Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Jasper Engines and Transmissions
1.72/5

Jasper Engines and Transmissions

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

60 Jasper Engines and Transmissions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased a Jasper Engine for my Jeep Wagoneer rebuild. The Customer Service was poor at best. The telephone sales rep told me one thing but when the Engine arrived, wasn't true. I called back and talked to the Supervisor and he disagreed with me after saying he had reviewed the Sales Call and no such things were said (right!!! I know what I heard on the call). Now I'm waiting for my Core Charge refund and getting the same silent treatment. Net, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I can only wait to find out how the engine actually runs (after all, it supposedly has been "tested" before leaving the factory)!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Have a 2012 Camaro SS with v8. Replaced the engine with a Jasper unit. From day 1 the oil pressure was much lower than the original engine, returned the car to the installer where they contacted Jasper. They recommended replacing the engine with another unit. So far much better oil pressure. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchased a Ford 5.4 litre Jasper engine for my truck, 5400.00 with install kit + labor to install. The engine was very noisy just after startup and would quiet down after about ten minutes of warm up. This problem began at day one! Very surprised because one of the selling points from Jasper was that they run/test their engines prior to shipping and this noise would have been very obvious. Jasper concluded that it was in the valve train. Had the engine removed and replaced with another and this one made the same noise, since day one again. Really don’t want to replace again, because of all the wear and tear on components, wiring harnesses, loss of work truck, etc...

Original review: March 20, 2019

I once installed a Jasper performance transmission in a Ford F450 for a customer and was just about ready to have the customer pick up the truck when Jasper called. They had sent me a non performance transmission and offered to send me the right trans or refund me the difference. I opted to install the right transmission. They paid parts & labor without sweat and had another trans at my door the next day. Another time when I was diagnosing a transmission issue I noticed the trans fluid (this was a Jasper unit) smelled slightly burnt. I contacted Jasper and they had one on the way parts and labor covered. By saying the best rebuilders I don't mean that they are without fault. Unfortunately I believe any factory rebuilt part quality is hit or miss. I've had good luck installing Jasper products for customers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Oct 2018 I purchased a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited. On Dec 25 2018 the engine started running terrible. I had it towed to the mechanic's shop where, a few days later, I learned the engine was blown. My heart sank. I didn't have the money to purchase a new motor. During my conversation with the mechanic’s secretary she was informed, by the mechanic, that the engine was previously rebuilt by Jasper Motors. She told me to stay by the phone that she would call me back. An hour later she called. Jasper Motors was willing to ship a new motor out to be replaced. I would be responsible for the labor but Jasper's would reimburse me if it was found to be their fault. Today January 28 I received a check for the full amount. Thank You Jasper Motors. You will have my family's business if we ever need another motor! An honest company doing honest work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a brand new engine and after 3 years and only roughly 18,000 miles on this motor went bad. Even with all my proper oil changes and any normal care I would never again buy anything from Jasper. I purchased this mainly because of warranty options, now I wish I would have seen other people’s reviews before purchasing this for my vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Bought rebuilt engine, $5,000, for 2003 PT Cruiser. Jasper shipped one that couldn’t be installed properly. After a week of trying and contacting Jasper for input, it was decided to ship a 2nd engine. This one seems to be working fine! Problem is: Jasper claims a limit of $832 for labor costs based upon 11.6 hours of labor at $70/hr. My mechanic charged $1900 which included a lot more labor hours necessary to try and get the original engine to work properly. I paid my mechanic the $1900 in good faith that Jasper would return the difference in labor cost because THEY SENT THE WRONG ENGINE. After reading other complaints about Jasper I guess I have to go to court or get a Consumer’s Affairs Investigator involved!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a 2006 Ford F250 from a dealership with the brand new Jasper motor in the truck. Told me I had a hundred thousand mile warranty and 3 years. I've had the truck for 2 years and it has 50,000 miles on the motor. Well the motor has malfunctioned so I called Jasper and the gentleman I talked to was quite rude to me and told me that they would not honor the warranty. I'm paying for a truck that I cannot drive because their motor malfunction and they're refusing to do anything about it. I'm a disabled person that lives month to month and has no way to get to Dr and other appointments now because of my truck being broke down and the motor not being warrantied. Pretty sad a well-known company like that will not do anything about their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

