Jasper Engines and Transmissions

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper Engines and Transmissions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jasper?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

In 6/6/2019, I bought a remanufactured motor from Jasper Engines and Transmission to replace the one that had failed. I got the extra insurance on rental car and mechanic labor cost. First motor ran a bit rough and within 20,000 miles was using almost 2 quarts per 5000 mile oil change. Upon testing, I had multiple cylinders that failed cylinder pressure test. Jasper agreed to replace motor. I got a new motor and check engine light started coming on. I assumed it was due to all oil that got into the catalyst since it was a Catalyst error.

After a few weeks light went out, it did not return for 5 more months. During this time, I noticed that this motor was using oil at around 2 quarts per oil change, but this motor had been smooth. Again, Jasper upon proof of issue decided to replace the motor. The new motor has already kicked on check engine light. I installed a new catalyst with the new motor, but this time it is knock sensor code. It came on and off twice and this second motor idles rough. I am on the 3rd motor in about 42,000 miles. This is exhausting and ridiculous. I don't believe that Jasper can produce a quality motor product that will go in excess of 100,000 miles. My last used motor lasted roughly 220,000 miles and was 1/2 costs with no oil usage. Where is the value and how can a consumer believe in their product.

Original review: June 10, 2020

The transmission in my 2002 Toyota Tundra was replaced by my mechanic in California with a Jasper transmission. It started to leak fluid after only 750 miles when I drove to Utah. I contacted Tom at Jasper who recommend a “Preferred Installer” in Bountiful, Utah. After the transmission was replaced with a new transmission from Jasper I was charged an additional $200. The difference between what the installers charge and what Jasper will pay. When I contacted Tom about how I how to get reimbursed he informed me that that’s all the warranty covers. So to be clear, I paid Jasper $1,600 for a new transmission that failed in less than 1,000 miles and I’m on the hook for getting it replaced!

Original review: May 26, 2020

My car was stolen and the engine was blown. I had a new Jasper Engine put in NOV 22nd 2019(2012 Cadillac CTS coupe). I have barley driven this car due to the fact that I take a shuttle to work and have been quarantined for 3 months now. I've put 2000 miles on it since I got it back, and as I was leaving a funeral I started having bad car troubles. I made it down the street to my local Firestone who just informed me that another new engine will need to be put in (5/26- broke down 5/23). It took a month to have the new engine delivered and put in the first time, and I cannot keep going through this hardship without a reliable vehicle. Especially when I paid 11k to have the new engine put in it once already!!! I dont trust that the second engine will last either and even though I love this car I feel I will have to sell it as I cannot trust this company at all!

Resolution response: May 30, 2020

No company resolution as it was not needed, original install shop uncovered a very coincidental problem in close proximity to the engine that simply mimicked engine failure noise, but wasn't.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Purchased one of Jasper's engines to replace my Jeep's 3.8 that had spun a rod bearing and within 900 miles, this engine sounded horrible. It was making so much racket there is no way an engine correctly built should be that noisy. Currently deciding whether or not to even bother dealing with this or just selling the Jeep as is. Jasper used to be a good company, but they aren't anymore. Look elsewhere for a rebuilt motor.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Attempted to buy a truck engine and they would not accept a credit card for payment. They wanted a wire transfer from my bank or cash approx three thousand! Or they want you to go thru one of their installers. They lost this sale and from what I have found out they are problematic about their warranties.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

In May of 2019, I had a Jasper engine replaced in my 2011 Jeep Wrangler -Stock #248010 Production #485629 @ mileage of 140630, which was installed by a Jasper Distributor in Wichita, KS. That replacement motor lasted approximately 10000 miles and 6 months when it failed. After having it towed over 200 miles (no reimbursement under the warranty) and three weeks for Jasper and the Wichita distributor to decide to replace the motor. The second replacement motor has now failed!! Which lasted 12 days and less than 1000 miles. Ticket #**.

