GMC Canyon

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A quality vehicle for the price in comparison to similar vehicles in this particular category. Would highly recommend this model to anyone. This vehicle was a highly dependable vehicle for everyone in the family who drove it. We made sure to service it on schedule and took excellent care which aided in the life of this vehicle. It was a bright red and had nice, prominent trim to set off the look. We had shiny wheels and attractive tires to complement the look of this vehicle. This vehicle was a very durable vehicle for the number of miles it endured. Although we babied it, it was capable of taking on any type of road or terrain.

Small truck with good gas mileage & still plenty of room. Like having a car and truck all in one. Has a higher resale value. Smooth riding. Starts every time you turn the key on with no problems. Takes you anywhere you want to go. Good to haul small items in. Looks like a small truck with a very nice appearance. Easy to keep clean & wash regularly. Will look good for years to come if taken well care of. Tires make it look bigger than it is. Very happy with the toughness of the truck. Can pull a small load with no problems & with very little gas use.

The overall design of the vehicle is great to look at and the interior is beautiful The performance of this vehicle is beyond reproach. It would stand along many other vehicles in performance, miles per gallon and every day use. This is a very good looking designed vehicle that looks great and have received many compliments when driving this vehicle. Many of my friends have wanted to borrow this vehicle. The durability of this vehicle is great. I have had very little maintenance of this vehicle at all. The only thing I have had to do with this vehicle is change the oil and routine maintenance.

It has been great. Enjoy riding it. Not much rust. Thought it was beautiful when I first saw it. Paid it off. Bought it new off the showroom floor and drove it. Had very little breakdowns. One major. Needed one head gasket. And I would definitely buy another one someday. Doesn't have to be new, a used one would be fine. I definitely would recommend you to buy one. Chevy is very dependable vehicle. When I first saw it I fell in love with it. It was red and black in color. I kept it waxed at least twice a year and kept up on the maintenance. It didn't have any rust for about 10 to 12 years. It was very durable. I drove it all over the city and on vacation for ten years. Took it to Florida, west coast, Washington wheat to the east coast, Washington Dc.

As a high school student, it brought me the freedom to go wherever I needed to go. I drove to school, to pick up my siblings, run errands, etc. It always got me where I needed to go. I drove the vehicle for years and never once did I experience any problem serious enough that I needed to bring it into a mechanic shop for work. It ran very smooth for the time that I had it. It was not the most beautiful of vehicles, but it seemed just fine to me. There were no dents, no scratches. It didn't look brand new, but it did not look like a clunker either. Honestly, I was just happy to have any vehicle. It lasted years without any issues. I drove the vehicle daily and never experienced any issues. If it were not for the fact that I moved halfway across the country, I would still have it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Canyon?

It is great for running errands and hauling smaller loads. Getting kids around and keeping all the sports gear I need around and with the mileage it gets, it's pretty economical as well. Good engine, pretty powerful for what it is used for. Wouldn't be able to tow large trailers, but it can handle most things and keep the family going. Good style and well made, easy to navigate inside with great color combos and is timeless enough to stay in the family for years to come. I have had the truck for almost 7 years now and have not had any major problems. Almost all my money has been spent on normal maintenance and upkeep.

Has been very valuable. It's a great ride and has hauled many things for me and taken me on several road trips and it easily tows my boat and camper. Overall it is an excellent truck. Great fuel mileage and more than enough power to haul materials for home projects and tow my boat and trailer with things too large to fit in the bed of the truck. The truck is stylish and customizable. You can make this truck look like an extension of your personality or leave it as it came from the factory and the truck will look equally as good. One of the most durable trucks I have owned. The truck has 150,000 miles and still rides, drives and runs as well as the day it was purchased. To me that's a very durable truck.

Handles the cold weather well. Fun to drive, little or no repairs, is a vehicle you would be proud to drive, fun easy fast reliable. Looks different from other vehicles. It has the power to drive in snow sleet rain. Accelerates well in traffic. Great on the highway or country roads. It's a car I'm proud to own, it has lots of style and charisma. Great color. Perfect interior seats that are comfortable on long rides or a short trip to the store, has lots of cargo room for all the things you need to take with you. With three kids the interior hold up to almost anything.

Good gas mileage. Plenty of room in the extra cab and bed looks good. Plenty of power. Looks good. Good visibility. Handles good. Hulls enough weight. Plenty of power for a five cylinder engine. No problem carrying weight in the bed. Steering is good. Its maintenance is low. Good lines and paint job. Nice rims and tires. Good colors. Good interior. Runs smooth on the road and freeway. Roomy in the rear cab accessories. You can carry loads with no problems. Had a bad engine intake valve go bad. Had to have the cylinder head replaced. Good tire wear.

Car can get around town without any problems. Better than walking around tired all the time. At least not bend over backwards. Fitting in with everybody else between classes. The car drives like a dream. Feel good about ones self. Not look like fool. In style with the crowd and classes forward in looking like fit in with society. Looks great. Design not the same old boring design like year after year. Artistic features. Not design to be same from decades to come. Not ashamed of being in car. Strong and dependable. Not weak like previous cars from way back and the future and the past. The taste of car not bad to the touch and much needed uplifting.

