3.67/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

BMW

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

1093 BMW Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2019

I had actually received a piece of mail that had said my car was a recall. Now as many years as we’ve owned the car never have I ever heard or had been sent a letter of my car being a recall and we’ve been the first owners the only owners and it’s been so many years. My car is a 2001 and they’re just recently telling me about the recall which could’ve killed me and my kids and very harmful very harmful recall. Actually it is. They should’ve notified people a lot sooner because anything could happen whether it’s your fault or not your fault. Then they tell you to come in and that they will take care of it for you but they make it almost impossible for you to bring your car in and at the very end they end up making you pay for something which is supposed to be completely on their end. The customer service was horrible.

Original review: March 15, 2019

They holding my BMW X5 car over 1 month because there is recall from BMW, and they don't have spare parts, and there is no estimate date for repairing. They just saying sit and wait, no complaining, no compensation for them, they just want to you wait, and do nothing. Even they don't offer BMW car, they offer other makes, which is not equal my car. And worst thing about BMW they pretending to be good company, which is totally lie, and their main priority is customer safe, totally lie. If your main priority was customers safe why did you sell millions cars this public and they put people's lives in danger, and they don't want to compensate it. Personally I never ever get BMW again, and wouldn't recommend anybody either, they selling not secure cars this public and don't want to compensate it. Stay away from BMW. Honestly.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We purchased a CPO X50i from BMW about 14 months ago. Out of the 14 months, the vehicle has spent about 9 months in the dealership getting repaired. We’ve dealt with the typical drivetrain malfunction issues, which seems BMW techs aren’t well trained on how to fix. Each time that the vehicle would be picked up from service, within the day the same or new issue would occur. We even tried going to a different BMW dealership to see if we had better luck and my service advisor advised that I get rid of the car and there wasn’t anything else they can do. I finally contacted BMW North America and opened up a PUMA case. They claim to give me an update every week, yet I never get any updates. Bring the vehicle is t financed through BMW financial, we’ve been stuck having to make payments for a vehicle that isn’t in any operating conditions.

In fact, twice the vehicle had heavy smoke and started to heat up, where the smoke was going into the cabin. I was driving with my son, who was scared for his life as we thought the vehicle was about to catch on fire. Being we were driving on the highway, it would be some time till I could pull over to safety. BMW NA asked us for our financials and contract for the vehicle purchase, but nothing has been done. We have officially been consistently in a loaner for over 5 months. I’m sick of it, it’s not fair to us, yet we have to pay the price. We have a 2016 Mercedes S550 and it’s our 3rd one, and no issues. We also had a 2012 BMW 750 and similar issues. I’m giving BMW 2 weeks to make this right.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased new 525i in 2001. Should have never purchased new 2009 528I. Spent too much time prior to 50K mileage warranty having BMW serviced and too much time plus money after 50K for other vehicle problems that "were not covered " by warranty. Called North America BMW headquarters in New Jersey. Headquarters could care less about their product and customers. Bought Porsche Cayenne 4 years ago and wondered what I ever saw in BMW. Complete night and day difference in quality of the vehicle. I will tell as many potential BMW buyers to NOT purchase a BMW. Do NOT purchase BMW's. I have been told that a significant amount of the money made by the company is from the repairs of the vehicles. Surely BMW headquarters is aware considering they are supplying the parts for all of the expected/planned repairs.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I lease a $120,000 750xi and have had nothing but problems with this car. The car has been in the shop over 10 times including the recent 25 day trip where they replaced the engine!!! On a brand new 2016 lease never owned before. BMW refuses to make my payment for me. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They lost my car once, one time gave me the car back with a flat tire. The list goes in. THE WORST COMPANY EVER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I bought an X5 two years ago for 35k. The NOx sensors apparently are a huge issue. My car has been at a BMW dealer for 3 weeks! Still not fixed! $2000 later I don’t have my car! Called corporate, they don’t give a ** whether my car runs or not. Will not help me. These cars are lemons. Do NOT buy BMW!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I am the first owner of A 2008 528i. Just installed my 3rd transmission into my beemer, it's hilarious such German build? First one out at 45000 miles about over 5 years ago, then the warranty just outdated and go through back and forward negotiated with the dealer. Finally they paid for the transmission and I paid $1800 for the Labor charge... And 2 weeks ago it's out again and this time I had 139200 miles on it, which mean about 5 years again, so just have the rebuild one puts on for a few days, and runs good so far, other than transmission problems, everything are fine. I love this car, just don't understand why can't they good one like Japanese... Haha!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I took my BMW 328i with 48,000 miles in to the BMW Birmingham service department on a Friday afternoon for a new battery. I was told by the service advisor that it needed coils, a new belt, belt tensioner, and some type of “boot” due to an oil leak. They quoted my over $2,000 for the repair. I told them I could not afford that much unexpected repair work and agreed to the battery and coils, which they said were a minimum to get the vehicle running properly at a cost of about $1,250.

