Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

1049 BMW Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My BMW X5 diesel 2017 has 16000 miles and has died 2 times in the middle of the road. Abruptly stopped, almost hit twice in the side and rear end. I had a BMW 535 diesel and the same experience at 36,000+ miles. All 3 times, major fuel pump failures with no advanced warning. Stranded two times, 4 hour tow wait time! Uhg! Glad I had AAA towing as a backup!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

BMW limited warranty is a joke, BMW customer relations is a joke, BMW customer reimbursement center is a joke as well. One star is a understatement! Would not waste your time on this overpriced garbage unless you have money to burn and time to waste! Avoid BMW like the plague! Customer service is the pits! Trying to have anything repaired by them is a joke and a waste of time. How many recalls does a car need before they will buy it back? You have been warned. Stay clear.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had a 2006 330i replaced all window regulators at $285.00 per window, replaced cly head assy. Steering angle sensor. Traded that P.O.S. In to BMW dealer for a 2010 X3. I have replaced all 4 window regulators and both rear regulators broke again today 9/19/2018 (no recall???). On this car, steering angle sensor for 4x4 light and brake light on $326.00. On airbag light came on took car to Roseville BMW for recall repair of passenger seat mat on 5/31/2018 they ordered part and said will call me when it comes in, and no one can sit in passenger seat until repaired, well, today is 9/19/2018 and they have not called me that the part is in yet!!!

My 2006 X5 all 4 window regulators, steering angle sensor, oil dip stick tube, 1 door handle carrier assy, front driveline rubber joint, center support bearing assy, r/r airbag, L/Front drive shaft, (this is going out again), fuel sender w/ Pump, has blue smoke at idle, needs valve guide seals replaced at a cost of $10,000.00 to $12,000.00. I just read that BMW built aircraft engines. Thank god they stopped or planes would be dropping from the sky left and right.

BMW is not the ultimate driving machine. They are the ultimate money sucking machine!!! I had a 1988 Buick Regal and never had to replace window regulators. So if you buy one of these P.O.S. I hope you have a healthy savings account. You will need it. BMW USA does not take care of their customers. I would never buy one again!!! BMW are the biggest junk cars ever built. I hope this helps people who are looking for an (ultimate money sucking machine!!!).

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I'm leasing a 2017 230i xDrive Convertible. In one year and 12K miles, I've already had to replace 3 run flat tires at a cost of $400-$500. Now I know why I was offered insurance at the time of my lease, which I didn't take. I've never needed it before. No one explained the issues with these tires. Now I find myself either having to make a one time payment of $1,300 for the insurance for the remainder of my lease; put regular tires on the car but run the risk of damaging the transfer case ($4-5K repair) or continuing replacing tires every time I hit a pothole. This is my Ultimate Driving Experience; NOT!!! Horrific experience; never again; a total disappointment.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I have a BMW X5 (2012) which I purchased new, it had an AC problem however that won't be fixed by BMW. Here is my story on the X5. After warranty is done at 50K miles this is where all the troubles start. Thermostat failure a 2500$ repair, Burnt Oil smell, fluid leak repair $2500 in 2016 by a BMW Repair service. Took it to the dealer to see if it would resolve and he replaced the same Oil Gasket leak at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, CA for roughly $2500 in Aug 2017. Now I take it back to the dealer and ask him about the 2 year warranty and he says it is a different issue and I need to spend another $1500 to get this fixed. There is no end to the excuses for bad repairs but I wanted to call out that my experience with BMW and their repair technicians is so poor that they refuse to accept responsibility or address the issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had an issue with a BMW dealership - Coast BMW from San Luis Obispo to be precise. They have been dishonest and unreliable. Save yourself the time, go somewhere else. I contacted BMW customer relations CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com and after a few generic non-answer I was finally told the truth. You are on your own, BMW USA could not care less what happens in the so called BMW dealership.

