2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

BMW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: July 6, 2020

BMW is the worst brand vehicle. Always needing repairs. Have spent over $100,000 in vehicles repairs. Don’t recommend anyone to purchase BMW. BMW X5 especially Mechanical, Transmission, and Engine issues.

Original review: June 25, 2020

DO NOT buy car from this dealer!!! This deal is selling you a defective car!!! I purchased a brand new 2020 X7 from this dealer. And the car was broken after 7 days driving:

1. The touch screen is 100% off, I cannot control anything on the display.
2. The bluetooth wipe out my and my wife's phone (Andriod and iPhone both) connection 3 time a week, which mean we need to reconnect/reconfigure our phone connection every other day.
3. The battery is dead permanently, the error signal was on when I purchased it originally, but the sales told me it will be back to normal after couple days driving. But after 1 week driving, the battery error signal is still there, and need to be replaced.
4. The rubber seal on the front end hook is coming out, and looks really ugly and do not match the BMW brand at all.
5. The auto lock is not function at all. After enabling this feature, the auto lock still not working at all. This feature is very normal one on any premium brand car back to 5+ year ago. I personally own another Acura and Tesla, all of cars have this function and there is no problems to use such function in the past 3 years.

6. All of the cellphone app remote control function is not working on my car. I cannot lock/unlock/flash/horn the car via the phone app.

I drop off the car 5 calendar days (4 business) ago. And service department is still working on it, from the time it took, I can definitely tell this is not a small issue. Since the service adviser told me, replacing a new battery will only cost them half business day. So for sure, there is a huge defective on this brand new X7 car. I am really surprised that this dealer will sell defective car to the customer, especially on such high end/premium 7 series product line.

Update @2020-06-24: After 5 days waiting, today afternoon the service department just called me back, saying the display is totally off, and cannot be fixed by them. So they decided to order a new display from BMW, and the new part will by arrived in Friday (so another 3 business days waiting). And then they will need to replace the display part completely! Can you imagine this is what happened to a brand NEW X7, with 7 days driving and only less than 200 mileage.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Bridgewater, NJ said they can not take the X128i we are leasing (and 3 years of full lease has been completed) becuase of Murphy's Executive order to keep NJ safe (duing the COVID period). However, when I called the BMW Financial Services, they said we need to make the payment to keep the car. How is that fair by BMW? The car is not even driven at all for last 6 weeks.

I am ready to return the car and toally understand that only essestial businesses needs to be open, but here is a company who wants to make full use of the situtation of charging the customers. Very very dissappoiting in BMW and surely I am not the only one who has been forced to do so. This was my 3rd BMW and never going back to this company.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I have dealt with Victoria BC BMW now for 5 years and am sorry to say that they have lost me as a customer. Forever. Awful, horrible, deplorable service. They simply disregard the clients concerns. Over the past 2 years my vehicle has been in the repair shop to have the following fixed and they simply just say they can't fix the following:

a) A car that just stalls out of the blue for no reason.
b) Brakes that squeal in reverse.
c) Also the brakes needed to be replaced after 10K km!!! Which was not covered by warranty. This is ridiculous and there needs to be a recall on that model - 2018 X1.

d) The trunk closes when you are half way inside of it. Very scary. I requested they disengage that automatic setting and they were unable to do it. ???? So I have lived for 2 years in fear of going into the trunk because it would randomly close on me when I was inside of it.

BMW VICTORIA- you do not live up to the customer service mission statement of BMW.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I have 2014 X3 since 2018 and the problems start 2020 after expired of extended guarantee period of course. Same problem 3 times. Same service station which is Oregon Bmw in Halifax Canada but they didn't completely solve my problem but l pay every attempt, called to head office of bmw Canada. They also say that, "You should pay every step of maintenance even we couldn't find anything." So my car almost new now because they changed many parts and still same problem. I don't want to use this car anymore.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased a 2015 BMW 435i brand new. I purchased all the extended warranties and maintenance packages. Since 2017 I have had an ongoing issue with the car not starting. It happens when least expected. I have replaced the battery 3 times in the last year. The last time it was in for repair I was told that they could not replicate the problem. So basically BMW cannot fix their own product. I was so frustrated. I told my service advisor that if they can’t fix it then no one can! No one cared! I called customer relations to No avail.

I thought I would be able to keep this car for many years to come but due to its unreliability, I had to trade it in for a completely different brand. I lost tens of thousands of dollars! Last but not least, I called the finance department to get a refund on what was left of the extended warranties only to find out that many of them are no refundable! I will tell anyone who will listen, do NOT purchase any of these vehicles, they are not the quality that they are marketed to be. I know at least three other people who have had multiple problems with various models. One of which sued with lemon law and got another vehicle. I did not want another vehicle, I just wanted them to fix mine! This was a VERY expensive lesson learned.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I leased a brand new 5 series and it had a rodent nest and the rodents ate up all the wires. The power steering went after only having the car for 7 days. BMW headquarters does nothing for you. They claim the dealerships are individual owned and you have to deal with the service manager. Never ever again will I go back to BMW after this.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I took my brand new BMW to the dealer for a car wash. It was significantly scratched. The dealer Unilaterally decided it wasn’t them. I called BMW North America and reported the issue. The dealer Downtown BMW of Denver sales manager called me, yelled at me and now I am banned from having my car serviced there altogether. Bmw North America told me they were sorry but there was nothing they can do. Each dealer is owned individually. So now may car has significant damage and I can no longer have it washed as I was promised with my maintenance package.

I bought the car at Schomp. I purchased the protectant package which I paid $700 for to find out it wasn’t applied. They are refusing to refund my money even though at this point I can’t have the protectant applied because the car is so damaged. Essentially bmw doesn’t care about their customers. They just want To sell cars and once they do you better hope you don’t have any issues because they don’t stand behind their promises.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/water-in-the-trunk-causes-problems-for-bmw-owners-and-bmw-020717.html. I drive a 2011 BMW 535i. The car shut down in the middle of an intersection. Several inches of water was found in a trunk compartment and the electronic circuitry found in the truck now needs to be replaced. I googled the symptoms and found a class action lawsuit settlement covering this issue for years 2004-2010 but not my 2011. I contacted the dealer who sent me to BMW customer relations only to be told "sorry, but you are not covered". I am not sure what to do now, but I do know I will never purchase another BMW. See link to article above.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

My 2017 X1 was blacked out and completely died while entering the freeway. The BMW computer system failed to alert or display any warnings about the faulty battery or vehicle. We were unable to turn on the hazard light to alert the other drivers. All we could do was praying that the police will show up before we get hit by other vehicles. BMW of North America has refused to accept any liabilities for the defective battery used to build the X1.

BMW Company Information