Again I have a tow bill, rental car, and hotel bill because the Jeep broke down in Carlsbad NM. 10 hour drive from my home in Wichita, Ks. The Jasper dealer where the Jeep is now said Jasper Engine will replace the second engine but I will be on the hook for the labor difference between $150 an hour he charges a $75 an hour Jasper reimburses. I called Jasper and spoke Leo and he said he could not help me and left at that. He said the warranty was what it was. Jasper Engine is a very unresponsive company. Very Very Unsatisfied with trying to work with them!!! Look for a different replacement engine manufacture before you buy from them!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I seriously never complain or do negative reviews but this needs to be known. We put a new Jasper engine in our truck in Feb of 2016. It is now Nov of 2019. The engine has 80,000 miles on it. We learned something was wrong with the engine. We took the truck in for some routine maintenance and to have a couple of things fixed. We really trust the place we take our trucks to be worked on. They found about $2,600.00 worth of repairs needed because of the engine alone. We didn't know at the time, but the owner of the repair shop called Jasper to let them know about this faulty engine. Jasper would not budge and stood by their warranty, which was expired in Feb 2019, even though these engines are supposed to go 300,000 miles and this engine only went 80,000.

I called and was passed to a supervisor. I told them that it seems strange that this engine only went 80,000 miles and could they compensate anything at all? He said no, the engine is almost 4 years old and past the warranty. I told him as a business owner, I wouldn't want my name on such a faulty product. He said there are no guarantees as how far the engine would go. I would have been happy with $500, or a gift card, anything. They offered no apologies, just a "this is how it is" attitude.

In conclusion, please don't use Jasper engines or transmissions. It seemed like he wanted me to beg for compensation, when in reality he was doing a horrible job at his customer service. I told him I was going to be sure everyone I told everyone to never use Jasper because their engines suck. (Not my finest moment.) He said, "Tahnee, you are giving me no reason to give you anything." I said, "You already said you are not going to do anything for me." He said, "I see no reason to be on the phone with you then." Their customer service is way below par and they think of their customers as a number, nothing else.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

This 1990 Ford Bronco two had a Jasper Reman engine installed on 8/2016. This engine never ran correctly. It must have been running poorly when Jasper ran tested it too. I removed the cylinder heads and found the valve seats on two cylinders were missing so I guess they do not check installed valve height because those valves were 3/8 of an inch higher than the other valves. I contacted Jasper and they said, "Sorry it's out of warranty." I sent them pictures to prove that the parts were never installed and they won't budge on the warranty because it would set a precedent. I told them THE precedent you should set is taking care of your customers. Needless to say this shop will never install another Jasper product. Previously we installed 2 Jasper transmissions and both were fixed or replaced under warranty. 3 strikes and you're out.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Transmission put in July, 2019 and within a month, the transmission was leaking. Fixed transmission supposedly and leaking again in Oct. Had to stop and get someone to look at and they found multiple leaks and put fluid in so I could get it to shop. Jasper will not pay for that stop because no one called. Really???? The transmission hasn't been in the car 3 months. Bad customer service and evidently their product is terrible and I would never suggest this company for anything to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Recently we purchased a marine engine from jasper. After the engine was completely installed in the boat we attempted to start the engine before launching the boat to make sure all was good. This is on a 30+ foot boat so it needs to be launched by a Travel lift. At the test start the starter would not engage. After a few hours of troubleshooting it was determined one of the holes to mount the starter had been repaired and the starter would not align properly to the flywheel. We had to remove the engine and start over. The engine swap on this boat is a 40 plus hour install. Jasper would only offer 20 hours reimbursement at a reduced rate. Their rep said we should have purchased the additional warranty.

I would understand this if the boat was in the water and hours on the engine. This boat never launched. Engine was bad off the pallet. Zero run time. Another boat, another bad engine. This one had timing issues. Spent several days troubleshooting. Again in the end it was determined the engine was bad. Another complete swap with little help from Jasper to cover costs. My recommendation? Avoid Jasper engines! Won't stand behind product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I replaced my original 5.7L Hemi Engine in my 2006 Chrysler 300C at just over 99K miles. The remanufactured Jasper Engine lasted not even 4 years with barely 50K miles driven. The Jasper Engine purportedly addressed all of the known flaws in the original design, but failed due to a timing chain tensioner that in turn caused a timing chain issue that destroyed the Engine.

