BMW

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Loved this car when I bought it a couple of years back. Maybe I got ripped on the service costs a bit but needed a battery pretty early on which ran me about $250, needed tires and brakes 2 summers ago ($1300), then needed an alternator and valve cover gasket replacement about 2 months ago ($1700). Three days later check engine light is back on, oil dripping under the car and it smells like burnt oil again- take it back to shop (indy not BMW) hoping valve cover gasket failed or was installed improperly and lo and behold they want another $1300 to replace the oil pan gasket. Could be the oil filter gasket but at this point it's just too much.

I've had Hondas, Infinitis, Chryslers, Nissans, etc. and have never had this much trouble with a vehicle. Some of it is definitely bad luck but this is the worst vehicle experience I've ever had. Don't get me wrong, the car is awesome but I can't keep the check engine light off enough to enjoy driving it. It's really not even the money at this point, I just can't keep it out of the shop and it's not really reliable anymore. I would be afraid to take it on a long trip which is a shame. Actually looking to trade this in on an Infiniti G37x.

I lease a 2014 528i and I am about to return the car at the end of the Nov 2016. I have leased Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo and Toyota and I have never had such a ridiculously high inspection report/quote. They charged me for 3 tires @ $300 ea! (I have 34k miles on the car) and they charged me another $1200 dollars for absolutely normal small MINUTE DINGS on the bumpers. That is outrageous! I called customer service and everyone has a very pompous and entitled attitude. They're very rude! One supervisor finally removed 1 tire charge and 1 ding charge of $300 but still leaving me with an abusive $900 charge for a couple of very small dings that you can barely see.

I called customer service a second time and the woman I spoke with was rude, short and useless! Not to mention that after driving the car for 2 years it started shaking and rattling when idled at a traffic light. These cars are not built well at all. They are the ultimate driving machine indeed. They will ultimately drive you broken, frustrated and unsatisfied. I was actually considering leasing an X6 but now I WILL NEVER LEASE OR BUY ANOTHER BMW AGAIN.

Bmw x5 bought new for over $90,000. It has only done 78,000 miles and the car just died whilst I driving on the motorway. I had it taken to BMW SPIRE in London. 2 days later they emailed me saying I have to pay them 16,000 ($20,000) to repair it because the timing chain had gone. I had the car serviced by them one week before and they said nothing about it. No warnings. Nothing. It has a full service history with BMW SPIRE. The Bmw cars are not fit for purpose.

I own a 2011 BMW X3 with 98,000 miles. Bought it new. Never an issue with car. Out of blue it refuses to go into any gear other than park. Have it towed to BMW dealership in Tenafly, NJ. Am told it needs some sort of electronic component replaced in transmission. No indicators of issue prior to this. Repair charge $5000. So I now have to pay 10% of original purchase price for car to be drivable. A car with very normal usage and no problems. I have no recourse. BMW deaf to my concern about the costs. Done with BMW. Never again.

From GM to used car manager have been unable to get an honest answer when looking at a used M5 with 14k. Checking the carfax car was sold as a CPO elite. First I called the dealership to confirm with service. When a service advisor answered she told me when I gave her the VIN # that this car was NOT in their system. Not in their system, it is on their lot!! Then was told when asked the salesperson that the car was NOT CPO. I decided to call an independent BMW service tech. BMW warranty info is nationwide. He was extremely helpful once I have him the last 7 numbers. He told me it is a CPO car and goes with the car, just purchased less than 4 months ago. After reading all the negative reviews of BMW customer service think I might pass on buying my first BMW. Especially since my local BMW dealership does not seem to know what they have on their lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

I have a 2015 BMW 650i Grand Coupe. BMW offers one type of low profile tire. I am on my fourth front tire, because of a bubble forming on the side of the tire from driving on LA roads. I was offered wheel and tire protection when I purchased the car, but turned it down, because I have never experienced this issue on any of the other many cars I have owned. When I wrote to BMW North America, they dismissed me completely, offering nothing. My car is in mint condition, the magnesium wheels are perfect, so it is not from driving abuse. BMW have left a bad taste in my mouth and I have had to spend $1,700 in 18 months on tires. Never again.

I have a 2015 BMW X5. I drove the car to a neighbor's for a birthday party. It was daylight. The parking area for the house, which appeared flat, bordered on a hillside. I was (fortunately) alone. I turned off the engine; normally at that point the car goes into (P) park. I went to the back door on the driver's side and opened it to remove something, then closed the door. At that point the car began to roll, and over the next several seconds it picked up speed, then it went over the edge of the hill. There was, mercifully one lone tree which caused the car on the passenger side to crash and stop. When I subsequently went into the car and looked at the gear shift the transmission was in (N) neutral. I emphatically did not leave the car in neutral. There was approximately $15,000 damage to the car.

