BMW

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have purchased 3 consecutive BMW's. I love the brand. I've had my most recent vehicle for 3 months, a 535i, and it's a great car. I noticed that one of my door handle trim pieces was missing and the other was loose. I looked for damage and there wasn't any. I went to the dealer and they were very helpful and accommodating. They took pictures, took notice of there not being any damage, and they said they would contact BMW on my behalf. A few days later the dealer called me to let me know that BMW would not offer assistance. The resolution they suggested is that I purchase new door handles plus the cost of programming comfort access because the trim pieces are not sold separately. ($500+ Per Handle.)

After, I have spoken to BMW independent of the dealer and they are asking for more pictures. I don't understand this since they already have them. I conclude that the trim pieces have fallen off due to a problem with the adhesive not performing to specs (The trim piece itself is made of plastic with tape strip on the inner side). I am very disappointed that as a loyal customer, I would be dismissed in this fashion. I just spent over $60k for this vehicle.

Have owned Chevys, Fords, Hondas, Lexus, Jeeps, but none of them compared to the Junk of a BMW. I thought Ford was the worst vehicle I have owned...until I decided to purchase "The ultimate driving machine" against the advice of my 5 uncles who are mechanics. Thought "Why not see what these "High class cars?"" I am now a believer that these cars are sold to wealthy people mostly who know nothing about cars other than the reputation they have amongst the wealthy. With under 100k I had a leaky valve cover gasket, which caused my ignition coils to go out and have to be replaced. After that repair the fuel pump needed replaced then following that the injectors needed replaced. Luckily for me, I bought the extended warranty and those repairs were covered. After it broke 100k miles I pulled out of my driveway and noticed a bunch of steam coming from under the hood.

After further examination I found that BMW used a cheap assistance black piece of plastic literally comparable to the material a plastic straw from McDonalds is made out of. Well that cheap piece had crumbled. After repairing that problem, the check engine light came on again, from leaky valve cover again, fouling the ignition coils, again.

Immediately following that repair... It has snowed and I was sitting in my car with the heater on, when a big plume of smoke came out from under the dash. I immediately shut the car off and located the problem. Hindsight I should have just let the car catch fire and burn to the ground. Turns out that there has been a slow drip coming from the cabin air filter, which dripped down behind the dash onto the heater fan, which made its way slowly down to the heater fan regulator and eventually made its way inside the regulator, which with a well engineered vehicle, should have just blown the fuse.

Instead of the fuse blowing, the regulator grounded out melted the connector inside the regulator and melted the wires down to copper wire about 3 inches down the wire harness. When the repairs were finished, hooked the battery back up and started the car, went to look under the hood to check everything going out just to notice a ton of oil that was spewing out of my oil filter housing between the engine and housing. Oh yeah and heater doesn't work still.

Next is the heater fan which had no sign of a short but is now fried too. For how great these cars are suppose to be, I would take it from someone who has a familiarity with working on vehicles. Buy Honda, Toyota, Acura, or Lexus. DO NOT BUY A BMW!! Unless you want to ride in a stylish unreliable Piece of Junk. It is fun to drive when it works. However being stranded on the side of the road, especially in a subfreezing climate sucks. I have had as many problems with this car than I have had with an old 1996 Honda Accord with 300k plus miles on it. There's now only 112k on the BMW and I am driving the old Honda again. Even my 91 Honda crx with 160k miles has had fewer problems than this car. My BMW HAS even had more problems than my old 92 Ford 250 with 212k on it.

If you have the money for a BMW, save yourself the headache and get a Lexus or Acura. I will never recommend a BMW to anyone. In fact I have kept 4 people at work from making the same mistake as me. When I get it fixed to drive again, I am getting rid of it. I will never own another nor do I recommend buying one, unless you like to spend thousands and thousands and thousands on repairs or you like to work on cars. The amount of money repairs and maintenance cost, a person could buy 2 cars instead of 1 BMW.

I have had a new rear differential installed on my x3 for $3600. After 4 months and 4000 miles it started to make noises. I checked and it was only halfway filled with fluid. The fluid I removed was black and full of metal shavings. When I took it to the dealer he says he did not see any problem with the unit. So he would not replace it. I was told until it totally failed it's mine to own. If it falls while under warranty he will replace. But if it falls a day later it all my issue. You can easily see it's wearing too soon but they will not admit it. Where do I go now??? The oil from the old unit that did fail was nothing like this. It brownish and see through, no metal. But I cannot get them to admit this is not correct for such a new unit. They want to wait out the warranty and try to not replace it.

