1.4/5 (60 ratings)
Get Pricing  on Carvana

About Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: April 13, 2022

Battery failure before 30,000 miles, starter failure, engine noise went from once every 3 weeks to every cold start. Took it to a dealer a couple times in Mentor Ohio, told me nothing's wrong with my car. Shared videos taken and still told me nothing was wrong with my car. Ask to listen to a new Kona with same engine, told they didn't have any cars to show me, stop back by 2 months later and seen a Kona, made me wait on my lunch hour. I went in and asked for a salesman, listen to the new Kona and showed salesman my videos and he said there was definitely a noise issue.

I am an ASE certified master mechanic. I showed my supervisor at work the car and he hears the noise, in fact everyone hears the noise and said there's an issue but the service manager at Hyundai tells me there's nothing wrong with my car. The car has 60,000 miles on it and is out of warranty because I bought it used. Warranty expires at $60,000 but I have documented problems since $27,000 miles. Hyundai warranty department case manager is very rude, tries to call me back when I'm at work at 10:30 in the morning after I repeatedly requested they call me at 2:30 p.m. and on, lies to me and tells me that she tried calling so I tried to call her back and cannot get a hold of her.

I requested a new case manager and they said they cannot give me a new case manager. They are dragging their feet, they also told me there is no issues with the Kona motors but they had ring problems with them. I will never buy another Hyundai product again, customer service is terrible and their warranty is terrible, they do not back their vehicles.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I bought A Hyundai Tucson From DutchMiller Hyundai and Chevy and it drank oil, it used 2 1/2 quarts in 3000 miles and 5 quarts in 5000 and Hyundai said that met their standards, they would not fix it. I called Hyundai and they made a case number and acted like they was trying to help me. They said they was going to work with DutchMiller and see about getting it fixed said they get them to run another oil consumption test and I just completed one and DutchMiller keep giving me a run around saying it was going to take a bunch of oil consumption test and still might not get fixed and if did it be a long time getting motor in it. I think it was a scare tactic to get me to sell back but anyway Hyundai should have fixed it, that was all I wanted was it fixed, I got scared and sold it to them and now I’m without a car. I will never do business with either one of them again.

Original review: April 5, 2022

2 months after I bought my new Tucson the panoramic sunroof exploded while driving 70 mph on the interstate. At first I thought something must have hit me but after researching it seems to be a common problem on the Sante Fe and Tucson models. I pulled into the dealership and they vacuumed out the glass for me and told me to file a claim through my insurance. They denied any defect and claimed it was an issue on the older models that have since been fixed. I'm concerned about using it again once it is fixed. Fortunately I was in my car alone at the time and not injured and pulled over right away but very shook up.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I am beyond disappointed and disgusted with the customer service and system that takes place for recall and warranty work. My engine light began flashing Friday morning and I instantly called my “home” dealership to inquire what to do. They said to pull over and not drive it any further and to contact roadside assistance to have it towed to the nearest Hyundai dealership. I did just that. My vehicle is a 2017, but purchased brand new March 2018. I am well under the 100,000 km/ 5 year warranty.

Once we arrived at the dealership to get things rolling, I was informed that my vehicle has an engine recall - thanks for the notice in the mail on that one, Hyundai - NOT. So that was a major surprise to hear. I get back to work and receive a phone call from service that my engine failed all diagnostic tests and that I needed a new engine altogether. I confirmed all my services have been done through Sherwood Park Hyundai, so they said, "Great, we’ll get them to send over your records and send everything off to Hyundai Canada for approval and get you a rental."

I expressed how much I required a rental, as I am 8 months pregnant and my husband is not available to be driving me to and from work. They told me by Monday or Tuesday they would know the status of the engine and we can do the rental car. I had to call Monday afternoon for an update, she informed me that nothing had been approved yet, but by Tuesday we’d know. I once again explain the need for the rental. Received no phone call Tuesday, so at 2:45 pm I called them, again. Once again told Hyundai Canada still didn’t approve the warranty for the engine. Not only is this a RECALL, but I am under warranty. They then said I could pay $40/ day for a rental through them and once warranty was approved, they’d take it over.

