Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1091 BMW Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

I am not fully sure why BMW thinks they can get away with having faulty engines in over 500K cars for a seven year period but they're doing it. Now they want me to pay $4600 to fix something they knew was broken? That is utterly ridiculous. How is it that these major car companies can have recall after recall and not be reprimanded or mandated by law to sit a few months or years? Or even have quarterly inspections regarding the quality they're producing... I was almost killed in a car accident by a semi-truck when my engine stalled on the highway from 70 to 30 mph in under 2 seconds. All I can recall is hearing the screeching of the truck as it fishtailed behind me, not to rear end me. However, I must pay for it? Wow. As a veteran who served over 20+ years, that is a difficult pill to swallow. What's even worse is how BMW treats you after that.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I would like to share my disgust and aggravation with BMW Assist. Last night, after dropping my son off at soccer practice in South Florida, I placed my dog and my purse in the front seat of my BMW X5. I proceeded to close the door and walk over to the driver’s side. To my disbelief, all the doors were locked and my dog was stuck in a stifling hot vehicle. I called BMW Assist frantically, requesting that they open my door. They asked for all my information including my address, vehicle VIN, etc. The only information I was unable to provide them with was my enrollment date (as all the paperwork, along with my dog), was locked in my vehicle. I begged the woman to ask me any other security question. She said “sorry, I can’t help you”. I told her my dog was dying and suffocating in the vehicle. She said without this information she was unable to send a signal to my car. She was rude, unsympathetic and didn’t care about my dog’s well-being.

We called the police and the city sent a fire truck and policeman to assist in saving my dog’s life. Luckily, however, my son was able to sign into our account, from home, and retrieve the necessary information before the police needed to get involved. I was so upset that I called both BMW North America and BMW Assist. I was told that this was a security measure to avoid theft. I would rather my car be stolen than to lose a life. What would the woman have done if it were a baby? Let the baby die to avoid potential theft.

I am sorry, but I choose life over theft. I was also told that the woman could have opened the vents in my vehicle but never offered to do so. BMW Assist supervisor also told me that she should have informed me with an officer at hand, that she would be allowed to send a signal. Neither step was, however, taken. I am very fortunate that my dog is alive, but unfortunately from no assistance provided by BMW. This is unacceptable and procedures and policies should be established so that this never happens again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Bad customer service. Gave me defective car. Now they are not ready to take it back. It's my suggestion to every one never buy BMW especially from BMW NEWPORT. Very rude people. Contacted so-many times to sales manager and service but no one is ready to help. This is the worst experience of my life. Spend $52000. Car is giving the problem from day 1. They not even fixing it properly in one and half month. Car been to service station more than 6 times and still have the issue. Please suggest me what to do. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Only went there for the pull ahead offer, 3 mos free, 3 knew & put it in receipt, 1k, 8k miles later bad tires & breaks, 5k of work, 62 yr old F alone, they scammed me. Refuse to pay back the 1k or tires.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I will never buy a BMW again. Overpriced and the quality is not present anywhere. Difficult to upkeep and customer service is nearly nonexistent at dealership AND corporate level. I bought a 320i and was so excited to run around with the BMW logo - until realized the logo was ALL I was getting. The car is subpar to my old Geo Metro from the 90s I had as a kid. NOT EXAGGERATING. As the first owner and the car is ONLY A YEAR OLD, it shouldn't have all the problems it's been having. I had to buy new tires (yes, that quickly) because they come with run flats which go bald quickly. To boot, I couldn't have my usual family friend replace them because I needed some special BMW tire bolt remover to get them off. Took forever to get this bolt remover because it didn't come with the car and I ended up missing a weekend trip because I felt unsafe driving on bald tires.

Engine stalls sometimes when first starting car in the a.m., door lock mechanism has broken a few times, and most of all: The car terrifies me on curvy roads on the freeway (can't have full control of the steering wheel during high speed curves on the freeway). I am terrified I'm going to die in this car - I've gone back to the dealer multiple times to tell them the steering wheel sticks on high speed turns and they only tell me they can't find the problem - because they aren't looking for it!!! They just want my money and care less about fixing this car under the warranty. And I can't afford to get another car while saddled with this one or ruin my credit by dumping it because I'm trying to buy a house. So I just avoid going far in this car or rent vehicles when I need to drive long distance. Ridiculous.

