3.60/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

BMW

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

BMW Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This vehicle really is the ultimate driving machine for its segment. What it lacks in luxury it more than makes up for in performance. I only gave it 4/5 stars because I favor comfort over performance of which BMW prioritizes oppositionelle of me. Only complaint is that AppleCarPlay is subscription only as of today. Hyundai includes it standard.....not a good look.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I own a 2008 335i with 50k miles. I was alerted via the mail that there was an airbag recall. When I called the 800 number and gave them my VIN I was then told it had 3 recalls. I called the closest BMW dealer to schedule repair. I was told they could not give me a loaner car even though I am an hour away and the three recalls would take all day. Upon arriving at the dealer with my wife following me in another vehicle I observed customer after customer receiving loaner vehicles for only routine service. The recalls weren't my fault, BMW offered no help at their 800 number.

This will be the last BMW I ever own. I own or have owned Mercedes, Porsche, Ford and GM. In this day and age vehicles have issues I understand that but BMW should have stepped to the plate and at least offered a loaner for a 7 hour repair. They did not...This review may not mean much or my one wallet may not mean much to them but they will not receive any more of my hard earned money....

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

It is not a trustworthy car at all. It is not a trustworthy car at all - put me in a near-death situation. I just about avoided a major accident due to a manufacturing fault with timing chain which should last for 200,000 miles (BMW's claim) and my car has only done less than 68000 miles. This was brought to the attention of BMW before the incident but they are trying to hide behind corporate "write-right".

It is generally accepted that, for all cars, timing chain should last for the lifetime of the engine. This is a known issue associated with the N42/N43 engine (fitted in models between 2007 to 2011 which my 3 series is from). Even though timing chains are supposed to last a lifetime, clearly this seems to be well known issue with BMW engines and they are well aware of it. We were not aware of it until it was brought to our attention by an external mechanic after taking the car to their garage due to some warning lights. Please note we had taken this to a BMW approved service centre before taking it to an external garage and this was not diagnosed property by BMW approved mechanics (Cooper BMW Cobham to be precise).

I informed BMW directly about this issue and also highlighted the fact that the brakes were becoming stiff. They ignored this to a point where the brakes got extremely stiff and nonworkable, suddenly on my way to home with my 5 year old child. Realising this, somehow with all my strength pulled the car to a nearby shopping place, driving crazily. The recovery man checked the car and found the brakes to be so stiff. He asked me, "Do you know you would have ended up in a tragic accident, you are very lucky!"

After the incident, I am still stressed with very little sleep at night. I could not believe that my son and I narrowly escaped a tragic accident. It is unfortunate that neither BMW or the Cooper Cobham, warned me of the health and safety risks involved despite bringing this issue to their attention. They dragged things in the name of diagnosis to be carried out. As this was a known fault, they should have straightway made arrangements for my car to be checked and remedied at their expense.

This also reminded me of BMW's electrical failure issue which lead to a fatality and made a lot of press (Narayan Gurung case). In this case, BMW was highly criticised for not recalling cars and putting customers lives at risk. It is saddening to know that these big business minded and money motivated people care so less about precious lives of people. I am not allowed to link the article here but if you google Narayan Gurung road death you will find many articles including reporting on Court criticising BMW.

I have taken this matter further with BMW. Even after letting them know of the nearly death accident, they are ignoring it and dragging things in the name of diagnosis. The car is with the garage since Thursday and to date they have not carried out any diagnosis. It is extremely unfortunate that BMW is ignoring such a serious matter. There are more to this story including some crucial evidences, which I am keeping hold of at the moment as I may have to take the matter legally if BMW continues to ignore me despite the seriousness of the matter. But if you are in similar situation, please get in touch as I am happy to share those with you.