I contacted BMW about this, really just to inform them. They wanted to inspect the car and the person I talked to at that time said they would consider paying the deductible on the insurance if they determined I was not at fault. This caused some delay but the inspection occurred. Needless to say, they called a couple of weeks later (my original contact had left the company) and said they had not "promised" anything (that was true); they would not take responsibility. This could have been a terrible accident. Had there been a child, a pet, or anyone else, in front of the car, or if I had walked in front of the car to open the passenger door on the other side--or walked back-- there would have been nothing to stop my getting run-over. I would not consider buying another BMW (this is our second, and generally I like the car a lot) if this problem is not somehow fixed.

I purchased a 2011 BMW 550i xDrive from International Autos Group. I must say I love the car and am very happy with the purchase. The issue I have is with BMW's failure to honor the contract that was signed. The contract states the CPO warranty with a deductible of Not Applicable, yet BMW is charging $50 for every service. It took weeks for BMW North America to render a decision, and I think they knew it was the wrong decision, but nevertheless they told me to pound salt. The rep was very rude during our last call. It is my understanding that International Autos Group in Milwaukee, Wisconsin ultimately denied the request to honor the contract. I caution against working with this dealership. Have had much better BMW dealership experiences elsewhere.

I recently purchased 2012 BMW 5 series. It was 51k miles on it and this car had a very good maintenance record. I was thinking that's a very good deal to get a low mileage, well maintained and reliable car. But as for now it appears to be the worst purchase I ever made in my life. I drove it for few month (now it has 57k miles) and got transmission fail for no reason, BMW service asking for $6500 for repairs. How it could happens on that ridiculous mileage? I drove many other brands and some of them was well over 100k miles on it, and were just changing oil.

So I'll probably fix it and sell right away accepting loss, I totally lost my confidence in BMW, that's garbage. Don't want to wait until engine will fail in next few thousand miles. BMW Goodwill only works for valued customers who already spend fortune for them. My point is that BMW cars is a total junk! Only can drive it within the warranty period when they will have to take care of their junk. Thanks.

Recently purchased 328i a month ago and was very excited! Had a big rain storm, the car was somehow flooded, floor and carpet completely soaked. Now the car will not start! It just completely shut down. Steering is locked. Has anyone had similar experience? I would like to know if even worth keeping now. Would like to purchase another BMW, but skeptical. Repairs are outrageous!!

I purchased this BMW 2011 740 li for my wife 9/14 with $55k miles from BMW Murrieta. We have barely had this car two years and has been in the shop 75 days with over $23k paid in repairs. Problems began immediately after we purchased the car. BMW Murrieta told me this car had a thorough 180 point inspection, rear brakes were gone in 300 miles. I took it back and complained, BMW Murrieta warrantied the rear brakes and rotors. 58k Miles - noise in front end, diagnosed as thrust rod bushings, those were replaced. 59K miles, seat motors go out, replaced those. 60k miles - noise in the rear - cv joints went out, replace those. 61k miles, power steering pump starts leaking and making noise, belt tensioner fails as well.

Replaced both as well as the accessory belt. 62k miles, check engine light comes on, fuel tank supply line / pressure sensor fails, replaced those, 68k miles, check engine light comes on - turbo low pressure, replaced, gaskets, collars and vacuum lines. 70k miles check engine light comes on, turbo low pressure - turbo failed, replaced turbos and pressure converters. All good for a while. 89k miles, check engine light comes on - fuel injectors fail, replaced all fuel injectors. 92k miles check engine light comes on - transmission leaks all over driveway and slipping.

Replaced inner mechatronics seal, fluid, pan and seal. 102k miles check engine light comes on, car overheating - water pump fails, replace water pumps, coolest and various gaskets, seals. 103k miles check engine light comes on - vacuum lines on turbo fail again, also replaced valve cover, gaskets and more sensors. 103.5k miles, transmission cooler leaking, replace cooler and lines. Anyone who doesn't believe me, I have all the service records I would be happy to post.

During all this time, BMW Murrieta never recommends that a factory inspector come look at the car for all the issues, BMW America never reaches out to us for any customer service (not sure if they would know this car was in the shop so much unless the dealer would have told them). I call BMW America to see if they can help us at all with all the issues on the car. They open a case to inspect service records, all the money we have spent on repairs at the shop, all the down time, etc.

