Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

3.9/5 (757 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Audi

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a new 2019 A8 - and there is a problem with the software on the engine control module. This leads to misfires and power loss - and Audi has no fix for the issue (they are suggesting a software update will be coming in 9 months). How can you sell a $95k car and not stand behind it - just a joke - Audi should be ashamed.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Back in 2017, car had EPC light illuminated, would lose power while driving, would idle roughly and then not turn on. Had it towed to Audi Honolulu. Found electrical wiring burning through to the gas tank (could've blown up) and so they replaced the gas tank and the wiring at their "goodwill" more like to save a lawsuit. Anyways April 2019 now, same issues with EPC light, idling and losing power then it not turning it on. Got it towed to Audi El Paso. Apparently, cylinder 1 and 2 in the engine are at 0 psi compression and we need a new engine.

Mind you every service has been done at an Audi dealership and its only got 60,000 miles on it. Told they wont be covering any costs and told by Henry at Audi El Paso he wont even provide a loaner vehicle unless we agree to pay $10-13k for a new engine. What a joke. My thing is why wasn't this issue found in 2017 when the car had the exact same issues? It's their job to fix the car right. I am going to be taking my claim further until I get results. Googling the same car and I see so many people with the same issues. When will Audi take customers seriously? Makes you wonder how many Audis are a safety hazard driving around and could blow up any second. My families safety comes first and it should come first for Audi too.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Hi all. I own an Audi A5 2013, 1.8 TFSI Coupe, I bought this car as a second hand (used) from Trade Centre UK in Wednesbury. I thought "what a great car..." Test drive it. Liked it. Bought it. Few months later it went on limbo mode just like that. All of the sudden. No warnings. Nothing. Took it to an RAC approved garage (when I bought the car I was recommended to buy the premium RAC warranty which you have to pay 41.50 UK pounds per month for 3 years) and they told me that they had to replace a part that has to do with the a/c of the car (air conditioning) which cost them £1000. Then few months later one of my injectors went bad so I had to take it to an RAC approved garage again for them to fix it, when that was done and I got my car back all of the sudden the EPC light came on with the traction control on the dashboard. I thought FFS. This is some sort of a joke...

Took it to a garage again, my mechanic had to replace a part that he thought would fix the car which it didn't so when he reported the problem to me he also said that he thinks it could be the control module unit of the car which is the brain of the car. Apparently, it was flooded with water, somehow the when it rains the water makes it way to the ECU but when he hired an electrician the electrician said that there was nothing wrong with the ECU so I thought great. At least I don't have to pay money from my own pocket to get it replaced because apparently the ECU is not covered under the premium RAC warranty.

The electrician told my mechanic that the part he ordered and got it replaced it was faulty so my mechanic contacted the VW (Volkswagen) people (because that's where he ordered it from) and asked for another one. So he installed it and still the problem wasn't fixed so he called me and explained to me what happened and now he had to call out an Audi expert. That was few days ago.

When I called my mechanic today to ask him for an update on my car, he said that the Audi expert said that there is a fault in the ECU and that he is trying to find a cost effective way to fix it instead of replacing the whole thing, I feel like my mechanic had my car more than what I did. I been in and out from garages for a good 2 months and still going. I would not recommend this car to anyone and it's a huge disappointment also worth me ruining that the fuel consumption is really bad I have to top up my car fuel £65 every 2 weeks and I mostly travel back and forth from work to home for 5 days sometimes 4 days a week, 10 minutes to drive to work and 10 minutes to drive back home. I wonder what will be next.

Original review: March 18, 2019

In March of 2017, I walked into the Audi Mission Viejo, California dealership to have a minor repair on my leased 2014, A8. They said it would take 15-20 minutes so I took the time to look at the new A8 cars that were available. Jon, the salesman came up to me and asked if he could help – I said I was just looking because my lease doesn’t come due for another 2 months. He said, “How would you like to save a couple hundred dollars per month and get a new one today”. My first question was what happens to the old lease where there are 2 more payments due. He said that those payments would be wrapped into the new lease and even then, I would save a couple hundred dollars per month.

