4.7/5 (542 ratings)

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

About King of the Road Transport

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

Pros

• Ships internationally
    • Door-to-door shipping option
    • Classic car options
    • Multiple discounts available

Cons

• Extra fees for modified or inoperable vehicles

Bottom Line

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker with multiple discounts. Though there can be extra fees, they have the ability to ship most types of vehicles.

King of the Road Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

This was the second time I moved my car between states using service from King of the Road. My relocation from LA to Denver, for complicated reasons, was in a rush. I booked exactly one week before my first available day for shipping, and Claire was really helpful in explaining details and addressing my concerns. King of the Road made sure my specific needs (cargos, day to arrive etc.) were clear to and taken care of by the auto transportation service they communicated with (ZRZ). I arrived 3 days later than my car did, and the car was hold with no extra fee incurred (the driver mentioned about storage fee when picking up my car, but King of the Road communicated with them in time to avoid that from happening), and was redelivered safely. This greatly reduced my moving hassle. It was a pleasure working with them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

So King of the Road Transport got in touch with me about shipping my motorcycle. Well I told them that I didn’t want to pay much over 300$ and that if they found a driver around the 300-400 price range to let me know and we would go from there. Well TCI Logistics reached out after initially telling me 650$ for an enclosed carry and 425 on open carrier which is no good for a custom chopper. But 600$ is high considering I just had a 200k Porsche Panamera shipped from same location for 600$ even. So I went to uShip and put in a 300$ offer there. Well I found a driver with 200 perfect reviews with a 5 star rating that would do it for 300$, but the dates he was going to have the bike here I was going to be out of town, so I sent the quote to king of the road and tci. Well tci said they would do it for 400$ with cash on delivery.

Well no sooner had they found the driver that they messaged me saying that I had already hired “king of the road” and that I was offering 600$ which was as far from the truth as can be. Well it got ugly with tci logistics then, Alice ** from there sent some very rude messages and said she would be canceling my file after going into a contract for the 400$ delivery and sent me where “king of the road” actually had me on the “board” (where brokers post your info and how much money you are offering) that they were hired by me and that I was offering 600$ to have my bike shipped. Well with this information saved in a screenshot I confronted Claire from king of the road and was ignored until I said I was reaching out to BBB and that’s where she finally responded and denied EVERYTHING, said that tci was lying for a reason that made no sense.

Well after seeing the board the drivers look at for quotes which had me that I would pay 600$ (which king of the road did because they knew I wasn’t willing to pay anything near that and that made it to where no company would quote me under 600$) they did that so they could undercut everyone by 50$ and would still be my cheapest quote. It was a very shady and fraudulent thing to do to get more money out of me. Well now after that I can’t find any quotes under 650-600 because everyone thinks I hired them and are willing to pay at least 600$. And to make it worse she denied everything and said that she had put that I would only pay 300 on a board and that I had NEVER hired them as a broker.

Well I saved the messages and sent them to Alice ** from tci logistics to prove to her that I hadn’t hired king of the road and that I only offered 300$, but she went on to talk to me like an abusive parent talks to a 3 year old child in trouble and blocked me. Well I needed my bike here at a certain time to sell it and now because of Claire from king of the road transport was trying to make sure I wouldn’t get the quote I wanted after making public to all the drivers that I was willing to pay 600$ I haven’t been able to find anyone that will do it under that now when initially I had many offers for 400$ and less. What Claire did is considered fraud. And now has cost me a good week of putting info and talking to many different drivers that all quote me at 600 and up now.

This is how they get their business at king of the road and able to charge what they want because of fraudulent info they put out to where no one will quote you under what it says you are willing to pay. I thought tci logistics were horrible (which they are) but Claire at “king of the road definitely takes 1st place for worst service out there. Hope this review can help other people so they don’t get into the same mess as I did.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I called King of the Road in September to schedule a December shipment. As of this date 12/16, they still could not confirm pick up of my auto. They had a million excuses. Do not use them. They will hang you out to dry and now I have to scramble to find another carrier at this late date since they were unable to find us a driver. How they remain in business is a joke. They are a joke, so inefficient!!!