This gets escalated to a gentleman named Kurt ** - Executive Customer Care (the title actually sounds like they care, THEY DON'T!!) Two weeks later they call me and tell me the BMW does not meet their criteria for any kind of help. He tells me they won't buy it back, I tell him I don't want or expect them to buy it back. I tell him, "I'm just hoping you would take a look at the service records, all the money I have spent repairing this car (over half of what I paid for it), take into consideration all the stress, frustration, down time, rental cars, etc. and see if you can help me in any way keep this thing on the road and out of the dealers mechanic bay." Maybe some help with a trade or maybe some kind of help with an extended warranty, he tells me they cannot do anything, the service records and time in the shop do not meet any of their criteria for help.

I will never ever buy another BMW in my life. This car has been the biggest joke amongst friends and family. They all warned me not to buy a BMW, especially a used one, even if its a CPO or not, doesn't matter if you buy it from the dealer or not. Once you take the car, you're on your own. BMW will not help you with any issues you have. This BMW is the most unreliable car I have ever owned period. I'll stick to my Chevy's, Ford's and Honda's.

To begin with, I have on six BMWs in my life. I purchased a brand-new 428i BMW from Flow BMW in Winston Salem, North Carolina. I have had the car for six months and it had 4000 miles on it. I am a single person and have only had three people in my passenger seat since owning the car. The leather started wearing terribly especially on the side bolster.

I took it to the service department, as I was told to do, and spoke with the warranty guy. He informed me that BMW does not cover their leather under any kind of warranty. I calmly explained to him that only three people have been in the passenger seat and that the driver seat, which I get in and out of numerous times on a daily basis, was in perfect condition. His response was it only takes one time for something to happen! This really upset me especially him knowing that I have been such a loyal customer and took such excellent care of my vehicles. Not to mention that I have spent thousands of dollars at that dealership and my family has also. So, there I was with a six month old car and torn leather in the passenger seat. Oh I was not a happy camper.

After having read all of these complaints about BMW my question is has their quality started to fail? And why do they get such condescending people to work at their dealerships? He could've been much nicer to me instead of treating me like a second-class citizen. I know for a fact that other car companies that are not considered a luxury car manufacturer warranty their stitching and leather, so it leaves one to wonder. I started to take this higher to BMW USA, but I knew I was fighting a losing battle. I suppose it is what it is but I'm still very unhappy!

BMW really needs to extend the warranty in these HPFP for E60. In less than 6 months I'm on my second pump paying out of my pocket because they didn't make it good enough! And vehicle has 133K so warranty didn't cover it. Was in 127,000 first time and now back at it again! I'm really been left down from BMW! I have to say people TO STAY AWAY FROM E60's!!! It's not worth it!

My BMW had been sitting at the auto shop garage lot for a couple of weeks being looked over. I get a call from the garage owner early one morning that my BMW had caught on fire. I could not believe this! How could a car that had been sitting for weeks and had not been driven just catch on fire. The fire marshal investigated the matter and determined that indeed it was an electrical fire. I called BMW to make them aware of this situation. To my surprise the BMW representative told me that it was not an issue that BMW felt responsible for. I could not believe that this was BMW position regarding the quality of their cars. I was being told that because the car was not immediately under warranty BMW was not responsible.

It was my position that here you have a supposed quality car that catches on fire just sitting. What company would not back their product in such a situation? I have a 16 month old son who was riding in this car on a daily basis before taking it in for maintenance. He could have died in this fire! BMW showed no concern or consideration in this matter. I will never buy another BMW if it was the last car on earth! Readers beware!!!

I purchased brand new 2011 BMW 128i which they no longer make for the price you are only paying for the name not the quality of a good car. I had issue from the start with the front end still never figured out what the noise was coming from. I now have 75,000 miles on it in the garage every night regular maintenance and this year alone problem after problem - Oil pan gasket leak $842+, Valve cover gasket leak $802+. Blower and wires fried replaced $750+, Gasket on the housing for oil filter $800+, Front struts $1450+. These prices are from the dealer that I purchased the car from brand new at @35k - nice loyalty to repeat customers, time to go back to a Honda and not Keeler.

Hello I would like to make a complain about my BMW 520d 184ps 2011. My car left me while I was driving. Suddenly I didn't have any power and my car stopped. I took the car to BMW dealer and they told me that is the same problem I had 2 years and one month ago. The injection system and I need to change the same parts as 2 years ago. 2 years ago BMW paid for the parts and I only paid for the workmanship. Then around 120.000-130.000 km, and now I have 214.000 km and I don't consider normal that the injection system should be changed after 90.000 km. Please help with a solution for my problem.