Great truck, durable and excellent fuel mileage. Great for hauling and pulling. Absolutely pleased with the handling and ease of this vehicle. This truck is easy to handle. It can also be used for many daily activities. This truck is very durable and easy to drive and haul. This truck has all the qualifications of a durable and rugged truck but also a look of beauty that can be used and driven by a man or woman. Love this truck. I am not scared to haul or pull anything, whether a boat , Uhaul or trailer. This is an excellent truck to have and I would recommend it to anyone.

Does not say that the special features are the features that you do have. Are not what they say they are. And when it comes to something breaking down they say it's covered but it's not covered. Says it's got very high performance. Does not. You have to use great a gas. If you don't the car does not run the way it should. Does not stop at Contacts and does not have the power it says. I was happy with the color and the look and my neighbors really liked it so they went out and bought one and got mad at me before talking to me about it. We moved our neighbor and we had less than what the vehicle requirements were for the weight and the truck's performance was very slow as if the transmission could not keep up.

Chevy manages to give you value all the way around. The fuel efficiency is very nice. Chevy gives you a lower upfront cost than most companies. The overall cost to maintain the vehicle is nice too. The engine is not big enough to pull the car. It's okay, I guess. It runs and goes, but the engine you can tell struggles a little bit. Overall performance is okay. Not a bad looking vehicle at all! Customizable inside and out, which makes us chicks happy! Pretty color choices are available. The entire is nice and spacious. The actual body of the vehicle is very sturdy. Some might say, built like they used to be built. The engine is not so great. Mine was two years old before it had to be totally replaced with a new engine.

It was easy to drive, didn't give that much problems service-wise, was easy on gas, and had good pick-up and go. The seats were very comfortable and were made of quality materials. The engine worked flawlessly, had no major problems. The transmission shifted good. It was easy on oil consumption. The engine had lots of get up and go. It had a very good paint job, it didn't fade. It was a two-tone color; black on the top and gray on the bottom. It looked very nice after a car wash. When I got rid of it, it had over 300,000 miles on the odometer, and still ran good. The engine was virtually unstoppable! It ran like a tank.

I think I got it from around 6'000 because it was my husband who brought it. It's great for mud dirt and my all-time favorite is rocks. They work great and the tire is so big and bold that you might be able to run over a piece of glass and still not have a flat. Well the one I have is black with brown leather seats and it has lots of cup holders and other things so that's really it but so far it's my favorite model. I like that you can't get a flat every 20 minutes like my older car used to do and that you can drive longer without having to keep filling up your gas tank at the gas station.

The price wasn't too outrageous. It did a lot better on gas than other cars I had. It drives super easy as well. Very comfortable seating. Roomy enough to fit everyone in comfortably. I loved driving this vehicle! It drove really smooth. Gas was very affordable for me. It was able to get up and go without any problems. Great for short distance drives to work or school and also for longer travels like road trips. I thought this vehicle was super cute. It looks very fancy and elegant but it's not terribly expensive! Which is great. The inside of the vehicle looks very classic. Everyone has different tastes but I really enjoyed the look of this vehicle. Oh, the durability is awesome! I don't really want to admit this, but once I got in a little fender - bender and let me just say it was not my fender that got bent! My vehicle look like nothing even happened to it, not even a scratch!

A little expensive for me. I make money but not a ton. But I love this vehicle and enjoyed many experiences in it. Would recommend to people. It drove very fast and was extremely good for a car that was of its value. I survived many ordeals in this vehicle and have been blessed by God himself. It looks like doo doo but I love this vehicle. I would recommend you change the color scheme and add a cheese color. Any ways great jobs. Never needed to repair this vehicle because it was made stronger than Damascus steel. I believe Jesus has personally touched my vehicle and made it invincible.

Was very well worth the money for this vehicle, it ran great excellent gas mileage, and ran beautifully on long distance drives. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone. This vehicle was very stunning looking ran excellent and have great curb appeal and was a valuable asset to have in our fleet of work vehicle as well as for personal use. Very sleek lines both inside and outside, very well built and very clean looking. I would definitely recommend this vehicle for both personal and work use as well. It is well worth the money you would spend on this vehicle. The frame, drive train and engine for this truck is very finely built, the vehicle performed well beyond it specified capacity, it also performance was very much surpassed by the what I had expected.

Mechanical errors with engine. Was very disappointed with price for quality. I seen they took them off the roads now that's probably why. Upgrades would have been better as s10 was taken off the road and now Colorado and canyon they need a small truck. It did not run correctly from beginning. Then took back to dealership and they said it was fine. Burning oil cracked head blew up out another motor in and same thing they all had problems I am assuming. Radiator fluid normally cools motor and it never did I think it was plugged. Loved it from appearance. Had several colors available that were great. My hubby loved them too... colors for girls and guys awesome. Details like flares and add ons like hood scoop made it look awesome. It was ok... would have loved to keep the truck longer but it just wasn't in the cards. Took a massive loss on truck and still not to sure about gmc now.

GMC Canyon Company Profile