King of the Road Transport response

Hi Patricia,

We apologize that you felt like we were making excuses. In this industry, because drivers are transporting 8-10 vehicles at a time, for 8-10 different clients, with 8-10 different schedules, drivers do not confirm loads so far in advance. We tried explaining this to you in every way we possibly could, but you just didn´t seem to be able to understand it. Instead you choose to scramble and look for a different company, rather than letting us do our jobs. We aren´t one of the top rated brokers in the industry for nothing. We are good at what we do, and we know this industry like the back of our hands. We hope everything worked out well for you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Please email me for full story at **, happy to give anyone the facts - they knew they messed up, so the owner Jay Batista offered me a full refund. Haven’t heard from him for the last 6 months after he offered and I accepted. I’ve called, had my lawyer call, and emailed every month between then and now, no response. They’re clearly ignoring me. SDM (contracted thru King of the Road) damaged my car and illegally prohibited me from filing with their insurance.. King of the Road came up with the idea of refunding me on their end, so I’m very confused as to why they refuse to respond and follow through with THEIR offer. Feel free to contact me with questions. I’m in the middle of filing a civil suit against King of the Road as well as their contractor SDM Transport.

King of the Road Transport response

Hi Hayley,

The check we sent you does show that it has been cashed by you, so please reach us if you are not the one who cashed that refund check. We fought on your behalf tooth and nail to get SDM to do the right thing. We have apologized over and over again, and can assure you and future clients SDM will no longer be transporting any vehicles for King of the Road. We find their behavior appauling and unacceptable.
    Also, I would like to add a correction. Jay Batista is not the owner of King of the Road, and never has been. I am sorry if he mislead you in any way. Jay was a manager here but unfortunately is no longer with the company. Shall you need anything further, please feel free to contact me.
    Best regards,

Mary

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I looked at the reviews and the cost of different transport companies and chose King of the Road Transport. I took advantage of their online quote calculator and the quote was close to my final cost. Plus, the rep was very good. She helped. I was happy with the overall service from the King of the Road. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

King of the Road Transport was flexible regarding price and their rating on Better Business Bureau was high. Moreover, the individual that I was working with was very nice. I wanted to move my car from one state to another and the quote I got was okay. My interactions with their rep were nothing but top-notch and excellent. She was always friendly, explained how everything would work and reached out to me. Plus, I had a specific date and time and she made that work. And when I got the vehicle, it was in the same condition as when I dropped it off.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We had King of the Road bring up a movie prop vehicle from California to our show in Seattle then had them ship it back. The quote they gave us seemed fine, and the rep who scheduled the transport was great and very friendly. The transport took three days and when the vehicle arrived, it looked great. The experience was quick, easy and straightforward.

Original review: July 27, 2019

My experience with King of the Road Transport was good. I was doing a seasonal move. I wanted to use a company in Maine, where I am right now, but they’ve got some horrible communication reviews so I took a chance with King of the Road Transport and my interactions with the rep were excellent. The service was terrific and Dan was right on top of everything. The car showed up exactly when it was supposed to and it came in good shape.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was moving to a different location and I needed to ship my vehicle. I was shopping around and I called lots of places. King of the Road had the cheapest deal compared to the others and in the beginning, my experience with them was good because I was still not confirmed if I was really going with them. When I would give them a call, they would answer it or five minutes after, somebody would get back to me. Even if I texted, they would respond. And even on weekends, they would call me back. But once I locked up the contract and gave my credit card, it was hard to get in touch with their reps. I would call them so many times and nobody would answer. But they would text me next day and tell me to call them if I had any questions. Still, I was disappointed with how the customer service changed.