I bought a 2011 BMW 135i (49k mileage) in the beginning of 2016 and during this short period of ownership. I have in and out the dealership(s) many times because of different kinds of failure on this "Ultimate Failing Machine". The lucky thing is that I have Certified Pre-Owned Extended warranty that covers most repairs. The car has 56k mileage today. Those are the repairs I did for 9 months ownership:

Weak air-conditioning due to evaporator leaking in AC system - a quote of repair cost ~$1200, fixed under warranty. DCT Transmission fluid leaking due to bad o-ring - unknown repair cost, fixed under warranty but I have to pay $2** for new DCT Transmission fluid. Otherwise they will reuse the old fluid and put them in after repair (!!!) Do you reuse toilet paper or condom(s)?

Adaptive headlight control module failure - does not cover by CPO warranty. I paid $7** for the repair and reprogramming. High Pressure Fuel Pump failure and Rail pressure sensor failure - this is known issue in N54/N55 engine and the High Pressure Fuel Pump on my car failed in exact 55k mileage. The quote of repair is $17** + taxes + $175 diagnostic fee, fixed under warranty. A Xenon light bulb failure in one headlight - does not cover by CPO warranty. Paid $4** for a set of genuine BMW light bulb and DIY. Let imagine when you get this car with no warranty. How much you will have to spend on every repairs? Good luck with your BMW cars.

I own 2 BMWs. A 2008 750I and a 2008 X5. In the last year I have spent over $5000.00 on each car. It's one thing or another. The most expensive are the various oil leak repairs. I have owned BMW cars for the last 8 years. I am done. The design of the engine, while high tech, is not reliable and will have the customer spending a lot of money for repairs.

I have taken my BMW 328i in three times to the Plano BMW dealership to have fixed for check engine light which keeps coming up every 3 to 4 months. One of the issues has been an EVAP leak error which keeps coming up every 6 months. Now they say you have to continue paying to diagnose the same issue that they could not fix. I have had it with BMW and when comparing it to my E350 Mercedes Benz I will give Mercedes a thumbs up on their service and their car. I am just so frustrated with BMW and this will be the last car I buy with them.

Bought myself a new car, very exciting right? WRONG! Not if it's a BMW! I bought this car less than 30k miles, 2014. This Friday will be my 3rd time taking it to the shop in less than a month. It's still under warranty, but now I'm seeing signs, as I did with my Pontiac Firebird money pit. Feels like something is wrong with the mass air flow, tranny, parking lamp malfunction, now check engine light is on. What's next??? Idk anyone who is taking their car in every week on their day off. Contacting Carmax and my creditor to check out other options. Honda and Toyota here I come! BMW IS RUNNING A RACKET!!!

I am very disappointed with the service I have received from the dealerships in the Atlanta, GA area. I purchased my car on January 15, 2015 and it was one of the proudest moments in my life. I have had to take the car in several time because of the oil leak and I was told by the 2 separate dealership that they can't find an oil leak. I took my car to a certified BMW mechanic and he informed me that there is a known oil leak with BMW 750li NG3 engine but BMW refuse to fix or change the engine. I got up this morning and wrote a letter of complaint and when I was looking for the Customer Complaint information for BMW I found this website. I went through and read all the posted complaints and I see I am not the only owner who is having oil leak and my air conditioner going out.

It seem to be a big problem with BMW's and I am very disappointed but I refuse to drive a car that smokes, leaking oil and the air conditioner not cooling properly. I work for a major transportation company and I am going to be sure I let everyone I work with know the problems I am having with the so call "Ultimate Driving Machine". Sounds like I bought a Lemon so if we are going for action lawsuit count me in. I agree that the 750li should considered a LEMON.

I have an BMW X1 2012. It's only 4 years and 100000 Km yet it already has leaking oil, leaking cooling system, leaking freon. My Honda civic 2005 so far has have no problems like that. Is an BMW better than a regular cheap Honda?

Charged for bumper on lease turn in even though marks were under the spec I was told. I was told I had too many bumper dings, even though I was told not to worry about them when I leased the car. I live in a city. Of course I will have bumper dings.

We are in the market for a newer 3 series BMW sedan. Our current 2002 325i has 240k miles. I have been a faithful BMW owner since 1970. But after the problems with our 2002 325i engine I am not sure about BMW's in our future. Last April we on a road trip to visit our son in Asheville, NC with the intention of purchasing a 3 series BMW. Our experience at BMW of Asheville was not impressive. We found a car during a web search of BMW of Asheville website. We were greeted at the door, offered a drink of water and introduced to sales specialist. The car apparently had some theft and paint damage while at the dealership. So the car was in the paint shop. But after an hour we were getting annoyed having not seen or Sat in a car. Then I noticed our sales specialist jumping in the air with a key fob I assume trying to locate the car.