I asked if I’d be reimbursed, they said no. So Hyundai wants me to not only pay my bi-weekly payments on a vehicle I can’t drive, but also pay out of pocket for a rental when it should have already been dealt with and set up. RIDICULOUS. Having a vehicle gets me to my place of employment, which allows me to pay you people for the vehicle sitting in one of your dealerships waiting for an engine on a basically still new vehicle. They were not willing to a single thing to help me out. I will never be buying a Hyundai again. My husband is already looking at getting rid of his also due this service.

I owned 3 Chevy’s prior to the Tucson thinking it was a good move. Worst decision and full regret. Things started great with Hyundai and has plummeted over the years. Whenever my vehicle was in the shop with Chevy they ensured they had a fleet/lot vehicle available to me to drive. When I had to get warranty work done and they required to keep my vehicle for 3 days, they had a rental available to me instantly. Odd, they had no issue getting me in a rental ASAP. Hyundai, you are beyond disappointing and I am disgusted with your customer service.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Bought a 2012 Hyundai back in 2020 for my older daughter with 100,000 miles on it, she drove the car for 10,000 miles and the Piston Slap started to occur, drove it right to Hyundai - get the call the motor is bad, next call Hyundai will not cover it because you are the second owner, only covered for 80,000 miles but hey if you were the first owner there would not be a issue. First off who buys a car anymore with less than 100,000 miles and a ton of money. Even with the Class Action Lawsuit they are picking and choosing which engines they will replace. We are a Hyundai family. Have owned of 6 of them and sad but true this is our last, and I will never ever recommend one to anyone.

Stay away, don't make the same mistake as us, bought car for 5,000 and Dealership wants $9300 to replace the engine... This will never happen. Hyundai needs to go bankrupt and call it quits because they are not here trying to make it better for these 10's of thousands people that are out a car, plus money, time spent on making calls to corporate, filing complaints all over the place just to be told over and over and over you were denied. Just at the Dealership we are at over 5 other cars sitting there because they have denied.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Brought in my 2015 Hyundai Elantra for service, mechanic stated it needed an oil pump and an engine and it would take a month to fix. When I asked about a rental I was told that they had no cars. Tie my car up for a month and don't offer alternate transportation. Totally unacceptable. I will never purchase another hyundai ever again.

Original review: March 11, 2022

THE WORST!! I would choose zero stars for the review if it was an option! We financed our car from Hyundai Finance in November 2019 and waited 3 months to receive our title, but we never received it. We then relocated to another state and to be able to register our car, we needed our title. So, we requested a duplicate title from Hyundai in February 2020. We still haven’t received our title because Hyundai Finance fails to address our request properly every time for TWO YEARS. We have been sending countless checks and request letters to Hyundai Finance for them to request a duplicate title from the DMV for us, but they keep saying they haven’t received any checks, even though they are all delivered.

For two years now, we haven’t been able to register our car in the state we live in because of the incompetency of the Hyundai title department. There is no way to call the titles department or even send a direct email to them. We have been calling customer service for two years, asking them to send emails on our behalf to the title’s department. But still no action and no clear response!! They even sometimes hang up on me instead of addressing my concerns and requests. This is the WORST experience I’ve ever had with a company in my life!! BEWARE and stay clear of Hyundai Finance!!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I leased a 2021 Hyundai Kona EV from Hyundai November of last year. The vehicle has been giving me issues since, constant dashboard lights and issues with the electric vehicle system. After attempting to charge the vehicle at home, the vehicle would not charge at all. This occurred on January 28, 2022. I anticipate the issue would be due to weather and did not drive it for a few days. On February 1, 2022 I attempted to drive the vehicle and it would not pick up a charge. On the dashboard a check engine light displayed (Check Electric Vehicle System). The only charge left on my vehicle 19% of battery, roughly 58 miles of distance.

I contacted the dealership and explained my issue, and they stated I would have to tow the vehicle to their location, and incur towing fees at my own expense. I then contact a dealership that was much closer, and they scheduled me for service on February 22, 2022. After dropping the vehicle off, the service advisor contacted me 9 days later and explained to me that the vehicle has an issue with the electric vehicle system. He also advised me that the electric vehicle battery must be replaced, and the time frame for replacement is 5-7 months.