There was also another problem because the week I was supposed to ship my car, somebody called me and said that I had to pay in cash. But we never had that deal and I gave them my credit card already. It felt sketchy to me. In the end, I got my car nice and safe, which I'm glad about. But right when I was ready to head out of my point A, I was put in an obligated and difficult situation. Then I had a bit of an argument with the person and he tried to explain it to me. But I was not satisfied and I told him that as long as I got my car safe, I would just deal with paying cash or whatever. And in the future, I don’t know if I would go with King of the Road again because it was not what I expected.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I was moving across the country and I used King of the Road's online quote calculator. I found them to be cheaper and went with them. The move took about two to three weeks and everything went fine.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I was doing a military transport. I called King of the Road Transport and theirs was the best quote I had gotten out of all the people I called. I also used them three years ago. Their reps were very professional and they quoted me well. It was very detailed. My vehicle was in good condition when I got it.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I’ve moved twice now in the last two years, once to Michigan and then the second time back to California. The first company I used was some broker through the internet and I was not happy with them. I sought out a different company this time for coming back to California a month or so ago, and as I googled, I saw King of the Road. I saw that they were rated from the Better Business Bureau. Carol, my contact person, was wonderful and she helped me the whole time. The cost was what I expected, and was comparable to what I paid two years ago.

Unfortunately, we shipped the vehicle before we left Michigan, so I only had a family member accept the vehicle for me. She did the walk-around, and she signed it off, but I know there’s damage there. It appears that the person who transported the vehicle tried to fix it. It’s obvious on the hood. It looks like it’s a small dent and a scratch, but then there’s this piece of tape that they tried to put over it that matches the color of my car. It’s like the size of a small piece of tape, about as long as an inch. I washed my car recently, and saw it. My husband and I saw it earlier too, but we were like, “Well, there’s nothing we could do, right?” So we didn’t do anything about it and just left it.

Other than that, I was very impressed with everything. I was super impressed with how quickly my vehicle got across the country. It got picked up on a Monday, and then it was dropped off in California on Thursday. That was three days versus three or four weeks that it took to get my car when I moved to Michigan with the other company that I used.

Original review: July 21, 2019

We were buying a car and we managed to find one a few states over. We didn't wanna make the trip ourselves so we got the car shipped. It was gonna be from Chicago to New Jersey. I had friends who used King of the Road beforehand and they recommended it because they are closed transport so the car won’t get too damaged on the way. They had a decent rate too which was nice. Other companies were overcharging for the distance.

Customer service was really useful. I got in contact with one agent. I explained the distance and pick-up time. We set the time up. The seller brought the car to one location. Kind of the Road coordinated with the seller as well. They reached out to him and everyone seemed to go away happy. I was told I would supposedly get my car in five days but they managed to get here in three which was kinda nice. There were no damages to the car although it was a bit dusty. But that's what you expect from transporting it. We paid the quote King of the Road provided too. They were spot-on.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I have a house over on Maui. I needed my car over there and used King of the Road Transport for the price. The people I talked to on the phone seemed like they really had it together. My interactions with the rep and the delivery went perfectly. I like the experience so much that I'm thinking about shipping another car as time goes on.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was buying a vehicle and I looked for a broker in South Florida. Though King of the Road had some bad reviews, they had some good reviews. I went with them and getting a quote as well as service was very easy. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with their service. They did a good job transporting my vehicle and it arrived in good shape.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My son lives in the Los Angeles area, and I bought a new vehicle, and he wanted the pickup transported to him. King of the Road gave me the best price and they met our requirements as to pick up and delivery. They got there a day before they said they were going to. They were excellent.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I searched the internet for transport companies and found good reviews on King of the Road. I contacted them and they gave me a good estimate. I had a very good experience with their rep and the driver was professional, well-dressed and did a good job.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was shipping a vehicle for my daughter. I went with King of the Road because of the price and they were quick in answering my stuff. The vehicle got there safe and got there at the timeframe they told me it would. They picked it up at the same time. I didn't have any issues. I was very satisfied.

