Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper Engines and Transmissions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I seriously never complain or do negative reviews but this needs to be known. We put a new Jasper engine in our truck in Feb of 2016. It is now Nov of 2019. The engine has 80,000 miles on it. We learned something was wrong with the engine. We took the truck in for some routine maintenance and to have a couple of things fixed. We really trust the place we take our trucks to be worked on. They found about $2,600.00 worth of repairs needed because of the engine alone. We didn't know at the time, but the owner of the repair shop called Jasper to let them know about this faulty engine. Jasper would not budge and stood by their warranty, which was expired in Feb 2019, even though these engines are supposed to go 300,000 miles and this engine only went 80,000.

I called and was passed to a supervisor. I told them that it seems strange that this engine only went 80,000 miles and could they compensate anything at all? He said no, the engine is almost 4 years old and past the warranty. I told him as a business owner, I wouldn't want my name on such a faulty product. He said there are no guarantees as how far the engine would go. I would have been happy with $500, or a gift card, anything. They offered no apologies, just a "this is how it is" attitude.

In conclusion, please don't use Jasper engines or transmissions. It seemed like he wanted me to beg for compensation, when in reality he was doing a horrible job at his customer service. I told him I was going to be sure everyone I told everyone to never use Jasper because their engines suck. (Not my finest moment.) He said, "Tahnee, you are giving me no reason to give you anything." I said, "You already said you are not going to do anything for me." He said, "I see no reason to be on the phone with you then." Their customer service is way below par and they think of their customers as a number, nothing else.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

This 1990 Ford Bronco two had a Jasper Reman engine installed on 8/2016. This engine never ran correctly. It must have been running poorly when Jasper ran tested it too. I removed the cylinder heads and found the valve seats on two cylinders were missing so I guess they do not check installed valve height because those valves were 3/8 of an inch higher than the other valves. I contacted Jasper and they said, "Sorry it's out of warranty." I sent them pictures to prove that the parts were never installed and they won't budge on the warranty because it would set a precedent. I told them THE precedent you should set is taking care of your customers. Needless to say this shop will never install another Jasper product. Previously we installed 2 Jasper transmissions and both were fixed or replaced under warranty. 3 strikes and you're out.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Transmission put in July, 2019 and within a month, the transmission was leaking. Fixed transmission supposedly and leaking again in Oct. Had to stop and get someone to look at and they found multiple leaks and put fluid in so I could get it to shop. Jasper will not pay for that stop because no one called. Really???? The transmission hasn't been in the car 3 months. Bad customer service and evidently their product is terrible and I would never suggest this company for anything to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Recently we purchased a marine engine from jasper. After the engine was completely installed in the boat we attempted to start the engine before launching the boat to make sure all was good. This is on a 30+ foot boat so it needs to be launched by a Travel lift. At the test start the starter would not engage. After a few hours of troubleshooting it was determined one of the holes to mount the starter had been repaired and the starter would not align properly to the flywheel. We had to remove the engine and start over. The engine swap on this boat is a 40 plus hour install. Jasper would only offer 20 hours reimbursement at a reduced rate. Their rep said we should have purchased the additional warranty.

I would understand this if the boat was in the water and hours on the engine. This boat never launched. Engine was bad off the pallet. Zero run time. Another boat, another bad engine. This one had timing issues. Spent several days troubleshooting. Again in the end it was determined the engine was bad. Another complete swap with little help from Jasper to cover costs. My recommendation? Avoid Jasper engines! Won't stand behind product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I replaced my original 5.7L Hemi Engine in my 2006 Chrysler 300C at just over 99K miles. The remanufactured Jasper Engine lasted not even 4 years with barely 50K miles driven. The Jasper Engine purportedly addressed all of the known flaws in the original design, but failed due to a timing chain tensioner that in turn caused a timing chain issue that destroyed the Engine.

