3.75/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Tahoe

The Chevy Tahoe is a full-size SUV. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Tahoe Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have a $55k lemon. Purchased a brand new 2016 Tahoe 3 years ago, we’ve had nothing but problems. We are probably closing in on $20k in repairs on this vehicle. It’s in the shop every couple of months for something. Air conditioner, radiator, fuel injectors, brakes, catalytic converter, radio antenna & navigation, transmission replacement (while on Vacation), and now the engine. All of these repairs before 100,000 miles. Keep in mind that these are just some of the big ticket items we’ve replaced too. GM lowered the power train warranty to 60,000 miles, I see why. They know they’re cranking out junk cars, and passing these problems off onto to the consumer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

2018 Tahoe Premier 14k on it. It sounds and feels like the transmission is surging. The tool at the dealership says there's nothing wrong? AV Chevy is no help! They said they couldn't recreate the issue, same as the door locks. Neither FOB would work, they said they couldn't recreate? I went and drove with the shop foreman and the service guy, I was able to recreate both?

They gave us the car back after it sitting in their lot for 8 days (GPS Verified no movement) and came back with some BS about a security tab on the MAS? So, in my opinion, if there was something wrong with the MAS being loose and it was causing this surge, that should be a large enough issue to throw a code? What's wrong with my ECM then? What? I'm going to fork out 65k for a car and mess with it? That hood has only ever been opened by them. The Tahoe still has the surging. It's going back today. This has been in the shop several times for this, it started at 1k miles. Is anyone having the same issue with the transmission?

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I've had the most problems with my 2015 Tahoe. I've had it for a year and 1/2 and have had $3000 put into it. Every 6 months it's always something. Has never been a smooth ride after about 3 months, very bumping and shaky. Bought used and apparently I got a damn LEMON! This is my 5 Chevy and the newer the **.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I bought my Chevrolet Tahoe only 1 year old (2017). The HVAC was having problems (AC was not getting cold)-super important in the Texas heat! The 1st dealership I took it into told me they didn’t see a problem. Later, I found out a special warranty had been granted for this make/model because there was a known HVAC issue. This dealership should’ve known what to look for and granted this special warranty. Not even a year later the AC doesn’t work at all—the car is TWO years old. I take it to a different dealership before my military family transfers to a different state so that we have AC in the summer heat for our 5 day road trip to our new station. That dealership had my car for 15 days! I get my car back the day before we depart to PCS to Massachusetts. I have a $3600 bill (mostly labor-$2960).

The AC works for ONE day after paying $3600. Because all of the dealerships are separate and now we moved to a different state the day after getting it back, I have to pay another $4000 for labor up here because that dealership can’t do anything to guarantee their workmanship. Essentially, they knew I was part of a military family, we were leaving, they gave my car back as a total lemon, made me pay $3600 for their “work”, knowing that it wasn’t going to last and it wasn’t going to be their problem any more because I can’t drive 3,000 miles back to Texas to get work done one it.

I contacted corporate customer service. They told me that these dealerships are their “business partners” and they are not going to accuse them of anything or ask for any sort of refund, but they would happily connect me to another dealership near me for them to fix it, but they would want to be compensated. In addition to getting this hands-off completely unhelpful answer, the tier 2 customer support person that I was talking to took almost a week to get back to me after he first made contact with me (which was also over a week from my initial complaint). When I called the customer support line during this time, they told me it would also be 2-3 days before I could talk to a supervisor. It took me forever to contact people, a lot of empty promises that they would “advocate” for me, when really it was all business and they just sided with the dealership.

They were unsupportive and the company is not military friendly. They say they support their troops but the backbone of our troops are their spouses back home. This spouse drove 5 days with orders in the heat with 4 kids and a dog because of shoddy work. This spouse, whose husband deployed shortly after he arrived at his station, now has to update him on where we are at with getting AC in our car (which makes him concerned about his family at home). They should’ve done more, taken ownership as a company for an AC that was built to malfunction and a dealership that took advantage of a military family.