I explained that this would be the only way I would be interested in getting a new car that day because I was actually thinking of other less expensive cars and wasn’t particularly happy with the service I had received from Audi during the current lease. Enticed by the offer, I ended up picking out a new 2017 A8, and before I left, I realized that I wasn’t even coming close to a couple hundred-dollar savings, in fact the payment was about $60 less. I just accepted this considering that they took back the other car with still two months of payments. He also told me that even if there was some minor wear and tear Audi waives that when you are leasing a new car and “staying part of the family”.

Fast forward 2 years and my wife and I are moving to a new home. We are getting a mortgage and something shows up on my credit which is 820 on the FICO scale. I’m told by the bank that I need to do a conference call with Audi and an outside credit company that deals with these situations. During the call, I am told by Edgar at Audi that I still owe $3,236.74 from the 2015 lease. He explained that the amount due was because Audi took a loss when they sold the car, excess wear and tear, and lease payments that were still due. I pointed out to him that I have never seen one single bill via mail or any other form in two years.

Also, while I was speaking to him, I checked my online account with Audi which showed all past and current leases and nothing showed there either. He agreed that this is a problem and I should contact my dealer and Audi of America. He also said that this does not show on my credit as something that is outstanding but then, when I pointed out that is why we are having this call, he said that should never had/have an effect on my credit. What am I supposed to do, call Audi every time I need a loan and have my credit checked? I will NEVER have anything to do with Audi or any company affiliated with Audi, they are as crooked as they come.

Oh, and by the way, on another subject that you as a consumer should be aware of, several months ago I asked for a copy of the lease for my wife’s 2015 Q7, they ended up sending someone else’s credit application which had a lot of personal information like social security number, DOB, where they work, how much they make, etc. When I called back to let them know, they made the same mistake and sent me yet again someone else’s information. Third try, I finally got a copy of my lease. Bad business is the best I can say for Audi!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Just serviced my 2013 A4 at AUDI Santa Monica dealership. Probably the worst experience had with them, they overcharged me by almost $300 (Paid ~$615 while last service was the same and it cost me ~$300, Service Rep claimed that last time workload was less than this time which is not true), been a hectic week for me so had no energy to argue with someone who is probably not responsible.

My coolant light sometimes turns on and I have been to that dealership 3 times while car was UNDER WARRANTY to fix this issue and every time I was assured it was fixed and the issue never got fixed. Been regularly servicing my car over there (Have done all required services with Audi) during this period but I was informed that I need to pay an abnormal fee since there is an issue with the coolant pump and parts need to get replaced and it won't be UNDER WARRANTY since it is a new issue which is not the reality (Paperworks proves my statements).

Had the same issue with my brakes, no one ever mentioned to me that my brakes have issues (Been following company's guidelines and scheduled maintenance) so now it is going to cost me ~$1K to fix. It is smarter to not go after $300-$1K more for someone who can potentially be your repeat client and make you more money than the change these service departments are after. (I know this since I am a Business Analyst.) Please educate your dealerships on how to run a business. GOODBYE AUDI FOREVER, from now on will take my car to a reputable decent mechanic. Will never also purchase another AUDI in my life.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a 2017 A3 in Sept 2017 at Audi Nanaimo. I've only owned it just over a year, and purchased their Audi Care Pkg that includes 4 service appts. They recommend routine service at certain intervals, the last one being 60,000kms. I was overdue by 19,000 when I brought it in because of a strange sound while steering to the left, but still within the stated warrantied mileage. They deemed it a complete transmission failure after a $600 diagnosis and will not replace the transmission under warranty, because they said I was overdue for servicing...and the car only has 80,000km on it! They then proceeded to send me an $11,000 quote. What a scam.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If you ever consider buying a used Audi make sure it has an extended warranty for as long as you plan on owning it!!! They break down often and when they do it will cost you a fortune to fix!! You will get sucked in thinking, "Ok I'll fix this problem then I should be ok," then next month another issue and it happens every month, and it is major money every time!!! Last one I owned was an A6 with 70,000 miles, car book value is around $10,000 they want $6500 to repair a mechatronic, car will not shift out of park when it's cold, no way to bypass it, and they don't even have the part!!! I now own a $10,000 piece of **!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Vehicle (2016 A6 Quattro) has shut off while driving. Vehicle has shut off while at a stop light; would not immediately restart. Fiddled with the gears, put in park. Got vehicle to start after about 30-60 seconds. 30-60 seconds is a significant amount of time at a stop light that has just turned green. This has happened 3 times. Enter vehicle; start; put in reverse or drive to exit my driveway; car has shut off while attempting to exit driveway, 4 times; warning/Prompting me to put it in park. Brakes or rotors make a scratching noise; notice if driving close to a wall or median (to reflect the sound) when windows are down.

