3.63/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

BMW

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

BMW Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I bought a Z4 from a the BMW dealer in San Luis Obispo, CA. It only had 34K miles on it and SEEMED like a good car. In less than a week, the power top quit. I called service and they acted like they wanted to get off the phone and told me to drive back 3 hours one way to let them look at the car. I have no family, so if the part has to be ordered, how can I leave it and be without a vehicle? Also, in the short time I have owned the car, the dealer should be more helpful. This is a purchase that the car tore up in less than a week! I plan to post everywhere and get media involved. I can't buy a car and then start being out major expense for a lemon! I am going to also get California involved and their lemon laws.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I purchased a BMW X5 on August 9/15 and have had good experience with the free maintenance on an annual basis. As I approached the 4 year expire date (August 9/19) I was not able to have the vehicle service before that date. I planned to have the vehicle serviced for the last free visit on September 9/19 and was told that the agreement had expired and that there would be no further free visit. As I had initially paid more than I should have for the vehicle (including 4 free maintenance visits) I feel that the final visit should have been honored. I contacted BMW USA and they ("unfortunately") will not allow any maintenance past the expiry date. This is a warning to others before you purchase a BMW - DO NOT MISS YOUR FINAL VISIT. I will not be purchasing a future vehicle from BMW.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

BMW was overpaid on a car loan and the financial service department continues to give me the run-around insisting the check is in the mail when I call. There would be penalties for me if I was late! What makes it OK for them to do this?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

BMW does not stand behind their products. They do not work with their loyal customers to resolve their complaints. They took my car for repairs and told me I needed body work done on a car that was given to them intact. They caused damage to my vehicle and now are unable to repair it, replace it, or to provide me transportation in the meantime. I am stranded without a vehicle after being a loyal customer for a decade. Please look at other luxury vehicles as this one does not stand behind their product nor do they care to accommodate their loyal customers. BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

BMW decided to charge me an extra months payment after the trade-in of my car. I didn't even own the car at that point. Couldn't drive it, couldn't see it. Of course customer service was condescending trying to make me feel like I am stupid for request my funds returned for an item I didn't have use over. From one to the other rep I spoke with didn't even know the correct policies of the company for different situations. I got the runaround. Learn from my mistake, avoid BMW!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Fuel pump went out on interstate 80 in remote Wyoming 18 months after being replaced by a dealer on a recall. Left me stranded on the shoulder in the dark during a thunderstorm. Called BMW customer service to start the process of getting reimbursed for the defective part. Was told it is not covered unless repaired by a certified BMW dealer. What are you supposed to do when there is no dealers within 250 miles. All told this breakdown cost over $2k. Thanks BMW for nothing!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I bought a BRAND new BMW 530 XDrive last May 2019. This June 2019 I got a flat tire. I called roadside assistance for the first time and arranged a pick up. It took over 3 hours (FIRST sign they don't care) but they finally got a tow truck to me. The Company's name was T & T towing based in Waldorf. The dealership they were supposed to take my car to was less than 30 minutes up the road. SO after an hour has passed and no update. I called T&T towing to see the status of my vehicle. I was then informed "NOBODY WANTS YOUR CAR, WE WILL DROP IT OFF WHEN WE DROP IT OFF". I look on my BMW app and see my car is heading to Waldorf and not BMW of Silver Spring as requested. I contact BMW RSA to let them know how I am being spoken to and that I would like my vehicle returned. I went to Google and wrote a review about the towing company.

10 minutes later BMW RSA calls me back and say that T & T towing is refusing to return my vehicle because of my review. (Second sign they don't care) why would you call me. I don’t know them. YOU (BMW) chose them to tow my car. So if you are saying they won’t return it then my car is stolen at this point. Another Hour goes by no car. I now get the police involved and T & T towing decides to bring back my car. It is now 12am the next day.

I called BMW to schedule a pickup for the next morning for 7:30-8am so they can get it because I go to work. I called the next morning at 8 only to be informed NO Tow truck was scheduled (Third sign they don't care). I call them and rearrange and afternoon pickup after 5. I get car tow by Past and Present Towing and Recovery. I go pick up my car and I now have a BIG gash missing from my bumper. I call and file a claim on June 5th 2019.

First BMW denied my claim saying there is no record they towed my vehicle a second time. Then after I got RSA to send report because it seems customer service and RSA are on different networks and it shows they towed it twice. I am on month 3 and they STILL haven't made a decision on my vehicle. I am going to sell this car and get an Audi or Mercedes. No reason to spend this much and they treat you like this.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

BMW lease assumptions program/department is a huge scam. Keep your money. They have a really good side hustle going on, here we go. So I decided to do a lease assumption. The payment on the M4 is $1015 per month. I make over $90,000 per year so I can definitely afford the car, my credit score is 759 but I don’t have any of the 4 car I had prior showing on my credit report because that was 10 years ago. They were all deleted. Now I was under the impression if you have good accounts that are paid in full zero balance whether open or close they stay on your report it. I was wrong.

So with that being said I applied for the car on my own. I make $90,000, 759 Score, outstanding debt. Less than $2000. This should be no problem. I paid the $543 transfer and app fee to be declined with no logical explanation. Took them less than a minute to make that rash decision but kept $143 of the $543 so I went and got a co-signer not a person a corporation that co-signs for people. That’s the business they are in. Now BMW is telling them it’s too expensive of a car. I should get something cheaper which is beyond ridiculous. I make enough to pay for this car and the backing of a corporate and that’s still not enough, but now they kept another $143 so they have a really nice scam going on. Spend your money where it’s appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This company is being run straight into the ground. They will lie to you and in our opinion are crooks. So sad to see what was once a great car company turn into what it has become today. I would have to say that I agree with all the other reviews regarding this horrific company. Please take our advice and buy a different type of car that will give you the respect and service that should come with a car that prides itself on Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I contacted, and posted my concerns on the web site about the fact that there is no glove box actuator motor available when it goes bad. The hardtop convertible has an automatic locking glove box actuator motor that locks when you lock the vehicle. If you want to fix the problem, get this, you have to order the ENTIRE glove box, which includes the air bag. German engineering is CRAP.

BMW Company Information