2. Auto Transporters

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5

Take an Auto Transport Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

King of the Road Transport provides automotive shipping services door-to-door all across the country. Not only do we ship just cars, we can also arrange for shipment of your prized motorcycle or beloved boat. No move is too large or too small. Contact us today to get your next auto transport moving quote.

Take an Auto Transport Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

King of the Road Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I looked at the reviews and the cost of different transport companies and chose King of the Road Transport. I took advantage of their online quote calculator and the quote was close to my final cost. Plus, the rep was very good. She helped. I was happy with the overall service from the King of the Road. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

King of the Road Transport was flexible regarding price and their rating on Better Business Bureau was high. Moreover, the individual that I was working with was very nice. I wanted to move my car from one state to another and the quote I got was okay. My interactions with their rep were nothing but top-notch and excellent. She was always friendly, explained how everything would work and reached out to me. Plus, I had a specific date and time and she made that work. And when I got the vehicle, it was in the same condition as when I dropped it off.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We had King of the Road bring up a movie prop vehicle from California to our show in Seattle then had them ship it back. The quote they gave us seemed fine, and the rep who scheduled the transport was great and very friendly. The transport took three days and when the vehicle arrived, it looked great. The experience was quick, easy and straightforward.

Original review: July 27, 2019

My experience with King of the Road Transport was good. I was doing a seasonal move. I wanted to use a company in Maine, where I am right now, but they’ve got some horrible communication reviews so I took a chance with King of the Road Transport and my interactions with the rep were excellent. The service was terrific and Dan was right on top of everything. The car showed up exactly when it was supposed to and it came in good shape.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was moving to a different location and I needed to ship my vehicle. I was shopping around and I called lots of places. King of the Road had the cheapest deal compared to the others and in the beginning, my experience with them was good because I was still not confirmed if I was really going with them. When I would give them a call, they would answer it or five minutes after, somebody would get back to me. Even if I texted, they would respond. And even on weekends, they would call me back. But once I locked up the contract and gave my credit card, it was hard to get in touch with their reps. I would call them so many times and nobody would answer. But they would text me next day and tell me to call them if I had any questions. Still, I was disappointed with how the customer service changed.

There was also another problem because the week I was supposed to ship my car, somebody called me and said that I had to pay in cash. But we never had that deal and I gave them my credit card already. It felt sketchy to me. In the end, I got my car nice and safe, which I'm glad about. But right when I was ready to head out of my point A, I was put in an obligated and difficult situation. Then I had a bit of an argument with the person and he tried to explain it to me. But I was not satisfied and I told him that as long as I got my car safe, I would just deal with paying cash or whatever. And in the future, I don’t know if I would go with King of the Road again because it was not what I expected.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I was moving across the country and I used King of the Road's online quote calculator. I found them to be cheaper and went with them. The move took about two to three weeks and everything went fine.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I was doing a military transport. I called King of the Road Transport and theirs was the best quote I had gotten out of all the people I called. I also used them three years ago. Their reps were very professional and they quoted me well. It was very detailed. My vehicle was in good condition when I got it.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I’ve moved twice now in the last two years, once to Michigan and then the second time back to California. The first company I used was some broker through the internet and I was not happy with them. I sought out a different company this time for coming back to California a month or so ago, and as I googled, I saw King of the Road. I saw that they were rated from the Better Business Bureau. Carol, my contact person, was wonderful and she helped me the whole time. The cost was what I expected, and was comparable to what I paid two years ago.

Unfortunately, we shipped the vehicle before we left Michigan, so I only had a family member accept the vehicle for me. She did the walk-around, and she signed it off, but I know there’s damage there. It appears that the person who transported the vehicle tried to fix it. It’s obvious on the hood. It looks like it’s a small dent and a scratch, but then there’s this piece of tape that they tried to put over it that matches the color of my car. It’s like the size of a small piece of tape, about as long as an inch. I washed my car recently, and saw it. My husband and I saw it earlier too, but we were like, “Well, there’s nothing we could do, right?” So we didn’t do anything about it and just left it.

Other than that, I was very impressed with everything. I was super impressed with how quickly my vehicle got across the country. It got picked up on a Monday, and then it was dropped off in California on Thursday. That was three days versus three or four weeks that it took to get my car when I moved to Michigan with the other company that I used.

Original review: July 21, 2019

We were buying a car and we managed to find one a few states over. We didn't wanna make the trip ourselves so we got the car shipped. It was gonna be from Chicago to New Jersey. I had friends who used King of the Road beforehand and they recommended it because they are closed transport so the car won’t get too damaged on the way. They had a decent rate too which was nice. Other companies were overcharging for the distance.

Customer service was really useful. I got in contact with one agent. I explained the distance and pick-up time. We set the time up. The seller brought the car to one location. Kind of the Road coordinated with the seller as well. They reached out to him and everyone seemed to go away happy. I was told I would supposedly get my car in five days but they managed to get here in three which was kinda nice. There were no damages to the car although it was a bit dusty. But that's what you expect from transporting it. We paid the quote King of the Road provided too. They were spot-on.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I have a house over on Maui. I needed my car over there and used King of the Road Transport for the price. The people I talked to on the phone seemed like they really had it together. My interactions with the rep and the delivery went perfectly. I like the experience so much that I'm thinking about shipping another car as time goes on.

King of the Road Transport Company Information