This issue should have been corrected by Jasper and of course the rep said it was out of warranty with nothing they could do. One would expect that the so called "re-engineered" product woul outlast the OEM HEMI, but that turned out to not be the case. Avoid Jasper and spend your hard earned money elsewhere if you're looking for an engine replacement solution for your vehicle as their products have a proven track record of not holding up.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Five years ago the engine in my 1988 truck failed. The engine had run for 500.000 miles with no major problems. I was told that Jasper made a quality engine replacement. The engine was ordered and installed. In less than 500 miles the replacement engine began to make noises and lost power. I returned the truck to the garage and was told that I needed another engine. The second engine was installed and seemed satisfactory. At 96,000 miles the engine failed with a blown head gasket. This engine should have lasted much longer if it was a quality replacement. It will cost me $1400.00 to repair the engine. I would not recommend Jasper as a replacement for any drivetrain component. Bill from Cumming, Ga.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

On March 19, 2018 the auto repair shop informed us that the engine on our Equinox with 60,300 miles was gone and he recommended that we put in a new engine. The engine would have a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty. We were told if we put in this Jasper engine we would not have to pay for any engine related repairs for the length of the warranty. So we paid $6826.29 and picked up our Equinox on March 27, 2018. In April 2019 that Jasper engine died. Instead of taking that engine out and putting in another engine Jasper engine told the shop they just needed to fix it and it took 3.5 weeks to repair that engine.

It was at this point that we found out about the fabulous warranty that Jasper really gives you when you get one of their engines but no one tells you about until you try to have work done under their warranty. If you expect a shop to work on that engine you are suppose to buy an additional premium service plan. Under the basic warranty where you think you are completely covered, they only pay the shop $65 per hour labor and there is no shops that only charge $65 per hour. The shop that had our vehicle was unaware of this as were we. Our vehicle ended up going back into the shop 4 times after that piece of junk Jasper engine was put in and the last time it was in the shop told us they would no longer work on that engine but they gave us a list of places that might work on it.

Two days later the engine light was on and vehicle was running like crap again. We called those other shops and not one of them would work on this Jasper engine under that warranty. We traded that vehicle in while it was still running in a forward motion. So, we got screwed over by Jasper Engine as well as the shop that put it in. I hope that when a shop tells someone they need a new engine and they recommend Jasper, that people research Jasper engines and read the scam they pull on people with the complete junk they are selling as engines and run. Although this is just our story, each shop we called had nothing good to say about the Jasper engines nor the company itself.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Just prior to my warranty expiring on a Jasper transmission I took it in for some shifting issues. They honored the warranty and replaced the trans for the second time. Within 3 months the trans was shifting horribly again, now it was three months out of warranty and no ownership on their part. They told me if it was even a week out of warranty it would not be covered, I understand it's now out of the original warranty but remember the replaced trans was only three months old with a thousand miles on it I would think a reputable company would want to make this right.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous. At 178,960 miles the OEM transmission had begun failing. After looking around we opted to put in a Jasper Transmission. 100,000 mile or 3 year warranty is why I chose to give them a try. Transmission was installed by a certified shop. Vehicle operated for three years and a few months, Acquired mileage on Jasper Transmission is 60,000 miles. Transmission. Transmission detonated at a stoplight. Certified shop said the transmission is shot. Transmission oil looks good and does not smell burnt.

Shop manager and myself contacted Jasper and advised. They said that if it is one day past the three years that the warranty is no longer in force. I asked them if they would consider a rebate of 50 or 25% due to the low miles. They said that I should be happy with the product's service life of three years and 60K miles. Answer was "Nope". Very arrogant customer service and poor performance of their product. Some companies get a little each time and other companies get it all once. Jasper has chosen to be the latter. I am done with Jasper. Never again.

