Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper Engines and Transmissions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We are a small shop that has purchased a motor from Jasper Engines and it was junk and had used oil in it. Then to top it off, the salesman in the area started saying negative things about our shop that were absolutely not true. Jasper Engines sell complete junk and their salesmen are terrible to slander another business. Would never recommend them and only to stay away from a company like this.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Jasper does not honor their warranty. I had to have my turbocharger replaced on my diesel truck about a year ago. My regular mechanic was doing a routine check and found the turbine blades were breaking apart. The mechanic is someone that I have trusted for 10 years so called Jasper concerning the warranty. Basically, without even requesting for the turbocharger to be sent to them for future investigation, is blaming the damage on everything except the turbo. According to my mechanic there is no other reason for the turbo charger damage is that Jasper did a very poor rebuild and sold a faulty part. I don't drive this vehicle much so there is maybe 600 miles on this "new" faulty turbocharger.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Replaced the engine the engine in January 2017. December 2020 and a cylinder blew. I'm retired and no longer drive that much. The new engine had less than 12 thousand miles on it. I realize that, technically, the warranty, 100,000 miles or 36 months, had expired, but come on. The oil was changed every 1000 miles. If Jasper engines are so wonderful, why did this happen? I am not impressed. I will not recommend Jasper Engines in future.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I had the engine replaced on my 2010 Ford Ranger with a Jasper Engine - before warranty ran out the engine failed by having poor parts built in the engine. In March 2020 a replacement engine was put in - I had to pay all the labor to get the old engine out and a new engine put in. The truck was not driven due to the Covid Pandemic and I didn't leave the house. Since then I have put on just over 4,000 miles and the engine died 4 days ago and I was stranded. I had the car towed to Hals Auto Repair where the engine was put in.

Now Jasper is saying I have to pay $2,000 for a new engine and have to pay the labor again to take out the bad engine and to have the new engine put in. With having now 2 bad engines and thousands of dollars spent already on their BAD products!!! Their supply chain parts are simply horrible and CANNOT be trusted. They won't stand behind their products and scam you to get more money. Their parts come from China and are bad!!!! They do not take care of customer problems. I have driven just over 4,000 miles on this new engine and it should not fail.

Jasmin Engines and Transmissions want $2,000 dollars for them to ship a new engine. They will not replace my engine unless I pay them $2,000 for a new engine then I have to pay labor again to install it. This is criminal what they are doing to hardworking people. I am a widow and need my car to go to work and now I am stuck. Jasper holds no accountable for the bad engines they put into cars. The Car Repair place without a doubt told me the engine was bad that they received that this should NOT have happened.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

In 6/6/2019, I bought a remanufactured motor from Jasper Engines and Transmission to replace the one that had failed. I got the extra insurance on rental car and mechanic labor cost. First motor ran a bit rough and within 20,000 miles was using almost 2 quarts per 5000 mile oil change. Upon testing, I had multiple cylinders that failed cylinder pressure test. Jasper agreed to replace motor. I got a new motor and check engine light started coming on. I assumed it was due to all oil that got into the catalyst since it was a Catalyst error.

After a few weeks light went out, it did not return for 5 more months. During this time, I noticed that this motor was using oil at around 2 quarts per oil change, but this motor had been smooth. Again, Jasper upon proof of issue decided to replace the motor. The new motor has already kicked on check engine light. I installed a new catalyst with the new motor, but this time it is knock sensor code. It came on and off twice and this second motor idles rough. I am on the 3rd motor in about 42,000 miles. This is exhausting and ridiculous. I don't believe that Jasper can produce a quality motor product that will go in excess of 100,000 miles. My last used motor lasted roughly 220,000 miles and was 1/2 costs with no oil usage. Where is the value and how can a consumer believe in their product.

Original review: June 10, 2020

The transmission in my 2002 Toyota Tundra was replaced by my mechanic in California with a Jasper transmission. It started to leak fluid after only 750 miles when I drove to Utah. I contacted Tom at Jasper who recommend a “Preferred Installer” in Bountiful, Utah. After the transmission was replaced with a new transmission from Jasper I was charged an additional $200. The difference between what the installers charge and what Jasper will pay. When I contacted Tom about how I how to get reimbursed he informed me that that’s all the warranty covers. So to be clear, I paid Jasper $1,600 for a new transmission that failed in less than 1,000 miles and I’m on the hook for getting it replaced!

Original review: May 26, 2020

My car was stolen and the engine was blown. I had a new Jasper Engine put in NOV 22nd 2019(2012 Cadillac CTS coupe). I have barley driven this car due to the fact that I take a shuttle to work and have been quarantined for 3 months now. I've put 2000 miles on it since I got it back, and as I was leaving a funeral I started having bad car troubles. I made it down the street to my local Firestone who just informed me that another new engine will need to be put in (5/26- broke down 5/23). It took a month to have the new engine delivered and put in the first time, and I cannot keep going through this hardship without a reliable vehicle. Especially when I paid 11k to have the new engine put in it once already!!! I dont trust that the second engine will last either and even though I love this car I feel I will have to sell it as I cannot trust this company at all!

Resolution response: May 30, 2020

No company resolution as it was not needed, original install shop uncovered a very coincidental problem in close proximity to the engine that simply mimicked engine failure noise, but wasn't.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Purchased one of Jasper's engines to replace my Jeep's 3.8 that had spun a rod bearing and within 900 miles, this engine sounded horrible. It was making so much racket there is no way an engine correctly built should be that noisy. Currently deciding whether or not to even bother dealing with this or just selling the Jeep as is. Jasper used to be a good company, but they aren't anymore. Look elsewhere for a rebuilt motor.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Attempted to buy a truck engine and they would not accept a credit card for payment. They wanted a wire transfer from my bank or cash approx three thousand! Or they want you to go thru one of their installers. They lost this sale and from what I have found out they are problematic about their warranties.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

In May of 2019, I had a Jasper engine replaced in my 2011 Jeep Wrangler -Stock #248010 Production #485629 @ mileage of 140630, which was installed by a Jasper Distributor in Wichita, KS. That replacement motor lasted approximately 10000 miles and 6 months when it failed. After having it towed over 200 miles (no reimbursement under the warranty) and three weeks for Jasper and the Wichita distributor to decide to replace the motor. The second replacement motor has now failed!! Which lasted 12 days and less than 1000 miles. Ticket #**.

Again I have a tow bill, rental car, and hotel bill because the Jeep broke down in Carlsbad NM. 10 hour drive from my home in Wichita, Ks. The Jasper dealer where the Jeep is now said Jasper Engine will replace the second engine but I will be on the hook for the labor difference between $150 an hour he charges a $75 an hour Jasper reimburses. I called Jasper and spoke Leo and he said he could not help me and left at that. He said the warranty was what it was. Jasper Engine is a very unresponsive company. Very Very Unsatisfied with trying to work with them!!! Look for a different replacement engine manufacture before you buy from them!!

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Company Information