2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.91/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

BMW Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have owned my 2013 BMW 535i for 7 years now and love the car! Great performance, looks and fuel efficiency. The water pump recently blew on it at 60K but I heard that is typically the ONLY thing that fails on this car. One major thing in 7 years... still love the car. Everything works flawlessly on the car and I often get comments from co-workers about how awesome the car looks. I drove it long distance from San Diego to Santa Cruz up the beautiful CA coast highway and had a blast zooming around all the curves. I hope to have this car for many more years to come.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My BMW is an X3. It is by far the best car I have had since my last X3. I needed to drive a Cadillac and ACURA to really appreciate the BMW. It drives smoothly and with power. It has great gadgets and a wonderful sound system. After five months, it appears to be getting between 24 & 25 MPG. The seat are really comfortable and there is pretty of room in the back. I looked at a Cadillac XT4 but my golf clubs wouldn’t fit - they do in the X3. The blue paint is beautiful. I really enjoy this car and feel very safe when I drive it.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Love this car (X1) great value for the price. It drives beautifully and has UNBELIEVABLE radius. It's extremely solid and easy to keep clean. However, it's small inside and will not fit standard car seats. Also, the beeping and chimes are total overkill and cause anxiety. The clock cannot be seen well. The worst part is the locks. You cannot open the door and then immediately open the back door or hatch. It requires crawling back in to push the unlock button TWICE and the button is near the center instead of the door. Dumb and difficult spot! But we feel safe in this car.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This is my current car. I have had it 8 years. It is a 2004 E46 BMW M3, I think it is the most beautiful of the M3's (probably biased). It is such a fast car and can quickly lull you into thinking 100 mph is 50 mph. The brakes and handling add to the effect. Always keep an eye on the speedometer! It's 2 door sedan bodywork is very practical. There are seat belts for 5 inside. My car has unusual Caramel leather upholstery with Birds Eye Maple wood trim. These M3's are starting to go up in value which is a nice surprise. I would recommend that anyone that can should invest in a M3 now before they increase in value much more.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The X1 is like a slightly elevated station wagon. I am small so I like its size. I bought this car used (could never afford a new one) and it appeared to be in good shape... 2015 - only 60K. It had been well kept. It also had all the bells and whistles (paid for by the first owner): heated seats, heated steering wheel, xLine, GPS, backup camera... Pretty loaded AND new tires. I love it. Zippy enough... Good MPG 34 hwy 24 in town. I have owned a number of BMW's and this is a true BMW. Others I have owned have worn the title, "BMW" with more flash and style. However, this car is fine for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: May 7, 2020

Bridgewater, NJ said they can not take the X128i we are leasing (and 3 years of full lease has been completed) becuase of Murphy's Executive order to keep NJ safe (duing the COVID period). However, when I called the BMW Financial Services, they said we need to make the payment to keep the car. How is that fair by BMW? The car is not even driven at all for last 6 weeks.

I am ready to return the car and toally understand that only essestial businesses needs to be open, but here is a company who wants to make full use of the situtation of charging the customers. Very very dissappoiting in BMW and surely I am not the only one who has been forced to do so. This was my 3rd BMW and never going back to this company.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I have dealt with Victoria BC BMW now for 5 years and am sorry to say that they have lost me as a customer. Forever. Awful, horrible, deplorable service. They simply disregard the clients concerns. Over the past 2 years my vehicle has been in the repair shop to have the following fixed and they simply just say they can't fix the following:

a) A car that just stalls out of the blue for no reason.
    b) Brakes that squeal in reverse.
    c) Also the brakes needed to be replaced after 10K km!!! Which was not covered by warranty. This is ridiculous and there needs to be a recall on that model - 2018 X1.

d) The trunk closes when you are half way inside of it. Very scary. I requested they disengage that automatic setting and they were unable to do it. ???? So I have lived for 2 years in fear of going into the trunk because it would randomly close on me when I was inside of it.

BMW VICTORIA- you do not live up to the customer service mission statement of BMW.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I have 2014 X3 since 2018 and the problems start 2020 after expired of extended guarantee period of course. Same problem 3 times. Same service station which is Oregon Bmw in Halifax Canada but they didn't completely solve my problem but l pay every attempt, called to head office of bmw Canada. They also say that, "You should pay every step of maintenance even we couldn't find anything." So my car almost new now because they changed many parts and still same problem. I don't want to use this car anymore.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased a 2015 BMW 435i brand new. I purchased all the extended warranties and maintenance packages. Since 2017 I have had an ongoing issue with the car not starting. It happens when least expected. I have replaced the battery 3 times in the last year. The last time it was in for repair I was told that they could not replicate the problem. So basically BMW cannot fix their own product. I was so frustrated. I told my service advisor that if they can’t fix it then no one can! No one cared! I called customer relations to No avail.

I thought I would be able to keep this car for many years to come but due to its unreliability, I had to trade it in for a completely different brand. I lost tens of thousands of dollars! Last but not least, I called the finance department to get a refund on what was left of the extended warranties only to find out that many of them are no refundable! I will tell anyone who will listen, do NOT purchase any of these vehicles, they are not the quality that they are marketed to be. I know at least three other people who have had multiple problems with various models. One of which sued with lemon law and got another vehicle. I did not want another vehicle, I just wanted them to fix mine! This was a VERY expensive lesson learned.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I leased a brand new 5 series and it had a rodent nest and the rodents ate up all the wires. The power steering went after only having the car for 7 days. BMW headquarters does nothing for you. They claim the dealerships are individual owned and you have to deal with the service manager. Never ever again will I go back to BMW after this.

BMW Company Information