I contacted Hyundai Corporate and explained to them the issue. I advised them that I would like to have the vehicle purchased back from Hyundai due to its defect since the vehicle can not be repaired in a timely manner, and has a defective issue. I also explained to them that an issue with the battery concerns me, and I do not feel safe charging the vehicle at home knowing there is an issue with the battery, and there may be an issue with the replacement battery as well. The safety of myself and my family must be taken into consideration when dealing with an issue on a vehicle that is plugged into the electrical system of my home. Hyundai advised me that there is nothing they can do, and I am stuck with this vehicle. This entire situation has been an unforeseen nightmare.

I am at a lost for words at the experience that I have had with Hyundai Motor America. This is a new vehicle with roughly 5,000 miles, and I am being forced by Hyundai Motor America to continue to remain in a lease for vehicle their own employees have told me could be many months to repair. Hyundai Motor America is refusing to assist me in the matter knowing that the vehicle is a lemon, under New Jersey lemon law. I highly suggest anyone reading this to rethink to do business with Hyundai Motor America.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Overall, we were happy with our Hyundai Elantra. Decent gas mileage, very affordable Limited Edition with decent bells and whistles. Had a problem with the sunroof. Extended warranty fixed it, but overall, the extended warranty wasn't worth it. The car is too reliable for it to be needed! So I lost money on that.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I bought a 2011 Hyundai, I was the second owner. As I was going to work I pulled out onto a main highway where the motor made this horrible noise and stopped, leaving me in terrible danger. People helped me push the car to get it backed off to a bit of safety zone, I had to have it towed to a garage. This car had 82,000. miles on it, it seems the motor was gone. It was then towed to the dealership, where it sat for 4 months before anyone even took a look at it. I keep calling them frequently about it and was told, they had so many cars before me in line they didn't have time to work on it.

I had to find other means of transportation for work and other necessities. Only to be told because I was 2,000 over the second owners warranties that Hyundai refused to replace it. They had a class action suite against them, I was notified, but didn't have a problem at the time I was notified. Why would I spent $6,000 for a new one of their motors when the one I had was no good? I was told of others the same dealership that they had replaced motors with the overage mileage. I had expected to drive this car for at least 200,000 plus miles. Just goes to prove not all Lemons are yellow!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

There should be zero or negative star option for Hyundai finance. Their customer service is horrible. They take your money first but they will make you cry and suffer to the necessary document they need to provide you to get the charge of your vehicle. Their CS is horrible. no training, no respect for customer and flat out liars. When you complaint they just drop your call so you have to call them again and wait in line for hours. As you can see review after review and complaint after complaint which also reflect in their ratings but no improvement. I hope KARMA catches to them. Strongly recommend anyone to stay away from them. I would never buy Hyundai car so that I never have to deal with Hyundai Finance.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

If you happen to purchase a Hyundai that has an engine safety recall. You will not only be paying for the new engine Hyundai will be profiting from you. Hyundai has figured out how to make their customer pay for Hyundai's bad engineering. They charge you 6,000 dollars for a new engine that failed from their bad engineering. The engine that cost them 900 dollars. Great customer support make money from your customer because of your fault. To make it even better they will profit from it again because the new engine has the same problem. What a wonderful company. I work for their OEM. I know how much they pay for their parts.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Please put signal/turn lights on the taillights and not just the back bumper. Other drivers are used to seeing blinkers right on tail lights and not on the bumper. I understand this key point makes Hyundai different from other car brands, but I feel the location of blinkers should be universal for all cars regardless of the brand for safety reasons.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

We purchased a 2020 Hyundai Kona and drove it for approximately 12,000 miles. At that point, the transmission started lurching and the check engine light came on. We immediately took the car in to the dealer. After a week and a half calling almost every day to find out what was wrong, we were informed that the transmission had completely failed. Still under warranty, we had to wait another two weeks or so for Hyundai to approve the repair of a car with 12,000 miles. Obviously waiting for better than three weeks just to diagnosis the repair and get the green light for repair is absurd, but it gets so much worse. As you would expect, we called the dealer every couple of days to check in. 100% of our calls went to voicemail and the dealer returned our call about 1 out of every 4 times. We were finally told that Hyundai doesn't have the parts for repair and that they don't have any timeline for getting the parts.

