00 PM. He said he wouldn’t get there until after midnight, and I said, “Well, just pull over and I'll see you in the morning.” He came in the morning. My experience was excellent. I would definitely refer King of the Road and I would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I just moved my 8th car with King of the Road and I have never been disappointed. Mary has been wonderful, very attentive, and very helpful. All 8 cars were delivered without issue or damage. I am consistently pleased with the service, the price, and the result. Don't hesitate. King of the Road has always come through for me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I had to move my car from Jacksonville to Fort Lauderdale because I was planning to do some repairs for my son. I posted online and a few companies gave me their quotes and King of the Road gave me the best one. Their rep was really proactive when we were scheduling my transport. He was trying to find the best deal for me. During delivery though, they had some kind of small delay trying to get into my community because it was a narrow access with the gate control and because it was a long platform. They didn't realize that it was kinda narrow and they didn't have too much room to maneuver. Other than that, everything was well done. If I need to use this type of service in the future, I would be calling King of the Road directly.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We've used King of the Road Transport three times in the past. We did a North Carolina to California transport and the quote was a couple of hundred more this time, which I thought was interesting. My husband used their online quote calculator, but I got $50 off in the final when I was making the arrangements for the car to be picked up. Vanessa, the customer service rep, was great. She did a really good job. She kept in touch and was on top of the move. She was the one that offered me the reduced price and was able to find a driver in a quick amount of time. I had a window and the move happened quicker, which was great. However, my husband said that the customer service called way too many times after the first inquiry about the initial quote. He was trying to get all ducks in a row and he had multiple phone calls, which is a little bit overkill.

On the pick-up, the driver was great, but on the drop-off, he was challenging. They were driving all the time and you'd think they'd have a GPS. When he got to Raleigh, he seemed confused where to go. He wanted my husband to go to a different place instead of coming to us with the GPS. Following the instructions that we gave him, he went to the wrong location. He didn't even bring the car to the location where my husband was, which would have been a very easy, convenient drop-off. The place was more of a city-center-type of place and there was a lot of semis that come in and out of here. My husband felt it was easier to just walk and get the car than to instruct him to come to the location that we agreed upon. The driver got lazy and it was frustrating. Their drivers have been hit or miss.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My wife was relocating from Dallas to Columbus, Indiana for a job, so we wanted to ship her car. I got a referral from a friend, who had shipped through King of the Road Transport and that referral made a lot of sense. There was a range of costs. There were people who were doing the transport for $500 and $900. King of the Road was somewhere in the middle. But truly, it's the outcome which mattered.

The rep, Vanessa, who handled my case was very up to the point. She was good at following up, ensuring all of it was taken care of. King of the Road picked up my vehicle sooner than I expected and I didn't get a whole advance notice before it was picked up. I was told three hours before the vehicle was really picked up. And I know it's not something that King of the Road directly manages because they have different people do that. But in the entire experience, that was probably something that the scheduling could be a little better. But otherwise, everything was okay. I'm really satisfied and happy with the level of service I was given. I would recommend King of the Road to somebody else.

King of the Road Transport Company Information