2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5

The Chevy Tahoe is a full-size SUV. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Chevy Tahoe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Tahoe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Tahoe?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I love my Tahoe, all the features and the looks. The original price was quite high and it didn't maintain its value that great, but I will be driving it till the wheels fall off. My only major complaint is its torque and towing power. I would highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I was hesitant when we purchased the Tahoe due to the size of the vehicle. It was purchased in Jan 2019 and now my husband can't get me out of this vehicle. It was the best decision we made and the space inside is incredible. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that wants something roomy but also gives you a good look.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have traveled the desert in the summer and the snowy mountains in the winter. My Chevrolet Tahoe has never failed me. I have never been overheated or stuck in the mud or snow! The air conditioning works perfectly. The mirror deicers work perfectly as well as the window deicers!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

We own a Chevy Tahoe and it's one of the most comfortable and secure vehicles I ever bought. Problem is with the small things that never went bad on my other cars. The brake lines went and my mechanic said they looked like they were from a 50 year old car. I have a leak in the sunroof that travels to the left front window divider and it pours out when you hit the brakes. The right signal light unit out on the grill constantly fills with water and blows signal lamps. But my wife loves the car and feels safe in it so we put up with these little inconveniences.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have purchased two Chevy Tahoes over the course of the last eight years. The cars have been proven to be reliable, free from mechanical melodies inherent in many vehicles, and comfortable for not only daily treks, but for longer road trips as well. I am a big proponent of visual driving, meaning the ability to see in all directions from the driver seat. This is where the Tahoe has proven to be an advantage over quite a few other SUVs.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Be aware that when back seats are up for three additional seats, they are terrible for passengers over the age of 9 since design leaves a platform so high that anyone over four foot has their knees in their chest. Also when flat tilted to back door do all items roll back. Also no clips for car seats. We did not note this when purchased and we bought the premium version. Front is good. You must check this out because it will not seat 7 adults comfortably! Very Poor Design. I will go back to an Expedition next time this issue does not exist!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Awkward to enter unless you're in the NBA. Steering wheel controls completely nonintuitive—who hides windshield wiper controls like this? The remote keyfob is confusingly designed and makes inadvertent opening of the hatch window way too easy. And—I speak from experience—manually closing the rear hatch (because the fob is bewildering) can result in severe finger injury. Stay away from this piece of crap.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Tahoe is the largest to date, but the pricing almost made it unaffordable to the normal Chevy driver. Good performance when you find one at the right price. Interior leather is upgraded on the LT and LTZ models.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Buyer beware. I have a 2016 Tahoe, with transmission line seeping at the crimp. My mileage was out of warranty at 40,000 but still had time 1 month left of the warranty time. I call GM to see if they would honor this because why would a crimped transmission line at the front where the radiator is seep fluid unless it was a bad crimp. After numerous calls to GM and they were claiming to see what they could do, by playing games and not calling back, and then when they did call back, just to say it was escalated to management.

A month later they are coming back stating they will not offer any assistance for item. Beware buying GM, I have owned GM all my life and have purchased several large SUV vehicles and never had this lousy customer service nor a bad transmission crimp within 40,000 miles. They want $482.00 to repair this faulty crimp that should not have gone bad. Why does a crimp seep at 40,000 miles? No more GM vehicles or Service! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have a $55k lemon. Purchased a brand new 2016 Tahoe 3 years ago, we’ve had nothing but problems. We are probably closing in on $20k in repairs on this vehicle. It’s in the shop every couple of months for something. Air conditioner, radiator, fuel injectors, brakes, catalytic converter, radio antenna & navigation, transmission replacement (while on Vacation), and now the engine. All of these repairs before 100,000 miles. Keep in mind that these are just some of the big ticket items we’ve replaced too. GM lowered the power train warranty to 60,000 miles, I see why. They know they’re cranking out junk cars, and passing these problems off onto to the consumer.

Chevy Tahoe Company Information