4.7/5 (542 ratings)

Find Auto Transporters near you

About King of the Road Transport

Whether you are moving permanently or find yourself in an unexpected extended stay situation, King of the Road Transport can help get you mobile again.

Find Auto Transporters near you

Pros

• Ships internationally
    • Door-to-door shipping option
    • Classic car options
    • Multiple discounts available

Cons

• Extra fees for modified or inoperable vehicles

Bottom Line

King of the Road is a licensed, bonded and insured auto transport broker with multiple discounts. Though there can be extra fees, they have the ability to ship most types of vehicles.

King of the Road Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about King of the Road Transport?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I was moving and was shipping my vehicle from Ventura town, California to Kansas City. I asked several people and somebody recommended King of the Road to me. I called them and the price was right. What I was quoted and what it ended up paying was the same. The transport organizer was very nice and very cordial. I had to call her back about some questions and the first time I called, she wasn't in. I left a message and she returned the call promptly. The experience was great. When my vehicle arrived, everything was fine and in order. The vendor that they've used to move my vehicle was very nice, very cordial and very communicative. It was a good experience as well. I would definitely recommend King of the Road to somebody else.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My experience with King of the Road was very positive. I was getting my car to my daughter who lives in California. I looked up a number of reviews on a few different transport companies and when I asked for a quote, the email that King of the Road sent me was straightforward. It seemed like it was gonna be easy to book with them and they didn’t send me 25 emails trying to get me to book with them. They were easy to schedule and book with, and they kept in communication with me the entire time. The driver was great. I live in an apartment complex and he met me in a Walmart parking lot next to my complex. And then, he drove me back to my apartment and everything went very smoothly.

Their reps were very polite and friendly. I have a job where I can't have my cellphone with me in my office so they were really flexible about calling my desk phone and emailing me. We were trying to set up the time and they were really good about giving me a ballpark of when the driver was gonna arrive. They kept in touch with me and emailed me at work as to how far out the driver was. In the end, I paid exactly what the quote was and the vehicle was in the exact same condition it was in when it left.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was very nervous about shipping my vehicle from Hawaii to Arkansas because I have never done this before. Marc contacted me and gave me all the information I needed to make a decision to go with King of the Road. He was available to answer my questions everytime I emailed or called. Also, Alex in customer service was wonderful! I was kept informed of my vehicles movements from the day it was dropped off at the port in Oahu until it reached my home. The car arrived on time and in great condition. I will definitely be using and recommending this company if the need arises in the future. Thanks again for a job well done!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I got relocated for a new job and I needed to ship my vehicle. Jessica, the person I interacted with at King of the Road, was good. I liked how she explained and the way she said things straight. Yohan, the driver, was super good too. Both of them were super amazing. They took care of me. I had offers from five companies that had about the same rate but Jessica got me a good rate, which was at par with the others. The vehicle was the same when it arrived and they had delivered it exactly at the time I wanted. So far, it has been working good. I would definitely recommend King of the Road.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I live in New York and my vehicle was in Texas. I looked at a couple of companies to ship it and King of the Road Transport seemed to be the most efficient as far as what I was trying to do, time-wise. As soon as I contacted them, they sent me a quote via email. The quote was reasonable and the next day, the vehicle was picked up. The rep gave me all the information I needed. I had steady contact with the drivers as far as once the vehicle was picked up, en route, and then on the delivery itself. It took five days for the vehicle to get here and the timing was perfect. Everything worked out great and I would recommend them. They were completely trustworthy and very reliable.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have a car that I moved every summer and winter and I’ve used King of the Road several times to broker me a deal. I was extremely happy with Spade Transportation. They did a fine job and they were communicative. Once I had the driver and the information with them, everything was great. However, the King of the Road part of it was a little less than optimal. The manager was very competent but the agent who was handling me was scrambled. The woman would not call nor email me back, and I would have to call and get the supervisor who would take care of everything. I was not happy with them because I was trying to get a deal done and the woman was not professional. It would be better if you got a different person to help you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I bought a vehicle from a dealer in Houston and I stayed in Midland so, I needed someone to ship it over to me. My friend is into the car business and he’s been using King of the Road Transport for a while. He told me they are reliable, so he introduced me to them and they were good. I got the quote by phone and the rep was nice, respectful and patient. She did very well. She answered all of my questions and when we had problems, she was able to resolve them. The driver was supposed to deliver it on a Monday, but it came on Sunday. I was surprised and I was happy with it. King of the Road was great and I would refer friends.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was relocating my father to San Diego and I was recommended King of the Road Transport by my cousins who used them several times. I called for a quote and I had an excellent interaction with the reps. They were very accommodating and constantly checked with me every week to make sure that we were still on track for the transport. I got my car in a week. The driver drove it right into my driveway. He was perfect. It was a great experience with King of the Road. They were competitively-priced and provided excellent service. I would use them again and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

