Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

51 Jasper Engines and Transmissions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I’ve had 3 4.3 Chevy engines put in my boat this year. Everyone was a piece of crap and they won’t stand behind their warranty. I think the government needs to step in and solve this problem. I have an attorney and will be suing them for the motor labor time lost and inconvenience. This company needs to be closed!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My dealership purchased a remanufactured turbocharger for a 6.7 Dodge diesel, these guys put so much hype in their ad about how well made these turbos are but just after 44,000 miles the whole component has failed. No resolution from them or dealership. If you are looking for a turbocharger look elsewhere. Do Not Purchase one from these guys, read the reviews, I didn't have a say in the repair as it was warranted by the dealership. I am now having to replace my turbocharger and surely I will check out other companies. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

1999 Chrysler 300M. Bought a new Jasper engine. Got it installed. It started throwing oil and leaking within 1 month. Had it removed and ANOTHER Jasper engine installed. I HAD TO PAY ALL OF THE LABOR FOR REMOVAL AND INSTALL OF 2nd ENGINE! So... the 2nd engine just threw a rod last week. I changed the oil every 3500 miles and had it done by the INSTALLER of the engine so they could keep an eye out for any issues. Guess how many miles the 2nd one had on it when it blew up last week? 75,000. Do not waste your $$$ on a Jasper engine. VERY disappointed... to say the least. I was hoping for AT LEAST 125,000 miles and it should have lasted that with regular oil changes.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This is by far the bottom of the barrel as far as engine rebuilders go! I own a Marine Service business and recently installed a Jasper 4.3 Litre Chevy Marine engine. It failed within a month! They did replace the engine after much headache. The second engine failed right at about a month after install as well. This time I told the Jasper rep that some cylinders were showing water intrusion so I was pulling the cylinder head! (They did not like this). After the head was pulled there was a 3 inch crack in the cylinder wall. Bottom line:: They said it was detonation (idiots). I was never paid a dime labor on either engine failure, Guess what, The boat is back again. Jasper engines are garbage, warranty is garbage, company is garbage!!!

Updated on 09/12/2018: The third pile of garbage Jasper has provided has failed. They have paid my shop 0 labor since this nightmare began! This particular engine has dropped a valve/seat. Please folks stay away from this company and the garbage they are peddling. Their warranty is also pathetic!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Installed 3 rebuilt Jasper motors on my 2008 Subaru Outback through Jasper in the last year and a half. They said they would refund the money if they got the engine back. That would render the car useless. $4200.00 just for motor, reduced rate for labor, multiple failures, quality of product very disappointing. They said they would give us a $250.00 credit. Oh Wow then what? Take the bus with my tools... Can't even give it one star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I replaced all the injectors on my 6.0 Super Duty with Jasper injectors. Less than 6 months one goes out. I was told when I replaced them I received a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I take my truck to the shop and was told I had a bad injector. I showed them the warranty and he said ok. They started repairs on my truck. They had to jump through many hoops to get the part then I was told Jasper will only cover $75.00 of the labor. WHAT? Where can you get a injector replaced for $75.00? Nowhere! I called Jasper and got nowhere with them. This warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I'll never buy anything from them as long as I live. Jasper can kiss my **!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Back in 2012, I had a 5.7 liter Jasper Engine installed in my 96 Impala SS. At the time the car had 269,000 miles. It now has 303,000 miles. The Jasper engine didn't even make it to 35,000 miles. Today it apparently blew a head gasket. It dumped a huge puddle of oil and coolant in the hospital parking lot. Today, I had it flat-bedded home. Called the Jasper tech and told him what happened. I said, "you sold me an engine that couldn't make it to 35,000 miles." He pointed out that it was installed back in November of 2012. So I am just out of luck. I asked if Jasper would step up with an extended or hidden warranty. The answer was short and to the point - "nope". Needless to say, I don't recommend buying an engine from Jasper. 35,000 miles after only 5.5 years and the engine failed. Garbage!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Very disappointed with my purchase of a 5.9 Cummins. Had fuel issues from the start. They blamed everything on fuel issues. The problem was injector pump. Sloppy rebuild pump was sucking air thru. The front shop who install engine had no clue lead me along till warranty was up. Took it to another diesel specialist who said it was a common problem with Jasper rebuilds. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Being familiar with the Jasper, IN area and some people who work at the Jasper engine and transmission factory, it was a no-brainer that I'd turn to them when a problem appeared in my daughter's 2006 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2L engine. With the first replacement, the engine was subject to dying at inopportune times, even after they said it would stop! Engine number two, about five weeks after the second oil change, I discovered the engine was about two qts low on oil. Took it to a different Jasper provider in town and explained the situation to them and after the normal initial inspection, was told there was compression loss in three of the cylinders.