At that point, we tried to work with Hyundai to get the car repurchased under our state lemon law. Our particular law states that cars under warranty are eligible for lemon status if they have been in the sop for greater than 30 days (cumulative) while under warranty. When we started working with Hyundai, we were already at nearly 60 days without the car. Hyundai took our information 3 separate times because they are apparently as bad at record keeping as they are at manufacturing and customer service, and then denied our request without providing a reason for the denial. We have now gone to the BBB to try and resolve the issue under their manufacturers' program. The BBB says that they generally resolve issues in 30 days, but we are weeks into the process and Hyundai hasn't even responded to the BBB complaint.

As of this writing, our car has been at the dealer for 72 days and we still have no idea when we may get it back or whether Hyundai plans to force us to sue them. Meanwhile, we are trying to figure out what to do to get out of this terrible purchase decision. I don't know what more I can say to warn you, but for the love of everything that is holly, do not buy a Hyundai. Maybe you will get lucky and your new Hyundai won't have a breakdown, but you really need to ask yourself if you can risk months without a car, should you have an issue. There are better options out there and you should take them. Hyundai is not worth the risk, I promise you!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

We just purchased a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy trim in Sep '21 because we loved that it had everything we were looking for in regards to safety, technology, and design. We paid $45k for it along with about $1,000 in fees and travel to pick it up. We were quite excited as this was our first brand new vehicle. 2 months into it, the transmission went bad and we brought it to Hyundai to find out what's going on as it was under warranty. Here's where things went further south.

Hyundai can't get parts to fix their brand new cars...and on top of that, why would a transmission already be bad? It has sat on their lot since Nov 30th, 2021. Last week we just got an offer to buy back the vehicle for more than 4k less than what we just bought it for and drove it for two months. They stated that our state allows for depreciation in Missouri for lemon laws and they can't help us, it is what it is.

During this time, cars have gone up because dealers are now charging a "mark up fee", so although they can claim depreciation, we can't claim "appreciation" on the car. So to get the same exact car we just bought, we now will have to pay 4-8k more for equivalent. It's horrible. And just for a "buyer beware" situation, Hyundai will no longer replace your car with an equivalent one "substitution for collateral equity". They stopped replacing them with like cars because they're manufacturing so few that anything they make has to go to dealers to get top value for them.

Point being for this review is that although Hyundai makes a great car much of the time, if you have any problems at all, there are concerns of finding parts for repairs, and if it's unrepairable, plan on a huge deduction for a buyback. Good luck out there from a very unhappy customer who just lost 4-8k on a brand new vehicle, and now I have to go find a replacement on my own.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

We have a 2010 Accent and bought Hyundai dealership parts (tire sensors) and had a Hyundai dealership install the parts and two were defective but I didn't find out until driving the car home. I had to pay the dealership to take out the two bad sensors and reinstall the old parts until they found (4) working. I incurred several hundred in cost for the defective parts and the maintenance charges to deal with the defective parts. Customer service made me jump through hoops with documentation (which I provided) and then more documentation (which I provided) then more documentation including title/license copies?

I finally lost my patience after months and had to file a small claims case. Their CA offices are apparently closed so I cannot serve their legal dept? I wrote a letter to their legal dept November 22, 2021 and haven't heard anything from anyone at Hyundai. In the mean time I'm out $700 + dollars since July, 2021. What kind of treatment is this for their defective parts?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Brought my 2015 Santa Fe in the middle of March 2021 after my mechanic reported engine issues. Dealership refused me at the door, after waiting an hour, and said there was no sound. 7months later, problem obviously worsens, and this time - wow, they found the same problem I reported 7 months prior. Did I mention my 6 year old vehicle only had 55,000 miles at the time I first reported this? What kind of quality engine starts fading at 55,000 miles - especially when the vehicle is primarily used to shuttle children to and from activities. Since it was bought used and past the warranty mileage of used cars (which why should the 100,000 mile warranty vary based on a car being used or new - perhaps because they know they can screw more people with said advertising?), Hyundai would only offer us 65% which might be okay if Hyundai engines weren’t 25,000$ (Are they using gold or some other precious gems in there?).