I am not a car savvy but I have done a lot of research after I found out about manufacturing fault with my car which I use to meet my day to day needs. I am uploading this here so that people are aware of this and am pretty sure there are other BMW users in similar or same situation. I am a person who stand for justice and I am not going to leave it like this. I will keep you all updated of BMW's response to this issue and whether they resolve this at their cost.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I bought a Z4 from a the BMW dealer in San Luis Obispo, CA. It only had 34K miles on it and SEEMED like a good car. In less than a week, the power top quit. I called service and they acted like they wanted to get off the phone and told me to drive back 3 hours one way to let them look at the car. I have no family, so if the part has to be ordered, how can I leave it and be without a vehicle? Also, in the short time I have owned the car, the dealer should be more helpful. This is a purchase that the car tore up in less than a week! I plan to post everywhere and get media involved. I can't buy a car and then start being out major expense for a lemon! I am going to also get California involved and their lemon laws.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I purchased a BMW X5 on August 9/15 and have had good experience with the free maintenance on an annual basis. As I approached the 4 year expire date (August 9/19) I was not able to have the vehicle service before that date. I planned to have the vehicle serviced for the last free visit on September 9/19 and was told that the agreement had expired and that there would be no further free visit. As I had initially paid more than I should have for the vehicle (including 4 free maintenance visits) I feel that the final visit should have been honored. I contacted BMW USA and they ("unfortunately") will not allow any maintenance past the expiry date. This is a warning to others before you purchase a BMW - DO NOT MISS YOUR FINAL VISIT. I will not be purchasing a future vehicle from BMW.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

BMW was overpaid on a car loan and the financial service department continues to give me the run-around insisting the check is in the mail when I call. There would be penalties for me if I was late! What makes it OK for them to do this?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

BMW does not stand behind their products. They do not work with their loyal customers to resolve their complaints. They took my car for repairs and told me I needed body work done on a car that was given to them intact. They caused damage to my vehicle and now are unable to repair it, replace it, or to provide me transportation in the meantime. I am stranded without a vehicle after being a loyal customer for a decade. Please look at other luxury vehicles as this one does not stand behind their product nor do they care to accommodate their loyal customers. BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

BMW decided to charge me an extra months payment after the trade-in of my car. I didn't even own the car at that point. Couldn't drive it, couldn't see it. Of course customer service was condescending trying to make me feel like I am stupid for request my funds returned for an item I didn't have use over. From one to the other rep I spoke with didn't even know the correct policies of the company for different situations. I got the runaround. Learn from my mistake, avoid BMW!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Fuel pump went out on interstate 80 in remote Wyoming 18 months after being replaced by a dealer on a recall. Left me stranded on the shoulder in the dark during a thunderstorm. Called BMW customer service to start the process of getting reimbursed for the defective part. Was told it is not covered unless repaired by a certified BMW dealer. What are you supposed to do when there is no dealers within 250 miles. All told this breakdown cost over $2k. Thanks BMW for nothing!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I bought a BRAND new BMW 530 XDrive last May 2019. This June 2019 I got a flat tire. I called roadside assistance for the first time and arranged a pick up. It took over 3 hours (FIRST sign they don't care) but they finally got a tow truck to me. The Company's name was T & T towing based in Waldorf. The dealership they were supposed to take my car to was less than 30 minutes up the road. SO after an hour has passed and no update. I called T&T towing to see the status of my vehicle. I was then informed "NOBODY WANTS YOUR CAR, WE WILL DROP IT OFF WHEN WE DROP IT OFF". I look on my BMW app and see my car is heading to Waldorf and not BMW of Silver Spring as requested. I contact BMW RSA to let them know how I am being spoken to and that I would like my vehicle returned. I went to Google and wrote a review about the towing company.

10 minutes later BMW RSA calls me back and say that T & T towing is refusing to return my vehicle because of my review. (Second sign they don't care) why would you call me. I don’t know them. YOU (BMW) chose them to tow my car. So if you are saying they won’t return it then my car is stolen at this point. Another Hour goes by no car. I now get the police involved and T & T towing decides to bring back my car. It is now 12am the next day.

I called BMW to schedule a pickup for the next morning for 7:30-8am so they can get it because I go to work. I called the next morning at 8 only to be informed NO Tow truck was scheduled (Third sign they don't care). I call them and rearrange and afternoon pickup after 5. I get car tow by Past and Present Towing and Recovery. I go pick up my car and I now have a BIG gash missing from my bumper. I call and file a claim on June 5th 2019.

First BMW denied my claim saying there is no record they towed my vehicle a second time. Then after I got RSA to send report because it seems customer service and RSA are on different networks and it shows they towed it twice. I am on month 3 and they STILL haven't made a decision on my vehicle. I am going to sell this car and get an Audi or Mercedes. No reason to spend this much and they treat you like this.

BMW Company Information