It's been about two and a half weeks since this shop has had the vehicle and still not finished. Was informed new plugs and fluids would be required, even after I explained that I had already paid for them TWICE. Was also informed that if the factory "determines that someone had tampered with the engine", I'd have to pay for the labor, again, for the second time! In the meantime, my daughter is without transportation, this time, like a said, for nearly two and a half weeks, so far. I can only hope this is not the actual Jasper engine and transmission factory in Jasper IN, and somehow the two different auto shops I dealt with were put in contact with an illegal Jasper E&T factory. Their 100.000 mile warranty is worthless if the vehicle is continually in the shop.

Original review: March 9, 2018

1997 Chevy Silverado - My transmission failed on me while I was out of town about 5 years ago. I knew I wanted to keep my truck so I bought a JASPER. I like how they research the common issues and fix them to make it better than the original. My transmission had a long list of updates! Once I found out they are 100% employee owned and their factory is in the US... I was sold!

I rely on my truck to make a living and most importantly I need it to tow my boat so I can go fishing on weekends. When I first got it back it wasn’t shifting right. The check engine light was on so I had it checked out. It turns out some wires got pinched between the transmission and the Engine during install. I got it fixed and it’s been flawless ever since!

I had close to 300,000 miles on the truck and the engine was getting pretty worn out. I was going to put a Jasper Engine in it... but I ended up selling the truck because my dad offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse on his 2003 Chevy Truck with a 6.0 L beast of an engine. I was sad to see my old reliable truck go because it served me well for so many years! If anything fails on my new truck... I know who I will be calling so I won’t ever have to worry about missing a single day of fishing! I understand why Jasper has the best reputation in the industry!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Engine (Cummins 5.9 diesel engine) bought Sep.2018. Installed in Las Vegas, NV. Cylinder head cracked, noticed in Yuma, AZ. Went back to LV, to replace. Found no. 1 piston installed backwards at Jasper the reason engine vibrated. Jasper paid for partial labor, & parts. Diesel Specialties replaced cyl head, & fixed piston, at no charge to me, except for 1,100.00 expenses for 2 trips Yuma to LV, motels, 4 nights car rental. Jasper made the mistake. They should make an adjustment for a refund for expenses. They said NO. Same with Diesel Specialties. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

When I take my truck to get oil change at my TRANSMISSION shop they discover a crack in my Jasper transfer case. Called Jasper, confirmed warranty is still good. Customer service confirms still under warranty, no problem. Following day, a different customer service rep calls and said I need $800 so that we can cover shipping and investigation. I burst out into laughter. I explained to the representative that from the back of the transfer case to the rear differential is perfect, from the front of the transfer case all the way to the front bumper of the truck is perfect but the transfer case in between has a crack in it. No investigation needed. Please stand behind your warranty.