But wait! There's more! Every time I go make a payment online, the website is down or I'm being asked to authenticate my same device I always use. Beyond annoying. I have to call customer service to pay, which is always a 20 min wait because their site never works. So EVERYONE is calling in and I go thru that EVERY MONTH just to pay my hard earned money for a car I'm scared to drive! It has been a complete nightmare owning this car and BMW doesn't care. I have told my family if I die on any curvy roads to have the steering issue looked into and sue the daylights out of them. DO NOT BUY A BMW!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BMW?

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased a 2018 BMW X5 in 2017. We bought a brand new vehicle so I wouldn’t have to be having car trouble. I’ve owned the vehicle about 14 months and it has had 2 engine malfunctions within one year. The vehicle just starts shaking and completely shuts off! Both times it happened in the freeway were cars are driving a constant speed of over 55 miles.

Luckily I was able to just merge to the side of the freeway without causing an accident. Very bad experience just thinking I could of put my kids in danger since the engine just shuts off out of nowhere. This last time we were stranded in the grapevine where there was no stores or gas station close by just waiting for the tow truck to arrive. Both times my car has been in service for over a week. I am trying to request a replacement for a car that is not faulty or if they can just reimburse me what I’ve paid for and return the vehicle. I am very disappointed. We thought that one of the best car makers were BMW and it has let me down especially for the price.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I recently bought a used 2011 BMW X6 with 42K miles. The vehicle was owned by a friend of mine and she was the original owner. The X6 was serviced by BMW dealer and at recommended intervals. After two weeks, the car won't start and had it towed to an independent shop. The diagnosed was the VVT motor and DME unit (Digital Motor Electronic) were bad and total replacement for parts and labor comes to $4,700. The mechanic informed me that he has seen this issue many times and normally happens at 90-100K miles and not 42K miles. The mechanic said I should call BMW of North America to see if they would reimburse the cost. BMW refused stating the car no longer under warranty. IMO, BMW products are crapped and expensive to repair and I will never buy their cars and let people know not to buy their cars since they don't stand behind their products. Their cars are overpriced and a piece of junk.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I just bought the car in Sept 2018. It has been in dealership service 5 times since then including a TWO MONTH stay that I just picked up yesterday. Had to call today because engine is stuttering on highway AGAIN and need to take back in for additional service. The dealership has had the car in repair status more time than I have been able to drive it! Total lemon in my estimation. I am paying car payments but cannot drive the car.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I had actually received a piece of mail that had said my car was a recall. Now as many years as we’ve owned the car never have I ever heard or had been sent a letter of my car being a recall and we’ve been the first owners the only owners and it’s been so many years. My car is a 2001 and they’re just recently telling me about the recall which could’ve killed me and my kids and very harmful very harmful recall. Actually it is. They should’ve notified people a lot sooner because anything could happen whether it’s your fault or not your fault. Then they tell you to come in and that they will take care of it for you but they make it almost impossible for you to bring your car in and at the very end they end up making you pay for something which is supposed to be completely on their end. The customer service was horrible.

Original review: March 15, 2019

They holding my BMW X5 car over 1 month because there is recall from BMW, and they don't have spare parts, and there is no estimate date for repairing. They just saying sit and wait, no complaining, no compensation for them, they just want to you wait, and do nothing. Even they don't offer BMW car, they offer other makes, which is not equal my car. And worst thing about BMW they pretending to be good company, which is totally lie, and their main priority is customer safe, totally lie. If your main priority was customers safe why did you sell millions cars this public and they put people's lives in danger, and they don't want to compensate it. Personally I never ever get BMW again, and wouldn't recommend anybody either, they selling not secure cars this public and don't want to compensate it. Stay away from BMW. Honestly.

BMW Company Information