I have owned the car 2.5 years and have 9 flats high could not be repaired due to the issues of the side walls near the rim punctured. When took in they stated could not replicate the issue. The tire purchases show up on carfax. I have left town 4 different times in a car that I pay 650 a month for and have had a flat just driving down the highway each time. They could not replicate the problem so basically said not their problem

My wife and I have 2 vehicles. A 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander with 130k miles and a 2007 Ford Edge with 128k miles. We decided to buy a certified pre-owned 2010 BMW X5 with 64k miles on it in March of 2016. Over the last 9 months, we have only put 6k miles on this vehicle and it has been serviced numerous times. We bought an Elite Plus, 2 year warranty. When we do drive this car, we baby it. This past week, we backed it out of the garage and instantly heard the engine fan going at max speed. About a mile later, warning messages came on to drive the car moderately and then to pull over and turn it off. Said the engine temperature was too high. We had it towed into BMW and after reading BMW forums, the exact same problem had happened to many X5 owners. The fix was nearly all the same: Failed electric water pump requiring replacement along with thermostat.

Most people had their vehicles fixed for $1400 or less. Local BMW dealer said we not only need to replace the water pump and thermostat, but also coolant hoses, need a coolant flush and the reservoir replaced. $3500 in cost. My "warranty" is only good for $800 contribution to this problem. I was amazed at the vast number of BMW owners reporting on this problem at 60-70k miles for the exact same issue. One would think there would be a recall on this, but no. I bought a BMW for the "Ultimate Driving Machine" experience and had heard of its reputation as a reliable vehicle. 2016 has been a disaster for this vehicle and I am not only disenchanted with the need to replace the water pump and thermostat, but I also feel like the BMW dealer is trying to bilk me by replacing coolant hoses and the reservoir when I don't even have a leak problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Time, stress and money wasted. I bought my BMW X3 2008 in 2010. It was a pre-certified model. I got the extended warranty for 2 extra yrs. which gave me 4 years of coverage Expiration: 4/11/2014. I had the car serviced near my office JMK BMW in Springfield NJ. After 7 months after my warranty was over I've had gasket replaced and coils replaced. I called BMW HQ and was perplexed how I went to the dealer for all my services and all of sudden these major problems were occurring. HQ helped. I had to fork out 2k however.

I'm a safe driver. Only accident I've ever had in all my years of driving was backing up to a van in a parking lot and it wasn't with this car it was with my Subaru in 2008. I never abused any cars I had. I've been always good about changing my oil and bringing my car for service. After these problems were fixed, my past year and a half has been utter nightmare. I have 100k miles. Washer pump and water pump replaced. Coils replaced. Transfer case actuator replaced. Power steering replaced. Thermostat needs to be replaced and transfer case needs to be replaced now. Battery obviously replaced but now my starter had to be replaced.

I thought BMW made high quality cars and that's why I bought it hoping to have it for at least 10years. I barely reached 100k. To me this is unacceptable. I've already put 8k into the vehicle and I'm utterly exhausted beyond belief from renting cars to get to work and waiting for my mechanics to finish the job and not knowing what will happen next. I called BMW HQ again to let them know my frustration and amount of money I had spent on this awful SUV. They were going to give me an incentive of $1000 to BMW Springfield NJ to fix my car or buy another. BMW Springfield serviceman not the manager pretty much said it's not a good car and I should get rid of it. I was glad he was honest. But at same time I felt robbed - all that money and time and exhausting amount of stress. Car not starting, 4x4 not working in snow, on and on.

I booked the appointment at BMW Springfield but manager to figure out what to do but was a no show. Never followed up. I called their GM and no call. I recall when the suv was under warranty I went to the dealer and told them about Idling issues which was never fixed. My thought was it was ok since it went through their service.