Original review: June 11, 2019

For a company that's business is to help people move you'd think they'd be aware of timezones. I live in Hawaii and it's stated that I live in Hawaii on my quote and yet I receive calls about if I want to ship my car at 5:30 in the morning, not once but TWICE. I will not be using this service to ship my car because I do not appreciate being woken up by a company that doesn't bother to check the timezone of people they're trying to make sales to.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We sold a vehicle to a family member and we were shipping it from New Jersey back to California where she lives. We chose to go with King of the Road Transport based on reviews and ratings that we had been able to see online. The initial request was sent out online, and then everything was set up via phone conversations and e-mails. The King of the Road Transport customer service reps were very helpful. The estimate that they provided didn’t vary from the first time we contacted them to the end results. So there was consistency there and no surprises. They made the process seamless. King of the Road Transport made it a very easy process when it was overwhelming to go out there and contacted through all those brokers that attacked us. We would recommend going directly through them. Everything was clear, and it was insured.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We didn’t wanna drive the car down and wanted to have it shipped. I reviewed all sorts of different sites and reviews online and King of the Road Transport seemed to get the best reviews with anyone that I found. They turned out to be excellent. They were very upfront and very trustworthy. They were on time and they showed up on the day they said they were gonna show up. The car showed up on the day they said it was gonna show up.

But then we went through a broker and she wasn't great. She quoted us a price and a location where the car would be picked up. Then, she came back to us and said that it wasn’t possible and it was gonna cost more money. She said that she didn’t know it was gonna be peak season. I said that nothing has changed since she gave us the quote, so she needed to honor the quote. She ended up honoring it, but I talked to King of the Road Transport directly and they said that they shouldn’t have given me that quote and that they would never have picked up the car in that location either with anyone else. I will go directly to King of the Road next time and I won’t use a broker. It’s more economical as you are not paying a brokerage fee.

King of the Road's location in Florida is right around the corner from us. They came to the Cape and picked up our car. The rep told me exactly what to expect and did a full inspection. There was no damage to the car. Everything showed up fine and it actually showed up a day earlier than they said. The driver called me and said, “There’s no problem at all. I can either drop it at your house or in a lot, it’s right around the corner. And when you get in town, I can come to pick you up.” He was great. I would not hesitate recommending King of the Road. I will be using them to ship my car back in the spring.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My vehicle was at my sister’s place and I needed to get it back to my house. I got a quote online from King of the Road Transport and then I called them. They give me a good price and they explained everything that I had to do. They sent me a form that I had to sign and then I returned it to them. Then I had to pay for the shipment and that was it. Dealing with their customer service was very good. They sent me an e-mail and even a text message. They also called me when they picked up my car. The driver also called me when he was at my sister’s house and then when he was on his way here. When the vehicle got here, it was in a perfect state. I was happy with the service. You should definitely get the service. It’s good and fast.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My daughter had taken a car down to Georgia and was gonna keep it, but then she realized she would have to register down there, and it was costing too much money. So we had to take the car back to California again. We used King of the Road Transport to do so and we had a great experience. Just by looking at their website, it sounded like they're a company that had been around for a while and was reputable. Their price was also a lot better than that of other companies. Then, setting up the service, I talked to somebody in person and they were helpful and friendly. They were really good and I'd tell friends that it's a company worth using.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I needed my car and I called King of the Road. We talked about how they ship the car and the pricing. We also talked who does what. All I cared about was how they were gonna take care of the car, the price and getting it there safely and they were the most conscientious about the car and the price. I got some emails and a live person, and their person coordinated the whole move. Moreover, I did the online quote and I also called and got the verbal because I wanted to know whether the car was going to be tarped or inside or outside of the carrier. All in all, I had nothing but great service from their people so I would use King of the Road again if I had to transport a vehicle. I would also tell my friends to use them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We gave our Nissan Murano to another member of our family as a gift. We were shipping it and chose the King of the Road because of the pricing. Also, they were always reachable and they were able to work with us with our schedule to get the vehicle on the move. We had an issue at the departure in terms of trying to get somebody to pick it up, so we tried some alternative departure cities and that we got a hit pretty easily. They were able to type on the computer and do the various searches and stuff and worked out great. Also, anytime there was a status change, I always got a phone call and the rep was easy to reach whenever I called. The transport took roughly a week and it was from Vegas to Connecticut so that was quick. The car was dirty when it arrived but I get it. They moved it over 2,000 miles. It was an awesome experience. We just had a car in transit this week and we used King of the Road again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had to move because of my job and I chose King of the Road for their price and the way they explained everything. Their online quote was competitive and prompt. I was told they could renegotiate with the drivers to bring the quote down a bit but that wasn’t done. Nonetheless, the customer service rep I spoke with was very good. She explained everything nicely and in detail how the shipping would happen because it was the first time I was using the service from any shipper, especially for the cars. The movers, Umbrella Transport, was professional and they delivered on the day they promised. The whole process took about a week. King of the Road is the broker service and they got me a good shipper. Maybe they can rethink about their commissions just to reduce the cost a bit. Overall, I had a very nice experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I bought a vehicle at the auction in Kokomo, Indiana. King of the Road is a wonderful company. I'm a second time user and they are awesome. It was a great experience interacting with their reps. They kept their word and they were very responsive. The quote that I was provided was identical with what I had to pay in the end and the vehicle arrived exactly as described. I'd tell others to use King of the Road too.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I bought a car which came out of Casper, Wyoming and I live in Saucier, Mississippi. I talked to an individual from Miami, Florida and got the quotes over the phone. The representative from King of the Road called me and I told them that I wasn’t sure with the exact date and that I would let them know. So, when I knew what I wanted, I called them back and they said they would see what they could do. It was 10 days in advance notice and the girl called me back. She told me they had a vehicle coming through there. I gave them the address but then, the driver called me. I gave him the phone number of the individual that had the car and he communicated with the person that was gonna ship it to me.

