Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.87/5

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

1443 Hyundai Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I leased a Genesis. I made all the payments on time. I turned it into Lexus when I lease a Lexus. They claim there was excessive wear and tear because a lens had a crack. They state I owe them $608 for a crack they did not even measure with the ruler. I will never have a Hyundai or Genesis again. They do not bother responding to BBB. They just send a standard email.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My experience with Hyundai has been one I wouldn't have expected from a reputable company. I was told I couldn't get any assistance with a car I purchased from them in April 2017. Three months after purchasing the car it was in the shop for a check engine issue. I took the car back to see why it was on when I had just purchased the vehicle. Since then my car has been in the shop a total of 8 times to date. I will continue to expose the misrepresentation Hyundai provides to the public on a daily basis with their commercials and other advertisement.

As a consumer we all deserve to have the products we pay for to be operable and in good condition. Nelson a representative of Hyundai informed me I would not have any further resolution if I spoke with a manager because they would only listen to him in regards to my complaint directly. I feel every time someone drives a Hyundai vehicle their lives are in jeopardy due to the negligence on production. My car has been in the shop now for over two months to replace an engine that has been replaced for the second time in a year. I can assure you I will never recommend Hyundai products again to anyone. Do not purchase any Hyundai vehicles no matter what they offer you!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I am not going to give my full name via an email message due to security reasons. I will note, however, that when I sent messages to finance online, both my name and my account number where showing as if attached to the email and I repeatedly received what appeared to be canned responses asking me to give my full name, via my email. I find this unsettling - as if finance is deliberately delaying or avoiding addressing issues and/or questions from its customers that take their time to write them. I further question the point of sending finance emails... It is neither helpful or gives me any confidence that my needs are being addressed expeditiously or that I am cared for as a customer that pays on time and cares about one's credit.

Last month, I not only wrote finance multiple times, but I also went to the dealership and spoke to the finance department. The department kindly explained to me what their limitations are with regards to what my concerns were at that time (Hyundai received three payments in January via Wells Fargo and I wanted my account reimbursed for the overpayment) and I ended up having to sit in someone's office, just to call finance outside of the state to "try" to resolve the issue. Given Wells Fargo's recent debacle, I don't know who is at fault but I made every effort to make sure that finance received its correct payment up to and including an attempt to pay in - person and in cash.

All that I asked yesterday (literally two weeks after supposedly getting the initial problem resolved) is that finance justifies a $47.67 request for payment this month included with my monthly car payment (which also increased) so that I can determine what to do. Finance wrote me back. They obviously have my email information. They referred to me by my first name and know my account number. My account information was attached to my email. I do not understand why I am having such a difficult time paying finance my correct auto payment since the new year. I had a Hyundai for over 10 years prior to the one I lease now and it was paid off before I got rear-ended and ended up having to lease another one.

I never had any issues at all period with my payments or with the previous (paid off) vehicle and now, all of a sudden, after the new year I find myself with a car that I have to keep bringing in for the same repair and issues with making a simple car payment. I am frustrated and think it is ridiculous that I have to jump through so many hoops just to make a simple, correct auto payment. I also find it insulting. I do not understand what the problem actually is - Is it the online system? Is it that finance does not permit the dealership where customers purchase their vehicle to discuss or have access to information once the vehicle drives off the lot? Is it Wells Fargo? I don't know. But I do know that when I triple paid in January and then walked in to finance to pay in cash, I could not do it.

And, after repeated efforts to resolve the whole debacle, finance has the audacity to ask me to pay more and has not justified why. This is not the way to handle a long time customer that pays on time. This is the first time I have ever leased a vehicle and this experience is ruining my enjoyment of being a Hyundai car driver and owner. Why would I want to give my full name in an email? Any person with an ounce of common sense would not do that in a Gmail.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Doesn't work in Canada - I filled all required fields in on my Desktop PC, pushed enter and received a message saying I could not register at this time etc. A few minutes later I got an email stating "I had successfully registered" BUT I was not registered for remote start etc. just emergency. There was a phone number that I was to call to get registration sorted. I phoned during normal working hours and was directed to voice message system that said they would get back to me within 24 hours, left a message. Two weeks have passed with no call from Hyundai. I do not understand how they can keep heavily promoting this application when, clearly, it does not work. I understand other users are having the same problem.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Worst experience of my life. I bought a 2017 Veloster, drove it off the lot with 6 miles. Within a year I’ve had my power steering column replaced, the motor for my sunroof and my MOTOR BLEW AT 28K MILES! If you have any work done to your car, expect not to hear anything for 3 weeks and them keeping your car for 2 months! The techs there take everything as a joke, and laugh about how many problems you have with their cars. One of the techs even stated "if we told you how bad they are, how would we sell them"? I took my car there the month before complaining that it was driving weird, they never even test drove it and stated everything was "perfect" yet a month later I was left stranded on the road, yet again. Please whatever you do, stay far away from the Tampa Location and Hyundai ALL TOGETHER!!! Worse choice I ever made, I regret buying that car!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I bought a new car from a dealership in Laurel, Maryland 2 months ago when they had the test drive gift card promotion, but I never received the gift card. After contacting the dealership several times to follow up, no one provides me any updates. I then decided to reach out to Hyundai USA and hope they will help me. Hyundai USA basically hires a third party AutoHook to deal with the issues and "doing the research".