What I’m also struggling with is the fact that smaller model Hyundai engines are being recalled left and right and totally covered. Well my semi larger sibling to these recalled vehicles is also experiencing this engine issue, so I beg you to consider this is an issue outside the smaller suv. The story doesn’t end there - so stay with me…

Just over 2 months later (and a few days after completing a rating they sent me - ironic?), I hear back from the manager. They want to help me out - can you believe that!! I thought 2022 was going to be my year (despite Covid still going on and both my children having a stomach bug at the time of the call). There was one catch. Corporate would be more likely to work with me, IF I was willing to rescore them “as an act of good faith.” Well what fool would rescore them without a new offer proposed? You guessed it - this fool. In my defense, I wanted to know the percentage before rescoring, but of course that wasn’t possible since the higher ups had to make that offer. I figured - what do I have to lose?

A month of me calling almost daily to find out what rescoring did for my problem resulted in nothing. Nada. Not a fraction of a difference because I don’t get my car serviced there and some other **. Which is ironic since their mechanics were the ones who didn’t notice the problem after my mechanic sent me there (now more than 10 months ago). Any respect for Hyundai (do you really find it acceptable for your engines to die at 55,000 miles?), any hope that they cared about their customer safety (I mean who would want their family driving in a vehicle that could leave them stranded after 55,000 miles), are lost. I am deeply disappointed with how much time I have wasted trying to work with a company that in my option is a scam. I’ve requested another rescore - think it’ll come as quick as it did the last time??

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

My brand new 2022 leased Hyundai Tucson is quoted to get up to 35 mpg on Hyundai's website. I have proof of 14-16 mpg. Dealership won't look at car because a 'Light" isn't on. Manager hung up and general manager said call Hyundai. Another option was to face penalty to turn the lease in and pay to lease another. This car is a lemon and you can't get any help.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

This will be my LAST Hyundai. I will EVER buy. I just wish I have a bigger audience to advertise what a fraudulent auto company this is. You will NOT get this from Honda or Toyota. I got this vehicle (2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited) NEW. After 8 yrs of driving it, I lost the 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty because I just went beyond the 100,000. So on the last week of 2021, I nearly got stuck in the highway because the car would not accelerate and it was jerking all along. I quickly pull over to the side of the break down lane. My car was towed to the nearest Hyundai dealership that I can find. Due to a lot of people having trouble with their cars, the dealership told me I had to wait for 3 weeks before they have a chance to check my car. Then, I ask if they can give me a loaner car while this car is in service. This dealership like other Hyundai dealerships that I have worked with told me that they cannot.

I read other feedbacks from people who gave their ratings here. I noticed there were many people with the same experience I had to go through with regards to a no loaner policy. I owned Honda in the past and no matter what condition my car is, Honda and its dealerships would NEVER let me go without a loaner. I even told the Hyundai dealership that I have an 80+ yr old parent I need to take care of and bring her to see the doctors often. I need a vehicle at all time but still, there is no luck. Now, i understand that maybe my vehicle's issue is due to wear and tear. But still, if there is a RECALL, I would expect to get a loaner. NO way. no loaner even with recalls. And this vehicle had a TOTAL of 6 recalls! None of the recalls provided me with a loaner.

What Hyundai asked is to have you save your receipts and ask for compensation in its online Hyundai USA system. DO NOT TRUST IT. Why? First, they tell you that they need 180 days to process it. Think about it.. 180 days to process a claim??? I submitted my rental in the past with everything including my receipts to them and you know what I got? After waiting for more than 180 days on one claim, I contact them. The lady on the other end told me the claim was denied and rejected. I said why? She just told me there was a mix up. But I personally did NOT EVEN get any notification of the rejection.