With Millions of dollars in inventory it would seem simple, to note on the inventory number where it is located and status. The dealership giving us excuses just lowered our confidence in the dealership. In the future I hope customers find a different experience than we had. Still needing a newer car we are looking at a 2007 328i. But after reading the reviews posted here. I am seriously questioning what I am about to do. Can I just on faith that it will turn out okay. Or will the insensitivity of corporate wear me out!

We purchased a pre-owned certified BMW in Fresno, CA in April 2013. Within the first week we had problems with the electrical and our amp went out completely. We were told that it needed to be reset but it continued to fail. We had to take the car in 5 times before they replaced the amp. This was only the beginning of our problems. In the first year of ownership, we had multiply problems with the car including but not limited to: new air conditioning, rear door latch, interior door panel, oil leak. The biggest and most dangerous problem occurred on February 11, 2015.

I was driving home on the freeway and I lost all power in the car. We were in the fast lane, going up a hill and suddenly no power! There were no warning lights of any kind, just complete power failure! I was able to pull over on the freeway and call the BMW service department in Fresno. I was told by my service adviser to simply turn off the car and it would reset. Upon my arrival back in Fresno, I took the car in to the BMW dealership for repair. After the car was there for a few days, I was told to pick up the car because the service department found nothing wrong with the transmission.

Once again I drove the car and with my family in the car on the freeway, I lost complete power again! I took the car back to the service department and told them the car was unsafe to drive. I was given a loaner car. My car was in the service department for one month! My service adviser called me and said that there was nothing wrong with the car and to come and pick it up! I then called the service manager and customer relations with BMW corporate. I explained I could not drive this car because it was not safe for my family or any other driver on the road! It was then that they did an electronic test and determined that it needed a new transmission.

On July 23, 2016, on our way to the central coast, the engine started making a horrible loud noise. I took it in to Coast BMW and they informed me my AC compressor was out, the wishbone was cracked and had to be replaced and they found 2 oil leaks. My car had been burning one quart of oil a month and the Fresno service department told me that was normal for an x5! The service advisor at Coast BMW told me my car was NOT SAFE to drive. We had to leave our car at the coast and rent a car home.

These are all problems that should have been discovered by the Fresno service team because the car had been in several times. There is truly no excuse for BMW to put the lives of my family and the lives of others at risk. I trusted that I purchased the ultimate driving machine. These problems should NEVER happen to another family. Please be warned that BMW is willing to risk your life and your families lives to save a buck.

Firstly, I must state that I have driven BMW for over 20 years til July 2016. Let me start by saying I am a professional taxi driver. I do mainly corporate work. I have tried to build up a nice little business for myself. My mantra was that I provided reliable service in a good, clean car, at reasonable rates. When I went into this business I looked at all the makes and models of cars that would be suitable to deliver the type of service that I was trying to achieve. I ultimately settled on the BMW 520D (The ultimate driving machine or so their marketing team would have you believe). My plan was buy the car in England 2 years old, keep it for 3 to 4 years, writing the depreciation off against my tax liability. The year is 2009. I have built up my business and was going from strength to strength. At this stage I am on my second 520D car as a taxi.

I go to Joe Duffy motors BMW Finglas to get a service, as I am due my NCT the next morning in Fonthill. I go for my NCT and the car fails, due to too much oil in the car. Irate, I phone BMW Finglas and I am put through to the Master Mechanic. The gentleman does not have the greatest of English, but after 20 minutes he finally grasps what I am saying and tells me to drop straight over with the car and he would remedy the matter, as it is a simple process to drain a little oil out of the car. While I am still on the phone, the service manager comes on the line and in no uncertain terms tells me I must have put the oil in myself. The said Service Manager then demands that I pay for keeping the Master mechanic on the phone. I laughed at this, and I never went back to Joe Duffy Motors Finglas. After getting this sorted myself by a good garage the car drives very well, with me only having to replace the gearbox, the clutch and cooling system.

We now skip forward to 2013. In August 2013 I purchased a 2011 BMW 520D. 2-year-old 50k miles on the clock. Full service history. Service pack and BMW warranty. Beautiful machine. Great drive. Smooth driving experience. The first thing I noticed is that every time I wash my car the headlights blow. This is covered under warranty so no cost to me but I am later informed by BMW that if I keep blowing bulbs they would not be replacing them on an ongoing basis (I ask is this normal to happen, no one can answer but also no one investigates the cause. I will have to replace the bulbs every 2 weeks for the life of the car. This mystery is solved in 2016.)

