Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
2.28/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratings

Chevy Tahoe

The Chevy Tahoe is a full-size SUV. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

165 Chevy Tahoe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’m the original owner of my 2008 Chevy Tahoe, leather, heated seats, etc etc. I put all 230,000 miles on this SUV. It’s been a dream to drive in all weather conditions. I have studded snow tires when necessary; spent several years in Alaska and wish I’d had this vehicle up there! I change the oil every 3000 miles NO MATTER WHAT!!! And have always used synthetic. This is my 2nd Tahoe and I would definitely buy a third - but really have no reason to make a change right now cause it still drives like new, except that - I want a 9-seat configuration for my grand-kids! TAHOE LOVE!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have a 2016 Chevy Tahoe under 35,000 miles. I just got new brakes one month ago. Well, I just got in an accident and my brakes completely went out and my power steering. I hit 3 parked cars, drove thru someone’s large hedges, was seconds away from driving INTO SOMEONE’S HOUSE but luckily hit their 2 parked cars in the driveway and the truck finally stopped. Need I say more? Oh, and my airbag didn’t deploy.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

2015 Tahoe 50k both back window trims are falling off. Dealership said it’s a common problem with this car but not under warranty because it’s an accessory? It’s part of the window, not an add on! Should be a recall, the front window had it when I first bought it and was fixed.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I purchased my dream vehicle - a brand new Chevy Tahoe this Sept. On my first road trip 50 miles into the trip I noticed a strange noise coming from the engine and the vehicle started losing spread so I stepped on the gas, the rpm went all the way up but it would not accelerate. Next thing I noticed is that the check engine came on so I pulled off the freeway. Luckily there was a Chevy dealer nearby so I stopped by but they were no help - said that their technician were book and they suggested I stop at AutoZone to see why the check engine light was on. The scan showed transmission codes so I called the dealer where I purchased my vehicle at. By this time the check engine light was no longer on so they advised me to continue my trip and if I continued to experience problems to have it towed to the dealership.

Fortunately I was able to continue my trip and took it on to the service department once I got back. They took about 5 days to let me know that they would replacing my transmission out for a new one but I had to wait until GM had one available. Currently waiting to get my vehicle back to see how it drive. This whole experience is very upsetting knowing that I spend $50k for a SUV that was defective and for me to have to deal with these problem at only 900 miles. That was the main reason I decided on a brand new vehicle so I wouldn't have mechanical problem. So disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Everything was fixed under warranty. Here is the list. Breakes gone out flat pedal on the floor (No stopping :o !!!), 2 fuel injectors failed, AC compressor shredded my belt, AC condenser replaced per recall, navigation and entertainment screen flickers and goes off. Front Camera issues/errors, rear camera issues/errors. Rear brakes wore out and warped rotors before fronts did. Front brake rotors need replacing. Rattle and noise from cabin. Transmission starting to shift rough. This is my first over $40000 SUV. I purchased used certified. I love the interior of this SUV and how it drives. But so many issues GM needs to sort out. Next time I lease not finance. I do love my Chevy. Too bad they don't love me as much :( to build me a truck I can trust.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Tahoe?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Two years ago I purchased what I thought was my dream car, a 2015 LTZ Chevy Tahoe, with 25,000. It has been nothing but a money pit since then. I have replaced gaskets ($5,000), fuel injectors #3 and #8 ($800), battery ($60-ish), water pump and thermostat ($550). It is making a bad sound that we were told all the struts might need replaced, there is currently a driver assist message for the driver seat that I can't afford to fix and there is a recall for the electric steering. Are you kidding me. The electric steering could cause crashes! I just spent $200 dollars on a hotel and $250 on a rental car when the Tahoe broke down in the middle of a snowstorm with myself, my husband, my sister, 3 kids in car seats and my dog. We were stuck for two hours on the side of a mountain until we could get a tow truck. Are you kidding me? This is a $55,000 dollar car that has 44, 000 miles on it and it is completely unreliable. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought a brand new 2016 Chevy Tahoe in June 2016 with 5 miles on this car so yes I was the original owner. I take my cars to the dealership for regular maintenance checks to make sure my brand new car was well taken care of. I took the car in about 2 months ago because it felt like it was scrubbing paid about $3000. Two months later, I have to put a new transmission in a 2 year old car that's going to run me about 5000 plus.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