Really, don't bother submitting a claim. You will not get a DIME from them. They will find every way to deny it even if it is a legitimate claim. if Hyundai has a No loaner policy, at least make the vehicles reliable. I have only 108,000 miles in my car. This auto company should be ashamed of themselves for making junks and unsafe vehicles for consumers and expect the consumer to pay for their mistakes. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HYUNDAI. I don't understand why people here would give them a 4 or 5 star rating. Well, they shall know what I mean once they go beyond 100k miles in their vehicles. Perhaps they will regret that they praise this unprofessional company; and one last point if people do not know already, THIS IS NOT A JAPANESE COMPANY. This is a Korean company and it STILL has a reputation for making BAD CARS.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Purchased a used 2015 Santa Fe because of good reviews and reliability, or so I thought; unbeknownst to me the vehicle had recall and service campaign issues after class actions alerted the public to defective engines produced for many years, known to cause dangerous engine failures and fires. A former Hyundai engineer whistleblower was awarded over $200 million for alerting about the engines in production which had massive safety concerns. Many consumers had dangerous engine failures but end up being told their necessary engine replacement is not covered due to loopholes or their lack of installing a bandaid fix; software that does not fix the engine but it merely is meant to alert the driver if engine failure is due to happen.

Many consumers are told "Not covered because service campaign was not performed to install software" which was a bandaid fix anyway. The software does not fix the defective engine...it simply is installed to "hopefully" alert you if the defective engine fails. Whether it has the bandaid software installed or not...if the defective engine fails, Hyundai needs to cover the replacement engine.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

This complaint is in regards to the Hyundai customer service team. I have been in contact with several associates and managers, concerning a state to state transfer of my vehicles registration since November 19th, 2021. On November 19th, 2021, I contacted the team (via (800) 523-4030) to ask the best course of action for receiving, completing and returning the required documentation for this request. I was advised to mail in the documentation, to the overnight office located at the following address: 5505 N. Cumberland Ave., Ste 307 Chicago, IL 60055-4301.

The package was delivered on Nov 22, 2021 at 9:48 am and signed for by an associate. After not receiving any follow up, I contacted the team again on December 9th, 2021 to confirm delivery. No confirmation was provided and I was told they would be following up with their partners in Chicago. I followed up again on December 17th and the 27th, still no answer or record of previous conversations. On the 27th I resubmitted the state to state transfer request via email/secure message. I was referred to the escalations department and have followed up 5 times since as resent the email once. Including today. There is still no record of notes from previous conversations or requests previously sent.

Today I asked for a 4th submission via secured messaging, a copy of my title and for yet another email to be sent to the titles and complaints department. None of which has taken place. I am currently paying monthly for a vehicle I cannot legally operate, due to the customer service team's blatant neglect for the last 2 months. Each time I call I have to repeat this story. Enough is enough.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Great customer service. Ahmed worked with us and ultimately we walked out of there with a new Kona. Tom sealed the deal working his magic with the numbers. Definitely would recommend this dealership for first class service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

So I bought out my lease for a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition. I have reported numerous times to Hyundai’s customer care team and the Hyundai case management team, about the engine problems I have been having such as oil consumption and the intermittent stalling on roadways. The intermittent stall has almost gotten me into an accident numerous times and I almost got killed at an intersection from it stalling. I have brought my vehicle in into dealerships for inspection and servicing. Hyundai USA does nothing about it and simply brushed me off.

Currently I have been out of a vehicle for over a week now since the check engine light came on and I am having problems with the ECM. My vehicle is at 104000 miles and the problems started at 70k miles. I have been in and out of mechanic shops to get it fix and it still has problems. I have requested to Hyundai underpins times that it needs a new engine and they just ignore my complaints and requests. If you are looking into purchasing a car I would never look at a Hyundai for the safety of yourself and your family. Please look elsewhere. I’m still making payments on a non working piece of junk. Please don’t be a victim. Look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I am so upset Hyundai do not seem to be concern about me not being able to get around. Hyundai got my car, they have to replace my motor, they say they do not have a loaner and tell me to rent a car for two months and they will reimburse me. I have told them several times I cannot afford to do that and pay my car notes. They reached out to me with several lies but closed my account. They say someone will contact me after I contacted them again and it's been a week and no one have reached out yet. If they would tell people ahead of time they have some things that goes wrong with the motor many people wouldn't waste time with Hyundai. But I with others will make sure no one else get helmed up like this because this is a burden that we carry without the care of Hyundai. So on every social media page, emails, and in our advertisements with the different companies we will mention how poorly Hyundai took care of us.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I have a santa fe sport and sonata purchased within 1 year of each other. There have been several warranty issues on both cars. The company is horrible to deal with. MOst recently I called the company because of the issues I had with the dealership and they were no help because the dealerships are all independent, but the next closest dealership is over 1 hour away and you have to go to a dealer for warranty issues. When I spoke to their customer service about rental reimbursement for warranty issues, they said they do that, but don't guarantee (since it may not be a warranty issue and they don't know for sure until the car is fixed).