This issue should have been corrected by Jasper and of course the rep said it was out of warranty with nothing they could do. One would expect that the so called "re-engineered" product woul outlast the OEM HEMI, but that turned out to not be the case. Avoid Jasper and spend your hard earned money elsewhere if you're looking for an engine replacement solution for your vehicle as their products have a proven track record of not holding up.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Five years ago the engine in my 1988 truck failed. The engine had run for 500.000 miles with no major problems. I was told that Jasper made a quality engine replacement. The engine was ordered and installed. In less than 500 miles the replacement engine began to make noises and lost power. I returned the truck to the garage and was told that I needed another engine. The second engine was installed and seemed satisfactory. At 96,000 miles the engine failed with a blown head gasket. This engine should have lasted much longer if it was a quality replacement. It will cost me $1400.00 to repair the engine. I would not recommend Jasper as a replacement for any drivetrain component. Bill from Cumming, Ga.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

On March 19, 2018 the auto repair shop informed us that the engine on our Equinox with 60,300 miles was gone and he recommended that we put in a new engine. The engine would have a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty. We were told if we put in this Jasper engine we would not have to pay for any engine related repairs for the length of the warranty. So we paid $6826.29 and picked up our Equinox on March 27, 2018. In April 2019 that Jasper engine died. Instead of taking that engine out and putting in another engine Jasper engine told the shop they just needed to fix it and it took 3.5 weeks to repair that engine.

It was at this point that we found out about the fabulous warranty that Jasper really gives you when you get one of their engines but no one tells you about until you try to have work done under their warranty. If you expect a shop to work on that engine you are suppose to buy an additional premium service plan. Under the basic warranty where you think you are completely covered, they only pay the shop $65 per hour labor and there is no shops that only charge $65 per hour. The shop that had our vehicle was unaware of this as were we. Our vehicle ended up going back into the shop 4 times after that piece of junk Jasper engine was put in and the last time it was in the shop told us they would no longer work on that engine but they gave us a list of places that might work on it.

Two days later the engine light was on and vehicle was running like crap again. We called those other shops and not one of them would work on this Jasper engine under that warranty. We traded that vehicle in while it was still running in a forward motion. So, we got screwed over by Jasper Engine as well as the shop that put it in. I hope that when a shop tells someone they need a new engine and they recommend Jasper, that people research Jasper engines and read the scam they pull on people with the complete junk they are selling as engines and run. Although this is just our story, each shop we called had nothing good to say about the Jasper engines nor the company itself.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Just prior to my warranty expiring on a Jasper transmission I took it in for some shifting issues. They honored the warranty and replaced the trans for the second time. Within 3 months the trans was shifting horribly again, now it was three months out of warranty and no ownership on their part. They told me if it was even a week out of warranty it would not be covered, I understand it's now out of the original warranty but remember the replaced trans was only three months old with a thousand miles on it I would think a reputable company would want to make this right.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous. At 178,960 miles the OEM transmission had begun failing. After looking around we opted to put in a Jasper Transmission. 100,000 mile or 3 year warranty is why I chose to give them a try. Transmission was installed by a certified shop. Vehicle operated for three years and a few months, Acquired mileage on Jasper Transmission is 60,000 miles. Transmission. Transmission detonated at a stoplight. Certified shop said the transmission is shot. Transmission oil looks good and does not smell burnt.

Shop manager and myself contacted Jasper and advised. They said that if it is one day past the three years that the warranty is no longer in force. I asked them if they would consider a rebate of 50 or 25% due to the low miles. They said that I should be happy with the product's service life of three years and 60K miles. Answer was "Nope". Very arrogant customer service and poor performance of their product. Some companies get a little each time and other companies get it all once. Jasper has chosen to be the latter. I am done with Jasper. Never again.

