2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Had a few issues with a European delivery, Audi customer support was a complete joke. They stood in the way of information and anything resembling a resolution. Very disappointing, DEFINITELY not a premium experience. To be avoided.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Car started burning oil at 95,000 miles. Dealer says they have never heard of the problem (but this is obviously not true because there are online complaints on this very issue). We usually keep our cars 150,00 miles and have done all the required maintenance and repairs (by the local dealer). Selling the car - won't buy another Audi. Very disappointed in Audi. They should do a recall and fix these problems.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My prepaid lease on my 2017 Audi A8L was expiring. I did not receive any communication from Audi Financial that I was welcome to lease another Audi. All that I received were emails and phone calls from Audi's contractor wanting to inspect my vehicle before the lease expired. When I called my otherwise good local dealer for help/advice, I was told to call Audi Financial. There is no communication between Audi Financial and the dealer. I called Audi Financial about purchasing the A8L, and was promised a mailed package that I could complete. I never received the package. It became obvious that Audi did not want to take the effort to keep me as a customer. I sold the car to Carmax for a small profit, and bought a BMW 7 series. I will not buy another Audi.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought an Audi Q7 from Audi Alto Pennant Hills and also bought extended warranty. The car has been sent back for repairs more than 3 times and still there is the same problem or new problem. The AUDI Mechanics are either poorly trained or totally not professionally qualified. Each time it is so hard to speak to someone from the service department. Every phone call, the receptionist will give an excuse that "All the servicemen are on the driveway or not on their desks". I have called them 5-6 times each day just to leave my number and no one calls me back.

I have to CALL and CALL! I even have to ask my friends to try calling to reach the Service Department and they too experience the same problem - leaving their phone numbers and no one call back at all. Funny thing is that I am a car owner of a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Fiat, Mercedes-Benz and unfortunately this AUDI Q7 which is definitely the WORST purchase I ever made in my life. I have never encounter any problems with my other cars at all. I will never buy another AUDI in my life again as the AUDI brand and reputation has been seriously tarnished. BAD and POOR customer service. Do not buy from AUDI ALTO PENNANT HILLS unless you want to be disappointed by faulty cars and poor service by their mechanics. Extremely disappointing!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I got my Q3 brand spankin' new and for the first 2 years it was excellent. Now in my 3rd year, I've had my vehicle serviced twice for rear-view camera malfunctions. Now, my vehicle won't turn on. I'm stranded. I have what I suspect to be some sort of major computer malfunction because despite my turning the vehicle off, the radio turns on by itself and is what I suspect to be the reason why my battery has drained (and no, I never got the battery service light prior to this incident, in fact, I didn't get any service indicator lights). Once I miraculously got it started, the speedometer and computer mph reading defer by 25 mph - at a red light the computer reads I'm going 25 mph. I also get the occasional TPMS on my dash and my tires are fine. This would've cost me a fortune if my vehicle weren't still under warranty. It's only 3 years and 8 months old and has less than 42000 miles.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Horrible experience with Audi Financial! Despite being a loyal Audi customer for years, owned many of their cars and (always paid on time) they treated me so bad. Charged me money after return of a lease (for change of a tire) without properly communicating with us and next I receive a letter from collection agency. And when I call to clarify they mistreated me again on the phone (somebody name Marco...). So disappointed. Don't buy Audi!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I own 2013 Audi A8 that has only 100000 km. It is 4.0 dual Turbo. The car is an amazing car and 2 months ago just stalled. An Audi mechanic close to my work looked at it and told me it is the turbos. I bought Audi original Turbos and replaced them and I got a call from the mechanic that they are gone again and the engine is full of broken metals. I called Audi Canada and they said it is A8 with only 100000 km so we need to know what is going on, I took it to PFAFF Audi in Vaughan and they said you need new engine.

I have been waiting for many days to know if Audi Canada is going to help with the cost and the repair and I hope they will because such an expensive car with only 100000 km should not have an engine damage because of turbos. This is a shame and frustrating issue and I think whoever wants to buy Audi should think of. I do not have extended warranty as I bought it from a private dealer who bought it from Audi Canada directly. This is unfair and really painful to go through. I am now waiting for Audi Canada decision and I will post more information once I get an answer.