2017 Tahoe 24k on it. Within 6 months had to replace the shocks under warranty at the time I thought no biggie. Then on the 1st year it was idling loud and hard seemed to be making a lot of effort also a squeaking noise. After Chevy had it for 3 days I guess it needed new motor mounts. They said the manufacturers made upgraded ones and they would be replaced under warranty. Okay awesome! But thought that was weird. Didn’t have any recall found it strange they made upgraded ones. I don’t know anything about cars. 1 1/2 years into it again still idling loud. Lags when accelerating sometimes feels like it jumps into gear. Engine shakes really crazy you can definitely tell it’s not normal. Also saw my coolant level was very very low. Never had a sensor go off about coolant level never had the engine light come on since I’ve had the car I’ve always done my routine oil changes. They are almost free so I make sure and take it.

A few days before this last issue I stopped to get gas. After pumping I got into my Tahoe and it’s completely dead. No lights, no OnStar nothing won’t crank. Doesn’t do anything. My phone was broke so I sat there a bit stranded for 10-15 min and I noticed the touchscreen looked like it kind of came to life. Tried to start my car and it decided to work. How does a car die out of nowhere and start up again without jumping it. Had messages on dash “steering assistance reduced drive with caution” and “open and shut passenger window”. Open and shut window?

Called OnStar to see if this ever happened. No one had heard of that. She ran a remote diagnostic and nothing is wrong. But now fast forward one week having very low coolant and clicking noise rattling loud engine. Hmmm well after 2 days of testing. One battery cable was loose one was sending high frequency and my radiator is leaking. This is NOT normal. This is a 55k vehicle only 1 1/2 old and 24k on it. Yes it’s still under warranty but what happens when that’s gone or they start finding reasons not to keep replacing my defective parts. No recalls have come up.

Now they need my vehicle for about a week. I love our adviser he does take care of us and I have a very nice rental but I feel it’s going to start becoming a problem and they are not just going to keep replacing everything for free this should not be happening almost 2 years in. I think we have our selves a $55,000 lemon. Anyone know the lemon laws. I’ll be doing some research. I advise you do yours too. We should know our rights!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