Have had brakes checked by dealer multiple times and have been told they were fine. However, they make a constant noise. My parking sensor has been stuck in a position that makes vehicle think the passenger side front bumper is in contact with something. Will usually go back to normal by the next day. This has happened twice. Also has 2 recalls. 1 has not been completed. The other, the airbag recall, has been unable to be repaired. Dealer states they have not been sent the parts. This has been ongoing for months now.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Car was purchased in Toronto in mid Oct, 2018, driven to Naples, Florida in early November and parked in a condo garage 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico with the passenger side exposed to winds from the Gulf. In mid January a braking issue was noticed when braking at highway speeds. Audi service determined that the issue was caused by rust on the passenger side brake rotors and advised that because this was a result of "outside influences" the repair cost would not be covered by the warranty. Does this seem reasonable when other equivalent cars parked in the same condo location over 8 years had not encountered the same problem?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Purchased a new vehicle and was convinced by my dealer to finance through Audi in order to get a credit off the purchase price. Asked if there was a payoff penalty and was assured there was none. After the 2 month waiting period required for Audi Financial to establish the account, I contacted them for a payoff quote. This is only good for 10 days. In that period of time, I re-financed through my credit union and had them send a check directly to Audi Financial. Audi claims they never received the first check, so my credit union issued a second check which was received. Unfortunately, Audi Financial did not honor the first pay off amount so due to the interest accrual, I continued to get statements with "Balance Due = $0.00".

After the 3rd statement of this type, I contacted Audi Financial and they said that they had not put the check from my credit union as a pay off amount. They just put the money towards my payments and my next payment wasn't due until Jan 19, 2023 (the last payment). But my vehicle was still not technically paid off. In the last phone conversation I had with Audi Financial, I was told that they had received the first check but there was a problem with the account number so they didn't apply it to the loan - which would have paid off my loan. Seems like it was very intentional in order to get more interest from the loan/financing. Although there is not a technical charge for paying off the loan at Audi Financial, it seems that they have ways of getting the most interest possible from their customers. I love my Audi vehicle, but I will never use Audi Financial again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought a brand new 2014 diesel Q7. I loved it, loved how it drove, the gas mileage, its acceleration and handling. I loved the sound system and how roomy it was, and how comfortable it was to drive and ride in from almost any seat. 3rd row kind of sucked, but usually their kids anyway. So what happened? The government. Freakin California says they lied about emissions. Diesels anywhere else in the world (literally - I've been there) are mainstream BECAUSE of their fuel efficiency. So they pay me 8K to keep my car and "fix it" so that it meets ridiculous standards of emissions. I got it fixed May? of 2018. It's now been in the shop 2x for 7-10 days per time because of the ad blue light indicator/system being faulty.

This last time they thought there was air in the lines so they had to have the mechanic drive it for 50 miles (with my permission - I live 2 hours from the dealer) to verify purging of the system. They also found out I had it chipped at some point - way before their fix and of course now they want to say their warranty for the fix is no longer viable. My performance chip that is no longer even connected due to their re-construction of my exhaust system has nothing to do with their ad-blue fiasco. Of course, in Audi's best interest they no longer offer diesel vehicles in the US but will still offer them overseas. Along with VW who has a smashing replica in 2019 of what this car used to be. I used to love my Audi, now it's an anchor and potential money pit.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I took my 2016 Red Audi A4 to Audi of South Atlanta in Union City Georgia on 12/12/2018 in the afternoon hours. I took it for the after coolant pump recall and to get a diagnostic as to why my reverse camera would intermittently work. I got there, dropped off the car, signed for my loaner car & acknowledged the 149$ diagnostic fee. Upon taking the trunk apart they came upon my wiring harness underneath the deck lid had been cut and taped back together possibly by a previous body shop that repaired the car after an accident back in 2016 when I got the car new. They were saying that over the course of two years and the wires being held back together by tape that they became loose.