In April of 2013 I a Jasper complete 5.7L engine was installed in my 1999 Suburban. In January of 2016 after 30,000 it developed a rattle. After many discussions with Jasper they replaced the engine with a new one. In October of 2018 the engine has seized, after only 3600 miles, and Jasper will do nothing about it. They are claiming the warranty on the replacement engine reverts back to the original engine so it is no longer under warranty. Hard to believe that they would only warranty the replacement for 3 months when the engine comes with a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I wouldn't recommend Jasper to my worst enemy!! When I called all I got was, "it wouldn't matter if we replaced it with 1 day left on the original motor, the new would only have a 1 day warranty. Only putting on 3600 miles over 2 years could also be the problem. If you don't run them regularly they can develop problems."

What a joke!! I've got vehicles that I run less than that and have absolutely no issues with. Start them regularly and I've never had an issue. Including on my 1963 C10 with the original straight 6 in it and my 1965 Impala with the original 327 in it. Buyer beware, go elsewhere, buy a crate engine from GM or Summit or a local shop, stay far away from Jasper and any of their products!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I’ve had 3 4.3 Chevy engines put in my boat this year. Everyone was a piece of crap and they won’t stand behind their warranty. I think the government needs to step in and solve this problem. I have an attorney and will be suing them for the motor labor time lost and inconvenience. This company needs to be closed!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My dealership purchased a remanufactured turbocharger for a 6.7 Dodge diesel, these guys put so much hype in their ad about how well made these turbos are but just after 44,000 miles the whole component has failed. No resolution from them or dealership. If you are looking for a turbocharger look elsewhere. Do Not Purchase one from these guys, read the reviews, I didn't have a say in the repair as it was warranted by the dealership. I am now having to replace my turbocharger and surely I will check out other companies. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

1999 Chrysler 300M. Bought a new Jasper engine. Got it installed. It started throwing oil and leaking within 1 month. Had it removed and ANOTHER Jasper engine installed. I HAD TO PAY ALL OF THE LABOR FOR REMOVAL AND INSTALL OF 2nd ENGINE! So... the 2nd engine just threw a rod last week. I changed the oil every 3500 miles and had it done by the INSTALLER of the engine so they could keep an eye out for any issues. Guess how many miles the 2nd one had on it when it blew up last week? 75,000. Do not waste your $$$ on a Jasper engine. VERY disappointed... to say the least. I was hoping for AT LEAST 125,000 miles and it should have lasted that with regular oil changes.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This is by far the bottom of the barrel as far as engine rebuilders go! I own a Marine Service business and recently installed a Jasper 4.3 Litre Chevy Marine engine. It failed within a month! They did replace the engine after much headache. The second engine failed right at about a month after install as well. This time I told the Jasper rep that some cylinders were showing water intrusion so I was pulling the cylinder head! (They did not like this). After the head was pulled there was a 3 inch crack in the cylinder wall. Bottom line:: They said it was detonation (idiots). I was never paid a dime labor on either engine failure, Guess what, The boat is back again. Jasper engines are garbage, warranty is garbage, company is garbage!!!