Original review: July 15, 2019

As title states it broke down in no time and they didn’t abide by the warranty that they sold me. STAY AWAY! They are crooks and should be shut down. I wish I looked on here before I decided to go through them. As a matter a fact the first motor they sold to my mechanic didn’t work right away, the second seemed to but failed within the 30k miles.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased a Jasper engine for my 1989 Ford F250 on 7/31/15 on the advice of my mechanic. By 6/29/19 the engine only has 1833 mile on it because the truck was not working from the day installed. It has been to the mechanic so many time that I lost count. I had to have it towed in over 5 times!! It has had two solenoids, two starters, alternator, the new water pump was leaking, antifreeze has to be added every two or three trips driving about 14 miles each. Gas mileage is 8.9 per gallon. The original mileage was 19 per gallon. The engine is always running cold even if the temperature outside is 100 degrees. I took it to one mechanic who told me that it had too much wrong for him to fix it and that nobody in my area could repair it. Guess that I need to sue Jasper.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased a Jasper Engine for my Jeep Wagoneer rebuild. The Customer Service was poor at best. The telephone sales rep told me one thing but when the Engine arrived, wasn't true. I called back and talked to the Supervisor and he disagreed with me after saying he had reviewed the Sales Call and no such things were said (right!!! I know what I heard on the call). Now I'm waiting for my Core Charge refund and getting the same silent treatment. Net, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I can only wait to find out how the engine actually runs (after all, it supposedly has been "tested" before leaving the factory)!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Have a 2012 Camaro SS with v8. Replaced the engine with a Jasper unit. From day 1 the oil pressure was much lower than the original engine, returned the car to the installer where they contacted Jasper. They recommended replacing the engine with another unit. So far much better oil pressure. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchased a Ford 5.4 litre Jasper engine for my truck, 5400.00 with install kit + labor to install. The engine was very noisy just after startup and would quiet down after about ten minutes of warm up. This problem began at day one! Very surprised because one of the selling points from Jasper was that they run/test their engines prior to shipping and this noise would have been very obvious. Jasper concluded that it was in the valve train. Had the engine removed and replaced with another and this one made the same noise, since day one again. Really don’t want to replace again, because of all the wear and tear on components, wiring harnesses, loss of work truck, etc...

Original review: March 20, 2019

I once installed a Jasper performance transmission in a Ford F450 for a customer and was just about ready to have the customer pick up the truck when Jasper called. They had sent me a non performance transmission and offered to send me the right trans or refund me the difference. I opted to install the right transmission. They paid parts & labor without sweat and had another trans at my door the next day. Another time when I was diagnosing a transmission issue I noticed the trans fluid (this was a Jasper unit) smelled slightly burnt. I contacted Jasper and they had one on the way parts and labor covered. By saying the best rebuilders I don't mean that they are without fault. Unfortunately I believe any factory rebuilt part quality is hit or miss. I've had good luck installing Jasper products for customers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Oct 2018 I purchased a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited. On Dec 25 2018 the engine started running terrible. I had it towed to the mechanic's shop where, a few days later, I learned the engine was blown. My heart sank. I didn't have the money to purchase a new motor. During my conversation with the mechanic’s secretary she was informed, by the mechanic, that the engine was previously rebuilt by Jasper Motors. She told me to stay by the phone that she would call me back. An hour later she called. Jasper Motors was willing to ship a new motor out to be replaced. I would be responsible for the labor but Jasper's would reimburse me if it was found to be their fault. Today January 28 I received a check for the full amount. Thank You Jasper Motors. You will have my family's business if we ever need another motor! An honest company doing honest work!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a brand new engine and after 3 years and only roughly 18,000 miles on this motor went bad. Even with all my proper oil changes and any normal care I would never again buy anything from Jasper. I purchased this mainly because of warranty options, now I wish I would have seen other people’s reviews before purchasing this for my vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Bought rebuilt engine, $5,000, for 2003 PT Cruiser. Jasper shipped one that couldn’t be installed properly. After a week of trying and contacting Jasper for input, it was decided to ship a 2nd engine. This one seems to be working fine! Problem is: Jasper claims a limit of $832 for labor costs based upon 11.6 hours of labor at $70/hr. My mechanic charged $1900 which included a lot more labor hours necessary to try and get the original engine to work properly. I paid my mechanic the $1900 in good faith that Jasper would return the difference in labor cost because THEY SENT THE WRONG ENGINE. After reading other complaints about Jasper I guess I have to go to court or get a Consumer’s Affairs Investigator involved!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a 2006 Ford F250 from a dealership with the brand new Jasper motor in the truck. Told me I had a hundred thousand mile warranty and 3 years. I've had the truck for 2 years and it has 50,000 miles on the motor. Well the motor has malfunctioned so I called Jasper and the gentleman I talked to was quite rude to me and told me that they would not honor the warranty. I'm paying for a truck that I cannot drive because their motor malfunction and they're refusing to do anything about it. I'm a disabled person that lives month to month and has no way to get to Dr and other appointments now because of my truck being broke down and the motor not being warrantied. Pretty sad a well-known company like that will not do anything about their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

