Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Imperial Car Computer Exchange Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Ordered a computer, received it, did not work AFTER I paid $160.00 to have key fob reprogrammed to it. Sent it back, it came back STILL DEFECTIVE! Took unit to Ford Dealership where they verified unit was junk and not even programmed to the VIN Number on my vehicle as they claim to do. Try to get them to do the right thing since I had documentation unit was junk, but they refused. Luckily, PAYPAL sided with me and the evidence I presented and refunded my money. I wish I had done a little more digging, I am not the only one who has been through this. Their customer service is a joke!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Bought a PCM less than 30 days ago & it was bad & sent an email that very same day. I got to let them know. I sent it back under their 1 year warranty & took 2 weeks to only get back half my money. This company is a scam & needs shut down ASAP. Nice way to make money no matter what such as sell a bad item & when it comes back sell to someone else & always making money, what a racket.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Ordered a new PCM from them. After 3 weeks and multiple excuses on what and where it was I had to contact and contest charge with credit card company. Not knowing it was the same crap company I then sent my PCM in for repair. They said it was unrepairable and didn't refund the price paid. You will have to contest the charge with bank or credit card company. This company is a scam. They stopped getting enough orders on parts to keep business up so resorted to stealing money by listing fake repair services and returning as unrepairable. Dealership said it was good and something else giving repair error. It's obvious they don't know jack.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I found this company online and needed a computer for a customer's car. First, they told me they had a computer for me and I paid their price of $388.95. I waited a week before I called them to located this computer. Upon calling, they claimed to have sent me an email stating they did not have the computer and I needed to send them the old computer and they would repair it. I sent them the computer, they "repaired" it and sent it back to me a week later. We then installed the computer as per their instruction and the computer does NOT work. I called the company back, they sent a call tag for the computer and sent it to them for a second time.

More than a week passes and I called them AGAIN and talked to Brian, a tech. He states, "the computer was not communicating and they don't know why it lost communication". Brian then tells me it will be a few days before he will have an answer for me, but they are working on it. Lo and behold the next day the computer shows up at my door and we install it again... and it still doesn't work. I spent three more weeks trying to find out what this company is going to do about the computer not working. I want a refund, however I have talked to several people and all I get is smoke blown up my butt.

Now, today is August 1, 2017 and I receive a call back from Brian, he states that it is the vehicle's fault and they will not refund the money spent. In the mean time, I purchased a computer from another source, and it was installed and works just fine. CROOKS, FRAUD and SCAMMERS are all around us and this company is the WORST. The owner who's name I've been told is Jeremy, does not take calls. So, If you have any kind of sense then do NOT ever deal with these people, they are dishonest and very good liars.

Original review: April 30, 2017

This company states that they accept returns but fail to tell you they will keep half of your money to do so. I ordered a computer for my car that I ended up not needing and was told to use the return label provided to return it. I paid $278.00 for the item using my Visa and was only credited back $138.00. My order number was **. I would like the rest of my money returned for the item that I returned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Imperial Car Computer Exchange?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I am very displeased with this company. The claim is that the units being purchased are 'Plug and Play'. Yet, I had 3 different units sent to me, each taking over a week to receive, and neither one of them worked. They continued to say it was something wrong with my security system. I finally hired someone locally to reprogram the computer and they said the previous programming was all off for my vehicle. I called Car Computer Exchange to let them know this information. I spoke to Patrice. She told me there was nothing they can offer me in terms of refund for sending non-working units. On top of it all, because I had to reprogram the computer, they voided my warranty and then she HUNG UP ON ME! Completely dissatisfied with this company and I hope they learn some better customer service skills!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I order a PCM for a GMC. They told me it was plug 'n play. When arrived I connect it and it didn't work so I called them. They said "You need to programmed by open the switch 3 times for 10 minutes each periods" but it didn't worked. Send it back and they last 3 weeks for telling me that they were having problems with GM programming system. They send back the core (updated) and his useless PCM. It's been 8 months. They said hope the core can work with the updated and the other PCM I need to programmed. So it's a steal. Don't do business with this guys. Better go dealership or eBay. At least with eBay you get your money back.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I contacted this company via the internet to purchase an engine controller for a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. They sent me the 1st unit on 3/18/16, upon arrival we installed the part and had a control problem with the transmission which wasn't there prior to installing this controller (PO765 error code). After contacting them I sent back the 1st controller and they sent me a 2nd controller on 4/1/16. When I installed the 2nd controller there was a different error code (PO760) that sent the car into limping mode. I assumed there was something wrong with the car so I purchased a transmission solenoid pack and the same code was still there.

At this point I called the company about the problem with their computers. I was told by one of their representatives to send back the 2nd computer and they would have one of their techs call me about the problems. I never received a call but I got a 3rd computer on 4/29/16 that I didn't order or expect. I was able to get the customer to reschedule but this took several weeks. I installed this computer and had the same problems. At this point I sent back the final computer and tried to get a refund. I was told I wasn't eligible for a refund since it was over 30 days since I received the 1st computer. All of their computers were sent back to them defective. I am now out $218.95 for the part, labor and diagnostic time and the four times my customer had to return for repairs.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

A car computer was purchased from this company in June 2015 for my van g caravan year 2005 and payment was made accordingly and my faulty computer was sent to them as core part. In October 2015 it stopped working. They were informed about the same. They asked to send the PCM back under warranty. They returned the same unit back which never worked. I again contacted them. They wanted complete history which was provided and they asked it will not be accounted against warranty and asked about the security system and type of the key which was provided. The module was shipped to them again and they returned it. This time the car started but on 3 January 2016 it again failed. Now I contacted them. They are not listening and saying that warranty has already been used and trying to blame faulty harness/coil. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I ordered this computer and it came. I paid a mechanic to install it and it was faulty. The short story is they sent me 3 computers and none worked. I just bought a computer from Autozone and had it installed. It works great. I tried to get a refund and they will not give it to me. Save yourself time and money. Buy local.

Imperial Car Computer Exchange Company Information