Best Car Transporters in Los Angeles, CA
Moving long-distance is stressful, especially if you have a vehicle to tow along. Hiring an auto transport company relieves this stress and avoids putting unnecessary miles on your car’s odometer. We created a list of our recommendations for the best auto transport companies in Los Angeles to help ship your vehicle to or from LA.
Top 12 Los Angeles Car Shipping Companies
|eShip||Read 2,380 Reviews|
Offers expedited and enclosed options. Handles door-to-door delivery. No upfront deposit. Gives free instant quotes. Platinum Protection Plan helps cover damage. Provides personal agent and vehicle tracking.
|toll freenumber(844) 505-3853 Visit Website|
|AmeriFreight||Read 2,467 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door transport. Requires no upfront payment. Gives free consultations. Cost to ship sedan in open carrier ranges from $495 to $1,300. Provides discounts for seniors, students and emergency/protection services.
|Sherpa Auto Transport||Read 688 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door auto transport. Gives free quotes online. Price Lock Promise means your quote won’t change. Clean Car Guarantee gives you a free car wash after delivery.
|toll freenumber(844) 781-3171 Visit Website|
Ships cars, boats and motorcycles door to door. Handles domestic and international shipping. Average 200-mile cost is $584. Average 1,000-mile cost is $780. Provides cargo insurance. Choose from competing rates.
|Alliance Auto Transport||Read Expert Review|
Ships cars, SUVs, trucks, vans, motorcycles and boats across the country. Offers open and enclosed carriers. Provides free quotes and optional door-to-door shipping.
|Auto Shipping Group Los Angeles||Read Expert Review|
Delivers cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, classic cars, RVs, boats and trailers throughout the U.S. and internationally. Offers $25 discount to customers who call for a quote.
|Budget Auto Transport Los Angeles||Read Expert Review|
Works with a nationwide network of carriers to transport vehicles from door to door. Uses open and enclosed trailers. Offers competitive pricing with no hidden fees.
|Corsia Logistics||Read Expert Review|
Ships vehicles all over the country, including Hawaii and Alaska. Works with international companies to transport vehicles overseas. Offers open and enclosed carriers. Expedited delivery available.
|HYPERDEL Auto Shipping||Read Expert Review|
Offers a money-back guarantee and includes insurance for all vehicles it ships. Specializes in transporting high-end vehicles. Works with more than 10,000 carriers to ship cars coast to coast.
|Nationwide Transport Services||Read Expert Review|
Arranges auto transportation services to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Provides vehicle tracking. Offers enclosed auto transport carriers.
|Nationwide United Auto Transport||Read Expert Review|
Ships cars, oversized vehicles, camper trailers, boats and recreational vehicles across the U.S., including Hawaii. Experienced with transporting classic cars in enclosed carriers. Offers expedited vehicle shipping.
|Patriot Auto Transport||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in shipping high-end and antique cars to and from Los Angeles. Offers door-to-door auto transport services for SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, RVs and boats. Has full-coverage insurance.
How much does car shipping cost in Los Angeles?
Shipping a car domestically to or from Los Angeles costs anywhere between $560 and $1,620. Distance is the main factor that goes into calculating the price of auto transportation — the farther your move, the more you'll pay.
Use the table below to see the cost of transporting an SUV to and from LA. These estimates assume an operable, midsize SUV on an open carrier with a reservation made 45 days in advance.
Typical transport cost to and from Los Angeles
|Las Vegas||Los Angeles||$560|
|Los Angeles||Las Vegas||$560|
Factors other than distance also affect the cost of auto transportation in Los Angeles, including:
- Carrier type: Open carriers are cheaper, but enclosed carriers do a much better job of protecting your car from road debris and the elements.
- Vehicle condition: It takes more effort to load and unload an inoperable vehicle from the carrier, which results in extra costs.
- Type of vehicle: Some of the most expensive vehicles to ship are large SUVs and luxury cars. Luxury cars almost always ship in an enclosed carrier to protect them from outdoor elements, and large SUVs cost more because they’re heavy and decrease the carrier’s gas mileage. Shipping a motorcycle to another state usually costs less than shipping a car.
- Scheduling: How far in advance you make your reservation and the time of year also influence how much you pay. To save money, book your reservation at least 30 to 60 days in advance. The ideal time to move is spring or late fall when demand is lower. Rates are highest in the summer during peak moving season. Avoid moving during the holidays too.
Finding a car shipping company in Los Angeles, CA
Before choosing an auto transport company in Los Angeles, research the car shipping options available to you and decide how you’d like to ship your vehicle.
- Consider the type of delivery service you want. With door-to-door service, the company picks up your car from your house and delivers it to your next destination, which is helpful if you live far from a central transport station.
- Determine whether your shipping dates are flexible or must be exact. Having more flexibility in your shipping timeline saves you money — guaranteed dates are usually an additional fee.