King of the Road told me a better price and the representative whom I worked with there was knowledgeable and provided more information. I decided to go through them when I was moving to a different place and got a good quote. I recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My vehicle broke down in Spokane, Washington as it had caught fire. I had to have it shipped once it was fixed. I used the quote calculator of King of the Road and it said that someone would get in touch with me, so I waited for their call. I was fine with the price that they gave seeing as far as they had to come. Also, the agents whom I worked with handled business well. They were kind and they knew what they were talking about. I'd use this company's services again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I relocated from New York to South Carolina. I explored four transport companies and contacted three of them. Then I decided on King of the Road because of their price. It was great dealing with King of the Road's customer service. The individuals were pleasant and informative. They pretty much kept me informed and up-to-date of the progress as far as relocation of the vehicle down here. The pickup and delivery of the vehicle also went smoothly. When it came time for delivery, the driver contacted me. He told me when he'd be at the point for delivery and he was a little bit early.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We were moving from Connecticut to Indiana. King of the Road happened to pop up online and we decided to go with them. Our experience with them went very well and the quote they gave us was the same as the amount we paid. It was a good price. We dealt with Mark and he kept us up-to-date about everything. He got us in touch with the driver and the driver called us a couple of times. The delivery took two days and the driver was right on schedule. He was also very friendly and very polite. He got the car out here on time and it worked out better than the rest of my transportation. So, everything was good.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Originally I was going to go with another company until King of the Road got a hold of me. They researched the other company and let me know that their BBB rating was much lower than theirs. On BBB King of the Road is A+. The driver they set to pick up my vehicle was professional and kept in contact all the way to the destination. He put air in my tires and my car got there really fast. Couldn't be happier with King of the Road and driver Gail.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased a new vehicle and was transferring it from Vermont to Missouri. King of the Road had a very good rating and they seemed very reliable after talking to them. They were very upfront and expedient with getting the job done. Their transport organizer was very informative as to how the procedure works and we had a very good interaction. The initial quote they gave was a very legitimate one and it did not change. The driver was very professional and provided excellent service. It took 4 days to transport the vehicle. He kept us informed of when he was coming, where he was and when he dropped the vehicle off. King of the Road is very honest with new customers. They actually tell you what's going on so you can understand the procedure.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Our daughter was moving from Hawaii to Austin and we set up a transport for her. I Googled transport and King of the Road had good reviews but I had a good feeling once I actually talked to the customer service person. They weren’t hounding me and calling back and they were very friendly. Their reps answered all my questions and gave us a quote. Also, any time I had a question, I could call and they even knew my name when they answered the phone. They tried to help explain to me what port it would be going out of and they went through the transport from Hawaii to LA with me online with maps. They ship only on certain days and if our daughter had waited a couple of days, it would have put it back for a whole another week just because of the timeline that matched. They helped me understand that.

My daughter works downtown in Austin. It's a very busy street and the driver put her car in the middle of that street with her hazards on because there was nowhere for them to park that day. We knew it would be hard for them to do that. She went out and paid them, but it kinda made her a little bit nervous because everyone was honking at her. She hadn’t worked with her hazard lights in a while, and she didn’t really know how to turn those off. But that was the only glitch. They were very nice and they were trying to get the car closest to her work because she was working at the time. This was our second time to use them and everything was great.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

King of the Road provided an enclosed trailer for shipping my vehicle at a price that was better than what I could get anywhere else. They had it delivered in three days, and after moving about 1,260 miles, we paid the exact same amount that we were quoted.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was shipping from one location to another and didn't wanna transport it myself. King of the Road followed up with me and I decided to go with them. The quote they gave was reasonable and it didn't change when I received the final cost. The communication I had with them was adequate. Their rep let me know when it was scheduled, who's who and the name of the driver. I also had direct communication with the driver. Upon arrival, the vehicle was in the condition that I expected it to be based upon where I had it sitting and the duration. This is my first transporting experience so there was some apprehension in doing it but I am extremely happy with the end result.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I called in King of the Road Transport to arrange a move. Everything went very smoothly. They arranged the pick-up time and also arranged when they would come to the destination of my vehicle in Florida. The drivers showed up when we expected them to.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