Updated on 09/12/2018: The third pile of garbage Jasper has provided has failed. They have paid my shop 0 labor since this nightmare began! This particular engine has dropped a valve/seat. Please folks stay away from this company and the garbage they are peddling. Their warranty is also pathetic!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Installed 3 rebuilt Jasper motors on my 2008 Subaru Outback through Jasper in the last year and a half. They said they would refund the money if they got the engine back. That would render the car useless. $4200.00 just for motor, reduced rate for labor, multiple failures, quality of product very disappointing. They said they would give us a $250.00 credit. Oh Wow then what? Take the bus with my tools... Can't even give it one star.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I replaced all the injectors on my 6.0 Super Duty with Jasper injectors. Less than 6 months one goes out. I was told when I replaced them I received a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I take my truck to the shop and was told I had a bad injector. I showed them the warranty and he said ok. They started repairs on my truck. They had to jump through many hoops to get the part then I was told Jasper will only cover $75.00 of the labor. WHAT? Where can you get a injector replaced for $75.00? Nowhere! I called Jasper and got nowhere with them. This warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I'll never buy anything from them as long as I live. Jasper can kiss my **!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Back in 2012, I had a 5.7 liter Jasper Engine installed in my 96 Impala SS. At the time the car had 269,000 miles. It now has 303,000 miles. The Jasper engine didn't even make it to 35,000 miles. Today it apparently blew a head gasket. It dumped a huge puddle of oil and coolant in the hospital parking lot. Today, I had it flat-bedded home. Called the Jasper tech and told him what happened. I said, "you sold me an engine that couldn't make it to 35,000 miles." He pointed out that it was installed back in November of 2012. So I am just out of luck. I asked if Jasper would step up with an extended or hidden warranty. The answer was short and to the point - "nope". Needless to say, I don't recommend buying an engine from Jasper. 35,000 miles after only 5.5 years and the engine failed. Garbage!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Very disappointed with my purchase of a 5.9 Cummins. Had fuel issues from the start. They blamed everything on fuel issues. The problem was injector pump. Sloppy rebuild pump was sucking air thru. The front shop who install engine had no clue lead me along till warranty was up. Took it to another diesel specialist who said it was a common problem with Jasper rebuilds. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Being familiar with the Jasper, IN area and some people who work at the Jasper engine and transmission factory, it was a no-brainer that I'd turn to them when a problem appeared in my daughter's 2006 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2L engine. With the first replacement, the engine was subject to dying at inopportune times, even after they said it would stop! Engine number two, about five weeks after the second oil change, I discovered the engine was about two qts low on oil. Took it to a different Jasper provider in town and explained the situation to them and after the normal initial inspection, was told there was compression loss in three of the cylinders.

It's been about two and a half weeks since this shop has had the vehicle and still not finished. Was informed new plugs and fluids would be required, even after I explained that I had already paid for them TWICE. Was also informed that if the factory "determines that someone had tampered with the engine", I'd have to pay for the labor, again, for the second time! In the meantime, my daughter is without transportation, this time, like a said, for nearly two and a half weeks, so far. I can only hope this is not the actual Jasper engine and transmission factory in Jasper IN, and somehow the two different auto shops I dealt with were put in contact with an illegal Jasper E&T factory. Their 100.000 mile warranty is worthless if the vehicle is continually in the shop.

Original review: March 9, 2018

1997 Chevy Silverado - My transmission failed on me while I was out of town about 5 years ago. I knew I wanted to keep my truck so I bought a JASPER. I like how they research the common issues and fix them to make it better than the original. My transmission had a long list of updates! Once I found out they are 100% employee owned and their factory is in the US... I was sold!

I rely on my truck to make a living and most importantly I need it to tow my boat so I can go fishing on weekends. When I first got it back it wasn’t shifting right. The check engine light was on so I had it checked out. It turns out some wires got pinched between the transmission and the Engine during install. I got it fixed and it’s been flawless ever since!

I had close to 300,000 miles on the truck and the engine was getting pretty worn out. I was going to put a Jasper Engine in it... but I ended up selling the truck because my dad offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse on his 2003 Chevy Truck with a 6.0 L beast of an engine. I was sad to see my old reliable truck go because it served me well for so many years! If anything fails on my new truck... I know who I will be calling so I won’t ever have to worry about missing a single day of fishing! I understand why Jasper has the best reputation in the industry!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Engine (Cummins 5.9 diesel engine) bought Sep.2018. Installed in Las Vegas, NV. Cylinder head cracked, noticed in Yuma, AZ. Went back to LV, to replace. Found no. 1 piston installed backwards at Jasper the reason engine vibrated. Jasper paid for partial labor, & parts. Diesel Specialties replaced cyl head, & fixed piston, at no charge to me, except for 1,100.00 expenses for 2 trips Yuma to LV, motels, 4 nights car rental. Jasper made the mistake. They should make an adjustment for a refund for expenses. They said NO. Same with Diesel Specialties. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

When I take my truck to get oil change at my TRANSMISSION shop they discover a crack in my Jasper transfer case. Called Jasper, confirmed warranty is still good. Customer service confirms still under warranty, no problem. Following day, a different customer service rep calls and said I need $800 so that we can cover shipping and investigation. I burst out into laughter. I explained to the representative that from the back of the transfer case to the rear differential is perfect, from the front of the transfer case all the way to the front bumper of the truck is perfect but the transfer case in between has a crack in it. No investigation needed. Please stand behind your warranty.

