2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.1/5 (1551 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About BMW

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

BMW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Brilliant all the way. The model 530i series is a very promising drive without the fuel as an exception. However a technological engineering marvel. I never see why you need a driver for this vehicle by the owner. Envy and distractions by tech should be re routed to disabling any method of tech misguidance wrt routing and actual conditions. Still baffles how the slightest of puddles can create a undesirable impact on the chassis and drive nerve racking to avoid the same. Wonder what the future holds with mechanical engineering. Distractions as we speak on tech lost in word and thought. The face lift and profile of the vehicle models would make it less aggressive (the grill) and attract the buyers. A smooth tone to the external outlook features is and should be as is the drive and internal calm. Overall a drive of a lifetime. Hope to see no competition in your way of physics and engineering not forgetting the external features of competition by Chinese competitors.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

My speedometer in my brand new car is off by 10% and when I brought it in to BMW Spokane for correction, was told BMW has a disclaimer for accuracy of their speedometers. WTF? Having several other electronic issues like the radio randomly shutting itself off, seat cooler and armrest heaters turning themselves on and the XM radio rerunning the program from about 5 minutes back if for some reason, I briefly lose connection like driving through downtown or something. My Toyota gave none of these problems, nor does my son's Subaru. Also they don't provide a courtesy vehicle in Spokane citing the global supply chain. I could go on about the service dept in Spokane which has been another BMW disappointment. Glad Toyota isn't impacted in that way. Dropping a 130 grand on a car I thought I would have for years is embarrassing as I don't have that new car joy. I dislike my car and will never buy another BMW.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I have always dreamed of owning a BMW and be able to take it to service with no problems like I have received. From intake to invoice to floor manager, it has been a complete disaster with them and how I was treated in the service department.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I have a BMW 435i and just had to put it in the shop for drivetrain/engine malfunction for the 2nd time. This will, no doubt, be another $2k. BMW's are by far the most overrated, unreliable cars in the world. I am selling it as soon as it is fixed and getting a Toyota Tacoma. Can't wait to get a reliable car/brand.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have never had a worse experience in purchasing a new car than from Schomp BMW (Highlands Ranch, CO). Sales people were warm and friendly but management and the quality of the car was terrible. The day I took the car off the lot, check engine light came on. Called my sales rep and he asked me to bring the car in to get it reviewed and fixed. Two weeks later, I got the car back. One week after that, engine light came on, yet again. Same as before, waited two weeks to get the car back. I was hoping this was the end of it. One day later, check engine light. At this point, I was incredibly frustrated and concerned that I bought a lemon given its been in the shop 3 times with less than 400 miles on the car.

Asked Schomp BMW to provide an extended warranty given how many times I had to bring it back into the shop for repairs. Management was willing to look into the warranty and mentioned they would go "to bat" for me. They also asked if I would be willing to pay another $1K for the warranty if needed and wanted to "manage expectations". I said absolutely not given the number of issues I have had with the brand new car. They called me back a couple days later and said they could provide the warranty if I pay $2K. That's double what they initially told me! You don't set the anchor price in one conversation and then double it in another. That's Sales 101.

I ended up giving the car back to Schomp and getting a refund. It's a bummer. I really liked the car and was also working with the Sales rep on purchasing another vehicle. They are playing the short game and lost a long-term customer as I will never buy a BWM or another car from a Schomp dealership. What a terrible experience.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I was informed by the BMW dealership that my certified 2017 BMW X1 needed a motor mount replaced. The car has 30K miles and I had driven 5K in a little over a year that I owned the car. The warranty does not cover the motor mount however, after only 30K miles, the part must be defective. Furthermore, the cost was quoted as close to $1500. BMW customer service, after speaking with the dealer negotiated the cost down to $600+. I told the BMW rep that it was still not acceptable and would he send me the details of his conversation with me to my Email.

I wished to pursue the matter. He said that was not possible! I could not appeal the decision and that was final. I rarely have been spoken to in such a manner as if I were an errant school girl. A take it or leave it attitude. Very shocked about how the BMW company is represented. I would characterize the rep as a junkyard dog. There to discourage the customers. I have an appointment to have the part replaced outside the dealership and the cost will be less than $300. I will also be writing a review of the BMW dealership.

Original review: June 11, 2021

So I leased a 2020 430 convertible in July 2019. A month later driving the car in 90° weather after two hours of driving the air-conditioning broke. Brought the car back to the dealership, they said the problem was fixed. A month later same situation. Brought it back, he said it was fixed. The following summer in 90° weather same situation after a few hours of driving air-conditioning stopped. Brought it to a different dealership, problem was fixed, it was not.

Currently two weeks ago in June, driving back from the Jersey shore and 98° weather I stopped at a rest stop and left my daughter and my dog in the car. When I came back I found that the air conditioner had stopped, my daughter who has down syndrome, my dog suffered mild heatstroke. Contacted Bmw multiple times. They tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. And have yet to buy me out of my lease. So worst company ever, this car is a lemon. There’s nothing but problems with these BMWs. Do not purchase or lease then.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Car started giving MAJOR and EXPENSIVE problems around 75k miles. My brother also had a BMW and he had a different model but same issues. These cars are absolute GARBAGE. They will break down and cost you an arm and leg. STAY AWAY!!!! Go with a Honda or Toyota.

Original review: March 31, 2021

My wife and I purchased a 2014 BMW X3 xDrive 28i in August of 2014. The car we chose was a certified preowned car, meaning it had low mileage and additional inspections/warranties applied. We purchased the car with about 7k miles on it and it was a good car for the first few years we owned it. In the last year, we needed to replace several expensive items including the oil gasket, most of which cost upwards of $1k plus.

The final straw was the transmission dying. My wife was on her way home from the store when the vehicle gave her a "Drive Train Malfunction" warning and urged her to pull over and stop the vehicle. Once stopped, the vehicle would no longer allow itself to be shifted out of park. We managed to get it on a flatbed tow truck and then to a repair center. The repair center diagnosed a faulty transmission which baffled them as the car has less than 90k miles on it and had been maintained fully by BMW certified techs. The fact remained, however, that it was indeed the transmission that would need replaced.

If we had decided to go this route, the cost would be roughly $6k and a month of time if we went with a third party repair or closer to $9k if we went with a dealership. The car at this point in its life is worth roughly $10k, so neither repair is worth it. So essentially, we're left with a very heavy paperweight that we now must dispose of. I've had low end beater variety Mazda's last twice as long as this "luxury" vehicle. I will not be purchasing again and will be warning anyone I can get to listen to me off of BMWs going forward.

Original review: March 21, 2021

Attn M owners. I had my 1 yr service at 4500 mi on my M 5 Comp. and was told about a tank ventilation recall. No biggie right! Except the recall service deletes all custom settings I did at delivery and all must be redone BY ME on the phone. No advance warning by the dealer. So I now need to essentially go through the delivery setting process again. Really BMW. Makes me miss my AMG Mercedes.

BMW Company Information