3.69/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Ranger

The Ford Ranger name has been used on several Ford model lines and was discontinued for a short period until the 2019 model was released. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Ranger Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2018

My Ford Ranger has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Maintenance is easy to take care of and with the mileage on my truck it is still good for long distance driving. I like that it has extended cab. Furthermore, it doesn't have carpet so it's easy to clean. It also does have 4 wheel drive, which is good for where I live. Since my Ford Ranger is considered a full size extended cab, I would think that it would be roomier in the back. And instead of 2 jump seats, I would have preferred a bench seat in back.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Ford Ranger Edge 2003 has been reliable transportation and the only problem has been my son has to sit on a jump seat in the back of the cab and he is 6ft 4in and is scrunched back there. But we love the truck. We have a hardcover on the back giving it a pseudo trunk. We picked this vehicle for a work truck for my ex husband but I got it in the divorce and we use it for everyday errands. While we are very satisfied overall, I would have purchased the extended cab but can't afford it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We only had the Ford Ranger a few months and bought it quite used. My husband is the sole driver of it. We had to have the power steering fluid bled and replaced a couch le of week's after buying it from the dealership but it's an old truck and these things should be expected. It's a five speed small truck, it gets good gas mileage and we are still able to use it to haul items in the back for small yard jobs. It came with a matching canopy and we liked that too. While we had a good experience and price, the cruise control lever is broken and it appears easy to bump and break off. I might also wish we had 5 wheel drive on this model.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I wanted a pick-up and the 1998 Ford Ranger's seat was very comfortable for my injured back. The stereo, heater and air conditioner are still awesome. It had peppy response to test driving up and down winding mountain roads. This truck also came with a tonneau, which I really wanted. It was less than 6 months old when I purchased it and it has been an excellent, cost effective vehicle.

The deluxe tow package allowed me to tow a large trailer containing my household belongings from Arizona to Ohio as if it didn't know it was there. This truck tows anything I have needed to tow like a dream. And the only maintenance issue has been replacing shocks and brake drums once. This after driving round trips to Ohio and West Virginia from Arizona, and working in Ohio traveling to various counties on a monthly basis for a year. However, the regular cab is too small and it does not have very good traction on snow covered roads. When purchasing again I would order the double cab, long bed, and heavy duty rear end.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I bought a 2008 FORD Ranger 5 years ago. I love my truck. Excellent running condition. Minimal problems with vehicle itself. I have experienced many problems with thieves from other areas due to the fact that they are no longer producing these trucks. I have put over 40,000 miles on my ranger and it is very dependable. I have had small amounts of oil purposely placed in spark plug hole around wire on #2 hole and has worked wire up after 200 miles of driving them caused sudden running hesitating problems. It has happened twice now over the last year. Once I cleaned the plug hole, wire and plug everything runs normal. I have also had vandalism on it and actual "Ford" factory parts removed and replaced with older non Ford parts. My truck was an excellent choice. I have no complaints about Ford motor company and will continue to buy Fords.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Ranger?

Original review: May 15, 2018

My brand new Ford Ranger 2017 xlt has a bad vibration in the drive train since day one. Been back to Adrian Brien Ford so many times I have lost count, I now have 16,300 on clock getting rougher and they keep telling me it’s a software upgrade. It is time they put their laptop away and did some good old fashioned mechanical work because clearly it’s not an upgrade. Very very dissatisfied with their service.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Both of my Ford Rangers have been amazingly reliable. I love that my 1997 Ford Ranger XLT (4 cylinder 8 spark plugs) is a 5 speed stick shift and all of the features still work after 20 years. My other 1999 Ford Ranger XLT truck is a 6 cyl.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, which I bought in December, has 197000 miles on the OEM, 2.5 ltr, 4 banger engine. Cheap on gas, hauls everything. I've put in it and looks real Nice. No rust at all. Perfect for this old 1 legged Hillbilly. (Note right leg amputated March 2015). No hand controls needed.

Original review: March 18, 2018

My Ford Ranger with 48500 km and 15 months old developed a knock in the top end 3km from home at the end of a 6 day trip with work last Monday, sent it on a tow truck Tuesday morning. First question I was asked is what happened, then if I had been off-roading lately as there was water in the air box, something else for them to workout once fixed as the only time it gets wet is when it rains, and finally, "Where do you buy your fuel?" It is now day 5 and still waiting for an answer, Ford keeps asking for more tests to be done by Local dealership (Macarthur Ford). I have waited till the end of each day for a call before I call as it never comes. Where has customer service gone?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

On the weekend the Ranger 'auto' gearbox left me stranded in the middle of nowhere...with less than 50km on the clock this will be the 3rd time back for a major warranty issue. I have lost complete confidence in the vehicle...oh but Ford are making it extremely difficult to 'get a quote to purchase back'. So off to Dept. of Fair Trading...never, ever, ever again will I buy a Ford.

Ford Ranger Company Information