We then got State Farm involved and did a 3 way call with the dealership and they agreed to do another tear down at the cost of State Farm, as I had requested them not do any repair work as I would take it up with the previous body shop. But State Farm wanted to send an adjuster out to get an estimate of the damage. Hear nothing until 12-26-2018 When I got an email about the findings and if I wanted to do the repairs or not, and I did NOT respond to the email I instead asked Tim ** the service adviser why I was receiving the email and if it was just automated because the last communication I had during the 3 way call was that State Farm was paying for the repairs not me that I never wanted the work done if I was going to be responsible for the bill. He text me and said “Let me verify with State Farm that they are bringing a check by today or tomorrow”.

12-27-2018 I hear from Tim ** that State Farm is denying the repair and that the repair has already been completed because they sent him over the document containing the estimate he took that as approval for repairs is what he told me. I asked to see said document because I was not in any communication about the repair being done until after the fact. He texts on the same date how pissed he is because the State Farm claims adjuster would not allow him to speak to his supervisor and ask if I would call them the next day and allow a 3 way call with the supervisor of said claims agent “Carter”. Over the next business day when Tim ** realized that State Farm was not going to pay for repairs as they did not and have no right to do approve repairs to my car only I can approve said repairs and I NEVER approved ANY repairs!!

So they start looking at me for the money, first telling me the cost of the repair telling me & the advisor at Audi of America that I need to pay it and go after my insurance company for reimbursement. Then when they realize I am not about to pay almost 2k for this repair they then tell me they could charge me the 725$ for the rental car which my agreement was for a “Loaner” car… A few days going back and forth with my local agent, this dealer, and the sheriffs department they then agree to release the car for a lowered amount of $500 and they put my broken part back in and keep their new part. I declined once again as the only thing I approved was a $149 diagnostic fee.

I then call Audi Financial who I have the vehicle financed with and told them the story and they really weren’t much help. So after being threatened with the cost of the loaner Audi I decided to return it and get a few things out of my car since it was clear they were going to have it for quite some time. When they finally bring my car around for me to retrieve property out of they had in my front seat my LICENSE PLATE to take with me… talk about taking possession of something I have paid 27k for to this day… WOW! Then I start looking into legal options and possibly even just letting Audi reposes the vehicle as it was going on 3 weeks and no one wanted to help me when this dealer was Clearly STEALING MY CAR!!! I let it go for a week or two this new year as I was stressing way too much.

Today on 01-21-2019 I call and speak with service manager Allen, I was being nice considering this dealer has done nothing but rob me for 4 weeks as I’m paying a car payment and insurance on a car they have. I ask if they would consider $350 instead of $500 like they had offered a few weeks back to just put this all behind us since they were in the wrong for doing repairs I never approved and he said no that is not what he and the service advisor offered me and that to take the car off the lot it would be the full $500.

I said, "Okay if you all want to continue being crooks I will find a way to get my car" and he interrupts me and says that they are not crooks and if that is how I felt that I can pay the full invoice price and to not come up there to get the vehicle until I have all the money including the loaner car and hangs up!!! Here I am going out of my way to be the bigger person and Pay them money of any amount other than $149 and I get that type of attitude and yelling from a member or management?? I guess this is what to expect when owned by Buttler Automotive Group out of Macon Ga… Update to come when I retrieve my car.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

