Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.59/5

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1477 Hyundai Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 11, 2019

I would like to highlight that I have a very bad experience with the quality of tyres Verna is using. Verna was one the cars I always wanted and finally one year back I bought it. However, I did not know that it uses some bad quality tyres. I was travelling from Indore to Pune on 2nd June 2019, when the tyre (Front Left side) of my car (Hyundai verna SX (O)) got burst and I had near escape from death. My spouse got hurt on her head and eyes. I was driving at a speed of maximum 50kmph, as it was a single road, between Rajgurunagar and Chakan. The Front Tyre (left side) suddenly got burst.

On contacting the service management of Hyundai and Hankok (tyre manufacturer/dealer), they said it is a cut on the side wall and it's not a fault of tyre and denied my request of replacing it. My point is such expensive and big cars who can run at around 140kmph, should have such bad quality tyres and risk life of the customers. OR, should they provide any better reliable and trusted brand. For instance, even I say, there was an impact on tyre, should the tyre easily gets burst. I have another car - Chevrolet Beat and used Bridgestone, MRF for last 10 years not. Have gone on potholes on highways on speed as fast as 100kmp, but never had this experience. This clearly shows the quality of tyres.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Hello, my name is Lincoln and I've been a proud owner of a 2014 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0t R-Spec for quite some time now. I love the car and believe the Hyundai family is amazing. Up until recently this year I've lost all hope, high spirits, and love for the company. I towed my Genesis coupe into the dealership because I was driving one day and seen smoke coming from under the hood. When the dealer checked it out they told me the oil feed line to the turbo had a crack in it.

So ultimately oil was spurring out the crack and onto the hot engine bay causing it to smoke up. My '14 Genesis coupe had about 26k on it and still has its 5 year 60k mile warranty active. The dealership look at me and told me they could not warranty the job because there's an aftermarket intake, and exhaust on it. The mechanic said the line looked as if it were touched during installation of the intake and they could not honor my warranty and charged me full price ($325.00) to replace the line.

I told the service manager (Jerry) and dealer manager (Dino) I never touched touched anything under this hood. I bought the car with the parts on it and have been driving ever since. So I didn't argue and just bit the bullet and paid for the work because that's the only way I could have gotten my car back so I can get to work. This was in April of 2019. It's now June 2019 and the line cracked on me again. This time I haven't even opened under the hood since the car came back from the dealer in April. I was driving in my Genesis with my FAMILY this time and the line cracked and you wouldn't believe what happened. My engine bay caught on FIRE from the same line that was cracked again spraying all over the hot metals in the engine bay. I had to hurry my wife and 6 Month Old baby out the car before anything happened to them. I was able to get a few videos after everything settled down.

My Genesis is currently back at South Shore Hyundai in valley stream NY where I originally fixed the car the first time. I'm livid not only at the fact that this dealership charged me to fix something I had nothing to do with but the fact that after doing my research on forums and Facebook and other social media pages that this is a common failure point on these cars and Hyundai hasn't come up with a better solution on fixing this!!!

Without a question of a doubt I will be starting a legal process of lawsuit. My 6 Month old baby was in the car and this could have gone a whole different direction if I had not noticed the smoke and pulled over to check and seen the car was near to blazing a fire. I have already notified all my family and friends who has a Hyundai (quite a few) that Hyundai isn't as reliable as we thought and their service especially at South Shore Hyundai is far from acceptable. We're all now looking to just go back to Mazda, who's been really good to us over the years. Only reason I left Mazda is because Hyundai had a really hot 2 door sports car that was just a pleasure to look at, but as we can see here everything that glitters ain't gold!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Ira ** at Camelback Hyundai service department is a service manager that could have done things differently today and actually helped a customer, but instead, he chose to not agree with the customer. In my case, I bought a Honda Sonata back in 2016 from Camelback Hyundai and my skid plate on my car came undone about 3 months ago. And instead of replacing the plate and damaged part they chose to use zip ties instead. The other day I was driving home from work and what would you know, those ties came loose and the plate fell. This time it completely came off along with the right wheel well cover leaving me on the freeway with rush hour traffic trying to get it without getting hit. He didn't even keep in mind or even consider that my life was at risk trying to retrieve a part.

Today they told me that they would not replace the plate as it was not of their doing, but see it was because they didn't properly secure it the first time, instead they used zip ties instead of real fasteners. This is the email I received from Ira today stating, "The temporary repairs lasted an excess of 8,000 miles, I would say you got your money’s worth which was zero cost to you, the consumer." WOW! As you can see they failed to replace the part and could have fixed this in the first place as he even stated "temporary fix".

I have a warranty on the vehicle, yet this is a supposed part that is not covered even though it is used to protect the engine from debris and keep other parts from damage. I am sorry Ira but you have failed in your customer service department. And instead of helping a customer with something that should have been covered you chose to present me with a cost for something that I had no control over, something you as a service department should have fixed right the first time. I will not be using Camelback Hyundai for any service from here on out and warn others to stay away as they don't truly care about the customer. This is how I received my car back today with missing clips that could have been secured and a hazard to me as a driver on the road.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I was in a no-fault accident February 25 2019. I had a small little crack on the driver side of the vehicle which triggered the airbag light to stay on in my vehicle reminder the airbags did not deploy. After waiting two months for the body collision to do the basic repairs my vehicle was sent to two Hyundai dealerships and neither dealership can figure out why the airbag light was still on. I called Hyundai corporate office. They put a hold on my vehicle for two weeks. They didn’t offer a loaner vehicle or a rental for the hassle and stress I been through and just told me to have the service center work on the vehicle. After being there for a month they did not reimburse me and I have a son with a disability and they did not make anything urgent or help my situation. The claim case was missed handled. My son been out of school for two months. Very disappointing!

