Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Imperial Car Computer Exchange Reviews

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Ordered an ECM for my 2008 Dodge 3500 6.7L. Was told it would be here in a week. A month later it shows up. Take it to my diesel mechanic and it doesn't work. Sent it back in November of 2018. To this day still haven't received my product. Have been told by Brian, that they are working on some. And he would call back. Nobody has ever called back. I call about 3 times a week. The past 3 weeks Brian is unavailable. Nobody can tell me anything about my ECM. Do not do business here. Spend the extra money and get it somewhere else. 5 months my dually has been sitting. Imperial Car Computer Exchange is not a reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a ECM and received a PCM. I called and was told the ECM was more money and when they received the PCM back that amount would be credited toward the ECM I needed. I said no problem. When they received the part they charged me the difference ($345.28). After several days I called and was told they did not have the part I needed. I then told them to cancel the order and refund my credit card. To date I was charged $569.68 for the wrong part, $345.28 for the part they did not have and was never sent to me, I received a credit for $308.95. They are charging me $606.00 for a part that cost $569.68 and was returned to them. I have been calling almost daily only to be told they will look into it and call me back. It's been two months and no callback. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. I won't give in.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I ordered a PCM in March. I sent them a photo of the VIN number to make sure it would be keyed properly. It wasn't keyed at all. I was sent a refurbished PCM, was told to pay a locksmith to have it keyed and it would work. I paid $110 to a locksmith, and the PCM didn't work. I then sent them the one from my car to refurbish. They did refurbish it, and sent it back to me. It failed again in October. I spoke with Brian and he assured me that it was covered and that they would get this fixed and back to me right away. I let him know that he needed to fix mine and mail it back, DO NOT SEND ME A DIFFERENT ONE. They sent a different one. They now expect me to pay a locksmith $110 again to try and key the car with no guarantee that it will work.

I have asked Brian to please guarantee me that it will work, or that they would pay the next locksmith fee if it did not, they said no. I asked for a refund, they said no. I now have a 2000 lb paperweight in my driveway with no working PCM. I have been calling for a week straight with no luck. Each time I call I am assured that Brian or the owner would call me back the same day... They never do. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered a Dakota RT in 1999 and have had it ever since. For Christmas, I decided to order a backup ECM to have on the shelf, and if lucky the flash would be an upgrade to my OEM. Well, once I read the BS from ICCE I knew I had picked the wrong folks to deal with. It contained a full list of untruths concerning modules. Modules withstand tremendous loading in crashes and all sorts of cleaners and solvents and despite what the vendor claims, I have yet to see a sensor foul a module. The vendor makes it plain, in the packaging, (nowhere on the website) if anything goes wrong with your purchased module, it is your fault... My shipment was damaged but I feel certain it had nothing to do with the "correctly" installed ICCE brick. And a brick it was. My 360 Magnum did not even try to start, though it did try to backfire.

I have no clue what this brick they sent goes to but it is not what I ordered. It is frustrating to take several hours out of a few hours vacation...wasted on junk! I reinstalled my OEM (which in 20 years has only thrown one code). It fired right off. It is certain, after reading dozens and dozens of reviews this evening, ICCE does not care about good business practice. Folks, I grew up around a working garage as a child and studied math and engineering in college. The product I was sent was junk when it left their possession. Please think before you do any business with these folks! Thanks for your time.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We ordered an ECU, received a PCM and we waited more than 4 weeks to receive the correct item and never received. We returned the incorrect product within one week, original box, never used and requested a refund. We noticed today we received a partial refund, $400 less than what we originally paid for an incorrect product. Do not do business with this company, they are terrible and clearly using a review service to create fake Google reviews on their behalf.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Imperial Car Computer Exchange?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I ordered a computer on Oct 16 2018, for a 2007 Ford Taurus. I gave them the VIN and the part number from the old computer. The replacement unit is supposed to have the correct VIN programmed into it and be ready to "plug and play". Got the replacement on Oct 22. I installed it and immediately noticed the correct VIN HAD NOT been programmed in. The vehicle would not start and run with the replacement unit installed, however it would start and run with the original unit, it just had a misfiring cylinder.

Upon checking the part number on the replacement unit with my local Ford dealership it was determined that the replacement was from a 2004 Sable with an entirely different engine and was incompatible with my vehicle. I contacted the vendor and was told to send it back (at my expense) and they would take a look at it. I told them that was unacceptable, that I had a customers car down and they can't wait another 10 days to get back on the road. I asked if they could ship out another unit overnight at their expense since this was clearly their fault. He scoffed and said "Yeah, that's not gonna happen". I found a replacement unit locally and sent theirs back for a refund. They only refunded 109.90 of the 219.90 price I was charged. They completely misrepresented their product. On their website they claim to program the correct VIN and live test each unit before it ships. They did not do either. These people are dishonest.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Car Computer Exchange, seen here as Imperial Car Computer Exchange, and shows up as Imperial Auto Services LLC on PayPal out of Cary NC sent me a defective part so I know they do not test every component but they should. The EMC they sent me would not even send a signal to my fuel pump so my vehicle wouldn't even start. Then trying to get a replacement part is where my major frustrations occurred because after many weeks and no return calls I finally had to open a dispute with PayPal and was awarded a full refund of my $815.

If you do decide to use this company then make sure to pay with PayPal for extra security and check every component your part should run to ensure that a non-working component doesn't cause more damage to another part of your engine in the future. When I told the receptionist I was tired of the runaround and would be requesting a full refund, she told me that they would withhold 30% restocking fee and $200 for programming my VIN because I returned their part. With PayPal, I had the security of their warranty and received a FULL refund due to not receiving what I ordered, which was supposed to be a fully tested and working END! I do not recommend this company!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Terrible customer service. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Here's my story. I purchased a PCM for $388 in July of 2018. I didn't receive it until mid August. The unit was faulty and they were quick to test it "fix" and send it back (about a week). Unfortunately the same problem persisted with the second unit they sent out (it wasn't supplying any power to the TB) and would remedy itself when I put the original PCM back in the vehicle.

No big deal, it's a re-manufactured PCM and weird things can happen. I requested a refund and they let me know it would take 7-10 business days. I got the refund today 9/26. Unfortunately my refund was $200 less than the original purchase!! I called and was told by a supervisor (Brian) that it doesn't matter whether the unit was faulty or not, their return policy is policy and they can't do anything about it. When I tried to explain to him that he had not fulfilled my original order because I was never sent a working unit, he was no less unmoved. Be warned folks. If you have any issues with your purchase with these people, they will keep more than HALF your money (a 25% and $50 fee). I'm really not sure how they have reviewed so well.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Ordered a computer, received it, did not work AFTER I paid $160.00 to have key fob reprogrammed to it. Sent it back, it came back STILL DEFECTIVE! Took unit to Ford Dealership where they verified unit was junk and not even programmed to the VIN Number on my vehicle as they claim to do. Try to get them to do the right thing since I had documentation unit was junk, but they refused. Luckily, PAYPAL sided with me and the evidence I presented and refunded my money. I wish I had done a little more digging, I am not the only one who has been through this. Their customer service is a joke!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Bought a PCM less than 30 days ago & it was bad & sent an email that very same day. I got to let them know. I sent it back under their 1 year warranty & took 2 weeks to only get back half my money. This company is a scam & needs shut down ASAP. Nice way to make money no matter what such as sell a bad item & when it comes back sell to someone else & always making money, what a racket.

Imperial Car Computer Exchange Company Information