Updated on 07/13/2018: So I had posted my problem with my 2013 Audi A8. Audi Canada answered me finally by saying, "We will not help in fixing this car because you took it to an independent Audi mechanic and he is not certified by us." So, when you are stuck and your car stalled and there is a guy that deals with Audi all his life close to you, what do you do?? The 2013 Audi A8 4.0L turbo is absolutely a car that you should not consider buying as the turbos break and damage the engine. It is not worth the money to fix, $15000 just for new turbos and add the engine another $10000. 5 years old car!!!

Audi is not standing behind their product and talking about customer service and the answers I got from one of the representative, he was yelling and insulting because I am not letting them doing their job. They were giving me false information and I did not like it. Their offer is to give me a voucher to use for the future if I want to buy an Audi. Huh, would you do it again???

Original review: June 28, 2018

I love the Audi A3. It has superb handling and has unbelievable acceleration for its price. It also has 4-wheel drive since we got the Quattro and it is reassuring. Its cabin is attractive and we both adore our driving position. We like its safety features, and has a quiet but extremely responsive engine. It is completely fun to drive.

I would have preferred even more safety features such as automated braking in emergencies. Nevertheless, we would buy another Audi in a heartbeat because we have been won over with this experience.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Audi q3 is very good. But, some technology features missing. It drove well and the turn radius and acceleration was excellent on the vehicle. The Audi is built to last mileage-wise with less issues than the other car brands. I like its performance of drive and quality of build/Longevity. The outside look of the vehicle and how it drove over railroad tracks and potholes was significantly different than the other cars I test drove. However, there is no back-up camera, no navigation, media went in and out. For the price you pay for the car, you would think these items come standard as they do in less prestigious brands such as Honda, Ford, and Chevy.

Original review: June 23, 2018

There are several class action lawsuits on this exact issue. I have a Q5 that the engine blew up recently due to a hydraulic tensioning of the timing belt causing the belt to stretch, thus slipping on the sprocket. The valve crashes into the piston, destroying the engine. When I brought it to the dealer with 62K miles, they said "Tough. It's your problem as it is out of warranty". I asked if they were saying that I was ** and they said "yeah, in other words." The repair cost is $10,000.

A high end Audi SUV not lasting >65k miles due to a fundamental design flaw and them literally saying you're screwed... Wow! I'm trying to get the word out to anyone and everyone to warn them against anything Audi or VW. It is fundamentally flawed and they just don't care. This is exemplified by the lawsuit that they just settled on the diesel cover up.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My Audi A4 was well designed/attractive. It has a nice handling, smooth ride and black on black with black tinted windows. It also had a great black leather interior to match the slickness Of the black exterior. It is definitely a nice car and one of my absolute faves because it was very stylish, fresh, sleek and cool. It almost reminded me of a Batmobile because it was so nicely designed and had a lovely exterior. It was in the luxury world but not as expensive as a Benz or BMW. I loved the Audi A4 but wish it had more tech features. Also, it needed lots of repairs and had recalled items which was very annoying. So when it started to break down I was ready to get rid of it instead of pouring money into repairs.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I found the Audi Q5 to be a very attractive car compared to other models that I had reviewed. It has a lot of features that I wanted in a car and the price was within my budget. I chose the Audi because of safety ratings that it has, it rides great and it had most of the features that I wanted. The car has GPS, which comes in handy often. It has WiFi and drives smoothly to be an SUV. The SUV has lots of power and acceleration is great. I enjoy the fact that it has Bluetooth and Sirius Radio as well as heated and vented seats. However, it does not have a convenient USB port and the GPS system took some time to program. I would change the location of the cup holders. I find it awkward to drive and use my cup holder because of where it's located. I also wish I had steering wheel heater and that it had the in dash readout. But overall the Audi Q5 is a great car.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Worst car ever purchased, I purchased the car (2018 Audi Q5) from Richfield Audi a couple months ago and their staff does not understand the car or know how to fix it. I am unable to lock doors, the hatchback opens by itself, brakes make a rumbling sound. Richfield Audi has no idea what is going on and they don’t care. There are several more issues with car and called their Manager and he was going to have the service department call me and they never did. Previous to this my car was in the Audi garage for a week and only one problem was repaired, PLEASE NEVER BUY AN AUDI.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I bought a used A3 Quattro with 2800 miles in 2015. The car handles and drives very well but only if it is not in the shop. I have about 69K miles and have already had a water pump failure at 55K and now have a Gear Shift Lever Assembly issue. At about 65K the car started giving me an electronic malfunction warning and told me to stop, place the car in park and call service. I had it diagnosed to this assembly and have been told the repair is about $1700. I thought the days of poor reliability were over. I guess not! This vehicle has engineered obsolescence and is only good for the 50K warranty. I advise not buying the A3.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I purchased my Audi S7 as a CPO at 49000 miles. The moment I received the car I noticed it had unusual shifting between 1st and 2nd gear, and how it behaves with just stop and go movement. It would be worst in stop and go traffic where the transmission would make a clunky noise and could be felt under the floor. So far they’ve updated ECM and Transmission Software, replaced Mechatronics, replaced multiple motor mounts and control arms ball joints etc, replaced weeping coolant and transmission fluid lines... and after being the 6th week in the shop currently they will replace the Dual Clutch and hope this solves the problem.