Representative states to avoid the $800 fee, transfer case must be removed from the truck and shipped to them for investigation. This is not a reputable warranty. Do not buy a Jasper transfer case thinking you have a warranty to back it up. And especially don't send them $800 'cause you know you'll never see that money again. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Had a Jasper 5.9 Cummins diesel engine installed replacing OEM with 180,000 plus miles on it. 13 months later injector goes out. Call Jasper, they blamed me for using bad fuel. Also sorry warranty over for injectors at 12 months. Replaced injector and find out it was not properly torched to spec at 37 lbs. It was basically had tight (no quality control). 25 months rear freeze plug starts leaking. Call Jasper, "Sorry warranty up at 24 months". There is no end user customer service. They only protect their shops that use their product. Do not install a Jasper motor in your vehicle, they suck.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Like any company you don't know how good or bad they are until you have a problem. I am an ASE tech and an ACDelco master tech for 30 years now. I installed a 2005 Ford Escape engine from Jasper. On start up the lifter was making noise. I called Jasper immediately. I was told that the lifter noise was normal. What? I was told to drive for 100 miles it will go away. Then I had to explain to my customer that the new motor makes noise and it's normal? Plus pay me in full for a new motor with engine noise. That's a hard sell. But I did. Long time customer of mine so he understood. He drove it for 200 miles plus with still a lifter noise. He also called Jasper and they told him the same story. Lifter noise is normal for this engine. He was very patient but wanted the job fixed. Understandably. He paid a lot of money to fix his 2005 Escape.

My manager called Jasper. They said they would pay a discounted labor rate (normal) and fluids. They sent me another engine. But this time no noise on startup. No lifter noise at all. That's weird. I was told that this motor it was normal to have a lifter noise. I guess not. Two months later I am waiting to get paid from the warranty division. I spoke to a Jasper rep. and he said the motor had debris on # 3 and # 4 cylinder. No way, that was not my issue. If had debris it was after I took it apart the second time and shipped it. There was no mistaking a lifter noise for what Jasper was claiming happened. They were not paying and declined the claim. $1450.00. No way it was anything else. My customer is very mechanical. He heard the noise and knows a lifter sound or he would never of accepted delivery or the phony excuse they originally made. Don't buy Jasper.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Spent over $23,000 on new Jasper 6.0 diesel. Had it three weeks and left for Denver. The new engine blew and of course Jasper won't pay anything until they get the old block back! REALLY??? I'm stranded because of a new blown warrantied engine and now out motels and rental cars plus I have to pay labor out of my pocket and wait to get $70 per hour reimbursement. Of course nobody charges $70 per hour anymore so I'll be out money on a 3 week old engine. Even after spending $23,000 to begin with. Where is customer satisfaction these days??? Even tow bills for truck and 5th wheel. Come on!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

DO NOT "TRUST" that their, JASPER, "Installers" such as Lakewood Auto Inc are competent. Jasper lists business on their site and This "Jasper Installer" wrecked my vehicle, was driving my vehicle, had my vehicle for 17 months (though they were paid) took my car to a "d" BBB rated shop (found my car on the side of road) then refused to give car back! REALLY BAD HOSES on ENGINE, Cracked leaking hoses, parts invoiced "DO NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE" - CHANGED PARTS I had just replaced without permission - QUOTED two different prices (one higher than the other by 1200.00) then charged 1000.00 Higher than the "higher quote". Car towed and towed and towed after Jasper Engine installed.

Now I have fuel, transmission, radiator, oil, battery leaks - leaks everywhere! Have a "new Jasper oil pan" missing chunks, rusty painted cracked engine bolts,

(painted same color gray as engine and covers "FROM JASPER ENGINES"... Maybe). My old oil pan was not MISSING CHUNKS nor were my motor mounts busted. The valve cover had just been replaced. (It was a 2-year-old battery smashed, one now in my car is not mine per advance auto). I now have busted engine motor mounts, "fried wiring and relay". My brand new A/C 1800.00 system NO LONGER WORKS and does JASPER offer to make it right... JASPER will NOT even provide any INFORMATION at all! NOT even PART NUMBERS to find out if JASPER sent the "DO NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE PARTS".

