2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

BMW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I family had two BMW vehicles and from my personal experience I absolutely do not recommend. There are many parts that fail within the first five years costing thousands. Be very careful, and simply test drive other vehicles before settling. You will regret it once you find yourself in the dealership service department over and over. Corporate customer service will make it even worse. I called a few times for assistance because I felt I have a defective vehicle. They are arrogant, rude, and will not help you. Thanks for reading my review, you are fair warned.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The car is beautiful, the customer service is bad. I called when my first lease is up. After so many calls, I thought we solved the problem. I leased another one and everything was okay. Now I tried to lease another one, because my 2017 lease ended. They are telling me that I owed them money from 2014 lease. I called to resolve the issue, they were rude and arguing. They keep telling me different stories. I do not recommend it at all. I think i am going bake to Audi. I tried them before, they were a lot better.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Bought a 2020 M340i xdrive BMW. The proximity feature of the Idrive have been an issue from the day I picked up the vehicle. On the way home from the dealership the doors would not open using the door handles. Had to use the key fob. On day two I called the BMW genius. He had me reboot the Idrive. This fixed the problem for a short time. The way it stands now, we never know when it's going to work. It worked for a couple days recently, only to stop working for the last 2 days. I took it to the dealer when it was not working.

When I got to the dealership, it started working when I arrived at the dealership. They checked for error codes. They said there may be issues with the antenna based on the error codes. The order is in for a new antenna. This was on 10/19/2020. Still have not heard anything from the dealership. It is now 10/27/2020. I don't know where the part is coming from, but I had hoped it would be here by now, and I could see if this fixes the problem. Hoping for the best, but I fear this going to be an issue as long as own the vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Awesome car to drive. I am on my 4th BMW. But this will be my last. My current car is a 335i. I need a footwear module. I cannot drive the car because of this part needs replaced. I contacted BMW because my car is just out of the warranty. Now mind you BMW extended this warranty because this part was defective. So knowing that asking for any help to cover the cost seemed reasonable. My car has 60k. It's a 2010. The warranty is 10 years 156k. I was told BMW won't help not one penny. Because of the age. Now owning 4 of these cars. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of money I have spent on repairs over the years. So now knowing I have to eat this cost. I am told 30-60 day to even get the part. So thanks BMW. I won't have a car to drive till I can get this handled. So once this puppy is fixed. I WILL BE TRADING IT IN! This is the last BMW I will own.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I have had a love affair with BMW since the mid 1990's, however I'm sorry to say that relationship is on the rocks. Having had 3 brand new BMW cars and one new BMW motorcycle I can now say that "BMW quality" is no longer a corporate mandate, just a slogan. What was once (with proper care) a vehicle that you could rely on, be proud of and enjoy has become the brand of "what next". I say this as my X3 sits in a service bay to replace the drivers side mirror which fell off! $1300 To replace something not broken not damaged but the latest in a long line part failures that was preceded by a motorcycle that I literally had to throw away.

WHAT? Yes a 2003 R1200C with less than 12000 miles stored in my hanger that in 2014 turned into junk because of cheap manufacturing processes, poor quality wiring and metal plating that literally fell off. Sound familiar, among exterior body reflectors and interior parts that have fallen off or delaminated on the X3 the one that has convinced me is the drivers door handle that is slowly turning into black goop and when I showed it to the service writer he said and I quote "On the earlier models you had to replace the entire door panel".... As I said in the beginning not worth the money, because you are paying for quality that is no longer there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I’m writing to complain about how BMW Financial Services demonstrated disrespect and completely disregard for a potential client time and money. I’ve been a client of AUDI and Mercedes without any issues whatsoever and my recent experience with BMW is the complete opposite. I applied for a lease assumption REF number ** my first email being on July 10th. I sent an individual application mentioning I wanted to do it under my business instead which I mentioned to your current client.

After not receiving any answer from BMW your client made contact by phone asking them to send him the business form, which he forwarded me. I promptly filled the form and sent it back to the assumptions team, no answer again. I called every other day to check and the customer service had nothing to say but to ask me to call again on a later date. I resent the form by email and fax and called again since I had no answer from the assumptions team again. This time I was informed that they received and were reviewing it, but there was an issue with my SSN issuance date. The solution proposed was for me to send a copy of my social security card by email (very secure by the way) which I ended up doing.

This cycle (SSN issue) repeated 3 times, with many hours of phone calls to the customer service because the assumptions team was not able to answer a single email (0 of 8) that I sent, not even to acknowledge receipt the first time. After the 3rd time I’ve got the same answer from customer service (SSN issuance date issue) I asked to escalate to a supervisor since clearly the assumptions team was not doing their job even after I complied with their request (SS card by email), but to my surprise, or perhaps I shouldn’t be surprise with anything anymore the customer service told me there was no supervisor to escalate the issue to.

While I was still trying to solve this I told your current client to search for another person to take over his lease since I didn’t know how long it would take to get it done. The conclusion to this is that I received 2 letters denying my application (individual and business), ended up with hard inquiry in my credit report and $500 in fees which I was told there was a refund if the application was denied. What intrigues me the most is the world is going through a terrible situation, there’s a lot of people unemployed and the ones that are employed at BMW Financial Services probably shouldn’t be there. What is the kind of client BMW seeks? I wonder since I have a 770 credit score (it’s in your letter REF **).

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I had a significant engine oil pan gasket leak requiring a costly repair with a 41/2 year old 2009 BMW 535 at 57,751 miles in December 2014. On this occasion BMW were very responsive and promptly reimbursed 90% of my costs. I have now had an identical but even more costly repair at an even lower mileage, 47,983 with a 2013 X5 with the same engine. On this occasion BMW have been leading me on a "circle jerk" routine for nearly a month. My question is therefore, is this a systemic problem with this engine or have I just been unlucky?

Original review: July 24, 2020

The appearance of the 330is is way off. The reason why we as public is going wild over the e30 325is is because of its boxy body shape as it is to perfect, the amazing sound of the M20 2.7 motor and interior. I would prefer revive the original e30 325is with a slight twist of lil bit of modern interior updates and wheels but leave the appearance and motor as it is.

Original review: July 22, 2020

After driven 2011 BMW 328i, having issues with faulty transmission. Vehicle has only 112,000 miles. Engine light on and the message says transmission malfunction. Also ABS system not working. OBD scanner will not clear the issue.

Original review: July 6, 2020

BMW is the worst brand vehicle. Always needing repairs. Have spent over $100,000 in vehicles repairs. Don’t recommend anyone to purchase BMW. BMW X5 especially Mechanical, Transmission, and Engine issues.

BMW Company Information