1/11/18 purchased 2018 Audi S5 Corporate car with 8700 miles. Max oil warning light kept coming on. Took out 9 qts gasoline saturated oil. Serviced 4 times, contact Audi USA 3 times & email. No response. Traded car for BMW 540XI.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Audi Q7 and was pushed by Grapevine Audi to finance for at least 4 months to get a rebate and the dealer get an incentive from Audi Financial. Long story short I made the first payment of $10,000 which they lost and now claim they returned. They say the check was cashed...this was an electronic bank transfer made by my bank and the entire story from Audi makes no sense and they cannot prove how they returned the funds. I have been dealing with this for over a month and each call results in a different story from Audi Financial. If you choose to finance an Audi do so through your own bank to avoid this nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have never owned an Audi product, so I decided to lease a 2017 Audi Q7 3.0 to determine if I would shift from the Benz and BMW world. The car is good, very good but I have problems with obtaining satisfactory maintenance service. My first bad experience was at Audi of Silverspring, MD where I schedule to take my car in and booked a Loaner. On getting there, I was referred to Enterprise somewhere at the back of the Audi facilities. Enterprise wasted my time and within one hour, the provided 2 cars that did not work. I called my Service Associate multiple times and left messages. I did not get him and he never replied my call.

At the edge of one hour, I decided to go back to Audi. I still did not meet my Service Associate. I told them to give me my car and left in annoyance without doing the service (they have not started working on it after one hour). I took it to Audi of Bethesda, MD but was very dissatisfied with their service as well - location difficult to locate, no clear directions that the Dealership location is different from the Service Center, poor estimation of completion time, technicians handled the car roughly and carelessly. I tried reaching through the text I got but no response even though the text stated I could use it to reach my service technician - bad responsiveness.

On the next one, I went back to Silverspring and planned to wait while the service was done so I would not run into issues of getting a Loaner car. I got my car back but before I drove back home, the lever used to open the Hood fell off like three times. I kept putting it back and it kept coming off. I then decided to keep it in the Glove Compartment but before that, I took a picture and sent it to the Audi Silverspring SMS text line that the Service Person uses to communicate. I explained and requested a callback. I never got one but after 2 weeks, I got a text asking if I was satisfied. I referred him to my earlier SMS with the picture but never got a response back up till now. I called to leave a message to advise I was trying to get this resolved before leaving an online feedback - no response. Great cars but very poor maintenance service department(s).

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Cruise Control not working - was told someone unplugged a module and it would have to be realigned @ $930.00. Washer Fluid sensor was gooped up from the cold - $215.00. Battery failed a test - $530.00. Tail Light LED is bad - $630.00. It wasn't long ago when a tail light could be repaired for $15 and a new battery installed for $75. I'm holding my breath for something that is really serious. May be my last Audi.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I initially bought an Audi because of their quality and excellent engineering. However, I don't believe I will ever purchase another automobile from this manufacturer again. At 60000 miles my MMI system experienced a complete failure. The Navigation display would not come up, the radio wouldn't work, the navigation system completely failed. I took the car to the dealer here in Denver and was told the 5F MMI component would have to be replaced. Cost of the part $2200, $400 for labor. To say the least this is outrageous. Needless to say I am done with Audi, they are obviously not the reliable luxury cars I thought they were. Save your money! Don't patronize.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Audi A4- an 8 year, 97,000 mile, disposable car. I purchased a CPO 2010 Audi A4 in 2013 with low mileage from Tom Williams Audi in Birmingham Alabama. Since purchase, I have always had it serviced at Jack Ingram Audi in Montgomery, Alabama. Since owning it I have had two major engine issues and the last one has caused it to be a "throw away car". Immediately upon purchase, with about 22,000 miles the car was burning a lot of oil and after continual visits to Audi for over a year, they informed me of the excessive oil consumption recall and it did not pass the "excessive oil consumption test". Under warranty, the car underwent the #2 engine rebuild around 2014-2015 at about 35,000 miles.

After that repair, everything seemed fine until October 2018, when the car began shaking and the engine light went on. I brought it to Audi and they said it was a fouled spark plug. However, 30 days later, with 97,000 miles, the car began shaking again but this time the engine light came on and was flashing and the car would not drive. I had it flat-bedded to Audi, where I was told there is an extended timing chain/tensioner warranty, so not to worry. Audi paid to replace the timing chain/tensioner but I was told I needed a "valve job" for 4100.00, because of damage to the engine when the timing chain failed. I was told because of a pending class action lawsuit that Audi would pay on a sliding scale which would be 25% for my year and mileage. That would leave $3400.00 cost to me for a car with a $4000.00 trade in value.