This has already been my 4th time in the shop and the car has now spent over 60 days in the shop for the same issue. I’m even hesitant to take the car back anymore knowing how hard it was to battle a transmission problem from the start. It’s unfortunate all Techs only look for Fault Codes on a Computer when the problem can be a caused by a mechanical failure. At the end of the day, it’s not a shop foreman’s car, and he will never feel what you feel with the vehicle.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I own an Audi A4 Quattro that with less than 60.000 miles started with a metallic sound from the front wheels, it turned out that the bearings had to be replaced... I had a extended warranty which Audi refused to honor. It is very disturbing that a company that is so proud of their 4-wheel drive would have such premature problems with their wheel bearings. To add insult to injury, the dealer had not updated the history of the car with the repairs done, the brand said there must have been "internet problems". To me, it seems like a deliberate effort to hide problems that may affect other owner, which is the reason I am posting this complaint to ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: May 17, 2018

2011 Audi Q5 - Really disappointed with this car. The oil consumption is crazy and because I started to have issues with the consumption after 2015 but even though the class action lawsuit was settled, I am now not qualified to get my oil issue fixed because I am past the date and the mileage is over 80,000. Really disappointed that Audi is handling these cases so poorly even though it is clearly their manufacturing error! Horrible customer service.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Repeated issues with carbon build-up which turns the engine indicator light on. Audi has cleaned the valves previously, at no charge to us acknowledging this problem and that it will likely recur. It has recurred, but now they want $1300 to remove the engine for a thorough cleaning. 2009 was the first year for the Q5 and a fair solution would be to recall this car or take care of the cost for this recurring problem. Audi has declined any further assistance. We will never purchase an Audi again.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have a 2012 Q7 with 125000 on the clock. I must say this is one of the most reliable and enjoyable vehicles I have owned. It never breaks down and just requires regular maintenance. As for people complaining about noisy brakes I find this only occurs if the pads are not properly bedded. As other posters said they are unwilling to do 5 or 6 fast stops from 60 mph to 20 in succession on a deserted road. If they did this as recommended by the Audi dealer this would bed the brake pads properly. This vehicle has high performance brakes not your cheap brakes found on most cars. I am so satisfied with Audi we replaced our Volvo with another Audi. When the time comes to replace the Q7 I will be getting another Audi.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My wife loves this 2012 A4. We bought it new in 2012. It's great looking (black on black), drives well and has plenty of room plus it's a manual transmission model, a requirement for her. Issues include a weird bug in the emissions control system which causes the engine check light to come on intermittently when she fills it up with gas and a finicky air flow meter which needs cleaning frequently. It's been in the shop four times for the intermittent check engine light with a lot of expense and no result. We just live with it. Another annoyance are the constant Emails and Snail mails we received advising us to trade the car in on a new one from Audi.

