2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5
Based on 1,784 ratings submitted in the last year

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I purchased a 2020 Sonata Ltd 1.6 Turbo in March 2020. Since day one the engine has had a burning smell and I’m wondering how many other Sonata owners are dealing with this. I’ve taken the car in 5 times. They’ve done pressure checks for leaks, reached out to other Hyundai service centers and gone over the car with a fine tooth comb without finding the problem. I reached out to Hyundai Consumer Affairs who basically told me to live with it. So I’m asking, if there are any other 2020 Sonata owners with this problem, don’t let the service center tell you the smell will go away because it won’t. Call their Consumer Affairs at 1-800-633-5151 and lodge a complaint.

I paid almost $40k for a car that I can’t even park in my garage because the smell is so bad and Hyundai won't address my problem. Also, if you’re thinking of buying a Sonata be sure to turn it on, raise the hood and put your nose down near the radiator. If you smell that burning coolant, WALK AWAY!! So so disappointed in Hyundai.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have been a Hyundai customer for many years. Fortunately, I have only had to call for roadside assistance a couple of times. They were courteous and prompt. Even when I had some personal technical difficulties, they were patient and understanding. They did follow up calls to make sure that the service was satisfactory and complete. Very organized and very professional.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Worst ever service:

1) Got the delivery late by couple months.
        2) No one ever picks up the phone at the dealership.
        3) They force you to do the insurance from the dealership.

4) The insurance claim process takes too long (15 days for a minor scratch).

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

When we purchased our 2020 Venue we had no idea there were no parts. We had to wait so long for our snow tires that we got into an accident. The car has been at the autobody for over a month because Precision Hyundai says they have no parts. Heaven only knows when we will get our car returned or how long we will have to wait to get the snow tires installed. They were wonderful until we purchased the car. Then no service. I would never purchase another Hyundai.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I have asked their head office five times to answer one simple question about whether their warranty is affected if the vehicle had been modified for a disabled person. Each time they send a stupid response which appears to indicate they never even bother to read the question. Would I consider buying one of their cars? Not a chance. I would rather walk!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I called Bluelink using my vehicle's call button. The back of my vehicle was open because my husband was looking at the flat from a nail I had ran over (which by the way the vehicle worked great to alert me of the issue) and the gentleman on the phone expressed verbally his frustration for having an issue hearing me. He then proceeded to ask me why I had called since someone was already working on it (my husband). Then he hung up on me. Had he stayed on the line I could have explained that we couldn't find the key for the lug nuts. This was a terribly disappointing experience for the first time using this service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I purchased a new 2018 Hyundai Kona. After 15000 miles I needed a new transmission (it was covered) however my dealership did not have loaner cars so I had to pay for a rental, pay for Uber to get the rental, pay for the uber from the rental to pick up the car. Then to my surprise at 20000 miles I needed 2 new tires (which had 0 coverage). I was told to call Good Year. They covered the tire warranty.... Well 400.00 later I had 2 new tires for no reason except they were worn out!!! Hyundai basically said, "Oh well!!!" So the wonderful warranty they shove down your throat when you are looking is not all it is cracked up to be! BEWARE.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

When I'm looking for buying 2020 Tucson, Hyundai College Park sales person who name is Sharon ** contacted me that they have a 2020 Tucson value and gave me a confirmation with good price. But when I be there in appointment time they do not have that car and show me another car with higher price. Sales manager said me just had been sold out what I want, Even nobody said me sorry. l lost my time and very disappointed. I want let everybody know who want to buy new Hyundai car be careful as like this tricky sales in Maryland college park Hyundai dealer shop.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My new Hyundai Tucson 2019, 43000 kM, had transmission issue, they do not have parts to fix it, they do not know when the parts will be available, one week and still they do not have an idea when the parts will arrive, even it is under warranty, I called Hyundai directly, but they no information about expected arrival time for my car parts, useless and helpless, I do not recommend anyone to buy Hyundai in future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata.. Have had a ton of recalls that I have had to waste a ton of time at the dealership to get fixed. At little over 100,000 miles my engine started burning not leaking oil.. Brought it to Darcy hyundai in Joliet il... Told me I have to do an oil consumption test which I had to go there 6 more times to find out engine is burning oil.. Every mechanic told me I need a new engine but corporate hyundai even though they have had lawsuits over this make and model engine tells me I have to spend 1000.00 to do more tests...

Every week I have to refill oil so there is oil in the engine and few months later catalytic converter goes bad because of the oil burning which car stopped running on the expressway and had to get it towed... 1 problem after another problem... Corporate hyundai tells me I'm on my own and the converter costs over 1000.00 even tho the engine in that car was proven in court to be bad and replacing converter would not solve the original problem of the engine burning oil.... Stay away from hyundai or you will regret it.

Hyundai Company Information