Does Jasper Engines Care that they recommend such a mechanic that destroyed my car, including this "new Remanns engine" ABSOLUTELY NOT. So for parts not even for my car, won't fit, busted, cracked, painted, leaking parts, bad timing, misfiring, and over $6400.00 paid, and a "totaled car". Jasper will not even give me parts number list or say if they painted parts... Will not warranty. Though this is a "Jasper Installer" per their website that consumers are supposed to "trust"!!! Have all these engine problems. Have TO DEAL with their INSTALLER that did all the damage, so Jasper says. Have emailed Jasper 4 times, same results... ASK LAKEWOOD AUTO INC. (WHO DESTROYED MY CAR!)

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

4 months ago OEM went out so I put a Jasper in instead of a used only 1000 difference. So at 3 months and 3000 miles take it in and they find a oil leak. So I cant take it back to original installer cause the engine went while on the road, over 300 miles away. So take to a local dealer who does Jasper engines. Plus a month more driving cause my other car went down. So I get that fixed and take this one in. 2 weeks later I call about mine. Mech got sick. Why it is taking so long but that is not my complaint

They tell me Jasper is not covering full cost. This is what I put on Jasper wall on Facebook. I wish mine lasted that long. Mine been in 4 months 4000 miles and Jasper is not standing behind the oil leak oil pan and frt seal leaking. Instead of full coverage only covering a portion of repair bill. I could see if I had more miles and time but 4 and 4. Get real. At this point wont recommend putting a Jasper motor cause I have called. Phone tech of course is reading what to say off a computer screen. Ask for supervisor. Still waiting on call. What a company. Jasper more than likely will block it but that is a cover up so now here. Wanting to get word all. Not every engines is 100. That is just the nature of it but they should stand behind what they do and they are not just frustrated.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Bought a 6.4 Diesel engine from Jasper. Didn't even get 20000 miles out of it. The Jasper installer told me it had a 2 year warranty. 13 months after having it the crank goes out in it. Call on warranty. They said it was out a month ago. They do not stand by their warranty. They rob people of their money. Mine was 14320$. My advice is to never buy from them.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I purchased a Jasper engine at 157323, because my stock engine failed. The Jasper engine failed at 196232 miles and 41 months of service. Jasper pointed out that my warranty expired at 36 months and now the engine is "too old " to cover. I was also told that "41 months of service is an acceptable amount of life for a jasper re manufactured engine". I babied this motor, not allowing rpm's above 2500. Turns out something fell apart in the engine causing the #2 & #5 cylinders to have 25% compression. At this point it's cheaper to buy a new engine for me. Something caused the pistons to contact the valves.

I contacted Jasper engines knowing that they would not cover this. I asked them if they would buy the core back so they could take the engine apart and find out the problem to help them prevent this from happening in the future. I was told no. If I owned a rebuild company I would want a failed product back so I could have that issue studied. Nevertheless I am not a Jasper engine again. I'm thinking about ATK. Just remember when you purchase an engine, you have several companies to choose from. I do not recommend Jasper if you want an engine to last more than three years.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I purchased a completely rebuilt Chevy 6.0 liter engine installed by a local garage. The engine runs perfectly. It's the first motor I've ever owned that idles perfectly without the expected miss now and again. Freeway mileage with my 2011 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab is 20+ mpg.

