2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My new Hyundai Tucson 2019, 43000 kM, had transmission issue, they do not have parts to fix it, they do not know when the parts will be available, one week and still they do not have an idea when the parts will arrive, even it is under warranty, I called Hyundai directly, but they no information about expected arrival time for my car parts, useless and helpless, I do not recommend anyone to buy Hyundai in future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata.. Have had a ton of recalls that I have had to waste a ton of time at the dealership to get fixed. At little over 100,000 miles my engine started burning not leaking oil.. Brought it to Darcy hyundai in Joliet il... Told me I have to do an oil consumption test which I had to go there 6 more times to find out engine is burning oil.. Every mechanic told me I need a new engine but corporate hyundai even though they have had lawsuits over this make and model engine tells me I have to spend 1000.00 to do more tests...

Every week I have to refill oil so there is oil in the engine and few months later catalytic converter goes bad because of the oil burning which car stopped running on the expressway and had to get it towed... 1 problem after another problem... Corporate hyundai tells me I'm on my own and the converter costs over 1000.00 even tho the engine in that car was proven in court to be bad and replacing converter would not solve the original problem of the engine burning oil.... Stay away from hyundai or you will regret it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Purchased a Hyundai Kona in 2018, just over 30G miles while in Colorado the check engine light goes on (this is August 2020). Take the car to Boulder Hyundai, they have no real idea what is wrong with it, replace injectors, debris in engine, they don't know why.... Wont release car as it could be unsafe, all 4 pistons misfiring so bad that the steering wheel pulls aggressively to the right. Supposedly they fix it, I am told if "check engine" light comes back on, stop car immediately and have it towed in, as it is dangerous to drive.

Well Sept 7th, check engine light comes on again, steering wheel pulling aggressively again due to misfiring. I stop, have car towed in. Nalley Hyundai has had my car since 9/8/20. Replaced everything again, still same problem, they are in no rush to help, they have had my car for OVER 6 weeks, no clue what's wrong, I am completely at their mercy! Still making payments on car I cannot drive, they refuse to take it back and make it right. So I am paying on a car I have not driven in over 6 weeks and there is nothing I can do about it! Don't buy a kona! Don't buy a hyundai! They dont care at all and you as the customer have no advocate!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I have done Hyundai RSA certificate dt 07.05.20 for Grand i10 petrol form P.L.Motors, Jaipur Registration no. **. There was a break down on 03.10.20. I called their toll free no.18001024645 several times But no one responded. Why the company is extracting money from customers And not attending to their complaints and charging Rs 1205 for that. Company is cheating customers. My complain no. was **. Dt 03.10.20.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I have had four Hyundai's. Two now have had the engines go out. My 2012 Sonata Hybrid and my 2015 Elantra GLS. Ticking in the engine turns into a blown engine. They have only released recalls on the Sonata several years after I had to sell it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I will start with I love my car, it’s a beautiful blue, fits my family well and it is a delight to drive, when it worked, but I am saddened by how my newer vehicle had a catastrophic failure with all warnings and bells that are supposed to come in play, not work and leave my young child and I sit on the side of the road on a hot day, and then get the run around between corporate and the dealership. I am an essential worker and I must get to work and get my child to and from care daily. I am being told my car is listed as a rental car, um, we bought this car from a dealer for our family car. I work at an accounting firm, this car is not a rental. It gets my little family to and from point A to point B, so someone needs to correct this paperwork error which we have been asking for.

Second, I am being told that my vehicle’s warranty doesn’t move to the second owner yet. On our purchase paperwork it states in 1 place that we have the factory warranty with the purchase and in a second place it states in very large font, WARRANTY INCLUDED, the dealer will pay 100% of the labor and 100% of the parts for the balance of the factory warranty of 10 years or 100k miles. We had the vehicle towed to the dealer per what the engineer at corporate advised my husband to do. It has been a week and we are getting the run around on if anything will be fixed and if we can even get a loaner car.

We work overlapping times on the other sides of the county and cannot possibly share a vehicle. Unable to find rides every day, one of us had to miss multiple days of work dealing with this. My car is a 4 year old Hyundai Tucson that is equipped to warn you if you have low tire pressure, a door is ajar, oil is low and so on and so on. Somehow, no warning at all, and very on time oil changes, my car made an odd noise going up a hill, and then it died. The engine seized. How can something like that happen on a 4 year old car, less than 100k miles and none of its warnings throwing red flags and there wasn’t any codes either. Did I mention my husband is a mechanic. This is not normal and I don’t understand why we are getting the run around between the dealer and corporate. A loaner car should have been approved immediately along with the warranty work. I want to be able to continue enjoying my car that I’m still paying for. :(

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

My 2017 Hyundai ELANTRA that I bought new has 73,000 miles and the engine has blown up, We have service records HYUNDAI refuses to fix my car! It sat at the first dealership where we had it towed for SIX WEEKS after it overheated with NO WARNING! This dealership told me several different things were wrong with my car...Then they finally told me it could not be fixed it would have to have the Engine replaced. Dealership told me it WOULD be covered under warranty because we were under the 100,000. I asked to have it moved to what I thought was a more reputable dealership because of the length of time it took them to tell me what was wrong with my car and the different things they said were wrong with my car. I had lost faith in that dealership but at the time still had faith in Hyundai! We also had spent six weeks with no car!!

I was afraid dealership number one could not fix my car because they stated they only had one mechanic and were a much smaller dealership! Had car moved to second dealership who I thought was more reputable after they received it seven days later Hyundai CORPORATION is now saying it is NOT covered under warranty! So I was chastised for moving my vehicle From one dealership to the other! I have the same service records I gave to the second dealership that I gave to the first dealership where it was covered under warranty! If you can help in this matter please email me at **.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I have experienced one of the lowest quality customer care and service from the customer service department of Hyundai USA. I have cases open with them for the past 4 months. I am following up with the customer service department every week, and I have received a very poor unresponsive service from this department. Do not recommend this car manufacturer if you care about (and expect to receive) quality customer care and service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We have a 2019 Hyundai Kona with just under 20,000 miles on it. We purchased this vehicle for our daughter to go to work and school. The back seat has started to fail at the seams. Hyundai says it’s not defective and will not cover. I also have a Honda van that has 160,000 miles on it without a single seat issue. I will never purchase another Hyundai and will tell everyone I meet to avoid at all cost. Extremely pour customer service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Hyundai Palisade vehicles (2020-21) have a defect with a windshield causing them to crack from minimal impact and sometimes no impact at all. There are many reports of this all over the web. Hyundai however is refusing any assistance to consumers and denying that there is any issue at all. My windshield cracked and had to be replaced when the car had just 500 and it didn't even get hit. It was a detail shop getting cleaned, etc.. Hyundai should step and start taking responsibility plus reimbursing owners who already needed to have their windshields replaced and also offer free replacements for OEM glass going forward for many reasons:

1. Hyundai and Kia are related companies. Palisade and Telluride are related vehicles. Telluride has exactly same complaints regarding the windshield and Kia sent letters to all the owners saying this issue is being looked into and in the meantime offering free replacement and/or reimbursement if the windshield has to be replaced. Why isn't Hyundai doing the same?

2. Almost every single complaint on the NHTSA website is about the windshield. There are over 85. This is not a coincidence! See: **

3. I am sure you are also aware that there is a class action lawsuit about this same windshield issue. Again not a coincidence. There is a reason why there is a lawsuit.

Hyundai should do the RIGHT thing just like KIA is doing and reimburse owners for windshield replacements especially when they are cracking WITHOUT even being hit by anything. That is a defect in your product!

Hyundai Company Information