Original review: June 17, 2019

First of all this is my SECOND Tahoe since 3025 and both of them have had the struts go out with a year or two of purchasing!!! Every single person I know has had the same problem and GM refuses to warranty them!! $4200 to replace both (because I paid more and bought an LTZ). This is insanely expensive for a vehicle that is only 3 years old. This will be my second time to replace them on this Tahoe. Had to replace them once on my old Tahoe!!! I will NEVER buy another Tahoe or GM product ever again! This has been the worst experience of my life. I’m beyond pissed off that this many people have issues with them and they won’t recall them! Word of advice, don’t buy one. 50, 60, 70K is a ridiculous amount of money to spend and then turn around and spend $4200 every 40k miles!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Tahoe?

Original review: May 8, 2019

Purchased a beautiful 2015 LTZ Tahoe with all the bells and whistles a couple of years ago. Unfortunately my excitement did not last long. AC went out during the summer heat in Georgia ($1800), two side panels need to be replaced around $350 a piece, cracked windshield, broken DVD player and I have two small kids, and my struts need to be replaced ($659 a piece). To top that off I have two safety recalls on my car and my local dealership will not get fix them. Childre Chevrolet refused my service because I didn't buy my car from them and said I was an "unhappy customer." The safety recalls are my steering wheel and airbags which put myself and my family in extreme danger. My Tahoe is well maintained and always garage kept with only 75k miles. These things should NOT be happening when I spend this kind of money for a vehicle. Extremely disappointed with my purchase and will never own another GMC or Chevy.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I wasn’t really looking for a big vehicle because I have always driven small cars and I felt very comfortable in them. I remarried a man who needed a bigger car and one that would tow our boat and camper. We went to Bill Cramer Chevrolet and met Kody who was kind, courteous, professional and who knew the answers to all our questions about what kind of vehicle our family needed. Kody let me drive the Tahoe and it was so smooth, and a lot different than what I expected. It was then I started to become acceptable to a bigger vehicle. Then Kody showed me how everything worked inside the Tahoe, helped me get OnStar and most important said to me if I have any questions or trouble ever, I could always call him and he would satisfy my questions and fix my troubles in every way he can.

Kody is a great choice for GM, he’s very personable, smiles, and knowledge about the vehicles he sells. Thank you GM, Bill Cramer Chevrolet and Kody for changing my mind, I love my “big car” THE TAHOE and I will get my next vehicle from Kody!??? I love the way my Tahoe shakes my seat, warning you someone is walking in front of your vehicle, I love the GPS, the Bluetooth system, has a warning if you get too close to a vehicle, has a 1-3 car length you can turn on and it will stay that car length behind another car. One of my favorites, is the hidden compartments, the plentiful plugins and the cup holders even in the rear of the car. I just LOVE MY TAHOE!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’m the original owner of my 2008 Chevy Tahoe, leather, heated seats, etc etc. I put all 230,000 miles on this SUV. It’s been a dream to drive in all weather conditions. I have studded snow tires when necessary; spent several years in Alaska and wish I’d had this vehicle up there! I change the oil every 3000 miles NO MATTER WHAT!!! And have always used synthetic. This is my 2nd Tahoe and I would definitely buy a third - but really have no reason to make a change right now cause it still drives like new, except that - I want a 9-seat configuration for my grand-kids! TAHOE LOVE!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have a 2016 Chevy Tahoe under 35,000 miles. I just got new brakes one month ago. Well, I just got in an accident and my brakes completely went out and my power steering. I hit 3 parked cars, drove thru someone’s large hedges, was seconds away from driving INTO SOMEONE’S HOUSE but luckily hit their 2 parked cars in the driveway and the truck finally stopped. Need I say more? Oh, and my airbag didn’t deploy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

2015 Tahoe 50k both back window trims are falling off. Dealership said it’s a common problem with this car but not under warranty because it’s an accessory? It’s part of the window, not an add on! Should be a recall, the front window had it when I first bought it and was fixed.

Chevy Tahoe Company Information