Representative states to avoid the $800 fee, transfer case must be removed from the truck and shipped to them for investigation. This is not a reputable warranty. Do not buy a Jasper transfer case thinking you have a warranty to back it up. And especially don't send them $800 'cause you know you'll never see that money again. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Had a Jasper 5.9 Cummins diesel engine installed replacing OEM with 180,000 plus miles on it. 13 months later injector goes out. Call Jasper, they blamed me for using bad fuel. Also sorry warranty over for injectors at 12 months. Replaced injector and find out it was not properly torched to spec at 37 lbs. It was basically had tight (no quality control). 25 months rear freeze plug starts leaking. Call Jasper, "Sorry warranty up at 24 months". There is no end user customer service. They only protect their shops that use their product. Do not install a Jasper motor in your vehicle, they suck.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Like any company you don't know how good or bad they are until you have a problem. I am an ASE tech and an ACDelco master tech for 30 years now. I installed a 2005 Ford Escape engine from Jasper. On start up the lifter was making noise. I called Jasper immediately. I was told that the lifter noise was normal. What? I was told to drive for 100 miles it will go away. Then I had to explain to my customer that the new motor makes noise and it's normal? Plus pay me in full for a new motor with engine noise. That's a hard sell. But I did. Long time customer of mine so he understood. He drove it for 200 miles plus with still a lifter noise. He also called Jasper and they told him the same story. Lifter noise is normal for this engine. He was very patient but wanted the job fixed. Understandably. He paid a lot of money to fix his 2005 Escape.

My manager called Jasper. They said they would pay a discounted labor rate (normal) and fluids. They sent me another engine. But this time no noise on startup. No lifter noise at all. That's weird. I was told that this motor it was normal to have a lifter noise. I guess not. Two months later I am waiting to get paid from the warranty division. I spoke to a Jasper rep. and he said the motor had debris on # 3 and # 4 cylinder. No way, that was not my issue. If had debris it was after I took it apart the second time and shipped it. There was no mistaking a lifter noise for what Jasper was claiming happened. They were not paying and declined the claim. $1450.00. No way it was anything else. My customer is very mechanical. He heard the noise and knows a lifter sound or he would never of accepted delivery or the phony excuse they originally made. Don't buy Jasper.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Spent over $23,000 on new Jasper 6.0 diesel. Had it three weeks and left for Denver. The new engine blew and of course Jasper won't pay anything until they get the old block back! REALLY??? I'm stranded because of a new blown warrantied engine and now out motels and rental cars plus I have to pay labor out of my pocket and wait to get $70 per hour reimbursement. Of course nobody charges $70 per hour anymore so I'll be out money on a 3 week old engine. Even after spending $23,000 to begin with. Where is customer satisfaction these days??? Even tow bills for truck and 5th wheel. Come on!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

DO NOT "TRUST" that their, JASPER, "Installers" such as Lakewood Auto Inc are competent. Jasper lists business on their site and This "Jasper Installer" wrecked my vehicle, was driving my vehicle, had my vehicle for 17 months (though they were paid) took my car to a "d" BBB rated shop (found my car on the side of road) then refused to give car back! REALLY BAD HOSES on ENGINE, Cracked leaking hoses, parts invoiced "DO NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE" - CHANGED PARTS I had just replaced without permission - QUOTED two different prices (one higher than the other by 1200.00) then charged 1000.00 Higher than the "higher quote". Car towed and towed and towed after Jasper Engine installed.

Now I have fuel, transmission, radiator, oil, battery leaks - leaks everywhere! Have a "new Jasper oil pan" missing chunks, rusty painted cracked engine bolts,

(painted same color gray as engine and covers "FROM JASPER ENGINES"... Maybe). My old oil pan was not MISSING CHUNKS nor were my motor mounts busted. The valve cover had just been replaced. (It was a 2-year-old battery smashed, one now in my car is not mine per advance auto). I now have busted engine motor mounts, "fried wiring and relay". My brand new A/C 1800.00 system NO LONGER WORKS and does JASPER offer to make it right... JASPER will NOT even provide any INFORMATION at all! NOT even PART NUMBERS to find out if JASPER sent the "DO NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE PARTS".

