Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1090 BMW Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This company is being run straight into the ground. They will lie to you and in our opinion are crooks. So sad to see what was once a great car company turn into what it has become today. I would have to say that I agree with all the other reviews regarding this horrific company. Please take our advice and buy a different type of car that will give you the respect and service that should come with a car that prides itself on Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I contacted, and posted my concerns on the web site about the fact that there is no glove box actuator motor available when it goes bad. The hardtop convertible has an automatic locking glove box actuator motor that locks when you lock the vehicle. If you want to fix the problem, get this, you have to order the ENTIRE glove box, which includes the air bag. German engineering is CRAP.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Your motor design is garbage. Where is luxury in worrying about the car breaking down? Designing a car to break at 90000 mi. Aluminium and steal gaskets are not compatible. Your whole motor and most cases car is garbage at 90000 mi. Simple saying you need to do, "Make it simple stupid". Scrap the whole Vanos motors. Digital injection systems control the fuel. Not your stupid variable valve bull!

Original review: July 22, 2019

The financial employee did an excellent job going over all details. We only disagreed on one thing. I wanted to pay off quickly but she wanted me to carry it a while longer. I paid it off quickly. I have always had great service with this company.

Original review: July 17, 2019

BMW Financial has various rates at various times when shopping for a car. So make sure you take your time, then jump on your auto of choice when you can get a good interest rate. The website for BMW Fi is NOT user friendly. Every time you want to get online you need to ask for a code. Then hopefully enter the code in the time allowed, or you will start over. The courtesy and friendliness of BMW Fi can be a lot better than it is. Overall, I would certainly not recommend them, but this is what is offered at the dealership. I've had 3 car loans with them and they are all problematic in one way or another.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Share my unfortunate experience with BMW quality! I bought a BMW X1 about 4 years 9 months ago. Troubles started just after bought it. This and that warning lights came up often. After about one year, the battery drains all the time, have to replace the whole electric and battery system. A few weeks ago, just about 9 months out of the warranty, I drove it to Utah for a vacation. When I drove back home, it broke down in a city with transmission malfunction warning on the way. I have to tow it to the city BMW service for repair. After spent more than $1200, I still cannot drive it back home. It needs to replace the transmission, costs more than $11000. Left me with no other options, I have to sell it to the BMW dealer cheap and rent a car back home! This car only has 47000 miles, the transmission is gone!

Original review: June 27, 2019

There is a recall on all BMW N63 vehicles for excessive oil consumption bulletin B001314) customers care package. My BMW 550i GT is consuming oil and white smoke is coming out the tailpipe. I took my vehicle to BMW and they refuse to perform the necessary repairs included in the ccp, my crankcase valves, also the cooling hoses. All this is included in the class action suit they claim I have a engine leak. The engine is leaking because the valves are worn and need to be changed. I need help getting them to conform to the ccp. The people at BMW say I need to replace my engine at a cost of more than 15 thousand dollars and due to the mileage on my car 106 thousand they are on going to pay 4 thousand dollars. So I’m stuck paying more than the car is worth unbelievable. Don’t buy BMWs because it’s only a matter of time before your valves go bad as they use plastic parts throughout the engine.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This is regarding my 16 months old BMW 5 series, RJ 14 CF 0999. As you can read the previous mails, I have been raising the concern for the quality of tyres since May 2018. That is within 4 months of purchase of a brand new 5 Series, luxury line BMW. The tyres installed in the car were Pirelli, and after 3rd incident of car tyre bursting, we took the matter to our nearest and purchase dealership, "SANGHI MOTORS" in January. We waited for the Sales Representative, Mr Ankit ** over there as he held the car between "24 December to 22 January," roughly for a period of 1 month for inspection and other undisclosed reasons. Finally when enough mails were ignored, I had to purchase an MRF tyre from the MRF dealer shop.

Meanwhile on 17th January we renewed the insurance for "Depreciation shield and Tyre and BMW secure." In March 2019, the front side car tyre bursted on the highway again leaving us, the owners, yet again stranded on the Highway for the 3rd time since the purchase. Again dusting off all the responsibilities, BMW Service executives maintained that the car was being driven in wrong conditions. Now despite taking all the necessary covers and insurances, I am unable to experience a satisfactory experience with BMW.

My family personally own cars Jaguar XJL, Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5, Audi A6, Range Rover Evoque, Mercedes ML 250, amongst our elite cars in our firm, M/s Gulshan Rai Jain II. Never have I experienced such substandard quality that the LIFE THREATENING conditions happen in these cars. The Pirelli tyres have been depreciated at 50% and 25%. Due to the bursting of substandard tyres the rims were also bent. "BMW Sanghi Motors" have depreciated the Rims at 20% and comfortably charged me that as well.

SUMMING UP. I am unable to understand why I am liable to pay for 4 substandard tyres and for 2 rims as well, when the car has not even completed 18,000 kms. If the tyre is substandard and is prone to bursting then the car will come on rims. And if the rims are also substandard, then the company should take action. Moreover if 4 isolated incidents of BURSTING OF CAR TYRES have happened and "BMW SANGHI CLASSIC" MAINTAINS THAT CAR HAS BEEN DRIVEN IN WRONG CONDITIONS. If BMW seriously believes that 4 times car tyre has been bursted due to driving conditions THEN I AM NOT AFRAID TO HIGHLIGHT THIS MATTER TO PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE TO BE JUDGED. I don't want to blame with insurance company, so please don't direct me towards them as they have no role in providing me substandard material in the first place.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Worst customer service ever!!!! Worst customer service ever!!!! BMW recalled my car for a fault. I drive a large Estate used to transport therapy dogs and also to use for a family trip to Scotland BMW assist kindly organised a shoe box on wheels as a replacement. Despite numerous phone calls the unhelpful staff showed no compassion for the children who need the therapy dog and can’t even give me a rough estimate to how long I will have to put up with the worlds smallest car!!!! If I could give a 0/5 I would. As you can see 77% of people have given them 1 star.... Surely someone at BMW head office should be taking note???? Disgusting customer service!!!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I am not fully sure why BMW thinks they can get away with having faulty engines in over 500K cars for a seven year period but they're doing it. Now they want me to pay $4600 to fix something they knew was broken? That is utterly ridiculous. How is it that these major car companies can have recall after recall and not be reprimanded or mandated by law to sit a few months or years? Or even have quarterly inspections regarding the quality they're producing... I was almost killed in a car accident by a semi-truck when my engine stalled on the highway from 70 to 30 mph in under 2 seconds. All I can recall is hearing the screeching of the truck as it fishtailed behind me, not to rear end me. However, I must pay for it? Wow. As a veteran who served over 20+ years, that is a difficult pill to swallow. What's even worse is how BMW treats you after that.

BMW Company Information