2. Automotive

4.4/5 (585 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About DriveTime

DriveTime Automotive Group Inc., based out of Phoenix, Arizona is one of the nation's largest used car dealership networks focused on providing customers with a great used vehicle.

Pros

• Quick application process
  • 5-day return guarantee
  • Options for poor credit and no credit

Cons

• Interest rates on the higher end

Bottom Line

DriveTime specializes in used vehicles for people with poor or no credit. Good customer service and a quick application process make up for the fact exact interest rates aren’t available on their website.

DriveTime Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

This was the best first car buying experience. They helped me find a good car at a fair price. I would recommend that anyone should go to Drivetime. They helped me even though I have no credit at all. They was amazing.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

The vehicle is great so far! Was just surprised that there’s no spare tire. We had given them a few days notice that we were coming to pick up the car and it was dirty inside and out and the gas tank was almost empty. The purchasing of the car took approximately 2 hours which seemed very long to us and there were a lot of things the guy didn’t seem to know or that he was unsure about. It’s been almost a month since we bought the car and still haven’t received the title to purchase the plates for it. Overall we love the car but everything else seemed to be very unorganized.

Hello Laura,

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to rate your DriveTime experience. I apologize for the time spent at our dealership while waiting to complete your purchase, in addition to the condition of your desired vehicle.

I want to assure you we strive to provide a quick and streamlined car buying process for all of our visitors. However, the time spent at our dealership varies between customers. We certainly do not want anyone to feel rushed and want to ensure each experience is personalized. Our primary goal is to ensure you leave the dealership feeling informed and confident in your vehicle purchase, and in order to do this, we take the time to address all questions or concerns each customer may have.

In regards to the condition of the vehicle, please know that we make our best effort to ensure our vehicles are presentable at the time of sale, additionally, to have an adequate amount of gas before driving off the sales lot to ensure our customers arrive at their desired destination. Also, not all automobiles have a spare tire included, if the vehicle was not equipped with a spare tire then DriveTime will include an inflation kit for good measure. If this was not the case, please contact our Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148 so we may address this.

Again, I am sorry to hear that you are disheartened by DriveTime due to your recent experience. Should you wish to discuss your review further, please contact our Customer Relations department at the number above, and a representative will be glad to assist.

Respectfully,

DriveTime Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I came in for an 11 am appointment for a job that was supposed to take 2 hours. At 230 pm I asked what the estimated time frame to completion was. I was told 2 hours at the most. At 550 pm. The time of this review, I am still here. My car is torn apart. The technician is working on other cars and not mine. I can’t leave because car is in pieces. There is also grease stains on my seat and a box sitting on the roof. My car may not be new. But it’s new to me and it is in good condition. I’m pretty unhappy and would never recommend this shop to anyone!!!!

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the experience you had with a repair facility and for any delays that occurred while trying to pick up your vehicle.

If SilverRock, our warranty partner, referred you to this repair facility, we recommend you share this feedback with them. Their vendor team will be happy to address this matter with the repair facility directly to ensure this doesn't happen to any of our customers again in the future.

We apologize once again for any inconvenience this caused. SilverRock can be reached at (877) 584-3848 for further assistance.

Sincerely,

DriveTime Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Mishan was the best sales associate I’ve ever met and I look forward to doing more future business with your company because of him. My car wasn’t the exact one I wanted but it was my next choice and I can not be more happier.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I think you should probably discuss add ons like extended warranties before arbitrarily incorporating it in to loan documents. Secondly, the loan closing seemed rush like not giving you time to think about what you're signing. Everyone that buys from Drivetime on credit isn't desperate, though they may be credit challenged.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

From start to finish our car buying experience was easy, fun and the employees that helped us were very nice and knowledgeable! Easiest car buying I’ve ever had in my life!! Great pricing and detailed and accurate information on vehicle! Would definitely come back in the future!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Vic was very professional, polite, encouraging to me for the car purchase. If there are any recommendations from individuals interested in a car, I will recommend Drivetime Auto. Even though, it was timely, the purchase was worth the wait. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

First off I found out the entire driver side half of my vehicle has been replaced due to a severe crash it had prior to my purchase. Second.. this vehicle needs struts. Now I have to take my time to go get this looked at and hope that the company Drive Time uses pays to get these replaced and a alignment. If Drive Time refuses to pay, this vehicle will be back on their South Bend lot within 24 hours and I will request my trade in back of my cash. The sales crew was at their best (being salesmen), friendly guys. I like the car over all and hope to get at least the mechanical parts replaced at no extra charge. I mean… 21k for a car that needs work already??? Nah. Not cool.

Hello James,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the mechanical concern you experienced after purchase.

We understand that mechanical concerns are never ideal. It's important to keep in mind that all our vehicles are pre-owned and inspected before placing them on our lots. While they go through an inspection, we are unable to predict when future repairs may be needed. For this reason, we provide a Limited Warranty (LW) for mechanical failures within the first 30-days/1,500-miles. We also have an optional Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) to assist in most situations there-after. Our customers are able to view their coverage at SilverRockhelp.com or reach out to SilverRock, our warranty partner, at 877-584-3848 for any coverage questions.

In reference to any damages related to an accident, we provide an Experian AutoCheck History Report as a courtesy at the time of sale. This report provides the history of the vehicle’s use, such as any prior accident records, rental or government use, registration in a storm area, or involvement in a theft. If any of these items were applicable, they would be notated in the vehicle information section of the Experian AutoCheck History Report. It is important for our customers to know that DriveTime is not associated with Experian AutoCheck in any way and has no control over what is and is not reported.

Lastly, we also offer a 5-day Vehicle Return Policy (VRP), which allows our customers the opportunity to inspect and get comfortable with their purchase to ensure they are satisfied with their vehicle. If they are not pleased with their vehicle, they can bring it back within the first 5-business days (not including the date of sale, holidays we are closed, and Sundays).

We certainly appreciate your feedback and apologize once again for any inconvenience this caused. Please reach out to our Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148, should you have any questions.

Respectfully,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Sergio was a great guy to work with in person! He helped us with getting the Jeep Compass we were there to look at and answered all our questions about how everything was going to work with payments, coverages, and the other 50 million things we asked him.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

My experience was wonderful, friendly, courteous, fast service, please with my purchase. I was however disappointed in the number of vehicles I had to choose from. Overall I was able to find what I wanted and I'm very satisfied. My salesperson was very patient even though I was not. He saw my frustration and maintained a calming attitude.

DriveTime Company Information