TAHOE NEED FIXING AFTER TWO YEARS: 1. The back row seats are non existent. The SUV is made for 4 people with legs and three people WITHOUT LEGS-back row bench seat. Check this out before purchase. 2. The condenser went out before it hit 90,000 miles. This cost is on us. 3. OnStar stopped working before it hit one year. The cost to find out what is wrong and repairs is on us. This is a permanent fixture in this car. Not an option to get this system. 4. Sunroof side padding/insulation came aloose before 1 year was up. This cost is on us.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased a brand new Tahoe and had problems with rattles, wind sounds like your window was slightly open and sounds like your landing in a airplane. GM tried to rectify the problem but without success. It was impossible to drive this vehicle without going crazy so my dealer took it back in on trade for another vehicle after one month but with a loss of course. I have no complaint with my dealer because they did their best and tried to get help from GM but without success and I also tried on my part with GM to get a little help with my loss but they said no. I have been a faithful GM client for over 40 years and I can tell you it will be my last one. GM does not back their products. Your truly ex GM client!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love Chevy over the other brands and the 2009 Tahoe features everything that I was looking for at time of purchase. Heated seats, sun roof and third row seating are just to name a few. It also has a lot of space, and being a big person, I am always wanting more space. The interior is amazing and it has comfortable seating. It is full of comfort for long travels. Being able to have this in one vehicle makes the difference. The mileage was perfect as well when I purchased it and I have not had any issues with it at all.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We love our Tahoe! It's perfect for short or long road trips by myself or with the family. There is plenty of space for 6 comfortably or even 7 and we've had no issues. It's beautiful, it's quiet, and it's the perfect size for our family. We chose this car because we love the sleek silver. We also liked that the front seats were able to be heated and cooled. Very convenient for all seasons! The one thing I dislike about the car is that the back seats do not have the cooling option. I wish that all the seats in the car would be able to heat and cool.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Chevy Tahoe is a great vehicle. Has not given us a lot of issues since we got it. It also has a lot of room which is great for our growing family. However, it's difficult to drive in the snow and in bad weather.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have previously owned 2 other Tahoes. I find them reliable and easy to repair at a lower cost than import vehicles. There is plenty of room in the vehicle for travel and vacations and it's easy to transport child and her friends with the excess room. I like the size of the Tahoe as well as the features that come in stock. I feel like the size of the vehicle is safe for us and my family. I like the removable third row seating and it's convenient when running errands such as grocery shopping. However, it isn't as fuel efficient as smaller SUV vehicles and tires generally run at a higher price due to the size of the tires. The vehicle retail price is higher but I believe you get your money's worth with that price.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The Chevy Tahoe has been a really great car. We live an active life camping and road trips in the summer and the mountain to snowboard in winter. The 4 high and 4 low wheel drive get me safely anywhere we want to go. I never have had a problem maintaining traction even with the slickest of roads. It also has the anti skid control. It has room for 7 passengers which is great for our family and dog. With 4 family members and our kids often having friends the 7 seats is very comfy and drives well. However, I do not like the tan carpet and with 2 active boys it's impossible to keep clean. It would also be better to have some better fitting rubber floor mats that fit first, second, and third row as well as aisle way. I also dislike the gas mileage and the small trunk space. But overall I really like my car.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I needed a big vehicle for my children. I also feel very safe with the bigger vehicle on the road rather than something that may not hold up as well in an accident. The Chevrolet Tahoe is an awesome and reliable vehicle for bigger families. I enjoy the third row seating and all of the things included in it. I have four kids who all fit very comfortably inside and feel safe on the road while riding. Also, lots of room to keep them entertained while on road trips. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a family vehicle. I love my 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe and am very sure I made the right choice while purchasing my first vehicle. However, it is pretty modified which is still okay but I think I would have enjoyed some of the things to be as originally on the vehicle when it first came to the car lot. I also dislike the color but that's not a huge issue.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We found the Chevy Tahoe to be of best value in terms of size, price, reliability and safety. It offered the space we needed without the outrageous cost of similar vehicles. It is a great car for a family with young children as it has lots of room for kids and all the stuff they need. It has been reliable and is very comfortable to drive and ride. It feels safe as it sits so high and is so heavy. Although I would prefer it to be a little less wide as it is just a couple inches too wide for me to back into the garage. I also would really really have liked heated seats. I was spoiled in my previous car to have them and miss them with this one. But overall, I'm very pleased.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Chevy Tahoe is great and is definitely worth the money. It was bought for 40 thousand dollars and I have the original papers. It's a two owner and it's a lil older a 2001 but someone has taken great care of the vehicle. It has third row seating, which you can fold for extra storage. It also has heat leather seats, as well as remote start. It also locks with the keychain. Additionally, it has a hatch and doesn't use oil. While it's a great vehicle all around and it drives great, the gas mileage sucks. Also, it does need a paint job because of clear coat peaking off a seat position set for the driver.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have noticed EXACTLY EVERYTHING on the 99-06 recall list is going wrong with my Tahoe. However... MY Tahoe's VIN number is not ON this list. SOME situations should be paid for by Chevrolet. Like as in... I take it to a dealer... and they be the judge on if it needs to be recalled. Because eventually... it can't be everybody else. There's too much coincidence for it to just be coincidence.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Chevy Tahoe and Suburban are the most dependable, but are changing to cheaper quality. I have owned three and put over 300,000 miles on each and have never been to the shop.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I love my Chevy Tahoe LTZ. I have owned my Tahoe since Sept., 2016 and have never had any problems with it at all. The Tahoe provides me with power when needed, plenty of room for my family, and the luxury that a heavier vehicle provides. I would highly recommend a Chevy Tahoe to anyone.

Original review: April 28, 2018

2001 Tahoe is the best model they ever made. Size ride and everything else about this model is ideal. The newer ones ride rough and the 99 and before have problems with the old 350 engine.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I want to love my 2015 Tahoe, but I feel like things just keep going wrong with it. As it becomes summer, my AC started blowing warm air. Took it to a mechanic and was told that they have a leak in the compressor and would be over $700 to fix. It is shaky when idling and feels like it wants to kill. Mechanic said nothing is wrong with it but they have heard lots of complaints from Tahoe owners saying the same thing. I have never had so many problems so quickly. I want to love this car because I love the look and spaciousness, but is it really worth all of the problems??? Probably not.