I asked if there was a certain type of car I needed to rent and they said no and said it would be ok to get something similar to the car I own and that would be considered when issuing reimbursement. So I got a mid size SVU rental because I have a santa fe sport and then they would only reimburse about half of what I paid. If they would have been up front with me and said, the max we reimburse is $** then I would have tried to find a cheaper rental. So my warranty repair cost me over $200 in rental fees.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

After having a HORRIBLE experience with the Hyundai of North Charleston Dealership in North Charleston, SC (See my review there also) my car was fixed after 3 WEEKS and I was left without having any vehicle for work. I am in sales and work in the field where an automobile is a NECESSITY! That's why I bought NEW for dependability! My car was still under warranty and only needed a battery & starter (this took 3 weeks). I only had 39k miles.

Hyundai customer care REFUSED to pay for a rental car for me and the dealership said NO loaners were available. I was only able to rent a car for 2 days and submitted paperwork for reimbursement and was only offered $150 for the rental when I had to pay almost $300 for the rental for 2 days on an economy size car! Hyundai would not even offer the FULL amount for my 2 DAY RENTAL! Wow! I was told that if I rented a car...Hyundai would reimburse me and turns out this was another MAJOR Letdown from this whole Hyundai ordeal!

It's a very good thing (only 1 out of this whole story) that I was not able to rent a car for the 3 weeks...because I would have not gotten ALL my $$ back which would have been a DOUBLE loss of money $$ for me being out of work for 3 weeks AND not having received a FULL Rental car reimbursement! I totally feel disrespected and was treated like my business was of VERY LITTLE VALUE to them. This was my 2nd Hyundai purchase...but after this ordeal...I am DONE with Hyundai...the corporate office seems to be WORST than this dealership! Nobody seems to care in this company as a whole except SELLING you their CAR! :-( RUUNNN!!!!

Very Disgruntled Loyal Hyundai Customer,

Sybil

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The paint on the hood and roof bubbles and peels after 4 years. Hyundai is aware of the problem, there was a class action filed against them. They refuse to cover this repair under warranty. This is clearly a defect, not normal wear and tear. My dealer refused to help, told me to go elsewhere. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

While driving down a busy highway, my engine went out. After having it towed to the local service department I was told it would be two weeks.. 8 weeks later my car is still not fixed and every week they tell me they don't have time to get to it. I can no longer afford a rental and I am in jeopardy of losing my job, I am to travel between three locations and can not possibly do that now. Today I received a recall on my engine, how are they just now sending me that??? I can not believe I am being treated so poorly. How is it that a company can sell you a piece of crap and then give you the run around on getting it fixed..

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

As far as I’m concerned this is an outstanding vehicle. I read everything that everybody’s got to stay on it and as far as I’m concerned it’s an awesome vehicle. It’s got a lot of power too. Only thing is mine's a Vera Cruz Limited and that means parts are not that easy and you can’t get all of it over the counter at your average auto parts store. That would be the only thing.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I brought my 2021 Hyundai Kona EV to Lithia Hyundai of Reno because my emergency braking and adaptive cruise control warning light were on. The dealership said that I damaged the radar under the front bumper, and it also took them three separate visits to fix the issue. Finally, I spoke with Hyundai corporate, and they said once the dealership mechanic makes a call about a problem, they can not change it even though I sent them pictures of the car with zero damage. There is a small scrape on the bumper that the dealership is saying broke an $800 part. I asked Hyundai corporate if I could send the part to their engineering team, and I even offered to pay the shipping, but they said no. I explained that they should be very concerned that if what the dealership is saying happened to be correct, you would think they would want to investigate why, but they still didn't care.

Hyundai Company Information