At the end I wonder if they did anything when it was under the warranty to maintain my vehicle? A BMW specialist L&M foreign Cars in Utica Brooklyn tells me they never applied the fluid in the transfer case. How was I suppose to know this? This part costs 3k and labor 800 to replace now. I felt robbed of my extended Warranty which cost 2K. What was the point of getting it? I will never buy another BMW and will never recommend this junk. The philosophy's all wrong. It is the ultimate money pit. 8k later and more. Now to trade it in, it's worthless with all the problems it has. It should be worth at least 8k. A dealer offered for me at 3K. What a huge loss in every way. I just feel robbed.

Today I went 25K regular service for my 2016 X+ BMW car. And I waited almost more than 2 hours and service just finished. Service manager told to me My X4 and many X4 has some problem about on back seat babe sitting fixing problem. This is fabrication error for all X4 BMW models. And they told to me this between 2-5 days service and they offer me complementary car replace with my car and fix my car. I accepted and I waited more than 1 hours. After that they took my car and they offer me TOYOTA COROLLA for one week driving for free. But I bought less than 1 year ago paid 59 K and bought BMW X4 and service try to give me Corolla. Ridiculous and I didn't accepted and go back to my house and I waste my time for with stupid paper works.

I won't refer to anyone and BMW driver do not choose this Service... And service guy extremely rude too. His name is Joseph **. Don't waste your time and try another BMW service and dealer. Before I used 2 different BMW service dealer and both gave to me wonderful service. I am stupid to try Lauderdale BMW of Pembroke Pines but again hell NOOO.

I purchased this vehicle brand new. During the warranty period, there were issues that were resolved. However, at only 67k miles the car is no longer under warranty and starting to fall apart. My problems have been a bad blower motor, steering angle sensor and water pump. It's unfortunate that BMW strives on quality when their vehicles cannot reach 100k. From my experience, BMW is overrated and their customer service is even worse.

Reliable, fast, safe and well built. I had an old BMW that just kept on running even when it needed repairs. It kept going and got me to where I needed to be. This 20 year old car looked no more older than most 10 year old cars and with over 250,000 miles on it. Ran and started up better than many newer vehicles of lesser years and miles; that is until admittedly my dog and I caused interior damage that aged the vehicle's appearance. That 1996 BMW 740il was still running and reliably starting every day right up until when I sold it to someone who was willing to fix it up a bit and run it some more. I have spoken to many people that state, BMW's are known to last beyond the 300,000 miles that few other cars make it to.

The car worked pretty well overall, but occasionally there were issues with the iDrive. The iDrive just shut down a few times. Also the UI of the iDrive is annoying - using the radio is a hassle. I had the car for 5 years and never really learned how to use the radio. I liked the All-wheel drive feature though. Overall I was satisfied and would consider getting another 5-series. I'm 6'7 and the car fit me well enough. I never had to spend any money on repairs. There were some issues such as Bluetooth not working great that bothered me, but no dealbreakers.

Purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2011 750i on 2-14-2015 from Principal Auto Group in San Antonio Texas. This has been a terrible experience. The car had bent rims and would never ride smoothly... they wanted me to pay for a thrust balancing, then they would blame the tires but my independent tire shop confirmed the tires were okay. The first time I had a major problem the car was in the shop for 12 days because they do not have a enough bays. Lesson learned: If you buy a CPO car insist on a new battery... battery dies about a year after purchase $600.00!!! Purchased a two year extended maintenance warranty (battery not covered) BUT unknown to me it was backdated to when the previous maintenance contract expired in 2014. Lesson learned: Read the fine print because why would any educated intelligent adult assume a two year maintenance contract would start the day you purchase it and expire two years later?

The salesperson stated that the original bumper to bumper 4yr/50,000 mile warranty was still in effect because it was a 2011 with 47778 miles but when I kept trying to get resolution on the vibration I was told the original warranty had aged out because the original sale date was actually at the end of 2010. They should hold representatives of the company responsible for their statements. As many on here have stated I would expect more from a Luxury car company.