Then January 2014 it all changed. Timing chain went. BMW replaced no charge (car off the road for 6 weeks). Then, oil leak was ongoing for 6 months. BMW said that it was not a leak. It was the engine bedding in. (I was back in touch with BMW every week and down to the garage most weeks and was always told that the leak was fixed) that it was a different leak each time???

It took 6 months to sort the oil leak out. Then 2 weeks later, coolant leak. 2 water pumps and 2 radiators later (I paid for 1 of each then I was told they were faulty). It takes over 1 month to sort the coolant leak issue. Then, diesel leak. In fairness I brought the car down and it was repaired first time. No further leak. Then, timing chain went again. BMW replaced no charge (car off the road for 4 weeks. They are getting quicker. Must be all the practice they have got from the F10 Model). I drive the car from the BMW garage in Naas and as I get to the Esso garage on the Naas road the oil light goes on.

I purchase 3 liters of oil. I ring the garage screaming blue murder over this and I am informed by the service manager that it is grand as the engine holds 6 liters and not to worry about it as they had put the correct amount of oil into the car. Oil leak again for 2 months down every week and every week I am told the oil leak is fixed and that each oil leak from then on is a new oil leak. Now we move forward to November 2015. Guess what??? Timing chain goes again. I contact BMW and the car is towed down to the garage. Now the service manager informs me that he has recommended to BMW that they replace the engine to which BMW say NO WAY. BMW look for the work sheet to compare what had been fixed the last 2 times. BMW fix the timing chain no charge to myself (I am off the road for 3 weeks).

The ultimate driving machine is back on the road but for how long? I won't be holding my breath. 1 month goes by after the timing chain has been replaced. Now a new problem has arisen. The crank bends, or so I am led to believe, and the bearing disintegrates inside the engine. Back to BMW with the car (oh the joys of driving the ultimate driving machine). I pay 5k to have the car repaired. I get in the car and as I am driving up the Naas road I try to check the oil reading in the car. It's not working??? The windscreen washer is not working??? The bonnet is not sitting right on the car??? There are scratches on the driver's side wing where some village idiot in BMW has leaned on the car looking into the engine and his zipper has scratched the wing (I have pictures of same). I contact the garage and they say I have to bring it back to replace the sensor in the sump no charge.

Then I find the heating on the driver's side is not working. BMW said that they did not do anything to the heating (strange that). I have asked BMW for a list of all the parts that have been replaced in my car since I bought it. I am still waiting as details of anything that was repaired under warranty, I am not privy to. The service manager informs me that there is something peculiar with the mileage of my car but stops short of saying the car was clocked. I went back to the garage I bought the car from and I informed him of what had been said and what I felt had been implied. He goes to see Conlans and was told that I misunderstood what they had said to me and what they meant was that I did very high mileage.

Does that mean the car is not fit for purpose and BMW the ultimate driving machine is only good for short trips to the shops and not able to cope with long distance driving??? If the car was clocked, then it would have shown up in the BMW service history. My car is serviced every 22k kilometers. If a light comes up on the dash it's straight in to be repaired. I still say when the car is running, it is a pleasure to drive. It is now February 2016. The coolant leak is back. The heating on the driver's side does not work. The bonnet is not on right, but I am sure Conlans will remedy this. My insurance company will not transfer my policy onto another car if my own one breaks down again, as I have done so too many times in the last year. My policy is renewed in May. The breakdown service I use has informed me that if I breakdown again before May I will have to pay for towing, as I have exceeded the amount of tows in a year.

Coolant leak fixed in June 2016, oh the joy of driving a performance machine. I have never had more than 3 months trouble free driving. At the start of July I had to replace the headlight unit with the module at a cost of 1280.00 (this solves the mystery of the blown bulbs). It is now the middle of July 2016. I am now broken down again on the Howth Road at 12:20 am. The tow truck I have been told will take almost 3 hours to get to me. Finally have the piece of ** car on the back of the tow truck. Did you know that if the engine is not started, the car cannot be simply put into neutral. No this is a BMW one of the finest motoring vehicles on the road today and because of this you have to jack up the car, remove the bottom cover off the engine and release the drive shaft. WHO IN GOD'S NAME THINKS THIS ** UP???

As it turns out, the engine is seized. Overheating??? Lack of coolant. Checked the coolant levels they are fine??? Lubrication either too much or lack of? Oil levels are ideal and before I am asked it is the correct oil recommended by BMW themselves? Mis-assembled? I would have to check with BMW over that wouldn't I? But like asking a burglar did he rob me??? What do you think the answer will be? I have lost numerous accounts due to the fact that I am now seen as unreliable. I am at my wits end. I have tried to be reasonable and polite with both the garages and BMW Ireland but I now firmly believe nice guys only finish the race if they push the BMW car over the line. I have tried not to put my emotions or feelings in this letter. I have tried to just state the facts as I see them. I know I cannot face another year of dealing with this poor service and bad treatment from both parties.