Once you know what you want, start reaching out to auto transport companies in LA to get quotes. Make sure you get quotes from auto transporters and brokers. The main difference between the two is that transporters do the actual shipping, while brokers facilitate the transportation of your car through a network of transporters.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires all interstate auto transport companies to register to receive an MC docket number. Verify a company’s registration with the FMCSA and review their safety record before hiring them.
Before signing a contract, read the fine print to make sure it states your car is fully insured against damage sustained in transit.
Los Angeles auto transport FAQ
- How do I ship a motorcycle from Los Angeles?
- Choose a vehicle transport company in Los Angeles with experience shipping motorcycles. This ensures they have the right equipment to get your bike to your next destination without it falling over. Close to half of the auto transport companies in LA ship motorcycles.
- How do I ship my exotic car safely from Los Angeles?
- Research auto transport companies to find one that specializes in shipping high-end cars. To keep your car in pristine condition, transport it in a closed carrier. Consider adding a supplemental insurance policy to cover your vehicle if it’s worth more than the transporter’s insurance limit.
- Can you ship a car to another country from Los Angeles?
- Yes, you can ship a car from Los Angeles to another country. Hire an auto transport company in Los Angeles experienced with international shipping to guide you through the customs process.
- How long does it take to ship a car from Los Angeles?
- It takes anywhere from one to three days for in-state delivery and three to 14 days for moves more than 1,000 miles. As a rule of thumb, auto transport carriers can only drive 500 miles a day. Adverse weather and the time of year also play a part in transport time.
- Do you need insurance to ship a car from Los Angeles?
- Most auto transport companies provide insurance that covers your car while it’s in transit. The only time you may want to consider adding insurance is if you’re shipping a high-value vehicle that exceeds the limits of the company’s insurance policy.
Los Angeles car shipping company information
Nationwide United Auto Transport is a door-to-door auto transporter that ships cars, oversized vehicles, camper trailers, boats and RVs. The company also handles flatbed freight shipping and heavy hauling. Optional services include enclosed auto transport, car shipping to Hawaii, short-notice shipping and classic car transport. Nationwide United provides insurance coverage for every shipment.
- Address: 202 S. Figueroa St., Ste. 506, Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Phone: (800) 311-8305
- Hours: M - F: 7:30am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm
- Website: nationwideunitedautotransport.com
Patriot Auto Transport is an auto transporter that specializes in shipping exotic and classic cars to and from Los Angeles. The company also offers transport services for SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, RVs and boats. It transports vehicles in open or enclosed carriers.
- Address: 1220 N. Formosa Ave., Ste. 1, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Phone: (310) 492-3646
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 9pm; Sat & Sun: 8am - 8pm
- Website: patriotautotransport.com
Auto Shipping Group Los Angeles delivers cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles and classic cars throughout the country. Some of the auto shipping services it offers include door-to-door delivery, enclosed carrier shipping and international transport. The company also ships boats, trailers and RVs. Customers get a $25 discount when they call for a quote.
- Address: 1055 W. Seventh St., 33rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017; multiple locations
- Phone: (213) 328-6869
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 11pm
- Website: autoshippinggroup.com
Nationwide Transport Services is an auto transport broker with an office in Los Angeles. It ships to and from all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Nationwide offers door-to-door delivery, expedited shipping and open or enclosed carriers. Customers can track their vehicle on the company’s website.
- Address: 3440 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 240, Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Phone: (213) 599-3790
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 5pm
- Website: nationwidetransportservices.com
Alliance Auto Transport provides nationwide auto transportation services for LA residents. Its shipping options include open and enclosed carrier transport for cars, SUVs, trucks, vans and motorcycles as well as door-to-door delivery whenever possible. The company also offers boat and luxury car shipping.
- Address: 3680 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. P04-1118, Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Phone: (213) 383-8100
- Hours: M - Sun: 5am - 11pm
- Website: lowcost-carshipping.com
HYPERDEL is an auto transport broker that works with more than 10,000 carriers to ship cars coast to coast. Its shipping services include high-end car delivery, and it offers open and enclosed transport. The company provides a money-back guarantee and insurance coverage for all car shipments.
- Address: 3625 S. Centinela Ave., Ste. 2, Los Angeles, CA 90066; multiple locations
- Phone: (323) 425-8981
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 7pm
- Website: hyperdel.com
Budget is a transport broker that works with a network of shipping companies all over the country. These transporters offer open and enclosed carriers, door-to-door service and specialty options. Budget’s pricing is competitive and has no hidden fees. The company also has a reputation for delivering vehicles on time.
- Address: 1845 Westwood Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Phone: (424) 306 - 1874
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 10pm; Sat: 6am - 9pm
- Website: budgetautotransports.com
Corsia Logistics ships vehicles all across the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii. The company also works with international companies to manage overseas vehicle transport. Corsia ships cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, ATVs and heavy-duty equipment in open and enclosed carriers. It offers optional expedited shipping.
- Address: 641 N. Larchmont Blvd., Ste. 223, Los Angeles, CA 90004
- Phone: (818) 850-5258
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 2pm
- Website: corsia.us