Original review: July 15, 2019

As title states it broke down in no time and they didn’t abide by the warranty that they sold me. STAY AWAY! They are crooks and should be shut down. I wish I looked on here before I decided to go through them. As a matter a fact the first motor they sold to my mechanic didn’t work right away, the second seemed to but failed within the 30k miles.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased a Jasper engine for my 1989 Ford F250 on 7/31/15 on the advice of my mechanic. By 6/29/19 the engine only has 1833 mile on it because the truck was not working from the day installed. It has been to the mechanic so many time that I lost count. I had to have it towed in over 5 times!! It has had two solenoids, two starters, alternator, the new water pump was leaking, antifreeze has to be added every two or three trips driving about 14 miles each. Gas mileage is 8.9 per gallon. The original mileage was 19 per gallon. The engine is always running cold even if the temperature outside is 100 degrees. I took it to one mechanic who told me that it had too much wrong for him to fix it and that nobody in my area could repair it. Guess that I need to sue Jasper.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased a Jasper Engine for my Jeep Wagoneer rebuild. The Customer Service was poor at best. The telephone sales rep told me one thing but when the Engine arrived, wasn't true. I called back and talked to the Supervisor and he disagreed with me after saying he had reviewed the Sales Call and no such things were said (right!!! I know what I heard on the call). Now I'm waiting for my Core Charge refund and getting the same silent treatment. Net, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I can only wait to find out how the engine actually runs (after all, it supposedly has been "tested" before leaving the factory)!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Have a 2012 Camaro SS with v8. Replaced the engine with a Jasper unit. From day 1 the oil pressure was much lower than the original engine, returned the car to the installer where they contacted Jasper. They recommended replacing the engine with another unit. So far much better oil pressure. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchased a Ford 5.4 litre Jasper engine for my truck, 5400.00 with install kit + labor to install. The engine was very noisy just after startup and would quiet down after about ten minutes of warm up. This problem began at day one! Very surprised because one of the selling points from Jasper was that they run/test their engines prior to shipping and this noise would have been very obvious. Jasper concluded that it was in the valve train. Had the engine removed and replaced with another and this one made the same noise, since day one again. Really don’t want to replace again, because of all the wear and tear on components, wiring harnesses, loss of work truck, etc...

Original review: March 20, 2019

I once installed a Jasper performance transmission in a Ford F450 for a customer and was just about ready to have the customer pick up the truck when Jasper called. They had sent me a non performance transmission and offered to send me the right trans or refund me the difference. I opted to install the right transmission. They paid parts & labor without sweat and had another trans at my door the next day. Another time when I was diagnosing a transmission issue I noticed the trans fluid (this was a Jasper unit) smelled slightly burnt. I contacted Jasper and they had one on the way parts and labor covered. By saying the best rebuilders I don't mean that they are without fault. Unfortunately I believe any factory rebuilt part quality is hit or miss. I've had good luck installing Jasper products for customers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Oct 2018 I purchased a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited. On Dec 25 2018 the engine started running terrible. I had it towed to the mechanic's shop where, a few days later, I learned the engine was blown. My heart sank. I didn't have the money to purchase a new motor. During my conversation with the mechanic’s secretary she was informed, by the mechanic, that the engine was previously rebuilt by Jasper Motors. She told me to stay by the phone that she would call me back. An hour later she called. Jasper Motors was willing to ship a new motor out to be replaced. I would be responsible for the labor but Jasper's would reimburse me if it was found to be their fault. Today January 28 I received a check for the full amount. Thank You Jasper Motors. You will have my family's business if we ever need another motor! An honest company doing honest work!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a brand new engine and after 3 years and only roughly 18,000 miles on this motor went bad. Even with all my proper oil changes and any normal care I would never again buy anything from Jasper. I purchased this mainly because of warranty options, now I wish I would have seen other people’s reviews before purchasing this for my vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Bought rebuilt engine, $5,000, for 2003 PT Cruiser. Jasper shipped one that couldn’t be installed properly. After a week of trying and contacting Jasper for input, it was decided to ship a 2nd engine. This one seems to be working fine! Problem is: Jasper claims a limit of $832 for labor costs based upon 11.6 hours of labor at $70/hr. My mechanic charged $1900 which included a lot more labor hours necessary to try and get the original engine to work properly. I paid my mechanic the $1900 in good faith that Jasper would return the difference in labor cost because THEY SENT THE WRONG ENGINE. After reading other complaints about Jasper I guess I have to go to court or get a Consumer’s Affairs Investigator involved!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a 2006 Ford F250 from a dealership with the brand new Jasper motor in the truck. Told me I had a hundred thousand mile warranty and 3 years. I've had the truck for 2 years and it has 50,000 miles on the motor. Well the motor has malfunctioned so I called Jasper and the gentleman I talked to was quite rude to me and told me that they would not honor the warranty. I'm paying for a truck that I cannot drive because their motor malfunction and they're refusing to do anything about it. I'm a disabled person that lives month to month and has no way to get to Dr and other appointments now because of my truck being broke down and the motor not being warrantied. Pretty sad a well-known company like that will not do anything about their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