Not clear about durability as I have the car only one year, but maneuvering, acceleration, safety mechanisms, etc., are excellent. 228i is a relatively small coupe with rapid acceleration (0 to 60 in seconds), great maneuverability (takes corners sharply and with stability), good safety mechanisms (rear view camera, alarms/reminders for seat belts, emergency brake, parking, etc.). Windows provide good visibility all around though I wish there was a rear window wiper. Has driver & front passenger heater seats, automatic air conditioning and seat settings that driver adjusts to his/her comfort level, etc. Trunk is a good size. Back seat is a bit small if you're tall, otherwise comfortable. Could use a bit more storage space (console, glove compartment and very small compartment next to driver door to lock up keys for glove compartment if valet parked). Remote keyless access. Great car/value for the money. Good support service from BMW.

Its performance and durability outweighs any vehicle that I've ever owned or driven. Let's just say the Germans know how to build a fine executable automobile which lasts for a long time. As in day one now on year seven the car run exactly the same.

I was extremely disappointed and furious with the service the guys at BMW of Dallas provided. This is not something you expect from a luxury car dealership. It was utterly unprofessional and zero consideration for a customer’s inconvenience and situation. My car was towed in Monday morning at 10am from work and I was being handled by a service adviser Andrew ** reporting to service manager Ricardo **. He was probably the worst guy in terms of communication. I don’t expect them to keep me updated on my car's status every few minutes but at least 1 phone call/email or text in this day and age to let me know an ETA so I could plan my ride back home from work. I usually take my car to another BMW dealership in Plano, TX Classic BMW and they are very professional. Being a BMW dealership, I expected a similar professionalism and style of communicating with their customers.

I finally get a call from Andrew (this was after my multiple calls, voicemails to find out if the car had made it to the shop or not since I didn’t ride along with the tow truck) to let me know at around noon that they had received the car and will let me know what the charges maybe before they work on it. Again, no update until 4:15pm and that was again after me following up multiple times trying to find out an ETA so I could plan on my ride back home and pick up kids from after school care. I talk to him and he said he was unable to replicate the issue and thus they couldn’t fix the issue. My bill was about $300 for diagnostic fees. At that point I was furious as after all that lack of communication, he had the temperament to let me know that there was an outstanding bill.

I let him know that I was very disappointed and upset with his way of communication and all he had to say was they were extremely busy and I was not their only customer. This was the last thing I expected to hear from a luxury dealership like BMW. I asked him I wanted to talk to his manager, Ricardo ** who was obviously not available to talk to me that time. Ricardo (also goes by Ricky) calls me at 7pm Monday evening to apologize and say that he expects his staff to at least communicate with their customers and let them know what the status may be. I told him I would be over tomorrow (Tuesday) to pick up the car.

Tuesday a.m. (day 2) when I called them to notify that I was going to need a shuttle pick up from my work (which is about 8 mi. 15 min drive), Carlos at their shuttle desk told me he would have someone at 3pm to pick me up. I wrapped up my meeting and was waiting outside for my ride. I call them at 3:20 p.m. to check on the status and talk to Carlos after multiple transfers on their phone and long holds, he tells me that the shuttle is picking up other customers and will come get me in next 10-15 mins. At that point, it would have been 3:45 p.m. I finally get tired of waiting and get a ride to the dealership. We reach there at about 4:15 and I called Carlos again to check on the shuttle status out of curiosity and he tells me the guy should be there in another 15 mins?? At that time, it would have been maybe 4:30 p.m. or more. There was no apology or remorse from Carlos either at that point.

So basically they didn’t care or feel bad keeping their customers stranded for over 1.5 hours. Again no communication whatsoever to let me know what the status of the shuttle was or any type of intention to remediate the problem. I met Ricardo finally in person and told him how upset I was. He said he had talked to Andrew about his lack of communication but I really doubt if he had taken any action. It is Wednesday afternoon and I yet have not heard anything back from Andrew ** in terms of any voicemail or emails? When I left, I had a letter attached to my receipt that asked to provide a customer feedback from their client experience manager Erika **. I left her a detailed voice message yesterday about my experience on my way back home, but another example where the manager has not gotten back to me at all.

I feel the issue seems to be with the team there where they don’t think their customers need to be treated with utmost priority and professionalism. Especially when there has been so much of an inconvenience and hassle for someone, there was no effort on their part to get back and try to make amends. This was one of the worst experience having to deal with a dealership in terms of communication and way they treat their customers. VERY DISAPPOINTED. NOT RECOMMENDING TO ANYONE IN THE FUTURE TO USE THEIR SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

BMW screwed me big times after returning my lease. I have received 10 weeks later a bill from BMW stating I owe them money but before my lease ran out 2 months before I went for inspection and did what they have told me to do but then I got the charge 10 weeks later when they have sold the car. $900 for 3 tires oil change $250 and etc... Just be careful when you lease a car from BMW unless you are stick around with that brand otherwise they will screw you over big times and also the dealer won't help you out after you turn it in... It is a shame.