In April of 2013 I a Jasper complete 5.7L engine was installed in my 1999 Suburban. In January of 2016 after 30,000 it developed a rattle. After many discussions with Jasper they replaced the engine with a new one. In October of 2018 the engine has seized, after only 3600 miles, and Jasper will do nothing about it. They are claiming the warranty on the replacement engine reverts back to the original engine so it is no longer under warranty. Hard to believe that they would only warranty the replacement for 3 months when the engine comes with a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I wouldn't recommend Jasper to my worst enemy!! When I called all I got was, "it wouldn't matter if we replaced it with 1 day left on the original motor, the new would only have a 1 day warranty. Only putting on 3600 miles over 2 years could also be the problem. If you don't run them regularly they can develop problems."

What a joke!! I've got vehicles that I run less than that and have absolutely no issues with. Start them regularly and I've never had an issue. Including on my 1963 C10 with the original straight 6 in it and my 1965 Impala with the original 327 in it. Buyer beware, go elsewhere, buy a crate engine from GM or Summit or a local shop, stay far away from Jasper and any of their products!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I’ve had 3 4.3 Chevy engines put in my boat this year. Everyone was a piece of crap and they won’t stand behind their warranty. I think the government needs to step in and solve this problem. I have an attorney and will be suing them for the motor labor time lost and inconvenience. This company needs to be closed!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My dealership purchased a remanufactured turbocharger for a 6.7 Dodge diesel, these guys put so much hype in their ad about how well made these turbos are but just after 44,000 miles the whole component has failed. No resolution from them or dealership. If you are looking for a turbocharger look elsewhere. Do Not Purchase one from these guys, read the reviews, I didn't have a say in the repair as it was warranted by the dealership. I am now having to replace my turbocharger and surely I will check out other companies. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

1999 Chrysler 300M. Bought a new Jasper engine. Got it installed. It started throwing oil and leaking within 1 month. Had it removed and ANOTHER Jasper engine installed. I HAD TO PAY ALL OF THE LABOR FOR REMOVAL AND INSTALL OF 2nd ENGINE! So... the 2nd engine just threw a rod last week. I changed the oil every 3500 miles and had it done by the INSTALLER of the engine so they could keep an eye out for any issues. Guess how many miles the 2nd one had on it when it blew up last week? 75,000. Do not waste your $$$ on a Jasper engine. VERY disappointed... to say the least. I was hoping for AT LEAST 125,000 miles and it should have lasted that with regular oil changes.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This is by far the bottom of the barrel as far as engine rebuilders go! I own a Marine Service business and recently installed a Jasper 4.3 Litre Chevy Marine engine. It failed within a month! They did replace the engine after much headache. The second engine failed right at about a month after install as well. This time I told the Jasper rep that some cylinders were showing water intrusion so I was pulling the cylinder head! (They did not like this). After the head was pulled there was a 3 inch crack in the cylinder wall. Bottom line:: They said it was detonation (idiots). I was never paid a dime labor on either engine failure, Guess what, The boat is back again. Jasper engines are garbage, warranty is garbage, company is garbage!!!