Original review: May 17, 2017

The block on the original 5.7L engine on my '93 Suburban cracked at around 225,000 miles; water in the oil = ruined engine. I arranged for a Jasper Engine from my local mechanic. That engine also had a crack in the block that was "repaired" with steel epoxy. It failed after only a hundred miles or so. Jasper completely covered the engine, and sent another engine within a week. I now have about 60,000 miles on that engine and it's running very well, doesn't use oil, doesn't leak, has plenty of compression, and I would trust it to drive across the USA.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchase a turbo for my F-350. My claim were not paid because of the turbo. The metal on the turbo came apart and ruin my engine. The engine only had 100,000 low miles for a diesel. The metal shaving from the turbo caused the problem. Scarring parts inside the engine. Now I have to replace my engine. Even though the turbo ruin my engine. I called Jasper. It didn't do any good. Please don’t purchase any parts from them unless you want to purchase a new engine. Turbo are garbage. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THRU IT.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I bought a Jasper transmission through my local mechanic, who raved about them. It was significantly more expensive than my other options, but I was sold. The transmission failed, and since I was FIFTY MILES over the mandatory trans fluid replacement interval, they said no.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Jasper Engines & Transmissions are awful, awful engine rebuilders. DT466 Reman lasted 18 months before injector cup blew out, head needed to be pulled. 3 years in rear main started to leak. 4.5 years completely imploded. Asked for a discount on a new Reman. Would not give a nickel. Awful company, never again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

This is a rebuttal to Southern Cranes review and issues with a Jasper Engines unit. I am the shop that had to replace the Jasper unit you installed. The vehicle was towed to us from your customer with the engine running rough and smoking. Diagnosis found that there was a hole melted in one of the pistons. Tear down inspection of the engine found extreme heat evidenced by discolored exhaust piping and discolored turbo inlets from very high temps. Further diagnosis found that the truck had an aftermarket performance programmer installed on it at time of sale from you to your customer. Any search online of the Ford 6.4L diesel engine will show that engine is notorious for cracking or melting pistons when aggressive performance programmers are installed.

The cause of the damaged Jasper Engine was excessive heat due to the extra horsepower the performance tuner gave the engine combined with the heavy weight of the truck. The failure was caused by an aftermarket performance device, Jasper does not cover damage caused by aftermarket devices. As far as you stating Jasper will not call you back I will state bluntly you are lying sir. I have been in contact with Jasper many times on behalf of your customer and they have contacted and documented many calls to you.

As far as you saying they will not do anything for the customer again that is untrue. Jasper extended them a 60% discount on a replacement motor even after the original unit was damaged by the aftermarket programmer. Since the issue occurred we have installed a new engine at a discounted price, reprogrammed the engine's computer to bring it back to factory oem horsepower and have been in contact with your customer and have had no issues since. Had you removed the performance programmer in the first place no issues would have occurred.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I own a 2006 Mazda MPV Mini Van which I purchased new. The trouble started when the MPV hit 110,000 miles, the engine died! I was sitting still in a construction zone and the MPV just quit, would not start back up. So off it goes to the Mazda dealer (Knoxville, TN). This dealership sucks, but it is the closest to where I live :( I have learned to dislike them as much as the junky jasper engine, that they put in my MPV at a cost of $6100.00! First the Mazda dealer told me they were putting in a "New" engine. Well its not new, it's refurbished!!! I had the choice of a "refurbished" for $3800, but I said no, that I would go with the "new" one, at $6100 hoping it would last a few years?

Well fast forward 2.4 years and 42,000 miles, yep, you got it, a valve cover gasket oil leak (so back to the Mazda dealer that put this "New" refurbished engine in), which I felt sure that Jasper would be covering seeing as I have a 3 year warranty. So Mazda calls Jasper, wallah, yep you guessed it. Jasper will not cover it. So service writer tells me a story about "certain" things are not covered and that Mazda only warranties it for a year, no surprise here.

Mazda service writer wants to charge me $450 with tax for his workers that put the engine in it to go in and mess up something else. I tell him no way am I having it done there (oh yeah, I didn't mention that 2 days after the "New" refurbished engine was put in my van broke down, back to Mazda on a rollback, and this Mazda dealership wanted me to pay the tow bill! They could not even put the engine in correctly! Heck no, I was not paying for something they screwed up! I'm an old lady for gosh sakes and they acted like I did something to a two day old "New" refurbished engine to make it conk out).