King of the Road Transport helped me transport my Jeep from Florida to Washington. It was an organized and smooth process. I let them know my pick up dates and my car was picked up exactly when they said it would and it actually arrived earlier than expected to the destination. We worked with the driver from ABP Logistics, he was extremely nice and handled our car well. We encountered a dent on the driver side door and King of the Road Transport was extremely helpful in helping us contact the driver and getting our situation worked out. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I made the fateful mistake of clicking a shipping company or a trucking company online and my phone lit up like crazy. They wanted me bad, but Jessica from King of the Road called and I told her the situation. She explained it very well and simply, and I easily understood it. She was outstanding. I rewarded her for being so straightforward and taking the time to explain it to me. They quoted the move before they even picked the vehicle up and the price was always agreed to before the move was done. I bought a new car for my son in Atlanta and sent it over to him, then brought the other one that he was using back to Atlanta. My daughter relocated to Scottsdale, Arizona, so we shipped her car from Atlanta to Scottsdale. I wasn’t in Scottsdale but I checked everything with my daughter if there was an issue, and there was none. One of the vehicles was particularly dirty, but that happens from the truck on the road.

I’ve moved three cars inside of a month and two out of the three moves were really good. Unfortunately, the last one was kinda cantankerous. While the others all met me close to where I needed to drop the car off, the last one was demanding that I bring it about 45 minutes from my house to a parking lot where the driver was. I did it because I just had to, but that shouldn’t be, and I let King of the Road know that.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I am in Florida for six months out of a year and I wanted to use my convertible. I put feelers out, called different people, and King of the Road was one of the ones that responded back to me. I talked to a lady who was from England and her accent was tough to understand, but she was nice and she took care of everything. King of the Road's price was a bit on the high side, but it was reasonable. I had some that were cheaper, and then King of the Road kept telling me that there’s no way the cheaper people are gonna take care of my car as well as they will.

They convinced me for the sake of $150 to go with them, and then the driver got down here a day sooner than I wanted. I was halfway down in Georgia, so I had some friends pick up the car and there was a six-inch scratch on my driver side door, which I tried to buff out. Now, I can see it a little but I have to look for it to see it. A piece of plastic was also broken off in my rear tail light, but I was gonna replace that tail light anyway.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and I was shipping it from North Carolina to Michigan. King of the Road Transport responded promptly. They told me they had the driver and they could have it here in a week. Also, they could give me a two-week window. They could lock a time compared to other carriers. The vehicle got here when they said they would. I just had a tight timeline, so we had a little bit of an issue but they did their best. They had multiple follow-ups, multiple people, text, and email. But it may have been a little confusing because I replied a couple of times and I had a couple of different people working with me.

The transport driver did a good job of keeping adequate communication considering they were driving a vehicle with cars behind. The only thing that would be a little bit nicer for customer service would be if they had little GPS trackers so you would know exactly where your vehicle is. That would be pretty cool. Then, they'd probably wouldn't need to call as much, just call one time when they're getting close. If anyone asks, I would tell them to call King of the Road first.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

When I needed to ship back a car from Philadelphia to Georgia, Google came up with King of the Road Transport. My experience with them was all positive. Their quote was all right and although they have charged me to pay up a little bit, it was fair in the end. The rep was always in touch, they delivered on time and the condition of the car was the same as it was when it got on.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I inherited a truck and it had some equipment in it so, I needed it transported to Seattle. I spoke with a rep from King of the Road earlier in the year as I was planning this particular move. They were one of the first to quote on it. It was competitive and it was the final payout. Initially, interacting with their rep was through email, then a phone call, and then a follow-up phone call when it was completed. I received a call from the dispatch to set up the delivery time and it was only when they delivered the car that I talked to the drivers. They did a good job.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and needed it shipped from the east to the west coast. I looked into a few companies but King of the Road was the only one that I contacted. Their price was competitive than all the other brokers but then, nothing came and nothing got done. They kept saying the vehicle will get picked up on a certain date but then it never did. I called them that I was unhappy with the service and they were very rude and unprofessional.

