2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

BMW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have owned my 2013 BMW 535i for 7 years now and love the car! Great performance, looks and fuel efficiency. The water pump recently blew on it at 60K but I heard that is typically the ONLY thing that fails on this car. One major thing in 7 years... still love the car. Everything works flawlessly on the car and I often get comments from co-workers about how awesome the car looks. I drove it long distance from San Diego to Santa Cruz up the beautiful CA coast highway and had a blast zooming around all the curves. I hope to have this car for many more years to come.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My BMW is an X3. It is by far the best car I have had since my last X3. I needed to drive a Cadillac and ACURA to really appreciate the BMW. It drives smoothly and with power. It has great gadgets and a wonderful sound system. After five months, it appears to be getting between 24 & 25 MPG. The seat are really comfortable and there is pretty of room in the back. I looked at a Cadillac XT4 but my golf clubs wouldn’t fit - they do in the X3. The blue paint is beautiful. I really enjoy this car and feel very safe when I drive it.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Love this car (X1) great value for the price. It drives beautifully and has UNBELIEVABLE radius. It's extremely solid and easy to keep clean. However, it's small inside and will not fit standard car seats. Also, the beeping and chimes are total overkill and cause anxiety. The clock cannot be seen well. The worst part is the locks. You cannot open the door and then immediately open the back door or hatch. It requires crawling back in to push the unlock button TWICE and the button is near the center instead of the door. Dumb and difficult spot! But we feel safe in this car.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This is my current car. I have had it 8 years. It is a 2004 E46 BMW M3, I think it is the most beautiful of the M3's (probably biased). It is such a fast car and can quickly lull you into thinking 100 mph is 50 mph. The brakes and handling add to the effect. Always keep an eye on the speedometer! It's 2 door sedan bodywork is very practical. There are seat belts for 5 inside. My car has unusual Caramel leather upholstery with Birds Eye Maple wood trim. These M3's are starting to go up in value which is a nice surprise. I would recommend that anyone that can should invest in a M3 now before they increase in value much more.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The X1 is like a slightly elevated station wagon. I am small so I like its size. I bought this car used (could never afford a new one) and it appeared to be in good shape... 2015 - only 60K. It had been well kept. It also had all the bells and whistles (paid for by the first owner): heated seats, heated steering wheel, xLine, GPS, backup camera... Pretty loaded AND new tires. I love it. Zippy enough... Good MPG 34 hwy 24 in town. I have owned a number of BMW's and this is a true BMW. Others I have owned have worn the title, "BMW" with more flash and style. However, this car is fine for me.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Awesome car to drive. I am on my 4th BMW. But this will be my last. My current car is a 335i. I need a footwear module. I cannot drive the car because of this part needs replaced. I contacted BMW because my car is just out of the warranty. Now mind you BMW extended this warranty because this part was defective. So knowing that asking for any help to cover the cost seemed reasonable. My car has 60k. It's a 2010. The warranty is 10 years 156k. I was told BMW won't help not one penny. Because of the age. Now owning 4 of these cars. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of money I have spent on repairs over the years. So now knowing I have to eat this cost. I am told 30-60 day to even get the part. So thanks BMW. I won't have a car to drive till I can get this handled. So once this puppy is fixed. I WILL BE TRADING IT IN! This is the last BMW I will own.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I have had a love affair with BMW since the mid 1990's, however I'm sorry to say that relationship is on the rocks. Having had 3 brand new BMW cars and one new BMW motorcycle I can now say that "BMW quality" is no longer a corporate mandate, just a slogan. What was once (with proper care) a vehicle that you could rely on, be proud of and enjoy has become the brand of "what next". I say this as my X3 sits in a service bay to replace the drivers side mirror which fell off! $1300 To replace something not broken not damaged but the latest in a long line part failures that was preceded by a motorcycle that I literally had to throw away.

WHAT? Yes a 2003 R1200C with less than 12000 miles stored in my hanger that in 2014 turned into junk because of cheap manufacturing processes, poor quality wiring and metal plating that literally fell off. Sound familiar, among exterior body reflectors and interior parts that have fallen off or delaminated on the X3 the one that has convinced me is the drivers door handle that is slowly turning into black goop and when I showed it to the service writer he said and I quote "On the earlier models you had to replace the entire door panel".... As I said in the beginning not worth the money, because you are paying for quality that is no longer there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I’m writing to complain about how BMW Financial Services demonstrated disrespect and completely disregard for a potential client time and money. I’ve been a client of AUDI and Mercedes without any issues whatsoever and my recent experience with BMW is the complete opposite. I applied for a lease assumption REF number ** my first email being on July 10th. I sent an individual application mentioning I wanted to do it under my business instead which I mentioned to your current client.

After not receiving any answer from BMW your client made contact by phone asking them to send him the business form, which he forwarded me. I promptly filled the form and sent it back to the assumptions team, no answer again. I called every other day to check and the customer service had nothing to say but to ask me to call again on a later date. I resent the form by email and fax and called again since I had no answer from the assumptions team again. This time I was informed that they received and were reviewing it, but there was an issue with my SSN issuance date. The solution proposed was for me to send a copy of my social security card by email (very secure by the way) which I ended up doing.

This cycle (SSN issue) repeated 3 times, with many hours of phone calls to the customer service because the assumptions team was not able to answer a single email (0 of 8) that I sent, not even to acknowledge receipt the first time. After the 3rd time I’ve got the same answer from customer service (SSN issuance date issue) I asked to escalate to a supervisor since clearly the assumptions team was not doing their job even after I complied with their request (SS card by email), but to my surprise, or perhaps I shouldn’t be surprise with anything anymore the customer service told me there was no supervisor to escalate the issue to.

While I was still trying to solve this I told your current client to search for another person to take over his lease since I didn’t know how long it would take to get it done. The conclusion to this is that I received 2 letters denying my application (individual and business), ended up with hard inquiry in my credit report and $500 in fees which I was told there was a refund if the application was denied. What intrigues me the most is the world is going through a terrible situation, there’s a lot of people unemployed and the ones that are employed at BMW Financial Services probably shouldn’t be there. What is the kind of client BMW seeks? I wonder since I have a 770 credit score (it’s in your letter REF **).

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I had a significant engine oil pan gasket leak requiring a costly repair with a 41/2 year old 2009 BMW 535 at 57,751 miles in December 2014. On this occasion BMW were very responsive and promptly reimbursed 90% of my costs. I have now had an identical but even more costly repair at an even lower mileage, 47,983 with a 2013 X5 with the same engine. On this occasion BMW have been leading me on a "circle jerk" routine for nearly a month. My question is therefore, is this a systemic problem with this engine or have I just been unlucky?

Original review: July 24, 2020

The appearance of the 330is is way off. The reason why we as public is going wild over the e30 325is is because of its boxy body shape as it is to perfect, the amazing sound of the M20 2.7 motor and interior. I would prefer revive the original e30 325is with a slight twist of lil bit of modern interior updates and wheels but leave the appearance and motor as it is.

BMW Company Information