I contacted BMW Ireland and had no joy or assistance in any of these matters. I thought I was buying a premium car to service the executive clientele in the corporate sector, how wrong I was? It would have been better to have bought a 10 year old Skoda for a third of the price. At least then I would have been able to keep working. My mileage in kilometers is 315,000. I have calculated that over the last 3 years I have been off the road on average for 1 week per month. I can only assume that whoever is reading this letter, is wondering why I keep going back to Conlans BMW if I have had so much trouble with their work over the last few years. Well here is the answer. I have to keep going back to them as they did the original work and to protect the warranty on the work that has been carried out by them on either BMWs behalf or for work that I have had to pay for.

I have asked, on numerous occasions, if I can bring my car to another garage to be repaired and I am told yes you can but you will have to pay for the work to be done even though I have paid through the nose for the work that has been done so far. I have driven BMW cars for the last ten years and I always said that they were the best driving machines in the world. I cannot, in all honesty, say that anymore and who can really blame me? I feel that BMW do not give a fiddlers about customer service and could not care less that their vehicle is a piece of crap. I have now bought an Audi A6 in the hope that it is better than the 520D piece of **. You may have gathered by my letter I harbor a certain amount of bitterness towards BMW and their lack of customer service that I feel has been shown to me. I am now going to setup a twitter account to highlight just how badly BMW treat their customers.

Friends and family I wanted to share my recent experience with BMW to forewarn any of you who might be considering purchasing a vehicle with them. Although this post is long, I please urge you to read through and leave comments and share to strengthen my case against BMW. I own 2010 535I GT. Summary of my experience: I had initially gone to BMW to repair a faulty water pump, where they should have also discovered the other issues they later diagnosed during their 27-point inspection. These issues were overlooked and I had to bring my car back to get re-diagnosed, where they estimated $5,700 in repairs. After the repairs were done, a new problem arose, and funny enough, the new problem is the result of them fixing the initial issue, which they still have the nerve to charge me to fix. Read the full story below:

I first noticed an issue with my car 2 months ago when my engine started overheating on the freeway. As a result I towed my car to McKenna BMW in Norwalk, CA where I paid close to $800 to repair a faulty water pump. Close to two weeks later I found another issue. This time the problem was the headliner on the sunroof. I brought my car to BMW of Ontario where a full inspection was done. The diagnosis: replace the headliner and repair leaks in valve cover gasket and oil filter housing. Total cost estimate for repairs: $5,700. After making a fuss, they agreed to a 25% discount and since I had guests coming in from out of country, I okayed the repairs.

After that I started checking reviews online. I noticed that quite a few people had complaints about headliner malfunction. One was at 14,000 miles. Had I been using my sunroof, I would have probably discovered this problem sooner and would have been a part of warranty. I do think it is a faulty part and manufacturing defect. After I picked up my car, I got on the freeway and heard noise from the roof again. Stopped by home real quick to pick something up. As soon as I turned off the engine, there was a big squeaking noise coming from the engine. Took the car back and had a test drive with the service manager on duty, and he concurred with the two noise issues and promised to fix them. A week later the service advisor contacted me saying the noise from the roof was fixed. However the squeaking noise was a result of repairing the gaskets. Explanation was that when there was a leak in gasket, the air had an escape route.

After replacing the gaskets, the air had nowhere to escape, thus making the noise. To eliminate the noise I would have to pay to replace the valve cover. Beware: If you are buying a brand new BMW, there would be a squeaky noise from the engine because the gaskets would be new and the air would have nowhere to escape (lol). I contacted BMW corporate to explain my situation and to be refunded for my repairs, waste of time and inconvenience. They dismissed my claim and said there was nothing they could do since I no longer had warranty. I definitely feel profiled as a woman, and I feel like the BMW dealership preyed on my lack of mechanical knowledge to squeeze me for every cent. This was a truly exhausting and upsetting customer service experience. I expect much more from a luxury car company.

BMW has made a nasty turn for the worse. I am a loyal customer over a decade and have purchased 6 BMWs for me and my family to enjoy over the years. I am on my 6th BMW which happened to be a CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED BMW. The last 5 were purchased New and after the CPO experience being described to me by a sales associate, I determined to purchase a CPO BMW instead of new.

What a mistake! The car was visually perfect and mechanically appeared fine on the test drive before purchase, but there were a plethora of engine and transmission issues the week after purchase. With less than 30,000 miles, I had no idea what I was getting into with this plagued car, not to mention all the interior cracks and creaking and the deferred maintenance that no one paid any attention to on the vehicle.