Loved this car when I bought it a couple of years back. Maybe I got ripped on the service costs a bit but needed a battery pretty early on which ran me about $250, needed tires and brakes 2 summers ago ($1300), then needed an alternator and valve cover gasket replacement about 2 months ago ($1700). Three days later check engine light is back on, oil dripping under the car and it smells like burnt oil again- take it back to shop (indy not BMW) hoping valve cover gasket failed or was installed improperly and lo and behold they want another $1300 to replace the oil pan gasket. Could be the oil filter gasket but at this point it's just too much.

I've had Hondas, Infinitis, Chryslers, Nissans, etc. and have never had this much trouble with a vehicle. Some of it is definitely bad luck but this is the worst vehicle experience I've ever had. Don't get me wrong, the car is awesome but I can't keep the check engine light off enough to enjoy driving it. It's really not even the money at this point, I just can't keep it out of the shop and it's not really reliable anymore. I would be afraid to take it on a long trip which is a shame. Actually looking to trade this in on an Infiniti G37x.

There are problems with the car from poor workmanship that BMW won't address that are expensive to repair. As a result I will never buy another BMW. During the years around the time my car was manufactured, BMW had a wiring problem with the backup and tail lights, but refuses to accept ownership to correct the problem.

Customer service is literally first class service. The automobile is well-made. Our BMW service personnel gave us his cell number to call if we ever have a question or concern. We can drive in anytime just to have the car washed. We feel as though we're in the BMW family.

I lease a 2014 528i and I am about to return the car at the end of the Nov 2016. I have leased Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo and Toyota and I have never had such a ridiculously high inspection report/quote. They charged me for 3 tires @ $300 ea! (I have 34k miles on the car) and they charged me another $1200 dollars for absolutely normal small MINUTE DINGS on the bumpers. That is outrageous! I called customer service and everyone has a very pompous and entitled attitude. They're very rude! One supervisor finally removed 1 tire charge and 1 ding charge of $300 but still leaving me with an abusive $900 charge for a couple of very small dings that you can barely see.

I called customer service a second time and the woman I spoke with was rude, short and useless! Not to mention that after driving the car for 2 years it started shaking and rattling when idled at a traffic light. These cars are not built well at all. They are the ultimate driving machine indeed. They will ultimately drive you broken, frustrated and unsatisfied. I was actually considering leasing an X6 but now I WILL NEVER LEASE OR BUY ANOTHER BMW AGAIN.

Bmw x5 bought new for over $90,000. It has only done 78,000 miles and the car just died whilst I driving on the motorway. I had it taken to BMW SPIRE in London. 2 days later they emailed me saying I have to pay them 16,000 ($20,000) to repair it because the timing chain had gone. I had the car serviced by them one week before and they said nothing about it. No warnings. Nothing. It has a full service history with BMW SPIRE. The Bmw cars are not fit for purpose.

I own a 2011 BMW X3 with 98,000 miles. Bought it new. Never an issue with car. Out of blue it refuses to go into any gear other than park. Have it towed to BMW dealership in Tenafly, NJ. Am told it needs some sort of electronic component replaced in transmission. No indicators of issue prior to this. Repair charge $5000. So I now have to pay 10% of original purchase price for car to be drivable. A car with very normal usage and no problems. I have no recourse. BMW deaf to my concern about the costs. Done with BMW. Never again.

From GM to used car manager have been unable to get an honest answer when looking at a used M5 with 14k. Checking the carfax car was sold as a CPO elite. First I called the dealership to confirm with service. When a service advisor answered she told me when I gave her the VIN # that this car was NOT in their system. Not in their system, it is on their lot!! Then was told when asked the salesperson that the car was NOT CPO. I decided to call an independent BMW service tech. BMW warranty info is nationwide. He was extremely helpful once I have him the last 7 numbers. He told me it is a CPO car and goes with the car, just purchased less than 4 months ago. After reading all the negative reviews of BMW customer service think I might pass on buying my first BMW. Especially since my local BMW dealership does not seem to know what they have on their lot.