OK back to the oil leaking from the valve cover gasket, Mazda service writer that I spoke of earlier, (when I told him that no, I was not getting the leaky valve cover gasket done there for $450) very rudely tells his mechanic, "put it back together!" (Not professional) I will get it done right :) Moral of the story... Do not go to the Mazda Dealer that I mentioned. And under no circumstances do not have a jasper engine put in your vehicle!!! Run like the wind. Do not look back! Their warranty is not a warranty at all!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I purchased a 1976 Ford Bronco in July with under 3000 miles on a Jasper motor. Within 400 miles, the motor failed. I was advised to take 'Pearl' to a Jasper dealer which I did. Over a period of months, the motor was sent back to Indiana to be rebuilt, parts failed during testing there, delivery delays. Jasper refused to pay labor costs indicating that I was somehow to blame. It's my new company truck, I need it on the road, so I paid labor, $1800 and change. All the while thinking I'd have a NEW Jasper motor with another warranty. That's what Jasper is in the business of doing, right? WRONG.

So I pick up Pearl on a Friday smiling ear to ear!! She's back home, YAY! Two days later on Monday I drive about 1 1/2 hours away to pick up equipment at Woodcraft. As I start back, the motor fails yet again, UNDER 200 MILES. Towing was $307.56 to get her home and back to the shop. After another month of waiting, Jasper responds that I have no warranty at all now and accept no responsibility for their workmanship. But they are in a generous mood so, they offer to rebuild the exact same motor for the THIRD time in its short life but offer no guarantees that I won't end up stranded on the interstate and take a ride in a tow truck again. Wait. What? And I have to pay another $1800 or so on the same labor on the same motor? This MOTOR HAS NOT EVEN CLOCKED 3200 MILES in two rebuilds, second time not even driven for 2 hours? Jasper makes the Made in USA proud once again.

I'm so outraged that from July to November I've driven my truck a total of 5 times with zero confidence now that Jasper can actually keep a vehicle on the road. I'll not stop filing complaints with Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce in Jasper, Indiana, the FTC and any other watchdog consumer outlet I can find. It's all documented and I will file suit. As with any legal battle, I may lose, who cares at this point? If I'm forced to buy a new motor, not a penny of my money will again go to a Jasper product. They have no pride or confidence in their products either as it turns out. And they are indifferent to the fact that actual people drive and need the vehicles they build motors for and dislike being disabled on the interstate.

I'm having Pearl towed home this week. It's the holidays and Jasper lost interest in us long ago. I'm sure we wouldn't get any attention until after the first of the year anyway. She's become a part of the family at the local Jasper shop and they don't mind her hanging out there, but I'll cover her in the garage and wait it out.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Jasper Engine: I purchased a Jasper Engine for one of my customers and the engine was installed and ran for 6 months -- the engine locked up and Jasper says they have a 1 year parts and labor warranty -- they covered neither my customer is faced with installing another engine at his cost. They did nothing -- so now either he will have to take Jasper to court -- the problem is the time and money it takes to do that in the meantime his work vehicle is down and it is a $80,000 dollar vehicle -- that would cause hardship on him. Jasper Engines will not cover anything and it is the engine itself that broke or has a hole in it.

I am sure somewhere there is some loophole they will try and not pay for it. TRUST ME. NEVER BUY A JASPER ENGINE. YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY. I THINK I WILL GO INTO THE ENGINE BUSINESS. A lot of big businesses are formed because of someone like jasper screwing a business owner like myself or my customer.

THEY WILL NOT CALL ME BACK. They were all about me buying from them. They called really fast but when it comes to a problem they want call. I have been calling darren ** from orlando district manager and they will not call back. Trevor with the warranty side - they blame it on something that you didn't purchase from them that they say caused it. If there engine had been in good shape there would not have been a problem. SOUTHERN CRANE TRUCKS 704-288-8494

and this is my personal experience with them. I have called Jasper Engine and they will not call back.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I have been doing business with Jasper Engines and Transmissions for over 20 years. Jasper supplies the highest quality products. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Original review: July 26, 2016

Excellent company to work with. Always very friendly and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend their products and services.

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Company Information