Although being shocked about all this, I approved the work because I was not in a position to buy a new car, especially with $0 trade in money. However, I get another call today, telling me that there is more bad news, that at least two of the pistons had bent and there is something possibly cracked and I need a "long block" (ie new engine) for $11,000 of which Audi will pay 25% to repair due to the class action timing chain litigation. It makes no financial sense to spend $8250.00 (75% of the 11,000) for a car with a 4000 value. However, if I don't repair it, Audi owes me 0 for the total loss of my car that was working fine until the timing chain failed.

So at 8 years and 97,000 miles, this Audi A4, luxury car is a throw away car. Audi should have had to cover the engine damage caused by the faulty chain. This is the lions share of the repair cost. I feel Audi should owe me the full trade in value of the car because it broke as a result of the timing chain which they admit was faulty. Audi customer service was curt and told me to file with the class action suit when I asked if they would consider paying anything additional (this was several days before the "fairness hearing" was held on December 12). I would never advise anyone buy an Audi after this experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I bought an A4 a year and a half ago used but in incredible condition. Now for my confusing part. The car starts to idle rough, push the turn off button and keeps running for a few seconds. The engine light appears the next day. Ran code and came up timing. I then read it been quite the problem it seems. People having catastrophic engine failure at worst. I then see Audi has been sued.

I contact the lawyer firm representing the plaintiffs (on the tensioner failure) and was sent a form because my Audi was one of the models affected. Was told as long as I bring it to an authorized Audi dealership it would be covered 100% and if brought to an independent repair shop $1500 would be covered. Well I called the only dealer near me 50 miles away and was told, "Yes we are aware of the extended warranty and yes Audi will cover it." Okay great!!! Had the car flat bedded there. Got a call they received my car. Great then a service advisor called and said it would be a few days to a week to repair. I was told it a 10 hour job. I said okay.

Then a few days later I called back because I had a question. The service advisor told me, "I was just about to write you an email. I have some bad news. Audi will only cover 25% of the repair and need maintenance records." What!!!! What happened to you know all about the extended warranty and look forward to seeing your car. I said as far as the maintenance records they are all listed on Carfax. Was told they can't use that. (Why? Extended warranty companies use them along with Edmunds.) I don't know. Like I said I'm confused completely. It's been over a week and haven't heard a word back from anyone. I will say for the record the employees I did talk to were very polite but polite doesn't answer why I haven't heard back about the status.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I brought a new Audi A4 in 2013 and it has less than 50K miles on it as of today. Last year in June, the car doesn't accelerate and starts shaking while moving. I had to get it towed to the service shop where and after 3-4 days of tests, they informed me that they would need to fix the engine which would cost anywhere from 5-8K. Given that it was out of warranty, they expected me to bear the costs. It was ridiculous to even think that a premium car like Audi runs into such issues with less than 40K miles (at that time) and that they talk about warranty. It was really shameful and after several calls and discussions, they fixed the issue. However the fear of recurrence has always stayed and I have not been confident to take it for any long drives.

And I got it serviced 3-4 months ago (450$ bill) and was praying that it continues to work fine. And again yesterday the car wouldn't start. The EPC lights turn on and again I had to get the car towed to the servicing shop. They now inform me that I should first get the starter plug replaced (845$ - parts and labor) so they can diagnose further as to why the EPC light is on. I don't know what else they are going to come up with tomorrow and the mere thought scares me. So much for a premium car. The car wouldn't even last 50K miles without an issue though I have been getting it serviced on time with Audi service center only. What are my options to pursue further with the Audi care team?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The car will shut down, Windows roll up, seat belt tighten by itself when driving, There is no object in front or rear, When the happen the parking sensor will come on as well, this already happen to me three times already. Dealer shop test the car half day after the second time happen to me but nothing be found. They spent two weeks 800 hours drive test after it happen to me on the third time but still can not found the problems. They return the car and suggestion me to drive careful and make video or take picture when it happens again. How can I video it?