Here is the official response: “BMW Customer Relations and Services provides aftersales information on warranty, vehicle, and manufacturer-related inquiries. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with information regarding vehicle sales. Since all sales are processed a fulfilled by the sales team at independently owned and operated authorized BMW centers, we recommend continuing to work directly with the sales manager at Coast BMW. The sales manager is in the best position to further assist you with your concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to write to us."

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

X28i X1 - Car with 75000 mile completely shut off in middle of traffic with catastrophic engine failure due to timing chain. We were lucky we were not killed. Cost us $8000 to replace engine (we still owe on the vehicle loan to begin with). Drove the car once and now it needs a new battery and alternator. Piece of crap and BMW should step up and reimburse us for this repair as they know this problem exists.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am leasing a 2017 BMW 330i BMW. I really like my BMW car. On Sunday July the 30th my daughter and her daughter three month old baby girl were in the back seat in my BMW. My daughter ask if I would stop her Wendy's at 3041 Headland Dr. When my daughter got out of the car to go into Wendy's her daughter was asleep. I was sitting in the first seat on my phone. After about two minutes later I heard my granddaughter crying. I opened my door to get out and to get in the back seat with my three month old granddaughter. I shut the driver's door and went to open the back door and it was locked and went back to open the driver's door which I had just got out of and it was locked also. I checked all doors and they were all locked.

I was devastated. My three month granddaughter was lock in the car and crying. I could not understand this at all because my keys to the car was still in the car and the car was still running. I was so upset, I ran into Wendy's to tell my daughter and to ask for help. All this time my three month old granddaughter was in the car still crying really bad. My daughter and about six other people ran out of Wendy's to my car to help. Because all doors were locked a young lady had to break the back window on the BMW for us to get the door open to get my granddaughter. We got my granddaughter out ok but she did have broken glass all over her from the young lady breaking the window. Your BMW Lover.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We financed a used Lemony Fresh BMW 328i from BMW North Scottsdale less than 6 months ago and have been defrauded out of $25,000 purchase and stuck paying $415 a month for a car I cannot use and have been fighting BMW North Scottsdale for the last 6 months to do the right thing. When we purchased the vehicle we were told the vehicle had undergone a comprehensive multi-point inspection and that it was ready to be driven. We were pressured into buying the most expensive "Platinum Extended Warranty" to cover all of the major repairs like the engine components. Since we have purchased the car it has been in the service center more than it has been driven.

The first problem we had was all of the seat belts stopped working simultaneously we were charged a $200.00 service "cleaning" fee as they found toothpicks in the seat belts instead of covering it under the lifetime seat belt warranty. The car had a systematic vacuum pump failure which should have been covered under the recall "13V454000" or even the "platinum extended warranty" both of which were denied as the recall was VIN specific despite the fact that it exempted the same symptoms. The Warranty claimed they didn't have it on their list of parts covered even though its a mandatory part of the engine to function. This has caused the car to catch on fire while my kids were in it, put billows of smoke inside the cabin of the car and make it unsafe to drive since the day we bought it.

We have sent the car into their service center and have attempted to resolve this issue at least 4x now and they refuse to acknowledge or fix the issue without us paying for it. If this is what BMW North Scottsdale or “Penske Automotive” stands for save your money. Go to CHAPMAN BMW Instead! The service people at BMW advised us to purchase another car vs fixing this one. All of this in less than 6 months… I am under the impression that not only did they have knowledge of this failure prior to selling the car but they sold it to us on purpose with the intent of defrauding us out of a working vehicle so they could just get rid of it as quickly as possible as we have not been able to drive this car more than it has been out of commission. We have already put thousands of dollars into this vehicle being repaired and now they want an additional $3,611.00 to fix the issues with the car.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Replaced and paid 1000 dollars for front side camera on a BMW 550I 2011-2012. This issue was caused due the faulty design of camera system where the water intrudes and damages the camera and wire harness. This should be recall and be replaced in all BMW maintained cars. Totally tired of this car since as it has given me so much stress.

BMW Company Information