I asked BMW North America for compensation for my time spent, almost 20 hours of driving, waiting, telephone calls, troubleshooting, exchanging rental cars, paying for rental cars, etc. and after 3 weeks they called me back stating that they will not honor any compensation. Disgusting. This will be my last BMW, and I will be sure to share this experience with my circle of car enthusiasts.

2013 335xi CPO 3 bent rims sold to me by BMW of south shore Hingham Mass. First I must start by saying I'm writing this review with the facts and non-bias against BMW South Shore Gallery. I have owned 4 BMWs within the last couple of yrs. I recently went to BMW of south shore to trade my SUV for a sedan. Upon my arrival I notice that they had a new facility quite spacious and clean. Not many sales folks on the floor... However after a few minutes I was approach by a young gentleman which was quite articulate. We struck up a deal on my trade for a CPO sedan. After signing and ready for pickup a few days later I notice the car was not cleaned to my expectation... So I told them about it and they asked me to bring it back... so I did.

After a few weeks later I was driving going 93 north. During my acceleration I notice that there was heavy vibration when the speedometer was 70 mph... I did not think anything of it... I thought this was just maybe balancing needed. Within a 2-week span I decided to call and make appointment to take a look... After arriving at the service area... I was in quite shock because the first thing the service advisor said was "you will need wheel and tire insurance..." I'm like "wtf" in my mind... Ok I humored him... Then he said he's going to put it on the lift and show me that it's not uncommon that I have bent rims? But 3 rims... How the hell did he know that the rims was bent... After putting it on the lift... he called me to look. He stated that 3 of my rims was bent and needed to be fixed. Keep in my mind I barely had this car for less than an month prior to observing this problem.

I told them that I'm not responsible for this, as this car is fairly new and I just picked it up. I was appalled by the next comment... that it's not uncommon to have 3 or 4 rims bent... Seriously. I said I was going to go directly to BMW and complain of this deceitful practices on CPO's... and especially the folks in the service area selling you unnecessary things... BMW puts a lot into their CPO's and South Shore is putting the money back in their pockets... Right now I'm still waiting for a call from them to fix my 3 bent rims which they knowingly sold the car to me with. The average driver would not have notice this issue if they were driving at 55 mph... So beware...

Always go over the car thoroughly with the sales person... and have them put it on the lift and have 4 tires rotating so you can see if the rims are bent. My wife brought her car there several times for service and each time it has always been a problem because they serviced the wrong thing... including taking off parts and not putting it on back correctly... There's no accountability with the service advisor... and mechanics. If you do purchase a car please take to another BMW dealer and have them go over it and I bet you will find quite a few discrepancies...

My recommendation is to find another source to finance the purchase/lease of a BMW. Perhaps avoid the product altogether. I assumed a lease, 12 months remaining, in January of 2016. The original account/lessee had prepaid the lease including the applicable sales taxes due the original State of Registration - MA. I registered the vehicle in my home State of Maine where sales taxes on leased vehicles are paid in full upfront upon registration.

At that time I informed BMW Financial Services ("BMW") that I would be registering the vehicle in ME and therefore sales taxes prepaid and due MA for the remaining term of the lease would no longer apply. I made the argument then that the prepaid balance on the BMW lease account, relative to sales taxes collected for future remittance by BMW to MA, should be refunded to me, the new Lessee of the vehicle. I was told that BMW would stop billing MA sales taxes to the account upon receipt of documentation proving that the vehicle was now registered and titled in Maine. Any balance collected upfront for MA sales taxes and remaining on the account would only be refunded to me at the end of the lease term.

As of today, BMW continues to bill me for MA sales taxes even though the vehicle has been registered in ME since January of 2016. I phoned BMW today to revisit this situation; their response was that nothing could be done because the account was originally prepaid. Sales taxes are due monthly on a lease in MA, they continue to bill, collect and pay MA sales taxes because that is "how they do it". Sound like BS to you?

At best this is an error BMW is unwilling to correct on behalf of a long standing customer with three finance accounts currently active with the Company. At worst it is outright fraud that they are collecting and pocketing taxes that are not due/payable to the State of MA. What is a BMW customer worth over their lifetime? I'm not asking for a discount, I'm asking to be refunded sales taxes that are being paid twice, once to the original State of MA and now to the Sate of Maine. We are talking about $600 versus over $300,000 in lifetime value of a BMW Customer. BMW is not willing to make an effort to make this right, what does that tell you about their commitment to customer service. They are willing to lose over $300,000 of customer value and avoid correcting a $600 error on behalf of a long standing customer.

BMW Company Profile