I have a 2015 BMW 650i Grand Coupe. BMW offers one type of low profile tire. I am on my fourth front tire, because of a bubble forming on the side of the tire from driving on LA roads. I was offered wheel and tire protection when I purchased the car, but turned it down, because I have never experienced this issue on any of the other many cars I have owned. When I wrote to BMW North America, they dismissed me completely, offering nothing. My car is in mint condition, the magnesium wheels are perfect, so it is not from driving abuse. BMW have left a bad taste in my mouth and I have had to spend $1,700 in 18 months on tires. Never again.

I have a 2015 BMW X5. I drove the car to a neighbor's for a birthday party. It was daylight. The parking area for the house, which appeared flat, bordered on a hillside. I was (fortunately) alone. I turned off the engine; normally at that point the car goes into (P) park. I went to the back door on the driver's side and opened it to remove something, then closed the door. At that point the car began to roll, and over the next several seconds it picked up speed, then it went over the edge of the hill. There was, mercifully one lone tree which caused the car on the passenger side to crash and stop. When I subsequently went into the car and looked at the gear shift the transmission was in (N) neutral. I emphatically did not leave the car in neutral. There was approximately $15,000 damage to the car.

I contacted BMW about this, really just to inform them. They wanted to inspect the car and the person I talked to at that time said they would consider paying the deductible on the insurance if they determined I was not at fault. This caused some delay but the inspection occurred. Needless to say, they called a couple of weeks later (my original contact had left the company) and said they had not "promised" anything (that was true); they would not take responsibility. This could have been a terrible accident. Had there been a child, a pet, or anyone else, in front of the car, or if I had walked in front of the car to open the passenger door on the other side--or walked back-- there would have been nothing to stop my getting run-over. I would not consider buying another BMW (this is our second, and generally I like the car a lot) if this problem is not somehow fixed.

I purchased a 2011 BMW 550i xDrive from International Autos Group. I must say I love the car and am very happy with the purchase. The issue I have is with BMW's failure to honor the contract that was signed. The contract states the CPO warranty with a deductible of Not Applicable, yet BMW is charging $50 for every service. It took weeks for BMW North America to render a decision, and I think they knew it was the wrong decision, but nevertheless they told me to pound salt. The rep was very rude during our last call. It is my understanding that International Autos Group in Milwaukee, Wisconsin ultimately denied the request to honor the contract. I caution against working with this dealership. Have had much better BMW dealership experiences elsewhere.

I recently purchased 2012 BMW 5 series. It was 51k miles on it and this car had a very good maintenance record. I was thinking that's a very good deal to get a low mileage, well maintained and reliable car. But as for now it appears to be the worst purchase I ever made in my life. I drove it for few month (now it has 57k miles) and got transmission fail for no reason, BMW service asking for $6500 for repairs. How it could happens on that ridiculous mileage? I drove many other brands and some of them was well over 100k miles on it, and were just changing oil.

So I'll probably fix it and sell right away accepting loss, I totally lost my confidence in BMW, that's garbage. Don't want to wait until engine will fail in next few thousand miles. BMW Goodwill only works for valued customers who already spend fortune for them. My point is that BMW cars is a total junk! Only can drive it within the warranty period when they will have to take care of their junk. Thanks.

Recently purchased 328i a month ago and was very excited! Had a big rain storm, the car was somehow flooded, floor and carpet completely soaked. Now the car will not start! It just completely shut down. Steering is locked. Has anyone had similar experience? I would like to know if even worth keeping now. Would like to purchase another BMW, but skeptical. Repairs are outrageous!!

I purchased this BMW 2011 740 li for my wife 9/14 with $55k miles from BMW Murrieta. We have barely had this car two years and has been in the shop 75 days with over $23k paid in repairs. Problems began immediately after we purchased the car. BMW Murrieta told me this car had a thorough 180 point inspection, rear brakes were gone in 300 miles. I took it back and complained, BMW Murrieta warrantied the rear brakes and rotors. 58k Miles - noise in front end, diagnosed as thrust rod bushings, those were replaced. 59K miles, seat motors go out, replaced those. 60k miles - noise in the rear - cv joints went out, replace those. 61k miles, power steering pump starts leaking and making noise, belt tensioner fails as well.

