2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Hyundai Santa Fe is the company's first SUV and was released in 2001. Read more Hyundai reviews to learn about other models.

Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I originally purchase a Hyundai Santa Fe in 2005 and was very happy with my purchase, so much so that in 2008 I upgraded to a 2008 with the bigger motor. I am still driving the '08 and still happy with the performance, nothing major has ever gone wrong, other than the usual maintenance issues which will eventually crop up. I always thought I would upgrade to the Vera Cruz, but alas as I am retired I just cannot afford the $40,000 price tag. If you are thinking of a newer vehicle, I would recommend that you take one for a drive for yourself.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I just purchased this vehicle a few weeks ago. Overall I'm very pleased with the handling, the safety features and the fuel economy. I really wanted a vehicle that I could turn on and have the headlights on automatically. That is a big safety feature in my opinion. It has lane assist, lane departure warning, back up camera and hill assist. I tested that out in San Francisco on damp roads last night, worked great. It's very comfortable, and while it's not a large SUV there is plenty of room for everyone. The backseats fold down and make a larger cargo area, and when up there is a detachable cargo cover to hide whatever you may have from being seen in the back window.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Nice smooth ride. Any recalls are cared for immediately without the consumer having to bring to the service' attention. Price too high for the vehicle, especially for such few options (at ea. price point). The vehicle I traded in, cost less brand new with far more options on it than the "luxury" version of the used Sport purchased. It doesn't hold a lot of things and it can't carry anything longer than 6 ft. front to back. Passengers like the smooth ride. Easy getting in and out. Front seats easy to move. Back seats are really difficult to move. Good storage areas.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This vehicle is one of the most comfortable I've been able to drive! Plenty of leg room, comfortable seating and, with the added bells and whistles, a VERY good vehicle! I admit to having a heavy foot and this car handles perfectly, in ALL kinds of weather, including hurricanes! I drove this at work, (yes,it's a company car) and my next vehicle will be a Hyundai Santa Fe. The gas mileage is great, has great handling, and seems a bit more solid than some other vehicles. Very quiet running, and if you can't tell, I loved the car!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I traded a Cadillac CTS for my 2015 Santa Fe Sport Turbo AWD five years ago. It rides as well or better than the Caddy. While it is not quite as quick as the CTS was it is not slouch. It is well optioned and comfortable. When it comes to driving on icy, snowy or slushy roads, it is a champ! At those times I lock the AWD in and it is one of the most stable and secure cars I’ve ever driven when controlling or during accident prevention maneuvers. I would recommend the car to anyone who asked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai Santa Fe?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe 2019 and have had it in the repair shop three times due to safety issues with drivers assist not working and head unit. Almost got into two major traffic accidents and have had to be inconvenienced with taking car in repeatedly. Called corporate office and they said to contact Better Business Bureau and would not help me in any way to get a vehicle that is safe. I have had the vehicle less than three months and it has been extremely frustrating having a vehicle that is not safe to drive and having to have a brand new vehicle in the repair shop for weeks at a time. Extremely upset new Hyundai customer.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Car sat in driveway for 1 1/2 days. Came out to drive it and back window was shattered. No rock or branch around. Checked house cameras - no incident noted. On Day I did drive vehicle before, glass was intact. No chips or cracks. No obvious reason for glass to spontaneously shatter. Safelite out to replace. Technician told me he has seen before. Could be related to short in heating element. It was 51 degrees outside & rear window defrost had not been used at all prior to event. Reported to Hyundai Customer Affairs. 2015 Sante Fe Sport.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I love the Santa Fe's versatility especially in winter conditions, it drives nice and handles steadily. It's not that great on gas mileage but overall performance competes with most mid ranged SUVs. The feel in the interior is classy and sleek especially with the leather interior, the back up Camera makes backing easy.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I had a good experience overall and I would definitely recommend buying an Hyundai. Very reliable and affordable. I have been driving the car for over four years and I have been to some amazing cities including Cleveland, Cincinnati and more.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Overall well made and well thought out. Nice car. Very quiet ride. Good gas mileage. Nice electronic package. Storage room is great. This is our third Santa Fe and it appears to be the best so far.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Hyundai Santa Fe Company Information