And lastly, when parking in a parking garage, if I am going slightly downhill to park on one of the down ramps, the brakes seem to lock up and I have to practically push the pedal through the floor to get it to stop. I have to then kill my car and turn it back on for them to work properly again. I am terrified to park every day, but again the mechanic said they can find nothing wrong with it! HOW SAFE IS THIS?!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Air conditioning issues and the condenser leaks. And the Chevy Tahoe 2016 SUV has a braking issue. Not sure what's wrong but not driving right now. Don’t buy and do your homework. Too many problems for the high price you're paying.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I bought a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid in 2013. I have been having lurching/stalling issues for 2 years with automatic acceleration. The oil pressure sensor is bad. The paint is peeling on the steering wheel. The check engine light is on. Stalling with power steering light. Bluetooth no longer connects. Power seats will not adjust. I have spent thousands on repairs that don't fix the problems. Mechanic has now told me not to spend anymore on it as it is unfixable. I have a car that I am still making payments on that has lights and warning bells going off nonstop. Reading online, my experience is not unique for this vehicle. There are 85 TSBs for this model! Is there a recall or will Chevy acknowledge this model is a lemon? I've owned 8 Chevies and never had an experience like this before!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Super excited to buy this 2015 Chevy Tahoe, but right after the warranty expired things started going wrong. Our Chevy Tahoe story began when the engine started idling rough at stops, then the interior lights started flickering when you press on the brakes. Next came the brakes... the car wouldn't stop! Took it to the dealer and our service technician said these were a simple fixes. Replace the light bulbs and the brake valve pump oh, and BTW... oil has leaked into the brake lines (that costs extra). Then he says the navigation system antenna isn't connecting to the GPS and oh, the window panel on the outside driver's door is loose too (needs to be replaced - more money). Now we're looking at over $2,500 in repairs (did I mention this vehicle is only 3 years old?). We love this vehicle, but I will never buy this another Chevy or GMC product again. Sticking with Toyota.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The appearance of my Tahoe is awesome, or at least I think so. Many people have commented on how pretty it is. The Tahoe has performed very well. I have not had any problems. As for the value, I certainly do believe it is overpriced as all the vehicles we looked at are. We looked at a lot of different makes. The automobile seems to think that it can make up lost money by overcharging everyone. I hope this will be the last car I ever have to buy. Believe me, I am taking extremely good care of it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I bought a 2004 Z71 Chevy Tahoe back 6 years ago. It had low miles and I loved my Chevy Tahoe. Didn't really have any issues with it at all. All were minor. Did great service on my Tahoe including oil changes, tires rotation, balance etc. My Tahoe had low mileage for being a 2004, week ago me and my husband and a couple of my daughter’s friends were driving down the highway and started smelling smoke. Pulled over and realized my Tahoe was on fire. No warning no nothing. All we can think is it happened under the dash. Before we knew it was in fire. We popped the hood and smoke was coming from the fuse box. Not the one in the cab. We opened the lid and the fuses was melting.

Fireman don't know what caused this fire, can't really find any reviews with same issue, get the same outcome not knowing why this occurred. Very scared and would like to know if anyone can tell me why this would happen? I just recently bought a 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV. I know this is the same type of brand and kind of eerie now because seeing that this could happen again with no warning. I loved my Tahoe but I’m not going to put my family at risk. Can anyone help us and is this a known issue that needs to be investigated?

Original review: July 26, 2017

To say the very least I am 100% disappointed and disgusted with my purchase of a 2015 Chevy Tahoe. I have previously owned 4 Chevy Tahoes and none of them have compared to the 2015 model. This vehicle has given my family and I numerous problems. How about driving down the road and the side panel of your door flying off into traffic. I would say that's a safety issue. How about being at a gas station far away from your hometown and the battery goes dead. By the way this vehicle is only 2 years old.

The air conditioner decides to start blowing hot air. It's only 100 degrees in Texas. The list goes on and on, on this high dollar GM vehicle. Oh did I mention how many times it's been in the shop and how many times GM service manager has told me that this is someone else's problem sending me back and forth between body shop and service. WHAT A JOKE!!! GM GET YOUR ** TOGETHER!!! Did I mention I now own a quality SUV and it's not a CHEVY!!!

Original review: July 4, 2017

I am TRULY disappointed with my 2015 Tahoe SUV. I bought it in 2015 at a Chevy dealership and Its already having AC issues. The dealership told me that I MUST order a new AC condenser, only available AFTERMARKET nationwide because the original part is coming from overseas and no matter what, it will cost me $1300, for a 2 years old car. WHO wants to drive a vehicle without AC in FL??? To make things worse, electronic problems, AC failure, already a new battery, and there is NO RECALLS.

Chevy Tahoe Company Information