2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (360 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About GMC Canyon

The GMC Canyon is a mid-size pickup truck that was introduced in 2004 to replace the S-10. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

GMC Canyon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Canyon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Canyon?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Has been very valuable. It's a great ride and has hauled many things for me and taken me on several road trips and it easily tows my boat and camper. Overall it is an excellent truck. Great fuel mileage and more than enough power to haul materials for home projects and tow my boat and trailer with things too large to fit in the bed of the truck. The truck is stylish and customizable. You can make this truck look like an extension of your personality or leave it as it came from the factory and the truck will look equally as good. One of the most durable trucks I have owned. The truck has 150,000 miles and still rides, drives and runs as well as the day it was purchased. To me that's a very durable truck.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

Handles the cold weather well. Fun to drive, little or no repairs, is a vehicle you would be proud to drive, fun easy fast reliable. Looks different from other vehicles. It has the power to drive in snow sleet rain. Accelerates well in traffic. Great on the highway or country roads. It's a car I'm proud to own, it has lots of style and charisma. Great color. Perfect interior seats that are comfortable on long rides or a short trip to the store, has lots of cargo room for all the things you need to take with you. With three kids the interior hold up to almost anything.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Good gas mileage. Plenty of room in the extra cab and bed looks good. Plenty of power. Looks good. Good visibility. Handles good. Hulls enough weight. Plenty of power for a five cylinder engine. No problem carrying weight in the bed. Steering is good. Its maintenance is low. Good lines and paint job. Nice rims and tires. Good colors. Good interior. Runs smooth on the road and freeway. Roomy in the rear cab accessories. You can carry loads with no problems. Had a bad engine intake valve go bad. Had to have the cylinder head replaced. Good tire wear.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Car can get around town without any problems. Better than walking around tired all the time. At least not bend over backwards. Fitting in with everybody else between classes. The car drives like a dream. Feel good about ones self. Not look like fool. In style with the crowd and classes forward in looking like fit in with society. Looks great. Design not the same old boring design like year after year. Artistic features. Not design to be same from decades to come. Not ashamed of being in car. Strong and dependable. Not weak like previous cars from way back and the future and the past. The taste of car not bad to the touch and much needed uplifting.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Great truck, durable and excellent fuel mileage. Great for hauling and pulling. Absolutely pleased with the handling and ease of this vehicle. This truck is easy to handle. It can also be used for many daily activities. This truck is very durable and easy to drive and haul. This truck has all the qualifications of a durable and rugged truck but also a look of beauty that can be used and driven by a man or woman. Love this truck. I am not scared to haul or pull anything, whether a boat , Uhaul or trailer. This is an excellent truck to have and I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Does not say that the special features are the features that you do have. Are not what they say they are. And when it comes to something breaking down they say it's covered but it's not covered. Says it's got very high performance. Does not. You have to use great a gas. If you don't the car does not run the way it should. Does not stop at Contacts and does not have the power it says. I was happy with the color and the look and my neighbors really liked it so they went out and bought one and got mad at me before talking to me about it. We moved our neighbor and we had less than what the vehicle requirements were for the weight and the truck's performance was very slow as if the transmission could not keep up.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Chevy manages to give you value all the way around. The fuel efficiency is very nice. Chevy gives you a lower upfront cost than most companies. The overall cost to maintain the vehicle is nice too. The engine is not big enough to pull the car. It's okay, I guess. It runs and goes, but the engine you can tell struggles a little bit. Overall performance is okay. Not a bad looking vehicle at all! Customizable inside and out, which makes us chicks happy! Pretty color choices are available. The entire is nice and spacious. The actual body of the vehicle is very sturdy. Some might say, built like they used to be built. The engine is not so great. Mine was two years old before it had to be totally replaced with a new engine.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

It was easy to drive, didn't give that much problems service-wise, was easy on gas, and had good pick-up and go. The seats were very comfortable and were made of quality materials. The engine worked flawlessly, had no major problems. The transmission shifted good. It was easy on oil consumption. The engine had lots of get up and go. It had a very good paint job, it didn't fade. It was a two-tone color; black on the top and gray on the bottom. It looked very nice after a car wash. When I got rid of it, it had over 300,000 miles on the odometer, and still ran good. The engine was virtually unstoppable! It ran like a tank.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I think I got it from around 6'000 because it was my husband who brought it. It's great for mud dirt and my all-time favorite is rocks. They work great and the tire is so big and bold that you might be able to run over a piece of glass and still not have a flat. Well the one I have is black with brown leather seats and it has lots of cup holders and other things so that's really it but so far it's my favorite model. I like that you can't get a flat every 20 minutes like my older car used to do and that you can drive longer without having to keep filling up your gas tank at the gas station.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

The price wasn't too outrageous. It did a lot better on gas than other cars I had. It drives super easy as well. Very comfortable seating. Roomy enough to fit everyone in comfortably. I loved driving this vehicle! It drove really smooth. Gas was very affordable for me. It was able to get up and go without any problems. Great for short distance drives to work or school and also for longer travels like road trips. I thought this vehicle was super cute. It looks very fancy and elegant but it's not terribly expensive! Which is great. The inside of the vehicle looks very classic. Everyone has different tastes but I really enjoyed the look of this vehicle. Oh, the durability is awesome! I don't really want to admit this, but once I got in a little fender - bender and let me just say it was not my fender that got bent! My vehicle look like nothing even happened to it, not even a scratch!

GMC Canyon Company Information