The trade in offers were well below Kelly blue book trade in value and wouldn't stop coming although I continuously asked the senders to cease sending them. Also, Audi no longer provides a manual transmission so the offer is pretty much moot to begin with. Last, the service costs are way to high even in the warranty period and the only people that can turn off the maintenance reminder is the dealership. In conclusion, it's great looking and driving car with a dubious fuel delivery system and really poor support from the dealership and Audi of North America.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The styling of the Audi is incomparable, is definitely not a BMW and definitely not a Mercedes, it has its own niche in the market and it’s just beautiful. I finally found a car brand I love!! I will buy another Audi.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Audi handled great. Good gas mileage. Fuel economy opt and looks good. I used a 2017 for about a month. Hated to give it up. Looks like a luxury sedan handles like a sports car. Very roomy.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The Audi A6 is a great vehicle to drive and it's fantastic on the road. I have driven it to Tucson, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Naples, FL and it handles very nice.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love the Audi Q5 performance and options (Prestige S-Line, 3.0l) but if you’re concern with mpg, fuel grade options, or a low maintenance, search for another vehicle.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have owned several German autos... BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Of the three brands, the Audi Q5 Premium Plus (2010) has been the best by far! The only problem has been with the emissions system fouling due to the direct fuel injection; a problem common to many current brands. Audi's service has been excellent in correcting any and all problems! My biggest complaint is the cost of replacement parts... extremely high ($53.00 for a plastic visor clip)!

Original review: April 25, 2018

The 2018 Audi Q7 is quite possibly the best car on the road today. It is very solidly built, extremely quiet and comfortable, and handles like a sports car in highway traffic: no sway during quick lane-changes, is not prone to over-control. The 3.0 Quattro provides tremendous power despite the car's size and weight. Plus, the 18-inch wheels provide the driver a great view of traffic ahead, a big advantage when anticipating slow-downs and congestion. A pure pleasure to drive.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have a 2015 Audi A3. I am the only owner of the car. It has 42k. Last week while driving to work, I felt a weird shake, at first I thought I had a flat tire. But I quickly realized that I wasn't that lucky. (insert sad face emoji here). The check engine and EPC (I may have those letters wrong) lights were on. Long story short the car was flatbed towed to the dealership. They gave me a loaner (Q3) and I was on my way. Later that day, they called and said my car had a bad fuel injector. They ordered the part and said my car would be repaired the next day. The next day, I was called and told that while replacing the fuel injector, they discovered that a piston had "exploded"! They called it a catastrophic engine failure. That is still a little hard to digest. Fortunately, my car is still under warranty. Audi is replacing my whole engine. I own another Audi and I am a fan of the brand. I will comment again when I get my car back, sometime this week. Hopefully, I will be happy.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The technology in the Audi A4 sedan is complicated and not user friendly. The manual is not helpful either. It is a great ride but it uses premium gas which is a pain. I bought it because it is highly rated in crash tests. I have only owned it 8 months so I don't know how it's long term durability will be but it is rated highly in this area.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased the Audi Allroad 2001 in 2006 w/ 56,000 for 21,000. At 1st people took advantage for any type of repairs. Now I have someone honest. Car runs great w/ 160,000 mi. Self leveling suspension works great, no more bag problems and engine is strong. This is a luxury car in & out.

Original review: April 10, 2018

In 2014 I had purchased a 2006 Audi A3 with 30,000 miles, with a clean title. It was great for the first year or so and once it hit 60,000 miles, I had absolutely nothing but problems. Around 60,000 miles, I was on the expressway, and my car started to jolt back and forth, that ended up being because the fuel rail sensor went bad. A couple thousand miles later, my alternator goes bad, without any warning, leaving me stranded. Shortly thereafter, I was on my way to class and I had a severe cylinder misfire. Mind you, this is all within less than a year's time.

After all of those issues were fixed, I thought everything that could have possibly broken was fixed. Next thing you know, my A/C is now only blowing cold air when I'm going 80 MPH down the expressway and blowing hot air when it's idling or going slower than 80. I also got my car scanned to see why the check engine light turned on again, and it turns out that I have another two cylinder misfires and my fuel pump is going bad. This car only has 70,000 miles on it and has had more problems than I ever imagined. I am beyond disappointed in Audi and the quality of their vehicles and how unreliable they are. I will most definitely not be purchasing another Audi or any German car for that matter.

Audi Company Information