Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Hyundai Santa Fe is the company's first SUV and was released in 2001. Read more Hyundai reviews to learn about other models.

Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I originally purchase a Hyundai Santa Fe in 2005 and was very happy with my purchase, so much so that in 2008 I upgraded to a 2008 with the bigger motor. I am still driving the '08 and still happy with the performance, nothing major has ever gone wrong, other than the usual maintenance issues which will eventually crop up. I always thought I would upgrade to the Vera Cruz, but alas as I am retired I just cannot afford the $40,000 price tag. If you are thinking of a newer vehicle, I would recommend that you take one for a drive for yourself.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I just purchased this vehicle a few weeks ago. Overall I'm very pleased with the handling, the safety features and the fuel economy. I really wanted a vehicle that I could turn on and have the headlights on automatically. That is a big safety feature in my opinion. It has lane assist, lane departure warning, back up camera and hill assist. I tested that out in San Francisco on damp roads last night, worked great. It's very comfortable, and while it's not a large SUV there is plenty of room for everyone. The backseats fold down and make a larger cargo area, and when up there is a detachable cargo cover to hide whatever you may have from being seen in the back window.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Nice smooth ride. Any recalls are cared for immediately without the consumer having to bring to the service' attention. Price too high for the vehicle, especially for such few options (at ea. price point). The vehicle I traded in, cost less brand new with far more options on it than the "luxury" version of the used Sport purchased. It doesn't hold a lot of things and it can't carry anything longer than 6 ft. front to back. Passengers like the smooth ride. Easy getting in and out. Front seats easy to move. Back seats are really difficult to move. Good storage areas.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This vehicle is one of the most comfortable I've been able to drive! Plenty of leg room, comfortable seating and, with the added bells and whistles, a VERY good vehicle! I admit to having a heavy foot and this car handles perfectly, in ALL kinds of weather, including hurricanes! I drove this at work, (yes,it's a company car) and my next vehicle will be a Hyundai Santa Fe. The gas mileage is great, has great handling, and seems a bit more solid than some other vehicles. Very quiet running, and if you can't tell, I loved the car!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I traded a Cadillac CTS for my 2015 Santa Fe Sport Turbo AWD five years ago. It rides as well or better than the Caddy. While it is not quite as quick as the CTS was it is not slouch. It is well optioned and comfortable. When it comes to driving on icy, snowy or slushy roads, it is a champ! At those times I lock the AWD in and it is one of the most stable and secure cars I’ve ever driven when controlling or during accident prevention maneuvers. I would recommend the car to anyone who asked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai Santa Fe?

Resolution response: March 6, 2020

Working with Hyundai Dealer who is taking care of issue with Hyundai Finance. Didn’t enjoy the experience or time involved, but will live with the final result.

Original review: March 6, 2020

My wife and I traded in a Leased 2016 Hyundai Tucson Sport (w/ low mileage - 15K) on 11/15/19 and purchased a NEW 2020 Santa Fe on that same date. We didn’t realize that after dealer got the payoff from Hyundai Finance, that it was our responsibility to contact finance company to stop the monthly automatic lease payments from being taken from our bank account. On 11/15 and then again on 12/15 we had 2 additional payments taken after the leased vehicle was PAID OFF ON 11/15/19.

Hyundai Finance refuses to refund our 2 - Payments. We feel that the dealer should have informed us that it was our responsibility to contact the finance company to stop the auto payments and they should have handled the refund process since my family has been loyal Hyundai customers for 18 years having leased 2 cars and purchased 7. I’ll never do business with Hyundai Finance and I will never purchase another Hyundai.

Original review: March 5, 2020

1. I am writing this in regards to the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered dealing with Hyundai! I experienced a malfunction on my 2014 Hyundai Santa back in October 2019, I had just luckily dropped my great granddaughter off at work, when my car completely shut down and went off to the side of the road. I had it towed to the Gurley Leep dealership, out of my own pocket. They told me there was a recall on the engine. I got a rental. Now in a 90 day period I had talk to Hyundai on numerous occasions about getting reimbursed for my rental, that I used my credit card for, and all they could tell me was that everything was still in process. Just a few weeks ago I called again, and someone finally told me that they were waiting on my credit card statement, that I needed to send that in. THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT BEFORE WHEN I WAS CALLING! I FAXED EVERYTHING! AND STILL NOTHING!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I have had nothing but issues with the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe that I bought. We purchased one in Dec. Had it 3 weeks and the dealership had it 4 weeks trying to find out why it has condensation issues. They traded vehicles with me. Same type, different vehicle. Had it 4 days and already condensation creeping on the inside while it sits in the parking lot. Anyone who has Asthma DO NOT BUY because it will cause you problems later on down the road. The Palmers Hyundai dealership of Mobile AL claims they can do nothing. The company will probably do nothing. BUYER BEWARE. You will more than likely have issues. This company has reviews since 2010 of this type issue. I wish I had seen it before I bought!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe 2019 and have had it in the repair shop three times due to safety issues with drivers assist not working and head unit. Almost got into two major traffic accidents and have had to be inconvenienced with taking car in repeatedly. Called corporate office and they said to contact Better Business Bureau and would not help me in any way to get a vehicle that is safe. I have had the vehicle less than three months and it has been extremely frustrating having a vehicle that is not safe to drive and having to have a brand new vehicle in the repair shop for weeks at a time. Extremely upset new Hyundai customer.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Car sat in driveway for 1 1/2 days. Came out to drive it and back window was shattered. No rock or branch around. Checked house cameras - no incident noted. On Day I did drive vehicle before, glass was intact. No chips or cracks. No obvious reason for glass to spontaneously shatter. Safelite out to replace. Technician told me he has seen before. Could be related to short in heating element. It was 51 degrees outside & rear window defrost had not been used at all prior to event. Reported to Hyundai Customer Affairs. 2015 Sante Fe Sport.

Hyundai Santa Fe Company Information