Replaced both as well as the accessory belt. 62k miles, check engine light comes on, fuel tank supply line / pressure sensor fails, replaced those, 68k miles, check engine light comes on - turbo low pressure, replaced, gaskets, collars and vacuum lines. 70k miles check engine light comes on, turbo low pressure - turbo failed, replaced turbos and pressure converters. All good for a while. 89k miles, check engine light comes on - fuel injectors fail, replaced all fuel injectors. 92k miles check engine light comes on - transmission leaks all over driveway and slipping.

Replaced inner mechatronics seal, fluid, pan and seal. 102k miles check engine light comes on, car overheating - water pump fails, replace water pumps, coolest and various gaskets, seals. 103k miles check engine light comes on - vacuum lines on turbo fail again, also replaced valve cover, gaskets and more sensors. 103.5k miles, transmission cooler leaking, replace cooler and lines. Anyone who doesn't believe me, I have all the service records I would be happy to post.

During all this time, BMW Murrieta never recommends that a factory inspector come look at the car for all the issues, BMW America never reaches out to us for any customer service (not sure if they would know this car was in the shop so much unless the dealer would have told them). I call BMW America to see if they can help us at all with all the issues on the car. They open a case to inspect service records, all the money we have spent on repairs at the shop, all the down time, etc.

This gets escalated to a gentleman named Kurt ** - Executive Customer Care (the title actually sounds like they care, THEY DON'T!!) Two weeks later they call me and tell me the BMW does not meet their criteria for any kind of help. He tells me they won't buy it back, I tell him I don't want or expect them to buy it back. I tell him, "I'm just hoping you would take a look at the service records, all the money I have spent repairing this car (over half of what I paid for it), take into consideration all the stress, frustration, down time, rental cars, etc. and see if you can help me in any way keep this thing on the road and out of the dealers mechanic bay." Maybe some help with a trade or maybe some kind of help with an extended warranty, he tells me they cannot do anything, the service records and time in the shop do not meet any of their criteria for help.

I will never ever buy another BMW in my life. This car has been the biggest joke amongst friends and family. They all warned me not to buy a BMW, especially a used one, even if its a CPO or not, doesn't matter if you buy it from the dealer or not. Once you take the car, you're on your own. BMW will not help you with any issues you have. This BMW is the most unreliable car I have ever owned period. I'll stick to my Chevy's, Ford's and Honda's.

To begin with, I have on six BMWs in my life. I purchased a brand-new 428i BMW from Flow BMW in Winston Salem, North Carolina. I have had the car for six months and it had 4000 miles on it. I am a single person and have only had three people in my passenger seat since owning the car. The leather started wearing terribly especially on the side bolster.

I took it to the service department, as I was told to do, and spoke with the warranty guy. He informed me that BMW does not cover their leather under any kind of warranty. I calmly explained to him that only three people have been in the passenger seat and that the driver seat, which I get in and out of numerous times on a daily basis, was in perfect condition. His response was it only takes one time for something to happen! This really upset me especially him knowing that I have been such a loyal customer and took such excellent care of my vehicles. Not to mention that I have spent thousands of dollars at that dealership and my family has also. So, there I was with a six month old car and torn leather in the passenger seat. Oh I was not a happy camper.

After having read all of these complaints about BMW my question is has their quality started to fail? And why do they get such condescending people to work at their dealerships? He could've been much nicer to me instead of treating me like a second-class citizen. I know for a fact that other car companies that are not considered a luxury car manufacturer warranty their stitching and leather, so it leaves one to wonder. I started to take this higher to BMW USA, but I knew I was fighting a losing battle. I suppose it is what it is but I'm still very unhappy!

BMW really needs to extend the warranty in these HPFP for E60. In less than 6 months I'm on my second pump paying out of my pocket because they didn't make it good enough! And vehicle has 133K so warranty didn't cover it. Was in 127,000 first time and now back at it again! I'm really been left down from BMW! I have to say people TO STAY AWAY FROM E60's!!! It's not worth it!

BMW Company Profile