I did report to the Audi Canada November 26, 2018 but the suggestion was same thing. I driving the deluxe car daily not enjoin but under risk. My family member refuse with me if I drive on the high ways. I heard somebody had same problems too. Be careful the Audi Q7!!! Help me to found any better suggestion or solution please. AUDI Q7 3.0 QUATTRO WA1WAAF70HD020247.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have a 2012 Audi A4 2.0. 80K miles. Last week without any prior symptoms my engine light goes on. I drive a few miles home the next day. My car will not start. I take it to dealer for diagnosis, dealer tells me the timing chain tensioner failed and timing jumped causing major damage to engine. Repair cost or new engine is estimated between six and fourteen thousand dollars. This is a known issue from Audi and there is a class action lawsuit for same issue. Looking for Audi USA to see if they can assist. Anyone had same issue or experience with Audi USA? Any recommendations.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I lease an Audi A3, 2018. Within 11 months the car starts to lose power, while driving the car would be going 65 miles then randomly drops to 5 miles then starts back up, in 20-30 seconds. Went to Audi with the problem. They can’t find the problem or mimic the problem so they have the car back. It did it again while driving on the highway??? The car lost power and the driver behind me, switch lane to avoid me and ran into another car. I brought the car to Audi for over 5 months, and nothing can’t be resolved. Spoke to Audi of America, spoke to Terice and she was trying to help me, then she told me the same thing Audi tells their customer, "The problem can’t be mimic," so they can’t do anything about it. This is one of my worst experience with a Auto Company and I will get my lawyers involve.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased a brand new Q5 in 2011, put down a nice $50,000, expected a drive that will perform as a luxury car and last as so BUT... The car consume oil like crazy, from day one I have to add oil on a weekly basis. Audi tested the car and said "it’s normal". Yet I have 4 other cars some are even older than my Q5 but none of them need any oil in between services. After 109,000 miles the car needs 1.8 quarts of oil each 1000 miles - DO you know any car that performs as such? I don't. Luxury car that lasts 100,000 miles? Think carefully BEFORE you buy AUDI!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I continue to search for an affordable solution for my once beautiful Audi A4 under 100k miles as of today. The topcoat split open and the entire car looks like a jigsaw puzzle. Audi offers no help; no solution. The fix for me would be circa $1K. What could that possible mean to a rich organization like Audi. For me, however, because I'm now retired, it's not an option. If you're buying a pretty auto for the long haul, skip Audi... it peels.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Purchased a new 2018 Audi Q7 in Newton New Jersey. During an inspection at another Audi dealer discovered that the car had a previous issue and it had been repaired. This is a new car! The car had a short that melted the wiring and harness as well as hose and covers leading back to the alternator. The repair was not done to Audi Specifications nor was it noted in any service documents. This is a new car? What happened? Who fixed it? It looked like some backyard mechanic did the work. Why was it not noted in a service record and why was it not disclosed to me. We would never have purchased this car. The second Audi dealer was so concerned they took photos of the damage and forwarded them to Audi USA.

In addition it has been 60 plus days and we have no license plates or registration for the vehicle. The temporary permit expired 3 days ago and the dealer has not sent the plates. The dealer sent us a letter to offer to the Police asking for them to be patient as our plates are delayed. Can you believe this? All this has been reported to Audi USA. We were told this would be taken care of and we would get a new vehicle. We were told not to drive the car as is. "How could we as we have no plates?"

Forward 5 business days and still nothing. I have rented a car and have taken legal action and filed a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General’s office. Audi Newton defrauded us and worse has not provided the required license or registration. Audi USA has done nothing to remedy this unbelievable experience and now we are forced to take legal action. A 60 thousand dollar car purchase that cannot be driven. Stay away from Audi and Audi Newton NJ USA.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I bought a ex demonstrator Audi A6. To be fair it's a beautiful car in every way. It's the third Audi I have had after switching from BMW. My car broke down over three weeks ago and had to be recovered to an Audi dealer for diagnosis of fault. They told me a few days later that the battery had failed and that batteries for Audi Cars were on back order... We are into week 4 now and No sign of battery! The dealer eventually put me into a new Q5 but it simply is not the same car or of the standard that my car is but it has kept me on the road.