In April of 2013 I a Jasper complete 5.7L engine was installed in my 1999 Suburban. In January of 2016 after 30,000 it developed a rattle. After many discussions with Jasper they replaced the engine with a new one. In October of 2018 the engine has seized, after only 3600 miles, and Jasper will do nothing about it. They are claiming the warranty on the replacement engine reverts back to the original engine so it is no longer under warranty. Hard to believe that they would only warranty the replacement for 3 months when the engine comes with a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I wouldn't recommend Jasper to my worst enemy!! When I called all I got was, "it wouldn't matter if we replaced it with 1 day left on the original motor, the new would only have a 1 day warranty. Only putting on 3600 miles over 2 years could also be the problem. If you don't run them regularly they can develop problems."

What a joke!! I've got vehicles that I run less than that and have absolutely no issues with. Start them regularly and I've never had an issue. Including on my 1963 C10 with the original straight 6 in it and my 1965 Impala with the original 327 in it. Buyer beware, go elsewhere, buy a crate engine from GM or Summit or a local shop, stay far away from Jasper and any of their products!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I’ve had 3 4.3 Chevy engines put in my boat this year. Everyone was a piece of crap and they won’t stand behind their warranty. I think the government needs to step in and solve this problem. I have an attorney and will be suing them for the motor labor time lost and inconvenience. This company needs to be closed!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My dealership purchased a remanufactured turbocharger for a 6.7 Dodge diesel, these guys put so much hype in their ad about how well made these turbos are but just after 44,000 miles the whole component has failed. No resolution from them or dealership. If you are looking for a turbocharger look elsewhere. Do Not Purchase one from these guys, read the reviews, I didn't have a say in the repair as it was warranted by the dealership. I am now having to replace my turbocharger and surely I will check out other companies. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

1999 Chrysler 300M. Bought a new Jasper engine. Got it installed. It started throwing oil and leaking within 1 month. Had it removed and ANOTHER Jasper engine installed. I HAD TO PAY ALL OF THE LABOR FOR REMOVAL AND INSTALL OF 2nd ENGINE! So... the 2nd engine just threw a rod last week. I changed the oil every 3500 miles and had it done by the INSTALLER of the engine so they could keep an eye out for any issues. Guess how many miles the 2nd one had on it when it blew up last week? 75,000. Do not waste your $$$ on a Jasper engine. VERY disappointed... to say the least. I was hoping for AT LEAST 125,000 miles and it should have lasted that with regular oil changes.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This is by far the bottom of the barrel as far as engine rebuilders go! I own a Marine Service business and recently installed a Jasper 4.3 Litre Chevy Marine engine. It failed within a month! They did replace the engine after much headache. The second engine failed right at about a month after install as well. This time I told the Jasper rep that some cylinders were showing water intrusion so I was pulling the cylinder head! (They did not like this). After the head was pulled there was a 3 inch crack in the cylinder wall. Bottom line:: They said it was detonation (idiots). I was never paid a dime labor on either engine failure, Guess what, The boat is back again. Jasper engines are garbage, warranty is garbage, company is garbage!!!

Updated on 09/12/2018: The third pile of garbage Jasper has provided has failed. They have paid my shop 0 labor since this nightmare began! This particular engine has dropped a valve/seat. Please folks stay away from this company and the garbage they are peddling. Their warranty is also pathetic!!

Jasper Engines and Transmissions Company Information