I also told them that my 16-year-old daughter drives the vehicle to school (around 5-10 miles a day) and that I was having it repaired because she wanted to drive it to a school dance the following day. 10 days later and less than 100 miles following the $1,250 repair, the vehicle was towed to the private garage of a retired BMW technician due to a coolant leak. After he inspected the vehicle, he told me that there was nothing wrong other than the radiator hose clamp had been removed and slid down the hose at the heater core. This could be seen easily by a BMW technician. He repaired the vehicle by reconnecting the hose/hose clamp and replacing the coolant.

I called Birmingham BMW 6 times without a return call over a 10 day period and went by the dealership in-person once to speak with them about my issue and no one would talk with me. When I asked to speak with a manager and for a business card for the manager I was told that everyone was in a meeting and that they did not give out business cards. I persisted for a contact in writing for management and the wrote a name and number on a post-it note.

I shared this with BMW of North America and asked for help contacting the dealership. I received a call from a service advisor the following day, who proceeded to make excuses when I shared my concerns then he transferred me to a service manager who acted in disbelief when I told him what happened to me. I shared my concern that the service department was pushy about the need for service with urgency to do it quickly before something broke and rendered the car undriveable.

I question this culture within the dealership and asked the service manager how a technician could miss something as obvious as a clamp that had been disconnected and slid down the hose? I was told that the technician would not see an issue with the cooling system since he was working on the battery/coil pack/electrical system. To which I replied, then how did they find issues related to an oil leak and the belt and belt tensioner? And they had no response other than they would check into it. I have had no further response and feel that I cannot trust BMW Birmingham, Alabama to service my vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I am sending this complaint because I would like to leave a precedent in relation to BMW's poor service (customer service, car technical service department, and the financial department). When I got my car lease BMW in 2016, I got the tire and wheel protection they offered me. But it was the worst decision I took. This protection never cover me beside is the worst protection according with the policy. I got the tires and Wheels insurance which covered any damage that might arise. A few weeks ago I saw the need to carry my car because the screen showed that the tires on the back of the car were with air deficit, in addition to a physical malformation that we noticed one of the wheels (bowel).

After reviewing it in the service, they came to the conclusion that the two rear tires had to be changed, but that the insurance only covered one, and the other would not be covered because it did not have a hole or a nail. Irresponsible situation on the part of them, taking into account that if I had continued with that car because of that bad physical formation of the tire I could have exposed myself to having an accident that could possibly have generated death or physical damage.

I explained the situation and obtained the advice of both mechanics, lawyers, and BMW employees, who concluded that they did not know why I had not covered the insurance. Finally pay to be able to withdraw my car. Now I receive a bill where I have to pay the dealer's fee in addition to a remaining payment. I think BMW irresponsible, because in my case I was forced to deliver the car before the time because I did not feel safe driving a car in which I had no guarantees. Because of this, I am in the process of sending a complaint to the BBB or consult it having illegal process initiated. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Disappointing policy concerning factory tires that are sold with a new vehicle. Don't get caught in this SCAM, there is no warranty, so same day you purchase your new vehicle, if tires start losing air and you find there is a puncture. Too bad, you get to purchase a new tire out of pocket. You then purchase a new tire, same brand and model and the dealer warrants the new tire for 1 year? Huh. No offer from dealership or from the national headquarters of any discount or compensation for your trouble and issue. What type of customer service is this?? This is my first BMW so starting off with a very sour taste of things to come from this experience.

BMW Company Information