AutoHook stated "We are an entirely separate entity and do not make decisions about what offers are redeemed," and told me only the dealership can verify my test drive and redeem the offer. Even I bought a car from the dealership, it doesn't mean my test drive was verified. In other words, if the dealership decides to do nothing, then that's it. It's a huge disappointment that the Hyundai USA does not manage their dealership, does not care how the dealership is treating their customer and just let them cheat the customers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We leased a new 2016 Hyundai in December 2016 and had nothing but trouble with the lease from the very beginning. Our Santa Fe was leased from a dealership in Colorado. We had no trouble on a previous lease but this time the communication between the leasing company and the dealership was horrible. The salesmen on the floor were using filthy language and the finance person didn't send the paperwork and our payment up front in for almost 60 days. Hyundai leasing called us to tell us we were late on our payment when we had not received any paperwork yet to make a payment. We set up payments through our bank and about 14 months later after the finance company did an update on their software they called again to tell us we hadn't paid our payment and our bank had not accepted the payment. We had received a confirmation number on the payment. The finance company was ready to ** us.

Then I had them look at the bank info on their end. IT WAS INCORRECT!!! Our account showed no change(?). Again they fixed it and apologized to us. We couldn't wait to bring the lease back this December which by the way, was in EXCELLENT condition and 7,000 miles below what the millage of 30,000 miles. The dealership tried to sell us the car but we just turned it in. They had us sign a paper (which we never got a copy of) and said that was it and we could leave. Today we got a bill telling us we still owed $433.00 to bring the car in at the end of the lease that we were still responsible for the final payment and if there was any damage to car we turned in-we would be billed for that (???) plus a late fee if they didn't get the $433.00 in 15 days.

Good grief! I had thought it was OK to drop our auto insurance when we turned it in!! What if they sold the car or were allowing people to test drive it?? We called Hyundai finance and they said it was their bill and not the dealership's. Nothing was said to us when we returned the PERFECT car. This sounds like a legal scam!! This never happened with our first lease. Why this time?? It's not like we have so so credit; it is over 800! This has been so distasteful that we will never go back to Hyundai nor will we consider a lease again. We will make sure to tell everyone we know not to lease from Hyundai.

By the way; we immediately paid the $433.00 and got the CONFIRMATION NUMBER however they said it would take them two weeks to get the paperwork to us showing the lease was paid in full. Additionally, they said they couldn't send an email showing the final payment and release of the lease. I will be waiting and watching our bank account because-again-I DO NOT TRUST THEM!! We are not sure if they will do as they told us or will they say the payment didn't go through and bill us a late fee??? VERY unhappy with Hyundai and Hyundai finance.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate about two weeks ago. The first week I had it I noticed when it was in the sun the back bumper and lift gate had these 3D swirls in the Black Noir Pearl paint. The dealership had the car redone with Zurche but still had the same issue. I took it back to the dealer and they had someone buff the entire car. This made the situation worse as the marks were still in the paint and he did a poor job detailing the car. I took the car home and spent 3 hours detailing the car myself to fix the issue from the detailer. Regardless to say the marks are still there. My wife noticed today that I have a big scratch under the spoiler. The dealership was going to allow me to pick another car, but they did not have any and it had to be today. So to make a long story short I wish they would just take the car from me like I never bought it. Very dissatisfied customer for a car that is only 2 weeks old when it was valued at 35 thousand dollars.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My family purchased a brand new Hyundai Tucson 2017 in October of 2017. It had sudden engine failure. It has now been more than 30 days since the car is in the shop and no one helps or has said anything. Under the NJ Lemon Law this car is now a lemon. Hyundai Corporate is deplorable as well. They are essentially useless and less than professional. Buying this car was a horrible mistake. I would NEVER recommend Hyundai or this kind of aggravation to even my worse enemy. I am so disappointed. I have never in my life experienced such poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My fiancé and I purchased a 2013 Genesis 2.0. Motor keeps failing and they refuse to help even though the motor is under warranty. Our car is constantly misdiagnosed on purpose just so they don’t have to pay for a new motor. Already discussing the issue with lawyers. Save yourself the stress and heartache, do NOT buy a car from Hyundai.

Hyundai Company Information