Once I told them I want to source from another company, they copied and pasted that company's information and made a fake Word document. They tried to discredit the company by making it seem like that carrier was charging the same amount that they were charging. The document had typos on it and had the little red blotches on the bottom of the word. The bottom line is, King of the Road have been very deceptive and low-class. They also used profane language towards me and that was really nasty. I called them back and told them I confirmed with the other carrier about the document. They got all mad and started talking about a bunch of crap to me and I told them I was gonna call Better Business Bureau and make a report.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

King of the Road Transport had a high Yelp review and there were positive comments. They were more accessible to obtain a price range from, and the quote they have given was spot on. The customer service representative was very communicative, back and forth. There were a couple of times I had to call and inquire, but for the most part, it was well done. The move was about a thousand miles and it took them a day or two, and it was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was moving a car and I had an arrangement with a different company. But at the last minute, they tried to increase their quote by $300 and I refused to be held hostage to that. It's a slippery-slopey industry and it's hard to find honest people. This was my second rodeo because I bought a house down in Florida. And I had a problem going out of here with every company I dealt with and then I had a problem coming back. What I've learned in one year is that transport companies make quotes in advance and 99 times out of 100, they decide not to honor the quotes. The reason they claim is that they get busy and the prices go up. But they don't tell you that in the original quote. They know when you wanna have your car picked up, shipped and delivered and they give you a written original quote. But when it comes to that week to do it, they raise their prices on you all of a sudden.

One of the people I had as a back-up was King of the Road and initially, I wanted them to meet the other company's quote. But when I called them, I only had three days to make a decision because I was moving. Eric found me a driver but the price was about $50 higher than what they had originally quoted me several months before. And that was $100 more than the price that I would have taken from the other company. But at that point, I was annoyed with the other company because I thought they didn't have any integrity. Besides, King of the Road told me why the price had to go up. It was last minute and I had not accepted their original bid because it was too high. As it turned out, it got higher.

But even though I wound up paying more money, I felt that I was dealing with somebody honest. And I was. The driver was excellent. He was a very cooperative and professional guy to deal with and he met my requirements. It's normally a two-day trip but I was driving my other car down and leaving town the day after he picked up the car. So he delayed his trip, took my car to his home and stored it there for two days before he got on the road. I was actually on the road before he was and it all worked out. He picked the car up on a Thursday and then delivered it on Sunday. He showed up and delivered when he was supposed to, and the car was in good condition.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I really enjoy my car and I'm not just gonna hand the keys over to someone that I don't trust. My initial phone call with King of the Road to have my car shipped to Georgia was good and their rep was very informative. Their reviews online were pretty good, too. There were some pretty cheap quotes, but they seemed sketchy. But the quote that King of the Road gave me was right in the middle and it was the same price I had to pay in the end.

You can trust King of the Road to keep you informed throughout the process. The driver was super nice and was in contact when he picked up my car, when he was in transit and when he dropped it off. So, I’m definitely happy. The car was a little dirty when it arrived. I smelled a little bit of oil and clutch, but I’ve been driving it since and the car seems to be fine.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We were moving and we called King of the Road to transport two vehicles. The phone reps seemed very proficient and pleasant to talk to. It seemed that they would do what they said they were gonna do and they were very clearly understood. They were also very accommodating with all my questions when I made follow-up calls to them. We also love the driver. He was very personable and more than competent. He definitely knew his business and told us about the route our vehicle would take. He didn't leave the east coast right away but that was an advantage to us because it gave us a chance to get here first to receive the vehicles. He came right to our house on the west coast for the pick-up so it couldn't have been better or more convenient and we were satisfied with the vehicles' condition when we got it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I was moving and I was shipping my vehicle across about 2,300 miles. It was from the west coast to the east. I blindly selected King of the Road Transport because my friend referred me through their guy. But before loading my vehicle, I didn't get the daily follow-up call from King of the Road. They told me within two days, they were going to ship my car. But until the afternoon of the second day, I had not gotten any call, neither from the transport company nor from King of the Road. I called the transport company directly and I needed to follow up with them.

But with moving my household things, I had other works going on sparingly and King of the Road could have followed up better with the transport company to know the status of the transportation intimately everyday. The communication could have been better but it was not very bad. Once I reached the destination, I got a call from King of the Road that there was some delay and that the vehicle was going to be delivered on Saturday. That was good. I had no issues with the driver and the people were nice. Everything went well and was on time.

King of the Road Transport Company Information