Does Jasper Engines Care that they recommend such a mechanic that destroyed my car, including this "new Remanns engine" ABSOLUTELY NOT. So for parts not even for my car, won't fit, busted, cracked, painted, leaking parts, bad timing, misfiring, and over $6400.00 paid, and a "totaled car". Jasper will not even give me parts number list or say if they painted parts... Will not warranty. Though this is a "Jasper Installer" per their website that consumers are supposed to "trust"!!! Have all these engine problems. Have TO DEAL with their INSTALLER that did all the damage, so Jasper says. Have emailed Jasper 4 times, same results... ASK LAKEWOOD AUTO INC. (WHO DESTROYED MY CAR!)

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

4 months ago OEM went out so I put a Jasper in instead of a used only 1000 difference. So at 3 months and 3000 miles take it in and they find a oil leak. So I cant take it back to original installer cause the engine went while on the road, over 300 miles away. So take to a local dealer who does Jasper engines. Plus a month more driving cause my other car went down. So I get that fixed and take this one in. 2 weeks later I call about mine. Mech got sick. Why it is taking so long but that is not my complaint

They tell me Jasper is not covering full cost. This is what I put on Jasper wall on Facebook. I wish mine lasted that long. Mine been in 4 months 4000 miles and Jasper is not standing behind the oil leak oil pan and frt seal leaking. Instead of full coverage only covering a portion of repair bill. I could see if I had more miles and time but 4 and 4. Get real. At this point wont recommend putting a Jasper motor cause I have called. Phone tech of course is reading what to say off a computer screen. Ask for supervisor. Still waiting on call. What a company. Jasper more than likely will block it but that is a cover up so now here. Wanting to get word all. Not every engines is 100. That is just the nature of it but they should stand behind what they do and they are not just frustrated.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Bought a 6.4 Diesel engine from Jasper. Didn't even get 20000 miles out of it. The Jasper installer told me it had a 2 year warranty. 13 months after having it the crank goes out in it. Call on warranty. They said it was out a month ago. They do not stand by their warranty. They rob people of their money. Mine was 14320$. My advice is to never buy from them.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I purchased a Jasper engine at 157323, because my stock engine failed. The Jasper engine failed at 196232 miles and 41 months of service. Jasper pointed out that my warranty expired at 36 months and now the engine is "too old " to cover. I was also told that "41 months of service is an acceptable amount of life for a jasper re manufactured engine". I babied this motor, not allowing rpm's above 2500. Turns out something fell apart in the engine causing the #2 & #5 cylinders to have 25% compression. At this point it's cheaper to buy a new engine for me. Something caused the pistons to contact the valves.

I contacted Jasper engines knowing that they would not cover this. I asked them if they would buy the core back so they could take the engine apart and find out the problem to help them prevent this from happening in the future. I was told no. If I owned a rebuild company I would want a failed product back so I could have that issue studied. Nevertheless I am not a Jasper engine again. I'm thinking about ATK. Just remember when you purchase an engine, you have several companies to choose from. I do not recommend Jasper if you want an engine to last more than three years.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I purchased a completely rebuilt Chevy 6.0 liter engine installed by a local garage. The engine runs perfectly. It's the first motor I've ever owned that idles perfectly without the expected miss now and again. Freeway mileage with my 2011 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab is 20+ mpg.

Original review: May 17, 2017

The block on the original 5.7L engine on my '93 Suburban cracked at around 225,000 miles; water in the oil = ruined engine. I arranged for a Jasper Engine from my local mechanic. That engine also had a crack in the block that was "repaired" with steel epoxy. It failed after only a hundred miles or so. Jasper completely covered the engine, and sent another engine within a week. I now have about 60,000 miles on that engine and it's running very well, doesn't use oil, doesn't leak, has plenty of compression, and I would trust it to drive across the USA.

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Company Information