The driver called me and told me that he was leaving Wyoming, and that he would be gone for about five days. So, I told him to call me when he was a few hours out of Saucier, Mississippi. The driver stayed in communication with me but he wasn’t able to deliver it to where I live. It’s in the boondocks and the roads were too small to bring a semi down. So, I found a place on Highway 49 pretty close to where I live, so he offloaded the vehicle in a place where I was able to get it. Communication was ahead of time. All the planning was made in advance to where it benefited myself and the driver, and there was no inconvenience to me. They handled what I needed very well. I was satisfied with everything that transpired. I wanted transportation in a van and King of the Road provided that. They picked it up and delivered it to where I wanted, and everything went like clockwork and smoothly.

I told friends how I found King of the Road. I went online and posted it. There were several emails I got and the first one I tried was King of the Road. They provided me with everything I needed without me having to sort through all the other applicants and the people that wanted to do it. I was happy with the response I got with the cost. It was a great experience and they did a great job for me. A friend of mine was buying a car out of New Jersey, and I gave him the phone number of King of the Road. He called me back and told me that they quoted him a fair price and he was using them. Four days ago, he called me and told me he had gotten his car so, they provided him with good service also.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I live on the big island of Hawaii. I am very satisfied with the customer service and communication throughout the whole process. I did research, read reviews, called and spoke to several different auto transport companies. I decided on King of the Road. Their website looked professional and informative. From the initial contact and quote to setting up time, date and port, Claire and her team really made sure I was being informed every step of the way. When I needed a question answered or checking on status of what to do or expect during each process, Claire, Nadia, Jessica and the rest of the King of the Road team made sure everyone was conveying the most updated and correct information to me.

They helped find the most cost effective and most way to transport and ship my vehicle. The “icing on the cake” of this whole process was that my vehicle arrived to the Hilo port about week earlier than expected. They even did a follow up call just to check if I received the vehicle in the same condition it went on the auto transport in San Diego! Mahalo, again, King of the Road Transport for making customer service and investment care a high priority!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We needed a vehicle shipped from Florida to New York. I went online and different companies called me thereafter. We chose one which happened to be King of the Road and we were alright with the quote they gave to us. Their reps were really kind and everything went well with the move. I'd recommend them.

King of the Road Transport Company Information