Original review: May 28, 2019

My husband is a full time Uber driver & his income is extremely important for us because with my part time job we can’t afford to pay the our bills. Everything was quite good since he drove Hyundai Ioniq hybrid 2017 which helped us a lot to spend less on fuel but one day suddenly the car stopped without any warning sign and the Hyundai Kitchener towed it and we were advised that it’s a recall for Hybrid system so we thought it will take a week or two but omg it has been 4 months we didn’t get our car back!

Since this car was everything for us and my husband couldn’t do Uber with a rental car it has been 4 minutes we lost the income. He called thousand times for help & complain about the service to Hyundai Canada but they didn’t give a **, instead we were insulted that you should know the rules. We can’t do anything! We talked with a lawyer to sue the company for the income loss but the lawyer said these giant companies are protected by law we can’t help you. Seriously??

We bought this brand new car so expensive to face this day? We are facing a lot of problems and the loss of income for four months for a middle class family is the worst thing.. I’m writing this only to inform you people be very careful before purchasing any car from Hyundai, they don’t value their customers and treat you like **.. now I’m not gonna stop this complain and will even call some tv channels to show the reality of this company because the money we bought this car that was our ten years saving and lost everything. The worst company with worst service and very bad management with bad quality cars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: May 28, 2019

DO NOT LEASE FROM HYUNDAI. They have the worst customer service skills. 9+ weeks waiting for a response to get my registration renewal. It’s out since March and is nearly 1st June still nothing from them. Every day for a solid 5 weeks I called. I spoke to so many employees and managers every day. They told me a different lie every time, stay away from these guys. After reading reviews it seems they are known for stuff like this. Also I called the dealer in Norwood MA and they too did not respond to any of my calls. Finally today I received my registration and decal thanks to my insurance company. They requested a duplicate. If anyone else is having the same problem call your insurance company for help. I cannot wait until my lease is up so I never gotta deal with these guys again.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I bought a 2016 Rally Edition Veloster, I have had nothing but problems with it. I have already had to take it into a body shop to get the paint fixed twice and I am looking at more work now. I was told by the body shop that it’s not the issue with my paint but the metal underneath being defective. They gave me an estimate of approx $3000 to get this work fixed. Now no one from Hyundai or the dealership wants to help me out. I keep getting the same answer. Very disappointed since this isn’t my first Hyundai. It’s my 5th. So now I have a 2 year old car that is rusting from one end to the other. Oh yeah, forgot to mention it just got towed into the garage for the second time in a year for breaking down.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I leased a brand new a launch array in January 2019. I turn the air conditioning on for the first time in May 2019. The car had 1500 miles on it. And the air-conditioner did not work. I took it in for service and at first they told me something went through the front grill and destroyed. I leased a brand new Elantra in January 2019. I turn the air conditioning on for the first time in May 2019. The car had 1500 miles on it. And the air-conditioner did not work. I took it in for service and at first they told me something went through the front grill and put a hole in the air conditioning condenser. Since there was no evidence of anything flying through the front grill and there was no damage to my radiator the story changed and apparently it ricocheted and caused damage to the condenser.

Hyundai deemed it a non-warranty issue. Now I’m going to be charged $800 to fix it. I even took it to a different repair shop to ask their opinion. Those guys said they had no idea how this damage could have been caused without any evidence of any damage to anything else. Hyundai claims to have the best warranty in the industry. In my experience it’s all BS! I think somebody dropped the condenser and installed it anyway so that they could meet their quota. I will never buy another Hyundai again!

Original review: May 25, 2019

Got a lemon. 4/26/19 bought a Tucson. Less than 1 week it had to be towed in due to an antifreeze leak. The horn coil insulation was falling off. They fixed the leak but not the coil problem. Then another week passed and the vehicle would not exceed 40 miles per hour. The vehicle was towed in yet again. It has been in the shop over a week now. No one has given me an answer or solution. The paperwork has not been fully processed yet either. I received a renewal from motor vehicle for my old vehicle that I traded in. I received an email from my credit report stating my debt to income ratio was very poor because the new vehicle was added but the old one was not removed. Which means it was not paid off yet. I also received a letter from the credit union about the old vehicle needing extra coverage. I no longer have this vehicle and yet due to lack of submitted paperwork am being hassled.

I contacted Hyundai corporation and filed a claim. They were supposed to contact me this week and the week is over and I have heard nothing from anyone. Please save yourself a huge headache and buy a different vehicle. I guess the only way to resolve this is with a lawyer. Sad world we live in. No one seems to care about the consumer.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I am another person tricked by this dealership with the $50 test drive promotion. The salesman on site confirmed that the dealership does participate in the promotion AND he welcomed me to take part. He said that he, himself, received the $50. The salesman proceeded to say that he needed to take a copy of my drivers license. He also took my name and email address. He showed me a car on the lot but did not take me for a test drive. He said he had what he needed from me and his manager would process the promotion by the next day. I was supposed to receive it in an email.

After nothing happened I asked the manager and it was obvious they never had any intention of following though on promises. First the manager told me that I was not eligible because the promotion was only good for one person in each household. Of course that made no sense because no one in my household ever took part. Then he decided on another bogus excuse and said that the terms and conditions of the promotion allowed him to not participate. This is AFTER they TOOK my information under false pretenses. They took a copy of my ID. They took my email address. And since then, they have had the nerve to use my email address to send me junk email!! What they DID NOT DO is what they promised. As another person commented, it is obvious their "word" does not mean much. Be careful of this place. It's hard to tell what these guys are up to?? Better to stay away!

Hyundai Company Information