Updated on 09/12/2018: The third pile of garbage Jasper has provided has failed. They have paid my shop 0 labor since this nightmare began! This particular engine has dropped a valve/seat. Please folks stay away from this company and the garbage they are peddling. Their warranty is also pathetic!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Installed 3 rebuilt Jasper motors on my 2008 Subaru Outback through Jasper in the last year and a half. They said they would refund the money if they got the engine back. That would render the car useless. $4200.00 just for motor, reduced rate for labor, multiple failures, quality of product very disappointing. They said they would give us a $250.00 credit. Oh Wow then what? Take the bus with my tools... Can't even give it one star.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I replaced all the injectors on my 6.0 Super Duty with Jasper injectors. Less than 6 months one goes out. I was told when I replaced them I received a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I take my truck to the shop and was told I had a bad injector. I showed them the warranty and he said ok. They started repairs on my truck. They had to jump through many hoops to get the part then I was told Jasper will only cover $75.00 of the labor. WHAT? Where can you get a injector replaced for $75.00? Nowhere! I called Jasper and got nowhere with them. This warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I'll never buy anything from them as long as I live. Jasper can kiss my **!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Back in 2012, I had a 5.7 liter Jasper Engine installed in my 96 Impala SS. At the time the car had 269,000 miles. It now has 303,000 miles. The Jasper engine didn't even make it to 35,000 miles. Today it apparently blew a head gasket. It dumped a huge puddle of oil and coolant in the hospital parking lot. Today, I had it flat-bedded home. Called the Jasper tech and told him what happened. I said, "you sold me an engine that couldn't make it to 35,000 miles." He pointed out that it was installed back in November of 2012. So I am just out of luck. I asked if Jasper would step up with an extended or hidden warranty. The answer was short and to the point - "nope". Needless to say, I don't recommend buying an engine from Jasper. 35,000 miles after only 5.5 years and the engine failed. Garbage!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Very disappointed with my purchase of a 5.9 Cummins. Had fuel issues from the start. They blamed everything on fuel issues. The problem was injector pump. Sloppy rebuild pump was sucking air thru. The front shop who install engine had no clue lead me along till warranty was up. Took it to another diesel specialist who said it was a common problem with Jasper rebuilds. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Being familiar with the Jasper, IN area and some people who work at the Jasper engine and transmission factory, it was a no-brainer that I'd turn to them when a problem appeared in my daughter's 2006 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2L engine. With the first replacement, the engine was subject to dying at inopportune times, even after they said it would stop! Engine number two, about five weeks after the second oil change, I discovered the engine was about two qts low on oil. Took it to a different Jasper provider in town and explained the situation to them and after the normal initial inspection, was told there was compression loss in three of the cylinders.

It's been about two and a half weeks since this shop has had the vehicle and still not finished. Was informed new plugs and fluids would be required, even after I explained that I had already paid for them TWICE. Was also informed that if the factory "determines that someone had tampered with the engine", I'd have to pay for the labor, again, for the second time! In the meantime, my daughter is without transportation, this time, like a said, for nearly two and a half weeks, so far. I can only hope this is not the actual Jasper engine and transmission factory in Jasper IN, and somehow the two different auto shops I dealt with were put in contact with an illegal Jasper E&T factory. Their 100.000 mile warranty is worthless if the vehicle is continually in the shop.

Original review: March 9, 2018

1997 Chevy Silverado - My transmission failed on me while I was out of town about 5 years ago. I knew I wanted to keep my truck so I bought a JASPER. I like how they research the common issues and fix them to make it better than the original. My transmission had a long list of updates! Once I found out they are 100% employee owned and their factory is in the US... I was sold!

I rely on my truck to make a living and most importantly I need it to tow my boat so I can go fishing on weekends. When I first got it back it wasn’t shifting right. The check engine light was on so I had it checked out. It turns out some wires got pinched between the transmission and the Engine during install. I got it fixed and it’s been flawless ever since!

I had close to 300,000 miles on the truck and the engine was getting pretty worn out. I was going to put a Jasper Engine in it... but I ended up selling the truck because my dad offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse on his 2003 Chevy Truck with a 6.0 L beast of an engine. I was sad to see my old reliable truck go because it served me well for so many years! If anything fails on my new truck... I know who I will be calling so I won’t ever have to worry about missing a single day of fishing! I understand why Jasper has the best reputation in the industry!

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Company Information