Now you only find out how good a company is when they have to resolve a problem and Audi UK customer service is hit and miss, my first contact was excellent, but the second when I complained why my car was still not rectified could not give a hoot! In fact the belligerent attitude of the lady dealing with update was very dismissive. Someone employed by a top brand to help was totally unhelpful.

Anyway the issue here is my car has been with Audi for over 4 weeks now and there is no end in sight, I feel sorry for the dealer as this is a AUDI UK problem and I hear that a bad batch of batteries might be the reason. So think on when you walk into the showroom and they are wow-ing you they are only as good as the time when they have to sort out a problem. I suppose the other side of this issue is that it's made me look at another brand and I will test driving their car tomorrow and Audi will probably lose me and those I come into contact with...what a shame.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have bought the Audi A4 since 2005. I purchased CPO for the extended warranty. I have had a 2001, great car and a 2006, another really great car. I was ready to update to a 2013. I found the car online and it is a beautiful car. However, I have had about 3 recalls in the two years that I have owned it. At the time I purchased the car, I bought it sight unseen but by online photos. I discovered the following... the spare tire is not regular size tire but a “donut”, dual temperature control is not standard, the Cd changer no longer exists, and 60/40 split folding seats were not available, as well as a push-button parking break which would probably not be of much service if your accelerator gets stuck and you need to shift to neutral to try to stabilize the car.

Features that seem to be standard (or just luck on my previous buys) are now optional or obsolete. Wish I had kept my ‘06, looking to trade-down. When did leather seats become leather inserts... ugh... Oh, yes, the turbo diverter valve has a gasket and required a new piston driven diverter valve, the cost for replacement is approx $3500.00, Why has this issue not been a recall since the issue is addressed online when you get the diagnostics code. Shame on you Audi... Sacrificing quality for cheap.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have a 2014 Audi Q5 and recently for no reason whatsoever, the power steering failed and nearly caused an accident. I mentioned it to my local Audi service department and had them look at it while it was in for 3 other recalls. They agreed that the power steering was not responding and it would have to be replaced. I explained to them that the car is barely driven and has never been in an accident. And I find it unacceptable that a car company that has built a reputation on handling and drivability would have a complete steering failure at 40k miles which they informed me is just out of warranty. I was told at my local Audi dealership that It would have to be paid for out of pocket so I called Audi customer support. This was over 2 weeks ago and since then I have gotten no clear information on the issue. I have been through 3 customer service reps and they have changed stories multiple times.

The second to last time they informed me that there was a program that the local Audi dealership has to help in situations like this. So I went back to Audi only to find out that they have no such program and they weren't even told about this from the customer service rep. I was supposed to receive an answer almost a week ago and it keeps getting pushed off. At this point I still can not drive the car or else risk getting into a serious accident. I also want to point out that I did research and found out that the SQ5 version of this Audi has a recall on the same issue. I further researched it thinking that the steering system was different only to find out it is the same part number. This is clearly a defect and Audi should be responsible for fixing it. I can't even get a clear answer as to what it would cost since the dealership has changed the price on me multiple times.

At this point the car can't be driven and I don't see why I would need to spend up to $3,500 to replace the entire power steering rack on a car with low miles that has been well taken care of. I also don't trust the service department at my local Audi since they informed me that my brakes and rotors need to be changed yet I just had them done about 1,500 miles ago. I am at a loss with Audi and just want the steering replaced so I can safely trade this in on a different brand vehicle or sell it out right. I don't feel safe driving it and I wouldn't want to sell it to someone else as is. If this car is driven it will cause a severe accident.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased my first Audi A6 in May of 2018. It was a brand new 2018. I noticed two bubbles protruding from the right rear door and paint peeling beneath it along the internal surface structure. I called Audi and sent numerous pictures. I told them to take the car back and that I wanted a replacement. They refused to give me another car after it was determined that it was indeed a manufacturer's defect. I was given two choices by them, to sue or get it fixed. I did not have the money to get an attorney so I was forced to fix a new car that was sold to me with defects. I will never again buy another Audi. Audi USA is horrible! The customer advocates are a joke. This is the worst experience I have ever had with buying a new car. Audi does not believe in Customer satisfaction.

Audi Company Information