Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

1078 BMW Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

Only went there for the pull ahead offer, 3 mos free, 3 knew & put it in receipt, 1k, 8k miles later bad tires & breaks, 5k of work, 62 yr old F alone, they scammed me. Refuse to pay back the 1k or tires.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I will never buy a BMW again. Overpriced and the quality is not present anywhere. Difficult to upkeep and customer service is nearly nonexistent at dealership AND corporate level. I bought a 320i and was so excited to run around with the BMW logo - until realized the logo was ALL I was getting. The car is subpar to my old Geo Metro from the 90s I had as a kid. NOT EXAGGERATING. As the first owner and the car is ONLY A YEAR OLD, it shouldn't have all the problems it's been having. I had to buy new tires (yes, that quickly) because they come with run flats which go bald quickly. To boot, I couldn't have my usual family friend replace them because I needed some special BMW tire bolt remover to get them off. Took forever to get this bolt remover because it didn't come with the car and I ended up missing a weekend trip because I felt unsafe driving on bald tires.

Engine stalls sometimes when first starting car in the a.m., door lock mechanism has broken a few times, and most of all: The car terrifies me on curvy roads on the freeway (can't have full control of the steering wheel during high speed curves on the freeway). I am terrified I'm going to die in this car - I've gone back to the dealer multiple times to tell them the steering wheel sticks on high speed turns and they only tell me they can't find the problem - because they aren't looking for it!!! They just want my money and care less about fixing this car under the warranty. And I can't afford to get another car while saddled with this one or ruin my credit by dumping it because I'm trying to buy a house. So I just avoid going far in this car or rent vehicles when I need to drive long distance. Ridiculous.

But wait! There's more! Every time I go make a payment online, the website is down or I'm being asked to authenticate my same device I always use. Beyond annoying. I have to call customer service to pay, which is always a 20 min wait because their site never works. So EVERYONE is calling in and I go thru that EVERY MONTH just to pay my hard earned money for a car I'm scared to drive! It has been a complete nightmare owning this car and BMW doesn't care. I have told my family if I die on any curvy roads to have the steering issue looked into and sue the daylights out of them. DO NOT BUY A BMW!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased a 2018 BMW X5 in 2017. We bought a brand new vehicle so I wouldn’t have to be having car trouble. I’ve owned the vehicle about 14 months and it has had 2 engine malfunctions within one year. The vehicle just starts shaking and completely shuts off! Both times it happened in the freeway were cars are driving a constant speed of over 55 miles.

Luckily I was able to just merge to the side of the freeway without causing an accident. Very bad experience just thinking I could of put my kids in danger since the engine just shuts off out of nowhere. This last time we were stranded in the grapevine where there was no stores or gas station close by just waiting for the tow truck to arrive. Both times my car has been in service for over a week. I am trying to request a replacement for a car that is not faulty or if they can just reimburse me what I’ve paid for and return the vehicle. I am very disappointed. We thought that one of the best car makers were BMW and it has let me down especially for the price.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I recently bought a used 2011 BMW X6 with 42K miles. The vehicle was owned by a friend of mine and she was the original owner. The X6 was serviced by BMW dealer and at recommended intervals. After two weeks, the car won't start and had it towed to an independent shop. The diagnosed was the VVT motor and DME unit (Digital Motor Electronic) were bad and total replacement for parts and labor comes to $4,700. The mechanic informed me that he has seen this issue many times and normally happens at 90-100K miles and not 42K miles. The mechanic said I should call BMW of North America to see if they would reimburse the cost. BMW refused stating the car no longer under warranty. IMO, BMW products are crapped and expensive to repair and I will never buy their cars and let people know not to buy their cars since they don't stand behind their products. Their cars are overpriced and a piece of junk.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I just bought the car in Sept 2018. It has been in dealership service 5 times since then including a TWO MONTH stay that I just picked up yesterday. Had to call today because engine is stuttering on highway AGAIN and need to take back in for additional service. The dealership has had the car in repair status more time than I have been able to drive it! Total lemon in my estimation. I am paying car payments but cannot drive the car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: March 21, 2019

I had actually received a piece of mail that had said my car was a recall. Now as many years as we’ve owned the car never have I ever heard or had been sent a letter of my car being a recall and we’ve been the first owners the only owners and it’s been so many years. My car is a 2001 and they’re just recently telling me about the recall which could’ve killed me and my kids and very harmful very harmful recall. Actually it is. They should’ve notified people a lot sooner because anything could happen whether it’s your fault or not your fault. Then they tell you to come in and that they will take care of it for you but they make it almost impossible for you to bring your car in and at the very end they end up making you pay for something which is supposed to be completely on their end. The customer service was horrible.

Original review: March 15, 2019

They holding my BMW X5 car over 1 month because there is recall from BMW, and they don't have spare parts, and there is no estimate date for repairing. They just saying sit and wait, no complaining, no compensation for them, they just want to you wait, and do nothing. Even they don't offer BMW car, they offer other makes, which is not equal my car. And worst thing about BMW they pretending to be good company, which is totally lie, and their main priority is customer safe, totally lie. If your main priority was customers safe why did you sell millions cars this public and they put people's lives in danger, and they don't want to compensate it. Personally I never ever get BMW again, and wouldn't recommend anybody either, they selling not secure cars this public and don't want to compensate it. Stay away from BMW. Honestly.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We purchased a CPO X50i from BMW about 14 months ago. Out of the 14 months, the vehicle has spent about 9 months in the dealership getting repaired. We’ve dealt with the typical drivetrain malfunction issues, which seems BMW techs aren’t well trained on how to fix. Each time that the vehicle would be picked up from service, within the day the same or new issue would occur. We even tried going to a different BMW dealership to see if we had better luck and my service advisor advised that I get rid of the car and there wasn’t anything else they can do. I finally contacted BMW North America and opened up a PUMA case. They claim to give me an update every week, yet I never get any updates. Bring the vehicle is t financed through BMW financial, we’ve been stuck having to make payments for a vehicle that isn’t in any operating conditions.

In fact, twice the vehicle had heavy smoke and started to heat up, where the smoke was going into the cabin. I was driving with my son, who was scared for his life as we thought the vehicle was about to catch on fire. Being we were driving on the highway, it would be some time till I could pull over to safety. BMW NA asked us for our financials and contract for the vehicle purchase, but nothing has been done. We have officially been consistently in a loaner for over 5 months. I’m sick of it, it’s not fair to us, yet we have to pay the price. We have a 2016 Mercedes S550 and it’s our 3rd one, and no issues. We also had a 2012 BMW 750 and similar issues. I’m giving BMW 2 weeks to make this right.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased new 525i in 2001. Should have never purchased new 2009 528I. Spent too much time prior to 50K mileage warranty having BMW serviced and too much time plus money after 50K for other vehicle problems that "were not covered " by warranty. Called North America BMW headquarters in New Jersey. Headquarters could care less about their product and customers. Bought Porsche Cayenne 4 years ago and wondered what I ever saw in BMW. Complete night and day difference in quality of the vehicle. I will tell as many potential BMW buyers to NOT purchase a BMW. Do NOT purchase BMW's. I have been told that a significant amount of the money made by the company is from the repairs of the vehicles. Surely BMW headquarters is aware considering they are supplying the parts for all of the expected/planned repairs.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I lease a $120,000 750xi and have had nothing but problems with this car. The car has been in the shop over 10 times including the recent 25 day trip where they replaced the engine!!! On a brand new 2016 lease never owned before. BMW refuses to make my payment for me. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They lost my car once, one time gave me the car back with a flat tire. The list goes in. THE WORST COMPANY EVER.

BMW Company Information